Speaker 1: Is Michael garfil Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 1: In the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texas.
Speaker 3: It's to make life easier technology and Michael Garfield has something you might like.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio add Now you're high Tech Texan.
Speaker 3: Michael Garfield, Alan Dine's Day, super Bowl President's Day. People, It's February. It is Black History Month, it is Michael Garfield's birthday month. We've got rodeo season coming up at the end in Houston. Let's celebrate and we're going to do that for the next two hours. I do thank you everybody tuning in once again, twenty three years in running. It is called the High Tech Textan Show. Don't turn it off, people, There is so much more than just technology. I don't geek out that much. Trust me, people, interactive show. Whether you're listening over the air in Houston, San Antonio, in Dallas, we can also download it, so there's tech. You download the iHeartRadio app and you can listen to us on the live stream and you can listen on podcast. If there's some reason I want to hear this Ova and Ova again. Tell your friends follow me on social media because we also give away a lot of good stuff. Man, I was actually taking I didn't take official inventory because if I took inventory of all the crap and gadgets that I have in my house, the company send me that I continue to keeping a hoarde over the years. I really could open a retail store. And I'm serious. It's not going to be a massive retail store, maybe like a Trader Joe's size retail store. But I am sitting probably on a ton of cash because these are products that companies said, you know what, you know, we're gonna upgrade these things. Just go ahead and keep it, don't send it back. And these are things from phones to TVs, to chargers, to cases, to cables, to speakers to earbuds. I mean it goes on and on and on and before anybody gets bright ideas, I have a lot of cameras and security on my home, and I have a lot of guns too. We're allowed to have legally guns in Texas also to protect this house. I sound like an NFL commercial right now. We most protect this house. So what I do I have to get. I want to give some of this stuff away. So we could do it via here, via a phone number which I'm going to give you. We could do it. And I just sometimes I'm in my closet and going, oh, I forgot about this. Let's take a picture of this, Let's put it on my Instagram. Let's create a fun contest, and I'm going to mail it off to you. That's why you need to follow me certainly on Instagram. High Tech Texan Hi g h T e H T e x A N And we are off. It is my first show post super Bowl. I have been alive for every single Super Bowl actually, and I don't want to start ragging on it like this was the most boring listen. I've seen some blowouts people without a doubt, but this was kind of unexpected. If you listened last week. I had a big upside potential in my square pool four hundred dollars a square square pool, which was a ten thousand dollars per quarter payout. I didn't come. I mean, listen, even if you're one point off, it's not like you're close. It just doesn't work that way. I mean, it's so random the way they score. And then I guess if the score was closer in Kansas City, had gone for an extra point instead of going for a two pointer. Yeah, worked out, But I'm not in the wood. I could have shoot a game, but even if I won the ten thousand dollars per quarter, I'd still be here for you. How did you watch the game? And this is what I want to know, And with that we do start our interactive radio show three four six twenty nine text and that is the number where you can get to me three four six two nine te xam. When I say how did you watch the game? I'm not really concerned as woods and chips and guacamole and seven layered dep some wings. Because if you did, thanks for inviting me. Not did you watch it over cable? Did you watch it, like I suggested, using an over the air digital antenna which doesn't compress the signal. And you were probably impressed because there's no lag, You're not thirty seconds behind the game of play, because that's pretty cool. Did you watch it on tub And if you did not watch the game, you still not know it to be. But if you watched the game, you saw some kind of interesting commercials for two B Tubi and that is the streaming service that Fox bought a year ago. How did you watch? I'd love to hear from you. You can also go on x Twitter, whatever you want to call it. And by the way, it's also the same handle high Tech Texts and Hi g H T E H T e x A N. Did you enjoy watching the game? Did you notice any different whether you streamed it, whether you watched it on cable where you if you watch it over the air, did you watch it on your phone? Did you watch it on your tablet, your desktop? I mean, because we are consuming media at different in different forms. This did not happen fifty nine years ago when Super Bowl one happened in Los Angeles. It didn't happen ten years ago at Super Bowl forty nine.
Speaker 4: But it is.
Speaker 3: Happening now that we as consumers, we are watching these not just on linear television. We're all sitting on a couch watching on that the big old back of the day, the cathode raid too. But now we're watching on flat screen digital TVs, generally via cable, because we are now mobile, and I like, here's an example, I'll tell you this, like, I went to a pregame party. I was over in Houston, Verizon nice for the Verizon folks. They invited me to a pregame. Actually it was a pregame in watch and actually stay and watch the game at the Houston Texans practice facility, that big bubble right across the street from NRG Stadium. I didn't want to stay for the game because I just I wanted to to just I didn't want anybody around me. I wanted to watch it. I wanted to listen to the commentators. I wanted to watch the commercials and hear the commercials versus sitting with twelve hundred and fifteen hundred, two thousand people there. So I went to the pregame. I was there for about an hour and a half. Made some funny videos. Yes you can see those on my fun Instagram. You can like them if you want. But I went there and on the way home and I'm not supposed to do I'll just I'll just keep this safe. So I was a passenger in the car and I was watching the NFL pregame on my phone via two b and that was the only way to watch it because normally I would watch Fox Sports app, which I have and is free, but I downloaded they I'm a soccer man.
Speaker 4: That got me.
Speaker 3: I downloaded the two B app which is free, and it is one of, if not the largest free streaming app. I mean, it's not like it's there's not a lot of live programming, even though they did open up the Super Bowl and the Super Bowl pregame show to live programming. I mean there's a ton of channels and you could see movies and old sitcoms and whatever. But I was watching the pregame in the car on my mobile phone and this signal was great, just over five G. How did you watch it? Three four, six, twenty nine, Texans? What did you think of the commercials? I usually kind of I am a marketing guy. I'm really into the commercials and I'm really in the marketing, and I saw a lot of the commercials even before they air. They had some funny ones. We could talk about the halftime show when we come back. I am going to give you kind of my favorite commercials, some of them that actually worked in a commercial. If you are buying advertising, if you buy advertising here on my radio program, which we hope you do, please contact your local iHeart radio station, and you could, for a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction, purchase commercial time on this radio show Versus eight million dollars for a thirty second ad during the Super Bowl. But we hope advertising works here. It keeps us free. Like we're about to go to commercial right now, listen to the ads that run. I don't know what's gonna run, but I hope you choose to go buy from them and shop from them. When I talk about companies like Cabo, Bob's US Coins and Jewelry, Campbell's Compounding Pharmacy or whatever, I thank you they are are sponsors. But I will come back and I will tell you just because I saw ads for AI companies, car companies, beer companies, I didn't go out and buy them, but I will tell you a few that actually immediately pushed my buttons. I went online and I utilize their services. All that coming up next here and the biggest winner from the I'm gonna tell you who the biggest winner was last Super Bowl Sunday. You may be perplexed. That's what we do here on the High Tech Texan Show. It's called the teas it's Michael Garfield. Happy Weekend. Wherever and however you're listening to.
Speaker 4: The show, I may get hang in there.
