Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 2: Advice.
Speaker 3: You don't help.
Speaker 2: As can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come.
Speaker 2: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: Tom Martinez welcome, Welcome my friends to the only show of its kind. It's Friday, It's car day here, It's a troubleshooter show. Pretty much as always.
Speaker 2: Kevin Cokin shared an auto tech Kevin Welcome, Welcome my friend to the show. Jeff Van kimmera transmission. How are you guys doing.
Speaker 7: I'll survive him day by day. I mean we were talking earlier. It's been interesting since the beginning of the year, the workloads have really slowed down.
Speaker 2: What do you do You think it's got to do it to tariffs?
Speaker 6: Do you think it has to do with the overall economy or do you think it's more of automotive in general or everything?
Speaker 1: I think everything. I mean, it's it's it is definitely city wide. Everybody I talked to around town is slowing slowing down.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of people in other aspects or other businesses are saying that. Home service companies have told me the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's just and it could be weather too. You know, we do tend to slow down a little bit in the spring. We don't have the severe cold or hot or anything.
Speaker 2: You don't have people bitching about their air conditioner exactly.
Speaker 1: We'll get bombarded with that probably in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the people wait man, but the human nature is the weight.
Speaker 1: Just in case I don't need my air conditioning, I don't want to fix it.
Speaker 6: We had a HVAC company in Colorado Springs, great people, Smith Plumbing, Heating, cooling, and electric. They're great people. And he did a thing one time that was crazy. It was to get new customers and tie them to them. I mean, that's what every business wants to do. You spend that initial money to get the customer, you want to keep them forever. So he was giving for one hundred, you would get a thousand dollars gift certificate to use. So to give you an idea at the time, this few years ago, he sold water heaters for like two grand at the time, so you'd get a water heater for one thousand and fifty dollars. So, I mean, that's cheapest hell for a new water heater installed, or if you wanted a new commode installed, a new toilet like a regular toilet in a bathroom. Basically it would it cost you about fifty bucks, okay, but you had to wait like a month to use it. There was some kind of term like that. But it was about the best deal I ever heard of.
Speaker 2: You could only buy one, and you could apply it towards anything, a new air conditioner, water heater, whatever.
Speaker 6: The bottom line was. Though we advertised this form and he sold a couple of them. But people just don't think ahead. They're not thinking of their water heater going out. They're not thinking of replacing a toilet, so unless if they needed at that very second, no one even goes there. Although it was the best deal in the world world like a thousand bucks off of furnace, a thousand bucks off of.
Speaker 1: I won it even if I didn't need a water heater, just to update it or get a new one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good idea too. I was ten years old.
Speaker 1: It's gonna go, you know it is.
Speaker 2: Humans just don't think there, and I don't know why. I guess I'm trying to think of certain things.
Speaker 6: I've never gone out and checked my roof and said, hey, I want to make sure my roof's okay. See if I need a new roof. Same with my furnace, I've never I mean I constantly maintain it. I change the air filter in mind usually once a month. I check on our steamer or humidifier, and.
Speaker 2: I do stuff like that. But I never I never think, oh, I'm gonna go ahead and buy something now to apply to the furnace later, because I might not need a furnace.
Speaker 1: Verteke, Well, that keeps coming on. It's out of mind.
Speaker 6: What's the biggest thing people? By the way, I'm sorry three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five. You've been ripped off. You've been taking advantage of. You got a bad landlord, you got a bad plumber, you got to bad everything. And we do have some updates coming a little later on the show that are extremely interesting. But here's the deal. Three oh three seven to one, three eight, two five five, three oh three Martino. We do have open lines for the first time this week, literally, three oh three Martino. It's a great time to get by, especially car day. What do people neglect guys on cars? I know, transmissions are easy to forget about, Jeff. If you buy a Hondai, I mean pretty much they tell you don't ever do anything to the transfer.
Speaker 7: And the manufacturers have been telling people for you know, a couple of decades now that these things are lifetime fluids and you don't have to service them. And you know that's the fact, the best way to make sure you're going to have a failure.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they don't care after one hundred thousand miles. I'm just talking about holiday care.
Speaker 7: But you know, I have a Honday. You know what, other manufacturers typical three years thirty six. So after thirty six thousand miles you're on your own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're on your own.
Speaker 6: So if you get can you honestly say, if you do, how much is I don't know what's a normal vehicle here, We're going to go to this call in a second. A two thousand Toyota, a twenty ten Toyota four runner.
Speaker 2: Let's just say a transmission serve on that automatic transmission, there's three ninety five, so four.
Speaker 6: Hundred bucks, and what would you say that literally would extend the life of that transmission.
Speaker 2: It's almost did one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's almost impossible to say how much is going to extend it. What you're doing is maximizing the longevity of it. Okay, so the fluids will break down over time and use here and you're going to have to have particular that naturally builds up, so you want to change filters. So, but what you're doing is if you go in every three years of thirty six thousand miles, get this stuff changed out, it keeps those additives boost it up, so it increases your lubrication, the oxidation inhibitors, all the other the additives that are inside, they're alive, so that you're maximizing the life of that.
Speaker 2: Why don't they use and this might sound ignorant, but if a transmission service is typically called for, let's just take that again. In twenty ten, when that Forerunner was sold, what how long till the first transmission service is called for?
Speaker 7: And the owners owner's manual probably called for about seventy five to eighty thousand.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, why when's the first oil change?
Speaker 1: Well they're saying that too, that's as they're going ten and twelve thousand, now, well not.
Speaker 2: In twenty ten, yeah they are, okay, so ten thousand, yeah, ten.
Speaker 6: So but here's the question, why don't they use that same kind of fluid in the engine that they do in the transmission In other words, if one they're saying is good for seventy five thousand miles and the others only good for ten, my god, why aren't they doing something different on the oil.
Speaker 7: You've got a whole lot different going on in an engine compared to a transmission. If you're going to get some blow by, you're gonna get some gas that's going to build up inside the oil itself, it's going to deteriorate much much faster.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 2: It's just peried a different system, different kind of it's.
Speaker 1: Thein to createtation. You know, you start doing ten and twelve thousand mile oil changes in fifty sixty thousand miles, your engine is full of sludge.
Speaker 2: But we can all agree as far as just traditional oil compared to fully synthetic now it's night and day. As far as breaking down, oh yeah, I mean oil.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: One of the biggest things too, you know, especially for people who do their own oil change, is this, don't scrimp on that oil filter. Yes, the cheap oil filters are exactly that bare.
Speaker 6: Unless you're bro I would say, if you're doing them every three thousand miles like the old days, maybe it wasn't that big of a deal.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a different Micron system. Though you want to get everything out, you don't want to get some of them on your guys.
Speaker 6: Let's just talk cost real quick. Since she brought it up like a cheap NAPA filter their cheapest line compared to their best one. I mean, is it a five dollars difference in cost?
Speaker 2: Ten dollars five to six on our end, probably ten to twelve on the customer end. Okay, so I mean it's significant.
Speaker 1: It does add to it. But I mean I could buy filters for a buck.
Speaker 9: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Do you upsil on that?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: I won't do a synthetic old change with a cheap filter.
Speaker 2: You just simply won't do it. It's just not worth it. No, no, y, Why buy the best oil and the cheapest filter.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: What what is the difference between synthetic oil and non synthetic oil.
Speaker 2: Synthetic has nothing to do withocil fuels. It's literally synthetic.
Speaker 1: Is processed with petroleum.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I knew there was like a semisynthetic.
Speaker 1: The synthetic oil is actually petroleum product, isnt know? Do they call it synthetic because it's synthesized to make the standards that they have. Wow, it's a process they use it. It's not man made.
Speaker 2: No, it is patron It was man made. It has to be.
Speaker 10: That was my point. It has to be from petroleum somehow because it is patrol.
Speaker 11: Why.
Speaker 6: I mean we have things stacked like vegetable oil. I mean, I'm just throwing that out there. I mean, vegetable oil is an oil. It could be vextibles that.
Speaker 5: I know that.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought. Synthetic oil came from something. The name is stupid. I'm sorry, the name is stupid.
Speaker 6: I really I sold a crapload of that stuff too, and I never even realized it was still patrol. Is it like ninety percent petroleum based that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's the additive package and the process they put it through to get it to do you know, it's it's it's just synthesis.
Speaker 6: Well, the attitude right before I exited in about two thy fourteen fifteen, my good years fourteen, oil was really getting complicated.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: It was getting to the point, depending on the car coming in, you had to have a different additive package or you could avoid the warranty on certain vehicles like bmwuser.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's all kinds of ratings on oils you have to catch off, and that's right.
Speaker 2: In some of the oils you might cover most of the ratings.
Speaker 1: Dexos is one rating for that Chevy mostly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a big one, and a lot of the oil you could buy back in thirteen or fourteen, the bulk stuff might have not been that SOOS approved, correct, I mean it got it was starting to get complicated. Hey JR. What's going on with this four runner?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Talking about the oil change.
Speaker 3: I changed the fluid every three thousand on that transmission of Colon what and I have two hundred and eight thousand miles on it now?
Speaker 6: Man, there are so many toyotas out there with like two hundred to five hundred thousand, it's remarkable.
Speaker 1: They're very durable in it.
Speaker 2: Okay, what can I expect out of durability? And when do it? And so basically you're saying, you change, you change your transmission fluid since you've had it every thirty thousand miles, which should you expect me thirty thousand? Yeah, every third drop the pan sometimes and there's no problem with the screen in there. It's running great at this time. Yeah, okay, just.
Speaker 7: Short of a catastrophic failure. I mean it's two hundred thousand. I mean, obviously anything can happen, but it's not uncommon for us to see you know, three, sometimes even four hundred thousand miles on some of the toyotas. That being said, you know, if I have one crawl in the shop and you just got one hundred and thirty five thousand, you know that's not surprising either. The car counted for you don't like the four runners and the Comas and the tundrads. We see far less of those than we probably do most of the other brands.
Speaker 6: You know what's interesting, and I think driving habits have a lot to do with it. If you took that exact same truck thirty thousand zero two owners, one eyes hit, the other bysh they both do the service through you every thirty thousand miles, but one is heavy, heavy on the heavy on the hammer. One drives it tough off the start, breaks hard. That that's a huge part of it too.
Speaker 1: It's a huge part of it.
Speaker 7: You know, if you live in a mountain community you're doing a lot of hill driving, or if you're out on the farm, yeah, or bouncing around, bouncing around, or you give it to your sixteen year old kid.
Speaker 1: That's about the fastest wave.
Speaker 2: Blak Jr. Just keep taking care of it. Whatever the hell you're doing is doing great. I so that's heavy duty. I guess right, well, you can only you could get keyed in the city. You can get mugged, your car can get stolen.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, but you're obviously city driving though to his running.
Speaker 2: Away from gangs from Venezuela. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 7: The city drive there's a lot more shift busy because you're you know, you're constantly coming up to stop blights, and it's and so on and so forth.
Speaker 1: So it's going to have to work.
Speaker 2: Get carpared the highway where it's in whatever you're cruising forever, right, Yeah, that's sounds like a gray.
Speaker 9: Vehicle point for those transmissions.
Speaker 2: It's a Hasten, right, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: A a seven fifty f is what you've got inside. There must be.
Speaker 9: With them.
Speaker 7: We see more foul body complaints on them than anything else. It's on the way problems.
Speaker 1: Is it lack of service or driving It's just going to be a failure.
Speaker 13: I mean it's some point. Yeah, is at some point. Most of the time what we see on them is usually fouled bodies costs. Let's say his goes out tomorrow. What's a rebuild run now?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Low end on it's probably somewhere around the thirty one thirty not bad. No, in your top end. Probably you probably kissed six if you.
Speaker 2: That's a great deal.
Speaker 12: As I said about a new car.
Speaker 2: Oh, hell yeah, it's a great deal. Hey Jr. We appreciate it. Man. You can free that up. Kelly three oh three.
Speaker 6: Seven one three eight two five five. We're gonna have one line open in a second. Helping troubleshooter dot com. We have got RAN's got a question on oil changes. Kevin's got a question on oil? My god, is it card day? Here on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 14: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five one line open. You've been ripped off or taken advantage of? We want to hear from you, hey real quick, and I'll get back to the phones. What do you guys think about these cameras downtown Denver. They're not renewing the contract, but yet they've been used to catch one hundred two hundred car thieves and all kinds of scandrons.
Speaker 1: Isn't it just nonsense?
Speaker 7: And the only reason they want to pull them down is because our afraid Ice is going to actually be to get into him and identify illegals in the area.
Speaker 2: That's insane. I just think Denver keeps stepping on their own toes all the time. There was something else they were talking about. It was pretty gnarly too. I'll remember it at some point, I just believe it or not.
Speaker 6: I like listening to Kyle Clark now. I like listening to him because I sit on the opposite side and I really do want to, you know, I just don't want to be tunnel visioned. My parents are tunnel visioned. They only see one direction, and I just refuse to end up that way. And it is interesting listening to him. He's definitely he's almost tunnel vision But I like you because he's local. I like him even though he drives me insane. Susannah's say, God, you're yelling at Kyle again through the TV. I still think he's entertaining. I think his show's all right.
Speaker 1: How does he give a commentary as he's giving news? Every single thing he says, he has to add to it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's got to add to it. No, but his show, really, I look at it as commentary. I don't look at it as.
Speaker 2: A new show. Except for the weather, that's it.
Speaker 6: But I can honestly say, Kyle, if you're listening, I listened to you, and I've sent you feedback. He's never taken my feedback, like what are you a moron? He's yet to read that on there. But he does take some feedback that's critical. There's no doubt he does it to the end. Okay, Rand, what's going on?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 5: My question is I purchased about a week ago a two thousand and thirteen Camaro Supersport with forty five hundred miles on it?
Speaker 2: My god, where'd you get that?
