Speaker 1: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, he's ride Ryan Hugsday Babee. It's Wildcard Wednesday around here. That'll be our Instagram feature. Huge day on the website yesterday, Thank you guys. Web numbers were big. A lot had to do with that local tattooesday. More locals. That's what we need. That's what we need on our Instagram feature of the day for sure. Okay, well, let's pick up where we left off. Pops the Grandfather. That was a fresh fish yesterday. He came in Robert and one. He's going for win number two today, fresh out of bent head to head. But play that game in around six twenty. Ghost tickets are coming to you in Home Room August sixteen, Toyota Center Fun Fact Flashback. We'll give them away. Tickets to the Outlaw Music Festival. This is the one with Willie Dylan, avidt Brothers. July sixth is the show. Tickets go on sale Friday. We are giving them away before they go on sale. We'll hook you up at seven to twenty. Monster Jam tickets at eight twenty Buzzfest tickets on the show. Dense fog advisory. It's just not the coastal counties. There's a lot of fog out there for many of you. Twenty percent chance of rain, mostly claudy, and yesterday two days in a row record temperatures. We might hit eighty one today again. Good morning, Alex. What are Houston's headlines? Morning Rode, Good morning, Home Room.
Speaker 3: The US Postal Service says that it is going to temporarily suspend parcels from China and Hong Kong after President Donald Trump ended a trade provision this week that is used by retailers like Timu and Sheen to shift low value packages duty free to the United States. The Trump administration imposed a ten percent tariff on Chinese goods that went into effect yesterday, and moved to close the deminimous exemption that allows US shoppers to avoid paying tariffs on shipments that are below eight hundred dollars. This has caused a quote significant challenge for the USPS because there were four million deminimus packages per day last year. China's Foreign ministry called for a meeting today between Beijing and Washington, adding that reducing demands for drugs at home and enhancing law enforcement cooperation would be a fun fundamental way for the US to solve its fentanyl crisis. Texas Governor Greg Abbott is ready to allow online sports betting in Texas. During an appearance on the Texas Take podcast, Abbott said that he has no objection to the Texas legislator passing a law to join thirty nine other.
Speaker 4: States that have already legalized it.
Speaker 3: In order to allow sports betting in Texas, state legislature would need to have mand its constitution by getting a two thirds vote from both chambers. Back in twenty twenty three, a bill to legalize gambling on sports cleared the House by an eighty two to fifty one vote, but was never picked up by the Senate. State Senator Carrol Alvarado has reintroduced another bill this year that would allow sports betting.
Speaker 2: You excited about that. I'll believe it when it happens, Okay.
Speaker 5: I mean not that you're betting already, so you can.
Speaker 4: Do it off shore.
Speaker 3: I guess nobody has done anything about the price of eggs, so waffle House has added a fifty cent surcharge on each egg that they sell. As a result, of that at all of its nearly two thousand locations. The company says that this is a temporary measure and that they plan to adjust it base on the price of eggs going forward. No one seems to know when the prices of eggs are going to go down, though. One of the main factors for the rise in prices is the bird flew outbreak in the United States. It's affected more than one hundred and thirty five million birds.
Speaker 5: Can't believe how much eggs are being talked about, right right every.
Speaker 2: Day, it Taggs.
Speaker 3: Companies continue to roll out their Super Bowl ads early, so the ads for the Big Game that were released yesterday include Matthew McConaughey, Kevin Bacon, Martha Stewart, and Charlie XCS, as well as Sean Evans from Hot Ones and a commercial for Uber Eat Stelle Artois featuring David Beckham and Matt Damon in an ad that was directed by Ben Affleck. And then Frank's Red Hot having a commercial with Paris Hilton and it again costs eight million dollars for a thirty second ad for this year's Big Game.
Speaker 2: Guys, we have been adding every single day. Chile has a blog page up. Almost every single commercial that's going to be in the Super Bowl. Chili has it for you on links and guests today, so check out our blog page.
Speaker 3: The Fire Aid benefit concerts last week raised over one hundred million.
Speaker 4: Dollars to support recovery efforts for the LA Wildfire.
Speaker 3: It all came from donations, ticket sales, sponsorship, and merchandise sales. They are also now releasing a ninety track benefit album that comes out Friday. It's called Good Music to Lift Los Angeles and it'll be available at band camp dot com for twenty dollars and twenty five cents. In addition to songs from the benefit shows, it'll also feature contributions from Rim, Modest Mouse, Death, Cab for Cuti, and Tenacious D and more.
Speaker 4: Those are you Ston's headlines?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, what you got going on in sports?
Speaker 3: Well, Rockets fell to the nets last night, ninety nine to ninety seven. They led by four with eight point one seconds left, but a series of unfortunate events let the game get away from them. They've now lost four in a row and they'll have a day off today before they put the Timberwolves tomorrow night up in Minnesota, that is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's go who's up, Who's ready to rock? Who wants the first phone call today? Chili so lonely in there, wants to talk to you. I'm a call. Give give Chili a call. Even if you're gets you through to us.
Speaker 5: Just call Chiley, just say hey, dude, doing a great job over there.
Speaker 2: If you want the first phone call, if you want to be on the air, seven one, three, two two five, the most interactive show on the radio starts right now, ninety four five The Buzz, Letning Crack. It's right out of the gate with fly Away, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show on this Wildcard Wednesday, Waking, Waky, hands off, Cupcakey dense fog advisory. It's kind of for all of us right now. We were kind of dealing with some fog the last couple of days, but it was more of you guys on the coastal counties. Now it's kind of all of us. So mostly cloudy today again, Hive around eighty one, two days in a row, record temperatures outside, very very warm. Yesterday.
Speaker 5: I struggled, this is like one of those dad things.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I struggled I said, I'm not doing it. I'm not doing it. I'm not doing it. Okay, I'm gonna turn on my AC. Turned on the AC yesterday. Oh yeah, no, it's ridiculous. February fourth, I'm turning on my air conditioner. It's domb It's tomb I did I had to. Uh. Feb five, we got Pops going for win number two, fresh out of bed head Too Head Challenge.
Speaker 5: He made his debut on the show yesterday. He did a great job.
Speaker 2: Ghost tickets in homeroom for your fun fact flashback Outlaw Music Festival tickets before they go on sale seven twenty, Monster Jam tickets at eight twenty Buzzfest tickets on Know the Show. Plenty of phone calls, plenty of interaction with you this morning. Let's let's start it out.
Speaker 1: It's now time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: Um bump up, James, Good morning brother. What's that buddy? Brother? James? Good morning? How are you today?
Speaker 6: I'm here to steer you onto a little barbecue sauce man. You know you like that sweet baby raise?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, we I don't know. Somehow they became a punchline on the show. We were doing shots of sweet Baby Rays at at ditch.
Speaker 6: Day, right right, Well, you need to do some shots of tinder roasted garlic barbecue sauce, brother Kinder Kinders. Yeah, that's that's you're gonna be saying, sweet Baby, who.
Speaker 5: Is this your sauce or it's just something that you kind.
Speaker 6: Of tripped on your favorite nuns at the grocery store Kinders.
Speaker 2: At the grocery store. I'm using the whole section of it. Yeah. I'm using some of the Kinder spices at my house right now, so I'm familiar with it. I'm definitely liking the Kinder spices. And you know, you know what I got turned onto that probably like Instagram reels or something. I do follow a lot of cooking things on Instagram. So the Kinder spices is something that I'm using. So you recommend that barbecue sauce? Is it?
Speaker 5: Is it a sweet one?
Speaker 2: Kinds?
Speaker 6: They have a bunch of different kinds. They have a roasty garlic, they have like a honey hickory. Put the roasty garlics on the point, man, that's where.
Speaker 2: It is, dude. If it's on the point, I want it, James, thank you. I'm gonna go check them out. Where'd you get it from? All right, thank you, brother. It should be any any grocery store, any grocery store. Okay, any grocery store. All right, brother, all right, dude, take it. Hey listen, are you using games? Are you using any of the Dano's Project products.
Speaker 6: I've tried it, but I'd like the Kinders better.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not using the barbecue sauce. But this the Dano's seasoning. That's another thing that I got turned on. I watched way too much of the cooking stuff. I get thinking of that.
Speaker 5: There's something called Dano's cheesining.
Speaker 2: It's a seasoning, but it's kind of like a cheese. I'll turn you onto that, James, go check out the cheesining. Okay, all right, I'll do that. You deal, all right, listen, I'll talk cooking stuff on the show every day. I'll talk cooking every single day on this show. Let me see if there's a chick locally no. I kind of wanted to give her. Is it married to the Barbecue?
Speaker 5: Are you familiar with her at all, Alex, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Let's see married to bb Cue. Let's see if it comes up. Yeah it is. Okay, it's Brianna, Brianna, I love your stuff. She's local. I think she listens Brianna Stark, it's married, married to BBQ. She's one of those people. If it's real intricate and it's got twenty five different ingredients and it's going to take me hours to make, I'm never making it. But if it's some kind of a dip for Super Bowl and it's cream, cheese, sour cream and then more cheese and then this, I'll make that. If that's how I operate as well. If it's four or five things, it's like, oh my god, I think I can do that. And it looks it looks phenomenal. Her stuff looks really good like that. She makes it seem very very easy to make. And I'm a big fan of her. So I'm just again turning you all onto a little Instagram. If you like watching the food people making food and you like to make the stuff that they're making, her stuff's good. All right on the flip, let me take a quick break. We will find out what's trending. We will do a rec check, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of bed Head to Heavy Houston Alternative.
Speaker 1: And Home of The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, everybody. We do have that dense fog advisory for all of us this morning, So be careful out there on the roads. Nothing over a twenty four cent chance of reign with multily Cloudy's guys today, but another one in the eighties, two record breaking days back to back. We can see eighty one degrees today. All right, what's trending, dude? Marcus Jordan is trending.
Speaker 3: Michael Jordan's son was arrested for dui in possession of cocaine.
Speaker 2: H not so good.
Speaker 4: That's what people are talking about.
Speaker 2: This is the one you said. His name is Michael Marcus. This Marcus, because there is a Michael Jordan too, right, Junior? Yeah? Yeah? Is he the one that's banging Scottie Pippin's ex wife? I do not know. I think that's Michael Jordan, Junior. Okay, Yeah, that's weird too. Yeah, the boys are weird. How are you not going to be weird when your dad's.
Speaker 4: Michael Jordan, the greatest basketb play of all time?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, so he got picked up dui with coke and he's headlining the crazy Criminal blog page time.
Speaker 3: Also online, people talking about the CIA that's trending. They apparently sent buyout offers to their entire workforce this week. What yeah, let's should they're staying online. And then also Fantastic Four is trending. The trailer for the new Fantastic Four movie came out yesterday and people can't stop talking about it. I personally can't wait to see Batman in the Fantastic Four. Okay, I don't know about you, guys, but that's what trending on night pro fived the buzz.
Speaker 2: So that's why Vanessa Kirby's name is being thrown around. She's like in the Fantastic Four.
Speaker 3: Oh so I just don't want Deadpool in the Fantastic Four because I'm out on Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 5: Okay, see, you're getting your marvels and things mixed up.
Speaker 2: I think definitely not. I think you're in the wrong universe. All right, here we go.
Speaker 7: Goo, Good morning everyone. Hit the Top better known as Robert, this former fresh Fish is now you're fresh out of bed Head to Head one Day champion.
Speaker 2: Join me on Wednesday when I make it win number two.
Speaker 7: Bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a bit of an upset yesterday. It was good having Grandpa on seven one, three two. Think you can beat Pops? Call in now.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show on ns.
Speaker 2: NY four five, The Bus, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Lovely the Band and Burroken just checked out. The wild Card Wednesday feature Steve the Breadman. He's the other weirdo that's up early with us. He's like one of those dudes. The bread is early. Anybody that's in baking, Yeah, bread how you mixed sandwich is about bread? Time to make the donuts gies. Those guys are up early. Steve the Breadman is up early, and he sent us dude top ten on the year. I gotta go check her out, top ten on the year. This Wildcard Wednesday, Steve, great job, Denz Fog advisory mostly cloudy, twenty percent chance of rain, hive around eighty one.
Speaker 8: Let's play a game and now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, listeners to your corners.
Speaker 2: I still giggle when Robert told us his story. Yeah, I used to listen to you, and I moved away came back because I'm a grandpa.
Speaker 5: You were still on the radio and called in to play the game.
Speaker 2: That was Pop's story yesterday, Robert, good morning, good morning. I'm still here, Bro, I'm still here. Okay, all right, hey dude, that was a big win yesterday. I don't you know. Great win.
Speaker 5: Congratulations You're back for win number two hopefully.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I hope though. All right, yesterday you were a fresh fish your old news now because this is fresh fish.
Speaker 9: Ryan, Ryan, Good morning Ryan. Wait a minute, let me make sure this is all working.