Speaker 3: It's called the Teas People. That's what I do. I'm better than Mike Greenberg. This is Michael Garfield. As you heard, the High Tech Texan Show all across Texas, WAI twelve hundred and San Antonio, the Mighty and Mighty eleven ninety in and around Dallas and the big KPRC nine fifty am. That's the flagship in on that radio station now for twenty two, twenty three, twenty four years. I do think everybody for tuning in, and also for downloading the iHeartRadio app. If you missed the first segment and you want to hear this aging and again, all you need to do, that's right, Just listen to the podcast our good friend Callum Hello, Callum, Sir Calum read. As soon as we are finished here, he'll put it up on the old podcast of iHeartRadio. And you downloaded, and you listen, and you listen and you listen. Did anybody record the Super Bowl? Anybody? If you watched it live? The only people I think who would rewatch the Super Bowl are probably Philadelphia Eagle fans, because that's going to live in posterity. Shocked me that the Eagles won. I didn't have any money directly on the outcome of the game. I was in a square pool. Actually I was in one, two three, I was in three or four different square pools. Man, I kept bup gus freaking gupgus. Man can close. But whatever, that's just money, right, It's not like I get paid for this radio shows. You know, might as well just you know, throw away some money out the window. The advertisements, though, anybody have some good ones?
Speaker 5: Did?
Speaker 3: What was your favorite? You know? Was it the Dorito thing that some user actually made and he was abducted by aliens? Was it the Budweiser horse who little pushed the keg up and down this street? Uh? Some of thes. I was looking at the USA Today ad meter, which I followed for years and years and years. One of the big ones was the Ford commercial. No, I wouldn't you see, I don't even know it wouldn't have Ford commercial it was. It was the jeep commercial with Harrison Ford. You see how sometimes it didn't push the button U That was probably one of the best lines. He goes I like my jeep even though my last name is Ford. Very good with it. Uh. Glenn Powell University of Texas, by the but a lot of UT grads actually not. They didn't probably graduate. Between Matthew McConaughey and Glenn Powell UT Longhorn Boys, they actually played big roles in commercials, just like Xavier Worthy of UT Longhorn scored a few touchdowns for the Camp Jedi Chiefs Longhorns all over the place. Baby. I didn't rush out to buy hardly anything. I haven't bought Budweiser, a Bud Light beer. I did like the post Malone commercial. I think that was fun. Didn't certainly didn't go buy a car. But you know what I did. I downloaded two different apps that advertised a quick advertisement during the actual Super Bowl and one that didn't even advertise during the Super Bowl because they used guerrilla marketing and they use tweets, they use Instagram. Because you know what we as it get carrying over from the first segment, we as a society, when we watch things, and certainly when we watch football games, odds are we're using a second screen, and we use the term second screen is most likely it's your phone that you're holding while you're sitting on the couch watching your TV. You're on it because you're texting your buddies. Hey man, did you see that play? A Mahomes is not you know, rocking right now? What's what's going on? Was that a concussion? Can't believe they went for two. They should have got the whole thing. Maybe you're looking at live stats, maybe you're doing live betting, maybe you're doing emails. Maybe you're just I tell you what I guarantee if unless you're an Eagles fan, you got bored, probably at the beginning of the second quarter. So it's the second screen. So I mean, I'm going through my ax and my tweets and all this stuff, and I saw one from a company I've never heard of, and dang it if it didn't work. It's and this is not an app, but anyway, it's it's for me. I wish they would pay me to talk about this. But it was called Perplexity, and it's an app. And they did a Super Bowl contest that as I was reading post Super Bowl, it moved the needle on the number of downloads. Now, if you're watching the game, you saw ads eight million dollars a popp or so for open ai and Google because they were promoting their AI search engine a lot of money. But there's this. I wouldn't even familiar with this company and I cover the tech industry. It's called Perplexity. And what they did they posted a tweet sorry X whatever you want to call it. And what they did is they wanted users to download its app and oh, by the way, into a contest that could result in a one million dollar whin. Yeah again, I'm a sucker, I'm a consumer. I wanted to try it. But this one contest, this one X host it increased the mobile app installations by about fifty percent. This is according to an app intelligence provider called app Figures. A million dollars very clever way to not only boost the apps installations, but really help familiarize users with how this Perplexity AI search works. Because you to enter the contest. And I love this and this is this, this is for marketing. Gosh, I love marketing. I love this stuff. It was really kind of brilliant. Just because you download an app and install it, these companies want you to use it and to enter the one million dollar contest. You had to use it, and you had to use it during the Big Game. I don't think I'm allowed to call it the Super Bowl, Sorry about that. And what it did is since it's an AI app and what AI apps are there for, they want you to launch it and then ask questions, any questions. So what you had to do you had to download it during the game. Then you had to ask it at least five questions right there on the app during the big Game. Then the company said he was going to pick one million dollar Winter I did not win by requiring users to ask these five questions to do the contest. I think the app itself the perplexity, it really help users get the overall initial learning curve of how to try a new product. Brilliant, I say brilliant. And the other one was one that we saw on TV and did you check this out? It was right near the end of the game, if anybody was still watching, near the end of the fourth quarter. It was from an app again I've never heard of, called Fetch, and it was I don't even know if it was a thirty second ad. It may have been a fifteen second ad, and it may I don't even it may have just been graphics on a TV. I don't even know if anybody was even talking, and it said, if you download the app right now, they're giving away one point two million dollars. Like immediately, it was like, what ten thousand dollars a second over two minutes or something like that, And of course, yep, sucker downloaded the app and here was this is why this was so compelling. You had to immediately download it because it was getting ready to start. So when you and I don't know if the NFL appreciated this, because I did not fully and clearly and consciously watch the last two to three to four minutes of the football game because I was too busy downloading, registering for this app, and then watching the app to see if I won the ten thousand dollars. It was. It worked to some extent because two minutes later, when I found out I didn't win Jack, I uninstalled the app. That that could have been one of the fastest let's download the app and let's uninstall the app in the history. But it worked. I don't even know what fetch is about. Your favorite commercials. Tell me over here. Phone number is three four six twenty nine. Textan I'm about to give you some controversy. Don't call, but this is my opinion. The big winner. Who's the winner in the Super Bowl. Everybody's got their opinion. You're the oh the Philadelphia Eagles were the big winner? Was Fox the big winner because it was it about one hundred and forty six million dollars worth of profit or revenue in the day. Not in my mind, after spending this past week watching the game, assessing the ads, assessing the halftime, assessing, you know, was there any glitches, Tom Brady, whatever? Was in my mind, the biggest winner was Kendrick Lamar. Yep, Kendrick Lamar, the halftime entertainer. I'm not necessarily a fan of Kendrick. I really didn't enjoy that halftime show because I don't think I'm in as demographic. I knew two of his songs coming in. That's the only thing I really knew about him. The thing is you have to factor in not only what happens live, but also in the chatter online, the viralinness of it, and let me help you out. I over the past week six days have seen more chatter about Kendrick Lamar's halftime show than the actual highlights. The play by play of what happened in the actual game. Kendrick Lamar won this Jay Z's Company, you actually put on the whole halftime show. They won it because it's buzz and it was polarizing whether you hated it, whether you didn't understand it, whether you liked it, whether you loved it. My goodness to me only the number one thing that is continuing to come up at the top of my Thieves, top of my Instagram, top of my Facebook was Kendrick Lamar clips ten second, thirty second clips of his halftime show. Behind the scenes of the halftime show, did you see Serena Williams do this? Did you understand the underlying segment of what he was trying to do? Drake? It lasted a week and it still could go on. To me, the buzz in the viral Kendrick Lamar biggest winner of the week other than me, because you're listening to me right now, all right halfway to the end of the first hour. You know the phone number it is Michael Garfield. When we come back. Is the end of TV as we know it actually about to be over? I think it may be. And what's up people? The Gulf of America. Apparently it's officially changed on some apps coming up right here on the High Tech Testing Show, Last we forget. This is a call in radio show, and I do thank you for calling. We've got a few people on the line. Let's see if we can get to those three four six twenty nine textan that's three four six two nine T e x A N. Michael Garfields is the name. We have been talking a little about Super Bowls and television and how did you watch it? Did you watch it linear? Over the air TV? Cable TV? Is the end of TV as we know it? Near? I'll get to that, but as I said, we we can't keep a lot of these colors on hold right now, so let's go to the phones. How you doing. I appreciate this is Brian, Brian, it's Michael. What's going on today?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 6: Michael, great show. I always follow you and I bought a S twenty five based on your recommendation. I'm curious about a case and I noticed the new mag charging on the backround, wondering what your recommendation is.
