Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday, January thirteenth, twenty twenty six. Welcome to the Giant BombCast. I am your host, jan Oh Choa joining me co captain of the ship. He's his own gold plated HDMI cord Jeff Crau.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Every single one of my veins had been dipped in gold, and now they work better than ever.
Speaker 2: That's true. Speaking about being dipped in gold, he has never been buffaloed because he is on top of everything, because he's in first place, because his veins are gold.
Speaker 3: Dan Reikert rarely buffaloed. I'm rarely buffaloed. I don't think I've been buffaloed in twenty years.
Speaker 2: Speaking about twenty years, that's the energy he gives off, that of a young, sprite twenty year old. He's ready to do backflips audio listeners. He's doing the Van Damn splits right now under his chair, under his desk.
Speaker 4: Jeff Becklar, Oh my groin, it's killing me from these splits.
Speaker 3: I've also buffaloed you.
Speaker 4: In the last twenty years, Dan.
Speaker 5: Do I know about this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Sorry, you don't actually own any of Giant pomp.
Speaker 1: Would buffalo me, buddy? If I told you that would give it away.
Speaker 3: You can't do this to me.
Speaker 1: I'm going to buffalo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a chronic buffaloing. It happened while we were on twenty eighth Street numerous times. Vinne and I buffaloed you all the time.
Speaker 3: On the podcast or in real life, in real actual life, this is going to kill him.
Speaker 2: Insurance.
Speaker 1: You don't actually have to pay for that. You've been It's been a trick this whole time. They got you.
Speaker 4: Look Dan, you know there's certain things that we just can't tell you when when you're older.
Speaker 2: When you're older, that's very bad of you. That's very naughty. Jeff Backler to be buffaloing a friend and speaking about being bad and naughty. We got the bird boy of games media my LIKENI.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's Mike Manati. I ate half a burrito too fast?
Speaker 1: Mike?
Speaker 2: Have you were your brothers ever thought about like starting a rap group called Manati by nature?
Speaker 5: Oh no, do.
Speaker 3: You get that reference?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, he don't get that.
Speaker 5: Are you down with opp I mean, I guess I don't know enough about them to be down. I'm not not named one of their songs.
Speaker 4: What no do you have a pampwin or something so I can understand better or not.
Speaker 1: Whether I'm that with OPP is the platform literature?
Speaker 3: Yeah, literature.
Speaker 2: This is very different identifying what cream was from the cash.
Speaker 1: Oh you forgot cream forgetting around me?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, there we go. Okay, all right, you pp.
Speaker 5: Personal profit, that's it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what?
Speaker 2: In that case, I am down with OPP. Yeah, boys, Gang, how's everything doing? I know the world is on fire. Everyone out there. Go protect your neighbors and your family and friends. Go check up on them. Shouts out to the DAN. I I hope everything's okay over there.
Speaker 3: But but you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: How is everyone doing in the meantime?
Speaker 1: Yeah you say hanging in there? Yeah? Sure? Why not?
Speaker 3: Gang?
Speaker 2: I I I want to take this opportunity, Jeff Grebb to ask the folks at home, or tell the folks at home really how they can support us over here at GB.
Speaker 1: Well, first they needed to know that they should support us because we're independent games media. We're out here on our own, but we can be better. We can do more because we have you in our corner at our backs. You went to Giant bomb dot com slash join, became a premium member, it has gone a long way to ensuring we can continue doing what we love to do over here, what you guys love to see us doing. Hey, why not join the party if you haven't already. It really goes a long way. We see the people who have joined us. We want to keep growing that. Please and thank you that once again. That's giant bomb dot com slash join gets you some extra goodies. It's twenty twenty six, so we're due for delivering a whole bunch of those, and including the new grub Snacks which is going to go up today. Check that out here in your premium feeds. Go If you want to know more about that, go to giant bomb dot com slash join and you can find all the details there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's in your premium feeds. Go eat the grub Snacks.
Speaker 1: Jam.
Speaker 3: You might have an email your thing about when we're going to North Carolina, so we can start setting that up soon too.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, cool, fun fun fun, uh gang Chuck needs help Chuck build the website. He also needs help fleshing out the wiki. If you have any experience with PHP working on wiki websites, you could help Chuck. Go to the Giant Bomb Discord. Look for the wiki street Team Discord channel. Additionally, you could go to BombCast dot com slash wiki go help him out over there, and on top of that shouts out to homies a main gear, maingear dot com slash Giant Bomb. Go buy yourself a PC, Go buy yourself a plate, Go buy all of them. If you buy all of them, I'll kiss you. So there you go. Valentine's Days coming up. You know if you don't got anyone and you know, I'll all at you. That's that's that's what's gonna happen. Uh gang I. I also, I've been on this fitness kick, right, I've been on this journey and then I thought, I started thinking, how the how do I start gamifying this? What is what is the best way to track all of this.
Speaker 3: Calories, protein and stuff.
Speaker 2: Protein like heart rate and stuff. Because I don't you want to get an Apple Watch?
Speaker 3: No, no, you don't have to do don't mess with an Excel spreasure. You don't have to do that. There are so many apps and gimmicks and stuff that make it so much easier. Apple Watches. I'm charging it right now. I just was like my Apple watch that I'm not wearing. So Apple Watch for tracking things that will track your like you know, resting energy, your active energy, things like that. Lose It is an app that you can also buffalo them because if you decline their lifetime payment premium thing a few times, they'll give you like eighty percent off for a lifetime thing. And it attracts all the macros and everything. You can just take a picture of the food, you can scan the barcode, you can do There's million different ways tracking calories and stuff like that. So lose It and an Apple Watch are the two main things I would say, what.
Speaker 2: If I don't like the look of an Apple Watch because I just don't like the square faces?
Speaker 1: All right, pixel watch for there you go, it's a round face. There you go.
Speaker 3: You like that?
Speaker 1: Grow up?
Speaker 4: I have a two? Should I get a four?
Speaker 1: I like it quite a bit. Yeah, it's you know, it takes a second to dial in, Like how many notifications I'm getting? Like, oh I don't need that notification, but you know it's two seconds to get rid of them.
Speaker 2: Jan, this is about you. I'm sorry, No, no, no, no, please. I love I round love the world of smart watches. I just haven't partaken in quite a while.
Speaker 1: The Google Watch four does have fit that built in because Google acquire phitpicks. That's that just happens now. Things get acquired and you don't even hear about it, and then you buy a product and it's like, this is that old thing you remember now?
Speaker 3: It's crazy. Who owns Pebble?
Speaker 1: Remember that company? They just watch like a little bit ago? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, last year I thought about getting one because I had a Pebble for quite a while and I loved that ship.
Speaker 1: Those are the smart watches with the eating screens sort of trying to catch up and so like the the battery would last like a week instead of or maybe even I'm on nice longer.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is? Is there not a round Apple Watch option?
Speaker 1: How dare you even ask that?
Speaker 5: You shot for that girl?
Speaker 1: Johnny I doesn't work there anymore. He'll fucking kill you for asking that question.
Speaker 4: It sounds like it. I I was helping uh Stays with her iPhone the other day, and you know, every now and then I'm like little apple curious. You know, you get that grub, you know, you're just like you know, like I I use an iPad a lot, so I'm like, I got one foot in and.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm like, I'm playing with the phone, and I'm like, sort of could I.
Speaker 4: Could I make this work? And then like I don't know how it goes by, and I'm like, oh, this is the fucking worst. I can't imagine it. You've all been suckered. You fucking she what what?
Speaker 3: What is the what is so bad about it? But as someone who's not used other phones, what is so bad?
Speaker 4: The notification logic on those things is so ancient and terrible.
Speaker 1: I turned it all off.
Speaker 4: Well then you're I don't know what to tell you. But there's just there was just like so many little quality of life things that I feel like I've taken for granted. Now, don't get me wrong, Like I I have a Pixel ten and I I kind of fucking hate it.
Speaker 1: Yea, I do, like, what's that?
Speaker 3: What phone? Do you like?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's a there's probably like a Chinese phone out there that we're not allowed to have that I would.
Speaker 2: Have you all seen the Chinese trucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm sure there's like I'm sure there's like you know, there's there. I was watching like a Marquez video and there's a there's like a really cool Android phone with like a hasslebled lens in it. I'm like, I'm sure that phone kicks ass. We'll never be able to use it here, but yeah, it's it's definitely Android though for me for sure.
Speaker 3: For sure with the notifications, that's different.
Speaker 4: Just like snooze them, decide when I want get another app that'll like completely customize them in a way that I want to have them alert on my on my phone, do whatever I want, design anything I want, any widget I make own.
Speaker 1: So it's just like it's open ended. That's that's the big difference. That's the that's all.
Speaker 2: I remember when Sony used to make phones, yeah.
Speaker 4: Experience phones, right, wasn't there like an experience phone?
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, there's there was a PSP phone right right, was there like oh word, I guess that was the dot com Yeah, dot com. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a Sony I think Rocker E one and that was the first thing to have like iTunes outside of the Apple system.
Speaker 5: There's definitely like some Triple A game from PlayStation at that time where like the main character had a Sony phone because they were pushing them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure sure, Tony Hawk were when.
Speaker 3: You pause the UI is the sidekick that.
Speaker 1: Was def jam as well a def jam? Yeah, flip open your sidekick.
Speaker 4: You know, I used to have a Windows phone. You guys ever have a Windows phone?
Speaker 1: I did, but I immediately put Android on it like it was the Android.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, that HTC it was.
Speaker 1: It's actually a pretty cool phone, especially when you put Android on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with like a PopOut keyboard, right, the whole thing.
Speaker 1: No, this one was like their early like iPhone clone, so I also relate to it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is Android a company or is it like Linux where it's just like an idea? Nobody knows.
Speaker 1: So Android is owned by Google. But but Android is open source. But Google Play their play stores not open source. Google play services are not open So if you want to release an Android phone and you want all of the stuff that really makes it sing, you got to work with Google. If you want to like make all that stuff yourself, you can just use the Android open source project and all of it is built on Linux. Dan, so you were kind of onto something, Yeah, okay, and everything in.
Speaker 4: The world is basically Android.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, well, everything's like your clicks and the kind of with Android chelled on top of it.
Speaker 4: Right, Like I feel like every you know, any product that basically has like a screen, I feel like a touchscreen in this day and age, more often than not, it's an Android.
Speaker 3: Because like my peloton, Althose stores are Android, and it's like they have built in like you can do entertainment runs where it's like, okay, they've got Netflix, they've got YouTube TV, which is awesome. It's great for when you're just doing a run or a walk or something, but they have a specific ones like they'll put on and take off HBO and I want to watch Sopranos on there, and it's like, I know, Android, Like I know, it's just limiting. It's purposefully limiting what I can access on this thing. It's an Android tablet, right, Like, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to download HBO Max on there, right.
Speaker 1: Uh, probably, I don't know. I've never do what you're describing. Sounds very bizarre, but I bet. I bet there's people who jail break their pelotons, and then.
Speaker 3: There are and I've seen those videos and stuff, but there are risks involved with that. But I bet it's the thing where it's like they probably makes work. They probably make deals where it's like, okay, make a deal with YouTube or with netflik doing all our devices and so like they're just purposely making it so I can't you can't download apps onto it, even though yeah.
Speaker 1: It sounds like their own version of Android.
Speaker 3: Then yeah, okay, yeah, yeah that sucks. Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't want to be smirch anyone but Smirch has Has any one of y'all been a belt phone holster person?
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 1: No, I think I want like one day, like one day of my life, I might have done. I think it's when I did finally move on from the Sidekick and I tried a BlackBerry and it was like the BlackBerry with like the reduced keyboard, and I tried that for like a week and I hated it. But I put that on my belt for some reason. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I kind of don't see those people in the wild anymore either, Like, even like the was a big if.
Speaker 1: They do, I do ask them technical problems because they're almost certainly like level one like it. Guys.
Speaker 4: I t h, well, you're you're giving them a lot of credit.
Speaker 3: I don't know, did you say you're barely a belt person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I never wear belts if I don't have to. It's like a funerals wedding.
Speaker 1: And you don't even go to those.
Speaker 3: Funeral they're comfortable.
Speaker 5: Look, okay, I'll be honest, Like there's a bit of.
Speaker 1: A gut situation. Yea into my tummy.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, it digs, it digs into that, It digs into that. Yeah, but you don't ever have it writing down or anything. Pants are never like every pair of pants fits you bad as keeps it up.
Speaker 5: You've got a substantial ass, so I think, ye, yes, keeps it up.
Speaker 2: Man, I want to that's a good podcast title. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're welcome as anyone considered suspenders, Yes.
Speaker 4: With the tuxedo. I love wearing suspenders with a tuxedo.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but that's like part of the uniform. There's but like what about grub jeans.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not like a clamor.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? That is like the perfect job. Yes, Like the image that popped in my head is a dudent suspenders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and with like a some sort of like Newsy's cap on and he's just like out there harvesting clams.
Speaker 1: You know, like the cable knitted sweater. Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh there's jan all right with this newsy cas.
Speaker 2: I am just that person that you all just describe, all right. I went through God, I could get my suspenders. I went through a suspender phase because of twenty fourteen or twenty twenty twelve to twenty fourteen, and I like sons exactly Joseph Gordon Levitt and then doctor who for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're like turning everyday household objects into drums exact, making your way through the house like that.
Speaker 2: I was sorry, I was just looking for whimsy in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You think of cool people.
Speaker 5: I think of like the southern lawyer sweating a lot in like the you know.
Speaker 1: Just a simple Southern gentleman lawyer. Yeah yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, well it looks for me here, like you know, I don't know how you do it in a big city with all your city try stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm picturing the the dude you're you're describing. But is that guy a lawyer?
Speaker 3: Yeah well I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's lawyer, but it really is anyone in a Southern courtroom as well. The guy from at the wind that's like super religious, but like, yeah, he's the lawyer on the team. Yeah, I could.
Speaker 4: Picture his hat to for sure.
Speaker 2: So he yeah, he takes the hat off and he fans himself with it as well.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about Popeye. Okay, we no one's gonna stop you. You this is an open podcast, Mike. Yeah, we haven't more to structure yet. I felt to a Popeye like Licky Hole yesterday. How much do you Oligon or the Coked Up movie or the Nintendo video game like give us pantas point, did you, guys?
Speaker 5: I mean I did know this, but it's always interesting readboard. You know that Popeye was the original urcle that.
Speaker 3: Was what does that mean?
Speaker 5: There was a comic strip and like the nineteen toys A thirty exactly what he means sentence. It's called Theater and it was about like these other people including a guy named Castor Oil and his sister Olive Oil and all of Oil boyfriend, not pop By, just some guy and they were just having their own adventures until one day Castor Oil and all of Oil's boyfriend had to hire a sailor. So they found some guy, the Popeye, and then that guy became so popular that the strip professors became called by they got rid of his other characters. Okay, the original Popeye is clearly Jesus. You had the Torah and then he became super popular and they have the whole spin off.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go.
Speaker 2: The red threads that I'm connecting, is that is Mike Manati our arcle? Oh yes, okay, yeah, that's a pretty good She's gonna have his breakfast cereal in the merchant.
Speaker 3: No it's Kodos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right right, Mike, can you hit me with a Laura Ala just in your normal voice?
