Speaker 1: Yea ripped.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 3: You need ad by so you don't have.
Speaker 4: Come run.
Speaker 3: It's just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming man. This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Now Tom Martino, I mean hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three all three seven one three talk seven on three A two five five.
Speaker 3: This are brought to you by waterpros dot net.
Speaker 5: Get the best drinking water ever for just fourteen hundred bucks fully installed, fourteen hundred dollars. That's waterpros dot Net. Three oh three eight six two five five five four. Now Today's Car Day or Esleye. People have dubbed it car Friday, so I'm not gonna fight it. If you're on welcome to Car Day. But you don't have to call with just a car problem. But if you have car problems, this is a great day to call with sales service discussions. And I have a discussion and I'll go to the phones with Thaine, who has an issue with a vehicle.
Speaker 3: And he sent some documents.
Speaker 5: Uh, Kachina, did you forward those documents to me from Thane?
Speaker 3: He said, he sent some documents.
Speaker 4: He mailed them here.
Speaker 3: I'll find out.
Speaker 5: I'll call him and see if if where they are he literally dropped Okay, good, he actually mailed them. I never even know she actually dropped them off.
Speaker 3: Oh, he dropped them off. It must be important to him.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be talking about something we often don't talk about, and that is a new vehicle. I think the last new vehicle was Tesla, really, but I'm not sure how new it is. But it was brought up to me because there's a new dealership in Colorado Spring Now. They start from seventy five thousand dollars and they're a really hardy car or suv. They come in a pickup truck and an suv and they look like a cross section between these cars or among these cars, a g Wagon by Mercedes, a land Rover, and.
Speaker 3: The old Toyota for what do they call those?
Speaker 5: The old ones, land Cruisers, the old ones, the jeep looking ones. And I think it's a handsome, kind of weird looking vehicle, So I want.
Speaker 3: You to look. It's called anios. I don't know where they're made.
Speaker 5: In fact, if it is Chinese made, I'll never touch it. I mean, honest to god, I don't care what you say. I have never found anything made in China.
Speaker 3: That's worth it? Damn nothing.
Speaker 5: I mean I had a Chinese tractor one time that literally just worked it self apart. But anyway, where do we find out about the company.
Speaker 6: Maybe, I'm it's a it's a British company.
Speaker 3: Oh god, yeah, that's even.
Speaker 6: Some multi it's a chemical everything else they bring motor vehicle.
Speaker 3: The Brits are good for. Looks that beautiful?
Speaker 5: You know, the roles originally British and Yeahar Jaguar and they.
Speaker 3: But man, do they put together a terrible car?
Speaker 5: I don't know. So are they building in England? Jeez, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Does that is that why it has a crooked girl?
Speaker 5: Haha? Does anyone get that reference? Come on, it's an old joke about crooked tea.
Speaker 3: I never mind, forget it. Fane. What's going on in your life? Thane?
Speaker 1: Oh there?
Speaker 3: Tom? How you doing good? This must be serious. If you dropped off stuff to us, let's talk about it. Tell me.
Speaker 5: I don't have it in front of me, but I'm pretty good. I'm pretty good at picking stuff up. So let's start at the beginning.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Man?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah, I gave a packet to.
Speaker 5: Charge and I'm going to look at it for sure. What's going on though? Way are you complaining about the v or the sale?
Speaker 1: Uh? Complaining about the sale the processmation not given to me, and then the vehicle not being able to pass.
Speaker 3: So it's most it's both.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is it a newer used car?
Speaker 1: It is a beautiful nineteen eighty one Ford one ten four wheel drive van that's been customized.
Speaker 5: You bought a Ford a Ford Van a nineteen did you didn't say eighty one?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 1: I said eighty one? Absolutely, it's gorgeous.
Speaker 5: Eighty one an eighty one Ford Van? Yep, eighty one ninety one. To come on, bro, why would you buy an eighty one van? I'm just curious. I'm not I'm not going to linger on this, but why.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'm seventy five and I kind of grew up with vehicles of that era.
Speaker 5: Okay, got Itto said, okay, so you bought an eighty one Ford van and obviously you bought it as used I mean as excuse me as is correct. So what's the problem with it. Let's take the vehicle first.
Speaker 1: Typically, when you sell a vehicle in Colorado, you're supposed to be given a new certificate of emissions passage?
Speaker 3: Was this? Was this a licensed dealer or an individual?
Speaker 1: This is possibly definitely an individual, possibly a dealership. I'm not sure yet.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know what that means, because if they sell a certain number of cars a year, they have to register as a dealer.
Speaker 3: I think it's four or more. But did you where'd you see the ad SID on?
Speaker 1: I think it was Classic Vans?
Speaker 3: And did you buy it from an individual?
Speaker 1: I bought it from an individual? Correct?
Speaker 5: Okay, laws are a little different with an individual and emissions. Technically, if you're selling a car, a used car into an emission's area, yeah, you have to let them know if it passes or not. You don't You're not required to have an emission sticker. You can say it's a toe away or you can tow it away to your district. If you're selling it into an emissions it's up to you to.
Speaker 3: See that as active.
Speaker 5: I do not believe an individual now a licensed dealer is different, totally different. An individual is not bound by the same restrictions. So what But but here's the deal is an eighty one Kevin? What about emissions? I mean, God, these laws change all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's the early part of the emissions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they had to. So what happens if it doesn't pass? And Rodney's with us too? Rodney Greer, J F R Cars and Kevin Caulkins shared an Auto.
Speaker 6: Tech same thing. It doesn't matter the year. You still have to do the repairs or spend up to whatever.
Speaker 3: The thing.
Speaker 5: When you spend up to a certain amount, then you have to apply for an exemple for waiver him So, why is it not passing emissions.
Speaker 1: Due to burnt valves in the engine. It would not pass the CEO levels required.
Speaker 6: CEO has nothing to do with burnt valves. Yeah, so CEO's carburetion typically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I talked it. I took it to uh.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess what we're saying.
Speaker 5: Thing is, you bought a used car as is and you're going to have to do the repairs.
Speaker 1: But in the state of Colorado. I just talked to a lady about two months ago and she said it is a required uh test by the seller to the buyer. I have to have a certificate of passage of emissions.
Speaker 3: Well I did. I did.
Speaker 5: That does ring true to me what you're saying, But I'm not sure. What I'm saying is, so, do you want to undo the deal and just get your money back?
Speaker 1: I would like to keep the van, Yeah, but you.
Speaker 3: Can't make them do the repairs thing. See you're thinking, you're thinking that because you bought it and it doesn't pass, the seller has to repair it at all costs.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, in all the ten pages of what he had done to the van, he told me that he went through the van bumper to bumper basically, and it would run from coast to coast with no profiting thing.
Speaker 3: Do you have a guarantee in writing for the vehicle?
Speaker 1: I have a bill of sale.
Speaker 3: Yes, they do a guarantee.
Speaker 1: I have no guarantee.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's what I'm saying. Okay, I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm trying to give you accurate information. You bought a car as is now the emissions. I got to research that because I did hear something about even a private sale, they don't have to make it pass. They don't, but they do have to. I think rescind the deal. I think we're going to look it up.
Speaker 3: But the bottom line is this that you can't make them repair it. That's the point of trying to make If you think, aha, I got the guy I bought.
Speaker 5: It, it didn't pass. He's got to make it pass. No, he doesn't. The most you're going to get the most, if you're correct, is a recension of the deal. Okay, okay, okay, good Now we got to look it up to see if in fact you can rescind the deal based on that emissions with a dealer, they can lose their license with an individual. It's always been a very sticky situation. But I'm not going to sit here and tell you they don't have to do it. I know that they don't have to do it under certain circumstances, so I need I really this comes up all the time and I end up not knowing. So Kelly, I don't know if we have someone at the air program that can come on, but it would be worse talking to someone.
Speaker 3: Wait, didn't we have someone that you use? Someone Tom I'll get has an.
Speaker 5: Angel actually that worked with the air program. So we're gonna do that. So hang on, Thane, We'll try to get you some accurate information here and then we have U Okay, so hold on, okay, three oh three, seven to one to three, talk is our number. The lines are filling out, but we're going to get through these quickly and we'll find out what happens in Colorado When you're buying a car. Do they have to know it's going into an emissions area or not? Can they sell it as a toeway? Yes they can, but if they don't do they have to make sure it passes? And how all of this we're going to find out. I'm Tom Martinez three oh three seven one three eight two five five geniverregen dot com. Get out of pain with regenerative therapy, also hair replenishment through stem cell therapy, and of course the weight loss drug at pennies on the dollar compared to all the rest Denverregen dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Wow, this gets a little messy, but we looked up the emission stuff here in detail. Fin is correct, by the way, that when a seller sells a vehicle and it must pass an emissions test if you're in an emissions area. If he was not in an emissions area, you're out of luck, even if you're taking it into an emissions area. But if he was in an emissions area, was he in an emissions area?
Speaker 3: Vain?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Was the seller in the emissions area?
Speaker 1: I honestly don't know that.
Speaker 3: But where's the seller located? Where was the car registered in Oklahoma? Oh?
Speaker 5: This is out of state, bro. They don't have to do anything for you. This is totally different, totally it's only Colorado sellers that it covers.
Speaker 3: It can't tell out of state sellers what to do.
Speaker 1: Not according to well say you're wrong.
Speaker 3: Okay, so sorry, we disagree.
Speaker 5: According to the law, the seller has to be in an emissions area and Colorado. So how are you going to make the argument that that seller needs to provide you a passing test in Colorado? Come on, man, sofy buy that car in Florida. They have to provide me a passing emissions test because I'm in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, he does live in Blackhawks, Colorado.
Speaker 3: Okay, but where is the car registered?
Speaker 1: It is in the state of Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: Okay. You're saying because he had the car here and he was living here, that he should follow the state laws here when he sold it.
Speaker 1: Is that right, that's what Natalie says the state of Colorado.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, then why don't you ask Natalie you get your money back? Because then even if here's the problem, even if it doesn't pass. First of all, I think you're one hundred percent wrong that he needed to provide you an emissions But if he did, let's say he does and he did not do it, and you bought the car, your recourse is not automatic.
Speaker 3: According to the state website.
Speaker 5: You have to take legal action, but you most likely will win for a recession of the deal or for a recession of the deal if he did not provide an emissions test.
Speaker 3: But he's going to make the argument it wasn't a Colorado car. I mean, we're going to get somebody. Okay, by the way, who is Adrian is Adrian.
Speaker 5: Your person or somebody identifies themselves as a as an emissions expert or specialist. Hold on, let's find out, Faye Fane, There's nothing would make me happier than to find a hook to help you. So let's talk to Adrian. I am I have to profess my ignorance here. I don't know crap about emissions and the technicalities selling cars. Now, Adrian, I want to what did you want to say?
Speaker 3: Are you there? Adrians?
Speaker 7: Bet you it touches.
Speaker 8: I bet you it touches your memory a little bit. Let me help you real quick by saying that I.
Speaker 3: Want to be your common man.
Speaker 8: Good, I'm an emission specialist. Good, I've been a licensed to missions.
Speaker 3: Great person.
Speaker 5: You want to be a deputy for emissions. Let's do that, pardon, you'll be our deputy for emissions.
Speaker 3: You've called me before, good, Good, Adrian, and.
Speaker 8: I've participated and helped you out as much as I could.
Speaker 5: Let me let me ask you straight, straight up question and let's just take normal stuff. So in Colorado, if I buy a car from someone in Denver, they have to assure me it passes.
Speaker 3: They have to show me a passed emissions test.
Speaker 8: Right, or they have to state on the bill of sale that it will not pass emissions.
Speaker 3: Okay, either one know the law. Either one got it. I know the law.
Speaker 8: If they say on the bill of say it does not pass emissions, you will they resolved themselves of any responsibility.
Speaker 5: Okay, right, But if if they don't, if they don't say that, they have to provide I was told a fresh emissions test that has not been used to register the car.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, No, that's not right either.
Speaker 3: Okay, what is right?
Speaker 8: It has to be it has to pas emissions test, but the seller does not have to provide it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, Adrian, I'm taking that word. Like I said, I don't know it. I don't know anything, so it has to pass.
Speaker 8: Now take this to the bank, Tom, No.
Speaker 3: Adrian, I don't want to waste time arguing with you.
Speaker 5: You're the expert. So so now here's the deal. So fain, Let's say Thine bought the car. I don't want to get into the registration of that car right now. But if Thine bought the car from a normal seller in Colorado, and that seller said that seller did not disclaim emissions, and he bought it with a normal bill of sale and he goes and it doesn't pass emissions, then what does he do?
Speaker 8: Was that in an Oklahoma the registered vehica?
