Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dankplas Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Dankplas Show here on the last day of June. And if you can't tell you you're not actually listening to Dan today, you got Sheriff Steve Riems filling in again. I'll actually be with you Monday through Wednesday as Dan does some trial prep for another one of his big cases, you know, driving down Heroes, kind of listening to Ryan's show, and there was the talk about the discussion or the incident that happened on I seventy with the truck crash and the people who died in that fiery incident, and whether or not Dan had represented some of those victims. And I believe he did, but you know just how long how much he's been gone lately for trial prep. And if you know what Dan's practice is focused on, which is, you know, car crash, does it result in injury or death to others? You know, if that's what his absences are coming from is all this work that he's getting it kind of highlights just how bad this state is. And then I get stuck in traffic on my way down here from beautiful Weld County down through the Denver metro area on I twenty five. I mean traffic stopped for I don't know miles going northbound on I twenty five. It's stop and go on southbound I twenty five. And you think, all right, who lives in this mess and says this is what I want to be in, And it's even more of a slap in the face. This is my first day back to work after a fourteen day vacation in Hawaii, and I got to tell you, you know, island time, island schedule is way superior to what I just drove through to get down here.
Speaker 3: Now, quick question, I want to get you in trouble, sheriff, but I mean you're the sheriff. So do you take the squad car down here or your own personal vehicle?
Speaker 2: It's a mix of either one. It kind of depends on whatever I have going before or after this.
Speaker 3: So you wouldn't do anything like, you know, throw your lights on to be able to go cruising through traffic, and.
Speaker 2: What good would it do down here? They probably make traffic worse and people would freak out. They wouldn't know what it was like to have a cop on the highway down here. I mean, that's a shot at the Denver Police Department. Yeah, a little bit. But you just don't see traffic enforcement on the highway very much.
Speaker 4: And I get it.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you would in a safe in a safe manner, I think again, you probably might make things worse trying to trying to deal with traffic down here, because it's just a nightmare.
Speaker 4: I mean we have every time I come down here. Just it's it's maddening.
Speaker 2: And you guys live down here, you guys, most of the listeners live in this area. You think, yeah, we see this every day. You're just you know, you're you're speaking into the wind. But it's maddening. Again, coming from a state where I was on island time. The whole island that I was on, and I went to the big Island of Hawaii, the whole thing is the size of Weld County.
Speaker 5: It's well, I remember where I told you to go.
Speaker 4: You've told me to go to all kinds of Well, what.
Speaker 5: Was the one place I told you to.
Speaker 4: Kind of you told me to go some turtle beach h and did you go? Yes, thank you, But not.
Speaker 2: On purpose, if I'm just being honest, Kelly, it wasn't on purpose. My son is an avid hiker. He loves to find the worst trails to try to punish his family with. And so he decides we're going to do this jungle hike. And I call it a jungle hike rainforest whatever. We're along the coast, but I mean it's heavily wooded jungle conditions. We hike through this tunnel of forest for like, I don't know, an hour and a half, and then we pop out on this beautiful beach and there are sea turtles everywhere. I mean they're just everywhere. It was. It was beautiful, nothing like I'd ever seen before. I mean, it's if you haven't been to Hawaii, it's worth going. Uh it's expensive, save your money, save for a long time because it is not a cheap adventure, but definitely worth seeing.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 2: Is weird to be on a on the big island of Hawaii knowing that the whole thing is about the same size as Weld County and far fewer roadways, so I don't know. Interesting times. I learned something about Hawaii. The cops over there and on most of the islands drive their home personal cars. They're not issued agency cars. Most of them have some kind of lease option that they get a car, and they transport prisoners in their personal car. They drive their personal car for work. It's definitely a strange environment. But we didn't have any police contacts, so I only know that from googling it when we saw cars that were marked funny. But yeah, fourteen days in Hawaii, back to work today and back here doing the dan Caplis show. What more could you want? But on the way down here again, I's listened to some of the news updates and kind of what's been going on. And boy, I missed a lot when I was I shouldn't say I missed it. There were things that happened in the news that were not necessarily in the front of my vision while I was in Why so getting caught back up has been kind of a little bit of a struggle. I mean, the