Speaker 1: You're watching Chewing the Cud with River Scott and Nikki.
Speaker 2: Taylor, and I shouldn't laugh because he did die. Oh hello, you're watching Chewing the Cud, your lighthearted weekly look at the world through a pair of rainbow into glasses. I'm River Scott and with me today it's someone with more strings to their bow than an orchestra. It's the delightful Mickey Taylor. Hello, Mickey, Hello, darling. Are you I am very well? How are you? My love?
Speaker 1: Alive? Barely thriving, but we're good.
Speaker 2: You look very alive. You're looking fantastic.
Speaker 1: Do my best?
Speaker 3: Thank you for this old thing.
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't call you old while you're doing in striking distance Anywho'm in the.
Speaker 3: Thirties now now, Oh I'm sorry an old hat at this now?
Speaker 2: Oh, anyway, what have you got for us this week?
Speaker 1: So today I am bringing you a story about a revamped musical. Then we are going to play a game, which will be very good fun, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure, and then Mickey will be telling us all about what they've been up to in spotlight. But on screen now you can see our contact details. It's at the cud TV on your social media's If you want to catch up with previous episodes, you can, of course bingers on the YouTube. Just search for Chewing the Cud.
Speaker 1: You can see the names of people who have reached out and touched our souls going along the bottom of the screen.
Speaker 3: But now it is time for river in the showbiz.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you ready for some beers what we call.
Speaker 1: Show Bring it on.
Speaker 2: First up, Adam Lambert cast in Jesus Christ Superstar as Judas against Cynthia's surname. I'm going to mispronounce, thank you very much. So, yeah, Adam Lambert in Jesus Christ Superstar.
Speaker 1: There is I mean Jesus Christ. Oh that's a sexy Jesus.
Speaker 2: I mean he's Judas, he's the piece.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's even better because everyone likes a hot villain. Yeah, that's true, Like if you're going hot villain, like, that's a hot villain.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, I've never actually seen Jesus Christ Superstar, so I don't know if it's supposed to be like much like Wicked where the villain actually becomes the hero. I don't know because I've not seen it. But either way, I mean, how much of that is airbrushing a makeup though, Like I want to see him first thing in the morning when he stumbles out of some twink's bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's remove the season one filter and then see what they both look like now.
Speaker 2: And Cynthia Darlin, I'm not sure about that dress, but she's going through the green era, right, Oh is this a wicked thing?
Speaker 1: Everything she's been wearing is green, so that will be probably a resent one. Yet let the oscars are behind.
Speaker 2: I mean, it feels like that bow could just detach much nice look. That color is a bit ming the merciless.
Speaker 3: Then you called the center and then it comes out like a do.
Speaker 2: They Oh nice? That would be nice, like a slanket you just like, ready you sit down in your seat, just delightful, sexy. But yeah, I think maybe I really like her look. But that collar with her with a shaved head does have some ming the merciless about it.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I'm supporting shave heads, so don't start coming for shaved heads.
Speaker 2: The color, it's more the color.
Speaker 3: It is lovely, but it's very much witch's collar, isn't it?
Speaker 1: So that it's all time together? Darling?
Speaker 2: Anyway, From from one magic practitioner to another back to Jesus, which means Jesus. Is she playing Jesus maybe.
Speaker 3: Because she's also going to be Dracula soon, isn't she?
Speaker 2: Is she?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: She is. There's a voice in my ear telling me she is playing Jesus.
Speaker 3: Which Jesus, she's playing you, lovely?
Speaker 2: So a black female Jesus. How exciting?
Speaker 1: Oh God, can't wait for all the anger about that one.
Speaker 2: Is she one of ours? Is she queer?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: She's now Alice's got a wife.
Speaker 2: I believe, yes, that is going to be You've married someone in the same gender. That's not allis that's just generally being one of us?
Speaker 1: It will be the gayest retelling of the Bible.
Speaker 2: So yeah, a black lesbian Jesus.
Speaker 3: Fantastic And Adam Lambert.
Speaker 2: Bless him. Apparently Lambert's involvement adds to the production's progressive casting choices. Do we consider him quite?
Speaker 3: Isn't it more progressive to have Cynthia?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, yeah, they've already ticked all those boxes, like maybe.
Speaker 3: They still think she's green.
Speaker 2: I don't know either way. So yeah, how how do you think such casting choices can influence these kind of productions? And is there anyone that you'd like to see playing any particular role in future.
Speaker 1: I'd love to play Mary.
Speaker 2: You love to play Mary.
Speaker 1: Well, if Stanley Tucci's allowed to play gay for the rest of his life, I'm allowed to play Mary.
Speaker 2: I was actually quite sad to find out that he's straight, like.
Speaker 3: He's he didn't know that for years.
Speaker 2: He does a good gay daddy.
