Speaker 1: Much for being here. I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule. I know you have a lot of projects doing, you know, going on right now. So thank you so much for coming and private talk couch with us. So tell private talk who you are. I know, I'm gonna let throw this out there. I've been a fan of you for quite some time. This is like way back when we'll get back into that. We'll get into it a little bit later. Because it's about me, it's about you. So after choreographer, dancer, a rapper, you kind of do it all.
Speaker 2: No, I don't wrap you don't wrap up. I mean I can't bust a verse. You know what I'm saying some verse?
Speaker 1: It's today going to be the day you're going to bust and verse. Are you like an on the spot busted verse type of person?
Speaker 2: I do? I mean, you know, I'm a writer. I'm a songwriter, so verse all the time.
Speaker 1: So can you bust a verse for Team Taxis Team Texas?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: At some point you know, all right, if NEOs saying I can bless.
Speaker 1: I mean we gotta do something spectacular. Neo, did you know he graced me with his beautiful voice? Singing independent woman because I am the independent woman. Yeah, so it was very it was very fun. I kind of like pushed it out of him, but he definitely did it from me. He was like not wanting to, but reluctantly just like real shut out of him. You know, sometimes it happens. It happens, all right, So tell us what you have going on right now. I know you have a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Columbus short is my name, and my game is what you said. I'm a producer, writer, director, actor, currently producing several shows, a couple of movies, in the middle of a production on a movie right now. We're on holiday break and playing Martin Luther King, which is really awesome. It's been kind of like a a dream realized. I've been like wanting to play that role for like many years. Was close and movies, you know, fell apart, and finally like we're doing it.
Speaker 1: So, you know, so you manifested its way into like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talk about that.
Speaker 1: Manifesting is I'm big into manifestation, huge manifestator. I like that. I mean too me as well. I definitely like staged the whole space before we came here. I was telling my cameraman I was like, just in case you wanted to that smell, it just staged. You know, you start off clean.
Speaker 2: I knew what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's like, you know, I want everybody's energy to be pure and like beautiful and like you know you, yeah, showcase you as best as we can exactly. So what is the what are you on? Break from shooting?
Speaker 2: It's called remember Me, I'm playing Martin Luther King.
Speaker 3: It's like the story of Mahelia Jackson and Martin Luther King's like relationship during the start of the civil rights movement, how he went and like recruited Mahelia to be a big voice, an advocate or ally I would say for the movement. It's a beautiful story being shot beautifully. Let us he's playing Mahelia. We got a really cool cast.
Speaker 1: When do you think that it's gonna project it to come out?
Speaker 3: We were talking about that last night with the producers. We got to finish the movie first, So honestly, we got shut down because of COVID, like two days, three days before Christmas. One of the crew members got COVID, so they shut us down for fourteen days. We're back up first week, second week of January, so I think if we wrapped by the end of January, we'll probably try to be like a late release this so we can be at least in contingent for possible trophies, you know, nice.
Speaker 1: Season manifestation, Right, it'll happen. It'll happen. We're going to will it into existence. We are. So, what's one thing that you've learned during this pandemic.
Speaker 3: That I have always been on kind of a lockdown. I've always been kind of quarantined.
Speaker 1: It's in your own mind or like.
Speaker 3: Self, Like I don't like I keep I'm a very private person in some way. I'm on private talk.
Speaker 1: Private talk of the that's all we happy here Columbus.
Speaker 3: But I like I live a low key life. I'm just I work a work, work work, and so.
Speaker 1: So nothing really changed for your trying to say it.
Speaker 2: Actually went, you know, for creatives.
Speaker 3: I think, uh, the lockdown has been super great for us because, like you like yourself, look what you've done.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Somebody said to me the other day, like, if you say you're a hustler, if COVID hasn't made you a hustler, then there's what you weren't in it.
Speaker 1: I saw that quote this morning, and I was like, that's the damn true that I can't see anything at all because it's like, you know, we all we'll have something that's going on. We're all, you know, doing something, but it's like we either switched it up a little bit and kind of like fits a different route or whatever. But it's like, you know, as a different definitely trying times, and not everybody has the same creative you know minds that you know we artistically are doing. But you know, in any sense of the word, you are artistic in your own talents. And if you couldn't make it out of all of this, you know, it's I.
Speaker 3: Think the world was moving so fast, so much is going on in the first people to like focus on what matters, Like do things that you said you were going to do that you put off, whether that's making a scrapbook, writing a script, you know, doing your album, finishing your app, you know, whatever your passion is. That people, because life was moving so fast, uh, they put their passions are the things that they really want to do on the back burner.
Speaker 1: So I believe in that for sure, because I feel like there's a lot of things with myself that I wanted to do that, just never thought I could have the time or whatever. And even with like the shift of gear and what I was doing and being on the road every weekend and doing that stop. Yeah, and then it was like and my mind I was just talking about to my one friend. I was like, I don't think I would have ever like I was in the gears of motions of slowing things down, but if nothing abruptly would have happened, I would have have shifted the gears of where I'm at now. And you know, who knows if that's good, batter and different, but I believe it's a good you know, everything happens for a reason, so we're gonna keep on trucking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it for sure. So what do you think about mainstream media?
Speaker 3: This is a this is a good question. It's it's it's it's a it's a it's a double ledged sword gift. It's definitely gift occurs, you know, if I can like directly relate it to me personally. So, like very young, at like twenty one, I was like, you know, choreographing for Britney Spears, and you know, I saw you know, creative directing. So I saw like what fame and what the media does to her.
Speaker 1: Like behind the scenes, like what.
Speaker 3: They're doing, like you know, headlines that weren't true, these are you know, things like that, and I saw the toll it takes on them, right, And then it's like once I became my own man, and like my name became a name, I guess you would say, you know, I felt it on me, not for somebody else. And that's when I was like, you know, f the media I got. I was really angry at like TMZ and you know, these bloggers and these things that are necessary to the game.
Speaker 1: Right, So why were you mad? Per se? Because they were lying about you, because they were putting you in a false narrative, or they in all of the above.
