Speaker 1: My Billy Cunningham, the Great America, and welcome to this glory is great Friday afternoon in a tries day, Red Space kicks off about seven to forty. Tonight they win the night they're back to five hundred, which is the goal. Get the five hundred and then May take care of itself. As you may know, this has been one season in the past ten on May the first, the Reds had a winning record. Let's drive toward May first and see what happens. But more importantly, big news conference about an hour ago with Tracy Schwegman at the banks and many others. The police were there, the business owners were there. It was a big conclave and Tracy Schwegman, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, Tracy, what is the deal? What was agreed upon to improve the security at the banks because of all the shootings that have been down there, it's been bad for business. I talked to more and Jim Moooring quite often, not a good situation. The Reds were not happy. So what do we do as in response to some of the violence at the banks?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Bill, thanks for having me. You know, one of the things that we've always tried to do down here at the Banks is be a good partner and hopefully a partner.
Speaker 3: With some solutions.
Speaker 2: And one of the things that we've been talking about for almost two years now, and really in the last year and a half, it's really been something we've been focused heavily on is how do we improve the environment for that twenty one and up crowd. The reality is after ten pm down here, particularly in the pedestrian plaza, the offerings are only geared towards those that are twenty one and up. And so how do we make certain that that is a fun, safe, vibrant area for those that are twenty one and up? And so we spend a lot of time looking at other entertainment districts around town and around the country, and how do you stands up something like a twenty one and up environment, what's the right time to do it, what are the right days over week, and most importantly, you know, do we have stakeholder support and how do we fund it? So that took some time, quite frankly, to get us to this point, and we were grateful that we have the support of the city and with the Mayor's office of city Manager's office is a police department, so well as our large stakeholders like the Reds and all the businesses, to do something like this starting our towns to start at May first and ideally on a weekend when the Reds were not in town. So that put us back to this weekend April twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: So tell me what the plan is. When I see the most recent to armed robbery was bad for business, I can't imagine if you're one of the businesses down there that's publicized, it's a big deal, a lot of meetings being held. What is the plan? Tony Bender loves going down there at ten or eleven o'clock at night, loves going to the banks and prowling around. What is the plan starting? I guess I guess starting tonight.
Speaker 2: Sure, starting the siving. What folks will encounter is on both ends of the pedestrian plaza you will see some bike racks. They have banners on them that talk about, you know, the new rules and measures for Friday and Saturday evenings from ten pm to two am. It'll be a collection point. If you want to enter part that plaza area, you're going to have to come through a central check in point. There will be private security there that will be looking at your photo ID to make certain you are in fact twenty one years old. And if you meet the requirements, you can come on in. Of course, I'll still have to get check at the individual establishment that you might be wanting to enter. But if you are twenty one and you don't want to enter an establishment and just want to be in the plaza, you can certainly do that. But the hope is that it will continue to foster a positive fun environment for those that are of a certain age after a certain point in time in the evening.
Speaker 1: So Tracy's swagman of the bank. So what is the problem with somebody would tap on your shoulder and say, okay, I'm unaware of all the violence happening at the banks. Tell me what is what? Why are you doing this? What is the underlying problem?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Want to we want to make it a well. We want to encourage folks to still come down here. We want them to feel like they're coming to an environment that has some controls, that have some safety components associated with it. And this is something actually we've done as a private stakeholder cany Not only this initiative, but other initiatives that we've done and put in place over the last couple of years. We've added cameras, we've added enhanced lighting. We have worked at the police to look at a lot of our plantings in the planters and lower the profile so there's some clear sight lines from one end to the other. There's a lot of different measures that we've put in place as a private community to try and help foster a safe environment. You know, we can't solve all the problems down here, and a lot of them are quite frankly beyond our scope and beyond anything that we can quite frankly control. But we certainly want to do our part to provide the best customer environment we possibly can. And we think that this is a good and valuable step, and we're grateful to you know, the city and the CPD for granting us special permission to do these things in the public plaza on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Speaker 1: You know, a little Bertie told me that it cost one hundred thousand dollars to do this on two nights a week with four hours. Is that number about correct? And who pays for it?
Speaker 3: That's about right?
Speaker 2: This initiative will cost us about a quarter of a million dollars to do over the next six months. It's all yeah, it's all privately funded.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's it's funded by what we affectionately call down here are are AHOA, our private stakeholders. You know, it's not just the retailers that are that are paying into it, but it's also you know, the apartments, it's it's the hotel, it's all of those private property earners in between the two stadiums that believe this is an important measure to put in place, uh and should add some value to the safety and security of the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: For those who may not know what happens on a warm Friday or Saturday night without this door district being bicycle racked off, what is happening there? For those who.
Speaker 2: Don't know, well, I think you know what we've found over the last handful of years is you know, it's a fun place to be. It's an attractive fund environment, and that means it attracts folks that are not twenty one years old as well. We see a lot of use down here, young kids, really young kids, uh, you know, teenagers, pre teenagers, and while you know, you know, we we welcome those folks during the daytime. The reality is at a certain point in the evening, the activities down here are geared towards twenty one and up, and it's just not it's not a place to play and hang out. And I think it's I think that's part of the reason why you've even seen the city put in place some special measures to try and give those kids someplace positive to go spend their evenings rather than hanging out in a city environment that's really not geared for them.
Speaker 1: I think last week I had on Ken cove, or sergeant with the CPD, head of the union. He said, there's one hundreds some evenings, thousands of kids smoking pot looking for the next person to rob. Is that a fair description, Well, Kim would.
Speaker 2: Probably know better than I am from a law enforcement standpoint, that's that's for sure. But it's certainly, you know, activity that we would discourage. You know, certainly up today's you you don't want to see kids engaging in that, and we certainly don't want to provide an environment that fosters that behavior. You know, we want to make certain that you know, that's not happening in our neighborhood and hopefully, you know, with the other measures perhaps that the city has put in place with pools being open and rec at night and some other things, that those folks will find a more productive environment to have fun and engage in more age appropriate activities.
Speaker 1: And the kids doing this are not exactly customers anyway, there are sixteen fourteen. It's not going to hurt business at all.
Speaker 4: Is it.
Speaker 2: It's not, and we actually hope it'll improve business. And we're grateful that, you know, our business owners are on page with that, our private property owners, you know, the apartments in the hotel, and frankly, our large venues you know, like the Reds and the Bengals are are in supportive of this initiative as well. They have been great vocal supporters and strategic partners and thinking about how to put something like this in place.
Speaker 1: You're also involved with a heritage bank center. It's kind of a decrepit structure, been there about forty some years, and the powers that be have determined that that may may not be the best place for the indoor arena. Jeff Birding, your friend t Q WEL and FC wants to move that arena over by music hall across the street. Would that be a problem from your perspective?
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. We think that the best place for a new modern arena is the Banks. The existing footprint is the perfect place for it. A new modern arena with eighteen to twenty thousand seats and modern amenities does sit at the Banks. In fact, it's probably the most cost effective location, and studies have shown that cost studies have shown that it's actually the most cost effective location by simply the fact that you've got a lot of the public infrastructure already in place. You've got the transit center, you've got the interstate exits. You've got the existing sewer systems and electrical grids and all those things that support large venues like that already in place, so you don't have to recreate that someplace else. The Bank's handles. It's not uncommon to have these three of these venues happen at the same time, and we managed to flow people in and out of this environment without much trouble. So we've truly and firmly believed that on the Merits, the existing location of the Heritage Bank Center is the best location for a new modern arena. That I think everybody has now reached the point of believing that can be a valuable contributor to the city's economic future. You know, a new, new, new modern arena has great economic benefits, and I think that's an exciting place to be from a conversation standpoint. That there's that acknowledgment, we just you know, we will continue to advocate that the Banks is the best location.
Speaker 1: For it, Tracy, why is it important for it to be there as opposed to maybe off the city core? And secondly, I wanted to address the issue of how unique the Banks are between the Bengals and the Black Music Hall of Fame, and throw on top of that all the Banks projects in the Heritage Bank, the Great American Ballpark. That's it's an incredible area and many cities don't have that. And we can't let that fall down because of a few hundred kids that don't know how to behave It's got to be. How unique is the Banks in Toto.
