Speaker 1: I'm Deels.
Speaker 2: So we're continuing to talk about the ruling of the new the interim temporary Secret Service Director in Congress yesterday. And I also want to incorporate because if I didn't incorporate some of these comments by a former President Trump. He was speaking to a group of black journalists in Chicago and he was invited to attend, and to his credit, he took the He took the invitation and he appeared in person. I think there was one point where he said that I think what he said was that that the Democratic again, the Democratic soon to be nominee Vice President Harris had agreed to do it on zoom and he got some tough questions today and I thought his responses were really dumb. I don't know how else to describe them. Because when you when you open your mouth and you say things that you that clearly are going to hurt your cause, whatever that cause is, I think you're being dumb. I want to have play a different sound bite. This is from his appearance today with the Black Journalists cut in Chicago. This is cut Sea and I believe that this is ABC's Rachel Scott asking a second, well another question of Donald Trump cuts, c rub.
Speaker 3: How do you define the go ahead?
Speaker 2: How do you define diversity? Equity inclusion?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, go ahead?
Speaker 3: Is that what your definition?
Speaker 2: That is?
Speaker 5: That is?
Speaker 6: Give me a definition?
Speaker 2: Then would you give me a definition? Give me a definition. So I'm asking you a question. Define it from me. I just defined it, sir. Do you believe that Vice President Kamala Harris is only on the ticket because she is.
Speaker 4: A black woman?
Speaker 7: Well, I can say no.
Speaker 2: I think it's maybe a little bit different.
Speaker 3: And so I've known her a long time, indirectly, not directly very much, and she was always of Indian heritage and she was only promoting Indian heritage. I didn't know she was black until a number of years ago when.
Speaker 2: She happened to turn black.
Speaker 3: And now she wants to be known as black. So I don't know is she Indian or.
Speaker 2: Is she black?
Speaker 1: She is always.
Speaker 2: College.
Speaker 3: I respect either one, but she obviously doesn't because she was Indian all the way and then all of a sudden she made a turn and she went she became a black. I think somebody should look into that too. When you ask a continue in a very hostile, nasty.
Speaker 2: Town, it's uh yeah, probably pulled a lot of people over to say, insane, insane to uh to engage in that sort of conversations. Again, if you're going to go somewhere, be polite, deal with whatever the tough questions are, and come leave, hopefully with people having some grudging respect for your demeanor and your effort to answer questions. Honestly, let's go to back to the call. It's gonna go to Frank and Boston. Frank, you're next time, nightside, Go ahead, sir.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, I'm not I think the Secret Service might have made a mistake because of.
Speaker 4: I'm inexperience. They do not really have an experience with shopshooters. I mean, I think they and agents in that sight may have thought to a certain extent, maybe less. I'm not sure that there's no way this guy could end up hitting anybody from that distance. Yes's a distance, that's a that's more than a football field.
Speaker 2: It is more than a football field. But have you ever shot a rifle at that distance?
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying the guy. I don't think they thought the average guy couldn't do that well.
Speaker 2: First, if they don't necessarily always have to deal with the average guy. But you have a rifle with the scope. That is not a tough shot. That is not a tough shot. It really isn't.
Speaker 4: Well well, I think the average shooters of these different presidents in the past have been close counters, close encounters. I think that the only one was Oswald. And there was a lady who tried to kill Ford.
Speaker 2: There were two of them actually, Sarah Jane Moore and and Squeaky Frome, one of the Manson family members, both took the shots at Gerald Ford in the same city, San Francisco, on different dates in November I believe was of nineteen ninety four, or it would have been November ninety four, ninety five, and they missed. Thank goodness. Look, John Hickley was very close to Ronald Reagan correct on that Oswald was in a window and I've sat in that window. There was there was less skill that Oswald. That was a pretty easy shot, although he got off three shots and uh and he was a pretty skilled marksman from them he had military service. But that wasn't a tough shot.
Speaker 4: I mean, And if you go further further back, all been close encounters. All these assassinations have been close. Assassinations have been close encounters, and I think maybe that to a certain degree, nobody really thought that guy could make this shot. I mean, from what i'mstanding, not even his his people at the at the firing range thought he was a good shot.
