Speaker 1: The LA Clippers.
Speaker 2: The game is ended, gather round boys, time to recap, but.
Speaker 3: The postgame coverage is just getting started. The success is the failure.
Speaker 4: Let's discuss this is Clippers locker road, breaking down today's playoff game with the pre and post game voice of the Clippers.
Speaker 3: Here's that a moss.
Speaker 2: Leg, a disappointing end to a promising season as the Clippers lose Game seven and get blown out by the Denver Nuggets with a final score of one twenty to oneh one. Welcome into your Clippers postgame show. I'm at a Moslin coming up. We'll get to your postgame box score. We'll take your phone calls on the Patriot Am eleven fifty if you want to get on early eight seven to seven, five to two, zero eleven fifty. As this twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five LA Clippers season comes to an end, let's get back out to ball Arena with your radio voice of the Clippers in Carlo Jimenez. Before we get to the big picture of Carlo, it's just tough to figure out why the Clippers, after leading the first quarter by five, came out so flat the rest of the way. They started strong, the DJ move work. Then they brought it in Nico, Buttom, it felt like the Clippers were going to be in a battle all night, and instead they got blitzed and it was a one punched knockout for the Denver Nuggets. That happened early in that second quarter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Nuggets out him, took the eleven point lead in a halftime. They got up big in that second quarter, up by as many as fifteen, but it just for the Clippers. The thing that baffles me is this is a team out of that for the most part this season, had been so good at in second halves and they laid down I mean Denver twenty two to four run, it was seventeen to oh one point. They just couldn't find a way to get any momentum going. You've talked about that championship mentality that Denver had, and I think knowing what had happened to them last year, the Nuggets really felt motivated, not only because they were playing the Clippers in Round one, but they wanted to show people that they could hold on to a lead in Game seven. And they did that. And if you're the Clippers, like every series that goes seven, games. You just think back to so many moments in which this series could have turned. But at the end of the day, this is a group that fought, that battled, that many people didn't expect to be here. I think it's a It's a team Clipper Nation can be very proud of with the way they attacked every day getting the fifty wins, and it's just so many moments throughout the season to remember that are special. But a tough one today for a group that en them had fought so hard since March and it just ran out of gas. Maybe that was it in the third.
Speaker 2: It looked like it at times. Denver brought the fight and the Clippers just didn't have an answer. And that championship medal showed through or shined through this Denver Nuggets team when they had to have it most down to one in this series, coming through with the miraculous dunk as they did in game after giving up the lead. They were the mentally tougher squad. Credit to the Denver Nuggets. They earned this series victory, they earn a chance to move on to the second round against Okay.
Speaker 5: See yeah, And they came out and they punched hard and like you said it was just a knockout. I mean the Clippers could not recover after going down eleven at halftime, just never found an answer. And it had been a game at them where you know, Denver traditionally in this series, had won the first quarters. The Clippers had been excellent in second and fourth quarters. They were plus seventeen in second quarters in this series. They lost that second quarter by sixteen. Just an odd, odd turn of events for this Clipper team. I think Kawhi Leonard was aggressive early but just not enough for him. And then Denver eleven second chance points in that second quarter. Clippers did not have any in the second and the Clippers what they needed to do was turn defense to offense. It's been the life blood of their offense all season long. They were unable to do that this game. Credit the Nuggets. Christian Brown has his playoff career high. Aaron Gordon was excellent, he was physical, he was aggressive. Michael Porter Junior hit bag shots. Clippers did not lose to Jamal Murray, Nicola yoguch today. They lost to the rest of the Denver Nuggets, which we thought would be the area that Clippers would have the strength in. It was not the case here in game seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they weren't good enough on the margins the rule players, but the stars have to lead. And I thought Kawhi Leonard was okay in that first half. He was more than solid. But James Harden another game, unfortunately in an elimination situation where he's not going to be able to beat the allegations in this one, thirty five minutes, two of eight from the field. He did have thirteen assists, but just seven points. Your stars have to lead you. We saw the blueprint in game six and then everybody else falls in line. That didn't happen, but it is more baffling and confounding by the way this happened with Jamal Murray and Nikola Jokicic only having first fifteen points combined in the first half, they were still leading by eleven. Christian Brown, I thought, really stepped up. He started to heat up the last couple of games from the outside. He finished with twenty one points. Aaron Gordon might have been, I don't know, the second third best player in this series. He was that good for the Denver Nuggets in so many different ways, with being a glue guy but also going out and getting twenty points in a lot of these games and helping out with the scoring. So the Denver Nuggets certainly more than earned this series victory. Just disappointing that it went this way so quickly in Game seven where things got out of hand, a very devastating loss, I know right now for Clipernation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you think about this series, Adam, games one, two, and four are one possession games, and then you look up in the middle of the third quarter of Game seven and down thirty five. It's just baffling when you think about how close this has been all series long. Denver really able to get it done with the fast break points twenty four and this one they had twenty. The Avalanche just scored. So they throw a highlight up here on the big board. The Avalanche are playing in Dallas in a Game seven right now. But Denver I thought they had more focused, they had more physicality, they had more intensity. But also, Adam, they had shot making. Yeah, and for the second straight half in the game, the Clippers had four first half threes. They struggled to shoot the ball once again, thirty twenty nine percent from the three point line. The Clippers and them had been thirty three and four when they shoot thirty eight percent, and I think they got there twice in this series.
Speaker 2: Clippers unfortunately go out with a whimper in a season that you have to say they overachieved. Gained the fifty wins after the over under was thirty seven and a half. Be a shame if people only remember that final game. I would encourage those of you who can look back a little bit further to do so. With this Clippers team and how much they were able to accomplish this season, it's just a very devastating and disappointing end. But the one thing I keep coming back to Carlow when I think about this Clippers year, When I think about this organization, and we've talked about this many times, but I almost think of them as an expansion team that is just about eleven years in since Steve Balmer took over. And that's where my hope lies. Because Steve Balmer, they say when we said it, free game ownership is the biggest advantage in sports. You even see it in a game like this where he was able to charter out Clippers fans from the wall, from the swell, have them there, have them in the building, try to create a home court advantage. Steve Balmer will do anything it takes to make sure this team is competing in a winner and has a chance to keep climbing up and eventually get to the top of the mountain and win a championship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he has shown the ultimate investment in this crew been Adam. This was a Clipper team that, really, like you mentioned, was not picked on forty games. They win fifty games this season. Credit the front office for putting together an excellent trade deadline an offseason that made them a defensive team. Jeff Van Gundy was a huge acquisition. We'll see what happens with him, obviously a head coaching candidate this offseason. But the Clippers I think what they did this season at him is they set a baseline that next year, this needs to be the standard for this group. And I don't know if many people would have thought being a four seed being a playoff team or a five seed being a playoff team would be a standard. But Steve really believes and always having teams that compete and are competitive every single year. That's why he invests so much in this organization. And the Clippers did that this season. I expect them to do it again next season and continue to be a contender every year. A fun end of the year, and the Clippers just ran into a championship group.
