Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community. Can I action right here on K one, the one you trust? And ladies, we have Dory Potter and we also have Tina Romine in and we're going.
Speaker 2: To talk auction.
Speaker 1: All that hard shopping that you've been diligently engaging and is.
Speaker 2: Finally going to pay off.
Speaker 3: We have shopped for a month and a half. It's just a tough job, but Tina and I are well qualified to do it.
Speaker 2: You look like you've weathered the storm.
Speaker 4: I have trained for a while. Now I'm good. I got it down.
Speaker 5: We love it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's so great because how our auction works, the radio auction, it's not on the radio, so that's kind of it's We go out to the fairgrounds in Dewey air Conditioning Comfort Fairgrounds tomorrow and we'll sell all this brand new merchandise and gift certificates that Tina and I have.
Speaker 5: Been shopping for.
Speaker 3: And the sales reps they go out and talk to the businesses and say, hey, you want to do an advertising package and they'll say sure, and we will then go in and we'll buy product from them in relation to what that advertising package was. So we are purchasing those items from our advertisers. It's a great time because Tina and I get to see some of the people that we hear about all year long, you know, and so it's kind of fun to get to have a chance to visit with them a little bit.
Speaker 5: But we also get.
Speaker 3: A chance to see their stores, see their locations of where they are, and we try to get something that is a truly representative of their store or something that maybe people.
Speaker 5: Don't realize that they have.
Speaker 3: And stuff too, so that when people come to the auction, they're like, Wow, I didn't know that was available in Northeast Oklahoma, Southeast Kansas, you know, or whatever, or wow, I.
Speaker 5: Could get that at the store.
Speaker 3: I can get that personal service, I can get you know, service behind the sale, you know, all that type of thing right here from our local hometown people and stuff.
Speaker 5: So that's kind of the idea behind it.
Speaker 3: So come and see what we have in this area, and you are going to get a bargain. That's what's really special. When you walk in the door, you'll see us and you'll register. Numbers are free, doesn't cost you anything, don't even have to show your driver's license anything like that. We just believe your trusting face and and so you'll give us your little bit of your InformATE contact information. We'll give you a free number. That number also makes you eligible for some door prizes. We'll be giving away door prizes throughout the whole event. But when we encourage you to come, doors open at eight. The auction starts at nine, but come early because you need some time to look over all the items. We have lots of items, lots and lots of fun fund items. We'll talk about those in a minute, but you also want to check out the gift certificate board.
Speaker 5: What is the gift certificate board.
Speaker 3: Well, we have all kinds of restaurants we have like the Woodshed and ASAP sixty six Gasoline.
Speaker 5: You know, we've got places like this, attractions to.
Speaker 3: Branson and Oaklhoma City and Kansas City and Eureka Springs and all these different we call it. Those all go on our gift certificate board. So on the when you come in on the left, you will see a listing of all the gift certificates of what we have. And then we're also going to have again this for the second year, a silent auction area and so well, silent auction tables and all the things that are the smaller items, you know, maybe twenty dollars or less or something like this. You know, we'll go ahead and put on that so that it makes the auction go a lot faster. When you're auctioning off something that's four dollars and fifty cents, that takes just as much time sometimes is the thing that's two hundred dollars, you know, or whatever. So to try and shorten up we make a silent auction table. So come early, check out all the items that you have, check out the gift certificate board, check out the silent auction area, and see, you know, what you might like to purchase. What you do see on all the auction items is a little card and on the card it will say where we purchased it from. It will say what the retail price is, and it'll say an eighty percent price. Why is that eighty percent price important? Because that's the most you can pay.
Speaker 2: Yay, you'll never pay.
Speaker 3: And our auction going to get a deal, and that's what we guarantee that you're going to get a deal. So the gift certificate. That's twenty dollars a gift card. At Dinks, the most you can pay is sixteen dollars, you know, or whatever. It's just so anyway, things like this, you know how what the maximum bid is going to be on it. Of course, most things go up straight for auction, and so you might pay forty fifty sixty percent too. However, there is one little caveat at our auction. Some people who come and really truly look over and want something, they might immediately say max bid, And so what does max bid mean?
Speaker 5: They are going to get it for the eighty percent? And if we have a.
Speaker 3: Couple people who say max bid at the same time, it's up to the auctioneer to point and see and you know who ends up getting it.
Speaker 5: We have no control over that. But fighting, no hair pulling, nor no. We are there to have fun. We are there to have fun.
Speaker 4: And who's auctioneer John Nichols j Ands auctioneering on a coffee bill.
Speaker 5: And he is fun.
Speaker 3: He is really he's entertaining, he's fun, he's personable.
Speaker 5: You know, we we have to.
Speaker 3: Keep him going because sometimes he's like, yeah, he's a who We're like, okay, keep keep the auction going because it's we're just there to have fun.
Speaker 5: But he also, yeah he does.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have to tell him, wait stop, you hit the.
