Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. It is Thursday, May twenty second, Tim and I are coming to you from the Poker Grot studio mister mulletman over here, as you guys can see, hopefully at least on our fresh new video. This is kind of a test. Yeah, but also if it works, it's gonna be released, So that's a good thing. Maybe I should dress a little better. You look like a damn idiot for sure. So what we're gonna do today is we are going to run through some WSB predictions for the upcoming World Series of Poker that is now only a few days away. Starts on Tuesday, May twenty seven, so we are what five days away right now? You've been over there already. What's it look like? It? Does it look like you know when you move into a new house and stuff is like literally everywhere for a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly as that is described. Ye? Okay, good, good, good, good as always.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to subscribe to poker gro if you want to watch the twenty twenty five World Series at poker. There is gonna be some stuff on YouTube. There's gonna be stuff on Poker Grow. But if you want basically twenty four to seven access on demand live whatever it may be, poker Gro, a poker gro subscription is the way to go. I would use the Code podcast because that is going to save you twenty dollars on your first year of a new annual plan. And if you sign up for an annual subscription, you will be automatically entered to win a dream seat to the twenty twenty five PGT Million Dollar Championship, which is right here in the studio, actually right over there in the studio, but that will be happening at the end of the PGT season, competing for a million dollar prize pool. If you want to play free online poker, maybe do you want to freshen up for possibly playing in that PGT million dollar Championship. Check out play poker Go. With play poker Go, you'll get the thrill of authentic online poker anytime, anywhere. Deal yourself in now at play PokerGO dot com. All right, w s AP predictions, sir? Are you ready? Never never ready? Never ready? But I will I will admit that I'm fully unprepared for this as well. Okay, just because just trying to set up all this sort of stuff. Get ready, it's been a week whatever, but it is what it is. I think the first question that we have to hit on is something that we've already touched on once, but it's worth touching on again. We're probably gonna touch on it a few times throughout the summer. It's probably gonna be one of those topics that not only us, but several media outlets hit on multiple times. I'm sure the man, mister Phil Helmeth's gonna be asked, I'll say, a dozen times, maybe two dozen times over the summer. Is Phil Hellmuth gonna play the twenty twenty five ws BE main event? Of course, I mean, I'm right with you. I also think yes, yeah, I mean I think it's too big to miss, and he's got it. He's got an out as far as I'm concerned, Meaning when it comes to that time, he can be like, did you guys really think I was gonna miss the exactly the biggest event in the world, like YadA, YadA, YadA whatever, like you know, I mean, and honestly he should just do a day to entry and that's that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's not going to turn down being in the spotlight, doing his entrance like normal. But yeah, most likely I would expect the day two and then yeah, he does have those. He does have that backup plan of saying I.
Speaker 1: Was just drugging with you guys. Come on, yeah, you think you think you know? Mister miss you know is gonna miss the biggest event in the world, the one that I won way back when that I almost won multiple times. No, it's no, he's not missing it. And if he does miss it, I mean I'll be shocked, but I don't. I don't think he's gonna miss it. All right. Speaking of Phil Helmuth, let's stick on the poker brad himself. How many gold bracelets is he gonna win this summer? Is he gonna win any? In your head you are mister phil hammis I am wearing a Phil HOMEI shit, oh my god, I didn't even realize. Just get that, Jesus Lord.
Speaker 2: The head says no, but the hat says yes, he's gonna get one.
Speaker 1: I mean no zero. You say he's gonna get one. Yeah, okay, he's not gonna guess he's not going to get in Roy. I mean part of me says, now I know phil Hammyth has obviously made a career of crushing the World Series of Poker, and I know he's a very good player, right at least when it comes to like basic B threshold. Now, can he hang with some of the high rollers and whatnot? No, but he also kind of like skips those fields, right, Like he plays in the stuff that it certainly caters to his strengths, which I think benefits him. But One, it's very hard to win a bracelet, Okay. Two, I'm just going with the fact that if he is ultimately going to make a big stink about how long tournaments are, how tiring they are, how he's getting older, all this sort of stuff, then all right, maybe you're just mentally not ready for the summer ahead. And I'm gonna say that's gonna affect your game and you're not gonna win any bracelets. Now. Of course, if he does win a bracelet, amazing, right, But I'm gonna I'm gonna say no. I'm going to say no, he's going to be stuck for another year without winning one. So we'll see. But maybe we'll get a blow over two not on the list. Speaking of that, will we get a helmet blow up, and what I mean by that is like one that kind of goes viral within the space.
Speaker 2: I think you have to rework the question and say what date will we have with the fail helm with blow up?
Speaker 1: I think that's more important. We're definitely gonna have one on.
Speaker 2: It's probably gonna be when some idiot beats him in a hand with fourteen left in a.
