Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham, The Great America. Welcome this Friday afternoon in the tri State, getting ready, of course for Reds baseball tonight in Saint Louis. Three games set in Saint Louis, and back room for the Yankees. The Yankees are trembling about playing the Reds at my ballpark, the Great American, and we have a conversation coming up late of the Paul O'Neill, who has his foot in both camps. He considers himself more of a Yankee because he is a minu in and minument park in center field. That's the reason. Rather than the Reds. One of the worst trades the Reds ever made was trading Paul O'Neill for Roberto Kelly. Whatever happened to him. But nonetheless, more important matters are a foot right now. Joining you and I now is State Representative Cidny Abrams of the West Side of Town and Sidney Abrams, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And relative first to the Patrick Herringer situation, who was murdered in his home and this can you tell the American people at this point there's an investigation under way about what happened in the state. You're of your foot also in both camps. I don't know how many lawmakers have been Cincinnati police officers as you've been and a lawmaker somewhat unusual, But who dropped the ball a notifying the local authorities about the walking around with a knife of Mordecai Block that resulted in the murder of Patrick Herringer. What what was the circumstance that happened that caused that to occur.
Speaker 2: Well, first of.
Speaker 3: All, thank you for having me on today, and I will tell you that when I woke up the next morning and I read about, you know, the horrific murder of Patrick, I immediately started to ask questions and figure out what happened and how can I, as a lawmaker make positive change so that this does not happen to someone else. Now that being said, to answer your question, there's nobody in the General Assembly that was a Cincinnati police officer, So there's that. So I went to work immediately asking questions. You know, I talked to all all the parties involved, and the bottom line is this, and I will start by saying this, there are so many politicians that just stand around and take pictures with the police and say we support you, and but when push comes to shove, actions speak louder than words.
Speaker 2: We were all taught that as kids, at least I was.
Speaker 3: And at the end of the day, I am not just standing around saying, oh, I support you guys and gals.
Speaker 2: I actually take action. So what am I doing? Well, I am.
Speaker 3: I've done some research and I found out that at the end of the day, there was no protocol.
Speaker 2: That's what they told me, the Adult par Authority.
Speaker 3: There was no protocol for them to notify that they had to notify local law enforcement when they entered the warrant. For I call it escape. It's not escape, it's a wall or absconding. So when he cut the ankle monitor off and decided not to go along with the conditions of his release because he was a targeted violent defender at CBO, when he walked away and decided he's going to to go, you know, live his best life doing god knows what, murdering people, that was a violation. So at that point, the Adult Pearl Authority has to enter the warrant in Leeds, okay. And so what I'm working on is it's going to say that the adult parole authority shall and you know in the ORC when it says shall, that means you have to. There's no other way about it. You shall enter that warrant within twenty four hours into leeds. And you also shall notify local law enforcement of this violent offender on the run. And what I mean by local law enforcement your city, your county, your township, your village, and the public safety answering point which is our communications center. That is the law that I'm working on.
Speaker 1: Good more and more Kai Black's case, A little birdie told me that he committed numerous felonies in prison in the nine and that years he was in prison. In fact, he's been locked up seventeen of his last eighteen years in prison. That he committed numerous felonies in prison. So why wasn't he prosecuted for felonies go over the list? Selling and using methanphetamine, shanking inmates, fights in prison, and no point in prison was he indicted for those felonies which would have kept him longer. Why wasn't he indicted for selling meth in prison?
Speaker 2: Well, what I see is he was under the influence of hooch.
Speaker 3: He was making who he was fighting he was not obeying the guard's orders. He was under the influence of K two and so again I'm also looking into that, like why wasn't he charged with the additional crime in prison and in the correct in the Administrative Code Department of Corrections, they can charge him. The question was why wasn't he I don't know, maybe make that in law too, I will.
Speaker 2: Tell all right.
Speaker 1: Now another issue, he was out and he cut it off within about a month of him being out, he cut it off. And to get out, to have the ankle monitor put on, he had to identify where is he's staying, Who's he's with, who are your friends? Next of ken, next of In other words, looking ahead to him cutting it off, they would have had his address next to Ken, phone numbers, et cetera. People to research. He committed a terrible burglary like three weeks before the murder, and at that point the victims of the burglary in Cincinnati OTR notified the police Mordecai Black is the guy that did it, and a no point a CPD say, okay, let's find out. Let's go get Mordecai Black. We have his last known address, we have his friends and associates, he's living in OTR. Why didn't CPD say, okay, we got this guy, let's go find him before the murder.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: When you enter a warrant into leads, you have to have all their information, So everything about them, named data, birth, everything you mentioned. Okay, the crime they're convicted of, everything, Okay, And so yes, officially that LEADS that warrant for absconding and going a wall was in there at the time that they're investigating this other burglary that he was a suspect of the issue is this times have changed sadly over the last you know, twenty years in law enforcement, and they're short staffed.
Speaker 2: I mean, I remember when I took the test. There were thirty five hundred people there at.
Speaker 3: The convention center to take the test, and they chose eighty of us. And so look, there's less young people that want to do this job. But what I think the biggest issue is is they don't feel law enforcement.
Speaker 2: Our cops don't feel that they're supported.
Speaker 3: So if they go out and again, look at the shooting that just happened, right, I'm not going to any of the bad guy's names because I'm not gonna give them any air. But I tell you that officer waited what a month to be cleared.
Speaker 2: For doing your job, doing your job.
Speaker 3: So again I think that they're short staffed. Yes, we do have the CIGIC and they have the task force, and they go out and round up bad guys and felons.
Speaker 2: But again, like I.
Speaker 3: Said, if this was put notifying them and saying, hey, here's what we got, go get them, I think that that would we would absolutely prevent that murder.
Speaker 1: Culturally, cops and you were one thirty five hundred for eighty spots. Now CPD goes into the community to advertise the fact please make an application. And so at this point the cops are told directly indirectly, don't be aggressive, don't take a handful of warrns. I was told twenty years ago the cops would show up, not much going on, I take a handful of warns, go find these guys. That doesn't happen anymore, right, That's.
Speaker 2: Right, we did that. I mean, whether it's that or whether it's stolen cars.
Speaker 3: I mean I remember again back in the day, you would tape all the license plates and making models of every stolen car that's in the area, so you would go look for those two and you had time.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: But again, like I said, now, I mean, are you supportive when you get a stolen car and get in a pursuit of a felon and then they run from you and full of gun I.
Speaker 2: Mean that's the question.
Speaker 1: Well, this cop waited six weeks to be cleared, and he was on desk duty for a while and the message was sent. Was he close to getting indicted? I don't think so. I think Connie Pillach did a good job at the news conference and laid it out. But the next next time might be a little closer, might be quick. You have to make a split second life and debt decision. Make the wrong one, your life is over. So the law will be called? What to Sidney Abrams? What will be the law called? When this thing changes?
Speaker 3: My plan is to name it, of course, with Sarah's permission, is to name it after Patrick Patrick Karendra.
Speaker 1: Yeah act and maybe in the future there'll be something good and valuable coming of it. Let's talk briefly about the Larry Henderson Act. I know law enforcement cares about this one too. What would that do Officer Larry Henderson who was murdered by the father of the kid that was shot in the business of stealing cars. What is the Larry Henderson Act.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So again after that horrific, So I thought about, okay, what is current law. So, when you are convicted of aggravated murder of a law enforcement officer, this is current law. Your sentencing choices are death okay, the death bounty, or life in prison with parole. And there's you know, you know, ten twenty, thirty, forty fifty years where you can come up for parole.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So then I thought to myself, first of all, why is it only law enforcement officers? You know, we should include all of our first responders, right, so every police officer right the city, county, od and our corrections troopers, everybody including the FEDS, and our first responders are firefighters, are emt are paramedic, and our military members. If you wear a uniform, this act is going to protect you. Someone kills you on purpose, they have a plan, They do it on purpose. They're convicted of aggravated murder. Your sentencing choices are death or life without parole. I am sick and tired of the assault on the people that are here keeping us safe every single day.
Speaker 1: Because at this point, if you can I'm a police officer, a first responder, someone with the fire department, whatever, you can get to life imprisonment, but it doesn't mean without parole. In fact, there was a cop killer about ten years ago who was paroled and he's now living on the beaches of California, which is incredible, and god knows, a future governor might say, it's really the death penalty largely is unused completely now and people talk about life without possibility of parole. But the governor can still issue a pardon. And we had Dick Celeste do that in mass about thirty years ago, that he took everybody off death row and gave them the possibility of parole. But this law that Larry Henderson Act would keep that from occurring. Is that true? Or could a future governor down the road say, anyway, well, even though Sidney Abrams would like to have somebody in prison for the rest of their life, after all, this guy was young, he was disadvantaged, he's already been serving thirty thirty five years and as a consequence, let's pardon him. Does that eliminate the governor's part in power.
Speaker 3: No, but I guess the question would have to be asked, like, as governor, are you going to live with that when they come out and kill again?
Speaker 2: But you have to live with that in my opinion.
