Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 2: Good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now, yes.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, her, what did you got?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, wakey, wakey, hands off, snakey Rob Ryan Show, check it in, throw.
Speaker 1: It back Thursday. Wizard's got some good ones in there for you today.
Speaker 2: You'll be voting all morning long on the world famous Rot Ryan Show blog page.
Speaker 1: At the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: This is the show today.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to meet Melanie.
Speaker 2: Don't know anything about her, although she was picked to play Read my Lips. She's gonna be in studio with us at around eight twenty this morning, taking on Alex Read my Lips, her volbeat Hailstorm tickets. Wow, back up, homeroom, Good morning, Homeroom. Oh, Danny Boy, Danny Danny Boy, going for win number four, fresh out of bed, head to your head, six to twenty.
Speaker 1: Cody victory speech out of him right.
Speaker 2: Well, No, that piece of technology here in this room has not been fixed yet, so no victory speeches.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: But Cody Jinks is playing tonight. It's a big night here in Houston. Cody Jinks is playing tonight at the Rodeo. I got tickets for you in homeroom, and you know that Papa Roach Rise against is tonight. I've got tickets in the pit, so Chilly put those on. Know the show. He's gonna make you wait the whole show for that ghost tickets at seven twenty, Buzzfest tickets at nine ten. I got no rain today and tonight sunny skies, highs of around.
Speaker 1: Seventy beautiful, beautiful day.
Speaker 2: Good morning Alex.
Speaker 1: What are Houston's headlines? Well, good morning Rod.
Speaker 5: But firefighters continue to battle a wildfire in Santa Sino County after at least thirteen hundred acres were burned yesterday afternoon and is now grown over seven hundred acres overnight, so we're at two thousand acres of burned stuff right now. At least three hundred homes are currently being threatened by the fire, and as of last night, it was only ten percent contained. The wildfire is happening northwest of FM seventeen to twenty five and also Brooks Road in Santacino County. Montgomery County officials say that residents off of Pauline Road, Lee Turner Road, Kirby Road, Buck Road or Big Buck Road, Hereford Way, and Blue Teal Road should all evacuate. President Donald Trump plans to use an executive order today directing the shutdown of the US Department of Education. While the administration has already implemented significant cuts to the department, fully dismantling the agency has going to require Congressional action. You were just going to instruct Education Secretary Linda McMahon to facilitate the department's closure and transfer control to the States. Similar efforts have faced opposition in the past, even within the Republican Party, and we're rejected by Congress. So let's get into some march madness that officially gets underway today.
Speaker 1: Have you filled out your bracket ride? I haven't.
Speaker 2: I normally don't unless you force me to do one. I don't know anything about it. How do I pick my team? I will print us out brackets. We are we betting on, sir, I mean very little. I'd like to bet very little. I mean I'm in for twenty bucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm down for twenty all right, Chili Chili has to us.
Speaker 6: It's not as fun if it's.
Speaker 5: Just okay people and a wizard can get it to follow out the men's and women's Because I.
Speaker 2: Am that sexist got a graph out, I'll get you my brackets after I graph it out.
Speaker 6: He might win because he's got all the science behind it.
Speaker 5: Around one in six Americans plan to fill out a bracket this year, and apparently it's a lot easier if you know nothing about basketball, because a poll found that people's top strategies for filling out their brackets include hunches, vibes, and whatever their friends think. Eighteen percent of Americans think that they follow basketball closely enough to make good picks, while another sixty percent say they've got very limited knowledge. Twenty two percent of people will say that asking friends is their top strategy, while twenty two percent are basically it.
Speaker 2: Picks up of vibes. How close?
Speaker 1: How close are we to AI ruining all betting? H?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think that that's what I kind of get annoyed with the ESPN AD for their their brackets right now. They're like, if you don't know what you want to do, then we'll fill it out for you. Like, then, don't fill out a bracket if you you either fill it out yourself, or don't fill out a bracket if.
Speaker 2: You're in for money, and like for me, like if anybody has a cool Ai bracket filler out, shoot it over to me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's never been wrong before. That's all I know.
Speaker 1: This is definitely Jai.
Speaker 5: Today, thirty one percent of Americans expect to follow the tournament close to this year. And entertainment news Tina Fey got kind of real about her feelings on side hustles for the uber wealthy while talking to her friend Amy Poehler on Pohlar's podcast, The thirty Rock Star made it clear that she's not a fan of rich people chasing extra dollars, saying, quote, I have a problem with rich people having a side hustle. Poller kind of pushed back on that, and she was like, no, I still judge them. And the conversation comes as more celebrities like Lily Allen revealed their unexpected side gigs. Alan recently revealed that her OnlyFans foot picks make her more money than her Spotify streams do. Other celebrity side gigs include various liquor brands owned by Celebrits like Ryan Reynolds, Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt. So she's going at everybody that's got any sort of side hustle.
Speaker 2: I became I became a gin drinker because of Ryan Reynolds. I see, maybe he's bringing people in. One day, I said, you know what, that's enough. I don't want to just drink beer all the time. Beer's my number one. It's my favorite. Okay, smiling's my favorite, and then beer, right, And then I said, I need a drink, Like I need a drink if I'm out. Somebody says, hey, you want to drink. You look classy, and I said, okay, let me try this Ryan Reynolds gin.
Speaker 1: It was aviation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're they're delicious, They're they're refreshing. It's a wonderful drink.
Speaker 1: So he likes the Rocks Tea Moana tequila. Yes, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, you'd be silly to be a celebrity and not try to make some extra cake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. It's hard to say, like what to do with your money. And Tina Fate does commercials.
Speaker 5: But she's not like, I guess, yeah, it is a side gig. It's do an ad, that's a side hustle. But she's not like pushing a product that she's saying as hers. I guess, And I guess that's the difference. So where does she draw the line?
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but yeah, she's also like talking about the Kardashians where they've got makeup, skincare, lifestyle brands. I guess she's saying, like, leave some for everybody else. Okay, I don't know. That's an interesting conversation that they had. Spashy Pumpkins front man Billy Corgan is a new dad. He and his wife, Chloe Mindel, just welcomed their third child, a new baby girl, who was born March eighteen. Corgan shared that mom and baby are both doing great and that his other two kids are thrilled about their new baby sister.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headlines. Corgan's older than me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these firing rockets, ball bag, the ball bags, ball bags are unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say too much. They might get him for Center Genics. Yeah, all right, what do you got over there?
Speaker 6: Centergenics would be nothing without smashing Pumpkins.
Speaker 2: All right, So more March madness.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, last two playing games yesterday, the Kubs can win this thing.
Speaker 1: He got a good shot, Yeah, a good shot.
Speaker 5: So last night the Mount Saint Mary's got by American University eighty three seventy two, and Xavier came back to beat UT eighty six to eighty and the playing games the first round officially starts today. Some notable games on the Schedule's get a kick off at eleven fifteen AM with Louisville taking on Creighton, and then you of h is gonna play SIU Edwardsville at one o'clock. They're gonna absolutely smoke him in that game, and you could listen to that one on our sister station AM nine to fifty k vrc A, and m is gonna play Yale at six twenty five and Texas Tech will take on UNC Wilmington at nine ten.
Speaker 1: You can watch all.
Speaker 5: The games on CBS, tn T, TBS and True TV.
Speaker 1: In the NBA, the.
Speaker 5: Rockets, hottest team in basketball, beat the Magic last night one sixteen to one oh eight. It was their eighth straight win and they also clinched a playoff berth with win. If the season ended today, Rockets would be the number two seed in the Western Conference playoffs. They're gonna have a day off now before they play the Heat tomorrow night in Miami and down at Spring training, Astros loss to the Mets yesterday eight to two. They'll play the Marlins today down in Jupiter, Florida. First pitches at twelve ten. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go four hours of pain.
Speaker 2: Would you like the first phone call? Would you like to set the tone and get us started this morning? I'd love to have you on.
Speaker 1: What do you want to get it started with? What do you want to talk about? Seven?
Speaker 2: One, three, two, two, nine four five. If you're brave enough for that first phone call, we'll love to have We'd love to have you in. It's gonna be a busy one today. Guy, strap yourselves in ninety four or five the buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's show Breaking Benjamin in the Diary of Jane. We are off and running. Four hours of Pain Throwback Thursday. Chili's got those songs up on links and guests where you can vote all morning long. Winning song will be played at nine point thirty this morning. Happy spring, first day of spring. And I'll tell you what you couldn't have dialed up?
Speaker 1: A pretty looking day.
Speaker 2: No rain today and tonight, clear sky, sunny, high of seventy I'd like to dial that up every day. That's like my dream forecast right there. Maybe a little warmer, but sunny, sunny in seventy What is this, San Diego. It's a perfect Danny Boys going for win number four, fresh out of bed. Head to head three eleven bad Flower tickets is what you'll be playing for a couple of wins away. He can wrap it up this week. As a matter of fact, this guy, this poor guy started with us before we went on spring break. Danny Boy's been playing for three months. Yeah, and he's only going Vietnam.
Speaker 1: He's been playing this game.
Speaker 2: He's only going for what number four, and he's been on since Nam. Cody Jinks Tonight Rodeo Houston. You're gonna get those tickets in home room. As I mentioned, can't wait to beat Melanie. I'm sure she's gonna be awesome, hopefully for Alex's sake, not too awesome. Alex has to take her on and read my lips today. As we continue having you guys come in and play read my lips every week, Bowl beat Hailstorm tickets. I got, I got a few spring things. I know you're already kind of talking about March madness. So is this Today's the day which the ground starts today, so that means.
Speaker 1: Like everybody, no one's doing any work. That was my question.
Speaker 2: Today's the day that like there's extra long lunches and productivity goes to goes to everybody's out, gotcha.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that's the day and then this we're really the only thing most people are doing today, but don't besides basketball.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there some stat fun fact that we used to share about this time of year was the most popular for vissectomies. Yes, we talked about that, right, because then you get like a couple of days.
Speaker 5: Off, two days at the end of the week, and then you get the full weekend of like this is where the most games happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're just laying on the couch with the sweatpants and the.
Speaker 1: Vasectomy and the bag of peas.
Speaker 2: The snipped nuts, and you're just watching basketball day. Okay, lots of stuff for you on links and guests, those pit tickets to Papa Roach Chili, you know his body.
Speaker 1: He's gonna make you.
Speaker 2: Wait the whole damn show. He put those on, know the show. And I see a lot of phone lines ringing here. Let's go say hi to somebody.
Speaker 1: It's now time for the first phone call of the day. Hey Paul, good morning, Good morning brother. Hey dude, and there's some serious things going on too.
Speaker 2: Alex is leading with Houston's headlines with this wildfire.
Speaker 1: What do you know about it, Paul?
Speaker 7: Well, I live about two miles away from that Blueteal road that was on the malandatory evacuations. I'm about two miles away from there.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I didn't.
Speaker 7: Really I didn't really know much about it yesterday evening, but I could hear the sirens from my house. And then my wife woke me up early this morning and she said, Hey, there's evacuations going on.
Speaker 1: And it's real close and whatever.
Speaker 7: I left for work this morning, I can swell to smoke.
Speaker 2: So are you on a mandatory evacuation or I'm not not yet?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Are you to the point now I'm I'm surprised you're going into work, Paul. Are you so I was on the fence? That's I do that too. I do that too. Are you to the point where you're thinking of, okay, things that I need to take if I need to get things out of my house. Are you at that point yet making a list of things or gathering things to possibly get out of the house.
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, well I've got I've got livestock. So something happens, I need to make some phone calls and get.
Speaker 2: We've got to go. Okay, Paul, I wish you the best over there, I really do. Alex said he was going to keep an eye on this all morning long. It'll be his headline for sure. So yeah, and that smoke, the smoke plume, they said it's going all the way to It could be going all the way to Baytown. It's wild.
Speaker 1: You can smell it. Huh, Paul by your house. I mean it's got to be strong.
Speaker 7: Yes, oh yeah, it's real strong.
