Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped, bad news to need advice?
Speaker 2: Who you don't have the.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Show Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 5: Man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I'll get the studio up at a minute. Mark's on his way back right now. All you'll see is deputy doc and Bow. And I wouldn't do that to you. You could pay me to keep it off, and I will. And I'm talking to those streaming. We got a we got a popular following. We love it. We got mostly downloads, but but several stream During the day, I get emails and text from people all over the country that have downloaded the show. Sometimes they're a month behind and they somehow hear the show and then reach out to us. And it's an older show, and that's pretty funny. John Fuller is with us Fuller Law, and I actually saved up some stuff for John personal injury attorney, and I say call on the first sign of trouble and just get some consultations. You'd be shocked at how many ride share accidents, there are john people don't know what to do. They want to know does their own I mean, they're completely confused about rideshare. So let's take it one step out a time. Ride share as a passenger, is your own insurance covering you? Is there insurance covering you? Who's covering you?
Speaker 6: Okay? It really depends on who's at fault.
Speaker 7: Tom.
Speaker 6: If there's a third party at fault, then it's just like any other accident. In the beginning. You're going to file all the claims against the third party that's at fault, just as if you were in your own car. Okay, you're still going to use your medpay. There may be medpay available by the you know, the uber or lyft driver, but but primarily you're going to use your own insurance and you're going to use that third party. If the lift or uber driver is at fault, they're required to have insurance and quite a lot of it, and so you're going to file all of your claims against that driver. You may still have your own medpay and stuff and your own UM that would stack on top um meaning uninsured motorists. But primarily we would look to the driver of the lift or the you know, uber for all of the coverage for that accident.
Speaker 2: Okay, does your insurance ever cover you that would be underinsured and uninsured? You said sometimes, right.
Speaker 6: Correct, Yep. If you run out of limits, then that yours would kick in and stack on top of that.
Speaker 2: John, we used to recommend and say it's a good idea to have underinsured and uninsured. I think it's mandatory. I mean not by law, but I mean you're protecting yourself. I bring back this other run and I hope he's not listening because I rub his nose in it. He insured his parents and wanted to save him a ton of money. Basic liability, medpay no basic liability. Okay, what about uninsured? Underinsured, no basic liability? They were hit by someone who had next to nothing. Yeah, and now they have lifelong injuries and they have nowhere to collect nowhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I see that all the time, Tom, and listen. Nobody's immune to it. Even you know, even well intended agents and stuff will steer people wrong. I just yesterday was given a copy of my mother in law's car insurance, and I was shocked to find out that she had really good liability limits, but the state minimum of UM limits. And this isn't a different state. But that's just a classic example of some agent trying to save her money. But it's the worst thing to skimp on. It's the only coverage on that policy that actually protects you. This lady is eighty two years old and has no assets of any significance. She is not at risk of having a big liability judgment wreckord financially. The only reason why you would have those enhanced liability limits is so you can purchase the exact same thing in UM limits. So I see it all the time. It's not just it's not just one carrier or one agent. It's all across the board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you really need to advocate for yourself or go to an agent that knows what the hell they're doing. And another one Callion Times.
Speaker 6: If your agent tells you to do things like skimp on the UM or to waive your medpay, it's time for you to get a new agent.
Speaker 2: Well. See here's what happens, John. People are trying to save money, okay, and they think they're being wise. I think one of the wiser things would be to increase deductibles and things like that, because if you put in too many. If you put in too many claims anyway, you're going to be screwed. So you may as well have a higher deductible because you end up paying for a lot of those claims yourself anyway.
Speaker 6: Now, Yeah, I don't disagree with you, but the problem that you have, Tom, and especially you that have a lot of you know, a lot of older listeners and stuff. These people genuinely believe that their insurance agents are representatives of the company. You know, they work for these companies and in many instances, nothing could be further from the truth. They are selling you products and they try to remain as competitive as they can, and if they can shoot you a lower rate by shaving off a coverage or two here and there, then then many times the consumer thinks that's the guy I want to go with because he's looking out for me and getting me the best rate. But the price for that is a lack of coverage when you actually need it the most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I want to talk about Instagram and TikTok and how it plays into insurance because it does, and I want to get to the bottom of it. In fact, I wouldn't mind having Brian Burns on to weigh in on it, sus whenever we can. Scott, what's going on in your life today? Scott? Three O three seven to one three talk is our number three oh three seven one three A two five five. If you call three L three Martino you can get through twenty four to seven. Leave a number. We will get back to you. And of course we're available on all the social media platforms. Just look for us. Hey, Scott, what's going on? Hey?
Speaker 8: How's it going?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 2: Good Man?
Speaker 8: Tend to a new home about about a year and a half ago, a little under.
Speaker 2: Any new home renter, buy rent, buy bye, and is it new from the builder?
Speaker 8: No, it's actually an older home, which is why I had to have them put HBAC in when I moved in.
Speaker 2: When we said.
Speaker 8: It was November a year.
Speaker 2: Ago, November of twenty four, twenty three.
Speaker 8: Which one twenty three November twenty okay.
Speaker 2: And who did your HVAC comfort works? Okay? I don't know them. So what happened?
Speaker 8: Well, when they came and they did the job, I mean it seemed like a great job. The Winner of twenty three twenty four we had that one really cold night and the system froze up. I tried colling. I'm never heard back. It worked afterwards, so I didn't think much about it. But this year it's gone down. I don't know, three four, five times it's frozen up. Last night I had absolutely no heat. I've been trying to get a hold of this guy for about the last month and a half. Ever since that first really cold night we had and it froze up again. I mean, I've been going without heat.
Speaker 2: Hearing that all right, now, listen, let's talk about let's talk about the very first time you said it froze up. What exactly does that mean?
Speaker 8: Well, it's a mini split system, so it's got indoor.
Speaker 2: U Okay, now I got you. I got you. It's not a real furnace. Then it's it's a it's a heat pump.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a heat pump.
Speaker 2: Well, a heat pump will freeze up unless it's these newer heat pumps, and it's probably not these newer heat pumps. I don't believe they make them in mini splits. The newer heat pumps are good for a way below zero. The regular mini splits are not, and they are not really good below forty forty degrees thirty five degrees so you don't have a regular furnace.
Speaker 8: I have the mini splits and that's all I have. The they were brand how many.
Speaker 2: How many many? How many many? It doesn't matter if they're new or not, if they can't do the job. How many mini splits do you have?
Speaker 8: And they're both connected to the same outdoor unit?
Speaker 2: Okay? I missed that. What did he say? How many? Like three or four? Like? How many outside units? How many outside units do you have?
Speaker 8: H there's one outside unit and two indoor units.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's a it's truly using one compressor and one condenser and it has two wall units in the house. Those are never going to heat your house. I mean they're probably functioning font and shepherd those well that you know what, then you're lucky, You're lucky. But when they go out, how do they go out?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 8: Well, the defrost light will come on like it'll be heating. Then the little event goes up. The light will come on for to defrosts and then just sits there for hours. The outside unit wi's running whatsoever, and it just gets cold, you know, I think, and you know, little ice or what nott a form on around the outside of it. And whatever, and it just it doesn't defrost, it doesn't come back on.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, I'm just gonna tell you you're going to have this problem. And usually usually they're pretty piss poor. From twenty to thirty two degrees. Thirty two to forty five, they're wonderful. Below twenty, they're useless and they will freeze up. It's absolutely normal. Now they do make some hyper heat high performance ones for below fifteen. I don't know what kind you have. What's the make of yours?
Speaker 8: It's a Mitsubishi Electric. It's been running just fine until it gets down to about you know, five degrees zero degrees.
Speaker 2: Or did you just hear it? Okay, bro, did you hear what I said? I mean, that's why, because they're not made for that. Of course they're gonna run fine until they don't. But I need to know the exact make and model and stuff and let us let our experts run it down. So I'm gonna put you on hold and give us the make, give us the exact make and model. Okay, hold on three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five waterpros dot Net, you want to talk about the best water systems in the world. I'm just telling you this. You can get rid of all the poofa chemicals that's forever chemicals, the plastics, the chlorine con soften your water, good for pipes, good for you, good for your skin, and get drinking water at the kitchen sink. All of this this is never be foeheard of. And it's a Valentine to Day special. So I think it ends smortw But you can call and get in line and you'll still be an unord thirty one, ninety five, three and ninety five. Now now I'm really serious. I honest to God, I'm serious. Not a plumber in Denver will do it for less than fifteen grand, and even Paul the waterman charges more than this usually. So here's what I want you to do. Call him three oh three eighty six two five five five four. Hey Tom Martino here three oh three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So let's go back to the phone see what we can do for you. And John Fuller is with us, Marcus somewhere in the house. So Scott's got an HVAC issue. I try did we get the issues? If we get the exact make and model. I'd like to get someone from fix It or eight eight.
Speaker 10: Eighteen m I'm sorry, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Or Plumbline. What I'd like to do is address the system he has, because having a mini split that goes out around five degrees is not unusual. I mean really, there's only a few a few that will actually handle temperatures below that. Mini splits, for those listening, are electric systems, and they call them splits because you don't have to put in a whole system. You put in a wall unit to an exterior wall. It looks like an air conditioner, but it's built into the wall. They put it usually up a little high, and then it's remote controlled and then it goes the the fluids and everything go outside to the guts, which is called the split mini split. So that's where the word, you know, that's how they describe them. And sometimes they're people's only option when they don't have duct work. They have to put these big splits in. But they're really not they're really really not made for Colorado.
Speaker 11: I have a tree, Scott, Tom.
Speaker 2: Oh and you know about this too, bo, Yes.
Speaker 11: Tom, Tom is Scott still on the air. I think go ahead, Scott, this is bo. You need to call your your your contractor comfort works and see if they installed an integrated electric element into your Mini split that'll supplement the heat pump. It's a strip elements, similar to like your toaster. I think that's yeah, some.
Speaker 2: Of them that That's what I was asking him for the model because some of them have it, like for example, the go ahead.
Speaker 8: I have a model number if you want it. But that's my whole problem. I've been calling this guy for a month and a half and he won't return a single phone call.
Speaker 2: Well, is it a Mitsubishi.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a Missabis looks like the part number is MS z GS two four inn a.
Speaker 2: Okay, you gotta phonetically do that MS like in liking Mike Sierra.
Speaker 12: Yeah, m is in Mike, as is in sausage, z as in Zebra, sausage, g as in green s as in sausage two four n as in Niagara Falls and in Alberta.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like sausage. Okay. Is it called do you know if it's called do you know if it's called the hyperhat?
Speaker 13: I have no idea. I just know it's a miss Abigi Electric. The guys were real nice when they installed it. I mean they were quick, they were efficient, and it works great up until he gets to that point.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would never listen. Listen carefully. Listen carefully, bro, I'm on their site. The Mitsubi MSZGS two A n A is not a cold climate heat pump. Okay, it's got a limited capacity, and uh, if you want the heating one, it's got to be a different one. Now here's what's going to be your argument. You're you're going to say it's defective, and it's not. They put in and you paid for what you got. Well, no it's not.
Speaker 8: I'm looking for a way to get it to not.
Speaker 2: What do you want?
Speaker 8: How can I keep this from happening?
Speaker 14: Well, you can't, I would like to.
Speaker 2: I guess, man, I don't know. Hold on, hold on, hold on. I am assuming that you're understanding me. You can't make something work that's not made for the intended purpose. You can't make it work to keep it from happening.
Speaker 13: When I didn't realize that this unit was not design for cold weather, when the students stallted, he told me, as you were just fine year round.
