Speaker 1: Joe Escalante live from Hollywood. If by Hollywood you mean Burbank across the street from a Wiener Schnitzel, it sells beer. This is two hours of the business end of entertainment. And this is two hours Sam right, this is live tonight. We are live and football has not done anything to us, Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, it looks like we are live, which is great because you know, football seasons dwindling down, fewer games are being played, so most of those games are going to be on our sister station AM five seven DKLAC, and so we're going to get less bleed over anytime there's like a Clippers game going on at the same time as well.
Speaker 1: And we have producer Nikki here who's a big football fan. Am I right, Nikky?
Speaker 4: Oh c te?
Speaker 5: Which team is that?
Speaker 1: I know? Oj played for them? All right?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: They have a team. They have quite the all star team when you go down the list.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's just right blindsided me with that one, Nikki. Wow. Okay dark Dark, So uh we're gonna you know, this is what we do here every Sunday from five to seven and if you miss it or miss anything, keep keep listening. It'll play again and you can get the podcast version right after the show. And Uh, tonight, I want to start with something uh that affects the entertainment industry and it involves the Jost Josh Altman from a million dollar listening. Anyone seen that show?
Speaker 6: You guys?
Speaker 1: No, out of my text, I'm in the two point four million dollar listing shows because a million dollar listing I mean, I'm right series, Oh, Squatter's Rights would be a good TV show. It would. I spend a lot of time in squats as a youth because the punk rock tours, the early punk rock tours of were centered around squats. You would play a squat like you go to Amsterdam and there was that was one of the most famous ones, Van Hall Squat. You play there. First of all, you show up and you sleep there and whereever your show is might be their day early two days early, and they give you a place to sleep, and it's it's like a big Dutch building that they've taken over, the anarchiss and they have places to live upstairs, you know, which are kind of gross, but there's you know, the go ahead, the band is coming. That's mental mattress for them, you know. So you got a mattress, and then you have if you're lucky, someone will let you use their propane tanks. You can hook it up to the to the water and make hot water come out of the plumbing because they're essentially stealing all the uh the the services from the city and then they can't get hot water. So you if you have a propane tank, you could make that. And then then you have a show, and then you they charge money to get in there. Like the squad will have like the Vanhall squat in Amstagram, it would have a like a club on the bottom floor, look like a normal club, stage, sound system, a bar selling alcohol and and then then at the next day you wake up and you find out how the people are fighting with each other about who got to put on the show, because it's you know, it's a paradise, these squats, utopia. Everybody's equal. And then you just watch them fight with each other, and then you see what they do for money, which is usually sell drugs or steal bicycles as it was over there and steal bicycles and you know, rehab them and sell them. It's a wonderful world. Nikki, I'm glad you're interested in it, and then we would go to the next town and go to that squad. A next town and go to that squad. Then wait, you know what you do. Here's a little pro tip if you're going on one of these squad tours. I don't even know if they do them anymore, get all the McDonald's wrappers out of your van before you show up to the squad because they don't like that stuff.
Speaker 5: It's good advice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, oh, my gosh, paid my dues there, I'll tell you and let's see. Oh, then there's in Denmark there's a squat called Christiana and it's a whole like city block where just it's a giant part of the city that they just took over and they made their own city. Now in Christianity. They have their own movie theater, they have like like a four star restaurant, they have their own currency so you can, you know, buy and sell marijuana.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 1: Uh that was interesting. But the whole time you're like, is this, where's the hotel? That was our I.
Speaker 4: Would kill for the crossover episode between Million Dollar Listing and Squatters Rights, our new proposed series. But what happened on them on this this guy's a million dollar program.