Speaker 5: No, I'm not talking about that right now. I have hundreds and hundreds of listeners that do not have cars registered in Oklahoma. I want to know when someone sells a used car in Colorado and it doesn't pass emissions, what is the recourse?
Speaker 8: There is none unless the seller's compassionate and gives him his money back, or unless you go to court.
Speaker 3: Well, then what the hell's good as the law? Adrian, you're telling me that the law says you have to do. It has to pass emissions. But if it doesn't pass emissions, I have to take the seller to court.
Speaker 8: That's exactly right, unless he's a nice guy and just gives your right.
Speaker 5: And you know what, I read the same thing and I couldn't believe it. On here it said that you have to consult with legal counsel and possibly take legal action.
Speaker 7: Exactly right, that's exactly right.
Speaker 5: But it does say it does say that you would have an affirmative act. They don't say affirmative act, affirmative defense. In other words, you would have the law on your side.
Speaker 8: Well, basically, but do you you might not have the judge on your side.
Speaker 5: Well, you would have to make the argument that this guy did not comply to Colorado emissions law and therefore you want to rescind the deal.
Speaker 3: Don't you think a judge would understand that.
Speaker 8: He might understand it a different way, Tom. Believe me, he might consider the fact that you could have had the car checked and you could have requested a missions test before the purchase.
Speaker 5: Okay, Adrian, I'm listening to you, bro. Have you heard of things like this happening?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I've been involved.
Speaker 3: With it a couple of times.
Speaker 5: Now have you ever been involved where someone bought a car that did not pass emissions and they could not get their money back?
Speaker 8: Absolutely?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Okay, next question up myself. Next question?
Speaker 5: Does that only aner upon people who own a car registered in Colorado? Or can I take this Oklahoma registered car and sell it?
Speaker 3: Am I still required to make sure it passes?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Not with the Oklahoma title?
Speaker 7: Nop.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: I think as as he's selling now, it's dictated by the emissions area. I don't think it's dictated by I think.
Speaker 5: It's dictated by where that car is registered, and I'll tell you why, how could you possibly make a law that would that would cover cars in all forty nine states?
Speaker 6: I agree with that, But if he comes here to sell the car.
Speaker 3: That doesn't matter. It's it's an Oklahoma car.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean, I know what you're saying, Kevin, but but I mean it's just.
Speaker 6: Like, because there's so much like California laws. In California, you can't you can't sell a car that doesn't qualify in the emissions no matter where.
Speaker 2: It comes to get to that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's where Colorado is heading.
Speaker 3: I'll bet you you're selling me.
Speaker 5: I can't sell a car from Colorado to a guy in California.
Speaker 6: As long as it passes emissions. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, otherwise, what California is going to come to my state and sume me or what are they gonna do saying it's I've never heard of state laws overreaching their own boundaries.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: So if I don't live in California, and I live in a state, and I have a car, and I go to cars dot Com and sell it, and this guy goes to California, he buys it, he takes delivery, and he can't get emissions. You're telling me somehow Colorado California state law is gonna make me do something.
Speaker 6: No, I'm saying that if the guy brings the car to Colorado list it for sale in Colorado, he's required to take care of the emissions in Colorado. If you go to Oklahoma and buy the car and bring it here.
Speaker 5: No, Adrian, Okay, Okay, what if I ship it to him there?
Speaker 6: If the transaction takes place, where does Colorado? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean where does it?
Speaker 6: I don't know when I ship it.
Speaker 5: So, Adrian, you're saying, even though the guy and and Fane when you said the guy lives here, does he vacation here or is he a Colorado resident?
Speaker 1: Lives here half the time in Oklahoma and here he built the car in Golden for two years and then he wanted to sell it.
Speaker 3: Why is it registered? Why is it registered in Oklahoma? Adrian? I mean, not a Fane.
Speaker 1: I'm just finding this out now that it was in Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: That's all Now.
Speaker 5: Adrian said he's been working in this business for dozens of years and knows the law.
Speaker 3: And he says, even if even if.
Speaker 5: He had to guarantee it passes, that guarantee has no teeth whatsoever.
Speaker 3: You still have to assue him.
Speaker 1: Okay, what if I was to tell you that it was stripped of the emissions, that I didn't realize he had done that too, And there's no way to get at the Adrian.
Speaker 5: He's saying that visually it was stripped and he didn't tell Fane Fane, Why didn't you get this checked out by a shop.
Speaker 1: Because of the ten page document?
Speaker 10: Wait?
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, saying you didn't think you have a responsibility at all to check out a nineteen eighty one used van that you're buying from someone from out of state.
Speaker 1: Well, what I'm saying to you is when I looked at the vehicle, it's the video of outside saying.
Speaker 3: I get what you're saying. The guy put on a good dog and pony. Show.
Speaker 5: My question to you, why did you not get it checked out? The answer is you trusted that he did it the right way?
Speaker 3: Is that the answer correct? Okay, So Adrian, what do you think? Hold on, I got to take a break. I want to know Adrian what you think. His His recourse is.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot Com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven to one three talk. Eric's got a comment on emissions. I'll take his comment and then I'll go back to our expert. Go ahead, Eric, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Hey? Tom?
Speaker 7: You know the e's been going after a lot of these Diesel tuners for removing the DEEF and the DPF system.
Speaker 3: How they've been going after him? How have they been doing it?
Speaker 7: They have shut So there was the one company and you saw that was fined several million dollars and basically put out of business for it.
Speaker 3: But what is that going to do to help this guy?
Speaker 7: But this is what needs to happen, is the EPA should be going after these people who are selling vehicles that don't pass emissions. I mean, you know, look, I agree that the emission stuff you know, causes problems with some of these vehicles, but it's there for a purpose.
Speaker 3: Well, here's what I think, you're here's what I think.
Speaker 5: Actually, I think right now, because of the cleanliness of new vehicles and the attrition of older ones, I think you take emissions on new vehicles every maybe five years, which it is now and always every five years, and then you just do away with all of the just just grandfather in all of the old pieces of crap. There aren't enough old pieces of crap to make a difference in our air.
Speaker 7: I think that depends because the new it's on new vehicles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it depends on the numbers. It depends on the numbers.
Speaker 3: Every year the numbers of those cars go down. I mean, well, they're not making new ones, eric, every single year, more of those cars are being retired.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily.
Speaker 7: I mean, I know a lot of people driving ten to fifteen year old cars.
Speaker 5: Okay, So therefore the entire premise of older cars through attrition being retired is bunked. Because he knows plenty of people who drive old cars.
Speaker 3: Don't you understand.
Speaker 5: The entire concept is Eventually, cars are retired no matter what they are.
Speaker 3: Okay, sure you're gonna find someone driving in nineteen twenty, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: In general, older cars get retired. What I am saying is the number.
Speaker 3: Of older cars on the road today are less than the is less than the number of cars ten years ago, and ten years from now, the number of old cars will be less and it will continue to be that way. And when I say old cars, I'm not talking about new cars becoming old. I'm talking about old technology. Let's say cars eighty five and older. Every single year they get reduced every single year. That is no argument. Every single year they get reduced.
Speaker 5: I don't think there are enough of those cars now to make a difference, because they have cleaned up emissions so much. So what you do is you have a wider spread or a wider length of time between emissions tests, and you slap it on cars from a certain year forward, and that's it. We don't need to make life miserable for the very few people who have pieces of junk.
Speaker 3: I'm serious.
Speaker 5: It's just ridiculous, Adrian, I want to ask you something.
Speaker 3: This guy Thane. I looked at his bill of sale.
Speaker 5: It doesn't disclaim emissions, but man, it says basically, I'm giving you no guarantees.
Speaker 3: Nothing is.
Speaker 5: It's totally as is. You know, you better check out the manual. You better make sure you like the way it is. I mean, this bill of sale. I don't think he's he can make an argument that the guy removed the mission stuff and he didn't know it because this guy said it's it's the way it's sitting here, that you buy it and there's not one promise made. But do you think he has a strong case for the emission's part, the fact that this car And is it possible the car wasn't registered anywhere because if he worked on it for two years, was there an active registration Thane in let me ask you that was there an active registration in Oklahoma at the time?
Speaker 1: Do you know, honestly, you do not know that?
Speaker 5: Okay, it could be that was it was expired? Adrian, what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 8: Well, gosh, it does it doesn't matter. First of all, the answer your question is no.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 8: What I answer to your last question is no.
Speaker 3: What was that question? I'm sorry, beasy Okay, okay.
Speaker 8: Remember yeah, Okay, it's not going to be easier. I can just tell you about the emissions part of it that I'm absolutely sure of, and real quick, I'd like to say, it doesn't matter with the Oklahoma title, whether it's got visual removement of components or whether it's a tailpipe emissions. By golly, let me tell you something. It doesn't matter. It's an Oklahoma vehicle.
Speaker 5: S O l Okay, Adrian, I'm going to take you at your knowledge.
Speaker 3: And and Thane, I don't think you have a prayer in my omissions. Angel has been listening just on available now.
Speaker 5: We have a guy that works at the air program with the state, Thane, and he said, you're sol.
Speaker 8: And I worked at the state with the air program and I was an instructor.
Speaker 5: And I'm saying, I know, Adrian, we believe you, but I'm saying we have confirmation of that.
Speaker 1: I don't doubt that. Tom.
Speaker 3: When I take what I have, Thane.
Speaker 10: It's Tom.
Speaker 1: What I can tell you is I've been talking to Natalie.
Speaker 5: Well, Natalie doesn't know more than these combined people.
Speaker 3: Come on. I mean, fine, so you found Okay, you found one person at the air program, get her to go to court with you and sue the guy, What can I do for you?
Speaker 11: Bro?
Speaker 3: You're wrong, You're absolutely wrong.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to agree with you because you talk to someone named Natalie.
Speaker 3: Okay. I'm not going to agree with the state of Why don't you why don't you get Natalie's last name? Okay?
Speaker 5: And then you're gonna make her enforce a law that doesn't exist. We have a guy that works there right now in a high up position, and we have Adrian who taught for the program. You think both of those are wrong, But a woman named Natalie that you got on the phone is the one that's right? Is that your position? Tell that to the judge. I'd like to help you, Thane. But but listen, I listen. I have talked to so many people like you. Go ahead, thing. And by the way, Fane is going to right to me later or call saying I disrespected him and I did not give.
Speaker 3: Him a chance. And here's the point.
Speaker 5: You're wrong, Thane, And sometimes old farts have to know they're wrong and walk away.
Speaker 1: Okay. I had a lawyer friend of mine take a look at the ad that went with the van itself as far as the whole makeup of what he did. What he did to say, and so the lawyer basically said, this is absolutely fraudulent.
Speaker 5: Okay, that lawyer is an a hole. Okay, Fane, that lawyer knows nothing. You have him call me. He's totally wrong. Okay, that is not fraudulent, and you're not going to get your money back. So why don't you have this lawyer put his big mouth where his ass is.
Speaker 3: Why don't you have him do that?
Speaker 5: And why don't you have him sue the guy if he thinks it's fraudulent.
Speaker 3: Have him take it on contingency.
Speaker 5: I am so sick and tired of people giving opinions out their buttholes when they don't know anything. Okay, Fane, you're barking up the wrong tree. But you're gonna be like a lot of these old guys that call the show. They hate me. They're pissed off at me because I tell them the truth, and they're stubborn old goats.
Speaker 3: More coming up, Go with a.
Speaker 5: Sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Linda has an issue with the two thousand and eight miles to c X seven and it is a service issue.
Speaker 3: Linda, what's happening.
Speaker 4: To?
Speaker 3: Hey, it's talking to what's going on?
Speaker 9: I purchased this car on March fourth, Oh, so it's recent from Springs Automotive. I had it for I drove it up to Idaho Springs where I live, and was going back to Denver three days later.
Speaker 5: Now, was it called Springs Automotive because it's in Idaho Springs or Colorado Springs?
Speaker 9: No, there's there's it's it's based in Colorado Springs.
Speaker 3: Okay, God, they have, but they have.
Speaker 9: I bought it from the venue in on South Santa Fe.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you bought a used Okay, got it? So what's going on?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 9: After I just drove it home, drove it into town twice, which is a mile and then I was going back to Denver on I seventy and suddenly black and gracemooks starts fell over.
Speaker 3: How many miles on this, Linda?
Speaker 9: Oh gosh, see.
Speaker 3: You must know if you bought it? Right?
Speaker 9: Well, I only had it for three days, so what.
Speaker 3: Matter if you had it for three minutes? I mean how many miles?
Speaker 1: Wrong?
Speaker 9: I think it was one hundred and thirty five?
Speaker 3: Uh huh? May I ask something again?
Speaker 5: People feel convicted when I ask questions, and I don't mean to.