Speaker 2: And it okay, and in Colorado, it does most of the time. So your argument's going to be, should you have been sold it isn't inappropriate? But this is not an investment. I mean, the appropriateness doesn't really play into it if the consumer knowingly buys something and pays a fair price. Now, if you were misled, in other words, they told you it was the hyperheat model and it wasn't. But if you were sold that model number and pay the appropriate price for that model number, and you didn't pay for the high efficiency, then you got what you paid for and it's working about nine or ninety five percent of the time. Scott, there is no answer to this. There isn't. I mean, I don't know if they would, out of courtesy upgrade you, But what are you expecting them to do. They can't make it work better. It's designed for what it does.
Speaker 8: I did not realize it was not designed for cold weather until you just told me, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Not designed for extreme It's not designed for extreme cold weather. Now I would complain. You said, the dude this is a company. Is the company made up of a number of dudes or is it one dude that owns it?
Speaker 8: I think it's like I don't want to see a mom in poss. But I know there's a guy that owns it and he's got to do that helps them. And I don't know of anyone else. But I've only met those two.
Speaker 2: I've only spoken with him, did you ever? Okay, they won't return your call, right, okay?
Speaker 9: Bo.
Speaker 2: What I would like you to do is call them, Bo call.
Speaker 11: I will, and I'll give them the model, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and ask them if they think it's appropriate that it was sold. Do they feel any obligation to help upgrade them?
Speaker 11: Tom, You're right, it's not the correct unit for this climate with our low cabin.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 11: It's not and it may need to just be changed out. I don't think you can add a supplemental strip eating to that model.
Speaker 2: No, you can't. It's not made for it.
Speaker 11: Scott will call the contractor for you.
Speaker 2: See what now, Sus? Did we get? Is Brian Burns around?
Speaker 4: I can check?
Speaker 2: Hang on a minute, Yeah. I want to try to get them after the break to talk with John Fullern me about some things I'm seeing on Instagram and TikTok. And I want somebody to look into it because I'm so tired of it. I am so tired of it, and I really want to look into it. Three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five.
Speaker 6: Necessairly in that order.
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Martine. You're a troubleshooter. I got Brian Burns up from Compass Insurance. By the way, they're the home of the free insurance checkups always three h three nine nine six nine thousand. Brian, I don't know if you've ever been asked this question. And John Fuller, our personal injury attorney, as well, I don't know if you've ever been asked this, but I'm getting tired of seeing it. I look every now and then on TikTok and most more so on Instagram, and what I'm seeing are these short VIDs on Okay. One of them is a guy in a sharkskin suit standing next to a McLaren and in the driveway's a g wagon and a woman comes up and says, man, that's a really wonderful, beautiful cards, so thank you appreciate it. What do you do for a living. I'm in real estate. Man. That must be expensive to maintain a car like this. What is the cost to ensure he says, let's see for this car and the g Wagon over there, they're forty five dollars each month. And she said no way. He says, yes, there's a little known secret in auto, in the auto industry, and everybody is cheated. Now, then mister Wonderful did a commercial on TikTok turned the insurance industry on its ear, saying that most people are paying ten times what they should for car insurance. And then I think his name was mister Wonderful and then from the Shark Tank, and then I see countless ads. Now, Brian, I don't know, or John, do you guys look at TikTok or Instagram at all any of those VIDs ever?
Speaker 6: Rare?
Speaker 2: I don't, Okay, so you don't. You have not seen these ads? And they say base. Basically, what they're saying is everyone is getting cheated everyone, And I'm going to try to bring one up if I can. But they say everyone is being cheated. But do you know what they're talking about?
Speaker 15: Well, I've never even seen it, so but I'm taking it. They don't offer a solution out of this. It's not well, you know, it's no they sure.
Speaker 2: Do, they sure do. No, no, hey, hey, hey, hey, they they do offer they say, check out, you know, check it out this link. Hit this link. Obviously I never hit it. I guess I should before I open my mouth. But so I don't know. I can't believe there must be people listening that have seen these ads on tick. Do you see them all the time saying that you're paying too much? You're paying too much And I'm trying to find one right now, and I might try to find one during the break, So you have not heard of them, and they obviously if this guy is saying he's paying forty five dollars a month on a McLaren, he's a liar.
Speaker 15: Right, It's not true. So I mean that's I mean, there's all sorts of clickbait like that. Also, I'm sure you can find where it says if you do this, you know, you'll lose one hundred pounds by you know, in the next month by simply you know, following, or you.
Speaker 2: Can or you can grow hair, right they you know, the growing hair thing. But there seems to be a plethora lately of these car insurance adds, specifically, not house insurance, but car insurance anyway, So I am curious and again, if I find it. Brian I'm going to run it by you, but right now, are what's going on with insurance right now? Are all rates just going up, up, up, up up, Like when they have problems with the housing market, the casualty property casualty market, do they pass along losses to the auto department? I mean, do all the rates go up or do they keep them independent?
Speaker 15: No, they're more independent. I mean, not that you couldn't see some overflow, but for the most part, it's pretty independent. As a matter of fact, I just met with a carrier that was talking about the fact they're taking a rate decrease on auto now certainly not on home in Colorado, but on auto. So that tells me it's pretty independent. So you know, I don't foresee a huge rate increase on auto this year.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, John Fuller, have you seen have you seen any of those come ons for low priced car insurance?
Speaker 6: No, I've not seen those. But let me touch on that issue you guys just chatted about. I mean, I look, Brian knows firsthand about rates here in Colorado and stuff. But here's what I do see, and here's what I am concerned about. We just had massive fires in California. You know, we've had We've had huge fires in Colorado, We've had massive hail seasons. I mean, sometimes we have no natural you know, we have hurricanes in Florida and up through Georgia and North Carolina and all that. I mean, these insurance companies are getting just walloped this year in property and casualty claims. And I can tell you that when that kind of stuff happens, the collateral consequence is that these insurance companies get very very very stingy with the money they go in to protect their home turf mode, and they don't want to pay any claims out unless they're forced to do so.
Speaker 2: So it of course all of us.
Speaker 6: You know, I remember when you know, the State Farm had such a huge exposure when the big hurricanes came into New Orleans, you know, many years ago, and I mean we didn't I don't think we got a single case settled with State Farm for about a year or a year and a half that didn't require litigation, even though they were completely legitimate cases. The adjusters just had no authority to settle those cases, and so we ended up having and the file everything. So it definitely affects them. They may be local and setting their rates based on their exposure. But they are national companies and these big, huge, you know, disasters definitely hit the bottom line.
Speaker 2: Brian, what do you think?
Speaker 15: Oh, yeah, no, I and I specifically agree. I agree with you specifically on the property side, because there's been so many you know, people will often ask why haven't had a claim? You know, why am I Why are my rates going up? And you know, I say, well, if you get ten people in the room, you know, I'll promise you probably seven of them have had a claim. And that's the reason it spreads out. But as far as how they pay out, John obviously deals with that side of it more. I do see a difference in carriers on how they pay out. Certain carriers seem to pay out much easier than others. But no doubt that when a carrier has an enormous amount of losses, it doesn't surprise me at all. They're they become tighter on their ability to pay out.
Speaker 7: But my hope is that, uh.
Speaker 15: You know, we can also help if something is legitimate claim and it seems uh pretty much no brainer. We usually have pretty good success of getting involved if we need to.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we have more coming up. I I just want to take uh this real quick thing here. Bob Uh from lam Landscaping, he has a comment. Go ahead, Bob hey, tom so that.
Speaker 16: I'm serious thing you're talking about. There's like five of them, but every one of them says the exact same thing. And what they say is is your payments blah blah blah blah blah. And they're blaming it on the agents. What they're saying is and I call it, it's just a blissiting to your number. They're saying that the agents make fifty percent of all your all all your payments and that's why your insurance is so high. And Anon, one of them says the same thing. I'm for sure that's the same company US in five different advertisements. But that's how it is. And then when you call them, they just send you off the summer, you know, like a different insurance time to try to quote your insurance. It's a bogus thing.
Speaker 2: And and and they claim they claim if you go they claim, if you go direct, you're gonna save a crapload of money.
Speaker 17: Yeah see us.
Speaker 18: Do you know me?
Speaker 16: I watched some of these things for you, and I saw that the other day and I'm like, okay, I'm gonna call it. It's just a way for them to get to you another insurance covers right to the.
Speaker 2: Quote that's all, and it never and it never, and then I then I'd like to say, well, wait a minute, where's that forty five dollars a month come in? You know? I wonder if they could ever quote that. I want to talk to Brian about commissions and stuff, and I want to dispel a lot of the myths about insurance. Coming up, I'm Tom Martine, Thank you, Bob. We have more coming up. Three or three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. By the way, I want to remind you eight eight eight heating dot com. Put that to the test. They say the lowest price on high efficiency units, including high efficiency mini splits. That's eight eight eight heating dot Com. My friends Garrett and his team three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six. Hey Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So some other people are texting me about those TikTok and Instagram as they got suckered in, and really all it is is their aggregating leads and giving quotes. But Brian, Yep, there's no way that an agent makes fifty percent of the premium, is there.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 15: I would love to know the carrier that would pay that on average what you'd find, I would love it, but it would be uh ten is what you'd normally find.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you don't save going I don't know why people think that.
Speaker 15: Now there you get the same exact rate if you were to go direct, But there's a lot of carriers that won't even offer a direct rate like that. They require you go through an agent. So you know, it makes no sense to do the work yourself because it is work having to shop through all those make sure coverages are the same or there's endorsements that are missing. But then on the flip side, I don't know why people go to a captive agent because they go to the one company hoping that's going to be the best option, and you know the chance of that being is very slim.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, Brian. Compass insurance three h three nine nine six nine thousand, and they do insurance checkups every day, so I appreciate that. Brian. Now here's what I want to tell you. Jr. Texted me a picture. He says, they're showing up all over JR. Believe it or not, You're not the only one that told me this. There's signs on various facilities and they say Colorado, Uh. Something at the top has cut off immigrants, no mass deportations and it says report suspected ICE activity and it gives a number where you can report ICE, know your rights, And so it's some group for illegal immigration protection. I just have to say this. I know I wish Major Mark Mouth Major was on the on the mic right now, but he's not in the studio just yet. But how do you come down in favor of illegal immigration front? And because the people they're targeting right now are people who are in the country illegally and have committed crimes or have a criminal record, how does anyone in their right mind come down in favor of leaving them alone? Where do you justify this?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 2: I heard AOC that congresswoman who's half crazy do a video talking about how the United States is taking a black eye because billionaire Elon Musk and President Trump are running amok, drying up charity and humanitarian causes all over the world. If you read some of the things being cut by Doge. If you read them, you would be shocked. They're not taking baby milk formula, baby formula out of nurseries. They're stopping the most ridiculous crap you have ever seen in your life. And do you know that they have found on the roles hundreds and hundreds of people one hundred and fifty years or older collecting social security? Do you know that? Did you ever see that TV series Shameless?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were collecting. They were collecting classic show. Oh my god, they were collecting social security, unemployment every government doled out check. They were getting it all from US eight. No, they know because US eight is for foreign people or for foreign countries, not for here. But but it reminds you of Shameless. I swear to god, they are just unbelievable and how this is what I don't understand. And I wish anybody just had the nerve to call me, and I promise you the utmost respect. I will listen to you. How do you come down against what they're doing?
Speaker 3: So far?
Speaker 2: Fifty billion dollars a day being saved? What are you kidding me? How can anyone be against it?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 2: This is not political, it's economic. Why do you want to support useless bs all over the planet. I mean, did you know that that news organization, and I don't know if it's the only one, Politico was actually being subsidized. Their subscriptions were being subsidized because their subscriptions they lose on every subscription. Now where the hell? And then Politico would write good things about the White House when it was Democrat and they were being subsidized by USAID, And there were other private media organizations being supported in the effort. What they say is to equalize the voices. Who please call me. I promise you you will get priority. Call me and justify it. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: Ripped off bad news, You need advice, who.