Speaker 1: But I don't just I don't just want like a guy to beat him in a hand and he says a couple of things to him whatever I want, like full blow up, like full like ranting. Maybe doesn't have to be as crazy as that time in No Game in the Future when he threw the mic pack, but you know heih Sike spoke. We're kind of storming out of the set, like you know, something like that, you know, possibly like like one of those blow ups where people start questioning if he should be penalized. Like that's kind of a line, okay, you know, yeah, June twelfth day, June twelfth, all right, yeah, no big deal. We're like thirteen days into the wab boom. We're gonna be calling for half if you get a penalty. I think we'll have some verbal tie rades. I just don't think we'll go as far anymore. Like I feel like in kind of recent years he's kind of tiptotal a little bit towards it, but he ultimately hasn't got to the point where there's kind of that that outrage on social media within the community when I'd be like, hey, how come he doesn't get a penalty? What the heck is this? All that sort of stuff. So we'll have, you know, various tie raids. You know, he'll probably do some ranting, some some calling of names under his breath, but I don't think we're gonna get full Phil Helmuth blowout, So I'll say no to that one. Phil Helmuth is a former ws AP main event champion. Will we see a former man ement champion reach the final table of the WSP Man Event this year? Oh?
Speaker 2: I thought this was going to be of any pricelet event?
Speaker 1: Well I was. I changed it on the fly, and I was gonna then ask any final table after? So I'll say first man event, No, yeah, obviously, no, okay, now any final yes, Phil Hellmuth w eighteenth the price letter, Well, yeah, that tracks obviously, I would say, funny, I was the line's got to be like three and a half three and a half under. Not a lot of them play that much, but toking just Vegas main event. To clarify, Yeah, knock are doing it like all this other stuff, but like there's not I mean, they play, but like, okay, let's take I would probably start with like Chris Moneymaker because like pre Chris Moneymaker, they probably don't play a whole ton if at all, you know, like like look look pre Chris Moneymaker, Robert Varconi, huck Seed, like they don't even play, you know, for one event. But Chris Moneymaker, right, he plays a couple of events, but it's a couple you know. He like he kind of comes out, maybe does one kind of little stint, maybe goes back home, comes out for the main like that sort of thing. So it's not high volume. I think if someone like Greg Merson right also only comes out for like various stints at times, you know, a very good player, yes, but but doesn't put the volume in, then you have on the East Coast somewhere. So shed liquidity WSV dot com. Okay, we're not counting that's as final title. Oh no, no, these questions refer to only the live stuff.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just easier that way. Come on, either way, here's who I'm betting. I'm betting on Ryan Race, Joe mckaon.
Speaker 1: Is okay. Are they all going to be here playing like a full volume? I think so.
Speaker 2: Joe Hashim's gonna come out of play a few events, obviously, a.
Speaker 1: Few events, A few events. He's good. He's gonna play like three plow turns. He's good.
Speaker 2: He's not good that he'll find one of those. Obviously, Phil Helm with uh, you know, Jim Besh will play some of those mixed game ones that you know, and they get one hundred and thirty players, so much easier to make a fundampy that one. I like my three and a half, but I was taking too account online.
Speaker 1: I think somebody will, but I'm taking under on your three and a half. As it relates to the live realm, I think somebody will again make a final table live at the Way this year, but I think it's gonna be hard for you know, several of them, just because I don't think that the volume is there. You know, you even have people like Daniel Wineman recently responding to your tweet basically saying that like he's not playing the main event. Does that mean he's not playing at all? I mean he seems like a guy who was kind of trying to get his way out of poker to begin with. Yeah, and then he happens to rip off the main for ten million, and now it's just like, all right, get out of jail free cards. I got ten million dollars.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna whatever I want for the rest of you being a dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah for real, all right? What is the deepest a former w S A p main event winner will go in the main event this year? Is that final table? Is that final three tables? Top one hundred? Just in the money? What's it going to be?
Speaker 2: I'll take top hundred easily, top one easily easily.
Speaker 1: We should bet this stuff. I'm not taking top one hundred.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to think top twenty seven is pretty hot. But I'll take top one.
Speaker 1: Hundred, all right. I'm going top five hundred, okay, And I just don't think, you know, hard to just get the top one hundred of the made event. That is insane, insane? How many former mainument champions are gonna play twelve Yeah, it's a good. Yeah, Well, we think Helmut is gonna play, You'll probably get money Maker, You're probably get Jacobson.
Speaker 2: Jonathan Tomayo. Yes, yes, we're gonna rule that Wineman, right, that's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that's what. That's what he responded. By the way, everyone Tim has been putting out these like stats and stuff on Twitter one a day as it relates to the ever speak great stuff, absolutely great stuff. But but you put one out there about former main event champions like cashing the next year because and then Dan Weinman said like, I won't be busting. He basically was insinuating he's not playing the main event. He just sound like he was gonna win at all.
