Speaker 1: Views and opinions expressed by the guests that Sasquatch Experience do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the host, sponsors, or affiliates of the Sasquatch Experience. As always, listener discretion is advice.
Speaker 2: We got some one or something crawling around out your see what it was?
Speaker 3: Was it a person or an animal? Or I can't know.
Speaker 2: All I know that my underway came on and I did have a glimp and say this thing running across the yard a goodbye man or.
Speaker 4: A company looked like the man.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 3: Back in two thousand and five, we set out with one goal to give voice to the mystery and those who pursue it. Sasquatch Experience podcast has been your go to source for serious Bigfoot discussion, where we separate fact from folklore. Always grounded in research and respect. We've interviewed eyewitnesses experts since to like because understanding Bigfoot isn't just about belief, It's about the journey. Nearly two decades later, we're still chasing shadows and sharing stories. The search never stopped. Welcome to the Sasquatch Experience.
Speaker 4: Hello, hit somebody out of here and good evening everyone. Welcome to the Sasquatch Experience for Monday, June twenty seventh, twenty twenty six. I can't believe that we're already at the end of July. Guys. Here we are this year almost done. And I don't know about you, guys, but I really feel like I've gotten shit done for research this year for my own personal repertoire. I guess.
Speaker 2: No shit done or you didn't get shit done.
Speaker 4: No, now, listen, Matt and I are more fall type researchers anyhow, Maan, look as we were bigger men and enjoy the cooler seasons of fall and winter. But but hopefully it hasn't been very active in terms of reports coming through either. I mean, we've had some, but not as as many as years past. So I think we're kind of on the downward slope again, or you know, we just have folks that aren't reporting them right now. And that's always a possibility. And that's not everywhere, that's just here in the Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Our guest tonight Mike Hartman. Good friend. Mike and I met on a podcast someone else's hosting a couple of years ago, and we got a lot in common. We really approached the subject in the same way. And I'll tell you he's hilarious and when you get him started, he's hard to stop. So Mike comes to us from the Buckeye State. He does a lot of research in Ohio. Not limited to Ohio, but does a lot of research there predominantly. He's also the driving force behind the Bigfoot at right now, which is a pretty unique tool, and we'll let Mike talk about that here just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Mike, thanks for joining us tonight. My friend didnesuya No, I just like moving my lips and not making sound. I'll just mess with you. It's cool to be here. It's glad to be here. It's I mean, you guys got a great show, so I'm glad to be here.
Speaker 4: Oh, we appreciate that. Not everybody agrees. But we've been doing it for twenty years this year, Mike, twenty years of Sasquatch experience. And you know it's funny. We got a comment on our YouTube page that do you have to use the same uh nine call the Sasquat chronicles for the record. Listen, We've been around longer and I've used the nine to one one call longer, so don't mistake no one's got a monopoly on it. Hell, we don't even know if it's real. I mean, we know the call is real, but we don't know if the subject is real. So let's just enjoy it for what it is, a fun piece of potential bigfoottery, and we're using it for entertainment purposes, and it's off if you don't like it, that's all I have to say that respect. I'm a little fired up tonight, guys, Today has not gone as planned. We've dropped two co hosts tonight. As you can see. That's all right though, Vance's kitchen blew up and Henry that's a trend and Henry is under the weather tonight. So above and beyond that, Matt. We did have our executive producer down at the Smoking Mountain Bigfoot conference this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yes, and Brian gave us a play by play that entire time. So lots of pictures, lots of great reviews coming from Brian. And then we had so my wife watches a lot of these videos about Gatlinburg Pigeon Forge area, and there's a YouTuber that we follow. His name is Tampa Jay. If anyone's ever heard of Tampa Jay, great guy and he loves anything having to do with bigfoot and sasquatch. I posted a it was probably about an hour long video of Tampa Jay at the conference. Really gave another perspective because we're getting Brian's perspective, and we know Brian, you know, he's an awesome, awesome bigfoot guy, but then hearing from Tampa Jay, who's basically, you know, someone who's just learning about this, it really gave a great perspective. So we look at things that when we do any sort of shows or events that what he found to be interesting we could use, uh you know, through some of the evidence and some of the uh you know, just encounters that that we've had or we've investigated, that we could incorporate that better for people again, you know that aren't coming in as bigfoot experts, but you know, someone coming in off the street with just a general knowledge. It's absolutely perfect. And like I said, having those two perspectives from both Brian and from from this guy, Tampa Jay was outstanding.
