Speaker 1: It's nice eyes with Dan Ray, I'm telling you Boston's news radio hour.
Speaker 2: Ever four were coming up here on a very chilly Tuesday night. It seemed like only yesterday temperatures are in the seventies. Now, all of a sudden, what do they call it, the Montreal Express came blowing in from Canada. It's actually coming in from Western Canada. So I hope you're all buttoned up in warm and nice and toasty warm and not outside. Okay. We talked tonight about four interesting guests in the first hour, talking about scams with Paula Fleming from the Boston Better Business Bureau, talked with a fellow named Paul Martino about creating harmony in your home. He actually says he can figure it out. And talked with doctor Matthew Chalmers about Christmas movies, why some of us love them and some of us hate them. And then talk with doctor d Salim He's of Tufts Medically, he's a cardiologist, and talked about the Physician Pathway Act that was in the eighth During the nine we talked about the problem of mass and casts and the drug use and the violence maybe being dispersed to the Boston common area. We had a guesst Rishi Schutklop of the Downtown Boston Neighborhood Association. And then last time we talked with Ken Smaller a Brookline. He's a writer and a photographer and his specialty is visiting and photographing stadiums and arenas around the country, which is very interesting avocation. He has visited some get the I think the number was just an absolutely crazy number of stadium or stadiums or stadiums around the around the world. Twenty four countries, forty eight states. Just interesting. Interesting guy. I wish more of you had had stadium stories, but that's not my problem. That's your problem, because you could have talked about your first trip to a major league ballpark or to a football stadium or whatever. Again, as you probably know, I like to talk politics and I like to talk sports. Those are my two wheelhouse topics. So we'll talk a little politics now. Last night we did touch upon the pardon for Hunter Biden, and tonight I have some reaction from the typical reaction as you would expect. This is a cut from Rachel Maddow of MSNBC, and my question to you is, do you expect Rachel Maddow to be outraged that Hunter Biden has been pardoned by his dad, or do you think she will be supportive of it? Okay, you've major. Here's the sound bite. Cut number one. Rachel Matnow predictable.
Speaker 3: It is true that President Biden had said he wouldn't pardon his son, and it may or may not be related. But would it change your mind at all if after you made a pledge like that, the incoming next president the announced that he planned to remove the director of the FBI and install in his place someone who has literally published a hit list of people he wants to go after once Trump is back in power.
Speaker 2: So the question is why stop with Hunter? I mean, if that's what the president is concerned about. Ironically, by receiving a pardon, one of the problems about receiving a pardon is you lose your Fifth Amendment rights because once you have received the pardon, you are no longer in jeopardy. The pardon that President Biden gave to his son covers January first of twenty fourteen, that's almost eleven years ago to December one of twenty twenty four that is two days ago. So basically, for anything that Hunter Biden did on a FED it could be charges of federal crime, and of course he had been convicted on a gun charges and on tax evasion charges. He is immune from ever being charged with that again or anything relating to federal statutes during that near eleven year period. But the downside is he could be called in front of a congressional committee and he could be asked questions, and he doesn't have the right to invoke the Fifth Amendment because he has no criminal liability during that period of time, assuming they're asking questions. So that raises the question of should President Biden and his legal team be smart enough to consider pardoning other members of the administration the Biden administration. A former Watergate prosecutor. I have never heard of this person before. Her name is Jill Wine. Middle name is Wine, like drinking wine Banks, and she kind of addresses that issue. Rob This is cut number five. Please.
Speaker 4: I am relieved and thrilled that he did it. I think this was one of those cases that called out for clemency. Hunter Biden, first of all, would not have ever been prosecuted for the gun crime but for his last name. Second of all, he was addicted and that was a cause of his actions. He has now been sober for many years, and this is a time when it is really appropriate for a grant of clemency. I hope that President Biden will also issue preemptive pardons to all of those people threatened by the unjustice of what will become the Department of Justice in the Trump administration.
Speaker 5: That of course includes.
