Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one one w JRIR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One oh one one w JRR.
Speaker 2: All Right, rock News, brought to you by our Tuesday ticket takeover happening at one oh one one. W jr R on the JR Instagram knocked loose tickets up for grabs for their Orlando show. If you want to try to grab a pair of those, we've got multiple that will be given out to you listener.
Speaker 3: Today jr R Instagram. It's at one oh one one w jr R. Okay.
Speaker 2: It was two thousand and nine in Paris, France that Oasis performed their last show before Noel and Liam Gallagher had a parting of ways, a disagreement, a fiery eruption. They literally wanted to kill each other backstage after this show and that was it for Otis. Did they have a fistfight these two have? Yeah, it has not been nice over the last fifteen years or so. That said, all the drama that goes with those two, you cannot argue that Oasis cannot argue that they are one of Britain's most important bands in the last thirty years. There's no two ways about it. Put o good music. Yeah, I agree. They have smoothed everything over and announced this morning they will be back performing in front of live audiences this next summer, starting with fourteen shows in the UK and Ireland. These all be stadium type shows, and then plans are to bring these live dates to other countries around the world in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: If they can get along that well for the second.
Speaker 2: If they want to walk into the bank with fat stacks, they'll get along.
Speaker 3: Exactly did they credit the Black Crows at all? No, well, I mean the Black Crows same thing. They weren't getting along. Now they are Robinson brothers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we all have brothers, we know, and you if you have a brother, you know. It's so they got there. They smoothed it over and there you go. That's what we got.
Speaker 3: At this point.
Speaker 2: Lincoln Park has got some sort of one hundred hour countdown timer going on their socials and website that will zero out tomorrow. Now there's all sorts of speculation what's going on here. Hardcore Lincoln Park fans believe they're getting set to announce a new vocalist to replace late lead singer Chester Bennington, many of whom think it's Derek Whibley of some forty one.
Speaker 3: You're saying that's a room.
Speaker 2: I'm not convinced of that. I think the hype around Derek was around this Walking Disaster of My Life through Heaven and Hell book tour that he just announced, which closely coincided with this Lincoln Park thing. But his vocal qualities, I could see him pulling off some of those old Lincoln Park tunes. So I'm not gonna completely poop poop on that idea. Okay, So we'll see when that thing zero's out on Wednesday what their announcement is.
Speaker 3: I just feel bad for those guys that have to tour with both bands, Like what you McCall it from soil doing drowning Pool? You know, well, again, if it did.
Speaker 2: Happen, and there's let's cross that bridge when we get to it. That's the rumors that are out there. We'll assume have more info tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Something that's not a rumor is that we have some forty one tickets coming up shortly on the show.
Speaker 2: That is a fact. Jack or in your case, Taco. Tom Petty's estate also running a countdown which will end on Friday. They're promising loyal Tom Petty and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers fans, this is going to be something that they will find very special to look forward to. Don't know what that is. We'll find out together on Friday. Slip knots Sid Wilson was hospitalized with serious burns after a burn pit blew up in his at the farm he and Kelly Osborne own and live at.
Speaker 3: He at least forget that they're married.
Speaker 2: Found himself in the hospital with a burn pile went up in his face and he's like, man, yeah, he looks. I'll be okay by the time the band's ready to resume touring in September.
Speaker 3: You wear a mask anyway, that's the biggie good points. Good point.
Speaker 2: Speaking of fires, Burning Man has started. Not sold out this year, by the way, I.
Speaker 3: Heard it as rainy as could be. Why don't like flooded out or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know this year. I think last year they had some issues with it. Person died on the first day of Burning Man on Sunday morning. Woman couldn't be revived There's been multiple deaths at this festival in Nevada over the years since nineteen ninety six, including that of a thirty two year old man last year who died of suspected drug intoxication. At least seven have died at this festival. Doesn't it sound like a fun thing to go to?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tomorrow at seven eleven stories across the country, you'll find an additional coffee offering if you like Green Day's coffee brand, Punk Bunny Coffee a partnership with seven to eleven, and there's sub Speedway and Stripes, which they also own. For a limited time, will be offering this Green Day blend of coffee. Update on Lou Coller, he's the singer for hardcore Legends out of New York City. Sick of it All told you he had sophageal cancer. He's started his first round of chemo and you know saying, Hey everybody, it's Lou. I'm here in the recovery room. Hope you're all doing good. Give you a little update. The first week of chemo, it was almost two weeks ago. It's like a week and a half since I've had it. In the first three days, we're brutal, not fun at all. It got gradually better and now I feel more like myself going to try to stay in good spirits here, so.
Speaker 3: Good keep those good spirits, dude.
Speaker 2: Metallica is all within my hand foundation has received a financial grant for their for the Love of Labor from car Hearts. You know car Hearts clothing, work clothing, some of the I own a ton of car Heart. I love their stuff. It's indestructible, you can wash it a million times and it doesn't live anyway. It's it's work clothing and apparel. They are granting Metallica's Foundation money to get into some of the you know, these scholarship programs that Metallica does specifically for trade schools, very skilled trade schools.
Speaker 3: So that's what we need.
Speaker 2: Man scholarships becoming available through Carhart and Metallica's Foundation. A Day to Remember announcing a fall North American tour. There are a couple of dates in Florida. They already zoomed through Orlando or earlier, so Jacksonville and Hollywood will be getting shows on November ninth.
Speaker 3: And is he the one that we tripped out about the flight or Rise against wasn't it No, No, neither.
Speaker 2: Neither. You remember the band I off the top of my head, no, but I know it was seither.
Speaker 3: I believe No, I didn't. I'd see there's a big partying guy, wasn't him. Remember it's a really straight lace. It's one of those bands I was confused, like Rise Against or one of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, there's your rocket news for this morning. Thanks Taco fuck in the morning.
Speaker 1: This is Lechard Taco on j r r.