Speaker 1: All right now, all you can do is a lawmaker is do the law and then whatever the well, it is despicable and last night another kid was killed and over the rhine last night again every day, and we're told by city fathers and mothers they have to have pure of all that it's a safe community. You know, there's about twenty thousand shots fired every year according to shot Spotter in the city of Cincinnati, twenty thousand shots fired, only five hundred people are wounded. It's a terrible circumstance. It begins with law enforcement. And when there's one cop between the Ohio River and North otr at three o'clock in the morning, that's a problem. And the fact that cops are reticent about doing their job because of fear of retribution, that's a problem. Let's move to issue number two if we can. Tony Bender, many others may have a dog and what is the dog bill? I know it's called the aver rebill, And what is the dog bill, We had some of these vicious pit pulls running around biting people, killing people, biting off parts of their body. And what does the new dog Bill do if anything?
Speaker 3: Well, so what happened not just down here in Cincinnati, but across the state. We had devastating, horrific people that were severely injured or killed by these dogs running around with no supervision from their owners.
Speaker 2: There was a older woman over in Circleville. She was out literally just pulling the weeds in her front garden bed and she was mauled to death.
Speaker 3: And so that whenever something horrific happens, of course it gets you know, the attention of lawmakers to take a look at Okay, now, what are we doing here? And what all this comes down to? This personal responsibility. That's all it is. You have a dog, you are responsible for that dog. And we're not talking about if someone is messing with the dog, you know, you're wrestling with the dog, or you're provoking it. No, we are talking about unprovoked attacks. Just like Avery. She was eleven years old. She went over for a playdate at her friend's house and these the dogs mauled her so horrifically. She was severely injured. She's had multiple surgeries, and let me tell you, if you have a few minutes, you need to watch Public Safety Committee when she came in and she gave testimony. She is a strong twelve year old young lady and we are so proud for sharing her story. And so what this bill does basically is it holds dog owners accountable for unprovoked attacks.
Speaker 2: You're responsible for that dog. If you let it.
Speaker 3: Run around the neighborhood and it bites a running or walking or a kid riding its bike, shame on you. It's going to be a criminal penalty. You'll have a misdemeanor if it's serious injury and I'm one, and if it kills, if your dog kills somebody, it's going to be a felony of the fourth degree. We're tired of it. We're sending a message and it's going to give the dog warden the authority to take the dog, and then you're going to have due process in court. Every will have their court and the judge will declare whether that dog's going to be put.
Speaker 2: Down or not.
Speaker 1: So the one bite rule is done. One bite is done. A person with a vicious dog is held accountable. You buy everything that dog does.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Lastly, head on a lawmaker. It might have been the speaker Matt Huffman about a week or two ago. And there's a vote we're going to have in Ohio in November or in May that will eliminate all real estate property taxes. You give the American people a chance to eliminate real estate property taxes, they're likely to do it. And that means there goes the funding for the schools, police and fire, et cetera. And then he said that if that goes out the window, that the sales tax will be twenty percent. So that means everybody that has a big purchase will go to Covington, will go to Batesville, they'll get the hell out of Ohio to buy something because who's going to pay twenty percent sales tax? Getting rid of real lif state taxes. That's a great idea. However, what's the downside?
Speaker 3: Well, actually it sounds the folks that are collecting signatures. I would caution everyone. I would say, please do not sign that petition. And here's why, listen, I live in Harrison, Ohio. They're fiscally responsible here, they're conservative, they're not wasting money. If property taxes were totally eliminated, we would not the City of Harrison would not be the City of Harrison as it is. Now, what do I mean by that? Their police, their fire, their streets department, you know, the guys that come out and keep our roads safe and fill potholes and whatnot. While the snow, all of that would be totally gone, and the property taxes are used to pay for things like I just mentioned, please fire roads, right and the whole nine yards, our schools educating our children. So yes, the speaker is totally right. We the General Assembly would have to say, Okay, well, how are we going to fund all these things? Because I mean, at the end of the day, you have to now what I will say in the budget. And we're working on the Conference committee. Now I'm not in the conference committee. It's three House members, three Senate members, and they're working on the differences between the House and the Senate budget.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the.
Speaker 3: Day, we are trying to deliver property tax relief for ohiolands.
Speaker 2: We get it, We also pay it.
Speaker 3: We all have a tax bill that we pay, and so we are trying to deliver property tax relief to ohiolands while still funding schools, our local government fund, medicaid, the Department of Corrections, Department of Youth Services, state patrol, you get the program.
Speaker 2: I mean, the state pays for a lot of.
Speaker 1: Things, yeah, including police and fire and getting the streets under control. But once again State Representative sending Abras, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show this Friday afternoon. The budgets all that stuff important, and we have people like Mordecai Black running around OTR, which is a almost like Tombstone, It's like the Ok Corral, and all of a sudden, a good man and a good woman, a man's life's taken defending Sarah against his fish's criminal because this State to Ohio and city police together did not go find this guy. And after he burglarized his ex girlfriends whom I can't imagine being the ex girlfriend of Mordecai Black, and she identifies him as the person that did it and is simply laid there. And three weeks later he murdered Patrick Herringer in his home. Something's got to be done. But Sidney Abrams, thanks again. Continue to have a great day, and we'll talk later and after the budget has approved, and Sidney Abrams, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And you're a great American. Thank you very much, thanks for having me. Let's continue with more if a line becomes available. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Bill Cunningham, the Great American with you every day. You're Home of the Reds and so much more. News Radio seven hundred WLW. All right, let's continue now. Red's playing Saint Louis tonight. Of course, the Yankees are looking forward to their big three game series at My Ballpark The Great American on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. And one of the television stars of the New York Yankees Network is the Great Number twenty one, Paul O'Neil. Paul O'Neil, welcome again to the Bill cunn Show. First of all, Paul, I got a big question for you. Are you prepared for this question?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Willie.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's coming from you, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: If you were not traded to the Yankees for Roberto Kelly, would you have a monument at my Ballpark The Great American? Could you see the O'Neill career being what it was if you stayed as a Red.
Speaker 5: You know what, I really don't think, so I don't know why I wasn't. I mean, we had the one World Championship one for certain us to switch a little bit. But you know, I was very fortunate. I went to New York at a great time, got to play with great teams, and you know, we accomplished a lot.
Speaker 1: Well, on the day you were traded, I guess Bob Quinn or somebody called you and say, hey, Paul were trading to the Yankees. Well, didn't you feel at one point sad that was happening because you were leaving Like you're You're from Columbus, this is your hometown team. You're a crosley Field looking at Roberto Clemente, you became number twenty one. Didn't you feel kind of down in the dumps when you were traded?
Speaker 5: Oh? Absolutely, I mean it's you know, when you're traded, you always feel like, you know, I didn't do enough. You felt like you let people down, and obviously when you're playing at home or close to home, this was you know, I was a Reds fan growing up in the Midwest, so I was disappointed. I didn't know what to expect in New York. But you know that's the way the game goes sometimes. And you know, looking back, either a huge opportunity for me.
Speaker 1: And you know, looking back, looking back, you got a monument next to Babe Ruth. Anyway, let's talk about this series coming up. I know the Yankees probably are not really excited about coming to Cincinnati, but you are that you still have a home here. You play golf here with a few of your buddies now and then, and you do all the work and the Yankees Entertainment System, you do all the television games. But do the Yankees care about coming to the Great American Ball Parker do the Yankees think what the hell are we doing this for?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I mean, baseball is so much different with the Interleague, and you know there's a history when you go back, and you always kind of bring those back. You know, when the Yankees played the Big Red Machine in the in the World Series.
Speaker 1: So you can always go back on that.
Speaker 5: I mean, the Yankees have the Reds have played the Yankees tough over the years in the in these Inner League. And you know, Great American Ballpark is a great hitters ballpark, so I expect a lot of a lot of things as far as scoring runs to come about next.
Speaker 1: Week and you're you're in town to do this. Do you recall a bet that we made about a year ago? Have you forgotten that I have not?
Speaker 5: And the odds of that happening bill, So we're gonna double enough in this series. You did bet me that the Yankees would the Reds would sweep the Yankees, And I don't know how you pulled that one out of your hat.
Speaker 1: But it worked. What's happening with Aaron Judge? I saw him getting boot at Yankee Stadium. He dove for a ball and missed it. How quickly they forget? And you had said, I know you talked to Aaron about you when you led the American League and hitting one year. I think you were hitting like three seventy six or four hundred and June and you went up to Aaron Judge. What'd you say to him?
Speaker 5: Well, it was kind of a joke. Really. There were game notes out that day and Aaron Judge was hitting like three ninety or something, and he said, this day in history, you know, Babe Ruth was hitting four h two and I happened to be hit like four seventeen, and he said.
Speaker 1: Is that what I saw? And I said, yeah, you better get it.
Speaker 4: Going, brother.
Speaker 1: Anyway, right downhill, right right there? Yeah, what the Yankees have lost six of the last seven games, right yeah.
Speaker 5: They got swept in Boston, which was, you know, really surprising because Boston wasn't playing well and then with all the Devors stuff going on, and he been trade it. But then Anaheim comes in and you know, takes three out of four. But offensively, they just haven't played well lately. And you know, they're, like I said, great American Ballpark can solve a lot of those issues. But they're a solid team. There's ups and downs to baseball and they just went through it down. But you know, they had just swept Kansas City before that. So it's the course of a long year.
Speaker 4: But they have.
Speaker 1: A lot to look forward to.
Speaker 5: They've had some good, solid year to this point.
Speaker 1: Paula knew who was a better owner for you. Was it Marge Shot or George Steinbrenner.