Speaker 4: Jack Smith and all of his staff, many Department of Justice lawyers. It includes President Biden himself.
Speaker 2: Good, President Biden, is you a pardon for himself? What about other members of the Biden family. Now that is a statement from obviously a very unbiased prosecutor. I say that with tongue planted, squirrely in cheek. Clearly she was thrilled. That's her word. She's thrilled that Biden pardoned his son. Okay, let's get a perspective. This is Jonathan Turley. He is a legal expert, professor of law at George Washington University, and I think a pretty solid guy. He happens to also be a Fox commentator. This is cut number four.
Speaker 6: The pardon question came up repeatedly, and both he and the White House were adamant that they weren't considering and would not give a pardon. And as in twenty twenty when he lied about his knowledge about the business dealings of his son, he was running for election, running for re election in twenty twenty four when he lied about his intentions on pardoning his son. Now, this is the language of this pardon is virtually on virtually on precedented. I mean you really Nixon was very, very broad, but we've never seen anything like this. He's literally pardoning his son for any crime that he may have committed during these years, everything from money laundering the murder. Now, he could obviously be charged with state offenses, but the statue limitations of largely run on those offenses. So it's a really breathtaking act of contempt for the American people. And it has happened over and over again.
Speaker 2: So there's conflicting points of view. The former Watergate prosecutor who's thrilled with the pardon, Jonathan Turley, is appalled by the pardon, and I'd love to know what you think. And the other question that I have is who else should Joe Biden pardon because if he does really want to be totally prophylactic and protect first of all, Donald Trump has not set foot in the White House yet. Well, he's set foot, but he has not been president yet. He met with Joe Biden, very friendly conversation. Do you think that that Trump is going to come in and try to put in jail every Democrat that he can find. I don't think so. I don't think he's going to waste his time doing that. And if he, if he tries to use lawfare against the Democrats, I will be as critical of the law fair that was attempted in some cases to be used against him. Law fair has no place in our political system. He should he should focus and concentrate on the policies that he wants to impose and whatever he wants to change. In terms of the military status of the country, our preparedness, whether or not we should have as many military bases covered around the world. He has to worry about things like the federal debt, which is now up over thirty six trillion dollars I think at last count. But what's a few bill and billion dollars between friends? So yeah, there's there's monumental issues that Donald Trump has to deal with. I don't think he's going to deal with a lot of those So my question to you, my audience, is your reaction to the to the pardon of Hunter Biden. Was Joe Biden lying to us back in June? I think he was. I think that he knew that when he said there's no way he's going to pardon his son, he knew he was not telling the American people the truth. Now, again, circumstances change over time. But I said last night, and I'll say again, that he should have been much more cautious about what he said, and he should have said, look, this is a situation that I'm not going to contemplate until after the election. That's he at that point when he was first asked that question. So just going to open it up. Who else should Joe Biden pardon? I don't think this is the end of it. I think that the president, if he has competent legal counsel, is going to be told that there are others members of his family. There's been suggestions that one of his brothers might have been somehow involved. I don't know the extent to which any of that is true, but it would seem to me that if he's looking to protect his son from a Justice department run by a Trump appointee, you exercise the same diligence and caution to other members of his family. In my opinion, I have no idea what the interpersonal relationship is between Joe Biden and Donald Trump. I assume it's not particularly good. Certainly would seem uh. And once Donald Trump steps into the White House and Joe Biden steps out of the White House for good, Joe Biden's presidential powers cease immediately as soon as Donald Trump puts his hand on the Bible and swears the oath of office. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Feel free to join the conversation. Also, I don't know if any of you still use the triple eight number. Triple eight nine two nine, ten thirty. We're talking pardons and feel free. Some of you weren't able to get in last night. Just give you an opportunity. Open up these phone lines. We'll be right back on night Side. This is a quick break, so we'll call quickly. Coming back on knights Side.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios, WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Or let's go to the call. Six one seven, two five four ten thirty. Those lines are full six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Both of those lines are open. Let me start it off with Archie in Sagus. Archie, you were first tonight.
