Speaker 1: What's up, everybody? Welcome to a brand new episode of The Hot Mike here on the John Roka Channel. I am the titular John Roka joint is always five. The insider himself. Jeff is Senaida. How are you, Jeff?
Speaker 2: Hello, Johnny boy, mister titular?
Speaker 3: What the hell are you shoving down?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: Was that ramen?
Speaker 1: Are you having ramen on a Thursday in the heat?
Speaker 2: Okay? I get really the spicy chicken ramen? Okay, yeah, Jeff likes sp Jeff likes his chicken spicy ramen. Are you poor, Jeff? Yes, I am. Guys, Send in your stream labs, send in your money because.
Speaker 1: Jeff's come on help support his robin habit for God's sakes.
Speaker 2: Yes, people don't realize that if I was poor, like sorry, if I was like filthy Rick, if I hit the lottery tomorrow, guys, yeah, you would still see me in line at McDonald's.
Speaker 1: That's actually true, Jeff Rice, Yeah, that's actually true. Jeff. Are you preparing for your Celtics that I had taken all these seventy six ers in the playoffs. They're up three to two. The game starts at five, but we're done we're gonna be obviously going pass by, but like, are you ready for this? Do you think they're gonna take care of business? All? The sixer is gonna push this to a game seven. I mean, the Celtics are better on the road.
Speaker 3: So what are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, we've been playing better on the road. I think that we realized that we blew an opportunity to step on their next last game. Yeah, the Celtics come out firing and being aggressive, and I don't think and I think em Bean's, you know, gonna be tired. I don't think he's gonna put up thirty seven points tonight. So yeah, I like a selfspur a win tonight.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see what happens. Gonna be a fun night of MPa basketball. We're not here to talk about that, though, We're here to talk about stuff going on in the world of entertainment.
Speaker 3: As Jeff said, the stream Lab superchats are open.
Speaker 1: It's pin in the chat subscriptions, video as well sending you love, sending you questions, thoughts and comments as we go along here and get it just all right, waking yourself up?
Speaker 3: Are you good to go there?
Speaker 2: Are you ready? I'm ready. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Let's get it go, and let's start with this story here, Jeff, let's go with something big.
Speaker 3: Let's go with this one. Michael.
Speaker 1: Two is apparently apparently in the works, but how it all comes together is apparently gonna be a little bit tricky. The Lions Get Most Picture Chairman Adam Foelglson was on Matt Bellanie's The Town podcast and he said, a sequel is moving forward here. He said, this is a There is a massive amount of music and life experiences separate and apart from allegations that would more than fill a second movie on its own. However, there are already already conversations going on that Fuqua might not be able to come back because the quote unquote he's very busy, uh, and that Graham King might actually step in to direct this sequel. And Jeff, you had said this last week on our show that you had heard about Van Twine Fuqua and that Graham King had taken over and was direct had directed some of the stuff. Some people push back and said, no, the reshoots were done by Fukal always paid fifteen million dollars. But now you know it seems like this wasn't the film Fuqua wanted.
Speaker 3: To make, so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't come back with the sequel. What are your thoughts on this.
Speaker 2: Listen, I should acknowledge I should start at the top of the show by saying that, yes, people reached out affiliated with Michael and I'm not talking about the studio. I'm talking about you know, regular crew members who were like, you know, Antoine directed the he reshoots. Yeah, so I should say that at the start, contrary to you know what my source indicated, which is that he'd been off the project for a year. Now, say for a year. I think a lot of people actually go back for like the years since the day I said that, Right, you know, maybe it hasn't been a year, maybe it's been close to a year. But I think at the point is is that Antoine sort of seated control of this movie long ago and realized it's not really his movie, right, you know, It's Graham's movie, which is why Graham King, who is one of the most decorated producers in all of Hollywood, the only major producer who I ever worked for. Technically I worked on The Departed for a Day producer by Graham King, who won the Oscar for the Best Picture for that movie. Right, but it's like you have never in decades, yeah, ever heard of Graham King directing until suddenly right now on this movie. I just said that he basically took over the movie. I get it, guys, but you also have to understand where I'm coming from. It's really a matter of semantics. This might as well be Graham King's Michael as much as it is Antoine Michael.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, but I mean, you look at this whole situation when you saw all the interviews with Fuquah before talking about the approach you wanted to take for this movie. The fact that they paid him fifteen million dollars to come back and do reshoots, which is what's right on top of what you'd already been paid. That tells you right there, listen, what's the number that's gonna get you to come back and shoot these reshoots so that.
Speaker 2: A biggerhead on these reshoots.
Speaker 1: It's gonna start to be the movie you wanted.
Speaker 3: But we need to do these reshoots, right.
Speaker 2: I mean exactly, you know, And like, doesn't that strike anybody as insane? They paid this guy ten million dollars to direct the movie, and they're like, fuck, we gotta pay you fifteen million dollars just to come back to do a third of a movie.
Speaker 1: Right right and play the.
Speaker 2: Play ball with the press essentially, like that that is what you're buying. You're buying the silence, which is exactly what I said last week or any of this stuff came out, So all due respects, yes, antline, Fuqua was there in physically right, you see all there that that's I mean, yeah, it is not his movie. You cannot give him like authorship. I don't believe on this movie. And I believe that that is why he was paid fifteen million dollars to go along with this charade. Essentially, Yeah, you know that. I mean, but it's like it's fine, like we all excuse this, we all know what's going on here.
Speaker 1: Oh sure of course, and listen, you can pay me twenty five million dollars. You can take all any movie I was going to direct away from me. I don't give a shit. I got twenty five million dollars in a bank, Like what do I care?
Speaker 3: Right when this whole situation, I get.
Speaker 1: I get that Fuqua it seems like clearly from the interviews, Fuqua wanted to make a commentary about wealthy black man in the unfair treatment they receive in the press and in the in the populace and how they go after him. And I totally understand that's a very valid point, especially in the black community. That's a very big sticking point with them, and I understand that. But you know, at the same tokens to the realities of Hollywood. They wanted to go with the safer route. And you can't argue two hundred and seventeen million dollars over the weekend that Grand King was wrong. But it's money.