Speaker 1: Don't don't do me doing? You do yourself?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: What we just say the name Laura, just like you're calling out for someone named Laura.
Speaker 5: Laura. All Right, you're disappointed?
Speaker 3: What can you do?
Speaker 1: Laura?
Speaker 3: Like that?
Speaker 5: What's thees? Is that what you want to do?
Speaker 4: But what's the arkle angle to Popeye?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 5: Because it's not originally a part of Family Matters. He was not a cast member. He showed up in one episode. He's supposed to do like a one bit as the wacky neighbor. That that's all they cared about was urkles in the show that just came about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't realize that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's your rkle Popeye netion there, it's it's been going on for for decades.
Speaker 2: I was a big, beautiful kid.
Speaker 3: I had the draw string you know, puppet thing or whatever.
Speaker 2: Speaking about suspenders, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Had it.
Speaker 3: I think Manati now needs a stuff on.
Speaker 1: I mean that's that same any game like gaming event where people recognize him, he immediately comes very smooth and slick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I get. I get slip into that whenever you want, baby, not this early in the morning and not after half a burrito.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 3: It was an incredibly visual We hopped into this call because he was just trying to house this burrito in five minutes, this giant burrito, and his glasses were completely fogged up. So we just looked completely insane.
Speaker 1: Wait, why were you fun?
Speaker 5: I just cut out of the shower, so I was still kind of steaming, just.
Speaker 3: Trying to quickly eat a giant Bhis.
Speaker 1: Is all very familiar to me. This sounds like my life, Like I get.
Speaker 5: It, you get it, you get it, you get I can't be Some people are mad about the belt thing by like, oh you got a a belt. Well, I don't.
Speaker 1: You all can't say ship. If you want to go yell at that guy on social media that's like the fashion guy and get him to scold Mike, then we'll take it. But otherwise everyone.
Speaker 5: Else has during any tucked in shirts. No one can tell if I'm wearing a belt or not.
Speaker 3: It's not about the visuals though, it's about the utility.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's not what people that's not what the people are yelling.
Speaker 3: I guess if you got the butt situation helping me out, then maybe you're fine.
Speaker 5: My pants have never fallen off. No one has ever seen my underwear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one.
Speaker 4: No one lifts their pants like shrug down to the but where they fall down a sun But but I do, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So they're upset more about the presentation, which I'll I'll get on board. Like if you're wearing a tucked in shirt and no belt, you look insane. Yeah, but I don't talk my shirts if you don't funerals and then yeah, I got a belt.
Speaker 5: Yes, I will wear belts if I'm trying to look nice.
Speaker 1: YEA saying I'm not gonna wear Sure, he's not kle guys.
Speaker 5: Come on, look at my fucking life everyone. I got the Capcom sign. Here all my video games from when I was twelve. There's figment on a calendar. I'm here. I don't need to wear a belt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes the tracks.
Speaker 5: Okay, right, here's the burrito. It's still in tinfoil. I'm gonna do that later.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do that right. Belt wouldn't be dead in that house, Okay.
Speaker 2: I I guess let's talk about video games now.
Speaker 4: Got a belt sponsorship belts?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah, that was a joggers thing. Like, I'm a belt guy with jeans, but you're wearing joggers. You don't need that, right they have?
Speaker 1: They have an elastic band.
Speaker 5: I don't think go ahead, I don't know if you sorry.
Speaker 1: There He's go ahead, and Mike's like, well, jam was trying to talk, but he did say go ahead.
Speaker 2: If Mike Manatti is the ercle, who is the Carl Winslow to his Mike Manatti?
Speaker 3: Right, I mean the history of job I feel like Vinnie has real Carl Winsley.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, in the history. Yes, he's the most Winslow of us. All.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, sure, sure, okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: What's that what's that actor's name? I wanted to say, Jean Johns, Reginald Reginald L. Johnson.
Speaker 2: All right, Yes, there's a very good key and Peel sketch talking about Carl Winslow and Steve Rkle. Speaking about Steve Rkle arguably one of the smartest characters in sitcoms. I'll say, just like Jeff Grubb and I are the smartest companions to be playing Miss three Exile with right.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to bring this up because during Monday Mornings Missed with Mitch yesterday we completed maybe the greatest video game puzzy of all time, or like the very beginning of this game, you counter this guy's like crazy office, and part of just all the clutter are these weird weights of evenly balanced like orbs, and it's like you see four glass orbs their equals, like what are these better looking orbs? And like, okay, well that should be important, right, And then much later you're in this weird islet you come across this giant marble machine and some contraption where you're trying to get the marble to go across this balanced tube and you see one of the counterweights, and then you could see where you could uplift the other counterweights, Like, okay, so something's going on here in this whole thing where there's components to weigh the counterweight that you can make it based off of apes, so you can put in like one of the apes can be made of wood, when the aps can be out of metal or glass. Okay, And you're looking at the other counterweight and you can kind of.
Speaker 1: See what's made out of but.
Speaker 5: If you you can see it from other angles, you can actually oh, one of the ace is actually glass. And it's this whole thing and then suddenly you're like, oh, the beginning of the game where there.
Speaker 1: Are these ways.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: We sort of been taking notes.
Speaker 5: Oh no, right, and like and then there was this incredible Eureka moment from Jeff because we thought we had the map figured out, like okay, four glass orbs equals one wood orb or something.
Speaker 1: We broke everything down into units of wood. It's like, oh, this thing is wait, it weighs eleven wood eighths and it's like and then Mike's like, well, the metals sixteen wood, so we're never gonna use those and it's like that really bothered me, and I'm sitting I'm like, he's right, that's crazy. They wouldn't build this puzzle where we don't use any of like one of these six components they're giving us. And then we're sitting there and it's it's a balanced thing. But you can move the fulcrum right, yeah, and that's like yeah. A certain point, it was like, wait, there's no way they're gonna have it. So the fulcrum's in the middle, otherwise that there would not be a way to move it left and right. So what if we move it to the left and double the and that way we can actually get to an even number and use the metal pieces. And it all just sort of fell into play.
Speaker 5: So many things started to play because at that moment I also realized the thing that my brother told me back the day was, oh, I was in physics class and I had to use something I learned in physics to beat miss three. I was like, oh my god, this is the physics moment. It was never calculus. It was this entire time. So then just this incredible moment of doing this math and like setting off the marble machine to get and then it actually working, and I just popped off so hard for that puzzle actually being complete, and then of course it's like, all right, now go to the next puzzle because the marble gets stuck somewhere else. But still, I am really licking Miss three. I think it's already my favorite of the series. It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are like having some issues with the motion because it's so previous Miss games. Up to this point, we've been playing the remix, but in the past they were slide shows, like just still images pictures. They were just pictures. Jan this one is photo spheres like panoramas, and you can look all around them, and so there's like some warping and it could feel a little bit disorienting, but I've been fined, so it's like kind of a shame that some people are getting a little bit woozy watching it. But I think as a game, this it holds up. It looks amazing. I still love when it clicks from the just pictures into one of these animated FMV sequences that uses all the game assets and stuff like that, and they're pre rendered, of course, but I just love that like subtle transition into the video clips that still holds up. It's it's got the jew.
Speaker 2: The fly throughs for the worlds when you enter a new book, I really enjoy. We've got a couple of emails appreciating Monday mornings missed with Mitch, and some of those emails have been calling for some type of cooperative series now with the three of us, but with back Lauren Dan trying to sell puzzles together.
Speaker 5: Well it'd be I mean, well that Escape Academy.
Speaker 1: What if what if it's said it was jurf dib on one controller and Dan on the other for Escape Academy too.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I don't know.
Speaker 1: To be very clear, this is up to Backlar.
Speaker 3: I just don't know.
Speaker 2: There is another first person game. I think you were dealing with Shapes or whatever that had a co op mode, not Portal two, something like Snipper Club or whatever. No, not Snipper Clips Me, no, no, no, I was just putting it out there. I could I don't remember the name of the game, but like maybe we could throw you two into it or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, he's he's played most of Portal too. Yeah, you know, I don't know how much we should be doing these, like physical challenges kind of things. I don't just feel like.
Speaker 3: I want to do a mental challenge. I want to beat him intellectually.
Speaker 1: You should, wasn't That was asking Jamie talking about popucom.
Speaker 2: No, but that's a funny name for popcom.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh, I'm not gonna try and repeat that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Brad Dura should be in Breed video games.
Speaker 1: He's great every time we get to see him. And again it's F and V so he's just like little resolution rendering and he's looking right at the camera and god, that style still rules.
Speaker 3: And I am scrolling through. Is this the MYSS yesterday where you solved the puzzle?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: My character is trying to find this moment where you beat it, And it's like everything I'm seeing on the screen is indecipherable.
Speaker 1: Looking for like a everything It is for us too when we first That's what we keep saying. It's like every time we enter a new area, it's like, oh my god, there's all these things and it's all complete nonsense and it's like.
Speaker 3: A broken globe at the pinball machine, the Diaragma.
Speaker 5: The pop off happens at about one forty uh okay okay, an hour forty two minutes is when we finally I think, start putting it together and we set the puzzle off and uh, yeah, that whole island with all of it's like Japanese pagodas in this weird Marble machine. It's uh, it's forretty cool. And it's like, you know, this game is definitely going back to that missed One style of yeah, the hub world and you have puzzles there just to access the different book slash islands, and then once you're there, it's pretty insular and you're solving all the puzzles there to basically get one thing and in this case is these symbols we're looking for, and then you go back to the hub island. Gosh, it's good.
Speaker 1: I think they're like, I just kind of want to keep doing these kinds of games with you guys forever. Like people are saying Nancy Drew games Anti Chamber. I don't think that's when you've ever played, Like, no, I don't know if Anti Chamber has co op, but it's like it's you know, yes, it's the non Euclidian sort of similar kind of game to this, where it's like you're solving puzzles, but the geometry doesn't necessarily make sense.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, my brother liked that one. That's the one with the John Delancy in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh, something I want to help one of you guys play Monkey Island. I think that'd be fun. I would love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah that yeah, yoga?
Speaker 2: Uh speaking about games like Monkey Island, Mike Benatti, you've also been playing Disco Elysium.
Speaker 5: If you guys ever felt incredibly bad and guilty for not being into a game. I was born and raised Catholic, so yes, so I was doing this whole like twenty nineteen apology tour. There was all these twenty nineteen games I hadn't played, and this was, you know, I played through like most of them, you know, the last few years, like Rezivil to remake and Sacero in the Outer Wild and Slay at Spire and this was the last one. I figured it'd be something I was into, and I was streaming it and so many people were excited for me to play this game. I was getting texts from like some friends like I'm so glad you're going to finally start this game. Band Chuck came into the chat like, Mike, this is my favorite game ever. So excited to see you play it, and like, within like twenty minutes inside my mouth, I was like, I don't want to be playing this any.
Speaker 2: I think I know why.
Speaker 1: I was like, watch, I watched you start playing, and I tune in later and we were doing something else. I'm like, I don't. Yeah, if you would have asked me before and I would have been very like like, I don't know if you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Like this now, Mike. Yeah, do you not like the game because of like the Dower tone and that every kind is just sad?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't want it to be that.
Speaker 5: I don't want to you know, flanderization, right where a person like you know, where like Flanders start as like a mildly catholic person, then you know, an aspect of a character gets amplified to the point of cartoonish. Just I don't want to be like Mike only likes something with sunshine and rainbows at all times. Right, But it's not just that Dower.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's Dower, but it's also kind of up its own ass. Yeah uh, And I I like that game a whole bunch, but it's like you have to like get on its wavelength with that tone. It's a game for people from like what's that neighborhood in Brooklyn where all the hipsters hang out Williams story, Thank you Beck. Yeah, it's for people and Williams and they deserve nice things they do, and this is for them, it's not for Mikey's.
Speaker 3: I would play literally any j RPG before I played disco Lease. Oh yeah, you would see it's get much like the worst game for me ever. Right, everything I've seen.
Speaker 1: Or heard of you would explode.
Speaker 3: Yes, did not developers go to jail or something crazy too?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, that's not weird one of them, right, But it wasn't like the people who made the game were awful people. There were people who in the studio. There were people that who studio go to jail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people that haven't checked in on Giant Bomb in like a couple of years. They just assumed the same, like didn't they all go to jail?
Speaker 1: And they were correct. I wanted to maybe.
Speaker 5: Try one more time, not on stream, because I don't know if that was part of it, because like you know, the game has a slow pace already, But then I had like the extra voice acting on that they added were even the narration as voice acted and kind of sitting there listening to us just reading it and moving all my life. I know that maybe sounds silly. I was like it made the play the pace even more glacial.
Speaker 1: Were there any sort of fun bits where like, uh, you were kind of having the narrator talk and it's like, oh, that's clever or something like that, because there's a lot of moments where it's like, oh, this sort of internal like internalization of the character's thoughts being presented as this external voice could be a lot of fun, but you have to kind of get to those moments.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like I could tell it's all good, Like the game looks great. I do think it is well written. I just I don't know. I just wasn't enjoying myself is a good question. Yes, yes, he was a lot, but like that wasn't even though I quit shortly after meeting him, that wasn't what bothered me. I get it at some of obnoxious brack kid with a you know, very very annoying voices telling me to go fuck off all the constantly.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Maybe maybe I needed more puzzles, Like I don't mind the dice rolling. Sure, right, Oh yeah, damn about it.
Speaker 1: You complained about it every time the dice. Oh, by god, you forget that you complained about it.
Speaker 3: No, I know it was in discolsium.
Speaker 1: You've talked about it before. Yes, you have said that, Yes, yeah, absolutely so.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I just I felt I felt really bad. I just I did. So I think I'm a bad person. I might try it again a little bit more on my own and see if at that pace I can kind of get on its level a bit better.
Speaker 4: Just from the outset looking at I don't know if you're I don't want to. You know, you don't like it, you don't like you're allowed to not like stuff for now, But I think you should maybe give it like another go, that's all. And then and then I don't like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think I want to give them one go again. Like this isn't that far off from all these point and click adventure games where what mostly what you do is go around and talk to people. That's what those are, and I like those a lot. I don't know if it's just you know, the tone, if it's just that I am solving some puzzles or doing something, and this one it is a lot more talking to people. That is the game basically is talking to people, and maybe they're like early on, I'm like, oh, now what does this person have to say for ten minutes?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: What does this person have to say for ten minutes? I don't know, it's just getting I was like, I kind.
Speaker 1: Of want to do something. It does pick up, yeah, I mean the things you're doing is like using your language skills that you build up over time to do more and more, and that's exciting.
Speaker 5: But what really worried me? I hope it's not the cases. I've been playing so many like frum Soft and Souls games lately, and I'm like, oh, no, am I becoming like Souls brained. I just want to be playing more action, like dodgy stuff constantly. Is that the only thing that's getting me kicks right now? Should I just be playing Lies of Pe right now?
Speaker 1: I don't want to be? I mean, why is the piece good?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: Better with the Perry Absolutely, I think I'm gonna play through. I keep saying sectory. That's the thing. The way everyone talks about it, Like Mike, you were talking about being one cool best games you've played Yes, Kala, and like it's like fuck, Like it did intimidate the hell out of me when it came out, but I think I want to do it.