Speaker 7: On Hi the.
Speaker 2: Yep, go right ahead.
Speaker 5: He did the right kind of a right thing, even though I don't support it. Biden did the right thing by it because you don't want another.
Speaker 8: Shore.
Speaker 5: But Bien, uh, you know it's going to take a long time and on their tack face experenses, what is that?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm trying to follow you. So let me let me stick let me stick with it here. Okay, yeah, he you you agree that the president did the right thing, but tell me why you feel he did that.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 5: Personally, I don't think he did the right thing, but I agree with the decision because that we are going to have another a big kind of a legal battle on a taxpayers expenses for years, same as they did to the Trump.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're saying that by pardoning his son, that's going to save the taxpayer's money. That was his motivation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's all what I'm done with, and so we don't have to worry about it and call it a day. You know, sometimes you were not lose, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, let me ask you this. A lot of people, there's a lot of people in this country who end up in jail for for relatively minor crimes, including oftentimes young people who may not have the privilege of having your dad the president of the United States. Does this, in your mind prove that we have a two tier system of justice.
Speaker 5: Sometimes there's an exception because he's the president and he's in a high rank.
Speaker 8: To do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's assume that Donald Trump's one of Donald Trump's children got into a similar problem. Donald Trump or one of you know, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Junior, or one of the other you know, Trump children. Would you feel the same way if Trump Donald a president, Donald Trump pardoned his.
Speaker 10: Son, I feel the same way, because there is sometimes the thing has to be done man in a different.
Speaker 11: Way because of the situation, rather than you know, there you have to admit that if the president and the next person who's coming in Trump is going to be a president, you don't want the rest of the worst to look at it and say, hey, this guy's doing this and that.
Speaker 12: And the other thing is uh, it would be nice your Biden turned around and say, buying the dollars Trump for any kind of things that you have done in the bus, even though Trump could do the same thing for himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, believe most of those those cases, at least the federal cases have at this point been dropped. Archie, appreciate it, Thank you very much. A very interesting analysis, quite different than mine. But I was interested in your your your logic, and there's certainly a consistency to that logic. Thanks Archie, appreciate your call.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Dan, You have a wonderful night.
Speaker 2: All right, YouTube, let me go to John in North Carolina. John, you were next on Nightside. Who else should Joe Biden pardon?
Speaker 13: Well he should. William have to pardon James because James is right in the thick of things.
Speaker 2: That's his brother, that would be his brother, right.
Speaker 13: But to comment on the I guess it was Rachel Maddow the clip that you played. Yes, it's really ludicrous for these people to be making these to be excusing Hunter based on his being addicted to drugs, because I dare say, a lot of career criminals are addicted to drugs, and it's instead of being an excuse, it's an aggravating factor it is.
Speaker 2: It is particularly Yuh. Well, I don't know. Maybe the defense lawyers will jump on the idea. Oh you ever know. I mean, we may have new legal precedent here. I just think it's I just think it's interesting. What I am not as bothered. I don't know about you. I'm not as bothered by what the president did in terms of the part because I think anyone who has a child would probably react in a similar fashion. I am bothered by the fact that he sat there and lived to the American public.
Speaker 13: In June in ju Well, let me comment on that. I this idea about well, it's because it's his son. You know, I'm reminded of back in the days of the Roman Republic, the mothers would tell their sons, you either come back with your shield or come back on it.
Speaker 2: So it's a little different. Yeah, I go back a long way. I remember hearing those stories. I never covered that, by the way as a reporter. Just to make it clear, okay.