Speaker 3: But did you have it checked out before you bought it? No? Okay, but you bought it as is I'm assuming yes, Okay, So when it blew up.
Speaker 9: The engine blew up after three days, so I had to pull over and have it towed to the mechanic on the Spring's automotive. They have a mechanic atternity.
Speaker 5: Can you I want to continue this now, Listen. There's a possibility if it blew up in three days, there was something wrong with it that they hid from you or lied about.
Speaker 3: But if they did not, if they did not hide it, if they did not lie, there's nothing you can do about it. So we'll examine that coming up.
Speaker 5: Okay, everyone, says they lied or hit it, but we'll see hold on go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Ripped up News need advice? Who you don't have? Come? Runs just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming man. This is the Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino. Here, This hour brought to you by eight eight eight.
Speaker 5: Heating dot Com for an honest assessment of your air conditioning system. They do HVAC, plumbing, and electrical. You can trust these guys. If you're having issues to call them, and I'm saying you'll like.
Speaker 3: The way they do business.
Speaker 5: Eight eight eight Heating dot Com three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six. Now, before I go back to Linda on a used car, Jerry has a comment on emissions, and then Mike's got a comment to.
Speaker 3: Jerry, what is your comment.
Speaker 5: We we we had quite a discussion on emissions, and I profess my ignorance and I went by these experts we have on what sellers need to provide at the time of sale and what a buyer's recourse is if it doesn't pass. They have way more recourse of course with licensed dealers, because licensed dealers, if they don't do the right thing, lose their license, whereas an individual they don't have anything to lose. You just have to take them the court. What is your comment, Jerry.
Speaker 11: Tom, I appreciate your comments, and you are right ninety nine percent of the time on this issue about the vehicle emission is one the emissions area is based on the model years that air prollution is and you're right, as cars deteriorate year by by year by year, that information is placed into the air quality model and that's predicted over the years, So you're absolutely right. It can get five to seven years on new cars not a problem. And you also your people and the officer with you are right. If you've got to develop that's a carbon dioxide problem. Carbon oxide problem is an air fuel racial issue with carburation. I know, guys take air pumps off if they put carburetors on, you get the cars tess and put other cars back on. Airpump's been taken off. To her has been taken off. You're absolutely right on this issue. And if they're out of state and bringing the vehicle in here, is there responsibility not the person that has sold that car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't.
Speaker 5: I think the poor guy just won't listen because everyone's telling him, yeah, go after him. You know, like who this person is at the air program? He said, oh yeah, they have to provide you with this. So then you should have asked, well, what if he doesn't you know, then what does she say? Right, this woman he talked to that knows everything. He doesn't have to give your money back, he doesn't have to do anything. He'll say, hey, tough, and then you have to assume him. But then you're going to lose because it wasn't even registered in Colorado. And again, the state of Colorado can't take the arm, the long arm of the law and make it and impose it on all cars around the country.
Speaker 3: Mike, what is your comment? Go ahead, Mike, Yeah, I.
Speaker 12: As kind of a sideline. I mean, you'll see cars out of your Belgian Luke, Gray Smoke or Diesels Black Culture, Black Smoke and Gora Air program has a phone number three zero three six nine two thirty two eleven where you can report vehicles. All you have to do is write down their license plate number and hopefully, I don't know, maybe when it comes time to renewing their emissions program, they'll be sided.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know there was a number you could report people.
Speaker 10: Yeah, three zero three six ninety two thirty two eleven.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they do anything about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 12: That's the question.
Speaker 1: That's the big question.
Speaker 10: Okay, I do it all the time.
Speaker 3: Thank you. What do you think happens? Kevin?
Speaker 6: I think and make it follow up, you know with it. I don't know exactly how, but you know they have technology they can test every car driving by on every street if they wanted to and have the drive by. Yeah, they could just pick off the ones that are the offenders.
Speaker 3: Again, there aren't enough offenders.
Speaker 5: Right now, I agree, but they aren't There aren't enough offenders. The reason the air is getting better is because of newer cars, not because of the air program. The air program does very little. Right now, Linda, back to you on this two thousand and eight Mazda c X seven. You bought the engine blew three days later, and I know three days is a big deal. I'd be pissed off to but I'd be more pissed off at myself for not getting it checked out.
Speaker 3: However, if it's just what's that.
Speaker 9: I should I am?
Speaker 5: And if it was just three days, though, you gotta beg the question if it happened in three days, was there something that they were covering up? Now, while you buy a car as is, a car as is does put the responsibility on you accept And this is really important, except when they lie to you or they cover something up, because that is fraudulent if they out and out lie to you or cover something up.
Speaker 3: So what do you use?
Speaker 11: Make both?
Speaker 9: They did both?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: Now, everybody, but Linda, I'm just saying this as a disclaimer. Everyone says that, but no one can prove it, so I will not no one, but very few can prove it, So I need to know about it.
Speaker 3: So tell me how they lied to you.
Speaker 9: Okay, they sold me the car. Then when I called them and told them that the engine blew up, they took responsibility.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, you said, hold on. The lie has to come before the sale. So did they lie to you to get you to buy it?
Speaker 9: I can't verify that because they I went to the Santa Fe venue and they shipped it. They had somebody drive it up from Well.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just you said they lied to you and they covered something up.
Speaker 9: So they said that this is a great car, this is a great car.
Speaker 5: And did it say that in your contract this is a great car? Or did it say or did it say you're buying it as is? And I'm not trying to trick you, Linda, honest to God, I'm not. But I must ask these questions because I don't want I don't want you thinking oh yeah I got something here and then you don't. So did anything in the written documentation say this is a great car, because anyone can say it and they can give an opinion, and that's not fraudulent. However, if they said this is a great car because the engine was just rebuilt, that's different. Or this is a great car, because we just had it checked out and here are the compression numbers and they really didn't or something like that. So did they did they cover something up?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: What did they cover up? Tom?
Speaker 9: I'm trying to give you the reader's digest version.
Speaker 5: This is no I'm going to let you. I'm going to stop. You don't have to do readers Digest. What did they cover up?
Speaker 3: Tell me the whole story.
Speaker 5: What did they cover up before you bought it that you could not discover because they they covered it up?
Speaker 9: Boy, I would have to do the research on that, Tom. You know, I got this phone call so fast that I was like, I'm trying. I've kept notes on everything.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to be patient. Tell me anything you want, go.
Speaker 9: Ahead, Okay, So they take me. They told me to take it to their mechanic which is two blocks away from the dealership, and that they would replace that engine because it was their fault. Okay, So they ended up. I thought it was going to take like a week, and they told me the same thing, it would take ten days to two weeks. After three weeks, I'm still in Idaho Springs with no wheels. So I called the owner of the dealership, and he actually was kind enough to have a motor car brought up to me to use. They had my car for four months.
Speaker 5: You know what's good, though, Linda, What's really good is that they even took it, because now we have something to fight. I mean really, I mean they could have just said go pound salt. But they took the car even though they had it four months. That's not good. But at least now if we call them, we can say when are you going to have her car done? Not do you tank responsibility? That argument they've already taken away. So now all we have to do is say when is the car going to be done?
Speaker 3: Right? So I.
Speaker 4: Worked for the National Parks.
Speaker 9: I procured a job in North Dakota. I called Guy, the owner. His name is Guy, and I said, I have to have my car by Monday because I'm supposed to be in North Dakota to start work on Tuesday. This result like on Friday. He goes, I'll have it to you, I promise. So I drove the loaner car down there. One of the sales.
Speaker 5: Well you have to tell me is this they did not have it ready. We don't have to go through the process. Did they get it ready for you or not.
Speaker 9: They purchased a junk engine and dropped it in there. And Tom, they did not even bolt engine in.
Speaker 3: They didn't bolt it in.
Speaker 9: It was not even bolted in.
Speaker 3: And how do you know that? By the way, I mean, I'm curious.
Speaker 9: When I drove to North Dakota.
Speaker 5: You drove to North Dakota in the two thousand and eight Mazda with the replacement engine.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay.
Speaker 5: And if it wasn't bolted in, could she have driven to She couldn't have, could she?
Speaker 6: She couldn't have gotten out of the parking lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because if it wasn't bolted in, it wouldn't have torque on the transmission.
Speaker 3: It would have flipped all over the place. See, Linda, what you're saying doesn't make complete sense. When you said it wasn't bolted in.
Speaker 9: I have everything documented. When I got to North Dakota, I was getting like three to.
Speaker 3: Five, Linda, Linda, where's the car right now?
Speaker 9: It's in North Dakota.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: The mechanics shop.
Speaker 3: And what does that mechanic say?
Speaker 9: He put it up on the lift, took pictures. He said that.
Speaker 4: He found the bolts.
Speaker 3: Flida can you give us his number, Yes, I can.
Speaker 5: We want to call them, Linda. I want to ask you another question. Okay, did you pay for this car up front?
Speaker 1: I paid I.
Speaker 9: Wanted to improve my credits, so it was a five dollars car. I financed part of it for six months. So you're going to financed fifteen hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: Is that all you financed?
Speaker 1: Fifteen dollars?
Speaker 3: All right? So listen, have you talked to the dealer since.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, it's been going on for six months.
Speaker 5: I just need to know the latest conversation. Please, really, we need to get to the root of this. What's the latest conversation?
Speaker 9: They keep avoiding the phone calls.
Speaker 5: All right, hold on, we're going to call for you. All right, we need to get what we need.
Speaker 9: I would like for you, Tom, because I am not a mechanic, I would like for you to call the mechanic in North Dakota. He is so appalled. He is ready to go to court with me.
Speaker 3: Go to court.
Speaker 8: Over one, over okay, over one.
Speaker 3: The engine.
Speaker 9: This is a third engine.
Speaker 3: So they replaced this engine three times for you.
Speaker 9: They replaced the engine once. Here I got it somehow to North Dakota. It blew up a mile from where I and did.
Speaker 3: They did the dealer here pay for that second replacement?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 9: They charged me.
Speaker 3: What do you mean they charged you? The dealer here charged you for the engine? Dealer here?
Speaker 5: How did the dealer here replace the engine when you were an hour away from your destination?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 9: No, no, no. The first time they replaced the engine, that told me that they would put they would because of my trouble, so they would put new tires.
Speaker 5: Linda, Linda, I'm not asking about that right now. I please just answer what I'm asking. When they replaced your first engine, did they charge you?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, why did you pay? If they said it was their responsibility?
Speaker 9: They told us we'll replace it, but you know you're gonna have to pay.
Speaker 5: How much did you pay for the engine replacement the first time?
Speaker 9: Forty eight hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: So you bought the car and three days later the engine went out and you paid another forty eight hundred to the same crooked dealer that the engine and you paid them forty eight hundred.
Speaker 3: So you're into this car now for ten grand, right correct?
Speaker 5: And then the second time, then this engine that you paid forty eight hundred for went out in Wisconsin.
Speaker 9: Yes, No, in North Dakota.
Speaker 5: In North Dakota. And then what did you do? You paid for another engine?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 9: I called them and they said that the engine that they put in was under warranty and they would have it.
Speaker 13: Shipped up there.
Speaker 3: Did they have it shipped up there?
Speaker 9: Yes, they said it would take a week.
Speaker 3: I don't care about any of that right now. I just need to know. Was it shipped up there? Yes? Today? Okay? Did that engine work?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: What was wrong with that engine?
Speaker 9: Well, you're I don't know the guy's name, Okay.
Speaker 3: Got it. You don't know. That's fine, but it didn't work. Did they send a third engine?
Speaker 9: That's the third engine?
Speaker 5: Okay, you mean the original engine, the second and the third. I got it now, Linda, listen, this dealer doesn't sound as crazy as a sound. They don't sound like complete ripoffs. If they're sending you a replacement engine, no, I get you. It may not be a good engine. We got to get to the bottom of this, Kachina.
Speaker 3: Let's get this mechanic on the show.
Speaker 5: Okay, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. We are going to talk to uh this mechanic.
Speaker 3: Do we have the mechanic in.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Uh, Linda, We're going to try to get your mechanic on to talk about this, but right now.
Speaker 3: We don't have them, and we can.
Speaker 6: The dealership give her a warranty since she paid the engine.
Speaker 5: Linda, you do understand what I'm saying about and you have a warn chee. Yeah, you know on the surface here the fact see when you there are several things wrong with the story and it doesn't matter, but I want to set things straight here. So they did not take responsibility three days after you said they took responsibility and said it was their fault. Well, of course they didn't. They charged you for the engine. Yeah, well, Linda, what did you.
Speaker 3: Mean they took responsibility? What does that mean? It told me.
Speaker 9: They told me, you know, bring it in, we'll put it in a new engine.