Speaker 5: It did me and like the first time actually, like I was like, so tim't even playing it. I was like I don't know and dropped off. And then you kind of like push through. You get used to it and you start feeling a lot more comfortable with it, and then it becomes the best game ever. I think that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I was playing punch Out and it's like, Okay, it's so much about reflexes and enemy paths and stuff like that, and I'm fucking good at that, so I know I have it in me. So it's just a matter of like, I mean, that would probably feel really good to do that with like a modern game.
Speaker 1: So they're the very similar. Yeah, yep, punch Out, pun well, punch Out to the proto Soulsborn games. It really is.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Speaking of punch Out, Dan, you've been playing Mike Tyson's punch Out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just in between sex Euro second Story breaks, same first three letters this weekend. I just decided to beat punch Out twice and Mega Man two. Once I was just on the CRT, so I was like, what the fuck, let's just let's just play some of this on the actual AS controller and everything turns out punch out.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 3: I haven't played it really in a couple of years, and the speed run tactics from when I was doing that didn't come back. But just playing it the way I normally played it, I was able to go through and beat it twice pretty easily and still incredible. And the meg Man two fantastic. But Mike, I forgot about the part in Wiley's Castle where it's that like puzzle boss where you have to use crash Man shit to like blow up the walls, and that's really fucking stupid. I done that.
Speaker 5: Basically soft lock yourself if you get there and you don't have enough crash bombs, because it's the only thing you have to place them in the exact right order. I mean, I you know, I love Megmat two, but I'm always a Mega Man three is better person, and I do like to use that bosses. One of the reasons why Mega Man three is better. People kind of forget about how awful that boss is.
Speaker 3: Yes it is awful, but that game is still great, So Okay, that's good times. In between my secretory, we.
Speaker 2: Were just talking about Souls Born games. Is it okay if I talk about something at the end of Liza p Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, I mean, I mean I know about like the the sequel bait if that's what you mean.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, that's what I'm talking about. Yeah, okay, I is it has Wicked ruined? Returning back to Wizard of Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 5: Nah, I think Wizard of Oz is still so like I'm omni president culture that it somehow still even exists outside of the shadow of Wicked, which you know that second movie has come out that's.
Speaker 1: Already retreating a little exactly. It already feels like it happened and it's not an ongoing concern.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, uh Dan.
Speaker 2: Another game that you've been playing is Star Wars. Should I Survivor? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I grub Was it you that was telling me that you started playing it again recently?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, Now that was the thinking that I might actually start streaming, so I did put a pause on it. I was gonna stream this game, but I'm I'll be curious to hear how you're feeling about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really good and like it. You know, I think it came out of the time when there were like issues with it on PC and I like I started up and the beginning.
Speaker 1: We went to like Summer Game Fest as well, like right after it came out, and it like then we came back and there was a bunch of other games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing is like there were problems with it at launch. I didn't love the very beginning of it, and there was just a bunch of other shit going on, so I just never came back to it. So like now it's perfect. There's not a lot coming out. It runs awesome on PC now really just like man, just the actual like running around of that game feels great. Just you start, you know, you're double jumping, you're grappling around your wall, running the lightsaber. Stuff feels amazing, Like you're jumping off of a wall, run and like deflecting a blaster shot with the lightsaber and just everything just feels very cool. It is almost like like a from Light where it's like I'm not beating myself up trying to you know, progress in this game. It's a I'm playing on defaul difficulty. It's pretty smooth. You just playing through, but you feel very cool, like all the peries and everything and just the visuals in the audio and everything are so just top top tier with Respawn, like they killed it and really really loved it. I'm several hours in now, I'm at the second kind of like big area and definitely definitely enjoying any glad. I went back to it.
Speaker 1: I trying to remember that check came out. Oh, Janet's worth it. Yeah?
Speaker 2: What year was that?
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty three?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm thinking of something else.
Speaker 2: The sequel.
Speaker 3: Oh you're thinking of Outlaws maybe? What was? No, I'm thinking of something way older.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well then Force Unleashed.
Speaker 3: No, what was there?
Speaker 4: Was like a third person lightsaber game Outleashed?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Unleashed with Star.
Speaker 3: Two the four Jedi Caliber four.
Speaker 5: Oh you think about Jedi Knight from the nineties.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, no, maybe Jedi Academy.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, that would be Star Wars Dark Forces for Jedi ninety three, Jedi Outcasts two, Jedi Academy.
Speaker 3: What what did you say?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't like Star Wars anymore? What?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, honestly I think it was Jedi Academy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jedi Kita is great. Yeah, yeah that that Jedi cat is technically the fourth Dark Forces game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the last piece of Star Wars fiction that I interacted with two thousand and three Jedi col.
Speaker 1: And Jedi Again. After you hear the full title, you should like Star Wars more. That's the kind of dumb shit that actually rules, because.
Speaker 2: That sounds like U two thousands pop punk emo song title is why?
Speaker 1: Okay, never mind, You're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Panic at the disco or something.
Speaker 3: It was like just two bands doing that.
Speaker 4: But I but your point.
Speaker 5: Is taking yes, yeah, yeah, maybe Grogu and the Mandalorian or the Mandalorian and grogw will be good.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna save everything.
Speaker 2: It's I don't think so is that a game.
Speaker 1: Or a show. It's a movie.
Speaker 5: The Bobcat guy from that cartoons in it.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Okay, I know what you mean. You know that's based on the original, like Ralph McCory designed for Chewbacca.
Speaker 5: I do know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't that fun? That's like the cool stuff about that. Yeah, cool grub.
Speaker 2: I don't think you should stream Jedi Star Wars Jedi Survivor. I want you to stream the Avatar game.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about that too, Yeah, because they're the new update for that.
Speaker 3: In full gimmick.
Speaker 1: Oh Dan, I literally thought about having blue paint and playing the game.
Speaker 5: Yes, carry out crowd.
Speaker 3: Get a blue light.
Speaker 1: Jesus uh.
Speaker 2: Keeping on the Star Wars train, Jeff Greb, you've been playing Star Wars Genesis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, does anyone know what this is?
Speaker 5: Jesus star trek thing. They can't take that from us.
Speaker 1: It's all this is a full conversion mod for Starfield. This you go to the website and they give you like a little installer and it's great. God, I love Matyrs. The instructions are like, if you skip this step, it's not gonna work, and I'm not gonna help you. You guys are the best. And there's a bunch of stuff like that. It's like, don't skip this. If you do, know do you're not gonna be able to save on controller. I'm like, well, that's crazy. But the reason so it's weird like that is it's a little installer that installs like one hundred and fifty different mods to turn this into a completely it's a complete Star Wars game. Now, they rework the main story of Starfield to be about Star Wars stuff. There's a whole other campaign about working with the Rebel Alliance. You could just go play the game though, on your own, separate from any of these campaigns, and you can inter interact with the Imperials and they have some stuff to hire you to do, and there's bounty hunters and there's a bounty hunting system. It is. It made Starfield kind of fun. Like it's pretty cool. It I don't know, it looks a little bit messy because they'll introduce a bunch of like Star Wars geometry and so like there's like these rounded doors and now some of the NPCs are like walking up on the sides of these like rounded ramps because they don't know to walk around it because it's a but broken aspathes the game underneath crazy. But it's it's like, oh my god, that's this is like still the nice thing about being star a Star Wars fan is sure EA can't figure it out. They flubbed the license for ten to fifteen years, but there is enough excitement in the community still where they'll just continue to do it themselves like they have always been. There's always been Star Wars conversion mods. They've always been the most robust total conversion mods cool and this is like maybe the prime example of that. So I was playing it this morning for about an hour and a half and I'm like kind of mostly doing the converted main campaign and it's okay. But even like the people who are like doing it, like we wrote this and we did kind of a bad job on it, you should just go get into the rest of the galaxy. So I think that's gonna be my plan going forward. I have my own Star Wars spaceship and it's I don't know it. It's really well done and a cool way to maybe play this game.
Speaker 2: Really like a little quick look for this.
Speaker 1: Grund'm yes, I think so. So I'm gonna be playing a bit more of it, kind of have something instead saying, then let's set up a quick look. That'll be fun.
Speaker 4: It looks some of those Yeah, go ahead, Mikey.
Speaker 5: It looks really cool, but like you still have to play Starfield. So I don't know, yeah, sort of right, but it's like, yeah, you're not wrong.
Speaker 1: There's the bad parts about it? Are this are the Starfield parts? Also? Yes, I think that they're uh, I think they did use like AI to replace the main actors voices with things that sound like Star Wars stuff. Am I'm like trying to keep I'm like listening. I'm like, oh, that's just that actor and they must have taken her voice and built a tool to replace it and make her say the Imperials instead of whatever she said originally. The rest of the line is from the original game, and it's like they kind of just splice this stuff in, and it's.
Speaker 4: Like interesting because everyone in Star Wars does sound like they're AI people anyway exactly.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, if I could take that stuff out, I would, but I'm not going to not play this just because it's like no one's making money on this thing. And it's yeah, I don't know. It's not like a business that's happened here and trying to use AI. It's people trying to like make their ideal Star Wars thing and whatever I.
Speaker 4: Was I was talking about a little bit of a departure here. The Have you guys seen some of the cyberpunk mods that are out there? Some of these are like freaking me out. Now, I get We're seeing like there's this one super ultra photorealistic mod that I saw the other day that basically made the game look like some retro future like thing shot in the eighties. Like it was like a real world sort of filter layered over it. I kind of couldn't believe it. There's a lot of really cool, like glitchy VHS sort of filters out there too. I don't this, I don't know. I feel like that's like my most interest in this game is coming from the mod sort of stuff that I'm seeing online, where like I don't know, every now and then, like a game becomes the sort of testing ground for a lot of that stuff, and I think Punk is slotting into that in a really cool way. Uh some of it is, Oh man, I got I don't I don't have it installed on this computer, but I got to figure out if I could just play around with that photo realistic thing.
Speaker 1: Who knows, like how complicated, and so now you know it's probably not. I mean, there was the photo realistic stuff for Grand Theft alloo, and I did that a couple of times, and yeah, like, oh that's amazing. I bet that stuff's even better. Now, let's let's let mess around with that. That could be fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really cool stuff and I'm also assuming like they really kind of cherry picked the b roll for that and the way they Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking about making a game look completely different, Mike Manatti, you have checked out the demo for Dragon Quest seven Reimagined.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I have played. Uh, I think most of that demo a couple hours into it. Really interested about this one because fop facy or facy Dragon Quest seven sort of big legacy, I think is it's slow, especially the intro, so like you know, basically, if you're playing that PS one version, it's like three or four hours of kind of walking around this island and talking to people and going back and forth between a few locations and solving some push block puzzles until you get into your first fight. And then they made that three DS version several years ago and it picked up the pace, so instead of like three hours, mana, that takes two hours now, and that still feels kind of slow, even though there's comparable games like personas, they have these slow openings you don't fight much for a while, but you know, like a start of a Persona game is generally more interesting than the start of a Dragon Quest game. As much as I love Dragon Quest. It's just you know, probably true. So I was curious this time around. And the pacing is even much more improved here where first off, they actually add of fights earlier into the game, so you do at least fight something, but even then, just getting through all of that, getting to the point where you're now on an overworld you can go fight monsters and stuff is more like one hour, maybe like an hour and some change, so and like less like going back and forth to places, less tedious puzzles. They had a couple other like simple, more fun puzzles. They aren't difficult, but they're cute. Just that whole process of this Island intro.
Speaker 1: It's moving along much faster.
Speaker 5: It doesn't feel like anything has been lost in terms of like the story. We're kind of setting things up, so just smartly edited. The look of the game actually like quite a lot. I think it does look a lot better than the three DS version, which is just kind of like it was three D models. But they also like moved the camera really far in the original game was pixels, so kind of you know far up and high up there. You kind of had a good field of view the entire time. You could sort of see everything. So this with that diorama aesthetic, again, you could see a lot at all times. It doesn't feel claustrophobic like that three DS version looks sometimes looks a bit weird just because some of Dragon Quest seven's characters look we're especially the Keifer. You guys might remember him from the Tyler. He's like the blond boy with the really like.
Speaker 1: Square job the Team America.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, he's just kind of an ugly dude. He's he's a nice boy. We like him, but he just he he won't look right in any art style. He's just kind of a.
Speaker 1: I like how ugly he looks. Yeah, really do yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a prince.
Speaker 2: He yeah, he probably is a prince to someone out there.
Speaker 5: He's an actual prince of the kingdom.
Speaker 2: I also mean in terms of like affection, but going.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, yeah. There's some other just smart changes. So this game at the slow pace, it has a job system and then the normally you don't really learn about that to like, god, I'm gonna maybe rob like twenty hours in.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 5: You at least start with like a base job, so you're immediately leveling up a job and I'm sure for in the game you'll get to the monastery where you can unlock new jobs, with the fact that you start with something there that feels good. So yeah, I think it was smart to make a demo showing off the intro and your safe progress is going to carry over so people can kind of see how that beginning has been edited and change, and apparently those changes are going to be throughout the game. Just quickening up the pace of what was a one hundred hour JRPG back in a time when these things are always like thirty hours. It's an even that three D S version it was more like eighty hours, but still felt very long for what this game is, which is like a relatively straightforward but well done in fun turn based RPG. Yeah, I never felt like it needed to be as long as it was, so I think it's neat to see them approach it this way.
Speaker 2: Speaking about slow openings and JRPGs, with all the Final Fantasy talk that we've had on Games Mornings recently, I for whatever reason decided to dip back into Final Fantasy ten. Oh yeah, and let me tell y'all, the opening of that game is so goddamn slow. But it's so fucking metal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean anarchy, yeah exactly, because anarchic and everything going on there. It's all interesting and.
Speaker 1: It looks cool.
Speaker 5: There's crazy weird underwater soccer sports happening.
Speaker 3: That pre rendered opening were in there part where he like comes out of the sphere and like does that he's doing like a Baki pay like a j Styles kick, Yeah, and he's like, I remember that, just looking unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Back then, I think they were doing with Final Fantasy seven money for like the next ten years were just incredible.
Speaker 2: I think I just yeah, no, I did too. I think I forgot how much. Final Fantasy ten just feels like it is ripped from Star Wars The Phantom Menace, but with more water.
Speaker 1: It is very.
Speaker 5: Phantom Menace coated in a lot of ways in.
Speaker 2: Terms of like the aesthetics of everything, but also is or in one of the coolest mother fuckers in the world.
Speaker 5: He's yes, yeah, Court of Mchinam hearts too, and.
Speaker 4: It was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think you know, is like the poster boy for Final Fantasy but.
Speaker 1: Like thoughts thoughts, Yeah, yeah, but man Orn is just so fu sick.
Speaker 5: He's one of the all time great party members for sure.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know how much I'm gonna stick with Final Fantasy ten because I I don't know how much bandwidth I have to take on it. In older jrpg have already played through, but like just watching that opening sequence and and just going through that and like what a simpler yet too long of a time, and I just want something in the butter zone there.
Speaker 3: Who is the dopey guy that plays a waka?
Speaker 5: Yeah he's nice but racist.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I just already threw a ball like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yes, Lulu, Lulu.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a really good game.
Speaker 1: It's great, it's great.