Speaker 3: You don't have the come running just as fast as we can show.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 10: No Tom Martine, Welcome, Welcome my friends to the only and I mean that the only show of It's guy and we are here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goal in life is to make your life just a little bit better. If we can help recoup money. Maybe from a contractor that oki dokya, Maybe from some kind of dentist that didn't do the right thing. Maybe from a landlord, uh, trying to put the screws to you by not fixing your furnace on a cold night. That's what the show's about. The phone number is so easy. I love this phone number. Three oh three Martino. That number works on and off the year. Please tell your friends, your family, anybody that needs help. Hell, tap the person on the shoulder in the grocery store and tell them, Hey, if you ever need help, three to zho three Martino, or you can email him at help at troubleshooter dot com. I'm sure they'll find that a little strange, but what the hell? Hey joining me today? Of course John Fuller, Personal injury CEO dot com. Not only is John basically a co host and fills in for Tom and myself here on the show, but he's also my attorney, my personal injury attorney. And on top of that, we have to Deputy's deputy docs in studio and Deputy Bow. What are you guys up to?
Speaker 11: Just hanging out trying to stay warm? I do have a small update from last year.
Speaker 10: So I got it when I walk in the studio and I look over there, and that damn thing's on three. Who put it on three?
Speaker 11: It was on six when we came in. By no, I turned it down.
Speaker 10: I feel like I'm the only person in the world that has normal skin temperature. If anybody walked into the studio, it's like one hundred and five degrees. It's a sna in here.
Speaker 11: Blame Michael Brown, not us.
Speaker 10: John Fuller, what's going on with you, sir?
Speaker 6: Just living the dream?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you're living the dream. I bet you're in better weather, aren't you don't why just a little bit?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I know, kid. Where are you at today, Florida?
Speaker 6: I am in Florida?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 10: You guys, you're getting You had some hurricane damage and some other stuff you're still dealing with. I assume we are.
Speaker 6: We are. We're getting to the end of it though, but it just takes a lot of hands on stuff, and you know, we're very fortunate. A lot of people are still are still dealing with, you know, that storm damage as if it happened just yesterday.
Speaker 10: I was going to ask you that, you know, they talk a lot. What was at South Carolina and North Carolina one of them where you know, there was people living in tents. They got like, you know, seven hundred and fifty bucks. You know, it became a whole political thing as well. But generally speaking, I mean, my god, you know what I'm answering my own question. As you know, we've been looking for a place out in sly Dell, out around New Orleans. And when you drive from the airport across any of the bridges over to the Slydell area or across the lake patcha train. I got to tell you, man, there's apartment complexes that got hit by Katrina that are completely completely just in shambles. No one has lived there for twenty years. There's homes where there's still tarps on the roofs. It looks like the damn thing hit six seven months ago. But generally speaking, in nicer areas, I mean, when something goes through say Miami, like a hurricane, and there's some damage or in the keys somewhere like that, what generally happens is everything rebuilt within a couple years.
Speaker 6: Well, ITAs, it takes every bit of that. I mean, you know, like I've told you a million times, here's the deal, you don't know what you don't know, okay, And what happens when you have one of these big storms is the damage is so extensive that everywhere you turn there's just destruction. And then we have to start rebuilding. So the area that you that got hit in this last round of hurricanes Helene and Milton, what you've got it? I mean that happened in October. It's now middle of February, and these people are still waiting to try to get permits to even start rebuilding their home. And you might say, well, how could that possibly be. Well, here's the deal. They're not allowed to rebuild their home at all if the damage is over a certain threshold. And literally they haven't heard from the federal government yet about whether or not that house's damage is over that threshold. And so the people are just in this catch twenty two where they can't rebuild because they can't get permits, and yet they can't live in their home because it's been destroyed. And now we're going on months and months and it's just crazy.
Speaker 10: So well, the same thing, John, the same things kind of going on in California with the fires.
Speaker 6: Truly it is, Yeah, it doesn't matter where it is, that's the same thing you've got. You've got this intersection of insurance, of federal regulations, of local building departments, and you've got a massive shortage of contractors and materials and tradesmen and everything. You know, with the perfect storm.
Speaker 10: We've talked about it so much. Those California fires are way worse than what the Boulder fires were. I mean, if you lived through something like that, it's just bad.
Speaker 6: In the middle of the Boulder Urine area, I'll exactly the same.
Speaker 10: But well, that's right, but I'm saying it affected a lot more dollars in California. But here's what blew me away. Almost everybody it was like ninety eight percent. We're all under insured. And you just touched on one of the big reasons why when there's something devastating like that, the contractors they can start charging more. The supplies run low, they can start charging more. The insurance goes up, so everybody, everybody ends up under insured, even if you did have the correct amount of insurance before that happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right, I mean, but though the lesson of voter was that, you know, listen, we've all gone through this area or this this timeframe when when the real estate market was going up. We see it in this property tax debacle that we've got where all of a sudden, you know, your property values have doubled over the last yeah, you know, five or six years, and then the taxes go up accordingly, and people, you know, cry foul as if there's something wrong with that. But the real problem is when you insured your home at four hundred thousand dollars and then all of a sudden it's worth six or seven, which carries time to rebuild it, you don't have enough insurance.
Speaker 10: No in fact, so you could literally be upside down, not be able to rebuild, and still have a mortgage payment for twenty five hours.
Speaker 6: Venture to guess that half of the people up in Lewisville and Voter were in exactly that situation.
Speaker 10: And that's why it's important. You know, we talk about compass insurance a lot, and I think they were on last hour. But the bottom line is if you haven't checked to see if you have the proper coverage. And I mean that like just like John said, think about it. If you bought your house ten fifteen years ago and you have not looked at the value of your house in a while, you could be so underinsured it's crazy. And let me tell you the insurance companies, especially if you're around a fire zone, they don't care. In fact, they're the ones that make out in it because you have a maximum payout of say four or five hundred, and you can't rebuild that piece of property for less than eight nine hundred thousand. It's crazy. Hey, Tom, what is your comment on Doze?
Speaker 19: A great show as usual? The comment really is, can we agree that we've got a president that's been a little loose with the truth in the last few years?
Speaker 10: No, you mean you don't? You mean Trump or you mean Biden?
Speaker 19: I mean Trump?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 10: Okay, Well, how has he been loose in the screws?
Speaker 19: Loose in the truth?
Speaker 10: Loose in the truth? How would that be? What has he said that's not true?
Speaker 3: Tom?
Speaker 10: Are you homeless? I'm just curious.
Speaker 19: No, I'm not homeless.
Speaker 10: All right, go ahead, how's he loose?
Speaker 19: Well, I'll get to the point.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, Actually, why don't you start with exactly what you said? Give me an idea, what is that? I have not seen a president in at least four years that actually talks to the press every day answers questions, tells you exactly what he's thinking of and has done so many good things in a short time. I just have never seen it. So I want to know how he's loose in the screws.
Speaker 19: I'm sorry, it's not loose in the screws. It's loose with the truth.
Speaker 10: Okay, loose with the truth. How what is he said? That's not true?
Speaker 19: Well, we'll take the dose thing he had said first, That was said there was fifty million dollars used for condoms to Hamas. Trump repeated that and said there was one hundred million dollars lost by giving condoms.
Speaker 10: To who cares? Who cares? What the hell is the damn difference? What the what the hell is it difference? Fifty or one hundred million in condoms.
Speaker 6: For hony condoms would have been an appropriate number to send to Hamas.
Speaker 10: How about if it was ten I don't even care if it was ten dollars? Who cares?
Speaker 2: Pop me up?
Speaker 10: Is this guy defending the guy is saying Trump is loose with the truth, Tom, I mean, it's crazy. Instead of what about the people who are one hundred and fifty years old?
Speaker 2: What about the people on Social Security? Are over one hundred and fifty years old. You all for that?
Speaker 19: Well, is that anecdotal or have you seen the actual proof of names and numbers?
Speaker 2: It's just well, no, I haven't seen the actual proof.
Speaker 6: So Tom, Okay, Well Tom, just like, let me get this ice rate of an elementary school.
Speaker 2: No, you have not, Tom, I'm asking Tom. I'm asking a simple question, seriously, and I promised I would give you your say. So are you saying that every dime they're claiming to save, they're lying about it, that it didn't exist, and it does exist? So government waste does exist. Are they helping getting are they helping to get rid of it? That?
Speaker 19: I could not tell you for sure until I see accurate and verifiable number.
Speaker 10: Tom. No one's going to show you anything. It's just not going to happen. You're either going to have to trust you.
Speaker 2: No, No, what would be Tom? What would be an accurate and verifiable number on the Republican side, Because you seem to take everything on the Democratic side at face value? So tell me what what constitutes for you? And I know what Tom's saying. Tom's saying, Look, if they were really saving money, I'm all for it, But I don't believe.
Speaker 10: I think they're exaggerating, and I want to see proof. I don't agree with you, Tom, I bet, I mean Martino. I think what Tom is saying is stuff like this. I don't think we should get rid of the Education Department. Tom. If that would save us money, should we get rid of it and gut it?
Speaker 19: No, I don't believe.
Speaker 10: It doesn't matter what Tom. He's got a theory in his mind how this country should run, so it has many can do with saving money. Okay, I want to go back to Look, that's Tom.
Speaker 2: Tom. You might have disagreement on whether offices should be open or closure, what they should do, but what I'm asking, in basic common sense is what can what it constitutes verifiable information on the waste they're.
Speaker 19: Cutting an audit by a Commerce Department official.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you understand that the Oversight Community the office of a the the the there is an office of the federal government that's supposed to be doing what DOGE is doing. They're actually a target of DOGE. So they wouldn't actually probably be credible to audit themselves, would they?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 19: Probably not, but you know they expector generals were fired pretty much across the board and that was their job and they're gone now.
Speaker 2: So you don't approve, So you basically don't approve or don't believe we're saving all of this money.
Speaker 19: I just want an audit, uh, you know, the condom thing, the gross amounts that they say the I would like to see some type of verification because these people are justifying their jobs of cutting this and I you know, would like some you know, real numbers or at least some something to lean on other than anecdotes.
Speaker 10: Okay, how do you argue with that?
Speaker 2: So you think they're just like I know what he's saying. He's saying they're searching for headlines and they're not really doing what they say.
Speaker 10: Okay, well no, what do you know what he's saying is I don't believe the damn word Eline or Trump or anybody says. That's what he's saying. And there's no way to fix stupid.
Speaker 2: Now, now, I went, hold on, I want to verify it.
Speaker 19: Hold On, bro, I don't doubt.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something. You're gonna have to do a little research, But I got something for you. Seriously, Tom, and again, Mark, I don't mind you. I don't mind you dogging on people when they call. I don't mind it at all. It's your opinion. But I did tell them if they called in disagreement and that they feel, I want to hear I want to hear them out. So here's what here's here's what I'm seeing. I'm seeing verifiable information on AI that gives you the links support for persecuted communities. They were giving money to Yazidi communities in Iraq essential for rebuilding, water, electricity, healthcare and education. That's been totally cut. They had healthcare in Syria and that was for uh They suspended all of that and AIDS programs. Now people might disagree with it. Agricultural research was halted in a network of research laboratories around the world. Global health programs again for AIDS, and all of these uh UH for for HIV mainly child health and nutrition. Four billion has been cut. These funds were supposedly combating malaria HIV to regulus. Again, this is AI which is going to have a bend toward them. USA cuts too. They had transgender studies in whatever this country is, I can't pronounce it, and advancing LBGYQ in the Arab countries, advancing the cause for and what they say is for humanitarian purposes. In other words, they I guess they feel like they're being persecuted. And so there's millions of dollars going there. There were hundreds and hundreds of people cut from social security that were dead. So you know, here's an easy thing to do, Tom, just call up and keep denying and say no, that's not true, that's not true. That's not true. So I don't know what. I don't know how to combat it, but do some research. I got to take a break on Tom Martino. More coming up, Hi, Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter. Three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So, man, the world has changed, hasn't it. A lot of people aren'thappy about it. I say, it is what it is. The pendulum always swings, always back and forth it does. This country is good that way it goes. Maybe it's been going too far to left, too far to the right. Maybe we have another comment on DOJE Department of Government Efficiency. And really I made the comment that I don't know how people don't want to route out waste. And when I hear AOC, it's as if we are the most evil people in the world defending programs that seem ridiculous. Now, you know, you might want to argue on some of these child healthcare programs, thinking, come on, you know these kids need help. But not only did they cut the programs, but they could find no trails that the money was going where it was supposed to go. Do you know that in the Ukraine? I swear to God there is so much money missing that Zelenski even says we didn't get any of that money. Where did it go? I mean, think about that, God, I mean, they just billions just go disappearing. Ralph, go ahead, you can have your say on this. I'm not going to interfere. What do you have to say about doj.
