Speaker 1: On.
Speaker 2: Ah, Carrie's going to pon Peon something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were my favorite unit in Warcraft two Peon when you'd use the uh it's a good day to die code, no, no spaces, whole sentence, it's whole code, and it would make it so that your units would kill the opposing units in one hit.
Speaker 4: And you'd have like a group of nine Peons and you just send them out with their little wood chopping axes and they just take down a whole fucking city. You'd kill their gold mines and everything. It was awesome. That was that was fun sometimes when the level just made you real mad and you just wanted to see what was next in the story. That's what you do. I was like, I could have done that in World of Warcraft too.
Speaker 2: I never played.
Speaker 4: I played it for a while and I'm still mildly interested. Actually, I'm still curious to see where the story went.
Speaker 2: Wow, curious. No kink shaming in the nation, thank you.
Speaker 4: But I never I never, since I can't do it on my own. I just I'm not getting back into it. I'm just not.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: So, Blizzard, you lost a whole bunch of fucking expansions. You could have sold directly to me by making it so that I have to have friends.
Speaker 2: Blizzard Secret Layers idiots. Hey, we're brought to you.
Speaker 1: By the wonderful patrons at patreon dot com slash cy Seal.
Speaker 4: Podcast whether they like it or not, and they do.
Speaker 1: Our last few episodes have been wildly engaged with, which we're going to talk about on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 4: That makes me really happy because that means you guys are engaging with the show, which means that we are mildly interesting, which is pretty cool. Let me hit you with something that's mildly interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 4: I actually super secretly got in on the last you mentioned it earlier, Secret Layer Drop, and they arrived to my house yesterday. I got the Arcade Game one because of course I did, because there's a Norn card in there, and there are arcade games. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Which norm card? What's the card?
Speaker 4: Uh? We Live Misfortune?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And then I got the light Box one and I bought that one specifically because the art on the card. For people who bought it, they know, for people who didn't bought it, you should maybe take a look. All of the art on the cards are made out of like like light boxes where it's like construction paper of different thicknesses held up over a light box, and then the pictures taken.
Speaker 1: And I just so Disney used to make their cartoons so two different elements would flow past each other at the same time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And just because in my teeny tiny little way, I wanted to support that kind of thing, I bought the Secret Layer.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 1: That is I think, well, in terms of animation style, a probably an antiqued and dead way to produce cartoons.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'll bet you that's something. If you're an expert at that, you're probably hurting. And so, in my small way, I want to support those people. Super cool I did, and I got them and I opened them, and it's fine. I got all the cards that I expected to get because they were all listed the secret cards. I what I have a problem with now, you.
Speaker 1: Could fold one hundred dollars mills in magic packs and people would complain about it.
Speaker 4: And I didn't get a hundred dollars bills. Oh, okay, I got two random zombies. Be cooler if you did, though, I got too old border random like modern zombies or like a crypt breaker and Uh, I don't even remember what.
Speaker 1: The other's there's the one that gives all your guys extort, right, that was one of them.
Speaker 4: I didn't get that one.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's more than just the two that you got.
Speaker 1: There must be probably probably there's one random old border foil zombie in every of this, like the Winter super Drop or whatever.
Speaker 4: And here's why it bugby. Here's why it buggy because I one of the in addition to supporting alternate media artists by buying the light Box Secret Layer, it was the Loure wind Shadow more Block typal lands, That's what they were. There was the murpholk Land, and the Goblin Land and the Giant right. And I was so oh certain that the sixth card was going to be either the Elemental Land, m Primal Beyond or whatever it is, or even better, the door in Land. You know that like the forest that's like it's a forest type that taps for you can also it's also a painland. It taps were black and white.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, I wanted one of those so bad. I wanted like the cool light Box that you know what I got instead, a fucking crypt breaker. God damn it, I am. I'm not beside myself. But I am disappointed, and then I was disappointed in myself because I had faith. I'm an idiot.
Speaker 2: I uh.
Speaker 1: This is not gatekeeping because we don't gate keep in our community.
Speaker 2: No gatekeeping in the nation we like, no no kink shaming. Also no gatekeeping listen, oh okay.
Speaker 1: Instead of gatekeeping, this is commiserating, and the commiserat we're standing in solidarity because I too have been disappointed by a secret card in a secret layer.
Speaker 2: The only secret layer I've ever, ever, ever ever purchased that.
Speaker 4: He said he would never ever ever ever do, and I have to rub that in each time.
Speaker 1: Well, technically a Ron Carr bought it for me and then send it to me, so I didn't have pay a seventy dollars shipping price. But here's the thing. It came with a fucking gream of worm coming. And it was misprinted and not like a cool miscut or something. No, they just somebody, some graphic designer put the wrong number on the card.