Speaker 2: Correct, And I'm not one to.
Speaker 1: And because you said you're so private, right, So my.
Speaker 3: Whole career has been I believe in mystique. Right, I still believe in old Hollywood, Like you've never seen me on a reality show or doing that. Like you're not going to get into my life because I want you to believe the characters that I'm playing when I'm on screen, right, something Right, So when the first time you really get into my life and it's a false narrative and they're running it and running it and running it. I was I was like, you know, arrogant enough to think, well, it's just going to go, it's to blow over. But it really did have some some irreparable damage to my name, to my to my my ability to do what I love to do. So I was angry about that for a long term. What way, you know, So if we're gonna be bluntt.
Speaker 2: Shirt, you know, I'm gonna keep it on. I'm gonna keep it on.
Speaker 1: Buck I like it. Columbus private talk. I hope you're listening because he's about to get real with us, be real book.
Speaker 3: So you know, I was in you know, at the height of my career, I guess you'd say on Scandal. It was a number one show on ABC, and it was a big deal that you know, Kerry Washington and African American, first African American to be leader series on the network television. And I was number two, you know what I mean, thank you, And it was a big deal. But I was in a very very toxic marriage, like like toxic to the it's in the book.
Speaker 2: You guys got to get the book.
Speaker 3: People. You gotta read it too. Maybe you read a couple of chapters, but you gotta read it. And when I was decided I had enough of the toxicity, my ex wife like was like, it's almost like that graveyard love, Like if you're gonna you're not gonna write off in the sunset and be happy, and I'm not like, you're gonna you're and be famous and be.
Speaker 1: The kind of So I'm gonna tear you down with me.
Speaker 3: And she knew, she told me, you know, I didn't believe her. She was like, I can tear I can I can destroy you in an instant.
Speaker 1: I'm like, how And now I'm sure and you know, no offense and we're getting to know, but I'm sure you had an ego so of me like no one can tear me down whatever.
Speaker 3: Again, but it was it was it was a I've always I've always been humble.
Speaker 2: I'm a humble man.
Speaker 3: But there was a air of what are you talking about, Like I'm covered, I'm protected by see by Disney, by Shanda by you know, I got my squad. You can You're not just gonna drag me and she she she went to the lowest road. I guess the only thing she could say is like that I was abusive to her, which I never was, right, If anything, it was the opposite, which men don't talk about. They don't talk about allowing women to be abusive to me.
Speaker 1: But I think it's also because people the out like society thinks that maybe it shows men are weak, which is not something. It's a weak thing.
Speaker 2: It's but I think that.
Speaker 3: But I think that it's an easy narrative for the masses to agree with. First of all, being a black man being in a powerful position. Of course he's probably abusive, of course, and the fact that I was quit quite frankly really just ashamed of the fact that I was like abusing drugs at a high level to maintain, like I try to maintain my life with her.
Speaker 1: How do you think that that would have come to light if nothing like as crazy when came to light with your situation of you getting help.
Speaker 3: No, because I went to rehab after season. Had they forced me to go? It wasn't because it was because I was like, drama happened with my wife and on set, and.
Speaker 2: You know, I was left set.
Speaker 3: This is all this I got opened the book with this but I left set one day February twelve, twenty twelve. We were shooting episode two twelve, Season two, Episode twelve.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to rewatch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I like left set, like I found out some information and I was like Distrata walked across the street to Gower. I was we shot on rosc Gower and Sunset. So I walked across the street to this liquor store next to Roscoe's, bought this bottle of shar Dan just started walking toward like one oh one, and I'm like, got my passport, I got my ID, like I'm leaving. I'm just like on some Dave spell shit, I'm going to Africa. It's crazy, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: So I'm out.
Speaker 3: I'm out and to get your advocate tickets ready, baby. And I think you know it was It went down in the production report. You know Columbus Short walking down Sunset and in six thousand dollars worth of clothes and uh in a wine bottle. Yeah, he's gonna need to go to rehabit.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I did that, and nobody knew, like the media media. I went back to season three. Nobody ever found out at this point.
Speaker 1: Sorry to interrupt your story, but at this point were you doing like things on set that would make them what you do that It was just literally that that moment, they're like, something's wrong if you know, this isn't your character exactly.
Speaker 3: So they were like it got all the way to the top, and they're like, the only way we can let this ride.
Speaker 1: Is if you're gonna go and get get help.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So and it was more important for them for me to like see somebody to talk about what was really going on because they knew. But I was like so ashamed of how dysfunctional my life was, so I hit it, you know, and dealt with it on my own private little ways.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, that's natural. I think that you know, it's it's it's only natural to be a person in your stature, Like you're getting into success, this limelight and all these things that you saw other people doing you coming up in the business, and now it's all the lights on you, and it's like, hey, I'm not a bad guy. You're making me the bad guy, and I'm not a bad guy. So it's like you almost have to defend yourself. But the more you defend yourself, the more you look guilty.
Speaker 3: And then exactly, so I said, I'm not going to say anything, right, I'm not going to say anything.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to fight back.
Speaker 3: And I was kind of honer against the courts, like, you know, you made these false claims in court. There's no way, nothing, nothing is true. There's no pictures, there's no you know, there's nothing saying, no evidence of this at all. So I'm like, but don't play with the court. It's what I figured out, like not showing up the court dates I was in, Like I was in Barbados on one of the court days. So when I got back, now I have failure to appears. Now I have you know, they think I'm just arrogant. So they're like, you know what, Oh we're gonna, Oh, we're gonna, We're going.
Speaker 1: You just think if you didn't gonna go, I just.
Speaker 2: Maybe because I never really.
Speaker 1: Dealt with legal Yeah you were to be in trouble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, I would never dealt with it. So I'm like, it's not in it. Really, my honre behavior really was you know the problem. And then now I'm like, got a probation officer and now I'm like huh. So then you know, I was still doing coke at that time, so I'm like and smoking weeds and I'm like pissing dirty.