Speaker 13: But I had just one more comment about the drug. The drug thing. You know, another excuse they're making for high is that, well, he's been clean for the past five and a half years of drugs. So my question is, who's cocaine was that that they found in the White House a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Well, it wasn't necessarily his if he's been clean, would it now?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 2: I mean if you believe yeah, whatever. Well, I mean again, my fault with the president is he basically sat there at Normandy and someone mentioned it last night. He's sitting there in normal in Normandy, you know, which is obviously hallowed American ground, although it's in France. A lot of American blood was shed there on June sixth, nineteen forty four. And I think he lied. I think that he knew that when push came to shove, he was going to pardon Hunter Biden. I think if if he had stood for reelection in one he could have parted the knowing that that his he had another four years in the White House. If he stepped aside and Harris won the race, I'm sure she would have pardoned Hunter Biden. At least I believe she would have partnered Hunter Biden as a courtesy to Joe Biden. And if she had lost the race. Joe Biden was still president for the ballance of November December and until January twentieth, So he knew that he had this covered no matter what.
Speaker 13: Well, that's the way you would think. But if you get into the psychology of a congenital liar like Joe Biden, there's no telling how his mind works.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, they do say that people who are good liars believe the lies.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so not telling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, John, great to hear your voice as always. Thanks so much for listening to us down there in North Carolina. By the way, do you get us over the year in the radio? Do you get us on the internet?
Speaker 13: I get it over the air, which means that it's in the winter months that I get the best reception. In the summer, it's it's it's hard for me to get it.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, keep listening, okay, I think you think, and keep calling. Thanks John, And if I don't chat with they have a great Christmas.
Speaker 13: Okay, thanks man, Bye bye John, bye bye.
Speaker 2: Six one seven, two five four ten thirty. Got one line there and one line at six one seven nine three one ten thirty. And the ladies have been absent tonight, and they were absent on this subject last night. I don't understand. Maybe women and I don't want to generalize, but I would think that women have a strong feeling on this. Either they could put themselves in the position of a parent and and maybe agreed that the president should have pardoned his son, or they can put themselves in the position of someone who says, hey, even though he pardoned, they would agree with me that he shouldn't have lied. I think he should have equivocated in June. I think that when David Muir asked him the question, will you pardon your son? I think he should have said, Look, you're asking me a question, which is a hypothetical question. I haven't even considered that. When the time comes, I will look at it seriously, and I will make a decision that I think is in the interest of justice uh and and our legal system. And I would have left it at that, but he chose not to. Now again, when he said no, he was then a candidate for president. He eventually was moved out of that position by the poobahs of the Democratic Party. We got the news six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty six, seven ninety. That's filled the lines up. Coming back on night Side.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on w b Z Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, back to the calls. We're going to go next to Paul in Pennsylvania. Paul, you were next to Nightside Welcome.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, great show. Yeah, I'm going on and uh, he hit the bail right in hand. When when President Biden was interviewed back in June or whatever it was, he as far as he knew, he was going to be the writing for president. And I think a lot of circumstances changed, and you're right, he quitted, equivocated, and he came out with a direct answer. But I think that, you know, with his knowledge at the time of what was going to happen, I think he gave what answer he thought.
Speaker 2: Did I lose you there, Paul, No, I'm here, Okay, finished that that comment. I think you dropped off for just a second. You were saying he equivocated what.
Speaker 8: He gave his answer back in June, and I believe that's what he believed at the time. He wasn't going to part the sun. He thought he was gonna be rinning for president. And you know, a lot of things changed in the last six months, like you said, and.
Speaker 2: So you you think you think that he was telling the truth in June.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't think he had any any uh, foresight of what was gonna happen with the debate. I don't think he had any idea his own party was going to force him to step down. I don't think he's saw for slighting those things.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me ask you this, Uh. Did you did you vote for him in twenty twenty, No, I did not.
Speaker 8: I voted for President Trump. But on the other hand, don't Dan, I don't want President Trump next I wonder for President Trump this time too, but I don't want to see his whole next term, President Trump retribution tour, where he's gonna get back and everybody to try to put him in president believe.