Speaker 2: So I think he came pretty close for for for a guy that wasn't a good shot.
Speaker 4: He came pretty close to me exactly. And I don't think they were really looking at that. Plus plus, this was Trump territory. Nobody thought anybody was going to try to kill Trump in his own territory.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what to say about that. I think that, uh so you're basically you're basically saying that are you are you interested in having an investigation and find out finding out who dropped the ball? Or do you do you have you already concluded that really that there was there was really no major mistake made here.
Speaker 4: I think that making mistake was that the training hasn't been up to par.
Speaker 2: And the training you're talking about is of whom if I just want to make sure I understand.
Speaker 4: Of whom the Secret Service, the local individuals, and the type of training. I don't think these guys have really been trained in marksmen taking out presidents.
Speaker 2: Well, they they told wasecond. They took this guy out in about five seconds. I mean, he was he he was on a stairway to heaven or a stairway to hell, wherever he was going five seconds after Trump got hit. I mean, the Secret Service shop shooters did a really nice job. So I don't know that they needed training. I mean, I think they may have some communication problems between a secret service who does this all the time, and local police agencies who might do it once every twenty or thirty years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that was the problem. They just didn't think this could happen, and they didn't think that guy was capable of it, even though they saw him. They saw they saw a little kid, a guy that was just out of high school or something like that.
Speaker 2: Twenty it's twenty years old. Yeah, just he did a couple of years in a community college. But hey, okay, turn up, Frank. Interesting perspective. You know, we tend to disagree on this one and it I always appreciate your calls. Thank you for joining us tonight. It's important to get different perspectives on this show. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, Kevin.
Speaker 2: Great one good night. We're gonna take quick break. One line at six, one, seven, two, five four to ten thirty just Field. So if you're trying to dial right now, here's a little he try six one seven, ninety three one, ten thirty. We'll be back on nights Now.
Speaker 1: Back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: By the way, I thought that the Vice President Kamala Harris had had a good retort to Donald Trump and I want to Rob. I want you to pay play cut number twenty nine, very composed, very effective, cut twenty nine.
Speaker 9: Well, Donald, I do hope you'll reconsider to meet me on the debate stage, because, as the saying goes, if you've got something to.
Speaker 2: Say, let's go next too. We had three calls drop off, so I'm not sure who's been on longest, but I'm going to try to get everybody in and try to be fair. Going to start it with Bill and Mattapoison. Bill, you in next on Nightside, Go right ahead.
Speaker 6: I'm then interesting topic of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go right ahead, But you dropped out on this, but hopefully the connection holds. Go right ahead. Want to hear what you have to say.
Speaker 6: Well, I was listening to the testimony the acting chief and there was part of it that really jumped out of me. I was shocked where he talked about the fact that Trump wouldn't get the same level of protection by a Secret Service that President Biden would. And of course different people get different protection depend on who you are. If you're I imagine Dick Cheney still gets protection, it's one level. But he said Biden, as a sitting president, would get more protection, more officers, I guess, more funding for an event than Donald Trump would, and I just that's unbelievable to me.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's unbelievable. True, but also remember the Biden administration withheld any Secret Service protection from Robert F. Kennedy Junior for months.
Speaker 6: Incredible.
Speaker 2: Now, Bobby Kennedy Junior is an independent candidate. Obviously, he's a third party or an independent candidate. He's not a Republican, he's not a Democrat. But Homeland Security aka MAYORCUS is the person who supposedly decided Apparently Kennedy asked five times over a period of about six months for Secret Service protection. The son of a former US senator who is a presidential candidate. His father, Robert F. Kennedy, who was assassinated while running for president.
Speaker 6: And his uncle my gosh, and his uncle.
Speaker 2: As well obviously course, but so that shows to me a very cavalier attitude within the Biden administration as to who gets and how much everyone gets. Donald Trump was a presidential candidate, I had a former president.
Speaker 6: Well not not only that, Dan, but I mean, let's be kind a polarizing figure, ye to say, the most recognizable person there can be. And there is talk about, you know the fact that there's been a narrative about name calling and some you know venom from the Biden administration and they call him this and that, Well.
Speaker 2: He represents he represents people. Well, they said that he represents an existential threat to democracy.