Speaker 2: So now I'm like failing.
Speaker 3: I don't know what a probation violation is, Like you're going to jail, That's what happens to get a probation violation. And so all of these things just started compiling. And then the thing that really shocked me, not shocked me, but hurt. But I understand now completely is that the ones that I expected to have my back had to distance themselves like almost like we have like everybody has to distance themselves from Columbus because he's not it's not a good he's not a good looker.
Speaker 1: Now you say that you understand that, Now what do you understand from that?
Speaker 2: That one?
Speaker 3: You know, when you have a certain stature and your name is respected in a certain way. Let's say, I'll uh, Chris Evans, who's a really close friend of mine.
Speaker 2: He's Captain America.
Speaker 3: I can't like he's focused his image like he can't be And that's the that's.
Speaker 1: The part about you know, the industry, is that as much as they're your friends, they can only like support you so much without tarnishing something in their own thing because of like having something.
Speaker 2: Happens just a bad look.
Speaker 3: So you know, I had I had all that like anger about that, and then I was so it was like writing this book was kind of the cathartic healing process for me to like you know, the man writing for the child.
Speaker 2: I guess I was. You know, there was still a lot of check. You know.
Speaker 3: I was always a pro, like I can I can do this, it's in my sleep. But I couldn't do life well Like I wasn't didn't have life skills, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it had to like I had to grow up.
Speaker 3: All of it was meant and I'm grateful for every trial, every tribulation that I went through. I'd go through it again if I had to to learn what.
Speaker 2: I know now.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I mean I feel like, you know, obviously there's a lot of bad parts that happened, but I think that everybody's you know story. We all go through shit, we all you know, we all internalize it differently, we always heal differently and things like that. But as long as you can come full circle and see the good and the bad, and the indifferent of all it and know that that you're just you're moving forward to a better place. I feel like then that's you know, the first you know in the process of like grieving and like healing to the better person of yourself.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we're gonna give you.
Speaker 1: A applause to that too. I mean it's hard work, you know what I mean in every day you know now even it's like it's you know, we all like I've been divorced, you know myself, and it's like, even though it was a decision that I made, it was a difficult decision even if you.
Speaker 2: Choose it, it is terrible, like divorce and death are like and.
Speaker 1: I and honestly saying that, you say that is because I had a conversation with my ex husband and he said, when you know more to the healing side of things, was like it was like like the only thing I can, like example of whise to it is like it's like you died and I can't had no access to you, had nothing whatever, and I had to mourn you in a way and get over the loss of you because of that. So it's like you're mourning the death of a relationship. Really is what it is, you know, and and that's just a factual thing. And you know, it was a hard realization because you know, nobody wants nobody gets married to get divorced. You want that situation into work, and you want to you know, be grow as one. But sometimes that's just not in the cards for everybody. And some people throw apart and some people are toxic. And when you're young, you make decisions for yourself and each other that you may not have done in an awoke moment of things, you know what I mean, Like when you said the first relationship is it was toxic. You know, sometimes us being young, we thrive off of things that happen in our childhood that we're working those or a product of you know. And it's unfortunately with my healing, you know, I blamed my parent I went through process of blaming myself, I mean, my parents, blame me whatever, and then just realizing what it was is because I wasn't given the tools to deal with or know how to have a good relationship, because I wasn't shown that. And not that my parents' relationship was horrible, but what I saw from the choices and staying and things like that is also implemented in decisions that I've made in my current life, you know, and things like that. So it's it's it's just awareness of now we have these tools, and I may not have gotten the when I'm younger, but I can only make an excuse for so long because I'm an adult. I can't keep blaming anybody but myself because I'm allowing myself to preach the situation you heard it's.
Speaker 3: Crazy because it's because I was in a place just like that where I'm like I was. I was comfortable in toxicity because that's all I knew. When when when I got like peace, I'm like, something's wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting, like.
Speaker 1: But that's also probably why you went to all their alternatives, drinking, drugs, whatever, is because you thought I was happy. But then those womens were like, let me just block it out.
Speaker 3: Let me just yeah, I know it, I know it's toxic, but I'm gonna rock.
Speaker 1: This out because and for me, I don't know your son, you know, indulge is that it was that I don't want someone to give up on me, because I wouldn't want to give up on someone else.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: So it's like we're doing this together right and code dependent on each other's you know flaws and you know the insecurities and everything, and then you know someone so well.
Speaker 3: I never wanted to be the guy that like made it. And you know she was with me before I was quote unquote Columbus short. So I'm like, I'm gonna write it out. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna.
Speaker 1: Blow up and leave you because of image wise.
Speaker 3: No, just because of loyalty, Like I'm a loyal man. You know what I'm saying, Like I'll ride. You know what I'm saying, once you're not, once you become dangerous to me like I can't. There was that point where it was like, okay, you're dangerous to me and my livelihood. And you know that proved Uh, that proved correct for a season, but thank goodness, I'm resilient and life changed came back around.
Speaker 1: So how how did with all of that being said, whatever, how did you overcome addiction? You went to rehab.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be I'm gonna be honest with you like I was never completely honest with you. I wasn't addicted to cocaine like I was. You know some I know people that are just it was. It was a thing like I literally I had to stay up.
Speaker 2: You know. It was like adderall and coke. I was like, those are my options. You know. It wasn't like I was partying, like let's go like you know.
Speaker 1: What everybody's addiction, how I's so.
Speaker 3: The so, the the the the self diagnosis of I thought I was my own pharmacist, like, Okay, I'm gonna do coke. I'm gonna get high, then I'm gonna come down because I'm gonna drink. And I was just doing this like for about a year and a half, like this real balancing act with things that were not healthy for me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And once I went.
