Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond with Cliff and Bubo.
Speaker 2: These guys are your favor It's so light say subscribe and raid it.
Speaker 3: Live Stock and Greatest on Yesterday listening watching Limb always.
Speaker 2: Keep its watching.
Speaker 3: And now you're hosts Cliff Barrickman and James Bubo Fay.
Speaker 2: Greetings, Bobo, how you doing?
Speaker 4: Man it? What's up? Clove? Oh?
Speaker 2: This and that biggest uh biggest bright spot in my future?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Is I get to have dinner with Adam Fosky from Finding Bigfoot tonight?
Speaker 4: What is he working on a show up there? No?
Speaker 2: No, he got out of television altogether, just like several of the other producers that we used to work with, because TV is a dying industry. Apparently no money et cetera. Like people behind the scenes, there's no money because everything's getting cut, et cetera. But yeah, so he's doing working for a nonprofit and they're doing some sort of event up a timber line or something. So get to hang out with Adam Fosky tonight and get some high fives in.
Speaker 4: You forgot to have a Bruce palm in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I got my ligaments are going to be trashed from all the love.
Speaker 4: I got a good field. He can get into horse carriage building.
Speaker 2: Horse carriage building. Are there a lot of homish folks in your area?
Speaker 4: I was just joking, there's like when the automobiles were coming out, and like those horse carriage guys just double down on horse carriages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right right, Well, anyway, we have a Q and A today and we have kind of a lot of questions, so I think we're got to save our catching up for the member section. I definitely have some stuff I want to talk to you guys, who talk to you about you guys, because I know Matt's back there somewhere. But it's a Q and A today. We have quite a few voicemails and some written stuff. So why do we hop into that and just get through it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's a familiar voice from the past that we haven't heard in quite a while.
Speaker 5: Good afternoon, guys, Little Dave from South Alabama again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little Dave. Along with my love.
Speaker 5: For bigfoot, I also have a huge love for bass fishing. I have several touring pros that when the tournament season is over, they do guide and instructional stuff on the water. I seem to remember you Cliff doing that at one time and Bobo, is that something y'all would consider doing it again? I think it would be awesome for a one oh one or either a small group of people for a guided hiking trip in Sasquatch Country.
Speaker 3: Again, thanks guys.
Speaker 4: I love the show. Yeah, I mean I don't do it too often, but because if people don't understand, like if.
Speaker 2: I do it, I want to do it, like right, you know, well, yeah, I used to do that sort of thing when I was saving money up to buy or to basically make the museum. I didn't buy the museum. I was making the museum at the time, and I needed some extra cash, so I started running expeditions. I had a lot of experience, of course, ran a few expeditions for the BFRO back when I was a BFRO member for Matt, so I knew kind of what it took and what it looks like. And I want to do something a little extra special, you know, so I can charge a little bit more basically, So I supplied the food. I supplied a lot of stuff, I got the campsit. I did a lot of extra stuff because I know what the BFRO o offers and it's a great value what they do.
Speaker 4: Do you offer food? You offered the best camp cook anywhere I've ever had.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, missus Sharon Bielart exactly, Joe Bilart's wife. Nothing but the best, so to speak, you know, And I thought it was still pretty reasonable. I mean I had special guests come out. Bobo was a special guest on a couple of these things. Doctor Meldrum came out, Derek Randalls came out as a special guest. So I think I offered a really high quality product. But yeah, I did that for two or three years in a row to try to save more money for the museum. But at the end of the day, people just don't realize the extensive work that goes into planning and working on that. For my area of mountain Hood National Forest. Of course, if you're I charged people money to come out, So if you're making money on government land, well the government wants their cut. So what you have to do is you have to apply for a permit. And in my neck of the woods, other every single national force is different by the way. They all have their own rules, their own timelines and calendars. Everything is different no matter where you go. But in my National forest mountain Hood National Force, which is one of the most visited national forests in the entire country. You actually have to file for that permit for like, say I wanted to go this summer like right now, say I had one coming up this weekend, I would have had to file for that permit last October November, I think they're due November first or middle of the month or something. So that's what you have to do. You have to plan that far ahead, tell them how many people you're going to have, even though you may not know it, so you always sell them the maximum. Then you have to tell them, like for me, for our purposes, we're basically going out and walking roads tonight, right, I had to tell them what roads I was going to be on and how far I was going to There's a lot of things they need to know that there's no way of knowing. And I and of course I talked to the permitting people at a mountain National Forest and I said, well, this is what we do. And if you know, if if I say these roads and there's a sighting five miles away a couple of days before, you know, I'm going to go there, right, And they basically said, yeah, and I understand that you'd probably do that, but just so you know, the permit, you wouldn't be permitted for that. So yeah, so it's like a gray areas. I'm getting the I'm doing. I'm doing my best to follow the rules, but if I have to break the rules, and so be it. You know, it's one of those things. And they understood it. But and I don't think that. I mean, since human beings run the thing, I think they would probably understand and I would get some slack. But at the same time, if that had happened, I tech it would be a gray area sort of thing. I got the permit, but enough for the right location, and I could I could feasibly get in trouble depending on the inferiority complex of the particular person I was dealing with in the government at the time. You know, essentially what it comes down to, Yeah, because a lot most government workers I find are just fantastic people and really really helpful and they like their job and they're there to serve. And there's some that aren't. Basically there's some that have a power trip on it, you know, unlike anywhere else. You know, that's no different than any corporate structure or anywhere else for that matter. But I don't do that anymore because of the hassle and it just takes so much planning, and I don't have the time anymore. I used to do one of one of these expeditions a month. We got some great stuff. I mean, there were daylight sightings on some of my trips, footprint finds, lots of sounds recorded. It was great. Everybody seemed to have a really good time. But I just don't do those anymore for several reasons. And the hassle and pre planning and the bite that the government takes out of the profit on the back side, those are all part of it. It just became a big hat and sho oh, yeah, that's another thing. Insurance companies you have to deal. You have you legally have to buy insurance for all these trips as well. I think it's a million dollar insurance policy that you have to take out. And and then of course I had NDA's and I had what are those documents where like you hurt yourself, you're on your own kind of stuff. Really sort of liability, yeah, their liability releases, right, So I all those sort of things. They all cost money. You know, you have to hire lyrics to write these things and all that stuff. So it just the hassle going into it.
