Speaker 1: Jane nine says the following about the weather heat divised to tomorrow at eight pm. Wait for it, we get a reprieve on Thursday between now and then high ninety one today with a low one hundred heat index, very hot, very humid, muggy. Overnight clear sky is seventy three, partly cloudy, very humid. Tomorrow with ninety two for a high and yeah, heat index in the low one hundreds. Wednesday night sixty eight flody, maybe a scattered shower phone in there. Then finally Thursday, cold front slowly coming in. We're going to see high have just eighty two, feel good seventy five. Right now, it's time for traffic chuck from the u se.
Speaker 2: Of Traffic center, you see a weight well center offers surgical and medico OBCD careen expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Res are clear off a two seventy five spound near Mostellar. That traffic clearing out from seven to forty seven. Just hereing dispatches for a new wreck on northbound seventy one before you get to the Ragan Highway. Traffic it's all already back king up through Kenwood chat ingram on fifty five KRC talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey twenty eight, fifty five KRCD talk station. Stayed in the obvious. It's Tuesday, and for regular listeners, stayed in the obvious. It's the time of week when we get the deep dive Daniel Davis Deep Dive find them online where you actually might run into me. I was on his program last week. It was a real honor to do so, Welcome back, retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis. Got a lot of haters out there, man, Well.
Speaker 3: Well we do. But you know the people, what do they call it? Hate watching? Sometimes they just love to do that. But it was great to have you on the show.
Speaker 4: Well, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Man. We talked about four or five different subject matters. But boy, I guess I really stepped in it when I had comments about Israel and no expert on you know, Israel, It's history or anything else. I'm just aware of what's in the news of late. But apparently that was what hit a nerve. But I guess I'm used to that. You always hit a nerve with someone when you're talking about the deteriorating situation there between Israel guys and of course the terrorist organizations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and of course I have this when you and I talk about Israel. I think you've told me You've had some of the folks not lacking what I've said either.
Speaker 4: So I guess you just can't win on that. You can't. It is what it is.
Speaker 1: That's the fact it really is. And people have some very very very deep seated feelings about that. But before we talk about that, let's get the latest on rushing Ukraine another day. Know, the same old, same old, it seems, you know, Donald Trump, it seems like he's pulling the plug on't even trying anymore. Tries to sit down with Vladimir Putin, tries to get Putin to negotiate, But as you and I have observed and talked about regularly, Vladimir Putin's got his list of demands, he's not wavering from them. And so you end a discussion with nobody conceding to anything that he wants. You're not going to get a settlement. And then the bombs and the drone start flying again.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and you know what, I honestly find the whole episode puzzling. I mean, let's go back to when the fifty day deadline was said. I thought that was kind of odd because I didn't understand what was fifty.
Speaker 4: Days tied to you?
Speaker 3: Now, why would you say, all right, we've already gone six months to the Trump administration. Why why another fifty days? And why would that be any different? And then why did it go from fifty to now ten or a dozen something like that? Uh? And but still we had the same thing lumin out that we did when that first fifty day deadline was set. What is going to happen if he tries to impose those secondary sanctions on Russia and the primary issues not what they do to Russia because Russia is basically sanctioned proof already. It's the secondary sanctions that they slapped the terrace on China, India, Brazil and anyone else. They say, who does business with Russia with uh pydric garbage, et cetera. I don't know that you're going to succeed if you're going to try to get our you know, our friend India to say don't buy Russian oil or it's gonna you know, get it from somewhere else where else are you going to get it? And then, of course we have the issue with China. We're still in a trade issue with them. And if you slap another one hundred percent, I mean that it hurt us last time when we had one hundred and forty five percent. So I just don't see how this is going to help our case much less hurt Russia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 1: As we enter into more thoughtful and I guess deep trade negotiations on tariffs with China and our negotiation process with them process with them, these secondary tariffs, I think it's just going to blow that up. I would imagine China's not going to stand for it in a discussion.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean because you're you've spent so many months and so much you know, political capital, trying to come up to some kind of a mutually acceptable financial deal and apparently there are making some progress.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you talk something like this on.