Speaker 4: Absolutely and we're going to get Brian's content posted to our Patreon soon and then get some sort of way to display it to the viewers here on probably on next show we'll get a little recap put together. I know we're a little bit of distant for time, but you know, uh do want to get that because it's great to have somebody associated with the show. We had a great time when we went a few years ago. It did. We enjoyed ourselves in Gatlinburg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, and now they have a a flavor town market, so we got to go back.
Speaker 4: Baker's obsessed with Guy Fierry and uh, well, Paula Dean too, I got pictures. Yeah, oh god, and that's well no, yeah, no, okay, And we're going to segue from that from uh and to tonight's topic. So, Mike, we're glad you're with us. Man, you've been going after Bigfoot in Ohio for how long now, A pretty decent time.
Speaker 2: In the field thirty years in the book forty.
Speaker 4: So you're not a newbie to this field. And I think you know regionally, I think you're well known, Mike. And as we get listeners from all over the UK, New Zealand, all over, tell them how you got started into this, Mike? How did you get bought into Bigfoot and what's kept you going for so long?
Speaker 2: So growing up they when I went to elementary school, adhd all that stuff didn't exist. You were either learning disabled or you were normal. And I got put in the learning disabled class. So one day we were going to the library and we're down there, were looking around here this old car, and I find a book by John Green called On the Trail of Bates Foot, and I ended up. So I may have not been learning disabled, but I was a delinquent because I stole the book. I checked it out, it never went back. In the middle of that book.
Speaker 4: I got the same thing. I will also admit we're both the Linquits together in that respect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I owe Elmwood Elementary like eighty thousand dollars in late we use probably I hope they never tried to collapse. But in the middle of that book was that picture, you know, the famous picture of Patty. And that picture captivated me. It just burned into my memory for some reason, like imprinted on me. And it wasn't so much the photo with the self. It was everything around the photo. What is what what am I looking at?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 2: What does it do? What does it eat, does it eat?
Speaker 4: Does it you know?
Speaker 2: Where does it live?
Speaker 5: What? So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the questions at that young age. And and then it was later that dad discovered that. Actually he went to the school and like almost had my principal by the throat and told him he's not learning disabled. You guys are teaching disabled because if he wants to learn it, he will learn it. You're just not captivating him because I could recite every newspaper article. If you asked me about that book, I can tell you what page the sentence was on and I could complete it for you. I just got so absorbed into it. So for me, it started in the third grade eighty three, eighty four somewhere in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And it's something I noticed about you when we were doing that podcast together, as you were very like on point with the faction. I think we were talking about the DNA study from Catch Them or something along the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: You were just you have an acumen to be able to recite that stuff. Man, and funnier than hell, you know, which I think is great for this seal needs a lot more infotainment personalities, not just entertainment, my folks that actually know what the hell they're talking about. And that's kind of why I wanted to get you on the show because I think, you know, through the work you're doing with the Bigfoot app, which you know, people like to use the term groundbreaking, I think it's very relevant in today, especially when we've got a lot of folks that are interested in information at their fingertips as soon as possible. I don't know how many folks. Well, let's talk about the Bigfoot app a little bit. Well, what you know, tell us about it and how's it working out.
Speaker 2: So it started last year as an idea. Probably since two thousand, I was making websites and back then you had to put the little HDML alligator mouth, alligator mouth blah blah blah. Yeah, write the whole damn code. And I was computering literate at that time, So my websites were horrible because I'm not a code writer. I was working at McDonalds at the time. You know, my operations weren't that high at that period in my life. So but yeah, I was only building websites. I got better over the years. The programs got better, made it easier. Soon it got to where you didn't have to write code. You could just tell it what you wanted off of a template, but it was never enough. And then AI hit and everyone got, you know, was terrified of AI. I love technology. I like to have tools and shit at my fingers that I can utilize. So that's where last year I got the idea for the Bigfoot Apps, started building it, started working on it. It's a pay as you go program and it's website me based, but it's also a lot of AI around it. So I built tools using AI that I would have loved to have had thirty years ago, twenty years ago, ten years ago. And now I can just tell my computer to build it and it'll screw up a few times, sure, but you keep at it and it's all in the wording, and boom it came to be the bigfootapp dot com. So right now I'm fighting with Google. Google loves me. They will let my app go to Google Play, but it's the other people that it takes fourteen testers and each tester has to stay on for fourteen days. And I got the four people part down. It's the other ten that keep dropping the ball and failing me on Google. But eventually it will be on Google Play. But yeah, it's called the bigfootapp dot com. It's called a login. You can it's web based. You can save it to yours cell phone just like an app. It works offline better than an app. And it just is the biggest most comprehensive information base whatever I've ever built in my life. And that's what I was driving for. I wanted it to be half of the library and the other half I wanted to be tools, field, tools, field tutorial. So I built things like the I worked with doctor, the late doctor Meldrum, and