Speaker 1: All right, dude, please keep us posting. Paul, I wish you the best. Okay, thank you, thank you. We're thinking of everybody out there in that area for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay. On the flip, got a reck check for you. We'll find out what trending will get set up for the game. We won't have a victory speech. Awesome, Rock and Alter.
Speaker 1: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Ah, Yeah, we rock and we Alternative Good Morning Rod Ryan's Show. You know what, I love you and I mean it when I say it. You know that I hadn't mentioned at all. I said we're playing read my lips, but I didn't actually say, hey, guys, send me your word suggestions.
Speaker 1: Because we're playing read my lift. But you guys are so good.
Speaker 2: So many of you already have sent me lists of words to potentially use for the matchup against the matchup between Alex and Melanie that's happening at eight twenty this morning. So great job on that. Thank you for the nudge to tell everyone else, Hey, give me your word suggestions for the game today. Beautiful day on tap, sunny skies, no rain, highs up around seventy. Happy first day of spring everyone, once you got over there, what's trending?
Speaker 5: Spring is trending. Everybody's talking about how excited they are.
Speaker 6: It's the first day I spread.
Speaker 2: I have this old spring song that sometimes I have to be a bit of a gatekeeper on this show, and I don't just assume that everything that I think is funny everyone's gonna find funny. But I find this song very fun Yeah, but it's a little like I could already hear the Wizard, like, oh, it's a little warm, like a it's like a minute fourteen seconds I want to play it today.
Speaker 1: It's not that bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've played it before and it's gotten mixed reviews.
Speaker 1: Is there a way worse stuff from it in fourteen?
Speaker 2: I'm sure yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's funny. I'm gonna play it today. Good, all right? What else? March madness is trending.
Speaker 5: The first round of the NCAA Men's Tournament starts today and people are finishing filling out their brackets gut until about eleven am hour time to do so. And then also trending is the Santacino County fire. It has burned two thousand acres so far. It grew overnight and is now it's just ten percent contained. After growing overnight, firefighters continue to try and contain it as much as they can.
Speaker 1: Or those are which is trending. On ninety four five, the buzz.
Speaker 2: I said that we would have everything squared away with victory speeches.
Speaker 1: Today and we're not so good.
Speaker 8: Boy.
Speaker 2: This is Danny boy, and I'm going for win number four, fresh out of bed, head to head bitches that sort of thing. You know, anybody doesn't need the speech. Okay, he's taking names, he's kicking ass. He's going for win number four. It's three eleven bad flowered tickets. I was surprised to see that in there. It's a great prize for four for day four. You could commit day one and win those tickets. So seven one, three, two, two, nine, four five if you want to.
Speaker 9: Play, they're Ryan Show on.
Speaker 1: The Buzz twenty four or five the Buzz. Good morning brought Ryan's show, Girl Jams better Man.
Speaker 2: Maybe the best on it, Eddy Better ever wrote and maybe maybe Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: I hope you're on to a great start to your day. It is throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: I hope you've had a chance to check out the selection that we have for you today. My friends better than Ezra are in there today, so I'm always excited to see them and I always give them a vote. Links and Guests is where you go for that fix to Graham Thursday, The Looking at Girls blog page, the Food blog page, Shack headlining the food blog page today. What what Shack doing? Shack is the king of side hustles. Yeah is, unless Tina Fey is not counting endorsements and commercials. His side hustles in his ice yacht. He does.
Speaker 1: Papa John's he does. He's got his own slurping roll.
Speaker 2: He's got a slurping now and that's why he's on the food blog page today.
Speaker 1: Sonny's guys, no rain hides up around seventy.
Speaker 2: Let's go and now.
Speaker 10: Each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to New York Corners.
Speaker 1: Danny Boy, Oh, Danny Boy.
Speaker 2: Danny, I appreciate your patience. Sorry, you've been shafted on the victory speeches.
Speaker 11: It's all right, it's all right, happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just like, I don't need a victory speech.
Speaker 2: Just give me the free booty and let me. Let me get into the Hall of Fame. That's all you need. Well, well, wow, why does Chili hate you?
Speaker 1: Danny? What did you do? What did you say to Chili? Why does he hate you so much? He's got you.
Speaker 2: Going against Kenny to cash Man, cash Man, Good morning everybody, bro, there's no way what'd you play twenty days ago?
Speaker 12: There any days ago twenty to this first day call?
Speaker 2: You're kidding me.
Speaker 1: You got in right at your thirty day cap.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, I have to sit on the bench. That's when you take a long vacation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, yeah, Hey, February's got twenty eight days.
Speaker 2: He can't play it.
Speaker 1: Pull of this card, Kenny.
Speaker 2: Are you at thirty days? Kenny? Yes, okay, yeah, Danny, he's a he's a maniac.
Speaker 12: I put it in my calendar and everything I know.
Speaker 2: You do, I know you do, and your complaining calendar. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Kenny. How many times in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 12: Eight?
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, it's Jason Bourne. No, I'm sorry, eight times Hall of Fame? Danny, how many times have you been in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 1: The zero? Well, then do something about it. Don't let this guy just beat you. Just do it, Danny. All right, I feel like you need to go there and slip him on.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 1: Let's go, Dann it take gather wake up.
Speaker 2: Three eleven bad flower tickets on the chopping block. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Let's go. Question number one, how many people are in a Quartetney?
Speaker 9: Dan?
Speaker 1: Kenny?
Speaker 2: Or that's what an a time Hall of Famer does? He gets it in quick. Kenny's on the board. Don't make me.
Speaker 1: Throwing the tonnel, Danny.
Speaker 12: Don't.
Speaker 2: Question number two, what does doctor Seuss's character man, what you got?
Speaker 1: I think Dan was last right? It was Kenny then Dan? Yeah, Kenny need an answer in three green eggs.
Speaker 2: That's what a Hall of Famer does.
Speaker 12: Good good, Dudy.
Speaker 1: I mean, can't do anything about that one, Danny.
Speaker 2: Nothing could be done about that. What does doctor Seuss's character?
Speaker 1: Sam?
Speaker 2: I am want to serve green eggs and ham?
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: That was just rude.
Speaker 1: That was just it's not nice, Kenny. That wasn't nice. I like Danny. Now Kenny's gonna bitch about the victory speech.
Speaker 12: Cann Danny. I'm gonna do it live.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, listen, Danny, you've been awesome. Thank you, but it's time to say goodbye. Kenny the cash Man is back. Eight time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Do you do you want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 12: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: I thought you'd say that.
Speaker 9: Ryan Show five.
Speaker 2: I'm pooped.
Speaker 1: What the buzz? Ninety four or five? The buzz?
Speaker 2: Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Jelly Roll Liar Throwback Thursday. Get your votes in read my lips is coming up at a twenty. I gotta really get after these emails here. Thank you. I saw a lot of you a home room. I'm always leaning on you. The most for the for the best words and the most suggestions for the game. But yeah, read my lips Alex has taken on listener Melanie Today. All the words that I use for read my lips are going to come from you. You have to email me Rod at the Buzz dot com. Let's get some new Let's get some fresh meat in there. People emailing me those words suggestions, Sonny today, no rain hive of seventy not fresh meat.
Speaker 10: The fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Oh, I should have kept the money. He said he wanted to do a live one. He was right there too. I let him go. Yeah, he wanted to do a live victory speech. He's done it so much. He's an eight time Hall of Famer. Kenny the cash Man is your guy. So we'll have him on tomorrow and his first day back. Three eleven bad Flower tickets. That's a pretty good win today. Now I'm gonna have some Cody Jinks tickets coming up for you. He's playing tonight at Rodeo Houston. But first, it's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 11: We make you look smart and funny, your buddies, It's the Funk that to the day.
Speaker 2: He brought us some fun facts for you guys, but I thought you might find a little interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: With Hal sometimes sometimes he looks at me and he's like, you know, I could have done without the flung monkey Pooh facts, but you're gonna need that someday.
Speaker 1: And I just I'm one of those people. I have always believed that.
Speaker 2: That I won't be appreciated until I'm gone, and then you gonna go. You know what, that monkey pooth thing that Rod said, he was ahead of his time, Like, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I should have told him, will I had the chance.
Speaker 2: You are appreciated now, my brother.
Speaker 1: I just want you to not have to die in order for me to tell you that.
Speaker 2: All right, here's some new fun facts for you today. According to NASA, NASA, the Las Vegas Strip is the brightest spot on Earth from space. I would have guessed Paris, which they call the City of Lights. I'm surprised that the Vegas Strip. That would have been my number two for sure.
Speaker 13: There must be that luxe hore with the little space light sticking.
Speaker 2: Out of the top well, and now you got the sphere sphere adding a lot of lights, big ball in nineteen eighty three, before Michael Bolton was a famous coroner, he auditioned to replace Ozzy Osbourne as the lead singer in Black Sabbath No Go Look it Up. Bolton was in a metal band. Back in the day. Bolton was in a metal band. He can whale. Ronnie James Dio got the job.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Finally, Nintendo named Mario after the landlord of their first warehouse, Mario Segale.
Speaker 1: It was a way to get an extension on them paying rent. That's neat. Yeah, it's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 11: We make you look smart and buddies, it's the funk that to the day.
Speaker 2: All right, Cody Jakes Tonight, Rodeo Houston, it's your fun.
Speaker 1: What actress speaks.
Speaker 2: Such such perfect French that she does her own dubbing to the friend versions of her movies seven one three, two, one.
Speaker 1: Two five, nine four five.
Speaker 2: If you remember that from yesterday, it's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: All right, there's that money guy right there right here.
Speaker 2: There are clips on YouTube of Michael Bolton metal band whaling awesome.
Speaker 13: I'm about to look all right, how do you do yesterday, not a bad down Wall Street. The Dow is up three hundred and eighty three points.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Kick off this morning at forty one thousand, nine hundred and sixty four. Nasdaq up two hundred and forty six to seventeen thousand, seven fifty benchmarking your treasures trading at a four point two percent, and oil stands at sixty seven dollars sixteen cents a barrel. To the most actives, the big studs Boeing, AMEX, and IBM, the big duds am Jen, Jay and Jay and Murk. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on existing home sales for February right now.
Speaker 2: Futures.
Speaker 13: Yeah, on the downside, come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 13: This is Howland manage director with the Ram James porter for the Rod Ryan Show from Raymond James down saying, Flippin and Gustin, don't forget the boys, rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 14: Opimian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates.
Speaker 8: Income.
Speaker 14: Ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance trans mention. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to her because program is her educational and informational servioses on This does and does It's based on movement.
Speaker 1: As reported by Young The Finance.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Welcome back, Rod, Ryan, show what you got?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, let's flash back.
Speaker 2: Give away us some tickets for tonight too. Hey Brandon, good morning, Good morning brother.
Speaker 1: Rod scep for SUD Dude, you got a you got no plans tonight?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: That's right, no plan. That's good.
Speaker 2: That's what I kind of need. So my question today is this actress. She speaks such perfect French. I mean, what's it like? I mean, she's she speaks English pretty well too. I know she's super intelligent, but her her French is so perfect that she does her own dubbing for the French versions of her movies.
Speaker 1: Who's this actress there?
Speaker 2: Is pretty impressive, isn't it It is?
Speaker 1: Jody Foster?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she comes across as like I'm smarter than you.
Speaker 1: Yes, she does. You know what I mean, she's so like at least six she is she is, I mean, she backs it up. She's super smart.
Speaker 2: Brandon, I'm gonna give you tickets to go see Cody Jinks. You got the Rodeo tickets for tonight. Okay, bro Oh, that is awesome. Thank you so much, man, thank you for being a part of homeroom.
Speaker 1: Hang on for me.
Speaker 15: Hey, Lussa played ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 2: Four point five the bus stations from iHeartRadio, The.
Speaker 10: Ron Bryant Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Here we go ninety four to five The Buzz Screen Day Holiday. Keep sending me your words. You're doing a great job. Read my lips is coming up at eight twenty. I can't do it without you and your word suggestions. Alex takes on Melanie. Who is Melanie? Who's Melanie? You know Melanie? I don't know who? No idea, Yes, that's who. Chili Conna picked.
