Speaker 1: A shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of Idiotology. We'll let your taco one O one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: But you're freaking idiots, all right. Couple reminders for you, Rock the Bank cash giveaway, so those we'll be picking back up and right around nine oh five, sure to get that first keyword of the day. See if we can extend our wind streak here on the Lynching Taco Show with one of you winning a grant this morning. Before that, though you say we played, if you haven't voted in that, you have the opportunity to do so for about another fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Jr. Facebook page. Who's the featured man this morning? W chavelle? Okay, the three songs are the Clincher, Hats Off to the Bull or face to the floor.
Speaker 2: All right, the one with the most votes we'll play at nine and then somebody who votes randomly picked. We'll give you highly suspect tickets for the show this weekend at House of Blues. They actually have two shows this weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I get your vote in about fifteen minutes. You have stick. Well, let's begin in a Virginia Lovers Virginia's are lovers for lovers?
Speaker 2: Yes, we established that. I say hello to forty eight year old David Campbell from Stafford, Virginia. David was charged with breaking and entering assault in public intoxication after mistaking a Wednesday evening Bible study group for a human trafficking operation.
Speaker 1: How the hell they see David was at home having a few on Wednesday night. Caught the intoxicated part. But still that wouldn't cause you to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, it would if you're irritated because the Bible study, or in his eyes, the human trafficking operation, was causing cars to be double parked at your neighbor's house with the folks who had shown up with their bibles to.
Speaker 1: Gather, and oh a church, this was somebody's house.
Speaker 2: So David, you know if you now, I am not trying to diminish human trafficking here whatsoever. That either to whatever floats your boat.
Speaker 1: He uh.
Speaker 2: He calls the cops and says there's there's a human traffic operation going on, and rather than waiting for the cops to come and investigate, David now decides he's gonna take matters into his own hands and barges into the Wednesday night Bible Study group. Cops are still on the phone, and he's hurt making threats. Oh, the cops are still on the Rather he's calling them rather than waiting, you know what, five minutes for them to show up. He's talking to them while he's busting down the door to take matters. Nobody just have a picture of him, though probably more than a few.
Speaker 1: That guy has hammer times God dog, he can't keep his eyes open for the the mugshot. Dave never going to believe what happened at Bible study Tonight's say in prayer for him.
Speaker 2: Kind of quietly over the weekend, the Boy Scouts officially changed their name to Scouting America on Saturday. Now we knew this was coming. They waited though, for Saturday, which was the one hundred and fifteenth anniversary, to make it official.
Speaker 1: CEO Roger Crone.
Speaker 2: Explains what's going on with the name change and why they did this.
Speaker 3: The argument that I make with the people that say, well, I always like Boy Scouts of America or BSA, why we have to change membership is at historical loads.
Speaker 1: Part of my.
Speaker 3: Job is to reduce all the barriers I possibly can for people to accept us as an organization and to join.
Speaker 2: Let me decode that for you. They want to be more inclusive and put some chicks in there. They've taken the boy element out of their their organization. However, Roger, your membership is at an all time low. I don't think it has anything to do with the name of the organization, but perhaps some problems it Scout leaders may have caused your organization and improper behavior with some of the boys pitching tents.
Speaker 1: Come on, we could go on for days here, Roger, do we have to be concerned about now? Is there going to be like a big uproar about trans Scouts? What Boys Scouting America? You you want to go and join their organization? You what? Whatever you bring it?
Speaker 2: And I'm not quite sure if everybody wears the same little outfits or not.
Speaker 4: I told you I had Scout socks. Wait, wait, hold on a second, I don't remember in high school into college. Why Well, because I was in the Boy Scouts for a week. You were in the boys for a week.
Speaker 1: I'd never do that. Yes, you did, I know I was in you know? How I know you know? Were you a cup Scout? First? Hell? No? I was only in the boy Scouts for one week. Did that part get by you? Why would it be a cup? Okay? Why were you in? Just I'm sorry, I'm not I didn't retain this story. Remember the trail where we covered all the hiking sides of mud? Okay, because we may have allegedly been high.
Speaker 2: You were a bad scout? Oh god, yeah, you weren't boy Scout material. We yeah, definitely, okay, I remember now.
Speaker 1: It is Delta Day myself and who else was it who coached you all? Did your parents sign you up for that? Or no? No, we just our buddy Steve was doing it, and I do that camping, got in the wood and smoked some pots. It's got in the woods and smoked some pot and well we did just that. And then when you are hiking back in the I guess that'd be the eighties, they had a route for you to follow the hiking trail. They would have one one single line means go straight, right or left, and then there's two that means this, this or this. And we were at you know, a little off, and we decided to cover some lines. But it blew up in our face because we got lost in the old Califorest. Then they had to have all these people. We ended up hiking like twenty miles or something, going circles. Yeah, and then they found lighters. They found a lighter and some like a foil. That ended your scouting crew, That's what it was. So you were actually kicked out of the scouts. Yeah, okay, all right, but I had boy scout socks until well into my college years. How many pairs did they give you? I only had one because I was only in for a week. Who's just they were the most durable. They just in the rotation. Yeah, okay, there were the most durable socks ever. And that what you get, you know, or the nerdy chicks you can say I was. They don't have to know the story about my scouting A seamy tye some knots Yeah exactly. Wait, now that could be creepy. So I was ten percent scout. Rubbed these sticks together and start a fire. See I rode these sticks next your nipples? Sorry, whoa yeah, tune in Tokyo Pat's doing over there. We were so childish and I had that song so long time. I had those socks. When I worked here at JRR, I wore them on one or two times.
Speaker 2: Okay, speaking of being outdoors and whatnot. Naked and Afraid Season eighteen is coming.
Speaker 1: Because again they're durable, that's why, because you know they're scouting socks. Okay, Naked Afraid eighteen.
Speaker 2: I have the trailer with the preview of something they have done on this show before.
Speaker 1: I was trying to guess what it would be.
Speaker 2: They'll be featuring the show's first double amputee. She has no legs. Her name's Mandy.
Speaker 1: She's gonna get annihilated, they always.
Speaker 2: I watched this trailer and they like have her nude blurred out as always, but shuffling across the ground, and I'm just like, there's no way this is gonna end.
Speaker 1: Well, no, Pat, big Naked and Afraid fan over here. I've talked about it on the show where that let's say, I've watched it many times, and I know there's the other one where the two dudes are out there and they have to survive basically, but Naked and Afraid. They always get eaten up by ants and stuff. Oh god, they're going straight to you know, yeah, yeah, the cubby hole. See if I was there with my scouting past, you know, I might have been the Scouts for two weeks because we did do the UH I got a floating patch, you like the swimming badge I did, but water and floating. They did the test ever at Delta Dave's house, and I almost failed it because I couldn't look when I float. You gotta go and let all you're out and then just lay. But I'd start floundering. Yeah. Then came the hiking trip. Are you sure it was only a week?
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 1: I just said it was. I think it was a couple of weeks duration. I remember we met at a church and I had really bad gas shocker and was cutting farts. I was a child. No one was rubbing two sticks together when that was going on. Older man, download the iHeartRadio app and listen any time from anywhere. This is j R R.
Speaker 4: Welcome to