Speaker 2: No, but like it's yeah, well, Tomayo, Espen Karai, Damien Selas and Sound will play.
Speaker 1: Damon's loss might honestly be a lock for the top one hundred. He always runs deep stuff.
Speaker 2: He'll play right six, Queen Win seven McKee and a Jacobsen nine, Race Merson, that's up to eleven, Jaccatta twelve, Yang and Gold probably God Goal as.
Speaker 1: That new sponsorship. Yeah, right, so that means he should be in there. Money Maker fifty eight, it's more like eighteen probably because then you're gonna get some randoms, like you know, whoever that gets in money makers for sure usually plays Johnny Chamberry Johnson. Yeah, he didn't even name Helmut. We think he's gonna play, even though he said he wasn't gonna play. Does he play? Excuse me? He plays the main event at least? Yeah, I mean, I don't know, it's probably closer to eighteen nineteen something like that. What is the deepest a female player is going to go in the main event this year? Of course, last year we had Kristen fox and what was a twelfth, thirteenth something like that, super super deep almost made the final table. So how far is a female player going to run this year?
Speaker 2: Further than a main event champion? But top one hundred still.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got final three table? Whoa Okay. I think there's just a lot of really really really solid women who play poker these days, A lot of them, like I think, forefront of everyone's mind, as we just mentioned Kristin Foxen. But there are a lot of really really really efing good female poker players, like even ones that you don't necessarily know, like they kind of they get their time in the spotlight during the Ladies Championship. You watch that stream, you follow the coverage, and you're like, Wow, holy hell, Like this person has played extremely well, you know. So there's a lot of just really really good female poker players, and you know, I think that they can do extremely well in the main events. So I'm gonna go final three tables. And I'm also going to say it's probably gonna be someone we don't necessarily know about. I mean, maybe we've heard the name here or there, but it's not going to be not that it can't be a Maria j or Kristin Foxen, you know, those sort of big names. I just I think it's going to be more of an unknown female player who kind of has her breakout moment on poker's biggest stage. So That's what I'm going with there, Will any woman win an open field bracelet event? Yes, and know the Ladies Championship does not count as an open field No, this is alive. I'm still gonna say yes. I feel like we'll get one. I also say yes again going back to what I said about the waspy main event. There are just too many very good, capable, successful female poker players who can do it. You know, so I think that, yeah, we're we're going to see it happen, all right? Moving on, will or sorry? Who will be the top performing high roller across the series? Now, you and I talked a little bit before we hopped on air here. Top performing is kind of open to interpretation, you know. The way that I kind of classify it is like if you were to say, let's say, five, ten, fifteen years from now, oh, twenty twenty five, doubasp which high roller was the best or had the best series? Boom, you just named the person. Like That's kind of of how it's you know, and it doesn't have to be exact, but it can kind of be like you can you can make the argument in a way, you know. So that's what I'm going with there. I go a bit on film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I take my boy, a PGT boy Alex Foxen.
Speaker 1: Same. I got Alex Foxen too. He's been doing extremely well both on the PGT this season also now currently over in Triton, he's doing very well. He won an event already, He's had some deep runs, so I like that form as well. For Alex Foxen, you obviously know he's gonna put in the volume at the dovasit B he's going to play all all sorts of buy ins. I actually think that, you know, just going off what we talked about last time in that article for Polker dot Org, I believe he mentioned kind of along the lines of like a Philhamuth, you know, just hinting at sort of the stamina aspect, the health aspect of things, where he might focus a little bit less this year on smaller buying events and really focus towards the higher buying events and like, you know, just make sure that he's one hundred percent every time he goes into one of those big buy in field. So so yeah, I think Alex Foxon is gonna have a very good summer. And you know, of course he's an incredible player. So that makes sense. Of the top ten ranked PGT players right now, which I'm gonna rely on you to list them in a second, So pull up that list, mister PGT commissioner, Who's gonna be the best performer this wsop? So who do we got? Well? Current top ten?
Speaker 2: Eric Blair in order, Alex fox and China, Raim Kristen Foxen, Joey Weisman, Nick Schulman, Daniel Nogrando, Jesse Lernis, Shannon Shaw, and Jim Callapee. I'm gonna take Alex foxon again. You just gotta keep gonna keep betting on that man.
Speaker 1: I'm also taking Alex foxon again. I mean, how can you not if you name him already for the previous question, I think you have to name him right now as well. So Alex take a second person.