Speaker 3: Look at that somebody taking my advice I talk about phones. You get it. I appreciate it. Thank you, Brian. I appreciate that call. Yeah, let's talk about magnetic cases. I don't talk about cases a lot. I talk about the phones a lot, but I will and I have recommended for twenty three years that I've been doing this radio and the TV segments. You need a case because it protects your phone. The phone is not cheap nowadays. It it's going to give it at least one, two, three, four years longer. And for some reason, you do want to sell that phone one day or give it away. You want it in good condition because you're gonna it's more valued. You're gonna get your you know, potentially more money if you do happen to sell it. So in terms of cases, let's talk about the magnetic stuff. Now, I'm not an Apple guy, and I do know years ago that Apple came up with a with with something that it was a magnet that was embedded. It was starting in the iPhone twelve back in twenty twenty. It was a magnet and they trademarked it. It's called mag safe, all right. It's a technology and what it is, it's a ring of magnets that's embedded in the back of the phone and It's been on every iPhone since the iPhone twelve. And you can go out and you can buy accessories from battery packs, to phone grips to just a number of other things and it magnetically. It just puts it on the back of your phone and you're set to go. Well, because I'm not an iPhone guy, I've never really utilized mag safe. Like, guess what you are available to use it for Android phones? Brian, you said you got the new Samsung S twenty five, whatever version you got. There are a number of companies who make and we're not gonna call mag Safe because mag safe is for Apple, but they are magnetic cases that well, you know, obviously you could put it on put on your phone, which allows you to put these accessories to make it work, including the wallets, the phone grips, and the battery and the batteries. And there's a number of them out there. And as a matter of fact, when we just name check this one, when I picked up my Samsung Galaxy S twenty five Ultra back in San Jose a few weeks ago at the big press event that I was at, I ran into a gentleman from Spegan spig E n. Speagan, good case maker, and he was very nice enough. He gave me one of these new magnetic cases. And this is the first time I've actually ever used a magnetic case. I'm telling you what. And this is not an endorsement of any I wish it was an endorsement for speaking and all these ye I'm just let me just tell you this is the only type of case I would buy. I love this magnetic case. I would say absolutely everybody out there, it's worth investing. And they're not that expensive. I mean at the top level maybe a case you can get a sixty dollars, but you can get cases, you know, five, ten, fifteen dollars. I say the sweet spot is twenty five thirty five forty dollars though for a magnetic case. But the specific speaking case that I have, not only it's got a little it's got a round magnet on it that I could just pop everything on there. This one actually had a kickstand and I can now automatically stand the phone up if I want to take selfies or whatever. So it's good. So to answer your question, yes, if you do have an Android phone, I would recommend if you're getting a get a case the least of us. Just get some sort of a case. There are hundreds and hundreds of case companies out there. I don't endorse one yet. I should because I would probably actually make the company go public. But in this case, I have a spegan. It worked. I got don't know four other companies. Now we were offering to semi cases I can try out. I may do that, but go get it, gogle. Go check that out, and go get a magnetic case. And so I do. Thank you for that phone called Brian phone number hero of the long running high Tech Texan show heard all across the country on iHeartRadio in the app three four six twenty nine Texan. That is how you'll get to meet anybody checked out their Google Maps or the Apple Maps lately. You ever zoomed into that body of water just south of Texas and Louisiana and Mississippi and Alabama. I don't know about you, but I went to six sixteen years of school and I learned that body of water was Gosh, I hate using past tense. It was called the Gulf of Mexico. You know, as I sit and do the show in Houston, Texas, I'm probably no more than fifty miles fifty five miles from that body of water as muddy and discussing as it is in Galveston, which used to be called the Gulf of Mexico. People, if you believe what Google says and what Apple Maps now say, it is officially changed to the Gulf of America. Go check it out. Open your maps right now, right and just look look where you are, and just take your little two fingers and spread it out, move it up and down. Look right there in the middle where there's a lot of oil buried under that water. And it's going to say the Gulf of America. Anyone does Is this a big dealer?
Speaker 4: No deal?
Speaker 3: Three four six twenty nine Texan, Google officially and Apple they have officially changed the name, based on the orders of President Trump, the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America. That's it. It was an executive order renamed the body of water, and the Federal Board of Geographic Names formerly changed it this past Monday. Now give us some insight, because I researched things for you. The Geographic Names Information System, believe it or not, that's that's the thing. It sits under the United States Geological Survey, and they are the ones that provide the names used in Google Maps also changed. Mount Denali in Alaska also got a name change. It was officially renamed to Mount McKinley following Trump's executive order on January twentieth. I'm not sure if Google has or Apple has renamed that yet, but it is going to be updated. I'm trying not to make this political. Let's just talk about changing names. Is anybody going to Are you really going to start calling this the Gulf of America if you are someone who is my age, if you were in your fifties or area below that, we know what it was, Hey, cage, you want to go waiting in the muddy waters of Galveston in the Gulf of America. Believe me, if you've ever seen parts of the Gulf of America, I'd being pretty embarrassed to call it the Gulf of America. There's some disgusting waters. And you know what, let's do a little riff on this. When I was a kid, the body of water was called the Gulf of America the Gulf of Mexico. When I was a kid, there were nine planets in the Solar system. Now there's eight. How and when did all of this change in? I'm thinking, did I waste sixteen years of my life going to school to learn this stuff that's going to change? I mean, my poor mom who had to help me when I was making the actual, you know, the three D full diagrams of the solar system when I was in I don't know what fourth fifth grade and we had to go to the stores to get the styrofoam balls and we got ten different balls and we had to color them. One was the Sun. Had to get that big styrophoam ball. We got a little teeny one from Mercury, and then Venus, and then Mars and a little tiny blue dot, which, oh my gosh, your Earth is so small, all right? And then there's Jupiter and how do we make the rings around Saturn? And we had to go get some construction paper and do that. And then there was Yourinus. And then there was Pluto, little tiny purple thing. Well, I don't know, I was a ten years ago. Somebody said, you know what, Pluto ain't no planet anymore. I don't think it was the President of the United States. What else am I missing? Before we get to break three? Four, six, twenty nine textan if you are relatively of my age, what changed from science to geography that we learn? I mean, remember the metric system we were it was the seventies and I think that was that Gerald Ford thing or is it a Jimmy Carter thing back when he was President man America switching to the metric system and we had to go through what a decimeter and a hectameter and a millimeter and all this stuff? How'd that turn out? Not too well here in the United States? Because we said, screw it, we are the United States and we could do anything we want, and we did, which I guess is what the president is doing right now. We're just going to rename everything. And why why didn't even how Nolan Trump, who is a really good businessman just in some ways shapes and forms, why didn't he just find a sponsor for it? Why not? I mean because I know, uh, shell Shell does a lot of deep oil well thrilling and digging in the Gulf of America. Why not just it's the Gulf of America gold brought to you, what the shell Gulf of America. How much money that they would take him? The VP We're sorry about the oil spill. But you know what, we're gonna take spot title sponsorship right now. You know we're just gonna soften our image. I'm gonna leave you with this. I have a new name for it. If we're gonna self name things, we're gonna sponsor things, we are now gonna call it not the Gulf of America, ladies and gentlemen, the new body of water. It's the Garth of America.
