Speaker 1: It is the world famous Ben and Skin show coming to you live from Durant, Oklahoma. We're at Chalk TALWK Casino and Resort, Durant. Super excited to be out here today. It's gonna be a fun, fun show. We always love coming out here. If you're in the area, stop by, we'd love to see it. Maybe you're coming out here to catch a concert or have a good time tonight. Man, I stumbled into a situation where I have found the perfect pant. I don't think so, because I have the perfect pant and those aren't them. These are them, and they're kind of like pajamas, but they're wicking, dry fit golf pants. Right, they're like khakis, but they're they mean, they're just the perfect pant. Those are wajamas.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that we got freedom of speech back because there was a time when you couldn't say wicking, and now you can.
Speaker 1: Now you can, Thank you America, You're welcome, Thank you Trump. And so as I was wearing these khaki pants, just enjoying them and enjoying this incredible district hall, I was eating some tacos from the Velvet Taco Yeah, highly recommended. You can get them sands carbs. You get them all lettuce wrapped up. I had one this week. I just tuned in. Are you saying, velvet taco cells ill with jamas you're wearing? No?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: And so I'm over there eating this taco and it's a dangerous situation because my legs are spread. Ah, you'll dog and I'm leaning over and I'm like hoping I don't get anything on my brand new khaki awesome pants, best pants I've ever owned by far Wow. And those tacos have these little curly onions on top. Right, one of the onions got snagged in some sauce and fell directly on my crotch. Oh oh, now I've got a permanent stain. Man, that is quite I got a perfect I mean, look at where it's located. Yeah, it looks like you dribbled a little bit, maybe some preage. What's up? Calico panted it? Yes, Calico pants. It's a Calico pants situation. And now I'm like, man, this will be the last run ever of these pants because I just will never be able to wear them again. The color of that stafe and doesn't all right, The location in color is tough. You will always your eyeballs will immediately always go there to that spot. It looks like you relax later, yeah, after that, staying half right exactly, So I got a cigarette. You sure you didn't just take a nap in your car and have a wet nap. This was all an elaborate scheme for him to get us to look at his crotch. Right, And I know you guys are looking already Friday. Do you like what you see? Anyways? What are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: I go ahead, now, you go ahead, No, you go. You're the one that you still wears jeans. Between the three of us, No, I wear jeans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still I like wearing jeans. I wait, prefer these golf pajama pants. They're so great. Yeah yeah, there's really no need for jeans, right, I have like a new fetish golf jean, not golf jean. Okay, we did have a guy show up to golf with us in jeans one time, Yeah, but he was wearing like jeans from Sears. This is like, uh, these are pant jeans. Are you guys familiar with the brand? Farty Farty? No farty party. So it's like for a better airflow, I don't know how you would pronounce it. It's f A h t e r y. It's like that. Okay. Uh. They make a bunch of good shackets, which I love a good jacket. Okay, yeah, but man, I have my wife arded him my wife, and they're too expensive, so I only have two pair, one in a I guess it's like a dark gray slash maybe navy blue, I don't know, and then one in like a real light gray. They are the most comfortable jeans I've ever worn, by a jillion miles. Are so comfortable they feel like pants. Is that right? They're great? Uh, I'll share them with you to brand for sroy. It's it's really really like everything they make is incredibly comfortable and probably way too expensive. Yeah. So, uh, I just get back from a landfill. All right? Why were we at a landfill? It's pretty good, so buried a dead body, believe it or not.
Speaker 2: In Richardson, they don't have the place you can go dump some stuff, and I believe.
Speaker 1: That the place has gone down downhill since we left. That's a fence post that I, you know, manually got rid of because I'm a man. Oh, what's the latest on that? I put them on in the trunk of my car. It's like four or five of them, don't you have just like a little sedan.
Speaker 2: I got a little hont A cord, but I laid some towels down and was able to put the back seat up.
Speaker 1: How big are these poles? They're pretty good. They're probably six feet oh interesting? Maybe less? Yeah, probably less, now that I think about it. Are you taller than the pole? Yeah? Okay, then you're you're not over six feet play five feet? Okay, but either way, So you have to.
Speaker 2: Go and when you go to the Melissa landfill, because I called to find out, like, is there no place closer that?
Speaker 1: No, this is the one you have to go to. Oh. I was like, well, hey, convenient. I'm going up to chuck taf Friday, so I'll just it's on the way right, yeah, right up seventy five. You have to branch off for a minute and the BUCkies there has the giant Bucky and then underneath it it says, Melissa.
Speaker 2: Did you know that to you go to a landfill you have to show your water bill? I did know that you can't just go dump stuff, right, you have to show your water bill?
Speaker 1: Yes, because I've gone to the Allen landfill. You have one in Allan. Yeah, well there's one that's closer to me than Melissa. I mean when yeah, it's trash dump. When you're at the landfill. Did you think about browsing just looking through some of the train a couple things. I actually was no. I was like pretty preoccupied with it.
Speaker 2: In fact, if I had a little more time, I might have stayed hung out for ten orfral right, And that's just to kind of see.
Speaker 1: You're like, hey, that's an almost new hair brush. There was a mattress. Uh, there was a what appeared to be a full dining table. It was a nice dining table. You could dine at that table pretty fine. What do you mean a full dining Were you looking for some Hapsi's well there's a lot of damage stuff in there too. Oh okay, so it's like you could yank out and yeah. Yeah. Was it just set up ready for a meal? How'd you know it was full? Well?
Speaker 2: It was the way Yeah, it had just been tossed in apparently, and it was sitting on its side and it got the four legs and you could I was just like, that's it was pretty nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, could it? Could it comfortably seat everyone at the last dinner?
Speaker 2: Not comfortably, But it's not like they were comfortable at the last dinner. I mean they were crowded around that thing, and they knew some secrets, which being as crowded around that table as they were, how did they not How do we're not get around what the plan was?
Speaker 1: I guess? I mean, if you look at the drawing, it's there's a lot of conversations happening. The problem with the drawing is it seems that they would have spread everyone out and some would have faced one another as opposed to all just sitting on one side of the table completely spread out. Doesn't make a lot of sense for a dining situation.
Speaker 2: They were very chatty. Here's the conversations over here. One guy's playing with himself.
Speaker 1: Is very strange. Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: So the landfill happened. Oh yeah, and it worked as good. And I'm not dirty, so we're good with these pants. These pants, yeah, these you can do. You can unload fence post in these.
Speaker 1: Comfortable Okay, that's fine, pure sweats the probay. Now he's attacking the intation, just touching them. They're just like like pants. There he's attacking your what they called us winding pants. Okay, once you've worn sweatpants, you've given up. Are you wearing sweatpants not sweatpants? Okay, thank you. I didn't think they were nicer to touch him, touch them and tell me they're on sweatpants. I want to grind on them. If I'm going to touch him, I'm went to get my money's worth, Yvonne, grind on him. A good Action Pants Action fans. Okay, that's Action Pants. Okay, that's a good band name. Yeah, that makes it. That makes a little sense. Have you heard the new indie record from Action Pants. That does sound like a good band. Yeah, but it reminds me of the intro tart time boys. Right now, you're ready ready, it's ready, ready and ready, w W and w.