Speaker 1: Well, this guy is you know, he's people listen to him, and he's an experts. He's saying that after the aftermath of the devastating wildfires in Pacific Palisades in Malibu, he estimated that up to seventy percent of residents might not return due to financial challenges, including under insurance, high construction costs, and he emphasized that you need to streamline building processes and reduce bureauraic obstacles to support the affected homeowners. And then like Trump flew in and just kind of mimicked that exactly thing. So we're gonna there are no more rules. We're gonna build whatever we want to build, and we're gonna build it fast, which is, you know, it's the only way they're gonna be able to build anything is by getting rid of these regulations, especially the Coastal Commission. I was I was loving to listening to President Trump rail on the Coastal Commission because they are a pain in the ass. Now, like he says, they're talking like a thousand dollars per square foot to build in places like Palasuits in Malibu. Okay, so that's that's if you have a if you had a five thousand square foot home, that would be five thousand times one thousand. I don't know what that is. I guess it's fine million. And that's just for the construction costs to rebuild, you know, it doesn't count the price of your land. Most people, what you want is a one square foot home and then it's only a thousand. But those are hard to find. So with most people heavily under insured and the construction costs skyrocketing, it's just not feasible.
Speaker 6: He says.
Speaker 1: His groom prediction is compounded by the logistical nightmare of rebuilding amidst in an area that looks more like a war zone full of burned out buildings, ash coating the area and toxic chemicals everywhere. Getting construction crews to show up at your site is going to be nearly impossible when sixteen thousand structures have been destroyed. Can you imagine that you call the construction guy and how do you become one of the sixteen thousand? Like, how do you get to the top of that list? It's just horrific.
Speaker 3: I was talking with our good friend and your mortal enemy, Matt money Smith.
Speaker 1: Oh the evil Matt money Smith, Yes, sitting pretty in his Coastal Seal beach ho.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 3: We were talking about issues that he's had with the Coastal Commission and everything like that, and how it's not like, you know, people look at incidents and events like this as being highly traumatic because of the fire, but really what ends up happening is you end up getting re traumatized by the insurance process and the problem. Like you're at your as a homeowner, your house is gone and you're at your most vulnerable, and now you're in a position where you get re traumatized by the process of trying to rebuild. I got I get a feeling that's part of the reason why there's a lot of people who are just like, we're not going to come back, because it's not just like you. You know, there's the trauma of having to see all of your favorite landmarks not be there anymore and be burnt down and look like a war zone. But then there's the trauma of getting retraumatized by the insurance companies who are putting hurdles in your way when you're at your most vulnerable, and or.
Speaker 1: The Commission or listening to the evil Matt money Smith telling you while he's sitting in his beautiful home it was untouched. But I have to in Matt money Smith's uh defense. He's my neighbor and we had a one acre fire in Los Amadows here and so we are both fire affected now, so just one you know, one acre and looking up on the news, it is true.
Speaker 2: Get the watch Duty app. That that's where I found it. That's watch app.
Speaker 3: I know everybody got that app and it's like now they're glued to it. So it's a lot of people are checking the app to see how the rain impacted the fires.
Speaker 1: Nikki, how's things? How are things going in in out of Poland?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I actually did.
Speaker 4: Uh you know, I hadn't seen my dad since I dropped off some stuff for him, like about a week and a half ago. So I went over today with a friend who's actually coming from out of town. She's getting the craziest LA experience ever. It's like rainy and gloomy for the first time all year. And I just gave her a little tour through Altadena. Not pretty, not pretty.
Speaker 1: How my friend did not lose his home in altadid He had a big, giant home there, big spread and he did, so he went back after they let them go back in and they go start cleaning up, and they realized their home was was was saved, but they couldn't live in it. Yeah, it was too much smoke, the pool was destroyed, They couldn't breathe, you know, the the it was unsafe to live in. So they had to go get a rental six thousand a month for a two bedroom apartment and they were they were lucky to get it. So, uh, yeah, it's it's it's it's pretty rough out there.
Speaker 3: Here's another thing that I've noticed. I've noticed people who are currently in living situations getting their sixty day notices because there's a lot of people who are owners of these properties who want to get people out so that they can charge people more because of the fighters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's pretty ugly.
Speaker 3: We're reaching for some pretty desperate times right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, it's going to affect the show business as if there was any production here anyway, There isn't, but the people that work in it's going to be kind of just like COVID. People are gonna have to move away and work remotely again because there's nowhere to live. I invite everybody to go where I'm building a home in the Kotino Complex, our development in Rancho Mirage. Now, Kotino is being built by the Disney Company and it's underway and there's I think there's about fifteen homes available right now. They keep going in phases and it's fricking amazing. So that's just my suggestion.