Speaker 7: Hey, you guys really attacked Tom there. I didn't think that was really appropriate and he was just trying to give his opinion.
Speaker 10: But maya, did you think I did?
Speaker 2: You think I attacked him? Roll? Seriously, do you think I did?
Speaker 7: You did not?
Speaker 2: You did it?
Speaker 7: Mark did?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 7: Okay, I thought it was It was unacceptable that he did that, and he spewed his hate over the airways and I don't like that. And I listened to you guys every okay, okay, But what he was trying to say is Trump has been lying and he's not correcting himself. And even even Elon said in the White House that yes, he's gonna he's gonna say things that aren't true and that's just part of the system. There's been no money sent to a Moss for condoms, zero zero zero, not fifty million, not one hundred million, and Trump has not corrected that. So until he corrects that, that means he's lying to the American people to get a headline zero money. And also there's been no.
Speaker 2: No I you know what's funny about this, I've never heard about the condom thing to begin with, is this widely publicized where they're saying that this was one.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's the biggest thing he said, and that's what he keeps on saying again and again, and even yesterday he said it again. One hundred million, zero dollars are being sent to Hamas to begin with, and especially not fifty million for condoms. For so him saying that is to get people to lie to the American people. And that's the fact.
Speaker 20: Mark.
Speaker 7: You might not like that, but that is not a true statement, and that's not just mistakes Ralph.
Speaker 2: According according to Reuters, there's zero verifiable evidence that money has been spent for condoms anywhere, not just Toomas and there was no there there was no such program. Recent claim surface regarding this, however, nothing. It's been debunked by several fact checking organizations and not one dollar has been traced to Hamas or anywhere for condoms.
Speaker 6: So how many of the how many of the prior administration came out after the fact and said, yeah, you know what, you're right, Joe really was completely out of his mind and incapable of running the country and we live about that and we're really sorry and we shouldn't have done it, and we're going to do better going forward. How many of them did that?
Speaker 7: So why doesn't Trump be bigger than that and say I made a hun Come on, fake American people, you come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but John, John, I think Rolf has a point. No, Seriously, when a president off the cuff, when a president makes off the cuff comments, they're serious. When when he says, hey, you know, we're tired of this waist. We're sending one hundred million or billion or whatever whatever we're sending for condoms in Gaza and it's not true. He should say he most spoke. I mean, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 10: How did misspeak? In other words, how do you know that he knew he misspoke? The guy says, whatever's on his mind.
Speaker 7: Correct the record today then, because that's still the headline is about condoms.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, it is a double standard. You're talking on a double standard. Man. The Biden administration lied to us about that sucker for so long.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable about everything. They've lied to us about everything. I mean, I'm still convinced. And I don't know if you are. I don't know where you are politically. I don't care.
Speaker 10: I just want to a hard guests.
Speaker 2: Do you believe well no, no, do you believe that Biden received millions of dollars from communist China?
Speaker 14: I have no idea.
Speaker 16: Show what's the facts.
Speaker 7: There's no facts on that. But we're talking about this. But you know something, he's not.
Speaker 2: The Princip's what's weird. We have That's what's weird. Can you prove White House is that a man called Can you prove that a man called Robert F. Kennedy is not? It is real? Can you prove it? Have you had do you have verifiable evidence?
Speaker 7: You're right, I guess we could go down this that we're actually into simulization, but we could also just be honest about this is their government waste, absolutely, So why do they have to say things that are not true? Like the condoms? This is their big selling point. It's not about anything else, it's it's it's about the condoms and about somebody who's.
Speaker 10: Got They called Trump hitler. They said we would never have a democracy again. They lied every five seconds. And you're getting stuck on this thing. And I bet we find out we did spend a lot of money on condom somewhere.
Speaker 2: That's the way it normally goes.
Speaker 10: How we spend money on tampon for the men's bathrooms.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's kind of the way it goes. Though, is that you have to you have to understand that, you know, we have this this cycle over and over again, and and it just gets ridiculous. We hear from Trump that the trend de Aaragua issue is going on in Aurora and it's terrible, And we listened to ten days straight of Aurora and Denver telling them that that's completely wrong and that's absolutely untrue, and it never happened, and everything else, and that Trump's just a liar about all these issues. And then lo and behold they just lock up fifty of them, and and and it turns out yes they do, and they're condemning the buildings, and every single bit of that was true. So we just keep going in these circles and stuff. I think you just need to lighten up and not get hung up on this condom to hamas thing in general, the concept is the same, and we agree government and abuse is not acceptable and needs to be rooted out. If it turns out that we sent condoms to homage, that's wrong. If it turns out that we didn't, that doesn't mean that we don't have a problem.
Speaker 7: So you guys are supercritical. You guys are hypocritical, and you know you are.
Speaker 6: It is it absolutely is, Ralph.
Speaker 2: I get what you're saying. You're saying if you misstate and exaggerate, you should correct it. But I I got to tell you that goes for everyone in politics. Man. Have you ever heard Biden come out and say, by the way, and then correct something. Have you ever heard him ever? Yeah?
Speaker 7: And and the White House usually corrects and say he misspoke. This White House doesn't say that. He doesn't say he didn't.
Speaker 6: He didn't mean it.
Speaker 7: It's not true. It's not true.
Speaker 9: This is true.
Speaker 10: Well, truth to man, everybody you know, for him, Ralph, they didn't know what we can do. Hey, listen, man, Okay, now now that he got the popular voted, still not good enough for these Trump syndrome people. It'll never be good enough. Ever, it doesn't matter. Trump could cure cancer tomorrow and Ralph would complain about.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, Ralph, may I ask you, Ralph, do you think the country is on the wrong track?
Speaker 7: Absolutely? Absolutely? And guess what. I've been in there. Do you think I've been in the state. Do you I've been in the state for sixty one years? By the way, do.
Speaker 2: You think that under Biden the country was in it? Do you think under Biden and the Democrats the country was in a better trajectory?
Speaker 7: Absolutely? The economy was booming. The conomy has never been better.
Speaker 10: Ever, Trump's derangement right there, How do you, honest to god, how do you argue I got to take a break?
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, Ralph, don't don't call me a hypocrite, and don't say it, and let you have your say, okay, three oh three seven one three talks seven on three eight two five five. You know Denverregen dot com is on my list for stem cell therapy and for hair regeneration. They do a great job and I'll never forget how they got me out of pain. They're really good. That's one aspect that I want to keep harping on Denverregen dot com.
Speaker 6: Trankly what he was doing?
Speaker 10: Hi, Tom Martino, Hey Tom Shannon. Shannon found a SoundBite from Trump. Listen to this man. This that Ralph, make sure you're listening please.
Speaker 2: It's from a Musk right.
Speaker 21: This is big nus for one hundred and two undred million dollars a year, serious, bunny, missus.
Speaker 3: Musk.
Speaker 18: You said on x that an example of the fruit that you have cited was fifty million dollars of condoms was sent to Gaza. But after fact check, this apparently Gaza in Mozambique and the program was to protect.
Speaker 4: Them against HIV.
Speaker 18: So can you correct these statements. It wasn't sent to hamas actually to us into Musambi, which makes sense why condoms was sent there.
Speaker 17: And how can we make sure that.
Speaker 18: All the statements that you said were correct, so we can't trust what you're saying.
Speaker 21: Well of courst well, some of the things that I say will be incorrect and should be corrected. So nobody's going to pad one thousands, I mean any you know, we will make mistakes, but will act quickly to correct any mistakes. So, you know, if the I'm not sure we should be sending fifty million dollars with the condoms anywhere. Frankly, I'm not sure that's something Americans would be really excited about. And that's really an enormous nuber of contents when you think about it. But you know, if it went to Mozavika Setagauza, I'm like, Okay, that's not as bad, but still, you know, why are we doing that?
Speaker 10: Well, how do you argue with that? They corrected it. The actual reporter that went and did the leg work to find out if it was real corrected them and said it was fifty million to whatever country. She kept saying, I've never and heard of it, But my god, I don't care once again what country it is, unless if it's our own country, Why the hell are we sending fifty million dollars in condoms to whatever beach community is talking about or whatever when we have people that fought in Vietnam and other wars on our streets homeless.
Speaker 2: By the way, just so you know, okay, the pricing on those condoms for the government, they bought one point sixty seven billion condoms.
Speaker 10: Well that's impossible time because according to rolf in caller Tom, they didn't even exist. It never happened. There was no condoms.
Speaker 2: They went to Mozambique, Adam and there were one billion up one point six.
Speaker 10: I'd like Tom or Ralph please call back. And now that you've heard that and you heard the reporter explain.
Speaker 6: This is exactly what happens every single time. You can change one little minute fact and it's like, oh okay, well maybe there was some truth in it. Yeah, but the original.
Speaker 10: Thing was a lie.
Speaker 2: It was all lies. It's just a lie.
Speaker 6: But it's like, yeah, but they talk, let's.
Speaker 2: Do And by the way, people really problems, questions, complaints, give us a call please three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Hey, Paul, what is your comment?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I just wanted to comment on that person that was on the phone this minute ago. Uh, Tom, I guess it was Yeah, I only know a fairy tale world this to living in. But the comedy was not federal when Biden was in there.
Speaker 19: Period.
Speaker 9: I've been struggling every since.
Speaker 14: I'm making almost thirty bucks an hour and I'm still struggling. You know, it's it's it's ridiculous. You can't talk to these people. They're one side. You don't see their agenda. Then it's not right period.
Speaker 10: They hate the fact they're gutting the government. The federal government was never intended to be this big. We were never intended the entire world.
Speaker 2: You have to admit Trump is not doing one thing that he hasn't promised. I mean, it's not like it's a surprise. He campaigned on these very issues. He campaigned on every single issue he's doing. I mean, apparently the people wanted it. I mean, look, he's got the highest approval rating of of any recent presidents after election. You know, look at what was one of the first things Biden did. You remember one of the first major things he did. The boy got into office.
Speaker 10: The first thing he did was opened it up. Then they lied about it for four years.
Speaker 2: There was nothing things mark mark the border was one. The shutdown of the pipeline causing massive layoffs was another, and then the and then the withdrawal from Afghanistan that soldiers, and then and then the that is the sloppiest withdrawal, since I'm curious, Yellow, that is like the worst billions of dollars, billions of.
Speaker 10: Dollars of equipment least spent and equipment left.
Speaker 2: But people would justify it. That's the thing. People will justify.
Speaker 10: Then he he left and right not long ago, saying under his watch, not an American soldier died. I mean, how do you say that after that whole withdrawal. But nope, I didn't hear. I didn't hear wall for Tom talking about that one.