Speaker 2: Here Mile High credit the Denver Nuggets.
Speaker 5: They were poised, they were effective, they knew their roles, and when you win a championship, you carry that throughout your career. And they kept the same four together who were able to help them in Gordon Porter, Junior Brown and Jokich and Murray. I mean, those are five guys who all won a championship with this group, and they did. They were able to come away with a first round win here in Denver.
Speaker 2: Clippers fall in Game seven, one twenty to one. Oh one. Will take a quick time out as we pause ten seconds for station identification here on Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is LA Clippers Basketball AM eleven fifty k EiV Los Angeles About.
Speaker 3: And iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: And with that, the Clipper season comes to an end. They fall by nineteen in Game seven to the Denver Nuggets. Well, this is the real tough part here. Carlo Jmenez, my friend, it's been a joy. It's been a pleasure all year long. Second year getting to work with you. Wouldn't want any other way. Appreciate your professionalism and your high level broadcasting talent that you bring to each in every Clippers game. Love you, my friend. It's been a ride, it's been a joy. Love you brother. Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: You pushed me to be great every day. Truly, truly, we have too much fun and you provide so much excellence to the broadcast, so I could appreciate you what you do for Clipper Nation every single day. It is incredible.
Speaker 3: I will see you soon.
Speaker 5: And you know what, we got another season of Clipper basketball in a couple of months.
Speaker 3: To that, I say, let's go.
Speaker 2: Well, take a quick time out after the Clipper season comes to an end of the hands of the Denver Nuggets. They lose in Game seven one twenty to one on one. I'm out of Masland and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network, the.
Speaker 3: LA Clippers and the Denver Nuggets.
Speaker 4: This is Round one playoff action on the the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: Well, the best teams have and play their best basketball when their best is required. Clippers didn't do that here in Game seven. They lose trailed big in this one by as many as thirty five in fall once twenty to one on one in a loss in game seven on the road to the Denver Nuggets. Welcome back into your post game show. I'm outa Moslins. It's one of those games where it happened during the regular season. You'd say, burn the tape, kill it with fire, turn the page, and I guess we have to to some degree. But the problem is that next chapter of the book a bit of an interlude before then, as the Clippers entered the offseason, they lose in seven games in the first round of the Denver Nuggets and lose an embarrassing unfortunately. I always say a win isn't a win, A loss isn't a loss to me either. It matters how you play, and the Clippers quite frankly, weren't close to playing well enough in this ballgame. After the first quarter. Just the second and third quarter miserable basketball. I'd say the downward trajectory and the downward spirals started with the turnovers, five of them in that second quarter, got down by fifteen, got down by eleven. By the end of the first half, the Clippers were down fifty eight to forty seven. And after a Kawhi Leonard three pointers start the third quarter, the Denver Nuggets went on a seventeen to nothing run where the Clippers didn't score a point in four minutes and thirty seconds after the start of the second quarter, where they went a little over four minutes without a field goal. They gain have their offense failed them to even punch back and make a run and make it interesting. Then ur Nuggets out execute them in every which way. It is a really difficult way to go out this season. I know many of you are disappointed, as you should be. Clippers win fifty games, a way over achieve in the regular season and came back to earth in this playoff series, but a series that felt very winnable, and the Clippers led two games to one, and I didn't like the sense of urgency in that Game four. I didn't. You knew it then. I didn't like what happened after Game one, blowing a fifteen point lead, and I thought it would come back, or could come back to bite them. It did in this game. They lost those second quarter minutes without Jokic to start by seven, And I said, the same thing that could come back to bite you. You gotta win those minutes. You're up by five heading into the second how do you not increase the lead without yolks on the floor. He and Jamal Murray only had fifteen points in the first half and the Clippers were down eleven. Just head scratching. Game seven, where the Clippers didn't show up outside the first twelve minutes. They lose one twenty to one on one morning postgame box score coming up next. We'll also take your phone calls on the Patriot Ame eleven fifty eight seven seven five two zero eleven fifty eight seven seven five two zero eleven fifty Appreciate you guys in the chat, some super chats coming in. Hate to see the season end like this. Try to find some positives. But we'll also go through what happened in this game seven, because pretty inexcusable way to play. I'm Meta Masland and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: Clippers and the Denver Nuggets. This is Round one playoff action on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: Nuggets wiped the floor with the Clippers in Game seven. Let's call it what it is. They led by as many as thirty five. They win one twenty to one on one. They win the series. They advanced to take on the OKC Thunder in the second round. Clippers weren't good enough in any facet of the game. They ended up shooting. I don't even know if I should look at this final box score. You know what the box score I'll look at end of the third quarter, because inconsequential time started early for this Clippers team, unfortunately, aka garbage time. They were down ninety three to sixty six heading into the fourth and they had only shot forty one percent from the field. There were five of twenty from the outside. Denver was at fifty two percent from the field and ten of twenty two from three. The Clippers had eleven turnovers, leading to eleven points. Felt worse than that. So they had I think four turnovers in the third quarter after being five in the second quarter. But I mean Norman Powle dribbled a ball off his foot at one point. It was just an unraveling, a complete disaster, a disaster class. The Denver Nuggets earned it. The Clippers could not match their physicality or their intensity. They were down by as many as twenty nine through the first three quarters before things got even more out of hand, down by thirty five in the fourth, but yeah, it was over heading into that fourth quarter, that magical Clippers run was not coming. And heading into the fourth Kawhi had twenty two okay. I thought Kawhi played by far the best on the team six of thirteen, two against twenty two points. Thought he showed up. But James Harden heading into the fourth quarter with the Clippers down ninety three to sixty six, down twenty seven, he had just seven points on two of eight shooting. He had thirteen assists, just two turnovers, but two of eight not good enough. I'm only taking eight shots. Norman Powell was four of ten. Miserable game from Norm Featza Zubats was okay eight of thirteen. He did have a couple of bad turnovers, but I felt like he was fighting DJ. I mean, he had seven points in the first quarter, twelve after three. But you have two stretches where you go in the second quarter over four minutes scoreless or without a field goal, and then in the third quarter, after a three pointer from Kawhi, they go on a seventeen to oher run and the game is over. Where was the fight? They're only down eleven at that it's not insurmountable. The Nuggets. We're up twenty against Minnesota in Game seven last season and lost, and Kawhi it's a three to bring it to within eight and they go on a seventeen oh run game over. How do you not answer? How do you not respond? Clippers? Just I don't know. We'll hear from a postgame. It just felt like they got overwhelmed by the moment, by the pressure, by the shot making from Denver. They fall in Game seven one twenty to one oh one. Their season ends, and the Denver Nuggets move on to take on the Oklahoma City Thunder in the second round starting Monday night. Before we get out of here, I should get some thank yous out on the network side, Big thank you to the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Brian Seman, Noah Ego, Carlo Jimenez. We had Chris Taylor, a statistician all year long. We had Joey Kimball, big brother, Jake Warner, our head engineer, Daniel West, our producer. After Katie Newton moved on to Greener Pastors, but then return for Game seven tonight. Thanks for your help, Katie, appreciate everybody. We're not going anywhere on the Patriot AM eleven fifty, but outside of LA we will talk to you guys next season.
