Speaker 1: This will be a little bit not dicey, but a little bit more not safer work version of the Minnesota Goodbye, which most of them are. But we're again, we never try to be like, I don't know, deliberately titillating. We never tried to be I don't know, like vulgar. Yes, I mean there's no fun like you know, sexual conversation and vulgar, and we don't want to be vulgar because you know, that's for another tab. But Jenny had written down a note that we were going to talk about sex, and what was it that inspired this?
Speaker 2: Do you remember if we had been talking just on the show about the ratio because we were joking about how it's like entering into arena and battling and stuff, because we were trying to keep it very PG when we talked about it on the show, and so we were talking about I think it said like the best amount of time was like fifteen minutes for basically for play, fifteen minutes of actual like probably penetrative sex of source if you're in a heterosexual relationship, and then five minutes of like cuddling or something afterwards.
Speaker 1: What about the pegging? How much? How much time has spent on part of the that's part of the fife very important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So I was saying that I think that it should be a little bit higher on the ratio of the four play part versus penetration, because I just think that a lot of guys think that jabbing their dick inside a girl wow, just how you get someone off, and that's not how it works. I'm sure there's some girls who will say differently, and that's great, and I love that for you.
Speaker 3: I feel like those are the minority, though.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I think that there should be more on the four play side of things if you care about a girl getting off.
Speaker 1: I read I'm going to tell you when I was probably about eighteen or so, probably still a virgin, I read an article I'll never forget it at a radio station that said women still enjoy sex even if they don't have an orgasm, and that's stuck in my mind for many years, many years, and I thought, Okay, if I have sex, I don't need to try to make her have an orgasm because she doesn't care. She will enjoy it anyway. And then I realized, oh, they actually do enjoy it more if they do you'll.
Speaker 3: Still enjoy it, but yeah, it's not as enjoyable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think that I learned because you know, when you're young and inexperienced as a guy, you don't really know what to do to help her achieve that moment, and so you know, you're trying different things and maybe you're doing it wrong, or you're not trying it long enough, or you maybe you rushed into it or something. I think a lot of guys think if they go harder, that's going to feel better. And I learned somewhere that said, if she's enjoying it, don't stop going. Don't start going faster or harder, because she likes it the way it is. So she's like basically conveying to you, this is working, this is working. And that's what I think a woman should say. This is working, this is working, this is working. And then you start going, oh yeah, then faster, faster, harder, harder, and it's like no, because she liked it the way it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's no. It's like such a common theme with men, like they think like, let's go faster. Whatever they might be doing, let's go faster now, whether they're using hands or they're using something else like it's like, no, it was so good what you were just doing, like so, but I will put it on like cause I feel like my younger years of sex was very much like my faults to an extent, because I just didn't express what I wanted to be fair for a while, I didn't understand what I wanted. Yeah, but I do think it is on women to let people know like if something's good or not, and to fake an orgasm here and there. I can understand, but if you're like constantly doing that, then your partner's never gonna know what you like.
Speaker 1: Well, didn't we all agree a couple of weeks ago or months ago that women will fake it because it's like I just wanted to be done, just like, okay, stop pounding away. Stop you're getting sore, so just stop. So they'll be like oh oh, oh oh oh, and he'll be like, yeah, look what I did. I don't know. I think it's very interesting. I still hear from people that are my age that are married to a guy for thirty years and his idea of sex will be to roll on top of her, do his thing and then roll off. That sounds awful and it's like, what do you what kind of guy thinks that's.
Speaker 3: What is this? Nineteen forty two? Come on?
Speaker 1: But yeah, we've evolved and she doesn't even want to do because it's just so bad. Yeah, that is that kind of cover everything.
Speaker 2: I think, as far as we know, I would say, like, have you ever seen the show? Tell me lies? No, Okay, I just started watching it. It's on Hulu. It's got the second season out, but I just started the first and episode four is literally like the definition of I think so many women's experience with sex right away, because it is it's that like ripping your clothes off and like getting right to the act, and like the guy like getting off really easily, and then the girl you can literally see it in her face. And I know I've had that look in my face before, like oh yeah, and I pretend like I like this, but like this is fucking miserable to me. And so there's just like, if you want to know what some women look like and feel like from having just crazy penetrative sex and not enjoying it, watch that episode.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting to me. I think that, like, you know, I don't want to sit here and talk about sex. The whole podcast. But I think it's so interesting because it is like the spicy food scale. Some people think that ketchup is spicy. Some people can eat ghost peppers like, you know, like for a snack. And I think that sex is kind of the same way. There are people who are like, oh my gosh, I want the lights off and I want the same way and this since we're very very quiet and you know whatever. And then there are other people who bring in like a videographer.
Speaker 3: And they're photography happening.