Speaker 4: And then you got to spend a lot of time talking to people and like screening people make sure they're like you're on the same page like what they were expecting, and you spend a lot of time on the phone. And then when I do it, I don't want to take people out just like random, Like I go out for like the week ahead of time and scout like you know, you're burning a bunch of fuel and you're time, Like you know, you go out there in scott because I want to try to be on the best lucky, best hopeful spot to get some some kind of response. So it's like it's expensive. Then you know, hire someone to come out and I'm not a cook, like you know, hire like a real cook to come out, like cause you know, I want to make it like a top flight experience. So it's they think like, yeah, you know, I'll bring a twelve pack or something. You know, It's like, dude, it's it's it's a it's an expensive endeavor and you know to do a top flight one. But I guess there's kind of maybe talking more about like just like a day hike situation. But where I'm out, it's kind of there's not a lot of people, like there's not a huge demand for that. Like you're I mean, you're outside of Portland, so you got three million people whatever, like within how closer drive do you? Yeah, I need it.
Speaker 2: If you're going out for the day, you still have to get that permit. If you're accepting money, And I guess, you know, I mean rich people write the rules. Rich people write them so they can break them. I get it, you know. But sometimes people say, well, I just I'll dis label it as you know, a donation to the museum or something like that, or a gift to a friend. They say, well, yeah, but this still is kind of a gray area and stuff. And as much as I'd love to do that sort of stuff, sometimes just the hassle and I don't know what kind of people these are and all that kind of stuff, I don't, you know, this is not really it doesn't seem to me to be worth it for my time because I have so little time as it is.
Speaker 4: I am the I am just actually gonna sign a little deal with there's a local outdoor store up here. My buddy Aaron owns it, and I'm going to start doing like a couple of year guided trips up in the Bluff Creek or down here on Redwoods, and they're going to handle all the paperwork, all the logistics. His companies called Bigfoot adventures. They do like diving, like guided diving trips, fishing trips, surfing trips, hikes in the Redwoods, night night stuff like they they have for like a broad broad ray stuff. And he said, on the big foot stuff, he always gets asked how do they how does someone hire me? And he just said, I keep getting asked that you want to do so I said, I'll be a couple. You know, I got to do very many.
Speaker 2: But see that's the way to do it because one of the ways around the permitting process that I had to go through. See, they don't have anything for bigfoot obviously, that National Forest Service doesn't give permits for that. They give permits for like one or one or three day events, you like a rafting race or a bicycle race or hike or that kind of stuff. You know, they give permits for that. But another way around it is not like it's a workaround. But another avenue you could go to is go through is getting a guide permit of some sort, like a hunting guide, because that's basically the same sort of thing. A hunting guide permit would work great for that, and it sounds like that's what those people have, because that gives you a lot more flexibility. It just costs a lot. The costs are different, and then the loops or the hoops you got to jump through are all different. So that's another way you could do it that I would consider. Like if I enjoyed doing these more and I wanted to hang out with people I never knew, I never met and all that kind of stuff, which I'm not really that kind of guy, you know, I'd like to be alone for the most part. If I was that kind of person, that's definitely what I would do. I would go get a hunting guide to permit and then use that for sasquatch stuff.
Speaker 6: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. Will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: Boba, are you starting to notice thinning hair? Who me, maybe a little a little hair left or a little thinning hair both. Well, I've got good news for you. Bobo Hymns offers access to prescription treatments for regrowing hair and as little as three to six months, so you can see a fuller head of hair like Bobo in the old days by fall.
Speaker 4: That'd be nice having a fresh fall crop to harvest.
Speaker 2: So Sweet Hymns offers convenient access to a range of prescription hair loss treatments with ingredients at work, including choose oral medication, serums and sprays.
Speaker 4: Yep, doctors trust this stuff. It's been clinically proven. It's got of ingredients like finesteride and oxidil, and that stuff can stop hair loss and we go hair in as little as three to six months.
Speaker 2: You can get started from the comfort of your own home, cave, motor home, or wherever you happen to be by filling out an intake form and a medical provider will determ if treatment is right for you. If prescribed, your treatment is sent directly to you for free.
Speaker 4: The process is one hundred percent online, which means getting started has never been more convenient, and even if sasquatch can do it, it's so easy.
Speaker 2: No insurance is needed and one low price covers everything from treatments to ongoing care. Plus treatment options start at just thirty five dollars a month. Start your free online visit today at hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 4: That's hims dot com slash beyond for personalized hair loss treatment options.
Speaker 2: Hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 3: Individual results may vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidal and finasteride. Prescription required. See website for full details, restrictions and important safety information.
Speaker 2: We should go to another one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in keeping with the Phish theme.
Speaker 7: Hey guys, this is JD from North Georgia, which makes Matt my favorite. So I've heard stories over the years of fishermen running into Bigfoot, although I have not specifically heard if they are different fish in the areas of the country that Bigfoot prefer. I assume salmon and Pacific Northwest, probably trout here in the southeast.
Speaker 1: Love to hear your thoughts, Matt. I'd love to shake your hand one day. You're a good man, JD. You know, for whatever it's worth. Matt is also my favorite. He does the line's share of the work here, so same here. Yeah, you two are my favorite.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: As far as fish species go. I don't think sasquatches care at all. No, they're out there eating bugs. They're out there eating like roadkill, raccoons and stuff. They're not connoisseurs of you know, fish.
Speaker 4: Well, it definitely go for catfish in a lot of part of the country. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's whatever they can catch and what's available.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something like big. I mean, they obviously want to get something big. The bigger the better. I've heard of them grabbing carp out of ponds too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The one that was on the in Saley, Arizona, on the Danae University campus that we looked into for finding Bigfoot, that one came out of one of the canyons and waded into the lake and it came out of the lake and there were where it came out according to the footprint tracks, there was a chewed up carp you know, that had partially eaten carp that had been thrown on the ground. But I think it's whatever's easy to catch.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Here in the Pacific Northwest, you know there's salmon and flopping on the side of the lot of rivers at certain times a year as they're spawned out. I think that those would be easily scooped up and taken away if noodle and for catfish is something that I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they figured that thing out, you know, because they're so fast, you know, they can catch you know, rattlesnakes at their bare hands, they can probably catch fish. And certainly I've as a kid, I would scoot around in these old trout rivers and trout creeks and stuff and try to, you know, scoop fish out of the river and that sort of thing. So I'm sure they do the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when the North Georgia, since JD's from there as well, send me an email through the podcast, JD, let me know what part of North Georgia are you're from. I don't have that many reports. I can't think of any that come to mind, but yeah, I would assume trout would be the predominant one, and there's plenty of hatcheries around.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: They do stalk a lot of those creeks and streams, et cetera. But yeah, as far as like private ponds, you definitely get reports of them taking catfish or whatever. People stalk in those ponds. Most of the reports that I know of from North Georgia involve other animals like deer, you know, other living creatures being taken, So it's not quite as prevalent as it is in the Northwest, where you have a lot of reports in them taking salmon. Do people report them taking like sturgeon or anything like that up there?