Speaker 4: And with that, just like that, another Clipper playoff broadcast is ending, Jay Hoarding Chudging. This has been Clippers Locker Road a postgame. Look, it's today's game, every game, all postseason.
Speaker 3: Thank you for.
Speaker 4: Joining us, for all the action on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 4: This peace Clippers talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to play off basketball Clippers news happens.
Speaker 3: Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here. He is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame at follow Adam a Adam Ousley.
Speaker 2: That's how it feels right now. Clipper Nation season is over comes to an end with a one twenty to one on one loss to the Denver Nuggets in Game seven. Congratulations to Denver. They advanced to the second round. They showed championship heart, metal and a spirit the Clippers didn't have in Game seven. They didn't have the requisite competitive spirit and they got blown off the court after the first twelve minutes. Welcome to Clipperstock. Final edition of this season. Streak will end for me tonight. I'll stick with you guys on the YouTube side and we'll go late into the evening if people are calling in and want to talk about this year, want to talk about moving forward, but first I do want to reflect on this game, unfortunately, because to lose like that, to come out that flat after starting the game as well as they did, it's so deflating and demoralizing to lose a game seven this way. You're up twenty six to twenty one heading into the second quarter. I mean, the DJ move paid dividends early on Dereck Jones Jr. Had a quick seven points, had a big block on Murray. I agreed with the move. I didn't see it coming from coach Lou but it made a lot of sense to me. Why because this season they had a plus twenty two net rating with DJ in the starting lineup, with Norm, with Kawhi, Harden and Zoo in one hundred and ninety three minutes this season, they were plus ninety five, and that group got off to a quick start. They were up six to Ozho and then as Denver battled back, you still had the BA two moved to go to and he came into the game and hit a three pointer right away. And the Clippers surprisingly actually went the last two minutes and forty one seconds without Kawhi on the floor, with Jokic on the floor, who started oh five, and they won those minutes, they extended the lead. They went plus six and those non Kawhi, but Yo Kid's out there minutes to end the first quarter and they're up by five at twenty six twenty one. All systems go right wrong. Norm Kawhi, Bogey Bitumen, don start the second Pal misses, Jamal Murray, missus Bogey, missus, Aaron Gordon a wild layup. He might have been the MVP of this series for the Denver Nuggets. To be honest with you, No more's on Yokic's plate, but Aaron Gordon was just spectacular all series long done. Misses a layup, Watson gets one, Clippers only up by one. Now Denver's playing his own, Yoki is still on the bench and they're bleeding points. Done. Missus a three foul on Bogie. Clippers weren't getting a great whistle Predictably, early on. It's not why they lost the game when Kawhi had that block on Aaron god after Harden came back into the ballgame at the nine to fifty seven mark, because Clippers were getting ambushed and Russ hit a three pointer and they just went on a seven to zero run without Yo Kitchen on the floor. I said, oh no, you can't lose those minutes. That's gonna bite you in the ass. Clippers are now down twenty eight to twenty six. Bogie misses a three, Yo Kicch and Zoo were back in. They matched the minutes. But there was a wild play early on after Russell Westbrook was fouled. Wins. The line went one of two. Kawhi gets doubled, gives it up to Zoo. He's spinning in the paint. Russ gets a piece of it turnover. Aaron Gordon misses the layup. But Harden has a bad turnover as he's looking for Kawhi in a long outlet pass up the floor, and I don't know how he didn't see Russell Westbrook, who intercepted it got it to Aaron Gordon, huge dunk. It's thirty one to twenty eight. Denver and they have all the momentum. And the Clippers starred the second quarter over six, then scored a field goal in over four minutes. A Zoo bucket at the seven to fifty nine mark would end that drought, but then jokishit a three pointer. They challenging out of bounds call it was out on Norm Watson hits a three out of a timeout. The Clippers are down seven, Kawhi three the other way. I thought Kawhi wasn't great, but he definitely showed up. Then MPJ misses a three Zoo rebound but throws it to Jokich. It's their sixth turnover already. Denver gets a bucket on a Christian Brown easy one. Clippers down six again I and one the other way, three point game. Russ three down six, Zoo floater down four. Clippers are hanging in there. Hardin would hit a three point and to make it forty four to forty one, but then Kawhi missed a good look at a floater after a blowby on Aaron Gordon. Russ missed a three, but there was a foul on Kawhi on Aaron Gordon for the rebound. He had his hand on his hip. I guessed I Kawhi was getting some interesting calls on him. Aaron Gordon hit both. They're up by five. Norm hit a jumper, and I thought, okay, we're gonna be all right. Norm found his sea legs after a slow start. They're only down by three. But remember yo kitchen, Murray hadn't done anything, and they're still down. Murray's first bucket after starting erver four put the Clippers down by five, and that happened mid way through or late into the second. Harden then misses a three, falls down to try to draw the contact. Aaron Gordon comes up with a board, gets it to Russ on a runout. Norm fouls him. This was a backbreaker. Norm misses the second after making the first free throw, gets his own rebound. It was a lane violation, but they rarely ever call it. He has a putback. He entered the lane early, doesn't matter, they didn't call it. He got his own board hardened, didn't box out fifty one forty three. DJ misses a three pointer after coming in for Norm, who picked up his third foul, and that foul on Russell Westbrook foul on Kawhi again battling with Aaron Gordon. Now the Clippers are down by ten. They eventually air down fifty eight to forty seven at the half. Clippers had five turnovers in the second quarter and they went four minutes scoreless to start it and minus seven in the non Jokic minutes. Oh oh, by the way, that was the first second quarter they had lost in this series. That's not good. They were plus seventeen and second quarters at the half. Denver had eleven second chance points, the Clippers just four. They had fourteen fast break points. The Clippers turnovers seven I believed, were turned into seven points by Denver at the half, and they only had fifteen points from Jokic and Jamal Murray at the halfway point and they're still up by eleven. That's not good. Thanks to ten points from Russ, eleven from Christian Brown, ten from Aaron Gordon. Efficiently with all those guys, how are you down eleven? With Jokic only having nine points on three of nine shooting and Jamal Murray is two of seven with six points. Peyton Watson had seven at the half. He went three of three. Clippers bench had seven points of the half. Peyton Watson had seven. By himself. Kahi had fourteen points in the first half. I was somewhat okay with his play. He wasn't great, he wasn't amazing, but he was out playing their stars. But James Harden was two of six, just seven points. He did have ten assists to two turnovers. He did have ten of their fourteen assists in the first half. Fair to say, pretty big warning sign that you're down eleven and Jokiic and Jamal Murray have done nothing. But down eleven is nothing for this Clippers team. And Kawhi hit a three pointer to start the third. It's fifty eight to fifty perfect, exactly what you wanted. But then Jokic hit a shot and he got his jumper going, and that was the missing ingredient from him throughout a lot of this series. He wasn't making or taking many jump shots or May three's here comes the seventeen oh run. Those were the first two points. Jumper over Zoo, well contested, doesn't matter. Kawhi misses a three. Now Christian Brown three pointer, They're up thirteen. It was their largest lead to that point, I believe. But two misses a three Gordon reverse dunk down fifteen hardened well short on a floater MPG MPJ three over Kawhi norm with a turnover. Murray misses but put back by Aaron Gordon. They're just snatching the Clipper's soule at this point. Miss is a scoop layup Michael Porter Junior three. It's seventy three to fifty fifteen Oh Denver run time out, Zoom misses, Aaron Gordon gets a bucket out of the timeout. Clippers are down twenty five. A seventeen oh run where the Clippers went about four minutes and thirty seconds without a point from down eleven, from down eight at the very start of the third quarter. After that, Kawhi three to down twenty five. That quickly, how do you not respond? How do you not find some points?
