Speaker 1: Hey, what's good is your boy? Jid?
Speaker 2: What what's good? Everybody? This is what's good?
Speaker 1: This glow really and you're checking out the Cruise Show podcast. Make sure to subscribe rate and sure let's go.
Speaker 2: Real Boston Richie on the Cruise Show. Let's get it. We're here shopping it on me.
Speaker 1: What's up with yo?
Speaker 2: Man? Shout the DJ fuse for that intro? Right there?
Speaker 1: Man, for sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, catalog crazy Man, Sure you got energy drink, got energy drink Selsias for sure. Man, long night in the studio last night.
Speaker 1: Put me on something new right here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Man, long night in the studio, Night in the studio. Yeah. Album on its way coming out Friday, Yeah, Friday, twenty four songs. Right, So you you've been, uh, you've been living in the studio. You've been getting your mail.
Speaker 1: At the studio show every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What's the longest you've stayed in the studio? You know, I've heard I hear stories about people staying in there for weeks.
Speaker 1: Man, the longest I probably stayed in the low over twenty four hours though, But that's like no leaving though, leaving like, yeah, I ain't leave by to at all, Not one time. I stayed in, I went to sleep, woke back up, like, didn't leave it all. Wow.
Speaker 2: I remember when I like, nah, I know something, you know when I worked in Vegas, I lived in Vegas. I did that at a strip club once. Honestly, Nah, came out the next day dogs, you know, living life, living life. Man, I fell asleep, woke up, I had some wings. I'm to try to do that. Then I went with the word you feel me, I'm to do that twenty four songs?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Why twenty four songs?
Speaker 1: And I got a couple of bangers that I already dropped that I had to put on there, okay, and then it's like the rest of them, man, I haven't dropped in like a year really, so I really just felt like, man, why not? Like and then me, I just I tried to do it in a way of like, I'm a big consumer music too, so you know what I'm saying, Like I run through music fast, so I kind of wanted to get my fans some the hold on to you, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So you're thinking, like the consumer, Yeah yeah, shutting yourself in the right for sure, Yeah no, And you gotta flood the streets what we got.
Speaker 1: To get to is music. I've made new music every day, so it's like it's better than me holding it in my phone.
Speaker 2: Just how do you feel when someone says you don't you can't release that just yet, or you should wait.
Speaker 1: They don't really feel good because it's like I'm like, I know when somebody drop it album, like I might be through with it and within a month or two, because if it's good music, I'm gonna play it all day. And I mean, if you ever FaceTime me people like man, you always in the car, Like I'm always in the car every day when you call me, no matter what time. So it's like I listen to music back and back and back and back like so like within a month too much. It's like I brought on plage all mind. I'm looking for new music, you know what I'm saying. So I try to think like that, like how I like to listen to music.
Speaker 2: Na that things that that keeps things interesting and.
Speaker 1: Fresh right for sure?
Speaker 2: Nah? Man, that's that work.
Speaker 1: How do you speak of work? Yeah?
Speaker 3: How did you work your way into the streets? What do you think was that component for you?
Speaker 1: That bro?
Speaker 2: Like you flooded the streets what was it?
Speaker 1: Was it consistent? See?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 1: Just music?
Speaker 2: The mess?
Speaker 1: I mean I think that is. I think that it is like this, like I like music like but it's it's not that. It's not just that I do music. I'm a fan of my music, so I might push somebody to drop some music, and then I listen to my music as from a fan perspective. So I'll be like, damn, man, it's time for me to make some new music. I'm tired of this now. So I literally go make music for me, like for me to listen to how I won't Like I'm my own artist, favorite artist. So I be like, damn, it's time for me to drop my own little mix tape for myself. So that's how I stay recording, because I actually go record music and then I play it back Like God, damn, how I said that? How I even made that up? So excited to hear my own music, like I'm excited to like damn, I wonder when I'm gonna go to the studio of the night and make you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, would you say you're inpatient?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know it all depends on like whatever the situation is.
Speaker 2: I stay impatient.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: Yes, like, what are we doing right? We were waiting on many. I'm on TikTok and I see you living life dancing right and you're dancing around your your your mayback truck and it's key the fuck up? Yeah, bro, I would be on the phone looking for someone to fix it. You're on TikTok having them having fun with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy. Yeah, it's kind of like I'm make that truck now. I'm kind of one of the person that like I use it. I use even as bad as opportunities. You know what I'm saying, Like I don't be trying to sit back and like I might do that, and I'm be like, man, how can I gain from this situation? You know what I'm saying, Like I wanted no type of persons.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm like, at one point, he's got to get on the phone with a collision center. We gotta figure this out.
