Speaker 1: This is the seventy seven WABC Mini cast which Lowry is the editor of The National Review. Does a great job. He's on Box News quite a bit more than me lately. Rich, Good morning, buddy.
Speaker 2: How are you good, Sydney.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 1: I don't remember if you and I approached this yet, or whether you've even written about it yourself, but there is more and more support for the mayor not to be anywhere near ground zero on nine to eleven.
Speaker 3: That support, just seeing you know, Rich.
Speaker 1: Is coming from the victims' families, which I don't know. I thought doctor that day was all about the politicians, city council people and others believe for some reason that he's got a right to be there.
Speaker 3: No he doesn't. No, No, he won. He's the mayor.
Speaker 1: He's got to do the budget, he's got to win the police department. There's a lot of stuff he needs to do as the mayor. Showing up at ground zero nine to eleven is not part of his quote job description. Whody Giuliani needs to be there, not Mom Danni. He was in Uganda, he was nine. So Julie Menin comes out and says he should be there, and I just ripped Julie menin a new Anus the first hour. But something tells me, rich you agree with the politicians or am I wrong?
Speaker 3: What do you say?
Speaker 1: He is?
Speaker 2: What he's thinking of me? He said, what guy do you think I am? Well?
Speaker 1: No, because no, no, I think you're a wonderful guy. You know that one of my best friends in the business. But you tend to line up with some of the you know, traditional thoughts and that type of thing. And I don't know what part of his job description says he needs to be at ground zero.
Speaker 3: Maybe you can tell me you're.
Speaker 2: You're really let me down here. So, because we have talked about this before and I agree with you, I don't think he should go. I think he just say the families don't want me there. I don't want to cause any distress or angst for the families on this day that's so painful for them. So I think they're about me. You know, I hate terrorism. But I'll just go see a matinee that that there.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is, right, go see go see Torah Torah Torah a great.
Speaker 3: Well. Elick told me that you said that you wanted them to be there. So whoa, whoa, whoa el Ellick.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa, that's disappointing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't don't disparage my relationship pured rich My god. So, now there's a new shikty here in the city. You like this, rich?
Speaker 1: So September tenth, the day before the UH. That day they put together this huge event for the firefighters families. You know, three hundred and forty three firefighters died that day at our stadium, John Katchumatiti Staten Island Berry Honk Beautiful stadium there on the water and the fire Commissioner's office, which is run by the mayor. Of course, they contact the families. They've cut down the hours from a four hour day to a two hour day, get ready for this, and they want the families to pre record their speeches to make sure they don't run long so the mayer can speak.
Speaker 3: Do you believe this?
Speaker 2: I do believe it. That's totally graceless, but totally what you'd expect.
Speaker 1: Right, come on, though, really, I mean nine to eleven, you're gonna do that and ruin that even the tenth for the firefighters.
Speaker 3: I mean, he has no haunt, this guy, none.
Speaker 2: Right, you're trying to get me to disgrace you something on something said, but you're not doing it.
Speaker 3: No good, I'm glad, I'm with you. Oh good, I love that. Good Now, I've always loved you. You know, you and I are very very close.
Speaker 1: But I didn't know because I've got very close friends people I really really love that. Not Juli men and but others that have gone the other way on this, and I just don't understand where they're coming from.
Speaker 3: They can't explain it to me to get a.
Speaker 2: Sense of how these people feel. Right, there was that event.
Speaker 3: Where was it?
Speaker 2: It was on a boardwalk, right, there's some police stay at the boardwalk and mom, Donnie, it was about two weeks ago. You see this, You know he got up and people were doing They just didn't They didn't want to hear from him, and they shouldn't have to.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that was on Staten Island. My friend Scott Libatos up with a heart attack that day. He had a literally, yeah, you got to.
Speaker 3: Run off the stage. He spoke for about fifteen seconds. So why would you want to do that again?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Exactly exactly? What is? What is everyone?
Speaker 3: What is the thought? Rache explained this to me, because you're much smarter than I am.
Speaker 1: I admit that what is a thought that because he won as mayor, that he's supposed to be or deserves to be or should be at every event.
Speaker 3: What is that thought?
Speaker 2: Well, mayors are usually at these events, right, so that's what they'll they'll argue, that's what your friend. I haven't seeing what she said, but I assume that's what your friend men and says. Right, the mayors go to this. He's mayor, so get over and he should go to this.
Speaker 3: Get over it.
