Speaker 1: Good morning, give morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. Meet. Is time now for our community connection on K one. The one you trust. Mary Lynn mem is with you here and she is with Okam Music and we have got one Saint Lee Day coming up here that is true.
Speaker 2: Tom, good morning.
Speaker 1: Are you. I'm doing wonderfully, Thank you very much. The sun is shining. I hope everybody's doing okay today. But we've got a very special day coming up with Saint Nicholas Day.
Speaker 2: We do. Saint Nicholas Day is one of our favorite days at okay In Music. It honors and celebrates the life of Saint Nicholas. Too many also know as Santa Claus, but Saint Nicholas was a real person, and so we'd like to honor this day by celebrating it with our young okay In Music patron and we invite parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters, aunt and uncles to come out and celebrate that day through a story time with Saint Nicholas. Saint Nicholas will be at our event. It is this Friday, December sixth, which is Saint Nicholas Day. It will be at six pm at Ambler Hall and for those who don't know what Amble Hall or where that is, but that four fifteen Southview Ambler Hall is on Music Hall. It's a very small music hall that is a wonderful acoust six and it's a very pretty little venue. And so we'd like to host bar with St Nicholas stay there and we'll have kids come and they'll do crafts, they'll hear a story time about Saint Nicholas. They're going to hear the Bartlespool Choir, the high school choirs seeing amazing Christmas carols and songs. They can get up and dance and sing with them. We'll have cookies and hot cocoa and lots of craft.
Speaker 1: Wow, this sounds like an action packed a little to get together here.
Speaker 2: It's you know, it's a really good time. We already have I think over fifty children who have reserved their spot, so we have a little bit of room weft. So if you still want to come, pease get on our website at okaynmusic dot org go to the Saint Nicholas page and reserve your spot. It's free to the public. We just have to make sure that we are not exceeding our part of Marshall capacity and we have to make sure that we have plenty of food and crafts for everyone, so please go on and do that. We're very excited to have it. We also have a special Saint Nicholas Day bag. The tradition of Saint Nicholas is often that he would have sort of gone quietly in the night and given gifts to those in need, and given gifts to those in his village. And so in honor of doing that, we have a Saint Day Nicholas or Saint play Bad that you can purchase ten dollars, which value have gone up eighty dollars gets filled with two special books about Saint Netbooks, a second story book of fun tales of music Adventure, a Saint Nechli's activity book, colored pencils, three musical instruments, fun Christmas coloring pages, an orange again in honor of Saint Nicholas, two candy canes in honor of Saint Nicholas, chocolates and other sweet treats, a gingerbread house hit and morphities that have made their way into the bags. Those bags can be purchased again on a cand music dot org and you can pick them up today starting today through Fridays, wow five at our office, which again is at four or fifteen south.
Speaker 1: East dewey Man.
Speaker 3: That is really cool.
Speaker 1: And you know what the thing is with the instruments in there, It gives the kids a little first hand to hands on, to kind of get familiar with maybe something fun, maybe something that's going to take their interest a little bit further than just one day.
Speaker 2: And he usually yes, no, it's really exciting.
Speaker 3: It has.
Speaker 2: I will just tell you about the instruments. We have a recorder. They're really fun. You either get a red one or a green one for cook clubs, or harmonica which also very nice to monica red or green, and then you get jingle belts. And then the peace saver resistance is the ukulele. You get an actual real ukulele in your bag. And so I think you could make it a family event. Everyone could take an instrument and you could all learn jingle belts together. So I think it's a wonderful way to introduce children to music, to music instrumentation, and it's just you know, the opening in the beginning to a lifelong filled with music. And you know, com being a musician yourself, how much joy music brings through one and to the community, and so we're we're excited and tickle pinks that we're able to offer these bags. They really are special. In fact, we have adults who buy them as gifts for a nieces and nephews, and I think we have some adults too actually buy them for themselves. And so because they celebrated Saint Michelis as a child and they have fond memories of that tradition, and so you know, we want to keep that tradition going. So again, come get your bag or reserve your spot. It's going to be a great time. I was just talking to Camera Walker, who is obviously the director of the Bartlesfell Chloir, and she has so many wonderful songs prepared. The kids are really excited, and so those of you who came out to the Kindle market you heard them perform, and they are truly amazing. Everyone sort of thought that they were doing when they started performing and really paid attention and listened, and you know that they were asking, oh my gosh, she really did. And we were excited to tell them that they were in the Bartowell High School and they are part of the choir and jobs Choir en Humble and they are truly talented, so please come out and support them. They do a fantastic job and the kids love to get up and sing well them and dance, and it's a really it's a fun time, oh it is.
Speaker 3: It is really a joyous time, you know.
Speaker 1: With the ok A lot of people will think, okay festival, But the thing is, we do these other fun things year round, not only to raise funds for the festival, but also to bring music into people's life with different forms of engagement, this being one of them, you know.
Speaker 3: And we just had the October Fest.
Speaker 1: We had the Chris Kindle Market and a few other things too, but it keeps everything pretty much on the top of mind awareness.