Speaker 2: It's incredibly unique. You know a lot of people don't get the folks from thirty years ago enough credit and actually envisioning this and putting it into place. I mean, they contemplated the floodplain you know, we just encountered flooding and all of these businesses were open and just fine. You know, they built this thing out of the floodplane. They were quite they quite forced quite the foresight and building it the way they did. You know, they Trenchport Washington away. They put in the transit Center. This was built as an entertainment district. It was designed to do exactly what it does. And I will tell you what I hear most frequently from folks that come in town supporting me the out of town team, whether you know, if the Reds are playing the Pirates or the Bengals are playing the Bills. Out of town folks love the Banks. They are astounded at what we have down here, and they can't wait to come back. Folks love to come here from out of town because of what the Banks offers them. It's like it's a walkable downtown that they can they can go from the stadium to a bar or a restaurant and it's all right here at their footsteps. It's a fun, walkable environment, and folks are are They love coming here and and sometimes we don't appreciate that, you know, being local and and just it's part of our daily lives. But you really do gain some appreciation for it when you hear out of town ors sing the praises of the banks.
Speaker 1: Tracy Schwegman of the Banks. Lastly, it's tonight ten o'clock. Someone's not paying attention to radio television. They're going to run into what tonight at ten o'clock They're going.
Speaker 2: To run into bike cracks with signs on them reminding folks that this is now a twenty one and up environment. From ten pm to two am, they're going to run into security, private security. They'll be checking their IDs, and we hope folks remember to bring their IDs. And we look forward to welcome you folks to a fun, fun environment down here at the Banks twenty one and up ten pm to two am.
Speaker 1: Tracy Swegman of the Banks, thanks again for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. May God bless you and God bless America. Thank you, Tracy, Thanks Bill, much appreciated. All right, let's continue, and one might ask, I know that Thigi has talked about this. I spoke to the Chief of police. She's gonna to come on with me on Monday, and she said, where are the parents are? Ware they how do you have numerous hundreds of kids running around Shmail Park and the banks on a summer's night without much going on? And I would note off the air. She told me this is only Friday and Saturday and so on Sunday night, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. It's going to be, shall we say, no idea required in the door district, in front of in front of a great American ballpark, in front of the Holy Grail. It's going to be the way things have been recently. And there's a police station right there, right in the middle, and there's cops right there in uniform. CPD and Hamley County Sheriffs are there, and these crimes are taking place despite that fact. So that's put that in your computer and see what happens. But the billions of dollars in investments in that area cannot be fritted away because of the behavior of a few children. Let's continue with more if a line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Coming up later will be Leland Vidder of News Nation. I'm watching a couple of nights ago, and he spoke about the fact that he has autism, that he's autistic. He could have knocked me over with a feather, And I said, he's got a book out of it to talk about it called Born Lucky. And I want to talk about Leland Viddert, who spent time on CNN and also Fox News. And he's only forty two years old and he was diagnosed when he was four or five years older with autism and his journey is unbelievable. So if you know a parent or a loved one that has this spectrum disorder, pay attention. After one o'clock today, Leland Viddert will be here. That's term of the Reds. By the way, teeing off tonight about seven forty in Denver. The Reds are one game below five hundred. They win two out of three or sweep Colorado when they should because that team stinks. They won a total of four games this year, which is not good. So let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW HI Billy Cunningham, the Great American Reds Baseball kicks off about seven forty to night, first pitch and Colorado, Denver about eight forty tonight. Denver stinks, Colorado stinks, and many things, but especially baseball so let's see if the Reds can make some hey there, the one game under five hundred. They have the goal by May first of winning at least half their games. It's happened once in the past ten years with the Reds on May first heat of winning record, and with the schedule coming up, it would behoove them to sweep the Rocks out there or at least one two out of three to get to five hundred or beyond. Then we continue and never stop. We simply continue more coverage of the NFL Draft, and that'll be with segment at one thirty and two thirty. But until then, I'm watching a few nights ago Leland Viddert, who's all with me once or twice a month from Fox News in now at News Nation Monday through Friday at nine pm, and Leland Viddert has been everywhere in the world covering the big stories. He said on the air Wednesday night that he is he is autistic, that he was diagnosed with auto at a very young age. So he goes on and on and on about how autism affected his life, the good, the bad, and the ugly, how he got over the problems, the symptoms, the difficulties which happens. And I would note that right now it's one out of every thirty one babies are born with autism, one in thirty one. It used to be one out of a thousand and many many decades ago it was one out of one thousand. It was quite rare. Now it's almost common. It's incredible that we have this circumstance happening one in thirty one, and those are the ones that have been properly diagnosed. It could be more than that, and something is causing it. I think one is a lack of reporting decades ago, and many parents felt maybe personally ashamed or embarrassed by the fact that their child, their baby wasn't growing up, shall I say normally whatever that means. And so it's possibly more diagnosis. But the other issue could be the vaccines that you can't talk about if you bring up vaccines, as RFK Junior has done, vaccine denier, in which case you don't get a public form. In fact, you're diminished and thrown out of the boat. On the other hand, you have red dye too, and all these breakfast cereals and other m and ms, etc. All used certain petroleum based dyes to change the color and make it look more physically attractive. It could be something of that character. It could be ecological, could be genetic, could be racial because boys are four times more likely to have autism than girls.
Speaker 4: Don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think you contract autism like you contract measles. Many believe today you were born with autism. Then it exhibits and shows itself as developmental continues, and the spectrum is quite wide and broad. Obviously, Elon Musk has autism, and Elon's not doing too bad, excepting the views of Democrats, and Leland Viiddtert announced a couple of nights ago that he has autism. He has a book out he's going to discuss it, which I think is must read because his recovery, if that to write word from autism has been unbelievable. That's coming up after one o'clock today, But until then we had the second. A second judge has been arrested on the bench for committing illegal acts while a judge, and this judge, her name is Milwaukee County Circuit Court judge Hannah Dugan, was arrested Friday morning, which is today, after she allegedly harbored illegal aliens in her jury room. At the center of this as an illegal alien who was appearing before Judge Dugan. She got word from the court personnel that ICE agents had set up shop outside the courthouse to arrest this illegal who was wanted on serious felony charges including selling a methan fhetamine, heroin, and murder. And she was appearing in her courtroom and the powers that be notified her that the ICE is waiting outside. So what she did, Allegedly she's been on the bench about ten years and she after a while the ICE agents outside, the illegal was not coming out, so some stayed outside, someone inside and they found an illegal in the judge's jury room, hiding in the bathroom of the jury room. US Martial Service determined, they made calls to Milwaukee, then to Washington, decided what to do. Because you had a sitting common place court judge in Milwaukee hiding in illegal knowingly in her own jury room. All the powers that be decided that well, she committed, she committed seemingly a felony, so let's arrest her, which they did this morning about ten am. And Dugan is one of several judges who've been accused of harboring illegal aliens over the past several years. You might recall a few days ago before her arrest, a former judge in New Mexico is all so arrested for the alleged crime of harboring fugitives from justice and obstruction of justice, and she appears Dugan appears to be the first active judge to face consequences for their behavior. By the way that both these judges are left wing democratic judges who do not believe that the law applies to them because they have a black robe on. They found out that it's not the case anymore. They're not above the law. They don't have the right to use their power to break it, and if they step out of line, they deserve to be arrested in charge like anyone else. I get at one thousand percent. Now, these stories likely will not get much big national play because these are liberal Democrats harboring illegal fugitives. In the case of New Mexico, they had two illegals harboring. Harboring these illegals, they knew they were illegal, that both Venezuela and gang members Trenda Arragua, and they were staying with the judge and the judge's a wife, and they were sleeping on the property, and they were providing necessary services I would assume gardening or preparing meals or whatever. And so the judge was using the illegals to save some money, knowing they were illegal. And I'm thinking, what world am I living in here? If judges don't follow the law? Might one might ask, why do you? Of course, we only hear about Donald Trump not following the law, not listening to judges, not paying attention. We don't hear that when Democrats do exactly the same thing and worse. For example, in twenty twenty, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer spoke to an angry throng of pro abortion protesters outside the doors of the US Supreme Court. There was about three months between the time there was an illegal leak from the Supreme Court they were about to overturn Roe versus Wade in the so called Dobb's decision, until the decision was announced in June, and during