Speaker 5: I'll find the mind bought it?
Speaker 2: It bought it? And what parked it and died or what happened?
Speaker 5: He's hidden like is he never children? My?
Speaker 2: Oh god, it's a convertible too.
Speaker 6: That's got to be beautiful. How did you get it for a song and a dance or was it really expensive or what?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 11: I got it well below book price, nice wholesale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what's your question?
Speaker 5: The question is I'm pretty sure it has all the original fluids from the factory in it, YI transmission fluid oil.
Speaker 11: And you know, even though it.
Speaker 5: Doesn't have that many miles on it, should I be concerned about the fluids?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 5: Just based on the age of the car.
Speaker 6: Well even just guys, and I want you both to jump in on that. I would think you've got to do everything simply because even the owners man, you will say like, and I'm going old school on you, but three months, three thousand miles.
Speaker 1: Sure, well you get humidity and things built up from parking it as well, so you start getting contamination and the fluids and everything. So yeah, you need to zero that out. We call it where you just go in and change it all and definitely don't park it like that again. You need to drive it. Definitely get some I drive it. Yeah. You need to zero those fluids, get them all changed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then inspect all your rubber components, your hoses, and your belts and one knock those things.
Speaker 1: Dry out and crack, especially in Colorado, especially in Colorado.
Speaker 7: So, I mean, the last thing you want is this beautiful forty five hundred mile car and you know, blow a radiator host.
Speaker 2: How about how about some of the internal stuff though, some of the internal seals and stuff. You really can't check those. You just got to wait for an oil.
Speaker 1: Wait for a failure. If the internal seals are gonna fail.
Speaker 2: How about a thicker weight oil at this point, none of that kind of stuff. Oh all right, man? Any other questions, Well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so transmission fluid oil, maybe the radiator of fluids? Anything else?
Speaker 1: Break fluid? Break fluid is a big one for absorbing fluids. Do the rere deaf as well?
Speaker 2: What do you think like a service? So on that vehicle, this twenty thirteen Camaro, if he did the oil change, if he did the transmission service, if he did the diff What else would you do? Cooling system? Probably definitely cooling system. How about brake flush or not needed?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Break flush? What do you think he's looking at? Ballpark?
Speaker 1: Guys? He's probably eight nine bucks.
Speaker 2: That's not bad for all the fluids. All right, all right man, anything.
Speaker 11: Else, No, that'll take care of Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Appreciated, brother. Three O three seven one three a two five five.
Speaker 6: We're gonna take a quick break, Kevin, your next then, Patrick, Two lines open right here on the trebleshooter show.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for.
Speaker 14: An insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three O three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: Three oh three, Martine, we have one line open by the way, this hour brought to you and brought to everybody by you. Ready for this?
Speaker 6: I love this guy, Frank Durand the real estate man. Frank made us so much money on a Red Hawk house in Castle Rock. Our same model was selling all over the neighborhood. This is back in twenty fifteen, and he got us about forty thousand dollars more than the exact same model anywhere else in that neighborhood. Andy listed it lower to begin with. That's part of his secret sauce. This guy sells more homes. Frank Durant sells more homes in one month than most realtors in Colorado selling over a year, and he sells them for more money.
Speaker 2: And if you're looking for a house, oh my goodness.
Speaker 6: This guy can negotiate to the best possible price on that house that you fall in love with.
Speaker 2: You're not going to find a better realtor. I don't care what any of the other commercials say.
Speaker 6: If you use Frank once, you will never use another realtor ever again. Frank duran Homes dot com, Frank Durand Holmes dot com. Now, who did we leave off with the Camaro? Did we leave off with Ja.
Speaker 2: I thought we finished up.
Speaker 10: With Jay ready for a new one, We're done with the old.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, guess somebody has a comment on that Camaro we were talking about.
Speaker 2: It's a comment, yes, Oh, he's got a comment on it. What's your comment on that Camaro? Jay? The guy bought it.
Speaker 6: It's a twenty thirteen, it's only got forty five hundred miles on it. He wanted to know if he should replace all the fluids and the answer is absolutely yes.
Speaker 2: And by the way, who brought it up? Deputy bow Doc? Someone brought up tires.
Speaker 1: Tires. Somebody on YouTube mentioned it on their on.
Speaker 2: YouTube, so tires as well. If that guy still listen. But what's your comment, Jay?
Speaker 16: Yeah, boy, tires is a good one. On the first couple oil changes on that, I would go with the high mileage even though it's a super low miles car because the high mileage oil has added its It helps soften rubber. So those seals are shitting there for with no oil no, so it.
Speaker 2: Kind of puffs them back, but kind of regenerates.
Speaker 7: It's a conditioner. Yeah, it's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Not a bad idea. Thanks Jay. Yep. Three oh three seven, one, three, eight, two, five five. We do have two lines open. You can clear that one up Kelly onlone three and then the next one's going to be Patrick. What's going on man?
Speaker 6: Nineteen ninety two Mercury Topaz. I got to google that because I have no clue what the hell that is.
Speaker 2: It's pretty much a four tempo, but the Mercury version, my god, and it's still on the road. Yeah.
Speaker 12: So I actually bought it from somebody and it has it.
Speaker 2: I bought it with Uh oh, dude, that is ugly. That is an ugly ass car. You bought an ugly ass car. But what question do you have?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 12: I bought it for my girlfriend, just for the winner, because.
Speaker 2: That's not going to get around. No, that's not going to get it?
Speaker 14: Is it?
Speaker 2: Front wheel drive?
Speaker 10: Guys?
Speaker 2: Wow? So if I brought that home to Susanne, I don't think i'd have a wife.
Speaker 12: I just got out of the army. I'm broke, still, okay, got it for fifteen hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Now it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's mint.
Speaker 12: It's like look brand new inside and everything.
Speaker 2: No, I feel bad. I'm beaten this in the original I'm beating this guy. How old are you man, I'm twenty three.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, that's a whole different thing. When Susanna and I were twenty three, We're driving around in a nineteen seventy nine Granada, So who the hell am I to talk? And thank you, by the way for your service, But what is your question on this?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 12: So I'm pretty sure it's a myth that I've been told by a couple older people. So I'm about to do the transmission service. I'm about to change the filter and all that, the three speed transmission. They said, don't change all of the fluid, But I'm like, why not. They're like, oh, it'll with the old with it being in there for so long since nineteen ninety two and all that, it'll strip it down and all that. So just change the filter and whatever fluid you lose with it.
Speaker 2: Like why we get this question all the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it is an old lives tale. I mean, if if you wanted to do a conventional service, like you're talking about, drop the pan, change the filter and you know you're you're doing just fine. But if you truly want to flush it then and the easiest way to do that is did your service first? Fill it up, then disconnect the return cooler line to the transmission, run it off into a bucket, have somebody fire it up, and then just keep the transmission full until you're satisfied with the color of the fluid coming.
Speaker 12: Out perfect, thank you?
Speaker 2: Or bring it to Jeff My only question. Yeah, Hey, Jeff worked on.
Speaker 12: A nineteen ninety two Ford Ranger that I had change the question at once.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, do you remember that, Jeff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that dude, there was that ninety two Ranger we had in the chef that was the one, was the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great. Hey, what did you what? What service were you? And Patrick.
Speaker 1: Army?
Speaker 2: How long did you do? Four years or what?
Speaker 1: Six?
Speaker 2: Six years? What was your what did you leave as?
Speaker 1: What rank E five started?
Speaker 2: You get a GI bill with that? I mean, how does that work?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So that's cool.
Speaker 12: I got approved for three years full college and everything.
Speaker 2: And what are you going to tell? Are you going to do it?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 12: I was thinking about pilot.
Speaker 2: School, but that's probably I'll tell you right now. Man. First of all, this is just my opinion. You know, college is like not like he used to be.
Speaker 6: You can make well way more money doing other things and we need pilots big time. Then what you could always do is save that benefit and your kids could use it. If your kids want to go to college, I know you can pretty much gift it to certain people. So don't be pressured into using that by any means. You know HVAC Automotive, Hey, what's what's like a top of their A top line tech make well over a hund and fifty if they're crushing it.
Speaker 1: If you got a solid a tech, that's I mean a real a tech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a real one that knows how to fix off.
Speaker 1: He can he can write his own tex he can.
Speaker 2: Write his own check man. So I mean yeah, the service home services.
Speaker 6: There's people out there that not only can install a furnace, but they know how to sell and they know how to repair, and they're just at the top of the game. Over two hundred thousand a year man with companies I literally know, and most of them will train you to get there at.
Speaker 2: Their own time. So I love it.
Speaker 12: I actually do h VAC currently, I work with for.
Speaker 2: My father, So oh well, very cool. You just don't like it or what it's hit or miss.
Speaker 12: It's got us good days and bad days, and I don't mind it, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell your dad. Tell your dad.
Speaker 6: Mark said, plumb Line and fix It have have text making over two hundred thousand a year, So tell your dad that.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 17: I'd like to mention that the United Airlines is as actually paying people to go to flight school and getting their first commercial license down.
Speaker 2: In Texas both. That's unbelievable.
Speaker 17: My brother in law is a pilot for United, and they're desperate for pilots and they're paying.
Speaker 2: They're paying to get their flight hours.
Speaker 6: So my neighbor that just moved in in Franktown, Patrick, he works for United as well. He's a younger guy. He's probably around Fight the guess. He's probably like thirty five, but great guy and absolutely loves his job with United. I've got another good friend that used to be a deputy here on the show. He flew around Pat Bolan's family up until Pat passed away and they sold the plane. He didn't fly around the Broncos. He flew around their personal jet. Like when they went to Hawaii, he'd fly out there, then he would fly off to wherever those guys would charter out the jet until the Bolans wanted to go back home.
Speaker 2: And then we have another current friend that works for United.
Speaker 6: All these pilots seem to make great money, and on top of that, they seem very happy with what they do. My neighbor told me he works basically I want to say, four on, three off, so I mean he always has three days strung together, good benefits.
Speaker 2: But anyhow, I like, I like where you're going with that. I want to say to you, Patrick, I hope you and your.
Speaker 6: Girlfriend have a great life, a successful life, and more importantly, a happy life. Thank you for the call. Three oh three seven one, three h two five five. I'm like, I feel very mellow today.
Speaker 1: Do I Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Or like?
Speaker 2: Really, guys am, I just mellow.
Speaker 10: You haven't gotten your early in the show?
Speaker 1: Mark will okay, but we good.
Speaker 2: Kevin, You're up next. Hold on.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 14: When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two right three.
Speaker 3: Oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: If you my friends have been ripped off for taking advantage of we want to hear from you. It's card day here on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: You know what we do.
Speaker 2: We dig in. We call businesses if we think they've done wrong. Actually we call businesses just to get their side of the story. What I have found over the years, the ones that come on are typically the ones that didn't do anything wrong, or they made a mistake and they simply want to fix it. I'm dealing with the guy right now driving me nuts. If he calls today, I already told Kelly put him right on the air. It's going to make for great radio. This guy texted me at ten forty five.
Speaker 6: He's got a problem with one of our referral list members and he's been texting me like in the middle of the night. It's like you would think I'd learn not to give out my cell phone because of the nuts out there.
Speaker 2: Then I talked to him yesterday after the show, literally two o'clock two fifteen, and the guy's.
Speaker 6: Hammered, absolutely hammered. Now I know why he's texting around midnight. And finally the referral list member text him today and says, look here, I'm going to read this verbatim. I want people to tell me what they think about this. So this guy was a little late on starting the job, but there's a lot more to it. In fact, there's so much more to it I'm not even going to get into it. But he was about a month late starting the job. And here's what he said. This guy wanted his money back altogether. So the referral list member says, this, tell me, honestly, guys, I want to get your analogy, Kevin. Let's pretend someone called in on sharedan auto tech and they're upset, yep and whatever. You have your side of the story, which is good. I heard that, and the callers guy his and I hear that, and it's good. You both have valid points. Now we need to get somewhere. So this guy says, he goes, mister so and so I'm not going to say it.
Speaker 2: We'll do the job.
Speaker 6: If you're not one hundred percent satisfied. In the end, we'll refund every dime. If we miss one scheduled date without proper notification, we'll quit and refund every dime. We will go live on the air and admit we're failures. If that happens, we just need to run the job. Basically, he wants to bring in his own plumber and his own I think electrician.
Speaker 2: I forget it's two different services like that. He wants his own guys.
Speaker 6: It's a full reconstruction of a house and he doesn't want to use somebody else because he's got to make sure there's no smoke.
Speaker 2: And it was a fire thing. The whole place caught on fire. It's a bad deal. It's a bad deal. I feel really bad for the guy. The caller, sure, but this guy steps up and literally says that you have to.
Speaker 1: Be able to control the job. That's your name going behind that.
Speaker 2: Well that's what that's what this person's telling me.
Speaker 6: And the caller keeps going, Well, they want to do this one test for like five thousand dollars, but I found this other guy that can do it for fifteen hundred. Well, I called the other guy because they're on a referral list too, and the other guy's like, first, we don't quote over the phone, so I have no idea why he thinks we would do anything like that, And even if so, that would be such a minimal starting point for that, But if we're walking into a full restoration area, it could be.
Speaker 2: A lot higher.
Speaker 6: Then I find out his caller the last two contractors he used ready for this, the last two he's in lawsuits with.
Speaker 2: Now at what point, maybe.
Speaker 1: I think you're at that point you gotta bail this guy's nothing, but he'll never be satisfied.
Speaker 2: Well, and I can't. The guy our referral is member, what do you think of that? Techso? I mean that is that stepping up to the play.
Speaker 1: Let's more than stepping up.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely insane. I mean, like I said, there is two sides to this story.
Speaker 1: But this guy's a gift that keeps giving them.