Speaker 5: You know what, It's funny you say that, Bill jokingly, but you know, no two owners wanted to win. And I always respected March Shot because she she she wanted to win for the City, and that's the same thing that mister Steinbrenner did. So it's you know, obviously mister Steinberner was a little more competitive to the point where it was win or nothing, and you know, if you didn't play well then he would talk about you. But you know, I played for two great organizations and looking back, I can't can't complain.
Speaker 1: Paula knew who was a better manager, Pete Rose or Joe Tory. If you had to play for one manager in heaven for the for eternity, would it be Pete Rose or Joe Tory.
Speaker 5: Well again, I mean you kind of take a little bit from everybody you played. For the intensity of Pete Rose, I'll never forget and I needed that, you know, at that point in my career. But then as a veteran team in New York where you need, you know, to calm players down and get the media off the beck, Joe Tory was the best. So again, you take a little bit from everybody you've played with, and especially your managers. So again, I was very fortunate to play with two people, and I'm you.
Speaker 1: Know, happy that obviously they dropped the band.
Speaker 5: But you know, I always thought that Peter should be in the holidaym Anyway.
Speaker 1: If somebody had told you at the end of your playing career you would have five World Series rings, would you have believed it?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I didn't believe that. You know, the Reds were going to sweep the Yankees and Yankee Stadium, but you told me they did so, and.
Speaker 1: They also swept the Yankees in nineteen seventy six. You might recall the Reds one in there and kick the crap out of Thurman months in a nineteen seventy six. In fact, Paul, the Reds have won four consecutive World Series games in seventy six with you. In nineteen ninety they won four consecutive World Series games, and the last game they played against the Red Sox in nineteen seventy five, the Reds won the last game, Game seven. So the Red Legs have nine second of World Series rings. I'm sorry world Series wins. What do you think about those nine World Series wins by the Reds.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean that's a wonderful stat but you got to get to the World Series a little more often than they have, So you know, I always, you know, look and see how the Reds are doing, and hopefully you know they can turn things around. Terry Frank Hone is as good as are the best at what he does. And if he you give him some time and let him make some decisions. I think the Reds are going to be in a good spot now.
Speaker 1: Lastly, Cincinnati dominates New York. I'm thinking about Jerry Springer, I'm thinking about Aaron Boone. I'm thinking about Paul O'Neill. Is there something about Cincinnati values that dominate New York City? Do you and Boone talk about Cincinnati at all? A little bit?
Speaker 5: I mean we go in and talk about game things, and it always gets back to there. But you know, when you've played in a city as good as Cincinnati and you know the traditions here that you know, you learn a lot and as you move on, you still remember the guy you played with. And I was very, very lucky to be called up right, if you know, Pete Rose still the manager, concepts, the Homa still in uniform, Tony Perez, these are great players and you learn a lot from him as a young player.
Speaker 1: Which World Series ring do you look out more often? The one with the Reds or the four with the Yankees? Which one? Which one is most valuable to you. In fact, if you already give me a gift upon your death, would it be the World series ring from the Yankees or one from the Reds.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe I'll give you one of each.
Speaker 4: Bill, how about that?
Speaker 5: You know the Reds was our first World Series.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'll never forget it.
Speaker 5: And then when I look at the four that we won in New York when we played the Mets in two thousand, just being in one city getting on the bus, it was like high school again driving across the Tripro Bridge and mister Steinberner if we'd have lost that one and we all would have been, you know, a free agent. So there was a lot of pressure when when we played the Mets. But there's separate stories for every single World Series. And like I said, I got an opportunity to play with great teams.
Speaker 1: Lastly, if you go to the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, will you be wearing a Yankee hat or a Reds hat?
Speaker 5: God, Bill, you got some tough questions today. Man, it's the Cincinnati Show right right night. I better put a little C on the side of the hat. How's that?
Speaker 1: But on the side of the Yankees hat?
Speaker 5: Yeah, possibly that's the way it is now.
Speaker 1: You read my mind, all right, Paulie, thanks for coming on. We'll see what happens Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and we'll get together soon. I'll collect my bed. The Reds are going to sweep the Yankees Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and if they don't, I'd be shocked.
Speaker 5: But all right, well, you gonna spot me a few runs too, Bill.
Speaker 1: Now wait a minute, you want a Cincinnati and to spot a Yankee a few runs? No, flat out, flat out? Once again, the Reds will dominate the Yankees, like in nineteen seventy six, and like last June and the Yankee Stadium, it'll be the Reds will be undefeated, untied, unscored on at my ballpark, the great American.
Speaker 5: You called this a few years ago, and I laughed at you. So I'm just going to keep my mouth shut right now, let's see how this plays out.
Speaker 1: I quit snickering. Paul O'Neill. The great number twenty one traded for Roberto Kelly, and he did great in Cincinnati. You got a monument with louke Gerrig. But all right, once again, Paul O'Neil, thanks for coming on, the Bill, Cunningham Show, and I'll see you on the golf course.
Speaker 4: See you Willie, have a good one.
Speaker 1: I thank you, he told me. A day or two after you got traded, he calls me and said, man, I can't believe it happened. I said, I don't know Roberto Kelly. And the thought was to defend the Reds, that Roberto Kelly was quicker, faster, up and coming, and he could play better, shall we say, on the turf of Riverfront Stadium, and that somehow he had more skill set. So Paul O'Neil goes to New York has monuments for World Series rings, now does the Yankees television games. I think the trade turned out okay for PAULI. I don't know where Roberto Kelly is. Let's continue with more Bill Cunningham, News Radio sevenw My Bully comming in the Great American and of course good to hear from Paulie. Paul O'Neill. It's a lesson in life that one door shuts, another door opens. Just when you think it's dark, all of a sudden, the sun shines and life is so much better. Many times in my life I thought, you know things, I'm at the bottom and all of a sudden, another door opens. I go the other direction and things are great. I talked to PAULI when he was traded, and they thought, well, I'm from Columbus, I'm kind of a country boy, got a beautiful Nevillie. His wife is a living saint, very religious couple, got three little kids. They're going to be going to schools here. Has a home in the Sycamore area, and established himself as a player at a World Series ring that point, playing for pot Rose Low Panela. Life is good, and all of a sudden gets a call saying you've been traded to the Yankees. He said, what the hell? Did not want to go to the Yankees. By that point, they had not won anything for many, many years. The nineteen eight were a vacant time for the Yankees. They won the World Series twice in seventy seven and seventy eight, but there was no horizon on that was going to indicate the Yankees are going to be any good. And Paul was with his friends in his comfort area. In fact, there's a classic photo that Paul showed me. He was in Crosley Field, the sun deck and right field, and behind him was number twenty one for the Pirates Roberto Clemente. And that's why Paul O'Neal took twenty one is because he loved Roberto Clementy would come here from Columbus area to watch the Reds play baseball. Always wanted to be a Reds ball player, had a World Series ring. He gets traded to a team he didn't want to go. And let's face it, taking a young family to New York City in nineteen ninety three wasn't the best decision you could make. Thirty two years ago, New York City was like it is today. It was a free fire zone, had a ridiculous mayor named Dinkins, dinkdinkdnk Dinkins, and crime was rampant. And didn't want to go. He had to raise three young kids in New York City. There could not have been a better move he ever made, but he didn't have the choice, but it was made for him. So one door shut, another door opened turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to him. Reminds me also my own life. I accepted a job in Warren County to be a Warren County assistant prosecutor with Morris Jay turtlesen in like nineteen seventy seven seventy eight, and prepared to move my very young family from Toledo to Warren County to be an assistant prosecutor. I get a call from him saying, look, I hate to do this. I got to rescind the offer because another guy named Flannery is a friend of a friend, and I have a budget for one and it's not you. So I said, oh my gosh, I've already sold my house. He said, I'm sorry, I can't help you. So then I started looking for a job back home, and I found one with the Amity County Public Defender's Office. I was low as whale, done penny, and I wanted to come back home. Had been in Toledo for six or seven years, but I want to come back home. And I said to her, if we don't get back home now, and I become more ensconced here with Schnorf, Schnorff, and Snorf, we may never get back home. Well, b Larson Hamwin County Public Defender's Office hired me because she said, you have all the academic qualifications, you're a Cincinnatian, and come on down. So I would not have done. If Morris Turklesen has kept his promise to me and I began as assistant county prosecutor in Warren County, you would not be listening to me now. I would not continue my life here at home, which I wanted badly. So just because you've been fired, told you don't get the job you failed in life, doesn't mean that there's another door ready to open that you were completely unaware of that is better for you in the long run. And apoll O'Neil, what happened was better now. Secondly, two stories in the Inquire Today. One is about a Cincinnati police officer named Jason Wallace. CPD officer Jason Wallace and citizens are encouraged of foul complaints against police in Cincinnati, which happens hundreds of times every year. Allegedly, Jason Wallace says, say a police officer used some foul language when arresting someone. In fact, he dropped the F bomb. Oh my god, during the arrest, he dropped the F bomb. And people who filed a complaint against him for using foul language and arresting somebody. Of course, city consultant Iris Rowley making a bundle of money from these kinds of things, said, I do not want to be cussed by the people I paid to protect and serve me, quote unquote. So he was like a reprimanded don't use foul language when arresting criminals. Now that that's what the city is concerned about. Mayor Pireval said, yeah, that's really bad, don't do that. On the other hand, a kid was killed last night in an apartment. I spoke to one of the leaders of three C d C who said, as a good kid, came from a good background, wanted a summer job. Put him to work working for me. And Steve Leaper told me about ten minutes ago, my heart's broken. We hire someone to help in the community, and he's murdered doing his job. And Steve Leaper is the first guy out there to pick up plate glass windows that are shattered or bought up, a business broken into, and every time you take two steps forward, four steps back. So the city Pierval is more concerned about a cop using their word when arresting a criminal than a seventeen eighteen year old boy murdered in OTR disgusting. Let's continue with more up next. As an expert about Iran what America can do. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WULW, Cincinnati by Billy Cunningham, the great American of course, right now as I speak, book and left, right and in the Senator are some more and Randy and missiles heading toward Hypa. The situation that' given a two week reprieve to an extent by President Trump, who says he's going to allow the next two weeks to go buy to see what occurs. There's an upside on the downside to using the bunker busters, and whether or not Iran's next leader might be someone more radical than Iotola Koman. He's another issue to take into account. Joining you and I now is Nick Berg. And Nick Berg is an author. He was born in Tehran to an Iranian mother and an American father. Served in the US Special Operations. He's one of the few Americans who have firsthand experience of life inside Iran and also inside the US military. And Nick Berg, welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, Nick, can you tell the American people an overview as we speak this Friday afternoon, what is happening between Iran and Israel right now? Because many people only see this occasionally, at least in the Midwest. What is the status of the of the war right now?