Speaker 2: Ryan. Can you hear me? I can hear you? Nice fresh Ryan, I've got you.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: You've never played this game before. Huh no, never. I like mixing it up a little bit here. Oh all right, fileo fish. Yesterday Robert was a fresh fish. Ran. It's easy shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You need two correct answers to win today's prize. It is a rod Ryan show t shirt. Real easy questions. Ryan, you just got to get in there, Okay. I got to say your name.
Speaker 6: Huh sounds good?
Speaker 5: Okay, it does sound good. Sounds good when executed properly.
Speaker 2: It does sound good. Sounds horrible when you don't do anything about it. You got to do something there, Ryan and Robert, shout out your name when you think you know the answer? Question number one, are you listening, Alex, Yes, Okay, I don't need you to shout out your name. I just will thank you.
Speaker 5: I just need Robert and Ryan.
Speaker 2: What card game do you yell out a Spanish word when you have one card? Ryan?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have some savage Uno games in the Ryan house.
Speaker 2: Mean, Oh, it gets mean. And my kid just picked up where my mom was always the worst one with those wild pickup fours. My kid throws it out, doesn't have any strategy as soon as she gets it in her hand. As soon as she gets one in her hand. Oh boy, like I know what she's got. She's sitting next to me, and first card she'll always give to you wild pickup four and wins. Maybe that's a good strategy. Ryan, you're on the board. Welcome to the game. Cool Ryan and Robert, Robert, he did get you on that. He did get you many Question number two? What does a dog wag when they're happy? Ryan? Oh? I got Ryan got Ryan? You got Ryan on that? Ryan, it's pail. We got a new champion, fresh fish. Pops, you're out already, Pops. I loved your story, dude. The backstory all that stuff was great. You coming back to us after all these years. I loved having you on, Robert. I hope you play again this year.
Speaker 1: Good to be here.
Speaker 2: I'll be back, all right, pops fresh Ryan? Are you sure you've never played before?
Speaker 10: No long time listener, just never tried.
Speaker 2: Thought I tried this morning. Let me get this straight. You never even tried to play before, and you just picked up the phone today and said I'll try it today and you got through.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's I love it. I love it. That's what you need to do.
Speaker 5: My whole thing this year is get involved.
Speaker 10: Ryan.
Speaker 2: I appreciate having you on. You want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Sure, let's do it.
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 1: Why not the rod Ryan Show? The bus?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, ninety four or five in the bus, incimis stellar. Rod Ryan Show. Good morning everybody. Another nice day on tap. If you're into the eighty degree temperatures, which I kind of am. One for a little bike ride yesterday. Oh nice. You didn't ask, but I'm telling you, yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Was a good day.
Speaker 2: It just it was a great day to be outside. It was a really really good day to be outside. A little warm, but man, awesome, awesome. I hope you guys are taking advantage of getting outside wash the car. I got the car washed yesterday nice, So that means it's probably gonna rain soon. I don't know. I'm just letting you know that I washed my car, so there's probably rain coming in the next couple of days. What did you do? Twenty percent chance of rain mostly cloudy. Hi eighty one.
Speaker 8: Bring it Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 11: This is former fresh Fish Ryan and on Wednesday morning, I just decided to call the show. I've been listening to this game for years, but finally decided to get involved, making me your fresh out of bed head to Head one day champion. Bring on some more fresh Fish and join me Thursday when I make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty good.
Speaker 5: Little speech he put together over there.
Speaker 2: It's a really good speech. Got getting involved. I love it, love it, love it, I love it. I'm gonna have some ghost tickets coming up for you when we flash back to one of the fun facts they gave you yesterday, but it brought us some new ones today. It's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart in front of everybody.
Speaker 12: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. An ox is just a cow that's been domesticated. What do I mean, probably castrated and just trained to pull things a steer. I didn't know an ox and a cow were the same thing. Today a bull is a steer's a castrated bull. Maybe maybe I don't know. I'm just talking about oxes and cows. It's all I know. Today. An ox did he babe what they called the bass player, the who the Great Lakes. Approximately four hundred and thirty quintillion jewels of energy from the Sun hit the Earth every hour. That's more than the total energy everyone on the planet uses in an entire year.
Speaker 11: Is fo.
Speaker 1: Whoa.
Speaker 2: That's why they're trying to harness that damn son. Got to harness it. Finally, the reason that we capitalize the letter I is because the writers back in the thirteenth and the fourteenth centuries thought that the lowercase I looked a little weak. As it does.
Speaker 5: It was representing us. The lower case eye is weak. It's weak.
Speaker 2: That's why they capitalized it. That's neat, I like it. Shout out to those writers in the thirteenth and fourteenth century.
Speaker 4: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 2: We make you look smart and funny, everybodies, it's the fuck that to the day. Okay, So I've got some uh ticki ticks tickety ticks to go see Ghosts August sixteenth at the Toyota Center. Tickets are still available that the Toyota Center box office. You can just win them from us though, homeroom, we love you guys. How about this fact that Yeah, I'm gonna use the fact that was sent in from Michelle yesterday.
Speaker 5: There's enough concrete in this.
Speaker 2: To build a two lane highway from San Francisco to New York. I thought that was a pretty good fun fact yesterday. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know it, it's now time for rockout with your stock out with captain cash.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 2: Other than eggs, I wasn't really following anything yesterday and the finance world that's what I got hell for though. Hi, Howe, good morning brother Rod Dude. I know you talk about like, you know, the barrels and the oils and stuff like that. You might want to work in some eggs in there. Every day now it seems to.
Speaker 13: Be like there are you at eighteen dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm telling you. The egg, the egg rate.
Speaker 5: It seems to be like how they're measuring the economy right now.
Speaker 13: Well, if you're lucky, you'll go to a store where they're selling them one at a time.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, there you go. Well listen, how did we do on Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 13: Now the bad damn Wall Street. The Dow was up one hundred and thirty four points kick off this morning at forty four thousand, five hundred and fifty six NASDAC up two hundred and sixty two to nineteen thousand and six fifty four benchmark ten year Treasury is trading at a four point four to seven percent in oil stands at seventy one dollars eighty seven cents of barrow to the most active the big studs Chevron, Apple and Amazon. The big duds Merk, Coca Cola, and Walt Disney. On the Ecadomic calendar, this morning, we'll get numbers on the US trade deficit for December. Right now features kind of barely on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it. I'm out here. This is Highland Minis director with a ram dansporter for the ride, Ryan So, Raymond James, doun Sant, Philip Deni got send Duffy Boy's rock Out with your stockout.
Speaker 14: Famian's expressed for those of aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates, Income Ever, NYC, AT IBC, IART Radio or A sponsors informations mased on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmition, we'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end because programs are educational and informational services on the studs of duds are based on movement, as.
Speaker 2: Reported by Young ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back a Rod Ryan's show. Appreciate you guys being up dark and early with us. The phones have been really, really active this morning. Thank you. It's just good to know that you're out there. You see a bunch of emails pouring in and already h already very very active on our blog page, links and guests. Wildcard Wednesday off to a quick start. Tattooesday, Amber Lynn yesterday, but she's still getting a bunch of looks today. But now it's time. That's what it's time for. Get another one of our joshes. Hey Josh, Hey brother Rod, how are you. I'm doing good? How are you doing awesome? Thanks for being a part of home room today. Busy out there? What's what's different about today? Why is it so busy this morning? You think? Don't ask me. Everyone's up and ready to go and very alert. There is enough concrete in this to build a two lane highway from San Francisco all the way to New York City, which is mind boggling. What's the answer, answers.
Speaker 10: The Hoover Dam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we learned that yesterday.
Speaker 5: It was yesterday's fun fact. Have you ever seen the Hoover Dam?
Speaker 3: A plus actually went to Vegas and I had no desire to go there, and so my group wanted to go, and once we got there it was mind vote.
Speaker 10: It definitely recommended.
Speaker 2: Okay, I said the same thing yesterday. I get it.
Speaker 5: Most of us go into Vegas.
Speaker 2: It's in and out. You got a quick weekend, get up early, just one day, rent a car or do something and go see this thing, the Hoover Dam. It is a absolute spectacle. To think that men built this thing.
Speaker 10: It's crazy tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, all right, all right, we got the right guy here. Congratulations. I'm gonna give you tickets to go see Ghost August sixteenth at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 15: Okay, who all right? Thank you so much, man, thank you for being at home room. Josh hang on, God, you love football? I do you also love being rejected by women?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: This is the place for you. The Ron Ryan Show on ninety five The Buzz, Yeah, ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show on this wild card Wednesday. Man, it's a good one. It's a good one today. All right, Next hour Outlaw Music Festival tickets. That's Willie and Bob, Dylan and the Ape Brothers and more. Apparently those tickets don't go on sale until Friday. We'll get you those tickets before. I want to get an update here on a couple of things I'm gonna ask Chilly about do we have our person yet? Or is he giving you today to sign up? Do we have our person yet? Who's gonna come down and play read my lips tomorrow? I want to get an update on that. I will give you an update on where we're at with Mile of Meat. It's closed out. That's it. We got more than enough dudes ready to go, and we got quality, quality meat for you ladies that are gonna be out there for Mile of Meat, So we'll do an update on that. Of course, one hundred bottels of Love Street Blonde on the wall. You'll get an update on that. If you checked to see if your face has made it yet. This is your last week to get your submission into US, so lots of stuff to talk about. Dense fog advisory is happening today. That's kind of causing some havoc and to drive in mostly cloudy twenty percent chance of rain, high of around eighty one today. Alex with Houston's headlines, So good morning, ride Mourning Home Room.
Speaker 3: The US Postal Service says that it will temporarily suspend parcels from China and Hong Kong after President Donald Trump ended a trade provision this week that is used by retailers like Timu and Sheen to ship low value packages duty free to the US. The Trump administration imposed to a ten percent tariff on Chinese goods that went into effect yesterday and moved to CLO and moved to close the Deminimus exemption that allows US shoppers to avoid paying tariffs on shipments that are below eight hundred dollars. This has caused a significant challenge for the USPS because they were four million diminute miss packages per day last year. China's Foreign Ministry called for a meeting today between Beijing and Washington. They added the reducing demand for drugs at home and enhancing law enforcement cooperation would be a fundamental way for the US to solve its fentanyl crisis.
Speaker 5: So with my stuff from Timu, I'm not getting it now. It's not have you ordered from them?
Speaker 2: Never? Have you checked it out?
Speaker 4: I don't. It seems sketchy when you go on it, it seems glitchy, it seems hacky.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. You know what got me to order some stuff from Timu that is like two dollars? When I saw a Super Bowl ad, I'm like, they're not going to take super Bowl money from a sketch company. Are they in crypto companies that ended up scamming people? Yeah, pets dot Com too back in the day. Yeah, I've ordered stuff from them and it is cheap. It's cheaper quality stuff. But I mean, it takes like nine years to get there. It takes a little bit of time. I just keep it in the back pocket. I know now's a bad time to tell you about it, but your kid is growing so fast. True, I buy still to this day. This is just me being cheap. I still buy my kids cheap clothes just because she's grown. She grows out of them. And sometimes you buy something she wears at one time and then that's sense she never wears it again. TMU, I guess I do buy close from Yeah.
Speaker 3: President Donald Trump plans to attend Super Bowl fifty nine in New Orleans on Sunday. He'll be the first sitting US president to attend the game. Three sitting vice presidents have attended the Super Bowl before, Al Gore, George hw Booss, George hw Bush and Spiro Agnew.
Speaker 4: Excuse me.
Speaker 3: Him being at the game is also going to mean that there's going to be a significant increase in security that was already ramped up because of the New Year's Day terror attack on Bourbon Street last month, which caused a delay of the Sugar Bowl by a day.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Donald Trump will being there.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know what kind of havoc that wreaks on security.
Speaker 3: I just it's probably just gonna make it a pain and the ass again in the game, more than it already would be.
Speaker 2: I think it's cool that a sitting president's going to the biggest sporting event of the year, the biggest event of the year.
Speaker 3: And they also removed end racism from the behind the end zones, which means congratulations, racism is gone.
Speaker 4: Guys, did it?
Speaker 2: What is your idea of a perfect day?
Speaker 3: Well, according to a poll, most Americans say that would just mean napping and watching TV. The poll asked people how they would spend a day if they were free to do anything that they wanted, and according to the people that were surveyed, the perfect twenty four hours in a day would involve six hours and fifty four minutes of sleep, two hours of eating, three hours of family time, an hour and twenty four minutes of hanging out with friends, an hour and six minutes of hanging with pets, three hours and six minutes of watching TV, an hour and eight minutes on hobbies, an hour and a half playing on phones, forty eight minutes of exercise, forty eight minutes of shopping at forty two minute nap on top of your sleep. Already in an hour and eighteen minutes spent listening to music. So that is a breakdown of all of the twenty four hour period.