Speaker 6: Now there you go.
Speaker 2: How is that going to play in the mind of some twenty year old kid who probably doesn't even understand what the word existential? Existential?
Speaker 6: Again, my main point is I'm shocked that they said as a matter of policy, and maybe this goes way back, maybe people are in different categories of pro the protect easier, different categories. But they had a they had a uh uh design for this that Trump was going to get something less than the most security that could be gotten. He deserved every secure every seasible officer, every method, every means they could do to protect him. It's shocking. You should be shocking to anybody that Trump didn't get every protection they can handle. And maybe that's why somebody wasn't on that roof, And maybe that's why someone wasn't communicating, someone didn't have that meeting they're supposed to have with the with the local officers. It's mind boggling that they went in with that mindset, we're going to do something less than full blown protection for this guy. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I think you made your points, Bill, you made him really well. And let's see if people react. Okay, okay, we Goodnick you much, thank you, Bill. Oh where are we going next? I'm going to get to Tom and West Virginia and then we'll have Trevor in Maine.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Tom, Yeah, A couple of dollars ago, Frank number one, one hundred and forty yards is away is four hundred feet approximately.
Speaker 7: I don't know if the kid had a scope on his rifle, more than likely he did. And a head shot in a prone position shooting a rifle that's an easy shot with a two twenty three, which comes out of the barrel around thirty six to thirty eight hundred feet per second. God forbid, if that bullet ever hit Trump on the head, it would not be pretty. Now, with regards to the sniper that took out the shooter, he shot him in the head and there was an eyewitness, an odd looking kid with fiery red hair, wearing like a visor on his head and said, oh no, and he talked to a British reporter, Oh no, they blew his head off. And that's exactly what would happen if you had a center fire rifle that hit someone in the head, it would split it open. We've seen the Zpruiter film of JFK having part of his skull Jackie and Kennedy retrieving it. I hate to be graphic, right right, Okay, So here's the other point that that bothers me. That Number one, they have not matched up the ballistics of the victim with the rifle. We haven't even seen a photo.
Speaker 2: Of the rifles.
Speaker 7: We certainly saw Lee harv Oswell's rifle as well as the man who shot Doctor King, James Earl Ray his rifle. I'm very suspicious. What's going on the other thing that came out with The New York Times to their credit, that the secret service in the local police force, local law enforcement were not on the free, frequent, same frequency as the radios. You've got to be kidding me. When you're an event like that, everybody should be on the same page.
Speaker 2: Now, that's why, that's why you have a meeting ahead of time and you say, Okay, this is the frequency we'll be using.
Speaker 7: Of course, I mean that's just common sense. And I don't know, but you know, the other thing is that after that kid full pull the first trigger, you said it was five seconds before the kid got shot by a sniper.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know if it was five seconds or eight seconds, but it was pretty quick.
Speaker 7: Okay, so the kid, we're told that the kid fired off eight rounds on AR fifteen, which every you know, if you pull the trigger as fast as you can, you can pull off eight shots, probably anywhere from four to eight seconds.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 7: You know we're splitting hairs here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But for a sniper to get on that kid that quick, that's very good, and that's their job to do something like that. But the testimony yesterday, I forget who the senator was, but they did a topographical map, and they said that that law enforcement saw this person on the roof, which had a very slight slope of approximately five inches from front to back. I'm sorry. You know, snipers have scopes as well as binoculars, and at least in the military. I'm armchair quarterbacking here, but they usually have a person with binocular Something's very very wrong here, and I really I don't want to see a blue ribbon commission. I want to see straightforward answers in what I hear on these hearings from the previous director, the woman of the Secret Service to this guy. Oh, it's an on the typical answers. It's an ongoing investigation. Talk to the FBI about that, talk to the Secret Service about that. It's just double speak. It's like a novel of read in high school of nineteen eighty four of double speak.
Speaker 2: Sure, and well, the woman cheatle, cheatle, she didn't want to give any question, any answers at all. Well, I can't really comment. It was ridiculous and she was very quiet. And play the guy. They rolled out this fellow row the gentleman who I've been playing this evening, Ronald Rowe. He was ready for battle with a variety of the senators, and his post it was, don't tell me how to do my job. I'm going to do my job on my time, under my circumstances.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well, he didn't give any direct answers either. He just basically grandstanding.