those three months there was massive illegal protest all over the country. And by the way, it's illegal to try to influence judge through concerted activity. So when I saw on video hundreds or thousands of illegal protesters marching in front of the homes of judges. I knew that was illegal. You can't do that. But Chuck Schumer took it a bit further, yelling at the top of his lungs in front of a volative crowd that the justice's views on abortion would cause them to quote reap the whirlwind and the two would not know what hit them. Now. That was the Democratic leader of the United States Senate at the time. Chuck Schumer. Did that show respect for the law? Did that show respect for Supreme Court decisions? I don't think so. And in the months thereafter, there was an attempt to murder Brett Kavanaugh in his home by a Democratic activists who came there from Chicago, and he spent time case in the place. He had guns on him and knives. His original goal was simply to kill Brett Kavanaugh, hearkening the call of the Democrats to kill judges. Much like today, over half the liberal Democrats believe that Donald Trump should be assassinated. But nonetheless they caught the guy in town and he was sentenced a few days ago to seven years in prison. And he went there at the behest of Democratic leadership, and in fact the Democrats, showing their disrespect for the law, organized the massive conspiracies involving several including Jack Smith, the federal prosecutor, along with Leticia James, and along with the Alvin Bragg and of course of Fanny Willis. They all got together with the idea of prosecuting Donald Trump to keep him from assuming the assuming the White House should he be elected. And the Georgia prosecutor case Fanny Willison has removed from the Trump case and fine it is now under further criminal investigation. Herself. New York Prosecutor Leticia James is now facing possible felony charges for falsification of documents and loan fraud, including a mortgage that she lied on, and Jack Smith reportedly accepted the federal prosecutor one hundred and forty thousand dollars in free legal services. Put all that together, so how much respect did these Democrats show for judges in the law. They used the legal system for political purposes and put to the side of the whole issue of the federal immigration law that prohibits the illegal entry into our country and residing within those not at the proper sites. To make the proper paperwork that Joe Biden deliberately violated the law by allowing somewhere between twelve to fifteen million illegals to cross the border. Thousands had criminal records, that was all illegal. Did that show respect by the Democrats for the legal system. I don't think so. When it came to the student loan debacle, you might recall that Joe Biden kept issuing order after order saying, you know what, don't have to pay back your student loans. And when asked whether or not he should comply with Supreme Court rules on the thing that is, you can't do that, the answer was no, He's going to ignore the n I State Supreme Court. And he did ignore the Uni States Supreme Court and simply did not enforce the order that he started collecting student loan that had to be paid back. He said, no way, I don't have to do it, not going to do it, and he didn't do it. So at this point, when the Democrats complained loud and proud about the rule of law or Trump being a dictator, I say, contrere, monfrere. The quote from Joe Biden's student loans after he lost before the United States Supreme Court was this quote the Supreme Court blocked it, but that didn't stop me, quote unquote. Can you imagine if US Supreme Court actually issues a final, non appealable order to do something, and Donald Trump would say, quote Supreme Court blocked it, but that didn't stop me, quote unquote. Well, at no point was Biden called a threat to democracy. At no point was Joe Biden called a dictator, despite the fact that he lost before the US Supreme Court and said I'm going to I'm gonna move on. I'm not going to pay attention to that. Nothing about dictator or rule of law when it came to Joe Biden was there. And for all the years that local, state and federal prosecutors warped the law to try to newter Donald Trump and get away with it, they didn't. There were ninety three weaponized indictments against our president by democratic activists masquerading as prosecutors, and then judges masquerading is independent and jurors supposedly of his peers. I don't think so. So I've added up to hear with Democrats talking about the rule of law and democracy when they ignore it completely. I left to the side that George Floyd Riots one hundred American cities burned, and Tim Waltz, the governor of Minnesota, would open the windows of the Governor's mansion so his wife could smell the burn fires. She called that the aroma of freedom. As businesses burned down all over Minneapolis. Was that following the law? I don't think. So let's continue with more, as you know when ever stop, we simply continue. After one o'clock today, in about ten minutes, I'm going to put a call into Leland Vinter of News Nation announcing a few nights ago that he has autism, and he was diagnosed when he was like five or six years old, and what he went through to get to where he is today. And every young mother, young father, this is something you're going to confront whether or not your child has autism. One in thirty one has it a diagnosed more than that undiagnosed, I'm sure, and that boys are four times more likely to get it than girls. Let's continue with more if a line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. So much for the rule of law. It's a political motive, a slogan employed by the left to masquerade the effects of their own decisions. Only used against Republicans. Bill Cunningham with you every day a news radio seven hundred WLW Bill cunning in the Great American almost every Monday through Friday, nine o'clock News Nation. I tune into Leland Vidter and for the news of today, and also the tariffs and Trump talking so much more, and the Pope burial, all that kind of stuff. But nonetheless, the other night, I'm watching Leland Vidder. I've known for many, many years, fact at lunch with him once when I have more lunches with him, him and his family, and like me over with a feather, I'm watching Leland Vidder and he says he's autistic. He was diagnosed autistic some thirty five forty years ago, and he's only forty two years old. And I said, what joining you and I now? Is that same Leland Vitter? Leland, First of all, I don't know if the word congratulations is in order, because we're all some total of our experiences and our biology and all those kinds of things. But the story of you being diagnosed autistic when you were a little boy, and then what your what your father and what your family did for you is unbelievable story. You have a book coming out in September called Born Lucky several months away. But first of all, let's go back in time. Tell me, I have these beautiful pictures of you and your dad and et cetera. What were you? Were you young enough not to know the feelings you were having? How were you diagnosed with autism? Before we get on to the other issues.
Speaker 3: It was bill before they've diagnosed people sort of on the spectrum. So back then, the only kids who were diagnosed at the time with autism were what we would now call profoundly autistic, or anyone would see the child and instantly know that that was the situation. So I was diagnosed with what we now know as autism, and the I guess you'd call it symptoms or behaviors were very clear, sort of got wildly angry. He had completely unable to read social cues, unable to interact with kids. In the book, we tell the story of my dad coming to see me, and I think was fourth grade and I had been bullied so badly. He was coming to check on me at school and the pe teacher said that he could come see me. But I was down on this other field because the pe teacher had put me to play with the girls all day because I you know how badly I was bullied in the issues. I was having so lots of stories like that. But my dad decided that having a diagnosis there were a lot of different words for it back then, was not in my best interest because he was worried I would be defined for the rest of my life by that diagnosis. And while you can adapt the world to a kid, the real world doesn't adapt. So he spent the next eighteen years trying to teach me how to interact in the real world, and it's you're never cured. I still, you know, will always be this the way I am, but he's taught me how to adapt. So the story of Born Lucky is the idea and proof that no kid has to be defined by their diagnosis, and the hope for parents, whatever their kids struggling with ADHD, bullying, mental issues, physical issues, that there's real hope for parents that love and dedication can make such a difference because so many kids are diagnosed and they feel like there is no hope.
Speaker 1: I look at you and Elon Musk and I'm thinking too autistic individuals that have done famously well, uh, going back in time, were you perceptive enough when you were five, six, seven years old to know that you were different, that you had mental or behavioral problems or was that too young for.
Speaker 3: You totally at five or six?
Speaker 4: Know?
Speaker 3: As I got older, I mean, it was obvious that kids didn't want to play with me. It was obvious to me that kids ostracized me and bullied me. And as I got older, the bullying got worse. There were a lot of times that teachers were involved in the bullying and that kind of behavior. We tell those stories in the book and how my parents sort of dealt with that. But I think as I got older, I became self aware, but I didn't know what I was doing wrong. I didn't know why I didn't fit in. And a big part of the stories we tell is how Dad really coached me through that. And we tell a story about when I he would take me to dinners and if I talked too much, he would tap his watch and that was my signal to stop talking. And then afterwards we would post game, almost like a sports game. Okay, why did I tap my watch? What were you saying that was off rhythm? Why didn't you stop talking? Why did you tell that extra joke? Do you understand? You know that this person was trying to talk to someone else and you were monopolizing the conversation. Not to say that I don't monopolize conversations on television now, but it is it was a learned Every one of these were learned skills for me, and it was hard, very hard to learn. So and I'm obviously a big part of this is giving hope, and a big part of this just on a personal level, is saying thank you to my dad. He sacrificed so much, and to obviously give so many parents hope that their sacrifices are worth it. So Born luckybook dot com is the website and today only Barnes and Nobles having a sale pre sale, So if you go there to Barnes and Nobles website Born Lucky, you get twenty five percent off.