Speaker 2: It sounds confusing. Why didn't they just ask Chili perfect day, blue Bloods and naps? Blue Bloods Naps, come in here for a couple of hours. Hang with us, Yeah, hang with your favorite morning go home, hang out with his twenty five dogs. Right, sleep, watch some TV, eat, back to sleep.
Speaker 4: That's the dream.
Speaker 2: Those guy's live in the perfect life. The average person expects to have sixteen perfect days.
Speaker 3: A year, which averages out to about one perfect day every three weeks. Michael Jordan's son Marcus, was arrested for driving under the influence and cocaine possession. Jordan apparently got his Lamborghini stuck on some train tracks early yesterday morning. When cops arrived, they noticed that he was slurring his words, so they gave him a field sobriety test that he failed. According to police bodycam footage, Jordan kept telling the police that he disagreed with them that he was impaired, and he also made sure to mention that he was, in fact Michael Jordan's son. The cops then found a baggy of cocaine in one of his pockets when they were searching him. Jordan was booked on three charges dui crash with property damage, possession of cocaine, and resisting an officer without violence.
Speaker 4: He was released just a few hours after his arrest.
Speaker 3: Disturbs Dan Dunagan says that the songs came back to him rather quickly when preparing for the band's upcoming down with the Sickness twenty fifth anniversary tour, who were shut the album that essentially launched the band into stardom. Each night's gonna feature two sets of music. They're gonna play this Sickness album in full, and then they'll play a set full of their greatest hits to It kicks off later this month, and it's gonna have stops in San Antonio and Fort Worth, but not Houston.
Speaker 2: Weird that it's not coming yet. We've got a great relationship with that band. We have an awesome relationship.
Speaker 3: No idea what their reasoning behind that is, but yeah, it's confusing. Lest they got something up their sleeves, a little surprise trip.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's just it. It makes no sense to me. And I'm not even piling on because there's already a big group of our listeners that think, oh, Houston gets the shaft on all these tours.
Speaker 5: Listen to lot, not talk to my friends over in New Orleans. Nothing goes there anymore.
Speaker 2: So we do get a lot, but it does seem like we're getting skipped on a few things here and there. This one makes no sense to me. I didn't get it either, these guys.
Speaker 5: I mean, we are tight with disturbed. Okay, what you got in sports?
Speaker 3: Well, the Rockets fell the nets last night ninety nine and ninety seven. They led by four with eight point one second left, but a series of unfortunate events let the game get away from them.
Speaker 2: They've now lost four straight.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have a day off before playing a Timberwolves tomorrow night up in Minnesota.
Speaker 4: That is what's going on in sports, all right.
Speaker 16: Here we go.
Speaker 17: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Fuel and hemorrhage in my hands. Welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from home room, well, awesome if you're just joining us, Wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakes. There is a dense fog advisory. It sounds like Christina Cruz. This sounds like these wreck checks are taking a little bit longer. Yeah, it does this morning. So I'm just what does that mean? Is one of you gonna leave two minutes earlier? No, no, you won't, even though I'm telling you leave a couple minutes early today. Nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain. Yesterday we broke a record with warm temperatures. The day before we broke a record with warm temperatures. So I don't know what rock. I can't keep track of this weather record stuff that. There's people that do that, but I just happen to leave it. I happened to hear that. I thought that was a bit of a fun fact to pass along. I've got Outlaw Music Festival tickets for you. This hour. We announced that show with Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan and the Avitt Brothers and Moore. I don't know if they're throwing in those red clay dudes, but the tickets are going on sale Friday at ten o'clock. I'll have them for you.
Speaker 5: On the flip of the upcoming break that I have so closer to around seven twenty. So sit around. If you sit around with us, hang out.
Speaker 2: And chill if you want Outlaw Music Festival tickets before they even go on sale. I didn't look at the extended forecast. I'm just I'm just letting you know. Washed my car yesterday. It's gonna rain, right, Yeah, it's gonna rain. Is it gonna rain?
Speaker 4: The rain should wash your car. I don't understand the logic behind it. Not now, I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: It was so bad after that. I hadn't watched it since. Have you washed your vehicles since the snow and all that? Absolutely not horrific. I mean, it's the dirtiest my cars have ever been, really really bad. Rain Thursday, twenty twenty, Okay, I might be good. Might not get any real rain? Okay, Monday and Tuesday we're gonna see some rain.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 2: What else? Get outside? These are awesome days, man, Get outside if you can, You're gonna be outside. A week from Friday is Valentine's Day. Oh this is your reminder, guys, Hey, don't be a cement head. Valentine's Day is next Friday. If you've got to order something your team ou cheap crap that you're buying, your chicks probably probably not gonna be here, so you're gonna have to buy some domestic domestically, they're gonna have to, you know, ship your stuff by local or buy local, but guys, or make it. Don't come to me and ask me for details about Steak and BJ Day, which is next month. If you don't take care of your girl on Valentine's Day, you're not celebrating Steak and BJ Seaking BJ Day is off for you. If you don't do something for Valentine's Day. Now, if you're looking for something fun to do on Valentine's Day, we're gonna be out next Friday. Where were we at? Cack this coved again, this cove? Okay, what time people are getting me on the time? Usually around six we get there, get there early. Valentine's Day on a Friday night. It's gonna be packed. It's gonna be packed, and Gunner knows it. Gunner is the guy that runs everything. He knows it's gonna be packed. He knows we're gonna have a killer party. The one thing that I wanted to announce that I wanted to make sure I get chili chilli. I'll get you involved.
Speaker 15: Here.
Speaker 2: You came and picked up the folder. Bro, you the mile of meat. You can close it out. We got all the dudes we need. We got the twenty dudes. I are still put some alternates in there for you.
Speaker 16: All right, quality quality. The lineup of six footers plus this year. Yeah, I don't know where these guys came from. They're big, they're tall. Wait, did you see these guys have some athletes.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We got tall dudes. I can say that. I don't know. Again, you know they had to send in pictures and all that stuff. There's gonna be the bearded guys. There's all kinds of stuff out there.
Speaker 5: Twenties, thirties, forties and fifties.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 2: That's who's going to be out there on the roadside.
Speaker 4: Well, but something for everybody.
Speaker 2: Now, Chillie, what do you do? You call these guys? You email them? How does it work?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: What's the next layer?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 2: To get these guys involved?
Speaker 10: What I usually do?
Speaker 18: Shoot out an email and then I call them okay, and then I tell them I talked to them, and then they're like, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, men and whatever, and never hear back from them.
Speaker 10: So I always tell them check the email that I've said.
Speaker 2: Not listen, why you got to bring in the negativity? Got to come on up. Basis, they applied to be in the Mile of Meat. You're saying that somebody would apply and then you would not hear back from them as they've been in the past.
Speaker 5: Well, that's why I gave you a couple ultras.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So, and I'm gonna be missed a positive sunshine.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm doing it. You know what I'll do Right now, it's all in column, and.
Speaker 18: They are so wonderful that they're gonna pick up and they talk.
Speaker 3: To me and tell me.
Speaker 5: Okay, can you imagine if Chili talked like that all the time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I had a time on my shorts.
Speaker 2: Right now, you can pull down whatever you're gonna do to alter that page, but you can pull down the fact that we are looking for single dudes to apply to be in next Friday's Mile of Meat twenty plus awesome guys. Now it's gonna be focused on women, ladies, single ladies, lovesick. You're gonna need to drive by. I'll tell you exactly where they're gonna be on West Timer coming up soon, but they're gonna be out next Friday morning.
Speaker 5: Alex will be out there corraling the boys.
Speaker 2: You'll be out there with the miracle mile, a mile of dudes, a mile of meat will be on the roadside. Dude, there's a ton of six footers, six plus. There's sixty three in there. Yeah, there's a six thread, might be a six to.
Speaker 8: Four in there.
Speaker 10: It's short girl, heaven right there.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you you're not gonna miss them, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a miracle mile of dudes on the roadside on Westheimer. And I'm gonna beg you women to go, single chicks, go check out these dudes. They'll all be numbered on the roadside. I'm predicting an amazing mile of meat this year. I really am the fact factor in its Friday.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's gonna add to it. That just that just makes it that much.
Speaker 2: More fun for everybody. The only downside, man, I'm scheduling my uber. Yeah, the only downside is was we it's a great it's an upside because we don't have to be here in the morning. The downside is we don't get all the tea until the following after the weekend.
Speaker 4: Isa, excusay, if we have Monday.
Speaker 2: Off, that's okay. There'll be plenty of tea, plenty of tea, plenty of tea to go around for everyone. Mile of meat closed out. I'm predicting one of the greatest mile of meats of all time. Okay, that's what's happening here. So single ladies, you're looking to change things and just to mix it up and have some fun do it. We're gonna need you next Friday morning to go and check out these cutlets of me. Great job, guys on submitting your applications. I'm telling you it's gonna be great.
Speaker 17: Houston is Rock Houston's alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show alternative.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: We are back.
Speaker 2: I got some great tickets coming up for you in just a little bit again. Spotlight on Christina Cruz holding down traffic, doing a great job too. She says, it's busy out there. I don't know if this fog is wreaking havoc on you, but there is a dense fog advisory, mostly cloudy highs up around eighty one. First phone call this morning, told us you guys got to get away from that sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce. I think I just like saying sweet baby Raise.
Speaker 4: It's a fun thing to say, sweet baby Rays, Sweet baby Ray.
Speaker 5: We did a shot of sweet Baby Rays at last year's ditch Day.
Speaker 2: I put a little vodka in that. Oh did you? I did not. It's just uh. He told us to use Kinders, which I have some at the house now that I realize it, Kristen says, Kinders is from my hometown. Dude, I've been to the original location in California many times. Best barbecue ever. But this is how Kristen winds up the email from Chris, Love you Rod, Chris Pray for California. PS. I thought you'd like to hear this. Alex is killing it. I love hearing more of his personality coming out. He's a fun, odd little dude.
Speaker 4: I liked all the part except for little I.
Speaker 2: I don't remember you being surmised so well. He's a fun odd.
Speaker 4: Little dude, fun, fun odd dude.
Speaker 2: You don't like the little part?
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 4: Take an average size.
Speaker 2: What's trending?
Speaker 3: Wildfire Wednesday is trending Ambra Geoo.
Speaker 4: By Steve the Redman. Go give her a look.
Speaker 2: Top ten people are top ten on the year. Bro, A lot of people are looking right now. I'm saying, I'm just saying you need to take a look in your top ten list. Also training is JJ Watt. He and his wife Klea are having another kid. They announced yesterday. Oh good for him, So congratulations to them.
Speaker 5: Don't we want like an army of Watts?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you had eleven of them on either side of the ball, like that's a solicity to athlete jeans.
Speaker 4: And then his wife is a professional soccer player, like man.
Speaker 2: The family thing is fun. I'm even as much as I'm I'm tired of these Kelsey's.
Speaker 5: You know, they're in our lives forever.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Kelsey's like the Mannings, they're in our lives forever.
Speaker 4: March.
Speaker 2: But you got those Watt brothers that were football players, three of them. They're all gonna be pounding out kids. There's gonna be Watts like Mannings, and you know what I mean, there's gonna be This is a generational thing. Plus he's with a professional soccer player. What kind of animals are they gonna turn out?
Speaker 3: Whatever happened to Stepanie Graff andre Agassi's kids, because I am really bummed that they did not turn out to be superstar tennis player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not always guarantee, I know, it's not like, what were we doing here? Well, that's why you can't rely on just the superstar couple. You need Cooper Manning to produce Arch Manning, you know, you need lesser. Noah's arguably the most talented of the three brothers.
Speaker 5: He was an amazing He was an amazing wide receiver in his day and.
Speaker 3: Then also trending today, USPS is trending the United States, says temporaries has been in packages and parcels coming from China and Hong Kong because of Donald Trump's tariffs.
Speaker 4: That is what's trending on that.
Speaker 2: By the buzz, all right, we have some great tickets here for you. We announced the Outlaw Music Festival July sixth. It's at the Woodlands, right Yeah, Willie, Dylan, Avett Brothers and Moore will be appearing on that stage July sixth.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Tickets will go on sale Friday.
Speaker 2: We have a pair before they go on sale to call her ten right now seven one, three, two one, two, five, nine, four five, dunning their helmets and shoulder pads. Gay MARIANI stood ready to make music.
Speaker 12: Come with you the Rod Ryan Show holding on ninety.
Speaker 2: Four five the bus four five the buzz Rocket with popa Roach even if it kills me?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Do I love that song?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Help, You're off to a great start to your day. I hope that helped. That helps Sometimes when I hear stuff like that, definitely, it kind of gets me going a little bit thinking less about that dense fog advisory that we haven'tmplemented today, mostly cloudy highs of around eighty one. Let's go over to the phones here. Good morning, good morning, good morning. Who's this, Tayo?