Speaker 2: It was a it was a different presentation, but we got the same. The lack of information was also self evident. Tom, I want to get one marine before the break. Thank you for calling back. I don't know what happened in call. We had three calls that got dropped off simultaneously. Sorry about that, Bye bye, bye bye. All right, as I promised, Trevor is in Maine. Trevor, your call dropped off as well. Simultaneously, apologize for that. Go right ahead. Thanks for calling back.
Speaker 11: Hey, Dan, it's all good. I went under a bridge and I think I lost you, But I'm catching up. When I called in, I think about quarter of and we were on the local Sniper interview. Yeah, but you've talked about a few things in the interim, and I think down I think that that Trump uh speech today at the interview today, I think he was just peeling back the onion and being the brazen kind of brash self that he is, and there's a lot more of that onion to feel back. So expect to see more of that. That's kind of what I think about.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me ask you this. Are you a Trump supporter?
Speaker 7: I am?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm going to ask an honest question. When when that Donald Trump appears in front of an audience that he hopes, I guess to to turn some of the audience realizes it's an audience that's going to be somewhat skeptical. He's not speaking in front of the NRA, He's speaking in front of the National Association of Black Journalists. Do you think that by adopting that tone, that that confrontational, argumentative tone is gonna is going to bring anybody over to his campaign who is not already with him.
Speaker 11: That's that's a great question. And and and I I I do not think that that's allure to bring more people on. But but that's what we expect of him, the people that know him and his policies and how he stands his ground that we expect that. I do agree that that's a hard way to bring on new people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think that if let's say, his base in all honesty, no matter remember when he said I could shoot somebody in the middle of Madison Avenue and people whatever. Let's say his base is forty two forty three percent, and that no matter what he does, he's going to have forty two to forty three percent. He still has to cobble together another five or seven or eight percent to win. And I mean the only place you can get that is either people who voted for Joe Biden and regretted people who are.
Speaker 6: Who are who stand.
Speaker 11: I understand what you're saying, and I honestly think he's thinking a little bit ahead of the game that he doesn't want to show any change in his character or brashness and stance on the international level because this is all exposed to everybody. I think he wants to just keep showing his same self.
Speaker 6: And you like him or you don't.
Speaker 2: Well, the name of the game is to get elected.
Speaker 7: Yes, I agree with that, yes, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't think. I don't think that he helped him self towards that goal today and I agree.
Speaker 11: I agree with that.
Speaker 6: I agree with that.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying, all.
Speaker 11: Right, All right, So back to the sniper interview real quick. Sure, I think all those guys. I watched it, and and I I felt scared about what's above us at the secret service level. But one thing I'd like to share on like the where we are with technology, complacency and messaging.
Speaker 6: These guys, these guys.
Speaker 11: Were messing up the way I understood it. These guys were messaging to us to a destination, and they believe that all these things were being read, received, and maybe acted on. But they I know, I didn't see anything in the interview where they got uh uh uh you know a response. They got a hey, we got this, Hey, we acknowledged this, We're on it. They I And and where where I get worried about that part is that if I don't get a response on an Eagle Scout, if I if I don't get a response, I start going into a different action mode where nobody's responding. We have to take another action, play in another action mode, and maybe take action on ourselves. So I'm worried that those guys were sitting there waiting when they they they could have been you know, a real a real braveheart and and step up and say, hey, nobody's responding.
Speaker 7: We know this is a problem.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a different take. I think that's interesting. And let's see if people agree or disagree with you on that one.
Speaker 11: Okay, yeah, yeah, All I'm saying is they did the right job, but nobody responded, and when nobody responds, you gotta do something different.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I would agree, but I'm not sure that those guys on the ground on the ground were right.
Speaker 11: They were probably given they were given instructions and orders and you know, places to stand or whatever. But when you you know, when when when it's a it's it's an adrenal thing, it's a it's a flight or flight type thing that kicks in. Okay, when you when you're when you train that well, when you know what you're doing and and all the you know, things that could happen if you if you screw up. You know, you really have to do your job, and that's when that that adrenaline and fight or flight kicks in and you got to make a strong decision. No one's responding to me.