Speaker 3: To rehab, cr twusson, shout out, and we just got down to the bottom of shit. So it's to cuss, but we got down. Yeah, we got down at the bottom of like why, like what's going on? Like stuff I didn't deal with as a child, And I think, you know, you just hit the nail on the head. Is we walk around with all these bags and we accumulate them and accumulate them and they start to damage our interpersonal relationships, They damage ourselves, our emotional stasture, our self esteem, whatever we can put up front, so we can put up all these insecurities that people don't want to talk about and tell it rears its ugly head. And even then we don't deal with this. So like Black people especially, we deal with trauma after traumas after traumas, and we're taught to just keep moving, like you just keep pushing, don't even talk about it. You bury it under the rug, and you just go. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But I put I feel like you put that in a color thing.
Speaker 2: I feel like I mean that everybody.
Speaker 1: I think it's everybody, Like I don't think, I mean for myself, you know what I mean? Like, I like, we don't talk about it. What happened last yesterday, were moving on like nothing happened today. And that's kind of like why I have why I did the same pathig. I don't think so, I mean for I think it's just a human thing. I think people are too caught up in like an image of being the perfect family, the perfectness, the Perfectever, nobody's perfect. People have flaws, people are gonna make mistakes. There's no book to why and how we're supposed to live this life it's what what's your path and what's your That's always say is to each his own. Whatever works for you may not work for me, but if it's not harming me in my life, then it is what it is.
Speaker 2: So the real thing was, you know, laying that down was easy.
Speaker 1: It was not about was that the first time that you actually had like a counseling where you actually like talked about these things.
Speaker 3: Like crazy about model and I like, so I had this like crazy idea that all therapy was like Koch's like they're crazy because my mom is nuts, right and period. And I'm like, no, I'll never talk to nobody.
Speaker 1: I'll never know you had a preconceived notion of what I was like this was forced to do it.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And then you know, uh shout out to another doctor, h Charles Sophie, he's the man sitting down with him just on just just chopping it up when things are getting confusing in my head or things I need to just work through or job you know insecurity is about like a big job that's coming up, and am I gonna be able to you know, am I going to be able to perform? I'm not gonna be am I gonna fail, I'm gonna mess this up. Pressure, you know what I mean? How to just deal with it?
Speaker 2: Like Lebron. I give this example.
Speaker 3: Lebron didn't win those championships all those years, and it was like he was always close, and you know, I wasn't until he like went sat down with somebody. There's like something blocking your you're blocking yourself. And once you figure that out, then it's like whow and that's to happen.
Speaker 2: It was like the whole game changed.
Speaker 1: That's that's amazing, that's really cool. I mean, that's that's really I have a great admiration to that. You know, people don't like to deal with their problems sometimes and they'll just be like, oh, okay, I'm I'm supposed to do this. I did the time. All right, I'm good, and you go back right into the same thing. But it's like again being aware and like fixing it. And again it's not something that's a quick fix. It's an everyday thing, you know, it's just you continue to keep learning those things.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: You posted on ig you did a suicide you know for prevention and things like that, how you know, and a post you did about like a suicide. I think awareness and like how do you deal the encouragement like and with encouragement of it, Like how did you deal with these trying times with all the COVID and all these like bad times in the world and all this like crazy, all this craziness, you know, what's been going on the last year, Like how do you deal to be on this uplifting keeping this uplifting space where you have grown from to that.
Speaker 3: You've the power of the word and the power of thought is everything. What we think is where we are right, So you can be in that dark place of depression, right, people can get depression is real, which then depression leads to seruicide a lot of times. But it's you're you're thinking, You're thinking, so I no matter what's going on, I'm always thinking positively. I'm always thinking that this is not bad. It's not it's not bad. Like whatever it is, we're gonna get through it, you know, Like I said, powerful manifestation. So as as the world is crazy and the world is turning and it's looking it's looking bleak, and people don't have jobs and homeless homelessness is at all time high, and you know, there's still hope.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: There's always tomorrow if you don't give up, Like I could have laid down in the middle of the street and gave up, like completely, Like there's no way I'm going to be able to do what I love again. There's no way I'll have to find happiness. There's no way I'll find love again. There's no way I'll you know, have a family, there's no way, Like I should just I should just quit. And by quit, you can lay down and give up or actually put a bullet in your head or something, right, And I never quit. I just kept putting my foot in front of the other.
Speaker 2: Every day.
Speaker 3: There was always tomorrow until you know, I I was crawling and I was walking and I was running, and I was written.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. And so that is how you can get through these times.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I applaud your you know, your journey and you sharing that with us here on private talk. You know it's not I know, it's not always the easiest things, and so you know, talk about things that.
Speaker 3: Personal Like I'm an open book. I used to be like super super private. Now I'm like, look, let's keep it UPU.
Speaker 1: But you did write your book Short Stories, Yes, yes I did. So tell us where we could find that that is.
Speaker 2: You can get it on Amazon.
Speaker 3: You can get it on Walmart dot com, Target dot com.
Speaker 2: It should be on shelves once they open back up.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to get in your have to like sign it for me.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm gonna bring it. I'm gonna bring you a copy.
Speaker 1: I like it. I did. I haven't read it yet, but I you know, I've read like excerpts. But I definitely I was a fan from Scandal. I'm a Scandal fan. I was super like. I was religiously all about the show. I loved it. I was sad to see you go. It definitely was a journey that I guess that you needed to go on to be the person that you are now and now you're doing bigger things. Yes, So what is your favorite or let's say this, what is your hardest role that you've ever played? Mmm?
Speaker 3: Hardest that our most challenging. I would say was the most challenging. I played Little Walter in Cadillac Records. That was a very challenging role.
Speaker 1: Can you explain it to us why?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, there wasn't a lot of footage on him to like emulate and emulate, right, So I.
Speaker 3: Had to I had to like really build a character from scratch, only with the information I knew. He played Harnmonica, he was from Louisiana, he was from the Bayou, he spoke French. So then I had to go get a dialect coach to find this this buy you Patois, you know, southern Louisiana.
Speaker 1: And this is all the stuff that people out there don't realize that you put so much in your craft that you're like wanting to be this much of it, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's what I was.