United States bombed, I ran pretty heavily, took out some nuclear facilities. Polis tried to force some of his employees to violate his sanctuary laws and then got sued using his own laws against him and lost. I mean, that's a head scratcher. A Democrat socialist wins the primary for the New York mayor's race, and I got to listen to him on Meet the Press this weekend, and I can't understand why anyone would vote for that man, but apparently New Yorkers do. We heard today that a victim from the Boulder fire bombing incident has passed. Very sad, it's very sad news to hear. I believe she was eighty two years old. Karen Diamond, I believe is her name. You know, that's just it's a tragedy. But that will increase the charges against the suspect. Not that it matters a lot in Colorado because we're so soft on crimes, but hopefully federally that changes things a little bit. And then last week I came back to hear Ryan and Dan talking about the team takeover that was happening down at City Park in Denver and how that was impacting the potentially impacting the Denver Zoo. In fact, I think Ryan sent me a text message saying, what would that look like in Weld County, and my response was, we ain't closing the zoo, but it sounds like they didn't need to. So that thing was kind of a nothing burger, which you know, a little bit of credit to Denver Pde if they got ahead of that and got it slowed down or stopped. It's good that we didn't have a bunch of kids go act unruly and ridiculous and tear a bunch of stuff up for no necessary reason. But you know, again, that highlights where we're at in the state of Colorado. Lawlessness and even when it's down to the teenage level of these kids taking over malls or taking over city parks or potentially taking over city parks, it tells you that our state has a problem. And I'll tie that back into what I witnessed on my vacation. So Colorado's becoming more and more blue. It feels like every day Hawaii is definitely it's governed as a blue state. Luckily, the big island of Hawaii is pretty sparsely populated, only about two hundred thousand residents on the entire island. That's completely different than if you go to Hawahu, where most of the population is. We traveled to a Wahu for a day to go see the USS Arizona the memorial there, go see the USS Missouri Pearl Harbor, the whole experience. And we got a pretty conservative tour guy his name was Ozzie, and drove our little tour bus around. Great guy, obvious, obvious native to Oahu. And once he kind of figured out that we were also pretty conservative in the van, he started giving us the real deal. And we found out that the homeless situation in Hawaii is probably tenfold over what you're seeing in the Denver metro area because fourteen different states, we're one buying one way tickets for homeless people and sending them to Honolulu. And it just it goes exactly what we're talking about when we say Colorado is a sanctuary state. If you build it, they will come. If you create policies, they will come. We have a sanctuary state in Colorado, we get trendy arragua, we get all kinds of illegal immigration issues coming here. You know, they build a i'll say, a homeless sanctuary in Honolulu and in the island of a Wahu, and everybody takes advantage of it.
Speaker 4: So it's just it's.
Speaker 2: Interesting to see what we're experiencing here in Colorado on a little different scale in Hawaii, but it goes to government mismanagement, and that's kind of where I want to kick off the show today a little bit about how do we take this state back. I've talked about this a few times when I was filling in, and it's really a matter of how do you get some statewide elected officials from the other side of the aisle, the Republican side of the aisle, back in back in charge of this place. How do we get the adults back in charge, because most certainly they aren't.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 2: What we're seeing coming out of our state legislature, what we're seeing coming out or Governor's office, is not beneficial to the state of Colorado. So I've told you guys before when I'm setting in on the show that I was going to try to get governor's candidates on. We're going to have one on in the in the second hour, But before we do that, at about the four point thirty six mark, we're going to have Dick Wadams on. And I know some of you consider him a controversial, controversial figure. You may not believe that he's the best Republican out there, but I think he gives you the dirt on do we have a candidate in the race that has the potential of winning? And you know, whether you like the way he calls balls and strikes, I think he usually calls it pretty accurate. He's been wrong on a few but more times than not, he's pretty accurate. So we're going to go over in just a little bit some of the candidates. We've interviewed, some that I plan on trying to get on here, and I want you I want to hear from you guys who can win that's in the race now, and if the person's not in the race now, who should it be? You can text in text Dan to five seven seven three nine, or you can call in three O three seven one three eight two five five. I want to get that conversation going before I have.
Speaker 4: Dick on the line.