Speaker 2: I don't know how they'd catch a sturgeon. Those things are kind of bottom feeders in a lot of ways. You know, Yeah, much shot at sturgeon. Yeah, most of the reports I know of. They kind of hang out in that places where the fishermen clean their fish to go for the gut piles and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: That makes it. I've never fished for a sturgeon. I've just seen pictures of them. It seems like be a lot of food. Yeah, be a tremendous amount of food.
Speaker 2: And but again, they're kind of you know, their their mouth is on the bottom of their body, so they're the kind of bottom They feed along the bottom basically is the gist of it. And you know they're not they're pretty deeped a lot of times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's going to be whatever's in creeks and streams rather than like deep wide rivers, although I.
Speaker 4: Did get a couple of reports out of the peninsula where the river did to like horseshoe bends and a rown really slowed down there with some like pools and stuff. The natives saw the trial members there saw a large group like a dozen. It's like that nursery. That nursery rounds area whatever the for the juveniles, like they'd have like a bunch of I guess the adults would, according to the locals, or they drop them off in this one area and then the bigger adolescents would watch out for the smaller ones. I guess what they said was that when the babies got too big to carry on their backs, like at certain times the ear and they traveled further for food, that they'd leave them all in this one area and then come then the adults should come back. And they said that they saw that the sasquatches were like great swimmers. They would go out and they'd pin up in one of the tight turns of the horseshop and they'd pin up like a school of salmon, and then swim around and they they'd catch them and when they got out, they'd run up on the bank and like totally, like not sure that they'd run over it, like they were holding up football, like not wanting to fumble, and like run by the other ones and eat it by themselves real fast. And when they got down to like three or four left, there wasn't enough of them to catch any where. Those last three or four would just get out of the river knowing that they couldn't catch any anymore. So I thought that was pretty interesting. But I've only heard that from that area. Yeah, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: I honestly don't think fish is a huge portion of their diet, just because they are so hard to get, you know. I think obviously they're lying around the bank and something, they're definitely gonna eat them. I just don't think that that's a huge portion of their diet.
Speaker 4: Nay. Also rating, well, it's salmon again, rating the fish pins for the patcheries before they release, when they get up the big the tank for the biggest fish before release. They've been seen pilfering those things like up and down the West coast.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and of course we've all heard the stories of them rating the like the nets that native folks use to catch salmon, like the gillnets or whatever they're called. But as far as species, I don't think they care. Meat is meat, especially when you're eating you know, you know, dead possums from the side of the road. I don't think they care so much.
Speaker 3: No, but it is a great question. So thanks for that, j D. And yeah, soon an email. Let me know what part of Norhichwards you are from. So here's another voice from the past, the og finding Bigfoot fan Michael, Hey, cliff Man, Bobo. How are my friends doing today? I'll get right to it.
Speaker 9: This past spring, me and my girlfriend went hiking in the New Jersey Pine barrens, kind of right across the street where I possibly might have found a few haven hour track a couple.
Speaker 4: Of years ago.
Speaker 9: And while we were walking, I looked off to my side and saw like a flash of brown and like the little white thing and something heavy getting up. And I'm initially thinking, okay, I might have just you know, spooked a buck, a white tailed deer, and that was it, you know, that was the white of it's tail going off. But then after thinking about it, I'm like, huh, the thing again did sound really heavy, So I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Are you guys aware if white tail deer.
Speaker 9: Bucks sound heavy when they get up in any sort of way, or did I possibly maybe disturb a bigfoot that was resting there as it got up, And initially I'm not going to that, but initially going with it was a deer, but you know, never know because just the bottom apartment also might have been his feet that I saw. But hey, I hope you guys are all having a good day. Love you guys, Cliff and Matt. I'll see you guys in November. And Kentucky see it.
Speaker 3: And yes, that was Michael Madden. He didn't say his name in the voicemail, but I could see from the submission that it was him, So thank you, Michael. And yes, deer make a lot of noise when they're trying to get away from you. You know, they can be very quiet when they're trying to, you know, sneak around or be undetected. But I just jumped to deer in my neighborhood the other day. That was like right at the edge of the tree line, at the edge of where I walked circles around the neighborhood and spooked it and it crashed off and it was so loud it was pretty hilarious, Like it was just frantically trying to get away because I rounded a bind and I guess it didn't see me until I was super close to it, and it was very very loud, and I thought even in that moment, like, oh man, if I had heard that in the middle of nowhere, I might not have immediately assumed it was a deer because it was so loud and that wasn't even a buck, it was just a dough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it depends on the time of the season. I mean, it's this time of the year, like end of summer, early fall, you know, or midsummer, when things are dry and there's dry leaf litter everywhere, I mean, and broken like dried out twigs and branches that are just ready to snap, like you know, like that dry snap something. It can sound really loud.
Speaker 2: Everything's claud this time of year because of that same thing. Yeah, most likely it was a deer because there's a whole lot more of those and sasquatches, that's for sure. But Pian Barns is a wonderful place to go bigfooting. It was one of my favorite places that I went on the show. At least it was great that was cool.
Speaker 4: I was. I was shocked how rad that place was.
Speaker 2: It far exceeded my expectations, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and given that he saw it, you know, it seemed like from the visual identification, it looked like a deer, So I would assume that was probably a deer, which you know, Michael said, he assumed initially. But yes, they can be very very loud and sound very heavy, so that's the most likely culprit.
Speaker 4: But you should be encouraged that you had a possibility, even if it probably wasn't, should motivate you more to get out there.
Speaker 3: There you go, indeed, and we will see you at cryptocod in Lexington, Kentucky the weekend before Thanksgiving. I don't have those dates in front of me, but i'll put a link in the show notes.
Speaker 2: I'm booked. I'll be there, all right.
Speaker 3: So this is from one of our pigeons, but he sent it to the main voicemail, so I assume it is for the main show. Hey, gentlemen, this is Jay Charlotte.
Speaker 4: Thank you for taking my question.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering what sasquatch research item or items calls you the most buyer's remorse.
Speaker 4: Thank you the catchum study.
Speaker 2: You paid for it in my reputation, I guess you did pay for it.