Speaker 3: Do you? Tay you do.
Speaker 8: Day?
Speaker 2: Call her?
Speaker 1: Ten?
Speaker 2: Going to the Outlaw Music Festival, Tayo, you're going?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Take us out on sale until Friday. What do you know about Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan, Tayo, what do you know about the Well? I know my wife is gonna love it, yea.
Speaker 10: But I know he hangs out with Snoop dogat well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they smell weed together.
Speaker 5: You're right, all right, You're not wrong, Tao, You're not wrong.
Speaker 2: At all. So you and the wife are gonna be going to this show now?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, yeah, she's gonna love it.
Speaker 2: All right, it's July sixth. Alex is the one that turned me out. Of the Avid Brothers, They're awesome, they really are, and we talked about. There's a documentary on them May at Last. It's by Jed Apatow, Judd Apatow, who made all of the movies Knocked Up and this is forty Sarah marsh Get Sarah Marshall. Yeah, j appetite, he man, it's his favorite band and he made a documentary on them. The Avid Brothers are really really talented guys. Man Tao, have a great time with the show. Thanks for listening, dude, all right, thank you, thank you, guys, thank you, brother, thank you. I know you're covering this in Houston's headlines, but Casa de Waffle waffle house has posted signs alerting customers. I didn't see this firsthand. I haven't been to a waffle house in a while. There's a fifty cent per egg search charge for the foreseeable future. This reminds me a little bit like when they put the toll roads in here and they said we're gonna charge a toll, you know, the belt Way. We're gonna charge a toll until we pay it off, and then we'll just rip these booths out and then you guys can just use the road for free. Guys.
Speaker 3: And then I saw it's like a private company, and the private company has it, and now they make money off of you.
Speaker 5: Correct, it's never going away.
Speaker 2: So the fifty cent per egg surcharge, which is deemed as a this is for now situation.
Speaker 4: I was trying to get with the economy.
Speaker 2: I don't care if they start giving eggs out for free. They're not.
Speaker 5: They're not taking that fifty cent search charge from.
Speaker 2: The chickens waffle house. I don't know. I'm a coop in the back. Does this open it up for Denny's and every other place anybody that serves egg everybody? All you got to do is just put a little put a little insert slippery slope we're on, put a little insert in there. You can just print one out yourself. You put it in all your menus, and like, listen, we're getting crushed here on these eggs.
Speaker 4: As your market price is what you'll start saying.
Speaker 2: Avian Flew, You've got to make difficult decisions here. We hate doing it, but we've got to charge more for our eggs. They did this a couple of years ago with the chicken wings. Remember the chicken wings went crazy through the roof. Right, super Bowl time too, Yeah, I haven't seen now there's still time super Bowl. Well super Bowl is this Sunday? Right, I haven't seen anything listed as a shortage.
Speaker 3: Well, we had no shortages, but we did have those people trying to say broccoli and cauliflowers what you should go with because everything is more expensive now, but a couple you can have ten people over for ten dollars.
Speaker 2: A few years back, didn't Velvita Cheese say hey, guys, we're worried there's not going to be enough velvet to cheese for your super Bowl party. And then everybody just bought it off the shelves.
Speaker 4: Make more of it.
Speaker 2: They created the reason that you couldn't get Velveta cheese because they said there was going to be limited supply, which I don't believe that.
Speaker 5: It's like beanie babies. They flooded the market with it.
Speaker 2: Print more cheese, make double the cheese, and then we're gonna put out that we're low on it, and then boom, and then it really did seem like you couldn't get.
Speaker 5: Velveta cheese just because everybody was buying extra.
Speaker 2: It so waffle House placing a surg charge on eggs. That's on the food blog page, and a bunch of other food stories. But I wanted to mention this. Guys, you know how much I love hashtag Monday selfie. We brought it back this week and over three hundred of you dropped a selfie down on our Facebook page. And thanks to our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union, one of you got One of you got one hundred bucks just for dropping a selfie on our Facebook page.
Speaker 5: I love it, Okay, Why do I love it so much?
Speaker 2: It's when I talk about actors, how when they go and take time off to go do Broadway. They like seeing the crowd, They like getting crowd interaction. You're making movies all the time, and there's really no.
Speaker 4: No real time reaction.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 2: I gotta look at the twins all morning long.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
Speaker 2: It's nice knowing that there. I get emails and calls and I get it. I feel great about it. Okay, but I do like to see the people that are listening to the show. It's really a fun thing for me, but I want you to be safe doing it. There's been a running count documenting people that have lost their lives taking selfies. That is listed as a cause of death now since two thousand and eight. They started keeping track of this between two thousand and eight and eight and twenty twenty one and estimated three hundred and seventy nine people have met their demise in some sort of a selfie related accident. In recent years, it's gotten worse. Okay, the most up to date figures are suggesting now the current selfie tol has climbed as high as four hundred and eighty at the end of twenty twenty four. What's going on?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Yes, Now, you got a bull charging at you, and you turn around and you want to get a picture of that right before the bull, you know, rams your ass with is I get that? That's dangerous, That's not time. Let's get out of the way of the bull. Let's not take a selfie right then and there. I've seen people walking around on their phones and they're talking and they've you know, falling into a manhole or whatever. We obviously stuff like that.
Speaker 5: The deaths with the selfies, I don't get.
Speaker 2: I'm not understanding unless it's associated with extreme sports, associated with accidents that are.
Speaker 3: Happening on stay you know, but where you're like trying to you're on the edge of a rock or a cliff and you're trying to get the perfect shot and you don't realize it and you back up off of it.
Speaker 2: Between twenty fourteen and twenty sixteen, what the hell is going on in India? At least fifty four deaths in India alone. The Indian Ministry of Tourism is like saying, guys, be careful taking pictures of yourself I want to keep it going. You're like, well, that's not a lot, Rod.
Speaker 12: It's a lot.
Speaker 2: Some people call it standing out the Herd selfie related accidents, and that has been brought up too. Fitting out the Herd has been brought up. Be careful if you're taking selfies out there, guys, please, we want we want to see you, and I want to keep the program going every Monday now for the next couple of weeks, but just not in dangerous situations, okay, please? The Ryan Show, good Mornings one ninety four five The Buzz Marcy Playground, Sex and Candy rod Ryan Show on a wild card Wednesday, that's her number one link today. The submitted Instagram feature of the day on The rod Ryan Show blog page number two is looking at Girls and I'm caught up in it too. I mean, you know, I'm a whore for web hits, but I think she's been on there every single day. Bianca sensory and not even sure if I'm saying it right, but that's Kanye west White, Kanye saying that she is the most googled woman in the world right now, and he takes satisfaction in that he wants us to see his wife naked because there's still so much talk of her or what she wore or didn't wear on the red carpet at the Grammys. I don't know much about her. She's an architect. I actually saw some videos of her talking, so she knows how to speak, if you think about it. Most people that have seen her have seen her either walking somewhere with Kanye, and she always has a blank stare on her face.
Speaker 5: She looks like she's being held captive, and.
Speaker 2: Most of us don't know anything about her for three days now, I mean Monday was did you see what this chick was wearing or not wearing at the Grammys? Yesterday's entry on the Looking at Girl's blog page is here is Beyonca Sensory from every angle. It was like, here's what the paparazzi looked like.
Speaker 5: What she looked like on the right side and on the left side, I mean every angle.
Speaker 4: And from above Pard's view.
Speaker 2: It's the only thing I don't think I had drone footage of her yesterday. I today met Bianca Sensory, Kanye West partner who almost went fully nude at the twenty twenty five Grammy Awards. So now we're getting to know her a little bit and finding out, Okay, who is this chick. He's been with her for a while and she's been wearing outrageous costumes and outfits everywhere they go. But it took the Grammys with wearing nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, apparently where that thing is is gonna get you noticed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I know she's not the first to do it. She's the first to do it this blatant.
Speaker 4: Okay, anybody else showed up naked before?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: If you remember, I mean there's always.
Speaker 4: Lady Giga with the meat dress.
Speaker 2: There's always been nipples out there floating around and people flashing their nips and their their naughty bits. Nothing this blatant. But even Rose McGowan, that was at the Grammys. If you remember, do you remember if I say Rose McGowan and Marilyn Manson, do you know what I'm talking about, Because that was a famous outfit, almost as famous as what Jlo wore. If I say Jlo Green dress, you know what I'm talking about. Okay, But if you think back Rose McGowan, look at what she wore. She just like netting like Marti gral beads, and then Marilyn.
Speaker 4: Manson borrowed a suit from Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was outrageous for its day.
Speaker 4: And yeah, it's still pretty pretty outrageous, I would say.
Speaker 2: But Biancus Sen, sorry, I had to just like wear nothing. Yeah, I mean, her cups is out everything.
Speaker 4: There's like make a dress out of pantios.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what it is. So if you're worried about her welfare, everybody says that she's good. She loves the attention. And then for the first time ever on the looking at a girl's blog page. It shows her singing and talking and smiling. Nice. I've never seen that before. I had to go to the ex to get that. So they have a I'm doing it, Everyone's doing it. Kanye says, she's the most googled woman on the planet right now, and I'm contributing to that. She's headlining me. Looking at girls blog page. She is singing in this bar type setting. Kanye, of course is right there.
Speaker 5: She's wearing next to nothing, but you can hear she has a voice.
Speaker 2: So she's just not a fembot, which I'll let you this, and apparently not under distress or duress. She likes what's happening to her right now. So looking at girls blog page number two, oh maybe probably now the number one blog page. Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Here we go, ninety four or five Buzz League of Park paper cut rod Ryan Show on a wildcard Wednesday. I hope you're up to a great start to your day. Appreciate all the time you're spending with us this morning. We got that dense fog advisory. We be careful out there on the roads mostly cloudy today. I see nothing over a twenty percent chance rain highs up around eighty one. Got Monster Jam tickets for you. We're gonna be out there with Saturday down on the pits at Energ Stadium beforehand. You can buy your tickets and your pit passes at ticketmaster dot com for the Saturday's final Monster Jam of the season, or you can win them from US eight twenty. Stick around for that right now. I got Alex with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: The US Postal Service says that it will temporarily suspend parcels from China and Hong Kong after President Donald Trump ended a trade provision this week that is used by retailers like Timu and Sheen to ship low value packages duty free to the United States. The Trump administration imposed a ten percent tariff on Chinese goods that went into effect yesterday and moved to close the de Minimus exemption that allows US shoppers to avoid paying tariffs on shipments that are below eight hundred dollars. This has caused a significant challenge for the US because the US Postal Service because there were four million de Minimus packages per day last year. Texas Governor Greg Abbott is ready to allow online sports betting in Texas. During an appearance on the Texas Take podcast, Abbott said that he has no objection to the state legislature passing a law to join thirty nine other states they have already legalized it. In order to allow sports betting in Texas, the state legislature would need to amend its constitution by getting a two thirds vote from both chambers. Back in twenty twenty three, of bill ill legalize gambling on sports cleared the House by an eighty two to fifty one vote, but was never picked up by the Senate. State Senator Carol Alvarado has reintroduced another bill this year that would allow sports betting.
Speaker 2: Nobody has done anything about the price of eggs.
Speaker 3: We were just talking about this, but waffle House has now added a fifty cent surcharge on each egg that they sell at all of its nearly two thousand locations. The company says that it is a temporary measure that they plan to adjust based on the price of eggs going forward.
Speaker 4: No one seems to know.
Speaker 3: When the price of eggs are going to go down, though, and one of the main factors for the rise in price is the bird flow out break that's affected more than one and thirty five million birds in the US.
Speaker 2: Dude, I can go a month, maybe two without eating an egg, cooking eggs, you know, and using them.
Speaker 4: And then all this talk makes me want an egg.
Speaker 2: It makes me want an egg. It makes me want to make an omelet.
Speaker 4: We if we just go ostrich eggs? Where they going?
Speaker 2: Bro, I don't know how you get more bang for your buck about the other eggs that are out there, make eggs. I am not messing around monkey around with other eggs. Monkey eggs, eggs. Don't your monkeys don't.
Speaker 4: Lay eggs, you get monkey box.
Speaker 2: I think everyone's gonna jump on this. We talked about, well, you just talked about costa dy Waffle, Denny's, anything that's serving breakfast.
Speaker 5: They're gonna charge you more for the eggs. They're gonna pass along that to you.
Speaker 2: The cost They're not gonna just what do you think You're just gonna absorb the cost of eggs and keep the prices the same. Probably, I think waffle House is jumping out on this first. Uh, stay tuned for every single place that's of eggs to charge more.
Speaker 3: While Blas is doing it first, because they know if you're going to argue at him, they'll just fight you.
Speaker 4: Like that's that's the one you don't want to mess with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like that waitress will kill you.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 4: The cook's gonna come out here with this batchal that he's gonna whip your ass.