he helped me come up with a footprint mass algorithm, and so you can take your footprint and you can put stuff in it, and it can measure it for you. And after you get that measurement, it then converts it to a guestiment of the height of the animal based off the length of the print. Doctor Meldrim helped me with that one, so I call it the Meldrum Heist Calculator. And then it's got an actual map, which is my favorite part. It has a map of the entire United States and you can get on that map and wherever you can build a public map, or you can build your own private map, so you don't have to share your information if you don't want to, your honeyholes, your hotspots, all that, but your basic areas. You can go on the public map if you want to. But on my map you can add information time, weather. You can add a photograph, video, audio recording to it. So when you click on the pin on the map to view it as a user, if there's an audio file associated to it, it shows up blow you can play it and you can listen to the woops, the hows. You can zoom in and go into the map, look at the area, see what it was like. You can see what the weather was for that day. You can hit the historical layer and see how it lines up with historical data. And it's more than I could explain in one podcast. I mean, it has the Squatsonian, it has uh the library, it has oh got an entire page dedicated just the information. And then it has my old Bigfoot Ohio app built into it as another button, and it just it has so much stuff in it, I can't even describe it all. In a little bit. I overbuild it. Actually, it's to the point almost being too much.
Speaker 5: I think I'd rather have it overbuilt than under built. And really everything that you said, Mike, I mean that sounds awesome for one in just one general.
Speaker 2: App like that.
Speaker 5: How long did it? How did you say it took to put everything together?
Speaker 2: So I've been working on it since last year. I really started building it around January, and I released it prematurely because I like being able to just go online look at it from a user standpoint and say, what would I want on here? And I hope the wife don't want watch this show because I've got about three thousand dollars wrapped up in Yeah, it's been a lot of building, a lot of work, but I'd say like the big push has probably been from January to two weeks ago.
Speaker 4: I'm on it right now, Mike. I just pulled it up in the web browser, and folks, you got to get on this because as he's talking about, actually know what I'll do because we put it up on the I'm gonna put it up on the screen, all right, tell me when you can see it. We got it. You can see it right there. Just make sure it's the right screen. It's not any kind of adult videos or anything, not that I I would do that, but just making sure, you know, but you know, he's got it up here at the top the Bigfoot app You got the Hopping Hills Bigfoot Festival coming up, a public appearance at Squatch and sip report a sighting. But here it's where it starts. Getting the good stuff feel weather station, camp, wind speed, rain and you know, Mike, this is something that years ago when I was working with a small group called the Keystone Bigfoot Project, one of the things that was incredibly important to us was being able to log weather conditions, moon conditions, any kind of atospheric conditions.
Speaker 2: So when you put a pin on the map or make a report, if you click on the weather button block it. There's like five different places. It automatically loads the weather to your sighting report to the information and yeah, it automatically opens on your geographical location. As soon as you open the map, you see where you're at on the map, and so you can log your own GPS. But yeah, if you make a report, it logs everything.
Speaker 4: But we could go up here and put save current or like when we're at the location right be able to yes, you saved, which is pretty awesome. And and folks that don't realize all this stuff was incredibly important, like Uh, you know time and year, time of day, it's it's impressive, like it really speeds. Right.
Speaker 2: The one thing I use I usually even in the pen and paper days, I always wrote down what the barometer was that day. For some reason in my head, I just felt the barometer was important.
Speaker 4: So a buometric pressure is funny. You know, look how it affects regular you know, regular animals.
Speaker 2: That yeah, because yeah, my background is wildlife biology, even though I went to school for it. But I'm a maintenance guy that plug plunges toilets for a living. So yeah, but yeah, wildlife biology, that's my background. So and then I'm also a bow hunter, so I yeah, the weather effects at everything.
Speaker 4: I just love all the resources. Go ahead and mad, I'm just kind of still taking folks on an overview here.
Speaker 5: No, and what Mike said is right. I'm I'm a bow hunter also. And it's not just it's not just looking at the wind, but it's looking at the pressure, it's looking at the moon phase. Uh, is looking at you know so much and and then you know, being able to And I think that's where I've talked to a couple of people and uh that are our bow hunters, not just you know, your your typical rifle hunters, but the bow hunters because we have to read that terrain uh differently. And then somebody you know, just going out for rifles, setting up on a stand somewhere. We're looking at the funnels, we're looking at the uh at the food cover and uh in you know, the transition areas. So that really really does that kind of coincides with what we're doing because it helps us to track, you know, any of these you know from these sightings, Hey, where is that? Where is that cover at? Where's this? You know? Uh, you know where's this at? And again yeah, what was the weather?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's go ahead.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Mike. I love how it's got a confidence barometer on here. Ye like, yeah, that's pretty important.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, I think so. I mean cause and you're got to put that in yourself, you know, how sure are you that? And some of mine are low, some of mine are high, some of them are like, I'm not sure, but it was odd this happened. But then there's the ones that like, yeah, I'm pretty sure that this was you know, so yeah, it's I just like having that on there.
