Speaker 1: John and I and First Warning Weather forecast tells us today is going to be a high on twenty three with mostly sunny skies. Overnight low nine clouds rolled back in. We get snow lucky tomorrow after ten am, anywhere between two and five inches depending on where you are. Twenty eight degrees for the high, slick roads overnight dropping down to twenty degrees Friday and on Saturday, partly cloudish. Guys in a high thirty It's five degrees right now. It's get an update on traffic.
Speaker 2: From the UCUT Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: You see health Weight Loss Center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced surts of co expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 2: That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three.
Speaker 3: There is an accident or a report of a new wreck northbound seventy five before you get to Ezer Charles, So I'm not seen slow traffic out of downtown yet. Southbound seventy five slows out of Lockland. So does inbound seventy four between col rain of the seventy five Ram Chu Kingbram Month fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRCIT de Talk Station.
Speaker 1: There's another website for you, Buckeye Blueprint dot com. It's Americans for Prosperity. Donovan and Neil returns for another county year and another happy New Year. It's good to have you back on the fifty five Caressey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Donald Brian's great to be back with you.
Speaker 1: Love what I'm reading in the Buckeye Blueprint, my friend. Let's start off with economic freedom. We're just kind of a middle and middle of the pack kind of state. When it comes to the rest of the stage. We do need to have some taxation reform, but it apparently it transcends that and something that Congressman Thomas Massey just brought up the other day, the Rains Act.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we've got we've got a good track record, Brian. I don't want to. I don't want to, you know, shortstyle the work that's been done over the last couple of decades. But what we're really challenging folks to do, and that's at the heart of our Buckeye Blueprint, is take some of the big bold leaps forward. So when it comes to taxes, we're on the right trajectory, but more to be done. RAINS though, is really exciting. How familiar are you, Brian, with the Rains Act and what that's all about.
Speaker 1: Well, as Congress from Massi explained to it, if any regulation done by the regulatory administrative state that exists behind the scenes are and behind the scenes are unelected officials has a financial impact beyond a certain threshold, then the legislative branch must actually approve the regulation and the action.
Speaker 2: Correct. This is a big This is a big leap, Brian, because usually when we talk about regulatory reform, we're talking about like clearing out the dust and cobwebs, how much it's going to cost, or how much PaperWorks involved in complying with the regulatory rules and rule makers. What RAINS does, though, is really exciting, is that actually requires the regulators, right the deep state, to go in and actually explain how much it's going to cost economically. So if they put these rules into place, you think about what the EPA does to energy production, right, So what's the economic impact of these rules that they're putting into place? And it really upends the ways we think about regulatory regulations and puts the onus on the regulators, not the businesses, to make their argument for why the benefits of the regulation outweigh the economic burdening costs. It's impactful, it's big, and it has a multi generational impact on how we undo the big government.
Speaker 1: With that question. And then once they make their argument justifying the regulation and explaining how much it's going to cost the taxpayers, then the legislator, the elected officials has to actually approve it. They have to pass it into law and say Okay, that's the hurdle that they'll never overcome. And that's why we need the reins Act in place. And there's anything I can do or my listeners can do to help you accomplish that goal. We need to know what that information is because everyone should get on board with this one.
Speaker 2: Well one hundred percent. It exists in four states right now nationally. We plan to bring it to a lot more. In Ohio is a big priority. We can get this done in Ohio. We'll have some action items for your listeners in the coming weeks for sure.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. Well, we will continue. We're gonna bring Donovan Neil back because we've only hit one facet of again. It's Buckeye Blueprint. You can find it online Buckeye blueprint dot org and check all the info out. We're going to talk more about this in just a moment. I must mention QC kinetics because you know, you don't want to live with pains. You know, if you've been dealing with steroids and you've been dealing with pain medication. You know, the hip pay, knee pain, joint pain. And remember my dad's struggling through that and he of course ultimately went under the knife. I wish he had QC kinetics around the time because maybe they could have provided him relief. You don't have to go to surgery as an option. Tens of thousands of people with this continuing pain discovered these advanced cellular treatments. What QC kinetics does, and it's in an in office procedure. They concentrate your body's natural healing properties and place those concentrated properties at the point of pain. The future of medicine advanced ortho biologic treatments a QC Kinetics the nation's leader in regenera of medicine and joint preservation. They're here and sensing now, and it's a free consultation, so why not talk to them about it? It's what's the worst thing can happen? Right it say it's not gonna work. Hey, QC knex is right there, make an appoyment. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC. There are two types of pain in the world.
Speaker 1: The sunny sky's down to nine degrees overnight, more clouds roll in. We have snow tomorrow. They say about about ten or ten am, getting between two and maybe five inches twenty eighth to high overnight low at twenty and on Saturday it'll be dry going up to thirty degrees, partly cloudy six degrees right now, traffic times, you.