Speaker 2: That way, we can say, all right, this is what the callers believe, this is what the texters believe. This person can win or this person can't win. You know, I think the most notable name in the race right now is Greg Lopez. You know, there's a Mark Baisley, Scott Bottoms, We've had both of those folks on. Jason Michel, we had on, Alexander Mugatu we had on, and today we're going to have a Will McBride on. And you know, quite honestly, I mean, they're all great people, but I don't see any of them punching at the same weight as Michael Bennett just yet. And of course any candidate can catch fire and get things rolling, But where do you think we're at, listeners, I mean, who's the person, who's the person in the arena that can do this again? Text in five seven, seven, three nine or call in three zho three seven, one three eight two five five. We'll go to break. But when we come back, I'm going to go through the Republican candidates for governor. I just read off four or five that we've we've interviewed on the show. But I want to know the rest of this list. Who is the winner in this list? And if they're not there, who who's that person that's going to step into the arena and take charge. We'll go to break. When we come back, hopefully we'll have those texts coming in and we'll start interacting with what your take is on who can be our next governor here in the state of Colorado. You're listening to the Dan Capless Show here on six point thirty k how with Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Reims setting in on the.
Speaker 4: Driver's seat.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: You know we were before we went to break, I was talking about some of the candidates in the in the governor's race on the Republican side, and I asked, you, guys, hey, text in, tell me which one of these guys that you know of you think can win? And I say, guys, because I don't think there's a female on the Republican side that's in the race yet. So I'm not saying that collectively. I'm saying that I think that's all we have is male candidates. But it's been crickets. You guys must not think anybody can win. And that's concerning because right now we're getting kind of down to the wire for time for folks to get into the race. I mean, I think there's probably a couple more months that can be played with, but if we're going to have a realistic chance at winning winning a governor's race, when I say we the Republican Party have a realistic chance of winning a governor's race in the state of Colorado. It's going to take a full court press, and it's going to take a candidate working their tail off. And it may also take having some good candidates in the other state wide races, whether that's for treasure or attorney general or oh gosh, we'll get to those those races.
Speaker 4: Here in just a minute.
Speaker 2: But did get one good text here from Alex And I always like to say her name out loud because I wonder if it makes people's their little listening devices go off. But she asked how the vacation was Hawaii. Again, it was fantastic. Got to go see volcanoes and turtle beaches and jungle jungle hikes. I mean, if you haven't been to Hawaii, I highly recommend it, but again, save your money. She also asked a little bit about you know, isn't it kind of interesting how Mayor Mikey and our gutlass governor have said nothing about this team takeover that happened at shops at Northfield or the planned one that was going to happen to shut down the Denver Zoo. You know, I haven't been paying attention to the Denver media as I haven't been back for very long from my vacation, but I haven't heard anything from either either of them. A heck, the news hardly even covered it. I think the most I heard about this, this whole thing, was from Ryan Schuling show and Dan.
Speaker 4: Kapos's show last week.
Speaker 2: So again, if you want the real scoop on what's happening in the news, you got to tune into AM radio most of the time. But again, if you got a name that you think, hey, this person can win, even if they're not an announced candidate, shoot it to me five seven, seven, three nine, start your text off with Dan or call in three o three seven one three eight two five five if you've got an idea for a person that you think can win. I mean, I think I've said it many times on this on these airwaves that I think Dan Kaplis would be a fantastic candidate for governor. I think he would have a very good puncher's chance at getting the Republicans back in power. But again, it's going to take a lot of work and lightning in a bottle for that to happen. But over the last few times, that I've covered for the show. I don't know what number we're on here yet, but I think I've interviewed four or five of these candidates. But I'm just going to go down the Republican candidates and we'll say if we've interviewed him or if we're about to interview him. Mark Baisley, we had him on the show. He's a state Senator. Scott Bottoms, we had him on the show. He's a state rep. Jason Clark I have scheduled for the show. I believe tomorrow, actually know he might be. Yeah, he's tomorrow. We've got a Bryson Garrison Stephen guests, John Gray, Ginsburg, Joshua Griffin, mister Greg Lopez, and I've reached out to Greg to see if I could get him on the show, and he's he's not been responsive. William McBride, he will be on today. And then Jason Michael he's been on a couple of times actually, Robert Moore, Alexander Mugatu he was on with us a little while back, and then Jim Runberg and Daniel Thomas. And these are pretty unknown names by most I think by most accounts, which means if if any of them are going to win. One, they got to get their name recognition way up. And two, you know, the winds have to be at their back, the winds have to be in their sales. So they've got to have a platform that energizes the electorate. You know, I think Dan's got the name recognition that he could get in the race and instantly start having some juice to a campaign. But we all know he's been a pretty reluctant guy to want to jump in the race and duke it out so far. But you know, maybe we keep talking about it will fulfill a p officey here. But on some of the other statewide races, you've got the Treasure's race, which right now there's four Democrats and one other candidate, no Republican. For attorney general, you've got five Democrats, one Republican. That one Republican being a Connor Pennington. I don't know where Connor Pennington comes from, but I'll reach out to him too and see if we can get him on to talk a little bit about the attorney general's race. And then we have Secretary of State, and that's the only one that is kind of equally represented. You have one dim one Republican and one other, and the Republican is a Ross Terra Borelli. So again not familiar with that name. If you guys, as listeners, know these people talk to him, to them to call in and explain to us why they can why they can win a particular race. Yeah, let's go for it.