Speaker 3: Top, it'll literally blow up everything you've been doing and set us back, you know, several months, and that's just not going to be good for American consumers or business.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you get your reaction to this, because my my first reaction was this is childish. When we talk about, and we have before, when Ukraine wants to strike and strikes targets within Russia, you and I both scratch our head and wonder to what end. It's not like they're going to make advances and take over Russian territory. They don't enough troops to keep the territory if they took it. But when they choose targets to bomb, last time I checked, it was resort towns, there's not even a military objective. If you're bombing a beat where people go to vacation, what possible benefit could that be? And of course then the Russians retaliate by bombing the Ukraine resort towns, not military objectives. Either of those are civilian target So what's the point of this exercise? Again, it seems like children playing war games.
Speaker 3: Well, and part of the problem for the Ukraine side is that they don't. They have limited number of offensive missiles and drones, so they have some that can get in, but not that many. Russia, on the other hand, has more than enough air defense missiles. Unlike the Ukraine side and the Western side, who are in a significant dearth of those interceptor missiles, Russia has no shortage, but they have them. They do have a huge country, so they have to pick and choose where they put them. So on the militarily important targets, they have a lot of air defense, so Ukraine doesn't want to missiles where they don't even get you know, they don't even have video of burning buildings in Russia.
Speaker 4: So they go places.
Speaker 3: Where there aren't air defenses or there are not very many, and so they can get the video. Because this is all about just having impressions and media outlets. I mean, that's just the truth of it. They want the video footage to show that they're doing something. There is no military path, so it's not an issue that, well, this won't help the front line, because nothing will, which of course exposes the absurdity of continuing to fight a ward you can't win.
Speaker 1: No question about it. And this week after week after week, we keep coming up with the same conclusions, Daniel Davis, and we don't have the I think one of the things we learned from COVID is we need to start making our own stuff and not being so reliant on China. This is a moment of clarity for our US military because you know, the world is clamoring for our weapons and asking for patriots and wanting this, and that we don't even have enough of our own you mentioned many times on this program. We talked about it last week. We can only make six hundred patriot missiles a year. I mean, I'm sorry. The demand is much greater than the supply, and we have an obligation to our our own people to protect our people from threats abroad and domestically, and for that you need a stockpile of weapons, and apparently we don't have enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's you said, it's a moment of clarity. I would say it should be a moment of clarity, but it doesn't seem to be because I mean, what was it more than a year ago is when we expanded I gut maybe two years ago we expanded our capacity because it was five hundred missiles pier at the outset of the war. Now is up to around six hundred. But I mean, unless I miss something, I haven't seen anybody say all right, we have this emergency contract here, we're gonna triple it or something to that effect.
Speaker 4: You know, we'll go way above what it is. Now that you see how.
Speaker 3: Many interceptions it takes to sustain combat. Clearly we don't have enough. And by the way, the last credible information I've forgotten from somebody who had access to the inside of the Pentagon, it'll take about five years for us to repay replace our own stock piles. And that that number doesn't even start five years until we stop giving everything that comes off the Foundation to somebody else right now, to you know, to whether it's to Israel or the Ukraine.
Speaker 4: So we need to do something.
Speaker 3: So you say clarity, but I don't see that that clarity has turned into policy.
Speaker 1: It's okay, the European Union's gonna buy seven hundred and fifty billion dollars worth of military hardware from domestic military hardware manufacturers, thus ensuring the longevity of the military industrial complex.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, I see that, certainly from an American perspective, that's a big number. And then investing six hundred billion dollars in our energy to all this, I mean, all that is really good, but I mean you still have that bottleneck there. It matters how much you can produce and how fast. So a lot of dollars are being thrown around, but you don't have the capacity to do anything big. You just have the ability for the status quo to continue to perpetuate for the military industrial complex.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't do a whole lot for our national security.
Speaker 1: All Right, Daniel Davis, let's walk down that dangerous road and talk about Israel, Gaza and Iran. Now, obviously, you and I and I think the whole world can agree there is a massive humanitarian crisis going on Gaza. There are people literally starving, and I think one of the things I stepped in the other day was about this getting aid into Gaza, getting food to people who obviously need it. You know, the two sides every story. You got Israel, and maybe they're blamed. You got the hamas Terrists maybe preventing the aid from getting it to people. But as soon as AID shows up, it's like any group of starving people, it just turns absolutely chaotic. I know, I saw a massive crowd storming one of the AID trucks. And the UN obviously seems to me to be always seems to me to be a pointless exercise, incapable of really providing any benefit anywhere. But they can't even seem to resolve the situation. How are we going to how can we just get food in there? Yeah, that's that's the that's the central problem right now. The problem with the UN is they have no power. They can only have influence and they only try to say something. But that requires primarily Israel on the ground, because they're the only ones that actually have power over this situation. And just in a form of context for people to understand why we're in this starvation situation. Israel decided they didn't like the UN program that was feeding people Undra, it's called UH and so they shut that down and then they formed this new one, and of course they had shut it off from from March up until just very recently. Now then they have four food designation points where they can have it. That's why you see this chaos here because the entire gauze strip has to swarm, you know, torment on four points.