Speaker 3: We got to get this stick driving the beam with a crack windshield?
Speaker 2: Are you really? I mean, what's that about had time?
Speaker 1: I haven't had time, and I drive it on the weekends and it's time like my maybe Trump been probably scratched up for like two months now, but I ain't have time to go home and fix it, like I got the people ain't knowing it to come, but I just ain't had time take my truck over here. It's just in the garage just seeing I ain't have time. It's just too much for me right now. I ain't got no time to do it at all.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I've never had anyone keep to you know, key the car, you know what I mean. I don't know. I don't know what it takes to get to get someone to do that.
Speaker 1: That was my first experience that traumatic was that let's talk about it. It's kind of traumatic, Like it was one of those situations like it wouldn't even Yeah, it was one of the situations like yeah, people really like that, like really doing this for real life. And then they had me at first come like because like when it happened, they left my truck somewhere else, like and I had that my phone was there. I had to call my other people like hey man, go on this app and and find out where the location of the car. So my mama located the car. She found it. Wow, and my mom was like, oh my god, I'm like what what she's like me keyed up someper bad. So my mama was mad. So I'm like what the fuck. I'm like, y'all really can't doing this for real in real life. So I'm like, man, it's crazy. And I had not seeing it until like two days later and I went home and see him.
Speaker 3: Like, so your mother helped you find she righty died?
Speaker 1: You think your mom is your mom? Like, yeah, no, my MoMA like my mama like I got, I got the type of parents like growing up my well, my mama would never really streak my dad though, like I had. I had my hypotype daddy like me and my brother couldn't even go out the yard like oh yeah, like everybody in the neighborhood to come to our house. My dad ain't even play that. But it's like we we like cool that respects him. So it's like as we got older, he became like my mom and dad are like cool, like I can call him like they like my friends. Like, but it's the respect that that they installed us from you. We don't respect our parents at all. We won't bleeding it at all. But like my mom, my dad, they like my best friends though, So was like I'm comfortable with telling them anything. Rather it's embarrassing, Like I got that type of relationship with him.
Speaker 2: Man, that's such as a kid. Kid, they saw you can talk to us about anything.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, for sure. But growing up, my dad ain't playing the radio like we got whoopings. We like he was screaking. He ain't play that, man, what you're dunking about. My dad used to be in jail like we used to be like you know, my dad was going so we would get away with with my mom. My dad used to call home, get on that phone, but phone the whole house screened up like we had that type of Yeah, that's type of dad.
Speaker 2: He's like John Gotti dog, even from the phone, straightened off the whole I don't sit down screened up like that's right, Nah, that's I mean. I think that's love now, right Nah? Man, that's love yo. So what made you drop help me ship? Man?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, it was like I know I know that day I recorded it though I was going through something with a female. Though I know that for sure, I was going through it. So it's just one of them day, you know, like I'm kind of like in the mold. But I'm kind of like area a little bit too. But I recorded that though, and then I end up, you know, I ride folers and stuff. So I broke my phone right on my foiler. I got a new phone, but I never had went back got my music back from an engineer that I had just recorded. Like, so I kind of like, you know, I stay in the studio area that I record new music. So I just kept doing what I'm doing. So probably like seven months passed by and I literally completely didn't know I made that song, like it was just something I ain't nobody who was slanding in the car. One day my brother played it and you know, like we was on the way to Atlanta and my brother paid it. We woke up like the whole call. Like even me, I was probably like, man, what the hell what this is right here?
Speaker 2: Right right right?
Speaker 1: So you know, my brother like, man, this this that phone right here. This is what I played my this's my music right here. This is my song. Yeah, so you know we were playing I'm like, damn when I recorded is you know I don't hit enginet. Yeah, I recorded a little while back, but that same exact day I heard it. We literally went to shooting the video that exact like, nah, that's how and that's the video we see now, Yeah, that's how I had. That's such. That's how the impact was on us, like how it is on everybody else, That's how it was on us. To in the car so bo. We went to shoot match exact night, and it's like it was just meant it was.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, bro, if you forgot you recorded it.
Speaker 1: I forgot. I ain't having in my files and nothing. I ain't listen to it. No, I ain't know the song and none of that.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And that goes back to your point, like you're a fan of your music. So it provoked that feeling and it did the whole car like that. You know, I'm looking, I ain't know the lyrics, remember, none of that. I'm like, I'm literally in the car like, man, what the when I made this?