Speaker 5: Ktino looks really nice.
Speaker 1: You checking that out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking at well, I mean, you know, daydreaming over here, but really pretty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you got to. You got to check out Cotino people if you if you're needing any housing, let's take a break. Let's take a break and we'll come back. We'll do more and Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood. Joe Escalante Live from Hollywood. If by Hollywood you mean Burbank. Okay, we're going to go to the movies right now. Movies number one of the box office this week, Flight Risk, and that is it's like mel Gibson and Mark Wahlberg.
Speaker 3: Uh you know, isn't that the one with Mark Wahlberg They shaved his head and made them bald.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I haven't seen it, but I just know they have a movie and it shows you these are this is this is like you know, red This is a Red State movie. But it's number one and did twelve million in the box office, So that's still a good business. Mel Gibson is still a good business. Mufasa the Lion King number two, she's making a ton of money with the fake animals. Three is one of them days with the African American comedians.
Speaker 5: Palmer yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, we like her, right, m hm.
Speaker 1: Well, it just shows you that there's just a diverse box office audience out there. We got the the right wingers are in the top three. We have the African Americans number three, the animals, you know, everybody, Sonic the Hedgehog number four, Moana twot number two, huge movie, the movie Presence. I'm shocked at this new first week, it is number six. This one is like a psychological thriller. I think you would call it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh, actually that's very interesting. Lucy los in it. I think I think she's like one of the moms in this.
Speaker 4: I saw the trailer when I went to the theater like last week, and it looked interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's a pretty good showing for that from Neon Pictures, Wolfman from Universal that just sounds funny to me, wolf Man from Universal Pictures, seven, A Complete Unknown number eight, then of These Part two, number nine, and The Brutalist coming in at three hours and forty minutes from A twenty four at number ten. I have that on my streamer thing, but I haven't. I just can't.
Speaker 6: Not yet.
Speaker 1: Adrian Brody gonna win an Academy Award or something like that. I don't know. Oh, he's going to be nominated. But it's in the hunt, all right. So before I tell me, tell you the movie I saw, Nikki. You saw a prominent movie, didn't you.
Speaker 4: I saw two movies this week, but the one I saw at USC it was like a special screening. Was called The Girl with the Needle, made last year, but it's Denmark's entry to the twenty twenty five Academy Awards. It's her best international feature this year, and it's based on a true story of a serial killer who was active after two thousand, after World War One, who killed invants.
Speaker 5: Though that was really crazy that it's true. It's true, yes, true story.
Speaker 1: It's these Danish people is what they do.
Speaker 4: Well. It's interesting because I guess this situation that happened with a serial killer killing a bunch of infants is part of why I think that the Danish are like very strict about birth records and those kinds of policies, because there was basically none up until this point, and then they realized, you know, they weren't keeping track of these births that were just uh getting handed over to this lady, so they had really no way of tracking down.
Speaker 5: Who you know. I think she was accused of like twenty five murders.
Speaker 4: Uh, And it's it's kind of a funny not a funny story here, but the I would to go see it because anytime there's a Polish name associated with anything prominent, my dad gets an email.
Speaker 5: So I happen to see it. So this was like a Polish co production.
Speaker 4: And the director I think he was Danish, but he moved to Poland. He was partially inspired to make this film because when he moved to Poland to study or continue filmmaking, he was very shortly afterwards he was robbed and that experience made him very fascinated. This is his quote with violent people, So I guess that's a really great way to spin getting robbed it's like, you know, you know what, getting robbed was actually the best thing that ever happened to me in my career, because now I love violent people.
Speaker 5: The other the other film I saw was called Baby Girl.
Speaker 4: This is the Nicole Kidman movie about a high profile girl boss CEO who has a thing for this young intern. The movie did exactly what it meant to do, so I didn't think it was trying to do anything unsuccessfully. I think it it did exactly what I meant to do. Very obvious dog metaphors with like control in this weird relationship dynamic. But honestly, half of the movie is just about telling people to sit back down, like well, there are so many conversations that are very tense and it's like no, no, no, no, don't leave the table, let's keep talking about this. I think about twenty minutes of screen time is spent on convincing other characters to stay seated to continue a conversation which.