Speaker 3: I did rewatch the Conan O'Brien clip recently, because when I was visiting my dad, I was I showed him that because you know, there's not a whole lot of there just finding bigfoot clips. But then you know, there's not a whole lot of like big interview clips, but that one was on there, and I had forgotten that you would. You had mentioned that study, which was promising at the time, so who could blame it?
Speaker 10: Cliff warned me like the day before when I was all, don't don't, I wouldn't quote that, it's not and then men was like I talked to was like, oh don't don't. Uh yeah, I wouldn't be quoting that, you know, like, don't be saying that's the for sure thing.
Speaker 4: And I was like, this is definitely it. You know.
Speaker 2: Well, it goes back to that thing I say often is that if you're talking about Bigfoot for a living, you're probably going to be wrong kind of a lot. It's okay.
Speaker 3: I think in terms of Jay's question, it's a great question because people are always asking for gear recommendations, but not enough people I think ask about, like, what did you buy that you regret the most. That's just like throwing money away. And to me, they all fall in the category of optics, and it's you know, I would say it's a toss up between any sort of low resolution or low refresh rate thermal Those are basically worthless. They're better than nothing, but you will really regret it if you spend the money on that. Any sort of night vision unit is basically not great for our purposes and for me personally. I know the technology has changed a lot, but one of the things I bought when I did that full time project was a GoPro, just thinking I would use the head strap or a chest strap. But at that time, this would have been like twenty twelve. You know, they had these little proprietary batteries with like a proprietary connector you couldn't just swap out like double as or triple as or whatever, and they only held a charge for so long because you know, those were like action cameras. They were used for like whitewater rapids or you know, doing tricks or stunts like BMX, biking, skateboarding, et They weren't meant to like document a six hour hike, you know what I mean. And so I just found like, oh, this isn't useful because you don't know when something's going to happen, so you need a camera that's on all the time. And to facilitate that, you either need a long lasting battery or something that you can just constantly swap out batteries easily. And so I had to buy a bunch of these proprietary batteries and only lasted for a little while, and I was like, man, I really regret.
Speaker 2: Buying this thing and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: So I would say cheap thermals, any sort of night vision scope, and a GoPro those are my biggest buyers.
Speaker 4: Remorse, I agree, you know that that. Yeah, I was thinking it's like more expensive things, but yeah, cheap optics and like people all the time and go like I got this new unit, you know, I got this night vision and it's like you look at it, it's like seventy nine dollars or one hundred and twenty nine dollars. It's like, dude, you just threw away your money. And then I'd say my other biggest regret was I bought six of those TKSE scouts. Those Fleer TCSE scouts are like five hundred bucks. I got to like on half a dozen of them for like four forty five or four thirty five or something like that. So I bought six of them. And those things just are such garbage.
Speaker 2: See now, I bought six of those for the expeditions that I was running to kind of circle back to a previous conversation here, and the customers seem to like them, but they aren't something unless the sasquatch is standing in your camp on the other side of the fire, You're not going to get good footage with it. It's more of a like a spotter scope. If anything, there's something in there, take a look.
Speaker 4: We use them. We deployed them as you detect a heat source and then we'll look at what the with the good therm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of what you have to do with it. So I do agree that. I mean I still have them. Of course, I probably probably just sell them at some point, you know, but I still have those do kind of I don't really regret buying them, because that was one of the selling points of the expeditions, is that every other person because I limited my my load to ten or twelve people. Every other person had had a flair in their hands. I mean it wasn't a great fleair, but it was flear nonetheless. But you know, to go in the opposite side of that, I bought a when we came back from the Paul on finding Bigfoot. The moisture and Nepaul destroyed one of my recording devices and we were in Chicago, and that was very sick in Chicago. I I got food poisoning from the plane and Bobo saved my life. And that in Chicago. Actually hero, I haven't heard that story. Oh yeah, well I think he's pretty much saved my life. And my perspective was like, you know, we're going to have three days down to kind of get used to the time zone. After we flew back from Nepaul, and the first woke up the first morning, it's like, well, we gotta do laundry, you know. So I was going to go do laundry with everybody and meet everybody at noon. Well I got down there and we're all meeting and so there's no room for me in the car, and Bobo, being the good guy, is is I'll take your lung. I'll throw it in before you don't worry about it. So I gave him my laundry and I went back up to the room, and like two hours later, the food poisoning hit me and and it it worked me. I don't think I've ever been so sick from food poisoning. Like for the next four hours, probably I would just randomly wake up somewhere, eat between my bed and the toilet, and like I would just I pass out, like i'd crawl. I find myself passed out on the floor. I just wake up in the middle of the floor somewhere in my room. And it's like I was such a mess. In about six or six thirty, there's a knock on my door and I go and it's Bobo. He goes, hey, Cliff, I got your law, dude, you look like crap, and what do you need And I said, I don't know, Bobo, I feel terror And he went to the store and bought me food and gatorade and everything, like cause I was a mess, dude, Like if I would have been left alone for their day, like I could have died from dehydration or god knows what I was.
Speaker 4: His skin color was white, and green like literally had green tins to his whole face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was in a bad I was in a bad spot, man, So you saved my life as far as I'm concerned. But anyway, when we're there, like on the third day, I was so bummed because Chicago seems like an awesome town to go poke around in and I've never been there before. And I spent you know, basically two and a half days in bed because we had to film one day four. So anyway, that last day, I was well enough to get out of bed and I wanted to go see the city a little bit. And it's not like I was going out drinking and going to restaurants, just kind of slow walking. But I wandered over to a music store and I bought myself a pretty nice recording device. It's like four hundred and fifty bucks or something like that, and I kind of regret that there's no need for that, because the recorders I finally settled in on at this point in my life costs about one hundred bucks one hundred and ten bucks. And I love those because you can leave them out in the rain, and well, if you leave them, they're not waterproof, but if you leave them out in the rain, you're only down one hundred bucks. And by the way, I have like four or five of these things now because I keep thinking I ruined them and I didn't.
Speaker 4: We are they olympus?
Speaker 2: No, No, I got a little task scam the dr fives or I don't know what. I've had to look at the number for you. But they're great. Little units are small. So I bought a really nice unit with a multiple track recording. It's like, that's completely unnecessary. I still have it. It's still a great unit, it's still wonderful, but I don't use it in the field. So that's something I have buyer's remorse.
Speaker 3: Amount you just prompted an idea. I mean, one thing I have buyer's remorse about I'm looking at it right now is a few years ago I bought a brand new Osprey at most AG fifty men's backpack and backpack for doing some of those back country trips, and then I've just stayed using the same pack I've been using since like six So if any listeners or pigeons out there want to buy a like new Osprey at most AG fifty, let me know, because I definitely regret buying that, and it's sitting here on my shelf. It has never been used. It's never left this basement's never been out in the field. So I regret it. But it can be yours.