Speaker 6: I'm to that point where I have just like wow, three O three seven one three eight two five five three O three Martino, Kevin, what's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 9: Guys?
Speaker 8: You were talking about synthetic oils. I've got a nineteen eighty four TJ seven jeep and it only I only run it a couple hundred miles a year nowadays. It's mostly in the garage for like the last twenty years. But I think I've just been using regular oil TENW whatever in it. When I get the oil changed, is it okay safe to go ahead and move to a synthetic blend to to keep the keep the jeep running?
Speaker 2: I got a follow up question before you answer that if something calls for particular ten thirty or whatever that jeep would call for and synthetic, of course wasn't around at the time, would you still want to use what's in the manual? Go ahead?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but there are upgrades you can and synthetic is an upgrade in my opinion. You know, I would go straight synthetic and not even think about it.
Speaker 2: Is there any benefit to it though.
Speaker 1: Just better lubricating qualities, especially for vehicles going to be parked. You want the lubrication and other things when you start it cold.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm asking this Kevin, And then Kevin the caller, let me ask you how often do you oil changes on it? Every three thousand.
Speaker 8: More like every two years, which is gonna be less than three thousand miles for sure, So I guess.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying is the cost difference. Let's say he does it himself. When you go to Walmart and buy oil. I mean, the full synthetic costs quite a bit more than the cheap stuff two.
Speaker 1: Bucks a court more. So you about ten dollars more if you're doing it yourself. Okay, so it's not negligible, but for me, I would put the best in there because it requires a lot more on a cold start a car sitting. Yeah, that's exactly it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think, Kevin? Any other questions?
Speaker 8: I know that's a perfect answer though.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 8: I like the fact that, especially in the cold start aspect, because it sits in drains obviously for months. And then I go ahead and still so if I've got the lub to still in there, because the synthetic sounds like the much better approach.
Speaker 2: So that's what I we'll move on to.
Speaker 6: Thanks awesome man, appreciate it all right. Three oh three seven, one, three eight two five five. Listen, we got some lines open. I'd love to hear from you talk about a card day. We've had every car question in the world. In fact, I don't think we took one question that was outside of car realm and keep them coming. These guys are in studio to help you out. But if you do got a bad contractor out there, or a bad dentist or anybody else you want to expose on the air or ask questions, or if you want to talk to one of our attorneys or experts. You're talking about insurance, maybe it's a renewal. This is the show for you, my friends. Three zero three Martino, three oh three Martino. That number works on and off the air. Help at troubleshooter dot com. We've got a long ways to go today right here on the Troubleshooter Network.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Plea time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 14: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yea ripped off news. You don't have.
Speaker 3: Run anxious stas.
Speaker 2: As we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 18: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez My friends.
Speaker 2: To the only show of its kind anywhere that I've ever heard of ever.
Speaker 1: What do we do?
Speaker 6: We solve problems, answer questions, takes, We get directly involved in your life.
Speaker 2: Tommy boys started this.
Speaker 6: Listen to this over forty five years to ago I first teamed up with them. I guess occasionally I should say my name. Most people know it by now, but Mark Major I occasionally.
Speaker 2: Generally I never. I never say who I am. Do people either know me or not? And here's the reason.
Speaker 6: People go, why you guys have been in studio with me? I get called Actually I haven't been called Tom in a while, but for the last ten years I just get called Tom. So instead of correcting someone every five seconds, I just simply just whatever I answer to whoever whatever.
Speaker 2: But I met up with Tom.
Speaker 6: I first filled in with mister Martino at thirteenth in Lawrence, downtown, Denver, when a company named Jay cor actually owned six thirty k atch a w and I hey, Shannon, they owned eight fifty at the time too, correct.
Speaker 13: Yeah, because it was noble that just had ay. How oh, I didn't know that John Lynch's family. Okay, So here's basically how I met him. I had a computer store back then. I had computer stores, Mountain Peak Computers.
Speaker 6: I had a small internet company, and eventually I had three computer stores, one in Parker, one in Denver, one in Lyttleton. And they were kind of like radio shack sizes, and all we did was fixed computers, build computers. This is a mid nineties I started doing what we're doing right now. Car Friday was Computer Friday way back in the nineties on the Troubleshooter Show. So every Friday I was like, you guys, I would go in with Tom. I was sitting there. It's a great story. I was sitting there, Sister Laurie was answering the phones. Father John was sitting next to me. And it's a very small studio, nothing like this. There's basically this.
Speaker 2: Tom was on that side, me and five John round this side. Lurie was right back here. Very small studio, nothing like this.
Speaker 6: Tom looks at me. We've got about forty five minutes left in the show. I'd have already been in for Computer Fridays at least at least twenty times, so half a year whatever that is, so I'm used to what's going on. Plus I listened to him all the time. And I do want to say this. Back then, you couldn't advertise with Tom because he was on I think channel four seven whatever newscast would not allow him to advertise, so you would not hear him do commercials during the show. But I would comm in all the time with Mountain Peak Computers on Fridays, and we just had a great time. We really started getting to like each other a lot, and you know, the rest is history there. But first time I filled in, I'm sitting there Tom's air. He starts turning green. It was very evident something was not right with him. He turns around in projectile vomits into the trash can and it says, you're finishing the show. And that's the last I saw of them that day. So talk about baptism by fire. So I simply walked around to the other side. We had full lines and I just do what I do.
Speaker 1: Must be the answer.
Speaker 6: It must have been those damn an show bees on the piazza. Yes, it must have been, so that was the first time. I would guess that was nineteen ninety five or six. And then we did a lot of stuff together up through y two k It got to the point where Tom was actually syndicated right before nine to eleven. I'm kind of telling the story of the show because I never do it if you're new to the show. Here's how we survive forty five years. So somewhere in lou I promise I'll get to the engine, and I do want to say this. We do have a couple of lines open three zero three seven one three eight two five five, call right now. Any questions, complaints, advice you need three h three Martine with his car day soap. Around two thousand we were syndicated by I believe it was called Shannon. I'm gonna ask you to help me again. Is it west Word or west Wood? Do you rememb I think Westwood did our syndication.
Speaker 2: No, you don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure. So we were everywhere from California to New York City. In fact, I still have a map, or at least a picture of the map every city we were in.
Speaker 2: It was crazy. And then you go, well, what happened? Why?
Speaker 6: Why are you only on a handful of stations. Now, I'll tell you what happened. It's called nine to eleven, Rush Limbaugh. A lot of these people were born, and that's where it all came up. Everything went political one hundred percent right after nine to eleven, and we went back to basically local with a few other syndication channels.
Speaker 2: Then we separated ways. I'm not going to get into why. I'm not going to say why, but man, am I itching. You guys can see I'm mitching. I'm mitching. I'm mitching, but I'm not going to say why.
Speaker 6: For about ten years, and then ten years went by, So now we're around twenty fourteen. I happened to sell off. I told the computer stores way before that, but I bought Goodyear stores somewhere around I want to say two thousand and five or six. I had five Goodyear stores, and I sold my very last one right around twenty fourteen. I sold the building downtown Denver and the store it was in, and I sold the other ones, and I was done with the automotive industry. Guys, I know you're in it, and I know both of you live and breathe it and love it.
Speaker 2: I hated it.
Speaker 6: Technicians are prima donnas like I've never seen in my life. Customers can be insane. I'll just say it. They can be insane. And it was a very I just didn't like it. I didn't like smelling like tires, I didn't like smelling like oil.
Speaker 2: I just did not like the business.
Speaker 6: So I sold the last one, did very well on them, very well, and I didn't know what I was going to do. I started looking for franchises, you name it.
Speaker 2: I was looking at it. I could have owned five sports Clips by now, twenty sports Clips or dog topi Is. I looked at anything you could imagine. And then I get this call from someone I hadn't talked to in ten years, and it was Martino, and he said, hey, I've got some stuff going on. You're the guy man. I want you to come in and start filling in for me. I've been trying to use some of these attorneys and they suck. I mean, I'll just put it like it is.
Speaker 6: I mean, they know what they're doing, but they're just not bringing the bang they're bringing there. So I came back in and that was about twenty fifteen and here we are ten years later. So that's the story of the show. But Tom started at forty five years ago in Denver, Colorado. He did a fifteen minute segment with Who's the guy that got shot and killed by the Alan alan Berg? So alan Berg got shot and basically that shortly after that time started having his own show. But he would be on alan Berg's show.
Speaker 2: And that's it. Man.
Speaker 6: When it comes to long jevity, it's absolutely insane. I don't know of anybody else. In fact, Tom is the longest running show with the same host in the country. There's no one else longer, no one else.
Speaker 2: I may have screwed up, well you always screw up, Kelly. There's nothing shocking here.
Speaker 19: I know, I know, but I really did screw up. I did not order anchovies on the pizza. Thanks that is being delivered first of all, on.
Speaker 2: This diet drug. I'm on, when's the last time you guys see me pizza? It's in a while. But I just I can't even like fat though I would leave this room and you guys would be doing the show as there was an chovies. Hey lou, what's going on? Thank you for holding through the history of the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 11: Thank you taking my call mark?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Lou.
Speaker 11: I've got a nineteen ninety one Ford Escort eighteen thousand original miles on it.
Speaker 2: How is that possible?
Speaker 11: Lou?
Speaker 2: Lou Lou? How is that possible? What is that you're making me do? Math? Twenty five plus nine thirty five years? Eight? How many thousands of miles?
Speaker 11: Eighteen thousand?
Speaker 2: So you're talking eight seven, eight hundred miles a year?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: He bought it with eighteen thousand market No, he bought it with probably one hundred and eighty thousand, thinking it was eighteen I would assume on it.
Speaker 2: How do you know that was original miles, Lou?
Speaker 9: Because I know the owners.
Speaker 11: They bought it original Wow, and they gifted it to me when both the driver licenses were suspended.
Speaker 2: On their part. That's amazing, Lou. And how is it running?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 2: Is it running?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 11: Garun's good?
Speaker 10: When it's moving.
Speaker 2: I have a problem when I come to a top sign or what's it do?
Speaker 16: And vibrates?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 9: But if I put it in neutral, it drops the vibration.
Speaker 6: So it's vibrating under load. Hold on, let me take this break. These guys are gonna think about that. Is there any chance that's carb rated? Guys, there no way that's fuel injection?
Speaker 3: Right? All right, hold tight, everybody, We'll be right back.
Speaker 14: Three oh three Martino, Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 14: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino, you've been ripped off for taking advantage of We want to hear from you. We're gonna get right back to lou, but I do want to tell you this hour brought to you by fix It twenty four to seven. You know they got a deal right now. That is insane if you have not checked your some pump, especially in the last few years. It is time to check it. They're gonna come out. They're gonna tear it apart, they're gonna clean it, they're gonna make sure it's fully operational. They're gonna slap a no breakdown guarantee on it, and they're gonna do it all for forty nine bucks. Trust me, they're gonna be there for a couple hours. They're doing this to earn you as a customer. They do heating, cooling, drain cleaning, electric plumbing, they do all that stuff, but they need to introduce themselves. And what they're finding is a lot of people are having flooding issues right now because that some pump's not working and we're getting.
Speaker 2: A lot of rain.
Speaker 6: So, I mean, that's the bottom line. Get it checked out, get it clean, get it up to snuff. Forty nine bucks. Fixmhome dot com. That's fix my home dot com.
Speaker 2: Now. Lou called in believe it or not. He's got a nineteen ninety one Ford Escort with eighteen thousand miles on it.
Speaker 6: He says it runs fine up until he comes to a stop. Then it starts shaking, vibrating. But if he puts it in neutral then all of a sudden, the shaking and vibrating stops. It is not a carbureted vehicle. I thought, guys, when did carbs go away?
Speaker 2: Is that like eighties? Yeah, mid eighties so just gone yep, and they never went back to him. Now, was there ever a.
Speaker 6: Time, and I know I'm going off, but I get curious, was there ever a time where you could go buy like a Ford Taurus or something and you would have the option of fuel injection or a carb.
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: Not, carbs are just there's no reason to have a carburetor.
Speaker 1: Now with the emissions. They couldn't couldn't meet the emission demands with carburetors. Ah, got it?
Speaker 6: So is EPA more so, what do you guys think on lose issue with this Prestine escort?
Speaker 1: It could be a dozen things, you know, from a broken motor mount.
Speaker 2: How about just a clogged up fuel injector.
Speaker 1: It could be an injector of plug, I mean almost anything.
Speaker 6: How do you troubleshoot something like that? Guys, where do you even start? Is there even like ODB two on that or anything.
Speaker 1: That's pre OBD that's that's manufacturer Ford. Yeah, I mean you're just like, yeah, no, that's you really need to know what you're doing in the older ones because there is no help from the scanner.
Speaker 3: So it could be a spark plug, a spark plug, wire, could be a coil.
Speaker 6: It could be a fuel injector pressure. It could be crappy gas. It could be water in the gas tank.
Speaker 7: It could be some simple like you said, you know what, broken engine mound, So I mean, could be the engine's going to torque when you're sitting on a load like that, and if it's resting against the subframe or something, you're going to get a vibration out of there.
Speaker 2: So when you put something into neutral, well, and I'm talking something like a nineteen ninety one Ford Escort, when you put that into neutral, why does the what does that mean the load's taken off of it?
Speaker 7: I don't get that, okay, So when now it's actually trying to force itself down the road. So the engine's naturally going to rock inside the cradle, it's going to go one direction forward, it's going to go the other direction in reverse. So if you have a broken engine mountain, it's leaning back and it's rubbed up against the firewall or the subframe or just about anything solid, then you can create vibrations.
Speaker 2: Okay, how bad does it get Lou?
Speaker 11: Not super bad, but it only does it Like I said, I'm underload in part or not part.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what does it do in parking? Should act just like neutral?
Speaker 2: It's fine, it's.