Speaker 4: Well you're at that.
Speaker 3: I'll segment first hour of the show. Michael Garkfield. Thank you so much. Phone number here. Maybe we'll pick up another color or two. Just if you have questions, You have thoughts on pretty much anything, man, it doesn't matter. Been testing out some new bourbon too. If you're a big Brown Water fan, I'm more than happy to give you some of my faves. It's added another like twelve to fifteen bottles of my collection. Very nice birthday gifts earlier this month to some of my buddies. But it's it's lifestyle, it's consumer stuff. Whatever you need. I am your guy. Three four six, two nine. Texan must follow all my stuff on Instagram and x and wherever, all the most of the social media because I'm not doing TikTok high tech Texan spell the whole thing out follow you can win, got to give some Actually we're giving something away next hour, Big Marty Grock Galveston, got some tickets to give away next hour. If you're a big Marty Rough fan, high tech text and hi g H T E H T e x A N. One of the things that I also cover, probably almost more than anything else, is automobiles. I'm a big automobile I review cars and trucks, non sponsored, don't deal with dealerships. It's directly from the manufacturers. Been doing it fifteen years. I have test driven probably over one thousand vehicles, sports cars, SUV, cuvs, evs, you name it. So I do cover the industry pretty intensely. And you know, obviously EV's electric vehicles. I have my thoughts if you're a longtime listener on it. But I'm debating, and I think the industry is debating whether it's good business or not. I saw this headline Ford lost five billion dollars on EV's last year at twenty twenty four. It predicts it will lose another five billion dollars this year. In twenty twenty five, Man Ford. It released its fourth quarter in full year earnings earlier this week, and they did beat Wall Street expectations. Good for them, but the predictions of a tougher year ahead it really kind of underscores how far the company still needs to go before it can really right size its electric vehicle business. And listen, to be sure, the gas cars that Ford still has, they're doing quite well and they're bringing in enough revenue for the company, So the company is still making money. But the company warned its earnings may drop two billion dollars or more of this coming year thanks to new vehicle launches and following car prices and whatever. Ford I believe to me, they're kind of struggling to keep up with the rivals and the EV market. I mean, GM has come out with several new models last year, the Chevy Head some I've tested a number of those, the Cadillac, the Cadillact Lyric. I played in that that was pretty cool. Ford don't really, by my account, only has three battery electric vehicles on sale right now, three of them right, Mustang being one GM's EV business. I believe it's showing signs of profitability. Ford seems to struggle a bit Ford cancel plans to introduce an electric three row SUV. I don't know. I'm not telling you to steer away. There's a pun intended right there, but you may want to think about it. I'm fine with EV's and again, I literally have to put an asterisk in a caveat every time I talk about EV's because people think I hate EV's. I don't hate evs. What I'm not a fan of it's our battery charging infrastructure that we have here in the United States right now, there's just not enough chargers. And for a dude like me, and again, I everybody is in a different situation. If you were a stay at at home person and you don't drive to the office, you don't commute, and you don't do whatever. If you do nothing but take the kids to school which is two miles away, you take them to soccer practice, and you got a charge you at home, perfecto. I think EV's are great, right, But for me, kids are great. Courage kids are out of the house. Single guy. Parents live in you know, Dallas. I want to go to the UT Games in Austin, that's just from Houston. When we're talking two hundred and twenty five to three hundred miles. Man, that is just about the limit of what an electric car, electric vehicle will go. I mister Adhd, I am not one to stop somewhere halfway three quarters of the way on the road, pray that there's going to be a charger that's readily available. Wait forty five minutes, for an hour if that, to even get the thing almost up to one hundred percent, and go, I am snap, snap, snap, I'm on the road. Let's go, go, go. But maybe there's a reprieve in site. I saw this too. Tesla based in Texas. By the way, Tesla has a ton of Tesla superchargers, and that's their proprietary charger. And if your member a story I told you about three months ago. I've never tested a Tesla. They're not in the program that I actually get vehicles, but I get a lot of other electric cars that are non Tesla cars. Well, Tesla has a proprietary charger that you just can't plug in to any other type of vehicle that's not a Tesla. A couple of years ago, Tesla announced that some of their charging stations had been fitted with adapters for other EV brands, some of which are in Texas. Well, it was what was it about? February twenty twenty three, the White House issued guidance that ed manufacturers who wanted to receive federal funding they had to make their chargers agnostic, no matter what brand it was, it had to work. So Tesla announced then that they they were going to open about thirty five hundred of their supercharges to other vehicles. All right, well, now, allegedly they if you have a non Tesla EV, you're going to be able to charge your non Tesla vehicle there. This happened to me. I went, I went to somewhere in Brinham, Texas, you know, on the about an hour north west of Houston, and I'm in a Chevy Equinox I think it was, or whatever it was, and I'm down to nothing, and I'm on my map, on my Google Maps, and I'm looking for a charger and the only chargers that were popping up are Tesla. And I just had the worst weekend because like I think I'm gonna might the car was, battery was gonna die. I pull up a Tesla couldn't fit into my car. It was bad. But anyway, Tesla promised to make thirty five hundred of its stations available to all electric vehicles by the end of last year. If you do want to try this out and you find one and you have a non Tesla EV, Tesla has retrofitted some stations with a what's called a magic doc It's a magic dock. It is an adapter that is placed on top of Tesla's flug and it enables non Tesla EV's to charge at a maximum rate of two hundred and fifty kilos. And to use this thing, you need to download the Tesla app and create accounts brilliant, brilliant, Okay, and then you hit charger non Tesla and I'll let you find a super charger site that is near body. Oh and yes, you do need to add a payment card. It ain't free. People. At that point you go to find the stations, you plug it in and you start charging. And I don't even know how much it costs. And believe it, you heard another story about what a month and a half ago when I went to Lake Charles and I was in a hummer H three EV what was it eighty dollars to charge the thing and he killed an hour and a half of my time I will continue to follow this market and then maybe talk to you any to talk to about it the ED. But now we're gonna take a break. We're gonna hear something about wonderful partners and sponsors. You're gonna go buy something from them, and you're gonna sit right here and wait. We need to come back on a high Tech Texan check hias is Michael Garfier Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 1: In the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is here with a.
Speaker 3: High Tech Texans items to make life easier technology.