Speaker 1: That's one of the stories got to get out on parental guilt. And now that you're more than an adult, more than successful, have you had conversations about your parents about maybe the guilt they felt they did something wrong, whether it was red dye number two, whether it was vaccines, whether it was a pollution, did your parents have any sense of personal responsibility for this?
Speaker 3: You know, it's interesting you asked that because at the time, it was thought that autism was caused by sort of having a cold, patrician mother. That was the original thoughts of cause, and that obviously wasn't the case. I had one of the most wonderful, caring, kind, gentle mothers you could possibly imagine.
Speaker 1: You met her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't look do I think? I think that my father would tell you, and again we tell this story. He probably had.
Speaker 2: Some issues when he was growing up.
Speaker 3: He famously was given the book How to Win Friends and Influence People, and it really helped him. He'd sort of learned from that book. I was far, far, far farther down the spectrum, for lack of a better term, than he was. So I think I don't know if there was guilt, but I think there was certainly a realization by him of what I was going through.
Speaker 1: And your father sold his business and became a twenty four to seven parent that allowed you to succeed famously when you do topics like this. I know rfk's in the crosshairs right now because of his previous comments on vaccines and all the red dyes that are put into candies, breakfast cereals. Environmental factor is you probably know more about the causes of this than anyone. If there is a cause, What does Leland Vitter say about the cause of your autism?
Speaker 3: I think Bill, the whole point is we don't know. In Jay Badcharia, who's now the doctor in head of NIH, he was the doctor who very famously said that we needed to end the COVID lockdouts. He who was hurting kids and was called a quack, is now saying that we not only need to find a cause, but he says it's been really important a couple of days ago, which is that for the past number of years, scientists have been quote afraid to ask the question. And that really stunned me and stuck with me. We should never be afraid to ask questions. The questions don't get us in trouble, the answers do. And finally, now we're willing to have a conversation about something that went from one in a thousand kids when I was a kid to one in thirty two now, and this should be the scientific question of our time. Why and maybe it is all prevalence now that we know more and are diagnosing earlier, and everything else was great, but we need to answer that question conclusively. And I think there's this argument going along, well, if you want to figure out the cause, then it must be that you know somehow people with autism are bad or wrong, or you're not being supportive. Look, I went through what I went through. There's a lot of people who go through far worse versions of autism, people you call profoundly autistic.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: That's not taking away from anything that someone's going through. But God, if I would do anything so that if my child or anybody's child didn't have to go through what I went through or worse, I don't know why we wouldn't want to do everything we can to find out the answers to these questions.
Speaker 1: Did you have you succeeded in life? I think you're only forty two years old, but you have succeeded. Did you succeed in life because of autism or in spite of it?
Speaker 2: It's a great question.
Speaker 3: I think it's personal for everyone, And up until I was twenty or twenty one, I never knew about this. Now my parents didn't tell anybody, including me. Oh so I think you'd have to say, in spite of now, are there probably things or I was succeeded by adapting you Whatever success I've enjoyed has been through my dad's teachings and and learning to probably learning to modify the behaviors that were off putting. And I guess there are some, you know, advantages to being able to focus or see the world differently or in some ways looking at things differently. If I've enjoyed those benefits, great, I'd be hard pressed to to really list them. But maybe that's part of having never, you know, never been told that this is what I was going through. And I think that, you know, that was a decision my parents made, and one that I think was important because I never not only did I never have any limitations placed on me, oh, because he's autistic. But the flip side is I never gave myself an excuse, and no excuses were given for me. You know, Oh, it's okay that my nickname was Lucky, hence the title of the book, Lucky to act this way or that way. There was never an excuse for it. It was never allowed or or understood because of my condition.
Speaker 1: Is autism something today that has treated with drugs, it's a behavioral If there's millions and millions of Americans dealing with this today, maybe tens of millions are dealing with it today, and they parents will do twenty million. Is it medicine or is it drugs? It's a behavioral modification? What is it?
Speaker 3: There's a lot, and it's a wide spectrum. And I do not profess in any way to be an expert. Now, this book is not a prescription. It's not a cure, it's not a how to, It's none of those things. This is my story And as far as people find it useful and take from it inspiration, hope, the story of love and dedication, wonderful.
Speaker 1: That's that's what.
Speaker 3: This is about.
Speaker 1: You know, I think of the road not taken, of the road taken. I can only imagine the millions of kids diagnosed with autism, suffering from it in one sense or another, that did not have a loving father and a great mother, did not have incredible support systems. And what happens to a young Leland Jones or a Leland Smith who lives in ames Iowa and they don't have a father that gives twenty four to seven sells his businesses with them. It's just a nurturing, loving parent. What happens to the kid named Leland Jones and Ames Iowa.
Speaker 3: I think it's a great question. And as I said, this isn't you know, this is no way of prescription. And I think I really acknowledge from the title on how lucky I have been. And I think when people read the book, they'll realize that could everyone quit their job and tell their businesses. And my dad didn't know. But the way he dealt with this and the dedication he provided, but also the way he dealt with it had a lot of positives and some of the things that were done were very different than how I shall say it's in vogue right now to handle these situations completely different.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty eight was almost the Dark Ages when it comes to the diagnosing of autism. It hasn't become something to the last ten or fifteen years. And now when you have numbers and one out of thirty one baby's born, it used to be one out of a thousand. Heck, maybe fifty years one hundred years ago was one out of ten thousand, because there was no diagnosis happening at all, and everyone is different, but to get help early speak to the issue of what do you still need help today at the age of forty two or did it stop at some point with you?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Bill, you probably have to ask my fiance to she tell you I need help every hour.
Speaker 1: I know the feeling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't think that goes away. And I don't think it has anything to do with autism. I think it's just a factive life for us men. This is I think a message to get across and I write this that this is not a broken arm. It doesn't feel and I think that's through so many things that kids go through in life, autism, a PhD, social anxiety, physical difficulties, other kinds of mental difficulties. So do I still need help?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Every day. Do I still catch myself being socially blind or having anger issues or any of those kinds of things. Absolutely, But I've learned to manage it. I've learned to control it. And I think a really important thing that my dad did was he never allowed my diagnosis that obviously he didn't talk about, to be an excuse. There was never a reason, and therefore that was a powerful thing. Now I didn't know what was happening, But it kind of forced me to behave in a certain way with certain expectations. Is that possible for everyone?
Speaker 4: No, But.
Speaker 3: I think now as I'm an adult, I see wisdom of it because I still catch myself in moments and I don't excuse myself for doing it. It's like, God, Lucky, why did you tell that joke? Or why didn't you give Bill Cunningham that putt? And as I think through things in social situations, it's still a discipline and a learned skill.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable story, and I'm glad you're telling it. You may become, in a sense, the face of autism going forward. I anticipate the book Born Lucky's going to be a smash best seller. I anticipate that when people hear about the journey of Leland Viddert, you went in Northwestern I think you went to the London School of Economics and throw on top without Elon Musk, who is one of the brightest, richest men in the world. Both with autism and for the parents getting a diagnosis this week that your child is autistic. It's almost a must read because it gives you a roadmap. It's not the end of the child's life. It's the beginning. And maybe in the good old days, like I had answered my pants Adhd, little billies has to get up and walk around. He can't sit down. He can answer all that stuff. I think I had, Adhd, or I had something, but at that point it was simply get over it. But today we can have much better results than you and Elon Musk are an example. Well, I mentioned to talk to you about the tariffs and about the Pope's funeral and about all that kind of stuff and about the next Pope and the white smoke and the black smoke, and the one hundred and fifty cardinals to be in the conclave and the movie Conclave. Didn't get to it. Maybe the next time. But Leland Vedder once again born Lucky book dot com, Barnes and No and for those listening now, twenty five percent off if you order it. It's almost like a mess. I think it's a must read for those parents that have these issues. And Leland Vitder, I will be watching Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and once again thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show and on a different course than I thought, but I think it was very useful for the listeners and for me and you. And thank you Leland, thank you Bill, god blinin God bless America. Let's continue with more. Leland Viddert knock me over with a feather two three nights ago, said I I have autism. I said, what? So let's move on. Bill Cunningham, the great American with you every day. You're home of the Reds News Radio seven hundred WULW twenty seventeenth big.
Speaker 5: In the twenty twenty five NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Chamar Stewart defensive ends Texas A and m.