Speaker 6: That is?
Speaker 2: That is a tough one. It happened in less than five minutes from down eight to down twenty five. Game was pretty much over. Then they got out by as many as thirty five. The Clippers didn't have the fight that it was going to take to battle back. They couldn't get stops on one end, they couldn't make shawts on the other. They look like deer in the headlights at times some of the players and Denver overwhelmed them. One of my biggest concerns coming into this series was the championship pedigree and there guys being more clutch over the last five years. I said it like Jamal and Jolkich have been in so many big games, have performed at such a high level. They've been in the most game sevens I think over the last five years. They didn't win all of them. But last season they blew a twenty point lead, so you knew they were gonna be ready. Clippers looked like the team that was more tired and older squad they are, but Denver played heavier minutes heading into Game seven, older guys. Jokis has played like eighteen more minutes than Kawhi. Heading into Game seven, Jamal Murray had played twenty two minutes more than him. They both have played more than James Harden, even with him playing forty seven minutes in a game, Aaron Gordon had played more minutes. This is why to me, this series might have been lost earlier, not pushing things in Game one and playing your stars larger minutes, where Kawhi after overtime was only at forty one when in an overtime game the week before to stay out of the playing against Golden State, he played forty seven Why is he only playing forty one minutes in a playoff game? Where's the sense of urgency? You lose that game in overtime when you're up fifteen in the second half. In Game one, you don't play your guys heavy minutes. I kept saying right after that game, if they lose this series, I'm gonna be thinking about this one. Well they did, and I'm thinking about it. I don't understand that it's the playoffs push your stars further. Denver did, and their stars still look pressure in Game seven. You can't give away teams. I can't give away games. I should say to teams like this. I said it after Game one. I don't know if you can get give away a game to Denver and go on to win the series and get away with it. It wasn't Dallas and twenty twenty one, it wasn't Utah. Denver's different. They're not gonna beat themselves as much as you going to have to outplay them. They have a ton of heart and championship toughness. And even though I felt like the Clippers more talented team in this series. Well, Denver's role players played better, Russ played well, he got his revenge. Christian Brown. The last three games played really well. Then the Clippers get Game two off the brilliance of Kawhi Leonard. They blow them out in game three. Game four came out completely flat, zero sense of urgency, so you got no sense of urgency to push your stars with more minutes. In game one, you're playing the long game. Okay, it didn't work. And then in game four they come out very little purpose. Kawhy is a turnover the opening possession. I'm just like, wow, they look stuck in mud. They look like they think they're up three games to one instead of two games to one. In that Game four, that's what it looked like to me. I told you that. Afterwards, they make a comeback after having to be down twenty two in the fourth you led with a minute and a half left and Aaron Gordon gets the miraculous miss put back off the Jokic three, first ever game winning dunk in a playoff game. Well, that didn't feel good. Instead of being up three to one, it's two to two series, that's the swing game all the numbers, say winner of game five or winner of game four. Excuse me, you know, getting it back to two to two instead of three to one. That makes all the difference in the world. And then you lose game five, or if you lose Game five, you lose the series, like eighty two percent of the time or eighty four percent of the time. They lost Game five to a forty three spot from Jamal Murray. Clippers battled and look great in games, but ultimately just got dismantled and dissected in game seven. It was a very winnable series. Frustrated with the lack of sense of urgency by the Clippers at times instead of putting foot to throat. I think Game four was very winnable. I think Game one was very winnable. I didn't think you could give away one game and win this series. They gave away two. You can make that argument. You can starting things off tonight, Jose and long Beach. You're on Clippers top with out a mazen.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: There's this thing about radio folks and how they like to listen to themselves talk. I actually don't so, Jose. If you could turn down the radio or whatever, you got the YouTube side, so I could just hear you, Jose.
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Wes Brook came through. Man, we had him last year.
Speaker 2: Remember, oh I remember he didn't come through for us. He went eight of forty two the last five games of that playoff series.
Speaker 10: Yeah. I know. So I'm disappointed that what happened today. You gotta wait another year for them to get to get better. But we have a good team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and who knows who's going to be back from this team. I mean James Harden as a player option. I don't know who's coming back. I don't know what the team's gonna look like. We got a whole offseason, you're right, huh Yeah, so we're gonna be off for a whole season.
Speaker 10: And I wish we could have made it to the other round. But we did it. It was a really disappointed game, yep, from starting because we was up by six points at the first quarter. Yeah, we're doing good. Beginning, We're doing good, and then it just went off falls. But I still have the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Joe Cibernation, I'm with you, Jose, keep the faith. Appreciate the phone call, Quick time out will come back. More of your phone calls We're with you till eight thirty. Here on the Patriot AM eleven fifty eight seven seven five two zero eleven fifty is the phone number if you'd like to get on Madame Oislin. After the Clippers season comes to an end, as Denver just went buzz saw through them in Game seven, led by as many as thirty five, Clippers lost one twenty two one oh one more. Clippers off next here on the Patriot AM eleven fifty.
Speaker 3: The LA Clippers and the Denver Nuggets.
Speaker 4: This is Round one playoff action on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: Denver's championship intangibles smothered the Clippers and by the time we were five minutes into the third quarter, it was just a slow death. Clippers got down by as many as thirty five. They lose one twenty to one on one in Game seven to the Denver Nuggets. Welcome back into your post game show, Clipper Stock. I'm at a Maslin final show the season as the Clippers says, come to an end. Barry in Ohio. Barry, you're on Clipper Stock without a Maaslin. Barry, what's up?
Speaker 8: Mmm? Not in the best move right now, but I want to start by saying we had a great regular season. We weren't supposed to be in this position to begin with. Good guys got us here. I just am really disappointed. I feel like this series was a very winnable series, yep, and we lost to hustle and grit and in my opinion, leadership and mental toughness.