Speaker 2: If you want to keep arguing, we got more Super Bowl ads. You don't like watching these? I mean, I'm not gonna go out of my way to watch ads.
Speaker 4: This is not what I do.
Speaker 3: I you spend the money you have to make me watch them when I'm watching ads, Like, I'm not gonna watch an ad to watch an ad.
Speaker 5: Here's what worked a couple of years ago on me, the team of wed.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now the fact is I'm working for you.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying the fact that they bought a commercial during the Super Bowl legitimize the site for me, and that's when I started using them.
Speaker 4: Would you say their ad was terrific?
Speaker 5: I wouldn't, nor would I ever do any of that.
Speaker 4: I was just trying that one out, horrible, try it out.
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 3: So yeah, new ones came out yesterday. New One's release yesterday. Matthe mcconaughe, Kevin Bacon. Martha Stewart, Charlie XCX, and Sean Evans from Hot Ones are in a commercial for Uber eat Stella Artois featuring David Beckham and Matt Damon in an ad that was directed by Ben Affleck and Frank's Red Hot commercial.
Speaker 4: There is going to have Paris Hilton. So those are your highlights from what came out yesterday.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you.
Speaker 4: Guys are stoked.
Speaker 2: To my kids, Paris Hilton just doesn't seem like a hot commodity that's hot to be using. I know that was her thing.
Speaker 3: That was her thing, so that would make sense. She'll try it. That's hot, I mean, I guess I bet that's what the commercial is.
Speaker 2: I hadn't even watched it. She's still super recognizable, yeah, but like not top of mind. She's kind of mommed out. Now she like got cooler. I feel like, well because a real voice. Yeah, it was a hating on her, and then she went away for a little bit.
Speaker 3: She came back and was like, look, I was a little goofy okay, now look at me, and people accepted her. I feel like it cost eight million dollars for a thirty second ad in the Big.
Speaker 1: Game this year.
Speaker 3: The Fire Aid benefit concerts last week raised over one hundred million dollars to support recovery efforts for the LA wildfires. It all came from donations, ticket sales, sponsorships, and merchandise sales. They are all releasing a ninety track benefit album that'll come out on Friday.
Speaker 4: It's called Good Music to Lift Los Angeles and we'll.
Speaker 3: Be available at bandcamp dot com for twenty dollars and twenty five cents. In addition to songs from the benefit show, it'll also feature contributions from Arim, Modest Mouse, Death, Cab for Cut, Tenacious.
Speaker 1: D, and more.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: I was crunching some numbers in my head.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: One hundred million dollars is an astonishing amount of money.
Speaker 4: You do just about wherever you want.
Speaker 2: But I told you that they went into that concert they had already raised sixty million, and then it was announced during the intro. I think Billy Crystal did it. There's some super uber rich dude that was at the concert. He said him and his wife are going to match everything that comes in for the concert, So that means they made sixty going in.
Speaker 5: You're telling me there was one hundred total.
Speaker 2: That means they made forty during the concert, which they only made twenty because the guy matched it. He matched it. Yeah, so they made twenty million dollars on the concert, which it's an incredible amount of money, right, I just thought it would have been more, to be honest with you, I thought it would have been more knowing that they were before the first guitar strum of Green Day, they were sitting at sixty. That's true, and the guy doubled everything.
Speaker 3: So maybe all of the numbers haven't officially come out, though it could be two hundred.
Speaker 2: Here's what matters. It's an incredible amount of money. Just suspend it the right way, make sure it goes to the people that really need it. Okay, Paris Hilton does not need help rebuilding her third home that got burned down, right, I agree? All right?
Speaker 3: What you got in sports, Well, the Rockets fou the Nets last night ninety nine ninety seven. They had a four point lead with eight point one seconds left, but let the game get away from them. They've now lost four straight and are gonna have a day off before playing the Timberwolves tomorrow night up in Minnesota.
Speaker 4: That is what's going on in sports?
Speaker 2: All right, let's go guys. Got those Monster Jam tickets coming up for you in about twenty some minutes. To sit tight, rock and alternative are The rod.
Speaker 1: Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Offspring, the kids aren't all right? Halfway part of the show paper, Yeah, halfway eight oh four nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain mostly cloudy, dense fog advisory hies today of around eighty one.
Speaker 5: All right, well, I appreciate you starting your day off with us.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Monster Jam tickets coming up. Alternative Income in a little over an hour from now. We'll kick it off at nine ten. I'm sorry, Yeah, nine ten for your first shot of the day to win a thousand dollars an alternative income. All right, listen to the keyword. Then you're gonna have to enter it at the Buzz dot com. Then Jeremy will do it ten after the hour. Teresa will do it ten after the hour until five to ten, so we'll get you started. You know, it's a national contest. You know, Radio wizards always on us to get some local winners. Here because it makes him look good and it kind of makes us look good too. We only got that one opportunity, man, I would love for one of you guys to score that thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: So that's in about an hour from now. We'll leave you with Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 2: Alex is always consistent on his stance. He finds it weird that we look to the Super Bowl commercials as entertainment and people flock to go watch them before they actually air. Yeah, and that's the beauty. You spend that eight million dollars to get a super Bowl commercial. Don't think for a second, Well, it plays one time for eight million dollars, No, it doesn't. It keep it playing afterwards. That used to be the thing. You'd get your commercials strike the whole next year on the super Bowl and then that's what you'd see the rest of the And Chili has been keeping up on this. Now Chili again, I sent you more commercials. So there were new ones that came out yesterday. Yeah, you've been keeping a running blog page of these. We have We have almost well, I mean, anyone that has released the commercial that's going to be in the super Bowl at some point over the last week, we've posted it and you put it on that same blog page, right, so just keep scrolling down, you'll see everything.
Speaker 18: Man, we got close to like fifteen or sixteen or maybe even more commercials that I've added that we have on that one page.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if that's something that you want to see every single year, there's a television show this year. It airs tonight super Bowl Greatest Commercials slash Funniest of all Time.
Speaker 5: It's on at eight o'clock today.
Speaker 2: Nate Burleson's gonna host it, and somebody from ncis Los Angeles. There's a television show that's gonna do nothing but highlight commercials.
Speaker 3: The old ones, though, are funny, like I'm not gonna go be like, oh, we'll let me see what new hot pocket commercial they've got.
Speaker 2: But if you look up the greatest Super Bowl commercial of all time, no one has been able to outdo the Apple commercial from nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 8: Night.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there was a Super Bowl spot, Hey kid, the Coke commercial. I thought it was.
Speaker 5: See if that's a super Bowl specific commercial.
Speaker 10: I like the Doritos with a little kid time machines.
Speaker 2: It is a super Bowl Okay, men, Joe Green is definitely a super Bowl spot on seventy nine Chile.
Speaker 5: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: The time Machine with the Doritos, and that was wasn't that user generated, like that was a contest that that wasn't produced by a big Hollywood studio. That was people sending in commercials.
Speaker 10: Wow for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did not know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what they're doing this here too.
Speaker 10: I was today years old when I found that out.
Speaker 5: Phrases that people don't want to use that anymore.
Speaker 2: Check Apple in nineteen eighty four. Do you when I say the Apple nineteen eighty four commercial, do you know exactly what I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: She smashes it. All the weird people are standing there.
Speaker 2: Big brother, yeah, big brother, and she throws the hammer at that huge screen. Some big Hollywood director made the video. The video same. I just called it a video. It's a commercial for Apple, but like Ridley Scott might have made it or somebody like that. Okay, it's Nobody has done a better super Bowl commercial since nineteen eighty four. I mean there's been I think there's been a lot better. A simple goal will search best Super Bowl commercials all time? Apple, nineteen eighty four, Budweiser frogs. Listen.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was good.
Speaker 2: Listen. I worked for bud Light for a number of years. For a lot of years, I never thought the frogs were funny. Why did you think the frogs were funny than the What's Up?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 2: Can you take yourself? I as a kid, that was that was the heigh of comedy.
Speaker 13: Can you take.
Speaker 5: Yourself back to when we first saw the Was Up?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 3: That they were both funny. I think they're both better than than the Apple one.
Speaker 5: I never thought the Budweiser frogs were that funny, to be honest.
Speaker 18: With you, when they were riding on top of the alligator with that with jamming, I won the jam with you.
Speaker 2: Ok, Yeah, that was funny. You're right. But the marketing that went along with it, Yeah, the Budweiser frog t shirts that were out there, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 18: How about the one with that stunt guy for bud Wise, for bud Light, a stunt guy, Ted Ferguson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was a pretty There was some pretty cool how about right off the top of my head, Ted Ferguson, Because they came in the studio with the white helmet and everything.
Speaker 4: Do you remember the one where it was the.
Speaker 3: I don't know who the commercial was for, but it was the horses playing the Bears and the referees were like on a farm or whatever, and they were like.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's the Colts field goal Colts. I don't remember the horse kicks a field goal?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, there you go. If you want touch my baby. You want to talk about the greatest commercial of all time? Budweiser Clyesdale's. Yeah, they always get me after September eleventh when they go and the horse niils, Yeah, Neil's looking towards where the Twin Towers were. You want to talk about the greatest commercials for during the Super Bowl of all time? That's it. That's it, hands down.
Speaker 5: I'm getting emotional talking about it.
Speaker 2: It was so good.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they got good klaies Zale emotional ones.
Speaker 2: Pepsi Apartment ten g h which does anybody know what that is? Off the top of their head? Who it's listed as the third greatest Super Bowl commercial of all time. I'm sure we saw it. I just don't know by just calling it the apartment spot. God, I know I saw it, I just don't I can't recall it right now.
Speaker 3: Do you remember last year everybody got mad at tub because they had that fake ad that looks like they came back to the game and then it shows the screen pop up and it was selecting to be on the screen, and everybody's like.
Speaker 2: What the hell's happening.
Speaker 3: They are now offering the Super Bowl if you are you to do is sign up for two B and it's free. So if you don't have cable or anything, if you get two B you can watch it for free. And they're using it as like, hey, sorry, we messed.
Speaker 2: With you last year.
Speaker 10: It's pretty smart.
Speaker 2: That's really good. Xerox, Monks, McDonald's Showdown, Pepsi Dinner, Monster dot Com When I grow up. That's the Babies Monster trade was the Babies where he was like, go daddy ones remember Danny ka Patrick. Yeah, and then they had the oh they were just using hot checks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they were like, you know more of this at this website.
Speaker 2: Can't check it out?
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It were Super Bowl Greatest commercials, the funniest of all time. Tonight at eight o'clock on CBS, Nick Girlson's gonna host, you can go see all the commercials Chili has a running blog page. He's been doing it for a week now, a week straight. He just keeps adding every single day. If you want to go like a one stop shop to see all the commercials, it's probably the easiest place to go. Rock and Al Tearing, Ryan Morning Show. All right, Welcome back, everybody. Wildcard Wednesday, Dent Fog Advisory, mostly cloudy today, twenty percent chance of rain high eighty one. It's a twenty Trying to find out what's trending, what's trending right now? Wildcard Wednesday is trending. Submitted to us by Steve the Breadman. Ambergeoto is getting a.
Speaker 3: Lot of looks online right now, so go check her out if you haven't already. Hawaii is also trending this morning. The killoway of volcano erupted today. Everybody knows that it's my favorite Hawaian volcano. What's yours nailing all these names Kilowao and people are talking about it?
Speaker 2: Does it say what island?
Speaker 8: That song?
Speaker 4: A Hawaiian one one of the Hawaiian islands.
Speaker 2: I did not check that. I just saw that's what that's trending right now. I mean they have active volcanoes in Hawaii. That's how Hawaii was built. I saw one from volcanoes those on the Maui. You can drive up to it to rent a jeep. You drive up to it, you're above the clouds. It's awesome.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go anywhere near a volcano.
Speaker 2: You heard about Pompei, bro, Yeah, I know, I know. Thanks. I heard that in the Shineedown song. Yeah yeah, I'm not doing it all my history lessons from Shinedown and then also.
Speaker 3: Trending right now National Signing Day, high school athletes all over the country are going to announce their decision on which colleges they will play sports at in the upcoming years.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get to see some people have multiple hats out.
Speaker 3: Maybe they'll fake you out thinking they're going A and M and then they go to Texas Tech or vice versa, all kinds of stuff like that. We'll see some big name high school athletes signing it today for National Signing Day.
Speaker 4: That's it's training on ninety profid the bus.
Speaker 2: All right, you guys ready to go back at Monster Jam I sure, am, okay, So I'll be down in the pit party with the Twins and our rod Ryan show. Monster jam truck on the floor of NRG Stadium. The kids get to walk around on the dirt track, you get to meet all the drivers, all of that. That's the pit party, and then the racing starts. It really is just an unbelievable day. I have a four pack of passes with pit tickets for this Saturday. Everyone else ticketmaster dot com. But I'm looking for caller number ten right now. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 10: The Rod Ryan Show on.