Speaker 2: We could do, we can do a big thing to be on garage sales episodes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we still haven't had any offers from the pigeon on Bobo's truck, So Bobo, maybe you want to tell the main listeners about.
Speaker 2: It at this point.
Speaker 4: Twenty seventeen. Laramie Dodge Ram. It's got the comfort package, moonroof, sliding roar window. It's got a four thousand dollars camper show on the locking gun. It's a tall boy like the high rise camper show. It's got a locking gun box in it. It's got brand new custom or not Customer's got brand new off road Michelin tires. It's one hundred and thirty thousand miles.
Speaker 3: What happens if they're a California resident?
Speaker 2: What do they get? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's got a big footer plate. It says bigfooter on the plate, so you have the plate too.
Speaker 3: Send them in, folks, sending your offers. Relieve us of our buyer's remorse.
Speaker 6: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: So thank you Jay. And here is the next voicemail.
Speaker 4: Hello and Cliff, Bobo and Matt.
Speaker 11: It's Pull here from Queensland, Australia, Gold Coast and I just had a question regarding multiple sightings. They seem to be some people who are lucky enough to have all sorts of sightings, and I was wondering if you had a theory about that.
Speaker 4: Why it is that they.
Speaker 11: Seem to be attracted to Bigfoot perhaps or are they just lucky?
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 11: I was just wondering if you had a theory of how that seems to happen, because you know, there are other people who've been looking for years, decades and have never seen a thing. Some people just seem to be I don't know, is it lucky? So yeah, thank you very much. Also, i'd love to know if you might ever be thinking about coming back to Queensland. Thanks very much.
Speaker 4: Guys. Keep a squatching. Oh man, I'd love to go back. That's the place. That place is special. Yeah, the Gold Coast is awesome, I mean Blue Mountains I like the Gold Coast, but in the Blue Mountains places epic and I think it's a matter well they say luck is preparation meets opportunity whatever, but I mean I think it's luck. I mean being prepared, like you know, being alert that hells. But for me, it's all been pretty much. I mean, put yourself in the right area, but it's been luck. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a matter of the person being attracted to the sasquatches or the sasquatches being attracted to the person at all. I think it's almost completely dumb luck. But you got to put yourself in the right place to have that luck happen. Obviously, if you go to places where sasquatches are not, you can be the luckiest person in the world. You're not going to see one. But I think it's a matter of for me at least, and I haven't seen you know, I haven't seen like five or eight bigfoots or anything like that. Don't get me wrong, but it seems to me that the best strategy is go often to a place where you think they are, and that's really about it. But as far as people seeing multiple sasquatches, back in the day. I mean, I think John Green even said, or if he didn't say, the insinuated that if anybody who claims multiple sightings is probably lying. They said, well, that's not true at all. I mean, although he did say that it's certainlyossible to see them more often, but you kind of have to wonder about it, I think, is the way he worded it. More or less, you kind of have to wonder about these people unless there's just a good area. If you're in a really good area and they're cruising around, maybe you have a chance to see him. I don't know. I don't know. I'm still working on it, so I have to get back to you on that one. And gosh, I would love to go back to Australia for whatever it's worth. In fact, Chad Hamill, former showrunner for Finding Big, but he just moved to Australia, so I've got friends down there now. So yeah, there's good stuff happening. I'd love to get back down there, but we'll see.
Speaker 4: I could go back and defend my title. Is cool and got a chicken fight champion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. You're not You're not the young Bucky used to be Bobs I think.
Speaker 4: I could still. I could take those Aussi's out. I got Brenda on my back. We could do it.
Speaker 2: Sell tickets to that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The researchers that come to mind that I trust that describe multiple sidings. One of them had about half a dozen sidings, and that was at a place that he was at nearly full time for five years. The other ones would have been closer to like, maybe into a dozen sidings, and that was a place they were at for many hundreds of days and nights over a decade, a little over a decade actually, so over.
Speaker 4: Ten years, you know.
Speaker 3: So there there certainly are people who can have multiple sightings intentionally given enough time in the right place and by time, you know, you measure that time in years, in the in days and nights numbering in the hundreds. But I think to Cliff and Bobo's points, it is about being in the right place at the right time. And so if you find the right place and you can be there as close to all the time as possible, your odds do go up.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, I've seen a lot of silhouette, not a lot, but I've seen several silhouettes, and like you know, thermal, you know, at the distance. But I still have I still haven't had that setting where I've seen like muscles and you know, see the face and I got a glimpse. I got a glimpse of half of a face and half of us of a body of a squash. But it was so it was just like it was like a blink of an eye. It was was a So I still haven't had that like defining just jaw dropping, like oh my god, like one of those sidings like daylight or you know, car headlights or you know, well illuminated, nothing like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and both And if I can say I have two sightings, which would be weird. I think that the one in North Carolina was a sasquatch, but I even have doubts about that sometimes. And the one in Texas, who knows what that was. I mean maybe it was. I mean both of my if I count both of them even as sightings, they don't even add up to one good one. So they're both class B B minus, I would say. But whatever, So luck, Yeah, just keep going back.
Speaker 3: Indeed, Yeah, being out there all the time, like Bobo said, luck is where preparation meets opportunity. But you can make opportunity and the other saying that I really love is like opportunity dances, but only with those who are already on the dance floor. So get your dance and shoes on, Paul, get out there here ease. Another voicemail.