Speaker 2: Oh, I couldn't have. I couldn't. I agree with you totally. And the reason is the more time that he spends on what you call the retribution tour, uh, the less time that he's spending on policy uh and on on decisions that can can change the direction of the country and theoretically helped the American people, whether it's tightening up the border or whether it's looking at what we have to do to be better prepared militarily, how we're going to deal with the the arrival of artificial intelligence, and are we behind other countries around the world all of that. Yeah, no, I agree with you totally. But what I'm saying is I can't believe that Joe Biden was not thinking in June, hey maybe I'll run, maybe I'll win. If he won, he then could pardon. He could say, hey, I was supported by the American people, I'm pardoning my son, and there was there would be no cost for him because he then would have four more years if if he lost, let us say and and and he was the nominee, he then has the two and a half months to say, okay, before I leave, what am I going to do? There will be other pardons. I don't know if they will be related to Hunter Biden or to his family, but I think he may want to at least be thinking about that at this point, don't you.
Speaker 8: What happened is when transpired in the last six months. I think he really got bushwhacked, you know, between the debate and them telling him to drop out and everything, and and like you said, Dan, like in Brazil that President Lula, he was actually in prison and he gets out now he wants to put Bolson there on prison. I don't want to live in the coutpy like that. Dad. I don't think you have to either.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not. I think that I've said for you know, if you listen to the show regularly. I don't want us to turn into a Banana republic. I mean, that's what they do in Banana republics.
Speaker 8: I want President Trump to concentrate the policy and make this a better country for MEU and whoever voted for President Biden or Harris or whoever else.
Speaker 2: Everyone he's the president. He will be the president on January twentieth for everyone, whether they like, whether people like it or not. I mean, you know, they don't have to they don't have to agree to that. But there's only one president at the time. Joe Biden is the president of the country. Now, he's my president. He's your president. Simple as that, right the way. Thanks, Thanks, Paul, appreciate.
Speaker 8: You, rank you, Dad.
Speaker 2: Thank you a good night. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. Next up is Craig in Ohio. Craig, welcome back. How are you Craig?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 14: I just got two things I'm tired of here, and did you know his child. He's a fifty four year old man, you know, Hunter Biden.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 14: And you know in seven or eight months he's going to be grouped up again. Guarantee it.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't know. I mean, you might be right, you might be wrong, but none of us can we can we can speculate on the future. We can't predict the future. Maybe he will just go off quietly. And I don't know. I guess he could become a lobbyist, no question about that. I mean, I'm sure that he could work for any of the Democratic lobbying groups his you know he will. He will have some influence. I guess he is his father on your Well, yeah, I mean, I mean he could. Look I think I actually, I think I'm going to revise and revoke my remarks here because, to be honest with you, you're probably right. But he'll end up something. There will be some law firm that will take him in. I guarantee you that, I guarantee you that that there will be some primarily democratic law firm that will take him in and shelter him for the for the next ten or so years. And yeah, he'll write a maybe he'll write a book. Who knows. I don't know. I don't think is going to be homeless. Greg.
Speaker 14: I mean, yeah, that's true. But uh, I just get tired of hearing his child his child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me ask you if you have any kids or no.
Speaker 14: No, I lost my son that game to go.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to hear that. I that's a tough one. That's a tough one, Craig.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 2: But I think any parent, you know, once someone said to me that you'll always be your son's parent until the day you die. And I understand that, and I suspect that, you know, Joe Biden would have given up a lot of his fame and fortune, h and even maybe his presidency if his son never ended up going down that path of self destruction.
Speaker 14: I would hope. So. But one last thing, Dan, you know, it just seems like people would know too much in Washington. D see something happens to him.
Speaker 2: Well, well, there's a lot of people who go to Washington, and look, there's a lot of people who end up not with a very happy life. A lot of people go to Washington, spend the rest of their lives there and they retire. Look at Mitch McConnell. I mean, guy, he's he's he just kind of There's a lot of folks who go along to get along, and I think McConnell would be one of them. But you're right, there's a lot of people who go there and they get drunk with power and they make bad decisions. I guess they do that in the NBA, the NFL, Major League Baseball, and they probably do it in law firms and doctors' offices.
Speaker 14: Oh, everywhere.