Speaker 1: So Michael Garfield has something you might want.
Speaker 5: Went on.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield's your high Tech Texas three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets, ocurd worldwide on the Iheartarey. You'll act right now. You're high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 3: Start of the second hour, and since I have two hours, we're gonna call this pretty much halfway through the end of the show. And we always do call it halfway to happy hour. Even though you're listening plausibly live on the weekend, it should be happy hour. Really, I don't know why you're happy because now the football season's Ovah what is there to do? And listen, I'm speaking for me personally. I mean, you probably have a good life. You're married, you got a husband, you got a wife, you got kids, and you're gonna start the end of the softball the baseball season. You know, maybe wait whatever, maybe you travel, you got the school in ballet and whatever. Not me, okay, three boys grown up. I'm alone. Football is the only thing that matters to me. Not a big baseball fan unless the Rangers are potentially the Astros are contention, so that's months and months and months away. Inchers and catchers report soon. By the way, NBA, maybe I'll get into it when playoffs start and then it gets the hot, disgusting dulgems of summer and the only thing I count down is August when football season kind of gears up a yet, so pretty much, I have six months, steah, with five months, six months to do nothing. So if you're happy and you know it, clap your hands and just keep on tuning in. Talked a lot about the super Bowl last week, the big winner. I'm not gonna tell you who my big winner was. You're gonna have to go podcast at from last hour Callum reed we'll put that up here very quickly. Just go to iHeartRadio dot com and you can actually download the podcast. Just look for high Tech Hexan or Michael Garfield and you can feel my energy and you get that talked about some of the Super Bowl ads. There was a Super Bowl ad for tea Mobile. Anybody see that, And it actually kind of prize me too, because it was an intriguing spot that described their free, yes, my favorite four little word, free satellite smartphone service that's available to customers of any major wireless carrier, Yes, including AT and T and Verizon and obviously T Mobile. What the deal is And because I got a number of different emails about this, here's the deal. T Mobile heartnered up with satellite provider Starlink and they're essentially introducing satellite service when you're in an area without traditional cell service. Pretty much about anyone in the United States with a mobile phone and a relatively new mobile phone as long as you'r as long as your phone is less than four years old. Yes, I know there's some fine print there too. You have to sign up for this limited number of spots that T Mobile is making available for this free trial data test, and so Google that if you want to, if you get in, you're gonna have access to free text messaging, location sharing, and nine to one one emergency tech services through June. When you're in kind of like this dead zone when you don't have traditional cell service. So if you're in the middle of the if you go hiking and you're in a mountain or something and all of a sudden, you know you don't have any bars on your phone, that's a dead zone. Well what happens now, It's gonna connect to the Starlink satellite service, which is a low Earth orbit satellite that is floating up in orbit, and you're gonna be able to connect that way. Now. The commercial service allegedlates launching in July. I believe they've already had a price on that thing. You're gonna pay fifteen dollars a month if you're an existing Team Mobile customer. Maybe if you're twenty bucks a month if you're with eighteen Hoizon that that's That's what I'm saying right now. You don't need to change your current cell plans. It's not going to change how and where any of that stuff works. So T Mobile kind of taken a lead when it comes to this and the way it works, it's once you go outside of your traditional cell network, your phone essentially switches over to a new satellite network that's powered by these Starlink satellites. And there's about four hundred and fifty of them or sell. You may have noticed them flying overhead over the last few months if you look up in the sky. They're not UFOs. They're just to bring a starlink satellites and T Mobile can make this offer to eighteen T Verizon. It's completely different, independent from existing cell networks, and that's why they can offer it. So it's the same process to switch over to it, regardless of your primary cell phone care carrier. So fudos. And again this is not an ad for anybody. It's certainly not T Mobile, but it's I like this news. It's it's a new and better way, allegedly better way of communicating. And one day maybe it's gonna make cell phone os, cell phone the actually cellular towers obsolete, which potentially could make it cheaper. I mean, think about it, these cell phone towers. Somebody has to go out and build these towers. Somebody's got to climb up these towers. And put all the you know, the the repeaters and the cell dishes up there, and make sure they're continuing to work and if they break or something, you gotta at one point, we may not need this. Now we just launch a satellite, a series of network of satellites, and now we could talk anywhere on Earth. I dig that, man, I dig it. I just want to number one, may make sure it works. And what information can they potentially get from you? Probably not more than they already get from us, because they get everything from us right now. And how much is it gonna cost? But okay, I see T Mobile taking the lead and again as a marketing guys, kind of a tech story overy here. I thought that was really really interesting. Now listen I AT and T and Verizon. I think they have made announcements last year, and they previewed some of their own satellite offerings. That's in conjunction with other satellite providers, and there's a few of them out there. But regardless, I think this new satellite service it represents a pretty impressive accomplishment from T Mobile and Starlink, and it really highlights how far mobile technology has come. I mean, you go back to the early days of cellular I mean it's it's like magic. So I personally I think I did sign up for the bet at beta test, I haven't received word. If I'm one of the people who get it. Who knows. But then again, I don't go on a lot of dead zones. But the funny thing is you may live in a house that's got a dead zone because I get questions and calls all the time, Michael Harcomb, and I'll go on my top upstairs bathroom and I can't get any cell cell service. Well, you may actually do it now, but I will keep you up to data when that goes online. For some reason, I make it to the beta test, I'll let you know and for some reason, and this is why it's an interactive show. If you get chosen to be a beta tester for this limited T mobile Starlink hookup, try it and then you're gonna call me and you're gonna let me know how it goes. And we'd love to put you on the air in which we can we could do right now as we take our first break of this hour three four six two nine t e x A N. Now when I coming up, we're gonna talk about AI a little bit more. You saw some TV commercials during the Super Bowl for AI. Don't know if you use it a lot, but I'm gonna give you warning now because this is what I do. Be there very careful with your AI data that you give. Some AI companies out there, specifically the ones that are from China. I will name check those coming up and some other things that you need to really be aware of should you use artificial intelligence. Nothing artificial here. I'm one hundred percent pure sugar and sweetness. Michael arg over the day and on the High Tech Text and Show, we are back at it. Michael Garfield is the name. It's called the High Tech Texans Show all over at the State of Texas. Big shout out obviously to Houston Galveson, but also Big D Dallas and also San Antonio terrestrially. If you're listening on iHeartRadio, move to Texas people. We want your money, even though we have a no state income text. But we do have some fun and it's my job just to tell you about what's going on in the world. Doesn't have to be about technology, whether it's cars or parties or cocktails. I am your guy, busy month man I'll tell you what. We're middle of the month of February, and it's betraying. I had birthday, Super Bowls done, ces is finally over, had the Great Houston Auto Show a few weeks ago. Countdown the rodeo and barbecue cook off that's coming up. But I was noticed also what happens every year right around this time is another massively big party that happens down in the kind of the southeast state of Texas, in Galveston exactly. It is Marty Gras. And I know this specifically because here at iHeart we've long time had a partnership with Marty gra Galveston, not the one in New Orleans, but Marty gra Galveston. There's generally an iHeart parade and for years, man, I used to go down there and throw beads and everything. And sure enough I pulled it up and looked at the calendar. Guess what, it's next weekend. So it's my job to tell you what's going on and maybe give away a little something something. So what do we do. We go to the Queen of Marty Gras herself. Her name is Rochelle Salinas. Is are you the queen of Moments the queen of Marty Gras. Do you have an official title? What do we got here?