Speaker 4: I'll show you going ruin it if you except with a similar sweet pursuing it donld out shaw shank through the sewer, kid, now what chilling at the eagle?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing it. Three clock on the Dot.
Speaker 4: Got a habit for my house, a go status Howard starting to get cratic shows that up multiplied like a rabbit tune in zone out, creak it up.
Speaker 1: Beat the habit.
Speaker 5: I'm on a hang out with a friend rocking it on the radio. Mom on, boy's his hend talking on the radio.
Speaker 1: It's time to to this walk Ah, baby, baby go Kati Ristine us all up on the radio. All right. So we are at the Chalk Talk Casino and Resort, Durant, Oklahoma. Happy to be here today. And now I've got one son who is away at college. All right, he's going to Alabama. And I feel better about this what I'm about to share with you, guys, because he is on scholarship. Got kid's a beast. He earned a full academic scholarship, full ride. Unbelievable. If I was paying for his college, I would be very concerned about the text I got earlier when I touched base with him. He said, I'm surprisingly not hungover about okay, So okay, So that kind of leads you to understand what he's dealing with. Just to make you feel better, I just found out earlier today that the college my son is most interested in his thirty grandest semester. So you should feel good about phil full ride. So good about that. It feels so good. This is what he just texted me at three sixteen pm. Okay, four minutes ago, he texted me, have you seen the TV show Dukes of Hazard? Son? I live Dukes at Hazard. So why I just want you guys to think about that. Yeah?
Speaker 6: What like?
Speaker 1: So he is unaware of it existing any at any time in his life until this minute, and he's so unaware of it that he's wondering if I'm aware of Ah, well, get I want to get to the bottom is what. Well, you just see a picture of Jessica Simpson and Daisy Dukes. I don't know. I don't have any context other than he just sent have you seen the TV show Dukes of Hazards? So is at the end of the communication. That's so far. Okay, You've got to follow up on this asap. All right, you'll be amused by this KT. While he's making that response, I want to read you something that I got last night. As I was walking out of the mav game and heading to my car, my daughter sent this text, what is poor spacing? Okay?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: So I just said, haha, why do you ask? Because I didn't know it existed. You have a TV show? I said, is it on right now? It was before the MAV game. According to Connor's mom. Okay, so I was like, all right, I need to call her and explain this. Yes, we have a TV show. It's called Poor Spacing. It's at MAV Studio forty one. It's on KFFA KFAA channel twenty nine. And kt has a show too, it's called round Ball Talk and it's also through the same people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like we're taking over at KFAA twenty nine, right us and doctor Phil. What time were y'all on CAF You were Wednesday nights at six?
Speaker 1: I think, I think so, I don't know. Okay, here's an update. Mine's Tuesday at four. So it's tough to promote when we're on the air. I bet we're probably Wednesday at four. I would guess. All right, So update from Max Yep At three sixteen, he typed, have you seen the TV show Dukes of Hazard? I responded with why do you ask? He responded with watching it right now? Seems like something you'd watch when you were my age. Well, now, then you just watched what you had, Yeah, a million shows? Tell him son, I would watch that and then watch the Incredible Hulk on this Okay, so think about that. He's so I was his age in nineteen ninety Yeah, so you were not not watching it. Hazard Dukes of Hazzard would have been in like eighty four, maybe even earlier eighty two. I assume that was a seventy show. I think it's like late seventies, early eighties. I bet it was like eighty one or eighty. But when I was watching it is probably in syndication though, right, No, you watched it live. Yeah, you watch it live seventy nine to eighty five. Yeah, CBS on CBS on Friday nights, right, I don't have that part of it. Coursday nights is where TV shows go to die. Now, Back then it was on the same night as The Incredible Hulk with Bill Bixby seven seasons, one hundred and forty seven episodes, at one point ranked second only to Dallas. Yeah, and Dallas was on Thursday nights.
Speaker 2: This says okay, This says Dallas immediately followed the show on CBS's Friday Nights.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, probably not the whole run of their seven seasons. Wait, Dallas was on Friday two. I thought it was on Thursdays, but this says Friday. I mean well they're there at different times too. I mean because Dallas was seventy eight to ninety one. Okay, find out the Incredible Hulk with Bill Bixby. What night was that on Incredible? Because in my memory, I mean this, we were little kids, like I was ten, but I thought I watched The Incredible Hulking Dukes of Hazard back to back. Okay, this was seventy eight. The Incredible Bulk TV show was seventy eight five seasons on CBS. Yes, and does it say if it was on Friday nights? It does not say that. Okay, yes, no, yes, no CBS. I don't know what night, O Kat, How much would you have us pay you to wear Daisy Dukes on the Eagle float at the Saint Patti's deabut great on the Greenville Parade? The problem is, you know, I think that would be a problem like public indecency because we'd have dog hanging out. Really, I was gone, folks, yeah, nice couple, just walk by. You have to hit them with that. That truth is, I mean Gardens would be getting the three of the Dukes. You know what I'm saying. All Right, there you have it. That was one of the greatest situations I've seen in the history of our radio career. They walked right next to us, and Katy said that to a sweet young couple. You see, if they want to go play black jack with me, I was gonna argue with you. They were young. They were young, thirty five years limping. All right, there you have it. They just left an infirmary. We are at the Chalk Talk Casino and Resort, and man, there's you can just I'm envious of everyone here because all these people are hanging here for the weekend. They're fun is just beginning. They're gonna have a blast up here in the casino, maybe catching a concert. Look, she walked by, smiling. She's gonna have a great time. All right, I'm gonna party with her.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: Have so much funn here. So we are at a fun factory, Chalk Talk Casino and Resort, Durant. Come join us. Coming up next, kat Where are we going to go in the Hollywood Shuffle? All right?
Speaker 2: Bill Murray ways in on Gene Hackman, and so does Kevin cost But the question is who's Costure?
Speaker 1: Is Kevin Costner lyne or is he just an a hole? Next? Unfortunately we know the answer it may be both. And it's the Ben and Skin Show And we are on the road at the Chalk Talk and see No in Resort Durant, Oklahoma, doing our show here on ninety seven point one the Eagle. If you're anywhere near this board to get up here now have a fun week, and you know they do the Lucky in Love on Saturdays all throughout February and March, and that is your shot to win your share of one point eight million dollars. But you gotta be here having fun using that Choktaw Rewards Club card in order to have a chance to win. We're gonna get into the sports stuff of the Metroplex coming up here in thirty minutes now. We are the home of Dallas Mavericks basketball. You hear the games on our station, and we have some tickets to give away for the MAVs Pistons game, and we like to give those away to people who listen to the show, the whole show and have the iheartstreaming app. So if you have that app, you can use the talkback feature and leave a voice message with your name, your phone number, and your email address and the answer to this question. We will take the fourth person that has the right answer and the opening segment. Ben's son texted him and asked him if he had ever heard of a classic TV show? What was the name of that TV show? If you were listening, you know, and you can win those tickets right now. Good luck air body, But right now it's time for this juicy news hot God come stay on top in the cheve all right, So, yesterday we talked about the death of Gene Hackman, the actor ninety five found in his house. I have a question for you guys. Yeah, have people, just when you randomly interact with people, have they brought up the Gene Hackman death to you in a way of like what is going on with that death? Have y'all had any of that? Yes, a lot of conspiracy, a lot of people wondering how it went down the way it did. People have theories who died first? Was their suicide? Did nobody feed the dog all that? I had the same security guard stop me at two different points in the evening last night at the mav game to talk more about it. They were so there's like I just keep bumping into people that are very wrapped up in this controversy.