Speaker 12: Hi guys, Matt from Cleveland, Ohio. Again, Cliff, I mention you at the Red River Gorge Bigfoot Festival in Kentucky. And man, that wasn't honor, Like I couldn't. I couldn't believe that I met you, and and I saw Jeff Melsrum and the Mountain monsters. But my question that I that I thought of is I saw the Patterson film and the Freeman film, and I've heard people talk about this that when they when the creatures walk, it's like a rise, pause and fall movement and they say that's like the mid tarsal break doing that or causing that. I just wanted to get your thoughts on that. And and if you guys have ever noticed that with the with those Bigfoot videos kind of that that specific movement.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and like always keep it squashy hmm. Well, the rise, pause and fall thing. You can see that in the in the pall in the Freeman footage, both Freeman footages, which is interesting, But Patty, I don't think, really does that at all. She has more that smooth glide that is often reported, and I think that is mostly a function of the speed that the animal is walking. The Freeman animal wasn't walking very quickly. It wasn't trying to get out and necessarily trying to leave the area immediately. It actually exposed itself and looked at Paul pretty good and then as maybe like, hey, watch yourself kind of think, and Patty did the same thing. But Patty in the PG film, she just basically walked, kind of assessed the situation, took a look at the guys, and walked away. People criticized the PG film by saying, well, why didn't you just run off into the woods or whatever, But she did very typical Sasquatch behavior, something that we call the castle and moat idea, where the bigfoots are always in the castle and there's always a moat between you and it. They basically they try to put some sort of obstacle between where it is and where you are. It could be a river, it could be a stand of trees. In the PG film, it was actually the big the logjam, the big pile of debris there. So she took the shortest route to get that obstacle between her and Roger and Bob, and then she basically walked straight away from them. The Freeman footage is a little bit and when she's walking by the way, when Patty is walking, it's very very smooth. And the step lengths were like forty two inches or something if I remember right, forty two forty three inches somewhere in there, and so she was kind of cooking. She was moving in like five miles an hour or something. Somebody did the calculations once. I don't remember how how fast that was, but she was going pretty fast. Not running, but she was really moving. And in fact, I was talking to Isaac t In a few months ago he says that at first she wasn't moving that fast, and it was when Roger started to chasing her, when maybe when Bob crossed the river, that she really started hoofing it. And that's when she started the arm swings, Like the arms weren't swinging as much in the early couple frames of the film. I guess when she really started moving, that's when you see the inline step, that tight rope walk thing that people make way too much of. That's not a consistent feature. That it's way overblown, but it does exist. And also her arms are swinging and she's really moving, and that's when you get the compliant gait. That compliant gate is from the bending of the knee to kind of cushion at ackt like a shock absorber for their huge mass, and that's why you get that not a lot of head bob But in the in the framan footage, the thing's moving pretty slowly, and I believe that it kind of walked, walked through, shot a couple of mean glances at Paul, and then walked back towards where it may have picked up a juvenile, because if you've seen that section of the footage later on, it does seem to be picking something up, and it does in fact look like danglely legs, like some sort of infant thing. So who knows. And to add to it a little bit, it's interesting that Paul. I'd have to check the dates on this one, and I have to look at my computer right now, but Paul filmed another one previously in April, and he never released it because it wasn't very good. You can barely see anything in it. There's a really lousy version of it out on YouTube somewhere I forget where. But that same April, though, Paul cast those juvenile footprints. Those were like the seven inches or something like that. He casts juvenile footprints in the general vicinity of where these things were being filmed in nineteen ninety two, And so it does kind of make sense that maybe the creature and the deduct footage, the famous Freeman footage, does in fact picked up something. So I think the animal was kind of like maybe showboating in the sect for a moment to kind of show Paul like I'm here, I'm big and bad. You stay there, And then it walked pretty much directly towards where it may be picking up the juvenile later. We don't know, but different gates, different bounce to the head because different speeds of the walk, and I think that has a lot to do with them.
Speaker 6: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. Will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: And so here's the last of the voicemails before we go into a few of the written questions.
Speaker 8: Hey, Cliff and Bobo. This this j Z from Nebraska. I wanted to know, since you eat, sleep, and do everything Bigfoot, do you ever have dreams about Bigfoot at night? Thanks for your podcast.
Speaker 13: I'm really enjoying it, and I also really loved Finding Bigfoot when it was on. Thanks a lot for doing the research, I believe.
Speaker 4: Thank you for listening and watching.
Speaker 2: We've talked about this, Bobo, do you have dreams about Bigfoot?
Speaker 4: I used to know because I just didn't really dream that much about too much. But over the last few years, I mean I've always had them. It's more like daydreaming. I have tons of daydreams about them, like all day. But yeah, I've had some. You know. It actually made me more empathetic and sympathetic to people that report like having these scary like they be like I had these scary dreams, and like they then they'd be afraid out in the field. I'd be like, it's just a dream, dude, Like what are you tripping on? Like it's just a dream. Why do you look that body? And then I had some really like where I remember the dreams really clear, like uh, like where I was super traumatized in the dream, like I had like a face to face like you know, like ten feet the thing steps out on the path like and like where people have described me, you know, like where it's it's just looks evil and its face is snarling and its eyes are just glaring at you, and looks like it's going to kill you, you know, like it's it's this massive thing just back like and like that whole I had some really like I guess nightmares, you know, like and I was like, whoa that was? That was intense that maybe like maybe I don't want to like face to face up close one like like that close. You know, I always thought I did, Yeah you do. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't say I dream about sasquatches.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I may be doing bigfoot things or maybe at the museum sometimes in my dreams, but I can't say I've observed sasquatches in my dreams. I think I have once, I don't remember what the context was, because I'm one of those people that doesn't remember their dreams very well. You know, once you wake up, it kind of fades and suddenly it's gone. So I don't know. I wish I could help you better, JC, but I just I just don't really dream about sasquatch stuff. Yeah, I mean, which is good because that gives me some sort of balance to my life. At least eight hours a day, I'm not thinking about bigfoot.
Speaker 3: I've never seen a sasquatch in my dreams, and I am a pretty vivid dreamer and I remember them.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I do dream about often, much to my dismay, is editing. I dream about waveforms going by and me editing them. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Used to have tons of dreams about getting attacked by a great white shark.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Well, let's grab There are three written submissions that have come in, so let me throw those in here before we roll over to our beloved pigeons.
Speaker 4: Let's see what we got. First off, Sarah, pray. What does that say? Pro is that pray?
Speaker 2: There's two a's I would say, pray.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Sarah, pray. Hey, Cliff and Bobo, I want to thank you for all your time in the field and collecting scientific data to support the existence of the creature. Do you feel as if sasquatch are becoming bolder and more curious? What would you recommend to someone who encounters one? Should we run or hold our ground, Blue says hi to you both. Hello, I know who that is. Hello, Sarah. Yeah, I didn't know the last name there. I know who this is now.
Speaker 2: But I don't think sasquatches are becoming anything different than they always were. I don't think they're like there's a there's a change in their behaviors. I just don't see that anywhere. So, and remember, these things are individuals. You can't say this is true for the entire species continent wide or anything like that. It's just that some are some are curious, some don't want anything to do with you, Some are bold, some are very timid, some do this, some do that. They're They're not like white mice or something that you can pretty much if you know one, you know them all sort of thing. But I mean, who knows, maybe white mice, you know, like laboratory mice. Maybe other personalities as well. I don't know, but these things definitely have personalities and individual traits and proclivities of their own.
Speaker 3: So what say you run or hold their ground?