Speaker 2: The bus there we go, ninety four five, The Buzz, Great Day, Bulevard and Broken Dreams. Green Day opened up the fire Aige show that recently went down, and Alex is doing a story now it's it's got its own blog page.
Speaker 5: One hundred million dollars. You know, I was talking before.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, I thought maybe it's gonna be a little more. It's a lot of money, man, That is a ton of money donated money. One hundred million dollars. I don't know what the record is for a fundraiser. That's got to be in there. It's got to be in the discussion for sure. With all those artists coming together. So good work on Green Day getting things started dense fog advisory for us here mostly cloudy, highs up around eighty one today. Hello, Moster Jam. Yeah, the final Moster Jam at the season going down Saturday night. Will be down there in the pits. This person on the phone will be down there in the pits. Should they say hello to me?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 13: Hi?
Speaker 2: Who's this Taylor? I got a four pack of tickets, man tickets and pit passes for you this Saturday Moster Jam. All right, have you been before? No?
Speaker 7: I have not.
Speaker 2: Oh geez.
Speaker 9: It should be exciting, dude.
Speaker 5: It is exciting. It's really exciting. I mean the trucks, they're.
Speaker 2: So big, they're loud. It's awesome. You're gonna have such a good time, Taylor. Awesome. Come by and say hi to us. We'll be down there in the pit party, so get down there early and pictures and all that stuff. Come and say hi. Yeah I will Yeah, definitely. All right, that's awesome, Taylor. We'll see you on Saturday. Everyone else, you get your tickets through ticketmaster dot com. Oh, I haven't heard this in a long time. Take one of those old eighties standards. The name of the band was Talk Talk, the name of their hit single was talk talk. With our reliance on digital communications, everyone's texting, doing your thing on social media, I'm not surprised. We are speaking less words each day, and communication in the spoken form is way down. We're speaking on average three thousand less words a day.
Speaker 4: I believe that.
Speaker 2: Think about how much you used to be on.
Speaker 5: The phone talking to people. You ever talk on the phone anymore?
Speaker 4: Sometimes I have friends that I do talk to on the phone.
Speaker 2: You pick about, you pick on the you pick up the phone, and it's like they're just they know that. When they see your name on it, it's like, oh, I was just calling it just to check in.
Speaker 4: My friend Tyler will call me, my friend Jacob will call me.
Speaker 5: But they want to They want to talk to you. Yeah, they want to talk to you, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Talking on the.
Speaker 3: Phone is to throw you off, though, when you have like Rod's calling me, what's who died?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: It's for something? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I never just called hey, dude, just calling to see what you're doing.
Speaker 2: I'm in the car, dude, how's it going?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 2: So I didn't go to turn your call. People are speaking three thousand fewer words each and every day compared to twenty years ago. It's not that long. It's the time that I've been here. The average is about thirteen thousand words per day. Chick talk more than dudes. Sorry, it's not being it. I'm not just being a lughead. I'm laying some science on you.
Speaker 10: Today.
Speaker 2: Women speak around thirteen three hundred and fifty words per day compared to eleven nine to fifty for men. You guys talk more than us. Your stories are much more detailed. There's there's rarely do we need any kind of a follow up question when you guys tell us about your day or something that happened, or as you're just describing, you know, what happened when you went and got gas today, whatever, and then the person for this, and then there was a person in front of me that they wanted. There's a lot of details in stories, so you shouldn't be surprised that gales talk more than dudes.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it's the digital communications.
Speaker 2: It's responding to a text saying okay, you don't have to talk to that person now, okay, saw it, I'm on it.
Speaker 5: Whatever, email, All this stuff is playing into it.
Speaker 3: And I think that also contributes to why you find the people that are working remotely get more annoyed with meetings and stuff because we always hear that joke like that could.
Speaker 4: Have been an email.
Speaker 3: And I think that the younger generations are just so used to being like, good, Okay, what you need from me?
Speaker 2: I need you to do this.
Speaker 3: I need this report done by this, and I need you to put this on my desk by then. Okay, cool, got it. I don't need to have a meeting with you for you to tell me exactly what you just emailed me. But I think that there's people are like, dude, why do we need this email like that? Is I think a part of that.
Speaker 2: They say speaking, I'm not just talking about communication in general, because that's communicating when you're emailing and doing all that speaking. They say it plays a crucial role in our mental and our physical health, and they put it right up there when they talk.
Speaker 5: We all know that sleep is important to us.
Speaker 2: We all know that exercise is good for us. Speaking is good for us. It's a good thing. So when you see the it's a three thousand word decline in twenty years, is it going to be down another three thousand and twenty years from now? I mean, how many people do you like?
Speaker 3: How many people, do you see, they just have like almost no social skills, Like when you see a kid that hasn't really had to like talk to people regularly.
Speaker 2: I just watched this thing on my iPad.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: I hit this button, I get this thing, I interact with my friends on this app this way, and then they come to a conflict that in person, and they have no idea how to handle it.
Speaker 2: I know kids are young, they're awkward. They don't look you in the eye when they talk to you. Mine doesn't either. But they're getting weirder. Kids are getting weirder, they really are, and I think it has to do with not speaking. So what's going to happen here in the future. This is not me making it up. You're going to see, just like you wear a fitbit with a certain amount of steps today, they are now working on something that's going to count the amount of speaking you do. They say, like, think about your goal ten thousand steps, ten thousand words. There's gonna be a goal of ten thousand words speaking. The second they put that on my watch, I'm gonna be obsessed with They're developing it like a fitbit. It would measure daily conversation time without recording the content.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, that's absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, you mean they're not just kind of stay this way. They're already listening to the content, but they're just not counting the words.
Speaker 3: I've already got tu ads popping up on my computer this morning, dish I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: I didn't type in anything like that.
Speaker 2: The takeaway here is exercise and sleep. We know social interaction through conversation is crucial as well. You gotta talk, you gotta talk, So we do what we do. I don't our numbers will probably all have a little of a cheat because yeah, we do that like that.
Speaker 3: But I mean, there, you used to be something, you know, your dishwise, your disposals, and so you gotta go call the guy to come tell you that there's a button on the bottom of it. Now people will just be like, let me go figure it out on YouTube. If you watch that, you never have an interaction.
Speaker 2: We're like, hey man, so this is what you gotta do here, Like you used to call your dad dad, What.
Speaker 10: Do I do with this?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: People just go to YouTube and I watched some other guy tell you about it. You don't have to interact with anybody at that.
Speaker 2: Point, ninety percent of my phone calls. Ninety percent of my phone calls. If the phone rings, if somebody needs something immediately. It's rare that somebody just saying or spam. But it's rare that anybody's just calling to say, hey, man, I just catching up with you.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 2: That's going away?
Speaker 3: But do you find yourself because I've noticed this too, where like you see, like you're sitting there, you're doing absolutely nothing. I'm not busy at all and watching TV or whatever. And I see a friend called me, I'm like, and you answer it, and it's fine. You're just talking to your friend about whatever they're calling to talk to you about. But you're just like, and you're not busys I shouldn't be put out to talk to someone.
Speaker 2: All right. I'm just telling everybody that it's important to speak. You gotta step it up. We can't become we can't get to the point where it's like now no one's talking to anymore. Yeah, right, Like that's scary stuff. So just and and I can't wait for Christmas gifts to be out or our fitbit's gonna be talk bit gotta.
Speaker 4: Be a feature of the new like watch maybe.
Speaker 2: So folly score touch points, but por goals.
Speaker 12: What you were listening to The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Bad Moments, and just pretend rod Ryan Show on a Wildcard Wednesday. That is our number one link to Looking at Girls blog page is dangerously close to overtaking today's Wildcard Wednesday. Our third link today is yesterday's Tatuesday the local check. Yeah, she's still killing it. She is still killing it on links and guests. Dens Fog advisory is still going on. Mostly cloudy today, highs of around eighty one. We are thirty six days into twenty twenty five. If I'm looking at the calendar correctly, it's February fifth, and we are in America's eleven favorite month.
Speaker 5: WHOA, what's the least favorite month? What's worse than February?
Speaker 4: January?
Speaker 3: January is everybody's like crap. I gotta go back to work. I got a whole year in front of me. I want to do a resolution to eat healthy now. I like January, clean piece of paper.
Speaker 2: I'm a new guy, I'm a new person. I can do anything I want. I can do something different. I always have big aspirations. By the way, I'm sucking on my New Year's resolution about doing push ups every day. I'm hitting the gym really good right now. That kind of cants no, But I'm not doing what I said I was going to do. So that's for another discussion. I like January. When people were asked the months I like ranking stuff, January is the least favorite months. Is it because you're coming off of that huge high of Christmas?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I would imagine that that means like October, November, December probably one, two three in somewhere, just because like December is Christmas and you get off of work a lot of times if you're in school, you get off of that.
Speaker 2: Back up, what's the most favorite month? What's what's the number one month?
Speaker 4: December?
Speaker 3: Second, October number one Halloween? October Halloween and like you have all of the holidays in front of you. You're like, all right, I gotta get two more weeks and then Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: It's about being Christmases going party season.
Speaker 2: You can kind of you can see the end. Yeah, January. The top two response is January at twenty six percent, February at eleven percent, those are our least favorite months. So I guess it's good that we're already through January and we're seeing to.
Speaker 5: Be well, we're only five days. We're not like cruising along through February yet.
Speaker 2: August is third, which I'm assuming you're bummed out that it's the end of summer and maybe you gotta go back to school. You gotta go, you know. I mean, I guess the end of summer is kind of a bummer for some people. Yeah, yeah, maybe so yeah, August was the third least favorite month. So October is one, December is second, May was third, in June we're third and fourth. I mean, for me, there there's two types of people out there. There's the people that are unhappy because they want to skip ahead to the next month, and then there's those that are unhappy because they wish it was the previous months.
Speaker 3: Which is why I like, would like February should be a higher up because February is only twenty eight days.
Speaker 2: You know, February's only twenty eight days, so you can get through it faster.
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 2: Also, I like celebrating Black History Month.
Speaker 4: Personally, that's my favorite month.
Speaker 3: So oh, I.
Speaker 2: Am very surprised. I could understand February being the least popular month. It's just like a it's a February. It's February. You know what I mean? It goes by so fast. Your cares like that should be an awesome part of the Valentine's Day. Everybody cares about how long January was. I don't understand why you guys don't like January so much. Super Bowl is in February. Guys, what are you doing? Love the new year? The turning of the calendar. What am I gonna do? I could be anything I want this year. I could be a totally different person this year. I could look totally different, I could act totally different. My pantry might get cleaned out this year. You know that type of thing.
Speaker 5: That's what I look That's what I love about January.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: People don't look at it anyway.
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 2: Alright, guys, can you believe we're thirty six days in the twenty twenty five? What thirty?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: So Fast?
Speaker 17: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 19: Ninety far five, The Bus ninety four or five The bus, Good Morning, Rob Ryan show on this wild card Wednesday, all right, eight fifty mostly Claude high.
Speaker 2: Eighty one with the dense fog advisory. Alex had told you, I'm gonna switch up the music story. A nuke was just dropped. I can't wait as far as a as a concert not coming here but one show, and I'll just say it's across the pond. A absolute, an absolute nuke was dropped of a concert announcement. But go ahead, let's get into it. Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: The US Postal Service says that it will temporarily suspend parcels from China and Hong Kong after President Donald Trump ended a trade provision this week that is used by retailers like Timu and Sheen to ship low value packages duty free to the United States. The Trump administration imposed a ten percent tariff on Chinese goods that went into effect yesterday, and moved to close the Deminimous exemption that allows US shoppers to avoid paying tariffs on shipments that are below eight hundred dollars. This has caused a significant challenge for the USPS because there were four million deminimus packages.
Speaker 4: Per day last year.
Speaker 3: President Trump does plan to attend Super Bowl fifty nine in New Orleans on Sunday. That'll be the first sitting US president to attend the game. Three sitting vice presidents have attended before, Al Gore did it, George hw Bush and Spiro Agnew, who was one of the coolest vice president names to say if you asked me. Him being at the game is also going to mean that there's going to be a ramped up increase in security that was already added because of the New Year's Day terrorist attack on Bourbon Street last month. It caused the Sugar Bowl to be delayed by a day. But yeah, if you're going to the game, just just plan on going real early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna take you forever to get in for sure.
Speaker 4: What is your idea of a perfect to day?
Speaker 2: Just napping all day, watching Blue Bloods? Yeah, Chili's a perfect day, just petting my twenty dogs.
Speaker 3: According to a poll to most Americans, a perfect day would just mean napping and watching TV. The poll asked people how they would spend a day if they were free to do anything that they wanted all day.