Speaker 4: Oh I do too. I think that's phenomenal.
Speaker 5: Mm, we'll have to add some for for our area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going to have to get busy, like.
Speaker 5: We have a honey hole, but we're we don't keep it private.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's such a huge expanse of land that we're trying to get people out there, you know, and uh but it's fairly uh not the best you know environment, it's not it's not general rolling hills. It's uh no, it's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah kind of. That's my theory with Wayne National Forest because it's like three different tracks, but the three together are almost seven hundred thousand acres and there ain't no way five people could cover that in ten years, let alone. So the more people that you can get to go to that big area and start making those pins, the easier the story and the quicker the story.
Speaker 4: I'm full, Yes, oh I was.
Speaker 5: If you don't where what databases are using for the for the reports, is it just self reported or are you getting using like the be f Republic and some other reports.
Speaker 2: No, it's all user reports. Because there's another map out there and I won't mention its name, but I hate it because it has dots all over their map and when you click on them, like sixty percent of them are dead empty. It's just to pen on the map. It doesn't even say if it was a wood knock, a footprint, a citing what. It's literally just a dot on a map, and that dry stuff like that wild just drive me insane. So it actually forces you to put in some information before it'll let you submit your report. But it's all user reported.
Speaker 5: Have you seen like a certain amount of reports from a specific area that surprised you when you've developed this.
Speaker 2: So it's still in its infancy. There's not a lot of people reporting on it yet. I just really haven't got the word out about it a whole lot, so, but I'm interested to see that as it grows. But like right north of me, I don't have any of the reports on there. I think I only have the general location, like the Man Too, a flap that happened back in March twenty twenty five. Everybody's all bigfoot Man too, oh, so that you know that it's kind of in that same general wheelhouse. But that shocked me a good little bit that that happened and was going on.
Speaker 5: Because I'm looking at the Maut and I mean i am seeing a good stretch. It's not just Ohio. It looks like it looks like you have even down to Tennessee.
Speaker 4: H yeah, you know with the particular shut more people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is growing. It's getting there. It's just not in its boom yet, you know, it's not yet found its glory days, but it will eventually.
Speaker 5: What kind of what kind of crowd or what kind of person are you looking to get to to get on this app? Are you looking for the for the hard for researcher or are you looking for someone that just wants to learn about Bigfoot?
Speaker 2: So it's that and that's kind of what the app is. It's split down the middle, like half of it is a learning center for the new individuals to say, hey, you know, maybe if your nervous to ask this question or whatnot, we may hope that you can find it one of these articles I put out or some of the infrots. So it's built for the newbie, but it's also built for the people the seasoned veterans at it.
Speaker 4: So okay. So, and it's just an example here. This is a thermal video from the one sighting report that was put up, and we can see that looks like something right here in the image.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that video I'm the one that shot it, is about three minutes long. And there's two other captures that are associated with that video that there was a little movement down in front, maybe a juvenile, I don't know. And then there's another what part of it where see I didn't know I was filming that. Like, I was standing fifteen feet away from my thermal. I just happened to walk over and I was like, I don't remember this black blob being on the and then it like moved and I'm like, yeah, that wasn't there earlier. So I went out into the swamp to try to get to where it was and I ended up over knee deep water. It was cold, it was like October. And when I got to the grass that it stood up out of I've been through it now is about two feet over top of my head.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was a crazy night for sure.
Speaker 5: And where was where? Where was that at? In Sean? Can you bring that map up again, Yes, sir, So that was just a little.
Speaker 2: North of Wooster, Ohio. What is it called Funk Bottoms?
Speaker 5: So how I'm not from Ohio, not super familiar with it. But how far is that from Salt Fork.
Speaker 2: So it's about fifteen to twenty minutes north of Machican State Park, so it would be about an hour and a half north Well, no, almost dead north of Salt Well. Northwest of Saltwork about an hour and a half. Because Mohican's only fifteen minutes from me, Saltfork's fifty minutes, Woodbury's twenty minutes, Cocosing's twenty minute. I'm kind of like right in the middle of a bunch of really good areas.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, The Mexican Watershed is five minutes away, and if I walk thirty seconds that way or less, I'll be standing in the middle of the Cocosing River.