Speaker 6: Thank you Bill for having me. I really appreciate it. So this few between and Israel goes back a long ways, back into the nineteen eighties when the Islamic Republic became Iran's government and became totally anti Israel. Before that, Israel and Iran were really good friends and the show Iran supported Israel, and they were part of the world community that wanted to see a peaceful Medle East. But there's some government in Iran right now has been trying. They have called for white in Israel off the map three or four times their old president, and they talked about that a number of times. And they are basically, if you ask me, they are completely the head of the snake for everything that's wrong in the Middle East, for everything from data that Isletanon and who's teaching Yemen. They are the financiers for all of the terrorism that goes on in that goes on in the world right now. And Israel basically got to a point that they couldn't wait any longer for anybody else do something. And they have a right to defend themselves. And this was completely a defensive back on the Israeli side, because they knew well that if Iran gets their hands on a nuclear weapon, they will use it. And they had the minibalistic missiles and all of that to carry O warheads straight into downtown Tel Aviv.
Speaker 1: And you know, many times we forget history. Until nineteen seventy nine, with the Shaw of Iran fell. Iran was a secular nation in which all religions were welcome to be practiced. It was perceived to be a friend of not just Israel, but of the United States, and all of a sudden there was some dissatisfaction with governmental policies, and Iotola Komyane was flown in from France to the revolution. And since then, one of the oddest things I noticed is that the leader of the Ietola Komane, who now runs Iran, is a religious leader who's calling for the death, destruction, the rape, and the murder of all kinds of men and women all over the world. I could not imagine Pope Yeah, Pope Leo the fourteenth calling for the murder of anybody. But talk about the religious aspects of this guy and how he wants to kill a whole bunch of people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he's no different than what we had during the Iraq War of isis taking over, raping and killing people and women and children and everybody else. That radical Islam, if we can call it that, it's it's it's basically based on the violence and based on all of that. So the reason you don't hear here Leo talk about that because Christianday comes from love and Jesus loving everybody, ant giving everybody. Since in Islam, if you're if you're a sinner, if you are somebody that doesn't believe in their religions, you're infidel, and they'll cut your head off. If you convert from Islam to any other religion, your head gets caught up. That's that's the normal thing. If you're if you're gay or anything that they don't approve of you, they throw you off the building. The woman get still in the middle of the in the ground, even for they call it for adulttry but for any reason, they could do these things. I lived there, I knew exactly what it was. I fought against the government. After the seventy nine revolution that happened, I had to get out of Iran. Because my execution note was up because while I was working with all the anti government in Iran to to overthrow the Islamic Republic. Unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to do that. But I'm really really hoping that today we can, we can have a new government in Iran and take you run back to its original roots, which are not Islamic. Most people don't do this.
Speaker 5: You run.
Speaker 6: Islam was forced on you run during the rab invasion when they took over Persia. I took what's called back then and they forced this law onto the to the Iranians before that, Iran has a rich history of helping other religious Cyrus. The Great was the one when he took over a battle on here released all the Jewish slaves all of there. And first the Equation of human Rights was written by the Persians, which is now in the Fritish Museum. This is not Iran, this is not the Iranian people. This government have been really really driving all of this violence and all of these things for the last forty years because they basically want to survive and they want to be.
Speaker 2: In power.
Speaker 1: The world right now, Nick Burd, those are great comments because the Persian Iranian people had hundreds of thousands of Jews, hundreds of thousands of Catholics, Christians, Atheists, whatever it might be. You lived your life. But after nineteen seventy nine that all change. Let me ask you this question. I watched everything that I can, and at some point it's got to be an article of faith even among Democrats, that the Eye Tootal cannot get a nuclear weapon, in which case you will use it. It is a death cult. They celebrate death, don't celebrate life. What happens if the Eye tot is taken down? Does the Iranian Revolutionary Guard take over and impose worse policies or does it go the other direction.
Speaker 6: I think it's going to go to the other direction. Right now, the crime Prince of Iran, the Shaff's son, he is ready to take over power. And he doesn't want another monarchy either. Hey make that very clear. He wants a three referendum for Iranian people to decide what kind of a government they want to breed. Secular government in Iran that can be part of the world. One of the things that we saw when President Trump went to his Middle East tour and went through all of these different countries. In Saudi Arabia, Yue and all of that. That showed the Iranian people how far they have fallen in the past forty years. Before the revolution, Iran was the right of the Middle East. I mean they were technologically advanced. They were. They would have wanted that everybody, every Arab nation in the Culf, in the Preshion golf would look up to them. Now, with this tour that the president made, and I think the timing was well planned, that showed if the whole world that where Iran could be and this is what they run and people want. They want a secular government. I'm in touch with a lot of people in Iran right now and I have conversations with them there is right now. The reason they cut off the internet in the last three or four days is because there's a lot of anti government chants that are happening. But they broadcast on TV and they show all of these people supporting Palestinians and supporting the government and all of that. That's a whole bunch of jump. They cut off the internet so people can't get the messages out that this government is almost done and they want a new sicular government.
Speaker 1: I pray to God that happens because to continue on this path of destruction, death, disease, of rape and murder is just h They are the head of the snake. For those who may not know, they funded Hezballah in Lebanon. They offended that they funded Hamas in so called Palestine or Gaza. They also funded the Hoodies in South Yemen. And they also have killed directly or indirectly thousands and thousands of American soldiers along with hundreds of thousands of Muslims. In fact, the number one victim of the Iola comane in this branch of Islam, the number one victim are fellow Muslims. What is mbs. Yeah, talk about the other Muslims in the Middle East and how they view Iran at this point with the Eyetola.
Speaker 6: Yes, absolutely absolutely, And I just don't understand some of the American politicisess. To be honest with you, Bill, I said when the time that through Obama, we gave you wrong for the millions of dollars that was shipped over there and all of that, all of that is supported us and his whole law and Gaza and that tyrannical regimes over there. Sometimes I can't watching this University, so that are protesting Israel and a love that innocent people are dying Goza and all of that. I get that. I understand what they're trying to stand about, and nobody wants to see in the people dying. But the case, you have to understand it. We stop bombing Berlin because the Nazis were in charge, because they are innocent people there. Didn't we just go in there and basically despoke Germany to root up and not to evil. This is the same thing that Israel'm doing in Godza today. And we have to support Israel in this process, and we have to support Israel in Iran and what they're trying to do.
Speaker 1: At this point, Uh, sitting here this Friday afternoon, I think Iran is trying to buy more time. And every day there's thirty to fifty new sites in Iran that are taken down by Israel, largely unguarded, unprotected. They taking down on the radar station. So at this point, if you give the Israelis another two weeks in order to degrade the military in Iran, I think that would be a positive. On the other hand, if we use these mothers of all bombs, if we use these bunker busters and they succeed, is that a problem? If they fail, is that a problem? Because if we leave Iran in control of the Aetola and give him two to four more years, there's no more question he's going to develop. He has the technology of the knowledge in order to develop nuclear weapons. They'll simply start again and again and again. Isn't it true to say that if we start negotiations in Geneva, Switzerland and this goes on, Okay, let's have a ceasefire with the Ietola in charge and let this thing drag out for another year or two, how does that benefit the world.
Speaker 6: It's isn't It doesn't. I don't think this government is capable of doing an negotiation in good faith. It just doesn't work. I mean, we still during about Clinton with North Korea. You know, everybody celebrated that North Korea was dismantling their nuclear weapons and all of that, and it took a year and a half to two years when North Korea had a newclear weapon. Now they're threatening South Korea and everywhere else in the world.
Speaker 4: That's just the.
Speaker 6: Same place right now. At this point, I'm really hoping that President Trump will make the right decision and destroy their capabilities one way or the other. There is no question. We have to destroy capabilities, either with bunker busters or anything else that we need to m Billa. One thing I wanted to mention because I heard them the news a lot of criticism, UH, people that support the president saying well he did he might give us into another war and all of that stuff. We have to trust the president on this. He has the right idea. He's driving this thing for the safety of the world, not just history, but for the safety of the world. Sometimes some wars we just can't alloyd and we have to get into it. So we have to trust this Jushmand right now. Yeah, we could have missed the right call and mix the right decisions. And if it means another war for the USB it, I think our truths are ready. We're ready to go and get rid of this minusla.