Speaker 2: All right, Now, hold on real quick, John Fuller. I got a text here, really seriously, they say that, I tell them, Well, let me do this after the break. I got this for John Fuller. After the break. I'm going to talk about the communication thing right after this. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three zero three seven one three Talk seven one three eight two five five Man Lively Show. Today we got John Fuller with us, and I do have a question John. I do say this in the ads. I say, if you call John you can talk to him before you asking questions, and then afterwards you get a cell phone, you can call her text anytime. Somebody said, what do I mean if you don't have a cell phone up front and you give out the general number, how do you get to talk to John? Is he always available? Does he call you back? This was just a very practical question. They call that three oh three, five nine seven forty five hundred, So they say, I want to talk to John, I mean, because obviously you're not going to answer that phone, right John.
Speaker 6: Well, sometimes I do, but you know, as an example, right now, I'm on the radio, so I'm not answering the phone. If you call my office, you're going to get my capable staff. But I am always available. And if a client would you know, wants to visit with me about their case, We're going to get on the phone and chat. If if I need to give them a call back after, you know, after the show or something, I'll give them a call back. But it's not a secret. My cell number is always available. I'm avail in the office. But you know the point is that we are available. My whole staff is available. We answer the phone, we call people back, We rarely, actually rarely have to call people back. We're there to answer the calls.
Speaker 10: So am I understanding if someone calls you at three am? This is going to be cool.
Speaker 6: That's that's only you that does have marrow.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I am back in the you know he did. I brought the bottom line you can ask to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I brought that up, Tom, because we did have a listener call him at three am one time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, we didn't. We did. Yeah, Wow, was it important?
Speaker 3: John?
Speaker 6: I don't recall. You know, back many years ago, I used to handle criminal defense cases as well. And you know, my card has had my cell number on it for twenty three years now, so there's a few of them out there. But but those guys used to be the ones that would call me at two or three in the morning, and it usually they'd pick up the phone they call, and then they'd set the phone down, so I'd sit there and listen to the entire police interaction over the phone. When I'd wake up the next morning and listen to the to the message and stuff. So it's quite humorous. But no, I don't get too many calls after hours. Not bad after hours.
Speaker 2: That's scary. That really is scary. Now is Paul a new caller? I thought I took him. Paul, you were done with them? Tom, Well, Paul, are you done? Go ahead, make your make your final points fall.
Speaker 14: Well, I just you know, I just like I said, Man, we'll talk to people like you can't talk to people like that. You know, one side didn't that's it. You don't see then.
Speaker 9: It's not right scary.
Speaker 10: So I was just shocked here they were both so wrong on the condoms, like they didn't exist at all. And it comes to find out they one the guy got the wrong country. Who cares? It wasn't right here in the good old us of.
Speaker 14: A exactly like you said, dude, you know we got vedrooms of stuff that are homes outside and don't worry about other trumps. We could need to worry about ourselves first.
Speaker 10: Wish we shipped one of those to Raff's dad.
Speaker 2: Okay, now three O three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five, taking all your calls, problems, questions, complaints. Truly, we're having fun doing it too, So stick around for the Troubleshooter show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 4: Bad news didn't need advice.
Speaker 7: So you don't have the.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast.
Speaker 5: As we can.
Speaker 4: Trouble Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 16: Come man, This is.
Speaker 5: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm Tom Martino, and I welcome you to the show. This hour brought to you by one Clear Choice Garage Doors. If you're looking for or great service new garage doors, new openers, any part of the door, any part of the opener, they do it all and their price on one Clear Choice Garage Doors. All of their prices clearly marked on the website. Chappie started this with full transparency twenty four to seven service one Clear Choice Doors dot Com. Somebody says you never give out that number, Tom, I'm gonna give it out now. Seven to zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven. I want to welcome John Fuller with us Fuller Law, and we're talking about personal injury. If you have any questions on that, we're talking about any and all things you want to talk about. Really, So, John, what is on your mind in general in your field of expertise? Are there any changing laws? Anything you're seeing abusive wise? Are you seeing any just really if you you know so many times we have experts on and we take calls and inquiries, but I just want to ask you straight up, anything particular that you think people need to know that maybe occurs all the time or whatever.
Speaker 6: You know, there are certain trends that just kind of repeat themselves, and we go through phases with some of these different companies out there. But one of the ones that I've seen recently a lot of is these insurance companies rushing out and trying to give offers to people before they've even had a chance to consult with an attorney and to try to settle their cases super fast and for not that much money. And that's that doesn't really happen all the time, but right now we seem to have a lot of that. And so if you're in that situation, do not accept an offer that literally is like ten minutes after your accident.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, that's really good advice. Do you feel that there are cases where they're simple enough that a consumer can handle them and you tell them just do this and see what they say.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, you know, there are cases that we don't accept because they don't require our assistance on them. But if you're injured and you're getting treatment, and you've got you know, you've got questions about which insurance companies should be paying for things and what order they should be paying. I mean, you're probably gonna be a lot better off by having us on your side. But if you're just you know, not injured, maybe you just had one little trip to the Cairo or two or something and you paid out of pocket, and it's just a simple case all the way around, you might be okay, but much more complicated than that, and it just opens the door to problems that are gonna, you know, come back to haunt you down the road.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got this text just now when we were talking. Does John believe in no dash cams?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: John believes in dash cams. I don't think that should be a secret to any of your listeners. I'm a big believer in dash cams.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: The one of the things that I hate more than anything, And you know, and maybe it's a function of you know, a lot of the police forces are spread pretty thin. They don't have enough people working in them and they just don't have time. But the thing that I hate more than anything is when a cop comes out to an accident scene, they get a he said, she said, and they just throw up their hands and say, well, the parties don't really agree, so I'm not going to write a ticket, and we don't really know who's at fault. And I can guarantee you that the cop not knowing who's at fault means we're going to get a denial from the insurance company. Happens every single time. So one way to eliminate that confusion, absolutely one hundred percent is to have that nice little dash cam up there taking a full color picture of exactly what happened in your accident. It can completely and it does frequently, completely eliminate disputed liability cases.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, obviously it can also count against you if you're an idiot, right I.
Speaker 6: Mean well, I mean listen, if you're at fault, you're at fault. I mean, that's that's the reality. But if you're not the worst thing in the world is to have some guys say, man, I'm really sorry, and by the time you get home, you get a call from their insurance saying we want to get your information. We understand that you were at fault for the accident. The guy completely changed his tune by the time he spoke to his own insurance company. Now from that moment on, you have this battle where we have to we have to fight about liability and many times there's nothing you can do. On those cases.
Speaker 2: You know you're absolutely right. So in any case, what I tell people all the evidence you can gather. I mean, obviously, if you're in the right, which you know, you're not going to seek legal help. If you don't think you're in the right, if you think you screwed up, I mean, then you have to get other kinds of help, and your insurance should help you. But in any case, all I mean cell phone people don't use their phones to take pictures. They think they're weird, so they don't want to do it. Dash cams are great, but the license plate of the other I mean, there are people that totally deny the encounter. Sometimes when authorities aren't called, they literally deny the entire incident. I've had those cases. I mean, it's crazy, okay.
Speaker 6: I mean that's why I tell people, and you know, get out of the car, take a picture, you know, take a picture of the other driver. Those cases do happen where the other driver just flat denis that they were even in the car.
Speaker 2: So cut off one person here, John, we have some one person here who said they were driving down and the RTD bus pulled out from its stop and never look and smash them into an oncoming car and they have injuries. Now, is is RTD self insured? How do they deal with RTD?
Speaker 6: So that's a hard question because there's more than one RTD. RTD itself is a government entity, and you're basically dealing with you know, state dollars and governmental immunity and all those issues. But we also have a private contractor that does an awful lot of RTD bus operation and everything else, and they have their own private insurance. So it depends on who and which one of the RTD buses you happen to get hit by or happen to, you know, be involved with. But you know it six and one half dozen, they're both. They get a lot of claims tom as you can imagine. So they're not very easy to deal with.
Speaker 2: Okay, But but for sure you need I mean you they do have some kind of coverage, is what you're saying.
Speaker 6: I mean, absolutely, government there's coverage. Yeah, No, you do have governmental immunity issues. If it's the UH, if it's truly RTD that is a government you know, funded, owned, operated program, and you do have governmental immunity.
Speaker 10: Issues that generally john that just per say, the driver or the employee doesn't That doesn't stop the city or whomever for paying out.
Speaker 6: Sure it does, Sure it does, it does. Yeah. So, I mean, here's the way governmental immunity works. The basic rule is we're immune unless we say that we're not immune. And one of the things that they statutorily say they're not immune for is car accident. But you still have to go through the motions of giving the statutory notice and all of the steps that you have to do to preserve your case or you will lose it forever, regardless of what the statutes say about them waving immunity. So it just is an extra procedural hurdle that if a person is not represented or they don't know, they can easily miss that deadline and later find out that they have no case at all.
Speaker 10: I guess more or less. What I was saying, though, is with the exception of a snowplow in a car park to where it shouldn't be or wherever, I mean, generally speaking, if you get hit by an RTD bus, and it's the bus's fault. If you get an attorney and go through the hoops, you're going to end up most likely getting paid. Correct.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but if you wanted to get in by a cop or but.
Speaker 10: If your attorney or a cop or anybody, but if your attorney wanted to actually go after that employee as well, that's a whole different hurdle.
Speaker 6: Well, we do go after the employee. It's just that that person is afforded coverage by being in the course of scope of their employment. I guess we're always saying you after the driver itself.
Speaker 10: But I'll put it two different ways. Let's say a city worker, let's say an RTD bus driver, and let's say just a private citizen that happens to be on the job for whatever, driving some parts around to deliver. So in either case, and let's say they were drinking. Let's say the RTD bus guy was drinking and that was proven and same with the other person, could you go after that RTD bus driver for that aspect of it?
Speaker 6: Okay, So listen to me really carefully. In every single lawsuit, we go after the actual driver, Okay, in every single lawsuit. Sometimes we also go after a company under a separate claim such as negligent entrustment or something like that. But we always go after the driver because it's the driver who was negligent got it. RTD itself didn't cause the accident. I mean, they may be by policy or bad hire or something, but that's a different deal. But we always go after the driver, and that driver is indemnified by the fact that they're operating within the course and scope of their employment. So that's why we have RTD paying for the damages caused by driver A, driver B, and driver C. We will almost never anything directly from that driver. That driver is going to be covered by their employer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's the way it is with most people, even when they have their own insurance.
Speaker 10: Well, I was thinking if Margie d was going to say, hey, we're only going to pay out whatever two million dollars, I'll just throw something out and you still wanted more. Could you go after that driver individually because he was drinking, but yet he's a uh state employee. I mean, could you still go after him for his house, his assets?
Speaker 6: Most likely not mark You're You're you're going to end up wanting to go after where the money is and that's going to be with the employer and got it, you.
Speaker 2: Know, no, and that that moves that that goes right into our next text. By the way, you got Mark, Mark hit on it. Yeah, So I'll take this break and then this text has to do with what Mark asked about going after other parties. Three oh three seven to one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Tom martinall.
Speaker 2: Three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Ken, go ahead, Ken, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Tom?