Speaker 6: Fine, So you just got to get it somewhere to check out. I mean, honestly, Kevin, how long does it take to check out something like that? It can't be brain surgery.
Speaker 1: I mean if it comes down on motor man, it's obvious like that. Fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's right, there is that something. How do you guys work to you? Guys eyeball something like that for free?
Speaker 6: And then if it's not something real basically like a motor mount, then you're like, hey, we got to spend a shark bocks.
Speaker 1: We always start out just complimentary inspection. Yep.
Speaker 2: Nice. Why don't you just bring it down to Sheridan.
Speaker 1: That's a good thought.
Speaker 2: Where do you live, Lou.
Speaker 1: Springs?
Speaker 6: Oh well that's an awful long drive. But Jesse's down there, man, honest, accurate. Those guys are great. They got two locations in Colorado Springs.
Speaker 2: They'll eyeball it. Just like we're talking about for free man.
Speaker 6: As long as it's not something crazy, I bet they figure it out in a few minutes. It probably is like a motor mount or maybe what a spark plug wire do that? Guys are a bad spark plug?
Speaker 16: It can?
Speaker 1: It can, but you feel it under a cap.
Speaker 2: Who That's what I was going to say. Why would it be different underload or not?
Speaker 1: Yep, No, I think the consensus and it probably is a motormount either worn or broken.
Speaker 6: The fuel injector I could understand because as it's asking for more fuel, it might be spraying fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he can go.
Speaker 7: If it's going to be a while before he can get into Jesse, you can get a can of BG forty four k, run that with a full tank of fuel and see what doesn't clean up?
Speaker 6: Yeah, if it's a fuel injector and you dump some of that forty four K in there, Lou, how much is that stuff now?
Speaker 2: Thirty?
Speaker 1: Maybe under twenty four five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so it's basically sad price.
Speaker 3: You might try that.
Speaker 2: Don't go buy some of that like cheap STP gas additive for like ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Cents without a doubt. Stick with BG.
Speaker 6: Yeah, get the BG forty four K or product you got it, and then if that doesn't clear it up, get it down to Jesse or get it to Jesse first. Honest acc here at Colorado Springs.
Speaker 2: You can always find him.
Speaker 6: On a referral list at referral list dot com as well. Guys, how often do you see any vehicles in your shops, whether it's yours, camera, transmission or shared an auto tech that are made in the nineties.
Speaker 7: I mean a lot more than we'd like intellectuality, because the parts are gotten harder to find.
Speaker 2: Parts are possible to find the transmission world, What is the nightmare that you'll work on? I realize there's some cars you're not gonna.
Speaker 7: We've actually started turning away a lot of the classics and the antiques simply because of the.
Speaker 2: Lack of available parts. You just can't, can't and you can't sit them there forever.
Speaker 7: And when you do find them, they're so gushed on expensive it almost makes the job not worth it, unless it's something that's you know, somebody's project cars that they're restoring or something like that.
Speaker 2: They're putting the big bucks in.
Speaker 1: Exactly. It's like, at this point, now you really need to consider retiring this car.
Speaker 2: You know, I do remember the one thing that would drive me nuts in the automotive businesses. Occasionally I would take on a bigger project like an engine swap or a used engine, or even a rebuild, pull the old one, get a jasper in and I started calculating stuff.
Speaker 6: And unless you got that a tech that's done it one hundred times and you can get it in and out and you can source the part quick, that real estate inside the shop is all your money. Man, you tie a damn bay up. I mean, think of a hairdresser and she's got one bay and what are you going to do? You gonna do twenty haircuts or you're gonna do one haircut. I mean it really comes down to the same kind of analogy. So unless if you're charging, you know, a woman comes in and gets a perm and gets color and gets everything, and you're making two or three hundred bucks, maybe you'll do it. But still, if you can do twenty haircuts for fifty bucks a piece and make more money, I mean you got to decide. And there was a lot of times I was like I almost said sh I almost said it. I didn't as Shannon's looking at me like I caught myself. But honestly, there is so many times I'd be like, geez, I can't believe I did that. That car's been there a week and a half. I have lost so much revenue it's crazy. Hey, Jay, what's your comment on that escort?
Speaker 16: On those as they were getting to the computers and stuff, a lot of them had a torque converter solenoid. It would go bad, and as you came to stop the torque converter, you'd want to stay engaged. It would just make to think take like crazy, or it even kill the motor when it got bad enough. So it may just be as simple as that torque converter is not unlocking. It'd be very very common back then.
Speaker 2: What does that mean though, Does that mean he needs a new torque converter?
Speaker 1: Jests No, most likely, not particularly about kind of low with miles.
Speaker 14: What do you do?
Speaker 7: It'd usually just change out the soloid. It was more common to see that on the GM products, and it was the forge way way way more common. Yeah, we always knew when spring was hitting because that's one of you know, all the cavaliers would start coming in, shutting down the vehicles.
Speaker 3: Kay, what do you do?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's evident you're somewhat in the biz.
Speaker 5: Or was.
Speaker 16: I was during the very few good years of it. I actually was the head mechanic at Corvette Denver, Tom's favorite chop ever.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean Purifoy or coach. I don't know who that is.
Speaker 16: Corvette Denver. The owner of Corvette Denver took Tom to a Supreme Court twice.
Speaker 2: No kid, not kidding you.
Speaker 16: Yeah they were. They were kind of nuts.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'll have to ask. I don't recall that one. Oh yeah, I don't all that one at all. All right, man, Hey, I appreciated Jay. You got anything else?
Speaker 16: Yeah, this is just fun. I made a call one time on a car. Really Pierfoy was in the studio and said, no way, not a chance on her.
Speaker 1: I will make a.
Speaker 16: Public apologize and grovel if that's the problem.
Speaker 1: I fixed the car.
Speaker 16: The guy said nothing else was working. I fixed it and really called up the shop on air and apologize to me profusely. I was like, how impressive is that?
Speaker 2: That's crazy?
Speaker 1: I love really for that. I thought that was too cool.
Speaker 2: No, that's he's a he's he's a good guy. Man. I mean, he's a straight up businessman. I still talk to him. In fact, I talked to him not even god Man. Within the last three months.
Speaker 6: We were going to hook up at his favorite pizza place until he told me it was down in his neck.
Speaker 2: Of the woods.
Speaker 6: He used to always say it would drive me crazy. I hope Earlie's listening right now. He would say, Oh, Fort Lopton's just right down road. I'm like, brother, I live in Franktown. It's not just down the road. I might as well drive to Wyoming.
Speaker 2: I mean to me, Fort Lupton is not right down the road. I appreciate that.
Speaker 11: Jay.
Speaker 6: I love Memory Lane. Three oh three seven one, three eight two five five two lines open, everybody, hang tight.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right Folk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: The bottom line is, there's two lines open three oh three more. Artino help at troubleshooter dot com. Been ripped off taking advantage of We have recovered over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise, exchanges, refund services.
Speaker 2: I think you get the idea. That's what we love doing. We got a list of people at referral list dot com that help us kick ass.
Speaker 6: We also have the worst of the worst. If you're new to the show, I'm going to tell you a website to go look at. You want to see the scumbags of the earth. You want to see the ripoffs, You go to sleez Brigade dot com. You'll find Don Eiley there. We helped him put away for We helped him get put away for twelve years federal prison. The last connection or the last contact I got from somebody that he ripped off said Don killed himself in prison.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's true or not, but I hope it is. I mean, he ruined a lot of people's lives. Some people even committed suicide because they lost their business over that scum bucket. Patrick, what is your comment on that nineteen ninety one Ford escort.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I just called about the Topaz actually, and I had the same problem when I first bought mine because mine was also original. Low ish, mild.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the.
Speaker 12: Harmonic balancer. It rots on the inside and it shook the car, and it also made a lot.
Speaker 2: Of noise only only when you were stopped correct and it went away. Guys, what is I hate to say this. What is a harmonic balancer?
Speaker 1: It bolts on the end of the crank, and that's what actually balances the engine, So.
Speaker 2: It kind of stays free and kind of moves with the car.
Speaker 1: Rubber insert in it, so it's it is flexible. Yeah, so it absorbs it basically it doesn't then the rubber rocks out just like a motor mountain.
Speaker 2: Wow. So I mean really, Patrick's making a lot of sense to you.
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: What do you think, Jeff? Entirely possible? Wow?
Speaker 6: Is that something you guys would instantly eyeball on, so like you consume Hey, good catch, Patrick, I appreciate that. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Here's everybody's favorite car. I wish I had one, a nineteen eighty six BMW convertible.
Speaker 2: I von, what is going on with you?
Speaker 4: Yes, hold on, I'm in the middle of something.
Speaker 12: Hold on two seconds.
Speaker 2: Sure, no problem. Dune dune, dum dune, dune, dune dune. Hey, what have you guys been up to lately? I mean, what do you guys doing after this?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yes, go ahead, Iva, right, So I have I'm not sure it's a crossover. It's a three twenty five I convertible, but it's it was imported, so it has European parts.
Speaker 2: Oh god, and why do you have this car?
Speaker 6: Before you even before you even go to your question, why and how did you end up with this car?
Speaker 4: So Tom Martino, who knows my dad, uh, a customer, came in and it was his mother's car that she had in the garage that he drove, and he offered to sell.
Speaker 11: It to my dad.
Speaker 2: Wow, and my mom saw it.
Speaker 4: And my mom saw it and she was like, oh, I like that car. So my dad, being the way that he is sometimes, he bought her the car.
Speaker 10: Huh.
Speaker 4: And so it's been in my family for a while.
Speaker 2: What was supposed to go to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's like I said, it's the crossovers. So it's between eighty No.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm saying, when did you When did your family buy this car?
Speaker 4: You're asking me to keep track of time, which.
Speaker 18: I do not.
Speaker 2: Well, it's an eighty six. I mean, was it like five years old or was it like ten years old when you guys bought it?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, let's just say it has ninety nine, four hundred and four miles on it.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, keep going.
Speaker 4: So it's yeah, So basically it was going to go to my sister. My dad was going to give it to my sister, and she it was too old. She wanted a brand new BMW.
Speaker 2: So I love how you talk ivon. Well, of course she would. I mean, who wouldn't want a brand new one? Right right?
Speaker 10: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did she? Okay, I got a better question. Did she get a brand new one?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, she got a she got a four Runner instead?
Speaker 2: Okay, keep going. So anyway, so I'm fascinated by you.
Speaker 4: So this car was supposed to go to her. It never went to her because she did something I'm not gonna say over the.
Speaker 6: Air that you're not give you that how do you what you can't drop that no one knows you're All's last name.
Speaker 2: I mean, give us at least an idea.
Speaker 4: She took the car because she was pissed, and she ran over a boulder in front of the house, a big, huge boulder.
Speaker 2: And kind of crashed it on purpose.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if it was on purpose or if it was just because she was up that I got it, but it might have been a bit of both.
Speaker 2: Wow, I had a lady run over my car one time, but keep going so okay, So then that was it.
Speaker 4: She's not getting the car. And then I did some work for my dad because I asked.
Speaker 2: I asked to buy him.
Speaker 4: I asked to buy the car from him before and he said no. And then but I did some work for my dad. So then he gave me the car in conjunction with some money to purchase the car because I like the car and my husband likes the car. Actually, he didn't want to sell it to me until my husband showed interest in it. So that's when he decided that he, Okay, you can buy the car if you do this work for me, then you pay me this amount of money. And then this will you know the car will be your compensation. So then I got the car. So I've had this car ever since, and it's pretty good. I mean, there's not much that it's original for the most part.
Speaker 6: Listen, I got to take this this break, but this is exhilarating. When we come back, I'm gonna we're gonna dive even deeper into this story.
Speaker 2: Hank Tight.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: Here's what we know. Here's what we know.
Speaker 11: We know.
Speaker 2: Ivan has a nineteen eighty six BMW convertible that she got from her dad.
Speaker 6: She partially traded some work that she did for her dad along with some cash, and her dad still didn't want to sell it yet. When her dad figured out her husband had some interest in the vehicle, then her dad parted with it. The vehicle is an interesting one because it actually was sourced in Europe?
Speaker 2: Right didn't she say that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? She did.
Speaker 2: So when they sell stuff.
Speaker 6: Now into the US, of course, it's got to meet our emission standards, I assume back in nineteen eighty six, So guys, what would the difference be in Ivan, I'll go right back to you, But in nineteen eighty six, is there really any difference between an American car or a German American car or a German German car?
Speaker 7: Definitely can be, yes, I I think it's either identical or a ton of difference. And we've gotten trucks in from Mexico that we cannot get parts for.
Speaker 2: You just can't get them. So, Ivan, what is your question on this vehicle?
Speaker 4: So there's a there's something that's leaking, Like I have a guy on my guard Mark, she's fixing it for me, and we pretty much got it running and ready to go. But then I started driving it and then it's like leaked a fluid. I think he said. It was like a blue sticky fluid.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what it what it was fluid?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 4: Cool it ye, yes, yes, And it leaked all underneath the driver's side.
Speaker 2: And so somehow let me ask you this, what side is the driver's side? I didn't even think of that? Or is that only the UK?
Speaker 4: It's it's our size, it's not it's not like Dubai or Okay Island.
Speaker 2: Good to know. Keep going. So, yeah, so how did you meet this guy?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 2: He's my neighbor, got it.
Speaker 4: He's a license he's.
Speaker 2: Licensed thure, Yes for sure, excellent.
Speaker 4: And and so he he is going to get it running for me because I'm going to let my nephew use it for his graduation because he he ready did prom but he's going to graduate. He's graduating on the eighteenth.
Speaker 2: Or did he go to the problem? Yeah he did. Cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was very looks tree shore. But anyway, so yeah, so I'm trying. I'm trying to get it running so that he can drive it.