Speaker 2: It's all money. And the idea that that like part two is going to like really get into the pedophilia of it all, it's not gonna happen either, folks. Gotta break it to you. It's gonna be just like the first movie and basically you're all that stuff. If there's a scene even hinting at it, I'd be surprised. Yeah, you know, like again, that's what this is all about. That is what the audience wants. This is what the audience wants. They gave the audience what it wants. Okay, it's not about what film critics want for the sake of accuracy. It's about giving people a good time. You got people fucking dancing in the goddamn movie theaters as if this was a movie for twelve year old kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, which is uh yeah, I mean clearly that's what's what's going on there. And when they're do the sequel, I agree with you, Jeff, They're not gonna touch on these allegations. What they're gonna do is turn Michael into a victim of the press, a victim of the media, a victim of judgment, and that like, he's gonna be making these albums and it's going to be seen as like, it's incredible that he even made these albums, considering all the obstacles, had to overcome all the challenges. So it's gonna turn him even more into a martyr, even more into a person that people want to care about and see in a certain Saint Michael kind of way. And the truth is, I was reading this article before we started the show, and Holly Reporter about some of these Michael Truthers who are out there who are like insane. They fabricated a picture of the director of Fighting Neverland on a play with Jeffrey Epstein. They AI had a picture and pushed it and pushed it out there to try to get people to turn on this director because HBO Max is essentially buried that Fighting Neverland documentary, much to that director's chagrin. And so you see that this is a very big machine that wants to protect Michael Jackson. And certainly I've had I've had some people come after me on on social media over the weekend and on my YouTube channel, and it's like, this is a real thing. So Graham is playing this smart. Do I like it? Fuck?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: But he's playing this smart because it's about making money.
Speaker 2: Then, I mean, yeah, this is a billion dollar machine. And and I mean people think OJ didn't do it.
Speaker 3: Yes, true, Just.
Speaker 2: Like being presented with all kinds of evidence, people are gonna believe what they want to believe, ultimately, and a lot of people want to believe in Michael as you know, a hero and particularly a hero to children, and I have no doubt that he was too many but I you know, it's tough to discount some of those allegations, which certainly seem very credible. If you've seen that documentary.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Prue, hundred percent true. I agree.
Speaker 1: So what do you think? What do you think, Jeff? Do you think that I mean, because they were there's stories that were coming out say they were going to start shooting this thing this year. Do you think Graham King is that is just going to step in and take this thing and direct and start shooting this year and Fouqua likes like just graciously steps away saying he's too busy with too many projects blah blah blah. Or do you think that they're going to find another director to come in who's willing to work under Graham King and wants to essentially direct the movie that turns Michael even more into a saint.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's almost like the top Gun thing that I'm going to be writing about tonight, where it's you need to find And I've said this before on movies, and I don't mean it in a disparaging way, because it takes a lot of talent to even be mentioned with this, to be tarred with this feather. But it's a shooter. You're right, you're looking for a shooter. You're looking for that is the term, and that is ultimately what Top Gun three is going to be looking for because you know you're working under the control of Tom Cruise and Jerry Bruckheimer, not to mention David Ellison, right right, you look like you just want someone who's going to come in and basically take direction themselves as much as they are a director, like entering the Marvel machine. And that's what this job is on Michael two. If Grant King doesn't do it himself, he's gonna find himself a shooter, right right.
Speaker 1: What's his face on Jurassic the most recent Jurassic World. He essentially was a shooter for that film. Uh, the guy who did the Creator and all that, he was a shooter for that film. And now he'll have a little more agency with this follow up for sure. But when he was brought in, the script was already written, so he was just coming in to shoot the film.
Speaker 2: So, like Antoine, Fuqua is one of the few black directors sadly who has really navigated the studio system.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Others include Tim's Story, Malcolm and Malcolm d Lee and people like that. And it wouldn't shock me if one of those guys came in and took over because they've been here before, right, And I think it'll be a black director. And and I don't you know, if it's not again, if it's not Graham King himself, it'll be a black during. There just aren't a lot of black directors with that kind of experience.
Speaker 1: Sadly, do you think Gena Price, u, Jeni Prison, Jenni Price, it would be possible, like a female black.
Speaker 2: Director or no, No, she's not a shooter. She actually has, you know, like a sense of authorship behind her films. So now I don't think that Gina would take the job.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so you think probably a black male director would take the job.
Speaker 2: Relate to the themes that you're sort of outlining about, you know, maybe don't get a fair shake in the media.
Speaker 3: That's true, That's true, very true.
Speaker 2: This, I mean, this is a crazy idea.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, you're.
Speaker 2: Mentioning Ryan Coogler, not Ryan Cooler, a black director, a major black director who's really fallen on hard times and he hired a lot of places. Can you think of one that comes to mind? Uh?
Speaker 1: No, not really what Steve McQueen, No, who would you who would you say? Dina? I guess yeah, depending on how she feels about the allegations.
Speaker 2: I just don't see who's like, you know, I don't see her getting along with that program to make a book.
Speaker 1: What about f Gary Gray, I mean a lot of people get him.
Speaker 2: And in the list of you know, black directors absolutely who have been there for you know, absolutely put.
Speaker 1: Him on that Tim's story. There's a few here you could play, he said, Malcolm d Lee. As you said, so you know, there's a few that might be willing to step in here. I mean, you really want to do something crossover bringing Tyler Perry, have him directed crossover? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a possibility.
Speaker 2: To Parker is a talented director.
Speaker 3: I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, let's put on his other story, another big story here. Speaking of talented directors, Jeff Christopher mcquory and Michael B. Jordan. Apparently this Battlefield film adaptation they're doing of this video game ignited a bidding war with five studios Warner Brothers, Amazon, GM, so Many, Universal and Netflix have all submitted bids to adapt this military themed game into an event film.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: McCrory is coming off those Mission Impossible fumbles. MBJ is coming off an Oscar. So your thoughts on this situation and Battlefield.