Speaker 1: Right chocolate fountain, and they bring in a llama and they're bringing in all kinds of fun stuff. And I think that you never know when you look at somebody where on the scale they fall, because people will surprise you. Sometimes you'll get somebody and to think that they're like, oh, they think ketchup is spicy, And then they come in and they're wearing a rubber mask and they got a mace. A mace, which you look it up, a mace is a steel ball with spikes in it. Yeah, yeah, you never know. Wow, Okay, let's move on. This is from Cookie. Cookie's a big supporter of the show, and she writes in she never writes in, but she does, and she writes in she says, I want to say thank you for all the pieces of wisdom often expressed during the Morning show and here on the Minnesota Goodbye. I believe you help people learn how to behave appropriately and move about successfully in the world. We all can use a little help in that regard. Here's an example. Recently on the Minnesota Goodbye, Bailey was discussing the work ethics have sung young people that she worked with at the Renaissance Festival. Dave added how important a good work ethic is, and by having a good one you will shine above the rest. I have always tried to convey the importance of this to a young family member who is approaching their teenage years and needs a lot of improvement in that department. I played that conversation to them and it finally sunk in. You all did a great job explaining the true meaning to the concept, how it affects yourself and others, and how and why we should do better. I'm sure I'm not the only one with an example like that. I'd love to invite other listeners to write in and give examples of how your show or podcast has personally helped them learn a social behavioral life improvement. Thank you. You're doing a public service. Keep up the good work from Cookie. I didn't even realize we're doing a public service. And we tell stories and then sometimes you learn from things that we've learned. Yeah, you know, like I always like say stop at lemonade stands, and it's one of my favorites because it's simple to do and it just makes their day. So yeah, thank you Cookie. If you have anything that you want to write in that you learned on the Minnesota Goodbye, that would be awesome. Next one, Hello, My wonderfuls. This is Mike, also a big supporter of the show. I have to ask, has tacked consideration of others gone out the window at twenty somethings? Or am I just old? Went to dinner at a pizza place over the weekend and Mike is probably fifty five ish. A couple in their twenties sat at a booth across from us and watched videos on a phone with the volume up loud enough that I could hear it from ten feet away. Am I just old? Discussed love y'all? Discussed not discussed love y'all? Right? Who wants to take this one.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think kids are immature. I think even twenty year olds are immature, and sometimes they just don't realize it. I have always been very self aware of my surroundings, so I can't imagine that I would have done that in my twenties. But I also don't think I grew up in the era of sure phones as much as these people now are, so I don't know what they're used to doing.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would say you could say it about anybody, though, Like if somebody doesn't have any social awareness about like what they're doing in a public place, that's at any age, honestly that I mean. I've overheard people have loud conversations stand in the middle of the road or like in the middle of the walkway without a care in the world, or et cetera, et cetera, and they're all different ages. So just true they're twenty, I mean they it might be more annoying because they're twenty and you're like kids these days, which is also something I do all the time. But I've had plenty of annoying people of all ages.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that is it become a norm. In other words, I'll give you one that was not a norm when I was a kid, and that is swearing in public around anybody. Oh yeah, And I hear it all the time. Oh fuck you, dude, fuck this. Oh you're fucking pieces. Fuck you.
Speaker 3: Yes, I hate that.
Speaker 1: I hear it all the time. When I was hiking up Pike's Peak, there was a group of probably twenty year old twenty ones and I would pass them and they would pass me and they'd be like, fuck you in the ass, Oh fuck you, you're a bitch. And I'm like, you're around strangers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, strangers, and there could be children somewhere, and.
Speaker 1: It's and just openly. But when I was a child, you just did not do that. So I wonder if it's become acceptable to do that for some people, just like it's become acceptable to maybe watch YouTube videos with your volume up. Yeah, doesn't mean that it's right, It just means that's kind of the new norm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I hope it's not with like swearing and stuff.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, because you and I wouldn't do it. No, you and I would not be like, you know, in line of McDonald's and be like, yeah, this fucking bitch over here, you know, we would not yeah, fuck you. We would not.
Speaker 2: Like to swear. Oh yeah, absolutely love to drop someth bombs here and there. But I've definitely grown out of like my heavy swearing phase of life, which was probably in my twenties, and I don't think I was doing that out in public. I probably swore out in public, but not like constantly like we.
Speaker 1: Are other people. Yeah, I will say I agree with Bailey. It's an all age thing because when my favorite recent stories was Buffalo Wild Wings a couple of weeks ago, were at the bar. There's a guy my age. He's got his speaker phone sitting on the counter so he can eat and get his fingers dirty, and he's yelling into his speakerphone and we're all looking at even the guy next to me. I look at him, and he kind of like gives me a look like you fucking tell me what's up? Oh all right? Next one, This is from our buddy Aaron in Plymouth, and he's always funny because Aaron is the one who says like on favorite musical moments high This is Aaron from Plymouth, home of the blah blah blah and blah blah blah and He's always very funny and very dry. He says. I stumbled upon the fact that there are now automatically generated transcripts for the Minnesota Goodbye in the iHeart.
Speaker 3: App Yes, I've seen those. Yeah, there're sometimes accurate. They're not always accurate.