Speaker 1: I had no idea and the and I saw an because his cousin or like, he's married in with Emily Blunt. Now I went round to see him and the wife.
Speaker 3: I went wife, and that's how I found.
Speaker 2: Out, because he did that whole cocktail making thing over Lockdown and everyone blush.
Speaker 1: And he's a very good cook as well.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'm sure he is. Anyway, enough about we were again. We just don't want to talk about Adam Lumber a little bit.
Speaker 3: I love Adam.
Speaker 2: I've never met him. I'm sure he's fine. I bet he smells nice. It seems like one of the people who uses too much after shave.
Speaker 3: You know, I've probably stole Simon's out of his dressing room years ago.
Speaker 2: But he definitely has the vibe of someone who if you got in a lift after we got out, you'd be like, because it's just it just lingers anyway, crashing on. Abigail Thorne has landed a major new action role. Okay, yeah, I know, there she is. Look, that's her finding out apparently maybe she looks yeah.
Speaker 1: Shook's thrilled. It was a good paycheck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well she was on House of the Dragon, which I know.
Speaker 1: Yes she is, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, cool.
Speaker 2: She she's secured a significant action role in an upcoming project. We appear to be being a little bit shy about what it is she's actually doing, but never mind.
Speaker 3: So she's the weirdos are getting some good casting at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well she's She's currently undergoing intensive training, including boxing, sword fighting, and diving in preparation for the role. Could she be the next James Bond?
Speaker 3: Well, I've heard, like, so you know what's her name? Charlie's from?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she has like a great fighting in stunting because she does quite a lot of the punch and whack films, hasn't she. But apparently like when it comes to the women, she actually helps a lot of them get through it and like helps them find like the stunt teams and the fighting people because like she wants more women in action roles, and same with Viola Davis as well.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine Viola Davis doing a lot of punchy fighties. I would love to see.
Speaker 1: She is in The Woman King.
Speaker 3: Fantastic, so good.
Speaker 2: So yeah again we're we're. The mystery of this role deepens even slightly in that it's notable as a role not specifically written for a trans woman. I mean that shouldn't be noticable, like trans women can play anyone. Again, progressive casting. It seems to be a theme on today's things.
Speaker 1: Noticing actually there's a quite more like trans people getting more leading roles, which is quite good as they should because you've got the beautiful young lady from Euphoria. Yes, she's just got a bunch of roles. She was in The mocking Jay. She was very good in that.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that, but that was fantastic. But it's good to see all the quidos getting better roles. Speaking of which, both Mickey and I are available if you've got any parts you need filling.
Speaker 3: If you need me to play Mary, I will do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, when have you said no? Next? Okay, Story three Sebastian Stan Yeah, we like him and Leo Woodall whose who I don't know but still doesn't know the name. One of them is fine. They're going to play lovers in.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I saw this in the news this morning because he was in what's it called The White Lotus.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, of course. I mean he looks like he's just woken up. There. Someone needs to give him a slap before they took that picture.
Speaker 1: But trying to kill Jennifer Coolidge, well, which.
Speaker 3: Is a shame she's but I can't kill her. She's one of the world's wall crackses.
Speaker 2: That's true. But there they are. Can you imagine them going at it? As soon you'd be able to watch them going at it, I suppose, depending on WAT channel.
Speaker 1: And we're down imagining. No, yeah, I think that'd be great. Like I just watched the New Thunderbolts actually, and he was really good in it. Like I do like his movies, Like he's in one where he's a cannibal, which is very strange, and then he just did the one where he plays the man that has it, the Elephant Man. Oh okay, yeah, he does some very strange roles, like he played Donald Trump recently, like he goes for roles that are quite challenging.
Speaker 2: I like that though. It's nice when you get an actor who's going to do stuff that seems fun, rather than just like Tom Cruise who just.
Speaker 3: Plays the same role in everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it always runs everywhere. It's very weird anyway. Burning Rainbow which sounds like a disease. Sorry, Burning Rainbow Farm which doesn't sound a lot, but never mind. Yeah, they're going to be lovers in a true life thriller. Apparently it's based on a two thousand and six book, and it chronicles the story of Tom Crosslin and Rolli Rome, a gay couple who opened a pro marijuana festival site in Michigan.
Speaker 3: Oh it sounds very a twenty four, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's a dramatic siege. Is like the story Oh by the word climax, the big Bit.
Speaker 1: So there's a bit Tarantino in some areas, the gay Tarantino.
Speaker 2: Apparently the film aims to shed light on LGBTQ plus rights, government overreach and the war on drugs. So queer's getting high and fighting the government, which I think we can all agree with. Yeah, yeah, winning more drugs don't. I mean you speak, yes, no, we do. Yeah, more drugs all round. But yeah, it's it's good. I mean, like you said, like we said, they've both done gay roles queer roles before, which is nice. Yeah, and yeah good that they're comfortable in it and having a nice time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I've been comfortable in it for thirty two years, so it's nice they're joining.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. I mean, which is which one would you rather have as your hot screen lover? You want him? Yeah, this one does look a bit dozy.
