Speaker 1: This is WBZ, Boston's news radio. We defining local news. Good morning kids at six o'clock on a Wednesday morning, and we've got clear skies in thirty eight degrees in Boston this morning. The News at six brought to us by your new England Toyota Dealer, your hybrid all wheel drive headquarters. Thanks for being here today. I'm Jeff Brown. Guess what It's the final full day of winter.
Speaker 2: Lots of sunshine and iyear fifty of the city, but approaching sixty.
Speaker 3: Well Inland.
Speaker 1: A's WBZ acky weather meteorologist Joe Lundberg. The Spring equinoxes tomorrow just before sunrise, but rain is going to be on our parade tomorrow. It's hot and getting hotter on planet Earth. Scientists say twenty twenty four set the standard for heat, eclipsing the prior high water mark set just the year before, and experts say the past ten years have been the ten hottest on record on two centuries of record keeping. The World Media or a Loge organization, says that's never happened before. Researchers say the annual report finds the extra energy in the atmosphere and the world's oceans continues to fuel climate related disasters all around the globe. The worst kept secret in the nation's money lending industry comes this afternoon. The consensus is interest rates will be left alone. The Federal Reserve will break from a two day monetary policy meeting today. Chair Jerome Powell will break the news at two o'clock this afternoon. The Fed is indicated it is still on track to cut interest rates later this year, but inflation has been stubborn, and many economists warn President Trump's tariff policies will make inflation worse in the months to come. The fight between state lawmakers and the state auditor continues. Voters in Massachusetts have already spoken their minds, and they're doing it again.
Speaker 2: Not only does a recent poll show people want Auditor Diana Dezaglio to be able to look into the legislature's finances, but they also want the Attorney General to get involved. The survey of eight hundred likely voters showed eighty one percent support Andrea Campbell and forcing the law to audit the legislature. Around eight percent said they don't think the ag should get involved. This comes as dos Auglio continues to face pushback from House and Senate Democrats who've expressed concerns around constitutional separation of powers at the State House. James Rojas w b Z, Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: Celtics struggle early but pull away from the nets for their third straight win. This at the Garden. There off until Friday night. Ruins are off till tomorrow night. And Red Sox Tigers in spring training baseball this afternoon in Fort Myers. Look who's here. Wbz's Drew m'hollands, which brings you here this morning?
Speaker 4: Brackets?
Speaker 3: Baby?
Speaker 1: Oh there it is March Madness bracket new yours yet?
Speaker 4: Uh no, okay, well you got time to go out time. Yeah, but the first two are in Jeffrey as March Madness begins with a bang. Here we go North Carolina smoking San Diego State late night, quieting all the doubters. But the game of the night was Alabama State and Saint Francis can I set the scene. Tie game final seconds. Alabama State has to go the length of the floor.
Speaker 3: Point four seconds left, and here we go.
Speaker 1: This is where dreams are made.
Speaker 4: It off for at all.
Speaker 1: Samson a homelan played at the Flexhoh.
Speaker 4: Winter Winter Hell Mary Paper.
Speaker 1: It is getting started on the right flesh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you see this? The ball bounces around, guy catches it under the hoop lay.
Speaker 1: In for the game when some of the early the experts, Yeah, brackets are already busted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well you know you still have.
Speaker 1: Time to make yours, though the first four isn't really We've got clear skies in thirty eight degrees this morning, and today is going to feature more sunshine than clouds. It is also the final full day of winter. Temperatures will be in the lower fifties here in the Boston area. Some inland locations will get very close to sixty degrees, but if your travels again take you to the Cape and Islands, it looks like you were going to be stuck in the forties overnight tonight it's going to be clouding up and some drizzle is moving into the area. The Spring Equinox arrive arrives just after five am tomorrow, and unfortunately, it looks like it's going to rain on our parade tomorrow as we jump once again into the fifties. Friday features a colder blast of air coming in. Highs will only be in the forties, mix the sun and clouds to wrap up the workweek, though right now in Boston, thirty eight clear skies at six oh five on this Wednesday morning. If you know, you know, and one in four American adults do know they suffer from lower back pain, and a new study finds there's not much we can do about it.
Speaker 3: It's a condition that mystifies doctors with no clear cause, but it's a leading contributor to disability around the world. The results of this study in this week's medical journal BMG Evidence Based Medicine finds acupuncture, massage, even opioids do little to ease the pain. The silver lining comes in over the counter treatment. Scientists say ibuprofen or aspirin is an effective treatment and acute cases in the short term, experts say some short term relief can be found at chiropractors or with exercise, but in all cases the benefits are small. Jay will Lett WBZ, Boston's news radio or bird flew.
Speaker 1: To worry about health officials say the first outbreak of the eight seven and nine strain in eight years has arrived at the poultry farm in Mississippi. Sciences say this version is distinct from the current av and flu that has resulted in the culling of more than one hundred million birds and the US and has infected dozens of humans. Now Here in Boston. We check the pulse of the city. You worried about it.
Speaker 5: They're not too worried.
Speaker 1: Not really. We're looking up to so many days.
Speaker 4: I'm aware of it, but not really nervous, though not.
Speaker 1: I don't think much of it.
Speaker 5: Since it was first detected a dozen years ago, the age seven strain has killed nearly forty percent of all humans that have been infected, according to the World Health Organization. Through the agency said it doesn't transmit easily from person to person. This is the first outbreak of this particular strain on US soil since twenty seventeen. Chris Falman WBZ, Boston's.
Speaker 1: News radio and in Mega Millions, no jackpots in the winning bid last night. The jackpots in the nation's top lottery games therefore continue to grow again. No winner Mega Millions last night. Friday's drawing will be worth three hundred and twenty five million dollars. And remember, ticket prices and your chance to win both improve with some Mega Million changes coming up next month. It's also been a while since anyone's hit the Powerball too. Tonight's jackpot rings in at more than four hundred million dollars. You are now in the loop for news updates throughout the day. Listen to WBZ News Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Jeff Brown, WBZ, Boston's news radio