Speaker 1: Oh, hello, hello, yet spoke, I'm broadcasting. So I spoke to Tony Pike of Reading High School earlier, who told me, yes that this past season Schamar Stewart had a total of one point five sacks and one was against Bowling Green. Does that count? I guess, so will he? I think I could play for four You could go out fourteen games, eight years old and go around the edge and get a sack for four and a three and three seasons, four and a half sacks. But but mister, mister Stewart has arrived in the Queens. Where is he? Where is he get him up here. Well, he's uh, he flew in get him up private jet and he is here in Cincinnati and he's supposed to meet the media in about an hour. Did the Bengals meet with him ahead of time before the draft? H? Well, I think Al Golden called his coach, but he does not remember. He said, I had no contact with the Bengals at the combine or nothing. I don't know what's going on. Well, he's not a run stopper, has tackling problems, and he doesn't sack the quarterback. So can you tell me? In perfect right? He gits right into this paint guns the longust, Trey Hendrickson sacking him, the rest of them. I guess they figure is he gonna play? Is he gonna be with? All I know is, according to the experts, is tackling problems. He is not a run he's not a run blockade. And thirdly, he doesn't rush the quarterback. Well because in the SEC in the SEC he had a total of zero point five sacks in the SEC last season, what's a half of sackworth? Well, that's when another guy gets on the quarterback and you join him, I guess. But how about the how about Green Bay, Wisconsin? Two hundred and five thousand people. It was pretty good though that when the commissioner came into the came on stage, they were riding bikes on a swing and he got food food, smirt, I mean sat He's looking out among these throngs of fans and the fans are buying all this NFL merchandise, and you're booing him. How many people showed up for the draft two hundred and five thousand. It's more people that live in one hundred and seven thousand population green Green Bay. People were selling their driveways for parking spots for over one hundred dollars a parking spot bingo. And tell me who would live in Green Bay? I don't know. I think they got about what two weeks of summer and that's about it. Maybe a weekend, didn't he didn't the Edmund Fitzgerald go down near that? Yes, yes, the John Fogelston. Wasn't it Fogelberg? One night it was Gordon lightfoot I think it was Fogelberg. No, it was Gordon Lightfooting, a Canadian singer. Extraordinary. And by the way, they found the Edmund Fitzgerald. We have nice video of the Edmund. At the bottom of late is a lake Gordon Lightfoot. I told you it was Gordon Lightfoot. That's what That's what I just say. So that's what That's what I said you, Sakay, I'm sorry, but have you seen the video?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: What do you think Supposedly there was some door left open and things split in half? Will leave the astute reporters approb service of a local Tamestar Heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality. You could feel his beautiful Western hills. She's dead, by the way. Call my man, Brent Durbott at Heating and Cooling at five one three five ninety eight eighty four forty nine, or go to Durbin Heating and Cooling dot com. Say what about these judges being arrested for hiding illegal immigrants?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 1: One's in their jury room. They were looking for him, so she hides him out in the jury room and Ice comes and arrest him, the one for murder charges and arrest the judge. What was his crime? Murder?
Speaker 3: Murder?
Speaker 1: What's his crime? Drug dealing? I don't know, Willie, I don't know what to tell you. There's the judge right there being locked up by ice. This is this is wonderful. Can't be any better. No one is above the law, and not even the liberal democratic judges. Jes limned that's Robert KKK bird. I think let's see what else is going. Rounds two and three are set for tonight in the National Football League. What time tonight? I want to make sure I'm listening to the Reds, But what coverage begins at six on ESPN fifteen thirty down, seven o'clock is when they start picking. Now we got a case of the google here because Joe Frederick has informed you that the NFL release schedule is To say in to that, I'm sorry, Rounds four through seven is tomorrow, sorry, starting at noon, and that's when it rapid fire. That's when they pick like every few seconds, three minutes. Let's see, as you said, will either twenty twenty five. NFL schedule release date is Wednesday, May fourteenth. There's that number again, fourteen, And you know what happens on Wednesday May the fourteenth. We honor Peter Edward Road, the hit king. He hasn't got enough honors, would you agree? We got to give him the correct Red's Update Reds and Rocks Tonight the game three and three open up a three games set in Denver. How many games have they won this year? Six oh five. Sports Talk RNL carriers Inside Pitch at seven forty as Andrew Abbott will be opposed by Kyle Freeland. Now, the Rockies are swept in a double header yesterday in Kansas City. They are four and twenty on the season. They're three and six in home, one in fourteen on the road. There's that number they had. They've had thirteen consecutive road losses. Their loan win away from Chorus Field in Tampa Bay March twenty ninth, the first series of the season against the Rays. Now, now the city of Orlando, here we go. Here we go, one step closer to bringing Major League Baseball to the Magic City from Tampa, I would imagine. Is that correct? One and a half million dollars in funding has been pledged to attract an MLB team and build a new ballpark in the Magic City. That means Tampa is du n n done. So I guess see what I have? Well there the place got ripped apart by the hurricane, and what do you do? We had a New Mexico judge and his wife that harbored two illegal immigrants to provide services in the home. I would assume gardening or cooking or whatever. Butler, they knew they were illegal, but they were judges. Therefore they couldn't be touched. Guess what they're now touched? Yeah, under arrest. Let me read you your rights? Yes, Judge. MLS Soccer Kids Day tomorrow at TQL Stadium, FC Cincinnatiant Home. What time tomorrow afternoon against Sporting Kansas City? When did they play two o'clock on ESPN fifteen thirty. I'll be at the Friendly Confines knocking the ball around. Horse racing Kentucky. Ever we draw set for tomorrow night in Louisville, local horse and run for the roses this year chunk of Gold at a turf way park and the local trainer is Ethan West. What I'm not free to pain? I don't think there. I don't think that's a band of gold. That is that related to this horse. No, that's pretty good though, Free to pain, that's good. I like that song, A good record, not as good as Gordon Lightfoot's Edmund Fitzgerald that you said I was this Fogelberg character. It was, well, I like it. I get my uh, I get my music. People mixed up sometimes have the reds man of right move, having not interviewed the player and having been told he doesn't sack, not a run blocker, and by the way, well he doesn't, shall we he has these skills, He's an untested individual. Is that fair to say? Well, they're gonna they bring him in, Willie. They drafted him, and then what they'll do is I guess so they'll turn him over to big Al Golden and hey, Al Golden will mold him into another Trey Hendrickson and maybe he'll put some court of backs on the ground. Wasn't he drafted by the Green Bay Packers Al Golden? That I don't know? Wide receiver? Wasn't that him? I had to but that was the Golden Richards that was picked. Well, I wasn't the same guy, No.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think so that maybe maybe maybe he's a wide receiver and confencer. Well that was your time. That was back in the sixties and seventies. I'm talking about last round, you fool, I'm talking last night. I don't know why you should find out So these are things I worry about at night when I'm alone. Been alone a lot recently. My wife's in Florida with the girlfriends. I'm up here and imagine shrimp. Yeah all I'm eating. I just can't imagine what you do the skyline Chili. I watched sports. Watch your diet there, mister, I know in Newsmax, gotta be I gotta lose ten pounds. You can be back with the Greek, the great Greek. You mean the cow vale carry oucus. He told me. I gotta lose ten. I weigh one eighty seven. He says, I got to weigh one seventy five. I said, Doc, I like the like the Graters, like the Skyline, get get the Caine. The big blue machine machine from Saint X was here, a big blue machine. They didn't know anything about Rocky boyman. That's a that's an outrage. Rocky is bigger than he thinks he is. And so yeah, and I told those guys tell Rocky if you see him outside, Yeah, that make sure you tell him that they know who he is. To make it makes his ego feel good, right, And they did that. Yeah, it built him still fitting if I go to middle Tucky. I go to Middle Tucky High School, Middletown Middle Tucky and say what about seg Man Dennis at Home of the Middies. What do they say? They probably don't know who I am. At least you ad met lived there. When I go to Derrick Park, you go to Coleraine, they know the Cardinals know about you. Yes, they do. Be sure you go to the park. You go to the park over there. You gotta go at you Bill Cunningham Street, Cunningham and Cuttingham Boulevard and you pull into Cuttingham Parkway and there's your statue. And then did they name the basketball arena after you yet? Yes, Jerry Wood Court inside Cunningham Arena. Pretty go. I thought it was great American arena. Well that's another branch that kind of like a school of broadcasts.