Speaker 5: I keep hoping they make the next class in foul Facey fourteen walk inspired and call it athlete or something to somebody who kicks a ball at people. I think that would be a lot of fun. Jen, are you playing the remastered version? You know there's like some.
Speaker 2: Like there's another not just forwarding or whatever.
Speaker 5: It's the uh, it's the character models. So when they they update the character models, but the new models don't facially animate as much. A lot of people just kind of like stance there with the same face, whereas they emoted more. That's sort of the problem apparently with the remaster, which I think you sucks but could get over it and it's it's probably worth it for the convence of just being able to play it on whatever and have an HD. But a bit of a bummer that that is an issue.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm really really tempted to check out Final Fantasy thirteen. That that's when I skipped back in the day.
Speaker 1: I think I think you hold on a little bit. It feels like they're it feels like they're gearing up to do something fun.
Speaker 5: They got to remaster that and release it as a trilogy eventually. Yeah, yeah, as long as you're okay with the charac just in story not being that great.
Speaker 1: Thirteen it's fantastic.
Speaker 5: Or like the level design, the combat in the graphics and the music though all fantastic.
Speaker 3: Why does that guy have a burden his hair?
Speaker 5: Oh that's a little Chokoba that lives in there. It's you know, well because he did chuk about a said he lives there. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: That's cool?
Speaker 2: Well, going from talking about Final Fantasy thirteen, which some people consider a bad one, to an amazing one, Mike Minatti, you have finished Final Fantasy Tactics the Evilies Chronicles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is the opposite of my Discolyesium shame, where I feel so good about finally playing through this game. I've been a big Final Fantasy fan for a long time, and I've always kind of felt like a bit of a phony because I had never really played much of any version of Tactics. I think I was back when it was newer. I was intimidated by it. They even when like the PSP remake came out, I just didn't get to it. Even this one I didn't get to right away. So finally played through all that, and yeah, everyone was right. This game is freaking fantastic. The story is uh gosh, it takes itself so seriously that I just respect the hell out of it for that. Even you know, compared to other fun fantasies, even the darker Final Fantasies, they will still like have jokes or really silly sequences. This game is as like serious as serious can be. The entire time. You are not allowed to smile, You are not allowed to crack a joke. Everything sucks. Everyone's visible and they will probably not have a happy ending, and you're just gonna deal with that. I'm like, Wow, that's pretty bold for like nineteen ninety seven or whatever when this game yeah came out. And also like not an easy game, even like this remaster, this remake, which I imagined probably smoothed things out in some places, Plenty of fights even when I was grinding that were still plenty difficult. Maybe part of my problem was that I wasn't adding in the or characters to my party because I was like, nah, I got these this crew of no names that I've been building up. Get out of here, Orlando, I don't care that you're overpowered. Also like that there's a guy named Orlando, but they spell it slightly fancier. But all I can think about was Epcot the entire time.
Speaker 1: Jones. No, oh, I think it's Orlando Bloom Wow, Okay.
Speaker 5: I think Orlando Jones saying about Disney World, believe it or not. But you know there's the Wee Graft fight that's famous where it's like suddenly a one on one duel where he's just stronger than you, so good luck. And then uh, like towards the end, the glass fight is challenging, but slightly before that, you get to fight some guy and there's this chasm and he has like a dozen flying monsters that can all basically one shot your people, And I'm like, how am I supposed to do this? And it was the most just running around spamming phoenix downs, just kind of barely inching my way closer towards victory over like thirty minutes and finally getting there, and it felt so good when I did. You know, this has a job system also, and I just love that stuff and like messing around getting certain abilities and equipping them here and finally settling on like my final crew. I'm like, okay, I've got got a ninja, I got a dragoon, I got a summoner and dragoons. Yeah. Yeah, you have to have a chemist because they can throw phoenix downs and high potions all over the place. Summoner was really strong for me towards the end. Like my strategy for a lot of it towards the end was get my summoner in there and hope that they cast Bahama or whatever, and that'll that'll get me started.
Speaker 2: That can work with that they'll preemptively drop a magic nuke that's just bahamat. Yeah, I really hope that with the success that Evili's Chronicles has had, that perhaps they will look at remastering at Tactics Advance and Tactics Advanced too.
Speaker 1: I just take a collection that's kind of updated, that'd be great.
Speaker 5: That'd be awesome that even if they just put it, I mean, if they just put Advance on s O, that would be.
Speaker 2: Mike, did you check out Advance in the past?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I played Advanced act like I'm going to finish it. But yeah, like I'm totally very different game right, but gameplay wise, uh, still fantastic as well. I'm curious what the futurists are because this this remake here has done well. It's sold over a million copies, which is almost which is you know, great for for what this is. There's got to be some kind of future for Tactics. I don't know if they're going to be as bold as to make a new game. Yeah, maybe, especially you can get Matsuno back into the fold, that would be incredible. But yeah, I can't imagine this is the last we see of Tactics.
Speaker 2: I uh fell into a hole with Tactics A couple of years ago. There used to be a PvP mode where people would just go fight against each other in squads in Final Fantasy Tactics uh. And then there was a Twitch channel that just automated it, so just be two teams just fighting each other of just square odds that were super like leveled up. It was really fun and entertaining. I gotta gonna find what that was called.
Speaker 5: Forgot Jen, have you ever played Tactics Ogre, because like that one got remade Tactics soger Reborn that was like theo is a Tactics team's game before this basically never, I don't.
Speaker 2: I've never checked out Tactics Ogre. I think the only other like older Tactics game of that ILK I checked out was like Front Mission, and I really liked that.
Speaker 5: Right Front Mission three is supposed to be the good one of those, and that one I think is getting remade, so maybe I'll check that out at some point. I might, Like I'm a little exhausted like Tactics is. It's a lot like kind of emotionally and you know, just even mentally, so I'm definitely not looking to jump right into another one here.
Speaker 1: So similar with the Shining Force games to these Tactics games.
Speaker 5: Similar, I think they kind of remind me even more fire on them. I think like the Shining Force two is the one day and that one I think is just on NS. So so if you were curious, you could play Strending Force y too.
Speaker 1: It's a really good greame.
Speaker 5: I don't think the translation is very good unfortunately, so you're kind of stuck with like that. You know, nineties era bare bones not great translating style right that we used to get for sixteen bit RPGs.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot there well, going from a very serious game all the way through to a game that is just the lighthearted romp Big Hops, you guys talked a little bit about it last week. We have a review on the website that our own Chuck wrote. Go check that out on the new website that Chuck built.
Speaker 4: Got nothing else going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't have to do that. He just did that. We didn't tell him to. But Big Hops, I don't have much more to say about it than what y'all had to mention earlier. But I just really like having a three D platformer that is like low stakes to just hop and bop around. My one critique about the game, I wish I could use the time more. I want to be just slanging all over the place.
Speaker 4: Buddy, come on, right, what is this? Is this dib worthy? What do you think?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ye, dude would love this. Yeah, if he liked Mario O to see, he would dig the crap out of this.
Speaker 3: Very good. But this this.
Speaker 2: Brings me to my point that I wanted to bring up, is that I think frogs are the best video game characters.
Speaker 5: They're great Frog a frog, Yeah from Credit I thought he was. He's very range coded speaking of by the way, Yeah, he's got an incredible theme song, God Frog's theme. I think that was my first I could have a custom ring tone. I think my first custom ring tone ever was frog Steed from Grit Weird Man.
Speaker 1: Was crazy Frog.
Speaker 2: So also, you know, not the best frog, but a good frog, crazy Frog. Yeah, oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: The frog's name in Skate Story, Oh it was just rib it.
Speaker 2: No, it was something of I might be getting confused with the frog from Hades too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I used him a lot because he just gave another death defiance, right, I think, And that helps, especially early on when you're just trying to kind of get through runs, Like yeah, absolutely, I need that.
Speaker 2: There's like a little frog freak in one of the Star Star Wars Jedi games.
Speaker 3: Survivor has that week I met him yet, Yeah, yeah, something like that. He's great slippy slippy Damn people like I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna ask people like slippy.
Speaker 5: I think he's annoying.
Speaker 3: It's a nice guy who flies the ship.
Speaker 2: I've never checked out the Star Fox games. So yeah, how is Slippy in y'all's opinion?
Speaker 3: Him a little bit like? Okay, but Falco is the asshole. Uh, Peppy is the wise old hair and he's like, you know, your little cousin that you got to protect.
Speaker 2: But he slippy like Tails coded yes, yes, I guess, yeah, okay, okay, a little more can handle himself a little better than Tales.
Speaker 5: Is definitely more competent, can actually pilot.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Tails is like the Donatello that Sonic needs.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, well like tails like flies.
Speaker 2: The stuff he makes.
Speaker 4: Tails is completely capable. You don't need to put tails seatbelt on for him in the way you probably have to for Slippy.
Speaker 5: Do the s slippy, But I think that's slippier.
Speaker 2: Is that God?
Speaker 3: But this says that these are all.
Speaker 2: We need to turn this.
Speaker 1: I love st voices.
Speaker 3: We need to move past that.
Speaker 5: Just sixty four voicelides are all good.
Speaker 3: Like kid, they're also really good star fucks.
Speaker 2: If I never played those games, should I go back and check them out?
Speaker 3: I mean, Starbucks sixty four is still amazing. Sixty four is incredible. I think with S and E S one it wouldn't be necessarily fun to play now for the first time. But you need to put yourself in the perspective of like a kid who's never seen three D anything and suddenly the super FX chip change everything, and like, yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: Harder to do for people, you know, it's just sort of like mind shift themselves.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You gotta be there.
Speaker 5: You're in the crowd and the train is coming right the screen and you're scared for your life.
Speaker 1: I know, I know.
Speaker 4: It's like showing a caveman a lighter. I get it. It's not that easy, you know. I thought I was gonna be able to show my kid like all this eight big glory, and he's just sort of like this, shiit sucks.
Speaker 1: That's why I can't have kids. I did not try to show my kids, and they got interested in all the sea.
Speaker 5: You gotta let them find themselves like.
Speaker 3: Drug gets old.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know that's a good idea.
Speaker 3: Your kids should beat Tyson before they can play that Star Fox.
Speaker 5: Enemy is My enemy?
Speaker 2: Was that three D adventure Star Fucks game? Neat weird?
Speaker 1: It's not great. I never couldn't get into it, but I always think I can remember it's a Zelda clone the other game cube.
Speaker 5: When Star Fox Assault is vastly underrated. That one, I guess it is actually pretty fun.
Speaker 1: I jan, I think you could like Star Fucks Adventures. I want to say that that's not a character flaw. I think there's something in there that you could like.
Speaker 2: I know what you're saying with this. Yeah, I know what you're saying with this.
Speaker 1: Trick. No one like no no no, I'm not saying no no separate from that, although that won't.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna my Google search is gonna be weird after this. Well going. Uh. We were just talking about space ships to another ship, and boy, have y'all sailed on this ship for quite a while now, Jang Sector, that ship.
Speaker 3: Is the Redeemer, only we don't even look the other ships.
Speaker 4: Ask me this about Sectory. I feel like I'm only playing this game because of you guys talking about it in the way you I can tell you know, I enjoyed. I play probably one percent of the time you guys play.
Speaker 3: Right, I can tell you have not seriously played it because you said you just buy all shields first, and that's the craziest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I kind of try a different roll out every every run. I kind of just like experiment a lot like that used to be my go to, and now like the first thing I do is speed, and then I get like one or two speeds in before the first bosses.
Speaker 3: But then it's like blaster missile. I think before the first boss, I want to have one blaster, one missile and almost all speed before I sure want to have that full speed is important. And then I'm finding on challenging difficulty that blaster is more important than it was on experience difficulty and less effect.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What I was getting at though, was like because of the sort of like, uh, you know, the weighted opinion that we have on this thing, I don't know, like are people playing this game outside of our little circle.
Speaker 5: Like because I mean some people, but like on Steam it only has like eight hundred reviews or something, which.
Speaker 3: Is well, okay, it's funny because it's like everyone I know is obsessed with it, like Bonk and I will just sit there and just play each on our seam deck for hours and hours. Now I've got seventy hours in this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna ask you actually go check Steam and tell us, tell us your our count. My hour count is fifty nine point three hours?
Speaker 4: Is what?
Speaker 3: Oh god, it's weirdly split between because I'm playing on different devices, so it's like I see it update in weird ways. But I believe I saw it like fifty eight last time I played on my Steam.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I played this yesterday for Mega Man and definitely was having a good time. I don't know if anyone ever mentioned to me, or maybe I forgot that it's it's it's very gratious. It has the grattiest upgrade.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, that's the first Yeah. Yeah. When we first talked about it, it was like it's the greatest upgrade system and then.
Speaker 5: And it's like yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, I do like that. And I was definitely it helped when people told me get more speed right away, because that first boss without speed is u is a bit of a bear.
Speaker 3: It's hard to lose. All my lives is bosses. I'll have the best run ever and I'll get to one of those shithead bosses, like those big circular ones around the edge and three times.
Speaker 2: Do you like the bosses? No?
Speaker 3: Terrified every time.
Speaker 1: When I when I know hit them, it's the best fucking ship in the world. Yeah, absolutely, no, It changed when I beat them without getting hit.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, the snake is the easiest one for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've come around on the cylinder one because if I have enough speed, which I almost always do now at this point, the patterns are pretty easy to predict.
Speaker 3: So the one I can't do, there's a couple. There's the one where it's like the spokes that go around that one fucking sucks, and there's the one with the big ring and then the ring in between and it all kind of If I.
Speaker 1: Can get those early, that's like, oh hell yeah, they get There's different versions of versions of them depending on what phase you meet the man. So if you get them in phase one, they're much easier than like phase four yea, and there it's like, oh god, I got it. Just kind of get lucky.
Speaker 3: Here a lot, and I just saw something I've never seen before, Like I got farther and challenging than I've ever gotten and like a boss had a completely other mode where it just turned into like this nucleus of energy.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just had that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's first time I've seen that. And it's like Jesus Christ, this game is so fucking hard, but it's so good.
Speaker 4: If you pull that one with the late with the laser beams with the other you know, the grid laser beams, like the alternating rotation stuff, if you pull that one first, like, I'm so fucked on.
Speaker 1: So here, here's like some like tips for that is, immediately shoot one of the targets and then it gives you a line to the next target and hopefully you're close enough that you could just kind of aim at that line and then you could focus on your ship and only pay attention to the projectiles. It's like, oh, I could just even if it's off screen, I'm probably gonna be able to hit this thing. Now, sometimes you don't have the range to hit it, and.
Speaker 3: The missiles help to Now this helps a lot with that. So there is the line, but there's an accessibility option that gives you a line from your ship that helps you line up your strikes, and you can short or long. So what you can do is on the boss you can just look at your ship and just put the yellow line and then put your like you can change the color of the line that points where your ship is pointing and just overlap it. And as long as those are overlapped, you look at your ship. There's accessibility options that are like pretty solid. There's one where it makes the red more obvious. It kind of pops more. Yeah, like the danger zones and stuff like that, So tweak the accessibility stuff. I've turned the music off. I just can't have any more.
Speaker 1: I that's not reals don't count anymore. I have the music.
Speaker 4: I enjoy the path to the boss way more bosses, way more more than the bosses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yeah, and the bosses are a lot for sure. That is the most dangerous part. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was, God, I was definitely getting it. I was having a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: It's it is.