Speaker 2: See how Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: You see how weight Loss Center offers comprehensive obcity care and advanced SERTs. A co expertise called five P one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine grade nine twenty two sixty three. There's an accident or a report of a new wreck northbound seventy five before you get to Ezer Charles, So I'm not seen slow traffic out of downtown yet. Southbound seventy five slows out of Blackland. So does in Bound seventy four between col Rain of the seventy five rant Chuck King Ramont fifty five, krc the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven forty.
Speaker 1: If you give up KRCD talk station, check it out for yourself, detail by detail, Buckeye Blueprint dot Com with the Americans for Prosperities rolling out for the count of your twenty twenty five. And we can only pray that all of the items in this list couet accomplished before we move away from the broader topic economic freedom, which of course includes passing the Rains Act reducing personal income tax down to zero. How are the elected officials in Ohio going to deal with less money? Do we have a spending problem here on Ohio?
Speaker 2: Dave, We do? I mean, that's the that's the problem. We don't have a I've said before, we don't have a revenue generation problem. We've got a spending problem in Washington and Columbus despite you know, multiple years, since two thousand, twenty twenty eleven. Since twenty eleven, Brian Republicans have had a red what they call a Red state trifecta the House, the Senate, and the governor's office held by Republicans, typically the Conservative Party. Yet in that period of time, we've seen our budget grow by billions, yea billions, Brian we We. I think we've got an opportunity here to stop the spending spree, prioritize necessary services that the government can provide right with our roads, police, fire, education, by empowering families, and stop the spending spree that's been going on in Columbus. It's what the voters asked for this past November.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I always joke about Columbus. It's like hurting cats. You think, as you point out, well, having the House, the Senate, and the governor all Republican, that this would be just sort of logical and reasonable. They would grab onto these proposals and run with them. But they're just people. Call them rhanas Republicans a name only. I think Republican Party has moved away from It's one of its core principles, and that's fiscal responsibility. They want to buy stuff and things to get there get re elected, just like Democrats were always a blame for doing. Now everybody's doing it. That's why they call it the uniparty.
Speaker 2: Now, well, I mean, that's that's that's the crazy thing, right is, once you find folks are in the minority, and once they get into the majority right where they control the levers of power, some of those corrupting forces find their way in. We're all human at the end of the day, despite our party affiliations, right, and so that's our job, that's the work our activists do do, right, right, that's right. Keep these folks on us. We remind them of the principles that they campaigned on during election year, and we hold them accountable to following through all those promises when the time comes to legend.
Speaker 1: It just pains me to see that the public pension is so underfunded. I mean, you'd think that they'd be at least responsible enough to take care of people who are counting on the Ohio Public Pension for their retirement only seventy six percent of assets, to fulfill the promises that are made to these people. And that's a simple question of accountability and responsibility to the election those that are the elected officials and the constituents who are going to be relying on that down the road. How about energy and innovation? What can we deal do to improve the energy situation here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this is an area where we're going to see a quarter turn, if you will. Since the house Bold six scandal, there hasn't been a lot of energy policy movement. And the energy policy that has moved, and I've been on your show to talk about it several times. Last year has really at a core been Cronius programs. Right. It's having great payers Ohio and subsidize energy utility companies and these energy efficiency schemes that they cook up. In Columba. We're going to work to turn the page. There's a number of folks coming together. We've got to study at the Great Buckeye Institute. I know you've probably had Great Loss and Ray Hetterman on your show for I've been. They've been working up and we're going to provide a primer to lawmakers. There's a over I think forty new legislators, freshman legislators coming into Columbus this year, so it's a huge opportunity to educate them on what the free market principles for energy policy can be. And at the core of it, it's abundance, right, we just need to produce. We also be able to produce more energy to solve our problems, not subsidize things like wind and solar favorite industries, right, and that's what we're going to be. That's what we're being driving forward, is creating a free market approach to energy policy here in the Buckeye State.
Speaker 1: I like that idea. Now moving forward to something I'm always in favor of is providing families the opportunity for school choice and getting them out of underperforming schools where they're not even learning their basic skills but sitting in doctrination camp in classes.
Speaker 2: That's right. We have to remain ever vigilant here. Forecasts are into the good thing. Right to the fiscal stewardship piece, the budget's going to be a lot tighter than it was two years ago. The federal money isn't flowing like it was post COVID, and they're going to have to get a little tighter with the budget now. The challenge there is making sure that the gains we made two years ago expanding the EDE Choice Scholarship program to empower families, making sure that program continues to be funded, as well as addressing some of the challenges parents and private schools encountered in working with the Department of educational workforce to get access to those funds, and so I think there's some opportunities to make some tweaks to streamline. We want to make these things, this program easy to access, so when that parent sees their kids report card and says, gosh, there's got to be a better way, they can easily move their kid quickly to the school that's going to best meet that child's needs, and that's good for everybody.
Speaker 1: I guess the thing that always comes to mind when we talk about this, you know, general concept, it sounds wonderful, but then logistically speaking, if you know, everybody wants to go to that one high performing, demonstrably better school, how can that school absorb the additional children There seems going to be there's obviously going to be some finite limits to the flexibility that people are going to be going.