Speaker 4: Perry.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I put the money together. We got it all together, including Trey Hendrickson who called us to raise money for Deer Park High School. How about that? What we put together an event and they came in for Trey. That's why I'm I'm a fan of Trey. Who's the next guy coming, don't know, can't say, I can't say. It could be possibly Tom Brady just saying what segment, give me out of Studge Report, Christopher Righty's coming up next to Newsmax, good friend of the President to talk about tariffs and more segment, give me out of the students report, please Willie and Otter of the National Football League Draft, and we welcome in Shamar Stewart to the Cincinnati Bengals. May he live long and prosper. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood Triple. This is a decision of a support for every player.
Speaker 3: You have to take each case individually, understanding circumstances.
Speaker 1: Uh, we're trying to affect behaviors here.
Speaker 5: We're trying to make people understand the responsibility live up to that standards and avoid making mistakes.
Speaker 1: And you said judging as you talking about the Shannon Sharp he was ready to sign one hundred million dollar deal. Now it's a woman who he claims there's another one now, Sechu, Yeah, I didn't know that coming out of you know, going crazy on seven hundred WULW by Billy Cunningham, the Great America and of course news Max and one of the uh most important websites I think in America. He goes I have it up on I have it on my phone and icon I'm looking at my right. I have it up now. Newsmax dot Com, television and printing, so much more, and of course the chief cook and bottle washer, the CEO, the founder is Christopher Ruddy, who rang the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange for New Max's recent a successful IPO. He's a close friend of the President, and many issues are percolating. Christopher Ruddy, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. First of all, congratulations on the rollout of the IPO. It's been quite successful.
Speaker 4: Congratulations well, Bill, Congratulations to you. I hear you're in over five hundred stations these days with your national show and just amazing in Ohio. So I'm glad to be on with you. It's a great honor. I was greatly honored to be opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange earlier this month. Newsmax became public March thirty, first on the Exchange. We were the first regulation and company ever. It go directly to the Big Board. We had a record involvement and increase that day. People. The demand was so great for Newsmax stock. I think it's a sign. And people are turning off the old media, right. They don't trust them anymore. They're coming to places like Newsmax and Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 1: Well, what's happening. I think the dinosaur media is dead. They died about eight nine years ago, and the burials taking place. And as a consequence, if you would watch only ABC, NBCCBSPBS, only read the New York Times Washington Post, the country's incomplete collapse. Nothing's going right. The economy's heading toward a recession, if not a depression. US military is completely demoralized, and we have now Gangbang members that are being adopted by the Radical Democratic Party. It's incredible. Let's talk number one about tariffs. The markets are extremely jittery because of what Trump has to do. Everyone I talked to says this had to be done. Explain the off ramps on the tariff disputes and how that's going to benefit the American people.
Speaker 4: Well, as you know, I've known the president for almost thirty years, so we talk a lot. I just spoke to him the other week and several times about tariffs. And you know, here's the thing you have to understand, He's really not for tariffs. He's for fair trade deals. He's for more jobs and more money coming into America. I think this is great, right. What he sees the tariff is his only weapon that he has to get these countries like China, the EU to stop their unfair trade deals. You go out on the street, you go out in Cincinnati, you go out in here, you won't find American cars the numbers. You see farm cars all over the place, but not in the numbers. You go into Europe, all you see are their cars. You don't see American cars. You don't see in China American cars. I've been to both, and so they're not buying our stuff, and there's tariffs if we try to trade our stuff there. And Trump says, what's this about? This is crazy, and he's overthrowing forty years of bad trade policy. I say, give him more time. Don't be nervous. He's got a great economic plan. He's going to bring the economy back and people can continue to invest in the stock market as I am and other things because Donald Trump's in charge.
Speaker 1: And this will end at some point, and whether it's a week, a month, or six months. Everyone says there there's an ending to this, which means that American products can be sold in Europe or China, and can be sold in South Korea, the Philippines can be sold in the EU. You seldom to see a Ford or a Chevy anywhere in Europe, and it's got to stop, and somebody had to do it. Instead of getting the benefit of the doubt from the media, they attack him mercilessly on a regular basis. And China now is telling the nations they deal with guess what if you deal with America, you can't deal with us. And that's even better for us. Correct, But we're the market. We're about twenty six percent of the world's GDP. About forty percent of consumer spending is right in America. And so is China not hearing what Trump is saying about tariffs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, think about it. We're only five percent of the world population of forty percent under the spending. I mean, we are the global giant. But you know, Trump comes along and he's saying he's ending this bs, he wants to bring back jobs. He also was very scared. I can tell you he didn't make a big issue of it, but he was not happy. During COVID, China slow walked a lot of medical equipment and a lot of pharmaceuticals here. They made it very difficult. He knows it, and he doesn't trust them anymore. Supply chains. We need to have critical industries here in the United States. We need to have a car industry, because you can't have a military industry if you don't make cars. So he's definitely going to keep a car tariff here, which should be good for US car automakers, by the way, But I definitely, you know, he's got a very sensible approach. You know, when he ended his presidency bill, as you wouldcall, everything was a peace basically in the Middle East. There was no war in Russia. He even got the North Korean stopped their missile testing. I mean, who could have believed it? No one.
Speaker 1: And I look on the tariff front about Honda that was making their hybrid Civic in Mexico. They're now coming to Indiana and many foreign car makers are now going to come into America and build factories here. And that doesn't happen overnight. Here we are about the one hundred day mark of the Trump presidency. It may take one to three years for that to happen, but it's on the glide path to getting it done. And the communists red Chinese kill one hundred thousand Americans a year through fentanyl. They are thieves, crooks, and liars. I'm talking about the government, not the people of China. When it comes to intellectual property IP, that kind of stuff they steal. The idea is and they're an import nation. This is little known Christopher Ruddy that they get about eighty percent of their energy through imports and also many of their food stuffs through imports. They're extremely vulnerable right now, including the trillions of dollars of losses in their real estate markets and the fact that they're a communist country that kill Christians. That's little known. Wwigers a Muslim minority or in concentration camps, Catholics and Christians are obliterated, obliterated and slaughtered. There's no property rights in China. You can't be a Christopher Ruddy in China and live with with your with your thoughts on politics. And there's no sense of personal property. No one owns anything in China. The government come in and take it away. And I think we've found ourselves in a situation that were extremely vulnerable. This had to happen at some point. You also have a reference at Newsmax Christo Ruddy about there's a good chance that that car tariffs may never come off. Can you explain that to the American people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I was saying earlier Bill that you know, President Trump sees the car industry as very important for national security. If you don't have car, you can't build military vehicles, and you can't build tanks and other materials. So he believes that we need a car industry for national security. I think what we've seen is supply lines a very week that China wants to interrupt those supply lines. They can really cause a lot of damage to America if we ever get into a war. And you say that won't happen, well, they're threatening war. Chines has been threatening war pretty regularly these days over Taiwan, even over trade policy. They've HINTEREDID they've got a war with the United States, and so we need a car industry. And the President says, the only way you build up a car industry here is you have a ten percent twenty percent tariffon car. So you can still buy foreign cars, You're just going to pay more and you get American cars at a much better price, and so that's what he's planning on. I think it's a good idea. I think that you need to have a car industry. And in the old days, the politicians would think about that because there are patriots. But over time everybody just started doing deals. You know, these Chinese companies or industries would hire lobbyists in Washington, paid big money a former congressmen and senators, and then get whatever they wanted in Washington. And Trump's Trump's not a politician, so he's like, why are we doing these deals? And the media, you know, should be a plugging them. Instead they're trying to denigrate him and take him down.
Speaker 1: Of course, on Harvard, they sued the Trump administration a few days ago trying to get back the billions of dollars the taxpayer send to Harvard. I think it's some working schlip in a factory. I think it's someone selling through their car. I think about Americans, working, hard, working smart sending their tax dollars to Washington, and then Washington turns around and sends billions of dollars to Harvard that has a fifty three billion dollar endowment, which would like to savings account a couple of years ago, the US Supreme Court ruled that Harvard practices race discrimination, which is a terrible label to be put on someone. Harvard and their administration is extremely anti Semitic. Jews and Harvard are marginalized, treated like crap, can't get to classes, yelling and screaming. Same with Columbia. And so when I look at the Democratic Party Christopher Ruddy of Newsmacks decades ago in the South, they used discrimination against black folks. Couldn't go to school, couldn't go and lunch and nets, couldn't go in the restaurants, couldn't be an office, couldn't vote. The same Democratic Party half century later has now been found a vicious race discrimination against Asians and admissions by the United States Supreme Court, plus virulent, ugly anti semitism. Is that the way the mainstream media pictures this dispute between Harvard and Washington.