Speaker 3: I've got it, Okay, Dan kaplis sare Steve Reims ticket Boom, there we go go.
Speaker 4: I screwed myself on that.
Speaker 6: No, I think that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I think the Dan caplis.
Speaker 6: Part of this. The lawyer and the law man come on, this is it?
Speaker 4: Oh boy, here we go.
Speaker 6: I love it. Well, Kelly likes it too.
Speaker 2: So the lieutenant governor's job's got to be pretty good, right, because that that.
Speaker 6: You would be a kick ass lieutenant governor.
Speaker 2: So that that part you could probably talk me into, because I think that the one that's in there now, if I'm not mistaken, is pulling two salaries for doing for.
Speaker 6: Doing that much of anything we're getting, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've worked as a as a cop my whole life, for a sheriff my whole life, I've done okay, but you know, double income wouldn't be bad. That's a that's a good opportunity.
Speaker 4: We did get a.
Speaker 2: Text here says Greg Lopez is terrific. And you know, from what I've interacted with Greg, he's a nice guy. I mean, I think this is his third attempt at governor. I'm not saying that that's a bad thing. He's obviously persistent. He did that little stint where he covered the remainder of Kim Buck's time at Over in CD four before Lauren Bobert won the election and took the seat. You know, I guess as a normal election process. But you know, gregs he's been a yeoman for standing by the Republican Party and being involved. You know, maybe this is the time he finds lightning in a bottle. I really wish he'd come on the show, but he's, like I said, he hasn't been responsive to me. So we'll see if he comes on at some point in the future. But when we come back from break, we'll have Dick Wadhams on again. That maybe that'll light you guys up as to some comments. But get ready, we'll get to hear what he has to say about who can win and can this state come back from the brink of extinction. We listened to the Dan Caplass Show here with well Kenny Sheriff Steve Rms.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the only one that's only one of the most popular songs. But you know whatever, Well again, callers, texters. You know, if you also want to send in your condolences for Kelly Heaven to attend the Metallica concert, you're welcome to do that too. You can text in at five seven, seven, three nine, start your text off with Dan, and we're starting to get some of them rolling in here. For some governor's candidates, you can also call in three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five. But right now we're going to go to our semi controversial figure with some of you, and that's mister Dick Watams. Dick, how are you doing? Mister Watams?
Speaker 4: Do we have you.
Speaker 7: See?
Speaker 4: How are you doing? Okay? Good? Long time no talk.
Speaker 2: But you know, I was on vacation for a little while, came back and I was hoping that we would see a governor's candidate that was really starting uh to catch some speed on the Republican side, and it's still kind of crickets, and that that got me to thinking that maybe it was time to talk to the old wise one by many people's measure, and see what you thought. You know, is there a candidate in this race of fifteen candidates right now on the Republican side? Are you do you do you have confidence that there's a candidate in the race right now that can take this the whole distance?