Speaker 6: I got to do something, all right.
Speaker 2: Let's see, let's see if people agree. I understand what you're saying. Totally, Thanks Trevor.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 2: Have you called before.
Speaker 11: Is this your first time, No, I've called.
Speaker 6: I'm usually from Chelsetood.
Speaker 11: I'm trying to get some time up in Maine.
Speaker 2: Good for you. Okay, Thanks Trevor, to talk to you soon. Good night. Well, take a break. Here's the news at the bottom of the hour. Be right back on night Side.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Com Back to the phones, Kevin in South Carolina. Kevin, you were next on Nightside.
Speaker 12: Welcome, Hi, Dan, I'm talking about Trump's interview today. Yes, you and I are the same generation. I remember Kennedy's election in sixty and back then things were policies. What was your policy? What was your position? And in the last fifteen to twenty years we get more into identity. Now you had like John F. John Kerry. Everybody thought he was Irish. Then we found out he wasn't. He's Austrian, you know, he used it to his political gang. He never said he was Irish, but he never said he wasn't. Then you had Elizabeth Warren. She claimed she was native American. We found out power out the Indian boy had more DNA than her. And right now up in Massachusetts you have the Connie and the Shoba during the verge of closing, leaving all these people out of hospital. She's nowhere to be seen. If it's not going to benefit her, She's kind of gone off somewhere else to help the Harris campaign. Joel Harris. Her family's Jamaican and Indian. She's not an African American family with a history of enslavement who picked cotton. The Irish Times did a story on him and found out she is an Irish ancestor and he all the slaves in Jamaica. You know, her parents were college professors. She went to a private academy in Montreal and to Howard University, a black college. The people I know down here in South Carolina, they have no connection with her. They have debly, some struggle for years. Some of them can tell you the whole family history back to being enslaved during before the Civil War. There's no connection between.
Speaker 2: Okay, so result many of the things you said is true her. I guess her mom was a college professor, was teaching up in Canada, and she went to high school in Canada. I get all of that. I've mentioned that before, and I think that those are interesting facts. But for former President Trump to spend part of his day trying to dissect and make the comment that you know, she was always Indian, meaning from you know, from India, from the nation her parents or mom was from Indian India and that then I think the comment he used was she became black.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think I think the worrying for him was poor.
Speaker 2: Well, it's always poor, but I think it's intentionally poor. First of all, why do you want to even go there? Okay? Uh? And I just think that everyone knows that follows this uh, that she is of mixed parentage, just as Barack Obama was of mixed parentage, and Barack Obama was considered to be the first and is the first black American president, African American, whatever you want to call it. What's what is the plus for Donald Trump in doing it this way? Does it? Does it is his base that week that he has to strengthen his base. I just think it's it's almost as if I don't know that he really wants to win the White House. Now.
Speaker 12: I think we've devall to this identity politics and doesn't do anybody any good because you want the policy, I want to know what you're going to do I don't care what you have it you look like, what do you want to do it for me?
Speaker 2: There's a stark. As I said earlier, on most policy issues, I'm a lot closer to Donald Trump than I am to Kamala Harris. You know me if you listen to my program regularly the United if you do. But at the same time, there's a certain manner that I want the President of the United States to embody. I want him to be intelligent. I wanted to be respectful. I'm not looking for Don Rickles to be president.
Speaker 12: Either of mine. Okay, no, but another thing, just quickly. You know, Kennedy was sixty years ago when Walter Cronkai could on the TV. We believed every word he said. I can't say that about anybody on the TV today, you know, And next week August eighth, Nixon would be resigned. Fifty years we trusted Woodward and Bernstein, and today everyone on TV, every supposed news reporter, every supposed journalist, everything has a slant. No one has given me the truth. Probably in twenty years. I have to go out and pick like you do, pick and look at all these different reports and pull everything out and think I know the truth from all the different reporting.