Speaker 17: Before Thanksgivin and you were talking about your back surgeon and I was driving and couldn't write down who the surgeon's name is and the practice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just so you know, he's not the only one that does it. Since it's been FDA he's one of the first. But since it's been FDA approved, there are a lot of really good surgeons that do it. But my surgeon, I love him, and he is really doing many of them is Joshua Beckman B E, C K, M A N. And he's a he's at Saint A's but he doesn't work well. He has a his practice I believe is called neurosurgery. One doctor Joshua Beckman, and he does the Uh, yeah, he does that one procedure that I had done that of course TOP procedure, right, Tom Yeah. Tops. Now, one thing, like I said, not everyone is eligible for it, unfortunately, because you know one of the yeah it's neurosurgery one dot com and but one of the things is that it's not. It's just not for everyone because people don't have the right structure for it. But it's something to look into. Now. One thing they have been doing, which is really amazing is since the TOPS procedure, which is really an implant that takes the place of your diseased facets and joints and disk, it's only a proof for one level, meaning one level at a time, not two levels together. So what they've been doing people that had multiple problems, and this is ingenious, they've been actually doing the fusion in the middle and putting a top's device on the top and on the bottom of the fusion for people that have big multi levels. Now, the reason for that is, as you probably know if you've looked into fusion there is fusions fail more than they don't, and they fail because of what's called adjacent disk disease where or adjacent facet disease where there's too much pressure put on the back and there's no movement. So by putting movement above and below the fusion, it actually relieves the adjacent disk disease part of it. It's ingesting. Now obviously what's yeah, Now the fusion then would not fail. Probably. Now here's what would be best if they would just the FDA I think they're going for it would do multi levels of the of the tops because you could literally just replace all of those facets period, just replace them. But you have to have really good bone density and stuff to do it. So I wish you the best. Man. There's nothing more terra I shouldn't say there's nothing more terrible. Back pain is very terrible, very terrible. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, John Fuller, we had that question that Mark brought up. Somebody wanted to know. They say, Tom, you always talk about ensuring what you're worth, because if if if you're insured for fifteen grand, and they look at your bank account or your house, or they do an asset search, they may say, screw you, we're not taking your insurance. We're gonna go after you. But does that really happen does. I knew a couple who wanted to save money again, and they were worth I know, they were worth about five million dollars and they had state minimums, and they got into an accident and the woman started They won but for another reason, but they were coming after the full monty and they they wouldn't take any insurance settlement. And I told her, I said, look, you underinsured yourself, and you're a very attractive target. And then another personal injury attorney said, they hardly ever sue people personally. What is your thought, what is your thought on that?
Speaker 6: Well, both of those things are true. I mean, so here's kind of the you know, the test. We generally just go after insurance money because it's the only money that's there most of the time, you know, most most people don't have twenty five or fifty thousand or one hundred thousand or three hundred thousand or any of those nice round you know dollar amounts, just sitting in the bank and waiting if they you know, to see if they cause an accident. But here's where it does come back to bite you. So if you have you know the means, and you choose to under insure by having, say twenty five grand, even though you're a multi millionaire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I take.
Speaker 6: When I get ready to take policy limits from a company and I know that I'm fixing the go to my client's uninsured motorists. The first thing we have to do is get permission. And guess what they do. They do an asset check on the defendant and they discover, oh my goodness, they actually do have enough money to satisfy a judgment, and they are voluntarily uninsured at that moment. And this does happen. The uninsured motorists company will pony up the amount of money that this person had an insurance and they will go after them directly for the entirety of the damages without paying a nickel out of the un proceeds. So it does happen.
Speaker 2: They know that, So, John, But you, personally, or most personal injury attorneys, you're telling me, no matter how attractive the defendant, you would rather not go after them.
Speaker 6: Well, no, I'm going after them. But the insurance company has more money than they do most of the time.
Speaker 2: You mean, so if they have okay, under in short on insured coverage. So here's your deal.
Speaker 6: Let's say that Let's say that you incur, you know, a ninety thousand dollars hospital bill, and you lost thirty thousand dollars of wages and all this stuff, right, and I want to go after you directly. And I look at you and I go, okay, wait a second. We've got one hundred thousand dollars insurance policy and maybe by the time you're done, I've got two hundred thousand dollars of damages. You know, what are you going to do here? I can get a hundred from the insurance company and that check clears the bank. Or I can go after you directly and not take the hundred, because going after you directly means I have to forego taking the hundred because the only way the insurance company would give me the hundred is if I sign a release that lets your guy off the hook. So if I don't sign that release and I go after you, direc I have to be able to find liquid assets that I can attach to that are in you know, in the vicinity of that two hundred thousand dollars that we believe are our damages are. Or I can take the hundred and then go after the uninsured motor is you know coverage that we have on our own clients policy. And perhaps my client gets made whole out of both of those insurance policies versus or spend.
Speaker 2: A year sign to collect money, or perhaps the UM goes after the uh uh goes after the other party because they say, look, yeah, we paid, but now we're going to subrogate.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, they can't do that if you've signed a complete release to get the underlying liability settlement. That's why you have to get permission from the UM carrier. So the UM carrier looks at it and says, Okay, we think the guys appropriately insured and we're going to give you permission to settle. Then they're going to be bound by that same release. It's a complete release that lets that guy out there okay, you know, okay God and for all of the damages. So that's why there is this permission component to go after you am.
Speaker 2: Now, John, I know it's a gamble, but we say this to people all the time. Make sure you ensure what you're worth, and you're kind of telling me if you have some healthy insurance, you may not have every And then also there has to be the loss itself. So this one couple I was talking about, while they're worth five million, and they only had fifteen thousand or whatever, the twenty five thousand minimum, the actual damages of the other driver. Actually we're not that bad. So you don't go after money just because someone has it. You actually have to have the loss, right.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's how saying actual damage is. You can't go after somebodey for more than your damages are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just because they're rich, exactly. But I guess what I'm saying is are you saying then? And I'm not trying to put you on the spot, but it's highly unlikely that people are sued individually if they have a healthy chunk of insurance.
Speaker 6: Once again, we always sue people individually. We we then have to make a determination on whether it is better and more strategically advantageous for our clients to take the limits of their their auto insurance versus not taking that money and trying to go after these people individually.
Speaker 2: You can't do both, Okay, got it? And you would say most of the time, the insurance is the way to go most of the time. Absolutely, Okay. Three three seven, one three five. That's very telling, that's very I'm glad you told me that because a lot of like I said, I'm not telling people to underinsure themselves voluntarily, but perhaps you know they don't have to exaggerate. Again, there's always this theory that go ahead, John, want.
Speaker 6: Listen that that what's your what's your here's the weak link in that, in that theory that oh, I can just underinsurre and they're always going to take the insurance. It's only true if there happens to be, you know, a healthy UN policy out there, and the UN policy decides that you didn't intentionally under insure. So there is risk in not carrying enough insurance. I would never advocate that somebody not carry a ton of insurance, but for for for different reasons. My main reason is because I want to be able to get as much UM coverage as I can to protect me and the occupants of my car in the event that somebody who's uninsured or who has that crappy insurance causes the accident. But no, I would never suggest that you intentionally under insured. That's just crazy.
Speaker 16: No.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, three oh three seven, one three eight two five five. By the way, Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com I love Frank Man. He's a great person for buying or selling. But I also think you can rely on him no charge for a market analysis to see what your home will sell for, without listing and without obligation. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Frank three in the real Estate man dot com. Hey Tom Martino here at three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, So I wanted to talk to John about this other uh text we got as far as they're if they're involved in an activity with their car, like voluntarily, like motocross or something like that, or they have a hot car and they're they're racing it or they're having they're out of track, Are they liable for injuries they cause others? Or is that a higher risk assessment where people you know, should respect that or I imagine a lot has to do with what the participants sign when they participate.
Speaker 6: What do you think, John, I think it has a lot more to do with whether the insurance company knows that they're ensuring you for that risk. So many policies will exclude activities like that. Certainly, if it was something illegal that that that may very well not be covered by any insurance policy.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you're you're screwed. I mean basically. But as far as if people sign agreements and I've both often asked you about this, disclaimers or what do you call them? Waivers? Are they did they hold up? Yeah?
Speaker 6: They do, they sure do. So there's two different kinds of waivers that come into play. Tom One is for you know, simple negligence, which is, you know, making a mistake, Okay, nothing intentional, just just a mistake, acting in a way that you know that that you should have known that something bad could happen, and something bad, My gosh, that's simple negligence. Those are going to be enforced every day of the week. Where where you run into problems is sometimes waivers are worded in a way that they actually include things like reckless conduct and intentional conduct and gross negligents and you see it written a bunch of different ways. Those courts are much less likely to enforce. It comes down to the the the activity itself, how necessary it is. So the famous case on it is, you know, a waiver that somebody had to signed to get propane put into the tank at their house, and the court ruled that that's so necessary because the alternative is your house freezes and you you know, you have no heat that that you know, there's a different analysis in terms of enforcing an agreement than for a recreational activity that you certainly don't have to do. So the courts will enforce them, but much less so with gross negligents and words.
Speaker 2: Like that, okay, we get it. Okay. So basically though, the messages on waivers in general, you have to not just have them to protect you if you do something, if you're conducting something that could be risky, but you have to watch what you sign as a participant. But I was always told that even if you sign a waiver, gross negligence is never overlooked. Is that right?
Speaker 6: Well, I've seen plenty of waivers where gross negligence is waived. The question is whether or not the courts are going to enforce that. Okay, got it. Got But they're written in a way that says, we wave everything under the sun. Any theory you could ever come up with. You've waived it, you know, But the issue whether it's going to be enforced. I'll tell you something else that people need to be aware of is that you know, there are many activities that you can that you can do. I'm thinking of a you know, a little I don't want to say the name of the company, but a little activity in the mountains where you you sign up and then go for a ride on a particular conveyance and and just signing up, they make you click through a screen on the internet to where you agree to the terms of their waiver. And and let me tell you, that's enforceable. So don't think that those screens that you just click yes, yes, yes, yes yes, crew on the internet aren't ultimately going to come back to haunt you in the event that something bad happens, because I promise you they will and they'll be enforced.
Speaker 2: You know what. That's really good advice. Okay, we have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three oh three, seven to one to three talks seven to one, three eight, two five, five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped off bad news.
Speaker 4: The need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 3: You'll come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Show Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Man, This is.
Speaker 5: The Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinez, welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 10: My friends to the only show. It's kind' here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. I'll tell you something, this show's been a little different. We kind of dived into politics. I got some thoughts on that in a second. But really what we do is we try to recoup money for you. Over three hundred million dollars. Listen to that, three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges, refund services. I think you get the idea. We help. We help get money back from bad contractors. We help get problems solved like bad LAMB. It can't seem to fix a furnace for you. If you're living in the cold, you pretty much name it. We do it. In fact, someone told me, Bo, do you have an actual update? Did I hear that? I actually have an update? After a week, Deputy Bo's got an update. Here's how things work on this show. If you're new to it, you call up generally if we can't solve it right now, we get either a referral list member on a referral list dot Com, one of our experts, whether that's an attorney like John Fuller by the way, that is joining me today for this hour. And we also have Deputy Doc. But we'll get an expert on and then if we have to go a step further, we will assign one of our deputies to help work through the problem. What was the initial problem? By the way, I always forget this three zero three seven one three eight two five five. We do have a couple lines open right now, and I promise I'm going to go back to you, Pam in a second and recap that so I can get involved in at three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I want to hear from you now, any problem you got bo What was the initial call?
Speaker 11: So Scott called in I believe at the ten o'clock hour this morning. He had a contractor by the name of Comfort Works install a Mitsubishi heat pump back in November of twenty twenty three, and last year the unit froze up and he couldn't get any heat out of the thing, and with this recent very very cold weather it froze up again.
Speaker 10: No, this heat pump is basically his furnace, of course.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's it's doing both things, heating and cooling.
Speaker 10: Is it a mini split system.
Speaker 11: It's a yeah, it's a heat heat pump mini split Yes, it does both things.
Speaker 10: Very familiar. Those are some of the best things out there. In fact, they'll save you a ton of money. But when it was really cold, it wasn't heating.
Speaker 11: No, because I believe this particular model didn't have supplemental heat. Some of these heat pumps are good, but because when it gets below zero at zero, they just don't work well.