Speaker 5: Max, you hit the max that bit. Yeah, he's getting all the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah well wait yeah yeah, so so that's kind of fun. So so, but the guest certificate board will have the same thing. It'll tell you what the where the attraction is or what the what the restaurant is or something like that. It'll say the retail, it'll say the eighty percent, and then it'll also say the expiration date too, which is really important because say it's a Branson Christmas show, well, of course the expiration is probably going to be December twenty seventh or twenty eighth or something, because a lot of them go past that. If it's a if it's a Branson show that ends in October, we want to make sure you know that if you're going there in December, you don't purchase those tickets. We also, next to the guest certificate board have a little poster that as a calendar on it for each of those attractions too, so you can you actually know, Okay, I'm going September twenty fifth and twenty six so you can analyze that gift certificate board and you can go through and you can pick out the ones that are going to be actually performing the twenty fifth and twenty sixth of September, so that you're not buying something that you can't use.
Speaker 5: So we try and make it as easy as possible, you know, for you. So just get there in time to look through that study.
Speaker 3: It Actually when you come in and we give you your number, we give you a little notepad too, and so you can make notes on that notepad. It's one of our KWNKYFM care g notepads, and so you can make notes on.
Speaker 5: We give you a little pencil too, a golf pencil, you.
Speaker 3: Know, so anyway, but we're so generous, a golf pencil. But what if you make notes so that you know when it comes up for bid exactly what it is you're bidding for and that you can be one of the most successful bidders. And when you're all done, when you're done purchasing things, you'll come to the back and we'll take cash or check or credit card, you know, to to be able to pay out and then you know the items are yours.
Speaker 5: After you bid on something.
Speaker 3: You don't come and pay right then you can accumulate your items and when you're done with everything then you can come and pay with us and stuff too. Another fun thing this year we usually have concessions, and in the past few years we've had Crossing.
Speaker 5: A second be our concessionaire.
Speaker 3: Well, of course they're not there anymore, so we were trying to think who might like to do it. Well, Caleb's kids are going to do the concessions. Caroline and Preston have been baking and they're gonna have cinnamon rolls and some cookies, and they're going to have some chicken sandwiches and beef sandwiches and things like.
Speaker 5: That or whatever, and lemonade.
Speaker 3: We say it's a glorified lemonade stand, but it's that they're going to have that, and they're working on the college money already, even though they're not quite there yet, but they're working on it, and so we're going to have fun with that. So yeah, so come and support the kiddos as they're doing the concessions for us too. So there health yes, they are christ say no to Caroline, I know, so.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have fun with that too.
Speaker 3: So you know, and it is a great time to get to meet some of our staff, you know, and and visit with them a little bit too. And and so we'll all be there. We'll have our station shirts on and so come up and say hi to us. We want to know who are We like to know what you like, you know, what you enjoy hearing, and kind to tell us some feedback and stuff on that too. So it just makes for a really fun morning. Again, I encourage you to come early. Doors open at eight. The sale actually starts at nine, and it usually goes till about twelve thirty or one o'clock or something like that too, you know, depending again on how quick things go and how the bidding goes.
Speaker 5: But also you know, we have added more things.
Speaker 3: To the silent auction to try and shorten it up a little bit too, so that might make it just a little bit shorter as well.
Speaker 5: But okay, what haven't I.
Speaker 4: Talked abou activity for Saturday morning?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of fun too.
Speaker 3: Do you want to talk about some of the great I mean, I really am excited about some of the things that we got.
Speaker 4: We have recliners, we have a kitchen table that is absolutely gorgeous.
Speaker 5: Have a dining room table type you know, it can go either way. Yeah, it's just beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, with six chairs, six chairs that it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: And we have this cactus and it's it's a cactus that's pretty good size, a round cactus, and it's one hundred dollars cactus.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you that right now. That's the retail for it.
Speaker 3: But as I was bringing it in yesterday, I was taking from my car and it started to slip and I grabbed and so be careful. Those thorns on that cactus are pretty sharp.
Speaker 5: Got a nice little whack on my finger. And what Okay, learned something aboute yesterday.
Speaker 4: The ones that have little arms, little appendages are at least seventy five years old. They don't grow an appendage or arm until they're seventy five years old.
Speaker 5: Well, this one doesn't have an appendage. This one's kind of like just a.
Speaker 3: Big old round belly, you know. Yeah, And we've got a crape myrtle tree that's really pretty. It's a beautiful red crape myrtle tree too or whatever. That would be fun in somebody's yard and stuff as well. I love that some of the jewelry. I like the jewelry. There's always some pretty jewelry. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We have fire extinguishers in fire pits, and we have a floor jack.
Speaker 5: Like we just have random things.
Speaker 4: We have tea if you like to brew your tea, and it's very very awesome to do that. And we have t shirts and rugs and salsa mattress. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We have a really cool chair from Gillem's Liquor up in Coffee Bill and we have some gift cards from there too.
Speaker 5: And we also have this fire pit thing. It's crazy cool.
Speaker 4: It can be a fire pit or if you put the insert in it, it can be a cooler. It's so weird how it's very versatile.