Speaker 2: Let's take a second person then, Okay, I'm gonna go with Jesse Linis, just because he's having a great just like Alex's great series of tried and doing really well. He's he's primed for another big world series. Shannon Shore good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's, you know, talking about form like he's been just crushing this year. So I expect Channon Shore to have a really really big summer. Predict one player to win multiple bracelets in twenty twenty five. I'm going to take a guy live only, live only, Buddy live only, this is rigged.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take a guy that is going to play the most events with the smallest fields and has won multiple bracelets in the same year.
Speaker 1: And you don't where I'm going. I think won a.
Speaker 2: Pretty big event right here in the studio earlier this year, taking Chad eaves Sledge.
Speaker 1: That's not where I thought you were going. But I thought you were going to go with Chris Brewer.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's rushed up. Chad eaves Sledge plays all the mix He plays the No Limit high Rollers, the p Loo high Rollers. Also does play online. But you know, obviously that's not going to count anymore. He's my pretty shouldn't win multiple bracelets just like he did a couple years ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense. I'm going with kind of an off the radar pick, but it is in a similar vein of a mixed game player. But I believe he can also play the big beat games at least with enough competency to you know, probably be a favorite over the majority of the fields that you get out at the WSP. And that's David Funkhauser. Okay, so I like that one. Yeah, a little bit off the board there, but I got Funkhauser. Give us three picks for WSP Player of the Year. We're gonna pick a favorite, We're gonna pick a mid mid tier contender, and we're gonna pick one long shot.
Speaker 2: My favorite is is Shuan dy and the main reason is I think the I think there's only a few favorites when it comes to WSP Player of the Year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think some of the other ones. My how many do you think there are? Just give me like a number. Is it more like three year, is it more like fifteen?
Speaker 2: I feel like it's three. I think it's the Grano. It could just to but Nograno and Deep, I really they're They're tier one of all WSP Player of the Year candidates, and then you have a kind of a bigger tier two, which is like I think the Shaman's, the osmas Is, Michael Manchek, all those kind of people that are going to play big schedules and play events where they can accue a lot of points, and then you have basically everyone else. So I think Nograno, after winning a bracelet last year, pressure might not be there. I could be wrong, but I think Deep always wants to win. This is always going to push to try and win one, two, three, four bracelets, win another Player of the Year title and really stamp his legacy. So, Sean Dee's my my favorite, pick about yours?
Speaker 1: I'm not taking a favorite. What do you mean You're not take your favorite. I'm in charge of the podcast and we have twenty five K fantasy coming up, so I'm going to abstain right now. Oh my, but once you see who we select you, that will be my favorite. So stay tuned for a couple of days. I can give the opponents to any sort of edge. You know, there's supposedly a lot of new teams. I don't know any of who the heck these guys are listening, so I'm not I'm not giving my favorite. Did you only you only gave favorite? Okay, I'm gonna say my mid tier then, Okay, Bryce Jockey interests. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: He's got a mid year right, No, No, it's good. I never really would have consider him. He plays a lot, plays a lot of plays all the games. He I think he cares a crap ton like he wants to win. He's super competitive, you know.
Speaker 1: I think in some ways he's kind of got something to prove, kind of monkey off the back. Ish. You know, you had the whole bad beat several years ago versus josh Aria, you had finishing second last summer to Negron. You like, you know, it's kind of like at some point I feel like Bryce is gonna rip off, like he's gonna have like a Scott sever esque summer. Yeah, you know, so, I mean not that he's like any sort of guarantee to win. Of course, it's very hard to win over his Spy Player of the Year, Yes, but you know Bryce can get as hot as anyone, as you mention, and he plays all the games. He'll play big and especially like he's the type of guy who kind of similar to what we saw a couple of years ago with Dan Zach. If he has a big summer early, maybe he's like, oh, I gotta get in the two fifty k. You gotta get the hunter k like high role, Like I gotta start, you know, sell some pieces and play every big thing for sure, But you got mid tier mid tier.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ride my pick from earlier Chad Evesledge. I think that's I think he qualifies for mid tier. If I think he's gonna win a couple of bracelets, he's likely to play a little maybe play a little bit bigger. And when I say that, I'm talking about the hundred kplow one hundred k no limit. I don't see him getting into two fifty k. But We also said that about Dan Zach, So he's one that could definitely make a run at trying to win Player of the Year.
Speaker 1: We got long shot, got this one's he could anybody.
Speaker 2: I don't, I no idea, but if I'm really thinking about it, I think he could consider this guy a long shot.
Speaker 1: Another mixed guy.
Speaker 2: Benny Glasser, No, no, you're not a long shot.
Speaker 1: No, he's in he's he's a mid tia. You think he might be favorite? Get out of here? Okay, what are you talking about? Who's gonna play as much Volney and like all the big stuff as Benny.