Speaker 7: Well, I think the candidates themselves are going to have to answer that question, Steve, because running for governor is a it's kind of a cliche, I guess, but it's it's a major undertaking. Yeah, yeah, And we've seen over and over in Colorado how not to run for governor. We've only elected one Republican governor in the past fifty four years, and that was Governor Bill Owens in nineteen ninety eight, and then he was re elected by a large margin in two thousand and two. So essentially we've had five consecutive elections of Democrats and someone's who left office. But what I do think these candidates how to do, Steve, is even though it was nineteen ninety eight, Owen run that election and the state has changed campaign technology has changed, but I will tell you I still think it's worthwhile if every one of these candidates would take a very hard look that why Bill Owens won and everybody else is ast in the last fifty four years.
Speaker 2: Well, and you might you might have some insight into that if I'm not mistaken, because I think you were pretty pivotal in that governor's race. What are some of the things that Owens did that you're not necessarily seeing from these candidates.
Speaker 7: Well, I had the owner of being the governor's campaign manager, and ninety eight courch Is his press secretary for three years in the governor's office after that. The fact is that Steve, is that Owens ran on a very clear agenda and an agenda that won a primary against a very strong opponent, the Senate President Tom Norton of Greeley, with the opponent's in that primary, but he ran and then we won against the Lieutenant Governor Gale Scheddler, who as the lieutenant governor under Roy Romer, who was immensely popular leading office that year. But Owens ran on three issues, to cut taxes, to reform education, and to improve transportation. And he had very clear policy positions behind every one of those points, and they were issues that people cared about. They knew cutting taxes is obvious, and reforming education, he wanted to improve school choice. Owen one of the main instigators of chartered schools when he was in the legislature. And in terms of highways, we laid out a plan to dramatically increase and accelerate twenty six key projects around the state. And the reason why he got re elected, by the way, is because he implemented every one of those things. But I cannot stress enough, Steve, that these candidates have got to think long and hard why they are running for this office, because even more than a US Senator running for governor, Pepe require specificity in terms of the agenda. They want to know what the heck are you going to do for me? So they inherently know. Governors do impact the lives.
Speaker 2: Call red you have and the ability to directly deliver on what you're.
Speaker 4: Promising you do.
Speaker 7: And I'll tell you what the difference between the US Senator and governor. And I loved working for a bunch of US senators in my life, the governor really has the ability to impact every citizen in Colorado, every day. And so if candidates, if all they can say to the answer to the question, why do you want to be governor? Well, I think i'd do it's a good job, or that ain't going to cut it. And so I don't care what their agenda is. Necessarily, they just got to figure out what it is and they've got to determine if if it relates to what people want in the governor, and then they've got to run on it. And they've got to be disciplined. And by the way, Steve, if they think they can run to the far right in the primary and then dive back to the middle of the general, that does not work. You've got to have an agenda that can win the primary and win a general election and whatever that is.
Speaker 2: Well, so you named us some things that Owens ran on, one of those being I'm going to you said, you know, traffic or road conditions, roadways, I'm going to call that infrastructure. I think that's still an issue that can be won on in this state. In my opinion, One that you didn't necessarily mention with Owens, but I think is hypercritical now is the out of control crime that we have in Colorado. Do you think that's a winning issue as well for Republicans.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 7: And you know it's interesting, Steve, because well, crime was an issue back in ninety eight is it's always an issue, but it didn't have the prominence we have today.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't think we.
Speaker 2: Were the most We're the second most dangerous state in the nation right now. I mean by every measure.
Speaker 7: Exactly. And so frankly, if I was developing an agenda today for a campaign for governor, I crime would be one of those three issues. I still think that education is still a big deal. Sure, that's just it just is. And we now know so many of our elementary school kids cannot read at grade level. I mean, the education system continues to fail our kids. And so I think I think crime is definitely one of the major issues going into this campaign.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, again, we've had several other candidates on here, and they've they've all, you know, they've had some talking points, but a clear direction for where they're going. I haven't necessarily heard that yet. And again, I think in the early days of any candidacy, you know, you're kind of feeling things out and trying to figure out where you want to go and you know, that's why they do the interviews they do and try to get some feedback. But you know, to the point you made, you're gonna have to come out swinging. You're gonna have to come out swinging pretty hard, I believe. Do you do you think there is a pathway for the right Republican candidate to get there and get across the finish line or do you think this state.