Speaker 1: This one's giving Henry cavill adjacent than the closest I'd get to Henry Cavell the better.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can imagine you between him and Henry Cavill. I think man witch, Yeah, filling in their love sandwich, painfully single. And I think on that note, we should probably crash on because it's going to get X rated quite quickly.
Speaker 1: So many queer people, so little time. But thank you very much for that river.
Speaker 2: Stick around because coming up next we have Mickey and the Buzz. Welcome back. You are watching Chewing the Coud. This is the part of the show where we look into fun parts of the Internet, depending on how you define fun with Mickey in the buzz.
Speaker 3: Today, we have a few things.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? Are you excited?
Speaker 2: I am ready?
Speaker 1: Hit me, watch me prove that I can read. I feel like Leah Michelle.
Speaker 2: Although she never actually proved she could read.
Speaker 1: She did in the end. So one of the topics we've got today is inside Japan's love hotels, hooking up in a giant whale, darling whal. Yeah, it's very jeronal in the play. Well, it's very religious on nose.
Speaker 2: Yeah there is.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a real whale.
Speaker 2: It's pink. Yet everywhere, don't they it's not screaming sexy? Is it? No? Also hidden among Tokyo's how do you hide that? I don't think they're hiding that. I think that's fairly obvious. Japan's love hotels. What's a love hotel? Is that basically just somewhere you take a sex worker for an hour's worth of fun times.
Speaker 1: No no, no so love hotels also known as rabu hotelu, which is a short stay accommodation designed for privacy and intimacy. So of course you could take a lady of the night or man. We don't judge a lady or you take like a significant other or insignificant just for an hour or two.
Speaker 2: That's quite handy. You have to imagine that the sheets will be wipe clean, because otherwise the laundry bills will be enormous.
Speaker 3: We just get the plastic ones, don't you a bit of debthhole?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Quick white with a with a bleach done a pledge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd slide right off the good yeah, windex right awash. So these establishments often feature extravagant, extravagant themes. You're probably looking at Elvis rooms and space rooms and stuff like that, including designs resembling castles, seeking UFOs pirate ships, gingerbread houses, and even a massive pink wed with a gaping mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm uncomfortable with the use of the word gaping in that center.
Speaker 1: I didn't write a jag. I didn't write it.
Speaker 2: What would be your what would what would be a theme of choice for you? Because I'm a massive nerd, so I'd go for like a sci fi kind of you.
Speaker 3: I don't want like Pokemon, do you?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't want with eyes, I don't want like I don't want things staring at me. Well, you just put you off your rhythm, you want, you want, but what would.
Speaker 3: You have the spaceship from Alien?
Speaker 2: Spaceships from Alien? Or like with the pod thing or.
Speaker 1: The death Star death Star? You really want to have sex and the death Star, don't you?
Speaker 2: On the conference table.
Speaker 1: Disturbing a D two beeping around in the corner antony condoms as you.
Speaker 2: Maybe I've got a vibrate setting on that like opens doors, you know. So I'm not sorry, Sorry, we're not sorry.
Speaker 1: So French photographer for a.
Speaker 3: French photographer, Francois Prost, who were.
Speaker 1: Set me up there documented these unique hotels in Project Love Hotel, highlighting their surreal and kitchy architecture.
Speaker 2: I bet he did, And that is a good That is a really good blag that I need to go to all of these different love hotels. It's for work. Can I have some money please? Yes, just bring the receipts.
Speaker 3: Imagine trying to explain that to the tax office.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean I wonder if he gets his clap clinic visits on expenses as well, or if he has to pay for them himself.
Speaker 3: I mean, a wise man would.
Speaker 2: I love the idea though?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good for him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it's all discreet. They have little checking processes, usually by touch screens or vending machines to get the keys pop out and stuff, just to keep like anonymity, which is good.
Speaker 2: That's really we should start one of those around here. I don't know how work good it'd do, but you know, worth a try.
Speaker 1: It does give a new feeling to ab BnB or just be AIRBB, wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeahs B and B, which is basically just I've got room, if you want it, let's have sex. Yeah. I think it's not that that. It's pretty much the logo the tagline for mister B and B, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I saw one once and like you just drive in with your car and then you part and then it's the rooms next door.
Speaker 2: So it's all very like, that's all garage love, that's that's that's okay, don't.
Speaker 1: Not mention I'm living in my mum's carriage now. But no, Yeah, they just they're basically they're just to keep people anonymous and just give them a bit of a hideaway. I suppose no.
Speaker 2: More getting bent over the bends around the back of a weatherspoons.
Speaker 1: Speaking from experience, it's a bit warmer then go doing down the canal, isn't it?