Speaker 4: So oh what, Yeah, you are of Bidfloot Buckeye State.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of the whole reason. Is my house a dump? That's the whole reason it was bought though it was more location, location, location than U like it was available. It was their sale when I said sold before I even saw it, because I saw where it was. It's like he's literally smack down in the middle of everything. That's where I want to be.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's that's really interesting. So out of those areas which ones do you think are more active.
Speaker 2: It seems to be a little more south. It basically the foothills of Appalachia. I wrote a book about it. Actually, it's called the Ohio Sasquatch Corridor, and it's like just the air, the strip of sightings that everything seems to happen. If you look at the state of Ohio and you start down on the Ohio River and you make a fish up and start going up north, that's kind of the air. It follows the Appalachian foot.
Speaker 5: Okay, wow, well, definitely gonna have to I have to check out that happened. We have a we have an event coming up soon, and you know, we'll we'll definitely try it out, you know, for the event and let people know about it.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: So I've been playing and it's pretty it's pretty pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: So it's extensive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, So what kind of personal experiences encounters? I mean, obviously that that ternal video is pretty impressive, but what other encounters have you had that you know are kind of key in your research.
Speaker 2: So my first one was Salt Fork State Park and that was I didn't get to see it see it. It was night time and it was more of a dark, shadowy figure, and that's what both of my sightings were, so I've never got that detail. That's what I'm chasing. But the one that I cited the last, the least made the biggest impact to me. And it was down at Saltwork and I call it the Super Knox Night because we got there. We showed up. I put out the fishing rods because back in that day, like bigfooters weren't really welcome in state parks. So me and my guys all had our fishing licenses or fishing ds something lights, so we posed as anglers or hunters. But the rangers knew why we were there. They simply appreciated what we were doing. Sure, so we set up by this creek and we're just standing there. We just showed up. We're talk and now let's walk down the road a little bit. And we made it about ten steps and there was a wood knock on this side of the ridge, and then a wood knock on the other side of the ridge, and one further down or an echo because it was quieter, and we all looked at each other like was that for us? And it was no. Sooner did I did we say that till an old raggedy f one fifty came over the hill. Okay, So was that for us or was that a warning that there was a clerk coming? Stay away from the road. So we decided that was the spot for the night. That's where we were going to stay. We had just made dinner, had some brought worth, and it just cut loose, pouring rain. It was like, well, it's it's late in the night, let's just get in our vehicles. Well wait it out. And this started right at dark, I mean right at dark, and it was still raining at one am. I look over. My buddy is dead asleep beside me. The wife is dead asleep, and I'm sitting there doing the head bob, you know, barely keeping awake. And then there was a series of knots and it was seventeen to twenty one would knocks well and it called bam bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam bam. So now everybody's wide awake. We're looking around. We know there's not a soul around us. And this was like right when the last raindrop hit the dirt. I mean it was like the rain just stopped and everyone's wide awake, and I found it laughable. But now because I jumped, my wife hit the door locks and the automatic log and they click real loud. So when I heard that click, I about went out the window, and I was like, first of all, do you expect them to walk up and open the doors and the way that Harry has sat up? No, no one walked in on us, because there was a lake here. No one came in that way. It's a marsh over here, it's a marsh over there. They could have only came from one direction, and we were in the only parking spot for probably half a mile, so I know no one walked down there because they would have had to fork around us to get up to where I think the knots were. From this tree, I could see the silhouette out in the swamp, and right beside it was this old, gnarly, raggedy ass dumb And so we sat in the vehicles all night, We're all just looking out the window. Sun starts to come up, we get brave, we all get out, and you know, the first words out of everybody's mouth was, what the hell was that? Because we had never heard anything like that before in our own Yeah, it's like wow, and we're talking, and so we walk up the road. We walked down the ridge because it was the only way to see the tree that we all agree that came from. And you can see the back of it, and you can see it's chewed up, its snarled up a little bit of the binoculars. So we walked back down to the car and it's like, let's try to get close to it. And we marshed ourselves out on a point to where we couldn't get any further. And we turn around. We're walking back towards the vehicles and I froze and everyone stopped and they're all looking at me, like what what?
Speaker 4: What? What? What?
Speaker 2: And I turned around and I'm looking back and they're like what And I said, where'd the fucking stump go?
Speaker 4: And there I'm like what?