Speaker 3: That's a great game. A lot of people love it.
Speaker 1: The most recent version of it came out a few months ago. So your thoughts on this, Jeff, do you like this idea is make any sense?
Speaker 2: I mean it makes sense in that you could, you know, potentially rush it into production and get it out before Kyle of Duty. Yeah, oh yeah, you know, maybe this is a way to upstage kyleub Duty, maybe even take it to the marketplace hoping Paramount buys it. Yeah, and then like you know, doesn't do anything with it for a while until cal uh. You know. It's a great package though, between McCrory and and Michael B. Jordan, particularly off his best actor whin. I think he's in, Like, isn't he in commercials for the game?
Speaker 3: Michael B.
Speaker 1: Jordan? I think you're right.
Speaker 3: I think he is.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's how he sort of got the edge on this you know movie package.
Speaker 1: Or you know rights package or.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I can totally see why studios are frothing at the mouth for it. If I had to wager a guess, this comes down to Warner Brothers in Universal then I could see Universal really going strong for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Amazon mg I mean, I mean we just you just uh we talked about this before.
Speaker 3: But also you just dropped your.
Speaker 1: Ascent mccon column ranking Amazon MGM as the number one studio presentation. Right, so it seems like this could work in their eye, in their favor. I p wise, they've been trying to accrue as much IP as possible. But I'm sure you're right on Universal. I'm sure you're right there.
Speaker 2: I don't know that depends on Amazon strategy. Necessarily. They do have their redship with Michael B. Who's society's based there. But uh no, I expect this to go to a major, one of the majors, and either Warner Brothers or Universal.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right. The smart move for McCrory, though, isn't it, man?
Speaker 1: I mean you've got to, you know, coming off those mission impossible, shall we say, missteps, just to be kind, it's good to kind of move immediately into business with a actor like Michael B. Jordan, who is essentially in his prime. We're about to come into his prime as an Oscar winner, and see what he can create in this and then launch a whole new franchise. It lines your pockets really well, but it also keeps you viable as a director here for the next few years, because I imagine this could be like a franchise, a series of Battlefield films, just like there's been a series of Battlefield games.
Speaker 3: There's I think have been going on since the early two thousands.
Speaker 2: So you know, you never know what these things like. Battlefield is such a generic kind of name. Yeah, did Battleship perform super well or is that regarded as one of the biggest spots of all time? You know, I don't, don't.
Speaker 1: I mean Peter Burgh. Christopher McCoy is a two completely you know different.
Speaker 2: He's doing Call of Duty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see what Call of Duty looks like versus Battlefield.
Speaker 1: We'll see the.
Speaker 2: Director of battleshift. So it's to say, I just think that any movie with Michael B. Jordan's starring, and he was reluctant to commit to starring in the announcements, it was always you know, produced and possibly start because he's got to see a script first.
Speaker 1: Yes, hundred percent, we'll see. We'll see still big big stuff for myja for sure. List one of this real quick Jeff, there was some this report came out talking about the box office for Mandalorian and Grogu, where it's sitting at right now, and how much it looks like it might be making or not making as it's coming out. UH is eyeing an eighty million dollar opening at an early look at the box office. Of course, it's made for one hundred and seventy five million dollars or something like that. So some people were saying this. I saw Bellan tweek this out and say that, you know, for a Star Wars movie, that would be a chapter not good, but for a TV show becoming a movie, this is actually a good opening. What are your thoughts on this eighty million dollar number? Do you think it'll exceed expect Michael exceeded. We've seen a lot of few films recently, Jeff exceed that a box office expectations. Do you think Ben Laurien Grogu has a shot to do that? What do you think about this eighty million pugnostication?
Speaker 2: I happen to think that's very good. When I saw that blast come through today, I was like, wait, really, if it's eighty I think that's an absolute win. Like this movie doesn't cost as much as Solo. Okay, this is not a two movie, right. I think I saw somebody say one sixty five. It might be a little bit closer to one seventy five. Yeah, but I don't think it's much more than that. So they definitely this movie costs seventy five at least seventy five million less than Solo, right. And I don't think that the marketing blitz is going to be, you know, quite as strong, because I mean people kind of already know they know what they're getting, like because of the existence of the TV show. I don't know. I think it's gonna end up being profitable. I think eighty is a strong start. If you had told me sixty, yeah, he told me fifty or fifty five, I would have believed you. Yeah, yeah, ABSOLUTE would have believe you if you told me that. So if you're telling me eighty, that's a win.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you look at the situation too, like they're about to really ramp up the press and pr and publicity for this thing because May the fourth is right around the corner, which is like what five six days away, and they've got a big event happening for people to go and see twenty five minutes of footage the first I think the first nineteen minutes what they showed us at Cinema Con, that's what they're going to show in these theaters to get people excited for this movie. So I think we're gonna see a hardcore blitz now over the next few weeks to get people to go. So we could be looking at one hundred million dollar opening over the four day Memorial Day weekend, especially if word of mouth is good, especially if these first reviews come in and people like it. I think that's going to get people in the theater as well. Because people want to enjoy themselves with Star Wars man, they want to go see a good Star Wars movie, So I imagine this. And plus it's a four quadrant thing. You bring kids with, my grandfather's, grandmother's like, it works all round.
Speaker 2: So I think the movie could go either way. I think it's good, but I'm not your typical Star Wars fan, right right, And so yeah, I'm very curious to see how it legs out. But to me eighty would be a strump start, so long as you know, Disney doesn't break the bank marketing lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think hundred millions in play for an opening weekend. The question that becomes, Jeff, what is the number that this thing needs to hit where Disney goes, okay, we got ourselves eighty?
Speaker 3: Is it six?
Speaker 1: Is it five? Like?
Speaker 3: What would you look at for a hit for this movie?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it gets to five, it's it's a win.
Speaker 3: Okay, five, all right, that's fair. I'll agree with that.