Speaker 2: I feel like everyone out of like a twelve people then all technically lung shots.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, that's kind of the point. You got, you pick one. Let me think David Fuonkauser okay, who already said. I mean it's part long shot in that I think it's hard to win Player of the Year, or at least be a true favorite if you're not gonna step up and like play the fifty k's, play the twenty five k's, like all that sort of stuff. Like, yeah, a phone causer might get into the fifty k PPC, but is he gonna play a fifty K PLO. I don't know he's gonna play a twenty five k like like that sort of stuff, which I think, you know, it obviously gives you a really good chance to contend for POI if you're in those tournaments, which I think the favorite guys are, Like the favorite guys are like a lock to play two fifty to five K, like four shore, like whatever's happening that day, and then maybe they splashed around in some of those smaller stuff depending on what it is. So so that's how I kind of attack it there. And then also it's part long shot because like I feel like if David Funk collser ultimately wins, like the common poker verse might be like who's that, Like we know who David Funk calls is. You know, he's obviously plays, but it's like who's that? You know, So it's kind of like long shot, slash like breakout type of person to fit this little criteria.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of someone that if it was a betting board on DraftKings, they wouldn't be listed.
Speaker 1: Another one I thought of going back to something I said someone I said earlier is Shannon Shure. I was thinking he's like a long shot, like, you know, he might step it step it up now with the run he's on play a bunch of the twenty five k's, you know, but like I wouldn't say that he's like any sort of favorite to win a POI, Right.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna follow him that kind of shout and show group of players and take Steven song. Yeah over in Asia right now?
Speaker 1: I would what does that term with the Lord the Lords?
Speaker 2: It's like a feel like a try and off, like a like a small Chatten series. But you know what he could rip off, you know, the million maker. Then he could final table the twenty five k no lemon hold him. He could win an online bracer which counts for Player of the Year. So he has got a few different avenues to getting there, and I would definitely say.
Speaker 1: He is a long shot to win Player of the Year. Which mixed game specialist is going to have the biggest summer? I think I know who You're going to save a good I got to continue chats and I'm also going to continue David Funks. Okay, so there we go. Which poker vlogger or influencer will make the biggest noise on the Felt this summer, and you cannot say Daniel Legrano is noise on the Felt results or is that is that breaking a selfie stick? Yes, I mean, I guess, open to interpretation. I implied felt, but you can I go.
Speaker 2: Ahead. I'm going to take Ryan to Paula. I know he is having a baby. Congratulations isn't going to play? I don't know, but we have to remember baby run good, Baby Ron Good. He's also backed by Negrano, meaning he can probably play a.
Speaker 1: Big Wait, when did he get back to byground? Is that like an open thing.
Speaker 2: That's he talks about on his vog all the time?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does vlog every day, so that's he's making noise in that aspect. On the YouTube streets, he'll be playing a bunch of events. I would expect he's my pick. I went down the list of vloggers, and it's hard to know how much they're gonna play, how much they're gonna how much content they're gonna make. It's actually kind of a tough one to pick. I thought, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got brad On. If you watched his recent vlog, he talked about how hard he's gonna be going this summer, he's also got some he oh, he already won one of those golden tickets for Club WPT. How kind of sketchy, but you know he already he already won one. So basically, if he wins, then one of those tournaments, he wins an additional million dollars. So there's that. But then I think he also said, and I mean, you guys can check the vlog to make sure that I'm not speaking nonsense, because I very well might be. But if he wins like something else, like another bracelet event, he's gonna basically give one hundred k away. Rampage is doing some of that. Yeah, So I mean, like Brad has talked about, basically, he's like all in on the summer. He's gonna be going hard. So so yeah, I mean he fits. He fits, you know obviously poker vlogger and influencer. So yeah, I'm going with Brad Owen for that one. Now, this next one. In my short pre episode prep, I wasn't able to come up with a name, so I'll see if I can think of one on the fly, but I'm gonna throw it to you first. Predict one mainstream athlete or celebrity to make a splash in a gold bracelet event. Doesn't have to win, but you know, go deep, generate some good buzz. The thing that I think of is back at the rio ws BE main event, Richard Seymour was running deep and it started to really get legs with like outside poker media like that sort of stuff, like, oh my god, like three time Super Bowl champ Richard Seymour. He's like running deep in the biggest poker tournament in the world, so so that type of like but it's maybe not that big, you know, because it's obviously hard to achieve that, but you know, just starting to really really, you know, pick up some buzz. Who's it going to be?
Speaker 2: I think Richard Simos easy to consensus pick.
Speaker 1: It is he does he play that much anymore? That's my like. Since he got like kind of looped into this Raiders ownership group, he like it's been more out of the spotlight.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna pick him the I'm gonna take a sucker legend.
