Speaker 1: You all know how I feel about the current leadership of the Colorado Republican Party, so I'm excited about the prospect of not having that leadership in place after March and joining me now is a happy warrior who has thrown her name officially into the ring to be the next chairman of the GOP. Britta Horn is on the horn as they say, Hi, Britta, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Hello Miss Mandy. I'm doing great. How are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing fantastic. And you know, Britta, you I said it earlier on the show. Whenever I see you, you have a smile on your face. You're You're an upbeat, optimistic person. Why in the world would you want to take on this situation right now?
Speaker 2: Well, because I need we need to unite the party. I mean, right We've got to talk about the things that are important to me, which are relationships and resources and responsibility, and it's about the future and delivering results in twenty twenty six that we're going to start on day one.
Speaker 1: So right now, the party has some significant issues. And I'm not pointing fingers in anyone, but here are the issues as I see them. Number one, to your point, the current party leadership seems to want to run people out of the Colorado Republican Party right at a moment when people are moving towards the Republican Party across the country. So if you become chair of the Colorado GOP, first of all, what do you do to woo back disaffected Republicans frankly like me? And what do you do to convince Independence that they need to join the party in Colorado?
Speaker 2: Well, exactly, you're absolutely right. We got to get the independence back. We have to get the Republicans back. I mean, right now, we know that only twenty two point seven to six percent of voters are active, inactive or pre registered as Republicans and the unaffiliated. It's just like you said, forty nine point seven percent are unaffiliated. Sometime this year, Mandy, we're going to the unaffiliates are going to be bigger than both the Democrats and the Republicans combined in Colorado.
Speaker 3: So how do you fix it? What do you do? What's the outreach look like? What's the message?
Speaker 2: Okay, so the message is definitely I have, like you know, all these things that I could have a background in and fundraising and grassroots and building relationships. I have this huge, long history, and I know you know this about my successful organizing of volunteers and having putting my heart in and my soul to help elect Republicans. I know we can get all these We have all these different groups out there. Everybody's doing their own thing, everybody's in their silo. We're still all conservative in nature, but we're doing everything in silo and not good at putting it together. So with maybe I go back to that happy warrior, you know, getting everybody to come in and be a part of the fold. And those are the majority of the people. So we'll snuff out the negative nancies and get work done. We've got to rep you know, elect Republicans.
Speaker 1: Well, to your point about happy warriors, I think this is one of the things that people sort of overlook about. By Ronald Reagan is so revered by so many people, not just because we had a booming economy and really asserted ourselves on the world stage under Ronald Reagan, but he himself. You wanted to be a part of whatever movement he was a part of because he was a happy warrior. He was upbeat and optimistic and shining beacon on a hill. I mean he had all of these things, and I love that about you, but I wonder if you're going to be able to convince the people who are entrenched in the party you have been actively working to get other people out of the party, to put down their arms and become happy warriors instead of angry people that people don't want to be around.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the reason how it's gonna happen is leadership, and we're not seeing that leadership. They wanted us trying to follow that north star, that beacon. I love all that. And Ronald Reagan was the first person I ever voted for us, and as I turned eighteen, and at the time in Chicago where I grew up, I was a Democrat, I thought my parents would kill me. So thank you for that for Ronald Reagan. But the thing is they're looking for leadership, though, and this leadership is just firing down, fying down, getting smaller and smaller by the minute. Because I'm every day Mandy. Every day people are coming up to me, people who have been Republicans for generations. I've been around here since nineteen eighty nine, and they're saying, we're thinking of going independent because we don't want to be any part of this anymore, which is only going to make that group bigger. They're my independence. We have to keep them. So leadership and something positive and working towards the greater good. There's something about that. Did we not see that? Whatever it was, shut up and then we voted for Trump? How hand over fist did we were able to do that?
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with you on that, but here's my concern. I'm concerned that the current leadership will somehow maintain control. So what is the way to get more optimistic and upbeat people like you elected?
Speaker 3: What needs to happen?
Speaker 1: What are Republicans who are out there listening right now who say, you know what, I like Britain's attitude, maybe I'd like to vote for What is that process?
Speaker 3: And how can they get involved?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's definitely getting involved into their county and going to their reorganizational meeting in February. So the first three Saturdays in February, it's the first of the fifteens. It all happened one weeknights two in some of the smaller counties, and you have to go in and you have to be a bonus member. You have to be able to be either be the chair, the vice the secretary. There's three votes right there, and the rest of the votes are come from the bonus members based on the number of population of your county. So small counties like Summit and Route Well only have three, but bigger counties, you know, even bolder, you know, has eight bonus members. And you have to be involved. You can't just be on the sideline. If you really want to make this happen, You've got to put your time in and put your effort in and saying we want to make this change. And we're having a people every day saying we want to join, we want to join. What do we need to do? And it's going to your county parties, finding out when they are and going and making sure your voice is heard.
Speaker 1: I think Britta Horne, who wants to be the next chairman of the GOP, that's who I'm speaking with. I think there's a lot of opportunities right now in Colorado where the Republican Party could make really good arguments that the path we're headed on and the policies that have been adopted have been disastrous. I mean the Colorado that I moved to, wait how many years ago? Now I don't even know is not the Colorado that we're living in now. So, as the party chair, what issues do you think would be winning issues for the Republican Party in Colorado?
Speaker 2: Well, then let's major in the majors that we could all agree on. Obviously, rule of law. We all want rule of law yet and that could be a pleasor of things. Rule of law. We're following the rules and being good citizens. The second one is cost of living. We could call it economic, but we're everybody's having a tough time even finding eggs. I mean, how are we going to make sure we have you know, cost of living is taking care of And third, I think it's now education the you know what I said, the sorry, the curtain has been pulled back and said that somebody's trying to call me. I apologize. And we're finding out what's really going on in the public schools that I never had when I was in a public school. We never saw that in Illinois, and I don't know about you, they have totally changed. So we really need major in the majors and then where we define our differences. To stay in your corner and we'll figure out where to go and make sure we're getting the right constituents, having the right the candidates to run in their area to win as a Republican.
Speaker 3: Well, Bretta, I'm rooting for you. Like I said before.
Speaker 1: If there's anybody else that's running, I'm going to give them airtime as well, because I just want I just want good leadership for the Colorado Republican Party because the state is going to continue to move in the wrong direction when you look at the agenda items that the Democrats have already put forth, more gun control, easier union force, unionization. I mean, there are things that are going to make Colorado an even worse business environment that is going to continue to chip away our gun rights.
Speaker 3: I mean, things are not going well.
Speaker 1: We have to have not just a functioning Republican party, but a robust Republican party.
Speaker 3: And I want someone like you.
Speaker 1: I believe that you can do it, and I hope that the Republicans choose wisely in this go round.
Speaker 3: Britta Horn. I appreciate you coming on the show today.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for your time. I appreciate it all right.
Speaker 1: Hopefully, hopefully we'll talk to you after and I'll be able to say Chairman Britta Horn, we'll see
Speaker 3: All right, Brenda, thank you,