Speaker 5: It is mentally exhausting. Like twice I almost finished a run. I think I think I was on the final boss and like the last time, I was so max it was literally just like okay, it was like to transition to the boss and I just turned my brain off for a second and then accidentally stayed in the red area where like the level, Like.
Speaker 1: That's happened to me, But oh, I can't let my guard down for us, that's an instant kill for people listening to this conversation wondering why that's so bad. No matter how many shields you have, you get caught in the red It's an instant.
Speaker 5: But like you know so much, keep it's fun, keep you traveling, like okay, like okay, if the letters show up, I need to make sure I get an M or or an I. You know, there's a power up there, But should I wait for my strike to reload so I can like strike into it and get another strike right away, which upgrades? Like yeah, it's it's there's a lot to keep on.
Speaker 1: All that, all that fun, all that like keeps getting deeper as you began linking all these systems together. It's like, yeah, that's like the early part of it. But eventually it's like you're gonna always be striking, You're always gonna be leaking these things together. I've had runs where for the entire first two bosses, I basically had a strike link chain going the entire time. I might have lost it once because it's by the time I was doing that second boss, I was at like seven million, and it's like, okay, I think I'm onto something here, And of course I immediately fussed up after that.
Speaker 3: So I am nipping at the heels of Grub and I very much want to make that happen because he's a like ten million. I'm at like nine million, seven hundred thousand. And did you I just remembered I was talking to Mary Kish last night. She said she started playing. Did you send her like a Steam message or something, just saying like you'll never get to ten million?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: And here let me see. I did get a message from her back, Fuck you Grub, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, So where we're coming after you? Yeah? I love this. This is my favorite kind of gaming. It's leaderboard chasing and having again. Like the one big problem is that the runs that we're doing on this mode are a half an hour to like really set a score. Now, we could have all collectively decided to play one of the shorter modes. There's modes where it's like it's probably ten minutes, but for like for I mean it's this is probably the best way to play it. But like the Gates mode is great, that's just a passivism from Geometry Wars. Could have just done that and that's like ten minutes to get a really good score in there. But I'm doing these runs and every time I just can't stop playing. I'll do like three to four back to back, and it's taken up all my time and it's like at this point again sunk cost fallacy. I've played so much, I've got so much practice. I do have like a really good sort of grasp on how I'm linking all these strikes together at this point to the point where it's like I'm not even I'm not thinking anymore. That's kind of where I want to be with games like this.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it makes this addiction so much more potent than other games. Is that like this is a great steam Deck game, but it is the worst, like Steam Deck with something on in the background things, because I would love playing games on steam Deck and like that's how I was watching a lot of the Moral Combat Legacy collection documentary stuff or shows in the background where it's like all right, yea, I'm looking up everyone saying okay, cool. You can't do that with sectories. So when I'm playing SECTORI, I am just staring at the screen. Yeah, music's off, nothing in the no podcast, no shows. I am just Sectorian for like hours and hours, and I feel insane when I'm done, and it's good. Six I swear Saturday it was like six hours of me just like in a sectory hole.
Speaker 1: Oh my heart.
Speaker 3: My eyes were like, yeah, it used to be like a warning label on this game.
Speaker 1: I think I know it's it's really net because I'll be playing on the steam Deck so much that it's like it's great because the screen and the sticks are right next to each other. So I sort of begin like building to my mind a mental map of like the stick goes in this direction, it's going to shoot in that direction. And I'll come play on the computer and I'll be holding the controller on my lap and it feels a little bit off. So if I just kind of hold the controller up a little bit so it's on the same level as the monitor, it's like, oh, it's because I've been playing on the steam Deck for tens of hours and I'm so you to that. I kind of have to like level these things out so I can have that cardinal direction again. It's yeah, it's it's building neuro neural pathways my brain that are becoming permanent, I think, hopefully for the better, right, Like who gives a ship.
Speaker 2: There's there's the underground pipes going on in your brains now, huh all right, gang, well that that is uh the video games. We're gonna go take a quick bricky break and we will be back with some news right after this.
Speaker 4: Back like you had something, Oh yeah, were you're talking about the Mortal Kombat thing Dan before we broke the documentary the documentary. Yeah, So in the last couple of weeks, I've been on and off watching that in bed with my wife because I'm romantic. I'm a romantic guy. Last night, we're watching the part where they like put the game into arcades, you know, like secretly.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 4: I'm like it's like twelve thirty and she like leans over to me, she goes, you know, it's weird. I always thought the name of this game was Mortal Comeback. And I was like what, She's like, Yeah, I used to think it was Mortal Comeback.
Speaker 3: You think how long did she think this? That's what I said, Dan, I said, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: The title shows up when you start the game.
Speaker 2: There is a song where someone yells combat.
Speaker 3: It's like one of those smoking out loud game titles of all time.
Speaker 1: So people aren't coming back. There's there's combat though, happening in the game quite frequently.
Speaker 4: Well, like we we had a pause because we were laughing for thirty seconds just because of how insane of a statement that was.
Speaker 5: It was a movie, it wasn't this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, this before all.
Speaker 4: This is like when it came out like the mid early nineties, ninety ninety three, right, or it's like what was it on, like S and E, S and Genesis probably Yeah, okay, so we're like little kids. We're like old ten eleven years old. We're like Dibb's age, so you know, yeah, we can't read that age.
Speaker 3: So I understand why she couldn't read the marquis.
Speaker 4: Which tracks right, which tracks Mortal Comeback?
Speaker 1: Why would it be you still think it was with a K. That is a great question, Like, yeah, okay, get the answer to that.
Speaker 4: That yeah, okay, Well i'll let you know tomorrow. When I'm not sleeping in the garage.
Speaker 1: Careful, break a plate, kid, it's cold. Yeah, I have news, but my understanding is Jan you have a news story first, please hit me with it.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, Gang. Just like y'all have been on Sectory Scout, please, I have continued to partake in maybe too much more Rivals. And they just dropped a new character early, a new new character trailer reveal, and it's Dan's favorite Marvel character, Deadpool of course. Yeah, but here's the fucked up thing. Yeah, you're so good at that, Dan, Wow, Rafelcopter Dog.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: But there are three characters in or not three characters, three classes in Marvel Rivals, the Tank, the DPS, and then the support and somehow Deadpool is all three of them. Oh so, uh, you choose whether or not you want a healer Deadpool, a DPS Deadpool, or a tank Deadpool. And I watched the trailer while we were on break. He looks absolutely insane and it's gonna break the game parentheses positive proak and.
Speaker 1: I like have all those Deadpool characters from that last move, I mean obviously from the comics, but like all the variations of Deadpools, like skins all. They're gonna make a lot of money. I like death. Yeah, he's almost Disney.
Speaker 4: He's the well they're all Disney, but he is. Uh yeah, that sounds right. I mean that pinball game is phenomenal.
Speaker 3: I'll just say it.
Speaker 4: Sure, it's one of the best. It's Nolan North doing it.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty good job.
Speaker 4: It's inoffensive for the most part.
Speaker 3: It's Mike.
Speaker 5: I kind of want of Marris. That's been a moment.
Speaker 2: Don't need to tell me twice, baby, Yeah, people have.
Speaker 1: I've been. It's been showing up in my algorithm when I'm not asking for it, and it's like, yeah, this game is getting really good right now. I'm like, jan keeps saying that, so maybe we should check it out. I guess since we're talking about Deadpool, let's hit this story that I just saw before we started doing this. In the last hour, it sounds like Facebook has shut down a couple of studios, including that uh twisted pixel which goes back a long way explosion man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they acquired them in the last a while ago. I think they acquired him in twenty twenty one, and they last made Marvel's Deadpool VR for the Medquest three and like just came out. Yes, So it's like sounds like one of you know, I'm listening. He's always making great bets over there at Facebook. This Marcus just brilliant guy. Billions of dollars in the VR, billions of dollars into the metaverse. It all paid off. These were just a couple of weird ones that didn't seem to work out. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's also closing down Sanzaru sun Zaru Games, which made that ours Asgard's wrath too. They got like, oh VR game.
Speaker 3: When they brought back Sloper, Oh yeah they did.
Speaker 1: They did the Sly collection and the God of War collection. It's like, oh yeah, that would have been much better use of their time if they were still doing stuff like that, but they're not, and now they have closed them down. This is of course them shifting away from VR, which surprise, surprise, now they're under AI and that's gonna work out just great.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let me get to the once I've written down here. Uh okay, So have you guys ever written read something that's insane but makes perfect sense? We'll just hang in there, understanding game pricing with the developers of Peak. This is a quote that they provided to Steven Tatillo, and every word of this makes so much sense. Yeah, I'm just gonna read this, dude.
Speaker 3: That's very good.
Speaker 1: How much is a game really in a player's mind? What does it even mean to spend five bucks? Well that's five bucks, but six bucks, well that's still five bucks. Four bucks is also kind of five bucks, Three bucks is two bucks, and two bucks is basically free. So we've got these tiers. You know, twelve bucks that's ten bucks, but thirteen bucks is fifteen bucks, and we found that eight bucks is still five bucks. It doesn't become ten bucks. Seven ninety nine. You know that's five bucks, right, So eight bucks going to five bucks is the biggest differential we could find in pricing. So we found it very optimal. The game was good dollars when it.
Speaker 4: Gain Just that quote qualifies these people to have the highest office in this country.
Speaker 1: This is the kind of shit where it's like, if this was what the people posted on LinkedIn, there would be a much better place. This is what people try on LinkedIn, but then they just fucking trip all over them selves.
Speaker 3: This is actual in SEMs industry. Steiner math, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: But the eight bucks is five bucks is the most real shit anyone has ever said.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, God, it's right.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're claiming to have any date or anything. They're just saying it. It's like, no, you're right, they're one. I love it.
Speaker 4: It's it's the most like it's just a sort of like a vibe reed in the in the most accurate, like sobering way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And it's like the evidence is before us, where that game just absolutely cracked everything at eight dollars and just came out and destroyed all right. The Xbox Developer Direct will feature a secret fourth game. That thing is happening January twenty second. They've already confirmed Forts Horizon six, Fable, and Beast of Reincarnation. Uh so we're gonna get a good look at all these things. Beast of Reincarnation is the game preak game that people who make Pokemon this is there. Maybe Soulisborne looks like a souls Burn game. Yeah, it could be more of a character action game. We don't know. We're gonna find out more at this thing they're showing. They're showing Fable and they said specifically a lot more gameplay. We're gonna focus on the gameplay.
Speaker 5: Of Fast and didn't we get a gameplay review a Perfect Dog before that got cancer?
Speaker 3: We did?
Speaker 1: Yes, right, but it's like this one, like like they would have canceled this one if that's what they were going to do. But hey, famous last words, so we'll see.
Speaker 5: Maybe I wish the fourth Secret game was just the uncanceling Perfect Dark, but still I'll still be excited when it's Crimson Skies. That's all right.
Speaker 1: So it's uh, it sounds like according to uh VGC, it's a smaller game from a first party studio. You know, they always have like a ton of games like Cooking in the Kiln or whatever, so.
Speaker 3: We'll procited, I dare you right.
Speaker 1: It's like there's some rumors it could be from Double Fine or something like that, but they just had a game, so we'll see.
Speaker 5: I don't right, right right? Yeah, Keeper just came out. Yeah, I mean Week of City. It somehow always makes like four games a year, so it could just be like another smaller pediment sized obsidian thing even who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, makes that cool. They had three games last year, so it'd be even crazier. But you're right, I wouldn't put it past them. Okay, let's see here. Resident Evil Showcase set for next week, featuring a new Resident Evil Requiem gameplay snippet. Capcom is hosting the Resident Evil Showcase on January fifteenth at two p m Pacific time, five pm Eastern. That's what was That was a Wednesday? No, it's Thursday, right, Yeah, so maybe we can find time to talk over that. I know it's gonna last twelve minutes. We'll see if a team gonna be worth it. But yeah, they're gonna show off probably some of the other stuff that we haven't seen so far. We've seen a lot of like the one side of things. This will probably get over to leon, but who knows, we'll see. I know, I'm like ready and god, this game sounds like, oh, they're just using everything they have they have and it doesn't like worry me that they have these like bifurcated gameplay styles. It's like, no, I have full confidence in Capcom to pull up both at this point, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yes, six weeks away, it's like who cares? Is here?
Speaker 1: That's the good one. Wow, It's like it's the first big release of the year by far. There's not a ton this month, but next month things pick up. But even then it's like, oh, it's not until Resident Evil, really all right? Ubisoft hits the Division and Avatar Studio Massive Entertainment with layoffs. Ubisoft is implementing a proposed organizational restructuring at its Massive Entertainment studios, which could result in fifty five layoffs. This follows a voluntary leave program, so they basically have already been doing like soft layoffs up to this point. Massive primary focus going forward will be the Division franchise. They're making the Division three, but they're also going to keep working on the Snowdrop Engine what has been doing, which has been doing pretty well for them, like that thing runs really well on the switch for example, or the Switch to I should say, they also are responsible for Ubisoft, so okay, I guess that's something they're gonna keep doing, along with an unannounced innovative tech project that they have working as well. Of course, you know, the Division is not part of the three over at the ten cent back new version of Ubisoft that is separate from the old version of Ubisoft, where they're working on Assassin's Creed games and Ghosts Recon and Far Cry so like everything else has seems like it's subject to these ongoing cost cutting measures. And this is the studio that just had Star Wars Outlaws, which are underperformed, and before that Avatar Frontiers of Pandora, which also seemed to underperform. Although both kind of had small pop ups here and there, they clearly didn't hit what their targets were for those big budget games. So they're going back to Division three and you're gonna be doing it with a reduced staff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a shame because you know, part of Outlaws problem wasn't really the studio. The game one came out earlier than it should have. It clearly needed a little bit more work, and now it seems like it's in a much better place than when it launched. And then you know franchise fatigue because the franchise has been mismanaged, which isn't Massive's fault at all. You know the Avatar game, that seems like that one got like a pretty decent bump when the new movie came out and they released an expansion for it. Seems like a good amount of people actually finally either went back to that game or picked it up. And also, like the Division three. That's going to be a huge game that's going to take a lot of people, So a little strange to do layoffs if that is your next project.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah it's And they've said as much that that next Division game is going to be massive, and they wanted to not you know that's thing the studio, but also yeah, it's going to be massive and there they want to make sure that it's going to have like the same impact that the Division one did. The Division two got to a place where people who liked that game really liked that game. Yeah, they're very happy with it. So it's like, I think they want to continue that momentum and see if they can break it through to a bigger audience real quick. Ubisoft also seems to be hinting at teasing straight up confirming the Division Definitive Edition. There was a poster for that at a Ubisoft event in Japan. Seems like it would just gather up all the DLC and all the expansions and everything that you can get and put it on all in one package and put it out again.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They've done some events in the Division two to like make the world like snowy and feel like the Division one, So maybe they're trying to bring it all together and set up for whatever Division three is going to be.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever been interested in the division at all. I don't think I could point it out in a.
Speaker 1: Police to be a little dad coded. It's it's it's like the most Tom Clancy of the Tom Clancy game. I think, Yeah, maybe Splinter self still is, but this is very mock. I've had some good times with Division two. Every time I played it, I enjoyed it. Yeah, there's a part of me.