Speaker 2: I have not interacted with anyone outside of you guys in the last twenty four hours, and my wife didn't know who he is.
Speaker 1: So what about it? The landfill in Melissa was nobody talking about it.
Speaker 2: It wasn't really you know, there's more like can we get this brush into the into the thing? Yeah the compactor? Yeah yeah, into the compactor.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how it works. Yeah. So point is, obviously you're gonna get some commentary from other people in that world, including Christina's got the audio for us. Here, here's Bill Murray.
Speaker 7: He was a tough not Geene Heckman, but he was really good, and he was really difficult. Older great actors do not give young directors much of the Chians. They just they're really rough on im, and Gene was really rough on Wes, and I used to I used to kind of step in and just try to defend my friend. I watch him once do like twenty five takes where he did it perfectly with an actor who kept blowing it every single time, big long camera move and painting all this stuff. Jeane would do it perfectly, the other actor would blow it, and I'd go like, oh, I was watching.
Speaker 1: Quinn no wonder this guys this guy wants to throttle people.
Speaker 7: And then he sort of gave just a sort of an ordinary performance and the other actor got it right, and I thought Jeene.
Speaker 1: Was gonna throw the guy off the village ledge of the building.
Speaker 3: Cluk.
Speaker 1: So he was a great one. Okay, that is the weirdest compliment ever. He complimented him, but he basically said he is a tremendous a hole, his hard ass. And there's an irony to that because there are so many people that have worked with Bill Murray that say he's impossible to work with. So there's an irony to that. So I couldn't help I haven't seen ten and Bombs in a long time. I couldn't help it sit there and go man, it was Luke Wilson that was screwing it up right. Yeah. I was sitting there wondering what scene, what it meant. And I remember some scenes with Luke Wilson on the roof, but I don't remember scenes with Luke Wilson on the roof with Gene Hackman. I'd have to go back and watch it again. Maybe Christina remembers, but I definitely want to go back and watch ten and bombs now and see if I can find the moment specifically that he's talking about. I had never heard that about Gene Hackman. I didn't know that he was one of those guys that you hear that about a lot of people. And Bill Barry was painting the picture that a lot of the elite actors are like that, yeah, get it right, But you know, I could see that be prepared, get it right now. Costner.
Speaker 2: Kevin Costner goes on the Rich Eisen Show out there in la And when I watched this for the first time.
Speaker 1: I immediately thought that Kevin Costner was lying. I don't think Kevin Costner has ever said a truthful thing in his life, because there's a part of it where he kind of pauses at the end.
Speaker 2: You'll hear I've trimmed this down a little bit, a little over a minute, but here's Kevin Costner telling a story from Gene Hackman on The Unstoppables.
Speaker 8: Y people ask all the time, you know, who's the best actor, who's the biggest star, who's the blah blah blah. But I would say probably Gene was the best actor. I think Sean Connery is the biggest star i'd ever worked with, and that's the Untouchable. Yeah, and A this is too long of a story, but I had one with Gene. When this scene came up. We had been doing every scene to that point. Around a desk, I said to the directors, look, I don't feel like it's right Gene hackmerstand and are listening. I feel like it's over here. And it was like no one was saying and the director and I really butted heads on it. Finally, for whatever reason, Jeane's just like listening. And finally, for whatever reason, I said, I don't care.
Speaker 1: It's here.
Speaker 8: And I hated to do that, but I just said it's here, and I don't need all of our scenes here.
Speaker 1: It's here. Sure. So we did it.
Speaker 8: And at one point there was saying, well, what's.
Speaker 1: Gene going to do?
Speaker 8: And I said, Gene, we'll figure out what to do because he's really good. So I do the scene and we do it all day and it's the scene now that's in the movie. And I remember I was walking out to my car. Jeane was getting in and goes, hey, I'm gonna talk to you, and I walked over and he goes, look, man, if you ever do that in front of me again. I'm just gonna the way you disrespect, I'm just gonna tarry. That's not what he said. M That's what I thought he was gonna say.
Speaker 1: What do you say?
Speaker 8: He looked at me and he said, hey, Uh, you know, it's been I went through a divorce. I've been doing a lot of kind of questionable movies lately. When I saw you fighting for what you wanted today, he said, it reminded me of how I used to feel about acting. He says, it was good what you did, and then he just got in his car and drove off.
Speaker 1: All right, it's amazing, I went and uh, I looked, because so the movie he's talking about is No Way Out? What he's talking about the Untouchable? Is you talking about Sean Connery a movie? Because I think the only movie that Costner did with Hackman is No Way Out? Unless I'm forgetting you're correct. And I do remember a lot of scenes in No Way Out where it's in the center office and so he is sitting behind a desk and all this kind of stuff. But the act the director was Roger Donaldson, which is not some name I recall for a bunch of films or whatever. But if you go back to nineteen eighty seven, that's you know, he's not the monster that he would be four or five years later by the time Dances with Wolves came out, or three or four years later. So it's interesting that he was that convicted and bull headed around no because like Untouchables was big for him. No Way Out, but like I think Bull Durham came after that, right, I think Field to Dreams came after that. In my mind, No Way Out came out before those movies. So it's kind of interesting that he always was that way. Yeah, that's it, you know. I think it's great that he had a passion for it, you know, yeah, I mean he directed film, so you know you got to be there. Yeah, yes, you know. I saw dead Zel talking about him too. And they were in Crimson Tied Together and the interview the church, and this was a long time ago. The interview was something like, so Denzel was that intimidating to do that movie with Gene Hackman, you know, and and he's like, man, I'm He's basically I'm paraphrase, he's basically I'm Denzel, Like I'm in prime Denzel tea and it was interesting. The way he talked about it was like a basketball player, like like an athlete, or like being unintimidated. He was like, he goes, Man, you know, I think all of the best actors in the world think they're the best actors in the world, and so any of us are like, we embrace the opportunity to be with other great actors because we're like, you're not better than me. Yeah, I'm better than you. Let's get on camera and see who's better, he goes. I think it just brings out the best of all of us. But I think it's cool to hear all these people after the fact talk about Gene Hackman with so much love. I don't know that you're gonna hear this type of thing when when God forbid one day, No, when what's his name? Does his rival, Gene Hackman's rival Michael Michael Kain when Michael Cae dies, you'll hear a lot of people go, man, he was he acted. Yeah, but you won't hear this outpouring of respect and love and admiration network. I'm just saying I've noticed it. It's palpable, Okay, I just want to say it takes a special kind of person to be asked about Gene Hackman to make the whole thing about yourself. That's true, that's true. But but keep in mind that's an old I was kidd to say with Bill Murray, these are old clips. They're old. Oh they are. Yeah, he didn't just know that hurt. Bill Murray and Kevin cost didn't run out yesterday to be on talk shows to talk about Gene Hackman within twenty four hours of his controversy. I thought he was that big of a deal, right, No, a big deal. I've seen them. I've seen these before. Yeah, they're recirculated. So yeah, all right, let's do this man. Let's talk a little sports next. There was a game last night Jerry shocked people in Indianapolis. There's lots of sports to get to and we'll do it next right here from the Chalk Talk Casino and Resort and Durant. But Ben, look to your left, right, how about this very exciting? Anytime we're at the Chalk Taw Casino, Resort, Durant, we touch base with our guy, Thomas O'Sullivan's in charge of the marketing at here. Thomas. What is going on, brother? How you doing? Holly?