Speaker 1: He's a great pardon.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she's awesome. She's gonna come down and play Alex today.
Speaker 1: I read my lips.
Speaker 2: I look forward to it. I got ghost tickets for you. Next hour closer to around seven twenty. I got no rain. I mean, listen, look what I dialed up for you today, no rain, sunny skies, highs up around seventy.
Speaker 1: It's perfect. Alex has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 5: Firefighters continue to battle a wildfire in San Jacino County after at least at thirteen hundred acres or burned yesterday afternoon, and it's now grown by over seven hundred acres, so that's two thousand total acres burned. At least three hundred homes are currently being threatened by the fire, and as of late last night, it was only ten percent contained. The wild fires happening northwest of FM seventeen to twenty five and also Brooks Road and Sanjisino County. Montgomery County officials say that residents of off of Pauline Road, Lee Turner Road, Kirby Road, Big Buck Road, Hereford Way, and Blue Teal Road shoot evacuate.
Speaker 6: We'll be monitoring this all day, but just terrible stuff gone on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Our first phone call this morning was a dude that was like right there on the perimeter and he said, yeah, I might be one of those guys that needs to evacuate, so we're.
Speaker 1: Thinking about every one of you for sure.
Speaker 5: Google has discovered over ten thousand fake businesses listing on Google Maps, and the company is now stewing those responsible for them. The scam involved creating bogus profiles, especially for services like locksmiths and towing, which people often need urgently. The fake listings tricked people into contacting unlicensed providers who charged more than expected. The investigation began when a Texas business reported and an unlicensed locksmith impersonating them, and Google's general counsel commented that scammers are becoming more sophisticated, collaborating globally and using social media to promote fake reviews.
Speaker 2: God damn, I don't think there's a I don't think there's a They're saving the hottest seat in hell for these scammers.
Speaker 5: I feel like I got I got hit a couple of months ago and I had to get a total to take me to a place in my car fix and I felt like it was the cheapest one and I was like, cool, I'll go with that, and it was super sketchy. So I feel like that might have been one of those Like I don't know if the guy who's legit mean, he had a tow truck. He had a tow truck with that, which has a lot of money because it was initially a way lower amount and then he got there and it was like one hundred and fifty dollars more than it was.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, well he's just gone bag too.
Speaker 2: But these are businesses that don't even exist that they're getting people to pay upfront and then you.
Speaker 6: Pay to get to pop up on the thing and then then it works out like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So Google says to protect yourself trying to verify the legitimacy of businesses by checking their contact information and being cautious of unusually low prices or request Why don't you do that Google.
Speaker 6: Like your job.
Speaker 1: Yeah No, there's that argument too.
Speaker 2: And I'm thinking of my mom always when I talk about scammers. My mom's like, I googled it, it was on Google. You trust them, it's a trusted name.
Speaker 5: And if you're locked out of your house or you to your car needs to be towed, you don't really have time. Well hold on, hold on, let me look at thirteen people real fast and vet them all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the problem on the side of the road, or you're locked out of your house. We're all moving quick, yep.
Speaker 5: A Texas woman hit the lottery last month, winning eighty three point five million dollars, but they won't pay her out because she bought her ticket through an app called jack Pocket, which is owned by the gambling site draft Kings. The app is considered a courier app. We actually did a story on this a couple of weeks ago. I feel like the curry app is where you pay through the app and then they send someone to go buy your ticket for you. Texas lawmakers have been moving to ban the app and others like it, partly because Texas state law says that you have to pay cash for lottery tickets. The state Senate recently passed a bill that would have banned courier apps, but the House didn't pass it, so it never became a law. Currier apps have been operating in Texas since twenty sixteen, and nine percent of all tickets sold in the state or bought through one. The woman's hired a lawyer to try and help her get her winnings. I mean, if they haven't outlawed it, then why is it outlaw?
Speaker 2: You can't not give it to people. Eighty three mil eighty three and a half. She's just sitting wondering if she's gonna get it.
Speaker 1: I would, oh, I would lose my mind. Oh man, they make the little guy think they got a chance. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Podcaster Alex Cooper is bringing her Unwell brand to spring Break in Miami for her first ever Unwell Weekend.
Speaker 1: It'll be three nights of what.
Speaker 5: They're calling a who's who of influencers, wellness activities, and pool side ragers, and we'll go on today through Sunday on South Beach. Cooper was going to be there herself, along with a laundry list of influencers and quote mystery guests. I looked at the list of influencers and I recognized one.
Speaker 1: I know. It's just I sent this story to you.
Speaker 5: It's a Very's car Daddy is what's in the world. I'm not hating on Alex Cooper at all. I just I didn't know all the influencers.
Speaker 2: But in the known this is the entertainment segment of the Houston's Headlines. Yes, and it's the first time I've sent over the slow news day. Here's a podcaster doing something. But I know she's.
Speaker 1: Huge, Yes she is. She's one of the biggest podcasts in the world. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So people can purchase guaranteed entry for the event for twenty five dollars, but there's also gonna be a free general admission line as well.
Speaker 1: Just spring break. People are just hanging out, that's what they're doing.
Speaker 6: Okay, she's gonna make a fortune off of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like when we talk about mister Beast, like he's a celebrity.
Speaker 5: Now he just gives out a jillion dollars, yeah, to random people. Guns n Roses drummer Frank Ferrer is leaving the band. Fairer has manned the drums for GNR s It's two thousand and six and says that he's leaving on good terms. In fact, the band's instagram posted photos of Fair on stage with the caption Guns n' Roses announced the amical exit of Frank Fair. The band thanks Frank for his friendship, creativity, and study presents for the last nineteen years and wish him success in the next chapter of his musical journey. The band's gonna kick off a European tour in May, so expect to hear an announcement about a replacement in the near future.
Speaker 6: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: I think Axel could wait four years for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, No, maybe maybe they're gonna have probably have to get a fill in for the may stuff. But after that, yeah, okay, speaking four years, I'm your guy.
Speaker 2: I got four, I got.
Speaker 1: Three half year rain Axel wait for me.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: The last two NCAA playing games were last night.
Speaker 5: Mount Saint Mary's got by American University eighty three to seventy two, and Xavier came back to beat UT eighty six to eighty. The first round of the tournament starts today. Some notable games on the schedule at eleven fifteen AM. That's when it all gets started, with Louisville taking on Creighton. Then U of h is gonna play SIU Edwardsville at one o'clock. You can listen to that on our sister station, AM nine to fifty KPRC. Texas A and m is gonna play Yale at six twenty five tonight, and then Texas Tech and you and C Wilmington at the late game at nine ten.
Speaker 1: You can watch all.
Speaker 5: The games on cbstn T, TBS, and True TV. Over in the NBA. Rockets beat the Magic last night. One sixteen to one oh eight. It was their eighth straight win, and they also clinched a playoff berth with it. If the season were to end today, the Rockets would be the number two seed in the Western Conference playoffs. They're gonna have a day off before they play the Heat tomorrow night in Miami.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're one of those guys if the season ended today.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just say you're one of the those number true seed, Okay, And we're twelve and a half games back the Thunder the one seed, so we're just really playing for the two seed.
Speaker 1: It's interesting how people become that guy when it's their team, if.
Speaker 5: They're yeah, I mean, if they were the seventh seed, I'm not talking about it. Right to the two seed. You brag about it. Gotcha down in spring training. The Astros lost to the Mets yesterday, eight to two. They're gonna play the Marlins today down in Jeepryu, Florida. First pitch is at twelve ten, And that is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: All right, next hour, you guys will continue the grind of sending me read my lips words. Please keep sending those to me. Email me directly. Rod at the buzz dot com. I've got ghost tickets coming up for you at around seven twenty, and I want to talk tattoos and this not a disturbing trend, but it's a dangerous trend of people going under forgetting tattoos anesthesia. Dak Prescott, I heard that. I was going to ask you about that, So we're gonna get into some tattoo talk.
Speaker 9: Houston's rocking Alternatives, The.
Speaker 14: Rod the Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety.
Speaker 1: Four or five, The Buzz Good Morning Rob Ryan' Show, Buzz.
Speaker 2: Never heard of it. Huh. I gotta tell you guys everything that's fine. I will uh Buzzfest Saturday, he May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion, Chabbelle, the Reverend Marilyn Manson, you just heard him, Blue October, Pod Evans, Blue Stabbing, Westward, and Sleep Theory tickets on sale now at all Ticketmaster locations. I had just ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: Ticketmaster dot com. He gets you tickets.
Speaker 2: Or listen to your friendly neighborhood DJ and uh maybe you'll win some nine ten today we'll have some Buzzfest tickets for you. Beautiful day, sunny skies, no rain. Highes up around seventy today, you know I did. It's an ongoing joke here on the show that you know. I don't know that Radio Wizard really likes anything that we do. Yeah, for some reason, he just kind of tolerates it. He commented that he too, which I don't. I don't know if I'm reading into this that he enjoyed the discussion yesterday.
Speaker 8: He didn't.
Speaker 2: He stopped short of saying that, but he said that he throws the laundry detergent cap in the washing machine, and he said, I think I might have dropped it in there once years ago. It came out clean, and I just stuck to that. I never knew anybody else did it. So he commented on something. He well, he just commented on something without saying that it sucked.
Speaker 1: It's a start, all right.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna take that as he loved that discussion yesterday, because I know he's gonna he hates this type of thing. This Springtime song.
Speaker 1: I don't know what makes me laugh so much about it. It's funny. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: He's gonna say it's too long, and it is. It's about it's about twenty seconds too long. It's just over a minute long. It's a minute fourteen seconds.
Speaker 1: Okay, the first day of spring, once, wizard, first day of spring, all right, get about it. Turn off the radio for a minute, wizard.
Speaker 12: It's spring time. Yeah six spring time.
Speaker 16: It's a spring hedes want to sings, not playing with the.
Speaker 2: Thing time funny. All the birds are chirping.
Speaker 16: The butts are top than of the tree. Hey, look in the park. There's some guys with their pants around their knees. They seem to light the breeze.
Speaker 17: As it's spring time always spring time. It's a spring by a wedding ring and yoga pants were clean time.
Speaker 4: Hay.
Speaker 16: The bees are buzzing, the flowers smell like perfume, and the springs pancamletes.
Speaker 4: It blow.
Speaker 1: But all our in blue stand back and give them some rule. Yes it spray time. Yes it spring time.
Speaker 17: Always, ring time, spring times hands.
Speaker 1: It makes me laugh. I thought it was well done. Welcome to spring, everybody. Okay.
Speaker 6: I don't know how anyone could be said about that song.
Speaker 1: All right, he's gonna tell you to file that with the Monday meat loaf. Oh I didn't know it didn't test well. Flip on the flip of this Brank. We gotta rec check boy. Welcome to spring, everybody.
Speaker 2: We got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll give you some tickets. Anyone that's still listening will.
Speaker 1: Have a shot if those ghost tickets stay there.
Speaker 9: Rock and Alternative Fair to.
Speaker 14: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the buzz.
Speaker 2: Just like the man said, this is your rod Ryan Show throwback Thursday edition. Man, we got to try to get some song clips on here too, but I want to get into this tattoo discussion. I got sunny skies for you today. No rain highes up around seventy. Please go ahead. I'll go check what the voting is doing while Alex he's gonna tell us what's trending. I see March maddiness everywhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, March madness just continuing to trend. This morning, everybody's filling out their brackets. The tournament kicks off for a little after eleven today. Boiling guess Greg probably hasn't slept in three days. Said Florida, Florida, to take it all, Florida, to take it all.
Speaker 6: I have them in my bracket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to win in a final four you probably haven't slept. Have you been out with Greg on a three day vender?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 2: Okay, I have not been.
Speaker 1: I sometimes I wonder if I had them over duke okay.
Speaker 5: And then also training his Instagram Thursday, Venezia Cruz was submitted to us by listener David and a lot of people are checking her out this morning at the world Famished rod Ryan showpage at buzz dot com. And I also saw Randy Travis is trending. They did a tribute to him at the Grand Old Opry's one hundred year celebration last night, and everybody's talking about that. Yes, trending night, even by the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Last time we talked about Randy Travis.