Speaker 5: I don't know, maybe like the division sikos feel differently, But I don't really want to go back to Division one necessarily. I mean I would want to just I don't know, like like two was always better than one, am I mind? So I would just play that, or I'd be excited for Division three. But I guess there's you know, some some value there. You know, it is different it maybe that stuff is kind of stuck in and accessible now. So if it's like bringing it into the Division two ecosystem, which then ties into the Division three ecosystem, I guess it could make sense.
Speaker 1: I think that the This is how I feel, and I think I've heard people that go this as well, that I like the setting of Division one better then I do the Division two, but I enjoy playing Division two more. I think Division three is probably going to try to combine those things and kind of make it feel like you're in Division one while having all of the cool dark zone stuff that Division two had, And they're probably trying to like remind people of that by going back to the definitive edition.
Speaker 5: Ye, because the Division one was like Christmas New York. Division two is just hot DC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, summer DC. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I really liked the Air and Space Museum level.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: Apparently neat yep.
Speaker 1: All right. Call of Duty on switch to could be eminent according to data miners who are looking looking at the Call of Duty HQ app, which is that the hub app that you used to access all the other stuff. I don't know, actually I can never understand what that thing is. But people have gotten in there looked at the code and they've seen references to the switch and like to NSO and having a user account stuff connect from Activision to Nintendo stuff, so cross play can work. And it sounds like people are thinking a lot of this stuff is setting up something to happen, excuse me, with Call of Duty on switch to this year, probably Call of Duty war Zone before anything else, because that game is still up and running and working on like a PS four and probably it will be for a long time, so that's likely what they're going to move over first. I don't know, is it even worth it to do Black Ops seven at this point they see, they seem ready and willing to move on from that one pretty fast. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they have to do this. They told the courts that they would, right, told the government.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Nintendo president reiterates plans for future movies and animated videos, and he doesn't rule out anime. Nintendo president Shuntara for Akala detailed the company's plans for future film and animated content, emphasizing deep involvement from planning stages to ensure meticulous craftsmanship consistent with their games and merchandise. He also said, like this is still about exposing our characters to more people and not necessarily about us becoming this company that makes a lot of money from movies and TV. It's like we the ones we put out, hopefully they make a lot of money, but we're not going to try to put out ten a year, as like this is the primary way that we are generating revenue. It is about making sure our characters have as high a profile as possible. But yeah, he talked about acquiring Dynamo Pictures, which is now Nintendo Pictures, which are making these animated shorts like the Pickman stuff, and like we're going to do more of that, and then they were asked he was asked about what about anime. It's like, if we can do it in a unique Nintendo way, we might do that. Doesn't sound like that's that means there's anything in the works currently. So, Dan Reiker, which Nintendo anime do you want to see?
Speaker 3: I would watch I don't know if there's any I would watch them.
Speaker 1: I would watch them. Mike Tyson's punch Out anime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Epo style, Boxer Mac with little characters. All right, yes, yes, give me that specific project.
Speaker 5: They should make an anime based on Pokemon.
Speaker 1: That could never work.
Speaker 4: That would never work, Like, never rule out anime, You should never rule out anim.
Speaker 5: I mean also, we've had Zero anime, We've had Kirby anime, we have.
Speaker 1: That animal crossing anime movie.
Speaker 5: Have surprised hasn't been. I'm sure there's probably been something. I'm surprised there hasn't been a more substantial fire emblem anime, something something sure I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe they could use this as a vehicle to bring characters into the fold that may not be as popular. I know that strop your likes. I know that everyone here likes Metroid a bunch, But I don't know if like the general Nintendo audience.
Speaker 1: Would Yeah, yeah, that'd be a great way to Metric's hot now, yeah, everyone talking about it. People can't self talking about what they love to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but, like you know, they would save on voice acting for the Metroid anime because like Samus wouldn't have the many lines.
Speaker 1: Apparently she would have no lines.
Speaker 5: Apparently she's now completely mute as a character and doesn't talk even to people who talk to her.
Speaker 4: Brain training anime.
Speaker 2: Oh that would be good, actually, I think.
Speaker 4: That's why I said it.
Speaker 1: All Right, Well, we'll see what they're gonna do with that. In the meantime, what about that price of that switch to is that going to go up? Well, Nintendo's keeping an eye on RAM prices and tariff impacts. But when asked, well, is that going to cause the price of the switch to to go up, he's like, that's hypothetical. I'm not going to answer that, which sounds like you're raise the price.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know it's not hypothetical. Is the stuff costs more? But he did say like they're always looking to find ways to acquire to procure components at an affordable way to keep the price where it is. So it's like, I don't know, they might let the switch to supply like that because it seems like they have a lot of them. They might let it dry up a little bit before they try to rush out and buy a bunch of RAM at super high prices.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we'll see how much how much ram could the switch to happen?
Speaker 1: I know, like four fine, one please come on? Two glass orbs and one would.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 5: Don't act like there's ram in a switch to. So yeah, they really don't want to raise the price. I think they are the ones who steal, very uncomfortable about doing that. I think, even though I'm not saying it won't happens, it could definitely so happen. But they're probably resistant to it.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, like my thing continues to be, they've built themselves a lot of like trap doors that they could you know, surprise jump off stage by going, oh, that Mario Karp bundle's gone, and then they reappear on stage with a new bundle that's actually five hundred and fifty dollars and it comes with a you know, a game or maybe two games or something that they could position Welcome to. Yeah, it comes with Welcome Tour and mart.
Speaker 4: That away from that's actually where Welcome Tour is located in. The twelve gigabytes of RAM.
Speaker 1: Switch To Tour.
Speaker 5: Should have cost eight bucks because that's basically five bucks instead of yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh my, there you go.
Speaker 4: Now you're thinking, man, whoa, we were so many threads together with the shark tank over here. I think the switch to is overpriced, and they've built in that over priced seeing like, yeah.
Speaker 1: But they built it in for like potential stuff. Well, I think they built it in for component uncertainty. And then the teriffs came along as well, and now components are actually going way more crazy than need I think even they predicted. So I think they're already kind of at their limit, and they're kind of hoping that they can redline it for a while and see what happens.
Speaker 3: Is the terf stuff, because I remember they announced all of it, everything went crazy, and then it seemed like they immediately walked it back.
Speaker 1: Is it like back or well, they walked it back a little bit, but there's still it's like still like thirty percent I think from China and Vietnam and stuff like that. It's not three hundred percent or something.
Speaker 4: I mean, you have you bought anything internationally in the last eight months I've.
Speaker 3: Done in the last years really some of those Yeah, I guess that was before the terror stuff. Yeah, I find myself just happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do buy like a decent amount of stuff from from like uh, Europe and I And I've noticed that like some people will some outlets will be like, oh, it's built into the cost right where they'll say, like, you're not going to pay anything. But I had something from DHL coming the other day and that I'd pay eighty dollars on.
Speaker 2: So what that happens, Like do you pay the delivery driver?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So in the case of like DHL, they will front the money and then you pay DHL. If you don't pay it, the payment unlocks the disbursement, So if you don't pay them, they'll just return it descend her in like a week or something. It's super sick.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. Yeah, yeah, it rules. It's really making us a lot of money.
Speaker 2: That's why a freaking Osmo costs eight hundred dollars now instead of three hundred when it originally came out.
Speaker 1: Yep, but all those Osmo factories are here now, so it's a really really good thing. Yeah. Well, I mean, actually, the Supreme Court is still they're ruling on the tariffs is still coming in and you can kind of tell the way the wind is blowing because there's been some social media posts from certain someone who's like, if.
Speaker 2: They do this.
Speaker 1: He literally said, we're screwed if they they go back on let the tariffs happen, which is just an incredible thing to have a president post online. But yeah, and it seems like there's a good chance the Supreme Court is going to come back and be like, we don't like these tariffs and we're not gonna let them happen, and then all that's gonna fall apart. It's gonna be kind of a mess for a little bit as well. Wow, finally we'll know what a mess looks like this. Yeah, I know what, I haven't seen one at quite some time. And freaklin I could use the entertainment. I'll take a.
Speaker 4: Mess over a catastrophe.
Speaker 1: I mean, uh huh. Balder's Gate three Boss explains lack of switch to version basically said Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro don't like us anymore and don't want to pay us any money to do the work to get this on switch to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that okay, interesting, that's it's it's where to let pettiness get in the way. I mean they would make money too, Yeah, how that works. I mean they don't even have to have Larian do it, right, like you hire other companies support games all the time. That's the thing that other studios can do. Maybe something about Larian's contract or I don't know, but yeah, whatever the case, I can't imagine why a switch to version of this game is not out yesterday. That would be such a slam dunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think we were talking about it on a show recently. We're like, in twenty twenty six, that'll just be on switch too and it's like because obviously it'll make a lot of money. But yeah, I think eventually the money will talk and this will happen. But you're right, whether that's Lariyan getting the contract after people sort of like they're like, let's just all make money together, even if we do have bad beef, or they pay a studio to come in and do the job. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 5: Did you look at like caseay. They also did their big red at Ama where they're talking about the AI and they said they're going to stop using general of AI for concept art. WI interesting because before it was it's not a big deal, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: Still they said they're not gonna use it for concept art, which is the thing they said they were doing, and they got a lot of heat for that, and then they're like, we're not gonna do that anymore. However, having said that, and he literally said having said that, and then said, we're still gonna use Jenna I for other like to be iterative, he said, which is like the concept art. He said, I know it sounds like for the other departments, but I don't know. People gus should keep yelling at him because clearly they haven't heard the message. All right, let's see. Nintendo Switch Tow's latest GameCube game is now live, bringing the total to eight games Switch to Switch Online plus Expansion Pass Expansion Pack. I think a service has added the GameCube game fire emblem Path of Radiance, which is a very good strategy tactics RPG. It's like one that was very expensive on GameCube for a long time. So this is a really great way for people to actually play this game, and it's added to a list that's growing pretty quickly for game Cube games on Nintendo Switch ns O GameCube.
Speaker 2: I want to I gotta check this one out. I never checked out this fire emblem.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people do like it a lot. Back in the day. I didn't check it out because I thought it looked really ugly compared to the GBA games at the time, And now it's come a bit full circle where it's ugliness is sort of endearing I think, so, uh yeah, yeah, I want to find some time for this for sure. This is one where like some of the slight problems I have with the emulation, like the analog sixth sensitivity, that doesn't really matter for a tile based tactics games. This is one that I bet would work great on so so And most importantly, now that there are eight games, I could finally make like a two row fill out the entire library thing on that app without any gaps.
Speaker 3: Might've been struggling for so long.
Speaker 1: Everybody, Thank god. What happens when there's nine games? Three three rows of three?
Speaker 5: Oh, that wan't work. No, there will be a little gap in the in the right. I think I have to mess with it. I'm scared.
Speaker 2: Why would you do this to him?
Speaker 1: Because it's funny, because it doesn't I don't even see it. I don't even know. And Dan, Yeah, when I saw.
Speaker 5: Your n s O library and how not organized it was, I was mad at you.
Speaker 1: It means nothing to me.
Speaker 5: When the game grub and made sense to me, I literally spent time like, if it's that I don't want to play a game, will just go into my libraries and organize me too.
Speaker 3: There's enough Caveman Super Nintendo games have a Caveman row.
Speaker 1: Exactly, exactly. Yes, I'll make a cave Man.
Speaker 2: And when's the last time we had a Caveman game?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Dial for a while. There are so many in the sixteen what's the screen.
Speaker 3: Guy that left to make the monkey game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to remember that Ancestors the human Kind. Honesty, that's the game. I love that. I know Dan hates it's such it's the weirdest fucking game. It's about like making people evolve and you can swing there.
Speaker 3: That game again, I appreciate that it exists, but I want WAG. I want Tailor of the Sun, you know.
Speaker 5: Not far Primal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 1: It's not It's not far cry Primal. It's like something else. It's like a weird emergent storyline game. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Horizon, She misses You.
Speaker 5: It's cave sent the Horizon series. Yeah, there's a cave man.
Speaker 2: There's too many glowy bits for a caveman.
Speaker 1: Too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, electronics, because it's like it's far got blasted back to the Stone Age. You know, I know, I get it, Mikey, but uh yeah, I don't think that qualifies.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 5: What about the Flintstones. We should do another Flintstones game.
Speaker 3: It's about the flints should like a Flintstone's hit and run.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, dam can you like instead of like holding down acceleration, but you have to actually use your.
Speaker 3: You gotta do like style.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I do think a bedrock g t A would be fun.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, GT bedrock you go. Oh man, mister Slate will be there, pebbles will be there, bad Bam will be there all this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what part would you want this in the story to take place? Mike? Is it like post pebbles and Bam bam or after.
Speaker 1: Babies.
Speaker 5: I don't want it like, oh, they're married now, I don't want to before that. They're around No prime Flintstones, pebbles and Bam bam are there. They're being funny, they're being chilly goobers.
Speaker 3: And you have a navvy and it's the little green alien guy, the Marshall guy. No navvies.
Speaker 1: We have a strict.
Speaker 3: Right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta have the great be a part of it.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 5: If you go you go to the Order of the Water Buffalo Lodge, you can go bowling.
Speaker 1: There is a still conversion mod for Starfield that turns it into the Flintstones.
Speaker 5: Earlier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I should leave me exactly. My brain is Harvey Birdman broken, where I cannot think of Flintstones him being Tony soprano. I I just envision like a Gta Flintstones tony soprano, where like the kids are grown up and they're like a j and meadow, Like it has to be that, you know, like you're not gonna be able to get away with a little.
Speaker 5: Baby actually, like Stone, what no z saurus on your phone read for sure? Ship out of those dinosaur ribs, y'all. Come on, I bet there's a lot a shred of fat in them, but I bet they still look so good. It's just all lean.
Speaker 2: I know, I would eat so much of it.
Speaker 1: I'm like happy that, Like I get those Total Star Wars conversion mots for everything, but I wouldn't hate living in a universe where instead it was everything got of Flintstone's total conversion. Like you guys have, like you have an ip that you would like wish that everything just kind of had a mod that it would turn into or anything like that, or obviously Flintstones for you, Mike, Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: I don't know, just turned everything into Hockey Mortal.
Speaker 4: Comeback for sure, Marvel, comeback for sure.
Speaker 1: Last story and it's good news. We're gonna get to kill Mecha Hitler. Machine Games is three and a Rainbow Siege Rainbow six siege style multiplayer title. Machine Games, the studio behind Indiana Jones and The Great Circle, is reportedly planning a third Wolfenstein game, according to Windows Central and Kotaku. Window Central also claims the studio is working on a Rainbow six Siege like multiplayer title. This news comes after the release of the critically acclaimed Indiana Jones, which I then got a PlayStation five version. They did release a third wolf of Stein game from Machine Games, that was Young Blood, but that was not that was a spin off. This should complete the trilogy and finished telling the story of bj Blaskowitz. H sounds like that's the plan. Boy, I'm excited about Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the second one. Incredible. I loved it, yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My favorite part is when Ronald Reagan shows up. They don't make it clear it's Ronald Reagan's Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before Hitler pace himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hitler kills Ronald Reagan and peace himself. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Good video.
