Speaker 1: Welcome into the Falling Out Podcast. I'm your host Jordan here with my co host Swannee. Uh again, we're two birds, one feather here without Billy. Billy will be back though. Billy's coming back again. He's out of town.
Speaker 2: But uh, AnyWho, we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Talk a little bit about I know this is not basketball season. We're gonna talk about Furman football balls.
Speaker 3: And to be precise, let's let's uh, let's talk about this team. First of all, they wear purple.
Speaker 2: They also were white.
Speaker 3: They do wear white. Purple and white. Yeah, that's their colors. Farman University, Greenville, South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Yep, m hm hm.
Speaker 3: I went to a football camp there once in two thousand and in the summer of two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: Night nice.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, I otherwise, I'm pretty sure we should. We should beat them.
Speaker 2: There's just not much to talk about with them.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sorry, there's not It's no disrespect to them, but I mean, okay, so let's talk about serious history.
Speaker 2: Valls lead the serious history too.
Speaker 1: Oh, both games weren't close, uh thirty two to six and fifty two to seven final scores, to be exact, Uh, we were, we were definitely not alive for the last matchup though, because it.
Speaker 2: Was in nineteen forty two. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Don't remember that. I don't remember playing Furman ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, so uh got both games were in Nostril though, so they've alls have a two over home series.
Speaker 3: Le.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, we were talking about this, like, let's get ten minutes out of this.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't think we can sit here in Paulish turn or ten though, to be honest with you, what's your score prediction?
Speaker 3: Meanwhile? I meanwhile, I looked up their best player, Joshua stone King. He's a defensive end. He had seventy nine tackles, two forced fumbles last year, fourteen and a half sacks.
Speaker 2: Dude, dudes gets.
Speaker 3: Over hey man, depending on who our quarterback is and are offensive lines like you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You know he could eat he.
Speaker 3: Could eat you know what I mean? You know what I'm saying, watch out for Joshua stone King is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's the best last name we're gonna probably see all year.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 3: That is that as far as I can tell, that's how it's pronounced. It's literally stone King, stone King, stone King, however, yeah, hard hard, hard to see uh picking against the balls here. Yeah, you have a gambling odds on it numbers?
Speaker 1: Uh you you hold on just a second, buddy, You asking.
Speaker 3: Over under all that all that good all that good nonsense. No Furman is Uh you know they had they they've been having a good run. They've been having a good run under Clay Hendricks.
Speaker 1: I'll put it to you like you didn't think I know that name, did you? I didn't know that name? So good call's been there for ten years. Damn, buddy's been putting in work over there. You know what I'm saying the fact. Okay, so maybe this game should be a three thirty game on the SEC network plus.
Speaker 3: Network Plus it's like the pay extra money to watch it. No, No, I mean I'll either I will either go to the game or.
Speaker 2: I was catching on the radio, or.
Speaker 3: Find it on ESPN. Uh scores later at the end of the season.
Speaker 1: So you ask about the line, Uh, it's uh, it's so bad that.
Speaker 2: There's not one.
Speaker 3: You can't gamble on it.
Speaker 1: Uh you can, I'd say you probably could week of right now though. H No, it's vas favored by mock Jesus and over under is like seventy five, I'd say, I'm just kidding, Probably not, but it's I mean, that's just I don't know. They're the Furman politic paladins. Paladins are severely over matched, matched in this one.
Speaker 3: Okay, paladins, cool paladins. Yeah, that's a really cool mascot.
Speaker 2: Don't even know what it is.
Speaker 3: This is what I should have done my research on was what a paladin exactly is?
Speaker 2: What is a paladin?
Speaker 3: Hold on? But I'm pretty sure it's cool, sounds good.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, we're going to hell, dude. It's a it's a.
Speaker 1: Holy warrior, heroic champion, a brave knight, or a strong defender, defender of a noble cause.
Speaker 3: That's dude, that I mean so awesome.
Speaker 1: Sort of the balls beating Jesus this weekend that weekend.
Speaker 3: Well right under, Well, we got our name from every everything you just listed as a descriptor is how we got our name as well. So no, that doesn't that's not what that means. But allan paladin is pretty cool, pretty cool mascot.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's uh yeah, all right, So what's your final score?
Speaker 3: Final score on this one? I'll say this this this reminds me of the UTC game a couple of years ago. You know when when when Nico made his debut as a starting quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and we had we had somebody somebody dave uh tell us that UTC was not one to sleep on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah that that that that guy on Facebook could lit me up about UTC.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, for like two days.
Speaker 3: It was crazy. Tore me in a new one on on on the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Mox. Pretty sure we scored sixty eight on them.
Speaker 2: We did, we did.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna say Vaz sixty eight, Firman zero.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: So I I.
Speaker 2: Am gonna go.
Speaker 1: Oh Valls forty nine, Furman, the Holy Trinity three ass whooping City. I mean, I don't think. I don't think we're gonna go out there and just keep everybody in there, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I think I think you're thinking the same thing. But it's gonna be it's gonna be a slaughterfest either way.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna be pretty for the Paladins.
Speaker 1: I think, Uh, all we need to see out of this one is, uh, let's beat.
Speaker 2: Let's beat a.
Speaker 1: Team like Furman, the Furman Paladins the way we should. Don't end with any big injuries. Let's not get anybody.
Speaker 3: Who wants who do you want to take the first snap against Furman?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't face.
Speaker 3: I'm but I want to see him too.
Speaker 2: I think I think that's the I think that's the move.
Speaker 3: You know, I think if I think, I think if McIntyre takes the first snap.
Speaker 1: I think what we think we are.
Speaker 3: I think that'll be the first thing that happens that makes me go, oh, I've seen this before. I saw it with you know, I saw it with Butch starting Worthly over Dobbs. I saw it, uh Dormandy. I saw it with even Happle like happ Joe, Milton and Hooker on the same roster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and still put uh there Yeah and.
Speaker 3: Uh so, so I get I guess in a sense, I would I would. I'm rooting to see Faison take the first snap. Yeah, yeah, given that he's a true freshman.
Speaker 1: I don't think, though, whoever we see take the first snap is necessarily guaranteed to be the one that takes the first snap in Nyland against Texas.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm glad that the Firman Paladins are our first game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, we don't have to. It's better them than I would.
Speaker 2: Georgie Tech, Yeah, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: I think we'll find out a lot about Tech, about us against Tech. Yeah, I'll talk about them later. Yeah, yeah, absolutely said though. Man, let's uh, let's go ahead and put a bow on this one of the with a go down balls and.
Speaker 2: Uh we'll talk about Tech next. Go well, golden balls,