Speaker 1: Like so it was like it was kind of that blessed feeling like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it hit so hard that you have to film the video immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like we got to get He drove my brother camera man for probably six seven hours to meet us in Atlanta and shot it was shooting that same as that night.
Speaker 2: Nah, that's man. That's that work, man. And what is it about gas stations that you embraced so much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, like like when you from my city, like my city, you know we from I'm from Tallassic, So it's like if you ever come to our city, like that's where we hang at, like when the clubs let out before the clubs, Like, man, we at the corner stoves, like you know, we grew up knowing the people who own the store, so they've been knowing us ten years and plus. So it's like it's good when we pull up. They know when we pull up, like, man, it ain't no, ain't nothing going on in legal, like we're gonna hold it down. We're paying for people gas. And also like they embrace us like you know what I'm saying, So it ain't nothing for us to call up and be like, hey man, I'm goin to drop the location to the store. We offen to pull up over here. They cool with it because like they respect it like that. But that's how we hang in our city, Like we hang at the corner stoves, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything you need is right there, right yeah right. I thought it was like foreshadowing or like like a like a symbol because there's like there's gas and oil here, just where the money at, Like I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Just like after the club, that was everybody rushing at right, a rushing to the store to get a good part.
Speaker 3: Crazy said, I thought that they were just flexing the gas prices.
Speaker 1: If you go to my city, if you were ever looking for the hangout females or anything with emotion at you or nearest coner stove, like running with it dog gonna be it's gonna be packed up. That's the club us like the right.
Speaker 2: Other than other than that, describe where you're from and what kind of place it is, and maybe a warning, man.
Speaker 1: Warning, warning, just know where you're at. Right, warning is don't go through F s U F L you speeding and none of that. They're gonna get you.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get you.
Speaker 1: But other than that, man, the city man, you know, like we small you know, country town, you know, everybody stick together, everybody know. Everybody was like, we just do what we do, We do what we can do. Fee me just to make it happen, like no matter what we're doing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was talking the money long and you know she was telling us where she's from, and how she's eating squirrel and so have you have.
Speaker 1: You done something? I never did squirrel, most I think I did. I ate I ate deer before.
Speaker 2: Deer, Yeah, deer. It seems kind of popular tastes like.
Speaker 1: Like regular, like it was a deer sausage, but like regular than me. Yeah, but I ain't really getting too oh I ate gayor too before gain?
Speaker 2: What's that like?
Speaker 1: I ain't a lot of gator tastes, just like chicken. Ain't no different tastes.
Speaker 2: It with any any kind of sauce on like.
Speaker 1: You know what the sauce.
Speaker 2: I can't think of what, like like a hot saucer is cocktail sauce?
Speaker 1: No, damn, what's the sauce? I can't think.
Speaker 2: Buffalo barbecue, no blue cheese, honey, mus.
Speaker 1: I said, Now, I take it like chicken, exactly like chicken, wow to me, right right exactly like grown up. But I couldn't eat a lot of because I like I was just thinking like like yeah, and then it kind of got the feeling like I can't eat Yeah.
Speaker 2: Once you start thinking about it, you're like, I never mind, I tried it. I'm out now you say it tastes like chicken.
Speaker 3: It reminds me like growing up, like you know, bro, your parents tell you everything's chickens just.
Speaker 1: So you can eat it, and they would have thought you that. I probably would have ran through it. But when I like, no one is gave him like.
Speaker 2: Nah, that's how I started eating calamari. They were like, oh, it's chicken. Yeah, like chicken and squid right yo, man Yo Boston Richie, the album hits Friday. Is there a song that that that you really connected with? I know you connect with all your songs and you're a fan of all your music. Is there is there a song or two that you can't wait for people to to hear?
Speaker 1: Man? You got someone that like no Peace, No Peace and wait for you all to hear that, man, Like, that's one of the songs where I put my anger in. That's that's the title no Peace like, And that's that's really like how that song is no peace at all? Like the time to describe the song, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Did you have to think back or relive anything to really go through it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? For shore, Like I put how I felt into that song, Like you know what I'm saying, like, but that's more of one of them up tempos, like you know what I'm saying, one of them type of vibes. But I put how I felt into that, like you know what I'm saying. That's why I think like this album more heartfelt to me all my other albums, because like you know, my last album, like I kind of let the label pick through that and then you know what I'm saying, Public Housing one for you, Yeah, you know, Public Housing one. I kind of felt like I was at my best. I was a new artist. I wasn't going through nothing. I was in that mold. But this one, this like this showing my progress, This showing the things I don't been through, the good thing and most most a lot of the bad bad things like even like stuff people be scared to talk about I'm talking about in this album and know what I'm saying. So this is the one, Like I know it's gonna be that They're gonna be like, Okay, wha man, you see him coming from this to this now?