Speaker 2: And I was like, the stump that was beside that tree is no longer there. So now I'm trumping out in water because maybe the storm knocked it down, maybe it got weak, maybe the water picked up. And I tromp around in the water. I'm looking at this tree. I'm in thick mud. I got ticks crawling up me from going through the marsh grass. But there was no stump that the stump was gone. Wow, and so yeah that I didn't even identify it for what it was, but that one stands out the most to me. Wow.
Speaker 5: How long ago did that happen?
Speaker 2: That would have been around two thousand and six.
Speaker 5: Okay, and it was early year.
Speaker 2: I know that much. It was early in the year. It was like April May. Cat fishing was just getting fired up because I had my cat fishing poles with me and I loved that that first part of the year kitty fishing when they're on that feeding frenzy of the water warms up. And yeah, it was. I mean to this day when I drive by that area every time, the hair still stands up my arm. Oh wow, and I hear the knocks in my head. I can see that I can bring that back to life as if I'm watching it for the first time. And wow. But yeah, that damn walking disappearing stump, that's wow means yeah, yeah, yeah it did.
Speaker 4: It did.
Speaker 2: Now thought, what what kind of bigfoot researcher mistakes a bigfoot for a stump and just man't gonna pay attention to that. If you know, if I'd have been in the right mind, my eyes would have never left it. I'd have had cameras on it, you flashlights on it, you name it. But the fact that I just look over and I was like, well, I think it came from that tree, by that big stump.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like some bigfoot researcher I am, in all fairness might there have been a lot of reports that are kind of like I saw this stump and then it stood up, or I saw its stump and then yeah, uh, you know, there's one not far from me. Actually, I was actually one of the first ones I investigated in the ninety nine the early two thousands, when these hikers saw what they thought was just a tree stump and it got up and uh, kind of like that scene from Harry and Henderson's you.
Speaker 2: Know right, yeah, but you don't have one. Yeah, I have one just down the road to me like that. And it's from two teenage boys and they're just out fishing and joined the summer evening. Yeah, if they're in an area where kids still ride their bikes down the street, people don't lock their doors at night. It's that kind of community. And these kids were they were you know, hey, guys, I was the fishing going and oh yeah, blah blah blah, and I'm like, oh, I'm gonna go walk back to here, you know, I just don't want bug guys and whatnot, like just make sure you're auty here by dark. And I'm like, what the hell are two kids tell me to be out of here by dark? Like are these little shit's going to try to mug me or something? And you know, I turn around, I'm like, why do I need to be out of here by dart? Like well, that's when the stump walks across.
Speaker 4: The Mars And I was like, huh, but what does what?
Speaker 2: They're like, yeah, the stump, it walks across the Mars at night and they're like, wow, he had I'll be right here with you guys tonight. I'm watching this march. Now the hell with that? Hi?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 2: But yeah, and they apparently had seen it more than once. I didn't get to view it, but there's many nights I've sat out there since watching.
Speaker 5: Now, besides Ohio, have you investigated anywhere else in the region or you know, outside of the regions O.
Speaker 2: High Mountain, California, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Michigan, Vermont, New York, Maine, Massachusetts, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas.
Speaker 4: It gets around.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wait, wait, what's wait? Where's your favorite place to go? Sash watching? That outside of Ohio?
Speaker 2: Outside? So I have a property and it's an unlivable property. They claim it in Virginia on the Kentucky border. That's real high on the it's kind of a toss up between there and around blackwater Falls area. Okay, yep, West Virginia. What's the name of that other park right there? It's just a little bit real well, I've been there too, but that it's right by the new gorgeous State park are. It's like twenty minutes down the road. Okay, for the life of me, I can't think it.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah there, but yeah, I love that park. I really enjoy that area.
Speaker 5: When you when you've gone out to the other states, have you had activity like like you would get in Ohio, like some of the things encounters you had there.