Speaker 2: According to the people that were surveyed, what's what's the what's the amount of sleep. I'm curious as to that. What's a perfect day's sleep?
Speaker 3: So it's breaking down twenty four hours in the day. According to the people in this survey, six hours and fifty four minutes of that day would be dedicated to sleep. But then later on you have a forty two minute nap.
Speaker 2: Okay, so seven hours of sleep and a half hour forty five minute nappy nap.
Speaker 3: Seven and a half hours of sleep, including the nap later on the day, you would also get two hours of eating in, three hours of family time, an hour and twenty four minutes of hanging with friends, an hour and six of hanging with pets, three hours and six minutes of watching TV, an hour and eight minutes of your hobbies, an hour and a half just playing on your phone, forty eight minutes of exercise, forty eight minutes of shopping, and then forty eight an hour and eighteen minute listening to the Where's work.
Speaker 2: In that day? This was if you had any day you wanted.
Speaker 3: I don't think a lot of people's perfect day would be at work. Mine obviously would. But yeah, the average person expaceally have sixteen perfect days a year, which seems high to me. But that average is out to about one per perfect day every three weeks.
Speaker 5: You guys better get out there and play that Texas lottery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been talking about.
Speaker 3: Michael Jordan's son, Marcus, was arrested for driving under the influence and cocaine possession. Jordan apparently got his Lamborghini stuck on some train tracks yesterday morning. When cops arrived, they noticed that he was slurring his words, so they gave him a field sobriety test, which he failed. According to police bodycam footage, Jordan kept telling the police that he disagreed with them that he was impaired, and he also made sure to mention that he was in fact Michael Jordan's son. The cops then found a baggy of cocaine in one of his pockets when they were searching him. Jordan was booked on three charges DUI crash with poverty, damage, possession of cocaine, and resisting an officer without violence.
Speaker 4: He was released just a few hours after.
Speaker 2: The arrest, headlining the Crazy Criminal blog page today, guys, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It just sucks.
Speaker 3: I mean, if your dad's famous, you're going to be in the news no matter what. When that stuff happens, but we also had a music story, Rod what you got.
Speaker 2: We've talked about Ozzy Osbourne on the show a lot, and most times now we talk about Ozzie, it's what's his health? What will we ever see him again? Will we ever see him again? And apparently one more show, one more Yeah, Ozzy Osborne. It looks like he's and he's reuniting and this is a The original members of Black Sabbath are all alive. They haven't used Bill Ward on drums in forever. He's gonna have to be on the treadmill from now until this show. Uh Geezer Butler, Tony Iomi, Ozzy Osbourne and Bill Ward the founding fathers of heavy metal. They invented heavy metal. They're gonna do one final show, so it's being billed as Back to the Beginning. They're gonna play Birmingham in England. That's where they're from, Steel Steel Mill Town. They're gonna play their hometown on Saturday, July fifth. It's being billed as Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Gojira, Alison, chains Hailstorm, Lamb of God, Anthrax, Mastodon's of a lineup now in the little teeny tiny font, meaning like the bands that you've never heard of before. Here's who else is going to be there. Billy Cory, This is tiny font, Billy Corgan, David Draymond, Disturbed, Duff McKagan, Fred Durst, Lizzie Hale, Jake E Lee, Jonathan Davis, Korn, KK Downey, Judas Priest, Mike Borden, Faith No More, the lead singer of Ghost, Rudy Sarzo, Sammy Hagar, Slash, Sleep, Token, Tomrello, Wolfgang Van Halen in teeny Tiny Farm. Tomarell is also going to be there one show.
Speaker 4: This guy, this up and comer Tom Morella.
Speaker 2: One show, and they're gonna these are the people that invented heavy metal. Everyone's coming out one show July fifth. Tickets go on sale this Friday, so it's in overseas. Try I don't know. I mean, you going to Mexico already, greatest metal lineup of all time. Yeah, you could argue that. Yeah, everybody you've ever heard of, he's in it. I just put that. I just sent that over. I just sent that over to Chile. He's gonna put all that information. Metallica. I got to give it to Pat Morero. He's the one that sent it to me. But now I see this thing everywhere. Metallica put it up on their Instagram. They're like, oh my god, We're so honored to be a part of us. All right, So there's your music story right now.
Speaker 3: What's going on in sports, Well, the Rockets fell to the Nets last night, ninety nine to ninety seven. They had a four point leader to eight point one seconds left. They had a bad inbounds pass that led to a three pointer and then yeah, they just they just let it get away from them. They've now lost four in a row. They're gonna have a day off before playing the Timberwolves tomorrow night up in Minnesota.
Speaker 4: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 17: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Creed My Sacrifice. Welcome to our fourth and final hour together. Alternative Income Chance to one one thousand dollars are one chance a day to hook up you guys like our listeners specifically, now we're team players here, so I want you to try to call when Jeremy's here, and I want you to call well, Teresa is on. We're just starting it off at nine, ten, but ten, ten, eleven, ten, twelve, ten, all this week chance to one thousand dollars ten after the hour up until five to ten mostly Cloude today highs up around eighty one. Got to be the best metal festival lineup of all time. It just came down that Black Sabbath is getting together one final time, and it looks like everyone is coming out for this one. It's called Back to the Beginning, and we're lucky. All four members of the original, the founding fathers of Black Sabbath, all four members are still alive, Geezer Butler on bass, Tony Iomi on guitar, Ozzy Osbourne and drummer Bill Ward. So they're gonna go back to where it all started in Birmingham and they're gonna do one final show Saturday, July fifth. Now, if the show goes well and these guys get in great shape and Ozzie's good, the Sharon say, well, let's just do one in the States. I say, we could do it in la Well, let's just do one in Germany. I don't know, whatever, is it truly just one show? I don't know, that's what it's being billed est Run and they're going to make a bajillion dollars. They won't get this lineup.
Speaker 5: There'll only be one lineup like this if they do anything more.
Speaker 2: But if this does well, there like.
Speaker 3: You don't think Metallica's gonna do it again. You don't think Metallica is gonna be a like you don't get the full lineup. I agree, you get three four five. Yeah, these bands do.
Speaker 2: Everybody would be honored to be along with the original founding fathers of metal.
Speaker 4: Black Sabbath. Very few bands that has that pull.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Black Sabbath invented metal. Oddly enough, Metallica is the biggest metal band of all time. They sold the most album from Black Sabbath Walks, so they can fly exactly. I mean, everyone credits Black Sabbath as absolute ground zero for metal. Okay, they invented it, Black Sabbath. This is the bill. Performances from Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Gojira, Alison, chains Hailstorm, Lamb of God, Anthrax, Mastodon, and then I told you about the Billy Corgan's of the World and Wolfgang and Tom Morello and Sammy Hagar and Slash you name it. You know who's not on there again? Cool Fighters they're not a metal band, but nor is Sammy Hagar. So yeah, Dave Grohl should be in that lineup. I mean Smashing Pumpkins are not metal, but Billy Corgan would be quick say that. Okay, everything came from Black Sabbath, you know his guitar playing everything. He grew up a metal So I mean Fred Durst is on here, Lizzie Hale, Jonathan Davis from Korn, that's metal. You know what else isn't on here? Because for me, if you really want that, you know it all comes. The root system is Black Sabbath and then the first two little sproutlings is Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. There's no Iron Maiden on here. There's Kk Downing, who is the guitar player for Judas Priest or who was? But that's the only representation. I don't see Rob Halford or anywhere mentioned on here. Those two bands need to be a part of this, and it looks like they're not. But again, no Dave roll on this, And I don't know where Dave is at. I mean, he's got to seen him twice.
Speaker 3: Now he's gotta be selective of what he's doing, right, But maybe he can't just like go to England right now?
Speaker 2: Correct? Correct.
Speaker 5: We don't know what's going on in Dave's world, but it's.
Speaker 3: Got to be close to home. He's trying to make sure everything's good. Maybe going across the pond. It's like, but hey, no.
Speaker 2: Yesterday's announcement was Dave Grohl, who was not on the original lineup for Saturday Night Live's fiftieth anniversary. Dave will be making an appearance at the fiftieth anniversary. He's been on Saturday Night Live more than any other musician, more official appearances. So that's the second one because he did a surprise fire aid. Does he surprise us at this thing? I don't know. I don't see how he can't be a part of this. He has to. They bring it out a trojan horse maybe. I don't know. Tickets go on sale. I don't know if there's anybody listening that would think of going to this. Tickets go on sale this Friday. It's a Live Nation show, so it's a Ticketmaster but it's a dot co UK situation. You got to buy your tickets over in the UK for the show. They say it's one show only listen the times that we've seen Ozzy, he couldn't stand. So they're doing everything they can to get this guy propped up. He's got to do double duty. He's doing Sabbath and he's doing some Ozzy stuff. That's the way it's being built. At least. I'm getting this all from Metallica's Instagram page. Maybe I don't follow Black Sabbath on Instagram. Are they on the Gram? I mean, I can tell you Black Sabbath for Black Sabbaths TikTok is lit, but I don't know if they're on the Gram. So I'm just getting all this. Metallica is super honored to be a part of this. They'll tell you that everything they owe everything to Black Sabbath.
Speaker 3: I just looked up a definitive metal family tree and it's wild looking at like where everybody came from. Then they break it all down to like do they slam rock?
Speaker 2: Did they start with Black Sabbath? Black Sabbath is it's early.
Speaker 3: Metal nineteen sixty six to nineteen seventy one. It's them was Cream a metal band? No right, it just wasn't called metal yet Jimmy Hendrix's medal. No, I wouldn't led Zeppelin. They were rock hard hard rock. I would call it hard rock. Thank all it metal, it's it's it's Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, the Stooges, Pink Heurple, and then it goes Scorpions, Judas Priest, Rainbow. Then you have the original hard rock, which is Thin Lizzy, Blue Wister, Colt Aerosmith. Wow, it's cool, just like seeing how it kind of broke out and it does. Yeah, but Black Sabbath is like the origin of all Right, Um, here's a chance one thousand dollars go get.
Speaker 17: In Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the rod Ryan Morning Show us.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back everybody. I hope you're getting after that one thousand dollars alternative income. If you miss the keyword, Jeremy will have it again. He'll have another one for you, another opportunity to win one thousand dollars coming up at ten ten. He'll do it at eleven ten, twelve, ten ten, after the hour, nine to five.
Speaker 20: All this week, all right, Alex online, It's Alix online ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The muzz All right, what you're doing today.
Speaker 3: Today's a well is a jazz popcorn robot that someone made. So you put a pot on a hot plate and he has rigged up they look like little little spoons, almost like tiny little baby spoons, but he's put them at different heights and different spots to where they make different sounds when this popcorn hits. So he puts popcorn in there is and then you just make jazz. This is popcorn creating jazz music.
Speaker 5: I'm watching this right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the kernels are popping.
Speaker 3: They're hitting the little little thing which creates the sounds that you're hearing right there. And as the popcorn continues to pop, it just keeps making more jazz. You don't know where it's going.
Speaker 2: Oh, this thing's about to go crazy. So the popcorn kernels are hitting sensors that are than triggering the musical instrument. Summer attached to drums, some are attached to other stuff. It's it's pretty cool. Who sent you this?
Speaker 4: I found it online yesterday and I emailed it to myself.
Speaker 2: I was like, I gotta share this with the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that popcorn is going crazy now, just just riffing.
Speaker 2: You never know where it's gonna go jazz popcorn. I don't.
Speaker 4: I didn't know i'd be into it, but now I am.
Speaker 2: I just called myself staring at it, and then they just realized, Hey, dummy, you're on the radio right now. It's pretty cool though. And if you wanna, you wanna, you know, show all your coworkers something cool today, go check it out.
Speaker 3: Show them the jazz popcorn robot at the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 5: Oh god, here comes to Sacks.
Speaker 2: Oh, you can change, you can change what the instruments are. It's pretty great. Oh my goodness. All right, I will end up finishing this. I'll be watching this rod Ryan all right, Empire up on bus four five the Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's show man. Thank you so much for spending some time with us this morning. I do always hope that you're off to a great start to your day and it continues to be great. We're gonna leave you with some Buzzfest tickets. Coming up on Know the show, we'll have a question for you about something that was set or talked about today on the program. One of the things that I did say earlier is we are officially closed out on the mile of meat. We're no longer taking applications, so now you're on your own, guys, I got everywhere out well, essentially he's got the twenty guys. When he twenty guys on the roadside that make up the mile of meat. Next Friday, sent him some alternates just in case somebody, you know, it turns out to be a joker.
Speaker 5: So we got our guys.
Speaker 2: So that's it. You can't apply anymore. So now you're kind of on your own, and you're out there. If you're single, and I think you missed out on a great opportunity.
Speaker 4: Whiffed on this one.