Speaker 6: So but the only problem right now that we know of is there's it's leaking some coolant under the driver's side, which happens to be the same driver's side is the car I drive?
Speaker 2: And what do you guys think there? So it could be the radiator, it could be the hose, it could be it could be.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, yes, yes, it could.
Speaker 2: Be any anything. So where does where does Mark whose license think it's coming from?
Speaker 4: He doesn't know. He has to take a look at it.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's got to get up under there, right. So are you asking us to what's or what's your question?
Speaker 4: My question is what do you think it is?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well me personally? Huh. Okay, I'll tell you what I think it is, but you're not going to agree with me. You're ready? Okay?
Speaker 4: Hold on, let me write it down because it's thank you. I have a lot of things on my plate and if I don't write it down and.
Speaker 2: Then we'll ask these guys. But I'm going to give you my personal opinion.
Speaker 1: Are you inviting any chance related to killer.
Speaker 2: Because her dad knew Tom and stuff? Possibly?
Speaker 1: You ready?
Speaker 4: Hold on? I just want to get boots for sure, my actual You.
Speaker 2: Can hit record on your phone and I can dictate it.
Speaker 4: No, I don't like to do that such, I'm ready, all right.
Speaker 2: Ready, So there's it's possible there's a loose nut, Okay, and it's going to be located right behind got that wheel?
Speaker 4: The wheel?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a loose nut behind the wheel, got it? What do you guys think, Kevin?
Speaker 1: It could be a number of hoses, It could be a lot of things, but it.
Speaker 2: Sounds like cooling for sure.
Speaker 1: The blue the smurf fluid. Yeah, what we call it? The bright blue?
Speaker 10: Jeff?
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, I mean you could have hoses, you can have loose nuts. You don't make a radiator radiator?
Speaker 2: But if it's what where what was the last one you said, Jeff?
Speaker 1: Radiator?
Speaker 2: Oh, a cracked radiator. Why do you say radiator?
Speaker 1: Because that's the way I say it?
Speaker 2: Battery?
Speaker 1: Battery is correct, all right, you' all been saying it wrong.
Speaker 2: No where where exactly do you see the fluid?
Speaker 6: Like if you're parked, in all seriousness, if you're parked, is it like right in the front of the car on the driver's side or in the middle?
Speaker 2: Whereabouts?
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 4: It does not leak on the ground at all. It leaks in the actual driver's side in the car.
Speaker 2: The heater core yep, yeah, heater core?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And unless that guy how hard, guys, truly? I mean, is that easy on a nineteen eighty six BMW or no easy heater course, so it's up under the dash. So but wait, why would that be every heater cores? I can remember every selling now I've never done, but I priced them.
Speaker 7: Out running down the ducks you know, that are coming off of the heater corps cease.
Speaker 6: Usually it's on the passenger or in the center correct or in this center that tell them it's probably the heater core and tell me luck, yeah, and then that exactly.
Speaker 2: Then good luck finding a heater cores.
Speaker 7: You might want to come up with alternative transportationship graduation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's your questions.
Speaker 4: My question, here's my question. Yes, My question is is I've been accused of several times, and I've seen these guys put together these cars that have like five hundred thousand miles on and they don't necessarily use the actual parts from the American cars because they have a lot of Russian cars that are that are there. Yeah, and so what they do is they actually put these different parts together and make.
Speaker 2: They fabricate something to make it work.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So is that well possibility.
Speaker 6: It's definitely a possible. It's definitely a possibility. But it's like there's always an economic side to possibilities.
Speaker 2: I mean, is it worth doing? I mean really, that's the question you're going to come down to.
Speaker 4: It's worth doing for me because the car is not for sale, and I've had several people ask me to buy it and it's not for sale.
Speaker 6: Got it, Well, I get it, Hey, Ivan, Yes, it is possible. Whoever works on it, they could possibly modify another heater. Course that's what it is to fit into that car. It is definitely possible. Just how much that would cost is really hard to say.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, Go.
Speaker 14: With a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pass until you're content.
Speaker 14: Leave time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty two and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rid News.
Speaker 12: So you don't have come.
Speaker 20: Runs as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 18: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinez, welcome, welcome, my friends to the only show of it's kind of It's car Day.
Speaker 6: I'm the Troubleshooter Show. We are having a great time on YouTube as well. If if you go to YouTube dot com type in Troubleshooter Network, you can watch the show live.
Speaker 2: You're gonna love.
Speaker 6: And of course the iHeart app that's a rock and roll. If you're in the car, you simply pull it up. You can set khow as a favorite and bam, bam bam. You can pull it up at any time. That's a free app, of course, and you can listen to us through Alexa any other way you want.
Speaker 2: But here's what we do. We go after the bad guys. We help you with problems.
Speaker 6: I've got two great guys from our referral list in studio, Kevin Cauk and shared an Auto Tech rock and roll. I've known Kevin, my goodness, Kevin. I mean we're talking at least twelve years. At least twelve Jeff Fitkimera transmission Jeff, believe it or not, we've known each other even longer. I knew of you simply because the guy you used to work for and bought the business from, I knew him like the fifteen twenty years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and in all actuality, I didn't buy the business from him. No, So after his demise as he shot himself. So is that bad to say?
Speaker 6: I mean, honestly, I'm yeah, I know that. I'm like, I just thought about that. I usually speak what I'm thinking. And when you brought him up.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 2: He committed suicide. He did, but he had a lot of problems.
Speaker 1: He had demons.
Speaker 6: I went to lunch with him one time, and I'm telling you, we were at a what's that place over in Landmark where they have those Papa does, and he wanted to meet over there.
Speaker 2: We got into a.
Speaker 6: Little tiff over something, and we go over there and he's kind of apologizing, but he's drunk as hell.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 6: I was like, and he was going, he was getting ready to go back to his shop. And then I didn't hear much from that guy forever. The next thing, I know, he's dead.
Speaker 7: Well, in all actuality, if he started getting drunk, then quite frankly, he continued to get drunk, and.
Speaker 1: He didn't chill back up at the shop. He would go on binges where he would just flat out disappeared.
Speaker 2: He was a binger.
Speaker 7: I got it anyhow, so but you didn't buy it. No, I didn't buy it because he had some entanglements with the irs. So we had to have all the maskshets. Yeah, we had all the assets removed. And you know I got the deal with the landlord for the name.
Speaker 1: Uh well, no, it wasn't even the name because it wasn't the same name. It was B and M back then.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, it was bing M.
Speaker 7: So we negotiated a new lease. I bought all new equipment and hung a new shingle and just kept going.
Speaker 2: You know, that whole thing made me think of something.
Speaker 6: Guys, by the way, we got two lines open three three seven one three A two five five Lizen, Dick, I'll get to you, but I do want to tell a quick story, and I don't care if you like my stories or not.
Speaker 2: This one's fascinating, so responds. This one's got a police officer that shot himself in it. How's that? And that's what made me think of it? Was a B and M guy. So the guy's name I don't even know. I'm not going to I'll use this first name, Scott.
Speaker 6: We lived in Parker, Susanna and I and we had this little uh well, okay, back in the day, all the phones in your house were nine hundred megahertz, okay, the cordless ones. So we had this little scanner that we bought from radio Shack that literally could pick up nine hundred megahertz, so you could tune in on it and literally hear people around the neighborhood talking. Now, there was no way to know who was who because this thing would reach pretty far, but you could just hit it in that frequency range and you could eavesdrop on conversations everywhere.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 6: In fact, it was probably the most entertainment I've ever had in my life. I mean literally, it was better than watching any TV shows.
Speaker 2: So it was crazy. We're sitting there listening one night, and all of a sudden, there's a guy on there selling suppressors and these kits to make certain guns fully automatic.
Speaker 6: And I'm going, oh my god, is this for real? I mean, this is absolutely insane. So I start recording it, literally record it. Then at the end I figure out who it is and he lives about four houses down and he is a Parker police officer.
Speaker 2: At this point, I'm thinking this is insane. I mean, this is a bad cop. This is a bad cop.
Speaker 6: So I call up a buddy of mine. His name was Ward. Until this day, he's still in the FBI. He's in the FBI, and I said, Ward, I'm going to send you something because this guy's fore house is down, and I'm actually going to call up to captain down in Parker and have him come out to my house and listen to this. But I'm sending you a copy of this tape. So I basically made a copy of it, and I literally got it to Ward and I said, you know, I don't need you.
Speaker 2: Guys to do anything because I'm getting his captain involved.
Speaker 6: And basically I leave a message with someone at the Parker Police station and I told him I've got something from one of your officers that's absolutely unbelievable. I need whoever the head dog is to come to my address. So head dog, I forget the guy's name at the time. This is in the nineties, comes to our house. I hit play on the tape. It was actually a tape, and he listens to it. Evident he knows exactly who it is as well, and he was just astonished. He couldn't believe it, and he left and he apologized on behalf of everybody and everything else. So about maybe two weeks go by. Back then I owned the computer stores. It was probably six am, seven am in the morning. Ambulance is flying by our house. He still lived with his parents.
Speaker 2: By the way, don't ask me why. Actually, I think he got divorced, had to move back in with his parents. Something like that. Booh, blew his head off, blue his head off, because he got fired and basically everybody was after him. I mean, he literally was selling suppressors, which her silencers, and he was selling whatever kits that would take like an AR or an AK whatever these guns are and make them fully automatic by the receiver, not like a bump stock, like a real kid. And it was incredible. But anyhow, that's what you made me think of with your b and m't guy.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad I gave you some fond memories, you know.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know. I haven't thought about that guy in so long. It was not a good guy. He was not a good guy. So you know, I'm one of these guys I'm like, it is what it is? Hey, Liz, what's going on with you?
Speaker 11: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hey Liz, how are you? I'm doing great? How are you doing.
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 4: Okay, I guess here's the situation. My mother in law ninety two is now living with us.
Speaker 2: Hey, God, hey, God listen Liz. Seriously, God bless you guys.
Speaker 10: That is that.
Speaker 2: Seriously, that's awesome. That's a ton of work. It's just a lot of work. God bless you. Keep going well, thank you.
Speaker 4: So the situation is her grandson lived with her his wife, and they depleted her bank account. She did press charges they stole from her. They manipulated her into buying a fifty thousand dollars vehicle.
Speaker 9: She took out the loan.
Speaker 4: It's in her name. They owe thirty thousand on it. She owes thirty thousand on it. They have possession of the vehicle. She has the loan.
Speaker 2: Who owns who is it titled?
Speaker 10: Inn?
Speaker 4: It's with TD Auto?
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no no no no, it will be.
Speaker 4: Ahead her name, her name.
Speaker 2: How long ago did they buy it?
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty one?
Speaker 9: It was brand new?
Speaker 2: If it's so right now? The title is in her name?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: If she pays it off, she'll get the title.
Speaker 6: Yes, and the registration is whom her your mother or your mother in law. Yes, I want to just make sure we're talking. I would get a tow truck drive. I know one JJ that would go pick that up. As long as she can show the registration and show the title, he would go grab her car.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we do need to Okay, it is in another state.
Speaker 6: Well then it gets a little that, it gets a little more dicey. But if she owns the vehicle, she has every right to go get it. I mean, have you guys simply asked for the vehicle back? And who's making the payments on it?
Speaker 4: Well she always thought they were, but really they were taking the money from her account.
Speaker 3: And oh my god, who are these dirt bags?
Speaker 2: Her grandkids?
Speaker 3: Who is this again?
Speaker 4: It's her grandson. He's got a history.
Speaker 2: What don't you let me hold on a second. Here's what I'd really like to do. Look, we're going to figure out how to get that car back to her, but if you would give Kelly the grandson's phone number, I'd like to get his ass on the show real quick and talk to him.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, we're going to go back to list in a second. I'm hoping to figure out if we can get Tag Granson on. We're going to try to get her car back. But real quick, someone dropped in there doing an estimate for me for iHeart on remodeling the bathrooms here. But that's got nothing to do with why I'm bringing it on Bob with Integrity Electric and Home Improvements. First of all, welcome to the show. Real quick, I wanted to show you a little love because I'm getting a ton of people saying who can do like hand man chores around?
Speaker 2: I know you do that. You do a ton of like ceiling fan installs.
Speaker 6: Absolutely get closer to that mic, so ceiling fans you can run like, uh, you're also an electrician, which is which is kind of convenient, but you can do like wallplate switch outs.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking of the handyman side. How about like car chargers for teslas. Absolutely, that's one of my specialties. Lighting, lighting, like when you fix yours anything. Yeah, so like if you had you know, everybody wants cans yep. And nowadays we got a new system called the led saucers, which are super easy to wait coller too. Yeah, we've got those in our bathroom way cooler. So you can do the swap out yep, and you can do any kind of fixture swap out. And then how about something like trying to think of something strange like that people actually call about. I know, the car chargers are a big one, now, oh I know one like people might want something like, uh, would you actually do a full base remodel?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: That one probably not a full big one, got it.
Speaker 3: I'm more of a smaller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're lob. You're basically a one man show. You've been on the referral list how long.
Speaker 18: Since two thousand and eight?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he's been on for that's like twenty years. Thank god, I'm glad I'm showing you some love. You know how many complaints I've gotten about you since you've been on zero Not one complaint ever. That's amazing, man, that's amazing. Well, I know your prices are great. You've been out to my house and you're putting an estimate together. Fryheart. Here, I'm kind of doing a remodel on all their uh you know, their bathrooms here basically, and did Bo show you everything? Yeah, we're in the process of taking a look at all that right now. And awesome. But anybody out there, look, he's a handyman, but he's also an electrician, so you put it together.