Speaker 2: If it gets to four, four fifty like Fantastic four, it's not the end of the world, right right, Like you know, yeah, we wish it'd have done better, but like you know, it's it's it's respectable. But if it gets to five, I think you have to say it's a whit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Any beyond five is just gravy, especially if it gets to six.
Speaker 1: I don't think Star Wars fans are as cynical globally as they are here in the States. So I think there's a real possibility this thing like kind of finds itself doing a lot more business overseas overall that helps keep its numbers up.
Speaker 3: I would not be surprised if that's what happens.
Speaker 2: If people like when is Supergirl late?
Speaker 3: June Yes, hold ontok.
Speaker 2: Like it has a little bit of a runway through early June, and it does play for kids, you know.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah, Masters of the Universe is the thing that comes out on June fifth.
Speaker 3: That could rattle it a little bit, along with Scary.
Speaker 1: Movie Scary the forty Supergirls June twenty sixth, so it's got at least a month till Supergirl. But I think if Masters of the Universe is good, that could affect the story.
Speaker 2: One's Toy Story five.
Speaker 1: Toy Story five, then August.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's June.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, let.
Speaker 1: Me see, keep talking, I'll find it.
Speaker 2: I don't see your story release date.
Speaker 1: Oh, here it is June nineteenth. Here it is.
Speaker 2: I think it has until mid June Star Wars to make it money. And once Toy Story comes, which is Disney you know, shooting itself in the foot really yeah, like, once that comes, then then it's done. Yeah it's gonna be that's a month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it should make its money. I imagine if it's good.
Speaker 1: Again, if it's good, I think it should be fine. All right, just the reminders. We're almost at the twenty five minute mark. The stream Labs super chats are opening. I see nine super chats already. Thanks everybody you're sending super chats, in sending your questions, thoughts and comments, Sending your love here as we go along on the show, we want to hear from you all. What do you guys want us to talk about? We want to hear from you. Another great thing that happened here, Jeff. This Resident Evil trailer finally dropped today. Hear from Zach Kreiger. I did a reaction to it, which is up on my channel now because I hadn't watch I didn't watch most of the trailers in the theaters make a note, so I was able to watch it and react to it. And damn, damn, there's some really cool shit in there's some scary ass shit in this. What do you think of this for a teaser? Does this bode well? Resident Evil fans are pushing back a little bit on him for saying that it isn't fully a Resident Evil film, So drama has already started your thoughts on this teaser.
Speaker 2: Naturally, I thought it look really cool. I'm not a resident Evil guy at all. Yeah, and leaving the title aside, who gives a shit what it's called? It looked like a movie. I would go see Zach Creigor, Austin Abrams running around from like crazy shit, bodies raining from the sky, like when Yeah.
Speaker 1: Limbs coming out of darkened doorways.
Speaker 2: That was really cool shot.
Speaker 1: It was right then Harket the baron Harkinen sitting there in the sewer or whatever the hell that thing is so right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looked like the thing who was that that was on the Boys recently?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right, that the the Rock Formation. That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm up to dating by the Boys now.
Speaker 3: I respect it.
Speaker 1: Listen. I love that. I'm enjoying the season. Last season was a little This season, I'm having some fun with it. Uh, what are your thoughts on where this goes?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: What's the potential of this of especially coming out of this pretty much overall well received.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that Sony paid him a lot of fucking money to do this because they're hoping it sparks a franchise. They probably have options on on Austin Abrams provided these survives at the events of this film.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think that that is what makes it worth it. If it sponds a franchise, that it'll be deemed successful base. And that doesn't mean Craiger has to come back. He can hand that off to somebody and take a producer credit on all the future segments.
Speaker 1: You know that's true. That's true, wasn't I I don't Who was Austin in Weapons? I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I'm still not too familiar with Austin.
Speaker 2: He's the kid. What do you mean he's like the junkie.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, that was him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in Wolves, the Brad movie.
Speaker 1: I remember him and Wolves getting hit by the car and all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's also in Euphoria, so I'm sure you know him.
Speaker 2: Really, He's in Whale Fall. That's him, in will Fall.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, the Diver, that's him. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck, this guy could be coming on strong as well.
Speaker 2: That you call when you can't get Timmy. Sadly, I hate to, you know, markt him as that because if.
Speaker 1: I'm Matt Reeves, I'm moving Barry Kilgan out of my movie and I'm moving this kid in to be my joker for God's sake.
Speaker 3: That's what I would do right now. If I was Matt Reeves, I'd.
Speaker 2: Like, I'll say, he'd be a good robin.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe, yeah, but he plays those junkie characters so well, he plays those bat out characters so well, maybe maybe we'll see Jeff, you must be very happy on the horror front.
Speaker 3: Your boys from the.
Speaker 1: Blair Witch Project are coming back to be part of the blair Witch reboot that is happening here. What are your feelings on this, Dean, Like this is excite you that these guys have essentially complained their way onto the movie after taking the social media to bitch about not being a part of this thing. Heather Donna Hue is not coming back with these two gentlemen are coming back. Listen.
Speaker 3: I love the movie.
Speaker 1: We just did it on the Centophiles a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: It's great to revisit it.
Speaker 1: But Jeff, do we need these guys to come by.
Speaker 2: Not coming back? Does she just not want to be a part of anything.
Speaker 1: I think she's kind of moved on, you know, she changed her name, like she took a lot of shit for this this movie, so maybe she does want to.
Speaker 2: And that she just wouldn't take the money and take the credit. But yeah, that's all this, This is a payoff. Just stop complaining and yeah, you can sit in on meetings or something. Or like offer your take on the script, and you know the actors can spent a day with you like this, Uh really changes what this movie is gonna be all a sudden.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because Dylan Clark is doing it. And then yeah, right, so.
Speaker 2: These guys way not the Dylan Clark we all know.
Speaker 1: You all know.
Speaker 3: I don't know who Dylan Clark is.
Speaker 2: Who's Dylan Clark Starks the producer of The Batman?