Speaker 1: Lastly, there's a hangover here in the States from what happened with the Iraqi war. I can still recall George Bush forty three saying that Sada Mussein had nuclear and had weapons of mass destruction and that this is a matter of the mushroom cloud over in New York City. If we don't do it. It turned out that what George Bush was saying about Iraq and I guess indirectly Afghanistan was wrong. It was incorrect. I don't know if they were lies, knowing there was something different when he said it. But there's a sense in America from Tucker Carlson and others that we can't get involved in another war in the Middle East. We can't put troops on the ground in Iran. It would be a disaster. He ask the American people, do you want your son and daughter to die somewhere in the desert of Iran. The answer is not just no, the answer is hell no. So having said that, can America and Israel win this war from the air without putting on ground troops in Tehran, which the American people would oppose.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, we can't do that. And one of the things that I would say, Iranian people are ready.
Speaker 4: To take charge.
Speaker 6: They just need to support the Iranian people are ready to topple this government and bring in the new government. We're almost there, and some of the things we just they just need to support up as President and the rest of the free world to make that happen. We got to stop talking about negotiations and all of that. We have to go and use those bunker buses and destroy their capability right now from the air. We don't necessarily have to put tooths on the ground, but we have the capability to support a thrill in and destroy any anything that's resemble some nuclear weapon. At this point and day RUNI and people would take it the rest of.
Speaker 1: The way, nick Berg, I pray to God that's the case. We can't live like this in Israel. I've been there. It's a wonderful place. It's a functioning democracy and returning Iran to its historical roots. Maybe the shaw Sun is ready to go, but the military in Iran must be further degraded, and somehow the people must arise themselves and say we can't live like this anymore. Nick Berg, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Nick you're a great American and the great Iranian. Thank you very much, and continue to have a great Friday afternoon.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Nick, I appreciate it. Brisk thank you so much.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Let's continue with more. And there you have it from Nick Berg, who lived in both locations for long periods of time. Understands the Iranian people. The effect of George Bush and Dick Cheney's false promises on Iraq and Afghanistan are hangover. Says to what we can do, Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW. Oh my goodness, that thing's massive. All right now? Yeah, oh yeah, you'd showed me a picture. Hello Byet Skulls. I'm broadcasting segment. The beloved Mayor of Cincinnati is criticizing Cincinnati police for using the F word when arresting criminals. That's the big issue in the city of Cincinnati. Did not use the F bomb, You know what I'm saying. Are there other problems maybe in ot R? Yeah, like like last night a sixteen year old dead. Yeah, And Steve told me I could mention this on there. Steve Leeper, as you know, runs three c DC. He is, he's hurt, he's angry, he's sorry, he's broken that one of his employees, seemingly is a good sixteen year old boy, was hired in the same summer time and now working in OTR. He's dead. And his father said, I can't believe this happened to my son. Sophomore is sixteen year old taffed high school, working two part time jobs, donating his time to diabetic concerns. I guess somebody in his family has diabetes and he found himself in OTR and he's dead. But the mayor's concerned with cops using the F word, of course when it rested criminals, and getting this haircut about a five hundred dollars apiece. We go to the same barber, by the way. That's a different story that segment. Are you outraged by this or not? Yes?
Speaker 2: At some point his foolishness has got to stop.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Also kent on Paul O'Neil about an hour ago. Yes, number twenty one, the man who kicked the ball should have been a placekicker in the National Football League. Go ahead. In November of nineteen ninety two, it gets a call yes from the Reds GM believe it was Bob Quinn who said, Paul, I have some news for you. We've traded Juju the New York Yankees. Paulie said, what for Roberto Kelly? And he said I didn't know what to say. I said, well, let me know when to report whatever. He tell us. His lovely wife, Nevilie they have three small children. And do you think a father wants to go live in New York City with three kids in nineteen ninety three? Correct?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Unhappy? Yeah, how'd that work out? Very well? How many? He's now a Yankee legend, he's a monument, Yes, Ruth, Gary Barah, Barah, Mannel Mantel Barah, Yeah, I got him. Reggie Jackson, Reggie Jackson, Derek Jeter, Derek Jeter, a rod Ay rod I'm not sure about him not in there? Who else? How about Miller Huggins, Yeah, him one of your good friends.
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: And how about Joelton, Joe DiMaggio, thank you, last man, I gave a shower or two? And Paul O'Neil. Now did that work out or not for Paulie? Yes? And then you just read something he's been a part of three perfect games? How about this one in baseball history? Yeah, to be part of the winning team of three perfect games, of course, mister perfect September sixteenth, nineteen eighty eight, number thirty two. Then David Wells nineteen ninety eight. Yes, and then later in the same season David kohne Be talking about a guy that that happy got traded. Yeah, thank you not at the time, and had and had a career, a career, and he's got a ring for every every every finger on his left hand. I think he told me he wants to give me his World Series ring from the Reds. Should I accept it? Why not? What's he going to do? He goes me, Oh, remember the bet we're supposed to take you to? Well, I said, I'll give up the dinner, just give me the ring. Last year, the Reds are playing in New York correct the Yankees?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I bet him, of course on the golf course. Yeah, but the Reds was sweep the Yankees. Yep, he said, There's no way on God's green Earth the Reds going into Yankee Stadium and sweep the Yankees. What happened? Sweep? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 1: I watch the double or nothing? This year? Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday? What should I do? What does that mean? You get two rings instead of one? I want both rings? I went the ring, Maybe the two thousand ring, that's what I want. I don't know what to tell you. He's coming to town Monday, right, Yeah, he's here, he's here now. But yeah, but the Reds are in Saint Louis. Say get me into the Studge report. You're making a fool of yourself. Will leave the Stooge reporters. Approach service of your local tame Star Heating and air conditioning dealers. Tame Star quality. You can feel a beautiful Southeastern Indiana called Joe Exstein at x Stein Heating at COOLi get eight one, two, nine, three, two, twenty twenty six arts. Thank you, Roxy and Uh, you'll need temp Star this weekend because it's gonna be what one hundred billion degrees here. I'm going to Naples next week because it's cooler in Naples than here. I got to cool off a little bit, you know what I'm saying. Reds kickoff a major three game series tonight against those Cardinals in Saint Louis. Meet me in Saint Lot six five a Sports Talk RNL carriers Inside Pitch and then Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inning Show after the game, Brady Singer, we'll go tonight for the Red Legs. Hope he's he's a little bit better than Nick Smiley Martinez. Not good. Nicky Smiles yesterday rock for seven runs and just two and two thirds innings. A joeld question, how we look it?
Speaker 2: Not good?
Speaker 1: Twins beat him around like it was throwing batting practice. Let's see NBA Finals former Dayton standout Obi Toppin off the bench with twenty points. Indiana downs Oklahoma City one O eight ninety one. Who wins on Sunday Night segment Game seven Sunday Night in Oklahoma City. I'm saying, Pacers all the way with Ted McKay. They're getting nine and a half points. By the way I'm going, I'm going with the I'm going with the Pacers, Okay. And then how about this high school football? What former Beachwood standout coach, no rash? What about Scott Teckett is back? What he's coming out of retirement?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: No rash? We've had him in here because then a couple about four or five years in a row. I'm always coming in with the state type, right, even when they don't win. He's going to take over at Connor after the death of their coach at Dave Tosper terrible seventeen years at Beechwood, two hundred victories, eight state championships. And is Connor the home of the Bulldogs? Am I right? I think the Cougars are they the Connor Cougars a lot of older women go there. I don't know. I don't know to go find out. Let's find out. Let's see. Also, good luck this weekend. I know these guys are going to be nice and cool. Roger Bacon Underwater Hockey Team. Eh, they're going to compete in the USA Underwater Hockey twenty twenty five US National Championships. What's in Denver, Colorado? What's underwater hockey? You go underwater and play hockey at the bottom of the pool. I used to tell my wife, let's go to the twin drive in theater and watch some submarine races. She bought it for about two trips.