Speaker 3: To I'm doing really good, man. It's been a great day. It's a beautiful day to come down and see us here at chalk Taw.
Speaker 1: We got you guys.
Speaker 3: This is the best time to come see you guys live and in person.
Speaker 1: Hell yea, yes, we love it here. And we've just noticed the vibes. People walking around, they're happy. Like here we are on a Friday. People are just at the beginning of instead of having a boring weekend at home, they drove right up the road from DFW. Now they're in Durant, Oklahoma, and they're about to have an incredible time. You could just see people smiling. They're about to have an awesome weekend. That's right.
Speaker 3: I have a thirteen year old, as he would say, the vibes are immaculate.
Speaker 1: You gotta love it.
Speaker 3: You know, this is a great day. We have lucky in love going on. So we're giving out two hundred thousand dollars every Saturday. People are earning entries. We're gonna start awarding prizes later today.
Speaker 1: Like this is it.
Speaker 3: This is the prime time.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now I just want details. Right there to my right is the Rewards Club Death And in order to get down you got to have the Chalktaw Rewards Club Card, So explain what all that is now it works for people.
Speaker 3: So the Rewards Club Card is your passport to everything chalk Taw. So we'll get all your information. We're able to get you signed up and send you emails let you know all the cool stuff that's coming. And really our chalk Taw Rewards members are the first to know. All you have to do is have an ID. It's totally free, and you get credit for your play. You get credit for your purchases when you stay in our hotel. All of those get you reward credits. You can work your way up in the program. You also earn entries for all of these amazing drawings and giveaways that we're doing here on the property.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's say somebody in Dallas Fort worths listening right now, and they're like, all right, I'm Peanut, Butter and Jelly, I want to be up there. How far in advance do you need to make your decision to come up here to chalk Talk and see the casino and resort and durant, Like, can you still get a room? Can you still get reservations? How far in advanced you need to be.
Speaker 3: Really, it is always open. We've always try and keep something on the market. You know, big shows coming up like Riba and Dancing with the Stars. We might sell out on those nights. So I definitely recommend as soon as you see a show you want book your hotel for that night. That's the best way to make sure you have a room.
Speaker 1: Can I can you promise me I can play black jack with Riba.
Speaker 3: I can't make any promises, but I will definitely do my best for you, my friend.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be needy or anything, but I don't know. It feels like it'd be a whole heck of a lot of fun. Okay, great, So Lucky in Love is going on, so we're tomorrow is March the first, so we have a whole other month left on Lucky and Love. Right, that's right, We've got a whole other month of Lucky in Love. So it's another one million dollars in prizes coming up throughout the month. So every Saturday is two hundred thousand dollars in prizes. You don't want to miss those opportunities. Every time you walk in though you're earning entries and you're increasing your chances of winning on Saturdays. Man, it's amazing. We're so happy to partner with the greatest fun factory anywhere in the region. This place is so much dang fun peg. Yeah, thank you for your partnership, thank you for believing in us, and thank you for showing all of our listeners a great time up here.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you, guys, as we say in Chalktaw, yako key for joining us. It is a pleasure to have you, and we look forward to having you many many more times.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, wait, you can't just drop that cleave. Did you say yaco key?
Speaker 3: Yaco key, and that means that means thank you in chalk Taw.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start rocket yako key. It's a lot like the great James Ingram song Yamo be there, but at shaco Key there. Yeah, there, you go. Very nice. All right, you heard the man. There's a lot of great things coming on going on up here. Go check out the concert calendar, book a data at a show, or just come up on a whim and make a weekend really special at the chalk Taw Casino and Resort, Durant, Oklahoma. Oh man, good times being had at the chalk Taw Casino and Resort, Durant, Oklahoma, having an awesome time. Actually, freak Jesus is up here running routes. Some guy just brought us some free little miniature nerve footballs. Incredible. We're throwing the ball around. We're right outside the district Hall where the food court area here is right by the rewards club and by the the greatest sports bar on earth out here at the chalk Tawk Casino and Resort, Durant, having a great time today. This segment right hers brought to you by her Tato Barbecue, some of the best barbecue could ever have in your life. Locations in Let's see if I can get this right again. Hurst.
Speaker 4: You do it?
Speaker 1: Oh so Mansfield, Mansfield, Okayton, fort Worth. And you know what, I'm just gonna build one in Hurst. Since I say it anyways, I'm gonna reach out to Brandon Hurtado. So it's Mansfield, Arlington fort Worth. There's been a lot of growth in Hurst lately. Two locations at Globe Life Field and then one in the Dallas Farmers Market. That's the brand new one. Brandon Hurtado's family spent on Mexicue. Man, it is phenomenal barbecue. So you want to go get some special barbecue here this weekend. Treat yourself to the greatness of Hurtado Barbecue. We got the Today game coming up, the weekly weekday update, in the big finish, all that's coming to way. But right now it's time for this. Good listeners.
Speaker 4: Here comes ktet around.
Speaker 1: Now, let's come around the sports. KT tweets as all the.
Speaker 2: Sports I believe I was the only member of the show who was not at the MAVs game last night.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that's right, So good job guys getting the dub for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: KT broke my daughter's heart. Yeah, by getting Lamello sick. Well, she's fourteen and all she cared about was going and watching Lamello last night. And then KT texts me all of us on the way said sorry, bad news, Lamello's out. So yeah, it was kind of like Delcas makes the weather. Yep, you made the injury. I was just trying to alter my prize picks action too, based on that. Who do I boost? You know? But yeah, that would I would be tripled down on Williams was bummer news. And that came down.
Speaker 2: But I'm glad he didn't play, you know, in hindsight, because you know, the MAVs need all they could get last night after an emotional trip to LA and all that stuff, and even the Golden State Sunday Day game.