Speaker 10: So the ones on r just to give people an idea how heat pumps work. We have a Susanna and I have an all electric coach in RV, so when we plug it in, our AC units are also heat pumps. But just like Bo saying, if it gets down twenty five degrees or so, they don't work very well at all, so we end up burning diesel in our insta heat, which gives us you know, it gives us fire, it gives us real heat. But if it's around forty to fifty degrees, those heat pumps were great to get it up to you know, sixty five seventy wherever you want to set it and.
Speaker 11: Mark, they're very effashiout.
Speaker 22: Could you explain to us the difference between a furnace and a heat pump?
Speaker 10: So well, Boat did this forever? I mean, the furnace is usually natural gas or it's going to be runoff propane.
Speaker 11: Yeah, furnaces gas fire dusts where you get the heat, whereas a heat pump. To make it simple, it's actually an air conditioner working in reverse.
Speaker 10: And it's electric generally yeah.
Speaker 11: Generally electric in an Aggtually, the free on or the refrigerant actually captures the heat outside and through this superheat and cooling, it transfers that heat back into the house where you're not using natural gags.
Speaker 10: And what we're really crazy about it. You think, okay, if it's twenty degrees out, how does it get heat. Well, there's always heat in the air.
Speaker 11: It's like in the ground like geothermal, you know that's freezing, but there's always some sort of heat yep, that they can capture. So anyway, back to Scott, he called this contractor at four to five times to get up to come out. They were blowing him off.
Speaker 2: Who was it?
Speaker 10: Who was the contract company?
Speaker 11: Is called Comfort Works Got a Fouler Colorado.
Speaker 10: And that's Comfort Works with an X. Got a KS got it?
Speaker 11: So that's right, has an X. So I called them three times during the breaks. They didn't call me back.
Speaker 10: When did this come in?
Speaker 11: It came in at ten o'clock this morning.
Speaker 10: Wow, okay, So you called him back three times.
Speaker 11: I called back three times. I left a very detailed message. I left them the I don't number the unit, and I also called my Mitsubishie supplier in Denver asked him about the unit, and there is you can't buy a supplemental heat strip to make the thing, make it work nice. So, uh, Scott called me about twenty minutes ago, and he was very thankful. He says, Bo, this contractor called me about this about an hour ago, and he says, well, we apologize. We're gonna get out to his house. We're gonna we're gonna find out why the unit is freezing up. And if they have to, they will install this electric supplemental heater into his Mitchbisi unit.
Speaker 10: And they're gonna do it no costs.
Speaker 11: They're gonna do it. Hopefully, they're gonna do it at no costs.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 10: Well, even if he asked if he didn't pay for it before, long as they cut him a good deal. Don't charge an right way if.
Speaker 11: It's something that the contractor missed an installation. If this electric heater, supplemental heat strip is not in.
Speaker 10: So it should have been their period. It should have been there, so there shouldn't be a cost. It's great they finally got in contact, though, Yeah, leaving messages left and right only.
Speaker 11: Because the Troubleshooter show. That's my reason why he called him back. Yeah, Scott's the kind of things.
Speaker 10: I don't even know how you put a dollar amount on it. Maybe if he called up I don't know, Joe Blow and had to add it because his contractor was out of business, what do you think it would be? Five hundred one thousand. I don't know how much for the service, call, the labor, the heats.
Speaker 11: It's it's out. In fact, it's I forget. He lives in a town called Onny Springs. I don't even know where that is.
Speaker 10: You know what, good Jombo.
Speaker 11: He's gonna get it done. He's gonna get some heat and he can maybe return those supplemental strip eaters he bought at Target back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Hey, John Fuller Fuller Law, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: Marvelous? Marvelous, marvelous?
Speaker 10: Hey are you We were we were talking last hour and Pam, I promise I'm going to get back to you. Three oh three seven one three a two five five. We're trying to get someone on, Pam. Pam, I'm sorry about that about your social security question. So hopefully we'll get this expert on in a minute. I was thinking about how I went after what was that guy's name, Ralph, Ralph Ruff. Yeah, so him and Tom called up. We were talking about Doze and basically he started in Trump's a liar. For example, there never was fifty million, fifty nine million dollars or whatever it is worth of condom sent to the Gaza strip or sent to Afghanistan or wherever. And basically what happened is, yeah, we were right, there was that amount, but Trump said it went to what did Trump say? I went to Gaza? Do you guys remember Hamas or something like that. But to come back on it, it didn't. It went to a different country, whatever country. But still the fact was fifty nine million or fifty million, whatever it is. And you can hear Elon actually talk about where they actually went, and he apologized, Okay, I got the wrong country. I'm not going to be perfect, but you know what, we're finding stuff everywhere. Not everything is going to be perfect, but feel free to ask me and I'll clarify when I need to clarify. I mean it was very straightforward, but really the whole thing was about the wasteful spending. It doesn't matter what country it went to. But I started thinking I was probably a little too hard on him, and I'll tell you why, because the first part of the Trump administration, going back pre COVID, it was tough, man. I mean, the lefties were absolutely crazy. Even what i'd call somewhat moderate Democrats went absolutely nuts with Trump syndrome. And now he's back. Now he's got a path. He's moving so fast. I think it's freaking people out. John. I think he's moving it to speed a light. And I think it's actually by design. He's kind of creating chaos. So you know, he's not going to do one thing, wait for them to bitch, wait for him to take it to court, and wait for different things. So I think he is trying to create a l lot of things going on at one time for a true purpose. But honestly, and here's what I want to ask you as an attorney. Of course, you're my personal injury attorney, and you know a lot of callers use you, and I'm not asking in your realm of law, but in general, in general, it drives me insane when people either side of the aisle go to a judge that is obviously very liberal or very conservative on something that I don't think a judge has any business being involved. And I'll give you an idea one that it just went down Trump being the chief, the chief man, the man, the mac daddy. He runs the federal government, and he decided he wants to cut a lot of jobs. I don't care what department or anything. That's up to him. If he wants to ask somebody if they want eight months up front if they retire now, and then he warned them, also might get fired if you don't take it, because we might be cutting jobs. Simple as that. So people run off to a judge and say, hey, he can't do that, and then, of course, you know, it had to go a couple weeks. Finally it hit an appeals process and the judge basically said, yeah, of course he can go ahead and make an offer. These are his employees. But give me some rational understanding of knowing the legal system from a judge's standpoint, Why why any of that makes any sense? Why why can a judge even stop something like that.
Speaker 6: John, Well, so that's a tough question. I mean, here, here's the thing. That the agenda is to stop everything at all costs. And so there are legions of attorneys in all fifty states that are raring to go on every little, you know, everything executive order that he could sign. And and you know, the attorney general in Colorado is no exception. I mean he's been I believe, on every single one of these lawsuits and and they've been prepared to file these lawsuits for weeks and weeks and weeks since the you know, since the election happened. It's nothing more than an attempt to slow the role of the Trump had been.
Speaker 10: And that's that's that's I agree everything you said, and I wanted you and hoped that you would answer that way. And then the question becomes this, and I'm going to let you think about it during the break. Why did he not just enforce what he said, knowing when it finally gets to an appeal, even if it has to be appealed all the way up? What would the ramifications and I don't mean public ramifications. Maybe this is truly what people would call a constitutional crisis, but what would happen if Trump and everybody, everybody in his work world said, listen, a judge simply can't stop this. This judge is absolutely looney tunes. There's no way to do it. So he just he goes ahead and fires people or says, Okay, we're done. Uh, we're not gonna We're not gonna stop the offer right now. I don't care what the judge says. We're gonna move forward. But hold your thoughts on that because I got to take this. But that's kind of where I'm going with this, like who's right Who's wrong? If eventually John something is going to be overturned and someone doesn't follow it, what happens, all right? Three oh three seven one three A two five five. By the way, join us on YouTube dot com and look up Troubleshooter Network. You can hear us during the break. I put polls up all the time, And what I mean by that is like I just put a pull up. Was I too hard on rolf on one of the comments I made? And I was curious what our YouTube listeners thought of it. I'm gonna get it back up in a second, but it auto tried to correct it because the guy's name is r Alf Right people.
Speaker 9: R l s.
Speaker 10: I don't get that right, rol S, that's right, Mark. But anyhow, it messed it up. So anyhow I'll get that pullback up, but join us. I always love knowing if I was too hard on the guy he said the condoms basically went U. The condoms actually, John, he said the condoms didn't even exist, right.
Speaker 6: He did say he said, we have a you know, the government hasn't bought any none have been distributed. It's not five million, five hundred, it's not even five he said it was none.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and it turned out it was fifty million, but it wasn't too hamas they went to some other country. And I made the comment because I was a little snarky. I made the comment, I wish we sent some condoms to his dad back in the day. So I just wanted to know if that if I was going a little overboard there. But man, listen, I got called a racist. What was that two weeks ago because they shy said, and I'm glad USAID is getting shut down. And this guy actually emailed the station saying, you got to take that guy off the air because I'm glad they're saving money when they were talking about all the money going out of there, and it's like, okay, okay, So what happens is I get so worked up because these these crazy, crazy left liberals, crazy left liberals, so I somehow take that out. I probably shouldn't have told Ralph that is, I wished his dad received economy. I probably shouldn't have done that. Hey, Pam, what's going on with you? Pam?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 10: How are you? Pam? I'm I'm kind of taking I'm taking over on this call, so I'd like to know what the original question is. So everybody's on the same page.
Speaker 9: Okay, I have been retired since September of twenty twenty one, which means I have been paying it my medic care since that day. It's automatic to pull out of my check before I get my checked.
Speaker 10: And how long have you been paying for it? I'm sorry the medicare.
Speaker 9: That's the September of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 10: Okay, so you turned a certain age and boom they start taking it out of your Social Security correct correct? Yeah, that's that's so far. All pretty normal. So what's going on?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 9: So then I started doctoring for a hip replacement in October of twenty four, Okay, and found out that I didn't have Medicare party Okay, doctors.
Speaker 10: Told me so. So I understand that so far, this is perfect for John Jones. No matter how we listening, I'm waiting for him to call in. Yeah, John, call in. He's usually listening to the show. So, but go ahead, And when did all this go down? By the way, like, when did you find doubt you didn't have Medicare Part B.
Speaker 9: In October?
Speaker 22: Hey, pam to the amount of your Social Security checks change at any point?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 22: Well, then they were taking out from Medicare Part B obviously.
Speaker 10: Well why would the doctor say there was no Medicare.
Speaker 22: Because he probably you know, the staff could have met a clericallera. The best thing to do is to go down to this Social Security office in person.
Speaker 10: Well, first of all, how do we know she doesn't have advantage? For example? I don't, okay, So what is the doctor telling you?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 10: So, Doc, what you're saying is if they're taking money out of her check, it's got to be Part B.
Speaker 22: Yeah, but it's been the same since she started.
Speaker 10: Do you know if you have Part B or not? I mean that seems it would seem to me like you would know. But do you know, Pam buy.
Speaker 9: The hope for a fact that I do not have it?
Speaker 10: Okay, so you do not have Part B. So let's just let's just say that's written in Stone. Now what.
Speaker 9: And Social Security. I just got a letter from Social Security in Santuary verifying that I do have Part B, but social Security will not communicate with Medicare.
Speaker 10: Well, that thing we just wrote in Stone sure change pretty quick. So you do have Part B, but you've but the doctor's saying you don't. So now I'm going to go back to exactly what Doc was saying. Doc saying you need to make an appointment with Social Security. Actually, Doc, at this point, Social Security is saying she does have Part B. So I don't know what good she's going to go going to so Security. It's got to be the doctor she's got to deal with.
Speaker 9: No, I've been Social Security in offices, talked to hold on a second.
Speaker 10: Hey, hey, John Jones, John Jones and Tiger Insurance, what are you making of this right here?
Speaker 20: Gonna ask quick questions?
Speaker 10: Yeah, go ahead, she's on the person you're talking with. Damn, her name is How much are they?
Speaker 20: Yeah? How much are they withdrawing out of her Social Security.
