Speaker 1: We're joined right now by one of the newest members of the Dodgers, a stanfoot man, Tommy Edmund. Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. I'm really excited to be here and excited to be part of a great team.
Speaker 1: How unexpected was this trade for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was certainly out there, you know, it wasn't really on my radar a few weeks ago, especially being injured this whole year, and but I really started coming along in that injury recovery, and once I started hearing my name thrown around a few days ago, I was kind of excited to hear that it was the Dodgers, you know. So I'm ecstatic to be here, really really looking forward to getting back and contributing.
Speaker 1: I know you're a versatile player, But have the Dodgers told you where they see you playing when you come back.
Speaker 2: No, not necessarily. I think my role is kind of influx right now. You know, there's a lot of moving parts with the trade, acquisitions and injuries and things like that, so don't necessarily know where I'll be playing. But that's kind of been my role for my career thus far, you know, being able to move around the field, and about wherever necessary.
Speaker 1: Where is the rehab on your ankle. From what I understand, the Cardinals were expecting you to come back and play within ten days. Is that a fair expectation.
Speaker 2: It's I can't really estimate when that'll be. You know, I haven't played the field yet, and the goal was to start playing the field this week. But I think with these guys are gonna evaluate the ankle themselves and really figure out where it's at and really get a good idea of what that timeline will look like. So we'll probably know a little bit more in the next couple of days.
Speaker 1: How have you felt through this entire process. Do you feel like you're starting to feel like Tommy Edman of old?
Speaker 2: Yeah, starting to, you know, I'm just looking forward to being back at one hundred percent again and being able to play baseball like I know I'm capable of.
Speaker 1: I know you're from La Joya, you're an oc kid, you went to Stanford. How good is it to come back to California and play for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's great. It's great. I love coming back to southern California. It makes things really easy for myself, for my family and you know, really looking forward to to being in this weather a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Who was Tommy Edmund's kind of childhood hero to pursue this dream of baseball?
Speaker 2: Well, growing up in San Diego, I actually watched a lot of Tony Gwynn, so he was he's one of the best hitters of all time. But there were a lot of actually one of the other former Dodgers potters guys with Adrian Gonzalez, So he was. He was a ton of fun to watch it.
Speaker 1: Hey, you just went over Dodger fans by saying Adrian Gonzalez was your guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was. He was a stud and he was one of my favorite guys to watch.
Speaker 1: That's my understanding of watching you play. I would say, you're a guy that puts the ball in play. You believe in uh in contact. It feels like that's kind of the pillar of what you do as a hitter. And Tony gwyn and Adrian Gonzalez were like that as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're both, you know, such pure hitters and and have a great idea of what they're doing to the play. And I mean, one can only aspire to be as good as those guys. So if that's a that's the goal I'm going for. Then you know, if I fall way short of that, I'll still hopefully be a good hitter.
Speaker 1: Hey, before I let you go, walking into that clubhouse with so many superstars MVPs, what was it like to go in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little surreal, you know, especially playing against these guys over the past few years. I know they've got some incredibly good players on the team and it's been a lot of fun. You know, They've been very welcoming to me so far, and looking forward to getting to know everyone a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for the time, and welcome to the Dodgers. Glad you're wearing blue because the Cardinal Red Man That stings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, I appreciate it. I'm excited to be here.