Speaker 1: You gotta beat the Hornets at home. Man, they're so shorthanded, you know, so I think, of God, we still don't have Caleb Martin yet. Yeah, yeah, what Yeah I heard that on an injury update. Yeah. Yeah, there was a listening at Chers mid days. But you know, you look at the last couple of losses that the Hornets had. One was about fifty I think one was about forty. One was by thirty, and then they were without LaMelo and it was still a close game, which was surprising. But the MAVs are crazy shorthanded too, but I still thought even being short handed, it would be kind of an easy victory. Maps didn't play well. Yeah, they they couldn't shoot the ball in the first half and then they really honestly they didn't shoot the ball well until Kyrie said, let me show you guys how to make baskets. Yeah, if Kyrie didn't have whatever, it was a nine point third quarter that's one of those really stressful games when it didn't need to be. They just they were. I think they were below thirty percent from three in the first half below you know, it was like thirty eight percent from the field. Yeah, they're playing hard, they just couldn't make a bucket. And it worked out really well for me in that my daughter wanted to go to a Hornets game because they're not it's not the toughest ticket, yeah right right, but she loves LaMelo and so I had reached out to a really good friend who has phenomenal tickets and I was here, are you gonna be at the game? He was like, no, do you want my tickets? Immediately I was like, oh my gosh, seriously, yes, I would love that. And it just so happens that he has some of the best seats in the house front row, but right there by the MAVs bench. Yeah, there's four seats next to Jason Kidd. It's not those, but it's the next two. It's the end seats when the scores starts. Yeah, so you have a table for your drinks yeah, and stuff too, And it's it was surreal. The tickets were so good and I had tricked my daughter. I told her that the seats were up at the very top of the arena, and so I had my I had cat trick her too. On the way, she goes, hey, dad's really embarrassed about how bad the tickets are, so don't say anything about how bad they are. So that's in her head. And then we get there and we walk up. She's so excited. She's like, is Skin gonna be there? Skin gonna be there? She loves Skin. I was on the injury report, so we see Skin and Skin starts playing up to He goes, so, you guys are way up there, right, and we're like, yeah, we're way up there. We were asking questions about binoculars and stuff and so uh. She thought we were gonna have the worst tickets, but we ended up having good tickets. And then the best thing was Uncle Skin got her out on the court. She got to get a couple of shots up before the game. So she actually got on the court and shot some buckets. Really nice for him, dude, Yeah, what a dream. Yeah, except for Lamela not Yeah did she did? She still think that Di gets her bad. When you took her to the VIP club, she was eating crab and like sushi before the game. No, she loved it and we had it didn't matter that he didn't play. But like, there was one point in the game, I go, did you see like it was a time out, and I go, did you see what Kyrie did? So he started on his left, went to his right, went back to his left, you know, And she goes, yeah, did you see the lamello's down there?
Speaker 4: Like she was not.
Speaker 1: She was like looking at him in a sweatsuit, and that was like, you know, that was a bigger dealt to the other game. Yeah, st to the end. I know, Yeah, did y'all? There's no way y'all saw what I had? Moses Brown, dude, did you I heard about it? It's so good? No, I saw first of all, you got who was it the player that ran and jumped in your interview? Oh, Derek, Yeah, d which scared me now that I realized he was wearing a boot right, But he was very excited. They're all very excited for Moses Brown, who's going to play his last game Saturday because they're out of money. What do you mean they're out of money? They can't sign him any longer? Why can't they just sign him because of the Caleb Martin deal. Oh so they they're over the cap. They care there two where they are at the apron that they can't sign it up. They cannot sign him no matter what. No, no, I mean address dressing out.
Speaker 2: So if he didn't play, if you didn't need him, or and it's just he's on the roster for five games.
Speaker 1: He's on the roster for five, doesn't matter if he plays right. No, no, no, his final game up Saturday against the I can't believe the league has that rule, Like a team can't even defend themselves against injuries if they're over Yeah, I don't know if they can file for special exemption or what. Maybe they could have I don't know. Wow, I don't know that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Plus, you know what happened with the Lakers straight so maybe you could just give us a little bit of help.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah. Anyways, last night I had Moses Brown shout out Gator because Gator loved him the first time he was here. Yeah, so anyway, so it's just kind of funny. He looked at the camera goes, thank you for supporting me, Gator. Out of context. That's a crazy thing to say. What's going on in Indianapolis. Bro what's going on? And now in indian episodes of the Combine they have big Combine fight the other day.
Speaker 2: It was reported earlier in the week that Jerry was not going to go, but then there were reports that he's there, but he's not meeting with the media because he's got other meetings.
Speaker 1: Come on, dude, so I don't really know he's got other meetings in Indianapolis he accidentally scheduled during the comments. That sounds likely very strange.
Speaker 2: Come on, I do have four quick things that I would say the top cowboy story on is osa O DIGGI Zoo the defense attack or are they going to sign him to twenty million dollars. I do fear he's gonna get Tyrone crawforded by by Cowboys fans like he's gonna be a guy.
Speaker 1: You signed who doesn't get ten sacks. And then everyone's like, well you're painting that much. He can's growf for got hurt so much. Not a position love Tyron Crawford. And but they is is this is he the three technique which is again the most important thing in the scheme, And yeah, okay, well, and he's.
Speaker 2: A top fifteen defensive tackle in football. He will be paid like a top twelve defensive tackle in five him. And we just have to rework our brains too. That's that's a twenty million dollars position for that guy.
Speaker 1: And it's just basically it's the price of the it's the exact amount. Well, the cap went up twenty five. It's reworking your brain. That eggs are six dollars a cart. Now you're just changing you. You got the way you think about things. Does a cat go up twenty five? Yeah? Yeah, something like that. So then the cap went enough, one up enough to keep Oz diggy.
Speaker 2: Was all the running backs the Cowboys are meeting with at the Combine and then many have said yeah, I'm a thirty thirty visit, which means they get to come later on. Basically, the Collies are showing there they're going to draft a running back at twelve. I don't know that twelve running back. Okay, Jent is not meeting with them, but he said, no, it's no big deal. I'm not beating with the combine. I'm coming into Dallas and you know, next month or whatever. All right, he's the running back from Boise State. The best running back in the draft by many people's view.
Speaker 1: And he went to First Skill High School. Yeah, yeah, yeah, shot, he's having a pretty good run right now. Guys, man, he's on a good role. He uh. He said something about calling. Uh.
Speaker 2: He spent a lot of his time, you know, the last like he does this every off season. He calls coaches and says who are up and coming coaches? And he just spends a lot of time doing And I'm like, well, there's something that Joneses don't do often. Like, dude, he's in there calling and saying, well, who's the guy.
Speaker 1: You don't know about it?
Speaker 2: They've hired, They've hired a bunch of like young coaches that are good up and coming guys.
Speaker 1: In the league.
Speaker 2: So it is gonna be a little different. So there's a lot weird shoddy optimism. The last one I would have to stay on top. I thought, should Sanders had some amazing comments, why.
Speaker 4: Don't we do it?