Speaker 4: Is just gone?
Speaker 7: Well, let me mention one other thing that I didn't really steve is that you also have to run a strong contrast campaign with a democratic campaign. We ran a very aggressive campaign pointing out our agenda versus our opponents, and so we did not sit around thinking that all we had to do is talk about all the good things about our agenda. We ran a very aggressive contrast campaign. Some people call that negative. I call it contrast. People have got to know what the choice is and if we hadn't done that, we wouldn't have won. And so you've got to have a strong agenda, and then you've got to run. You've got to run right as your opponent. In terms of drawing the contrast to your question, yeah, I listen, you never know about politics and what could happen. The fact is that Democrats have been on a real run lately. But you know what, I think the sense of the public is starting to get tired of the crimes you point out earlier that they're tired of the of the excesses of this of these democrats to the run the legislature and the and the governorship, and and and the arrogance of the of those Democrats. They they are conveying right now that they are going to be enshrined in the majority forever. I think I think voters will reject that. And so I think the the the the the potential is there for a very strong challenge to win an open seat for governor, probably against Michael Bennett. That maybe Wiser, that's pretty general. Wiser can pull off an upset, But I think I think a strong candidate who has run on a strong agenda should win. And then the other thing, you got to raise money. And that's that's hard. That's hard.
Speaker 2: That's really hard in this state, considering some of the history we've had with a few of the past chairs. But Dick, you gave the insight that I was looking for. I really appreciate you coming on the show. Kind of a short segment, but you've got the text line going a little bit because you're always a controversial figure with some of these folks and for that, I appreciate you. Appreciate you, and thank you.
Speaker 4: Dick.
Speaker 2: Stay stay involved in the fight. I'm sure we'll we'll see you somewhere around this governor's race as it continues on. And again thanks for coming on the show. We're gonna cut the brake. You're listening to the Dan Capless Show here on six point thirty k how with Wilkan Sheriff Steve Reims setting in on the driver's seat.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Blue Hawaii.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're a man un Blue.
Speaker 5: Well, I see tiny bubbles.
Speaker 4: Just so you know, i'd run other here Metallico for just being hot. So if you were with us.
Speaker 2: In that last segment, we had Dick Adams on talking a little bit about you know, does a governor does a Republican candidate have a chance for a governor in this state? Uh, you know, I didn't expect him to really pick a candidate and say this is the guy that can win, and he didn't. He said, you know, these guys got to define their own and and kind of go forward. But again, I just want to go through the names again. We had Mark Baisley on, Scott Bottoms on, We're gonna have Jason Clark on tomorrow. There's a Bryson Garrison that we'll have on on Wednesday, Steven Guests, John Gray Ginsburg, Joshua Griffin, Greg Lopez, William McBride, which we'll have on today, Jason mike Sel he's a sheriff down and teller. We've had him on a couple of times. Robert Moore, Alexander who got to we had him on, Jim Runberg, and Daniel Thomas, And again I'll try to get as many of them on as I can, just so we find out, Hey, is there one of these people that is that lightning in a bottle? Do they resonate with the listeners the way you want them to? But you know, having Dick on, I know is always going to be a little bit controversial because sometimes he says things that people don't want to hear. Yeah, or you don't you just flat out don't agree with him. So some of the texts it says when Watams comes on, I go off. We'll be back when this rhino goes away. Yeah, everybody's got an opinion.
Speaker 6: He takes so much heat. He's like a pro wrestler though he is heel and he just draws the heat.
Speaker 2: He just he's got he's got to take the slap right. Another one here says, I will tell you right now, I'm one of those that doesn't necessarily like Dick Wadhams, but because you have him on sheriff, I will listen.
Speaker 4: So I hope you. I hope you got through the segment. There.
Speaker 2: Another one here that this person's obviously been drinking really early, because it says, as a.
Speaker 4: Well county resident, I'd.
Speaker 2: Seriously like to see I'd seriously like to see you Steve.
Speaker 4: Reims move from sheriff to governor. That person's been drinking.