Speaker 1: Oh is he must be a different yes, two different guys. Yeah, yeah, Dylan Clark did catch her story time remains portrait of God hatched. I don't know what any of these are. Yeah, so yeah, interesting. So but as I look at this article now it's been amended, she will be a part.
Speaker 3: Of it now as an EP, which is kind of surprising.
Speaker 1: Heather Dottie, they all took.
Speaker 2: That's all this is, Like, why would she turn it down?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah, initially, well they didn't. They didn't put her in the photo in Hollywood reporters.
Speaker 2: And she definitely wasn't in and I remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so now apparently its she's part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that makes sense. It shows you how little involvement all these people are going to.
Speaker 1: Have I mean, this is one hundred percent of the truth. Right, You're just giving them a cut of the pie as a thank you, and so they don't bitch about it the whole Listen, this is smart business, Honestly. You don't want the creators complaining from the first movie the whole time that could affect people come into your film. So you bring them under the tent, pay them a little bit, and you're done with it. Right, It's smart. I mean, never mind that none of them did anything else worth note after this. Yeah, yeah, all right, well there you go. What else do we want to talk about here? Yeah? What about this? Jeff Roger Avery is making a Paradise Lost movie. The Oscar winning pulp fiction co writer and the Rules of Attraction director. He's set to direct this stuff, write and direct this feature film based on John Milton's biblical epic of poem Parase Lost. I don't know I Jeff has ever read this, but yeah. Marco Weber from Goes Down is producing. I mean, I know that a lot of religious content is being made now all of the students, all of a sudden, these studios have found churches. You tell me, does this make any sense? Do you like this. I mean, Avery's had a lot of accusations against him.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts.
Speaker 2: I don't give a shit about the accusations. Really, Okay, do respect Roger Avery will always be the fucking guy who coro pulp fiction, So you know, a bow down to him when he says he's gonna make this, like that's cool. I can make this, you can make this. We can all make this right now, like on our computer on AI right now? Yeah, well, yes, that's basically what he's talking about, Like who is releasing it? Who is? Like are celebrities providing voices for it? Like I don't understand what someone says when they're they when they say they're making an AI movie anymore?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I don't know. Yeah right, how much of it is AI? How much of it isn't?
Speaker 2: What is the on your computer? And type of prompts? And yeah, that's what you're gonna do that? Okay, that sounds like a nice Friday like yeah, and it's not that I don't like respect it because cool shit can be made with AI. But yeah, yeah, there are so many movies to pay it for me to pay attention to. Why does this deserve my two hours?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh, he's should ad to the story for those who may not know. In Jeffi's referencing this as well. He's doing this for Ex Machina Studios, and the film is being produced for the AI Oriented Production Company. The aim is to use the company's proprietary AI to allow for quote, expansive worlds to be realized that the responsible budget, while preserving the primacy of real actors, human author narratives, and guild aligned production practice. There's a lot of safe words to mean like we're gonna make this as with AI as much as possible and just barely do enough to satisfy these guilds so they don't come after us for using AI.
Speaker 3: But this is essentially what they're doing.
Speaker 2: I remember rewriting these press releases too in the trades, a lot of companies saying we're gonna do a lot of shit and it's probe terry. So if you want to know, if you want to see it, you gotta pay for it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, in the days that we have now of the House of David on Prime Video, this story Paradise Loss is about Lucifer and about fighting back against God and Heaven and damnation and all this kind of stuff and it's a hell of a book.
Speaker 3: Do I trust Roger Avery to be the one to write this?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, bro I don't know. Yeah, I don't know. We'll see, We'll.
Speaker 2: See, everybody. A lot of people have tried to do Paradise Lost. Yeah, it's a classic tale of good and evil.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Alex Proys had a project on this with Bradley Cooper. It didn't end up getting done.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I did. I chased all the casting on that, I remember. But again, ultimately, some seventeen year old kid would be sitting at home right now at last movie and it could be the truth.
Speaker 3: See, could be very possible.
Speaker 1: You never know. Uh, Jeff, it is time for the James gun portion of the show. Let us tell.
Speaker 3: This the gun We should we should have a gun sound effect. Oh maybe not. People might take that wrong, but just thinking out loud.
Speaker 1: But James Gunn here has offered some updates on the DC projects. Here he says the authority is now shelved. This one of the signature announcements that he made years ago at that Gods and Monsters press conference. It is not happening. He did say though that Booster Gold is in development, and he said that Paradise Lost, the TV series that I'd heard from sources was basically dead, is in quote unquote extreme development, whatever the hell that means.
Speaker 3: So your thoughts on his updates.
Speaker 2: Here and what Infinity Vision?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What extreme development?
Speaker 2: Me? I don't know what.
Speaker 1: We were so doing this one.
Speaker 2: We're so big street Paradise Lost today We'll see.
Speaker 1: But do you think this is a window to show us that ad Rjone is actually playing Wonder Woman? Do you think this is a window him saying that Paradise Loss, which is connected to Wonder Woman.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm not gonna unnecessarily connect the two. I gotta love a guy though, who's just so sick of being coy and like beating around the bush that he's like, listen, the authority, it's not happening. It's dead. Stop asking you about It's like, I don't want to do it anymore. It doesn't fit anywhere. Like I think that again, he realized that he wasn't going to be doing four, you know, three or four projects or you know, movies. He had to scale down. That's why Sergeant Rock right his clay face or Sergeant Rock right, and play Face got the nod over Sergeant Rock. He do both at the same time. That was kind of the plan. I think that he was asked to scale back, and so you know, the line gets longer. M And that's why you need to get Wonder Woman in there, because you can't afford to wait another cycle of movies. Yeah, to then introduce her because by that time your contract may be up. You may not even get a chance. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I respect the fact that he's like saying it straight up like a band. Well, he said, don't don't joke about people getting shot. That is not a funny joke. I don't know where what your mind would say why you would make a joke about that. So, uh, that's I just put him in time out. He's not banned. I put him in time out. But anyway, what's that get.