Speaker 2: Human beings, human beings fraught as we are. Wait hear your voice, come on back more often. And if I don't talk, you have a merry Christmas.
Speaker 14: Okay, take care Mary Christmas.
Speaker 2: Also all right, thanks, thanks, great good night. Let me go to Paul and Dorchester. Paul, you were next on Nightside. Welcome.
Speaker 8: Hey, thanks Dan.
Speaker 7: You know, I am sorry to disagree with the other Paul, but their retribution to her. I had three years of Adam Shift coming down like the cat that swallowed the canary, saying he's got that, but in he's got this, and every day I had to listen to that for three years, and then to see them live before Congress. There's gotta be some accountability. There's not can be like, oh, forget about it, because it's like that the Republicans got like like like no, uh, you know, like no manhood teams. We go after him, and and you know what wawing that was done.
Speaker 2: Let me make a suggestion. Okay, if I were Donald Trump's lawyer and I'm not or his legal counsel, as they would say, I would say, let Congress do whatever investigations they want. This should be something that should be left to Congress. The present.
Speaker 7: Yeah, somebody's gonna somebody's gotta get I. I three years of Adam Shift driving me crazy. I just can't believe that they're gonna just forget about it. He lied to Congress all that stuff. You know, there's no law against Pelosi ripping up a constitution. What trumps you know, uh, his plan of action, and that was the most disrespectful thing I think I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: That what you're talking about, specifically was her ripping up his State of the Union address and then clapping sarcastically in his face right.
Speaker 7: While they were on camera. I mean like, yeah, it was so bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, I mean there all that she displayed towards Donald Trump was I thought repulsive at the time. I said it at the time, I would have felt the same way if it was if if Mike Johnson, the Republican Speaker of the House, uh, did the same thing to I mean if to a to a President Harris had she been elected, or to a President Biden. It just unacceptable.
Speaker 7: One last point, Damp. They impeaced President Trump for what Biden pardons his son fall. He made a phone call to Zelenski about investigating Ukraine, and he was in peace for that. And Biden had a punish, Uh, he had a part in him for that crime that that Trump there was right to be investigated at the time, and he was in peace for it. There was so much wrong, Dan. It's not a retribution to her. It's called the it was called weaponization of the of the FBI, the Justice Department, the Department. There's just so much, Dan, that the fish rots from the head down.
Speaker 2: Well that that is that is a phrase that Mike Dukaka, is a Democrat presidential candidate, often invoked. So, yeah, I agree with you on that. And there was law fair, uh. In my in my opinion, there were things that Donald Trump did which were in my opinion, really dumb. I mean when when he held all of those documents at mar Lago in uh In after after his presidency. I just think that was a mistake.
Speaker 7: That was at least authority was vice president. He had no authority to do all that.
Speaker 2: I understand that. But but when the FBI comes calling and they're looking for documents, as as a lawyer, you say, look, we're going to turn the documents over. We're going to ask that a court audit order that they be kept under seal was to decide whether or not you in fact have the right to keep those documents. And we'll go through each and every document. But that way you don't get yourself indicted.
Speaker 7: As as he But they showed up at people's houses. They showed up at old man's houses in the middle of the night with swat teams. They got people out of bed. It was so unnecessary all this.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely true on that. How much of that you can trace the Joe Biden, or how much of that you can trace the Merrick Garland, or how much of that you can trace to Christopher Ray of the FBI. We'll have to find out.
Speaker 7: Paul Lejoe Biden was the head and the fish rots from the head down.