Speaker 4: That was it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, You're sick. Thank you well. He also with the hot weather coming in the Student Reporters was also presented this week by ACR Gun Eyed Pools and Spas hit it call today swim this year thanks to Frank Zibel, it's going to be hotter than the Hinges of Hell segment. Now, what else that's about it? Fifty years ago today? What year? Fifty years ago today? Nineteen seventy five, Jaws the movie was released. Steven Spielberg. Of course, Cincinnati, remember that Spielberg, Cincinnati, Jaws, I saw that pretty good stuff. I like that stuff. That's why I don't go in the ocean. I don't like the ocean that has sharks. I saw seventy five feet right, not good saltwater. I don't like any of it. Fifty years ago today today, Jaws, I saw that the movie release. Did you see it originally? I saw him? Yeah, I thought about two or three times, and it was in Toledo when I saw oh, oh, wait a minute, now, sounds like an executive from iHeartMedia. Meet me in, meet me in skips. Here we go like DJ Hodge can't have time to see me in skips when you get off the air, I'm not coming. This is the music he plays in the background. In fact, Cindy, it skips see more people far than anyone I know. I think this is his ring tone. You're ready in the next n gol DJ, and this this music starts coming.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Ain't that getting ready? DJ's warming up? I don't know what to tell you. Well, the next six games are critical, Well, you got three, they don't play them well well, and Saint Louis is kind of stinking up the place before they swept the doubleheader, but any you know, your Madera bull Tangs could have beaten the White Sox. By the way, the Yanks are coming, Andrew ben Attendi looks like he's available via trade. Say that again. The White Sox I think are going to unload five years seventy five mil. I'm not sure it works here if he would come here, you know what may that happen? The guy that they probably should get is Luis Robert. What they should do is they should have never let that guy what's his name Byron Buxton. They should have left, never let him left town yesterday. Well, you let off like every game with a home run, and we want that guy get that good though, Well, the fact is there. I don't know what to say. They got that McLean's hitting the ball now and they and they get to the All Star break, Well, you got three in Saint Louis not good. The Yanks come to town Tuesday, Wednesdays coming next Friday, Saturday and Sunday with the big Red Machine reunion weekend. You got the San Diego Padres who had a fight last night with the Dodgers, got into it, both managers going out of each other. You see Roberts last night. Oh he pushed the other guy you out to get suspended to spend them all and then uh, then they go to Boston not good. Uh, and then Red Sox and then I think the Phillies philis go to the Phillies the face off against Middletown zone Kyle Schwarber. Pretty good lineup there. When did they go back and play color the week before the All Star break? Let's play them. I think they played Miami and Colorado's before play the All Star Game. If they don't win every game in that in that week, that's it. That'd be like Muller High School in baseball playing deer Park in baseball. At this point, you got to be deer Park, would you agree?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are they're deer Park in nineteen seventy seven? Well, look at what in the state title. We'll look at that one thing. I mean, they lost to Miami in Washington in a road trip I believe earlier this year. That's how those are the kind of games. See, they were good against the teams last year that were that the Yankees, Phillies and everything else that were good. They stunk against the teams that's stunk. And you stink when you should go well and you go, well, you stink they can go. That's sure. They're stinking in going. Well, you don't know what's going to happen, that's for sure. They got a winning record though, Well that's right now they do hopefully keep going. What about that, Well, let's keep going. What if they go three and three the next six? Would you accept that? I know the Well yeah, i'd accept three in stree. So well, they just got to keep winning series. That's all they got to do. O'Neil's got to give me two World Series rings. At the Red sweep the Yankees again, I thought you were supposed to go out to dinner. At dinner, he gives me the ring. Well, how can he do it? If he's in town and you're in Florida. He'll be avoiding me like the plague if I win again. I mean last time he made me the bet on the dinner. Couldn't find him with a search ware for several months. Then he surfaced at Kenwood, said, you're finally back. I used to give maybe you take it a dinner down there at the dining room and g A, that's pretty good stuff down there. It is good you like it because it's free. Now pay do you? Yeah? She didn't charge me anything. She charges you. That's the way, because it's you and versus me. I mean, I'm like Rinaldo walking around. They call me c R seven, that's what they call me. My wife thinks that look look like Christianna Ronaldo. That's what she says. I thought she said it looked like mouse. Give me out a stution for that was disrespectful. Will he had out our other go reds and a hot weekend ahead. You know I'm going south to cool down. We leave you with the ivordal words of the stew report. Well, the object in any sport is to get better as the season goes along. I don't care if you're playing Timley wins. You got to figure out a way to get a little bit better as the season moves along. That's a wise comment right there. That's why the Cowboys the cow He's funny, Yes, he is funny, man. I think Tommy Throll is doing a great job also, yes, or good team up? Yep. But Paul O'Neill on the Yankees Entertainment System and y E S Network tonight, correct, how do you do after it? Traded. Why did the Reds trade Paul O'Neil? Can you tell me? I had no idea, I can't I know when it happened. And I'm thinking what Roberto Kelly. Well, Roberto Kelly I think was pretty good way back when, or he had a crowd of good years prior to that, but in New York. But the Yankee stunked from like now he's nineteen eighty until nineteen ninety five, and then and then he's a then big, big Paul O'Neill becomes a legend, Yankee legend, a monument. Garig Ruth, DiMaggio, Farah Jackson and Paul O'Neill. And who did the retch trade in that group? I'm thinking pot Rose lou goes from there to hear we send the manager there and their best player, paul O Knight. What do we get back Roberto Kelly and a bag of balls? He's probably he's been out of baseball, probably for years. I don't know if he's still alive. Segment Thank you by the way. Now after two o'clock we have judged Josh Berkerwitz coming up from Hamley County Court to talk about the refusal of the Clerk of Courts Pavon Periq to follow the law. Now, Pavan Perik was admonished by the Democrat and Republican judges in Hamley County and the Court of Appeals and by the High Supreme Court. They stood his one to say you can't do what you're doing, stop doing it. So Pavan Perik is now in the radar system of the High Supreme Court and he's a lawyer who refuses to follow the law. But we'll make sure he does. Segment. Well, then you know what that means, right, justice is Joe Joe Dieters or Justice Joe jj Eaters, also known as the man who makes the putts a number eighteen of Clovernook when he has to in front of the ry Harry Alexander. He's a player. Bill Cunningham one fifty five HOMEO REDS News Radio seven hundred WLW by Billy Cunningham, the great American. Of course, how many many months ago I had on a judge from Hamley County to presiding judge the Municipal Court, Judge Josh Berkowitz, who found himself in an odd position. And normally the Clerk of Courts is the creature so to speak, of keeping public records. And normally when a clerk of courts is elected and the judges of Hamley County, Democrat and Republican say, hey, clerk, you're not doing your job. You can't union otily decide to take out of the public domain public records. Most clerk of courts would have said, you know, your honor, your judge, I can't anticipate people are going to follow the orders that I issue unless I follow orders issued to me. And at this point the Hamony County Clerk of Courts, a guy named Pavan Perik, said no to the judges, and so Judge Berkowitz, representing all the judges of Hamlony County Municipal Court, sought to have a meeting with next tell us what you're thinking here, because you're taking out of the public domain public records and refuse to meet with them. So then lawsuits were filed, resulting in a unanimous High Supreme Court decision Democrat and Republicans in Columbus saying to the clerk of course in Hamley County, hey, by the way, you can't do that, and so joining you and I now is the same judge Josh Berkowitz started this thing about a year ago, and Judge Burkerwitz, first of all, for those who may not remember a year back, can you tell the American people what this dispute was about?
Speaker 4: Sure? Thanks Bill, Thanks for having me on. It's always good talking to you. This all started back in twenty twenty two, and the Supreme Court really brought it to a conclusion this week with that unanimous decision that you mentioned, and they just flat out shut it down. They really rejected what I think can be characterized as a progressive path or grab by our Clerk of Courts in Hamilton County. What he did here was assert his authority as the clerk of courts over any court record, and an issue in this case specifically, was he removed tens of thousands of municipal court eviction records from his website without any notice, without any authorization. We learned about it from a Cincinnati Enquirer article. And what he asserted could be applied to any court records. As the clerk, he gets to pick winners and losers, that he gets to decide what the public's entitled to see and what the public shouldn't know about. It's entirely contrary to the text of the Ohio Constitution and Ohio law and really the entirety of the American legal tradition. You know, the Ohio Constitution right in it says courts are open, they are presumed to open. That includes court records, and to restrict that is a judicial decision. It's got to be based on facts, it's got to be based on evidence, and it's got to be in the records so that somebody can appeal, somebody can object. And none of that happened here. He just asserted this, this blanket authority. It was a really brazen political stunt, and it's cost the taxpayers of Hamilton County eighty thousand dollars in legal fees so far, and it's really it was all really really unnecessary.
Speaker 1: And Judge Berkowitz, it began, I guess, with the idea that the clerk at courts, uniquely in Ohio, said that I will be the decider as to whether court records are open or closed to the public. It'll be up to meet to decide. And so you must have when you first heard this, you must have said, that's not well. He can't be saying that, is it true that you sought to have an eyeball to eyeball meeting with him. You representing as a presiding judge. All the judges Amwiny County Democrat and Republican, And what happened with the request let's get together and talk about this so I can hear what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, judges are not. We were not picking a fight here. We wanted nothing to do with this kind of conflict. My colleagues, fourteen judges on the municipal court tried for a lengthy period of time to try to resolve this thing in a reasonable fashion and agreeable way. I became the administrative and presiding judge in January of twenty twenty four, and I really thought, if I just could get a face to face with this guy, that we could communicate. He's an attorney, you know, Clerks of court are not required to be attorneys, but he is a lawyer, and so I just felt like, if we just sit down and go over the law as I understood it and kind of discussed the circumstances, that we could reach some sort of resolution to this thing. And he refused to meet with me. I mean this went on for a long time. Everybody who looked at it, as far as I know, and obviously in court, every judge that looked at it rejected his position as entirely contrary to law. And at every opportunity he doubled down. He doubled down over and over and over again, including as recently as in response to this decision, he put his office put out a statement, you know, making excuses and claiming to be the good guy, and well, the system's broken and therefore the cirk of courts was right to conceal all these records from the public view. And it's just completely unsupported by the facts, the evidence, and eighty thousand dollars in legal fees later. I think you ought to do the right thing. Frankly, Bill, I think he ought to pay it back. I don't think the taxpayers should have to foot the bill for all this. Pay it back, do the right thing.