Speaker 2: Well, there's two things. A lot of people go to the cable news network that they agree with. It's called being in your silo. So you just you just listen to people who tell you what you want to hear, as opposed to getting a variety of opinions. I got to tell you, I was a TV reporter here in Boston for thirty one years, and I used to delight when people will come up to me and say, you know, I've watched you on TV. I have no idea what your politics are.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, I understand that. I didn't eat if he ye iss until you've got in the radio. You were, You were Don the reporter, and you went out and all these reporters.
Speaker 2: You went out.
Speaker 12: You call people up and you check things, You check the facts, you check the reports, and talk to three people didn't know each other. And when they told you the same thing, he said, I think I'm on the right track. No one does it anymore. No one checks people's histories who run for politics where they will problem with their money comes from? Anything for that And what's the real reason for running? Are they really the candidate or is there some constortion behind them? It's really telling them what to do. You don't know that anymore.
Speaker 2: The other thing, the other thing too is the meetia's got sophisticated because it's not only what stories they cover, but it's what stories they choose not to cover. I mean, our nightly newscaster thirty minutes, so you get everything you need to know, supposedly in thirty minutes. Well, I watched TV during the day, and I try to watch CNN, try to watch a little bit of Fox, and at night I try to watch I tend to watch ABC for whatever reason, I find that to be a better nightly broadcast than some of the other nightly stations. But I have my questions about them as well. Walter Cronkett was around a long time and people came to know and came came to respect and trust him.
Speaker 12: The night he turned on the Johnson in the Vietnam War, and Johnson turned to Dean Rusk and said, we've lost. If I lost Walter, I've lost the country.
Speaker 2: Yep, you got a good memory, Kevin. Thank you much.
Speaker 12: Age. You know, we we don't run of all timers yet, but we do it. It's gonna be very sad because we're gonna lose a lot of stories. We know.
Speaker 2: Let's hope neither one of us are ever touched by that.
Speaker 7: That's I hope I just get hit by a pass.
Speaker 12: Will be easier, Kevin, good.
Speaker 2: Night, Talk to you soon. Good night. All right, we got to take quick break, got a break coming up. We're gonna continue to roll, coming right back here on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on w BZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: I love me, Go to D and Mathu and D you were next one Nightside. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Oh Hi Dan, long time, No see no here, but.
Speaker 2: Hi, Well, that's not my fault.
Speaker 5: I know I'm a rigid Well I was from Cambridge and I remember you remember way back when you were an editorial I'm trying to think what newspaper now. But as I said before, I know you from wayback.
Speaker 2: I was on WBZTV for thirty one years.
Speaker 5: Yes, I know that, but I'm just trying to remember you. I think I told you before you were such a young, handsome, young reporter that everybody was going up to you and saying hello, which includes me. Well, yes, nice to hear from you. I do want to say something if I can stand. Thank you. No one seems to talk about that Biden's policies are going to be her policy. True, Am I right? On that day?
Speaker 2: Well, I think she made I think that Vice President Harris is going to be a little more even the rest of than than President Biden.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I mean, uh, And could I just state one more point if I could. Letting all these migrants into the country for the vote is the worst thing I've ever experienced. And I'm in my eighties, and you know what, they're going to get away with it, And that is what bothers me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean. Elizabeth Warren, our senior senator here in Massachusetts, said the other day, we have to find the path the citizenship for the people who have come here illegally. I think she, of course didn't say that. She referred to what we need to welcome our newcomers or some some euphemism like that. Yeah, I think we need to expedite people who are standing in line around the country and who are doing it properly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's it. That's exactly right, exactly right. But I had to say that. And also I want someone who's going to put America first, because I've seen so many things in my lifetime that I happen to like Donald Trump. I know he can be a bit spicy at times and all that type of thing, but I think his heart is in the right place and I'm going to vote for him, all right. But I just thought I called and tell you, well, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Is this your first time calling my show?
Speaker 5: No, I called you before. Dan, I'm telling you you were a great little reporter. Everyone wanted to speak with you, but you were blonder then.
Speaker 12: I think, thanks, Well, just remember this all.
Speaker 2: I got a haircut today and if you I still have it up there is. That's the point. I don't care what color it is, as long as as long as I have a good I had TV here at this described.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, yeah, well you covered many stories. We had many many stories. I was in probation be forty years, got all types of stories. I almost missed a job to be truthful. Very nice to speak to you.