Speaker 1: That's what Curtis Sliva said. Curtis Sliva, this loser man. He say he was a great guy. Now he's a complete loser. And I mean that in every respect. Seven percent in the election. I'd beating them so badly in the ratings. They took an hour away from him, my sweat guy. They put Mark Simon on at nine o'clock. I'm when he beat his ass too, and I like Mark. But this guy said that the families need to stop being sore losers.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I mean you should never talk about that about these families. Obviously unbelieved it defer to the families. They're the ones who've loved ones left and didn't come back. That day and for whom this day is so painful and meaningful. Just if they don't want you there, just just be graceful.
Speaker 3: Don't go That day he was nine years old. He was in Uganda. He didn't see the buildings fall. He didn't see young beautiful girls.
Speaker 1: Not did it matters but the gender of the ages, but people in general jumping out of those buildings because they would rather die that way than be burned to death by jet fuel. He didn't go to funerals like Woody Giuliani did a thousand of them.
Speaker 3: He didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: And he sits with people who say we deserved it. They took it back, but it's way too long for that. I think you'd agree with that. And even way past U sound piker. He just he just endorsed Chevalier, who wipes her dirty hands with the American flag.
Speaker 3: M I mean, what not? And you know, don't.
Speaker 2: Forget well don't like America.
Speaker 3: No, they don't.
Speaker 1: And when he came after me and started to cry, and that press conference and remember all that, and caught me in Islamophobe, he made up a whole story about how his auntie couldn't take the subway anymore.
Speaker 3: You remember all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it turned out his aunt was in Tanzania and his cousin didn't even exist. He actually used nine to eleven lied about it to do a story on islamophob Yet and Julie Mennan thinks he should be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, erasist story.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean there were some Sikhs who are uncomfortable right because they had big turbans. The cab drivers would have little signes I'm sekh. But there was a shockingly little, amazingly little, thankfully little anim is directed to the average Muslims after that horrific attack. Ye, none, they make it the story and smear reversal truth was totally typical of this guy and the world view he represents him.
Speaker 1: There were a couple of cab jobs that got punch across the face, like two or three.
Speaker 3: That's about it, Okay, ever happened? Yeah, stupid? All right.
Speaker 1: Let me get to uh Iran because I can't believe it's going into its seventh month and I don't know who to believe, but the channels, the big networks won't claim last night that his approval rating is down to thirty.
Speaker 3: Three percent, which is really bad. He had people there yesterday.
Speaker 1: He's showing them the Hellaport, He's showing them the new Grand ballroom and what he didn't want to talk about Iran all that much.
Speaker 3: You know my feelings.
Speaker 1: Loved Midnight Hammer, loved operation of Big Fury, but hate to disagree with Kat mcfallan. I don't know what the hell we've done the last couple of months. I know we're strangling them economically and Scott bestsint and I'm tired of that too. What's going on with this?
Speaker 2: I mean it could easily stretch into next year, right what was supposed to be is four to six week campaign.
Speaker 1: Well, let me stop you then if you're right about that, okay, you're going to tell me, and I respect you and trust you, if this does go that long, you're going to tell me that's not going to hurt us, if not kill us.
Speaker 2: Come November, it's definitely going to hurt and may kill. I don't know whether it's killed. I think the definition of kill. I don't know what your definition of kill is. Definition of kill is losing the Senate, and I think that's possible. I still don't think it's likely.
Speaker 3: But you're saying that because you think that losing the House is a vata.
Speaker 2: Company pretty much. Yeah, there was something I read the other day coming say, yeah, maybe it's like an eighty percent chance, so maybe I'll go there. Maybe there are twenty percent chance Republicans hold the House, but they're very likely to lose the House. And a lot of these Senate races in these red states from Texas to Alaska to Ohio to Iola, really close and I'm assuming Democrats, you know, won't sweep them all, but sometimes that's what happens, that every race tilts the same way right at the end. And if that happens, they're going to lose the Senate, and that would be a true debacle. And I don't know whether his approval rating is really a thirty three percent, you know, i'd want to talk to John McLaughlin, who may well be listening before I would say that. But there's no doubt this is exercised downward pressure on his approval rating, and that's the most important factor in a midterm election generally. So you got him under forty, that's that's a big problem. So this clearly, if he had it to do over again, that doesn't want That's not what happens in reality. But if he could, he wouldn't do it right, And that's kind of the olpimate.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know about Trump. He's he's not the type of guy to not do it. He probably would do.
Speaker 3: It, I know what you're saying, looking at the results.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't. He wouldn't do it before the midterms at least. Okay, if if you were to do it again, what do you do it before the midterms? I think he had no idea that this was where he'd be. And despite the fact that you know, he's projecting confidence the way he always does, there's no way he's not. Are you distressed about this?