Speaker 2: But I agree with you. I agree with you on all those points. It's hard to reckon style and celebrate what an accomplishment this season was winning fifty games when they said they'd win thirty seven. At least Vegas had the over under at thirty seven and a half. When things just the bottom falls out on you in Game seven. To this degree, it's just because they set a new standard. No were they supposed to be here, but they got here. And once you get in this series against a team that you can definitely beat, and you come up short like this and you don't come through at all in the biggest game of your season, that's what a lot of people are gonna remember.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And the biggest thing. If there's one basketball aspect where I think we really lost this series, it's rebounding. It took us I mean even up until Game seven We're still struggling with offensive rebounds and boxing.
Speaker 2: Out in yep, Aaron Gordon killed.
Speaker 8: Unacceptable, that's just unacceptable. Ball watching, not not guarding cuts, you know what. I knew it was bad. It was like we were on offense actually earning our buckets and they were playing transition offense and guys weren't getting back and they were getting easy cuts, wide open threes, And I'm like, when's the effort? Like we were at top five defense this whole year. We didn't look like a top five defense in this series.
Speaker 2: Once Denver look they did at times, they did at times they really did, Like look at some of the scores in this series. But the problem was, whenever Denver really clicked in, it felt like they just ran away with it. They could go on runs and the Clippers just had no answers. It happened in game five, It happens tonight, it happens in Game one when they battle back down fifteen. The Clippers had too many scoring droughts. It's just Denver had the grit, as you mentioned, the toughness, you.
Speaker 8: Know what was eye opening as well too. When things get tight, we really don't have anything to go to, like watching the Nuggets. They'll just get into their pick and roll and they they they'll get a good shot. When we play offenses, either here James Harden try to beat the man in front of you and get a bucket, and if he doesn't do that, you know, that's a lot easier to guard. They'll just collapse on that and then we're just playing on a corner three or one of our shooters that hit. We don't really have some type of bread and butter. But maybe I'm maybe I just watch the game a little different. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think there's something to that. I felt like at times they didn't go to the pick and roll enough with Harden and Zoo, but they also threw a zone at them a lot in this series to try to negate that It worked and the Clippers didn't have many counters afterwards.
Speaker 8: But anything else, Berry, one last thing, I just want to I know things are bad now, but we got the best owner in the in the league, and we're gonna win eventually some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you. Thank you for the phone call. Thank you for the phone calls all season long. Berry, appreciate you, man.
Speaker 8: I appreciate the streak as well, you've been killing it there. Thank you, Thanks bro.
Speaker 2: I put my hope in Steve Balmer. If ownership is the biggest advantage in sports and it is disast Sacramento Kings, then you have a chance because of Steve Balmer, and he's driven and passionate and wants to bring this team a championship. It just it's frustrating. That's six years of this era with Kawhi and form Kawhi PG has left us with a lot of disappointment. It is frustrating that the Clippers were healthy. We got them healthy in a series. We got to the series with Kawhi healthy and he was good coming into Game seven. He was the leading scorer in this series. Kawhi was very good in this series and he was by far their best player today and showed up for the most part. But the promise and the dangling carrot was just if we can only get Kawhi healthy for a playoff series. This is the first time that Kawhi has exited a playoff series on the court in front of fans a loser since twenty sixteen, first time outside of the bubble at least that he's been able to exit a series healthy on the losing end since twenty sixteen. It just makes it all that much more disappointing. The entire talking point that we have had for years is just get us a healthy Kawhi. And I'm not putting this series on Kawhi.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 2: I think he was a top two player in the series. Very good. Maybe not great enough, but very good. But you got Russ Christian Brown role players for the Denver Nuggets out playing some of the Clippers guys that can't happen A Tief in Irvine, A Tief you're on Clipper staff for that, malson what's up a Tief any autumn.
Speaker 1: I just want to say thank you to you first now for holding it down for the entire Clipper nation. It's like the amount of I guess, like the overwhelming feeling of disappointment is like definitely, you know, permeating through my veins right now. But I just wanted to give you a shout out and all the Beat writers who like you know, continue to inform all of us about what's going on with the team. I think what you just said really is the most frustrating thing about tonight's loss is like we we've been holding onto this dream of if Kawhi can just make it healthy, then with the combination of tie and giving him a one A in Harden, you know that that would be enough. And I don't know, it's just it's really frustrating that, like you said, we squandered opportunities earlier in the series to be able to actually capitalize take a lead and then you could afford to have a night off in their home and still win the series. And the fact that we gave them games and then put it all into a game seven basket. It just honestly, like as a longtime Clipper fan, I didn't have a good feeling coming into it, and then it's just like rubbing me the wrong way that the next series, like Shay is sitting there, you know, and I think that that should have been our guy, and the fact that we we traded him away for the promise of the immediate possible chip that I would bring us and then all we got was a bunch of injuries. Like I don't know, man, I'm just I'm really hurt, I guess right now, like as the Glipper fans is really hurting. But I just wanted to say thank you to you man like really like one of the few positives is just all like the guys who like righte about the team, talk about the team like yourself.
Speaker 2: And I just want to say thank you to man, Thanks Satief. I appreciate the thoughts and I understand the frustrations after this game because it's true. Uh, this could be a hold my beer like situation. You think it's bad now, Well, if SGA and the Thunder go on to win the championship this season, do you want to talk about salt and the wound. Yeah, it's just there is no bottom to the pain in this moment, after the way they just lost that Game seven, after losing a series that was very winnable, after having guys healthy, and I'm not going to say that they lost it more than Denver won it, but there were times in this year I definitely felt like that after this Game seven. I don't think you can say that it was never just demolished them, but this is a tough pill to swallow. Kevin in Arkansas, Ah, he dropped right then. Matt in Seattle, Matt, you're on Clipper socker without Amazen.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 8: Aim?
Speaker 2: Well, you know Clipper season's over. That's pretty much what we're talking about here. What's up with you?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 11: This is so frustrating, bro, Like.
Speaker 12: All I asked for for like four years was just a healthy Kawhi under Taylou and any results in a first round lost like, oh man, I don't know, and the fact that we had what Kawhiz and Tide we're a part of that twenty twenty lost, that Game seven loss. They just felt like there was no no energy, no no frustration, like.
Speaker 8: I, oh, no, dogs, they didn't bring it.
Speaker 2: They didn't show up. I thought Kawhi played well, not great, but he at least showed up. He played hard even when they were getting io.
Speaker 12: Kwi played good, not great in the entire series. He played great in Game two. He had the great first half today, but there was some myth hues there. He just no boxing down ag some bad files.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 12: Then I loved though he's an league coach, but at the end of the day, he's a doct Rivers disciple. I think I do when I'm gone. I doubt that happens this offseason.
Speaker 2: He just signed an extension. I just don't know. I know, like there are things to put on coach louin this series, I think that's fair. I didn't like the lack of minutes for Stars in Game one when they were up by fifteen. I thought you should go for the kill and have a sense of urgency. I didn't like what I saw with how flat they were to start Game four, that turnover that James Harden had to end the first quarter. They got Jokics going with that three point to end that first quarter in Game four, I feel like it's a big turning point, not just in that game, but in this series. And then the personnel that's on the floor at the end of Game four, Yeah, you came back down twenty two. They would have stolen the game away, and you could say they really didn't deserve that game, but the fact is they were there. You got to optimize lineups, you gotta have guys out there to get that board, you gotta have the right guys out there to defend, and they weren't. Like that's fair to put on coach Lou. And if you want to say he's part of the reason they came out so flat, I don't know. Some of these guys just it is a players league, so there's plenty of blame to go around, I'll put it like that.