Speaker 2: There's a movie coming out, Clay Walker gonna play him Uston Zone. He might be a both.
Speaker 5: Texan, Houston Texans guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he might get a bull god.
Speaker 2: But I think we're kind of we've claimed him. But he was the guy you drive me and drive me good? What he was that guy?
Speaker 4: All Right?
Speaker 1: I do have some tickets for you.
Speaker 2: I do want to talk some tattoos coming up, but I wanted to just give you an update Today's throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Okay, many of you have voted. No, not many of you have voted.
Speaker 2: I can't lie go and vote for your throwback Thursday song.
Speaker 1: Everything is the name of the band.
Speaker 2: You're like, who the hell is that ride?
Speaker 1: It's in first place because it's that hooch song?
Speaker 2: Who got the hooch?
Speaker 1: That's babe, I know you did.
Speaker 2: Muse Knights of Sidonia come on better than Ezra Good in last place.
Speaker 1: It's just I'm not low votes.
Speaker 2: Guys. You gotta vote, you gotta vote. Let me give away these tickets right now. It's ghost August sixteenth, Toyota Center. Tickets on sale now. This is the Skeletor World Tour twenty twenty five. Great name for a tour. Looking for caller number ten to go see Ghosts seven one three two one two five nine four five, And then we'll start talking tattoos.
Speaker 1: Imber Chester back in the day owned a tattoo shop. Oh yeah, yeah, he did, yeah, or he was part you know, he was in on it. Hopefully he made up better than I did with Luckies.
Speaker 2: Here's Lincoln Park and Crawling ninety four or five, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan showed Lincoln Park Crawling, Beautiful day on tap. Happy first day of spring everyone, Zero chances of rain today, sunny could hit around seventy degrees.
Speaker 1: Over to the phones here, good morning, good morning. Hello. Who's this Sam? Happy first day of Spring.
Speaker 7: Sam, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I got one review from the spring song that I played. Yeah, it's not good. It's not good, Reagan sent me an email. I'm not gonna lie. That was painful. With gratitude, Reagan, I like it.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. I thought it was funny. Sam, your caller number ten.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, I am the looks. Get you some tickets to go see Ghost? Do you know anything about these guys?
Speaker 1: Ghost is actually one of my favorite bands.
Speaker 2: I've never seen them live.
Speaker 1: Stop it right now? Really? Yeah? There, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm very interested in this band. I'm becoming more and more interested in them. And you know, it's a different take on metal for sure. Some of the stuff sounds like the bee Gies to me, or I don't know, it's a weird sound. I don't know it's odd, but I there's something that's attracted me about this band too. I want to go August sixteenth, dude, you're in Toyota Center. Okay, Man, that's awesome.
Speaker 7: Hey, they're not for everyone, but they are one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: And like you said, you never seen them.
Speaker 2: Even if you don't love them, their their live show is supposed to be awesome. They put on a show.
Speaker 1: They don't stand there.
Speaker 2: You know, they used to call it. There was a decade where a band they were called Shoegazers and they just stood up there and stared at their shoes, you know. Pearl jam was it was guilty of that. And uh, these guys they put on a theatrical it's a show apparently.
Speaker 1: So dude. Congrats, man, I'm glad a fan won them.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, Rod, thank you Sammy. My first question to you, Alex was is there truth? I just feel like I heard it in Passing? Did Decks Dak Prescott? Did he get a leg tattoo or an arm sleeve or remember what? But it was it was it was a huge.
Speaker 1: It was a limb, a whole entire limb all the way around.
Speaker 2: Okay, is there truth to what I think I heard that he went under like anesthesia, he went under to get that done.
Speaker 5: Did you hear that I did hear that is it and read about it and made.
Speaker 2: Fun of them, did he Yeah? Okay, I mean if it was my.
Speaker 1: Quarterback, I would not have said a word. But I don't have a quarterback, so I have no dog in these fights.
Speaker 2: I don't have a quarterback, do you. My quarterback doesn't have any ink. I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think Josh has any tattoos.
Speaker 6: It looks like you guy with tattoos, though, No, unless he's got him hit.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Isn't part of the tattoo culture, like earning your ink, like like, okay, I'm not this guy. Everyone's got tattoos on the show. I I don't I like having tattoos. I don't necessarily enjoy getting them. It hurts.
Speaker 1: I don't mind telling you that.
Speaker 5: You don't get it because it's fun to get them. You get it because of the afters.
Speaker 2: But people like to be all tough and cool and talk about like no.
Speaker 1: Man, that's a part of it. And I actually like the word that it feels shut up.
Speaker 2: I just don't like it hurts.
Speaker 1: It hurts.
Speaker 2: I hate it, especially like the stuff that was like under my arm and stuff like on the backside top of my foot is not fine. Top of your foot hurt even like around my ankle. My whole body's covered in flabb except for around my ankles, and that was like right, I felt like it was just digging on the bone there. I know that I was offered a topical cream once, not a long time ago, and I didn't notice anything. It was a long time ago, right before right before, I think I was offered some sort of a cream. I didn't feel like it did anything. It's still hurt like a sob. Anesthesia is the latest and greatest. People are going under while getting tatted general anesthesia.
Speaker 6: The benefits just lie about it, so you didn't do it.
Speaker 2: The benefits are obvious. You wouldn't have to worry about needles and the pain and the boredom. You're just you're out, you wake up, boom, you got this awesome. Your whole leg is done. That's what I feel like, dak to god, I don't remember. But the drawbacks death Death is the biggest drawback of anesthesia.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, at least one person has while being put under during a back tattoo, and I guess outside of death, there shouldn't be more. There shouldn't need to be more than death is one of the drawbacks. But there's the pain. There's the cost. If you've had had an operation for something that required you to be put under anesthesia, you know that it's it's way more expensive than an edible.
Speaker 1: Yes, here's an example.
Speaker 2: One tattoo artist said who does this, says that back tattoos with sedation, if you wanted a complete back done, okay, in one sitting, your whole back would be done between thirty and thirty five thousand dollars with sedation. That same ink without anesthesia could be about ten to fifteen.
Speaker 1: It could be double. So this is like rich people, probably like super rich.
Speaker 5: The pores like me are not going to be able to afford anything like that.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, I'll just sit here and take that pen.
Speaker 2: There's a that's online that she now feels. She's talked about this, and then of course people are coming on and they're asking her questions about it now, and she's become like the you know, the go to she's an anesthesiologist. I means she's rich, by the way, but this is her thoughts on it.
Speaker 18: Apparently I am now the spokesperson for not having general anesthesia for tattoo procedures because y'all keep sending these videos to me and it makes me so angry that people are doing this. I don't think this was in America, but anyway, y'all know that forty five year old influencer guy recently just died on the table while he was having general anesesia for a tattoo, which is just ridiculous.
Speaker 9: And then if they give.
Speaker 18: Him just a little too much medicine or it's really long and the medicine starts to accumulate and he stops breathing, Well, you about to have yourself a Michael Jackson situation.
Speaker 2: I would hate it if somebody found out that I was put under for any of my tattoos.
Speaker 1: You just tell them you weren't. As long as you want to die, you're good. Yeah, I guess it's just the money.
Speaker 5: Most people that you will see will not be with you when you are getting a tattoo.
Speaker 4: They know.
Speaker 1: Rich and famous.
Speaker 19: Dak's thirty thousand dollars like that, that's a lot of money for a back piece. That's some of the salary that is Dak Prescott's right leg I thought it was this entire leg all the way around, which eleven hours he was sedated.
Speaker 2: I don't know. All right, So it's a thing we don't recommend you do it.
Speaker 1: Good for you if you have the money to do it.
Speaker 2: I have some Yeah what anesthesia or no? Some of the money, some of the money. Yeah, I'm just wondering if there's gotta be No, this isn't a this isn't a big like my guy that does my tattoos, he ate up right now. U.
Speaker 1: They're they're late night creatures.
Speaker 19: Somebody there's somebody might be they're stripper hours.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Has anybody had any luck with any creams or anything like that?
Speaker 1: Does that work? I really, I don't know. I'm just wondering if if it helps.
Speaker 9: Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Experience her picture into the.
Speaker 2: Cosmic on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ninety four or five the buzz.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. That's her Bonno, you've got sunny skies, no rain, highs up around seventy today. Oh, Chili has a.
Speaker 1: Friend over there in his room.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that's I mean, that's I'm assuming that's Melanie, right, Melanie in.
Speaker 1: Joli. Who's uh, who's your friend?
Speaker 12: Oh, that's miss Melanie.
Speaker 1: That is miss Melanie?
Speaker 2: All right? All right?
Speaker 1: Can she hear me? Yes, I can hear you. How are you today, Melanie?
Speaker 8: I'm doing great? Thank you?
Speaker 12: Are you?
Speaker 2: Is it more excitement?
Speaker 1: Is it more nervous?
Speaker 2: Is it combination? What's going on with.
Speaker 1: You right now?
Speaker 18: It's definitely a combination, okay and nervous all at the same time.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, look how close you are to the chili. Of course you're nervous. Of course you're nervous. I don't know if he hasn't eaten today. Keep your hands and toes away, Keep your hands and toes away, all right, Alex. You know he won the whole thing last year, right, yes, yeah, all right, don't be nervous. It's just us.
Speaker 1: It's just us.
Speaker 2: Nobody, Yeah, nobody's really this all right, Melanie?
Speaker 1: Thank you. I appreciate I'll tell you right now.
Speaker 2: I know that you're cool because I appreciate your promptness, the fact that you're here right now.
Speaker 1: You're awesome already.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You're gonna come in here, You're gonna kick some ass. I can't wait. That's Melanie. Everybody you can see her. I just like I do.
Speaker 2: She's not like through a glass I can see anymore. They're down the hall somewhere. But I see what you guys see on I don't know if everybody knows this. I see what you guys see on Facebook, like the split screen and everything. That's how I see.
Speaker 1: Chili all morning long.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because it used to be behind I mean, everybody that's had that job, going back to Jessica, everybody's been behind the glass, you know, and they just they thought it would be cool to put him in a closet down the hall. All right, Well again coming in prompt and early and all of that stuff that gets you a ton of points.
Speaker 1: Alex, I'm rooting for her. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I know you always sorry real quick. The season finale of Severance is tonight. I feel like you've talked about.
Speaker 5: This during our our break. I binged the entire show and I like it a lot.
Speaker 2: Is who whose show is it? Is it Ben Stiller's show or he's like a producer.
Speaker 1: A director? Some Ericson is the guy?
Speaker 2: Okay, but ben Stiller's involved, right?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 1: Is he in the show? No, not that I've seen so. But everything that Ben Stiller's involved with is green. Ericsson is the creator of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, it are you watching this? Are you watching the season finale tonight? Is it that good that you have to watch tonight? You don't want to risk boxes because we're moving. I don't care about spoilers, but I'll try and watch it. I'll try and watch it.
Speaker 5: Does it tonight mean like it's already out or it's coming out later tonight.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many of it works, or at midnight? Is it early? It's Friday. It's on Max, so I don't know how they do it. It's on Apple. It says the season finale. If Severn's hits Max tonight.
Speaker 9: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I watch it on Apple.
Speaker 2: Okay, but pushing.
Speaker 1: Your Apple, I'm not.
Speaker 2: It's an Apple Plus show. And then I don't know anything about the show. But I'm just gonna leave it here. If you could get a brain implant that made you forget your entire workday, would you do it? I'm assuming if you watch the show you understand that question.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, you would not do that.
Speaker 2: You would not do that. I wouldn't ten of Americans Americans would four percent said definitely.
Speaker 1: To forget.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's got some implant, So.
Speaker 5: You go it's not spoiler, but like you get the you get severed, so they put a little chip.
Speaker 1: In your brain.
Speaker 5: And then you get in your elevator to work, you go down and when you hit a certain part, it like kicks in and then you don't have like like work, Rod would have no clue about like if you had a wife and kids at like you just know, you just know work, and then outside you have no clue, like what would you do today at work?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. Is it in present day or is it in the future.