Speaker 4: But as we.
Speaker 1: Do in CCO Nation, we try our best, We do our best job.
Speaker 2: We don't try anything. We do our best job to make a.
Speaker 4: We don't have mistakes. What's on the happy access.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What's the opposite of amount out of a mole hill? What's a cherry on top of a shit Sunday?
Speaker 4: It is a ship on top of a cherry sunday. Yes, or a mole hill a mountain into a mole hill hill. Yeah, that's that's the literal.
Speaker 1: We're turning molehills into mountains here. Yes, actually we're turning mountains into mole hills.
Speaker 4: Yes, we actually, we actually are turning mountains.
Speaker 1: I took that misprinted green a worm tongue that's got one extra power, totally made it the commander of my CEO raw Dog deck.
Speaker 4: And you even left it in like the little celliphane's sleeve.
Speaker 1: It's the only sleeved CEO raw Dog card in existence.
Speaker 4: It's the truth until and this is true, we get to the next trash Anti deck because I want a prize at the last one. And the prize is if I want to at the next trash Ante, Yes, I can have sleeves I'm not good at. But the option is there, maybe all sleeves, some of them, but not all of them.
Speaker 1: Just gonna say, can you imagine how luxuriant your trash deck would be had sleeves. Dude, put them in penny sleeves that were the card like rattles around inside.
Speaker 2: They don't fit right.
Speaker 4: I could use one of those like hot like things to like seal them shut so like there's different different amounts of fucking air in them. Yes, that is so good.
Speaker 1: Seal the top shut with like an iron, like a flat iron. But once you shuffle and the bottom corners hit the edges, they split.
Speaker 2: But keep playing with them, play with the split ones.
Speaker 4: Oh man, this yes, yeah, I'm gonna you know what, I'm gonna leave it when I get home. Iron them when I get back from Edmonton, and then I'm gonna just practice shuffle them.
Speaker 2: In next year, baby, until they're broken.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's gonna be the worst. Yeah, yeah, the worst.
Speaker 1: So tomorrow on the show, we are gonna talk about the remainder of the Commander ban list and which cards should be unbanned and put into the Game Changer's List. I have a little supplemental topic that I want to talk to you about.
Speaker 5: I have a absolutely outrageous thing that I'm gonna ask Ryan, and his head is going to catch flames. Is it the same thing that I want to talk about I sure hope so, because that would be really fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: If you've already thought of the answer, your head will not catch fire. If you have, however, then or if you haven't, oh.
Speaker 2: Baby, okay, I'm excited for that.
Speaker 1: And because we had so many comments yesterday yester week, we actually asked people to comment on our show with what should be unbanned and why and just randomly give us your thoughts on like the show, and the show kind of blew up and I posted in a few places.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you for that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I posted it on fricking Facebook in a magic group, and oh my god, hundreds of comments and people, of course imagine this, people arguing online like oh yeah, you don't know whatever, you don't think that this should be banned, and this should be banned and mask would Nexus apparently is like an egregiously terrible card that makes that makes the typo decks like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, it was a whole thing.
Speaker 4: Do they know that Sliverstone has existed for fifteen years?
Speaker 2: They know that lots of discussion is the point.
Speaker 1: People are are passionate, and people want to see the changes in the bandless. They want to play with powerful cards. And this leans into what we were talking about, like, do we want some kind of a tiered bandless Well no, no, no, sorry, not a tiered band list, but a rolling band list. Like, hey, we the Commander Rules Council, Committee group, whatever they're called.
Speaker 2: Let's say they say every quarter.
Speaker 1: So four times a year, we're going to change the game changer's list, and it's gonna maintain or it's gonna stay at forty cards and only let's say twenty of them are going to carry over, so you're gonna see twenty new game changers, twenty new game changers, twenty new game changers every quarter.
Speaker 4: Here's why they can't do that. Yeah, because the second time it would happen, people were start ignoring it, and then we'd go right back to where we were before. Yeah, because people aren't gonna change. The reason most people, the reason Commander is so popular is because it's non rotating, and the moment you try and make it a rotating format, people are gonna tell you to fuck off. And we don't want that.
Speaker 1: That's a good that's actually a good argument as to not do that.
Speaker 4: I have no interest in doing any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Then I would say, let's go to a lighter band list and a heavier game changers list than what we currently have now agreed, and let's make the we've been talking about it for a month now, the Commander bracket matchmaking system. Let's make that a recognized part of the rules set or Commander, like other rules sets for other things in the rule set, for Commander, you have to have a commander. Your deck can only be your commander's color identity, neat exactly one hundred cards, only one of any card. These are the rules for Commander. Yeah, you have to follow the Commander bracket matchmaking system.
Speaker 2: I think if you make that into.