Speaker 4: They had four hundred before that, and so.
Speaker 3: It's a lot easier to distribute food more orderly when you have multiple places and routine food coming in. But unfortunately Israel has restricted it to four and the number of trucks is about one I'm sorry, a fifth. What is needed for just a basic sustenance airgo You have people starving to death because there's not enough food getting into the population. And look, whatever you want to say about anything policies or who's right or wrong, Israel has the.
Speaker 4: Power over the food.
Speaker 3: And right now they are not releasing, they're not opening the gates, and they're not letting the rest of the trucks get in.
Speaker 4: And we see what the result is on the ground.
Speaker 1: And I have not looked for, nor have I read an explanation for why it went for that approach. I presume on some measure Israel wants to manage the distribution of food to keep it out of the hands of Hamas and get it to the people who actually are starving. But that Hamas is quite often commandeering the food supplies. It's more food supplies, more trucks, more distribution centers. It seems to me might still be managed by Israel if they broaden the effort. But there is that threat of Hamas and that concern about Hamas taking the supplies from the people they purport to represent.
Speaker 4: Well, but the reality is you're not doing any of that.
Speaker 3: You're not preventing even the way they're doing it now, it's not preventing food and forgetting Hamas. They have no idea who's Hamas and who's just Palestinian. So by saying that's what they're trying to do, what they're doing is starving other people. You're not gonna prevent that. You can't mean the Hamas is Palestine, I mean they are part of it. So you can't distinguish where the food goes because you Israel has no control whatsoever over where that food goes in those four distribution points. Once it goes in there, they don't know where it goes, whether it's four or four hundred. So that's not an attainable objective because it can't be met. But this is just not a military solvable question. And look, at some point you're just gonna have to say, either Israel is going to literally starve everyone to death or they're going to have to open the gates. And they're coming under a lot more pressure. And I personally find that reprehensible that that's they're using starvation as a tool.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, well, and the idea of using civilian captives as a tool, I find that inanitari from a humanitarian inspective and an ethical perspective, pretty awful too. But what's the downside risk of just allowing opening the gates and allowing food in. We're not talking about military or anything like that, just letting the food in and letting it go where it may.
Speaker 3: Listen, Brian, we got to be honest and especially and I'm not talking secret stuff here. I'm talking absolute open discussion within his senior Israeli positions and on Israeli media. They want the Palestinians out. They don't want to open the gates and let the food in. That would now then remove the pressure to get them. I think it's pretty clear from evidence that what they want is to compel or coerce other regional countries, whether that's in Africa. There's been some talk there or in other Arab countries that they want them to see how bad this is and say, are we'll just alleviate the suffering, let them come here, Let you know, five hundred thousand come here or something like that, or go anywhere, because they want them out. So there are many in Israel who don't want to solve that problem because they want to keep the pressure on that could possibly get them out.
Speaker 1: And that's just the uncomfortable truth. So they wanted to part they wanted to be just big as an empty parking lot.
Speaker 3: That is what they want. They have a plan right now. It was out there just last week. There's many discussing openly the reoccupation of Gaza to Israeli people, meaning they have to first get the current occupants out.
Speaker 1: Complicated world we live in. I always love talking one with you about it, which we could solve the problems of the world. But then again, you and I wouldn't have anything to talk about every Tuesday at eight thirty, Daniel Davis, I would.
Speaker 3: Love it if we didn't have any we could talk about sports or all seasons coming up.
Speaker 4: I'd rather do that and have that problem solved.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, I have said that so many times over the years.
Speaker 4: If all the.
Speaker 1: Problems of the world solved, I wouldn't have anything to talk about. That's fine. I'll find something else to do for a living. Daniel Davis. Deeve Die find him online. You'll enjoy the podcast and the conversations he has throughout the week. And I say, we appreciate you let me on your show last week. Was a fun conversation, sir. It was a pleasure. I really enjoyed it. I'll look forward to next week, next Tuesday, my friend. It's a forty two right now, fifty five krc he Talks Station.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: I'm excited.