Speaker 5: Well, anybody will say that if you pay us forty eight hundred dollars, that's not a gesture of goodwill.
Speaker 3: Any You could have had that done anywhere.
Speaker 14: Right, Okay, So I do have an update on mechanic, you do, Okay, what about it? Okay? So I did call. I love to message. Yeah, and that's it.
Speaker 3: So he was straight to voicemail.
Speaker 9: Okay, they called me. Let me see, I can give you this.
Speaker 5: I want to call the dealer. I want to call the dealer. You're speaking.
Speaker 3: Can we have the dealer? Try to get him on the air. I loved a message, the dealer, not the mechanic, the dealer. Who'd you call the dealer or the mechanic. I called the mechanic. Okay, good? Where the car is? Right now? Good? Right? Perfect? Now, let's call where she bought it, Kelly.
Speaker 5: Let's call like that whoever she's dealing with over there, and see if they'll come on the air to discuss this, because here's what happened. Your engine went out in three days. What I would have liked to have known is why it.
Speaker 3: Went out in three days?
Speaker 5: And was it just luck of the draw which would have been screwed because it was as is, or was it because they they hid something or lied to you. Well, apparently it wasn't, because we can't prove it. So then you paid forty eight hundred for a replacement engine, and you deserve for forty eight hundred a decent replacement engine with a decent warranty. It actually strengthens your case because had they done it out of so called responsibility or obligation, they would have said, look, we didn't have to do it to begin with.
Speaker 3: We did it out of the goodness of our heart. We can't help it, blah blah blah. But they didn't.
Speaker 5: You actually paid for this, so you actually have a stronger case right now. You paid for a replacement engine that was a piece of junk, and then they sent you a second replacement engine, also a piece of junk. All right, So now it's in North Dakota at a mechanic shop with the second piece of junk.
Speaker 3: You're calling it the third engine.
Speaker 5: Yes, but the second replacement engine, it's sitting there and it doesn't run correct. What does your mechanics say is wrong with this current engine?
Speaker 9: The mechanic put the car up on the lift with the second engine.
Speaker 5: All of that we know he would have to put up on Look. I just need to know what did he find wrong with it? Not the process? What did he find wrong with it?
Speaker 9: Okay, the wires were not connected. The valve cover was broken. He has a photo of that.
Speaker 3: But that's minor. Two minor things. What else? Anything major?
Speaker 9: The intercore was broken and he has a.
Speaker 1: Picture of that.
Speaker 3: The intercore. What does that mean?
Speaker 6: In a cooler?
Speaker 9: I'm not a mechanic, Tomco intercooler for the turbo okay, intercooler.
Speaker 6: But didn't the second engine get replaced in North Dakota?
Speaker 5: Who replaced? Who put in the second replacement engine?
Speaker 9: It's not in there yet.
Speaker 3: Oh he inspected it before putting it in.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, the second Okay, the second engine, Yes, he put on the lift, took pictures. He's been talking with got it.
Speaker 5: He did not install the second engine. That would be the answer I want.
Speaker 3: Is that right? He did not install the second engine.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's getting ready to do that now.
Speaker 3: But that's where he found all of these discrepancies.
Speaker 9: Right, the second engine needs so many parts.
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 3: I get it. I get it. Yeah, So it's nice. So will they send did they indicate thousand dollars? Did they?
Speaker 8: What's that to put this new en?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 9: The third engine in is four thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: Wait in labor, Yes, the guy in the parts.
Speaker 5: The guy in North Dakota says, to fix that engine and install it will be four grand.
Speaker 9: Yes, because it needs new parts.
Speaker 3: I get it. But you're not going to do that right.
Speaker 9: No, he has been. He has been trying to call converse with the dealership.
Speaker 5: I get it, Okay, I get you, Linda, Okay, thank you. Now listen, somehow, some way we probably need to get that car back here and then work with Springs to get it fixed.
Speaker 3: The Springs automotive.
Speaker 5: I mean, seriously, if you paid forty eight let's forget about the as is and all of that. You paid forty eight hundred dollars to replace the engine in a car. By the way, you should not have paid that. You paid more than.
Speaker 3: The car was worth to get that new engine.
Speaker 5: I wish you would have called us right away, although I'm not sure we could have done anything for you if you bought it as is. The whole problem was we never We don't know what happened to.
Speaker 3: It to begin with.
Speaker 5: It's Linda, this is such an unfortunate situation for you, It really is, and I feel for you, but we got we got to try.
Speaker 3: To bail out as much as we can.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content of it.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So guys, let's talk about this. Checking out cars before you buy.
Speaker 3: I think that this is one of the most common problems we have.
Speaker 5: People buy a car as is. Now, this is what I have to emphasize. And by the way, we're taking your calls at three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three, two, five to five.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: So when it comes to used cars, I don't care who you buy them from. I don't care who. It doesn't matter. No one will be offended. We have Rodney with US JFR Cars. They do use cars.
Speaker 3: They can source new cars for you as brokers, but let or as a dealer. But let's talk. Are you offended if anyone asks to have a car checked.
Speaker 15: No, I'm actually encouraged because we can fix the problem, get it settled, and you walk.
Speaker 3: Away with comfort. You don't want somebody coming back pissed off. Okay, So relationship with a broker. So when you when somebody checks out a car, how does it work? How does it work?
Speaker 5: If they want to take it to a mechanic, how does that actually work?
Speaker 15: Most a lot of times, I'll take it myself to whatever mechanic they want to send it to. I'll do I'll get them a loaner, call it a loaner, and let them take it out for a day and to let it let it.
Speaker 5: Go to the mechanics. Okay, oh that's really good. So it's like a loaner for a day, or you do it. Or how about mobile mechanics. Have you ever had no mobile mechanics? Come on and look at a car.
Speaker 15: We do have a mobile mechanic right now, So that works out great.
Speaker 5: I mean someone that works an independent that can dependent and they comic at cars for for people.
Speaker 15: Well, we don't use it in that manner, but we will have a car checked out if we if we had to, if it was if the deal was done, we'll send him out and figure out.
Speaker 5: You remember both of our mobile mechanics, not mechanics, but diagnostic services. We had Automotive MDS and then we had that was years ago, and then we had Norris what.
Speaker 3: Was it called SOS Inspections.
Speaker 5: Thank you job too, SOS Inspections. He did a great, great job. And of course you do him, Kevin how much. See that's good man.
Speaker 3: And it's bumper to bumper.
Speaker 6: We'll check them. And you know, in a case like this with the mob that Rodney, you'd probably agree. I would recommended even if it checked out, to not buy that car, right that's that's not a car I would recommend.
Speaker 3: Anybody, but even with one hundred and thirty thousand, especially because of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, with a Turbomasta, it's just it's it's they're not good engines. It's a bomb waiting to go. Okay, not mositing in general, just that particular one in that.
Speaker 3: Turbo, that's particular engine.
Speaker 15: Yes, here's why they stopped making it.
Speaker 3: They stopped making it.
Speaker 5: So Linda, we got to figure out how to get her out of this, and we need to call that dealer to see if we can get that dealer on for sure, because I would like to know how they feel about this.
Speaker 3: So I said in the beginning of.
Speaker 5: The show, we're going to talk about something we normally don't talk about, and that's a new vehicle. You know, I said, Well, the last new vehicle I personally know, maybe I'm wrong, are the new evs, the Tesla and then the Rivian and then the there's so many of them now right right. The actually, well, I'm not telling my like the old line makers that make EV's now, but I'm talking about new companies like Rivian and Tesla, who else new companies?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: But then this is not an EV but it's a new car, and it's really the first new.
Speaker 3: Car to come along in a long time. And in fact, i'd love to hear the history of it. I don't know the history of it.
Speaker 5: But it is called the Grenadier and it's made by Ineos. Do we know where that's out of because if it's out of you said in England.
Speaker 6: It's a conglomerate. It's a massive corporation that branched out in the cars for some reason. Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, I want to know more about the company. But the cars are not bad looking. Now they top out.
Speaker 3: I think at about eighty something fully loaded.
Speaker 14: Tom, Yes, let's go ahead and take line one.
Speaker 3: We do have. Jared is Jared the salesperson.
Speaker 14: No, Jared is the mechanic that has this car.
Speaker 5: Ared, thank you so much for coming on for for Linda. Hey, Jared, listen, when she got to you the first time and that engine did did you did you explore.
Speaker 3: The car with the first engine that that blew up? Or that was bad?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: So she got she bought it down in Colorado, right, that's right, and then yeah she went and had the engine blow up like immediately, I think like a week or two afterwards, No.
Speaker 5: That one we know, right, And then I thought they then they said they replaced it or fixed it, right.
Speaker 2: They told her that they put a new engine in.
Speaker 5: And then when she then that's the one that's the one you saw or that that failed again? Right, So what was wrong with that engine, that particular one.
Speaker 2: So she complained about uh, like some noises and whatnot. And then she heard, you know, so oil down the side of her car, and I told her, yes, an oil leak. So we'll we'll find it and we putt I think we end up putting about three quarts of winter and I think that Carlin holds all four quarts of worth. I'm not mistaken. So it was run pretty low. So that's the rods were you know, the bearings are shots. And then that's what was causing the noise, was it not?
Speaker 3: She said it wasn't bolted in.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there's yeah, there's yeah that we'll get to that point. But like the first thing we saw was that the valve cover was actually damaged during installation. Yeah, so part of it was broke off, and that's what was causing oil to go. Engine got it and and when I talked to this place down there and uh, they were saying, uh, they're saying about uh, sorry, I had somebody walked in my office. But you know, so they were saying that they had an oil they tried to chase down. They kind of find it. Well, we found it pretty quick and I sent them a video of it. But it's pouring out. But then yeah, later on, so we just brought it in yesterday. We finally got some parts, uh overnighted from Mazda so we can finishes up that parts were missing. Then my mechanics I owned the company, but my mechanic he was showing me took some pictures of it that there was bolts missing all the bell housing. There was missing a starter bolt and then he later found that they used that to bolt the engine to the transmission. But yeah, there's about nine major bolts holding the engine together to the transmission into the body mount and those were those were actually missing.
Speaker 3: God, so do you think they shook loose?
Speaker 2: Pretty ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Do you think they shook loose or what? Would they were never installed?
Speaker 2: No, they were not kid So he carked them. If you torqued them properly, they would have never came out. But we're trying to like, so, we don't even know who's paying for the bill yet. We just wanted to make sure we have it ready for her. So I told that my mechanics, just pull the engine, let's swap it out. Let's get it ready to when she does, get it figured out down there, we can get it back to her.
Speaker 3: Right so when they so, then they sent a repla placement for that.
Speaker 2: Right they've did the other the company that manufied that did the engine, used engine they did. They were great to work.
Speaker 5: Well, now that that replacement engine and I got to take a break soon. I'm sorry, but that replacement engine is still broke.
Speaker 3: It is not really good? Is it?
Speaker 2: The new one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, Actually that one looks really good. That one looks really good. Wait, so that one actually came with a turbo. It looks really Wait a minute.
Speaker 3: That engine you're talking about, that one that looks really good. That she told us that the one they sent to replace. So she had the original engine that was replaced. Then it got to you and that engine sucks. And now the new one, the one going in now looks good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this one looks fantastic.
Speaker 5: All right, Then I need to know what her problem is because she said it wasn't, So hold on a sec go with a short Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Hey Jared, I really appreciate you being here from North Dakota mechanic who was helping Linda out. So, as I understand it, she drives in with an engine that's blowing and they replaced it. So the one they sent to replace it with is fine. I guess her problem is I don't know what it is. Actually, Linda, you told us that the second engine was bad, and he's saying it's not bad.
Speaker 9: I think we crushed.
Speaker 5: Okay, then then then if I just understood fine, let's all agree. Then the engine he has there that they supplied under warranty, he says, is fine.
Speaker 3: So they did make good on that engine. Is that right, Linda? Yes? Okay, So Jared, how much is it going to cost to install that engine? Well?
Speaker 2: Basically so. Well, there's also the other things that were damages too, that's the problem.
Speaker 3: So what other things were damaged?
Speaker 2: The inner core got damage because that used the isolator pads that come that are supposed to be with it, so they bolted it and stressed it, so then they cracked the inner core.
Speaker 6: So there is there are some there's some problems from the previous installation.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh I see.
Speaker 5: So even though this engine is fine, the stuff left behind from the old engine.
Speaker 6: Correct, is that stuff to put it? Should responsibility?
Speaker 3: Okay, I get it, Jared.
Speaker 5: But let's say if she did not have any damage and this engine, what would just the raw installation be without replacing parts?
Speaker 2: You're looking about eighteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Bucks okay, and that's fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that goes by the book by the book time. And see they said that they would only pay you know, they said that it only showed eight point one hours for book time, and so they are.