Speaker 3: So the next one we have for you?
Speaker 1: Are you ready for this one too?
Speaker 2: I mean I embraced hang on.
Speaker 3: So two men have gone viral.
Speaker 1: Oh dear again, but this time is the kissing at the announcement of the new pope?
Speaker 2: What why? I mean if that could be anywhere, anyone anywhere? Like this person the person next to them looks like a cardboard cut out that doesn't look like a real person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's going to be a mist for before we know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two men go viral for casually kissing announcencement of the new pope. That just means I think, were they just bored waiting for whatever and we're just having a quick snog? Like or are they actually happy queers that now we've got American pope who's really transphobic and horrble.
Speaker 1: I think people are taking it more in a protest each way, because obviously the new pope is very much.
Speaker 2: Not on ass allide, unlike all the other popes have.
Speaker 3: Now I'm canny, isn't it.
Speaker 2: All right? So they've gone they've gone viral for a quick snog? Was this where do we know where this was?
Speaker 1: At the Vaticans, So it's being seen as a symbol of love and defiance in a traditionally conservative setting.
Speaker 2: All right, yep, do with that as you will, fair enough, why not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't understand how in the modern day we're still getting blurry pictures.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, let's let's get some four K on that ship.
Speaker 1: You see people rob something outside a test and I'm like, why is it blurry everything? I've never seen a phone under ten eighty And like the.
Speaker 2: Self check I do. I have a good time checking myself out on those cameras because you look really good.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: No, no, not fish islands, not this face. But social media has been using it to celebrate the act of comments praising the couple's authenticity and garage, which is very nice. But yeah, this is one actually I didn't know too much about because when it comes to religion and politics, I just try and steer clear because it's all very depressing at the moment. It's just like everyone's like, because I know that the new pope's American, and then everyone's like, oh, I'm an American pope.
Speaker 3: That's anti OGBT. Why are we shocked? Like why are we shocked?
Speaker 2: From Chicago or something.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, but yeah, his name is Pope Leo. But yeah, so it's become quite a talking point at the moment. But yeah, good on though, No.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, get your snugs where you can. We'll be dead soon anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you want to share something with us, why not tag us in We are at the cut TV on social media And now it is time for story three of the week.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? I am tingling good to me?
Speaker 1: So, Salt Lake City designates LGBT Pride flags as the official flag to skirt the state law. Oh yes, skirt the skate laws.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were banning the Republicans were banning like pride flags. But now they've made them the official flag of the of the state. Was it no the city to make them official? That's nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cute.
Speaker 2: What's the is the flowery bit the Salt Lake City bit? Then? I think, so, yeah, I think that's the like actual does it look a little bit like a bum hoole to you or is that just me?
Speaker 1: I think it looks more like those Tudor roses. You remember there was a white one in the red wine.
Speaker 2: Remember that.
Speaker 3: That's me doing history, Like, did you just see history. Come on now.
Speaker 1: Well, so Utah enacted a law beginning the display of non sanctioned flags, including lgbt.
Speaker 3: Pride flags, on government property.
Speaker 1: So to circumvent this, they have designed a prize flat prize flag.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a prize, and a Pride flag.
Speaker 1: They've designated the Pride flag as the city emblem, allowing the continued display, which I actually think is really nice.
Speaker 2: That is nice, especially from like Salt Lake City and Utah, which is a fairly they're very keen on their religion down that way. It's where the Mormons are.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, well they'll do any they'll do anything to make people like them. So the city introduced the new flag design. That's the Seagull Lily, which is the Utah state flower, the right good to know, with elements of the LGBTQ plus and transgender Pride flags. These designs were unanimously approved by the city cancel, which is also really nice as well.
Speaker 3: Quite at least it wasn't like a fifty five to forty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's quite some old coot who just doesn't want to join in. They've actually done it, all of them on side. That's really nice. And they've done Salt Lake City don't say that very often. Good for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these actions represent a broader trend of municipalities finding creative solutions to uphold values of diversity.
Speaker 2: I like that. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: The Pentagon tried to do something like that recently. They were trying to uphold having trans people still in the military, but it's been vetoed again.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, the whole country over there's in disarray.
Speaker 2: Disarray, but it's nice. It's a fun way of like using the what is it the letter of law to skirt the spirit of the law, because the law is horrible in just so they're using their own processes to get around it. So quite the power. I like it.
Speaker 1: There's always loopholes around something, isn't there, Like if you study law enough or read it enough, like, you always find a loophole around something in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. That's a nice one. It's good to end on a nice one like that. I mean.
Speaker 3: And they've managed to make the Pride flags even gayer, having a flower.
Speaker 2: And a bumbhole, which you wouldn't think was possible, but there we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, as well, dumb boys here in Salt Lake City and that's all from the buzz this week.
Speaker 2: Thanks for that, Mickey, it's nice to have a story coming from the scary religious past. That's actually quite nice to hear for a change.