Speaker 4: Well, I would never think in the country I grew up, and the Jews would be in jeopardy of walking across the campus or wearing a Yamica. You could be harmed in the city of New York, in major cities Los Angeles. And it's now true. It's dangerous to be Jewish and you're threatened. And now institutions know that we know these bad things happen, right, But the idea that Columbia and Harvard are looking the other way at this anti Semitism, at threats of this is frightening. And I think it's the sign of you know, how woke the left has come and during the Bime years, you know, like we're seeing it with the deportations. These gang members are here and the Democrats are supporting the gang members who are closing their farm.
Speaker 1: I want to say with life beating human traffickers of MS thirteen that tattoos MS thirteen are the knuckles. That's the group the Democratic Party along with the race discriminators at Harvard, and they're laying down with those individuals. That's pretty sick.
Speaker 4: Well, you were talking about the media and how they lied in line, I came up with a new phrase. They lied and they died. You know, the media is the old media is dying, and they lied through their teeth. During the twenty election, ninety percent of the press reports about President Trump were negative. Eighty percent of the press reports on Harris were positive. That was in a study. These are people disconnected to America. They and I always to people like I think Newsmax. I'm probably the only CEO of a network that believes it's two genders, male and female. You going, no, you left, but you go into major now, ABC, CBS, are there two genders. I don't think they're gonna give you an answer if anything, uh, you know, and these are people untethered. I think there's a danger. You know. Sultanisan said this about the Soviet Union when the when the Soviets came in and untethered themselves to reality and the truth, then anything was possible, and we ended up with the Gulags. And that's what I'm fearful of hearing, like the left is so insane and the aocs and Bernie Sanders obviously seems a little saner than some of the others. I mean, And that's how and that's saying a lot, like, you know, we're really in walking and dangerous thing. In Newsmax, we've been rising. Our ratings are up fifty percent. We had thirty four million people tune into news Max last quarter. Reuter said we were one of the top twelve news brands in the United States, and we just started. We didn't have much. We just have the support of people like you and your listeners and our viewers. We don't have big corporations behind us. But it's the people are voting with their remote controls, their dials, their buttons, their downloads and say no more.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why you say media lied and media died. Exactly. I couldn't name the anchors except David Muir of the Nightly News, is anymore, Lester Holtz gone. CBS is in a major shake up, the layoffs happening, the Washington Post losing one hundred million dollars a year, et cetera. Lastly, about Iran, of course I hoped as an Iranian deal. Of course, I hope that the MoU laws that controlled Tehran and make miserable their own people come to reality and say, we can't have nuclear weapons and missiles to deliver them. Because given that opportunity, it is in their Quran, it's in their basic beliefs. They will kill Jews. The six million in Israel will be obliterated. And so, in a sense, I hope they come to reality and say, you know what, come into our facilities. Let Americans determine the European's determine where our centrifuges are we want. We're not going to do it ourselves who want the world to come in. We're done with this. We're not going to spend our money on arms and weapons to kill Jews and Christians all over the world, including American soldiers in Iraq and Syria. We're not going to do that anymore. We're going to change. If that happens, I'd be in a state of shock and disbelief. I think the game's going to be to buy some more time, to get more missile technology, to get it better, maybe bought from North Korea or by Russia, and to weaponize these missiles and obliterate Israel if necessary. Do you have any hope that these talks being conducted now will bear fruit, that Iran will see the light or must Iran be taken down militarily.
Speaker 4: I'm not very hopeful about Iran. I think it's a rogue nation. Look what it's been doing years. It got money, as President Trump said, it funded has blah the October seventh around singer Prince Roll over that murderous thing. It has ballad and then you have the hooties. Yeah, the Isis. You have all these groups that are always backed by the Iranians. I don't think you can really do a deal. You can't trust them. They've been working on this bomb for thirty years. They may even have some nuclear warheads by now, for all we know. I think it's a moment in time between President Trump and Benjamin Ntan Yahoo. Then we have an opportunity to take down the nuclear facilities. I think we should do it. I don't think we should delay it, and I think if we don't, you know, the audience have made clear Israel is not the main enemy. They have said repeatedly, the great Satan is the United States. I've always believed that they had a bomb and condetonated somewhere in the world, they would do it in the United States first, not in Israel. And I just think they've already proven there beyond redemption. And you have a mad dog, you put it down. I think we put it's time for putting it down.
Speaker 1: Not just Iran. It's Hezbla, Hamasa Hoodi's Boko Haram, El Qaeda, Taliban. They're all funded directly or indirectly. The head of the snake is Iran. Until Iran and I have empathy and sympathy for the Iranian people forced to live under their theocracy, which is a suicidal death cult that runs Iran right now and it can't continue. But once again, Christopher Ruddy, you're about the best there is. And I watch this website now on a daily basis, of course I've watched it for years. Congratulations on your launch and may you continue to have great success. And God bless you, and God bless America.
Speaker 4: Bill, thank you, and I tell everyone if you want to join us, you can now now that we'rem in New York Stock Exchange, go to newsmaxinvest dot com news max invest that can't find out all about our company, read all our docum mins there filings. It's an amazing story. We're growing like crazy and we'd love to have you be part of it.
Speaker 1: The truth will set us free. And Christopher Ruddy, thank you very much for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Christopher, you're a great American and keep preaching the truth of the president. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll only say the truth has set us for you, it's already done it something.
Speaker 1: The truth has not set some other news organizations down to bankruptcy. But that's not the case. All right, Christopher, thank you very much. I bless you, God, bless America. Thank you. All right, let's continue with more and if a line becomes available, you know the routine. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, Bill Cunningham seven hundred woltor ty seventeenth big.
Speaker 5: In the twenty twenty five NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Jamar Stewart defensive ends, Texas A and M.
Speaker 1: Hello, Piet and I'm broadcasting, no I Rocky. Let's break it down good or break it down? Break it down according to segment, it's a bad pick. You can't sack, anybody doesn't tackle, anybody doesn't block the run. Very well, you give me a full report. Well, as me and.
Speaker 6: Last described last night, the theme of this draft for the Bengals is and it comes up over and over again. The Bengals have a lot of needs, especially on defense, and only six picks. So the luxury of a of a project player, a guy you got to develop and wait on, seems to be it should be on the back burner. We need a guy that can play right now. It's proven can play right now, and I love Shamar Stewart. I mean, the skills and the traits are absolutely off the chart. The question is the production. You know, you had one and a half sacks last year. The one full sack came against Bowling Green. So I mean, I think it's right the question. You can like the kid and like the player, and by all accounts I heard all the interviews he's I mean, look, I covered him last year.
Speaker 1: The coaches love him.
Speaker 6: I mean he is, He's built like a Greek god, he loves football, high character guy, high energy guy. It's just it's more I think of a question about the bengals continual ability to develop players. You know sedgriac obwayhe you know Miles Murphy, these top trait guys that were picked high in the draft. The Bengals weren't able to develop the way that you wanted. So that's why the question of the of the pick and Shamar Stewart.
Speaker 1: How about John Ross on paper looked pretty good, That's a That's another one.
Speaker 6: That's another one that for whatever reason, either he didn't develop or the team didn't develop him. You know, he bounced around the leaks. Maybe that was a more of a John Ross thing, but but some of these guys, it's just if you're the Eagles, right, You're the Eagles and you are absolutely loaded. I feel like you can you can take a flyer on a guy that's got tremendous rates, you know, because you got a you got a solid front all, you got a solid eleven on defense.
Speaker 1: The Bengals have many many holes.
Speaker 6: The one returning great player that other teams would probably want from this Bengals defense is Trey Henderson.
Speaker 1: That's probably about it.
Speaker 6: So you're you're counting on a bunch of new guys, and now one of your new guys is someone who's a developmental guy, a high super high ceiling guy, not necessarily a high floor guy.
Speaker 1: Now about in a second round to Night Rock?