Speaker 3: All to pay some of the labor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, no, they don't want to pay anything. I talked to them the other day. We have an emailing back and forth and I why won't they a message?
Speaker 3: Why does labor? Is labor not included in the warranty?
Speaker 2: Well, no, because they did not pay. Thats like when we purchase engines, if we don't usually purchase used engines, if the customer wants to go that way, we will pay. Usually it's like about sixty five dollars to one hundred some dollars to pay for like a two to three or extended warranty on a used engine. And that's what we would do, just to protect the customer and for something to work to a run.
Speaker 5: So right now, though, the way I'm understanding it is the labor to install that engine is not covered.
Speaker 2: No, it was, but supposedly the guy Eugene and I talked to at their shops that it was. Then they sent over the paperwork and then it said otherwise, and then we got back and forth. But that somebody else has the team out there with their team. It's it's been a nightmare to talk to multiple people. And then they ultimately said they do not want to help her. They said they're washed their hands on it.
Speaker 3: Basically, Okay, now we understand, Thank you very much for being here, Linda.
Speaker 5: We're going to have to figure this out. At least Jared cleared things up. Some of the parts were damaged from a previous installation.
Speaker 3: Hold on.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up. No obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Ripped up News. Need advice so you don't have come run in us as snass as we can. Shooter's gonna help come MANX is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Now, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk is our number seven one three eight two five five. This hour brought to you by Grossmanwellness dot Com if you're looking for a clinic that does proactive health. I'm into proactive health, meaning wellness. This Grossman Wellness dot Com. For a small monthly fee, you get all.
Speaker 3: Of your prescriptions, your blood work every three months, and your supplements. It's a wonderful program. And then you can text your duck at any time. It's called concierge Grossman Wellness dot Com. Believe me, some people spend more than that on crap.
Speaker 5: Let alone your health now, Eric wrote to me, and I don't even do you know when someone is so stupid you don't even know where to begin, Like they're totally out of the universe of common sense and smartness that you can even it's hard to explain to them.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna explain this situation to you.
Speaker 5: I made a statement that older cars are being phased out of the marketplace, and I said specifically pre nineteen eighty five and older. I said, they're being phased out, meaning they're getting older, they're getting more and more miles on them and therefore being retired. It's called attrition. As cars get older, they get retired. And I said, more and more newer cars are on the roads, so technically you should probably do away with the air program requirements or the emissions requirements for.
Speaker 3: Those older cars.
Speaker 5: There's so few of them compared to newer cars.
Speaker 3: This moron calls, and I'm not going to call my moron.
Speaker 5: Because that's what I call my YouTube people, and he doesn't deserve that badge of honor.
Speaker 3: This jumoke calls and says, no, no, no, older cars are growing on the roads. I said, well, that's quite impossible. It's not happening. I said, the older cars are.
Speaker 5: Being phased out. He writes an article, thinking that he got me. He sends me an article from Car and Driver, thinking that it proves his point, when.
Speaker 3: Really I can't. I can't even explain how stupid he is.
Speaker 5: In fact, because he's so stupid, he won't understand how stupid he is. Because what the article and I want to know the article is saying, listen to this now, remember what I said, Older cars are being phased out pre nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 3: No newer ones are coming on.
Speaker 5: They're automatically by nature being phased out because of mileage and age. And there's no reason to cause Holy hell for people with a missions tests on those older cars, because most newer cars are better at passing emissions. So keep the emissions test every five to seven years, maybe every ten years for newer cars, and just forget those old tests to give these people a break. This guy says, oh, no, no, no, Tom, there are.
Speaker 3: Plenty of old cars. In fact, the.
Speaker 5: Number of old cars are growing. And I said, that is impossible.
Speaker 3: You retard.
Speaker 5: Okay, I shouldn't use that word, but that's what the guy is. Okay, So okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't mean, I don't mean anything by that. But what else? Okay, here's what he says.
Speaker 5: He sends an article from Car and Driver, and Eric, if you're listening, I'm sorry, I know you listen, but you're stupid. And here's why. The headline of this. Tell me what's wrong with this? Remember what I said? Now, remember here's what the headline says.
Speaker 3: Average age of vehicles in US continues to rise.
Speaker 5: Well, of course it does. People are keeping their cars on the road longer. Does that mean the number of cars prior to nineteen eighty five are growing?
Speaker 3: Of course not.
Speaker 5: It would be impossible. They don't make them and they get used up year by year by year. It's called attrition.
Speaker 3: Now, are there more older cars on the road than there used to be?
Speaker 6: Five would be five and ten years would be sure.
Speaker 3: Because people instead of keeping a car five years, might keep it ten, they may even keep it fifteen. But they're still newer cars. They're newer cars being kept longer, You stupid idiot. So he has the nerve to send this email and say Tom is a moron. I mean, I don't see. That's what I mean.
Speaker 5: When you have an argument with someone and they're so stupid they don't even know the argument, you can't argue.
Speaker 3: With them because you can't fight it. You can't fight stupidio. I agree, the average age of vehicles is getting is continuing to rise, but not the emissions. Not because those older, junkier cars are going away. They're not putting new ones on their road, you morone, You idiot. So people are keeping their cars longer. So if you keep a two thousand a year two thousand car for twenty years, it's still a year two thousand. It's still newer emissions, newer equipment. It's not pre nineteen eighty five. So he's trying to make the argument that older cars are somehow being resurrected and put on the roads because he knew a lot of people who drove nineteen eighty five cars. Whoa God?
Speaker 1: Eric.
Speaker 5: In fact, don't bother calling because I don't think I should waste the airtime. I think you're so stupid it may affect our FCC license.
Speaker 3: God. Oh, he did call? Go ahead, Eric, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Tom, I got a question.
Speaker 3: I want to hear more of your stupidity.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Okay, all right, Hey Tom.
Speaker 7: Who's the mechanic that's in the studio today, Kevin Calkin? Hey, Kevin in the lat cars may in the last fifteen years? Are they failing emissions test?
Speaker 6: Not really, No, not that we've seen.
Speaker 7: So you've never serviced a car less than fifty.
Speaker 3: No, we didn't say never. He just said they're not failing more, you know, Eric, Eric, Eric, I'm honest to God, there's only a certain amount of stupid people that listen to this show. They're not going to be entertained by you.
Speaker 5: So make a point or get off the phone.
Speaker 7: What Tom, you're making the point that everything built in the last fifteen years is a perfect condition.
Speaker 5: No, I never said that. Here's what I said, listen to what I said, seriously.
Speaker 3: Eric, Eric, I did not say that everything made Eric.
Speaker 5: I'm not hanging up on you only because you're so stupid you won't realize it and you'll still be talking. So I'm going to shut up.
Speaker 3: I just hit him upon him. Here's the thing. What I said was, there are lesser cars made from nineteen eighty five and earlier than ever year, lesser, lesser, lesser, and there's no reason to any longer have emissions for them, period. That's all I said. I didn't say the newer cars.
Speaker 5: Well, I did say, and the newer cars are cleaner, and they are. So what I said was if you have tests for the newer cars only, it would be better than including the nineteen eighty fives and older.
Speaker 3: That's what I said. So you don't need to test those cars. They're going away on their own every single year. They're going away on their own. The newer cars are cleaner, they're being built cleaner. I said you should only test them every five to seven years. But the older cars are not increasing. Did you see what I said when I said he was stupid.
Speaker 5: See when someone doesn't even understand the premise, I can't.
Speaker 3: Take his call, because.
Speaker 5: When someone is on the same page and you can argue, that's different than having someone who's in another universe, a retard universe. I know I shouldn't say it. Okay, I'm only talking about him anyway. I'm not talking about developmentally I just think.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get yelled out. Okay, but there you know. I don't have a mean by my body for people.
Speaker 5: I'm not talking about people who are developmentally disabled. I'm not talking about that. I'm not talking about that at all. I'm talking about people that shut their minds off, they shut them off completely. So now we had another problem, and we talked about used car checkouts because Linda didn't have her car check And I'm sure she has a million excuses she bought a car, but here's the point.
Speaker 3: Here's the problem. She's gonna have that dealer. Not the dealer. The supplier of.
Speaker 5: The engine did supply a replacement engine that's in good shape. So Linda, I'm gonna make some statements here and I want you to follow me.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to belittle your problem. You do have a problem.
Speaker 5: The engine they sent, Thank goodness, the engine supplier sent. What your mechanic in North Dakota said was a pretty good replacement engine.
Speaker 3: Okay, correct, that's good news.
Speaker 5: The bad news is is that the previous installation of that other engine, they they hurt some stuff in your car that need that needs to be fixed. And I think that dealer or whoever did that previous installation should fix those things or should pay for them.
Speaker 3: But I don't think they're going to easily.
Speaker 5: You may have to go to small claims cart now we're going to try calling them who did the installation of that previous engine?
Speaker 3: Do you know? His name was Eugene.
Speaker 9: He works for Springs Auto Hutted.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it was their shop that did it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and he Tom May I just make the statement he put me on the road from Ido Springs to North Dakota in a freaking guath trap on wheel.
Speaker 5: Well okay, but but Linda, I get it, But what does that have to do with the problem Right now?
Speaker 9: The problem is I don't have any wheels and.
Speaker 5: No, no, but I mean, see, Linda, you made a statement about he puts you on a death trap. Yeah, he was a bad dude, Okay, but what does that have to do with what we're trying to get accomplished. Right now, we're trying to get whoever was responsible for that engine to pay for the damages when they installed it. Right, Okay, So I get you got a lot of past history of them, and you don't like him and all of that, but none of that's going to matter right now. What matters now is that the guy did a terrible installation and it ruined some parts in your engine that you could have reused.
Speaker 3: But I want want to tell you something else.
Speaker 5: No matter what, you would have had to pay eighteen hundred dollars to install that engine, no matter what, because the warranty is not covering it.
Speaker 3: Now, what I'd like.
Speaker 9: To do, Well, it's actually four thousand, tom with all the labor, I mean, eighteen hundred is the labor with all of the replacement parts.
Speaker 3: That's right, That's right, I do have. But here's what I want to do, Linda.
Speaker 5: I want to try to get I want to try to get Springs Automotive. I want to try to get them to pony up some money to help you. Not because I think it's all their fault to begin with.
Speaker 6: Well, she says she had a warranty right there, What does it say as far as label.
Speaker 4: I read this in black and white to you go ahead.
Speaker 9: It says warranty on parts and labor is one year or twelve thousand miles.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, ever comes first?
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, that's on that used replacement engine.
Speaker 6: That's on their paperwork.
Speaker 5: What's really you have to send that to us, Hey, Kitchina, get that to us. We need to call Springs Automotive if it's time for them to come on.
Speaker 3: Did you call them? Who did you work with over there? Springs? Linda?
Speaker 9: Uh, the owner is guy and the guy is the owner? Yes, but he very I mean they don't answer.
Speaker 5: Well, they're gonna answer. They're going to answer, or we're going to inundate them. Okay, they're going to answer. So we're gonna call him right now. Hold on, hold on.
Speaker 9: What we give you two more names.
Speaker 3: To do it off the air.
Speaker 5: Do it to kitchena Kashina, get those names from her. We should call listen. They screwed her. Okay, let's just say they screwed this woman. This poor woman looks the company that supplied the engine.
Speaker 3: Their stand up there. They're supplying the second engine, but the warranty covers labor and why are they not covering labor we need, I mean, we need to call the engine company too. I guess the.
Speaker 6: Engine company has an extended warranty if you purchase it and these she said, Well, she said, she has the warranty from the installation. She paid the dealership to install the motor. They gave her a twelve twelve warranty. They have to stand behind the labor the dealership.
Speaker 5: Yes, so Linda, that okay, she's talking to Okay, let's go to Mike.
Speaker 3: Mike, you have a comment on cars. Go ahead, Mike.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Tom, First.
Speaker 12: I agree with you, as an average age of the fleet out there is increased.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is, it's increasing. People are keeping cars longer.
Speaker 12: And I want to give a show to my brother, Mitch. Please tell your Don McClain story.
Speaker 3: Your your brother, Mitch.
Speaker 12: Yeah, tell me tell me the Don McLam well.
Speaker 5: It's a real quick story because I'm getting well, I can't tell it now, but but it's it's on YouTube and it's on but I'll recap it in about thirty seconds when I come back.
Speaker 3: I got to take this break.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing, Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Let's talk to h Drew and what are we gonna do with Linda. We're gonna call the dealership, try to get him on true. Yes, haven't heard from you in a long time. Oh wow, Tom, Yeah, Drew? What's going on back east? What's happening?
Speaker 16: What's going on is I'm a seventy seven year old disabled by federal court order handicapped person from being hit by cars as a pedestrian. And in any case, I'm staying at Extended Stay America.