Speaker 2: Fruit somewhere else your band?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like the fact that James is being honest about this and be like it's not gonna happen. But I also think Jeff like, I think they look at the climate and they're like, we're not gonna do a film where two of our leads are the gay Superman of the gay Batman. Uh, and they're in a relationship and that's gonna be the team that we're putting out. Like, I just don't think they I just think they're looking at it going like this isn't the time to do it. Also, don't you want to establish your pillars first and then take swings at these kind of more out there, lesser known type of entities like the authority.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what Marvel did. Marvel has to like they established themselves over like a dozen or two dozen movies and then it was time to get a little weird and funky and some work other than others. But you know, Jamie reminded me earlier today that like when we first went to that when I first went to that DC, that's right. Yeah, they failed to sleep and we were going to drop the story the next morning, right because everything was embargoed until the next day. We looked at that slate and Jamie and I were like, thirty to forty percent of these movies will get made. Yeah, oh yeah, that's just the way development sort of works. So we knew that some we're just a pipe dream, and that's kind of what they prove to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, look, it's not wrong to have big ideas and have big plans. We all have goals. We all have big plans. The problem is, well most of it's. The problem is you, when you speak it out into the universe in this way, you kind of get held to account for it. And so a lot of what he announced is not going to see the light of day or would never see the light of day. And also you can't count for the changing dynamics. What's the merger going to do for DC if it does get approved by the time the quarter three quarter four rules around here of this year, will that change the dynamics of the projects they want to make? So there's all kinds of things that are up in the air here. So I'm not going to rake James over the coal over this, But what are your thoughts on the lantern situation? Jeff?
Speaker 3: Did you hear about this?
Speaker 1: This trailer got pulled, then got the song changed, then it got back up, but then it got pulled again because it possibly put the release date on there, like like extra drama for a show that has already kind of pushing the boulder up the hill. What are your thoughts on this? Do you hear about this?
Speaker 2: No? I didn't I know something something happened with lanterns.
Speaker 1: What's the d Yeah, So basically they pulled the trailer from the HBO, Max, HBO and I think Warner Brothers YouTube channels two days ago. People were like, why they pulled the People started thinking they were going to eighty six the show and take it right off. People lost their minds, right, Yeah, And then it was kind of filtered through sources that it was a rights issue because the Bruce Springsteen song they used was a remix, and so they changed the song on the new trailer and put that up late yesterday, but then they took it down again two hours later, and the rumor was because they had put the release date on there, which they haven't officially announced, which I think was August twenty first or something. So now I think it's still down, hasn't been put back up, but just seems like unnecessary fumbling here from Warner brother there's in DC for a project that's already kind of gotten a lot of shit for its initial trailer.
Speaker 2: Sure, I guess it could be a smoother rollout, but I honestly haven't paid a lot of attention to them. They can't imagine that many people have Besides, like the core DC fan base that pays attention to every goddamn you're going to get the show. You know, august As promised, nothing's happening to the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the show is going to surprise people, though, and in a good or bad way. I don't know it'll be a good or bad way. I think it's just they'll be surprised.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: See, I hope I like it. I hope it's great.
Speaker 1: Speaking of surprise, how about this, Jeff. Brian Helgeland has been tapped to write a Django and Zoro crossover movie based on a cobook series that Quentin Tarantino co wrote back in twenty fourteen. I think a seven issue comic book series here.
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 1: The gentleman who co wrote with him is an Eisner Award winner, but yes, he is writing this movie.
Speaker 3: Brian Helgeland, your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Do this makes sense? Does it feel like this was continuing the adventures of Django than the young Zort What I heard.
Speaker 2: About what I needed before the Sony Cinema con presentation, Oh, Tarantino project might be announced. This was the Tarantino project, so obviously he's not directing it. This isn't going to be his final movie or anything, but yeah, it's based on his comic book. I had reported years ago that Tarantino was doing then that Gerrod Carmichael was adapting it. Oh wow, Yeah, Gerond Carmichael was like a hot Street writer for a second. So anyways, Helgeland is a fantastic writer, one of the best writers in town, really, and you kind of need a great writer to be able to fuse these two very different properties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and pull this off.
Speaker 2: So if they are intent on doing it, and I think that really, you know, there's probably an audience for anything with Tarantino's name on its short of a movie directed by.
Speaker 3: The Rizza, Yeah, true, sure true.
Speaker 2: Like you know, people want to see more Janko, especially they get Jamie Fox back. It's not the only, not the only role Jennie Fox should be looking at reprise right now.
Speaker 3: By the way, Oh well, what other role do you think you should reprise?
Speaker 2: Because if I was Jamie Fox, I would be up Graham King's ass. Okay, come back to reprise my role as Ray Charles Ray Charles in the Michael sequel.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, that could be possible.
Speaker 2: I had that idea egging Graham King for okay, I.
Speaker 1: Like that idea. Uh, I need to respond to l a nerd girl who called me out, and she's absolute right to call me out. Thank you for saying. You know, every once in a while people do call me out and I do take it. Well. Well, I put the picture of DiCaprio. DiCaprio's got nothing to do with a Django Zoro crossover.
Speaker 2: Uh so it's a photo from Django.
Speaker 1: It's my mistake, my mistake. So I want to respect her points of views and put up there. You go, that's a better picture. There's Django and Zoro together there. But actually wouldn't be Benderis's Zorro because in the comics it's Anthony Hopkins Zorro as a young man that he crosses paths with with Django, So this could be interesting crossover.
Speaker 2: Zora's not gonna be Anthony Hopkins either, No, of course, not of course, to be like Anthony Ramos or something. You know, no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: You got to get someone a little more, a little more with theft to them. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is there a I mean it's got to be huh, did you watch The Beauty.
Speaker 3: Uh No, I don't watch those weird shows.
Speaker 2: You. That's the thing. It's like Ramos did it for me, and that like he's a different person in my book. Now he's transformed. He is, wow, transformed.
Speaker 3: Because of that.
Speaker 2: That's what he was in The Beauty.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, I can respect that.
Speaker 1: Let's see what else.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's talk about these two trailers. Jeff. We had one night only.