Speaker 2: All right, you got the final word. Appreciate you call Paul, Thank you much, Thanks Dan, have a great night. All right, So I got ten minutes left here, I get some open lines six one seven, two four ten thirty, six one seven, nine three ten thirty. Feel free to join the conversation. The question is tonight. In my opinion, the question I'm trying to ask is in view of the fact that the president has pardoned his son Hunter, who else in his administration should he pardon? We had a former Watergate prosecutor, prosecutor who was very pleased and happy that Hunter Biden has pardoned, suggesting that the president, and by the way, she's the supporter of the president, needs to preemptively maarden, meaning Joe Biden pardoned Hunter Biden for crimes that he had been convicted for. This former Watergate prosecutor wants Joe Biden to preemptively pardon, amongst others, Jack Smith, the prosecutor of Donald Trump, as well as maybe Joe Biden himself. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty, six one seven, nine, ten thirty. Feel free to join the conversation. I'm here for you. I hope you're here for me coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nice Sight Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We'll let us keep rolling, going to go to Joe and Belmont. Joe, welcome back. How are you tonight, sir?
Speaker 15: Good? Uh, Merry Christmas, Dan.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas to you. Joe as well.
Speaker 15: I don't think President Trump should seek revenge against the deep state because in the Bible it says revenge is mind, says the Lord.
Speaker 2: That's good point, Joe. I'm not sure how much of a Bible reader Donald Trump is, but he certainly should keep that in mind.
Speaker 15: I know he supports the evangelicals, but you know what he says and does the two different things.
Speaker 2: Whatever. I think you're right, you're right on that. Who else should Joe Biden pardon? You think that's it for Joe Biden's pardons or do you think that he should pardon some others? Well?
Speaker 15: I think you know, law comes before family. But if I was Joe Biden and I had a son, I would be human and I would pardon my son, whether it was right or wrong.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, that's an honest, honest answer, Joe, I really appreciate your candor as always, Thank you, my friend. We will talk soon and hopefully we'll talk before Christmas.
Speaker 15: Okay, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas. Right back at you, good night. Let me go to David in New Hampshire. David, you were next time nights. I go right ahead.
Speaker 8: Hey, Joe, nice to see you. Nice to talk to you.
Speaker 11: Joe just left.
Speaker 2: I'm Dan, I'm the guy you call and go ahead.
Speaker 14: Sorry, Joe.
Speaker 5: I agree with Joe like I mean, you know, every parent protects their child, but is it is it politically correct in this situation?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't have I mean, the fact that he pardoned his son doesn't surprise me, but it bothers me that he lied about it.
Speaker 7: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: You know. That's where I come down. And he could have easily said, you know, I haven't even contemplated that question. There was still I think some open issues at that time. I have no idea what his situation will be as we go forward, and I will deal with that issue as it comes up, and I'm not going to keep an open mind. I would have put it like that.
Speaker 5: And every parent will always protect their child, no matter what situation it is. Would be in that position. Shouldn't do you believe that? Is that?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 14: It is?
Speaker 8: It is correct that he did that.
Speaker 2: I agree with you on that one as well. David. Appreciate your call. I'm going to get one more in before the night comes to a close. Thanks so much for call more often. Okay, thanks, thank you, Bye bye. Mary is in Arlington. Mary, you may wrap the hour for us here.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Mary, No, I'm calling about situation with Joe Biden around the air.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Mary, this is Dan Ray.
Speaker 9: Are you doing thinking? I don't. I don't mind Joe Biden partting his son. The thing is it was it was opposite.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 9: Dan Ray, do not.
Speaker 8: Trump doing it.
Speaker 9: It will be no problem. But I'm thinking it. I know Joe lied to the American people right and said, hey.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna he said, he said, I will not pardon him, they said. When he was asked me your pardon, me said no, that is that.
Speaker 7: That's totally correct.
Speaker 9: But I much better have the president lying to me versus the President sitting me in the Oval office in January six and saying, hey, I had nothing to do with this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well that that's fine, and I'm so glad you called it we should called earlier, but I'm flat out of time.
Speaker 9: Thanks Mary, don't worry.
Speaker 2: Great night, good night, done for the night everybody again. If you want to participate in the Nightside Charity combine, call Marita, our producer seven eighty one three five one seven two six. I think Marita and I think Rob Brooks be back tomorrow night. Everybody, all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Rais, who passed fourteen years ago in fe all your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe that we'll see them again. Hope see a Gainama on night. On nights, I'd have a great night everyone,