Speaker 1: You are welcome, but don't go anywhere. As coming up, we have a game for you to play along with and it is our game of the week. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Oh no, but don't let that stop you. Welcome back to Chewing the Cud with me, River Scott and the delightful Mickey Taylor. Hello. Hello, So this part of the show is where we play a game, and this one is for the person who is fond of a fond and fancy. Yes. Is that euphemism or just a tongue twister? Oh, tongue twister should be a euphemism anyway, Yes, off you pop, Mickey, let's popping off.
Speaker 1: I am popping off.
Speaker 2: Day of the week. So it's time to play Queer or Near And this is where I have some questions and Mickey has to work out if they are true. Akay, queer or not as in near, So queer is true, near is not true? You ready?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Okay, First one, Cher has been induced into the rock and roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: I don't know about induced, but she's been inducted.
Speaker 2: I'd say queer, you are all in the face, so I didn't hear his answer, So he was he swearing it's definitely. I think it's queer. You think it's queer. That is not quite As of this year, twenty twenty five, because we live in the future, she still has not been inducted, induced, inducted. I'll get it right. Eventually, she's not in there. Moving on next one. The term lip sync for your life was made famous by RuPaul's drag Race. Is that queer or not quiet?
Speaker 1: This is going to be one of those ones where you don't you think it is? But it isn't to say near that is queer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean yeah. It'd be weird if she'd nicked it from somewhere else, wouldn't it in the way.
Speaker 3: Everything else was the whole premises? Isn't it America's next top model?
Speaker 2: I mean crushing on Lady Gagar's real name is Stephanie Dragowski. Queer or not quite near?
Speaker 1: Because it's germinata, isn't it?
Speaker 2: It isn't well done? The Babba Duck became a gay icon because of Netflix categorization glitch queer or not queer? Queer? That is true, Yeah, fantastic. Freddie Mercury never came out publicly during his lifetime queer or not quite, So he never came out not quiet now that is queer. True. He acknowledged having aided the day before he died. But he yeh was segueing from pop into history now, so we've had Freddie Mercury. You ready. The stonewall riots started on Christopher Street in New York City. Is that queer or is that not quite?
Speaker 3: How am I supposed to know what street it is?
Speaker 1: Hey, sirih No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just gonna say yes, queer queer, that is queer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Before the whole thing started and everything grew up, it was originally known as the Christopher Street Riot before it became a stonewall riot.
Speaker 1: Ah, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Actually there was a point where the New York queers all joined arms and led a kind of kick line, chasing the police around the block. Oh I do love.
Speaker 3: An yeah, fun like that conger with a purpose.
Speaker 2: Okay, next one, a bit more history. Marsha P. Johnson said, the pee stood for pride? Is that queer? Or not quite?
Speaker 3: Probably said it just for fun before?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Go on, so queer?
Speaker 2: That is not quiet? The pee, according to Marsha P. Johnson, stood for pay it no mind.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that's even better to be.
Speaker 2: I kind of prefer that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: So next one, a bit more queer history. Harvey Milk was the first openly gay man elected in the US. Is that queer or is that not quite queer? Correct? Yes? He was elected in California, A and he was the first nationally as well. I remember the movie Yes, Someone Peede and someone Else's Pool. Then I took away from that, So next one. Oscar Wilde wrote the picture of Dorian Gray while he was in prison for being gay. Is that queer or not quite? Not quite correct? Wrote before he was imprisoned for gross indecency, which apparently meant shaggy men. And you've got to do it right to have it called gross indecency. I mean, otherwise it's just a waste of time, isn't it. You want it to be gross, really gross, really nasty.
Speaker 1: Great dragon name grace indecency.
Speaker 2: Throwing shade. The phrase originated by Paris Hilton queer or not quite? Not true? That is not true? Correct? Do you know where it's from?
Speaker 3: Doesn't it come from the vocals?
Speaker 2: It does culture? Yep, and documented in Paris with burning others. Well done. Oh here's a here's a hard one for you. The term bear in the gay community refers to a hair hairy, larger bodied man. Is that queer or not?
Speaker 1: Quiet?
Speaker 3: It's true that.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Another another bit of queer slang. Friend of Dorothy, What is that code for being gay? Specifically? Yes, yes, yes, it is.
Speaker 3: You're essentially like the hag fag.
Speaker 2: That goes the hag fag. Yes. And in fact, apparently when the lavender scare was happening in the US and they were trying to root out a lot of a lot of homosexuals from any kind of position of power, the I think it was the US Navy spent quite a lot of time looking for this Dorothy because they wanted her to name her friends so that they could.
Speaker 3: Remind oh, my god, think she was like a queer cult leader.
Speaker 2: They thought she was actually real.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when on Facebook they were doing the Lettle storm area fifty one?