Speaker 3: Doing an action movie like right before, called Armored, and so I was kind of like really ripped and you know a little bigger, and I had to be small and framing, like like a small framed guy wiry. And so the last ten days of production on Armored, because as soon as the day I wrapped Armored, I had to go to New York to start filming Cadillac Records. So I did the Lemonade Beyonce dial like did not eat an inch of food for ten fourteen days, so which I never did. So that was like taxting on my body taxing mentally. Yeah, and then you know, honestly, like I started drinking. I didn't really drink before that, but I wanted to be like him. So I was like I was drinking a bottle of Jamis in a day, like you know, like no food, no nothing like, but I was.
Speaker 1: I was so engulfed in I was in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so that was the most challenging.
Speaker 3: I think the smartin Luther King is challenging only not because of the challenge, but it's because of who he was, and you know, I want to make sure that it's.
Speaker 1: Portrayed in like the best way possible. I mean, I mean that's I mean a prestigious role to you know, be able to be a character.
Speaker 3: And you know his responsibility. I feel it, you know. So I'm like, you know, so I think those two everything. You know, I haven't been I haven't met my my biggest challenge yet.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to that. I believe it's gonna come.
Speaker 3: I know it's gonna come to where I really really stretch all the way out.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Would you consider yourself a sex.
Speaker 2: Symbol at one time? I think I was.
Speaker 1: Why one time? Why not?
Speaker 2: Now? I don't know. I'm like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, why, why are you blushing? Now? Private talk you can over here.
Speaker 3: I think that's part of the thing. I mean, the president of Sony, who gave me my career, he was like, you know, he's like, you're movie star. I'm like, what, Like, but what defines a movie star? I'm an actor clan, I'm like a real actor. I'm not just He's like, no, every man needs to want to be you and every woman needs to want to you. And I'm like, okay, so that's the definition. Okay, So I think that's been part of who Columbus short is the sex symbol of it all. But I wanted to be I've always aspired for more than that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can feel that, but private talk things you're a sex symbol.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: What does authentic mean to you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Being authentic?
Speaker 2: First, it's not being authentic to yourself.
Speaker 3: You know a lot of people are delusional in this world, and I think IG has a big freaking delusional people. People are delusional, So you can't be authentic to yourself. You don't even know where to start about being authentic. The thing authentic is saying what you mean, meaning what you say, make your yeses yes, and your nose no. Being the same person no matter what station you are in life. Right, you're defined people. Can you know who true people are, their true character? When they have power and when they have nothing, you can find out a lot about people, right, And you should be the same person with power or with nothing. So that's being authentic, being one hundred to yourself and being the same person all the time.
Speaker 1: See that's a Southern way for me. I feel like that's why for me, it's like me being from Texas, I feel like, you know, obviously you know it was Alexis Texas and this whole you know, persona or whatever, but I never left who I was, like it was, you know what I mean. It's like I'm not better than anybody else. You know, I put my pants on every single day just like you. As long as you respect me and I can sit here and talk to you in a respectful way whatever. Until you start disrespecting do I have a feeling into like I need to talk to a certain way. But you know what I mean? And that's why for me is like it's just you know, the evolution of people and getting to know everybody. Everybody like, everybody's going through their own trials and tribulations. We don't need to put an added pressure and be like, oh I don't like what you're wearing, or oh I don't like this. It's like it's just extra for no reason. Yes, So do you think that social media? Do you think social media has given too much access to celebrities?
Speaker 3: Yes, And it's actually the celebrity giving the access. I mean, I remember I didn't have a Twitter, I didn't have an IG when I started Scandal, but it was mandated, like mandated, and it was a huge contributor to why the show was successful. You know, we live tweeting and doing all that stuff, but you know, it starts to become this thing where you like feel like you have to post something or like you have to let people in to your life.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, and you're.
Speaker 1: One of those private people here, so you're like, I'm going to give you what I want to give you.
Speaker 3: That's you know what I mean. But now, you know, think about it only fans. I mean, you know, people are just doing too much on the ground now, Like it's like, really like this is how we.
Speaker 1: Why it's only fans? Too much for you on the ground.
Speaker 3: Well that's not too much, Like I don't. I don't subscribe to anybody's.
Speaker 1: Account that sucks subscribe to mine.
Speaker 2: I haven't. Only there's free ways too, So.
Speaker 1: You're not going to subscribe to You're telling private talk Columbus short. He's telling me he's not subscribing.
Speaker 2: I could already be subscribed.
Speaker 3: I could be subscribed, was not subscribed. Subscribe, I could be go subscribe. So you're lying, go subscriber.
Speaker 1: So you're lying or taking After this episode, now you'll probably okay, we'll get back to them.
Speaker 3: So no, but like now it's all of this. It's you know, I respect the people that are normally fans that are making bread. Like that's the hustle, right, You're giving people your life for free on the ground and now you can make money.
Speaker 2: So my boy, yeah, my boy.
Speaker 3: Pleasure Pe like he's like, boy, I got I got my only fan.
Speaker 2: I'm like, he's like, I'll make bread.
Speaker 1: I'm like, for real, what what is pleasure Pe doing it? On there? Is he giving the pleasure P or is he just like doing BTS?
Speaker 2: I think he's given the pleasure P.
Speaker 1: See that's the difference for me. So like obviously gisure. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's said before a pleasure people, you can use it. I'll just say you like. But my thing is is like, so, okay, I've talked about this several times in private talk, but like in this context of conversation, it's like I had only fans before. Only fans was crazistic, you know what I mean. So you know, it wasn't made for adult performers, but dot performers made them the network popular. So it's been around for a really long time, over two years for sure, but.
Speaker 2: It just started like popping pop well.
Speaker 1: For everybody else, but it's been popping for me. But that's the thing. It's like it was. That's why everyone's like, oh, like no, I was doing stuff before. Y'all just were too late to be on certain things. And that's cool, but you know, but the same thing is why I'm not on Thriller or you know, TikTok or whatever. And I don't know those platforms because I didn't take the time to learn how to monetize from it. But that doesn't mean that wasn't around now because I haven't done it. So with the other people coming in now because of COVID and now people's money's you know, been taken on other platforms. They can't you know, tour, they can't do this then and whatever have to do. So they're doing something and not have to. They've chosen to do it because I'm about accountability. So it's about chosen to do a platform whatever. So my thing is is pick your lane. Pick your lane in it a lot of ways. So if the pleasure p wants to give the pleasure pee, then do the pleasure pee whatever. You know what I mean. But he does music as well, So that's why I say, how do you feel?