Speaker 2: With you and I.
Speaker 1: I think we saw this trailer at Cinema Con and then we had this Verity trailer come out this week. Ooh, man, I am not interested in either one of these two, but please let us know your thoughts, Jeff, what do you think of these two?
Speaker 2: Let's start with the good Verity. That's a huge bestseller from Colleen Hoover. I used to see people reading that all the time, like a huge beach book. I think it's gonna be huge. I don't know if it'll be quite as huge as the Housemaid, but it's very much in this It's two big female leads. Yeah, has the Way to go to Johnson and then a guy Josh Hartnett who's along for the ride, kind of like Brent brance Leonard was in the house, you know, like we're there to see the two women fight.
Speaker 1: Just pay me.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Like, I think it looks super creepy. It's interesting, and it's from Michael Showalter, who I think is a pretty talented director. Yeah, and like just like Paul fig like a guy who's known for his comedies, who's doing something different here. Yeah, wait, going into thriller territory. I think this is gonna be a hit, whether it's the size of the Housemaid or not. What did you think of Verity? You're just just not for you.
Speaker 1: I just I'm not an Anne Hathaway or Dakota Johnson person, So I couldn't give two ships. Honestly, I couldn't love Josh. I love Josh, but yeah, those two annoying me. Bro, I'm not I'm not a fan of that.
Speaker 2: You watch Delaware's Product two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no good?
Speaker 2: No good? Was Hathaway was no good?
Speaker 3: She was phoning in half of the movie.
Speaker 1: That that's my opinion on it. My review is going to be up tomorrow morning. I recorded it today. She phoned in. But I'm saying that show, Walter Search Party, that's a damn good show. I like that show so I want to see. I might go see this movie because show Walter is the director, but I wouldn't normally be into that's not from show Walter's mind, like that he's like a director for hire on that that's a gig.
Speaker 2: How dare you on certain he is? You know though he's Wet America. I mean, he didn't direct with Hot American Summer, but he's obviously a creative authority, you know, he you know, behind the scenes, him and David Wayne. I just by the way, I just watched God Gail Daughtry and the Celebrity Sex pot Pass.
Speaker 1: Oh was it good?
Speaker 2: I mean not particularly, and I love I love those guys, but uh, weird, weird, weird movie. Like, okay, that's a that's a streaming movie. Like to put that in theaters? I can't imagine people are gonna walk out of that movie happy.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: What about One Night Only?
Speaker 2: One night Only, John we Gotta only. We have to have a real discussion about this movie. What the fuck is going on in this movie?
Speaker 3: It's it's the sex spurge, right, is that what that is?
Speaker 2: But it's not. It's a romantic comedy, and I I don't understand it. At all, and no one else seems to understand it. Judging by the tweets that I see in my Twitter feed, it's just people being like I was absolutely confounded by the premise of this movie. Yeah, no one understood for forgive forget the title, which is moronic. I mean, think about that on a marquee it just says one night only. Are people like, is that there is a movie for when I don't want what's happening? Bad movie to have on a marquee. But the premise, it doesn't commit to its own premise, its own premise because as so many people brought up, like why are we just trying to find someone to fuck right now? Like didn't you have the whole year to find that person? And shouldn't you be using the one day of the year to fuck to fuck rather than like.
Speaker 1: Bro, you know, how uh how much people what's the word? Uh? What's the word?
Speaker 3: The p word?
Speaker 1: Where people wait to the last minute to go and follows you know, you know what procrastinators there are in the world, Like, come on, I think there are a lot of procrastinators when it.
Speaker 3: Comes to fucking.
Speaker 1: Because people are lazy. Some people are absolutely lazy and when you're this pretty like Callum Turner and Monica Barbaro, maybe you think this will happen when you want it to happen, because you're not. You're not bereft of choices.
Speaker 2: Do these people have any chemistry to you?
Speaker 1: Zero?
Speaker 2: Absolutely zero, none, like a bad pairing. And that doesn't bode well for Callum Turner's chances. Yeah, Bond, because in your James Bond you have to have chemistry with everybody.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't have. When they floated his name out there, I was not excited by this name. I do not think this guy has James Bond energy in any way, shape or form. I don't think girls are falling all over themselves to find him attracted. I just don't. And so, you know, but I could see Monica Barbaro in a James Bond film. I could actually see her in a James Bond film.
Speaker 3: That could be fun to see.
Speaker 1: Horrible, But yeah, she is beautiful, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not. It's she gives romantic comedy vibes, not sex comedy vibes. And that's the whole problem with this movie is that I thought it was a sex comedy. It's sort of like the whole premise when like sex is in the log line, Yeah, be a sex compedy. It can't be a romantic comedy. Sorry.
Speaker 3: And also these films always have some sort of commentary.
Speaker 1: What's the commentary it's making that love is more important than a one night stand?
Speaker 3: Are we going into the prude territory?
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's bad, it's ben. Whatever it is is bet.
Speaker 1: And this is from Will Glock, who did anyone but you and made a shit ton of money off that and got Sidney Sweeney and Glen Paw to be considered stars in essence. He also did the Peter Rabbit movies which I never saw, the anti remake Frint go Ahead.
Speaker 2: So what easy A? Is this movie?
Speaker 1: Easy A? As well? Fired Up? Friends with Benefits as well? So I remember Fired Up? I kind of liked Fired Up? Uh my friend, Yeah, Sarah roman That's when I first saw Sarah Romer was in Fired Up.
Speaker 3: But yeah, well see it's a weird, interesting film.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's not much around it.
Speaker 1: So but I think the thing what you said is that if people are confused about what the film is, that can go one of two ways. Either that's great, because it has the intrigue or you've lost them already and they don't care to find out.
Speaker 2: You have to sell a high if you're you're gonna go high concept. It has to be easy to swallow, particularly when it comes to the rom com genre, like I don't I don't foresee this going very well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I didn't see any chemistry.
Speaker 2: But to them either, last it's called the romantic comedy. What were the jokes? What were the jokes? People?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'm a goo.