Speaker 3: The manager is like a visit, where's your apartment? Didn't you have an apartment?
Speaker 16: This is considered an apartment after three months. There's no sales, sacks, no nothing, okay, just rent In any case, this man refuses to give any ability accommodation. I'm seventy seven, crippled, can barely walk. My right hand and wrist is shot, and there is no handrail in the bathroom at all. He's in violation the Disabilities Act. When I told them that I severely fell and injured myself, we need a commodation here, he just bocked me and said, too bad you fell or get injured. He doesn't care. So I think that people.
Speaker 5: Can't you call someone ahead of him? I mean truly, if they're running a place like that, they need to keep that handicapped accessible and safe.
Speaker 3: So did you go above this guy's head?
Speaker 16: I asked them for the phone number of corporate and as their attorneys. He refused to give me either number.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, And you said, this is Extended Stay America.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it's in Jersey.
Speaker 16: It's in Jersey, but I think it's in throughout the country.
Speaker 3: I know, I know it is. But what I'm saying is it shouldn't be too difficult to get that, to get corporate headquarters.
Speaker 16: Well, maybe you could look it up for me. I can't find it. I don't have a computer, so I.
Speaker 3: Didn't realize you were seventy seven. Not that that matters, I mean you should.
Speaker 5: You should have safe accommodations other than the handrails. Other than the handrails, what else is going on there?
Speaker 16: Well, he told me that there's massive mold in the carpets, common carpet, and he puts down chemicals. And if water hits the carpet, you see all the chemicals coming up out of the carpet.
Speaker 3: And have you ever thought about leaving there?
Speaker 16: The rents in New Jersey are horrendous, Tom, I have very They would cost me thousands to move. I would love to move from here, or frankly, I would just love for them to keep get an accommodation instead of putting an accommodation. He's harassing me and taking away my other services.
Speaker 3: How's he harassing you?
Speaker 16: Well, every two weeks I've been here a year and a half, they come in change the bed sheet, change the pillowcases, and clean the bathtop. And he says he's just gonna harass me and refuse any of that anymore, which to me is wrong. They've been doing it for a year and a half. He just gets in my face and yells and screams. And all I did was ask for an accommodation. And so when I go into bed, I have to go inch by inch, walking baby inches so I don't fall down again. And he refuses any accommodation and he's taking away my other contracted All right.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen, I think I found I found their corporate headquarters and it's in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Speaker 3: And I have a phone number for you.
Speaker 16: Okay, I can hut right because my right hand is crippled from a car accident. Okay, nine eight zero nine paid zero.
Speaker 17: Three four five three four five one six zero zero one six zero zero.
Speaker 16: Now try there.
Speaker 3: First, Try there first, and call us back.
Speaker 5: But just try there and say, but Drew, what you really need to say? I if I were you, I wouldn't get into too much detail except this, I'm serious the art of complaining, And this is what it is.
Speaker 3: You say.
Speaker 5: Look, I am a disabled person, and according to Disabilities Act, your accommodation should have at least basic safety and accessible means, and they don't. And the manager here is mocking me, telling me I should get in. So you tell him that you're going to go to You're going to go to the Disability to ADA compliance, You're going to go to the Americans with Disabilities Act organization or the media about this if they don't make it at least minimally safe. But what I can't help you with are these chemicals you're talking about. I don't know, because then it goes beyond the realm of physical things they can fix. What kind of chemical exposure are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 16: The stain inspector came here and the staint inspector told me that the head manager didn't know what chemicals they put.
Speaker 3: Down, chemicals wear on the carpet, a.
Speaker 16: Common carpet in the hallways, and what did.
Speaker 3: They put Why did they put stuff on them?
Speaker 16: To begin with massive mold?
Speaker 3: That's what he told me for mold.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, listen, Drew, there's only so much we can do. I mean, it might be a place that you don't want to stay at.
Speaker 3: I mean, where were you prior to How long have you been there?
Speaker 16: A year and a half.
Speaker 3: Where were you before this?
Speaker 16: I was in affordable housing for twenty five years. Actually it was near Donald Trump in Bedminster, New Jersey. But then this judge, he checked out all the poor people. One woman was there thirty five years. He checked her out.
Speaker 3: Why were you kicked out?
Speaker 16: He just issued a court owner?
Speaker 3: But why what were they doing with the building.
Speaker 16: I don't think they were doing anything with the building, but oh yeah they were. They were turning affordables. They made it look fancier and double the rent.
Speaker 5: Okay, look, I don't know anything about that, but that's that's where you scrambled and got this place.
Speaker 3: Yes, do you own a car? Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, So listen, call that office and then get back to us.
Speaker 3: See what they say to you.
Speaker 5: But just keep in mind that you're calling for the first time to these people, so don't give them a lot of unnecessary detail.
Speaker 3: Tell them where you are, which location, and what you need done. Just try to get to the point.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three three seven one three talks seven on three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show. We're still waiting for Springs Automotive to call. We're going to try to get them on the air about this car deal, but Ryan's calling about something else. On selling jewelry? Hello, Ryan, what's happening?
Speaker 7: Not much?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 3: Tom good Man? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Not much?
Speaker 1: I got a few old rings, diamond rings that I was just curious on if you've got a reference or somewhere to sell those to get top dollar.
Speaker 5: Okay, you won't get top dollar at a jewelry store. I was going to recommend some honest jewelers. They'll give you an honest assessment, but they're not going to give you the most money because they want to make money. So if if you it's hard when you say top dollar, you always get top dollar through private sales. The problem with private sales is where to advertise and to avoid the scammers, because there you will they will come out of the woodwork. Tell me a little bit about your diamonds. Do you actually have a GIA grade yet?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And I've got all the paperwork.
Speaker 5: So you actually have g I A grading certificates that match the stones correct and the stones are set in rings?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 2: That is correct?
Speaker 3: What's how many are are you? We talking about three?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 3: Totally?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: Consignment is another thing you can do with legit stores. That's better than selling it to them. But what is the size of your ring?
Speaker 3: A ring?
Speaker 1: The biggest one is a one carrot diamond?
Speaker 3: And what what clarity is it?
Speaker 2: Off the top of my head, I'm not one.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you don't know the clarity. You don't know the clarity on any of them.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not around them.
Speaker 3: Do you know the color? Do you know the carrot?
Speaker 12: Do you know?
Speaker 3: So you got color carrot clarity and cut the cut? The four seas is what we call. Okay, Well, here's the deal.
Speaker 5: Depending on the quality, it would.
Speaker 3: Be worth doing a consignment. If they're really really good.
Speaker 5: Diamonds, a consignment will get you the most money without you taking risk. If you want to sell them, it's it's a very difficult thing.
Speaker 3: You you have to just advertise like.
Speaker 5: Anyone, and then hope that you don't get ripped off or that people aren't going to scam you.
Speaker 3: Are they are all four of them? Rings?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: They are? And are they women's rings or men's rings?
Speaker 18: Women's rings?
Speaker 3: And are they pear shaped? Square or marquee? What? Are they?
Speaker 1: All? Three? R?
Speaker 3: Pair? Okay? Pair? That's lost a little luster lately as far as popularity. Square has taken over. But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: I mean, round is still popular, but pair is the least popular as far as a desirability nowadays. But you may and and so, so where do you sell them? I would start.
Speaker 3: I would truly start with a good jewelry store to see if they would do a consignment and what they think you could get and what they will take. That's what I would do.
Speaker 1: And okay consignment or private.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but private is risky. Now I used to know I say I used to I still know him really well.
Speaker 3: We have j Fetter Jewelers.
Speaker 5: In my opinion, when it comes to diamonds, there's no one better and Beta that market the sun has taken over. Jason Israel now Jay and Seal Celia. But Mark has taken over. Mark spends his time between here and Boca Ratone, but he's got good people over there, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no matter who you get.
Speaker 5: Over there, they're honest people. At least to start and get their opinions. You know, they'll be honestly. They might offer you something you'll want, or they might tell you what they think you can get on consignment. But that's where I would start because no matter what I mean, they can even have tips on selling it privately.
Speaker 3: I think that they used to have a store downtown.
Speaker 5: I don't think they do anymore, but I do think they have one in Greenwood Village.
Speaker 3: J Fetter Jewel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, here's a number listed form at the Landmark in Greenwood. Three h three five three four zero two five to one. They're just dear friends of mine. I have no commercial relationship with them, but they're really good people.
Speaker 11: Okay, perfect, Well, thank you, Tom, I appreciate.
Speaker 5: It, No problem, man, hope, hope it goes well. Sou as you know about did you know about pear Shape?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Do you think they're cool?
Speaker 5: Because they they're kind of considering, they're kind of considered old, the old fogey stuff.
Speaker 3: The pair again the squares have really taken over. Holy crap, you know.
Speaker 5: That's my favorite Yesh squares and then round are always classic and people like rounds.
Speaker 6: But the lab diamonds kind of taking over for naturally, not at.
Speaker 5: All, but but they are definitely making a mark. They're not taking over.
Speaker 3: My ear rings are lab. But here's the thing about a lab. You get perfect. They're gorgeous, yeah, perfect, And they are diamonds.
Speaker 5: I mean, now somebody can tell who, you know, a gemologist can tell because they are so perfect.
Speaker 3: They're way better than.
Speaker 5: Cuba, because our Cornians and all that. Right, the lab they're real diamonds. They're real frickin diamonds.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're just grown in a lab, you know, like or however they do it, I don't know. I don't even know the process.
Speaker 5: But do they actually take they actually start with coal? I mean I don't, honest to god. I mean I think they take.
Speaker 19: An original like bud and then just speed up the process of growing it.
Speaker 3: I could be wrong. Well, they're not really grown. They're pressed.
Speaker 5: Diamonds are more pressed and they come out look they come out like a rock and then they're cut and they're polished. But they call it growing, but it's not really growing like a pearl. Pearl has grown. A pearl has actually grown with layers. A diamond is compressed and I don't know how they do it. Look it up man, that's you know, but but lab grown diamonds.
Speaker 3: Think what they do is says.
Speaker 19: The method uses large presses to apply pressures up to seventy seven and thirty thousand psi and heat to over twenty seven hundred. Oh my god, to a small diamond seed placed in purecarboned what is oh okay?
Speaker 3: What is this? Yeah seed? I don't even know how.
Speaker 19: It starts like a diamond, takes a bazillion years to make.
Speaker 3: They speed up the process. All right, We got more coming up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five all right, So to recap some of these things going on, we had quite a bit because I'm getting some texts on these on this discussion on emissions, and I think what we've learned is pretty important, and that is, if you sell a car in Colorado and the car is registered in Colorado in an emissions area, you have to provide you have to guarantee.
Speaker 3: It'll pass emissions. But this is what's weird.
Speaker 5: If you're a dealer, you give a voucher that allows them to go and get a test within three days. If it doesn't pass, you either have to fix it or undo the deal, and if you don't, you lose your license. But if you're an individual and you sell a car, you still have to guarantee that it will pass, but you do not have to provide a test or a sticker. You simply have to say it'll pass. If it doesn't pass, here's the crazy thing. The seller doesn't have to do anything for you. They don't have to take the car back. They don't have to fix it. Now, you could go to court over it and probably win, but even our air guy said you may win, but.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you don't. So it's not a guarantee. With a private owner sale.
Speaker 5: And then if the car is from out of state, all bets are off. So if you want to be sure that a car passes emissions before you buy it, Kevin, do you guys have mock tests to tell Could you tell if a car can pass or not at your shop or do they have to run it through the pro We.
Speaker 6: Can tell fairly close, But no, don't remember.
Speaker 5: When they useless gas stations do the testing.
Speaker 6: Why don't they do that analyzation?
Speaker 3: They don't do it anymore because of the cheating, right.
Speaker 6: Well, that's what the claim was, but I just think it's more centralized.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, so the air program you would have to you would have to just go get it tested and then just spend the money and if it doesn't pass, don't buy it.
Speaker 3: I mean, really, that's the only way to protect yourself. It really is.
Speaker 5: You could end up spending a money on that car, and so the bottom line is get the car checked out. Kevin, does this used car check out for one hundred and twenty bucks, but that doesn't include emissions.
Speaker 3: Does not but doesn't give them an idea about emission.
Speaker 6: We can tell from codes and previous information.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good.
Speaker 6: If it's pretty good, yeah.
Speaker 5: But still to be absolutely certain before you buy or pull the trigger, you should make sure it can pass emissions.
Speaker 3: If it's a dealer, it's a different story.
Speaker 5: You get the voucher, but then make sure you get the test done within that three days or you're.
Speaker 3: Out of luck. The dealers off the hook. At that point, we have another hour to go.