Speaker 1: That's the thing about transcripts. They're a little bit off. Yeah, he says. I can't say I have a use for him, but they're there. Maybe they'll come in handy. But he what he wants to file a lawsuit for something that was said Aaron in Plymouth, and he asked for a staff Rider sticker, and Secretary Brie will send you one. I took Secretary Brie flying the other day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw pictures.
Speaker 1: It was kind of fun because Secretary Brie mails out the staff Rider stickers and she lives in Buffalo, and she said, I've run out of stickers. I said, well, I'll mail you some. And then I thought I will fly some to you, because I can fly up to Buffalo, and I get my airplane and I fly up to the Buffalo and it's a beautiful flight over Minnetonka Lake and it takes twenty minutes to fly up there. So I said would you like to go flying? I can land and you can meet me at the airport and I'll take you flying. That'd be great. So her and her husband came by and took her up flying. We flew over their house because you know, when you go flying, you have to fly over your house. That's kind of the rule. Yeah, and she's just charming and she's just funny. Did you know she's six foot two?
Speaker 3: Yes, she's very tall.
Speaker 1: I forgot how tall.
Speaker 3: She was, very very tall.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, So don't worry, Aaron, we will get one to you.
Speaker 3: I met somebody at the renfest who you also took flying once. His name is Dan, and he said you took him flying like four years yars ago. It's like a good looking guy, probably like I don't know fifty. He was nice.
Speaker 1: Yes, he won it in an auction. I believe he won it in an auction for like the chan Hassen High School Boosters or something.
Speaker 3: No other really, him and his friend flying. Yeah, I met him at the Renaissance Hou.
Speaker 1: So I don't really do that very often anymore, because I'll be honest with you, it's become a little bit awkward to take strangers flying. Sure, you know, we love meeting people at you know, the state fair or at a party, but you know, it's it's just become a little bit awkward. And I don't like being responsible for the lives of strangers. I really really don't. Flying is so it's so so safe, but I don't like the idea that you know, Bree is kind of like an acquaintance friend. So that's fine. Yeah, but I used to get asked all the time, hey, will you donate a flight for this charity? Auction number one? It never sells for what it's worth. It's worth about two hundred and fifty dollars in fuel and rental time, and it usually sells for like seventy five bucks. It's like, shit, no. And then I meet somebody who it's like they're wonder charming people. But I don't like being responsible for strangers' lives. Yeah, so you mean I would take flying.
Speaker 3: I want to go once the fall colors are fall coloring.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do it. Yeah, next one. We've got some a variety of different ones here, let's try this one. I wanted to chime in on the Frosty discussion from Friday. I think Vanilla is a better flavor for a frosty than chocolate. However, chocolate is the primary flavor. What is it? There was a story about this and you and Vont were arguing about whether a frosty is by default chocolate.
Speaker 3: Right. It was just during Monster's the Pot, and it wasn't actually what Fonster's the Pot was about, but it turned into it and he said, Oh, a frosty is vanilla chocolate or strawberry. That's a frosty. But originally a frosty was chocolate. So if you go to Wendy's and you say I want a frosty and they say what kind of You're like, oh, I don't know, I'm ordering it for someone else. They're going to assume a chocolate chocolate because that's the original flavor.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever had one in my life.
Speaker 3: You've never had a I don't like sweet God, they're so good. They're so good.
Speaker 1: They must be because they are you knows what they are.
Speaker 2: Just ice cream.
Speaker 1: It's like a milkshake.
Speaker 3: There's like crack in it. It's so good.
Speaker 2: They're so milchshake. So that's probably why I've never had one.
Speaker 3: But it's not like soupy. It's like creamy like ice cream. Is like more like ice cream. It's so good.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna try to zip through this one because I really like it. Katie writes, in the course of a day, while talking to my husband, I find myself and advertently referring to things I heard on your show Morning Show in Minnesota, Goodbye. I listened to all the podcasts every day because of the aforementioned references to your show. My husband reaction when I mentioned Dave Ryan or any of your names is are dramatic and exasperated. Head tilted back, eyes closed for about one point seven seconds one point seven six seconds, display a frustration. So it's like, oh, good last night. Beginning to decorate for fall in or living room, my husband said, is it even fall yet? To, of course, which my reply was an explanation about vont having the same issue with his girlfriend. He goes, Oh God, why are you going to start every conversation with the depths of hell by mentioning the Dave Ryan Show? Do they even care about your little fragile existence over at KATWB six, Yes, he said, KDW six, although I gave him half a pass since he didn't grow up here, but he's been in Minnesota for sixteen years, so it's like, come on, I think that's funny kd W six. But as a P one listener, I know that all of you over at kt KDW six do care about my existence as I care about and treasure yours. I just thought you'd like to know that conversations about anything. Dave lurk in the depths of hell. Love you guys, A dart, a lick and an All right, that's from Katie. Thanks Katie, I love that. Thank you. We got a lot of emails we did not get to, but I still want to hear yours. So send me an email, get a staff writer sticker, send it to Ryan Show at KDWB dot com. Thank you for listening.