Speaker 12: What do you think, Matt, Yeah, I mean I know he hadn't prepared, but just the sound that there were so many miscommunication areas in this in the game seven.
Speaker 2: Well, and I gotta say this, everybody always gives Jeff fan gunn to you all the credit when they're good defensively, so if they're not, I guess people are gonna put that on Coach Lou. That's not fair.
Speaker 12: No, yeah, no, I'm not saying that's on Coach Lou, like just to say I'm frustrated as the players at that, Yeah, like having that many community communication areas in a game seven like and just not not boxing out like like I know, I know Russ that that was a pure lane violation, but he still gotta you gotta box out James, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's on him. I mean there was a miss Q early in the first half where who was looking at one another they gave up an easy jumper. Was a Viza Zubos and somebody else. It might have been Jamal Murray's first shot. Like they just gave up a good look. Nobody knew who they were guarding. It was brutal. I think it might've been a Brown three pointer.
Speaker 12: Yeah, on the on the right wing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, so we're on the same page. Yeah, like that stuff can't happen in game seven's left a guy wide open, Like there's wide open because you're rotating and you're switching. This wasn't even that they just fell asleep.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I think right after that there was like a simple like slip and the age you gotta wide open layup. After that, it was like three straight communication areas in the second half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, anything else, Matt? Have you called in before? I like you. I like your phone call.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think I did. And I knocked out the other night and I was just.
Speaker 11: Still on the phone.
Speaker 13: Remember that.
Speaker 2: Did I put you back on holder? I never, I never got I never fired you up.
Speaker 12: Well, I was just you tried like sawing my name.
Speaker 2: I think I was like, oh, I'm sorry for putting you to sleep. It was it was late, It was late. That was that was a late show. Well, I'm glad we got to you this time. Don't be a stranger. If reduce some off season episodes, Matt, appreciate it, my.
Speaker 12: Friend, I do, I do appreciate you. This is the first place I go to after every winter lost. I just go straight to this two channel. It does it does comfort me a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I was there for. I wish I'd started up a few years earlier. But Matt, appreciate you. We'll still be there for you all off season. Any breaking news, anything big going on. We'll be doing episodes on Clippers stock on the YouTube side, So subscribe, like and let's take a ten second time out right here on a five seventy ah on the Patriot Amel M.
Speaker 4: Fifty This is La Clippers Basketball, AM eleven fifty k e IV Los Angeles, about.
Speaker 3: And iHeartRadio station?
Speaker 2: Do you even like bro smash it smash the like? Breton Warren in Maryland? Warren, how are you doing? Hey?
Speaker 6: Not very good man, you know, Adam, thank thanks for putting the show together. I think you know, we need we kind of need to let it out tonight.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a beg. You gotta do some blood letting, whatever it takes.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I think the positive we can kind of take from this is that we finally got to see what it looks like right like with everybody healthy what the vision is, and I think the reality is that we're just not good enough, you know. And it's you know, it's sad to say because I love the squat this year, you know, like I love the defensive tenacy that we gave.
Speaker 3: Uh you know, let me you.
Speaker 2: Are they not talented enough or are they not mentally tough enough.
Speaker 6: I don't think we're talented enough, Like I mean, like when we're relying on our two stars Harden and Kawhi and you know, and we all know hardened capabilities in the playoffs is very limited, and I think now we're just kind of coming down on wal Kawhi is like I'll go to and if our role players are not hitting their their open shots, then yeah, I mean, I definitely don't think I mean, it's probably a little bit of both, uh, you know, but but it's hard to like kind of believe that we're not mentally tough when we got Hall of Fame guys and vets that have been in the league for a while, and.
Speaker 2: Well, they're not as mentally tough as Denver. I think that's confirmed. I think that's definitive after what I just saw tonight. They're not Denver has in factor, in intangibles, and they rise and they meet the moment, and the Clippers didn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think so. I mean, like, you know, personnel wise, I mean, we got Vets who's supposed to beat those guys.
Speaker 2: But I'm still here, are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah. I just I just don't think we got it. I think it's time to start looking at the future and and start planning because I this whole retooling thing, I just don't think it's gonna work.
Speaker 2: Well. I don't know if there's a doctor strange like infinite possibilities or whatever. I don't want to go too far into the off season because there are too many variables. But I do know Steve Bomer doesn't want full rebuild years. He wants to be competitive all the time. We shall see what direction they go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but are we, like as fans, like mediocrity?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 6: Is that what we're okay with?
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, I feel like, how do you define mediocrity? How would you put it? You think fifty wins? Is that like losing the first round?
Speaker 6: Good enough to make the playoffs but getting bounced in the first round.
Speaker 2: The problem is like they don't have They're still missing some draft picks coming up, and acting like a rebuild without draft picks is a better option. I don't know if that's accurate.
Speaker 6: Well, I feel like we can get draft picks back if we can trade away out pieces. Right, Like, we got a lot of solid role players that other teams will want. And I think Kawhi's contract is just tradable too.
Speaker 2: Right, He's got two years left. He played thirty seven games in the regular season. He did come out of this season healthy. That is a positive. Some team might make that move, but we're talking like one hundred million dollars still left on that contract. I don't know. Yeah, I don't think you're not getting like three first round picks or anything. Maybe one first round pick and one decent young player.
Speaker 6: I feel like we could probably get two solid first round picks for Kawhi. I mean, he still got it. It's just you know, we can utilize him here.
Speaker 2: I don't he played thirty seven games this year. I don't know if you're getting more than one first round pick. I luka, donc has just got one first round pick. Okay, that's an outlier, but it's we'll see. Warren. I appreciate the phone call. We'll have episodes during this summer. We'll talk off season Clippers. We'll talk about, you know, whether it's a retool or rebuild or what direction they're gonna go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, that sounds good. Hey, thanks, thanks Adam, keep up.
Speaker 8: The good work.
Speaker 2: Appreciation, Warren. We'll take a quick time out. We'll come back. Clippers lose Game seven and they got stomped. We're down by as many as thirty five. They lose one twenty to one on one. Their season comes to an end in a fashion. I don't know if anybody would have predicted that. I did say pregame, you know this is gonna go one up. Three ways Nuggets win close, Clippers win close, or the Nuggets win big. I never saw a scenario where the Clippers could win this game big. Unfortunately I did see one for the Nuggets, and that was a possibility and it happened. What's the Jeff Goldbloom line in Jurassic Park. I'd hype being right all the time. More Clippers Stalk next here on the Patriot AMLM fifty.
Speaker 3: This is the La Clippers Audio Network, Best fans in best arena in the entire sport. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app back to Clippers playoff basketball.