Speaker 5: I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Not just cars, but anything you want to talk about you can call about. You can also call three oh three Martino twenty four to seven THREEO three Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help you'll think you're his only customer. When you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: News, you don't have come, run in just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come man. This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino, Your Troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven to one, three eight two five five. Going into the final hour of the show, we're talking about cars staying on Car Friday. We have Kevin Colkin with us Shardan Auto Tech. We have Rod Greer with us from JFR Cars, and we're talking about anything near and dear to your heart and pocketbook. One clear Choice Garage Doors is the place to call for any garage door problem speaking of cars, and by the way, they have twenty four to seven service if you have a problem getting your garage closed at night or something, and it's one.
Speaker 3: Clear Choice Doors dot Com.
Speaker 5: All of their prices for all of their services are on that website. One clear Choice Doors dot Com seven two zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Speaking of garage doors. I am a lot of people in my neighborhood leave their garage doors open by mistake, I'm sure, or they forget to close it or something. Now we have something on ours called time to close feature, so if you forget to close it and it doesn't have activity, it'll blink and warn you in the grate time to close. Without that, you're screwed. My neighbors, I have closed them.
Speaker 5: Okay, I have gone and closed them because a lot of them the outside pad.
Speaker 3: You just hit. You don't have to know the code. You just hit enter and it closes the door.
Speaker 5: But some of them are not programmed for just the enter to close, so I have to run in their garage press that button, then run and beat the door, and then you have to hop over the laser beam right or whatever the beam the light beam. But really, I must have done that in the last three months for three people. So I don't know if they if they think they closed it and it kicked back, it kicks back, because.
Speaker 3: I know this.
Speaker 5: Sometimes with weather changes, the door dynamic changes because of the expansion and contraction.
Speaker 3: Of the rails.
Speaker 5: But the reason I'm saying this, I'm warning you you should probably always check. I don't leave the house. What I do is I sit there in the car when I press the button to make sure it doesn't kick back. I don't know if anyone else does that, but I'm really paranoid about it. I do not want to.
Speaker 6: Talk driveway you get More than likely.
Speaker 5: They'll just clean out your entire garage. I know somebody who did that left it open there. Everything is gone, just gone. I mean, people don't have any morals anymore. Or they they see something.
Speaker 3: They take it. It's theirs now, Ava, thank you. I got your text, and I'm not sure I tried to find your original call it.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter if I find it. Let's just talk about this. So what is your issue?
Speaker 3: Ava?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 4: The problem is is that and when.
Speaker 5: Did you call originally? I'm sorry for intro. When did you call originally?
Speaker 4: About two weeks ago?
Speaker 3: Okay? And you called under the name Ava?
Speaker 4: Well, actually my friend called Ted, Ted.
Speaker 3: I got Ted's problem.
Speaker 5: I got it, okay, So so talk to me about what's going on.
Speaker 4: Well, Ego Automotive said that if they put in a new or used engine and the Sorrento that I have, that it would be a good running car, And originally they quoted me that it would be between four to five thousand dollars for me to get this engine. He said it would come up.
Speaker 5: Wait, so you bought it knowing that you needed an engine?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I went there on a three. What did they have? How did they catch me?
Speaker 3: It was a Skia Sorrento right?
Speaker 4: Correct? Correct?
Speaker 3: And then and.
Speaker 5: You you went there for a used engine. How long had you owned the car?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I had owned the car for a few years, but it wasn't a car I was driving, and I.
Speaker 3: Just wanted to heay, I get it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: You wanted to refurbish this car.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to sell it. And my friend had said, well, if you put an engine in, you'll be good.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 4: We went to Eagle and they quoted me between four and five thousand dollars to shift this engine from California. Day said it only had sixty thousand miles and they said it came with a warranty. And before I agreed to that, I specifically asked them, can you assure me will just be a good running vehicle. He said, yeah, everything else looks fine. So I agreed to that, and then by the time I actually had the engine installed. I wound up paying fifty eight hundred dollars and then again, it's not my normal car. I never drive this car.
Speaker 5: By the way, Susan, when you said a lot of people say this, I asked specifically, and they assured me none of that matters unless it's a warranty.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah. Well, and here's the other problem. When he took selling the fact that it had in warranty and it was a good decision to make, it didn't disclosed that it was a third party warranty. And of course it's got a tap on it. So here's the problem. Today, after I drove the car for the second time, all the electrical came on and it didn't have power. I mean, I was able to drive it, but it's clearly not a well running engine. For the next business day, we took it back and it took them about two and a half weeks to call me back and tell me that it needs more work and bed needs it.
Speaker 3: They want me to be Is this the original place Eagle telling you this? Yes, yeah, yea, So hold on, hold on, Eagle bought you this used engine, right correct? What and you paid Eagle fifty eight hundred to do this right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, So what is the additional work? You would think that. Wait a minute, I just bought a used engine. What's the additional work?
Speaker 4: Well, it needs a timing chain, camshaft and a camshaft, a cam shat Kevin.
Speaker 5: When they buy a used engine, do they there's no, that's all part of it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's part of it. But can you guarantee it?
Speaker 6: What do you do when we install the motors at twelve twelve?
Speaker 3: Warranty twelve twelve on a used one?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, do you warranty it or or is it third party?
Speaker 6: Well, i'd buy it from a third party, but the customer's paying me, so it's my warranty to my customer.
Speaker 3: See, but did you get a warranty on this engine?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: You said it came with a warranty, and today when I called it.
Speaker 3: Kind of warranty, what do you mean?
Speaker 10: He?
Speaker 5: Hold on, He said it came with a warranty. So where's your warranty?
Speaker 4: Well, he won't give me a copy of Wait wait.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. You paid fifty eight hundred. Before you paid the fifty eight hundred, did you say, where is my warranty?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 5: I did not, Okay, So you don't know exactly what or if is he denying there's a warranty or does.
Speaker 4: He say there is a well no, he says there is a warranty. And he says that the work that he's waiting to do on the car exceeds the warranty cap on.
Speaker 3: What what is the warranty cap?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't even know. Well, let's pull up an estimate that it gave me today. It will tell me.
Speaker 5: But but see here's the other she said, timey chane or camp shift and camshaft, wow, the crocket.
Speaker 4: And the rocket. And he says it doesn't include labor. And there's thirty three hundred which he wanted to charge me to do this work. He said, it's mainly label. So I just feel that if I paid this much money that they have an obligation to give me a good run.
Speaker 6: But what does the invoice say? Does it say parts only or say you know parts of labor? What does it say you know?
Speaker 5: I know, I agree with you on principle. You spent fifty eight hundred bucks. How long did the car run?
Speaker 20: Well?
Speaker 8: And not?
Speaker 20: Well?
Speaker 4: Again, it's not a car, a drive. We drove it twice.
Speaker 3: But I mean when when was it actually done? Though? When was it actually done? This fifty eight hundred Oh, the work was.
Speaker 4: Done about a month ago.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's not that long.
Speaker 5: So in this in this month, you've never actually had it operating properly.
Speaker 4: Ever, No, No, since I paid the money, I haven't offered.
Speaker 3: Well that's not right, I mean, so, and they're telling you, sorry, Eva, even though you spent fifty eight hundred bucks. Now you need a timing chain and a camshaft. And how much do they say? How much do they say that will cost?
Speaker 4: Originally that was about thirty five hundred dollars. Now he's bring me a big favor, supposedly how much I dropped twenty eight hundred dollars. This exceeds the value of this car.
Speaker 3: No, I get it. It's terrible what you did.
Speaker 5: I'm wondering if you just go ahead and sell it the way it is, I don't know, don't for a.
Speaker 4: Thousands dollarys come? I mean, I mean, Kevin, I don't feel that they did me wrong. But I'm not disclosing the first of all, it was a third party warrant because it's cap Now you know.
Speaker 5: What that that most most warranties are third party, but they should stand behind it.
Speaker 3: Here here's what I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying, Ava, I get completely why you're upset, But if you bought a used engine without seeing the warranty, you didn't demand it. I mean, it's kind of like they said, it comes with a warranty.
Speaker 6: But I mean, according to the Repair Act, the warranty has to be on her invoice.
Speaker 3: Now what do you mean by that?
Speaker 6: She gets an invoice from the repair shop for the fifty eight hundred bucks. Yes, the warranty on all the work that they collected for has to be listed on the invoice.
Speaker 3: Don if she paid for the warranty? Is that right?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: Whatever their warranty is accord there's two days?
Speaker 3: Are you saying cobsolutely? Okay?
Speaker 5: Now hold on, Ava, does your invoice lists the warranty.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at it right now, and it says remove and replaced use enginees. Ah. Here it is your engine assembly engine has sixty eight thousand miles one year parts warranty one thousand, nine hundred and four dollars and seventy four I got yeah, so that's what I paid for that warranty?
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, so wait a minute. And it says parts and labor.
Speaker 4: No, it just says one year parts warranty. And he's telling me it doesn't include labor.
Speaker 3: Well it doesn't, it doesn't. You just read it?
Speaker 4: Yes, right, yeah, right right.
Speaker 6: That's a terrible warrant.
Speaker 4: But don't you think a local mechanic shop has an obligation and a duty that disclosed to you if they're showing you a warrant.
Speaker 3: Oh, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, I gotta go. I'm not going to hang up with you. Hang on.
Speaker 5: I got to go to another call because I got a guy who's coming on and he's the one that sold this car to Linda.
Speaker 3: And I really appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Guy, thank you so much for being on the phone with Springs Automotive. I appreciate it. You know that that Linda had problems with the engine a couple of days after she bought the car from you.
Speaker 3: Guys. You're aware of Linda.
Speaker 10: Right, I am aware of Linda. Yes, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing good? Thank you, so, Linda said. Three days after she bought it, she called you guys. The engine was bad and she paid you guys another forty eight hundred to replace it.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 10: Without getting into all the details. No, that is not correct.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, here's what she says. She paid forty eight hundred bucks. And I thought, you know what, you buy a car as is, you take your chances. But it seems really weird that that engine only lasted three days. Again, it's if it was as is, and it wasn't something you guys knew about or hid from her.
Speaker 3: I told her sometimes that happens.
Speaker 5: But what I'm really concerned about is not even that she paid forty eight hundred dollars and you guys put a used engine in, she says, And it was put in in such a bad way that we have a mechanic who has the car now in North Dakota, and he's telling us that the previous installation of this engine caused damage to the turbo and other things. And now, even though the warranty company sent a pretty good replacement engine.
Speaker 3: By the way, that's really good.
Speaker 5: They sent a good replacement engine, he said, she needs other parts that were damaged during the initial installation of the first engine.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense.
Speaker 10: I'm not too familiar with what with the shop that the vehicle is at. Well, I have not heard that story yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, the shop where it's at.
Speaker 5: I don't know him guy, but he seems like he doesn't sound like he's trying to put her together. He's saying, Look, the replacement engine's fine, but I can't just bolt it in now because we got some damaged parts. And those parts were damaged in the original installation. In the previous installation, he can tell they overtrque stuff, they did some stuff, and he said that guy who put in that engine should be responsible for these damaged parts in his opinion. And then she also said she had a warranty that was for labor and parts. But the guy in North Dakota said that you guys told him or someone told him, they're not paying for labor.
Speaker 10: I believe the warranty that came with that repair was a thirty day labor ninety day parts. That's why they did provide engine to the service facility in North Dakota.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on a second.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, And by the way, we're happy she at least got a replacement engine.
Speaker 3: But Linda, did you see that it says thirty days labor.
Speaker 4: No know, it says on the invoice, go ahead, and.
Speaker 3: I just read it. Just read it, Linda, please just read it.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'm pulling it up again. I'm gonna take thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: Okay. Well, here's here's the point.
Speaker 9: It says twelve months, one year or twelve thousand miles for what on the engine?
Speaker 3: Does it say parts in labor? What does it say? You read it to it? Well, read it, just read it.
Speaker 9: I'm trying to pull it up, Tom.
Speaker 3: Okay, and do you know what warrantyer's referencing?
Speaker 1: Guy?
Speaker 10: You know what I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering if you could you know, I listen. I just want to say this.
Speaker 5: I respect the fact that you even came on, and I was wondering if you could just help us get through this. This poor woman has a car stranded in North Dakota, in North Dakota that she bought.
Speaker 3: From you guys, and and she didn't even complain about spending five grand to replace the engine three days later. And certainly there certainly people should be able to help her.
Speaker 10: I mean I would think so, but I mean, well, right, do.
Speaker 5: You know, did you guys do that previous installation that that that first installation for five grand, did you guys do it or forty eight hundred.
Speaker 10: We did do the We did put a used engine and did the labor. But it did not cost her five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay, why is she saying it cost her forty.