Speaker 2: As they say, absolutely we want folks to have the opportunity to have programming year round. It's a way. Both Cryptkindle Market and Saint Nicholas Day are a way for ACAM Music to truly showcase our youth performers in Bartlesville and showcase their talents, allow them the opportunity to perform outside of school and give them more experience, give them more exposure, and it truly is a way, and of course then it inspires younger students and younger performers that you know someday they'll get to do the same thing, and it gives some inspiration, but also be good education. So often you know, you learn maybe new piece of music, or you learn a cultural pidbit about maybe a performance or a peep of music. And so it's a wonderful experience. It's wonderful for the community. I never seen anyone frowning. Everyone is always my work. So it brings joy, I think when you get to do all this wonderful music. But again, our event is this Friday, December sixth It starts at six pm, will go to probably about seven point thirty, maybe run over a little bit. We want everyone to be able to get their time and picture with Saint Netflix and be able to listen to the stories and complete their traps of course Pisa, Pussy's and Hot Poto and have a wonderful time doing all of that. And of course very Hamer Schmidt or do the police programming will be there. I will be there as well as one of our other board members to help everyone have a story of Saint Nicholas Day. And so if they want to come with you, if you're so in CLIENTE used to get our website at okaymmusic dot org. Go to the Saint Nicholis tabs and reserve your spot again. If you want to buy a Saint Nicholis Day bag filled with musical instruments, books, all kinds of wonderful budies value that approximately eighty dollars. They're only ten dollars. Our way to give back to the community and share a little bit of Saint Nicholas stories and in a special time of year with everyone.
Speaker 1: You know, we we have so many different events that we do with Okay, but this one is the one just kind of brings the big old smile that just doesn't.
Speaker 3: Go away for days, you know, because they say they're so cute.
Speaker 2: You know. And you know, that's the nice thing about Saint Nicholas Day is it really encompasses what a nonprofit is all about, and it's about giving. Saint Nicholais was an amazing saint who of course was known throughout his life for being extremely generous and basically a very philanthropic gentleman. And so we celebrate that because without nonprofits, the world would not be the place that it is, and so we celebrate nonprofits. We celebrate the joy of giving, and we thank all of our patrons for supporting us and making it possible for us to give back to the community and to give back to the children of Bartlesviille. I will say we also have another very special event coming up a week from the sixth, on the thirteenth, we have a merry musical Christmas concert with our very own Ocean Music to use keyboard orchestra, and we are very excited about that. It will be at the First Positarian Church which is located on five or five South Zwi, just right across the street from the Ocean Music office, and they are going to be playing amazing pieces that everyone is very similiar with, like Chikopsky's Overturch to the Nutcracker, jingle Bells, Personalel Deck the Halls, songs that everyone certainly will be able to get into and we'll really enjoy. Our instructors used to Steal and Happy Stewart have been looking very hard with these kids, and so again, if you're interested in coming, we just asked as you get on the web site it open and music dot org, reserve your spot. It's free to the public, come out and support these kids. We are pretty confident at all the leases that we've done that we are definitely in this area and we've seen nationwide. Are the first true use keyboard orchestra, and these kids do an amazing job. So they learn how to play different instruments, pution on these keyboards, and when you hear it, it sounds like a full ensemble orchestra. It's pretty remarkable. It's really cool, and they have a lot of fun with it. So we're very excited to showcase these instruments, and we're very excited to showcase the talent of these young performers. And so again that's coming up on Friday, December thirteenth, seven o'clock at the Change.
Speaker 3: Wow, it happened here in Barlsville.
Speaker 1: I like that it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, from November through December, it is all about our youth. It's all about our young performers, and it's all about you know, showcasing their talents and letting everyone come out and see why we do what we do and why we have the festival. All of these professional musicians got started somewhere, and we hope that it's you know, at a place like Okay and Music, where someone gave them the a chance and worked with them, and you know, then they grew into an amazing adult performer.
Speaker 3: Why my goodness.
Speaker 1: You know, when we think about all of the things that OK does for our community and for basically the kid too and everyone involved, we would just like to say thanks to.
Speaker 3: You for doing all that you do and your real gym here in our community and.
Speaker 1: Folks, you just need to take care of it, participate in the things we've got going on, and you might accidentally enjoy yourself and have a good time at the same time.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 2: It is so I you know, I think it's very hard, unless maybe you are possibly I think maybe you know, there there are times that music can elicit sad emotion, obviously at a funeral or whatnot. But for the most part, I think that music is joyous, it's inspirational, it's soulful. You know, often it can elicit someone to cry, it can listen someone to die laughing, or just bring a smile to their faith. It's calming, it's beautiful, and that's what we try to share with kids throughout our musical educational programming. You know, we talk about all of the different composers, and we talk about all the different of music, but it's fun to, you know, just share the emotional joy that music can have. And so I you know, you're talking about the crety coming out. Very rarely do I see anyone that was just singed. I think less people have smiles on their face. And I think people are extremely accreciatives And I appreciate you saying that, Tom, with what we do, they certainly support it. We have patrons who has been coming for forty years and we are so grateful to them, and we hope we have a new generation that will be coming for another forty years because music is important and we want to continue sharing that with all ages and make it accessible and make it free to the public.
Speaker 1: And you know what, we also have scholarships and we just have a brief amount of time, but folks can find out about the scholarships available at your website, can they not?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? If you go to Okay on music dot word and you click on the scholarship tab, you can read about the three different scholarships that we have. We have scholarship for students that are in elementary school as well as high schools who are studying. Currently, we give about two one thousand dollars scholarships throughout the school year, and then we also have a post high school scholarship that we give for again one thousand dollars for a student who is pursuing at least a minor in music through their college studies. So yeah, we're excited to be able to do that and thinks to events a White Crystal Market and our pivis us we're able to fund Bose scholarships and we're grateful to be able to do that and so excited to offer you know, students. Chris Aldobson, who is one of our interns who a series on the radio with New occasionally, is a primate example of a recipient of a scholarship and how it's thinking of difference in her life because she is studying music at Oklahimom State University and we are stilled to be able to help her do that.
Speaker 1: And thank you for being with Usha on our community can action this day on KAY one the one you trust