Speaker 1: Was just I'm not done a lot that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: A lot, well kind of it's more just like convincing people to sit back down, and they all took place in different scenarios like truly just conversational scenarios, and I was like, I think, really really poor.
Speaker 5: Communication in this film. But I enjoyed it. I probably wouldn't see it again, but I did enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Well, you're on the right track here, because the best International Academy features were announced and Your Girl with the Needle was one of them. Kneecap movie was I was robbed. They were no.
Speaker 5: Really, that's a shame they got nothing. Oh you know this show loves kneecap, so that's a bummer.
Speaker 1: Yes. So last night I saw I went to a premiere at the Bay Theater. It was the in Seal Beach. It was the opening of the Bay Theater after being closed for like twelve years for renovation and fifteen years, no since two thousand and six, it's been closed eighteen years. And they opened the theater with the movie of the Harbor Chronicles, a documentary about the longest running surf shop in world history, which actually is right across the street from the theater coincidentally, and it's still there, Harbor Surfboard. You've probably seen the Harbor Surf shirts around and featuring writer Joe Ascalante on this documentary. So wow, first time I've had a movie that I've written that had an actual premiere and so it was super fun. And I'm going back tonight where I'll be on a panel last night all the surper So anyways, if you're going to see Harbor Chronicles at the Bay Theater, you could see it. I don't know how long it's going to be there, and then then they go out and try to you know, distribute it and all that kind of stuff. It's kind of like a one film film festival at that Bay Theater right now on Main Street and Seal Beach. And so Joe Scalante live from Hollywood back after through the traffic. Joe Scalante live from Hollywood. If by Hollywood do you mean Burbank? All right, this is what we do. We're now we're getting into the award season. Nikki, you're excited. Is your first award season here with the show.
Speaker 5: I'm going to get some inside scoops, I hear.
Speaker 3: She's also going to be getting the chili dogs and the Wiener brow for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got extra set of hands.
Speaker 3: For the for our party over at the Wiener Schnitzel across the street.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, I packed my own uniform, so you know, I got my own serving tray. I'll be the best caterer at the after party, right, that's the plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's it's unlimited beers, Wiener Beers, Wiener Bruce and yeah, and half priced North Korean Fusion tacos.
Speaker 5: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the Academy Awards, I'm gonna go over some of the listings if I oh my god, and I just take it off my computer, but it's coming back hopefully. There they are the full list. Okay, so best Picture, you know, most of them I've seen. That's something I've never heard of. Norah definitely directed by Sean Baker, winner in my book The Brutalist three out four forty minutes. Haven't started it yet, as I talked about a complete unknown and that movie's okay, it's good until you see Better Man and then you go, wait a second, why didn't you make a good version of a documentary biopic Conclave? Uh, just heresy from from beginning to end Dune Part two. I was so excited by this, I wake up. I woke up three times just too, you know, so I could follow the story. That's a joke stolen from the Golden Globes. But Amelia Perez number is also nominated from Netflix Stupid Movie. So far, I haven't been able to get through. Its just it's just stupid. You know what this is. I don't know if you guys have seen it. Have you seen it?
Speaker 5: Which one? Which one?
Speaker 1: Amelia Perez.
Speaker 5: I don't want to see it.
Speaker 4: I think if I see it, I need to be really drunk, because then I would have an amazing time.
Speaker 1: You would, you would have an amazing time, or maybe smoke d MT. Okay, okay, now the it's so stupid. You're just going Okay, I get it. You're trying to challenge me and see if I can sit through your stupid movie. Well you win. I couldn't do it. I'm still here. Never heard about it. I've never heard of it until today. We'll check out it later, Nickel boys. Maybe maybe not the substance first, other than the last thirty minutes. It's the best picture a possibility. Then then the last thirty minutes. Last thirty minutes, it's a teen horror movie. Even Nicky producer Nicky would be too mature for disagree.
Speaker 5: Wicked, but we'll continue. Then.