Speaker 6: I think it's present day.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't really tell you that.
Speaker 5: Like they're in a they're in a city called ker right, so that's not even a real town.
Speaker 2: But they're not like they're not flying Jetson's mobiles into work.
Speaker 1: No, okay, all right, fair.
Speaker 5: Enough, all right, good show, though I want somebody talk to me about it.
Speaker 1: So Alex needs a severance, buddy. My wife won't watch. She hasn't watched it with me and I usually watch every show.
Speaker 2: An email Alex at Thebuzz dot com ninety five. Well, good morning, Rob Ryan's show. Okay, coming up on the eight o'clock hour. That's the halfway point. But twenty minutes after that is when we're gonna get rolling with Reading my Lips. And I appreciate Melanie coming in early. That that makes Chili's job easy and now he can relax as much as Chili relaxes. Melanie's going to be taking on Alex next hour. Reading my Lips keep sending me your word suggestions. I'm there, I got all the words I need, but I'm always looking to sub in better words. So email me Rod at the Buzz dot com if you've got a great word suggestion.
Speaker 1: Doesn't have to be something that was said on the show.
Speaker 2: No rain, Sunny Skies today, highs up around seventy ALEX with Houston's headlines Well.
Speaker 1: Firefighters continue to battle a wildfire in.
Speaker 5: Sanjacino County after at least thirteen hundred acres burned yesterday afternoon and now it's grown by seven hundred acres to two thousand acres now overnight. At least three hundred homes are currently being threatened by fire, and as of last night it was only ten percent contained. Still ten percent contained the last I checked. The wildfire is happening northwest of FM seventeen to twenty five and also Brooks Road in Sanjacino. Montgomery County officials say that residents off of Pauline Road, Lee Turner Road, Kirby Road, Big Buck Road, Hereford Way, and Blue Teal Road should evacuate, but we will be monitoring this situation all throughout the morning.
Speaker 1: Though, President Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: Plans to issue in executive order today directing the shutdown of the US Department of Education. While the administration has already implemented significant cuts to the department, fully dismantling the agency will require Congressional action. The order is to instruct the Education Secretary, Linda McMahon, to facilitate the department's closure and transfer control to the states. Similar efforts have faced opposition in the past, even within the Republican Party, and were rejected by Congress.
Speaker 6: March Madness officially gets underway today.
Speaker 1: You filled out your racket though.
Speaker 12: No, I haven't.
Speaker 1: No, you're not bracket. I just I was saying, let's go. It wasn't really for me.
Speaker 6: Why aren't you scared to fill out brackett.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that you guys have fun with this.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't prep on it.
Speaker 6: One of the funnest days of the year. Funnest seconds of sports?
Speaker 15: Is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 1: It's just wall to wall basketball. You just get to hang out, like, yeah.
Speaker 5: You basketball't expect you to do anything to watch your basketball. I mean it's not it's like the fourth coolest sport, Okay, but it's the funnest part of the fourth cool of sport year. Around one in six Americans plan to fill out brackets this year, and apparently it's a lot easier if you have nothing you're no knowledge of basketball, because the poll found that people's top strategies for filling out their brackets included hunches, vibes, and whatever their friends think. Eighteen percent of Americans think that they follow basketball closely enough to make good picks, while another sixteen percent say they have very limited knowledge. Twenty two percent of people say asking me their friends of their top strategy, while twenty two percent of people are basing their picks off just vibes. One in ten people say they're going to make their picks based on the team's mascots, and thirty one percent of Americans say that they expect to follow this year's tournament closely.
Speaker 2: When you hand me that bracket today, I don't feel like I'm going to get a vibe.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, obviously not right talk. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just I'll be just throwing names blindly down vibin kind of what you vibing on.
Speaker 1: Just I don't know. I like that name. My dad went to high Point University.
Speaker 6: They're there, So I'm just like, I'm vibing with high Point this year.
Speaker 2: You're vibing. But how far you vibm Panthers? After the first round you're still vibing. You've vibed them to the final four Street sixteen. I'll give them Sweet sixteen, Okay, but then that's where the vibes probably, Yeah, you got them vibes out, okay.
Speaker 5: Tina Fey got real about her feelings on side hustles for the uber wealthy, well talk for the uber wealthy. While talking to her friend Amy Poehler on Polar's podcast thirty Rock Star, made it clear that she's not a fan of rich people chasing extra dollars, saying, quote, I have a problem with rich people having a side hustle. The conversation comes as more celebrities like Lily Allen revealed their unexpected side gigs. Alan recently revealed that her only fans. Foot Picks make more money for her than her Spotify streams due Other celebrity side gigs include various liquor brands owned by celebs like Ryan Reynolds, Jennifer Lopez, and Brad Pitt, and even the growing Kardashian Empire where the Reality Sisters have their own clothing, makeup, skincare, and lifestyle.
Speaker 1: I think Tina Fey is awesome.
Speaker 12: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think where she draws the line between a side hustle and endorsements. I looked it up. She speaks for American Express, she speaks for Booking dot Com.
Speaker 1: You've seen those commercials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Garnia I believe is a hair care product and possibly the gap. So is that not a side hustle When you're doing endorsements and you're doing commercials.
Speaker 5: I guess it's like owning a product or owning it, but then you're getting your a business owners. I don't know like it is Kate Kate Hudson owns FABLETICX right, is that that's a side hustle because it's her company. It's like Skims with Kim Kardashian, that's her company. Like doing an American Express ad is not your company.
Speaker 1: That's just like, but it is a side gig.
Speaker 6: You're doing other stuff with your celebrity.
Speaker 2: Jessica Simpson made ten times more money selling shoes than she did from her voice. Yeah, worked out pretty good for her. I don't know, it's just a weird thing. It's a weird thing that she she has it set that if you put your name on a product, it's different than running around and trying to get people to go to booking dot Com, which I would never go to. Yeah, so it seems like a side hustle. Again.
Speaker 1: I love her. I love her. I think she's awesome.
Speaker 5: As a poor I kind of like, all right, well, hey, let's let's spread this money around. But yeah, you should be able to own a company if you can afford doing a company.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, Ryan Reynolds is one of the most successful entrepreneurs out there.
Speaker 1: I'm a problematic IY now though, Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But Mark Wahlberg is another one. Yeah, he owns all kinds of stuff. You know, he's involved in everything. He doesn't need the money, but he does it, and it's like.
Speaker 1: Makes his money make money.
Speaker 2: I look up to those people I don't know. I completely feel opposite.
Speaker 5: I get I can, I can see her feelings, but it's like, yeah, it's weird to just go after everybody else while you're else getting commercials.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Smashing Pumpkins front man Billy Corgan is a new dad. He and his wife, Chloe Mindell, just welcome their third child, a new baby girl who was born in March eighteenth. Corgan shared with Or that both mom and baby are doing great and that the other two kids are thrilled about their new baby sister. So congratulations to the Corgans. Those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Billy fifty eight, Mom thirty two.
Speaker 1: Good for him? What you got going on over there.
Speaker 5: The last two in CAA playing games were last night. Mount Saint Mary's got by American University eighty three to seventy two, and Xavier came back to beat Texas eighty six to eighty. The first round of the A tournament officially starts today, so notable games on the schedule.
Speaker 1: At eleven fifteen that's when it all kicks off.
Speaker 5: Louisville take on Creighton, and then U of Hill play SIU Edwardsville at one o'clock. You can listen to that here locally on our sister station, AM nine to fifty k PRC. Texas A and M is going to play Yale at six twenty five tonight, and then Texas Tech is going to take on UNC Wilmington in the late game. Oh oh yeah, I got just reviving with the Texas team.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I just got a vibe. Yeah, I don't know where to go.
Speaker 1: I don't what to do with it.
Speaker 5: You can watch all the games on CBST and t TBS and True TV. In the NBA, the Rockets beat the Magic last night one sixteen to one away. It was their eighth straight win and it also clinched them a playoff berth. If the season ended today, Rockets would be the two seed in the Western Conference playoffs. They're gonna have a day off before they play the Heat tomorrow night in Miami. Down at Spring Training, the Astros lost to the Mets yesterday eight to two. They'll play the Marlins today down in Jupiter, Florida. First pitch is at twelve ten, and that is what's going on. I'm vibing on some baseball.
Speaker 1: I'm ready for it. Vibing yeah, yeah, I'm running around the corner.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: I am ready for.
Speaker 2: Some baseball back in my life. What I'm not vibing on is the tree polland that's happening right now. It's really picking up now. It's gonna be bad all weekend long. They said, yeah, get that yellow guck all over your vehicles. It's terrible right now.
Speaker 1: That parking garage. Oh my god, I didn't know you were.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that you were free of colin on your vehicle. Over there, everyone else is loaded. All right, guys, we're coming up on the halfway point. Read my lips is next hour.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Morning Showy.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan's Show, Red Hot Chili, Pepper's scar tissue. Halfway part of the show, people, Yeah, halfway point of the show.
Speaker 1: People, this is the hour.
Speaker 2: This is it. We'll find out what Melanie's all about. We'll find out who this Melanie character is. She seems cool. She's gonna be taking on Alex.
Speaker 1: I still I got room.
Speaker 2: I have room. If you would like to send me some word suggestions, please email me directly rod at Thebuzz dot com. And then you know, if I got something great out there, I'll use it. I'll use it for the game. We never did song clips yet we right now, I don't have time us. We would play ten seconds of each song Clay which Wizard.
Speaker 4: Was like that?
Speaker 1: I could sing, Oh you played the Spring song. Yeah, that's what he's gonna say. Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: Don't give him ideas. Oh you had time for that, dumb, dumb time of your stupid Spring song. You didn't have time to play song clip?
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, Wizards first day Spring.
Speaker 2: Better than Ezra Good. In the lead to I voted for Muse Knights of Sedonia second place. Everything I know Cooch needs to be played, but I can't just play one. But that's not fair. Let's go vote for it.
Speaker 1: It's the best one.
Speaker 2: Maybe an hour from now we would have time because you know, how do you remember what happened the last time we played read my lips. I know you don't, or you're not thinking about the loss. Somewhere in the matrix that game is still being played. Yeah it was zero zero double over time. You're right, don't do that today. I'm looking at you. No, I'll start plucking out those beard hairs. Why don't you mind from your face?
Speaker 1: You want to do it?
Speaker 2: I'm too fast for Melanie and Alex. You're gonna play read my lips, so send me word suggestions. Rod at the buzz dot com. If you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, you are doing today wrong. Turn it around, turn the frown upside down. Today, International Day of Happiness. Happy, International Day of Happiness. The UN made this a holiday in twenty twelve to promote the idea that happiness is a basic human right. Be happy today.
Speaker 1: I try that every day I do.
Speaker 2: We'll try, yeah, be happy today, So you're not if you're just all grumpy and Chili's yelling about the phones and you're.
Speaker 1: Doing it wrong. Chili would never yet like the phones. Is he celebrating International Day of Happiness?
Speaker 6: He always celebrates happiness, does he?
Speaker 1: Even when it's not International Day?
Speaker 6: Every day is International Day of Happiness.
Speaker 12: To Chili, on a.
Speaker 1: Scale of one to ten, ten that you're just you're teeming.
Speaker 2: You're to the brim, to the brim and over the top with happiness.
Speaker 1: Ten one very little happiness. Where are you at today?
Speaker 12: I'm at a hundred. I won't look at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're at one hundred today?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, every day?
Speaker 1: Every day I wake up every day every day is a gift.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like I'm on the receiving end of that.
Speaker 12: I do you do because you take it out of me.
Speaker 1: Here Melanie laughing back there, She's like, Rod, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: You don't have to say anything.
Speaker 1: I heard you giggle back there, Melanie, don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: I like you.
Speaker 2: I know this is gonna be good. All right, we're gonna get Melanie in the studio with us on this International Day of Happiness.
Speaker 1: Everybody. If you haven't been happy today, start right now.
Speaker 2: And we'll try to do something about that, and we'll try to entertain you with some reading my lips coming up.
Speaker 1: Keep sending me those words.
Speaker 9: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six am, the.