Speaker 2: Clippers lose one twenty to one on one in Game seven and go out with a whimper in this twenty twenty four twenty twenty five Clipper season. It's unfortunate because there were so many highs this season to end on just the ultimate low. It's tough. It's really disappointing. I understand the backlash and everybody, you know, this is the time for Sky's falling Radio. I guess if you're ever gonna have those moments, and typically I think people overreact both ways during the season, but now is a time where you can let it out and I'll be understanding to it. Because they got run over, they got trucked in Game seven, and outside of Kawhi, nobody showed up. That is really disheartening. Let's hear from Kevin in Arkansas. Kevin, what's up your on clipperstoft without a Mawsen I.
Speaker 9: Was that would have had him. Man Man, I'm just I'm feeling real bad about Tyron lou Man. I think he cost us a series.
Speaker 2: Tell me exactly how he costed them the series.
Speaker 9: I think after game one. He's seen that the Nuggets was playing off Chris Dawn and that was hipping them out. Senses they couldn't defend us if you start betune to have four suitors out there, with Harden running the pick and roll and with Big.
Speaker 2: Zoo Dab Look, Kevin, it's a fair point. This is all a part of my sense of urgency theme and the lack of sense of urgency in this lack of sense of urgency in this series. The fact that it took till the second half of game six to start n Eco. He was there the entire time, and I think that's fair criticism too. He was hiding in playing sight. I thought he was gonna go to him in game five to start. He still didn't start tonight. I don't mind the DJ move. I actually think that was a good move. But tomb still started the second half. But why did it take so long between that, not playing your stars more minutes in game one when they're up five to fifteen and going for the kill and then four and the lack of urgency to start, and then the lack of urgency with lineups in closing with guys that can rebound and defend. I think those are all fair criticisms of coach lou in this series. I don't think he had a good series. I gotta be honest.
Speaker 9: Me neither. And I think we was a better team five games in this series. And if you the better team five games in this series, you supposed to win the series. And I think he didn't have enough sense of urgency to play between him with the shoe. We're not losing nothing defensive and we gained him more offensive. The Nuggets is the Nuggets is a bad defensive team. I feel like we left them off the hook defensive. I think we could have at text them more with between them and the starting lineup. Agree with you if you're gonna wait, if you're gonna wait the game six to pull Chris down, they tell you that you knew that Game two, Game three, Game four, in game five, I feel like we could have won this series in six games at and den one more team. I think he should have put those defensive guys in to end the uh, to end the position game four or who would have been up through to one in this sies, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta have the right personnel out there for that for that one possession, you have to have the right personnel.
Speaker 9: Why not have the right person I.
Speaker 2: Agree his logic was guys had been sitting and had been cold, like Nico or Ben Simmons and some of your bigger, taller guys, and so he didn't want to put him back in for one possession, and those other guys played good defense up until that point to get to come back down twenty two. But I completely agree that it is what did I say afterwards, It's the same thing as late in the game when you sub guys in that are taller because it's a rebounding situation on a free throw attempt. It's the same thing. To me, that is a personnel issue. That is putting the best guys out there to defend or to get a board for one possession, to get it into overtime to be successful.
Speaker 9: I feel like he didn't put I feel like he didn't put our guys in position to be successful this year because Kawhi Leonard was the best player in this series. He was the most consistent guy in this series.
Speaker 2: And he almost I almost would say Aaron Gordon might be that guy.
Speaker 9: Honestly, well, he's not carrying the offense like Kawhi and the joker.
Speaker 2: And that's true, that's true. But he was very consistent.
Speaker 9: He was he was the most consistent role player in this series. I agree with you on that.
Speaker 2: He starting his role to a level that the Clippers had nobody to match him.
Speaker 9: With, nobottery. And yes, I agree with you. We agree, And Kevin, I don't. I don't feel like James Harden is a guy that we can win with. I think he's he's at best a number third option. Well like, if he's your taken option, you can't win the championship with James Harden. Is they guy?
Speaker 2: I get the criticism. He did not show up in this game seven unfortunately, Kevin. I appreciate the phone calls, some really good points.
Speaker 8: All right, all right, appreciate you, Adam.
Speaker 2: Quick time out, come back. More of your phone calls eight seven seven five to two zero eleven fifty eight seven seven five two zero eleven fifty programming note, we'll be with you on the YouTube side at Clippers Talk, go in late Clippers Talk after dark. I can get to more of your phone calls then, but Clipper Chris, Joshua, Zachary, Jose, Sean Marco, hold on, we'll get to you next rapid fire, Ugh difficult way to end the year.
Speaker 4: The LA Clippers and the Denver Nuggets. This is Round one playoff action on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: Clippers lose in Game seven and get run off the floor one twenty to one. O one was the final in favor of the Denver Nuggets. Welcome back in It's Clippers Talk, final episode of the season. As we hit the off season early, unfortunately, a lot of disappointment, a lot of discourage Clippers fans out there. We'll try to get to all your phone calls. We'll have clip after dark, even after we go off the air on the Patriot Ame eleven fifty. We can still have it for you if you're watching on the YouTube side at Clipper Stock Joshua and Long Beach Joshua. You're on clipper Stock with Outama's and What's Up?
Speaker 14: Was a good big Adam Man from the LBC man call him right by the Poly High School. Peyton Watson, man crazy.
Speaker 2: Peyton Watson played well, he bowled out.
Speaker 14: Yes he did, Yes he did. I wish I could say the same for most of the team.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 14: It's just very unfortunate for a great, great season. Man, This is one of the best seasons just as a Clipper fan I've experienced since the year we went to the Western Conference finals. Man, a lot of ups, some downs, but overall great season. I hate how we went out. Definitely could have closed better in a couple of these games. Man, gave them game one up fifteen. Gotta come away with that game four. Man, we gotta have some extensive people and man, Betoon Derrick Zones Junior. You know what I'm saying, have done out there. We can't have hard and Bogey out there. I understand that got us there, but dude, we get we gotta get that rebound. We gotta be able to switch everything.
Speaker 2: It's situational basketball. Situational basketball. Because here's the thing, and I brought this up also, what if Jokis doesn't try that heave in that way? What if they actually ran some actions gotta switch on to Harden or Norm or Bogie and just got an easy bucket that way? It would have looked even worse from a personnel standpoint. But that option was out there because of the way the Clippers, you know, position their five guys on that one play. There's there's no excuse to me for not having the right guys in in that moment to get one stop to get it into overtime.
Speaker 14: Jokis is the best player in the world. He bailed us out. He could make that shot. Remember last season he had an incredible shot like that against the Warriors. But we we have to have better people in, you know, a better defensive lineup, best balls on Tie. I've been kind of flip flopping on ty these past couple of years, especially with all the Marcus Moore's stuff and PJ. Tucker is starting last Year's just just very unserious. I was a big fan of Tie after you know, we let go of Doc after the bubble, and then that that very next season he coast us into a Western Conference finals. During that whole playoff run, he was making changes, taking Pat Bev out the lineup because Luca was cooking him. You know, it's certain DeMarcus Cousins at certain points. Where's that Tye been these last couple of years. Man, he could have put us in way better positions to win. I understand we had injuries, you can account for that.