Speaker 1: On the other side, We're gonna do Yeah, we're gonna do it. Coming up next, the only segment of the day that shalt be podcasted. It is the Today Game right here at the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. But it's been at skin show broadcasting line from the chalk Tak Casino in Resort Durant, Oklahoma. Having a great time up here today. Hopefully you're heading up here this weekend or some weekend soon. Don't have an ordinary weekend. Make it extra special coming up to the chalk Taw Casino and Resort Durant. Also, dude, think about the landing. It's the casino that they built in Hoachatown, Yes, and a lot of people aren't aware that it's there. I mean, there is a fully functioning casino. They got about one hundred rooms there. But you can go there and gamble and have a great time. There's a restaurant, there's a stage there. It's a pretty cool thing. And I know you still have your haunted cabin there in Hoachatown. So but I mean, people forget that there is a chalk Talk casino there in Broken Boat. I think my daughter and her boyfriend will remember that when they go this weekend. My wife has been there and loves it, says it. Tawson has been to the Chalkedaw Landings there in Hoacha Town. So you know, we're always talking about Chalk Talk casino and resort Durant. But don't forget they got it in Hoachtown Tall Landings as well. Yeah, and I'm looking here. I'm sitting here looking at all the things they got coming up. Okay, So in March they have UFC three thirteen going on there. They have oh they have petty zoos and stuff like that for kids. So it's you know, they have pool parties. The weather's about to get nice again. Awesome pool. They got a pool pond. Pond pond would be good for you. Yeah, pool, good for other other people. I like the idea. Have a petty zoo yep where you go and everybody's just real petty to you while tom petty music. Okay, I like that. I like that very much. Shout out to the great Mike Renner. Uh okay. This segment's brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen and Plano, Texas Skin. Why do people flock to Plano, Texas to go to Andrews? They want that good pizza. I mean it's the Dallas Morning News. Readers voted it best in df dub. They were inspired, and you know it's funny, man. I bet some of those readers hadn't even had all five different styles of pizza that they have, but they've mastered them all Chicago, Detroit, Philly, Tavern, New York, and their own Dallas style. They're all excellent. And then of course a great uh set of pasta dishes as well, an awesome bar. We love it right there at Preston and Plano Parkway. It is Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 6: And now it's time for Basis Weekday up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets hero the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: March coming. You ready? That guy's nicks were hard, were they?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Good luck change, sir, Yeah, March coming. Daylight saving times next Sunday, So March ninth. I'm just getting some things on your radar because today's last day Everywuary.
Speaker 1: So that's spring Ford. So we lose an hour, Yeah, cheat did? It's all right though, you It's an easy trade off because the weather. Yeah, this weather's best weather's I mean, are you guys gonna be doing some golfing? I need to? The problem is in this, believe it or not. Getting a tea time is pretty tough for when the times that we have, because you'd have to start super early. Yeah, and everyone you know, gets that and then goes into work like actual people do that. What about the people they can just go play golf at one o'clock? Yeah, they have lots of money. Yeah, that means that they hit a jackpot up here. Oh they were lucky in love. Do you guys know that when spring actually begins? Yeah, it's March twentieth. That is correct. Wow, thank you you knew that? Yep, he guessed. Nope, you know. We'll get some other stuff there. So let's do the story in Irving. And I don't know, man, how much of this is just a play, it's just a leverage thing. How much of this is real?
Speaker 2: But it's a story that was in the Dallas Morning News and it was one of the top stories in town yesterday. So they had a big work session at the Irving City Council where they reviewed and enthusiastically voted to start a rezoning application. And this is a one and eighty two acre plot of land that's owned by Las Vegas Sands Court.
Speaker 1: It's basically where Jerry's old well what Jerry's were Cowboys Stadium US. It's across from Texas Stadium. Yeah. So basically what they said is in these zoning changes, and I don't even know what all this means. It gets real tough of that, but in these zoning changes, it would create an area that is ear marked for an.
Speaker 2: Areno with a minimum of fifteen thousand seats or an indoor theater with a minimum of four thousand seats.
Speaker 1: So they're creating something. Yeah. Other permitted uses on that piece of land may include casino gaming if it's authorized under the constitution of the State of Texas. Yeah, it's always like maybe things. The Irving Mayor Rick stop for he's the guy who gave Kevin Costner the key to the city. Oh right, is that right? Yeah? Irving Mayor Rick says this is transformational. Yeah, and he thinks this could be approved by March twentieth. All that means is like the zoning could change and all that. I thought this was interesting. The councilman, Kyle, he says this. Kyle Taylor says, quote, this allows us to maintain our seat at the table and a table full of moving chairs. Okay, there's Mark and dude, I thought Irving was left for dead. Honestly, when the cowboys left. There's not a lot out there. I mean, Los Calinas is there, the Four Seasons is there, but then there's just a bunch of warehouses. Those horses, that statues, those horses are still there. But this would this would allow Irving to keep their seat at the table. And so much is moving north right, look at Frisco dominating right now. Salina is about to be huge. Durant Oklahoma, right, and so this would give them a chance to I think this is going to happen. But dude, if I had to bet on it, I would bet a billion dollars if I had it that they absolutely are going to move to that spot and Irving. Yes, some averatudement. Yes, I believe all the rumors. No, I don't know how any inside information. I don't know what I'm talking about, just saying to me putting the clues together, and I'm one of the world's greatest detectives, as you guys know. Yes, I believe that they will be in Irving. I think the Dumont Adelson family has no, I guess, for lack of a better word, allegiance to Dallas proper. In other words, the things that Cuban was so passionate about. I don't think that that transfers to the new ownership. You also think that there's people that in Dallas that think it's already lost, like already looking okay, when we lose the Mavericks, here's what we need to go try to get. I think that's already a mindset in Dallas. Yeah, And I thought it was interesting how this article was worded. You know, in the Dallas Morning News, they are careful to mention one thing. I'm just gonna read this paragraph for h real quick. Remember Dumont and new mav CEO Rick Welts have consistently said Dallas is the franchise hope someday to build a new arena. But technically Irving is in Dallas County r.
Speaker 2: This area of land is in Irving city limits, right, And does rickwell to just moved here and Patrick Dumont.
Speaker 1: Like they don't don't care about that, care who cares? And its Dallas Cowboys play football at Arlington and they're practice facilities in Frisco and they're the Dallas Cowboys. And the Dallas Cowboys played in this exact same plot of land. And it's also, by the way, if you go, oh, I don't know, three miles west, you're in Dallas City. Yeah, like it's it's on the edge anyway. Sure, So I don't, I don't. I think the you know, what it comes down to is it comes down to, oh, okay, now we're talking about city tax dollars and all this kinds of stuff. Uh, it's leverage, it's leverage. But I mean they own the land. Yeah. Uh, and you know, Dallas will have a play and all that stuff and maybe it'll all come together and who knows. All right, it's going to be like five or six years. So has happened, so not you know, it's needed, right because at least is through twenty thirty. But yeah, it's seven more years, twenty thirty one. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think twenty thirty one. Yeah. I mean, I'm I I see Patrick Dumont at every game, you know, sitting there mid quarter most of the time. I'm assuming, and they're always have somebody with them, so I'm assuming they're working on this deal or other deals or something. We had the mayor of Dallas with him. I guess that was the first game he had been back since the trade.