Speaker 2: Bus by, Welcome back everybody, Rob Ryan Show on this throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can tell we need to play some song clips. I just don't have time.
Speaker 2: I got to get ready.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this thing's going into triple overtime today or what.
Speaker 2: No, stop, don't tell me.
Speaker 1: I can't don't tell me who I can can't do the move me in a box.
Speaker 2: Help me?
Speaker 14: God?
Speaker 2: If you go to triple overtime qua sunny skies today, no rain highs of around seventies. Everything March madness is trending.
Speaker 1: Repeats everything we've already talked about. It is still trending. March madness trending.
Speaker 2: Get your brackets in Melanie, Uh, are you a March Madness gal? Do you get involved in any brackets or anything?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 8: Not really.
Speaker 1: My husband does more. The sports guy. Yeah, I don't do the brackets either.
Speaker 9: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: And I am a sports guy and I don't do brackets. Don't worry about it much.
Speaker 4: Sports.
Speaker 1: We're still we're still passed.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. What else?
Speaker 5: Oh, well, spring, it's the first day of spraying. People are still talking about that, very excited about it.
Speaker 2: Melanie, do you do spring?
Speaker 1: Spring?
Speaker 11: Spring?
Speaker 2: I love spring spring.
Speaker 1: The tree pollen?
Speaker 2: Is it all over your car?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I hate the pollen. Alex doesn't know anything about it because he had parking garage. Mike, what about you, Chili? Is your car coated? Oh yeah, I mean code. It's like an inch thick on my vehicles.
Speaker 20: I'm actually I kind of welcome it because it was it was still the the stuff from the snow. Oh yeah, that's kind of dirt from the dirt from the snow. Was on there and now it's a pollen. So now I'm like, all right, cool new color.
Speaker 2: I just I tweeted to Cheetah. I'm like, listen, should I wash my car this weekend? Or like how long does this last?
Speaker 1: But she's on vacation?
Speaker 12: Oh is she? Yeah, she's been.
Speaker 2: I've been.
Speaker 12: I mean not that I stop her or anything, you know, but uh, she.
Speaker 2: Was on vacation. She was on spring break last week. I don't stalk her, but it was last week.
Speaker 1: Also, training is stistagram Thursday.
Speaker 5: Venezia Cruise was submitted to us by listener David, and people are checking her out at the World Famished Road ran show paid to the Buzz dot com. I'm just training on ninety five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, Melanie, you've heard us play this silly game of for Yes, I love it to practice.
Speaker 1: I did had you do any practice?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I killed it. The only thing that I asked everyone to do chili Like when he was lining people up, I said, you got to tell him what that stupid song is that you're gonna have to listen to that.
Speaker 1: And it's loud, and.
Speaker 2: It's this metal song that's screeching in your ears, and then you're trying to figure out the words that I'm saying. Right, Okay, so you killed it in your practice rounds. Yes, your husband you said, was maybe working with you on this. My husband and my daughters all helped. Yeah, okay, all right, she's practiced. Okay, she's seen the game film.
Speaker 1: She knows what it's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alex is beatable. He's lost to a listener before. True, he has she knows, she knows. Now what am I giving away Bulby Hailstorm tickets?
Speaker 1: You're gonna win?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I don't to take a backup, I hope, So okay, maybe you'll take maybe I haven't decided yet.
Speaker 12: That hope. So it was like, get a caller, Maybe I'll get a caller.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll get a caller, and uh, just as a backup so that we absolutely give these tickets away. Seven.
Speaker 1: You want to be Melanie's backup. She's not gonna need you. She's not gonna need you. She's taken Alex to the mat. Read my lips.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get my words ready to go. I'm not preparing for a double overtime. So I'm just telling you that right now. It's ninety four or five the buzz Rod Ryan Show. I'm going to throwback Thursday. I promise we're gonna get the song clips, like, why don't you guys just get the words?
Speaker 1: Make it quick, don't tell me what tw He hates being told what to do. Your poor mom, your poor mom, and every teacher that you ever came across. Oh yeah, oh yeah, Uh, good morning, everybody. Time to read my books.
Speaker 2: Melanie, where are you from? I'm from League City? Okay. And who's listening to you this morning on the air? Anybody listening live or you're waiting and they're waiting for the podcast later. I think my husband's listening.
Speaker 1: Okay, shout out.
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 4: James?
Speaker 1: James worked with you a little bit, and the daughters were working with you last night.
Speaker 2: Kids names uh Man, Alyn, Vanessa and Genevieve.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Okay, you guys are busy over there? Yea, the full house?
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, who's going first?
Speaker 1: I am you chose this, Yes, you chose this life. I did choose.
Speaker 2: You did volunteer to come in here, right?
Speaker 8: Yes? Chile.
Speaker 2: He didn't go to your house and pluck you out of and drag you here, did he Okay, why do you hear of her own voliicious?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, you want to go first, Yes, let's go first.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do this. I like that she's glady. You picked a good one, all right, help her, help her out with those headphones. You have picked all stellar performers, stellar performers. Now that's just we're not going to need this. I really have full confidence. For some reason, there's just a vibeing on Melanie right now. She's going to win. But just in case there's a problem, if there's just some complete meltdown, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Hello, good morning Hello.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 2: Luke. If Melanie, if she just crashes and burns, I will give you the Volbeat Hailstorm tickets. Okay, don't plan on going for free. You will. You will be using ticketmaster dot com to get those tickets. But you're the backup, all right, ah you do.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Melanie's wondering what the hell is going on?
Speaker 12: She's raiding everybody's lips right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay that guy.
Speaker 2: Word number one sent in by Drew thumbs up. Okay, she's ready.
Speaker 12: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: Twenty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 21: Soon as I say the word rock, Weenie slap, say it again, Weenie slap, Weenie slap.
Speaker 1: Yet you got it, weenie slap.
Speaker 12: Chilli.
Speaker 2: You gotta kill her in here, Weenie.
Speaker 12: Slap saying you man, those redheads man to kill it all the time.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you, and I didn't. I didn't scold anyone today for sending in words. But every time we have a chick coming into play, it's all meaners. Yeah, it's all every word meaner words.
Speaker 1: And then here I is. Look and what do I do? Play right into your hand? Play right in your hand? Okay, here we go. I don't think there's any more wieners and nice a stack of words.
Speaker 12: Less hope not.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be weenie liss moving forward.
Speaker 12: Let's go with the clamors.
Speaker 2: Doctor shut up, but you stop it. We have company. Doctor doctor Malina sent about it. Doctor Malina centis in.
Speaker 1: Sleep tattoo.
Speaker 18: Slip tattoo, sleep tattoo, sleep tattoo.
Speaker 2: We got a killer in here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you got a killer in here?
Speaker 2: That guy on the phone, I don't even know his name.
Speaker 1: I'm not even I'm not even getting you to know him.
Speaker 12: Skywalk out of here.
Speaker 1: Guy on the phone. I'm not You're just guy on the phone.
Speaker 2: You're not. You're not getting these tickets.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 2: That's Luke.
Speaker 12: Oh it's Luke, Luke Skywalker.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know who it is. That is it Luke?
Speaker 12: Is it Luke?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Okay, she's got to, she's got to.
Speaker 1: We have a killer in here right now, Luke.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you to hang on, Luke if you want.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you would.
Speaker 12: They just hang bro.
Speaker 2: Alright, here we go Ashley with an Eye. Oh now, and she's been the killer of dreams before. Yeah, she sent me Today's crazy criminal blog page. Yeah, I saw that one, and she sent me this word.
Speaker 1: Here we go, thumbs up. I think this was a fun fact. I'm embarrassed. Sperm spark.
Speaker 22: Say that again, sperm spark, smurf smart sperm spark. Sperm spark, smurf smart sperm spark.
Speaker 1: She doesn't want to say it, sperm spark. Now she got little kids.
Speaker 12: I think you knew the words, you just didn't want to see.
Speaker 1: So I apologize.
Speaker 2: And it came in from Ashley with an Eye told Diller Company, I think we did a fun fact on the show.
Speaker 1: At some point this week. I don't know this ridiculous program sperm spark.
Speaker 2: I think when I think, when that whole thing happens, the miracle of birth and life or life like.
Speaker 1: Shoots, it's like careful Usain boats.
Speaker 12: It was something faster than Usain bolt. I remember that.
Speaker 2: But there was some sort of a mini spark when the stuff reaches the egg or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I know you got kids, Jesus Christ, come on clean it up here. It's a beautiful thing. It's a beautiful thing, all right, Alex, she got two.
Speaker 8: I see you.
Speaker 1: I see how nervous you look.
Speaker 2: He's nervous.
Speaker 10: You look.
Speaker 1: Who's this guy in the phone? Why are you here?
Speaker 2: Phone guy?
Speaker 1: Why are you still here? We don't need you. You're still hanging on?
Speaker 4: There? You think?
Speaker 1: Do you think Alex is going three for three?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: If you you were welcome to hang on, if you want to just hang up, if you want, it's.
Speaker 4: Up to you.
Speaker 12: I mean she put all the pressure on Alex.
Speaker 1: Of course she did, and you went first. You're an animal. Good for you. All right, here we go.
Speaker 12: Don't let that that innocent little fool you man. She she knew what she was doing.
Speaker 1: She heard.
Speaker 2: Okay, Alex has the headphones on, doesn't necessarily need this, but I'm sure it would help him.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up. Molly sent this in.
Speaker 23: Jeep duck, jeep duck, chip nut, jeep ship, jeep duck, what jeep duck, chip shot, jeep duck, cheap shot, cheap shot jeep.
Speaker 2: Now I'm realizing that was a tough work.
Speaker 1: Huh Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Oh, he's mad.
Speaker 1: He's mad jeep duck.
Speaker 2: Luke, I even know what that is. Luke.
Speaker 1: You're not still there, are you?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm still here.
Speaker 2: I can't get rid of him. I can't get rid of him, all right, Luke swainning for his participation trophy.
Speaker 1: There's a you know, people put ducks on jeeps.
Speaker 12: Do you know about that? Yeah, I've seen it a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, house, that's pretty much with that word like, just because he hasn't hurt. Now, okay, he's mad.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 12: You gola to deal with for the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: Jason sent us in he's your twin, get him under control.
Speaker 12: I'm the I'm the nice one. You got the evil one. Only there, all right, I'm in ah.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Jason sent this in twenty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 2: Thumbs up.
Speaker 24: Yeah, Spring song? What spring song? Spring Song, Spring Dog, spring spring Dong, Spring Song. Now you're saying that's different Spring Song, Spring Song, Spring Song?
Speaker 2: I don't know Spring song?
Speaker 11: Nate.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh, they call her. Better not be there, upsick that kid better not be on the phone.
Speaker 2: You better not be there. Are you on the phone, Yes, sir, what are you doing here? Stay on the phone?
Speaker 1: Spring Song, Spring Song? Jeep duck is a thing, it's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they put ducks on GKA.
Speaker 1: Well I don't have a billion dollars and have a geep.
Speaker 5: Sorry that you're George h we have a winners letting them down?
Speaker 1: Oh that you lost budding? Some kinds of you? Oh did I was trying to get you to hang out. You're arguing with trash in a trash can. Luke, would you I'm done with you?
Speaker 12: Thank you. I'm going Thank you, Luke, go get an the station and get tattoos.
Speaker 2: So two things are gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Luke on the phone. I'm glad, Luke ross the vibe. I'm very happy you went today.
Speaker 2: Melanie the felon ye what going first? Talk about just whipping it out and saying I'm going first, and that is awesome. I had. I'm telling you, maybe I do have the vibe. Maybe I do have the I'm a vibe receptor. I'm a receptor of vibes. Chili found I know, but I was vibing. Melanie Volby Hailstorm. What a show, July twenty ninth, seventy and three Music Hall. I don't care if you hate those bands. What a great win today, What an awesome win today.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Thank you so much. You were awesome. You were awesome.
Speaker 12: And she came in early right, Oh yeah, dude, like an hour. The parent.
Speaker 1: People that come in early are just superior people.
Speaker 2: I knew she was gonna be good. I told you a great job today. Great job today.