Speaker 6: He can do a ton of different things. Seven to zero two seven three, twenty one eighty eight. Bob Integrity Electric and Home Improvement seven to zero two seven three, twenty one eighty eight. I appreciate you, uh being a sponsor of ours forever man, it's really awesome. Likewise, and you can also find Bob an Integrity Electric at referral lists dot com. I feel like I just did a commercial, but honest to god, I didn't even know he was coming into studio when I saw him. I'm getting a ton of people, Bob, just looking for stuff for you know, smaller jobs like that, and I know you're perfect for it. So once again, integrity electric on of referral list. Now back to Liz. So, Liz, we tried Kelly. You reached out and we could not get Yes. Did she give it?
Speaker 2: Liz? Did you give Kelly a number for the grandkid?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: True, one to him and one to his wife.
Speaker 2: And no one's answering or what's happened to Kelly?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 19: None of their voicemails are set up to do any messages in a dirt bag answer.
Speaker 6: If everything Liz is saying, what a dirtbag kid stealing from his grandmother?
Speaker 2: Those kind of people should go to hell.
Speaker 6: I'll just put it straight like that, how do you steal from a ninety two year old woman that's your grandmother or anybody? Literally anybody? But like that's that threshold. In fact, that's actually a crime, like a big time crime. But let's just concentrate on the car.
Speaker 2: What state is it in? It's in Texas, man, I don't know Jack in Texas.
Speaker 6: Nothing any ideas, guys, but the title, So anybody out there, help us out here the title, and I wonder if we could call one of our tow truck drivers because the title in registration is in the grandmother's name.
Speaker 2: Do you know the location of the car exactly? Where it is?
Speaker 4: Not exactly I have several addresses that, Well, you've got to.
Speaker 2: Do some skip tracing, but you're not going to hire a tow truck driver to go skip trace. You'd go broke. You got to locate the vehicle. And then I was going to.
Speaker 6: Say, we'll figure out a tow truck driver, It'll do a REPO because I know some repo and I know some tow truck drivers who probably know people in different areas in the country.
Speaker 2: But I mean, if you don't know where the car is, I mean, what do you expect to do.
Speaker 10: Why can't you just go down with our husband and have one of them drive the car back to Colorado.
Speaker 2: Well, it's Texas, first of all, and they don't know where the car is, she's saying, but they're going to drive around Texas.
Speaker 10: That if they have to find out for the tok tuck driver once they know the address.
Speaker 2: Do you guys have themselves? You probably don't have a key. Do you no, you got nothing on it?
Speaker 1: What kind of car?
Speaker 11: Is this?
Speaker 2: Good question?
Speaker 4: It's a twenty one grand jeep Cherokee.
Speaker 2: It's probably what eighty grand?
Speaker 1: Well, we'll start out with is it still registered in Colorado?
Speaker 4: It's registered in Texas?
Speaker 2: How do you know it's yeah?
Speaker 21: How?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Because she lived with them in Texas.
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotcha, I get you. It's it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Slept the car stolen. No, that's not a bad idea. I'm macar for you.
Speaker 10: If she has a registration, would the locksmith open the doorf for them?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, yeah, Now you can get the dealer to make a key. Just cast a little bit more effit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, actually, actually you just made me think of something. You guys, Hey, Kelly, get on our locksmith guy. I want to ask him something. If he takes the vin can he create a fob for it? Then you guys have a key and you're halfway there. Now you just got to locate it and walk up to it and drive it back. Like Doc said, if you can find it, hold on. I want to see if that's even a possibility on a twenty one Cherokee.
Speaker 2: I would think so.
Speaker 6: It needs to be programmed. Mark That's what I'm saying. I wonder if city Lock can do that. And we had him on yesterday for another thing, and we're right at the end of the show, so I'd like to get him back on.
Speaker 2: So Kelly gets city Lock on for me. She's doing that.
Speaker 6: Now, let's take the break. We're actually going to do it on time. We'll come back and let's try to help this lady. And if you're listening on the podcast, Hey, Liz, what part of Texas.
Speaker 2: Are we talking about?
Speaker 4: El Paso?
Speaker 2: L Passokay?
Speaker 6: Why couldn't anything go easy like Austin or Dallas Fort Worth where I literally know people, But now now we're talking El Paso, New York City.
Speaker 2: Isn't that? That wasn't that?
Speaker 10: Like, yeah, it was a commercial for hot sauce?
Speaker 13: Yeah, what was that sauce called Old Paso?
Speaker 2: That was literally the name of it.
Speaker 6: And they'd say it's not made in New Jersey, New York City, New York City. Everybody, hold tight. We got two lines open three zero three seven one three talk.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage? Had dozens of insurance go but he's find out now three O three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Three O three seven one three eight two five five. I really want to help Liz, and I'll recap real quick. But basically, they took in her ninety two year old. It's not her mother, is it. It's my mother in law.
Speaker 2: So, Liz, you took in your mother in law ninety two years old. She did live in Texas with her grandson? And who else did she live in Texas with the grandson? And whom.
Speaker 10: His girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Liz was it was the grandson? Was it like the boyfriend she lived with?
Speaker 3: Who was it?
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm not. I'll put her on hold till you can pick up, But in the meantime, I want to get to Jeff with City Lock.
Speaker 6: Hey, jeff Man, let me ask you something nineteen ninety one, Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Speaker 2: Or twenty one twenty one? You got me, Jeff?
Speaker 9: Okay, this is Jeff from the city lock twenty one. And what's the question on that?
Speaker 2: Here's the question.
Speaker 6: So it is in a ninety two year old's name, it's titled to the ninety two year old, and it's registered to the ninety two year old in Texas. The grandson kind of tricked his grandmother into buying it.
Speaker 2: She's on the loan. The ninety two year old's on the loan, and on top of being on the loan, she's also the registered owner. She now lives with somebody else in Colorado and they're trying to get to car backs. So there's a couple things. One I don't know if you know. They answered all these questions. But the main reason I brought you on. If she's got the registration and she can prove that and prove the title, can you create a key fob or a key that will work for it because they don't have a key for it well with the vehicle located in Texas.
Speaker 9: No, if I produce a new remote for it, it's probably a push button start. But in any case, it that's to be programmed to the vehicle.
Speaker 6: Well, I always that's what I was calling for, because I know I've lost a key before on a night or on a twenty twenty three Genesis GV eighty and I gave the VIN number to the dealer and they gave me a key fob never touched.
Speaker 10: The car.
Speaker 9: A push button start car.
Speaker 2: No, mine wasn't push button start.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, the Genesis is made by HUNGI right. Yes, a lot of them didn't have an immobilizer. That's why they're all getting stolen. So that may have been one that had an older system even though it's that new. They've scrambled to get the mobilizers into them in the last year or two.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean I'm not gonna I'm not going to be.
Speaker 9: A rare exception.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So you're saying off the venue can't do it. I mean, there's no way to reproduce the key.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: All all I'd be able to do is make a mechanical key that opens the door. It would not stop the cut until it's programmed. You'd have to have a locksmith in the area where the vehicle is handle it.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 6: So, really, they're only the only thing they're gonna do is just have a repote someone. They can get it on a tow truck and get it to a dealership to get it rekeyt or get it to a locksmith or something along those terms.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, I could find a locksmith in that area that's background checked and everything for you.
Speaker 2: Now, let me ask you this, Jeff.
Speaker 6: Generally speaking, if you come to a car, what do people have to prove in order for you to create a key?
Speaker 2: Do they got to show you a registration?
Speaker 9: Hell? I draw blood and make sure I do everything.
Speaker 2: Like literally, you have to, don't you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, all I need is something to go self once and I'm mud.
Speaker 6: Yeah, then you're mud. That's kind of funny you say that. I guess that makes perfect sense. Well, that was really the question for you while I got you on. I mean, you're on your referral list. How much would that key cost or to get into the car and then to get it programmed if you had the car there?
Speaker 9: Okay, if the vehicle were say, towed to my shop, Yes, what I would charge, But that doesn't mean what anyone else would charge, including reprogramming. And there are some challenges because it's a newer vehicle. The security stuff that us to be bypassed to program it, I would be charging five hundred dollars to produce two new key fobs and delete all the old ones out.
Speaker 2: Oh so the old ones wouldn't even work anymore? That's interesting. Is it possible just to add one out of curiosity?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 2: So you could if they had.
Speaker 6: One and just wanted one more, you could do that. Are you reprogramming both of them out of curiosity? In other words, when you add a key to that vehicle, do you have to basically kill the programming in the old one? And I'm just purely curious on it.
Speaker 9: Well, generally with most equipment you do, okay, And with dealership equipment you do.
Speaker 6: Almost like a garage door opener when you reprogram a bunch of remotes.
Speaker 9: No, that's different, or maybe not.
Speaker 2: At least asking a question mark? Go ahead?
Speaker 10: Oh, I just got you. What kind of background checks the locksman's have to go through? So if you call somebody up, let's say you just look on Google and you just pick somebody at random, are they Does everybody have to go through a pre significant background check to get a license? No?
Speaker 9: Google requires absolutely nothing except your advertising clears without No.
Speaker 10: No, no, No, not Google. I'm what about the state of Colorado.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but everything on Google has often do with to stay at Colorado. Apple and Google are going to get you scammers that are running a call center out.
Speaker 2: Of Florida, So don't use them as a locks It went to something. Yeah, he's saying it doesn't matter. It just doesn't matter because when people google locksmiths, these people don't care what the regulations are in Colorado because they're not even here. They just basically send someone out, right, Jeff.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and the people that are sending out I'm not background checked. They do not have a business license. They're generally from Europe or the Middle East, and they couldn't be crooks.
Speaker 3: Let's just put it like it is.
Speaker 2: They could be crooks.
Speaker 9: Oh they are.
Speaker 6: They generally are crushed dam But if you want to do it, I think what Doc is asking, if you want to do it the right way and become a locksmith, do you.
Speaker 2: Have to like register with the state. Nope, Nope, that's nothing. I'm shocked by that.
Speaker 9: There are no protections.
Speaker 6: There's no protections except for you want to deal with someone that's honest like you guys. I mean, you've been on a referral list forever. We never had a problem.
Speaker 2: Well, caff, I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Is there any specials you want to give out real quick, I'm going to give your number out.
Speaker 2: What I was hoping that you.
Speaker 6: Would say, we could give you the then we would get a key fob that would operate the vehicle. Then we were going to find a tow truck driver or somebody there to get the car to a safe spot. Then they can figure out. But it's simply not going to work that way. So, but do you have anything you want to talk about with City lock right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Well City Locke is in Boulder. We have a physical location. People can bring their vehicles to us, or if it's stuck somewhere, depending on the year, make a model. We may go to it to do the job. But I just want to say one more thing. If someone needs to find a legitimate bocksmith and they're not in the local area, it doesn't matter where they are, if they go to the website find a locksmith dot com. It's a free service of our national association. Everyone in there's background checks financially checked to make sure they're not you know, a risk of going back.
Speaker 6: It's I want to say something I love that find a locksmith dot com. But I want to say something that's remarkable. There's one in Castle Rock called like I think it starts with an A. You probably know I'm a cure or something. Do you know what I'm talking about? Acosta Acosta And they have a physical location. And I met the guy and I had a key made for my RV before we.
Speaker 2: Went on a long trip, so i'd have kind of a backup key because our dog locked us out one time. It was a nightmare.
Speaker 6: But anyhow, I went to him a second time because I wanted a key made for the iHeart Building. And interestingly enough, the key I brought them, I didn't realize what is referred to as a master key. So the key that I have for our office in iHeart literally opens every single.
Speaker 2: Door in iHeart because it's a master key.
Speaker 6: You know what that guy told me. He told me he would not duplicate that key, and I found that good. I mean, I basically ended up getting another key through the proper channels.
Speaker 2: But think about that. That locksmith could have easily duplicated that key, but he would not do it. Man, And to me, that's the way it should be done, right, Jeff.
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely, if the key could be even identified as being special. There are restricted keys that are patent controlled. It's a way of having an audit trail of keys and a keyhole that can't go and make a copy at all because the key blanks are controlled.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what.
Speaker 9: Now when I set up, I.
Speaker 6: See what you're saying, because you can't you can't even fabricate that blank, correct, Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that was the case.
Speaker 9: Such products. The keys are controlled. We serial number every one of them, so soon rings one in, I look up the cereal number. I know who loans it. I pulled the Singer card, I know who's off.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But if you were unethical or an unethical locksmith. When when you're saying that I'm infatuated by this, that that that key is controlled, or the blank is controlled, what would stop somebody else from making that blank?
Speaker 9: Well, it's patent controlled. The manufacturer would send a nice big group of lawyers outside, so you can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, in other words, though you couldn't counterfeit one of them.
Speaker 9: The one I sell primarily would be hard to even try. The three D print, Okay, it has, it has some features that make it very difficult.
Speaker 3: So it truly is.
Speaker 2: About the most unreproducible key out there.
Speaker 9: There's a few different ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, cool, Well if you got any specials because I got a run brother.
Speaker 9: Sure, anyone who mentions that they heard this on the show, even if they hear it three months from now, I want to repeat. I'll take fifty dollars off the programming on any program key of any program to remote. I love it, any making model, I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: All right, listen, that is Jeff city Lock.
Speaker 9: Where am I?
Speaker 2: Where am I Boulder?
Speaker 9: We're in Bolder?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you're in Bolder.
Speaker 9: We're at two eight nine eight thirtieth Street, thirtieth and Valmont in Boulder.
Speaker 2: What's your website?
Speaker 9: The website is CITYLOCKUSA dot com.
Speaker 2: Now, why wouldn't you just wait? I'm giving you, I'm giving you airtime. That's crazy, And why wouldn't you just say citylock USA dot com. See how easy that is.
Speaker 9: NF phone number is three oh three four four four four four zero seven three.
Speaker 2: Three four four four four four oh seven.
Speaker 6: But CITYLOCKUSA dot com, Jeff, I appreciate you, man, have a good weekend. Fifty bucks off pretty much anything citylock on a referral list, A referral list dot com.