Speaker 2: Yes, that was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So they generally, because all the nerds were talking about we're going to Naruto run to Area fifty one, the military had to study the Naruto run and there's literally like videos of them doing it.
Speaker 3: It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. It's so funny.
Speaker 2: My favorite part about that was the thinking behind it was they can't shoot us all, and the military had to put out a statement saying that, yes, in fact, they could quite easily shoot more. Yeah, please don't do this because we don't want to, which is nice. It's nice that the military didn't want to shoot people for a change. Anyway, back to the game, the term cis gender was coined in the nineteen nineties. Is that queer as in true or not quite as not true?
Speaker 1: It does feel like it'd be more modern. I don't think it'd be like that eighties or something. I don't know it's going to be, and it's going to be end up being like in early two thousands or something, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say near, It is near, but you went the wrong way. It's oh, so, so you were right. It wasn't the nineteen nineties. Yeah, but it was the nineteen tens.
Speaker 1: It feels like it would have been something more modern because like a lot more of the terms that are used now feel like we've had to quickly come up with a lot of them, do you know what I mean? Like the Pride flag changes LGBTQ.
Speaker 3: Plus all that stuff feels new.
Speaker 1: So I was thinking that would have been no, but.
Speaker 2: It's an older one, all right. Fashion and flags, right, fashion and flags?
Speaker 3: Nothing, You're ready fashion or flags.
Speaker 2: The original rainbow Pride flag had eight colors? Is that queer or not quite?
Speaker 1: Oh? God, wait, because I kind of remember what the name the what each color was.
Speaker 2: Near now that is queer? Like originally it had eight. It was because the original design comes from some like the bunting along not bunting, but very long kind of colored flags that ran along the length of the Castro on the main on Castro Street for the first San Francisco Pride think, and they had an equal numbers so they could have them on each side. But they the colors they used were the full rainbow colors plus black plus pink like hot pink, which you think they want to but hot pink was really hard to get the fabric four to make the smaller flags. After this they cut it down to six. Well they could, they got rid of the pink, but then they still need an equal numbers. They couldn't think again the next year, so they got rid of black. So it's just the six that we know as the rainbow flag nowadays.
Speaker 1: This is why, like when people kick off, you know what. They added black white and the trans colors as well on.
Speaker 2: The show, and everyone was stopped in the flare.
Speaker 1: But you do realize there's been like twenty variations before you're even born.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's not like it was given to us by like the ancients or yeah, it wasn't like like.
Speaker 3: A testament that was dropped down from Moses.
Speaker 1: Like it's been changing for years because gays are picky and if it doesn't go with what we're wearing on the day, we'll change it.
Speaker 2: It is busy now, though, is it. It's getting it's getting a bit is a bit busy. It needs it needs.
Speaker 1: I just like queer as a term just for everyone, because it's all encompassing and just say all quirdo's that I call everyone a queerdo like it's always the way to go.
Speaker 2: I mean the separate flags for like gay men, now, which is which?
Speaker 3: The bears have a flag, the lever daddies have a flag, flag, pups have a flag.
Speaker 1: My mum's got a flag anyway.
Speaker 2: Crashing on og boots were invented by a drag queen. Is that queer or not queer?
Speaker 1: I feel like it's probably some homosexual who works for like UG You think that also does drag on the side because they're not paying Well huh, I'm gonna say queer.
Speaker 2: And not quite Sorry it was surfers another ridiculously attractive subgroup, but not.
Speaker 3: Why are surfers wearing UG boots on the beach?
Speaker 1: Are you mad?
Speaker 2: You would stand in your RUG boots? So that'd be horrible, wasn't it? What in the hell thing on the page paper? I don't know when it comes.
Speaker 1: No, that's fresh? Hell? No, thank you alutely?
Speaker 2: All right? Crushing on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I've never seen it?
Speaker 2: Okay, how about this?
Speaker 3: Then you want to do much hate speech for that, aren't I?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Go on, do it? Do it? Do it? Buffy the Vampire Slayer featured the first lesbian kiss on US Network TV. Is that queer or not quite?
Speaker 1: I feel like that's actually true because star star Trek had the first male one, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yes? That was what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say, yeah, true.
Speaker 2: That one is that one is queer? Yeah? Okay RuPaul's real last name is Charles Queer queer. Correct. In Friends, Chandler's dad was played by a real drag queen.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't watch it.
Speaker 2: Did they look draggy? If I tell you, I'll be telling you the answer. Weren't the HM. I'm just gonna guess yeah queer, No, not quite. It was Kathleen Turner, a drag queen.
Speaker 1: Every woman in America at that point in time, after a bit of surgery. Drag queen though, didn't I That's.