Speaker 1: Neyma still dealing with some injuries, so every time to play some poker.
Speaker 2: Perfect time to play some sold the buzz when he was here and he.
Speaker 1: Cashan what like the one, and you know, so he was at my table, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he'll likely play a few events, and the name and the stardom that he that he brings will will create some kind of buzz for the World Series of Poker.
Speaker 1: I'm going with your boy, Kalais Campbell. The reason I say that is because I think I feel like he's the He's the one person that's a mainstream athlete or celebrity that I feel like is there every.
Speaker 2: Year trying to check if he's signed to an NFL team.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, Like, I feel like a lot of these guys, like I have no idea they're even going to show up. Yeah, I mean a bunch of them will show up for the main events, right, But like you know, I mean you did that interview with Kalay a couple of years ago. He's like, I want to win a race, like I want to I'm super competitive, Like I want to do that sort of stuff. So I feel like we see him out there. You know, I was thinking about possibly naming our friend Nick Wright, but I think he's only playing like three tournaments.
Speaker 2: So Kalays Campbell just re signed with Arizona Codinals who boom short drive away buddy, Okay, I just drived that last week and it's not that short. It's not that fun.
Speaker 1: Oh he's got he's got the money to but he's first.
Speaker 2: En off where it's you know, whether he's got some RTA's or some Sama camp obligations. He is a forty five hour flight away or a five hour drive.
Speaker 1: So, uh, that's a good pick by you. That's right, all right? Name I added this one. I don't know if you saw it, but name a first time WSP Bracele winner. Easy Alan Kesla. Oh Jesus Christ, No, not happening. I got sewn Winter good one. He's freaking dou Yeah. We got so burned last year in that freaking two hundred and fifty k high roller his kings Taylor Vron Krigenberg's kings with like they really like nine or ten or eleven left or something like that. It was a massive pot. I mean it is burned into my brain that if Winter just wins that pot, he wins the tournament. Yeah, and it changes like everything for us in terms of fantasy and and all that sort of stuff. So I got Winter. I mean, it's time he's gonna He's not gonna put in like the biggest volume, but I say every ten K plus Nola ma Ath hold him and PLO tournament, he's gonna be in there. We obviously know how hard it is to kill Shawn Winter in a poker tournament. Yeah, like and and you know he can play extremely, extremely well. So I got Sean Winter is finally, finally gonna do it. And when you have additions like the hunter k PLO, that's right up Sewan Winter, you know. So so there we go, Sean Winter. I'm looking at you for first time. W sphegle brace winner. All right, moving on to a batch of questions that have to do with prize pools and field sizes at the twenty twenty five WIP. First up, of course, we got to look at the ws AP main event. Will it break the field size record which was ten and twelve entries from last year.
Speaker 2: I don't want to bet against this number, but I feel like I have to with everything that's going on in this country and some of the travel restrictions, So I just I don't want to. My head says I have to. My heart says, don't. Don't be an idiot, you know, I always bet the overs here. So I'm going to say that we, you know, we fall a little short.
Speaker 1: I'm somewhat aligned with you until two days ago or yesterday, when bitcoin is now at an all time high again, so we know how invested the poker community is into cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: I don't think that affects the main event as much as it affects like the two fifty k or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that is true, because because the main event is you know, it's it's one ten k bolton, that's it, versus something with re entries. Yeah, yeah, I can.
Speaker 2: I didn't make that much money the last few days. It doesn't really change how I play if I'm going to.
Speaker 1: I think I'm a no. It's just and it's not like it's not like this is a no oh my god, they're going to get six thousand, you know, like that sort of thing. No, I mean, this is just a I think it's just really hard to achieve that. I agree with you on a lot of the stuff that's happening. I think kind of generally speaking, poker feels slightly down in terms of field sizes, not like anything big or alarming or whatever. It's just kind of like just like leveled off a little bit. So I think ten and twelve is super super hard to achieve. I think it's great, but I think they're going to fall slightly short, slightly short, and then I would anticipate that things pick back up next year, right, So that that's kind of how I'm thinking thinking through this one. Do you have a prediction for field size? Like me, give me a number.
Speaker 2: I take like ten thousand and than seventeen.
Speaker 1: I got niney nine and ninety two. Okay, so I mean we're pretty close in terms of, you know, slightly below last year. Extremely good number, you know, is there is there a number? So would you be like, right on a scale of one to ten, how surprised would you be if they broke the record? I wouldn't be that surprised to be.
Speaker 2: One to ten, ah and being the most surprised.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ten being oh my god, what the hell this is insane? Like a four? Yeah, I'm like a six. Maybe what's the number where you're like, wow, that's bad because I don't think you and I like you're at tenenty seventeen. I'm at nine thousand, nine or ninety two. I would never say that, we would say that's very good.