Speaker 2: So in Vermont, we had some whoops one night, probably the noisiest or the I would say the closest out of state I've been was on the North Carolina Virginia border at the Great Dismal Swamp Okay. I was in there after night, after hours. They're kind of a strict park and they're transtricting out for hours, but there's a canoe trail and you can camp it for free. You just have to reserve it. It's owned by the Army Corps of Engineers and you canoe all the way back by Lake Drummond and there's like a big gazeba with mosquito net around it and you can primitive camp on it overnight or for however long you reserve it for and it's completely free. You just have to get there. But the only way to get to it is canoe kayak. And there's water moccas sins. That's like the most northern territory. There's black bears, people say there's alligators. Some dick weed said there was a bull shark in there one time, and just shit that would kill you, scare you of his death and make you not want to go. But we went. And the worst thing was, I now know why that mosquito net was up. Could you had to take IV bags with you to keep your own blood inside of you. Horrible. They would shoe your they could, they could fly away with a small child. Oh yeah, they were just crazy mosquito. So I now understand why that scream house exist and it's for you to put your tent in. I wish I had known that, because my tent was outside of it and it ended up going in it in the middle of the night. But yeah, but yeah, that that area of the Great Dismal Swamp was just creepy. It hit and there was you know, you to hear like it. You'd be sitting there in the pitch dark and you're away from all the towns. It is black black out there, and then in the slump here and it's like some of a gun And you know, back then, I didn't have my thermals. I didn't even have night beasion. I had flashlights and a poloroid basin. But yeah, it was If I'd have had today's equipment, it would have been way more awesome, and I might have captured something because weird woops, not hoops, just all kinds of crazy vocals back there.
Speaker 4: You know, that's awesome. That's why you know, Matt and I are very secretive about our research spot, you know, because you have to be half crazy to go out there without any experience anyhow in terms of navigating just the roads, that's not even the hiking's nothing. Terrible parties getting to these areas. You could die driving there. It's not for the same learn. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And our friend, our friend, our friend, Mike Ann just said, and you're gonna drive in at least an hour for gas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. You're gonna drive for leading now and to get gas.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: But you know, to your point, Mike, these remote places, you know, get underserved because of what it takes to get there. And not everybody, even bigfoot researchers, not everybody wants to put in that physical effort or that amount of danger to get out there, because look, there are things like poisonous snakes or venomous snakes I'm sorry, not poisonous venamous snakes, uh, you know, and insects and and things that can cause you more harm. I mean, you have more of a chance of getting bitten by a mosquito and getting less nile virus and you do seeing a big foot. So there are real associated dangers with this, and I think you know enough researchers that do this hardcore like yourself, don't get enough credit for going to those underserved areas because it ain't easy and it takes a certain level of commitment and dedication to go there. Speaking of flying as.
Speaker 2: Ith in the order I get, I'm still stupid enough to think I could do it again. But it's like I should know better, but I don't, because yeah, like three years yeah, it was three years ago. I fell off a cliff and I went about twenty foot.
Speaker 4: He had that video it was on Yeah, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Even got the slow mode version and twenty five feet I'm managed to drop ninety seven f bombs and yeah, it was. It was quite the fall.
Speaker 4: I remember watching that.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure it's on the app in the video section.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure. Not that I hope, not that I ever laughed at anybody's miserd but you got to check that out, folks, because I'm it is. It is again, as with Mike, very entertaining. Uh worked the watch well, it.
Speaker 2: Just had to be. It was like made for it that the last stupid ass thing I said was famous last words. And I got about and I fell off the cliff and I just was like I just finished saying, you know, this is stupid, this is crazy. I'll probably die famous last word down the hill like Nate mileing out like yeah you said it now, my ass, Yeah, my buddy, I just remember hearing. I'll be right there. You stay up there, I'll meet you. I'll walk out. I'm fine, I'll be fine.
Speaker 4: You did and you did it out I did.
Speaker 2: I don't have the picture anymore, but I couldn't walk straight for a week and my back was black. It wasn't purple, it was black. It was just because that's what stopped me was a tree. If I wanted to hit that tree and just somersaulted, not a thing. It was just one of those lucky falls, as if falling is unlucky. But I had If I want to hit a tree, nothing would have happened. It was like a real easy fall, even though it was twenty feet. But no, I hit the only tree in the area and that's what stopped me at full speed. So you can see the tree shake in the video where I hit it, and it I mean, it's not a little tree.
Speaker 4: So yeah, just check out the studio. It's working. Monetize it that way you make a little money off can you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, another everything on that is one hundred percent free. I make zero money off of it. But that's the way I because at first everyone was like, well, you need to charge this, you need to charge you need charge of that, and like the first month I did and I was like, that ain't me. That's not who I am. So I deleted all that and it screwed up the entire app. So then I had to kind of rebuild it real quick and dig into the memory. But yeah, so there's no charge for that app what soever. Nothing on it costs money.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, right, It's a pretty noble gesture because it is expensive to run these things, and you know, so thanks for providing that to the general public and to the rest of us for using it, because I think it's a great tool, and I think folks more than folks need to contribute to it in terms of information, uh and data, so we can all kind of benefit through each other's word. My favorite feature of it so far is is really the I call it the credibility meter. That's what we'll call it, the credibility And I like that.
Speaker 5: I like that a lot.