Speaker 4: Well, I've found whenever I don't, if I just stand there, they just they'll leave, like they take it to a certain point. And then if you don't buckle and take off. They'll just they'll just like just let you know they're just gruntled like they like, and then just walk off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd say hold your ground or walk slowly towards them. Yeah, yeah, because you walk towards them, you might get some footage or something like that. But run You aren't gonna outrun one anyway, and then it's dangerous to go running around in the woods frankly, you know, Yeah, hold your ground if you're really worried about it, just like crouch down on the ground and try not to make direct eye contact with him. But I mean, how are you going to stop yourself from staring at the thing that you want to see so bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would definitely recommend the holding the ground that that sort of reminds me. I don't think I've ever told this story of the podcast, but many years ago, right when I had first joined the BFRO, I was invited to go out in the field with these other people and they were quite the cast of characters. And so we did this night walk one night and there was something moving around in the brush and so I went after it. I could tell it was something small, and they were.
Speaker 4: Like, I tell him he's there, don't go over, he's here.
Speaker 3: And as I started walking towards it, it froze and one of the guys shouted. He said, no, go, no further.
Speaker 4: He's holding his ground.
Speaker 3: And then I shine in the light and it was an armadillo, which we now have in North Georgia. But you know, back when I was going up, there were no armadillos in southern appal Asia and now they're everywhere, so I'd never seen one out in the woods before, and so I was like, oh wow, you know, and I said that out loud, and the guy thought I was looking at a sasquatch because he couldn't see what I was seeing.
Speaker 4: And he goes, I.
Speaker 3: Bet you never seen them, Like guess have you? And I said, now, I've never seen an armadillo in the wild before. They got pretty deflated, and so on the way back he said, I bet you're going to tell them b f ros we ain't real bigfoot researchers. And I was like, no, I probably won't tell too many people about this, but now, what is it. Eighteen years later, I'm telling tens of thousands of people about it.
Speaker 4: So, uh, you know, my first armadilla encounter was I think I was. I think I was with Renee maybe, but we were at the Bridges property down in Florida, North Florida. And then I was hearing the sun. It was dry leaves and everything like I was hearing this. You know, there's obviously something making a bunch of noise went to the leeds and I was like, I can't identify the animal, like I kind of, I can't identify it. Then we couldn't see it on thermal, and then finally we got on thermal and I was like, no way's armadilla. And I was like I I was just it was. It was. But being from the West, you know, I never you know, California. I'd never heard one in the in the in the so it was a learning experience for sure.
Speaker 3: Every time I read those words hold your ground, you know, I can hear that guy's voice in my mind going, don't go no further.
Speaker 4: He's holding his ground. I want to hang out with these guys.
Speaker 2: Sound like fun?
Speaker 3: Alrighty, Well, let me grab the next written submission.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 3: We'll be getting a lot of these kind of questions which are often very fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, this question comes from Drew Ryan, Hey, guys, I love the show. If you could go back in time and have a conversation about Bigfoot with any historical figure or any person in general, who would it be?
Speaker 4: For me?
Speaker 2: Personally, I would choose Teddy Roosevelts. I would love to hear him tell the story of his Bigfoot encounter in person, and maybe even be lucky enough to go on an expedition with them.
Speaker 4: Awesome for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if Teddy Roosevelt had a big Foot encounter. He did tell the story of the Bauman incident.
Speaker 4: No, he did, as willdness Hunter book, he had one in Washington State, something that he couldn't identify, a circle in the camp growling and making weird noises and breaking big branches, and he didn't he didn't think it was a bear horror move.
Speaker 2: Not sure that's accurate. He did talk about sounds like something coming down the hill making a lot of noise, but not circling the camp and breaking I don't think that's accurate, But for whatever that's worth, that's.
Speaker 4: Worth a lot. Maybe I was mixing it up with the Ballman story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe, maybe, Yeah, But I think he mentioned having vocals eight or hearing something wailing or something and going down the hillside one other time. But it's not like he had one in camp or something. I'm pretty confident of that one.
Speaker 4: I'd take Albert Osman his bigfoot kidnapping story. That'd be the one I'd talk to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were just born a few years too late for that one. Hmm. That's a hard question. I'm drawn towards the Ape Canyon story, but I don't know if I would want to talk to Fred Beck necessarily, maybe Leroy Smith and one of the other guys that was there with him.
Speaker 4: But who who had a more long sustained observation than Osman.
Speaker 2: I don't know, No, probably nobody. But I have doubts about Ousmin.
Speaker 4: Don't you Derek Cliff, don't you do it?
Speaker 2: Don't go there, Cliff, I've been hold my ground, Bobo, don't go no further. No, I don't know. I mean Oustmin'. There's things about it that ring true, and there's an awful lot that doesn't. So I don't know. I don't know about Osmin. It's one of those that the things that I don't it don't come down real hard on either side.
Speaker 4: So that is a good question.
Speaker 3: I'd be cool to talk to like any of the early folks who were gathering information, Like it would have been cool to talk to Avan Sanderson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's my second.
Speaker 2: Oh what about that the cop from Bellingham? What's his name?
Speaker 4: Joe Dunn?
Speaker 2: Joe Dunn. Yeah, that's the guy, because he's the first guy that anybody was doing anything with, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Or like Jeanie Chapman, giveny of those early classic witnesses, I guess if there was someone to sit down with, Ousmin would be a good one, because even if you had doubts, it's like, wow, it's still be fun to interview the guy for you know, a day and see what you could come up with get some information.
Speaker 4: Or J. W.