Speaker 1: It's an incredible video.
Speaker 3: Like they're so going to make a big deal out of the Mecca thing, Like that's going to be such they know everyone needs it, you know, yeh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's and it's such like a great thing to build toward. And they've already kind of like like messed around with the idea of bodies living on like bj bat Blaskowitz's head getting put on it like a Nazi super soldier body, and they've done great work with like the subtext of what that means. But they've also just made it awesome cool action stuff like his head floating around like getting put on the body, and it's like, Okay, now they can mess around with the other side of that, of Hitler being put into a suit.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: Right, Well that's probably years away, hopefully, hopefully we get it sooner rather than later. But that does it for the news from me handing the show back over to.
Speaker 2: Janajoa Fantastic Gang. We're gonna take another quick bricky break and we will be back with some emails and super JITs if we got any.
Speaker 1: We'll see how the other sad.
Speaker 2: These are the finals for the emails BombCast. John bomb dot com is email address to send your emails too. We can write in about any and everything. I look at all of them. Thank you for all the kind words across the board, whether it's the Happy Holidays, the Happy New Year's or just talking about Game of the Year. We appreciate all of the emails and also, hey, if you want to avoid an awkward social interaction and you don't got anyone, text send us an email. First email comes from Mike from Loveland. Bull ju Bos New Year, Yet it seems like the horrors are persisting. What does the Giant Bomb crew do? Free little treat? Imagine you're in your car driving home alone from a stressful event. What is the stop or what are you excited to go home to? To balance the scales? Also, or if Giant Bombs sold a snack through the merch store, what would it be? Love the show, Love you All. Mike from Loveland.
Speaker 5: Shack started selling those gummies and I think they're popular. So maybe we would have giant bomb gummies with our faces in it.
Speaker 3: That would be good.
Speaker 1: Yea, But he has the corner the market cornered on giant head gummies. The gummies are giant gummies.
Speaker 5: Will be very small.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? I like the direction.
Speaker 4: Are is this drugs or no candy?
Speaker 1: Just sugar?
Speaker 3: Should try this? Are they good?
Speaker 2: I have a bag.
Speaker 5: I'll you know, I'll do a live review shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't like them all that much. They're they're a you know, okay, yeah, I prefer like, you know, those gummy skittles like that. I prefer those.
Speaker 3: I don't like just normal ass gummy bears. I like sour like patch kids. I want some like some more density. I don't want to bounce back like gummy bears. Bounce gummy bears, you know, like you're chewing literal rubber.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't understand, okay, never like you.
Speaker 3: Know, you know what I mean, Like a sower patch kid. It's like it doesn't have that bounce back, you know, it's just.
Speaker 2: Kind of like, Yeah, I'm not a big sweets person, but I really love those peach rings, like the watermelons.
Speaker 5: There's in here. There's peach, berry punch and orange. I really have no interest in peach.
Speaker 1: Who's this guy? Who's this guy against? The spokesperson for I was gonna make man shock is he's big, you know, it's just not in his line.
Speaker 3: That's a good idea for a product. He's doing good.
Speaker 1: John's sound nice.
Speaker 5: No, I like my gummies should not be too gummy. I like them a bit firmer. I think Betty Crocker.
Speaker 1: Well, we were all just saying we hate the Harrabo gummy bears because they're too firm.
Speaker 3: We don't want to bounce back.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by Betty Crocker.
Speaker 5: Betty Crocker makes uh like they have a brand of.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, Oh okay, he's chewing.
Speaker 2: He's chewing chewing the blue one. He's halfway through.
Speaker 5: It's a damn fine gummy.
Speaker 4: I just searched, like an idiot, Betty Crocker, fucking gummies and to the surprise of literally no one, Mickey and Friends and Malana gummy bears.
Speaker 1: That's why you like.
Speaker 3: Those fruit snacks.
Speaker 1: Gummies?
Speaker 2: No, No, they're aye, they're gummies. I guess these are a lot like those.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're fruit snacks. I think we should like, you know, know, like Japanese like snacks. Is that come like boxes, like a box of Jeffes snack? Actually, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: Love that. Yeah, somebody hap it's weird that he bit a gummy in half, Like I know they're big, but like, yeah, I've never been a gummy and half those are the whole one in your mouth there, it's big.
Speaker 1: It's big.
Speaker 3: It's big.
Speaker 2: That's probably the peach one, though, Mike, I.
Speaker 5: Made sure I got to redishments out. I got the paler one and I threw it the hell back in there.
Speaker 1: You're like my You're like my six year old who will only eat certain colors of candy. This was very good, though.
Speaker 4: I'm addicted to Japanese snacks. There's a there's like a you know, like a market a couple of miles away, and I just go nuts.
Speaker 1: Man, that sounds awesome cause I got the box delivered and it was like that. They were really good, but I'm like fresh, it's even better. Ye do it for me.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite flavor. You're such a big.
Speaker 4: Good Mike learned to love it.
Speaker 3: Is curious look on his face.
Speaker 5: Tast like nothing.
Speaker 4: Oh I can't taste.
Speaker 2: Have you had a peach before?
Speaker 1: To tell? What do you mean? It's tastes like nothing. The two first gummies fried all your buds.
Speaker 4: What's happening?
Speaker 5: N just wants just loot more subtle. It's not bad, I guess, but it's subtle all right.
Speaker 2: Two out of three. That's not bad for flavors.
Speaker 3: I'm going a big sumo orange kick oranges and they got the little nub up top, so it's easy to just peel them and it's just juicy. Sumo orange is sucking awesome.
Speaker 1: Like, how does it compared to like a clementine or whatever? Bigger?
Speaker 2: They're bigger.
Speaker 3: They're bigger, and they got the nut cracking the top off. Yeah yeah, so the shell is so soft, it's so easy to Those are like I like a just pier orange.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I like the small ones because they're easy to like, snack on him. Sure, eat real quick, four of them if I need a lot?
Speaker 4: Are these named sumo because of like top not?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh, because they kind of look like little wrestlers.
Speaker 3: They a little on them, gonna say, do you make them fight?
Speaker 2: You know, they do a very good job marketing them because I always know when they're in season because it's on, Like we.
Speaker 1: Could and we could spin them and make them fight in a little thing. Yeah, a little baby.
Speaker 5: I don't think we can beat check at this gummy game. It's it's impressive. I don't want to Here is his quote, but I wasn't surprised. Well here's how we beat I wasn't, you know. I apologize I wasn't familiar.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yes, yes, was unfamiliar with your name. What we got to do?
Speaker 2: I think we would be very well served in the jelly bean market. M we we each pick a flavor that represents us.
Speaker 1: My mind would just be.
Speaker 2: Jeff the flavor.
Speaker 1: Do you find out? Can you find out?
Speaker 3: Can we spelling GB like jelly beans?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Gross, I knew you would all do the weirdest ship the garlic jelly beans.
Speaker 3: Like I'm wear the popcorn, buttered popcorn and jelly bellies. I think that's delicious.
Speaker 5: This mine's actually sweet, So there you go. Mine's a better fit for jelly beans.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, someone I just like triggered a memory. The shark. Remember the white instry shark.
Speaker 5: That was pretty crocker, I'm telling you, Okay, they made the best ones.
Speaker 1: What was the what was like the thing there?
Speaker 4: It was all sharks that almost like the magic. It glued in the dark, glowed in the dark too. It was like a different texture. It was like the more kind of like the drier, chalkier texture like and they were delicious. Remind the like white airheads, the mystery ones where they're just yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Was the other part of this question.
Speaker 5: There's you know, there's a local ice cream place handles I like to go to if I really need a treat.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, Oh yeah, what's a little treat y'all give to yourselves barbies.
Speaker 5: Actually I'll go to RP if I'm like down, like sad, and I'm like, that's an excuse to do something bad for me so I feel better, I will go to art.
Speaker 3: Oh I always want to say.
Speaker 1: I'll say to my family, I'm going to the corner and I'll just go to the gas station and buy some crap because I'll just need to get out of the house. So it's like I'll just go get a you know, a drink or something and a candy bar.
Speaker 3: I will after you do this, I should do this. I do compress after long runs, like after like a half marathon or whatever. I'll go to Taco Bell and just get the most because you just burn like a billion glories and it's like, I'm going to get everything at Taco Bell. That sounds awesome.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll just yell in my car for a little sure, that's nice.
Speaker 1: That's a great treat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the windows down actually yeah yeah, yeah. People get scared when I roll all the windows down. Yeah, all right. Next email comes from Eric in Massachusetts. Gang, are there any games that you personally regret not playing before Game of the Year discussions? For any year? It doesn't need to be number one, but something you are just disappointed he didn't have more love at the time. Eric from Massachusetts, Go, yeah.
Speaker 5: This past year, I did feel like we didn't. Yeah, I think e'x after Dan, none of us just kind of happened to not play it. I don't think it would have been Game of the Year, so like, but you know, yeah, she got a little bit more love. I definitely wish I had played Secoro a way earlier, like going back to that. So it is my twenty nineteen game of the Year. Not that I feel that bad that I gave it to three Houses back then. I do like that game a lot, But yeah, I think Soekaro would. That's like one of the few times we're like, oh, if I had played this game, then it would have straight up been my favorite game that year.
Speaker 3: I bet if Game of the Year is right now, I think Sectory would do better like it got on the top ten. But like I feel like, like grub you and I probably a lot higher on our personal list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it was number two of mine, so okay, yeah, I forget.
Speaker 3: Where it was mine, but it would have been higher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, really good.
Speaker 3: I wish I finished Dispatch before that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I been like I wrote the book. I'm not finishing Ship, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: But you didn't finish the book though.
Speaker 4: It's still like still stuck in limbo, Google dog, it'll never get done.
Speaker 1: None of you said two point Museum? What's that?
Speaker 5: I didn't bring it up, but I played like thirty hours of two point Campus this week becomes my game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been playing a lot of that.
Speaker 3: Actually, well, how did you like it?
Speaker 2: It's a museum?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I talked about a little bit last week. It's still not as good as museum, but it's more two points and I'm just kind of chugging it down. Apparently, I just like this series.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm going to make a note I want to play two point Museum.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: It's like you're like it, yeah, I should do that.
Speaker 3: Were you making that note just like out loud or on my Google doc here? Yeah, dang out, that's probably keyboard, right, It's it's a keyboard. Mossing okay.
Speaker 2: Next email comes from Matt. Matt writ saying, Hey guys. On the last episode of The Dump Truck, Dan mentioned he once wanted some sort of scheme to win a million dollars and I think I may have come up with the best idea. Hell, we need to get Dan on the game show the Floor. His topic could be as simple as video games. Even if someone challenges him early, I think he would be good enough to somehow come out on top. When Dan ultimately comes out on top, it'd be the final piece of the puzzle for the movie about his life. It'd be an amalgamation of Forrest Gump and slum Dog Millionaire. So my question is, if Dan was to try and get on the show, what would his topic be and what would the eventual movie about his triumph be called? Thanks? How me on? I've never heard of the Floor.
Speaker 4: I think it's it's either Rob Low or like one of those people you could easily slot in.
Speaker 5: For immediately believe that it's Rob Low.
Speaker 1: And it's right.
Speaker 4: Like has like traps doors in it and trap doors in the floor. I don't know anything else. It seems like there's a board.
Speaker 1: The floor is a trivia game where eighty one contestants stand on a giant led floor on a square representing a category like horror movies or famous athletes. A random contestant challenges a neighboring opponent to a head to head quiz duel in the opponent's category. The winner takes control of the losers square, expanding their territory while the loser is eliminated.
Speaker 5: That's okay, you like, do you go in with your category?
Speaker 3: Is that you think?
Speaker 1: I think you have your category and that's like your defense, and then you challenge someone around you who you think you can beat them in their category? Is what it sounds like.
Speaker 5: So like I'd say, I go in with Disney Parks. That's great, obviously I'm going to be fine the first round. But then do I, like take over horror films? NOORI? I have to answer those questions.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's that's your question. I think you have to do you have to beat them in horror, horror games or horror films to take over their category. But once you do that, I think it's like now when someone challenges you, it's still yours.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I think it just expands your territory mic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'm applying right now to be on it.
Speaker 5: Dance digars should be wrestling even more so than video games.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, because again I I like, I don't know anything about Japanese wrestling. I don't know anything about three North American companies don't know about either, right, I mean way more about games than I do wrestling. Okay, I would do if I got to pick, I would do video games for sure.
Speaker 2: We should all apply to this game show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, literally entering into the floor.
Speaker 5: Is it broadcast on a Disney that worked?
Speaker 1: By any chance that might help my chances?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's on Hulu.
Speaker 5: Oh well there you go. Then yeah, Dan will Dan will do video games in the show be called uh leave it to Danny.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do I put for an occupation? Podcaster? Self employed, business shower, game, content creator?
Speaker 5: Game?
Speaker 3: That just sounds like a guy with a YouTube channel. I never say content creator.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's amazing. Just look in the mirror, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, I like, I like what Chad is saying, media mogul.
Speaker 3: Oh there, I'm gonna say games media personality. Okay, I think they'll like that.
Speaker 5: Okay, personality.
Speaker 2: We should we should get on the family feud. I think we will the family.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 4: That we were trying to show did family few last night and there was like a really problematic category.
Speaker 1: Really just a lot of every answer is penises.
Speaker 3: It was it just was it was like.
Speaker 2: Favorite thing you saw at CES twenty two something like I forget.
Speaker 4: What it was.
Speaker 1: It was something that was like worst things than I looked at each other like we have.
Speaker 4: To turn the fucking channel.
Speaker 1: We can't watch the family view together.
Speaker 4: That's what's happened.
Speaker 3: Oh the survey that I need to fill out to enter. What are you like when you play games? Are you a risk taker or do you play it safe so super competitive or just do it for the fun? Elaborate all right, yeah, super competitive but in a fun way. I'm kind of a stinker okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know where to play the from the just.
Speaker 1: Watch this and then Mario party party and then.
Speaker 3: I have a ton of fun with it. But I definitely play to win, not in an aggressive way. I just have a lot of fun. Are these can a little stinker nose?
Speaker 2: Are all?
Speaker 1: Can?
Speaker 3: I'm typing?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right? Next email comes from Travis and Fargo Travis writes in five questions, I choose one of them. Travis writes in what's the most beautiful or astounding place in your state? California, It's Yosemite, Yosemite National Park. Oh, it's tough to beat, boy, I feel like you can say the sheets. Yeah, I mean there's some part there are some nice parts of how today. Oh yeah, there's two.
Speaker 1: Trying to remember the name of the place. There's like, yeah, there's a bunch of great like rock Hawking Hills, I think, yeah, Hockey Hills. Yeah, Hockey Hills is up there.
Speaker 5: Probably Hawking Hills, at least on this side of Ohio. I think there's some lake Erie short stuff that's that's you know, plenty nice.
Speaker 1: That thing is probably stuff in the Appalations, but no one goes there, not unless you want to be taken by the appellation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they're practically in West Virginia, so like look out right exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it used to be in the Margaritaville, but they closed it in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: I never go too far from the Twin Cities. But it's like it's just like there's just a million really nice lakes. It's not like there's this one, Oh my god, vista. You have to see. It's just like there's a million, just really fucking nice lakes around here.