Speaker 2: So's if you're you're evolving in this project. No, for sure, we're gonna see it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: What about the song Cardi.
Speaker 1: Cardih that's one of them, turned up. That's turned up. Yeah, that's turned up right there, they're gonna like that.
Speaker 2: I want to hear that, like that card.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping to get play with Cardi the remixed that right there, Let's get it, let's get manifesting that. That's right.
Speaker 3: Going back to No Piece, you said you know you're angry, right, Yeah, you call out anybody in that song.
Speaker 1: Yes, you drop some names.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely. Rap beef is it personal?
Speaker 1: The personal I don't do rap beef is personal, like for sure, because I don't went through some things or I just let a lot of things slide and and I don't know, I don't that just was through growth, like trying to grow as a person. But it's like I ain't turning no eye to it, Like I ain't turning a blind eye to how I feel like, especially if I don't know a person and I feel like a person was speaking on me or speaking on my pain or something that made me feel the type of way, I ain't turning a blind eye to it. And I'm only gonna stripe when somebody striped me, you know, Like I ain't gonna just never pick a person to be like to pick on that because they buy I ain't I'm gonna do that like from nobody. But when you come for me, you open that door, like you open that door for me. Yeah, I got the answer, you feel me.
Speaker 3: So looking at it closely, would you say no, piece was like a therapeutic track because you release.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna get you out of your body too. Five. Yeah, it's gonna be one of those knuck you you ever heard of? Knuckle?
Speaker 2: Oh Ship? That means it's gonna be fighting the club.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get it off your chance.
Speaker 2: When that's right, that's that's that's a throw back. You're gonna feel chair.
Speaker 1: Flying in the Who g up listening to Oh Ship? Man, I ain't a lie if I'm talking about like with my parents, man, Marvin Gaye like people like that?
Speaker 2: Hey, then like the radio, listening to the radio growing.
Speaker 1: Up applies man t pain people like that. He ain't twins? You know that stuff I heard on the radio growing up? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So you grew up with like two thousand and six, two thousand and seven, something like that. I'm like, yeah, something like that. We're all still growing up, you do. We're all even like for the first time dogs, We're about to suck up.
Speaker 1: No, oh yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 2: You know. I mean she already got a big glow on the project.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, you really your big glass dog. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, was that a session or where are we sending verses back in session?
Speaker 1: I was sion. I kind of like that modal, like because I like to feel the energy, Like I like to feel the vibe, like you know what I'm saying. You might send me a verse and it might just be like okay, you know what I'm saying, But if it's in the studios, like, man, I got to do my big one because we right here, the vibe, the love, the energy going around.
Speaker 2: You know, for sure, is there an artist that's no longer with us you wish were still here?
Speaker 1: Man? I rask the piece of rich Homecorn for sure, Man, I gotta do that because he was a big my cousin that passed away, that who influenced me the rock. He was a big fan of rich Homy family. That's who put me on top of rich Homi. You know what I'm saying. So I know my cousin, he was still alive, he would have felt some type of way about that for real. Wow, yeah, for sure, Like what was, and then it's so crazy. Like when I first heard of rich Homecorn, I was in jail, so I used to call When I used to call home, I played that some type of way. I was on the I was on the way to court run there and I heard it on the radio. So you know, I called him my sister, like, man, hey, who is this right here? Played this for me? So like that's like yeah.
Speaker 2: For sure, Yeah, man, that's love rest in peace for sure. Man, Yo, Real gear? What's up with it?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: Real gear? Is that your real gear? Real gear?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: It's a clothing line? So you got you got businesses and songs?
Speaker 1: You you?