Speaker 1: Wow, hey wizard, we even had time to play a song. Hey guys, thank you.
Speaker 2: Melanie.
Speaker 1: Notty Moore fought the buzz like im Luke say it and so.
Speaker 2: I will not go.
Speaker 1: He just wouldn't leave. He just wouldn't leave. That was my tribute to Luke on the back, Luke, are you still there?
Speaker 12: No, he's gone.
Speaker 2: Ninety four the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show, Melanie, great job. Obviously, the practice paid off working with the kiddos and the husband last night, and uh, you know, she was notified yesterday that she was going to be coming into play. She said, it took an hour to get in here today, an hour to commit for glory though, the glory of the of the victory. So we'll do it all again next week. I don't know if Chili just keeps that link up all the time or is it do you start again on Monday? How does it work now that we got like I know, we have like people that are red hot. They're listening and they're like wow, people can come in there and they can win. And then Chili's playing next week. So does that link just stay up or do you want me to just start pushing it again on Monday?
Speaker 20: So I take it down and schedule it for Monday, okay, But if you want me to leave it up, I can leave it up so people can just keep signing on and then you know.
Speaker 2: Chili, it's International Day of Happiness. I'm easy, like Sunday morning today, Okay, International Day of Happiness.
Speaker 1: I want you to do what makes you happy.
Speaker 12: You know what you've been the easy as you ever been, I know for to take you.
Speaker 1: So just think about it. Okay, just leave it up. I'll just leave it up. Okay, it'll be on.
Speaker 2: He'll leave that link on links and guess it may get buried by new stuff every day, but it'll be there. I'll refreshate and put it on on the every day. Goodn't and then you can you could be the next. I mean, look at Melanie the fortune and fame. She's already got offers coming in, you know what I mean. She's got lawyers are calling everybody.
Speaker 12: You should say what she's sogging over here?
Speaker 1: She said.
Speaker 20: She said that her husband send her a text message saying that she was not only here to play the game, but to audition for Alex's job.
Speaker 2: Oh, there we go. So she's over here, got confidence now, and she has her own Seltzer already, Yeah, she had. There's a Melanie Seltzer already at specs. It happened that quick, that's how quickly it happened. She's got her own line of Seltzer's.
Speaker 12: She's got her own side hustles now, and she has my job.
Speaker 2: It doesn't pay well. It's not that she's got her own line. They're called high Melanie's tequila or vodka. That happened quick Man, all right, congratulations, that was great.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the buzz but breaking Venjamin proven that they can still rock with the bast of them. It's called Awaken rod Ryan's Show on this Throwback Thursday. Okay, I'm bound interment to get some song clips played for you. We'll do it early in the nine o'clock hour, just so you know what you're voting for. And I need to get some more votes in here. But right now, better than Mesra is in the league, followed by news and I think once you hear Hoos everything, you're gonna say, oh, that's that song that I love when it wins on Throwback Thursday right now, Sunny Sky's no Rain on tap today high today of around seventy Alex has Houston's headlines, O.
Speaker 1: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: Firefighters continue to battle a wildfire in Sanjacino County after at least two thousand acres.
Speaker 1: Were burned yesterday and overnight.
Speaker 5: At least three hundred homes are currently being threatened by the fire, and as of last night it was only ten percent.
Speaker 6: Of this morning actually was only ten percent contained.
Speaker 5: Wildfire is happening northwest of FM seventeen to twenty five and also Brooks Road in San Jacino County Montgomery. Montgomery County officials say residents off of Pauline Road, Lee Turner Road, Kirby Road, Big Buck Road, Hereford Way, and Blue Teal Road should all evacuate. Google has discovered over ten thousand fake business listings on Google Maps, and the companies now suing those responsible for them to scam involved creating bogus profiles, especially for services like locksmiths and towing, which people often need urgently. The fake listings tricked people into contacting unlicensed providers who charged more than expected. The investigation began with a Texas business reported an unlicensed locksmith impersonating them. Google's general counsel commented that scammers are becoming more and more sophisticated, collaborating, collaborating globally, and using social media to promote fake reviews.
Speaker 1: To protect yourself.
Speaker 5: Google recommends that you verify the legitimacy of businesses by checking their contact information and being cautious of unusually low prices or requests for unconventual in methods. So if anybody's asking you to pay in a gift card. Just don't do it, all right. I've known people that got scamed by that. If anybody's like, hey, give me a gift card day anywhere for payment.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 2: I told your scam. The last time I had my mom out at a store, she was like, what are Apple gift cards? I'm like, why do you want to know?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why is it that you need to know that?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 12: I just wanted to know?
Speaker 1: She wouldn't tell me.
Speaker 6: Somebody was probably like, hey, is a thousand dollars in Apple gift cards?
Speaker 1: Just will go away.
Speaker 2: I'm like, don't worry about it. You're not gonna tell me. I'm not gonna tell you.
Speaker 5: A Texas woman hit the lottery last month, winning eighty three point five million dollars, but now they won't pay her out because she bought her ticket through an app called jack Pocket, which is owned by the gambling site draft Kings. The app is considered a courier app, where you pay through the app and then someone goes and buys your ticket for you. Texas lawmakers have been moving to ban the app and others like it, partly because Texas state law says that you have to pay cash for lottery tickets. The state Senate recently passed a bill that would have banned career apps, but the House did not pass it, so it never became a law, which is a little weird that they're not paying out at now since it's not a law. Caurrier apps have been operating in Texas since twenty sixteen, and nine percent of tickets sold in the state are bought through one. The woman is hired a lawyer and is trying to get her winnings. Still, I feel like you just got handed. You should handle the money. That's that's bogus. It's not a law. You can't be well perfectly. We don't think it should be a law. I kind of agree with you, like it's it's either law it's not and if it's not law, you can't enforce that. Podcaster Alex Cooper is bringing her Unwell brand to spring Break and Meet for her first ever Unwell Weekend.
Speaker 6: It'll be three nights of what they're calling a.
Speaker 5: Who's who of influencers, well inness activities, and poolside ragers.
Speaker 6: It's going to go on today through Sunday on South Beach.
Speaker 5: Cooper is going to be there herself, along with a laundry list of influencers and mystery guests.
Speaker 1: People can purchase guaranteed entry.
Speaker 5: Into the event for twenty five dollars, but there will also be a free general admission as well.
Speaker 1: Guns N' Roses.
Speaker 5: Drummer Frank Ferrer is leaving the band. Fairs manned the drums for gn R since two thousand and six and says that he's leaving on good terms. In fact, the band's instagram posted photos of Farer on stage with the caption guns N' Roses and bounces the amical exit of Frank Ferrer. The band thanks Frank for his friendship, creativity and sturdy presidents over the past nineteen years and wish him success in the next chapter of his musical journey. The band takes off a European tour in May, so expect an announcement about a replacement in the near future.
Speaker 1: That or those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 2: I don't think Steven Adler made it five years. He will always be the drummer for most people. Yeah, he has been there nineteen Yeah he'll be the one. Yeah, this guy's been there nineteen years. Steven Adler didn't make it five years, but he was on that first album. Yeah, and they were all celebrities in that band, every guy, every pretty crazy remember of that band was just a name.
Speaker 5: The last two in c DOAA playing games for last night, Mount Saint Mary's got by American University eighty three seventy two and Xavier came back to beat Texas eighty six to eighty. The first round of the tournament officially starts today's Nodle games on that schedule at eleven fifteen.
Speaker 6: That's when it all gets going.
Speaker 5: Louisville take on Creighton, and then U of H will play SIU Edwardsville at one o'clock today. You've can listen to that here locally on sister station AM nine to fifty KPRC. Texas A and m is gonna take on thirteenth seed at Yale at six twenty five, and Texas Tech and UNC Wilmington are gonna wrap things up tonight at nine ten. You can watch all the games on CBS, T and T, TBS and True TV over In the NBA, Rockets beat the Magic last night, one sixteen to one oh eight. Was their eighth straight win, and they also clinched a playoff Berth with that. If the season were to end today, the Rockets will be the number two seed in the Western Conference. They're gonna have a day off before they play the Heat tomorrow night in Miami. And down at Spring Training, the Astros lost to the Mess yesterday eight to two. They'll play the Marlins today down in Jupiter, Florida. First pitch is at twelve ten. That is what's going on in.
Speaker 14: Sports Houston, Houston's alternative and home of The Rod Ryan Morning Show, ninety four five The Buzz Buzz.
Speaker 1: Thank you Jared.
Speaker 2: We did go to Jared's thirty seconds to Bars and the Kill last hour.
Speaker 1: Guys, that's it now. I don't know what happened today.
Speaker 2: We got busy.
Speaker 1: We got very very busy for some reason.
Speaker 2: We really haven't done song clips and I know the winning song is going to be played at nine thirty. But I do want you to hear these songs because I want you to go in and vote. Many of you are now off the roads, yeah right, there's still a lot of people out there. Many of you are off the roads now. Maybe you're at a computer or your phone. You can get to it and you can cast your vote. Throwback Thursday winning song played, Oh Things are moving around?
Speaker 1: Winning song played at nine thirty this morning. Let's just get this over with.
Speaker 2: I've been in radio.
Speaker 1: For a long time. I don't remember when this song had its moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't remember when this I get it, mused. You know, they've had a couple of songs that have broken through, and they've been played in all you guys are educated radio listeners, now you know it's been played. What I mean when I say they've been played in all day parts, mornings, afternoons, evenings. I never once played this song on my morning show that's been going on since two thousand. This song never made it to mornings early morning. No, and I just don't know when. But I couldn't tell you when. I mean, I could have looked it up and I didn't.
Speaker 1: We're good, all right to listen to it now. It's in first place music Nights of Sedonia. Are there words in it?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean the musicianship and everything in the band, muse, I get it. They're good.
Speaker 1: It's just they're a little why these are my buddies.
Speaker 2: Technically from Baton Rouge, The Red Stick but I know him from New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Around the house. This was a number one song for them.
Speaker 8: Behind the window and the door.
Speaker 2: This has been leading most of the morning. It was a simple refresh that knocked. As they're known as Bte better than Nazra Good knocked them in the second place. Muse forty four percent of the vote, better than Nazra thirty seven percent of the vote. It might be too late, but when you hear it, when I say the name of the band is everything, You're like, I've never heard a song about the band everything. Yeah, you have this one.
Speaker 1: You've heard that song. It's called Pooch and it's won before.
Speaker 11: It was long and the road is grinding long and the body is wandering down again.
Speaker 2: And I'll say this because I've already told you I voted. But on today being the International Day of Happiness, say this could be the theme.
Speaker 1: Song of the International Day of Happiness. Yeah, very much, you could.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 25: You got thet the fresh fresh, You've got the sweetest day in the world.
Speaker 1: So I may obscrewed this band over by not playing that clip earlier.
Speaker 2: It is really good.
Speaker 1: I just don't know that.
Speaker 2: In nineteen minutes that a.
Speaker 1: Miracle could happen. Anything happened due.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's the internet. You can vote what song do you want played? At nine thirty without us yapping all over it. I promise you Buzzfest tickets. I have Buzzfest tickets for you. I will take caller number ten right now. Seven one, three, two, two five five.
Speaker 4: Houston's Rock and.
Speaker 9: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 8: The buzz.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, I'm going to the phones about the babe. Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Hi, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: Who's this.
Speaker 20: Katie?
Speaker 1: How are you feeling on this International Day of Happiness?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Film pretty pretty happy?
Speaker 5: Now, well we're just.
Speaker 1: Chit chatting, you know. But yeah, I'm glad.
Speaker 2: I'm glad.
Speaker 5: What is your name, Katie?
Speaker 2: Katie? You call her number ten.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get you those Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never been to both.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: This is like Buzzfast six hundred and eighty.
Speaker 7: Hello, Yeah, my sister is gone but not me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, we gotta bring I mean, she knows how to do it. Would you bring her?
Speaker 2: You got somebody already lined up? Uh, yeah, she'll probably want to go.
Speaker 7: I think she must have to do it.
Speaker 2: Listen, there's nothing to know, there's nothing to know, bring a great attitude, be ready to rock.