Speaker 2: Wait does the butter come from you, Dan?
Speaker 3: But Wisconsin, Wisconsin, there's no like Orlando lakes butter.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe no, Well, Wisconsin has a lot of lakes as well.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, you know the lake from here, right, yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, but that makes so much more sense. They didn't change the name when they went to LA.
Speaker 1: From base basketball where it's like the Lakers moved from Minnesota to LA where there are no lakes, and the jazz moved from Wherever to Utah where they don't allow music.
Speaker 2: Music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very good.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that movie in a while.
Speaker 4: Everything basically north to me is like sprawling mountains and like you would think you're in Vermont, like it's just that forever, ever and ever in Colorado.
Speaker 1: When I was in Denver, the most beautiful thing was walking out of the grocery store and seeing the rocky mountains.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's cool, all right. Moving on down the emails, John from Greece right said, high Bomb crew, I have a beautiful clear amber. Nick RG threety five x x H. In my New year's resolution is to play more retro games. Yes, right now I want to focus on one of the best handhelds of all time, the GBA. So far, my plan is to replay Final Fantasy Tactics Advance to try Fire Emblem the Blazing Blade for the first time. I would love to hear your recommendations. I don't care about genre of game. Just give me your top GVA picks. Please don't worry, I totally own all the games you will recommend. Thanks in advance. John from Greece. Yea, this is my favorite platform warrior ware. Sure Stuntman is surprisingly good on there.
Speaker 1: I always make play it.
Speaker 5: Metroit Fusion for Sure is also very good on gb Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the astro Boy game is very good.
Speaker 1: Oh yes it is.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah's good. Both Marios sports games Tennis and golf on advance are a ton of fun. Mega Man Battle Network. If you haven't played like the remasters.
Speaker 1: Drill Dozer Rot up recently great game. Absolutely try to actually try to track down real one of those. But it's expensive now, but you get the rumble. I guess you cold probably emulate the run, don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Klonoa Yeah, games, maybe two of them, but they're very good on g B A.
Speaker 3: Actually, the Advance Wars games are fantastic.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah on one and two if you're looking for traditional turn base, if you're looking for something a bit sillier, but maybe even Petter Marian Luigi Superstar.
Speaker 2: Saga is one of Yeah. Mega Man Zero games are also.
Speaker 3: Zero Caslvania games, Yes, is actually on game Boy Advance.
Speaker 5: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater two on g B A, Yes, actually an amazing version three as well, But yeah, two and three on there are great.
Speaker 2: I love actually the Zelda game. I think the Sonic Advanced games are very good, so if you're a fan of Sonic check those out as well.
Speaker 1: I was really good. I've got to port recently to switch, but worth checking out.
Speaker 2: Lizzie McGuire is a good game. I think Corey in the House. I think that's for the DS. Never mind, Yeah, that might be the DS. Yeah, a lot. You can't go wrong on the g BA.
Speaker 3: Turns out it's also like the analog pocket like all those like you know, retor hand held and stuff. G BA just pops on it like those.
Speaker 5: Like I Goku games were actually pretty fun, like Zelda ish.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, no, no, those are very good. Those are very good.
Speaker 1: Car Battle or Joe play that one.
Speaker 2: That's a good one Car Battle or Joe. Oh the meta bots games those are.
Speaker 5: All yeah, there's I love, like just how many games have weird, surprisingly competent isometric versions on g b A, like like Max Pain it's like a g b A game that's yeah, like the Two Towers Return of the King. Games that are basically Dioblo likes are actually pretty good.
Speaker 3: M H is playing that Unbound and that sounds very impressive. Oh yeah that ship is that should? It sounds really yea god?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I pitched a long, long time ago game Boy at Chance, and I just played a bunch of GBA games like alright. Two more emails. This one comes from Tyler from Baltimore. Hey, Bombers, I think twenty seven year old listener. One of my favorite parts of your show is hearing about games that were before my time but clearly had a big impact on you. Chief. If each of you could prescribe one game for Zoomers to play, what would it be and why? Ps two generation are older? AboutUs? Points? If it's playable on modern consoles or PC Tyler from Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Well, I was gonna say a Shadow of the Colosses.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Slovenia Symphony of the Night.
Speaker 5: More of you should all play grim fan Dango.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh sure, here here's a wild One, ray Gar for the PS two or ry Gar for.
Speaker 3: The NES Yeah, Bloomers, Twisted Metal Blast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't have a lot of car combat games.
Speaker 5: Anymore, Final Fantasy specifically.
Speaker 2: Uh, or guys, God Bless the Ring, Embracer Type four god gaming altered games.
Speaker 4: Think about cool borders all the time.
Speaker 3: PS one it's never good.
Speaker 5: But yeah, just gonna tell you how it's as good as ten eighty.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely cool. Board has always disappointed me from this. Yeah, those games aren't good.
Speaker 3: Why are we talking about anything?
Speaker 1: Well, tricks is great. It's the trickies. I love tricky.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, uh, Tyler, you should actually play if you wind up liking middle Gear Solid or you're a fan of Kojima and you haven't checked out Zone of the Enders, play Zone of the Enders. God JAHOUDI just sounded hell of an incredible word, Mike, Do you have the email document in front of you?
Speaker 5: The email documented from me?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do the run of show. Could you read this last email?
Speaker 5: Yes, dear jan please say SIV seven and the six to seven Cadence Brandon from Alabama, can you say it? Oh me, you want me to do it. That's why, that's why you have to do it. Well, said dear John.
Speaker 2: I'll do it.
Speaker 5: I'll do it.
Speaker 3: CIV seven.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 2: And folks that does it for emails, BombCast giant bomb dot com send your emails in thank you to any and everyone that sends an email. Mikey hit me with some super chats if we got it.
Speaker 5: You got a couple. I saw some people say they're having trouble getting them through, but a couple got through here now please, they says, congrats them being absolum in one attempt. What was your favorite part of the story, Pis It was a credle watching you guys just mash through the final boss's dialogue.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it is like a whole monologue prepared that.
Speaker 1: You guys are just killing just to take care of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's dead. We were there to beat him.
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 2: What about last words?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah you was your father?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great words.
Speaker 5: In my opinion, you guys all right every time and your pants says, if you can own a prop from any movie or f m V game, what would you get? I think were we told that they still have quant Chi's thrown at their realm from dream.
Speaker 3: You streaming from Quantchi's Thrown to be incredible that I mind exactly the mcgroober notebook.
Speaker 4: Oh sure, sure someone's made that.
Speaker 3: Uh already made a one to one replica of it basically, But I want the original one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh, I don't know if you could have that.
Speaker 5: I mean it's like, you know, like the hover board from Back to Future two is a pretty big and.
Speaker 1: They sell that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like I want the one right, Yeah, they are not just like stealing the props from the movie.
Speaker 1: But I mean, is it the question if you could have anything?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't think he's asking like what do we want for our birthdays?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: He's okay, fair.
Speaker 4: Enough, fair enough?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have this, like I have this secretly three D printed vial, but if I had the real one, that'd be cool.
Speaker 2: I want Keno's moped from TM two. They're going to start delivering pizzas. Yeah, it's salting livid, just like I.
Speaker 4: I should have four hundred answers to this, and I can't think of anything I want.
Speaker 1: I want Tim Curry, Curry's outfit from the Command of Concrete, Yeah all the time.
Speaker 5: Would you want Donnie's Folgers ashes a cup thing?
Speaker 3: That's good?
Speaker 4: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 3: What about the Mill Murray ball with a hand in it from king Pin the Rose? He loses his hand, Yeah, don't put the hand in the ball.
Speaker 4: Woody Housen loses his prosthetic hand in the ball. But Ernie McCracken bowls with a crystal ball with a rose embedded.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh, yep, I'm looking at it now. Yep, Okay, I like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, probably made about it. It's kind of actually fantastic. Yeah, it probably made replicas. But I would love a speed racer helmet. I've been thinking about the Wakowski movie a lot.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: Need s a banger?
Speaker 3: Oh, I know what I want.
Speaker 4: I want the z F one gun from Fifth Element.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's great.
Speaker 5: Held from Rocketeer.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, hell yeah. Grub is there like a Star Wars related thing you'd want?
Speaker 1: I don't like. I've had plenty of years now, to I get like a replically lightsaber, and it's never been for me.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Did you do the thing at like Galax's Edge where you make a lightsaber?
Speaker 1: No, we did the droids instead. Yeah, the cooler, right, I'll do the lightsaber ones next time I'm there. But we did the droids with the kids and that was that was fantastic. They like spent the next forty five minutes just playing with those. They have like a little pad across the street where you can get them out and move them around because they're radio controlled. We had a lot of fun doing that. But uh, yeah, I don't know. I I like the like the really dumb stuff, So like anything that like references and in world like company would be cool, or even like the like brass dice that Don Solo had for some reason that the end of Last Jedi, because oh, because they were gonna like make a big deal about it being in Solo. I'm like, that's really fucking dumb.
Speaker 3: I would like that. I think.
Speaker 5: I think one of the planet Hollywood's had like the giant like wax figure of the naked Sylvester Stallone from a demolition Man hanging in its rafters I think I would just have that just hanging above me in my office at all the time. So I'm doing this, you know what's up?
Speaker 1: Taco orangs? Got it? If I could just have hobbitant just the.
Speaker 5: You know what, the one rig or something could be what the town of Hobbited, I'll just live in a hobbit hole.
Speaker 1: Would that be to scale to you grubs from because the one that they built that's still there that you can visit is to human scale, So they could. I think it might even there's probably some of them that are like bigger, so that like people look small when they're in there.
Speaker 5: But yeah, absolutely they apparently Red Letter Media owns the Sylvesters the love thing by the way.
Speaker 1: They good for them. They deserve it.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's nice. And Tym Morale says that they couldn't send a super chat but they said something via KOFE if if I don't know if we can easily access the coke tick out this.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: There you go, don't worry where Dan is on it.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good idea, Dan Fiasco one of the poison green balls from the rock that like as anam on.
Speaker 3: Your Christmas tree. That would be incredible.
Speaker 2: Yes, I just want Willem Dafoe from Spider Man one.
Speaker 3: You just want the actor will It's just to like yell at me, I have the Antoni moreles One says if Nintendo releases an anime, can we finally get Waifu? Episode two? Also update on tall clothing merch Master also also how about then Bear's good better best?
Speaker 5: You guys don't want anything to do with a wife Fu episode, right, don't worry about that. That's something Jeff and I did on our show, and it was it's.
Speaker 1: Become sort of notorious. At this point, we don't We can't try background again.
Speaker 5: I mean again about the tall clothes, like, there might not be too much I can do. Like the way the store works is that we could pick from a selection of clothing that the supplier has available and then put designs onto that. So I'll check again to see if they have any special tall options. But a lot like like with that and with like larger sizes, a lot of times they just don't have any or like so few that when we sell five of them, we start getting like order things coming in, like oh no, we ran out of that. Actually, got to go tell those people.
Speaker 1: Now that we don't have them, Well, we were always looking at potential new vendors and stuff like that. We'll see if that's an option in the future, but right now it.
Speaker 2: Is front of mine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as soon here I have to do another store refresh, so I'll take a look.
Speaker 1: So that Bears game just it was incredible. Did they win? They were down eighteen points, it was like twenty one to three or something like that, and they beat the Packers and just kind of embarrassed them. It was it was amazing, and that's the Packers got what they deserve. So I'm rooting for the Bears now, even as a Lions fan, which sucks, but here we are.
Speaker 4: I would I want Peewee's bike from Peewe's Adventures.
Speaker 5: It's rough one. A lot of your favorite films are animated, at least the two d Ones. I guess I could like ask for an animation cell. But if it was like a CG movie, like what do I want? Like the processor from the computer I got?
Speaker 1: Don't kind of actually kind of.
Speaker 5: It's a fun game to play, by the way. Yeah, the Morphers from the Power Rangers movie.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: I love that plastic Hardshell Power Rangers costumes from the movie.
Speaker 5: Oh god, they had those on this They had as I think one of those on display in Hollywood studios and Dismal for a long time. I really the Planet Hollywood store that there. I think that's right, and they always looked cool. I remember the first song I was in a Planet Hollywood. The idea that like, to me, I was like, this is irresponsible that they have these prompts just here. They need to be like locked up. These are too precious.
Speaker 1: These were in a movie that was the biggest deal ever.
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe that. I was just, you know, eating right next to the freaking battle ring from you familiar spaghetti.
Speaker 1: Sauce on it. Yeah, this is dangerous.
Speaker 3: Look out.
Speaker 4: I've wont something from Wayne's World to.
Speaker 3: The guitar, the gun rack, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: An oh, you know what the penis pump from Austin.
Speaker 1: Pound Swedish penis and larger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, well, just get the car, the morphobile or whatever car, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. Alan Rickman's alien headprop from Galaxy Question. It's a good.
Speaker 5: Oh god, it's all ripped up and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just wearing it all day without even remembering that movie.
Speaker 5: God got a little Kexy Quist's what a freaking movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the book, Austin Powers writes about the penis and larger pump. That's my bag, baby, Mikey anymore, super chest. I think we're good.
Speaker 5: I think we're good.
Speaker 2: Actually, now, all right, thank you to everyone sent a YouTube, super chat and gang. What do we got going on for the rest of the week. Games Mornings popping off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mikey's definitely be Larry tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's it's gonna I don't know.
Speaker 5: I've got this whole Titanic or by Tannic with a y thing to get through. No one knows what it means, so I do we do.
Speaker 3: It's just bad. It's not even a joke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I do all by Like, there's one costume slot I don't have yet, and I'm hoping it's like a reward for being the game and forgetting all the trophies. It better not be indicating a fourth movie sequence.
Speaker 2: It's gonna lose my mind.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, I can't take much more, fella, So I'm gonna starting out. I swear to God, I can't this fucking I tire of this, Larry is leisure.
Speaker 2: Voicemail, dumb truck popping off on Thursday as per you, and then unprofessional Fridays Friday afternoon as well. We mentioned at the tippy Top there's a big Hops review on the website written by Chuck Towski, who also built the new website. And then folks, a little bit of housekeeping. We are taking Martin Luther King Day Martin Luther King Junior Day off next Monday, so missed will be moved to a different day. No game miss mornings that day. Mega man, I don't know, Mike, you do whatever you want, Mega Man. There we go. I was gonna say, you could maybe just watch the children's film Martin, where everyone goes back in time with a young Martin Luther King. I thought that shit was a bang ad.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about the show Martin, which I like that. Yeah, that's I was, Yeah, That's what I.
Speaker 1: Was thinking of to I remember seen this movie.
Speaker 2: Oh, I also like the show Martin Gang. Anything else I forgot or anything else we want to talk about before we get on out of here now?
Speaker 1: No good?
Speaker 2: All right, okay, fantastic John bomb dot Com slash go help Chuck with the wiki and hey, you know, resist, just keep resisting out there, gang, stay safe as well. We love you. That's been the show.
Speaker 1: He's been Jeff, and he's been Jeff.
Speaker 2: He's the Mike, he's but Dan.
Speaker 1: I've been Jean and you at home.
Speaker 3: Slump show going on over there.
Speaker 2: Look at you?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 3: What that bang do?
Speaker 5: Oh my god,