Speaker 6: Well, it's five o'clock somewhere and almost here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I'd have to join him in order to make that move. And then someone actually gives you a little bit of credit. Ryan, They say they like the idea of the Dan and sheriff ticket. You know, I'm not going to say you couldn't talk me into it, but you have to do a lot of talking and maybe some of that drinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to get thing.
Speaker 6: You and me a couple of bruise. Yeah, who sounds like a better and better idea? You Ryan lawyer and the lawman. You were right.
Speaker 4: I think we got this.
Speaker 6: It suddenly turns into Stay Brothers.
Speaker 4: That's so for activities, just.
Speaker 5: So I can say I did not object.
Speaker 2: Well, but you also haven't watched Step Brothers, so I don't know if your opinion matter is true.
Speaker 5: That is true, I am not.
Speaker 4: You're not allowed to have on this on this topic.
Speaker 8: I've also never seen an episode of seinfeldcase has been more of.
Speaker 3: A literal communist Kelly for that for those reasons, or Zora and Mamdani.
Speaker 2: Well, so let's play let's play eight just to see, let's get a comparison.
Speaker 4: Cut eight.
Speaker 5: But do you actually condemn it? I think that's the.
Speaker 9: Question and the outstanding issue that a number of people, both of the Jewish faith and beyond have Do you condemn that phase globalize the indefado, which a lot of people here is a call to violence against Jews.
Speaker 10: I've heard from many Jewish New Yorkers who have shared their concerns with me, especially in light of the horrific attacks that we saw in Washington, d C. And in Colder in Boulder, Colorado, about this moment of anti Semitism in our country and in our city. And I've heard those fears, and I've had those conversations, and ultimately they are part and parcel of why in my campaign I've put forward a commitment to increase funding for anti hate crime programming by eight hundred percent.
Speaker 6: I don't believe that the role of the.
Speaker 10: Mayor is to police speech in the manner, especially of that of Donald Trump, who has put one New Yorker in jail who's just returned to his family, Mahamud Khalil, for that very supposed crime of speech. Ultimately, what I think I need to show is the ability to not only talk about something, but to tackle it and to make clear that there's no room brandy Semitism in the city and we have to root out that bigotry and ultimately we do that through the actions, and that is the mayor. I will be one that protects Jewish New Yorkers and lives up to that commitment through the work that I do.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing, all right, maybe he's seen step brothers, so you know, give him a little bit of credit there. But this guy is running to be the mayor of New York. This ground zero for the nine to eleven attacks in two thousand and one, and you know, we went around saying we will never forget. This guy can't even condemn the idea of globalizing the Inada. Look, he can't even he can't even come out and just say I am against violence against Americans, something that simple.
Speaker 4: I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: I don't know where I don't know where the voters in New York are coming from. But this guy is being held up as like the road map for Democrats to win, and we have to hope, we have to hope they follow his lead. I think that I don't think that's a winning combination outside of very many areas. I don't think that that is a winning combination in the in the state of Colorado. And I don't think Michael Bennett could be any more hated unless he started following this.
Speaker 4: Guy's Am I gonna am I gonna globalize?
Speaker 3: Well, Kelly's losing for zero Mamdani And you watched this if I mentioned that, and Kristen Welker asked him Nott once, not twice, but thrice. Yes, can you condemn the phrase globalize the end to fado?
Speaker 6: It's a yes or no question. He never said yes. He so that's no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he can't say it because he doesn't believe that that's something that is. There's a it's not a problem for him, and he's just gonna walk around. He's gonna whistle past the graveyard on that one. But back to our original topic, Kelly, how is it that you cannot have watched step Brothers? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 6: Adam's seen it right?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, is her husband?
Speaker 4: Why didn't you watch it with him? It's fun.
Speaker 6: There's so much room for activities like the.
Speaker 8: Sheriff's I also didn't see that other one that you like that you always give me crapa Achermoon. I haven't seen that one, and I haven't seen Dumb and Dummer.
Speaker 5: That's the one.
Speaker 4: Just turn the microphone off.
Speaker 6: It's off.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go to break.
Speaker 2: When we come back in the next hour, we'll have our our governor's candidate on board, Will McBride, and we'll see, uh if he's got lightning in bottle. You're listening to the Dan Kaplo Show here with Steve Reims. The Sheriff of Weald County, setting in on the driver's seat. Thanks ALS