Speaker 5: It's so cool.
Speaker 4: And we have the wind shines. We have shovels and rakes for the adults, and we also.
Speaker 5: Have the cute little kid ones. They're so cute.
Speaker 4: You put your kids to work out there with you. We have things from Marygold's Bookstore, which I had not been in there yet, and that store is amazing. Might I can't let my daughter go in there today because we don't have time. She'll be in there for days.
Speaker 2: You'll have to say a search party.
Speaker 4: Yes, for sure. But and we have things from Marlin Mansion over in Ponca City. We have different items from their gift shop. The cutest little fox these a little stuffy, Oh my goodness, he's so cute. But they have this whole fox theme at the Marlin Mansion. And we also have passes to go over and visit. And if you've never heard the story, I encourage you to look it up and check out the things that we have available for.
Speaker 5: Again, I mentioned the gift certificate board.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've got things like Exit pest you know, so if you need to get a pest control like this.
Speaker 5: We've got sports cards.
Speaker 3: We've got actually the actual little saving cards, but we've also got gift certificates for so you can you know, buy things from the from for sports four G sports cards. We've got all changes and service changes. We've got like Ferri's heat and air. We've got Amy Moore's massage. We've done Labor's aesthetics, you know. So yeah, there's really something for everybody.
Speaker 5: At the Y.
Speaker 4: We also have that bad Boy electric push mower.
Speaker 2: Yes, awesome, that one. They get a little intense on the bidding on that one, a little bit.
Speaker 3: But hey, and again this year we've got cowboy bins. So if you have the need for a big trash receptacle type thing or whatever and stuff too, this would be your time to get a get certificate for that. What about holding septic give certificates too, so that's another thing if you need those services. We've got uh Mid America feed and farms, so if you're needing some feed and stuff, that's a good way to get a discount on that.
Speaker 5: I mean something for everybody.
Speaker 4: I like the the cowhide with the star print from a rustic furniture saving place over in Pahaska. We got a very pretty horse picture as well. And then we've got some some inn tables and a sofa table. And then the other day at Sharp's Pond we got some fish and pole and we got a ninja FOODI that is a pressure cooker in an air fryer.
Speaker 3: And then a really cool cabinet and they call it like a gun cabinet, but you can hide anything in it. It looks like an American flag, but it actually is a cabinet back behind that wooden flag, and so people don't realize it's concealed compartment. So it's kind of it's a neat thing. Yeah, it's really a whole lot of fun. You know, we could go on and on and on. There is so much you got to come see for yourself. The Fairgrounds in Dewey tomorrow morning, doors open at eight, nine o'clock because the sales starts and say, well i've got something at nine, come then at ten cumber eleven. I mean, it's never too late to come. And there's always some other extra things. Plus one I didn't say one on the gift certificate board.
Speaker 5: Once we sell.
Speaker 3: The gift certificate, say, we might have thirty of an attraction to Branson or something like that, but we only sell twenty five of them during the auction. Okay, if we still have five left, we have another wall that will put those five on. And so you can if you come later and something's already been sold and it has established price, you can say, you know what, I want those other five please at that same price, and so then you can purchase some. It's kind of like the silent auction. You can purchase them at that price then just come up to us with it and we'll sell them to you there. So yeah, so the leftovers that didn't get sell in the original auction are still available, and a lot of people, you know, they kind of have a budget. So what they'll do is they'll wait and then come back and get those after they know they've purchased the other things. They got things or they didn't get the things they wanted, so then they know, Okay, I do have a little bit leftover. I can then go and purchase some of those things off the leftover Exactly. Some people schedule their trips right summer vacations right after our auction because they want to be able to get, you know, discout tickets.
Speaker 5: But Kansas City Zoo, you've got, You've got.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I love Turpentine Creek. I love the Big Cats, They're so fun to watch.
Speaker 3: And Oklahoma River Sport and Oklahoma City Olympic and the what's that other place in Frontier City that's got the it's a new, newer place.
Speaker 5: I forget Okahma.
Speaker 3: City Obscure Factory, Obscure Factory Obscure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's brand new this year. We've never traded with them before, and oh my gosh, I'm so excited. I would I want to go real bad. It's like an alice in Wonderland Adventure. It's hands on experience, so yeah, check it out. It's the thing that we have is mixed tape.
Speaker 5: So go go look it up.
Speaker 4: But because we have this fancy website that we have bortsool Radio dot com. On the right side, there is a little auction link, so if you want to go there, you can look at all the items that we have and then down at the bottom will be the gift certificates and attractions that we have as well, So that's an easy way to find check.
Speaker 5: It out today, Yeah, check it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And there's a link that has a list of all the stuff with all the eighty percent prices and all that.
Speaker 2: So very good.
Speaker 1: That's tomorrow morning at the fairgrounds in Dewey. Eric Andre said, comfort eight o'clock we open the doors.
Speaker 2: Nine o'clock we get seriously having fun.
Speaker 5: Be there to be square, all right, folks
Speaker 2: You've been watching and listening to