Speaker 1: Out all day with us.
Speaker 2: The show is Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion. Everyone else, Katie, Katie, everyone else is going to.
Speaker 1: Ticketmaster right now.
Speaker 4: Not you.
Speaker 1: I got a pair of tickets for you. Oh all right, that's awesome, all right.
Speaker 2: I love hearing that. It is a brand new buzzfester. That makes me happy. Katie, hang on the.
Speaker 9: Phone for me, all right, thank.
Speaker 17: You, Tomline.
Speaker 1: It's Alix online.
Speaker 2: The muzz All right, what you're doing today today?
Speaker 5: Since the NCAA tournament gets underway, We're going to be doing some basketball and you're just shooting.
Speaker 1: Hoops on your phone or on your computer.
Speaker 2: Okay, on time.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're not gonna be working today anyway, because you can be watching the game.
Speaker 6: So you just don't work now, so you can also not work later.
Speaker 5: So go check that out shooting hoops at the web famous Rode Ryan showpage, the bus dot com.
Speaker 2: Quick check on the voting because this is the last time I'm going to get to check. Uh well, the song clips worked for better than Ezra. They have a slight lead over Muse the Hoops got a ton of votes. It's still it's just I'm telling you it's it's not impossible. It's not impossible.
Speaker 4: What do we got?
Speaker 2: We got Papa Roach. Oh yeah, we're gonna get ready for Pappa Roach tonight. Papa Roach just three and a half minutes. He got four minutes, You got four minutes to vote.
Speaker 1: You can do it. If Alex get your lade ladles together, all right, all right, assure you it's true.
Speaker 2: But the ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show. It's Papa Roach, even if it kills me. Papa Roach playing tonight, Rise of the Roach. Finally here. We've been talking about this show for amper Rise against Rise of the Roach, special guests under oath. Tonight, the Toyota Center will be rocking. We'll get you in the pit before we're done with you today.
Speaker 1: I'm undone.
Speaker 2: You think I'm done with you, I'm not done.
Speaker 1: With you, okay, so not even close.
Speaker 2: Wild I will be done with you in about thirty minutes, but I'm not yet. All right, Refresh, Refresh. It was gonna take a miracle. It was gonna take a miracle. I mean, this is the time of miracles, right, the March, madness and stuff. You know, it'll be rock and roll time, showtime. It'll be unbelievable.
Speaker 8: Baby.
Speaker 2: See we've got a diaper dandy.
Speaker 1: We don't have a diaper dandy. Sorry, everything wos last place?
Speaker 2: Guys. You want to see it close. You want to see a close race better than Nasra Good thirty five point sixty five, Muse Knights of Sedonia thirty six point eighty six.
Speaker 1: That is close, guys, Muse with the win today, Mom, it's so.
Speaker 2: Bad Thursday, Whatever the hell, here's your throwback Thursday winner on ninety four to five Hit the Bush.
Speaker 8: Ye made of the story?
Speaker 1: Oh sure you God falls a see by.
Speaker 4: A job.
Speaker 25: Killing kill me aks, do always tell.
Speaker 4: Us side nor time boys Now was not Sack.
Speaker 1: Is trying to exi.
Speaker 4: Fee fi Fo.
Speaker 25: Fears, Sister School spe.
Speaker 9: Yes, The Rod Ryan Show, Good Morning Song ninety.
Speaker 15: Four, five The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Gorillas along with Dla Soul and Feel Good Ink and then that Muse song before that Sidonia.
Speaker 1: It is mostly an instrumental. It's slapped the last sixty seconds slapped. Yeah, okay, whatever kicked in there at the end, I just I went back Alan music for the first three minutes I looked.
Speaker 2: And right after we started playing the song, I hit refresh better than us was in the lead. I'm like, once I hit refresh and it's nine thirty boom, I don't budge from it. So this thing is all based on your votes. So thank you guys for getting involved. Heank you to everybody that sent in those words. I don't think Alex would back that up, but thank you to everybody.
Speaker 1: That sent in words today for read my lips. It was a great game this morning.
Speaker 2: Are we back to a regular podcast schedule and all of that stuff. Yes, podcasting the show every.
Speaker 1: Day and every day that we have been on air, we have podcasts. Okay, what about Past the Gravy, brand new episode out now.
Speaker 5: We did a mock draft of carnival games, trying to figure out what the best carnival game is a lot of different ways you can go.
Speaker 1: You got to describe them, like, there's not a simple name for some of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some of them different names, but we did a good job kind of specifying what it was.
Speaker 2: So there's the water gun to try to make the thing go up, or maybe the horse race.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so those are two different games. Was like those were both taken.
Speaker 5: There was the water gun splash, water gun blast, and then water erace is and that's the horse race, the horse race, and then I got horse race knocking over the bottles. That's a milk milk junk toss basketball basketball.
Speaker 1: That was my first PI.
Speaker 2: What about that crazy I mean, please, nobody had on their list that crazy ladder that nobody can get to the top.
Speaker 1: No, no, nob that did not make it.
Speaker 2: That's a game though, right did not get drafted. Though it's a skill, it's a game. Okay, so nobody took that, but.
Speaker 5: It was that was a fun little, uh little draft we got to do. We were talking about sending food and drink back and how I was like, am I like a loser that I am? Just like I'm I'll just drink this drink.
Speaker 1: I don't really care.
Speaker 6: Like there's people that just are very confident in themselves to be.
Speaker 1: Like send this back. I want it the other way, like I'm I'm just gonna eat that.
Speaker 5: Well, if you saw the movie Waiting, yeah, that's another reason why. We talked a lot about March madness and some conspiracy theory.
Speaker 1: So go check it out.
Speaker 6: That's gonna be episode six o eight up now.
Speaker 2: Hit tickets to popa Roach Rise Against the show is tonight. Chili's been sitting on these pit tickets. We have them for you.
Speaker 1: Alex has a question on the flip of this break.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. There it is, there it is.
Speaker 2: That's my music for no the show.
Speaker 1: It's a big one today.
Speaker 2: To put more pressure on you for the picking choosing the question a little bit. It's a pit tickets to tonight's Popper Roach Rise Against show. Tickets are still available through Ticketmaster. Oh no, that's uh, that's that's a Toyota Center. Yeah, you gotta go to Toyota Center dot com. Sorry. Uh so, yeah, you can pick up those whatever tickets are remaining. But I don't think you can get pit tickets. I'm quite sure you can't. Good winning from us if.
Speaker 1: You know the show. What's your question?
Speaker 5: What's a new trend that we talked about today that people are doing when getting tattoos.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say something that probably would have got.
Speaker 2: Us probably in trouble.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was just gonna say that.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna come out and say something, and I said, hey, dumn it, you can't say that word on the Okay, I'll keep my mouth shut for the most part. Seven one three two one two five The New Dangerous Trend in Tattoos seven one three two two four five Offspring Going Away ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning Roun Ryan Show. Getting ready to wrap things up?
Speaker 1: Did you turn off the ac in here? I put on my swe is it chili in here? You had an all morning chili came in here and just that when he was in I don't know.
Speaker 5: I feel like the aces are attached to like different studios.
Speaker 1: They control them. Another one in my other room controls like two other different rings.
Speaker 2: In the last twenty minutes, I put on my sweater. Yeah, yeah, like a beach.
Speaker 1: No, yes, so let's show it.
Speaker 2: Okay, good morning, everybody, beautiful day on tap No rain Sunny's guys hies up around seventy. Yeah, I'll take that.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to that, let's wrap up this show, do some thank you and then we'll be out of here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we have a meeting today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like, meeting today, eleven fifteen. We will start with the spring song.
Speaker 1: I'll be busy at that point. Man, he's now time for I know this show on ninety four to five, The buzz.
Speaker 15: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: I can't talk about laundry detergent caps every day, okay, Like that's the one thing that seen the like in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, I do that.
Speaker 2: I didn't know anybody else did it. I didn't know there were words on the cap. That's that's that's like validation. Like I think he kind of liked that discussion yesterday. All right, take my licks. Good morning, brod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Who's this.
Speaker 2: Hi, Kevin? How are you you'd?
Speaker 1: How about you?
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I got a meeting with my boss. It's cool. Not those were always awesome. Yeah yeah, just tell me in an email that it sucked and then let's get the meeting. Yeah we're good, all right, Kevin. Let's get you in and out dude, huge ticket.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, all right, Oh yeah, I'm pulp.
Speaker 2: Okay, Alex, what's your question, Kevin?
Speaker 5: What is the new trend that people are doing with tattoos while getting We talked about that this morning.
Speaker 7: Well, the woosee way out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Dak Prescott matthiesstay call it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we both looked that up and yeah, it's just common knowledge that Dak was out for.
Speaker 1: That whole leg tattoo that he got.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Expensive, man hasn't been good sense. Hey, congratulations, Kevin, you're in the You're in the pit tonight, Papa Roach rise against Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: Ware, to hang out ware, to hang in there with us to the end of the show.
Speaker 2: Bro, thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Thank y'all.
Speaker 2: Okay, the I didn't I didn't beat up anybody else that won pit tickets from us today.
Speaker 1: But you sound like you sound like the kind of guy that could handle simple instructions.
Speaker 2: Maybe a picture of you and Jacoby behind you in the pit. Maybe a picture you can send to us and tell us about the show. Most definitely, I've heard that before, Kevin. I hear those kinds of things people. Most definitely, all right, Maybe.
Speaker 7: I'll get lucky and have the microphone in my hand too.
Speaker 2: One of those kind of night, you know, he gets crazy like that. All right, Kevin, have a great time at that show. Everyone, have a great time at the Papa Road Show. If you're going to, uh, Cody Jinks tonight. We gave way a bunch of tickets this week to Cody Jinks tonight too. Rodeo Houston. You know, band's got to.
Speaker 1: Compete against that damn rodeo.
Speaker 2: It's tough, you know, Like I you remember Jelly Roll, he didn't even want to announce his show. He was waiting the whole country last year. I don't know we ever talked about this. I believe the whole country announced. Like the Jelly Road Tour, there was a hole he was in, you know, the cities that were surrounding us. He didn't want to talk about.
Speaker 1: It during the rodeo.
Speaker 2: And then right when the rodeo ended, then he announced Houston. He's like the worst kept secret ever, but he didn't want to mess with the rodeo.
Speaker 1: He didn't want to mess with it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is a bohemoth for sure, all right, Kennedy cash Man, has it been thirty days? Apparently he took out Danny Boy Kenny de cash Man.
Speaker 1: He's an eight time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: I give him the benefit of the doubt. He said he waited thirty days to play, thirty days to the day. He was counting those days. It's thirty days. It's not thirty days that were on the air. True, we were on spring break vacation. He was counting those days. So if that's what your bugaboo is, then there isn't one. But like you know, there's twenty eight days in February. I'm like, okay, how do you guys get into that? Actually, Melody the Melanie the felony right, maloney, Yes, she beat you today and read my lips pretty convincing. Who was that got Luke on the phone? He was funny.
Speaker 6: Well, he was a Cowboys fan. So I'm glad he didn't win.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I forgot it.
Speaker 2: Uh So, Melanie, thank you so much for coming down. Thank you to everyone that submitted words. Uh thank you to the TVT voters. My argument in the meeting today and I will not be argumentative, oh yeah you will, but I will say, did we lose more listeners during the spring song or the Muse.
Speaker 1: Songs coming up. Jeremy, he's got the NonStop nooner. He just rocks that whole hour.
Speaker 2: He's got picking tickets in the one o'clock hour. All right, there is a new episode of Pass the Gravy. Sounds like they covered some really cool topics.
Speaker 12: Lada later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's on links and guests or wherever you download podcasts, and then the show's podcast every day, guys, the show is podcast the whole show.
Speaker 1: If you missed anything, if you missed that reading my lips game, it was really good.
Speaker 2: That's it. We got to go.
Speaker 1: We're on a twenty hour break.
Speaker 2: We're back tomorrow and do it all again and wrap it up.
Speaker 4: For the week.
Speaker 1: Hey, am, well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 10: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.