Speaker 2: Do you feel there are coming into your life?
Speaker 1: Temper? Yes, one tho. But what I do respect And I've had people on here and it's changed my opinion about it because there there's been people from different avenues. When they do when they tell me what they're doing on their platform, it works for their brand, and I get that. That's what I'm saying. Like there's some people that even just have bts of them doing or whatever. And for me, I'm all about entrepreneurship and that's how, you know, how I make my living right and I'm all about howing to make all those things work. But it's like when you come in something and you're just coming into like to do a smash and grab, that to me is a problem because now you're making it look watered down and what I've done and my craft is isn't what it really is because it to me is like my own it's my own production. I do everything myself. It's all about, you know, my personal content. I don't shoot poorn anymore, but I shoot my own stuff for myself. So that's my thread and by.
Speaker 3: And that's that, and that's see. Then you could like you're you're a pioneer in that game, in that space. To me, it looks like a lot of people are what is it called, what are you call it?
Speaker 2: Like fat?
Speaker 1: It's a fad for sure, and that's where the and that's the sash grab for me is like if you're doing on the Instagram more than you have your fan base, capitalize off it all day, but don't sit there and insinuate that you're doing other things when you're not doing it, and then.
Speaker 3: Let's do so like people that are like, I think it's misleading for said many people that are on the ground, you know, taking pictures they're making it makes people depressed.
Speaker 2: So like it's like people.
Speaker 1: That because they're faking their life and their.
Speaker 2: Life, they're faking their life taking it for the ground.
Speaker 3: Off full caps, and and it's that leads to the depression of people that are like regular people with like you know, five hundred followers that just follow all these people.
Speaker 2: They're like, why do they get to live this amazing life? Why is there Like you.
Speaker 3: Know what, like it's cool if I go on vacation, I'm on the beach, does not mean I need to this needs to go for the ground. Like, first of all, I don't want y' people to know where I'm at. Secondly, do you know what I'm saying, I don't want to make.
Speaker 1: Anybody feel better after Columbus? You do you post it the week later when.
Speaker 2: We're already but like, who are you flexing for? You know what I'm saying it?
Speaker 1: But I think it's also because of like it goes with a branding of some people because now you know, people to be famous or whatever, you can be a content creator of YouTube TikTok, and then the younger generation of like social media users are all about what you are not about is like getting in to know what their life is. You don't want that. They will sit there and have a camera twenty four to seven, And that's what why they become so because people just want to know what the most ridiculous, craziest thing in all those things. For me, that's not me either. Like I got into the business. I'm an adult. I used to be the entertainer all those things, and I'm you know, branded in that sense. And so even for me, putting my personal life is really odd to me because I'm not a Lexus Alexis, Texas twenty four seven. You know, I have a.
Speaker 2: Who are you outside of that.
Speaker 1: To know turned you know, I haven't written a book like you yet, but when I do, they're gonna find out who the other part of me really is. But that's also part of the reason why I started this podcast was before I never really did the video stuff because for me, it's weird to like hold the phone and do and not be in the moment. I'd rather have someone else video it and me just be my natural self than like like feel like it just seemed phone. It didn't seem natural to me. So that's why for me, it's like this is how I've opened up about my life, my opinions, my whatever and given my full like non censorship like reasons and like what it is. Thank you. I appreciate that. But that's the thing is like I I wanted to show that the people too, is that I'm not just a porn star. I wasn't just a porn star. I have a mind to my you know, I have a mind. I have more than just what my body was or not was it still is, but that is you know what I mean, I'm so a bad bitch. I would tell you know what's that joined my only fans, but but you know what I mean, there's disappoint It's like I'm not just a sex worker. I wasn't just that, you know. And I haven't done in the business in three to four years. But that doesn't mean that I shun the business at all. I embrace it. I you know, it's a part of who I am. I had an enjoyable time in my career and I think it's you know, it's it's just an evolution of different content creating, right, you know, and what I'm comfortable doing and creating and what you're comfortable doing and creating is different, but there's still two lanes for us. I will, but if you don't subscribe to my only fans of show, we're gonna fight.
Speaker 2: It's a ghost follower, it's just the egg. So what's this game?
Speaker 1: What's this game? We're not to my game yet, but we will take a break because I have to cope. Really had all right? All right, Private Talk, I hope you're liking this episode CAUs I surely am getting to know Columbus Shore a little bit better. So make sure you like subscribe to this episode and we'll be right back. One thing you don't know about me, I don't sleep well. My mind races because of all the years of late night appearances. I'm just always up and I can't decompress. So I found Sunday Scaries and it works for me. It helps me kind of decompress from my day and get a good night sleep. To prove it to you, I got twenty five percent off for all my fans. Go to Sundayscaries dot com and use my promo code private Talk and you get twenty five percent off. They're amazing and I know you'll love them. Guesting all right, all right, we are back Private Talk, and we are back for one of my favorite parts, Truth with Texas. I was going to put him through the ringer a little bit more, but he's got to leave us because he's a busy, busy man, and I understand it, I respect it, and I hope you guys too. So make sure you're liking subscribing to this episode. So now it's time with Truth with Texas. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: All right, don't be scared. They're all going to be ass Each suit is a different question. We're going to go through all of them. Let's do it, all right, Just pick yes, sir, hah Ace of spades. Spades, that's our favorite here. It's the naughty question. All right, Private Talk, we want to get naughty. We want to get me right?
Speaker 2: Is that when that voice comes around?
Speaker 1: That's my phone sex operator voice. I've been practicing since I was young, but a legal age of young. What's your weirdest sexual experience? Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: That's a really, that's a really.
Speaker 1: Like, it's a really what true? Columbus. We're friends now, we're all getting comfortable on this couch. We want to know the weirdest weird actual weirdest. What's weird to you may not be weird.
Speaker 2: To me, I'll be honest. So so so it's just a true story in my in my wild days, wow.
Speaker 1: Boy, let's hear it Wild days wild short it was.
Speaker 3: It was a couple of strippers that ended up becoming really good friends of mine. Actually, so I'm not going to say any.
Speaker 2: Names, but.
Speaker 3: But one the strippers women any nameless, but the main one that like initiated the whole thing. We went to her place and she was like, you know, we were about to get it cracking, and she insisted that she puts on stomp the yard.
Speaker 1: WHOA okay? And like, how weird was that for you?
Speaker 2: Super weird? Like you had to watch the whole thing, Like did she.
Speaker 1: Have a certain part that she was like, no, know, so she's done this before, but she just mastermind.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is crazy, this is this is up there?
Speaker 1: Did she tell you that she was a fan before the girls like start off that would you be like, hey.
Speaker 2: Brand new like and.
Speaker 3: And I used to be I used to yeah, I appreciate the truth, but I used to be like like the girl that would just look like that, like definitely not mess with that girl, the girl that like said.
Speaker 2: She didn't know me, Like I don't even know who you were. I'm like, oh, that's great.
Speaker 1: I believe the line.
Speaker 2: And it's a line.
Speaker 1: Doing a strip club. They're always lying to you. They tell you the truth. They want to get you all much. They want to get your dick, they want to get your something out of that club. So they can, you know, tell a story.
Speaker 3: Right, and so you know in my wild days, that was that was weird. I mean, I've had some crazy, weird moments. But you asked for one, So that's okay.
Speaker 1: We'll give us a crazy one.
Speaker 2: You get one spade.
Speaker 1: That's all I get. Like, I like, I go bigger, go home, and I'm never going home. Booty shorts or like a stringy thong one of the other booty shorts are stringy thongs like a straw string or a thong or booty shorts.
Speaker 2: Preference depends on the body. M hm.
Speaker 1: So you funk with all kinds of body types? No, No, but your your specific one apple bottom jean with.
Speaker 2: The first Yeah, I like anxiety thick thick.
Speaker 1: What is that quarantine thick from Gucci?
Speaker 2: Quarantine thick now is different like you don't want quarantine.
Speaker 1: I'm quarantine thick.
Speaker 2: You're slim thick.
Speaker 1: I guess now maybe because I work out My wife.
Speaker 2: Right now, she's slim thick.
Speaker 1: Slim thick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like them.
Speaker 1: So she's like works out but still eats some good food.
Speaker 2: So she likes Armenian. You know that they're naturally good genes.
Speaker 1: She knows what it is.
Speaker 2: I like it. Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Next one hearts it's romantic?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Would you consider yourself a romantic? No?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm?
Speaker 1: What would be your ideal romantic date?
Speaker 2: Honestly?
Speaker 1: Like on some like just bend her over and just romantic.
Speaker 3: When I say not romantic, I guess I'm not. I don't like I'm not corny, you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, not like roses like all spelled out, be like you know, like do you love me? Yes or no?
Speaker 2: Like all of that is like games, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, so, what's not your game? That's a romantic thing?
Speaker 3: I get, you know I was when I was in high school. I always tell like they're like, you got game. I'm like, my game is having no game at all, Like.
Speaker 2: I have no game.
Speaker 1: So you went that route You're like I don't have any game, like you know, like have no game.
Speaker 2: But but like I'm all into like mental, the mental, the mental.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, Like you're a mental fucker one of those.
Speaker 2: Not like I want to get inside your brain.
Speaker 1: No, but it's like you're more stimulated by like mine, what.
Speaker 2: Can we do? Like what like what we are? Dope? Like what's a dope? Romantic moment?
Speaker 1: It was riding on the coast, Like that's the most romantic thing you've done.
Speaker 2: No, I've done some romantic That's that's why.
Speaker 1: What is it? Asking? We want it? Like blind you say so many times I'm gonna be a lie.
Speaker 2: It's not a lie like blindfolded?
Speaker 1: What was the surprise I get?
Speaker 2: I'm going to get in trouble if I tell this story because I haven't if I tell you, I.
Speaker 1: Tell this story, oh that you haven't done it to your wife then so she's gonna be like, what the fuck you have a blindfolded me? Motherfucker? You better blindfold her for something.
Speaker 2: Room soon, you know, private jets and blindfolded.
Speaker 1: Private We're gonna help Columbs his wife blindfold into something.
Speaker 2: But I think I think, uh yeah, let's give this question.
Speaker 1: I'm the worst favorite romantic movie. Then we'll go there. Serendipity, Serendipity, Okay.
Speaker 2: Because my girl Kate, Kate, Kate, I love it.
Speaker 3: And before I Matt Kate, like we came really close, Like I love that movie John Q creating that movie, Saren Deipity and the one with Tom Hanks, and.
Speaker 2: Uh, what's it called? You got? You got mail? You know what you look like?
Speaker 1: Look like it just kind of like an a moment right now, look.
Speaker 2: Like, look like Goldie Hans daughter, Kate.
Speaker 3: What's your name Goldie Hans her daughter? Oh, Michael, Matthew mcconne.
Speaker 2: What's your name? Kate Hudson, Kate, it is Kate Hudson.
Speaker 1: You know it's funny. I get, I get, I get a plethora of people. I don't know if I've ever been told her. I was like, I get Cameron Diaz, I get Michelle Pfeiffer, I get Baby Baby Spice, I get and Mary Presley.
Speaker 3: Please comment on this. They're going to give you the feedback and trying to give you every Nobody's.
Speaker 2: Going to se it.
Speaker 1: Who knows, you know, I'm a great doppelganger for a lot of people. Apparently, but you know there's only one Alex and sex talk.
Speaker 3: You know what it is.