Speaker 2: Moving on trying the pumps for something we were doing. We're gonna do at five forty a little bit.
Speaker 1: This is the everyone knows. Questions usually begin with these seven or its who? What, no, no, no?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Who would be one?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: I like?
Speaker 1: When we name all the interrogative words, when, how, where, why, and how? That's six. What's the other one? When? Or when? We did? When we said whatever?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: When?
Speaker 1: Where? Why? How? And are Google? Are you going to the ball later? Yeah? Google's top top by searched. You know, questions for the month of February. Okay, who I know? What? Do you think the who question was? Who is Luka? Don't know? Who is Nico Harrison?
Speaker 2: Nope, that that's just Dallas very intensive. You guys branch out here. Who won album of the year?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what one album of the year. That's good.
Speaker 2: I didn't get it's a good dry. What were the Dallas Mavericks thinking? Time does the Super Bowl start?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You guys got to think back in February. Earlier in February. But when when is Valentine? When will I be young? When is Valentine's They people know that when will I be young? What does that mean? Like? Those are not tom? When will PlayStation servers be back up? Okay? Good question, fair question?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: What? When? Where? Where?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 1: Where is? Who's that morning reporter you love so much? Matt Lawer? Where the world is? Where is Peyton Yeager? No? Very fringe, I mean just very niche. If you watch Fox for, you got it. If you don't watch Fox for, you're questioning everything. God. Where to watch the Grammys two thousand and five? Yeah, yeah, a lot of people watch it? Your house? Why? Why should I watch the Grammys this year at your house? Why should age? Why?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: Why at your house? Why was Taylor mood? How? How is an Indian welcome? Yes?
Speaker 3: How? How? How?
Speaker 1: How many time? How many? How is Valentine's Day this year? How is it? How big of a prize? You know? How big of a gift do I need to get for Valentine's Day for it to pay off for me? How tall is Kendrick Lamar? That's pretty good? Yeah? Five? Three? And then are are you going to the mall? Are you taller than Kendrick Lamar? Our PlayStation surfers down? Yeah? Yeah, a lot of questions about that that breaked out a lot of people. Yeah, so basically people only care about PlayStation and the Grammy pretty much at the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Those are the three things that's incredible. Really Coming up next, yep, the Academy Awards or Sunday Night, And I have a challenge for you, fellas, and guess what you can steal.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can steal the Academy Awards this year. That's next, Okay, I want to steal. Oh yes, it's the Bend and Skin Show ninety some point one the Eagle wrapping up our show out here at the Chalk Tawk Casino and Resort, Durant, Oklahoma. I see that big lucky and love standing billboard there thing right there in front of me where people are getting their pictures taking. I think about someone is going to win their share of one point eight million dollars tomorrow just by coming out here and having fun having the Choctaw Rewards Club card, So make sure you have that when you come out here. We bumped into some friends from the prosper area that are out here with their daughters getting ready to go see a concert. So this is a fantastic place, lots of fun. Come on out and make it a part of your weekend. Now tomorrow, if you're not here, we would love for you to be up in Salina at our brewery, Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery that Ben and I are partners in. There are the sponsors of this segment. And tomorrow is the Big Wild West Chili Fest Cookoff celebrating Texas Independence. That's a great day to be up there at Rollertown head to head chili battles. You get to taste, it's magically delicious. It's always a lot of fun. I really enjoyed last year's and then aside from that, we got twenty fresh local beers on tap up There so much beer to choose from. Make it up to Rollertown in Solina. You're gonna love it. If you can't, there's all kinds of restaurants all around the DFW area that carry Rollertown on tap. And then of course you can buy cans at places like HB and Total Wine and more. I know some liquor depots have it, for example, if your favorite spot Pogos right there in the Park Cities. If you don't, if your favorite spot doesn't have it, ask them to carry it, Say hey, they're Benny Keith. Those guys are distributed by Benny Keith. Get the roller Town in here. We'd certainly appreciate that. But right now it's time for this kill Thing's big thing is big.
Speaker 2: That's Big Sunday Night's the Academy Awards. That's the Oscars. Yep, ten movies are nominated. Seeing a few of them we'll discuss on Monday.
Speaker 1: See whatever happens here. I let's have some fun here though. Nineteen seventy three to twenty twenty three. That's fifty years of movies, okay, And the way this game goes is you will pick a year.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you the movies. You tell me who won, and if you don't get it, you the other guy can steal. All right, all right, so we'll start with your skin. Just give me a year nineteen seventy three to twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Give me the year Ben and I graduated from high school nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighty nine. That's the strategy in this game, you might know. All right, Here we go in alphabetic quarter.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Born on the fourth of July, Dead poet Society, driving Miss Daisy, Field of Dreams and my left foot.
Speaker 1: Driving Miss Daisy one. That's correct. One point for Jeff Skinway, well done, thanks man, Ben. Give me twenty twenty three, twenty twenty three. I like what you're doing here, dude, I like what you're doing here. American Fiction.
Speaker 2: Anatomy of a Fall, Barbie, The Holdovers, Killers of Fire Moon Oppenheimer, Maestro, Past Lives, Poor Things, The Zone of Interest Oppenheimer, Ben correct, one to one over to Jeff's skin Wave.
Speaker 1: Give me the year two thousand thou because of the whole y two k thing?
Speaker 2: Okay, two thousand Choco a lot, crouching tiger, hidden dragon, Aaron Brockovic, Gladiator and traffic.
Speaker 1: Uh, that was a crouching tiger, hidden dragon. It's incorrect. You can steal chalk a lot.
Speaker 2: That's incorrect. Christaying at the house gets the point, all right?
Speaker 1: What one gladiator? Oh, gladiator got the win? What year was that? Two thousand? Yep? Okay, Ben, your year?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Give me twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, twenty twenty two. All quiet on the Western Front. Avatar, the Way of the Water, the Banshees of Insurance, Elvis, everything everywhere, all at once. The Fableman's tar top gun Maverick, Triangle of sadness and women.
Speaker 1: Talking everything everywhere all at once. That is correct. Then takes the lead back to Skin.
Speaker 2: Give me nineteen seventy three, nineteen seventy three, fifty years ago, and more American graffiti, cries and whispers, the Exorcist, the sting, and a touch of class.
Speaker 1: I believe the sting one, that's correct. Wow, the skin up to two? Ben at two, ben give me twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Been working backwards, doing a good job of not testing the memory too much. I like it, Belfast Coda, don't look up, drive my car, Dune King, Richard, Licorice Pizza, Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog, and West.
Speaker 1: Side Story, Lickors Pizza. I would like to steal Coda. Code is correct. Child of Death Adults, I believe the story of Craig Coda Poolmaker. That is a joke for one, and I celebrate. Did Skin three been two? Uh? It is your year here Skin, Let's go nineteen seventy four. I remember when I was three. He's working his way up here. We have a clockwork orange fiddler on the roof.
Speaker 2: The French Connection, the Last Picture Show and Nicholas and Alexandra.
Speaker 1: It's either the French Connection or the Last Picture Show. And I believe it was the Last Picture Show. It's incorrect, steal uh, let.