Speaker 3: Burns, I don't just it's fascinating to think about people gathering information at a time when you could look at the whole of North America and there were less than a dozen people total gathering that information. Like how amazing.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm assuming Ausman's told like he's not, you know, he had this event happen. Just hearing people tell other stories about a sighting or this or that is nothing comparative like this guy lived them for a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, I'd like to talk to any of the Blue Mountain folks. I mean, Paul's dead. I know Michael pretty well, I kind of know Dwayne and his other son. But I'd love to take the Paul because there's some discrepancies that I think are pretty easily worked out if you could just talk to the guy, you know, like what happened immediately after the d Duck footage for example, or you know, West Summerland probably would have been a lot of fun to talk to. Totally missed him, but I've got a lot of friends who had spoken to him. That's kind of what I'm doing now. I mean, there's all sorts of historical figures still walking around on the planet, and I'm trying to try down and get a hold of them. Just got a hold of another guy out in the Blues that the historical guy that isn't active anymore. I'm going to call him this afternoon and meet with him next Thursday. Actually, these opportunities are still here, and I think that's one of the neat things about what we're doing at the NBC at least, and the position weren't as a podcast unit here. Drew is that we're we're trying to track down these historical figures and actually have those conversations that we missed out on back in the day with you know whoever else, you know, Roger Patterson or Paul Freeman or you know Albert Osman or Fred Beck, any of those folks. We're trying to do that before it's too late. And I think that's really cool. Oh I'd love to talk to Bob Timmus.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he was there from the very beginning. But I'd love to speak to Jerry Crew. You know, I know so much just by speaking to his son about the event. I mean, imagine what Jerry has to off or he was actually there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would have really been a good one. I think there's a few of those figures who probably collected a whole lot more information that we never heard about. Besides Bob Tipness, Like, I think Jim Howkin would have been another one, because those brief writings of his are great.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jim Howkins is very interesting stuff, very interesting character, probably got into pretty some UFO stuff towards later in life. Larry Lend was telling me because he knew Jim pretty well. Jack Sullivan. There's another one that you know. He was a teacher over in Colton. I think his son works as some Chevy dealership, but I'm having a hard time tracking him down. But threads exist. You maybe you can't talk to the person, but you can talk to the person right next to that person. Like I spoke to John Crewe, Jerry Crew's son, for example, and you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think. Who was I talked to someone's grand great niece one time, and like, god, who was? It was an old timer that had and I remember she she'd only you know, hung out of them and heard him talk about it a couple of times with who she But anyway, she enlightened me, like just a couple of things, like she just threw out like just kind of like how like didn't think anything of it. And I was like, what he said, but what you know, it's like one of those situations and I was like, oh, you know, I learned something from them.
Speaker 2: Even Yeah, there's a lot to learn from the historical record of the people who were there, who either watched it or knew the people who watched it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, Yeah, definitely not getting to meet Tom Slickson. That was very cool, obviously, Like the highlight for me was getting to meet John Green. It's been a few days with him. But there's a lot of these people still around. Some of them, you know, I don't want to mention on the podcast because I don't want someone else to go scoop them before we get interview them. But there's several people that I hold in high esteem that have never given interviews that I think would be great to have on this podcast. But they are, like Cliff meanged, very very hard to track down. But we're always still kind of working on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'll be extending an invitation this Thursday to the person I'm meeting with. Hopefully they can come on the podcast and regale us with some you know, cool stories from the past.
Speaker 6: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: Here is the final written submission for the September Q and A episode.
Speaker 4: Mike from Vermont. I'll be attending the New York big Foot Conference in October after hearing about it for a few episodes. It's going to be the first non work conference i'll attend. In general, what can I expect? What do you like or not like from attendees? Just shower, be where you take a picture with us. That's the rough, especially when it's like a summer one, when it's like super hot and tumid out Like a yeah, take a shower and brush your teeth please, if you're gonna come up and put your arm around me and talk close for a couple of minutes. That's that's my only advice. And then, uh, what do I like about it? It's a Well, you're gonna you're gonna meet some really cool people. You're gonna hear's some great stories. You're gonna learn something. You're gonna you're gonna hear some kind of big foot behavior that maybe you've never heard before. You've heard once or you know once or twice over the years, but you just weren't sure. You know, did you meet someone face to face? I can tell you they saw the same behavior. You know. Gosh, there's a you can get some cool uh you know for your office or workspace or home decorator. You get some cool little bigfoot trinkets, you know, like little decorations or stickers or whatever. I mean there's there's some fun stuff there, and you're gonna meet cool people, and you're gonna learn some uh you're gonna learn some stuff about bigfoot behavior, and you'll learn about uh some semi delusional people, delusional people, very fact focused people. You'll you'll uh learn all kinds of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think from the New York conference in particular. I mean this is being co organized by Mark de Werth, who does the Ohio Conference here year, which is one of my favorite conferences. Love going to Ohio. There's always good events out there, and Mark's been running his like clockwork for a long time now, so he's kind of helping organize this one. So I think you can expect a well run gig basically a well run show, uh in this one. I mean, doctor Meldrum is going to be there, doctor Estemon Sarmiento, who's a definitely have conversations with him. He's amazing, super funny guy. I'll be there, Renee will be there, Adam Davies will be there. So you kind of get out of these things what you put in in a way, it depends and also depends what kind of person you are and what you enjoy if if you like learning stuff and whatever, take a small notebook to all the lectures you know and take notes that sort of thing. I know, doctor Meldrum always puts on a very informative talk and Esteban, who knows what he'll talk about. He's great, He's unpredictable and chaotic, he's wonderful and super knowledgeable. And you spend time over there in Africa dealing with gorillas and things like that, and like living in the rush amongst the gorillas and super knowledgeable at primates in general. But yeah, you get out of it what you put into it, essentially. If the lectures aren't your bag, then maybe then you like shopping or something. There's probably a lot of vendors there. Visit every vendor, look over what they have, talk to him, see what they have to offer. A lot of cute stuff, a lot of innovative products in general, not like bigfooting gear necessarily, although sometimes you get some of that there, but definitely cute things for the kitchen or something, you know, that sort of deal. Yeah, I think you're just gonna enjoy yourself kind of being surrounded by like minded individuals exploring a topic that you obviously find interesting. I think you're gonna get a lot out of it. These these are good networking opportunities. These are great opportunities to hear a little bit directly from the mouth of people who you know, maybe were on TV shows, or you can ask them, was that real? What was the story behind this? That kind of stuff. It's just a good opportunity, and you'll find that these people that you might may or may not be putting on a pedestal, Like a guy earlier commented that he was super super honored to meet me and say, well, that's nice, but it's just me. I'm no big deal. I often say, don't put me on a pedestal because you don't want to see what's up my skirt. But you're going to find that these people that you put on a pedestal are just folks. They're just folks who are learning about the subject just like you. And I think that's one of the valuable things about going to these things is you can actually make contact with people that you might look up to in the field. Bigfoot is such a feel that your idols can become your friends, and I think that that's an important thing to remember here. We're all just folks exploring a similar interest. So that's what you can expect out of the New York conference, which is on October third and fourth out there in Johnstown, New York. Go ahead and click the link that Matt Prutals probably put in the show notes below if you want more information.
Speaker 3: And that does it for the September twenty twenty five Q and A episode.
Speaker 4: Okay, folks, well that's another episode. Thanks for joining us, and if you have any questions send them in to us. You can leave a voicemail or you can write it out and so we appreciate you tuning in. Spread the word. If you've got a story or something Bigfoot in County you want to share with us, we'd like to hear from you too. Till next week, you all keep it squatchy.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond.