Speaker 1: Streaming live on the iHeartRadio AP. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back, Joining the ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera, Your Troy Hotshits and hutches.
Speaker 3: NGO, Easycats dot Com.
Speaker 2: Henry, You're you're on Cue your turn.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball breaking news on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 4: We spoke about it at the end of the first hour. But the Arizona women's basketball team defeated U n OV seventy five to sixty six yesterday to improve two four and oho on the season.
Speaker 2: So what they were down, I guess in the fourth quarter and they came back right and went at home.
Speaker 3: Was what was the reason? Did someone get hot?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know, somebody got hot.
Speaker 6: Some tough rebounding, They created turnovers Idea Burnes basketball in terms of getting out there and pressing and creating the turnovers. The leader of fastwak points.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 2: The that star girl who was hurt last year you didn't play due Yeah, yeah, I wonder how she did.
Speaker 6: You know, she's been coming off the bench but playing well. Kind of getting back to for him.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Kansas defeated in Michigan State seventy seven to sixty nine, and Kentucky defeated Duke seventy seven to seventy two in the State Farm Champions Classic in Atlanta last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I didn't see the first game. I saw the second game, a very good game. Ker obviously doing Kurr things in the flag. And the other kid's good too, the other freshman I can't remember his name from Duke, whatever his name is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they also had the transfer from Purdue that plays very well for them as well for Duke.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, sorry, that's for Kansas.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeahh okay, but yeah, you know Cooper Flag, that's you know, we all talk about it. He's everything we all and all. Yeah, dude, basketball right now, And did.
Speaker 2: You see that? I mean he's good obviously. Obviously I'm in my naked iceerre the first round draft pick, the top ten, big top five, maybe the first guy. Yeah, and he's very talented, but you know what, he's a freshman. Yeah, he had two flubs in the final minutes, final minute on twenty seconds. Yeah, that custom the game right away, you know, here on this show or in mini shows, like this, Troy, I say that we're all seismologists because we can talk about the earth Creek after it's happened, not before it's happened. Right, And what's not to expect the freshmen, no matter how good you are, to make some mistakes, and seniors to make some mistakes. They're asking him to do a lot. So if you carry the ball a lot, guess what could happen?
Speaker 6: You could fumble, especially at what six seven, six eight? Yeah, trying to go amongst the guards and not have the ball slip out. And you know what if you're due. Yes, they're very good, but you might be limited on how good you could be because of that.
Speaker 2: Well, and then again, what's today exactly? Third game?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 3: Third game?
Speaker 2: What does it matter?
Speaker 3: March?
Speaker 2: You can go twenty and ten, you can do whatever. And everybody knows that Arizona fans hold their hats on this. Finish fifth in the league and win the title. Do you remember you finished fifth in the league? Hey, I know, you just like to talk about it when you're fifth in the league and you're going to the tournament saying we did it in ninety seven, maybe we could do it again. Yeah, yeah, you know, am I you hear it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly doesn't matter if you're a one seed, No, two, three, four or five.
Speaker 2: There was one and you saw this and I'm not begging on them, but it's the fact there was Almos the team most to lose or that has lost the most as a higher seed ever.
Speaker 3: In the tournament.
Speaker 6: I think most losses as the number two seed as well. And you know what, but yeah, Arizona has the most in terms of upsetting number one seeds in the tournament, the most historic runs in that sure as a four seed.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: What does it matter to me? That'll that on a nickel gets you a nickel? But my point, it doesn't matter. Yeah, it doesn't. None of it does until March. Yeah, okay, Henry, sorry, sort of slow you down.
Speaker 4: It came out today that Spurs coach Greg Polovitch suffered a mild stroke on November two and is expected to make a full recovery.
Speaker 2: There is no timeline for when he will return to coaching. Yeah did it say when? Was he yet on the court or was he at home or something? I didn't say where.
Speaker 3: He didn't say where.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my biggest fear, My biggest fear don't get old, Troy, don't get old guys. I'll just stay at twenty nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, hell I almost.
Speaker 2: It was so bad for me yesterday almost kissed in the area. Yes, I mean accidentally, but I didn't.
Speaker 4: The Colts announced today that they will go back to Anthony Richardson as the starter over Joe Flaka.
Speaker 3: What do they have to lose exactly?
Speaker 2: Why Why wasn't he.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he's going to quit on him? He said he was tired.
Speaker 6: No, I get it, I get it, And he shouldn't have said that. He should have He should have just say, hey, I had some treatment I needed to get. I wasn't one hundred per You make up something. But what does Flak get even if Flacco got them joy of playoffs?
Speaker 2: What does that get you long term? Well, and that's why, obviously, that's why they're doing it. They have to figure out what the young quarterback can do. If they can't do, if he can't do what they think he can do, guess well, he's he's gone and get somebody else. What's my saying from last week and my news saying, in fact, I'm gonna buy a hat with it. We live in a good or begune world, Yeah, be good or be gone. And that's my andy lopus that line.
Speaker 6: And now after the I'm tired, Oh, I need to take a break. Now your lisha shorter than before.
Speaker 8: Black Friday is coming. And for the adults in your life.
Speaker 9: Who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just puts. Get one hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred Through Cyber Monday. This is Baptisian dot Com slash cocktail. That's p A R T E s I A N dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cocktail because guess what it could happen again.
Speaker 4: Aaron Rodgers came out today and said that he does plan on playing next year in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Everybody, I want to admit something, I am a jerk. No, that's too easy.
Speaker 3: No, but I think everybody knows that already.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is he the most unlikable Hall of Fame quarterbacking?
Speaker 7: Quite?
Speaker 2: Oh? I thought you were gonna say something else, unlike ok, so again your question.
Speaker 6: As a Hall of Fame he's going to be a Hall of Fame quarter one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time? Is he the most unlikable in terms of just personality where everybody's like, you know what, screw that guy?
Speaker 2: Probably? I thought you were gonna say, is he the most unlikable athlete? Right now, I'll give you that answer, yes, that question. No really, yeah, yeah, I'll give you one.
Speaker 3: Jack Paul.
Speaker 2: They want they yeah, yeah, because he's a boxer. They want they want Tyson to beat the crap out of Friday Night.
Speaker 3: They will, he will, he will.
Speaker 2: Well, we can only hope, but I mean it's it's an exhibition fight, but people are hoping that will happen. It's like it's like a politician. If you don't like them, whatever, they're not gonna vote for you. That's a good one. That's good. I'm just saying that the major, like the main. I get it, but I thought that's what you're gonna go with. Is he the most unlikeable? Well, no, Jake Paul. They want him to you want him to lose, to shut up. Is that because Tyson's so well liked.
Speaker 3: I don't know. No, probably probably because they don't like Jake Paul.
Speaker 4: It was revealed today that the homes of Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelsey were burger last month, according to police reports.
Speaker 2: Right, that's okay.
Speaker 6: They have some reps throw some flags on those guys, so they'll be okay.
Speaker 2: Financially, did you say what the took I think it said.
Speaker 4: The loss was around twenty thousand dollars each cash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, only cash too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, look you have two bucks in my house.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't got twenty thousand dollars just sitting around on the coffee table.
Speaker 2: I think I can change. I got about that. That's all I got. But they have to take the change to the to the Walmart to get in the machine, you know, to count it to count. But you know my car, my car might be worth that. Yeah, it's not laying around. Well, it's got a lot of miles, I'm told, yeah it does. Yeah, so okay, it's good quality miles. Yeah, and I'm dripping with you. Where where are we gone? We've gone to La?
Speaker 3: Where do we go? Vegas?
Speaker 2: What did you drive Vegas?
Speaker 3: You're my uber? You and Brian Peterson Amoni in Vegas?
Speaker 2: Twice?
Speaker 3: Did we?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You drove?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How do I put my trust in you?
Speaker 2: Guys? I put my trust in you to drive my car to take a little lat you did. I don't even remember that. Yeah, it was scary, but you know you slept like a baby.
Speaker 3: Stuff like a baby.
Speaker 2: Henry, don't get old, man, don't get old, and don't become a journalist.
Speaker 3: Sorry it's too late.
Speaker 2: Device.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'd be a business man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anybody else you can get time. We got about seven minutes. You guys want to call, please do five to two oh four one six seventy four forty uh Like I said to tea money, If you want to call in, please do. We didn't get your conversation on the air, but I listened to you and I told Troy what you were saying, and we both agree with you that this is not on not entirely. I think there's some there's some I Noah, and and well, you know the I would say, if it's a one hundred percent, I like percentages. Of course, everyone knows that coach seventy five percent, and the rest players and a little bit more to know because he's the quarterback.
Speaker 6: I'd go seventy five percent, coaches, ten percent injuries and the cats on the players.
Speaker 3: Fifteen percent of injury on the players. Yeah, okay, I don't.
Speaker 2: Blame the players as much. And you had all the right pieces, yet you have the same pieces last year.
Speaker 3: Really, if you okay again.
Speaker 6: Except for Jacob calling okay and and Jordan Morgan on the offensive line, you returned most of your starting line. You returned a better backfield than last year on paper at least. And then yeah, tetro omen, I know if you got everything set on offense, and yet that's been the biggest detriment where defensively you were replacing pieces and they look better at times and last years defense before they got.
Speaker 2: The offense is just kind of just bland. And you know, it's like a bit like a Brendan Press covers.
Speaker 6: It's very vanilla. Yeah, they could put a cup of coffee to sleep. Oh wow, I've never heard that one before. And see how that happens. Just don't put it in the percolator. Yeah, okay, luckily you don't write that way. Hey I do. Oh I'm gonna have to you. Oh I thought you did, Joy Steve good lick with that. I about have to think you have to pay for the site now? Yeah, well no, I think I'm already. I used to write for you guys. That should be a member, lifetime member. All the subscriptions I got you guys. Hey, we're selling prescription double price day.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, I'm you want to read me?
Speaker 2: I'm tired of writing. Uh okay, so it's a four nine. We got about five minutes. What do you want to do here? We talked more about anything else, anything else on the periphery with the Arizona sports or anything going on.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I know that National Signing Day today? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, they they signed somebody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, baseball had theirs softball basketball? Uh you know Arizona base, Arizona basketball. Uh, you know, kind of a boring national signing dude. This one dude, five star recruit, he talked about him, tell me, yeah, you know. Uh, he's the guy that Arizona is really fond of and looks to be a key piece moving forward. But he is very young, very raw, five star kid and Dwayne our Stead our Instead where's he from?
Speaker 3: He is?
Speaker 2: He is from New Hampshire, New Hampshire. Is not an international guy.
Speaker 6: No, and you know, six foot seven and eighty pounds for slash guard. Could add a little weight there, but probably not gonna play right away.
Speaker 3: And that's that's that's what I'm sure that's okay.
Speaker 6: But they like his tools, they like his what he mentioned and he mentions with a lot of his records high basketball IQ, right, I think that's one of the main things they look for.
Speaker 2: I love that too, because that goes on unappreciated. Oh, I appreciated because some of Arizona's best basketball teams had a lot of IQ because they do have to play together.
Speaker 6: And this isn't a knock on the Sean Miller era in general, but how many of those five star recruits like your Alonzo Triers and stuff like that. Did you say, oh, that guy's got a high bass like you're Stanley Johnson's. Not very many, not very many.
Speaker 2: The one who who was very high IQ was a no star or two star or one star. TJ McConn, Yeah, TJ McConnell, Yeah, yeah, Solomon Hill, although he was probably a loot recruit.
Speaker 3: And then he came here, I.
Speaker 6: Would say, Aaron Gordon and yeah, what's his name, Ronde Hollis Jefferson, very high defensive i Q.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stud to basketball stud. Yeah, yeah, no question.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: I thought the kid that was here and he went to buy U was Barcelo was one of those guys similar to TJ a little bit. Yeah, And I think he And I even mentioned this with Sean that I thought that I saw a little Sean and him when Shawn was playing to a very gritty, gutty guy and and and and my and and and Sean looked at me like, shut up, you know, shut up, what are you talking about? But I saw that in him and I covered Sean way back in the late eighties nineties. Uh, just you know, because he had those eyes and those intimidating eyes and and TJ.
Speaker 6: McConnell was a little bit like Sean Gretty. You're an extension of the coach on the floor, right, Yeah, no question. But getting back to that, I mean, you look at Arizona's roster right now, Jen and Bradley for the most part a high i Q player.
Speaker 2: Maybe it doesn't make the right PA.
Speaker 3: I'll take it. Take that. I'll take that.
Speaker 6: Carter Bryant high i Q player. I know he's very young but always learning. I think Henry Henry K. J. Lewis hi j i Q player, I think very much so Trade in Townsend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I asked you know you you especially see those in guys who don't have all the skills, all the physical skills, because you have to over encompensate.
Speaker 6: Like a waka every time he gets the ball or is playing defense, he's in the right position. Doesn't matter where they are on the floor, He's in the right position. And you can't you can teach it, but it's it just comes dow.
Speaker 2: Who would you say in the in the people you've covered, people you would think is the highest i Q of them. And I asked for I asked for a reason because I just came up with my man.
Speaker 6: I mean I haven't covered Arizona basketball for a long long time, but yeah, I would say Daleen Terry.
Speaker 2: And he had fun doing it to his athletic he was and he was a good player too and he gott and he got yeah, and he has my guy would I'm gonna tell you and I don't think you're gonna be shocked by this. Uh Luke won Yeah, you know plays at the top. He very astute, obviously studied the game because his dad, uh not very talented, but one a lot and knew how to play the game. Yeah. I love those dudes. I love those dudes, just just different greedy. He was a different greedy. He'd beat you, he would. You know, another guy too, and this has probably been said a few times Miles Simon. You know, not very physically gifted, but a heck of a leader and a heck of a guy who knew how to play the game well.
Speaker 6: And I think that goes to what people say about him in terms of he's this great score.
Speaker 2: He's not a great show about miss. Yeah, he knew how to score, but he wasn't a great scorer either. He just had he just could score.
Speaker 6: And knowing how to get to your spots and the correct way of doing it and knowing your limitations.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The next guy I would have number two would be Mike Bibby, if not first to to to Luke, but Biby too. I mean very could see the court, could see things before it happened.
Speaker 3: But I remember they.
Speaker 2: Did a did a documentary on Luke.
Speaker 3: I never saw it, but is in it. And I said, what kind of a player is he?
Speaker 2: He says, he's like the sixth Stents, you know, the kid who saw a thing. You could see open people before open people were open people. I don't know if you, I don't know if you play pool. Do you play pool? Not very well?
Speaker 3: So what's the purpose of pool? When you play?
Speaker 2: Trying to find out where the ball is going to go after you did?
Speaker 3: So you kind of do playpool. I pull. I play pool a lot. My dad was very good.
Speaker 2: So you're not shooting for the shot you have, You're shooting for the shot you're going to get. So he was always thinking that, always thinking ahead of the past. Where should I be before I take this pass? Where should people be before?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: Again, how am I going to draw in a defender?
Speaker 6: How am I going to get not this guy open even though I'm passing them, But how is it going to get this guy open? When when you rotate the basketball, it's all, it's all that, it's all looking forward another guy, Jason Gardner.
Speaker 8: Black Friday is coming.
Speaker 9: And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Baptisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty.
Speaker 8: Seasonal and classic cocktails each.
Speaker 9: And out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartesian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off.
Speaker 8: Amazing toys aren't just for kids.
Speaker 9: Get one hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred.
Speaker 8: Through Cyber Monday, visit Bartsian dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 9: That's b A R T E s I a n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 2: Jason Gardner, Jason Terry, Yeah, Jason Terry was a little like that too, not as much as Luke to me and Mike, but Jason Gardner, Yeah, he was. He was. He was the floridleader and gu just what the Florid leader has to be that dude. Yeah, And I think that Jayden we didn't talk about this yesterday with Jayden Bradley. I think one of the things that's going to make this team is he's going to have the ball more in his head. Even though that you and I and I think he's gonna maybe well too, how many games we've seen two two two games, so unless true. When we sat together, we looked at each other and said, h yeah, yeah, he's gonna get the ball and take it in. You kind have given them ball because he's going to go in and shoot it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I think it's more, it's more reliable, not like that as much. Although two games is not a good sample size, but I think he's going to be.
Speaker 6: Better at it and you don't need a high as this total that's seven to eight nine tennis this Oh no, just get me forces zero turnovers, twelve fifteen points.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and don't go crazy with it down downhill. Okay, let's go come back with Bruce Pasco.
Speaker 1: Your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website. Deposit. That's deposit. Enter it right now, Fox Sports fourteen fifty dot com.
Speaker 7: Are you ready?
Speaker 11: Ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots in table games, to award winning dining to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 3: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 11: Discover with Soul Casino Dell Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 3: Are you ready enterprise.
Speaker 12: So Fasco Yuki Try the window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instack cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for money to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the window Deepot dot com. The window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about doratle Rocky Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Doratle rock. You found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work. I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Kive, we'll call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 3: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 13: Arizona Health Arizona Health, Arizona Health.
Speaker 5: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health, the leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty seconds just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 14: School, and a Faalse four season are in full stride. Time to get that special student athlete a creative award for his or her efforts they are deserving. It's also time to rejuvenate your fall apparel with a Chris looking embroidered school corporate logo on caps. Shorts are long sleeve polos, and why not get some fresh looking promotional products representing your school or corporation, or just giveaways for the upcoming twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 2: For over one thousand fun items to.
Speaker 14: Choose froom, come visit Creative Awards at Creative awardsaz dot com or see our Idea Center at two twenty eight West TrackMan Street.
Speaker 15: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpe is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer, or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation, visit Volpe team dot com. That's Volpe team dot com or called five to two oh six eight five six two six today in MLS three oh eight seven, arizon A b k Ninez two nine four two equal Housing Opportunity, got to commitment to Linrix, Syncredic Greates and avaiable loan programs or subject to change the don't notice?
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 14: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at start or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best.
Speaker 2: Sports cards and trading card games.
Speaker 14: From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on eat Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 13: On a road trip or just around town. Driving a car you can afford is more important than ever. At Pyramid Federal Credit Union, our one rate auto loan is for everyone. One rate offers a single competitive rate no matter.
Speaker 3: Your credit score.
Speaker 2: You can borrow better with Pyraramid.
Speaker 13: For details or to apply online, visit Pyramid FCU dot com Slash one rate Pyramid Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity lender federally insured by NCUA.
Speaker 7: Got bugs, termitesme's, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist. That's can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available which minimize this is the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Past Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bes or rodents. Serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 2: Want to build your business better, There's no better place than the Arizona Business Networking Conference December tenth through the twelfth at Casino del Sol. Meet thirty five premier speakers including New Way All American Ricky Huntley, Hall of Fame coach, Mike Kendrea, CEOs and more. Expand your professional network, Explore new opportunities. And learn from industry leaders. Get your tickets at Tucson Business Networking dot Com Slash Conference. Once again, that's at Tucson Business Networking dot Com Slash Conference.
Speaker 1: Steve Rivera, He's got his eye on the ball on Tucson's sports stationed Fox Sports fourteen fifth day.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to my in the ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: I'm Steve Rivera.
Speaker 2: In today's Troy Hutchison Joysycats dot Com. We got Henry. Now we have Bruce Pasco of the Arizona Daily Star. Bruce, are you busy?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, the travel week, so yeah, I mean, and.
Speaker 10: Obviously a big game, so I'm working on the advanced stuff, the daily stuff. Today was signing day, even though that doesn't mean much anymore, and then trying to get ready to go to Wisconsin. Teams already left in fact, but oh did they not go until toing Wrong?
Speaker 2: Did they did they leave right after the press converas right after they did.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they get on that charter and they go out, And I think that's their strategy when they can pull it off. Now when they're going to the Eastern time zones, they're having you know, an extra day to get settled in. So it'll be interesting to see if they continue that during the it's durned the Big twelve games. That's a big twelve tournament.
Speaker 3: That's what I said.
Speaker 2: You and I spent I spent till twenty some years with Luke doing that. You were with me for the next twelve or ten twelve, whatever it was, and he was opposite. He'd get in late late night before, get up at the water, you know, go shoot around and play the game.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean, you know, if I remember, right in those days, Attack ten and TAC twelve had a rule I believe that you couldn't even practice on campus like on a Wednesday before a Thursday game or during the week. You could between games, and the reason for that was that they had voted that, you know, they didn't want to encourage people to miss class by coming out early. And you know, that's all gone away. I don't think there's anything like that, and I don't know if any of the conference has a rule like that now. So teams are free to in and most of the guys take classes online. I don't think it really matters where they are as long as they can send the money to have that extra hotel line or whatever. But you're right, No, Luke Steel was if I remember with him, it was they practiced a McHale leave at four o'clock or so and get on a commercial flight usually and then usually in the Pact ten, with the time change, you could still get somewhere by six or seven, and then they would go out to dinner, usually some kind of you know, he'd take them out somewhere, you know, in Seattle or for fish or whatever. And and now it's like you go out early and you eating the hotel ballrooms. This is a whole different thing, much more, much more about business days.
Speaker 2: Right, So let me ask you, we already kind of went through this last year with this Wisconsin rivalry, not that there was a rivalry, you know, just Wisconsin had them for a while in big games, and then they went last last year.
Speaker 3: So what's the storyline now.
Speaker 10: Well, you know what I'm looking at is that it is Wisconsin is actually going to honor bo Ryan and put I think he's going to go in their Hall of Fame on Friday, and they're going to bring back players who are available to come back from their twenty and fourteen twenty fifteen teams which made two final fours in a row, and I think we all know how they got to that line of those final fours. They beat Arizona and they we did. So Arizona's like the perfect opponent to be on hand when they do something like that. And so I was watching Greg Guard's interview, he the coach there. He was talking about how they were, you know, they were looking for having all the guys back and you know, many of the ones that aren't playing the league. And it's just, you know, even though it's sort of been a maybe a nauseating part of Arizona history, Wisconsin lists at Arizona like it's just like it brings a smile to their faith. And I think that's what they're gonna That's what they're gonna have in the stands on Friday, and we'll see how the teams react to it on both sides.
Speaker 6: You know, that's kind of like the reversal of what there's an ansome North Carolina Dean Smiths the Wilson for to go to his first Final four and then beating Den Smith in his final game in the Final four. I mean, without Arizona basketball, Wisconsin basketball, would I've gotten to those final fours.
Speaker 2: So thank you.
Speaker 3: Right, that's that's the way to look at it.
Speaker 2: Troy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I guess, well, I mean, you know, Troy has a point. I mean, I was just reading that Wisconsin story, just huge story about just recounting all that history and the chemistry on those teams, and Frank Comisky's talking about how nobody cared about who scored. They were all about teamwork, and you know there was something to that that was a pretty connected team because especially that first year twenty fourteen, you could argue that Arizona had a better roster and you know, should have won that game. And and and then with Conta had a lot of guys back in fifteen and uh and you know the both games were close, but they pulled it out. But I mean with CONTINENTCT going, I don't know, I think I think it's interesting. It seems like almost throughout their history Wisconsin and granted not, they haven't had you know, you know a lot of great I mean, it's been a you know, mixed bag in history. But they they're always they always seem to be a little underrated, you know, even when they're when they're really good, they're just kind of thought of us good, and when they're just good, they thought of was average. And you know, I think there's a note in there about I read a note in there saying about in the past six years they didn't get in the preseason AP top twenty five at all. And yet every one of those years, I think, except one, they got into the poll, you know, and then some caids all the end of the top ten during the season. So they're just sort of and this year is another another example. They're not ranked. They may get ranked if they be Arizona, they probably will, but you know, they they're nobody's you know, they lost some key guys to the portal, and you know, I think the kind of jury's been out on them. But they do seem to be a little just a little bit underrated as a team, I think, and maybe that is also because they historically are better as a team. They're you know, they're slow you down. They got connected guys who just kind of eke out of victory or whatever. So you look at their roster and they're not always going to have that you know, NBA talent drip them and down left and right, and and maybe that's that's part of it. But they can be they can be scary good.
Speaker 2: So have you have you seen them play? Have you seen their style? Because you mentioned slow it down? Is that still true? And if that's it's that's the case. And I heard that they didn't store down that maybe they do. That's been and you know this, that's been the kryptonite for Arizona throughout the years.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Black Friday is coming.
Speaker 8: And for the adults in your life.
Speaker 9: Who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when.
Speaker 8: You spend four hundred dollars or more.
Speaker 9: So, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian, at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off amazing toys aren't just for kids. You had one hundred off of cocktail maker, when you spend four hundred through Cyber Monday visits Baptisian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A R T E s i a n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I asked kJ Lewis about that today a little bit, just how they dealt with that last year. Obviously, you know, defense and rebounding, can you know, can mitigate that. But I think to your question, Steve, yeah, they're historically slow down. The interesting thing is I looked at they're averaging I think eighty three points a game in their first three games, and yet they're adjusted tempo on kempom rates like three hundred and thirtieth so and adjusted is adjusting for the opponent, and so that's you know, I think. And I talked to Jack Murphy scouting them about it. He said that he thought it was because they they were getting a lot of steels, uh, you know, really aggressive defensively against those first three teams and then quickly scored. So they ended up scoring a lot of points, but their actual tempo when they had the ball in the set offense was the same old Wisconson and tempo. But you know, but that's they do. They are a little more aggressive and they're other maybe a little more perimeter perimeter oriented than they have been. So therefore maybe a little bit more you know, a little bit better, more up tempo look this year. But I think against Arizona, I think they'll, you know, they'll they'll they'll try and slow him down except for when they do pull off the s field and then they've got some pretty aggressive guards, you know, so it might be a little different, but but kind of the same thing, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh, Bruce.
Speaker 6: I think Tommy kind of brought it up today in his press conference. But they do have a six year transfer guard. There's been an average leave around six eighteen sixteen points a game somewhere around that. I don't know how much seventeen points a game. I don't know how much you've seen that, but I mean he seems like a very efficient guy out there on the.
Speaker 2: Court for them.
Speaker 10: Tonji, Yeah, yeah, John Tanja, I think you're talking about.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I just thought a little bit of their Appalachians Bigue game the other night, and I've most have been this reading about them and looking at their numbers and yeah, he is in side outside guys scoring, you know, a wing player, big wing player really efficient in the sixth year. I mean, that's the thing we've we've noticed in college basketball in general, you know, gosh, the last five ten years particularly, it's like, you know, it seems to come and go. But now it's all about getting old. And in Wisconsin's case, it's about getting old with guys from other places. They've they've got guys that there have been in their program, but they brought in a couple of key transfers and Tanja, you know, he's one of those COVID era you know, anomalies that are going to go away after this year he got hurt and they had.
Speaker 3: The COVID here.
Speaker 10: He's he's a six year guy, and you know, that makes a huge difference in big games, I think, especially early in the season, they're just not you know, there's just like another you know, another game for for for a guy like him. So I think the different for him as he's having to just a new team and you know, new teammates and all that. But you know, he's been pretty darn good so far, so that of course it'll be interesting to see, you know, now that you know this first, I think Arizona will be the first really really tough game.
Speaker 2: Of course, So so you you've covered Tommy in his time here, we all covered him, you know him a little bit better. Uh take a guess on the number of people who he'll play Friday night and if you have, if you have eight, who are the two that won't play?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 10: I mean, I got it. I mean he keeps saying he trusts Conrad Martinez, and you know it's going to be really interesting to see if if Jayden Bradley doesn't get it, doesn't have any foul trouble or you know, real problems. I think they just play him a lot and maybe shift kJ Lewis over because overall kJ Lewis is you know, going to give them more than Conrad Martinez. Right, So you know, if I had the guess that maybe Goes maybe would be one and then the the other thing is really interesting with previous backs. But also Henry Vassar might be the guy. You know, if we're going into season, I would say Bassar would probably be on outside of that, but you know, he's like six or seven man right now, you know, so it's really it's really hard to say. I think I think he's probably gonna you know, I think he's probably gonna go with nine maybe maybe you know, Anthony Dolls. You know, he'll he'll get minutes. But if it's not working for him, he's the guy they could also, you know, kind of maybe maybe minimize in the game like this that they need to, you know, especially if they're getting shooting from the rest of the perimeter. It's just that Doll also could potentially bring that permanent shooting and that could open things up a little bit. He's just been a little bit hit, you know, hitting this lately. It'll be interesting.
Speaker 2: And in my opinion, which means nothing. And I think you might agree with me and both of you guys, he's the team's best shooter. Yeah, I do. And and and if you need a dude and he's coming off the bench to shoot, good luck with that. And if he's not shooting right, you know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, you know, I mean, yeah, I think they're you know, Caleb Belove should be. He has has that potentially he got a little better percentage by his last year and you know, so far this year he hasn't been bad looking here five for thirteen for three, you know, and he's just always going to attract, you know, defenses. That the good The good thing is he has a balanced game, more balanced game, or he can you know, he can do things and maybe create for himself. And and he's there's just a lot of possibilities with him, but with Feller, so you're right, he's that one guy who could really be a specialist to really you know, add something, add something different to this offense. It's just and he showed it in the preseason, but this first two games he's been a little bit off, so you know, it'll be it'll be interesting to see if he if he creates a regular bottom the rotation, or is he going to be like a spot minutes guy and play in certain games and almost not at all others.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't think this is maybe the best offensive team Arizona'll face all year long, even though Wisconsin's playing very well on a high level defensively. But I think this is a good test for Arizona fans in the media and everybody's see how much improved defensively Arizona has gotten from last year to this year. Because I think and I want to hear your guys thoughts. This could be Tommy Lloyd's best defensive team top to bottom that he's had at Arizona.
Speaker 10: Defensive toy.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, one of his best.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, you know that's what they've been talking. Mean, I think I don't know about you see, but I think therefore, you know, they've they've they're a little more versatile on both sides. But they you know, the thing is that they may and I think that you know, players that they have, you know, a little bit coming in and then they again a guy like Lewis coming in and uh, you know, they they do have a lot of potential, but also that they lost some really good defensive players last year. I mean, I think and Tisaw Johnson and Tela Larson were both terrific defensive players in their own ways. And you know, Ballow was really selected around the basket. He doesn't didn't have as much defensive range as I think Basar or previous or you know, and that that that could be why they can live without that. But so I don't know, I think they'll be a little different. I'm not totally convinced they'll be better, but they they certainly have that potential to be so.
Speaker 2: You're you're there more than anybody around the kids. Uh, let me ask you a weird question because this is partly by last one. Uh So, did you see Kurt last night on the Big Game?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 3: A little?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I watched. I watched, I watched it on and off. Yeah, I saw him miss the twenty five. Somebody said he took a half a half.
Speaker 2: Of course he's got he got one, three blocks, he picked up the ball and shoot out of again.
Speaker 3: But my questions are weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you've covered You've covered him, You've covered h Ballow.
Speaker 3: Who do you miss more?
Speaker 10: Oh? Who do I miss?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Oh, you know that's a great question. See actually because both of those guys in totally different ways. Because it sounds like a whatever, But I mean Ball was just a great guy, and he's cancere and you just I mean he you know, he's just he tells you what's on his mind. I mean, he was frank when he broke his hand in the Pack twelve tournament a couple of years ago, and you know, went on and on, and I just I really appreciate his honesty and verity and the kind of person he is, and I think, uh, chrisa I missed because he was so open, and yeah, he was cocky, and yeah, I mean you see what you guys see what he said about before the Kentucky game. He said, you know, something about Cooper flagging in the number one pick and then he says congratulations for getting that even though already or something like that, making fun of him getting all the type. And you know, but he I believe he's already He's said things like that about NBA guys before. He's he's just like that. And and that's fun. I mean, he's he was a fun guy to cover, right even, you know, and and I think his uh, his spirit showed on the court for better or worse sometimes but a lot of times for better. I mean they you know, he he kind of was, you know, a swagger guy that I think, you know, even kind of helped that first Tommy Lloyd Tommy Lloyd's first team. He helped on Miller's team. In fact, you know, he played during that COVID year. He came in late after he was suspended by the inn CITABLEA for that whole deal. When he find a pro contract in in Lithuania, and came in. Remember the first game he played at Colorado. Granted wasn't fans there really, but but he was really aggressive. He jumped in front of uh one of their key guys that you know, to pick up a charge, and I just thought, Wow, this guy is really something and then just really being outspoken, you know, and telling you what was on his mind. I thought it was interesting. But I know, and I know he's been a mixed bag with U of a fans and certainly opposing fans do not like him, you know, But but again makes it interesting, right, right.
Speaker 2: I asked Troy if he he hasn't covered enough to ask to answer this question, but the last because I have my guy too.
Speaker 3: I think that he was the most.
Speaker 2: Outspoken guy, confident, cocky, yet wasn't as good as he thought he was, if that makes any sense. And you just kind of said that, you know who kind of reminded me of that because we both covered him. Now that I look back, I think Gilbert was a lot like that, But Gilbert was was good.
Speaker 3: Gilbert would just was way better though, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: The thing he was right.
Speaker 2: The thing with Gilbert he would just say some crazy and he does it now, in his podcast to say he hasn't chamed, he isn't Jags.
Speaker 10: He's a lot the same guy. I was laughing about that the other day about I mean, it's just like he left and I remember the knock on him was like he was too immature, right, no questions more or whatever. And granted he wasn't draft in the first round like he had hoped.
Speaker 8: But Black Friday is coming.
Speaker 9: And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Baptisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktail each another thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more. So, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartesian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Get a hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred through cyber Monday, visit Bartsian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A R T E s I A n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 10: He's you know, he became a terrific player. And you know, I don't know whether he was immaturits the way he is different guy and you got to you know, you just got to roll with that and makes it interesting to cover, and especially in this day and age when we don't get a lot of right, we don't get a whole lot of access to the guys, and a lot of times the guys are careful with what they say and their coach with the day and you know, and that's understandable. But it's nice when you can see people's you know, personalities and kind of right right about that, you know, show it or whatever.
Speaker 2: So well, one last question, like so one last question, because we and I talked about destroying let's the super sickond that you had better access to the guys, whether it's Tommy Lloyd not allowing it, or the SIDS or the world that we live in, right, Now, don't you think that if if we had more access and you specifically because you're there every day. Uh And I used to be uh that if we had more access and you could tell their stories, that more NIL would come in.
Speaker 10: Well, I you know, I think maybe, yes, I think more of that like what they call what they call it traditional NIL. I guess you'd call it. That would be true because you're talking about like sponsors and stuff like that. I think, you know what's happened now is NIL is like eighty percent about these collectives and it's basically just paying guys through the collectives, and fans are getting money to collectives and the paying players, and maybe those fans will get more motivated to put more money into the collectives if they really heard more about the guys. But but you know, yeah, a little bit. I mean, I will say the program, the cells are doing a pretty good job of you know, promoting their guys. And you know, they'll they'll put out videos about you know, get to know you know whoever, and frankly they can you know that's them.
Speaker 2: They yeah, and you know, we.
Speaker 10: Can't go spend the day with them and do videos like that. Usually it's pretty unusual, but I mean, I will say it's not terrible at least with with you know, Tommy White's pretty open and pretty genuine guy. It's pretty obvious to everybody and that that that makes up for a lot of it. But as far as players, yeah, you know a little bit. And the thing is too that this particular group and I think, you know, buying large everybody that that boys brought in, they're generally, you know, they're generally good guys and usually there's some pretty interesting about them one way or another. And as you recall, even back in the day, sometimes you end up writing those interesting stories about them as the recruits because you can get on the phone and talk to them in depth or talk to their parents or whatever and tell that story. And then when they then when they go off for thirty five, you know, it's hard to get that kind of kind of depth with them. But that's just the way it is. We'll safe different than pro sports.
Speaker 3: Bruce safe, travels, Stay warm, Talk to you soon.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right, Yeah, I won't been there too long time, You'll be back.
Speaker 3: Thanks, man appreciated on Bruce.
Speaker 10: All right, thanks having guys take care of it.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was long.
Speaker 2: We went long there too, but that's cool. We'll take some more calls on the other side of this break. If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for newly forty years now. Take a look back at the Ludelsen era in my new book, Lessons from Loot. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. What one email media Steve dot Rivera ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 17: Hi, this is formal while get leman huntly with Arizona Health. Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space in your life. We off a complete line of cardio machines, multi gyms and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you up with the right equipment and training to get you started.
Speaker 2: To keep you going.
Speaker 17: Visit our shareroom today at twenty second in Wilmot, Arizona Health the lead to edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 16: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make some day today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from in financial dad available, It's time to earn the degree or certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at PEMA dot edus slash some.
Speaker 2: Hey Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmund Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance with the Edmund Marcus All State Agency.
Speaker 3: You're always in good hands.
Speaker 2: Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three. Selling your home want to get more money for it? Will Danny Roth can help you. He told me about as you Flip the Home You Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Armny Homes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home, call Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand, Tucson.
Speaker 18: Listen up al tony two sons rolling in on November twenty third and you won't want to miss it. Dnahair Conditioning is proud to be a sponsor of this fantastic event, supporting our cyclists and celebrating the vibrant spirit of our community. Huge thanks to our title sponsor Banner University Medicine and are presenting sponsors Rio Nuevo and CMC Health for making this possible. So are you ready to ride, Grab your bikes and your buddies join DNHAC for an unforgettable day at the El Tooty Tuson. For more info, check out el Toour Day tuoson dot org.
Speaker 16: Eltwordy Tucson is on November twenty third. You can help support the kids at Banner Diamond's Children's Medical Center and Tucson by joining the Banner Health Team, ride, run, or walk any of the routes to make a difference. Visit Eltordy Tucson dot org for more.
Speaker 1: Streamy live on the iHeartRadio WIF. This is I on the Ball with Steve Ravera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: And welcome Buck to I in the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Young Steve, your.
Speaker 2: Troy, you're Henry be able Buck. I don't know minutes, so yeah, I means good done, Okay, I'm second minutes.
Speaker 3: Hey you have to break the news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: Arizona football, there's this three star receiver Trenton Shell Trey Sheldon, three star, three stars. But he's the he's one of the better receivers in the Rue or Arizona in terms of who they had out of Texas. Took photos with Tetro McMillan when he was on campus taking his visit.
Speaker 2: But that's a big loss, similar similar size.
Speaker 3: It looks like sixty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, six ' four good body about one ninety eight.
Speaker 3: You know, is he the prime? Is he the best recruit they have right now?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 6: No, he was not.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: They have a four star receiver out of Florida and a four star running.
Speaker 2: Back out of Texas.
Speaker 3: Do you see more coming?
Speaker 2: I think there's got to be.
Speaker 6: I mean, when you have a season like this and uh coaching staff that comes from San Jose State, one of those mid major programs, and recruits are committing to you but wanting to see what you can do out on the football field, and these are the results, there's.
Speaker 2: Got to be questions. So let me ask you this so I'll get you back to March our numbers. January of twenty twenty four, Fish leaves the name Brennan. Are you thinking, okay, good hire, I will see what he does. Did you think anything about San Jose State the quality and him moving up.
Speaker 3: What'd you think.
Speaker 6: I thought good Hire was underrated at San Jose State for given the quality of facilities that San Jose State has and what he was able to do there. Good coach, But my question was the recruiting end and if they were going to recruit guys that were San Jose State level or if they were going to recruit guys that were Arizona level.
Speaker 2: Now, this is a mixed bag of both, of a little bit of both, a little bit of both. Class I was hoping that one of the things that Dick Tomy did pretty well, maybe not all the time, but pretty well was development. Right, So I'm not sure this guy has it right right now? You kind of think he doesn't have it. Who knows, you know, sample size is not good. Yeah, no, I mean, and that's the biggest thing when it comes there is on a football. Is Jetfish had the development? Mike Stoops had the development? Uh did tell me, Larry Smith? They all were developmental head coaches, Jim Young going back in the day. And that takes time. I mean, you know, Tommy doesn't here. He's confident in how he teaches him or how he lets him play. You know, he lets him play, He lets him play to their strengths and it works out well.
Speaker 6: But I mean basketball, I think it's it's easier to see the development on the basketball court sure quicker than it is on the football field. Because football, you're talking about developing a high school kid in terms of fundamental footwork, fundamental where you need to be a special in lineman, d lineman and stuff like that. And that's where he went as in the trenches, and freshmen don't play early. On basketball court, you know, you're developing the defensive and a lot of the kids coming in aren't sound defensively, so you're developing that. But if you could get me a bucket, you can, If you can get me twelve fifteen points a game, you're probably going to play in college basketball.
Speaker 2: Right, we'll see, we'll see what happens. Then I'm pulling for the dude, But to me, I have no horse in the race. So we'll see what happens. You know, a very likable guy. But yeahah, but the thing doesn't get Troy. So you know what, you had no with him already He's got ten games, nine games under your belt. This is this is how it's going to be if he does succeed or whatever, this is how it's going to be for three, four or five.
Speaker 16: It is what this is.
Speaker 2: Every every spring, every fall, every game.
Speaker 3: Is going to be this.
Speaker 2: You asked him a question, He's going to give you an answer. It's not going to be a great answer, but it's going to give an answer, not petty or not spiteful or whatever.
Speaker 3: Are you okay? Are you ready for this?
Speaker 2: I gotta be right.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm working.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter to me.
Speaker 6: But in terms of a fan base, I tell you, if they have another down year, you're going to lose the fan base.
Speaker 2: But that type of personality in today's and this is a I hate hypotheticals, but I have to go here.
Speaker 3: Had Jed not one? Had Jed not one?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: Last year, his second year he was mediocre, He was five and seven mediocre, But he had done the next job? Would he have survived the fan base that.
Speaker 3: Had he not one?
Speaker 2: In terms not winning in terms of you because he was not exciting. He's not exciting, but in terms of being the excitement guy, if he was the go if they were five and seven or six and seven, right, and in the third year. Yeah, and their devo. I think he would have been fine. He was not. He was not a great He was not a great quote, he was not a enough an exciting guy. He was not a you know, it's funny because we criticized Stoops and we criticized a Rich Rod for being exciting maybe too exciting.
Speaker 3: Now we got this, but you know, an exciting guy.
Speaker 6: You know what the differences between him and Brennan is there is a clear jet and Brennan is there is a clear cut. This is the plan, this is our model, this is how we're gonna do it. And he was expressive of that. Brennan again week five, six into the season, didn't even know what's your identity?
Speaker 2: I don't know. We're figuring that out. It's funny that he his honesty has bitten him in the ass. Yeah, it really as Yeah, because he was he because he didn't know. He probably still doesn't know.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And it's been you know, you ask a question, and what are you hoping for from a journalist? Sign for him to tell you the truth, tell me the truth, or tell them make up something. Yeah, but that's the whole thing, you know, when he's making something up, it's that it's made up. You know, what's he gonna say. What's he gonna say about the team that's made up? And then you say that's not true because you see it. You know, listen, what's that what's that phrase? Believe me or believe me or or then don't trust your lion eyes.
Speaker 6: Well, and again Jed had that Sam Miller's situation last year of Jenny and Dolora. Everybody's like, oh, it's no other pub right, well, we gotta see, we gotta It's like, come on, dude, you see what's out on the football field.
Speaker 2: And that's even when that's even when no one was taking over. Yeah, yeah, that wasn't until the last half of the year. It's like, okay, he's our guy. I don't know what the reason was that for that, maybe just to deceive the other team, but the other team knows, what the hell. Yeah, you see the results. They're not taking out a quarterback that It was like Williams. Williams back in the day undershawn when he broke his arm. Oh he didn't break his arm.
Speaker 3: We know he broke his arm.
Speaker 2: He's weren't a cast and we well, we don't want anybody messing with its Yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Of course they're going to try to do something.
Speaker 6: You're wearing a cast, and I remember on the block shot they quickly covered it up after the block, you know, get him off the court down here in Washington against Washington.
Speaker 2: No, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 2: I mean, if he continues to win, you're gonna get the same guy every time.
Speaker 6: That you had the deck of cards stacked in your favor, if you were a Branian coming in. Now it's fully against you. Yeah, sure, moving forward. Yeah, and the hand is not good.
Speaker 2: No, No, you're you're looking at it. If this is twenty one, he's looking at his seventeen, trying to beat a twenty h Your analogies, I'm not sure they're good enough, but that was okay, good enough for radio?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, because you have a face for radio, and so do I.
Speaker 6: Hey, i've had what was the father John from South Point? Tell me that one time? You have a face for Yeah, you have the face made for radio. Oh yeah, what do you try to get in the show here? Your father John must have been well, he's too honest too, but he was right. Okay, Henry, what have we got here two minutes or soth thirty seconds, so perfect, perfect. Thanks Troy for coming in today. Remember tomorrow we're at the Casino Del Soul. Come and see us and Jay. We'll be on tomorrow with probably an in house guest or two. Henry, thanks a bunch. Are you twenty one yet?
Speaker 3: Two weeks?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Two weeks so you can't come and visit us, sorry to tell you that, but you can come and visit. No, I don't think you can. I'll go next one.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, okay, So in two weeks we got your Draft Kings sign ups, your Fanduels sign ups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can have your first beer. Thank you, Henry,