Speaker 2: Me get him agoin the French Connection, A clockwork orange fiddler on the roof and Nicholas and Alexandra.
Speaker 1: I'll go the French Connection. That's correct, Bennett. Three, damn it been your year. I will go twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Dent' dn' dn' dn't dn't dn' dn't d dn't dn't twenty twenty we have Oh yeah, we played in this one. If you remember the Father, Judas and the Black Messiah, No Madland, mank Manari promising young woman the Sound of Metal on the Trial of.
Speaker 1: The Chicago seven. Damn, I do not remember to go Minari incorrect? Can I hear those again? Yes? The Father Judas and the Bike Messiah, the mank No Madland. It was no mad Land. Yes, she went number two in that bucket. Yeah, that's right. I had to watch it because we did a bet on it. Yeah, terrible, No Madland was your winner. The Sound of Metal Real Quick one of the status movies I've ever seen. It is a really incredible performance, though, what's it about it's about a heavy metal drummer going down. Oh that's right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It have been quite a five years for deaf movies. Yeah, four for Skin, Ben as three.
Speaker 1: It is your year. Skin. Let's have some fun. Let's go nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighty, that's your definition of fun. Coal Miner's Daughter, the Elephant Man, Ordinary People, Raging Bull, and Tess.
Speaker 1: I know which too. It's down to me too. I believe it's ordinary People. That is correct, skipped to five. That was not one of my two.
Speaker 2: That is a That movie will rip you apart. I don't want to be ripped apart enough and dude or anymore.
Speaker 1: What a performance by Mary Tyler Moore, who everyone loved and ended up giving the performance of the biggest be Oh my god, twenty nineteen. Ben goes to twenty nineteen, a year we do remember. Things were pretty normal back in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: I like this part Ford versus Ferrari, The Irishman, Jojo Wabbitt Joker, Little Women, Marriage Story, Parasite nineteen seventeen.
Speaker 1: Once upon a Time in Hollywood Parasite. Correct. Oh, I love that movie so mock really good. Parasite. Okay, let's do. It's a skin five been four, Let's do nineteen seventy nine, seventy nine, back when baseball as popular, all that jazz Apocalypse now Breaking Away, Kramer versus Kramer, Norma Ray.
Speaker 2: The winner is Kramer versus Kramer. It is Kramer versus Kramer. Michael Richards great in that movie Hi.
Speaker 1: Epics, funny joke. I would have given it to Breaking Away, which still holds up. Dude, Breaking Away absolutely still holds up. Give me twenty eighteen, twenty eighteen, Here we go, Black Panther, Black Klansman, Bohemian Rhapsody, the favorite green book, Roma, A Star Is Born, and Vice. Damn, I don't none of those immediately come to mind. Let me hear him again.
Speaker 2: Black Panther, Black Klansman, Bohemian Rhapsody, the favorite green book, Roma, A Star is Born.
Speaker 1: And Vice. I'm gonna go with the favorite incorrect skin for the Sun that's also in Christina Gets the Boys. Do you know what it was?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: But Roma is a great restaurant in Bishop Parts. Okay, there it is, shout out rama?
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Green Book, which I haven't seen, but it often makes these like a little list of like movies who won that shouldn't have Dude, Black Clansman's great. I mean that was good, but you know, yeah, six for skin, been with four, Okay. I went to do nineteen eighty one, eighty one, Here we go, Atlantic City, Chariots of Fire on Golden Pond, Raiders of the Lost Arc, and Reds. It was Chariots of Fire, which is movie you reference all too often. It's so good. Kind of boring though, Uh, you know.
Speaker 2: That's how I would kind of describe half of the Brutalist and a Complete Unknown, which I really like both of those movies.
Speaker 1: Honora is not boring, it's fun. But I was like, is it better than those of the two. There's my editorializing, are good? That's good?
Speaker 2: Shot Clock seventeenth, twenty seventeen. Because I've been mentioned Shotcock. That was our double up phrase of the segment.
Speaker 1: Twenty seventeen, he said, call me by your name, Darkest Hour, Dunkirk featuring Harry Styles, Get Out, Ladybird, Phantom Thread, The Post, The Shape of Water and three billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri. The Shape of Water. That's correct, been for two points up to six skids at seven. Uh, let's do nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 2: Nineteen seventy eight was a year that had coming Home, The deer Hunter, Heaven can Wait, Midnight Express an unmarried Woman.
Speaker 1: It was the deer Hunter. That's correct. Two skin He's up to nine. Back to Bed twenty sixteen. Been working his way backwards methodically and he has He's reverse cow Ben Arrival Fences, Heck saw Ridge, hell or High Water, Hidden Figures, La La Land, Lion, Manchester by the Sea and Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight correct famously Moonlight Yeah from the Ned Baby screw up Ben eight Skin nine. His name is Warren. Two minute warning, Oh my God, two minute warnings, Come to the wire, give me nineteen eighty two et Gandhi Missing TUTSI, The Verdict Gandhi, Gandhi's correct up till eleven. There's only four of them. That was five. Should you give me like nine movies? Wa? It should be? Well, that's what happened later they started adding more movies as a yeah, all right, I see where you're better off going older. Give me twenty fifteen, twenty fifteen, The Big Short, Bridge of Spies, Brooklyn, mad Max, Fury Road, The Martian, The Revenant, Room and Spotlight spotlight, it is spotlight up to ten. Did you end up seeing that it was spotlight and moonlight back to back years? Uh? Huh, okay, I'll do ninetheen seventy seven. He does not want to go to the nineties Annie Hall, The Goodbye Girl, Julia, Star Wars and The Turning Point, Annie Hall. That's correct. Skin for thirteen twenty fifteen. Ben already did twenty fifteen. You go to fourteen American Sniper Boyhood, Birdman, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Imitation Game, Selma, the Theory of Everything in Whiplash, Birdman correct benefit twelve skin What am I at? Thirteen? I'll take nineteen seventy? Have I done six? Nope? Okay.
Speaker 2: All the President's Men bound for Glory, Network, Rocky taxi Driver.
Speaker 1: Wow, God, there's not even that many of them. I forgot. I think it was actually network Network is incorrect. Ben from the Steel and the victory. If he does not get it, Christina wins the entire game. Give me the remaining choices. All the President's Men bound for glory, Rocky taxi Driver. Did you say all the President's Men? Did you also say taxi driver? Look at me? Did you say today, say all the President's men bound for Cory, Rocky and taxi driver the man, All the President's men. I think it's Rocky, not the one I'm choosing. Christina. What do you think of I just said, it's not the one I'm choosing. I'm going, what are the other ones? Time to go? What are the other ones? All?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Rocky, it's correct, Ben Rogers, And with that he will be meeting everyone outside the Love Sign here at Choctaw. I'll never forget the time that KT played the Academy Awards game. He looked at all of Choctaw and he said, you know, Pelicans have a throat pouch. Have a good weekend, everybody. Christine is playing some tunes next here on the Eagle here you're going
Speaker 3: You're right, I'm gonna get my sock back, dude, al aright,