Speaker 1: Wicked is the final nominee, which is so good. Only three people walked out of it and well in the in the place where I saw it. Best Director Sean Baker from Anora. He's my favorite. And then you know what, I'm not going to read this whole list and seeing if there's any surprises or anything fun. I think Best Actor is is is a brutal category because you have Adrian Brody, Timothy Schallomey and Ray Fine, Ralph Fine, who I mean, you know that's tough. And then my favorite is Kieran Coulkin. Got a Best Supporting Actor.
Speaker 3: Kieran Culkin. He's always everything that I've seen him in. He's ever since, like after he grew up and became an adult. Everything he's done as an adult, I'm a fan.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the rest Oh Animated feature. I'll go over that because Flow. I saw a flow about the cat and the apocalyptic. Yeah, so good. Inside Out too, it's already memoir of as nail kind of slow, while it's in Gramet Vengeus Most Foul. Maybe I haven't seen it. Wild Robot, I'm saying Wild Robot best movie of the Year. I'm gonna go I'm gonna go back on my Best Picture nominations and see if anything's better than Wild Robot A Nora. Maybe maybe it's a tie. Brutalist, complete of known, not as good as Wild Robot, doing, not as good as Wild Robot, Emilie Perez, not even close. Wicked, that's a good movie, not as good as Wild Robot. The substance pretty good, not as good as Wild Robot. So that's my PREMI my preview of the denominies. And then I just wanted to kind of move on.
Speaker 3: If you guys don't mind who well, I mean, I want to know who you think is going to be the best actor, because it is a tough one between the between the ones you mentioned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's man, Okay, best actor. I haven't seen the Brutalists, so well i'll tell you I have, I have, I haven't seen. All I can say is Timothy Wow is I have not seen a better performance than that this year?
Speaker 2: Sports La always gets me everything.
Speaker 1: He's ending great Timothy sports So I would put my money on him until I see the Brutalist, you know. But I mean, if you can act in a three hour and forty minute movie, maybe that's just more points. Okay, I'm gonna go back to streaming. Netflix is set to launch Netflix Bites at pop up restaurant at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, scheduled to open in twenty twenty five. This venture follows the success of a similar pop up in Los Angeles. They Did and We'll feature dishes crafted by renowned chefs from popular Netflix cooking shows Dominique krem Ming, Si and Andrew zimmern oh Cool the restaurant. The restaurant aims to provide fans with an immersive culinary experience, bringing the flavors of their favorite Netflix series to life.
Speaker 5: You know, I think I can have the Breaking That Special right.
Speaker 1: With your DMT.
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, my my pre movie treat.
Speaker 1: And now I would have the Squid Game Fusion Takas. But I mean, I think this is a good idea for Netflix because they want to be Disney. They want to be just something that you just kind of grow up with and never and it's just everything to you. So yeah, make some pop up restaurants and see what kind of things you do. Maybe you make an amusement park, put it next to Coatino.
Speaker 3: So wait, this is gonna be a pop up or are they just gonna act at an actual like brick and mortar restaurants pop up.
Speaker 1: It's pop up, and you know why it's pop up. No one wants to spend the rest of their life in the MGM Grand in Las Vegas places I do that. I give that hotel a thumb down.
Speaker 3: Well, and I would agree with the like it's a good that they're doing that as a pop up, because it sounds like if they don't, or if they try to just do it as a stand up restaurant, it'll end up being like the ESPN Zone or the NBC one that you have in the middle of city Walk where it's like, yeah, we get it, it's a sports bar.
Speaker 2: But I mean, yeah, do you know what?
Speaker 1: Do you know what the ESPN Zone is? Now?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't been Vegas. I haven't been to Vegas in.
Speaker 1: Like I'm talking about the one in Disneyland and the downtown Disney and Anaheim here.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I haven't seen that one. Which one? Yeah, what does it mean?
Speaker 1: It just they just took they had a big ESPN Zone closed down a few years ago, and now they turned it into a food hall, you know, with a bunch of different food places, which is really smart because as you know, at Disneyland, you wait in line for food and you shouldn't have to. So now they have more. They just need more and more restaurants all over that place. So that's I might go there tonight. No, no, lie, So let me move on with the stories. Got a little more time in this segment. I don't know what happened to my timer. Got a couple still gone. Okay, it's going, Oh my god, we're gonna do that after this, will do the Michael Jackson thing. You're not going to believe that. But he is take a and he is taking back Duck Dynasty. And this is another example of uh stuff content for Red state America. Uh, it's safe. It's safe for Duck Dynasty to come back in the in the in the world that we live in now since the election. Phil Robertson is not a part of it. He has Alzheimer's I think. But you know, they kind of made the show so much fun though, I know, but then on it, you know, you don't. He's not the elephant man. I can't explain him. The the the guy was canceled for saying anti gay things or whatever, and then now people are like, hey, it's.
Speaker 5: An old man's dynasty guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like I don't.
Speaker 4: Associate duck hunting with a particularly open minded heart.
Speaker 1: Right exactly. So it's like, you know, these are these are people, These are the Duck Dynasty people. You think they're you know, celebrating Pride month. No, son, and either are the people that are watching their show, and either are the people who are buying the products advertised in their show. So that's like I think the world we live in now, people are like I would never make anti gay statements, but I don't approve of them, but I do just when some old guy in a Duck Duck call show says them, I just got on, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I think, yeah, we got to add a camo line to the rainbow flag for these guys and maybe they'll feel a little more inclined and included.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I mean that you can only be good.
Speaker 4: At so many things and LGBTQ inclusivity, I wouldn't you know, they probably don't teach that at duck hunting camp.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no. Anyway, So that's interesting because it was on Fox Nation for a while, nobody knew, nobody cared, and then now it's back on A and E, and now it will be something that people will watch. But I think that's a uh, just kind of a testament to the times we live in now and the fact that nobody seems to be protesting Duff Dynasty. Coming back, Let's take a break and we're listening to Joe Escalante live from Hollywood.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Joe as Alante.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's me. Thank you, mister, Steve Jones. Steve Jones hearing in another documentary. I have a credit on him executive producer of a movie called I Was a Teenage Second Pistol, which looks like it will be premiering at the Santa Barbara Film Festival coming up this year. Look for it. Okay, Speaking of these English royalty, Prince Harry had a big lawsuit against Rupert Murdoch's Son newspaper, and he's reached a significant settlement with the allegations of unlawful intrusion in his private life. Remember, and they were like hacking into their phone systems over there in England and trying to I mean they would they would like call their they would call their phone machines and do a thing that would make it play back, like a little hack, like a beep or something that would hack it and play back their messages, so then they would get like you know, birth announcements and other details of things that they weren't supposed to get. So he went to court and he's going to get some money from them. So that's a win for Prince Harry. The vandals. When we used to rehearse, we used to like secretly call each other and hack each other's phone machines. It's Nikki, you don't know this. This era where we had phone answer machines, like free standing devices where you had to leave messages in and you could. They were so primitive that you could push enough buttons and it would say, like to record a new outgoing message, press too if you just pushed enough buttons. And we would record outgoing messages for each other, which is humiliating when you get home and you have all these messages and someone else made your outgoing message. It was terrible. It was terrible, but to each other anyway. Ymca this song hit song by the Village People. I guess you've seen that this has become a trump anthem, but it its history brings it from a like a gay club anthem, and you know, weddings for white people and the singer Victor Willis. He says it was never intended as a celebration of gay stuff. It was. It was black male friendship is what it was.
Speaker 4: And black mail blackmale friendship sounds like a very like pisterious thing, depending on how you spell male.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, black male friendship.
Speaker 2: What's his excuse for? Macho man?
Speaker 1: How about my roommate? That's my favorite village people song is my roommate, My roommate, my roommate. That's yeah. I don't know how explains that one either. This is two black males they live together in their roommates there ma. By the way, did I mention how macho they are?
Speaker 3: That song sounds like a blackmail depending on yeah, it sounds like he's being blackmailed exactly.
Speaker 1: He does like threaten legal action against people who say it's who say it's gay, don't say gay? And you're talking about YMCA is what I'm saying to you, ryme, Victor Willis. I have a song called what You're talking about Willis, and it deals with all this. It'll be on the next Vandals album. Look for that, all right. So, and but you know what Trump? When I and I go to a Trump rally, I'm there most of the time just to celebrate black black male, black male friendship. So it it it, it tracks, as they say, kids, all right, Speaking of black male friendship, there's a Michael Jackson biopic called What Else Michael, directed by uh Antoine Fuqua. I think he did training Day, I don't know, and it's it stars Michael Jackson's nephew Slash Aladdin, Middle Eastern villain Jaffarr Jaffar Jackson. Yeah, amazing. Well, okay, so they made the whole movie. Okay, they shot the movie. Okay, picture this nightmare scenario. You spend years assembling a project. It convinced an Oscar nominated screenwriter to tackle the difficult material. You secure the neft necessary intellectual property rights from the family one hundred and fifty million dollar budget to tell the story right. You get distributors on board, foreign and domestic. You got a big cast and their schedules like barely line you can really, you can barely get it done. You spend months shooting the entire movie, mostly on location at the exact sites you envisioned and some of which you had to beg to secure these sites. Then, as you're starting post production with your director cutting it all together to meet your aggressive release date. The phone rings because you want to be there for you know, award season or summer box office or whatever. Thanksgiving thun rings, and everything begins to fall apart. And that's what happened to the producer here, Graham King, when they called him and said, hey, you know, all that stuff we wrote about or we filmed can't be in the movie. Okay. That Michael Jackson team, before they gave the rights, it was agreed that any film about the late pop star would never include representation of Jordan Chandler, the thirteen year old boy whose molestation claim led to worldwide headlines and an eventual twenty million dollar settlement. Now we can't mention him or his family. This deal was overlooked by the estate during the vetting of the script. So this isn't the script people's the movie people's problem. This is the estates problem. But they, I guess, threatened some kind of legal action and so they have to reshoot the third act where they talk about Jordi Chandler, who if you want to know the details about Jordi Chandler. This is why I'm not that sympathetic to the Jackson estate or Jackson anything, because I did read that book and it was extremely believable, and it was called Michael Jackson Was My Lover. Talk about act twist, Yes you got to you got a third act problem, Graham. So that movie Michael Jackson Was My Lover was banned because there was you know, a lot of powerful people representing the Michael Jackson estate. Because the Michael Jackson state makes so much money, he can't be tarnished by reports that he's a pedophile. But and it did. The Michael Jackson catalog dipped significantly when that was always in the news, and then it kind of went away, and then people were like, well, I like these songs, and so now it seems to be doing well. And then somehow they put it in the movie. You know, maybe they wanted to address these claims head on and show how injuster and true they were. But they them a twenty million dollar settlement. You know, you could say, well, they're trying to avoid litigation and stuff like that. But when the guys like sleeping with children, Okay, when you're sleeping with children, which is a fact and I actually have first hand knowledge of that, maybe second hand because I got a friend that would used to go wake them up and they'd be like, oh, who's in your bed? Webster? Okay, and people like that. I'm like saying it was actually Webster, but people like Webster, you know. And then he just like, well, I sleep with children because I love children. I give children Jesus wine because it's we call it Jesus juice. That's what Jordie said. When you do that, you kind of lose the benefit of the doubt. And then when when I read your book or when I read Jeordie's book, I don't know, I give it some credibility. So in that case, you're supposed to go away and not show us biopics unless they have that I dressed that, they don't dress that. Who wants to see it? But that movie was banned, that book was banned. I had to go into a gay book store called Circus of Books to find it was the only place you could get it. That's how much of a Michael Jackson fan I am. I would go anywhere. Not there is anything wrong with doing that. But when I bought it was a little controversial, like, you know, hey, I think.
Speaker 4: It was actually more of a bookstore about blackmail friendship.
Speaker 1: This was like twenty years thirty years ago that I got it whenever it happened, and then like now more, you know, as you get older, you could just you can handle that. But man, it was scary for me as a young lad going in there. Not that I thought anything bad was going to happen, but I thought someone was going to see me from my high school or something. Anyway, other than that, we'll pick it up next week. We'll have some more juicy details about m Night Shayamalan's trial going on right now and the Riverside about to be sent to the jury. Okay, Ice. That will now leave you with just a taste of the greatest song ever written all Right by Nikki. Bye Sam, Thanks Hi