Speaker 1: Why get all your holiday decorations delivered through instacart Because maybe you only bought two wreaths but you have twelve windows, Or maybe your toddler got very eager with the advent calendar, or maybe the inflatable snowman didn't make it through the snowstorm, or maybe the twinkle lights aren't twinkling. Whatever the reason, this season, Instacart's here for hosts and their whole holiday hall. Get decorations from the home Depot, CBS and more through instacart and enjoy free delivery on your first three orders service fees.
Speaker 2: In terms of apply, something you should go, Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard Genesis Gold Group, the only IRA backed by physical gold and silver. Learn more at Genesis gooldira dot com. Excited to visit right now with Marvinyong, but you might know him as young MC bust a move. I gotta tell you I played that song at wedding dances for like twenty years and that song was absolutely positively guaranteed to get them on the dance floor.
Speaker 3: Are busting a Move.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I feel fortunate to be able to have been played at so many weddings, parties about Mitch's, et cetera. And it's been a good ride.
Speaker 2: And also it's it's cool. It's in so many movies as well. You'll be watching a movie and then they'll have that song to kind of set the tone and you're like, I know exactly where we are right now, right.
Speaker 4: I know exactly. No, It's it's good man, It's like I used to. You know, when when artists have a hit song, they usually have a tumultuous relationship with it. And for me, it's just been great that I've had a song that resonated so well for so many you know, with so many people, over so much, you know, over so long a period.
Speaker 2: Of time, climbing the charts back in the day, nineteen eighty nine, Bust a Move. What does it feel like now as young MC? Not quite as young, but you're still young MC, Marvin Young back on the charts now with another song, fun part?
Speaker 3: What is that like? That's got to feel pretty dog one?
Speaker 4: Cool? It does. It's it's kind of a validation for me because as they make it music, the whole time, And you know, it's a weird thing. I don't tell people this a lot, but it's a weird thing. If you go through life and you feel like you're getting smarter and you're getting better, but then the high point of your life is when you were twenty two and you're fifty seven now. So the fact that I've been able to get something that resonates with people now means a lot. Because the hard work that I've put in to become a better artist, to become a better songwriter, to become better on stage, I think that's starting to resonate with people, and that makes all the effort I've put in over the decades kind of worth robbing.
Speaker 2: Me absolutely, And again, the music industry has changed a little bit since nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 3: What is it like now?
Speaker 2: Do you think it's easier for people to get into the music industry now or was it easier back in the late eighties early.
Speaker 3: Nineties, back when you kind of gotten into the music biz.
Speaker 4: I think it's easier for people to make music now. It's easier for people to release music now, but it's harder to get a record to resonate and really stick. I mean I guess you have the social media angle. So something goes viral, the labels jump on it. So if that's an easier part, But for me, then I'm trying to do with the meat and potatoes, brick and mortar, you know approach that I always have. It's a bit harder and it takes a bit longer. But when it gets one of you know, now that I know that I've charted, it feels a bit sweeter.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: And again the new song fun part. We're going to play that here in a second. I love this song, and again I can I can relate to it, but I think you and I are kind of from the same era. The thing that I love about it, though, is I think younger people can relate to this too, Even somebody that wasn't around for the first go round, they weren't around for bus to move. If they hear this song and had never heard of you before, I think they can relate to this song as well.
Speaker 4: I think so I've made I think I've made a song as successible. Plus I have an AI element in it, which is something that obviously didn't exist in nineteen eighty nine, and I think that's something that younger people and newer listeners are kind of fascinated by because I incorporate AI AI in a way where my creativity still leads the way. So you know, I'm I'm interested when I when I hear young people listen to it and talk about with the stuff that they get out of the music that I'm making.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: And did you when you were, you know, putting out your first music back in the late eighties, did you ever think about the fact that someday young MC is going to be old school? Like that's kind of crazy to think that, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It is a little bit, but so much time has passed, and I've seen so many artists come and go, and so everybody that says, oh, you should be more melodic, or you should do this, you should curse in your music, you should change your name, all these things for them to see me like write a trend to come back as opposed to be being myself and coming back. That's been the most satisfying part to me because I haven't had to do what the flavor of the month was to come back and have a hit record. I've been able to be me and do that. I love that's been really you know, that's been really satisfying for me.
Speaker 3: I think that's fantastic. So fun Part.
Speaker 2: Is this the first of hopefully many Do you have some other stuff in the works as well?
Speaker 4: Yes, oh, absolutely no. There'll be more singles coming, and I plan to put an album out next year. I'm not going to put a date on it because I'm going to make as many thingles as i can and then from there kin to grow that into an album, you know. So so I'm definitely looking.
Speaker 2: Forward to that and I am looking forward to it as well. Thank you so much for your time today. I appreciate it, sir.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, fuble Man, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Matt absolutely again, Marvin Jong better known as Young MC, and again bust a Move. We play that on the radio here all the time. We're going to play as new one. It's called fun Part here it is. Thanks for listening to the John and Heidi Show, and I'm so sorry for everybody listening on the podcast. We can't play the music here, but I will have a link to it at Facebook dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash Sunny Radio and Something you should Know.
Speaker 2: Something you should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldra dot com. Put your retirement plan on the Gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at Genesisgoldra dot com.
Speaker 3: The holidays are all about sharing with family, meals, couches, stories, Gramm's secret pecan pie recipe, and now you can also share a cart with Instacart's family carts.
Speaker 2: Everyone can add what they want to one group cart from wherever they are, so you don't have to go from room to room to find out who wants cranberry sauce, or who should get many marshmallows for the ams, or collecting votes for sugar cookies versus shortbread.
Speaker 3: Just share a cart and then share the meals and the moments. Download the instacart app and get delivery in as fast as thirty minutes. Plus enjoy free delivery on your first three orders. Service fees and terms apply