Speaker 2: Did you talk to you again?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: Good night? Right, good night. Next up we're going to go to Bill in Pennsylvania. Bill you in next on Nightside? Go right ahead?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Thanks Dan? Hey, are you sitting down for this one? I am Okay, listen, this is I was just over to BFW tonight and there's maybe maybe thirteen fourteen guys in there, a couple gals in there, every one of them inside job. And we started discussing it, and uh, one guy that was in military intelligence for one hundred years comes up with this theory. This is the kind of kid that the CIA would recruit for a job like this. And you noticed that it happened after they thought for sure they were going to put Trump in jail, and when the Supreme Court came down and said that no, in fact, the president does have immunity in certain cases. That's when they went to plan B that they were sitting on the shelf.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about that. I feel you know, I got to tell you, if that is true, we are now a banana republic.
Speaker 7: I mean, if a banana republic.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I mean, if that's true, I hope and believe it is not true. By the way, it's not inconceivable that Donald Trump is going to be By the way, I think Donald Trump has a sentencing hearing on September eighth on that case in New York. It's conceivable that that judge might say, hey, we're putting in the in jail for sixty days or whatever. I don't I don't think he's likely to do that. But that's a pretty damn.
Speaker 7: Interesting judge this case here, Okay, it's it's this is the way they do things, all right. They go out and they recruit a kid like that, and they put them on the shelf, and when they need him, they need them.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 7: Listen, when I saw that guy up there that took over the Secret Service, Okay, he was. He didn't answer all the questions, but a couple of things that he said that just blew my mind, okay. Was one of them was he couldn't tell us. Okay, he couldn't tell what kind of a range finder it was. Okay, that's first thing. Okay, seventeen days into it, he should have known exactly what kind of range finder that was. The second thing was all right when he admitted that that the Secret Service pulled their drone out of the box and it didn't work. But by the way, the shooter had his head his drone running around about an hour and a half before that. And then and then the Pennsylvania State Police come over and said, oh, what's wrong? Your your your drone won't work here. We got a couple. You can use one of ours. Now, if their main purpose in life is to keep is, it doesn't matter who to protect them, whether it be Trumper or Biden or HARRISONI if they're offered a drone because theirs is broken and the number one concern is to keep you know, this person alive. Because by the way, the Iranians. Okay, one mile back.
Speaker 2: I'm not disputing your theory. I'm not disputing your belief, I should say. But if your theory is true, and I hope to God it isn't, then we are in a Banana republic at this point. Okay, we are a Banana republic.
Speaker 7: But last thing, that the last thing, that last thing that blew me away, Dan, was this Peter Struck and Lisa Page. You get fired from the FBI because all the shenanigans they pulled, all right, they sue the FBI and the FBI okay without even going to court. Okay, it gives him one point two million and gives her eight hundred thousand dollars. Tell me, we're not in the Banana republic.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're convincing me. But but I'm just telling you that not as a journalist, not having investigated all. Let me finish, Plaze, I have an interrupted Bill, let me finish as a journalist. I have to go back and read the court documents, find out what the cause of action is what I assume was it was improper termination or something like that. You know again, this is this is a program where people like you and me get to express our opinions. But if I sit here and say, you know what, Bill, You're right, I agree with you, I would be i would be lying to my audience number one, and I'd be lying to you. But I'm not gonna sit here and say Bill, well, I'm I'm not I'm going to cut you off. That's the That's what I'm what I try to do it. This is a forum for ideas. I think that that you have you have put together you know, issue A with issue B, issue CEE, issue D or whatever. I don't see the the connectivity that you see, and I hope to god you're wrong.
Speaker 7: Well, the last thing I gotta say Dan is this, if he starts getting way ahead in the polls against Kamala, Okay, they better put the better, they better beef his beef, the guys, the guys that jumped on him, was the guys that he better keep them around and get some more like him, because once he starts getting, once he starts getting.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to go here any further with you, Okay. I appreciate you calls your regular caller. I think that you go gave us your theories, but I'm not going down that road any further with you at this point. So we'll talk again. I hope have a great night. Here comes the eleven o'clock news on night Side Big Back right after this