Speaker 2: Now hold on, Liz, I got some ideas.
Speaker 6: I got to take this break. I'm running up against it. I was truly hoping Jeff would give me the answer I wanted. That's not going to happen. We got to think about how to helper.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three o three seven one three eight two five five. Hey, Liz, you're gonna have to figure out where that vehicle is.
Speaker 2: We can help you.
Speaker 6: Once you find out where it is, I will be able to find you a tow truck driver or a repo person that can go grab it and then get it over to a shop we find or something.
Speaker 2: But you got to figure out where it is. That's what you need to do, is find out where that vehicle is.
Speaker 4: Super thank you.
Speaker 2: You're very welcome, Liz. And I'm so sorry that that grandson is such a piece of crap. Is that too harsh? I don't think so. I really don't think so. You know, we have one lady that calls up all the time. Her grandson has taken her for a ride for years and years. You name it.
Speaker 6: He's done it, he stole it, he's ruined it, he's crushed it. He's just a disaster happening. We got another hour going. Any car questions, you have, any contractor issues, any landlord issues, anything you have cooking.
Speaker 2: We're here for you for another hour.
Speaker 6: Three oh three Martino, call right now three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Help a troubleshooter dot com. My name's Mark Major. You're on the Troubleshooter Network.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up. Free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance, pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 3: Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 14: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rip of.
Speaker 20: News needs you don't have, come runs cam Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 2: Come man, This is.
Speaker 18: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 2: Welcome, my friends to the only show of this guy.
Speaker 6: We are here to make your life a little bit better you've been ripped off or taking advantage of. And then, more importantly, the day it's car day on the Troubleshooter Show. You got any car questions?
Speaker 2: It could be about car purchasing, car leasing, car issues such as noises, vibrations, got We've gotten it all over the years, guys and in studio with me as mostly always on Fridays, Kevin Colkin shared an Auto Tech welcome Kevin, Thanks Mark, Jeff Vic You guys were both talking the first hour with me, and it's been a little slow and when does it generally pick up as soon as the weather gets hot? You got the AC systems.
Speaker 7: Extreme Yeah, definitely extreme temperature. So when it's good and cold, or when it's good and hot, I mean typically summers are you know, our busy, busy season, because that's when most of them are going to go down. But these mild temperatures were just you're hovering in the sixties and seventies. Stuff just holds yourself together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does, doesn't it. What's worse though, the really hot or they're really cold on most cars hot? Why is that?
Speaker 7: The temperature? Temperature kills everything? No two ways about it. You know, when it comes to cold, well, you can manage the cold a little bit. We can build heat, but trying to get rid of that heat during the summer is troublesome.
Speaker 6: What things should people be thinking about getting done before this heat does kick in? I mean, what are some of the routine maintenance like a cooling system flush? Should that be done now? Or like should that be done once a year? Should that be done every three years?
Speaker 7: Every yeah, depending on the usage and everything, but every two three years, you know, usually around thirty forty thousand miles.
Speaker 2: And does that glycos or is it glycos? What is that called? No glycos?
Speaker 5: Is a.
Speaker 2: Nightcall? Does that breakdown pretty quick?
Speaker 1: It becomes it does become a citic, So you can start deteriorating gaskets and seals.
Speaker 2: Yes, what's the difference in colors in that stuff?
Speaker 13: Because I know there's a packages, okay, but you have a certain color, should stick with that typically?
Speaker 1: Yes, you know Toada has a pink and Honda has blue, and there's a yellow for Chrystler. Yeah, they're all additive packages.
Speaker 10: I have a question about so on electric cars. I know, when when I turn on the air conditioner, it uses power from the battery. Will that if you use your air conditioner a lot, will it eventually decrease the longevity of the battery or does the battery recharge to the point where having used an air conditioner does it isn't an issue?
Speaker 7: Well, I think anytime you're draining something to it's depleted levels and then charging it back up, I mean you're going through what's lifespan You're You're the same thing with your cell phone. You know, the more you use it, I mean, the less likely that battery is going to last for ten twenty years. It's gonna my kids. I guarantee his cell phone is gonna wear out before mind does.
Speaker 2: What what do you guys drive? And you got a Chevy?
Speaker 1: I've got three quarter ton Chevy and it is.
Speaker 2: At all you ever bought. It's amazing to me. With cars, people get lower able to a brand, big time loyal. I got a friend Mike and Sal he buys a chev Yeah.
Speaker 7: And I've had Fords, and I mean the last opportunity I had to get a truck, I got my son of Dodge.
Speaker 2: So so you're not very loyal.
Speaker 7: No, No, I mean, don't get me wrong. I do prefer driving the Chevy. Why is it just the creature comforts in most cases what people prefer, or the actual ride itself, the way they work?
Speaker 2: And Doc? How about you? You always buy I've had about fifteen different models. I thought you, I was going to say superhus. I know you just bought the electric Conde, but I thought you just drove super.
Speaker 10: I've had Sobs, I've had Toyotas, I had Fords, We've had everything. I've had an Audi.
Speaker 2: I buyed pretty much well Tesla now, but I mean Hondis we still buy.
Speaker 10: A while ago you had what I had, a Sonata snatch you like that. I also had an Infinity so multiple different brands.
Speaker 2: Multiple Kevin Ford pretty much forever.
Speaker 1: Well, my brother works for Fords. That's kind of how I got started.
Speaker 14: There.
Speaker 2: You get a discount on it, yeah, yeah, yeah, not a time. I shot by warranty. I absolutely love the best warranties, and Hondi's got that bumper to bumper sixty thousand miles?
Speaker 1: Would you buy that car without the warranty?
Speaker 6: A boy, that's a hell of a good question. Probably not, not if a different car had a better warrant time.
Speaker 1: I'm just do you like the Hundai enough to buy it without the warranty?
Speaker 2: I like the Genesis probably enough to buy with that. Do I like the Santa Fe enough? I actually probably do the other ones I did not like my Sonata. I don't like their little ones, like the what's ther tiny one? Accent?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Those are like I didn't like those, nor did I have good luck with them.
Speaker 1: And I don't like level vehicle. They're meant for the for early purchaser and back.
Speaker 2: Then, I mean when I bought one new for we've got one for miles. I mean it was like I want to say, it was.
Speaker 6: Like eleven or twelve, twelve to fourteen. What's the next step up over that? Con Yeah, the A Launcher is not a bad car for the price.
Speaker 2: But now I mean now they're like twenty five thirty thousand bucks, which is incredible to me.
Speaker 6: I mean that it's really blown me away. Pre Covid what the prices are. I mean, if you think about it, pre Covid, you could buy an A launch for brand new, you know, mid not not the base base, but not you know, not leather or anything for under fifteen thousand. Now they're twenty five thousand, and that's just crazy. But that's the same you guys say about parts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it's right back into the engine, bayer or underneath that chassis. I mean, we're seeing that same pain as far as the cost in the parts themselves.
Speaker 6: Are you guys truly seeing anything with tariffs yet? In other words, if a part costs you, I mean, I don't know, a throttle body if it cost five hundred dollars six months ago right now, is it's still five hundred bucks?
Speaker 2: Like it hasn't impacted you yet.
Speaker 7: There have been some parts that we've seen some particular dealers or manufacturers where they've raised some prices in preparation for the ter Yeah, it hasn't been completely across the board. A certain parts you know that may be coming in from Canada or maybe coming in from Mexico, and so they've they've just similar to petroleum, they've raised the prices now so they can bulk up for when that gess.
Speaker 2: They're getting ready to go to.
Speaker 6: Most of the parts you guys deal with come from those two places, Canada and Mexico. Or like, if you order a part for a BMW, isn't most of the aftermarket made in Canada or Mexico or here?
Speaker 2: A good portion of it.
Speaker 7: A lot, It depends on what it is you're getting. I mean, you know, one of the parts I'm talking about was a soul my body for a Ford here. Literally just a month ago, I was able to buy it for one hundred and eighty dollars. Priced it out the other day and it's five hundred and sixty bucks.
Speaker 6: So in OEM, an OEM part is actually from the factory, right, it's your original equipment manufacturer. So if you guys, if you're rebuilding a transmission or you're putting an alternator in, Is there any reason if you can get in after market to do it?
Speaker 7: It depends on the part that you're looking to get. Yeah, there's some parts I won't tack, Like.
Speaker 2: What give me an idea of one where you rather use.
Speaker 1: A lot of the electronics. You know, you can get a reman ECM like.
Speaker 2: Great as an alternator.
Speaker 1: It just depends on the warranty that we're getting in the manufacturer. I mean there's there's certain aftermark manufacturers I would definitely use. You know, uh, Delco has a Delphi.
Speaker 6: Does manufacturers like use Delphi. So in other words, the OEM and the aftermarket could be literally coming out of the same place.
Speaker 7: Of you were talking about what we were talking about some fluids earlier. You know that you know it's all made at one plant, but they'll bottle it for individual companies. So yeah, the oil attitude. Yeah, so you get the same thing. Inside the auto industry, there's only so many places that actually make batteries for vehicles, you know, Johnson Controls.
Speaker 1: Being one of them.
Speaker 7: They will go through a number of different lines where they're selling to say Walmart, or they're selling to Interstate or actually think Interesstate makes their own, but you go through several different names, like way the same plant exactly they.
Speaker 2: Make a tone.
Speaker 6: Is Factory Motor Parts still around? Oh yeah, oh yeah, and those guys sell a lot of OEM.
Speaker 2: Right, and the gasoline guys, well, hold on, doc, where do they source from? Do they get direct from the manufacturer?
Speaker 1: You know they would have to because Worldpack does the same thing. Where you can get Oie parts, he can get mo Park.
Speaker 2: I thought world Pack was gone. I thought Carquest went by by. Still there is Carqueste. Car Quest was absorbed by his mass hol parts. All right, go ahead, doc.
Speaker 10: What about gasoline? Is there any difference in the gasoline between you know, budget places.
Speaker 2: Like Texaco versus Quick Trip or whatever. It's the same thing. It's how they order it, or it's how the flagship orders it.
Speaker 1: Right, Because there's only a certain number of pipelines coming into Denver.
Speaker 2: Well, so they all get yet one refinery I think in the entire state.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they all get it at the same place. It's just the additive pack they put in with it, all right.
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven, one three eight two five five. Any questions ripped off? Taking advantage of it's Friday, it's car day.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance.
Speaker 3: Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, three oh three.
Speaker 2: Seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, you've been ripped off for taking advantage of We want to hear from you.
Speaker 6: We have full rides the first three hours. We have settled down a little. Any questions you have three oh three Martino, bo you said you had a question I think for Jeff Thick. Who did you say, sir?
Speaker 1: Ck I got?
Speaker 17: A YouTuber wrote in with a question about manual transmissions?
Speaker 2: Do you even see them anymore?
Speaker 1: Just to have one in the shop this week?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 17: But so she wants to know, how long do manual transmissions last as compared to automatic transmissions, and do you have to change the manual transmission oil frequently?
Speaker 2: All matter?
Speaker 7: Definitely will typically last longer than an automatic. I mean you're all gear to gear drive the things that we're out inside them typically or you know synchronizers in particular, which is what allows gives you the ability to shift in between the gears without grinding. Uh, you know they're actually made as a way apart depending on the driver. You know, you can damage them faster I work. You know, they could last a lifetime of the car. And then obviously the contaminants inside the the oil will affect bearings over time so that you'll get bearing failures. So yeah, you should definitely be changing the fluid inside your standard.
Speaker 2: Does it matter how hard someone is on the clutch when it comes to the transmission itself, that's just.
Speaker 7: The clutch one hundred percent. You can definitely damage to transmission if you're tough on the clutch. You know, we've seen it several several times some of these cars. You know, we had a kid in with one of these fast forced forward focuses and he blew out second gear three times. A matter of a couple of months because he was driving abusively.
Speaker 2: Wow, I know what a Ford Focus.
Speaker 1: They've got some pretty sporty versions of them.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh they do, yes, like modified or you're like right from four, right from four?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. How do you work on a warranty with something like that? Say you don't, we don't.
Speaker 7: There's actually when we're done with it, you know, if we've done a build, there is a disclaimer on there that says, you know, not only do you have to monitor fluids and keep it full, but it also disclaims against you know, misuse, abuse, operator error. You know, I cannot call you every day and tell you to check your fluid or have you looked underneath the car to make sure there's not a weak you know, So if you bring it back to me burned up after you let it leak for six months, you know, hey, we would have taken care of a leak.
Speaker 1: That's not a problem.
Speaker 6: I had a good friend that just bought a I think it was a twenty three top of the line. I mean it's got the Corvette engine, the whole bit in it. And he waited to get a stick shift. And I always found that crazy, And I'll tell you why. I think back in the day, if you had a stick shift, you probably would be faster in a race, right, But nowadays, wouldn't you say the computer shift's way better than a human Yeah? So, I mean, there's no doubt about it unless if that's really what is the benefit of a stick shift besides yeah, espalgia?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's it.
Speaker 17: Well, that brings up my other question about the manual transmission. I've always heard in a manual transmission we'll get three to ten miles better gas mileage as compared to an automatic transmission.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that depends on the driver too. It depends entirely on the driver. Yes, so is that kind of a missing omalsomal?
Speaker 2: Have you guys ever done this any of it? Can you drive a standard?
Speaker 10: It took me a few years to figure it out, but yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 6: Have you guys ever got to the point in a certain car where with the exception of getting into first gear, you can shift through.
Speaker 2: The gears without hitting the clutch you just use? Isn't that cool?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 2: And it's smooth, It's really smooth. That's got to be Is that good for the car? There's no problem there.
Speaker 7: As you know what you're doing, you're not hitting them, You're fine. Yeah, the warning curve is probably where you're going to start tearning stuff up.