Speaker 1: And the essence of this was he wanted to keep out of the public domain eviction records of a person previously evicted so that they could more easily get to run an apartment. I guess is that the essence of this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there was a little bit of moving goalposts on that on that issue, And like I told you, he never sat down with me ever, so I you know, I can't tell you exactly what he was thinking. But the argument kind of evolved in court. First of all, this was all eviction records older than three years, so without regard to what happened in the case, you know, was it granted, was it not granted? What? None of that mattered. He removed all these records from his website, and the first justification was, well, you could come down and look at the paper record at the courthouse.
Speaker 1: Problem we had with that.
Speaker 4: Is, first of all, he doesn't have the authority to do that. Second, in this community, we've relied for more than thirty years on the clerk's website, and clerks from for three decades have touted it as easy and accessible to use, and people who looked at the website once he did this would have no idea that there was a record missing, that it had been removed, and that they had to go downtown to look for it. So it was a complete you hide from the public sort of maneuver. And then it kind of evolved in court where he changed it a little bit, where it wasn't protecting people who had been evicted. He said that these records, these court records, led to misidentification and the denial of employment and housing based on race or religion. And one of the things that the Court of Appeals found was that he never presented any evidence whatsoever to support that conclusion. He never presented any evidence. He never even had a complaining party somebody who asked him to do this. It was entirely his policy, his agenda. He put it in court.
Speaker 1: He incurred this expense in the First District Court of Appeals. Are all democrats. There's a democratic judge on the Ohio Supreme Court Towne for Brunner, who agreed with you. In fact, there's no legal argument available that says the clerk at courts can union only decide to not put in the public domain the eviction wreckers or other records after previous to three years. It doesn't exist. And the fact that he's an attorney as Pavani is another great concern, because do you think right now he's complying with the High Supreme Court.
Speaker 4: Yes, he has restored those records. During the course of this appeal, he sought a stay of the First District's decision. So that he could keep that information off his website while the case while the appeal was pending. They rejected that. This was a couple months back, and so my understanding is he has restored those records. They are all now available on their website appropriately.
Speaker 1: Eighty one thousand dollars to the detriment later of the taxpayer. Lastly, I think I know how the pecking order of the courthouse works. Normally, if a judge, much less the presiding judge elected by Democrats and Republicans, as for a meeting, it would be impossible. I think for someone in maintenance, someone in the probation apartment, someone in the clerk's office is say I'm not meeting with you. And it's not a personal affront. It is the fact that the building is to Haminy County Courthouse, and the judges run the courthouse, and the judges run what happens inside the courthouse, and so to have for the first time in American history a clerk of court say, now, wait a minute, I'm going to violate the law purposely as an attorney. I'm not going to meet with the judges to explain why I'm doing it. In fact, I'm going to go to court, lose and cost the taxpayer eighty one thousand dollars. Then when I lose after about a year, I'm going to put some snarky response on my website knowing or should have known, that I'm violating the law. Has anyone thought about a taxpayer's lawsuit against him to get the money back. I'm thinking of someone like, I don't know, a Tom Brinkman type, or a Chris Finney or someone to say he violated a known law, costing his money and now an acknowledge and the fact he was wrong. Is this a Chris Finny matter to get the money back?
Speaker 4: Well, I can tell you I don't think the taxpayers should have to put the bill for this. I think he should pay it back. I think he should take responsibility for what he did, admit he was.
Speaker 1: Wrong, and pay the money back.
Speaker 4: I think that we as a court absolutely are going to look into what we can do to recover that money. And I think if I was, I mean I am a taxpayer, and I think the taxpayers ought to be mad in multiple respects. Obviously they're paying for this, but you know, bill court records are important, and that's why they're written into the Ohio Constitution. Public records are important. This is how the public keeps tabs of their elected officials. This is how they know what's going on in their community, and this is how they judge. You know, is this Are these public officials effective? Are they efficient? Are they fair? Are they responsible with tax dollars? And that's why we have sunshine laws. That's why we have open courts in Ohio and around the country. And I think that that can't be overstated or overlooked. It's also why, you know, politicians have a favorite target in records. They love going after records because it's an effective way to manipulate opinion, to advance a certain policy or agenda, to do exactly what I said, to pick winners and losers. If you can control those records and who sees them, then you can really shift public sentiment on any number of issues.
Speaker 1: Now, the guy's name is Pavan Perik. He's the elected clerk at courts in Hamlet and County. As an attorney, he violated a known law, prosecuted it to a large extent, cost him the taxpayers eighty one thousand dollars in more, and now having lost, he doesn't even acknowledge his own wrongdoing, he simply moves on to the next task. Who's a judgment. I I'm certain about how he's going to exercise it. But Judge Josh Burkowitz, representing the court system, the Hamony County Municipal Court, judges Democrats and Republicans, First District Court of Appeals all Democrats sided, of course with you. High Supreme Court unanimously said you can't do that instead of accepting it. But Pavon Perik said, well, I mean I tried my best when he knew he was lying the entire time about the legality of what he was doing. But Judge Josh Burkelewitz, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Good luck with this guy. There's going to be more problems in the future. But Judge Burkelewitz, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Bill. I appreciate your time.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Let's continue with more. Can you imagine a public official telling the judges of Hamilty County, all of them, Number one, I'm going to violate the law. Number two, when I do it, I'm not going to meet with you. And number three, I'm going to appeal this case for the next year or two and cost the taxpayer money, then one I lose. I'm simply going to obviate or avoid obvious acknowledgment of what the law is to his own. I don't know what he's thinking about. His name is Pavan Perik, elected Clerk of Courts at Hamilton County. Wow, let's continue, Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred. Wow are moving closer? You believe the US is moving closer to striking Iranian nuclear facilities? Where's your mindset on that?
Speaker 7: I can't say that right. You don't seriously think I'm going to answer that way. Will you strike the Iranian nuclear component?
Speaker 1: And what time exactly?
Speaker 5: Sir?
Speaker 8: Sir?
Speaker 1: Would you strike it? Would you please inform us so we can be there and watch. I mean, you don't know that I'm going to even do it.
Speaker 4: You don't know.
Speaker 1: I may do it, I may not do it. I mean, nobody knows what I'm going to do. I can tell you this that.
Speaker 7: Iram's got a lot of trouble and they want to negotiate. And I said, why didn't you negotiate with maybe for all this death and destruction?
Speaker 1: Why didn't you nego?
Speaker 7: I said to the people Why didn't you negotiate with me two weeks ago?
Speaker 6: Hello, quiet, and I'm spokes I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Cocky. So many issues, so little time, chaos and Trump announced when Yeah, of course that's what the meaning you learned, you know, June to sixth, nineteen forty four. Tell him. Eisenhower should have called over to Rome out off Rommel and said, hey, hey Edwin mom, we're coming for you six am sharp, get ready, uh French time six am June to six, nineteen forty four. Of it's a good death form. I got you. I have some questions for you. Rock fire Away. Day after day after day we saw your your good friend, guy Gavin k news from the governor of California talk about illegal threat to democracy. Trump can't take control of all California National Guard. He's extra judicial. He's a dictator. Remember that, yes yesterday and the unanimous Ninth Circuit US Court OFA. Now for the Ninth Circuit to get a unanimous San Francisco head San Francisco, would they say, yeah, he do that within his The media covered that to the extent that covered the other part. No. Secondly, here's the second question Ice in Homeland Security had about twenty vehicles, and they needed a place to quote stage the vehicles, to get the other talk about the plan. They go into a parking lot of Chavez Ravine Dodger Stadium at eight o'clock AM Pacific Standard time, which is five o'clock.
Speaker 8: And they do this because there's not exactly a lot of vacant land in La So the biggest place where we can park a bunch of cars is meet there, Dodger Stadium, right there in parking.
Speaker 1: So they pull in and they're talking to each other. You do this, you do that. The Dodger game is twelve hours away. Now the media gets someone calls somebody, Hey, Ice is staging arrated Dodger Stadium plaque. In the morning. It's empty, empty, nobody's there, not even the workers, nobody. So the media. Then the activists show up to surround the areas so they can't get out. The media says, now there's a dispute between the Dodgers. The Dodgers want to help. They quote immigrant community, not the illegal immigrant community, but they're so called immigrant community. Is that a big story? It's it's a big story, but it's not being reported properly.
Speaker 8: Really, they showed up at eight am to they made a sound that they showed up outside the gates as they're getting ready to let people in for the Dodger game. So reson, that's not what happened at all? The angels. Do the facts matter? No, of course, of course, So then what are you talking about.
Speaker 1: We weren't there, Homeland Security said, and I suppose said, we were surrounded by activists. Have you seen the activists holding onto the hoods of ice vehicles. It's the best thing I've known when Yeah, normally they're fat white women with purple hair, right, and they're screaming out, hollering, and so I'm thinking, Okay, they're saying, we're not going to stay your raid. Before Dodgers came with fifty four thousand people, we hit a staging area to get together the vehicles to go somewhere else. That that that's not a story though, But the other story fits correct.
Speaker 8: But every poll out there says this is what people want. You know, start with the criminals.
Speaker 1: Is there a different segment between legal and illegally? Is it the immigrant community or is it the illegal immigrant community with warrens for their arrest? Does the media report it that way? All depends on your outlook. Now, lastly, rock and Bled, you brought that up. There's a quarterback for Mueller who beats sant next this year. I might d named Ponatowski, who's really good, very good. And I guess they have this competition to the Elite eleven fight.
Speaker 8: That's that's where the top quarterbacks around the country going to compete.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he went there and just shine according to the inquiry, Yes, what do you think about that?