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm not. I've got to be unbiased to my cruise, so we can just be the Money Gras Maven, gotcha.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of queens. I guess momas is a specific you got to educate you. Moments is a specific parade or a crew or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what makes money Gross so special? Even in New Orleans? There are all the types of cruse, and a crew is a group of people that participate in a parade or a ball or a fundraiser. They're usually some sort of community service element to it. And so Nights of Momis is the oldest crew in Houston and Galveston. Tilman Fertita is a part of that crew, and so they have a big ball at the San Luis Hotel and that's one of the grandest parades that happens on the second weekend too.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you talk about two weekends, So let's start with the play by play. First weekend is this next weekend, this coming weekend, which is the weekend of the twenty second, twenty third, and then it goes again another weekend too. It's two weeks of partying. Are you kidding me, Rochelle? I mean, how good? How do people in the southeast Southeast Texas take this? Between Barbiecue cook Golf, between Marty Grass, between everything you got going on? But this is a party though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to say so for the rest of the week. To get through the weekend, that's for sure. But it's you know, it is NonStop fun and it's a real cultural experience. There's more than twenty parades in Monty Grog Galveston. There's all kinds of balls, live entertainment, music, food vendors, and the parades are spectacular and they have some different themes. Our first night on February twenty first is a fire trick parade and it's you know, open for free that night, and then it's a ticketed event the rest of the weekend. And we've got Brett Michaels performing, Cameron Sacki Bands, Country fan of Kevin Fowler. So good live entertainment, great costumes, and thousands and thousands upon thousands of beads to be caught as well.
Speaker 3: Michaels every rose as though you see, you don't need Brett, you got the real Michael Garfield there, uh, former poison. We're talking to Rochelle Selina specifically about Marty gra Galveston. It is coming up these next two weeks February, I guess twenty second, twenty third, and also what is that March first and second? It is that it's I've been many many times, and because actually iHeart, we have our own parade. I think it's going about crude to iHeart on one of the days. And actually, let me pull this up. It is, uh next Saturday, it's the It's February twenty second at three pm. It's you know what I've ridden. I think that's the only parade I have actually been in. I know people, I bet I can dit in that parade and throw throw some beads. But it is a ticket event. A lot of people think, oh, well, you don't need a ticket, but I guess at one part, right through the big downtown, the heart, the strand, it is a great viewing area, Rochelle, and I guess at that point you do need some tickets, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You do need tickets in the downtown district, which is all fenced off for everyone's safety and It's a a lot of fun being in that area because the parades go around in that route in that kind of rectangular streets of downtown and it they go by twice, so you're getting all the parade action right there. We also have the Golden Bead Award prize that goes out. We have three days that we throw the golden bead and if you catch this s bead, you could win a thousand dollars towards a cruise out of Galveston. You could win two airfare tickets to Mexico, and you could win a Galveston VIP package. So that's another whole reason to go and get your chance at winning. It's not just catching any of the regular beads, but the special medallion ones and this really cool golden Bead prize.
Speaker 3: The one's a winner. By the way, any females out there need some tips on what's the best way to efficiently catch beads, you want to go ahead and explain, no, no, no, cancel that question.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny is that I was talking with someone the other day. Galveston is definitely one of the more family friendly versions of Mardi Grass celebrations and I've brought my kids the last few years. They love catching the beads. Obviously, when it gets dark, it's probably not as family friendly, but it really is good for everybody to come and have a good.
Speaker 3: Time without an ad I have three boys, as you know, and for years and years I used to take them and actually brought them on the floats with me, and so it's really neat throwing and tossing the beads out to the kids and all the family members. Speaking of which, this is a family event. Let's go back to the tickets. What are the ticket packages, how much are they adults, kids, and what's the easiest way to get them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, check out online on mardigron Galveston dot com. There's a variety of ticket offerings. So right now the first weekend package is going for thirty one bucks, but you can also get the VIP balcony experience. You can just get a one day ticket. Children under twelve are free, So there's different packages that you want to look out online.
Speaker 3: I will recommend this having about any access and pass. I'm looking at them right now because you can buy them right online. It's a great vantage point because you're above the crowd and then you know, yeah, you're throwing the beads down, and you know generally it may come with some cocktails. I don't even I haven't look at the package yet, but it's it's a neat meat damage point. And I must say, but the many years I've done it, and it's been a while since that i've been, I actually may go this year. I don't think I'm doing anything on the twenty second. So you know, Brett Michael's Michael Garfield little duet, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can get you down on a float too. I mean, you can't mince out on the fun. The Galveston also offers the float build your own float package too, so you can. There's two major experiences if you're one to upgrade is definitely going to the balcony and throwing the beads at the people there, or riding in a parade and being a part of the parade float, because those are definitely high end experiences that you're not going to get anywhere else, and it just makes it really special.
Speaker 3: It's fun without a doubt. Let if those are my longtime listeners in Houston, Listen Houston, Galvitz and it's the same VMA. I mean, Gallison is less than forty five minutes away. But for my newer listeners right now in Dallas, in San Antonio and actually across the state of Texas, there's a lot of destinations you may have never been to in our great state or certain events, you know, be it art shows or sporting events. This is one to put on your calendar. I mean, they just take a week in and go ahead, and I know, maybe just a one to two weeks away, but coming down to Galaston, it's it is fun and it is it can't get crazy on a weekend like this, and so I do wish you good luck, good weather, and also my dear listeners. Rochelle, you have kindly donated what a family four pack of tickets to us to want a lucky listener, Is that right?
Speaker 2: That's right, you got four tickets to give away.
Speaker 3: Look at this, This is why you tune in people, not just for my you know, you know, stupid ugly looks and this nasty charm. You'll want to win. And that's what we're doing with the radios to stand by. Between now and the end of the show, We're going to give away a Family four pack. Rachelle probably will see you and throw you some beads. You do the same when I see you next weekend at the first of the two weekends of Marty Grog Galaston. I appreciate your time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. We'll have fun.
Speaker 3: That's fine. Really, hey, folks, listen it really, it's all about having fun. And the first time I didn't know what to expect because I've never even been to the one in New Orleans. But I can't imagine New Orleans even being you know, this much fun. It's a blast. And plus I don't have to you know, drive six hours to New Orleans or hopping a plane. I just hopped popped down to Galvey. It's cool stuff. This is high tech text and show. Michael Garfield is the name. Don't go anywhere. Yes, stand by. We will give away that full pack to Marty Brod Galves stand by.
Speaker 4: Here for you.