Speaker 2: To have well. And that's one of the areas that we've been talking with legislators that we think they need to help address, is what are the identifying what the regulatory barriers are or the capacity barriers are, and making sure that we've created an environment in state government through the rules and regulations that govern in the schools to enable these schools that are doing really good work and are achieving extraordinary outcomes for students, to make sure they have the ability to rapidly and quickly scale up and grow to be able to provide that service to as many students in the area as possible. It's certainly a challenge, it's certainly a problem, but we think we can get there if we, you know, just get the regulations right, get the government's intervention out of the way, and make these schools to able to grow and expand and serve the student population that needs it well.
Speaker 1: And you know, honestly, as I contemplate this even further, how is it that this one school district over here ends up, you know, high on the list, you know, excellent college admission raids, superior testing scores and all of that, and the one, you know, five miles down the road is at the bottom of the pack. Kids can't even pass basic mathematic tests or reading tests in eighth grade. What's the difference between those? Is it the curriculum, is it the teachers, or I always like to point out, maybe it's the family life, where we have parents that just don't give a damn one way or another, don't ensure that their children are doing the work, showing up on time, attending class.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean.
Speaker 1: Just there's just some mystery out there as to why some schools do really well and others do not.
Speaker 2: Well. Honestly, actually, bright, I think that's the I think we need to move past looking at those at that and we really need to be a thinking about how do we unlock opportunity for every student. My niece brief story. My niece had struggled through with her education in a lot of places, public schools and private school She eventually got into a school that was able to help address her needs. She had some learning disabilities, and now she's flourishing. She's vibrant, she's happy, she's engaged. She's getting a's. Not because they lowered the standards, but because she was put into a situation where the school was able to educate her.
Speaker 1: One sized point is one size doesn't fit all, right. One form of education does not help all forms of children, right, And.
Speaker 2: So all the schools she went through were greade schools. They were fine, right, average, above average, But for Anna, it wasn't enough. And so I think what's important is that it's important to understand these testing scores and graduation rates and achievements. But what's more important is what do we do to empower the parent to put the kid where that where they are going to flourish. Where the kid is going to flourish. That's the ultimate measure from our perspective on success in the education, when the kid flourishes.
Speaker 1: All right, ed, that well explained, and that certainly does provide me with us so the more than satisfactory explanation as to any given situation, which you always do a great job of, Donovan Neil, Americans for Prosperity. You can check the whole Buckeye Blueprint right there at Buckeye Blueprint dot com. Donovan, I know you're gonna be on down the road the program to give my listeners some advice and information on how they can help out Americans for Prosperity achieve these goals on behalf of all Ohioans. Any insight into how that's gonna happen, or we're just gonna hold that for another day.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna have a lot of opportunities regressive programs coming up. We want folks to be at the State House with US Committee hearings. We need your testimony, and so go to Buckeye blueprint dot com, sign up for action alerts on the website, and just stay tuned. We'll keep you posted on ways to get involved as things get fired up in Columbus.
Speaker 1: Bookmarked website, folks and sign up Buckeye Blueprint dot com. Donovan and nail to our next conversation. Thanks for everything you're doing on behalf of all o'hiolands, and I'll look forward to having you on the program regularly throughout the year. Looking forward to it, Brian, take care brother, Happy New Year, seven forty nine fifty five krc DE talk station. You know, medical imaging can be really, really outrageously expensive. Go to the hospital imaging department. You don't have to go there. Your doctor's going to order an MRISCT scan and echo cartogram, ultrasound, a long screen, or cardiac scoring at some point in your life. I think we all get one eventually. I've had multiple of these images in my life, and I got my CT scan at affordable imaging services where it would only cost six hundred dollars contrast CT scan. What did my doctors say about that? Well, I got the bad news and my cancer come back. But it wasn't anything about the imaging. No, and the radiologist report was fine, just the exact same thing that she would have gotten from the hospital imaging department. Like, it's only six hundred bucks go if I'd gone to the hospital, probably five thousand dollars now it's low overheaded affordable imaging. I had no denying that. But they have the exact same equipment. Medical professions have been doing this for decades. You get great images, you get the board certified radiotis report included in the low price for this image, and you don't have that massive out of pocket responsibility. Hey it's a new calendar, or what is your out of pocket liability before the UH insurance actually kicks in? And if the insurance kicks in, are you still going to be responsible for some form of copay? My suggestion is ask the imaging department or somebody at the hospital what the total bill is going to be and what the how much the insurance you've got is going to pay for it, and then go, holy cow, you mean I'm gonna have to shell out three grand? And then say no, I'm gonna go to affordable imaging services where I can get that CT scan with a contrast for six hundred dollars low pricing across the board and can get all the pricing and information. Just go to Affordable Medimaging dot com. You do have a choice. You can go where you want Affordable Medimaging dot com five one three, seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight.
Speaker 2: Thousand, fifty five KRC insurance sold by Smart Bunny Insurance