Speaker 4: It's because I think even if somebody when I'm investigating these reports and I go out and just because I get it, you know again, I like to tell people just because I'm nice and I'm friendly doesn't mean I believe it, you know. It means that I'm going to listen and be respectful and gather the information that I can. Sometimes I don't find a lot of merit in it, and I think I don't think there's anything wrong with putting a you know what as the investigator is somebody who looked at it. This is where I think the credibility level is of this. It doesn't mean that people are lying or not telling me the truth. Maybe they saw something else. Maybe there's something rational that we can explain it with that they couldn't at the time they reported it, right, And so that credibility meter is pretty cool, and I think it's I wish more is I don't want someone to seal it from me. Now more people had that, you know, the credibility meter own.
Speaker 2: Things, because here's report.
Speaker 4: So I'm gone through.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Mike, I'm sorry, Oh no, no, I'm just saying with the credibility meter, I think there's some people like need to wear it on a jacket with a flight bar or something good.
Speaker 4: Right, you know, I want to believe everybody, but we just know that's not realistic and possible, and it doesn't mean that there's anything nefarious to it. It's just sometimes people are mistaken or there's you know, a lot of variables that go into it. And you know that I don't that the folks that might be listening that have a report, please don't discourage that from reporting it to us. You know, just know that as credible researchers, you know, we put when we post something like this to talk about it and put our names on it. That's our credibility attached to it as well, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and Mike, as far as posting your information, I have that mill end too, the app that uh ghost I think, yeah, have we got a damn light? But yeah, it's built into the app that if you post a photo or a video, I have a disclaimer that I don't own your information. It's your information, but the app will put a water mark all the way across it that only stays on the app, but that so no one can steal your information, you know, steal your picture and post it later say look this picture really, why does it say the big Foot app all the way across it in the watermark?
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, I'm not great.
Speaker 2: Seeing your info. I'm just protecting your info for you. And there's a disclaimer right at the top that with anything you post that that disclaimer pops up.
Speaker 4: So, Mike, where can folks come listen to you speak or find out more about you?
Speaker 2: This year I have the hucking Hills big Foot Festival August fourteenth and fifteenth, and I'm the key speaker Bee Mills. Give me two hours to play with so and then after that I'm up in up By Lake Erie and I'll have to find the info. But it's called squatching Sip. It's at a winery. It's like something way out of my realm with something. I've never been to a winery in my life.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: When I was younger, I bought some bottles of wild Irish rose, if that count. But yeah, you know, I was influenced by Mad Dog and Boone Farm, not actual like wineries. So but it'll be up there, and then i'll be at the Mohican Festival, and next year I'll be at the Fayette County Ordeal there Pennsylvania.
Speaker 5: Okay, very good.
Speaker 4: Matt. You got any final questions or anything for Mike before we sign off of the evening?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, I think we covered quite a bit. It was a it was a great hour. And and uh, Mike, I'm gonna jump on that app tomorrow. And uh and like I said, Sean and I, you have a couple couple decent things we can, uh, we can put on there for our part of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some of the US jumped on already. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So at the top right corner, you can build your own profile at your own uh photograph if you want to, you know, so people can sometimes a picture with the name is great. So and you don't have to. The app still works without it. But Sean, you can turn off your Wi Fi and the app will still work.
Speaker 4: Every part of that I love.
Speaker 2: That will still work work offline. And but I will say this, do not touch the SOS button.
Speaker 5: No, well we know about that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If you go to the big Foot back pack, which is your hiking tools, at the bottom, there's an SOS button. If you push that, the Coastguard is coming, Search and Rescue is coming, This department is coming. I've already had one user make that mistake. Do not touch the SOS button unless it is an SOS SO because they won't find you. It goes by satellite, not white up eye.
Speaker 4: Well, listen as somebody as guys that really really preach the safety aspect of that. That's pretty phenomenal because sometimes we get into some spots where it may be needed, you know, so that's pretty awesome. Good job on this at Man, Seriously, thanks for spending some time in sharing it with us. Definitely have you on again when we'll get the rest of the guys here to have some laughs and maybe fix us internet tonight where it's not so buffering on me yep. But definitely a great show, guys. Thanks for tuning in. Folks. I'm Sean Forker, that's Matt Arner, He's Mike Cartman. Come back and see us again, folks. Sasquatch Experience dot Com. If Henry is here, you know what he'd say, you all be good or be good at it, but he's not slice at it for him. And until next time, keep on squatching everybody. Good night.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Sasquatch Experience. Please rate and review wherever this podcast.
Speaker 4: Is consumed.
Speaker 3: For more information, please go to our website sasquatch experience dot com.
Speaker 2: Keep on swatching,