Speaker 3: Michael Garfield is the game, be long running, a high tech textan show all across them. When I say all across the state of Texas, now very proud to say that twenty three years in Houston on kprc AM nine fifty. But also, what's up San Antonio Wai twelve hundred and then Dallas eleven ninety talk radio The Mighty Mighty eleven ninety and of course all over the world. iHeartRadio dot com wherever you get your great streaming and also podcasts, look for the high tech texts. And it is my job. I use the word job, but that's what I've done for well over two decades and giving you some ideas reviewing some products and services. You know, one thing that I don't talk about too much that I need to start thinking about myself as I turned another year older and continue to get up there in age, is what happens to all of my information, my data, my photos, my videos, you know, as I get older. You know, I mean I do have given all three of my boys, you know, my passwords and what's going on. It's not even just in case, it's when it happens or something. I think everybody needs to start planning ahead. We plan for our financial future, but what about our legacy the family is we have so much data in our photos. Well, there are companies, there are answers out there, I mean on Facebook and Instagram. You can set things like you know, if for some reason you expiring you pass you know who can access your account. But let's go back to the photos in the data in your life history. There's a company I found here, it's in Houston, that it is just doing some really really neat things with memories and creating these legacies, so much so they put it in the name of the company. It's called my Legacy Video dot Com. It's run by Chris Swanson, who I have known for many, many years. What an unbelievable background he has had in the video production industry. He's created this thing and I think it's just a great idea, and I wanted to bring him in to talk about it. Chris wants and joins me. Right now, Chris, you are my legacy people. I'm gonna give you my password just in case something happens to me. Can I trust you with that?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: You can?
Speaker 3: Well that is good. Hey, listen, we have worked on so many projects together. Obviously your background with you know ABC thirteen in the video thing you have this this company you just created is called my Legacy Video dot Com. At the top level, explain what that is to the listeners.
Speaker 5: Basically, what we do is this all came about when I went to one of my very good friends. You passed away, and I had left his celebration of life, and I'm driving down the road and I thought, Wow, the stories that this guy had are gone. He lived a life like many many of us do. We have a lot of fun things we do, we have a lot of obstacles, we overcome, we have a lot of experiences that we go through in our life. And I was thinking, all of his experiences are gone. So I thought, you know, we can do this. I've got a video production company. Let's document people's lives. And so what we started doing is we do an extensive interview with people about their life, starting out with you know, where were you born, who was your mom, who was your dad, who was your grandma, your grandpa? What do you remember about them? Going up through growing up, going to school? You know, did you play in the band, did you play football? What did you do in your life? And then onward through you know, did you get married, who was your wife or your husband? And how did you meet them? And where was your honeymoon? And you know, just all these facts about life that a lot of times people don't talk about. And we go all the way up through current time, and most of the time, these people that we interview have accomplished things. You know, it's not a twenty year old normally that we're doing an interview with, but it's people that accomplishing. They talk about their business experience, you know, if they have a company, how they started it or what they did is a profession, and experiences they had during that. It's just a wonderful opportunity to get people's lives documented. And then after the we do the interview, we do an extensive, long interview. We asked them for do you have a picture of you in elementary school? Do you have a picture of you playing football? Do you have a picture of you with your spouse at your wedding, Do you have pictures of you at your job if you're a pilot, or you're a teacher, or you know whatever. Or video We take those videos and those pictures and then we incorporate that into the video production that we do about people's lives. And the magic of this is once we get this completed, they can pass that on down to their kids, grandkids, great grandkids, great great grandkids, and after they're long gone, there's a legacy of their life and what they've done. And you know, we did this for one of our clients and at Christmas time they took it and showed it to their whole family. It made their Christmas magical because the grandkids were asking, you know, you know you raise chickens, and he said, yes, you know, I raised chickens, and you know, the chickens would lay eggs and I'd take the eggs and I'd go sell them. And that's the way I raise money to go to college and buy my first car. And it was just amazing how people don't talk about this, and they go to family gatherings and they talk about, you know, their hairstyle and their clothes and whatever. They don't talk about their history. And it just makes a legacy for people, and people absolutely love it.
Speaker 3: It sounds interesting. I've seen some of your work Chris wantson It is called my Legacy video dot com. Is you're not a fly by night guy when it comes to doing something like this. Your background. I know, you're at ABC thirteen, you have been behind the camera. You're an editor, and so you and your staff a lot of skills over there to put something like this, to make it compelling and really to be a story to tell.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, this is a quality production. It's network quality, it's professional. The people that work with me are award winning journalists and videographers and editors, and you know, it's it's a first class production, and we really put every effort into it to make it as amazing as we can. By the time we finished with one of these videos, it could be shown on network television. It's that quality.
Speaker 3: Your audience that I guess the people who have been purchasing and utilizing your services. Can I imagine they're you know, close to or in retirement right now, and you know, either they're getting it for themselves as a legacy, but I also I also can see kids or grandkids even giving this as a gift to those grandparents, like, hey, you know, we want to know your legacy so we can continue to pass it down. You know what's what's kind of that sweet spot that you've seen with your clients.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, when I was working in the media, I spent years at KPRC Channel two, and then I spent many years at Channel thirteen. I had one particular friend of mine who used to tell me and I had a camera with me all the time, and he would say Hey, Chris, I want you to bring your camera over and I want to interview my dad and get him to tell some of those stories that he's got that are just awesome. We never did it, and his dad passed away, and you know me, I'm ashamed to say this. When I was growing up, my father played the fiddle, and now I don't have any video of my dad playing the fiddle, and I just scratch my head. It's like, Chris, what is wrong with you? You know, you had a camera with you all the time. It's so easy. People don't think about it. But then once people are gone, you know, you can consider it to be priceless. Because I did a documentary on the history of the Lakewood Yacht Club and during that documentary, we interviewed five people in their nineties. After we did the interviews and before we got the video produced, one of the people we interviewed in their nineties passed away. So I took that entire, uncut, raw interview that we did with this gentleman and send it to his family, and to them, that was priceless. They have him on camera telling his stories about his boat that he loved so much, and how much you loved going out on his boat, and you know that kind of thing you just don't think about it sometimes until it's too late. Right now, it's not too late. And yes, you know, some people want to do it as a gift to their children and their grandchildren. Sometimes the children say, hey, I want my dad's stories to be documented, and they'll call us and say, hey, you know, let's do a video on my dad or my mom or both of them. The last one we just completed, we did the husband and the wife, and you know, they we interviewed one of them separate, and then we interviewed together, and then the ladies separate. And when they were together, it was magical. The way that they talked about their honeymoon and how they met. It was just it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Without a doubt. I think the word that really struck me is priceless. It is priceless. The fact is, you know, I continue to say, you know, a few years ago I lost my grandmother lived to one hundred and five years old, so I got to spend a lot of time with her. Over and over the years. I did document things with a lot of photos, in a lot of video. Because I dabble in that too, and point is I probably should have done more. I want to share that with you know my grant, my grandkids are around what their grandmother was like. But the fact is you put it together in a very very professional manner. Last question for I get you out of here, Chris, what's the Process's people are interested, how do they get in touch with you? What do they need to do? Background the whole thing?
Speaker 5: Basically, all they needed to go to my Legacy video dot com and then there's a form on there that can fill out that can read about it. If they can watch a sample of one of the videos that we did and they kind of get an idea of their mind, then what we will do is we'll contact them. We'll find out exactly what their specific need is. Everything is customized to the specific need. We have one that we're about to do where we're going to travel to another sea interview the son of the lady that we're doing the documentary on. But basically, just go to the website, send us a message, We'll contact you and we'll find out what your needs are and we'll go from there. We'll set up a time to do the interview and we'll make it happen.
Speaker 3: Is the name of the website. It is my Legacy video dot Com. His name is Chris Swanson. You continue continue to do very smart and great work, and I love the concept of what you're doing, so I appreciate their time and best of luck, my man.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much for your time. Michael. I love working with you. You're an amazing professional. We've done some great things together. Your radio show is awesome and amazing, and thank you for taking the time to visit with me about my project.