Speaker 8: Still monitoring this story here, But now that's good. He's got a big decision make. He was also the top baseball player in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 1: So what do you do now?
Speaker 8: I can test that I've heard he wants to do both there. I don't think there's any way not to go to the schools he wants to go to. If he's look, he's looking at Oregon, he's looking at Alabama, a few other schools that there's no way he can play both at those schools.
Speaker 1: Not not in play quarterback. It can't happen. Why not? Because you're Sanders.
Speaker 8: You're gonna tell Dan Lanning, the head coach of Oregon, I'm not gonna be here for all of spring practice. You know, we're organizing things. I got were playing baseball and say no.
Speaker 1: We're gonna pay you two or three million dollars. That's another factor. Correct, of course, it's a factor Vegas one right now. But by the way, I'm glad you brought that up.
Speaker 8: So so according to the NCAA case that got settled was that a month ago, athletic departments can pay twenty and a half or so million dollars to all their student athletes or to any you know in their whole athletic department. Question is gonna be how much are they still going to allow? Side and il deal side?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know what about Matt Race? Is a side deal somewhere. I'm not sure what it is. But how about that? I got a text from Maller's Faithfully you ready for this one? Yes, tell the rock here we go. Tell the rock that uh that Upontowski has offers to play football and baseball at four big time schools. Tell the rock what you just said. Tell the rock right there? Tell the rock. Tell the rock is.
Speaker 5: That from.
Speaker 1: That number? Tell him what they want. But fourteen school they're not gonna let him do both. I hope it happens that'd be great. Would you be shocked? I would be not because he can't do it.
Speaker 8: It's just that, I mean, the quarterback position is the amount that falls on the on that position is unbelievable. The reps you gotta they have to take to do that, and to say I'm gonna miss a lot of spring ball to do that play baseball. Yeah, I'm just saying it's gonna be tough. If he can do it, God bless them.
Speaker 1: The president of the Maler Dad's he's got four offers accepting his parameters.
Speaker 8: Your reaction, I'm saying, they're they're gonna tell him what they want to want him to hear to get him there.
Speaker 1: And then they're, well, you know, three million dollars and you knowing about that, Matt, what do you think three million would he be a better football or a baseball player in the pros.
Speaker 8: See, I'm not seen him play baseball. I've not been to a baseball game. I've seen him play football, and he's very very good and he's only a junior. Yeah, I he rakes in baseball. The kid hits the cover off, the ball, plays shortstop, the whole deal.
Speaker 2: But another.
Speaker 1: According to Muller, high school. He will only go to schools if they agree ahead of time to play both, and all the schools will agree correct, Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, I'll you Alabama's roll Tide. Yeah, that's okay, and they start.
Speaker 8: Within the four year period by the time his senior year happens.
Speaker 1: If he's playing both, Matt, Matt's got a big decision to eat your hat. Yes, you'll eat my hat. Yes, gotta get one. Yeah, segment give he said one. He got on and played golf with. How about Paul O'Neil? How about this story? Big had him on an hour and a half ago. You did? Damn I didn't hear that twelve thirty a time. You know, he's a Columbus kid, kind of a country boy. Comes down, He goes to Crossley Field and it's in the sun deck. His dad takes a picture of him with a guy named Roberto Clementing in the background wearing number twenty one, and Paul turns to his daddy's seven years old and said, Dad, I want to play for the Reds and wear number twenty one. Yeah, it says what happens? Yeah, okay, fue Yeah, we'll see yeah, all right. Years go buy drafted by the Reds in nineteen eighty five, right, and he's playing for the Reds and he's wearing number twenty one. It was available, he took number twenty one. Lifelong Reds fan. Then then in nineteen ninety three, your friend Bob Quinn Paul's PAULI at home and says, Paul, you've been.
Speaker 8: Traded to the Yankees. Here's the bad news. First thing, you've even traded. The good news, you're going to the Yankees.
Speaker 1: But in Paul's perspective, how was New York to live and with a wife and three kids in nineteen ninety three? Yeah, he said, what do you mean? Is this a joke? You know, it's not. Who's coming here? Tell him say Roberto Kelly. Whatever happened to him? So he's unhappy. I don't want to go. I got three kids, my wife Nevilliere, very religious, living in New York City with three kids. Would you do that rock with your three boy with your three boys? I don't think he had a choice. That's what he wanted. Would you do it though? If you?
Speaker 8: If you, yeah, of course you have to. What if you had a choice. I got very lucky. The four teams I played for. None of them were like big in New York.
Speaker 1: City at night.
Speaker 8: I would have hated that about dated it David Dinkins, Indianapolis, Kansas City, and Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: And then he said, okay, okay, I'm trading how many rings? He's now a total of five New York City. Here we are hanging in their life as a tendency to work itself out there. Tell them, tell them about the monument. Who's in the monuments? Ruth, Gary Demaggio, Barrett whitey Ford, Bara Mickey, Mickey Mantle and Paul O'Neill.
Speaker 2: See it now.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to laugh, but I'm thinking, I know every.
Speaker 8: Time you you have him on and you tell me this, it's still got rid of him.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that guy the worst trade they ever made.
Speaker 8: Worst in fact, in that whole like sanctuary thing, they have Babe O'Neil Micky number and they retired his number number twenty one.
Speaker 1: Jeters there, what a fantastic life. Name him Duncan? How about Duncan? Not bad? Right bad? And then he was what he played in three perfect games. Only player in baseball history, mister perfect, perfect game. David Cone perfect game, David Wells only player, and in two of the three he caught the last ball. He said, the ball's coming to me. I'm going, Oh, we got rid of him. We don't want him. And he had a nice home and Montgomery still does, kept his house here and comes in down then and uh, I said, was that a good move or a bad movie? He said, it was the worst thing in my life in nineteen ninety three. By twenty oh three, it was the best thing that ever happened. Hey, that's the thing they know and why yes, Yankee legend on, Yes, he's like Jeff Brantley to the to the I told Segma story when I'm doing my TV show and I Paul said, can I come by and watch that? I said, sure. It's like twenty thirteen, twenty fourteen. He comes in the back way and we have a sales stand. We had eighty five ninety people. He walked out and when of Paul went this guy with front of mine. I want to say a few words. You would thought Ronaldo had arrived.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 1: I said, I didn't know you were this big in New York. And the ladies were going nuts, like when you when you or I get around women. You know how that goes. Yeah, they go nuts. You should have seen this. It was like, you know, Paula and you.
Speaker 9: I said, yeah, twenty years yeah, oh my god. And they're like, he used to play for the Reds Reds And I asked him, I said, are the Yankees looking forward to playing the Reds Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday?
Speaker 1: He said yeah, And we've lost six of the last seven. So he still comes back here. Oh yeah, he comes in about once a month. And we played golf. He played the Michael, but he belongs to Ken. Wouldn't we go out there with Mike Lane and Walt Sweeney and we go play golf. And I used to get in suicide. Now he gives me one aside. So it's the way it is. But the worst day of my life. Now I'm with Babe Ruth.
Speaker 8: He's got to hang in there, man, hang in the order will make things happen for you if you hang in.
Speaker 1: There, American, you gotta go where you gotta go.
Speaker 8: Where life is kind of the direction that's nudging you don't exist.
Speaker 1: It just kinda And just how many players have five rings? Not many? Say your reaction, Well, he the Studia reporters and proud Service, every local Thamestar heating and air conditioning dealers, Thamestar Quality. You can feel a greater Cincinnati called Corey a precision comfort at five one three nine, four one two And indeed at this weekend, Willie, because it's gonna be hot, hot, hot outside. I'm going to Naples Reds and Cardinals tonight in Saint Louis, speaking of the Big River. How about Sammy Sosa last night for the first time in twenty years. Yeah, he's at greg Leyoga, goes back to Wrigley Field. It looks a little different. It looks like he's shined up or something. I'm not sure what it is. Bleached. I don't know. Is that bleach? I think so? My mistake er on purpose? I can't say. Brady Singer goes for the Reds tonight six oh five Sports Talk, Rnel Carriers Inside Pitch and then Kelsey Chevrolet Extraiting show after the game. Now it's winner go home on Sunday.
Speaker 4: This is it.
Speaker 1: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma the site the Pacers v Thunder in game seven and.
Speaker 8: Twenty minutes or something last night, right, and they still be topping to scored twenty points.
Speaker 1: They were up by uh they held a thirty one point lead at one point in the second half. Over smoked him. You want to make a bet on that segment. If you're an in and opis kind of guy, I'll take Okay, See, I'll give you the pacers for a hot pudg Sunday.
Speaker 8: Youre gonna owe me one and now I don't I don't know enough about basketball.
Speaker 1: I'm taking the home team in games. I'll we'll take yeah, sag, Yeah, you don't have the guts, Rock, You don't have the guts.
Speaker 8: Say you got about five and a half weeks before you owe me that hot pudge Sunday from Bill Belichick.
Speaker 1: Let's not bring him up, Okay, Bill Belichick, we're not a coach for the tar Heels. Write that down, Seg. You're writing that down. Write that down. Ye get me out of the Stuture report, please, will he Everybody have a good weekend and we go Reds. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report. Next week's highway patrol story is a very unusual one.
Speaker 6: I hope you'll be with us until then. Remember it isn't the car that kills, it's the driver. This is Brederick Crawford saying see you next week.
Speaker 1: Let's get rid of Paul O'Neil, he can't play, bringing Roberto Kelly on news radio seven hundred ww