Speaker 2: You forgot about that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I heard that was the thing that's not you?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: I guess it's a clothing line. I thought you were tied to it. No, it's real ninety two three. We can collab on they got. I don't know. I don't know. I just honestly read that like real gear was something that you were tapped into. It was like a clothing line or like something that fake fake news is there is there is there business ideas that you have that you want to venture off to.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I want to get involved in like I'm actually like in the process of right now of like I want to open up my own clothing store because like, outside of music, that's what I love to do. Like, I don't just want to be the type of person that like sell T shirts and like, you know, just merch regular merch. I literally literally wanted to design my clothes, like you know what I'm saying. That's it. So that's what I'm in right now kind of like so it's more fashion than yeah I want to get Yeah, I want to give into the fashion.
Speaker 2: Yeah I'd read that like putting your name on a T shirt is in fashion.
Speaker 1: Yeah nah noah no nah right, no, no, we can't agree on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you it's just it's got to be authent.
Speaker 1: I want to be off there and yeah, like me putting time into a meet these met me design on my own thing.
Speaker 3: You know, is there any brands that you you're kind of looking at, like as far as like a mood board, like a kind of like their direction.
Speaker 1: Ship man and me really like I ain't really like a person that like big on one designer, like I like all clothes, you know what I'm saying. Something like, I'm the type of person I feel like clothes express how i'm feeling, like, you know what I'm saying, Like if I this like they're like a regular jump suit right now, this is how I spress how I'm feeling. Like, I'm in I'm grinding right now. I'm in the mold, like you know what I'm saying. So it's like all type of stuff bagging clothes. It don't matter what it is like as long as it fit my swag. For that, I'm feeling like I'm gonna put it on. Okay, if it's a shirt out of Wallmark, you know what I'm saying. Oh yeah, that's gonna I like because I might cut it up a little bit. Jeans and cut it up and you might need some blissed jeans.
Speaker 2: But I don't pay for the wranglers.
Speaker 1: Bro. I'm that type of swagger like you will never know, like, yeah, I might take half somebody to pay for my row with some withn the designer. You just ain't gonna never know how right now.
Speaker 2: Man, that's that's an artist, yo. What's the vibe that you need in the studio?
Speaker 1: Ship me?
Speaker 2: Everyone needs some kind of surrounding, like.
Speaker 1: If I go to a studio, we'll just get some liquor or something just for the vibe. Like, but me, like what makes me go in the studio. What I need is like the perfect beats. And I'm gonna say perfect because I'm like a person that like I don't been in the studio for two or three hours trying to find the right beat. You know what I'm saying. I just ain't when he'll beat him like old, pull it up like a beat out of like I just knowing the good beats and they just talked to my soul and I'd be like, damn that beat right there is that's it right now? Pull that up right there. So I'm like a big critic on when it comes to beats, Like so.
Speaker 2: You're very picky, And then I got it though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very pick because like a lot of people are, like hear somebody come out with a song might be a bang, and they're trying to chase the vibe that I don't like that I like for a person. I tell my arm producers and stuff like, man, when you make beats, just be creative and just keep a new vibe coming. Because it's always about what's next, not what's not like, so you got to keep on trying to stay ahead of what everybody else is doing. So we could just create new sounds and new vibes and you feel me.
Speaker 2: That's it, man, Yes, sir. How do you feel about what's going on in the world today as far as the presidential election?
Speaker 1: Man, it's crazy. Wow, that's crazy. It's crazy. I just be sitting back watching it. I can't vote, so I don't know. Yeah, I'll just be sitting back watching it though. If you could, would you, I couldn't say. If I could, I would if I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a tough calls, a tough call.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, man, I feel about it just watching it from the side, Yeah for sure. Yeahs like, yeah, that's it for the best.
Speaker 3: Up sometimes too, dog and certain environments where it's like we never really see we don't ever feel like that direct help sometimes yeah, so we're like.
Speaker 1: So I just be wishing for the hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like man, And it can feel like our vote doesn't matter, like what's my vote going to do? Right? Yeah, but like we still gotta you know, we still got to do our duty if we can. I believe you feel me, Richie Rich hits all streaming platforms Friday, twenty four songs. Yo, when people are dropping thirteen song projects, you got twenty four arms. Let's get it, bro.
Speaker 1: Keep that music coming, yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, I'm sure you got three four more albums ready to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, no jo come back after this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, after this, No new sounds. Gotta keep feeding the street. Not for sure, man, congratulations man, seeing this any time?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 2: It's love. Man, Let's get it man. Cruise Show Real ninety two to three. Hey Jacking Rich from The Cruise Show. Thanks for listening to The Cruise Show podcast.
Speaker 3: To make sure to subscribe, and hey, auto download so you don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: So so so so so