Speaker 2: But from from my perspective is different to what WSP's perspective, right, I think WSP's perspective would be anything sub ten thousand is bad.
Speaker 1: I think, come on, that's what you're playing with one hundred and twelve entries. That's not even a lie. I'm saying. That's how I think they may view it.
Speaker 2: Personally, I think there's a world where we get eighty eight hundred, eighty five hundred. Anything below that is like, oh, this is this is not great. But we're going to have a I think we'll have a pretty good idea in the first few weeks as the World Series starts and we start comparing field sizes to previous years.
Speaker 1: We'll ook at.
Speaker 2: Different buyers, and we'll see whether where it's trending, if it's trending the same or trending significantly under us or hopefully just significantly over. We can readjust these lines.
Speaker 1: I think the I think sub eight thousand is for me personally as wow, that's bad. I think anything over eight thousand for a ten K poker tournament is still an insane accomplishment. Yeah, Like, I just don't care what anyone says. I don't care if you got ten and twelve last year. I still think that's a wild, wild number to get, you know, especially when it's a freezer, Like, it's just to me, that's incredible. Now, of course people are gonna look at it and they're gonna be like, oh my god, they're twenty percent down. Oh yeah, what's going on whatever? Like you know, first year, Gigi owned the thing. What the heck? You know? But no, so while I do think it's going to be ever so slightly down, like it's going to take a lot for me to be like, wow, that's horribly bad. Yeah type of thing. All right, how many million dollar first place prizes are going to be awarded this summer? I'll let you answer this. Okay, how about this. I'm gonna give you what it was last year? There was sixteen. Do you think it'll be more or less?
Speaker 2: Well, it's fifteen the year before sixteen last year, but you already you know, of course you do. Just forging stack guy, I'm gonna go it's going to be more. Take at least seventy eight, mainly because more events. We're adding one hundred k plot that's going to be a million dollar first prize. If we predict some of these events to go down, Okay, maybe we we chrop onnder that. We did have one event last year that had nine hundred and seventy five K for first I believe I was the one Michael Rucker one, so that could easily go out. We could have eighteen. But yeah, I think we get more than last.
Speaker 1: Yea, I'm going less, I'm going fifteen. Okay, I just think, you know, some of these events might be cutting it a little bit close. Like I kind of wonder about the PPC, to be honest, I mean that's kind of close. You have the Monster Stack was one million, ninety eight thousand, you got the well they don't have and I know you said the Hunter k Poo, which I also thought of, but they don't have that three thousand dollars mid Stakes Championship, yeah, which was over. It was slightly over a million, one thousand, one million and forty one thousand, so like, you know, that's a wash there. I kind of wonder about this ten thousand dollars Mystery Bounty, the one that Matthew Lambreck won that was slightly over. You know, you have you're going to get the main event. Of course, right, you're gonna have the Millionaire Maker. That's a lock because it's guaranteed. You're also going to have a guarantee with the mystery million.
Speaker 2: So add the twenty five k half and half. I feel like that could easily you know, we've seyen the popularity of plo and rollers, that could easily be a seven figa first prize right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just I just think we're going to see kind of some hits here there, So that's that's where I'm at. But it'll probably be right around the same number overall, so I don't think it's too crazy. Now. One thing that is that is working against this prediction here for me is I think that the organizers will push to get a million, like where they can. Yeah, Like if let's say the Monster Stack is like nine hundred and ninety three thousand, maybe they just push it to a million.
Speaker 2: Depends on the event, But I think there is one pay out there, Like check which one Michael Ruco won.
Speaker 1: He won those six max.
Speaker 2: Right how much though? Wasn't like nine to seventy five, nine to twenty four? Yeah, Like when do they start? That was the closest to a million without Yeah, when do they start trying to get that one up? But like is that event worthy of a fiddling with the payouts?
Speaker 1: I don't know. So what's interesting about that event? That event always takes place like during the masbe main event, but like deep into it. Yeah, like that's the one I think Sean Dee won a couple of years ago. Obviously, Michael Rocco won it last year. But what's interesting this year is you have that WPT Venetian event. Sure five K, four million dollar guaranteed. So is it kind of like people are picking and choosing a little bit more. I mean we'll see obviously, but you know, just kind of worth worth throwing out there in that regard. But I mean it's probably gonna be race writer on the same number as last year. Which event is going to have the largest prize pool outside of the waspre main event?
Speaker 2: You kind of touched on the price of bitcoin, So I am going to bed on LOSSI as big as prize pool.
Speaker 1: Which was the two fifty k. There's only one answer, and it's super Hirola.