Speaker 2: But not not necessaries. They didn't have injuries in this series, and he could have gone to he could have gone to patoomb earlier. I asked lot Murray about this yesterday. I asked a Lot Murray about it yesterday when he came on, I said, why did it take so long? He says, because he didn't want to give David Adalman the ability to see that look and then Denver gets a chance to adjust to it. But to me, I think you got to have more of a sense of urgency. I think when it's a two to two series, after what happened in Game four, that's the point where I'm definitely going to Nico to start and play in thirty five minutes.
Speaker 10: I agree.
Speaker 14: Well, caller just said, what are we losing when Niko on that lineup? Yes, got like adjustments is going to happen. Period. We're playing professor from a basketball you got to adjust to adjustments. This guy just got, you know, hired, you know, a couple games before the playoffs. Come on, Ty, you can't out coach him, Like, what are you talking about? You worried about, you know, adjustments. I'm just I don't know. I think it should be big changes coming, you know this this season. I love Kawhi. It's been six years. I'm glad he finally is able to finish a postseason healthy, you know, And I don't know. Maybe I know he played thirty seven games, but maybe you know, a desperate team is willing to take a gamble on that. Let hard and walk. Thank you Harden by the way it's been in this amazing series. You know, maybe he just wants to go elsewhere. Maybe he wants to come back. I don't know, but either way, I mean, if one on running back, I guess it's probably going to be the same result. But who knows that Kawhi is going to be healthy.
Speaker 2: Like this again, Joshua, I understand. I got to guess more phone calls though, but I'm with you, that's going to be a big conversation this offseason about Kawhi Leonard about I don't think anyone's untouchball on this team. Let's got to Clipper Chris in La Clipper Chris, you got thirty seconds. What do you want to say?
Speaker 8: Okay, Adam.
Speaker 7: One thing that bothers me, you know, this game and you know, doing the season, all that is when we start shooting threes and we're not hitting them, we should just go away from that and you know, work for two point shots. And then the other thing is he to beat a dead horse. But that third game that we had to red played in Denver that really killed us for the season. And as far as Clipper Nation and wondering about Tyrone Lou, it's like, you know, who are we going to get to replace him? Yes, exactly the Cavaliers back in twenty sixteen against the Golden State Warriors down three games to one.
Speaker 1: He was the one that coached him to that championship.
Speaker 2: Yes, we know, and I appreciate it. But it is a good point, Chris, like you want to replace him with somebody like who? Like you gotta find a better option. I like coach Lou. He just got paid. I think he has some blind spots like everybody. I think he could have made some better decisions in this series. But like, I don't think he's going anywhere. Guys, uh, I think he's one of the best coaches in the NBA. He didn't have a great series. Zachary and Santa Monica. Zachary, what's up here on Clipperstock? Zachary Jose and Downy Jose? What's up here on Clipperstock?
Speaker 11: Adam hey Man, great job, brother. Let me start with that great job. It's been a couple of years that I've been calling you keep it up, man, and a little bit of everything that you guess I said, you guys are all right. I agree with you. Nobody should be untouchable. I for the first time, I don't know if I want to say that about Zoo because I like the everything he showed this year. Would really like to feature her, feature him even more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe that's really.
Speaker 11: Somebody who I would love to Hey, let's hold off unless something.
Speaker 2: Zoom might be the one guy that's untouchable. Zoo might be the one guy that you definitely hold on to right right.
Speaker 11: And you know, I think you've noticed. I mean, I won't go too hard into it, but I think you noticed before in the last two years. I'm not the highest on Kawhi, but I did appreciate that he played all year, and you have him at probably the highest value that you have had him in a long time. I hope they do. You know, Hey, again, a deal comes up, you go for it. And and like you said, I don't think you're getting all these multiple first round picks. I don't really think so. But is there a trade out there that maybe you get an expired contract and you can at least get maybe a start in that way. But yeah, were you free up here?
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. They got so many money, so much money that's going to be freed up anyways, seventy million after next season. They're on track to have like one hundred and twenty the season after that. I don't think that's necessarily as appealing as actually finding some real young talent. That's what I think would be of interest to them, or draft capital. Sean and Angel would Sean, you're on Clipper stap without them all quickly.
Speaker 15: Sean, Hey, Adam, you know you talked about not putting a big in to get the rebound the first game of the year, Hard and mister free throw. There was not a second big in the game. And Tyleru as I've been saying before, and I didn't call the bad Malcolm, but he just loved small ball and he always gambles.
Speaker 13: Small will win against big. But you do need that rebound, you know. And so you brought up a good point about the end of that game.
Speaker 2: Where Zoo was on the floor at the end of game four.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but you needed Zoo was sticking.
Speaker 2: Uh, he was yes, I understand anything else, anybody under the bucket, Sean, anything else?
Speaker 13: Well, I'm well, yeah, I'm just tired of reliving in twenty nineteen. I'll tell you that twenty twenty. So it's just it's disappointing. I didn't call the bad amount the Clippers or you did good as far as you went, and uh, you know, let's let's get a power for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Sean. Appreciate the phone call. Marco in Detroit.
Speaker 16: Marco, how you doing, Adam? What's going on?
Speaker 10: Adam?
Speaker 2: I'm hanging in there. How about you?
Speaker 16: I'm cool. Look, I'm in a fan before the two one three era. Sorry, I'm of horse. I was a fan before Kawai and Paul came. So I've been through the heartbreak before those two. And I was saying, man, we've been going through his for since twenty nineteen. These problems. We can't blame Doc, we can't blame Paul, George, can't blame Trees.
Speaker 2: Well, who are you gonna blame for them winning thirteen more games than people thought they were going to to start the season.
Speaker 16: I get that were overachieved, but man, this team just didn't have any fight.
Speaker 9: He just didn't.
Speaker 2: I can't argue with you today. I didn't like what I saw out there. Marco. I appreciate the phone call, but I'm up against it, my friend. I appreciate you calling in from Detroit, and I'm guessing your voice is hoarse because it was one of those games.
Speaker 8: My god, Oh Marco.
Speaker 2: Someday, someday, keep the faith hang in there. Someday it will be rewarded again. Steve Balmer is the hope before we get out of here. Final audition. On the radio side this season, I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Steve Balmer, Gillian Zucker, Brian Seaman, Ralph Lawler, Noah Ego, Carlo Jimenez on the call, Big Brother, Jake Warner, our head engineer, Chris Taylor, Joey Kimball, Katie Newton, Daniel West, Zach o'caldy. I appreciate the chat, the callers, the listeners, everybody. Don't go anywhere. Just subscribe on the YouTube side at Clippers Talk where to keep this going. Maybe for a couple of hours, we'll see. I'm out of Osland one more time. Keep the faith, keep the faith, Clipper Nation, please please keep it I'm right there with you. The sun will rise again. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 4: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single playoff edition a postseason.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive, and.
Speaker 4: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 8: Clippers Talk Maybe