Speaker 1: A dedicated part of the rules that people just learn when they play the game as they learn the game, you can go nuts with the band list, and you can go nuts with the game changers list.
Speaker 4: I concur and I think that if you were going to do that, what we'd end up with as a four tier band list, because a level one or bracket one, which is go away. I think like if your deck is like, oh, but it's just meant to be fun and have people with chairs in it, then you should just play that at home. You know what? I mean, yeah, you know what it like. I have my casual deck at home is so strong. Oh what does it do? Well? Everything? And it costs ten? So every card is so good? Well how many? Right? My theme is everything costs ten? So what do you have to get you there? Nothing? You know, I turn ten, I start doing stuff. Yeah, like, don't bring that shit to a don't bring that shit to public because you're gonna get stomps.
Speaker 2: Because you're gonna get stomped.
Speaker 4: You to play with your friends, have fun with it.
Speaker 1: But when you do that, what you're doing and I'm glad we're talking about this on the pre show and not the regular show, because we've talked about it lots, But this is a little bit of a new thought I had. When you do that, what you're doing is adding extra baggage to the pregame and to the bracket discussion, right where in reality, we could have a four bracket system one two, three, four and one is just the current one and two combined.
Speaker 2: Sure, then and then that's.
Speaker 1: One three, the current three is actually a two, the current four is actually a three, and the current five is actually a four. So you have a one, a two, a three, and a four sure, and your theme decks just go alongside pre cons and say, ah, well, I don't mind losing to a pre con or a homemade deck. That's the power level of a pre con because this is my people sitting in chairs deck. I don't really care because it's not designed to win or sorry, it isn't designed with a dedicated that's not right either, because of course you're playing it to win.
Speaker 4: No, some people can aren't, and that's why I don't like ones.
Speaker 1: Ah yes, And that's why if you combine with one and two together and play it against people that are playing pre con power or actual pre cons, then you are you should be playing to win because your opponents are yeah, okay, yeah so maybe just.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't want to say I don't want to say casual players stay home, but like if you haven't, everybody sits at chairs deck. Those are way more exciting when you bring them to the deck like the show and you meet somebody like me and Ryan and you say, hey, this is why everybody's in chairs decks. Check it out and we look through it's like, oh man, this is and then begin to joke everybody's fun having a fun.
Speaker 1: Times even better when they're good, like, oh man, I'm trying to remember all Killer no Philler Miller back a few years ago built a deck out of a card that we talked about on the show. He built a whole deck around this, like Traveler No.
Speaker 2: No two color Enchantment.
Speaker 1: I don't remember what it was though, And the decks slap right, like if everybody's sitting in chairs or the other one that everybody always uses as an example, ladies looking left dot deck, if that deck shows up in balls, like, I like that better than saying, oh, it's a one, it's whatever, whatever, put it in a two combined, because you've combined them. And now these ones that otherwise just dirtle and jerk each other off are actually competing with with real decks.
Speaker 4: And nobody's going to be sad about that because it's cool.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think that's I think that as a community, we're if we did that, we'd be holding each other kind of like accountable to actually put thought and stratagem into our builds, when otherwise it would just be a scry fall search with like a criteria kind of addendum, chairs, hats fall off a cliff. You can put those things into scribe fall and find art results. Everything costs two converted manner, right, But if we say, hey, I'm coming at you, I don't care if everybody's falling off.
Speaker 2: A cliff in the art of your deck.
Speaker 1: I'm playing to win this game, even though it's at pre con level. Yeah, and that's me holding you accountable. If you've got some weird jankie theme.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that. And that way I can show up a ball out of control with my Bellow, which again is a one. I'm very excited to play at once one Tables in Edmonton when we're there this weekend. Oh, we'll be home. I'll actually when by the time this episode's releases, I'll be driving home. I assume you will be as well.
Speaker 2: I'm driving home Sunday, Okay, so we'll be.
Speaker 4: Both on our way home. You'll be home. I'll be on my way home on Monday.
Speaker 2: And what decks are you bringing?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure yet. I'm gonna I'm gonna go through. I'm gonna bring an actual one, not bellow, and a two and a three and a four. So what I'm thinking so far, what I've got is I'm gonna do necro bloom for my four, even though it's ranked is a three. No, that deck's good because it's a very fast combo deck who doesn't play any land denial. I'm gonna bring norin for my three, even though it's a four, because it plays it. It's a four because it has blood more in it, and I think that that's fair. I'm going to bring Vanaphar for my one because I think that that's lots of fun. Is that is that the every kind of facedowncreature dot deck?
Speaker 2: Oh that's not the food chain one.