Speaker 2: So what's your favorite? Aren't you supposed to answer?
Speaker 1: These are just you? You get to ask me a question afterwards. Okay, all right, let's go, let's go, oh Club. It's a kinky question, but we're all kinky hair. So biggest turn on?
Speaker 2: Mmm, honesty.
Speaker 1: Honesty is your biggest turn on.
Speaker 2: Real, Like, be.
Speaker 3: Authentic, like you say, were authentic, Like I don't care what you do, what your past is, what your what your story is.
Speaker 2: Just be honest about it. That's the real, Like, don't hide, don't hide.
Speaker 3: I feel like people put on masks and then so many people are mad about these dead masks, but they wear masks every day.
Speaker 1: That's why they're mad about them, because the already got one on they don't want to wear too.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I'm like, just keep it, just be wrong, be real, like shock me and you'll never shock me.
Speaker 1: I feel like at this point in our lives, like we're adults. If you can't be honest to me, then move the fuck on.
Speaker 2: I tell people run along. I prefer I prefer an ugly, ugly truth. A beautiful lie, don't don't I fuck with that.
Speaker 1: Do you own any toys?
Speaker 2: Sex toys?
Speaker 1: No, like you I don't, little cars, toys, No, we're private talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, mister Gray.
Speaker 1: Can we find handcuffs?
Speaker 2: Don't You won't find handcufs.
Speaker 1: Not blindfold because your wife doesn't have.
Speaker 2: You'll find it. You'll find a U shaped situation.
Speaker 1: Oh that like g spot things like it's.
Speaker 2: Like you'll find that. You'll find you'll find some power tools.
Speaker 1: Is it like that? Is it like just soft like silicon? Look, it's probably purple like it's like a g thing. I hate that thing. That thing does nothing for me.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. You'll find a bullet, a couple of little bullet Those are good, the bullets. Yeah, go to try it and true nice.
Speaker 1: So do you have a drawer, a shelf, a room? Like, how big does this go?
Speaker 2: No, it's it's it's it's it's it's early days.
Speaker 1: So it's like, you know, so we'll have you back on again to see how many toys.
Speaker 3: Cool thing about she's gonna hate me for this. My me and my wife like we've been uh, it's just my g like we you know, there's.
Speaker 1: There's cool, But that's what's cool. I feel like once you find that partner is what's cool about. Like the exploring the world is your oyster, but then it's exploring part like you get to know what you like, what you don't like, what they like, whatever, and then you're like, oh, hell no, like you know what I mean, like which thing? And that's what's cool. It's a beautiful thing, is why. It's like why with porn I said, with myself, it's like I'm one person helping people orgas some time. So we're doing it.
Speaker 2: And now my wife's met me. And I was a I was a I was a male. I was a male. Poor Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I love how you're like mail, this isn't a PG show. It's six. Well you're a male horse.
Speaker 2: I was just out here, but you were.
Speaker 1: And she ate it. She just like and still you know that means she's a strong woman. That means that defy all of that stuff that y'all are destined to be together. If she overlooked everything like that, Like people have a past, that shouldn't define who you are. It's about who you are in the present and who you are in that relationship, right, last one diamonds spicy, spicy, Little Mama, what's your favorite position?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know what's the name of this position, and it's not it's I'll tell you. You got to tell me.
Speaker 1: Let's see, this is so bad? Why is it bad?
Speaker 2: Just because you know I'm out here giving the bars Like it's okay.
Speaker 1: Everybody has sex. You were born from sex.
Speaker 2: It's like not, it's not. It's not a doggy style, but it's laid on your hip leg up.
Speaker 1: It's like a side doggie.
Speaker 2: It's a side a side doggie.
Speaker 1: I want to be like this stallion, like the crime baby. Like you're laying on the bed and you're like.
Speaker 2: I'm a sucker for the old side.
Speaker 1: So you want to like hold the leg and the ass and so you're like pulling because you have more leverage. Like how I gave everybody a demonstration of like, yes, this is what we're doing. Did you do this with Rita No, because I had I had like I had really like really thin guidelines of what I could say to Mom because Mom brench. She didn't want to hear anything that Mom said that was too sexual. But I did ask her some questions. If you want to read. Listen to the last second minutes of it. She'll French. She left. He was like, I want to hear any of this, and I was like, I was like, but this is what part of what Private Talk wants to hear is the truth. We want to hear your truth. We want to know all those things. I appreciate you. Thank you so much for coming and taking the time. Do you have any questions for me that you want to ask me? Is the last last thing? Oh, you're like, I wanted off this. Goddamn Is.
Speaker 2: It true because I heard this?
Speaker 1: Oh you heard? What did you heard that?
Speaker 2: You were like it was strict that you wouldn't do sex scenes.
Speaker 1: It wasn't strict that I have never done a scene on camera with a black man.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that a great question? Private? I gotten down at the bottom of something.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't anybody. I always opened up to everybody to ask me what you want to do. I'm an open book. I have no nothing to hide whatever. If you want to ask the question this question, no, I I mean, it wasn't something that was told me that I couldn't do it. But I have not ever done one. No, for me, it was just like a thing. At the beginning, it was like the levels of steps that you get and the way that they made it portrayed to me was really racist within its own porn thing that I didn't like how it depicted it was like fucking the white man's daughter and doing all these things. That was just like, that's just like, why can't I just fuck a beautiful black man? Why does it have to be something else? And then it was then it became now there's just forums of why I won't do it, that it became so much a thing that a control of why I wouldn't that they didn't look of like anything else. So it was just very like, you know, I keep it real from day I keep it real from day one. That's my thing. Is like why I gave you know, the platform of me of you know, with thing. It is like I have nothing to hide and people may not like my answers or what it is, but that's my truth. And you know, that's just how it is for me. I think that the porn industry is racist with it in itself and to come back and I think that it like, you know, for me, it is like I didn't want to feed into that anymore, like I wouldn't it to be just a like a sexual thing. And now you know, and the time that me that I got out of the industry is I don't shoot anymore with anybody but myself.