Speaker 2: Check each month?
Speaker 9: Well, that's your dollars.
Speaker 14: There you go.
Speaker 20: She has her Medicare Part B.
Speaker 10: Then okay, now the next question is her doctor? Her hip doctor told you exactly what. Go ahead?
Speaker 9: Now if you talk to Medicare, Medicare little thing I do not have play.
Speaker 10: So how would that? How is that? John? Is it even possible? Because I assume the one hundred and eighty five is basically for everybody or almost everybody, I should say, getting pulled out of their Social Security check each month for Part B. The number lines up. That's why you asked, right, that's correct. So if that lines up, it's obvious she's been paying for it. Have you ever seen a case where Social Secure he is taking the money out, but Medicare has no idea? She has Part B.
Speaker 20: She could clarify that real quick without going to Social Security. If I could give her a quick phone number, Mark, would that be out cut?
Speaker 10: I'd love for you to do it. Who is it for?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 10: Kind of tell everybody listening what it's about.
Speaker 20: It's actually it's actually the NAE wand number for Medicare.
Speaker 10: Oh, go ahead, go ahead, John, give it out that you can talk.
Speaker 20: It's one ice, You've done it.
Speaker 10: Okay, Pam. Yeah, it's a give and take here, so hold on because other people are listening. I want him to give the phone number out, then he can give instructions and we'll kind of hear what you were going to say.
Speaker 20: Go ahead, Okay, it's eight hundred six three three four two two seven.
Speaker 10: Now, John, I think what Pam's gonna say, but I'm going to let her say it. You have tried calling that numerous times?
Speaker 3: Or what?
Speaker 9: I have been on three way call with Medicare security of me many times.
Speaker 10: And what happens? Who? Who acknowledges there's a problem? Does anybody?
Speaker 14: Or do?
Speaker 10: They both say there is no problem?
Speaker 9: Medicare social Security is not talking to them, and Social Security has no idea of why my Medicare party is taking away from me. But they set letters to the payment processing center for Social Security, but nothing's happening with it. I cannot get a reinstated.
Speaker 10: John, What do you? What do you make of all this? At this point?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 20: I was thinking what Doc was saying too, to go down the local Social Security office. But Pam, if I may ask you this too, when you go to see the doctor, and that doctor obviously builds Medicare. Correct, Yes, for those bill If he works on Medicare assignment, he those bills can go directly into Medicare. Is the doctor coming back and saying he's not being paid by Medicare, Well, I.
Speaker 9: Have because I just had the surgery then last week.
Speaker 10: Oh so the surgery's done and over. They're just trying to get paid.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm trying to get my part be back because I have party was with a hospital that took care of the surgery. But he has to take care of all of these.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the medications and the follow up visits and everything else.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: John, So you're saying we'll circle back to what doc said. Is what you're saying right now.
Speaker 20: Let me let me ask her to were you in the hospital for the surgery or was it outpatient surgery?
Speaker 9: It was outpatient surgery, but I ended back in the hospital two days later.
Speaker 20: Okay, off, So the surgery and everything, then he's going to be covered under your Medicare Part B if it was out patient surgery, if I had, yeah, well obviously you do.
Speaker 10: That's the whole thing. It is obvious you've been paying for it and eventually, I mean, they're going to see it.
Speaker 22: But as will say something, I have never performed the surgery, thousands of them without first getting authorization from the insurance company.
Speaker 10: So but she had the surgery.
Speaker 22: But the doctor, he would not perform the surgery without getting pre authorization from Medicare.
Speaker 11: So obviously he was.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 22: It was pre authorized, which means she had to have Medicare.
Speaker 10: There's there's no problem with the cost of the surgery. It was paid. It's the medication afterwards and the follow ups where the Part b's coming in.
Speaker 20: No, you don't have to you don't have to pre author If i'm if, I might make a suggestion pay them. Also, would your doctors obviously probably haven't even sent the bill into Medicare yet. I just tell them, or you can take it down to the office, however you want to do it. You can see right now I'm paying for my Medicare Part B. I need you to send the bills to Medicare.
Speaker 10: It's crazy, she's in this loop. I find it so hard to believe.
Speaker 13: Well, when I hear from security in which are you You're not on Medicare advantage?
Speaker 20: You do have a Medicare supplement.
Speaker 10: I asked her that. I asked her that, And which plan.
Speaker 2: Are you on there?
Speaker 16: Gee?
Speaker 8: G yep, yep, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 20: The only thing after all this surgery, the only thing you should have to worry about being out of pocket this year is two hundred and fifty four dollars.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's it. On g right, yep.
Speaker 20: Yeah, your Medicare part be deductible. Everything should be covered.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you got proof you're paying for it.
Speaker 9: I understand the Medicure says they won't even accept the bills because they say, I don't have party.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, I gotta put this on hold. Hold on, I don't This is one if anybody out there has found themselves in this loop. I believe what she's saying. Social Security, John, hold on, I gotta take this.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 10: I got to apologize for anybody that's driven off the road or committed suicide on this last call. It's one of these things that is so frustrating. I have a caller, Pam, and I'm going to bring her up and here's the bottom line, and I believe her. Social Security is taking out the money for Part B every month one hundred and eighty five Bucks and they've been taking out for Part B since two thousand and one. She had hip surgery done. Now she needs follow up care, medication, whatever that looks like. But when she goes to the doctor, they try to build Medicare and they're you don't have Part B, correct, Pam. Then on top of that, she has had Medicare and Social Security on the phone a three way call, and they all agree there's a problem. They're not talking to each other in other words, Pam, and please correct me if I'm wrong. But social Security is saying we are taking the money out for a Part B, and Medicare is saying we don't show that you don't have Part.
Speaker 7: B, right, correct?
Speaker 10: Okay, We're going to go back to what doc said. And I talked to John Jones during the break, and I'm going to pull him up one more time. But John, go ahead and tell me what you told me during the break. I mean, we've got all the facts straight long as Pam's not crazy, you know, and as long as she's not crazy or lying, which I don't think is a case. Who the hell would lie about this? What does she do at this point?
Speaker 20: And Pam, I'm think you know what doc originally said I'd recommend go down the local Social Security office set an appointment.
Speaker 9: I'm going and they can help me.
Speaker 10: Okay, Well, I swear to God, I don't now. Now I'm getting to the point, Pam, it doesn't matter. You've done everything. So let me ask you this. Have you called a congressman, know, called the attorney jutant? Okay? And what did the Attorney general say?
Speaker 19: They get me?
Speaker 9: Called me to call the fraud hotline?
Speaker 10: The fraud hotline? Why the fraud hotline? Mark, I don't know. I'm jumping straight down. I'm jumping straight down.
Speaker 2: Around right, I'll try to reach out to public relations with Medicare and take a stab out here.
Speaker 10: You know who else might just might And Pam, I hate to keep saying this, but I'm almost wondering if we're missing something like here's an example, like you haven't done some of the things you've said. I think the problem's truly there. But let me bring this back to reality real quick, Pam, what right now besides them telling you you don't have Part B, do you have a collection agency coming off from you? Do you have a doctor refusing to give you follow up care? Can you not get a medication. Where are we right now in this.
Speaker 9: The only place I am just trying to get it reinstated?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 10: But Sam, I'm going to ask you the question again. Forget about it. If if, if I don't even have to put this, someone help me. What is the problem right now? Once again, the doctor won't help you anymore. You can't get medication? What? What is the actual problem?
Speaker 9: The only the only problem I have right now? Well, I almost got refuse surgery, but you didn't.
Speaker 10: You didn't, So keep going.
Speaker 9: The only problem I have is that I cannot if I'm at jere Park be you reinstated.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, I I okay, So Susanne, I'm putting I'm putting her on hold. I don't know if I'm not clear enough. I understand that someone told you you don't have I'm gonna try one more time and then I'm going to hang my own self. So so Pam, listen, and I promise, I promise. If everything you're saying is correct, We're gonna help you.
Speaker 2: Are you being denied anything right now for medications or do anything?
Speaker 10: Are you being denied a damn thing right now? Besides just knowing in your head you don't have it. Whether that's correct or not, I don't know. But is anybody denying you care? You need no? Okay? Bam three oh three seven one three talk wow my three o three seven one three eight two five five. Don't forget. Check out the show on YouTube. Just type in Troubleshooter Network. We're live on there all the time. Of course, our podcast fifty thousand plus downloads every single month, one of the biggest in the iHeart network. Now, anyhow, let's go to Frank. Frank's got a question. Frank, you need a roof? Is that my understanding?
Speaker 17: Well, that is correct. In fact, I had called Excel rooping this this morning.
Speaker 10: Yes, and both to Carl.
Speaker 17: And we have a little bit of snow on the roof right now. I live in Monuments, so he's going to come out next week, hopefully it'll melt by then.
Speaker 10: Is this a cash pay or how are you paying for the roof cash?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 10: Okay, you don't have insurance. It's not a claim. Just out of curiosity, it's not a claim.
Speaker 17: I have Compass insurance, okay. And my policy is renewing next month, okay. And it went from sixty three hundred to ninety six hundred.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but that wasn't because of a claim. It's because he lived in Monument right or Colorado for.
Speaker 17: That Well yeah, and plus my roof is fifteen years old.
Speaker 10: Well okay, but do you have I'm just curious and I'm going to bring up Jay Brett's the owner Vicksel, But I'm a little curious on something else. Do you have an ACV policy so you would barely get any coverage anyhow?
Speaker 17: No, I have a full coverage.
Speaker 10: And if there was hail damage, you know, whether you you see it or not. But if Excel comes out there, Carlos or whatever team member comes out and they say, oh, you do have hail damage. Are you saying you wouldn't have the insurance company pay for it because it's going up.
Speaker 17: No, I'm not saying that. I guess if there was damage.
Speaker 10: I perfect, man. I just wanted to make sure on that and that I wasn't missing a reason you were paying cash because you were saying it went up basically three thousand bucks, that you might not do it, but let me lock you in. Hey, Jay, here's really the question. If he's got to pay cash, let's face it, in Colorado, be honest Jay Brett's owner Excel Roofing, how many people out of one hundred people pay cash for a roof with no insurance involved in Colorado or that deal with You give me an honest number.
Speaker 23: Okay, hey, Mark, So this is the honest answer, and it depends upon the ear back. In twenty twenty two, when there hadn't been hailed for a while, we were seeing a lot more people having to pay out of their pocket for a new row.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but what do weak because it was like sixty forty what are we talking?
Speaker 23: Yes, exactly in twenty twenty two is probably sixty percent of the people were having to pay out of their pockets got to the new roofs last year. It's been a long time because there hadn't been any hail, and there was also a lot of real estate transactions. Real estate transactions will drive these.
Speaker 10: Quite a Heck yeah they will. Heck yeah.
Speaker 23: Well, last year when there was a lot of hal, probably ninety five percent of our customers had insurance claims.
Speaker 10: Got it now? Two direct questions, two direct credits questions Bread Jay listen Number one, did you do any roofs and monument this year due to hal? Last year we.
Speaker 23: Have, and what we will do for Frank is when we go out there, we're going to inspect it. And it looks like he's got a claim, We're going to tell him to file a claim.
Speaker 3: Actually not.
Speaker 23: If not, See, that's the thing. So many people call up a roofer the riffer guard, but if not, hell hold.
Speaker 10: On, I hear the music. But here was his other question, do you guys have any promotions this time of year because you're not super busy. If he does have to pay cash, can you cut him a deal? I guess is kind of what he's asking. Are you going to be better than all the competition? Real quick, Jacobs, it's gonna cut you off.
Speaker 23: We've got some home show deals going right now, and I'm not sure Carlos tells Frank about him.
Speaker 10: I love it. If they do have deals going, Frank, we're gonna be back tomorrow