Speaker 4: No, it's just every facedowncreature dot deck. And then in my two, I haven't quite decided yet. I'm leaning towards Ratidrabic because I played that at Big Ben's place a couple of weeks ago with you, and it had a really good game. But it was also lots of fun to play. Now because of the the new zombie pre con like actively made that deck so much more fun to play. So I'm thinking that might be my life. What changed of all of the all of my support and utility stuff cares about zombies in play and creatures in graveyards, and what Ratidrabic does is put zombies into that are copies of things that aren't zombies and then get the creatures in my graveyard back into my hand where I want them.
Speaker 2: There was new cards that were printed that do that in this precon.
Speaker 4: And I'm very I'm really excited about that deck right now. So we're gonna that one might make the cut. We'll see how it goes. And it is still a two, and it's as stupid. Everything is legendary dot oops deck.
Speaker 2: Right, it's fine, you know, you know what.
Speaker 4: But I have no delusions that it's a one because everything is legendary because that deck is fucking good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, definitely not a one. Definitely not a one.
Speaker 1: And I like cards or sorry, decks that have lots of legendary creatures in it now because we actually do see a lot of legendary creatures in precons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: That a because the cards are good and they probably fit the strategy, the synergy. They do two or three in everyone that are a part of the current.
Speaker 2: World or story.
Speaker 1: And they do that probably from like a kind of tertiary standpoint, because if you're getting a pre con and you want to like take this legendary creature out because you're editing the deck.
Speaker 2: You're tweaking the deck. Now you have another legend.
Speaker 1: That you could go and buy a hundred cards for because you have this legend. I say that in jest, but like I take a legendary creature out of my pre con now I can build another deck on it.
Speaker 4: You're also a marketing genius, So saying out of jest, you're also saying out of absolute seriousness. Speaking of legendary creatures, Ryan, we're gonna just waveer off. Okay, do you like CEO token packs?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 4: Do you like CEO.
Speaker 2: Sticker packs now that you mention it, do you like.
Speaker 4: Plain old packs and magic cards?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: Not as much as the first two.
Speaker 4: Here's a challenge that I love and Ryan is not going to like at all.
Speaker 2: That's French r challenge, But you.
Speaker 4: Guys are gonna enjoy very much. Final Fantasy is coming out right away. If you would like to win a Ceco sticker pack, a Ceco token pack, or a plane old pack of magic cards, what I want you to do is take your favorite Final Fantasy character and theory, craft a card that you'd like to see, and put it in the comments for us to read. Oh yeah, I'm gonna do one as an example. Okay, I'm ready, And it has to be flavorful. It can't just be I want my favorite character to be. I wanted to be a twenty to one twenty one unwalkable for one with haste. That's my commander.
Speaker 2: I don't know, NA make it make sense. R.
Speaker 4: It has to make sense. Yeah, final Fantasy sick. Okay, I'm ready, Goo gao goo?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 4: He's a character?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: And he's a two three four I'm gonna say green two three for four two three for four, and he has the activated and triggered abilities of all creatures your opponent's control.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like the opposite of Collector.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did I get there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Okay, So that's the creature that I think would be.
Speaker 2: So does he steal stuff in the game? What he does in the game, because that's that reads like a blue card to me.
Speaker 4: He he hops on enemies backs, and then when you kill them, he learns all of their moves, and then when he comes back, he learns more moves. But he has no moves of his own. He only has your opponent's moves. And because he grew up as like kind of a Tarzan character. He can't be blue.
Speaker 2: That's why I I say blue green.
Speaker 4: Do you think so? Okay?
Speaker 2: I say blue green, blue green.
Speaker 4: Two blue green two two three. That has the activated and triggered abilities of all creatures your opponents.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 2: Could we make him a one four? He does? He doesn't seem like a very good fighter.
Speaker 4: Now he's not very good fighting?
Speaker 2: Is he tough?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's make.
Speaker 4: Him a one three one three, one three.
Speaker 2: If we got there, so dies the Lightning.
Speaker 4: Bolt theory craft her own card. Put it in the comments below. You could be entered to win some cool stuff. And I'm really excited to see this because and even if you don't know Final Fantasy, fucking pick somebody, pick warri or Thief or White Mage and put a creature into play White Mage one one for white. Whenever a creature comes into play, gain a life.
Speaker 2: Well I'm pretty sure we have those.
Speaker 4: Well, why not do a functional reprint? There we go? Why not?
Speaker 2: Perfect?
Speaker 4: Perfect?
Speaker 1: Is what we need now is more soul sisters, absolutely, and soul brothers, because we've got a couple of those now too.
Speaker 4: That's true as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, okay, So we are on four eighty two banned list, unbanned stuff. I'm gonna come with a frickin picket sign like unbanned the world.
Speaker 4: Unban everything, and I'm gonna be like, yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine. Whatever. Hit our theme song,