Speaker 2: Enough of that. Coming up after this short break, we're going to get all up close and personal with the lovely Mickey in the Spotlight. Welcome back. You are still watching River and Mickey in Chewing the Could. Now we're going to probe where some people don't like to be probed. It's Mickey in the Spotlight. So if you just like to pop your clothes on the back of the chair, we'll get started. So Hello, Hello, I'm good, how are you gorgeous.
Speaker 3: I love that shirt, thank you very much. We're both wearing each other's NaN's carpet.
Speaker 2: That's very true. We're doing it ironically, so it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, we're so cool. We're down with it.
Speaker 2: Kids, come on definitely. So anyway, you've got an album coming.
Speaker 3: Out, another one, I know, M five here it comes?
Speaker 2: Oh, is that you've named it after a motorway? Okay?
Speaker 1: Now, like you know, you always see like like if Britney Spears is doing an album like BS three or BS four, Yeah, like Banna is doing like R seven or something at the moment.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so it's the code name for it. You don't get to do it, can you? Do you want to do an exclusive reveal? Or is it not going to take the name If you want, I mean up to you, it's your marketing.
Speaker 1: It's called the Anatomy of a Hornet's Nest. I know, pig words with long syllables.
Speaker 2: Look at Yeah, so what can we expect on this album? Music? But tell us a bit more about it than that.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's a lot different to everything else, like that kind of power. I know everyone says that every single time, but it truly is because I was very, very messy when I.
Speaker 2: Wrote it, as opposed to all your other albums when you were sorted insane and settled.
Speaker 1: Well, I'd usually get like really emotionally messy the week before and then think about it and then write something, where's this time?
Speaker 2: I'm like, so.
Speaker 3: I really went in with this one just like I had way too much to say.
Speaker 1: And I think with the other ones there was always like an year or two between them, whereas this one there's been five years, so there's been a lot more that's happened, Like I've gone away and like I've gone to school and I've.
Speaker 3: Like lived a life, lived a life, entered my thirties.
Speaker 1: I know, don't tell anyone, but yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's a bit of an adele thing. You're using a heartbreak to write an album. No more of like there's a lot of it.
Speaker 1: Is Like there's like four or five songs where I'm just talking about how this function I am as a day to day person.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's just like I'm a mess.
Speaker 3: But that's cool, Like.
Speaker 1: And then like there's one or two breakup songs because like there was a breakup. It's so easy to like use an abuse a breakup for a material for seeing things, isn't it?
Speaker 3: I mean, look at Adele, She's done but free albums.
Speaker 2: I think I think we say using abuse. I think we say channel our feelings.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have therapeused it into a media wonderful. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What is the point of having feelings if you can't make money out of them? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Yes, why sit there and cry about them when I could make money from them?
Speaker 2: Fantastic?
Speaker 3: There's no better revenge than success, This is true.
Speaker 2: And so what kind of music is it what we are going to be listening to? Is it Broadway? Is it? Is it that's pretty big at the moment?
Speaker 1: No, Like I I went away and I studied my voice again, and star smoking and drinking.
Speaker 3: For a while, and all the other fun things you like to do, like drinking coffee.
Speaker 2: With milk, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh you're dirty. Boys never would die. But not a boy, not a woman either, but very dirty. But it very much like I just like, I want to work really hard on the boys, work really hard on all the songs, because beforehand have been very collaborative, and my producer lost child, Hey would help me out with all the songs, and then I would be like diary entries. I've written and hid like song format them, whereas I wrote every single one of these songs, and I think we ended up with like eighty two songs that i'd written. Wow, in the space of three months.
Speaker 2: Hell of an album.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're not all coming out.
Speaker 1: Some of them are hot garbage, some of them sound very much like another one, and then you kind of like mix and match bits and bobs. But we're going for like a stronger vocal type and more of an eighty synth kind of sound. I'm very influenced by like eighty synth at the moment.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, but the eighties are back in Again's very cool.
Speaker 3: And I wasn't even born in the eighties. When were you the sixties?
Speaker 2: Nobody knows?
Speaker 1: Cut you ap from Carbon date, try.
Speaker 2: It excellent and will there be? Have you got music videos in the works? Are you going to be dancing? You? As well as saying.
Speaker 1: So, we're working on the music video now. I've been storyboarding it for about a month, which has been good fun and doing the animatic of it, and then we shoot the song single cover next week.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, exciting. Yeah, you're getting your tits out, No asking the hard hitting questions here obviously, well no nipple on the cover, then no, no, you know, what are you expecting it to sell?
Speaker 1: If you ever look at any of my album artworks, all of them are very PG. The usually just tend to be like my portrait in a different way. Like the first one was a bruised face.
Speaker 3: The next one was like me and like a leather jacket and a mullet.
Speaker 1: The other one I just had blue hair, so like I kind of changed things up, but this one is very different. Like there's taxidermy and everything on this album cover, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, it's your face as well.
Speaker 1: Then like, yeah, it's the only way I'm holding this together now. Yeah, taxidermy, duct tape, glue, hopes and dreams.