Speaker 2: Nothing beatsa well, mister millions is pretty close, lossie. But I think there'll be some issues this year and we're going to get onto that soon. But yeah, two fifty k Superhirola.
Speaker 1: Will the Mystery Millions once again? He clip eighteen thousand entries. Oh, by the way, I think it's gonna be the two fifty k. Well that's not clear. So in terms of the Mystery Millions eclipsing eighteen thousand entries, it had eighteen thousand, one hundred and eighty eight in twenty twenty three and then last year at eighteen thousand, four hundred and nine. So is it going to They did add a flight, correct, I believe I believe all those like millionaire maker Monster Stack. I believe they all added a flight. Maybe I'm wrong there, but I.
Speaker 2: Think they did. I'm honestly gonna take I'm going to take on this, and the main reason it being was, you know, we have issues with people traveling, so maybe they only want to come for a limited amount of time. They might they might save that for the main event time. I also think there's gonna be a lot of issues with WSP plus for that first couple of days where you're gonna lose, You're gonna lose entries for people they're gonna be they won't be able to get in on time, they'll get in on light, they won't be able to fire as many bullets as they want. So I feel like we even with the additional flight, we may fall slightly short.
Speaker 1: I think it gets over eighteen thousand. Again, I think it's gonna be under last year, but it'll get over eighteen thousand. I feel like that's just kind of the benchmark for this tournament now, you know. I just think that ultimately it's that extra flight is just going to do wonders for this thing. So I mean, that's that's where I'm at with that, and it might even set a record, to be honest, with the extra flight turnout wise, what's going to be the biggest surprise bracelet event. You can take that however you want. You can spin it positive, you can spin it negative. You know, when we come out of this w SUP or when we hop on a podcast that night or whatever it is, which event are we going to be like kind of talking about as it relates to the turnout the most.
Speaker 2: I think it's that new event. I think it's the one hundred k PLO. It's going to have a massive field, and I mean that's what I also have Yeah, I think it's gonna be a top of the town that where did these three hundred and sixty players find one hundred K from?
Speaker 1: Something? I mean, I feel like every year for the twenty five, at least in previous years, for the twenty five KPLO, for the fifty k PLO, you and I are walking through the field, where'd all these people come from? Yeah? You know, like I feel like that's only going to be the same sort of thing when it comes to the Hunter K And like I think the hundre k PLO is going to be bigger than the Hunter K Nolanmit hold Them, which I think had one hundred and twelve entries last year. You know, like I think this Hunter k PLO is going to be banana. Yeah, I like, I think the lines one fifty yeah take it over. So so that's where I'm at with that. I don't have anything else written down, so do you No, you don't have any any other predictions. Overall, I think it's going to be a really good summer. I can't remember did we talk about this on the podcast. I think we might have before, But I think w SP does very well. You know, I think it's obviously the biggest and the best in terms of in this industry. It is the NFL, right, the main event is the Super Bowl all that sort of stuff. I think there's a greater potential that we're talking about other venues getting hurt by various things, just most specifically that these other venues have guarantees on every single tournament. Yeah, you know, like the WSP has like they have like one tournament guarantee that's the Gladiators of Poker with a three million dollar guarantee, and then everything else is like, oh, we're guaranteeing first place. So like the Millionaire Makers guarantee is really only a million dollars, right, So you know stuff like that. So I don't think the SPY is going to get hurt in terms of like, oh my god, they misguarantees, Oh my god, Overlailer all that sort of stuff. Thinksp is going to be just plenty plenty fine. Of course, that's where the common folk go. That's where the big fields are, the recreationals, the shot takers, all that sort of stuff, the dreamers, and then you know, we could just be hearing things outside of that. I used to be like, oh, like this venue has missed a whole bunch of guarantees, or this might be just missed a whole bunch of guarantees. And with the way that these venues now promote the overlays, like you know, overlay Alert, would probably see a fair bit of that, or at least we could see a fair bit of that. I think there's there's potential for it this year. So overall that's kind of where my head is at. But well, yeah, I mean I think it's going to be a really really good summer or really really big summer, and I'm excited. I mean, we're less than a week away. As we said, are we doing a code word?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do one. Okay, what do you want it to pay?
Speaker 1: You choose it. I'll say the code word will be let's just use prediction. It's a long one. I know. It's also one of those ones that I think some people might misspell it, which is I think is good, Like you gotta spell it right now, So prediction, google it or chat GBT or do whatever you got to do out there to get the spelling right for a prediction that is the code word, and uh yeah, let's rock and roll. I'm ready to go for Tim Duckworth, the mullet no no sleeve wearing guy. I hope you shoveled to the device to be like that. Please, for the love of God, for be incredible for him, Tim Duckworth, for me, Johnny Peters, We're out of here. We will talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: Express