Speaker 6: But could it be as a Rock a Roku Donovan as a Roku? I mean he's a defensive end. But I feel like now, especially with what the other teams in THENFC North did I mean what the the Steelers took, uh, the de Harmon kid, the defensive tackle. The Browns took Mason Graham, maybe the best defensive tackle. We need to help a guard. We got to block some of these interior defensive linemen. So I feel like that's that's the possibility to take Riviledge as a guy from a from Ohio state, Mike, he's a defensive end.
Speaker 1: Those seg do we need another.
Speaker 4: One of those?
Speaker 1: What about Will Johnson?
Speaker 6: Will Johnson is some people had him as a a locked first round talent. He's there, Certainly he's a guy that could play tomorrow.
Speaker 1: What about Sanders to a nation's in a crisis because he didn't get picked? Can we just say something? Can we at least can can people that that you know, shoulder Sanders apologists?
Speaker 6: Can we at least admit that maybe some of his flamboyants is just a little much, and that maybe maybe he had a little bit to do with him dropping me. I mean, do you see his dressing room. He had legendary everywhere. He had this the biggest most obnoxious gold chain or diamond chain. And I've seen a lot of obnoxious diamond chains in my life in the NFL locker rooms.
Speaker 1: What are we doing? He had every hat and like that, that cabinet, Like, I guess he's gonna turn around and pick the one he got picked, you know, I mean, and then all the dollar signs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can admit, can they surs Sanders apologies at least admit that maybe had some little thing of You know, you got to understand what an NFL GM and coach in front office wants. They want people that absolutely do nothing but eat, sleep, and breathe football in our in our in our humble and I assume he eats, he likes football. I know that part is there, but just the extra stuff. It's like that, don't you look at Cam wore He wore a normal first pick while the Titans wore a normal suit. Very humble guy said, yes, sir, no this or all that. I think that's what you want out of your quarterback. Now, your wide receivers, you want them bouncing off the walls with fifteen different color suits on. That's fine, But your quarterback, you want a guy that's kind of buttoned up, all right, And I just think that's a red flag to some teams for him.
Speaker 1: So who takes Shuar Sanders and Dion and bring this show to town? The circus comes to town if you take him? Who takes I.
Speaker 6: Mean the Cleveland Browns could take him, but I think they'll probably wait till next year.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 6: It's a loaded absolutely loaded draft. By the way, the trade that they made was potentially franchise defining picking up a couple extra picks in the first round. You know, I think that and still getting Mason Graham the best defensive tackling draft, that's.
Speaker 1: That's not good for Banks. There's still Browns though, still are and the Giants had a great draft too. But look, I mean again, I I Jamar Stewart. I love the kid.
Speaker 6: He's he's a fantastic a guy that any coach would want on their team and want and and enjoy coaching.
Speaker 1: It's just can can he.
Speaker 6: The production needs to be there, And a lot of people say, oh, well he was so close, he was so close.
Speaker 1: Well, that's like.
Speaker 6: Saying Ellie Daylor Crewe, boy, he hit that ball on the track, But if you just hit that ball millimeter a little.
Speaker 1: Bit higher, that ball would have won.
Speaker 6: Well, yes, you know, you could say that all day long, but at some point it comes down to getting the sack, catching the ball, throwing the touchdown pass. You got to have the production, and that's that's the question mark with him. Hopefully everybody's wrong about the guy comes in day one and is just amazing.
Speaker 1: Sag your reaction, give us some sports and make it fast.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Heave the student reporters approch service. Every local Tame Star heating and air conditioning dealers tame star quality you could feel in Cincinnati called Schmid Heating and Cooling five one three five three one sixty nine hundred sports and thank you. The Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. The best Burdens selection anywhere or SamArt Shamar Stewart is in town. He meets the media in about ten minutes in the Bengals pay Course Stadium. Let's check it out rounds two and three read tonight set for the NFL Draft. Coverage begins at six on ESPN fifteen thirty. They picked tonight starting at seven, and then as you know, rock rounds four through seven tomorrow starting at noon. And that's when the picks ramp it up a little bit.
Speaker 6: More and that can make or break a great draft. Look at the again, I keep ringing up for the Eagles, but damn what, they won the Super Bowl. They got a lot of picks that turn out to be starters later in the draft. They cultivated those guys. They selected them very very carefully, and then they stockpiled their team through the draft, and then when they had to boom, they go out and get Saquon Barkley and AJ Brown in the premier guys of the holes they needed, and you win the whole thing.
Speaker 1: The NFL. That's how you do it. That's how you do it. Segment NFL twenty twenty five schedule release dat is out rock We'll find out Wednesday, made the fourteenth, at eight o'clock, whether what the fangal schedule is and if they're gonna go international. There's that number again, forty team. That's the rumor they're going to international Espana, Spain.
Speaker 6: I don't know are they going to be sight seeing or the is the front office is gonna be sight seeing in uh in Madrid, Spain or in.
Speaker 1: I don't thinkco City. He doesn't leave in Hill very often. Read what's Alisha said? What do you ask to ask her? I don't know. You know where you see her every morning? Something going on between you two know? There isn't believe me. The Reds and Rockies open a three game We that's all I need Denver tonight three game series. Uh, Sports Talk six O five and that man Lance and then the Arno carriers inside pitch at seven forty and then well there's no extra innings because the game starts at eight forty. It will be too late, Rocky. How close you to Shannon Sharp, good friend of yours? Hello, he lost?
Speaker 6: There's something to be said about as an older man.
Speaker 1: Did you go to say watch it now? Did he go to say?
Speaker 6: I can guarantee he did not. As much as you would love that. By the way, if that was the case, you would you would just I'd just bounce off the wall.
Speaker 1: I'd send you the story. Let's see the Rockies. Let's see the Rockies are terrible. They've got swept at a doubleheader yesterday. They are four and twenty on the season. Got a text here from a friend of mine. Uh to heck with the draft. Let's talk about the lease, the Bengals lease. Not talked about that enough? Frock. I guess Alsia Reese in a meeting yesterday or today criticized it. Huh, I guess Alisha Reese Channel other two, Channel nine where nine stands for news. Alicia, I love the night life. Got a boogie. She says the other two commissioners are on the wrong page, Denise and Stephanie Dumas. We got a sism a split on the commission A split can't which is worse than Ukraine and Russia? FC Cincinnati Home tomorrow A Kid's Day Sporting Kansas City and Town a TQL Stadium action at two on ESPN fifteen thirty. Shannon Sharp, I guarantee you had some connection to Santax High School, guarantee him. He doesn't. I think you sure? Yes, you're sure about that. Yeah, I'm sure about it. I'll see about it. Thank you. Say if anybody knows the rock? Would he say about? Where do you grow up?
Speaker 6: Chicago? Is there a sant extent Chicago? I'm sure that that's probably where. He wanted to look that up.
Speaker 1: Check it out. He's got problem. He went he went to Glenville High School in Georgia. Excuse me, you know the last guy and that next guy to have difficulty is going to be Kanye West. He's got that one. What's your name, yeah, Eva or something Younkson. Sorry, that's or she looks like in a hospital. I know that. What you say, how do you know her name? By the way.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's my job to know these things. Look information. I'm just saying, that's the next guy to say there's a problem. Hen what about that guy? That Epstein guy? How come the list?
Speaker 4: The list?
Speaker 1: Where's the where's the list? Where's the list?
Speaker 3: Rock?
Speaker 6: Who's got the list? Sent Sharps and Sharp has the list?
Speaker 1: Bet your Biden stole it? And Kanye West has the list? And P Diddy's got about r Kelly? Get them all, Get them all, all of them, all of them, Sanax grants every one of them, including R Kelly. Alights Rock. What's on the Big show today besides R Kelly and Kanye and P Diddy? Kirk Kelly, you know he's heard of him in ten years. He went to He's in the Joy He did, he did, Yes, he did. You went to see what is the question? What is the question?
Speaker 4: The question? Question? I have no idea?
Speaker 1: Thanks Rock.
Speaker 6: We have Richard Skinner, Richard Skinner right out of gate, John Matter, he's at three Diddy, ask him about Kanye West segment.
Speaker 1: Get me out of the students report? Will he everybody have a great weekend? Go Reds, go FC Cincinnati and Bengals. Pick Well and wisely. Yes, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report. Next week's highway patrol story is a very unusual one.
Speaker 4: I hope you'll be with us until then.
Speaker 1: Remember it isn't the car that kills, it's the driver. This is Brederck Crawford saying shoe you next week on seven hundred WLW