Speaker 9: Eight hundred forty eight hundred.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure why she's saying that it didn't cost her forty eight hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: What did What did it cost her?
Speaker 10: I would have to get to.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll never mind if you can't do it now, that's fine, Linda, Listen, We're just trying to get to the bottom of this.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: So you know you got a dealer who got an engine. They sent a replacement. I mean, it's not like they're ghosting you. We just need to figure out something here because if their installation, if it did damage to the turbo, I don't think you should have to burn that cost.
Speaker 3: I mean, but I don't know. He's got to look into it.
Speaker 5: We just he's really we cold called him, Okay, so he was kind enough to come on. He'll look into it, and then guy, we would love to call you back and we can do it off the air. If you want, but we're just trying to find a solution for her. And if you could dig out that invoice on how much he paid for that engine, it would really help us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: No, absolutely, And I have been in communication with Linda, as has my general manager and my used car manager and my service manager. So he we're very familiar with the situation and the the install and all of that.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Linda, just let's let's give him a little while to look this up and maybe you can give him we can reconnect on Monday, okay, Linda. Hey, Kachina, would you make a note of that please for Linda.
Speaker 3: We got more right after this.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your trouble shooter three zero three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So now we're back to Ava. So Ava dealt with Eagle Automotive and Kevin trying to get to the bottom of her story.
Speaker 3: Bottom line is what do you think she she she took her surrento in. She bought this used engine fifty eight hundreds.
Speaker 6: Basicly, the motor is defective, you know from jump. But what the warrant is is terrible. I've never seen a part's only warranty and then a cap on top of that.
Speaker 7: Never.
Speaker 3: But she didn't explore it beforehand.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, unfortunately, now I don't know anything about Eagle Transmission and Diesel.
Speaker 3: They're in Parker. I don't know about them. Ava.
Speaker 5: Do you know, I mean, really, do you feel her good people? Or do they seem I mean, tell me what your impressions are. How did you find them?
Speaker 4: Well, found them through a car that is ended the mail and basically they're offering you a free second opinion. So I don't know. Maybe they have the track record of doing this, but I just feel that this is a really unjust situation, particularly when he's telling me.
Speaker 5: I would feel weird too if I had an engine put in a month earlier or two months earlier, and I penned fifty eight hundred bucks, and now they're telling me it needs all this stuff. I mean, I mean, well, they're not saying but see Kevin, they are not denying.
Speaker 3: Her the warranty. They're just saying that she has to pay labor.
Speaker 6: But it's just a warranty. That's it's a lose lose for the customer. That a win win for him. He never has to pay anything.
Speaker 3: But she knew it. It was on her invoice.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 4: No, the way he presented it, he made it believable is that it will have a one year warranty. You know your car will be in good running condition. All I wanted to do was all this vehicle.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, okay, but it under warranty. The labor's not included. I know that sucks. But they are going to replace the parts? Am I right on that?
Speaker 4: Yes? But he says it doesn't cover all the parts. Is it's exceeded the as the capit?
Speaker 3: Oh, there's no. No. In addition to the parts, there's a cap that does suck.
Speaker 6: Just kind of curious. What year is it.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a two thousand and nine Tia Sorrento. So when they originally quoted the price of under five between four and five thousand, I was willing to do it based on a friend's judgment on what I could sell it for. But this doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure you should put any more money in it.
Speaker 4: No, I can't. I can't sell it for a thousand dollars. And I looked at my invoice. I paid five nine dollars to have a good car that's running. And now he wants to know the thirty three How long has that.
Speaker 3: Car been sitting around.
Speaker 4: By the way, Oh, for a couple of years.
Speaker 5: Okay, so now for her to get it running, you have to spend another three grand.
Speaker 4: No, he brought it down to let's see, he's going to drop his labor down to twenty eight hundred, so close to three cawn. It's a ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: Can you call in Scott, Scott, call in man. He just said this is different than the story he got.
Speaker 4: Well, it's in the same story all the time. I mean, it's real simple. Maybe though he didn't understand some of the facts.
Speaker 5: But well, he's listening to this. Okay, I'd like him to call. I'd like him to call, but listen. All I can say is, I don't know. I don't know what to do. I mean, she she walked into it. It's on her invoice.
Speaker 3: You can't force him to fix it just because. I mean, but what about the used engine to begin with? Where why would it have all this trouble in the beginning.
Speaker 6: It's hard to tell, but I mean that's why there's warranties, because there are problems with parts on occasion. But like I said, that's that's the scourious warranty I've ever heard of.
Speaker 3: You know, look at ava.
Speaker 5: You may not want to hear this, but if you think you're in the right, you go to small claims court and sue them for this, but you're going to lose.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a technicality. It's like you bought something and you got what you bought and it sucks.
Speaker 5: It really does. I mean, I mean it really does. Who would expect how many miles on this used engine? Did they say, Well, that is the timing chain area for some engine.
Speaker 6: That's one hundred thousand on most Okay, yeah, that's not that wouldn't be concerned with the mileags.
Speaker 3: But are we sure they're telling you the truth on what it needs?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, is your car immobile at their place? You can't drive it.
Speaker 4: But they haven't completely taken apart. At this point, I don't know what to do. Do I throw it out of there? I can't sell it for a thousand dollars and according to them, it's going to take Well, he'll drop the price down to twenty eight hundreds to have it a working engine. I mean, how can he do it?
Speaker 1: The customer?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if they're doing it.
Speaker 5: I don't think they purposely went out and found an engine that was bad and put it in there.
Speaker 3: They bought this warranty.
Speaker 5: Now, granted, the warranty sucks, and I don't know why they would do a warranty like that. I want to wait for Deputy Dollar to call in hold on. I want to get his perspective, Yvonne. I'll take you right after this go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three two five five. Yvonne, you have a comment on open garages when I said I went around and I would close my neighbor's doors.
Speaker 3: What's going on with you?
Speaker 13: Well, bless your heart, and it's all about pay it forward. You've been in Denver a long time. I lost my brother, his wife and their young their oldest daughter back in nineteen eighty four because the garage door is open. Somebody walked in and murdered them.
Speaker 3: Oh my, the youngest.
Speaker 13: Girl has been She lived, but she's kind of been a wrecker. Whole life beca tram and the damage.
Speaker 3: What a terrible story. Holy crap.
Speaker 13: You know it's not about losing things, losing you can't replace.
Speaker 3: Wow. So Yvonne was that in the news years ago.
Speaker 13: Yes, it was that happened out in Aurora nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 3: Nineteen eighty four, I would have been here. What was the case called? I mean, if you don't mind talking about it, what was it?
Speaker 13: The hammer murders?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 5: My god, yes, yes, yes, yes, I remember that. I didn't know someone lived. I didn't realize that. Do you know I had heard a rumor. I had heard a rumor that in some of the investigating they found the imprint of what looked like I know this sounds barbaric, but where he was leaning over hitting with a hammer, they found an imprint of a belt buckle.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 13: I sports details out of my head. It was a cat and he's in prison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it wasn't the Broncos, and that was one of the leads.
Speaker 5: Anyway, God, this is terrible. Anyway, So did you raise now was this your brother?
Speaker 13: You said, yes, my middle brother.
Speaker 3: Did you raise the girl?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 13: My mother did? Okay, So, but Vanessa is forty two now, so she's off on her own.
Speaker 3: Was she in the home when it happened?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 3: Does she remember?
Speaker 13: You would have died if if my mom hadn't found or the fire department had found her. When they did, she would not have survived.
Speaker 3: Did she remember it what happened? No?
Speaker 13: She was only three. Oh, thank god she remembers nothing. Holy wow again, bless you for doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure. And you're right, Vaughn, You're right.
Speaker 5: It's way more It's way more important than bicycles and stuff. Uh, Deputy Dollar, So Ava said, look, I have a warranty.
Speaker 10: Shouldn't have?
Speaker 3: I think her main argument, Dollar.
Speaker 5: Is that she realizes the warranty now is labor only and it has a cap on it. But she says, shouldn't they have had a halfway decent engine to start with? Did she make that argument with you? Did you call the place?
Speaker 20: Yeah, Tom, I talked to her. I think, you know, like Ego Transmission is a shop that even Jeff picks that these guys are pretty good people. I've been working with a friend of hers, his name is Ted, and I have not spoken with Ava, so okay, but really and truly, at the end of the day, it's she only had the parts warranty and not a labor warranty. And in fact, they were going to call Ted or I mean he was called Kevin yesterday and see how much he would charge like to do this.
Speaker 1: Disrepair?
Speaker 3: It's the timing belt, and also they can yes, well roughly would that cost?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's too vague. We need to get a little more detail on it. Why didn't you just give her, you know, just send her another motor and then pay the labor to put that in?
Speaker 20: Well, well, I think they that's what they want to do.
Speaker 6: But no, they're trying to piece together in the motor that we have.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, dollar, you're saying they would send another engine if she pays the labor to.
Speaker 3: Put it in.
Speaker 20: That's what I've been told.
Speaker 3: Well, that wouldn't be twenty eight hundred, would it?
Speaker 6: No, it shouldn't be.
Speaker 20: Well, I I don't know, Kevin. Did they call you yesterday?
Speaker 6: No? I didn't get any calls.
Speaker 3: What would you tell? What do you think it would cost to install the engine? Approximately?
Speaker 6: You know, between fifteen hundred and two grand? You know typically you.
Speaker 5: Know that might be dollar That might be an approach to take. They send her another engine instead of fixing this one with this, I don't know, unless they have the choice not to.
Speaker 3: I don't know ava would did they ever say they would send another engine for you.
Speaker 4: No, that was never et.
Speaker 5: No, but that's something, listen, we ought to explore that. Maybe Deputy Dollar ought to ask, look, guys, can we get an engine since it's under warranty and then you would save a ton of money getting an engine installed than trying to repair the engine.
Speaker 4: Could be it depends on what they want to charge me for the new installation.
Speaker 5: No, Kevin's saying it might be fifteen to eighteen hundred Kevin here, So I mean, listen, that's one thing we have to explore.
Speaker 3: We have to take this break.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance pay too much your coverage had dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven to one three talk. Let's talk to Janet. What's happening with you? Janet? Janet, Hi, what's what's going on?
Speaker 18: Well, as we speak, I have a technician here who's working on a whale in heating and cooling unit in my uh condominium. And while he was installing the thermostat, the motor started to smoke and is now fried.
Speaker 5: Woah wait wait while he was working on the thermostat.
Speaker 18: Yes, he had installed a thermist tack that thought everything was good to go, turned it on. Who's starting to put the numbers in and all of a sudden we smell smoke and there's my living room is filled with smoke, and he believes the motor is fried.
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, I don't know what in a thermostat which is low voltage, could burn up a motor. They're not connected technically. I know it sounds like they are, but they're not. Unless this is not a really old installation, right.
Speaker 18: Yeah, these were installed fifty years ago.
Speaker 5: Oh wait wait wait, okay, because they could have been high voltage, Kevin, that could have been the old kind.
Speaker 3: So wait a minute, I'm just trying to think this technician is he saying it's coincidental. What is he saying?
Speaker 18: He doesn't know. He works for a place called Mount Mechanical that went bankrupt and now he independently does jobs in this building. I don't even know if he's a licensed.
Speaker 5: Oh god, so you have to figure out. Oh so now what when? So the motor that for the blower for both your air.
Speaker 3: And your heat is out now right? Yeah? But is this an individual unit for your condo? Did you say it was a condo?
Speaker 18: No, it's it's it's common property. Everyone has a heating and air conditioning. They're a stack. That's a twenty story comminium.
Speaker 3: I get it. But you each have your own in your own room, in your own.
Speaker 18: But it's connected to all the others.
Speaker 3: It's no, I don't get what you're saying. It's connected to all the others.
Speaker 18: Well if mine is individually controlled. But the heat, the pipes come from down in the basement of the building, the heating and cooling, the chillers, and we all share the same water that goes through the pipe.
Speaker 3: You all share the same blowers.
Speaker 5: No, no, you each have your own blowers or air movers, right, yes, okay, No, I get it.
Speaker 3: That is an old system.
Speaker 5: So the central you have sent heating and air but it's individually, but your air movers move it through your place.
Speaker 9: Correct.
Speaker 3: Oh this is a highly specialized Oh this is going to be terrible. So what were you asking if someone knows how to service that?
Speaker 18: Well, I think there might be somebody else who does this. Gentleman has been doing it.
Speaker 3: Here's the problem. You're going to have a big problem trying to find someone who will service a condo like that, because most of the ones we have don't do that.
Speaker 5: Holy crap. Hold on a second. We got to give this some thought. I don't know what to tell her. We're going to figure it out.
Speaker 3: Hold on,