Speaker 3: Oh you mean I actually have a legacy myself. I may have to utilize your services.
Speaker 5: Let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: I like it all right. That is my legacy video dot com. I feel free to check them out, really really moving pieces without a doubt. Michael is the name Michael Garfield. Whether I have a legacy or not, We're going to continue to be here on this radio program. We're gonna take a break right now. Open phone line seven one three two one two five ninety five. It's called the high Tech Tax and shift. Do not go anywhere.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 3: Coming to the end final seven or eight minutes of this week's edition of the High Tech Texan Show. As if you've listened to the whole thing. Do you see what I mean? Like, this is not a fully technical, tech centric thing. It's it's Michael's Holden court Man. We're talking super Bowl commercials, marketing, bourbon travel. I'm consumer lifestyle. The problem is that I've the brand of the high tech text in which I have trademarked by the way twenty plus years ago. It's it's it's tough to switch it with a literation like the con sumer lifestyle tech Texan. It's don't everybody, it's just me. It's garf baby. You know how to do it. I'm going to give out the phone number one more time, even though we're almost at the end of the show. But here's why. As promised if you listened a few segments ago, Marty gra Galveston coming to Galveston, and as promised from a very nice Rochelle who is the marketing person there, she has graciously donated a four pack of tickets to go that the second Friday, which is Friday February twenty eighth. If you want to go to Galveston, Marty Grau, which really is fun, caller number ten right now, three four six, twenty nine, Texan. You don't even have to be in the Houston Galveston area. If you're listening up in Dallas or San Antonio, maybe worth coming down for the weekend. And if you don't win, suck it up, go buy tickets. But we got four pack for you right now. And actually I'm gonna talk a few more seconds and I'll say stop calling, because this is the phones are coming in real quickly. Three four, six, two nine T E X A N color number ten. You're gonna get that, and you can check out Marty Grag Galveston. I've never been to the to the do I call it the real Marty Gras, which is in New Orleans. I have been, and I'm not gonna call the one in Galveston fake because it is fun. It's over two weekends and there's a lot of stuff going on, and when the weather's great, it's I've been on the parade, the floats, the balconies. It's pretty cool. I've taken my kids there. It's kid friendly until it ki's kind of dark, until you know, maybe it's not so friendly. That's friendly. Color number two. Oh, we got it. Callum all right, stop calling? See how fast these things go. It's what radio is all about. Man, if you give stuff away, it's uh win and winno Marty grag Galveston Dinner. All right, so away, congratulations if you won the four backup tickets to Marty Grau Galveston. One more story I want to hit. I kind of teased it a little earlier. A lot of AI stuff going on out there. You saw Super Bowl commercials from open ai chat, cheep to Google, some promotions when the potential I don't know if you did with actually when there was another one that kind of launched not long ago. It's called deep Seek Deep Seek and it was about two weeks ago. These things come and go real quickly. They get a lot of headlines. And this was the company, it's out of China that launched it with a fraction of the dollars. The research and development that OpenAI Chat GBT did and that's what made headlines. Well here I am and we are based in Texas, and I don't know how this news escaped me. This was two weeks ago. January thirty first, Governor Abbott issued a ban prohibiting the use of AI and social media apps affiliated with and I'm quoting here the People's Republic of China and the Chinese Communist Party on government issued devices. On government issued devices. So, if you work for the State of Texas and they have given you a phone or a laptop, sorry, you cannot download or use social media apps apparently like TikTok, nor red Note nor deep seek on your government issued device. All right, for all you people who are just regular citizens and you get your own device that you pay for, apparently your coolio, I'm gonna give you a quote from the governor. Quote, Texas will not allow the Chinese Communist Party to infiltrate our state's critical infrastructure through data harvesting AI and social media apps. Unquote. Whoo, big daddy, gov. Ain't he ain't jacking around? Is he? Callen? Can we get the governor? Okay? I know we only got a few minutes. Maybe next week he wants to call in. I met him a few times, do you think so? I just listen. How come I'm not the technology czar of Texas? Maybe because well, I don't know what would I issue a ban on government issued Maybe maybe on government issue devices. Potentially it's a cautionary thing. I understand it. But is this that slippery slope as well. If it starts on government issued devices, is it going to be a ban on other things like deep seek or Lemon eight or MUMO or red Note or deep Seek. Remember Texas put a ban on going to websites like like the pornography type of websites. And I do not know this because I go there are people seriously, I just read that. If you know me, you know me. It's I read things like this. There are ways to get up around that, as I told you, through downloading VPNs, but there are ways that states can actually govern or tell you where to go and what not to go, and this is one of them. So I thought that was interesting. And by the way, I know, we got about maybe two minutes real quickly. This was something I seek. I saw this on it was online. I think it was on c net. Be careful with the data that you give deep Seat and pretty much every other AI and in this article went on. It was written by a brief oller Deep seeks China connection is worry sump, she writes, And you really need to watch what you can get. But the problem is, what do you know what information you're already giving? What do you China, every company, every country has so much information on it. Deep Seek, Yes, it has ties to China, just like you can compare it to TikTok, and security experts say that while deep Seek's data security threats are real, they are different from those of social media platforms. People are worried about it because they've got ties to China, just like they potentially are worried about it for TikTok, which is owned by byte Dance, which is in China too. You got lawmakers on both sides of the aisle worried that US user data could be used by the Chinese Communist Party for intelligence purposes. I don't know how to do it. Eight eight second TikTok, Dance and some of these things. Getting a handle on deep Seat or actually any other AI it's not that simple. It's not as simple as banning an app. The average consumer probably won't even know what AI model they're working with. When you're using an AI model. Would the Chinese Commuist Party use deep Seat data for intelligence purposes? It's above my pay grade. Probably could. I don't know how to stay safe be smart with AI, just like everything else. Best practices use unique passwords, change them regularly enable to factor authentication, which means not only inner a password, make sure this company texts you a six digit pass code or something like that that for you intern two different times. All right, keep your personal information personal, right, No social security number, don't put your banking information out there any of that stuff. Be skeptical. I mean, keep your head on a swivel. People, just because something is new, don't rush to be an early adopter. Don't just because an AI or now app is trending, doesn't mean you have to right away. I know, I was watching some Super Bowl commercials and I downloaded these apps. But they've been around for a while. Some of them weren't absolutely new. If you can read the terms of condition, good luck, because I don't have the patience from the stuff. And you really, you really should be aware of America's adversaries. Any app that's based in China, right, it probably should be treated with suspicion. You know, potentially Russia. I ran North Korea too. Privacy rights do we have here in the US or the ear opinnion If you don't apply to a lot of these apps, just freaking and be careful no matter where you are, what you're driving.
Speaker 4: What are you download?
Speaker 3: Because that's what I do, because I cover all. Hey, listen, I want to thank you so much too. Chris Swanson my legacy video. Great concept. Also, Rochelle Marty Gron Galveston. Good luck with that coming in the next few weeks. Next week we're gonna have two more hours of fun fun fund. If you want to get into me time, fine, fine website high tech textan dot com. It is Michael Garfield and he will talk to you then because right now my show you Gotta People, It is over the tex Text