Speaker 2: Four k's ruined so many careers, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: You have no idea that's.
Speaker 1: Where so many people have fell off. They're just too scared to get back out there on the camera, like not stage lighting.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's been good.
Speaker 1: I've been enjoying it. It's been both therapeutic and well, as you know, very transformative for me, and I very much enjoyed it. And I think there was a good point where I needed to laugh and cry about myself and I've been able to do that with this.
Speaker 3: So it's been good fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really pleased.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Sounds great? So what when? When is it being released? When can we hear your latest? I don't know, you don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like with the previous albums, I would take like two or three months off and just work on them, get them done, put them out. This one, I'm like, take my time. If you want to rewrite something, rewrite it, if you want to rework a vocal, rework it. Like I'm just taking the time, Like I'd like to have it out by the end of the year, and it probably will be. But the single will definitely be out by the end of June. That's all I'm saying. The music video at some point soon too.
Speaker 2: How exciting you heard it? You heard it here first, Mickey Taylor is going to be getting it out before the end of June. So, as a queer artist, what.
Speaker 3: You are, thanks for outing me on telling but.
Speaker 2: Surprise anyone who looks at you automatically things, Yes, this is a big butch straight guy.
Speaker 1: Am hyper mask me.
Speaker 2: Do that again.
Speaker 1: I'm available for voice over work and Mary.
Speaker 2: That's not the voice you're going to use for Mary as well. Oh yeah, so how as a queer artist, how is that? How is your identity fueling your work? And how are you making weaving that into your work and that kind of wanky question that people like to ask in these kind of situations.
Speaker 1: You know what, like it's always been there no matter what anyway, because a lot of my old music videos were me like raving with a bunch of gays and having sex with gays and on sofas, and like, we know how it is in music videos. It's not like sex, but it's like dressing. Yeah, a bit of bouncing, Yeah, just.
Speaker 3: Pet in the head. I meant the head.
Speaker 1: Not all right, calm down, it's.
Speaker 2: Just an off topic ever so slightly. But were there any off camera snanigans? Did you go, oh this was fun, Why don't we retire to my dressing room for five minutes?
Speaker 3: No, I'm so not that person.
Speaker 2: Oh you're so professional. No.
Speaker 1: If you ever see me on like a photo shoot set or a video set, I shut down. I go really quiet, and everyone's just like, you're okay, are you okay? I'm like no, I'm just in it.
Speaker 2: You're doing right?
Speaker 1: I go really weird. Like I did a shoot recent and someone said to me, just like, I've never seen you so quiet, And I'm like, I know, if you ever want me to shut up, put me on a photo shoot set, because I just go into what I need to do, what my pose is. How am I working this? Probably I just start going into a process. It's really strange. The same when I'm like drawing and animating as well. Yeah, I go, I just shut down and focused. It's great delight for everyone else.
Speaker 2: Well, it's so professional.
Speaker 1: But there will be a lot of rubber in the new music video.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that much fantastic.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of rubber. I hate rubber as well.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say, is this a way to get some new kit and sign it off as a business expense?
Speaker 1: But no, no, Like I'm not a rubber person because like I I get warm so quickly, like I sweat like a sinner in church, like all the time. So like wearing rubber for me is just painfully agonizing. Like props to everyone else that wears rubber, good on you. I'm not gonna yucky yam, but me I can't do it.
Speaker 2: You end up with a dribb running down your leg.
Speaker 1: I just feel like a Sagi condom.
Speaker 2: Maybe that could be the name of the follow up album. I feel like a Sagi condom.
Speaker 3: That's a Delray album. Minute It's like a Sagi condom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it would be I feel like a Saggi condom left on the side.
Speaker 1: Of the Yeah, Brooklyn Bridge or something in the.
Speaker 2: Rain on a Tuesday. She likes a long title.
Speaker 3: O good honor. We love a length queen, not a girl queen.
Speaker 2: And on that note, we should probably move on. And if people want to find out about your latest projects, how can they find you on the interwebs.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's Mickey Taylor on Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's the way to find me.
Speaker 3: Or just go on your local Spotify dealer, type me name and you'll find.
Speaker 2: Or any of those cards in phone boxes anything like that and you'll find them. It's always really fun having a chat with you, so thank you so much for coming and being in our spotlight.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Darling's ways nice spending time with you. That's all.
Speaker 1: It's the end of the show for now, but on screen now you can see our contact details. It's at the cud TV on your social media and if you want to catch up with the previous episodes you can always bringe just on YouTube look for Chewing the Cud.
Speaker 2: Thank you for watching and we will see you next time. Bye. What else, Let's keep up Willy's some bumps and things that's really fun.
Speaker 1: Do you ever worry that, like, as a dead person that's gonna lip read here and just be like, what are they saying?
Speaker 2: Sit on my face and call me Sandy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, no, I can't