Speaker 2: I'll say this, come out to this cove. I just got a question, Rod, Is it just for single people Friday night? No, anybody can come. It's an adult party, meaning it's you know, it's it's a bar, it's twenty one or older.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, it's for adults though this is present.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not doing like a kid thing that night. So no, anybody can come to our party next Friday night at Cactus Cove. And as a matter of fact, many people use this as their Valentine's Day date just to see what's going on. And it's so fun and so entertaining. You're all invited. Now I offered you an amazing opportunity to set you up on a date. Now you're out there on your own. Maybe you're using the dating websites and the services that are available to you. You could have had it all. New research reveals the biggest deal breakers for women, specifically on tender that lead them to swipe left. So let me see if I got this right. Because I haven't been on them. Swiping right means you're interested in that person. Swiping left is like, uh uh not for me. That's what I'm getting from this.
Speaker 4: I believe that is correct. I also have not been on dating apps.
Speaker 2: First impressions seem to be pretty important in the dating world, especially in online dating. Most of the top tender turnoffs have to do with your photo. Guys, so if you need we said that we're new in the year.
Speaker 5: Maybe some of you are trying this for the very first time.
Speaker 2: The biggest tender turnoffs for women the deal breakers that make them feel like they're not gonna swipe in the right direction. For you, Number one thing not having a photo of yourself at all. No one's gonna look at you. No one's gonna yeah if you I don't care if you're Edgar Allen Poe, I don't care how well you write. If you don't have a photograph, no one's gonna crack it. Blank picture guy. Top complaint is a guy's profile not including any pictures of him. Women, gen xers, millennials, gen z all agree lack of photo fake not serious boom. You're not getting looked at, So you gotta at least put one photo of yourself now, bear man, If your bio is too cocky, guys, I went through these applications for the mile of me.
Speaker 3: Uh, looking for a down ass chick that can keep up with my high paced mentality.
Speaker 2: If the bio is too cocky, all women say confidence is attractive, but arrogance. There's a fine line there, Number two next to not having a photo of yourself too cocky? Now unclear picks. If the photos are shadowy, blurry? What if it's artsy, distant, big group pit picture artsy? What's artsy? Don't know it was for a photography class. You wouldn't get it. Like if it's all blurry, it's like, no, that's that's my style. Let's just use that as you excuse me. Nobody's gonna deny that physical attraction matters in dating apps. Okay, I know that's not what you're supposed to say. You're supposed to say, all right, unclear pictures. So again, back to the pictures in the top three things. Two of them are picture related. Do you have any friends that only take unclear pictures?
Speaker 3: Like one of my buddies, anything he sends me, it's like, just hold the camera still for a second.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: There are people that just they just don't know how to do that. They don't have the eye, nor do I.
Speaker 2: I have a friend that takes pictures and I take the same picture and his look ten times better than mine. Yeah, we got the same phone, we got the same We're taking a picture of the same lamp post. For some reason, his looks like I should put it in a frame. Mine looks like it's a throwaway in my role my camera roll. Stop moving when you take a picture of fellows.
Speaker 5: Okay, vulgar pickup lines.
Speaker 2: Starting a conversation with rude or explicit one liners, you'll get unmatched being mean while claiming to be honest back candid compliments. Are these all in your bios? Wow? Flaunting your wealth, branging about money in photos. Want guy's good money? What are you talking about?
Speaker 8: I know?
Speaker 2: But like, what are you talking about? Okay, So here's the dilemma. You're a guy, you have this awesome boat. Do you not take a picture with your boat for your profile picture? That's who I am.
Speaker 3: I'm absolutely taking a picture of me and my boat with the biggest fish I can find.
Speaker 2: Okay, the fish is weird to me. I understand that that it's going to bring in a certain kind of marlin. But if I got a boat, that boat's behind me, is my backdrop for my picture on my dating app? Is that bragging?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: Like if you spend a ton of time on a car that you're really proud of, Like, what if you use that? Is that douchey?
Speaker 4: It's a hobby.
Speaker 5: Posting group photos.
Speaker 2: Dudes hiding in photos with a bunch of other people can come across as insecure, deceptive, or overly edited photos. It's all about pictures, guys. That goes both ways.
Speaker 3: But yeah, if you ever post in like any sort of like if this is a picture of me and it's you with for the people, I just assume you're the egoist one, not in a mean way.
Speaker 4: That's what That's what my brain.
Speaker 2: Goes too, which was I'm the chubby bowl guy in that group of hot dudes. And then poor grammar and spelling. If you can't be if you can't be bothered to proofread your profile, no one's gonna want to waste time on you. I mean we do that too. Here. Look at that. I mean it's weird. It's like I was dating these guys that were applying. Yeah, you feel like you have a special connection with them, Now I do. I Ladies, you're gonna love the mile of meat this year' You're gonna love the cutlets of meat that we're gonna put out there. I told you they're tall. There's a lot of I mean most of them are six feet tall or more. And I know tall is like a big thing with with people looking for a mate to a.
Speaker 3: Basketball goal out there, and just have the fellows dunk because if they're if they're tall enough to dunk, just think of how many babes would be swinging by there, just like look at this guy dunk over here.
Speaker 2: Most six two and six three people still can't dunk, but they can dunk that really puts you in the frontal eye.
Speaker 5: I think a very unique group of people that can dune basketball.
Speaker 2: All ladies.
Speaker 4: When I Dad is somebody, they can done.
Speaker 2: Now, are there short kings in there?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, they can get high up hype, they can jump up high in eighty I don't know.
Speaker 2: Short kings, mid kings, tall kings. Twenties, thirties, forties and fifties, ladies, we got We've got a good selection for you this year. We really do. I almost can't wait for Valentine's Day. Milea Meat information even though we're not taking applications anymore. Information about the Mila Meat is on links and guests.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four to five.
Speaker 2: Goodbyes, No, Yes, ninety four, the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. You gonna start thinking about no the show here, Good morning everyone. You know Beyonca Sen, sorry, she wasn't the only one that walked the red carpet at the Grammys. Did you know other people? Why do you know they weren't invited to the Grammys. Yeah, Beyonca Sen, Sorry, I got kicked out because they were like, yeah, we didn't want you here. Her husband, which Kanye says that's not true. Kind of a cool flexo. I want to just show up at like, what's the next one the Academy Awards. I want to show up to those and be like, what's up, I'm here. He claimed that Don Lemons started that rumor. Don Lemon used to work at CNN. He said Don Lemon started the rumor that he got kicked out. Kanye said he never got kicked out. As a matter of fact, the Grammy said they did not kick him out. Although I don't know how you can walk around like that, her being naked, and any one of us would have been walking around like that and gotten arrested. I don't know if Kanye was doing anything that was like not okay.
Speaker 3: I feel like I would not be confident enough to ask him to stop because I don't know.
Speaker 2: What he would do. You don't know what he's gonna do, right, So my point is there were more people walking the red carpet, not just Bianca Sensori.
Speaker 5: Who Now that's Kanye's wife.
Speaker 2: I know we still have to premise that most people don't know who she is. He claims that she's the most googled woman in the world right now, and I'm playing into it.
Speaker 4: She's been having t Swift's legs she's been working out.
Speaker 2: Are those photoshopped? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Carrie Underwood legs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess she's been in squats and Travis So did you Did you see Jaden Smith?
Speaker 4: He had a castle on his head?
Speaker 2: Did you see it?
Speaker 4: I saw the memes from it?
Speaker 2: Yes, that stupid castle. Jaden Smith, who is Will Smith's and Jada Pinkett's son. That castle that he wore on his head at the Grammy's cost four six hundred dollars and you could get your own if you wanted to walk around, if you wanted to walk around with a castle on your head. It is wearable art. It's from a legit design house called a Bodie, and you can own one too, for about forty six hundred dollars. Oh just that much? All right, it's a steal. I mean you can get one a lot cheaper. You can just cust and make one.
Speaker 4: Is that a drawbridge?
Speaker 3: I see a drawbridge on his I would have liked to be able to be like, you know what at not answering that question and you roll it back up.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Most people probably didn't even see it all right. Coming up on no the show Buzz Beest tickets. We want you to party with us on Saturday, May twenty fourth out at the Woodlands. We'll have a pair of tickets for you on the Flip Houston's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 1: This Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four, five The Buzz, Welcome back Rob Ryan Show, wrapping up a wild card Wednesday. One last bit of business to get to. Oh it's a big bit of business.
Speaker 5: It's not even a bit, it's huge business.
Speaker 2: To get to bus fast Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion. I want you to come party with us. They got a pair of tickets up for grabs. Know the show. What's your question?
Speaker 3: But we talked about people's favorite and least favorite months of the year earlier today.
Speaker 2: I didn't agree with this list at all, or did I?
Speaker 3: But according to this list, what is the second least favorite month for most tricky?
Speaker 2: Seven one three seven one three two one two five five If you know the show.
Speaker 12: The Rod Ryan Show Fun ninety four to five The.
Speaker 2: Fuzz, Oh yeah, that's one of the best Pearl Jam songs ever ninety four or five, The Buzz Even Flow rod Ryan Show coming to a close on this wildcard Wednesday. Oh, I'll have a look. I'll have a look in a minute to see what you guys were clicking on to see if Looking at Girls overtook the Wildcard Wednesday. Lots of activity. It's been a busy week on our website. Thank you guys.
Speaker 12: He is now time for Know This Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 18: L La la la la la la la la.
Speaker 8: La la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 6: Who's this.
Speaker 4: Lauren?
Speaker 2: Lauren yet? Good morning Lauren? How are you.
Speaker 1: Doing?
Speaker 18: Wonderful?
Speaker 17: How are you doing today?
Speaker 2: Great? Thank you for asking? You want to play uh and play Know the Show with us? Well, let's go for it. Let's go for it. Alex. What's your question?
Speaker 3: Well, if you'd like to go to Buzz, that's all you gotta do is tell me what everyone one's second least favorite month was this morning that we talked about.
Speaker 2: It is February, which I think is absolutely ridiculous, but it is what it is. Yeah, No, that's correct, give her the bell, We get it. Yeah, do you have a least favorite month? We don't really.
Speaker 13: I could see when people don't like the beginning.
Speaker 1: To be here because the weather is usually kind of trashy.
Speaker 2: Yep, I understand that part of it. I mean, other than host bel, I don't like the heat of the summer. But you know, there's still something cool about it being summer. I don't know. I mean, I'm not a teacher, I'm not in school anymore, but for me, it's still like summer's something to look forward to, nostalgia. I guess, Laurie, you're the winner. January was the least favorite month. February was the second least favorite month. That means you're going to Buzzfest now, and you're going to join us out there for the party. Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion. Very nice. It's gonna be a very good day for me. Let's gonna be a great day. It's gonna be a great day. Edge We're going out with a little Marilyn Manson music. I like that, all right, Great job today, Laurie, have an awesome day. Thank you. Could see highs of eighty one again today? What the hell? Breaking records left and right here on our temperatures. I forgot Marilyn Manson did this Tainted Love cover not another t movie soundtrack. I think that's where this was released. I think so Ryan took out Pops this morning. Ryan, Ryan was a fresh fishy all right, that's it for Pops, said he'd come back and play with us again. Steve the Breadman, thank you for sending in today's Instagram feature number one link today Looking at Girls was number two. Amber Lynn still getting huge numbers from yesterday's Tattooesday feature. So thank you guys for hitting up the website. That's it for the applicants for mile of Meat. That's it. We don't need any more dudes. We got all the dudes. Quality cutlets of meat will be out there next Friday. Yes, tomorrow's Reading My Lips Chili. Did you select somebody to come down and play? Yes, Paul Ramsey.
Speaker 1: Oh Paul.
Speaker 10: So I'm waiting for him to respond to see if he'll be able to make it. But if you can't, I will keep going down the list.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Paul is playing who tomorrow, Alex Alex, Paul's coming in dude, good, Hopefully Paul's coming in Wait. Read my Lips is gonna be at eight twenty tomorrow. We'll play that game to make sure you join us for that. We'll continue giving away those Outlaw Music Festival tickets before they go on sale Friday. That's with Willie Bob Dylan. You know what, those might even be the winning ticket on reading my lips. If I'm looking at Chili's rotation, how he's been doing things, I bet you eight twenty he'll put those Outlaw Music Festival tickets.
Speaker 10: I'll be sure he won't.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're still there, jam Buzzfest. We'll have all of that stuff for you tomorrow. All right, that's it. Big Jeremy Benson is up next. He's got your alternative income coming up in ten minutes NonStop nooner. He just rocks the whole noon hour, and then pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. That's it, man, new episode of Past the Gravy coming out tonight. Yeah about for about six o'clock tonight, and then we'll have it tomorrow morning. We'll we talk about it will be on links and guests. That's it. Guys, have a great day, man, get outside and enjoy this amazing weather that goes for you too, chilly, get outside, amf.
Speaker 12: Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 8: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com