Speaker 2: And how long? If you're really good at a clutch and you have a new vehicle like my buddy does, can that clutch last two hundred thousand miles? A clutchback can last a long Really, you guys have ever worked on one.
Speaker 7: I had a Ford truck that I got almost three hundred thousand miles out of one.
Speaker 2: Three hundred thousand miles on one clutch.
Speaker 1: I didn't smoke them.
Speaker 2: I was teaching Suzanne how to drive her first car, which was a little Honda Civic and it was a Standard, and I was a complete moron. I got in front of the car. She's in the car, and I'm like shifted in gear and I was trying to show her how to go into reverse. Why I'm standing in front of the car, I have no idea, But of course it goes into first and she hits it and I end up on the hood of the car. I will never do that again. I will never do that again. Did you guys teach your kids how to drive a stick, get on shift? You did?
Speaker 10: And I told him absolutely. I taught him how to change tire and how to shift and how to drive a stick.
Speaker 6: I don't think my kids have ever drove a I don't think they've ever driven a car that's a standard. But both of them can drive motorcycles all day long, which of course you shift, so I would.
Speaker 2: Assume it's the third pedal. Though they kiss them, it is the third pedals. In fact, some people use both feet, which is kind of which is kind of bizarre.
Speaker 1: Also, it's extra security when you have a stick, you know, some millennial security system.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they can't.
Speaker 1: They can't steal it because they can't drive it.
Speaker 2: You know who wasn't it? It might have been Hondai. That one guy was bringing it up where they could steal the Hondis with like a screwdriver, and they were like saying, the best thing out there is those things you attached to the steering wheel, the clubs, the clubs, because literally, you can't steal a car with one of those on there.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 7: It just takes more effort, probably a lot more. It's it's more of a de turrent than anything else, like.
Speaker 2: Having a dog, versus your neighbor doesn't.
Speaker 7: Two side by side vehicles, if you see one has a club on it and the other one doesn't, which one do you think you're more likely to steal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the one without the club, of course. Yeah, that's nuts. Do you guys in general like what you do most of the time?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I think any job you have things you just really hate.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean you're you know, you're in your sixties. You ended up with automotives your entire life. I mean you must like it to a degree. Do you ever think back on Kevin and go, I wish I want this direction? Or you just love automotive?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I like what I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like, you know, there's freedom to it. There's you know, it's it's it's more outside than it is, like an office building, and you know it is your hip.
Speaker 2: Ho whole day at shared and you're up front and your guys you're doing all the repaassion force. So but you will you go rent still?
Speaker 1: No, I don't rents, but I just supervised kind of you know, what are you doing and why are you doing that? That kind of thing.
Speaker 2: How about writing up tickets?
Speaker 6: You plan service manager a lot yeah, if he lets me. And then Jeff, you literally do I see. I mean you've got great text there. You've had the same text forever I met him. But I mean you pretty much do all the estimates, don't you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know what I'm I've got a guy right now that you know, I'm trying to teach him a little bit more on the computer so that times like or ai I'm here or you know, I'm on vacation whatnot. It's a little bit cumbersome right now. So getting him familiar with the software, getting him familiar with creating tickets and pricing and everything else, and.
Speaker 2: You guys, rebuild right there on site, build right.
Speaker 1: There on site. Correct.
Speaker 10: I've assumed the questions you asked, Jeff, what or you will bring up the fact that there's a car with a club and one with that one?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 10: Okay, So here's another question for you. You go to the airport, there's two airplanes. One goes to TSA, one doesn't. Which one you're gonna choose?
Speaker 1: I think TSA is a joke.
Speaker 10: I don't care you you would really go without the TSA.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't even understand the question. One is screened and one is not screened. Oh you mean you either go through the security or not or not. Well, I'd pick to go through security.
Speaker 10: I would too. Yeah, I mean as much as we an odd question though, Well no, But because he was just saying which he would choose. So the point is we all complain a bit about the the TSA, but if we had our choice, I know which line I would go.
Speaker 2: But how does that go back to the club.
Speaker 10: Well, because he's saying a choice is went to two choices, So I'm just giving him.
Speaker 2: Do you know what the club is?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's the thing you put in assume with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, say you can't turn it?
Speaker 6: I got I get it all right, listen three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay until you're content.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance, pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 3: Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 14: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Wow.
Speaker 2: We have an interesting behind the scenes today. If you miss the YouTube, you got to go back and look at it. Someone got me sweetye Pies their name. They got me raging behind the scenes. They didn't like the.
Speaker 6: Story about the bad cop in Parker I talked about who took his own life after selling assault weapons and kits to make guns fully automatic and silencers to every bad guy he could find in Sweetie Pie didn't like it.
Speaker 3: You know what, Sweety Pie, go to hell?
Speaker 2: How's that for you?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I can rant and rave all I want. It is, it's the way it is. I don't like people that do that. I don't like people selling machine guns to bad people on one side of the day and then on the second half of the day.
Speaker 8: What do they do?
Speaker 2: They're a cop? Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? You want that kind of person walking around when you got kids four homes down like I did. It's his own problem. He had his own demons. Sweetie Pie or sweaty. I digress now now to get really fired up. Steve's on. He's got a problem with American Restoration. Steve, I'm not sure what else to tell you, but I'm gonna go ahead and let you talk.
Speaker 15: Well, I'd like to talk to you off the air if at all possible.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, I'll make it one more shot. But my god, every message you leave here or there is it eleven forty five at night, and Steve, I'm gonna be honest. I will talk to you after the show. Steve, you texted me in eleven forty five last.
Speaker 15: Night, that's when I got off work.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, why don't you wait till the morning when I'm up. I'm wondering if my kids weren't an accident or something. Look, man, I'm just frustrated that every piece of communication we get from you is past eleven forty five, and I'm gonna take it to one more step. But yes, I will talk to you and continue to try to help you. But in all Honestyve, man, what Rock said, what Rock said in that last text, and that we're talking about American Restoration. That last offer he made I do not think is a bad offer. In a million years, Steve, and for people out there because they have no context to what the hell we're talking about. Steve hired American Restoration, and there's a lot to the story. It all started a year and a half ago. There's other contractors involved at Steve's suing, and then it came back to American Restoration a year and a half. He basically gave them fifteen thousand or sixteen thousand dollars down and he's not happy with what the pricing is and the timeframe. Apparently Rock didn't start exactly when he was supposed to and put the guy off. Steve has his side of the story. But Rock came back today and I'm going to read everybody out there that's listening what Rock had to say. And I read this to you guys this morning, going do you think this is a fair offer?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 3: Let me go ahead, prefer me.
Speaker 2: Ask the question, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 15: Why in the world because he's still continuing.
Speaker 11: He knows he has a upset.
Speaker 3: Customer because he put people.
Speaker 6: If you ask Rock dat and I have Kelly trying to get Rock on, and hopefully Kelly gets him on.
Speaker 2: But of course we're right at the end of the show. But no, I'll tell you why, because he said he has people he set aside for your job. He said he has already done stuff on your job. He said he has already talked to the building department and the permitting stuff on the job. I know you're gonna say none of that's true, Steve. I know you're gonna say none of that's true.
Speaker 4: Who has to build out there?
Speaker 2: I'm putting them on hold. Look, man, here, you know what I'm gonna do, just to be fair and honestly, I think it's good radio. Steve. I'm gonna give you forty five seconds and I'm gonna shut up. Say whatever you want. Then I'm going to read everybody what Rock had to say. But go ahead, please.
Speaker 15: Well, first of all, the deal with Plumbline, I didn't take a bit over the phone. I met with one of their texts with Plumbline number one, number two. Rock got the money on February twentieth. He said he had people standing by. He's gonna bring a dumpster, fortify and all that.
Speaker 9: He goes with me for over two months and then it comes back.
Speaker 15: He wants four thousand dollars on top of fifteen grands to do a gas line pressure test, which has already been done signed off on by the building department. And then he wants an une five grand a smoke test. And I talked to Clumbline about that's a test. He's not going you'll need a smoke test, We need a pressure test. And that's when he caughted to those prices for fifteen hundred for both tests. So I don't know what Rock is doing.
Speaker 2: All right, that's forty five. Now I'm going to put you on holden. I'm going to put context in everything that I've heard on Rockside One. We're talking about a house. It got destroyed, so they're building it back from scratch. It had to do with a fire or an electrical fire or something. The house is burned down that there's nothing basically left of it. Other contractors are involved.
Speaker 6: In order for Rock to come in, he needs to do certain tests, and one of them to rebuild it and be responsible in rebuilding your entire house.
Speaker 2: We're not talking about going in and putting in a floor, but to rebuild your entire house. He nor most people that I know are not going to do it and take responsibility for it. If they don't do a pressure test or a smoke test, or an electrical test or a plumbing test.
Speaker 3: Or whatever they need to do.
Speaker 2: They're going to rebuild it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: Listen, that's where Rock's coming from. And I've tried to tell you that one hundred times. I understand you're frustrated. But what I don't get, Steve, is after Rock texted this, why you wouldn't go this way? You're ready, everybody. I want you to know what Rock said, and I'm going to hold him to it, like you can't believe. Mister, I'm not going to say his last name will do the job. If you're not one hundred percent satisfied in the end, we will refund every dime. If we miss one scheduled date without proper notification, we will quit and refund every dime. We will even go live on the air if that happens and admit we're failures. We just have to run the job with our people. He does not want now that was the text. Now it's me again, Steve. He doesn't want you to use people outside of people he trusts. He is the general contractor to rebuild it. Because you can have a test done for five hundred dollars or ten thousand dollars cheaper somewhere else. That doesn't That has nothing to do with Rock. You signed an agreement with Rock to rebuild your house. He's got to take sole responsibility.
Speaker 2: If something goes wrong and the electrical wasn't done in the house burns down, that's on Rock. If you don't want him to pull permits, or if you don't want him to use his electricians that he trusts and knows that, that's not fair of you. Why did you even enter into it with them? Steve? Why did you choose Rock to begin with?
Speaker 15: This man promised me he was going to take care of everything, no big deal. I trusted him, and he turned around and ghosted me. And he's been he's it's been awful.
Speaker 10: I mean, he's just Steve.
Speaker 2: Steve. After I just read what I did, let me ask you something. If you don't think, if you don't think, I to put him on hold again. If you don't think he's gonna show up, my god, you're gonna have everything done for free, and he's going to refund anything you spent with him. Think about that. If he doesn't show up on time, That's what he said. If he gives you a date and doesn't tell you he's not going to show because there's some emergency or something, and just ghost you. You'll get a full refund. And then my favorite part about that text, and I think you're really glancing over it. I really think you are My favorite part the very first sentence will do the job if you're not one hundred percent satisfied in the end, meaning after your house is rebuilt.
Speaker 6: It's like a four hundred thousand dollars project, will refund every dime. Guys, I'm sorry you've heard from him. You haven't heard from Rock. I was trying to get him on, but he's not on what I'm Kevin. As a businessman, Jeff is a businessman. There's a couple things here. One I'm going to say this.
Speaker 2: If I was Rock Steve, I would refund your fifteen thousand in run like hell.
Speaker 6: You have two lawsuits against the last two people you hired. If I was Rock and I told Rock this, I would refund your money and get the hell out of town, simple as that, and I'd probably thank God for it. But that's not on the table. I have no idea why Rock doesn't want to go down there. But after hearing that first sentence again, what do you guys think, honestly, do you think Rock's just a horrible guy here? You think Steve's a little off?
Speaker 2: I mean, tell me, I want to.
Speaker 1: Hear it, not knowing either one of them, just knowing the conflict, and he's not happy with Rock. Why would Rock want to keep eating it?
Speaker 2: For the life of me, I have no idea. I wouldn't and I haven't done a commercial for Rock for three or four months, never had any problems with Rock for I don't know five years.
Speaker 1: I'm not even saying either one of them is the problem. They're not right for each other.
Speaker 2: They are definitely not right for each That's where I.
Speaker 1: Would you know, it's not worth any amount of money to do something wrong and then piss everybody.
Speaker 2: Jeff, what do you think now?
Speaker 1: I'm run along those stand the lines. I mean, we've all had problem customers.
Speaker 2: We've all had problem customers, and we've all dealt with problem contracts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you to your confident in the job.
Speaker 2: You know you can do the job.
Speaker 1: That parts not a problem.
Speaker 6: He's almost Rocks almost taking it too personally. At some point, Hey, I want to know from you, Dragon, what do you think.
Speaker 21: I think that that deal from Rock is absolutely insane. No matter what Rock's gonna do, Steve's gonna be pissed and Rock's gonna lose his ass. There's no ways as a business owner, Rocks should be doing this.
Speaker 2: I think that first paragraph is insane to put up. I am very glad you pointed that out.
Speaker 6: And I'm going to talk to Rock afterwards, because to say, if you're not one hundred percent satisfied in the end, will refund every dime.
Speaker 2: But Steve, he's asking to lose. He is half a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Steve's telling him before they start that he doesn't even want him.
Speaker 11: To do it.
Speaker 2: Steve, I would get that in writing. Listen, man, I would get that in writing.
Speaker 6: And I'm going to hit up Rock one more time and I'm going to tell him exactly what I just said on air. I think he's crazy for not refunding you.
Speaker 15: You know, when I told him about the Plumbline deal and all that, He's like going.
Speaker 2: I'm just Steve, you know what. I don't want to go down memory lane with you anymore. I just told you I talked if I got to hear about what you don't like about him anymore? What good is that? I'm trying to get to an end to this man. I'm trying to get to an end. I know you're pissed. I know you're pissed that he's breathing right now. How's that? I know you're pissed.
Speaker 3: Period, end of story.
Speaker 2: But you're not listening either, Steve, You're not if you can get that in writing besides the text and him to sign off that if you're not one percent garn paid at the end, he'll give you a full refund. You're crazy. You're crazy, and he's crazy to sign something like that.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two