Speaker 3: What were the jokes? Hey, yea, I tell you the truth. That's all we want.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to this story here. What's your thoughts on this? Jeff, we you and I saw this at Cinema comb but they finally released footage of the aliens here, and some people are already claiming that they a this is an unofficial Close Encounters of the Third Kind sequel because of the look of these aliens here. So what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 2: Jeff is Stephen? That was the original rumor? Yeah right, those are the original rumors, and sometimes you have to trust those. It wouldn't shock me, especially with how top secret they're keeping the third act. Yeah, that was sort of like the big reveal though this movie's that movie's fifty years old, Like, how many people in that theater think of just like the people in the theater, Yeah yeah, like two rows of people who get that reference. The rest of the people are gonna be like, what are these other two rows getting that? I'm not?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I don't know that that's necessarily the way to go here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think this is because I mean, Josh O'Connor was interviewed about the film and he kept dropping these close encounters references. So clearly that's on purpose. That's not a mistake that they're having him. It's not really talking sleep.
Speaker 2: For a guy who's like in an alien movie from Steven Spielberg to reference another alien movie scene.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is, you know how this works with publicists and pr people.
Speaker 1: If they don't want you to reference a movie because they don't want this movie to be connected to that movie, you don't mention the movie.
Speaker 3: So the fact that he's got free reign to mention it lets me know that they want to.
Speaker 1: Lean into the possible connections or the mystery or as you said, the third act that's sentially been locked down Uh so, I don't think it's a coincidence. So people making these connections, they want you to make those connects.
Speaker 2: I think it's and if they want you to, then it's a marketing thing, right, Yes, that's what I think it is. We're going to sell this from the director of Close Encounters, don't I don't think that necessarily the movie is going to tie into it.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe yeah.
Speaker 1: Because O'Connor said this, he confirmed the Disclosure Day answers some questions quote unquote raised by Close Encounters, which imply that Spielberg is returning to the same thematic territory, which is human encounters with extraterrestrial life, but with a more revealing or explanatory style. He said that it's a close encounter's left certain mysteries on results, particularly around the nature of alien contact and what it means for humanity, and Disclosure Day is now being framed as a continuation or response to those unanswered.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like that, and that's a smart framing, But I don't mean. I don't think it means there's necessarily a solid connection between the two films, because I highly doubt that there is.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is what calm downs. Richard Dreyfus will not return. You're saying he will not return at the.
Speaker 2: End of the I don't think he would return.
Speaker 1: No, a d aged Richard dreyfe is popping up there. That would be very funny.
Speaker 3: Let's see what else have I got on here?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Jeff, Apparently there is no movement on James Bond. The script is quote nowhere near ready on the James Bond situation. So why are we getting these updates, bro? If nothing's happening on this thing? Or do you think this is maybe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly have you seen it in my newsletter? If you haven't, then don't believe it. So it's a different guy every week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: This is from the Telegraph, which is the British paper. They claim that Stephen Knight is nowhere near ready while key creative figures remain otherwise occupied with Night.
Speaker 3: When his shows that he's gotten in, Villeneuve's doing the doing stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's a he said. They said in the article that execs at Amazon MGM are quote fed up with even thinking about Double O seven's future. So but one film studies professor says he's getting the impression that they don't know what to do with it.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's true at all.
Speaker 2: So you know what's gonna end up happening here? Danis Vanu, He's gonna walk. They're gonna end up bringing Antoine Fukla.
Speaker 3: For fifteen million for fifteen van.
Speaker 2: Of a van down by the low by the river, London River.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think that. Like, did you see the most recent name that was rumined for Bond? It was Tom Glenn Carney.
Speaker 1: Who is that?
Speaker 2: It is like the second build in in uh Dunkirk.
Speaker 1: I believe Oh that kid.
Speaker 2: Not Finn Whitehead.
Speaker 1: But yeah, oh no, no, I saw him in something recently. Oh right, House of the Dragon. He's a god in House of the Dragon. He's the kid that gets all burnt up in the first season or second season. Oh I could. I don't as wait as Bond.
Speaker 2: Dude. These British they're just like polling names out of their asses. But the only time they ever get it right is when it's Bond.
Speaker 3: So it has to be Pattinson. Just stop sucking around and making a fifty.
Speaker 2: Year old Bond was Bond and Batman? No almost threw I almost coughed up a nut there.
Speaker 1: He's only forty. He's right in that age range. He's right in that age range. Man, if they're not going to continue with another Batman movie, shoot the Batman two and then roll right into fucking James Bond. He'd be great as Bond.
Speaker 2: I say, they cast me as James Bonstein, Egypt Jewish James Bond.
Speaker 3: My and Bond shlow mo Bond.
Speaker 1: That's a black and white comic of ivors all one. Anyway, all right, what else have we got here? As we're rolling into these questions very soon? Oh yeah, so we might as well talk about it. Yeah. Devil Ware's product is out in theaters this weekend. I know that it's getting a lot of good reviews from the press and the journalists because it's about saving press and the journalists.
Speaker 2: About the media. It's really a referendum on saving the media. We should save the media.
Speaker 1: It is such. It is Uh. It is the greatest hits too. It's just like Michael, it is the greatest Hits Tour. This is a terrible script, a lightweight approach to these very serious topics, and it basically plays like Entourage for women. That's what It's an episode of Entourage for women. That's what this entire film is. Anytime there's anything of stakes, somebody makes a couple of calls and the problem is solved, the object is overcome, and it's like there's a couple of twists and turns. You're like, Okay, Stanley Tucci and Meryl Streep and Emily are the reasons to see this. I do think Anne is trying to recreate a character that she no longer fully has a grasp of, and the romance with what's his face from calling from accounts not that good, and Justin throw is irritating his piss in this movie.
Speaker 3: So that's what I would say to you.
Speaker 2: So it's an episode of Entourage without the guy from Entourage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically, except that Anne Hathaway is essentially the guy from Entourage in this scenario, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Vince, I'm saying he wasn't he in the original?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because yeah, right, that's right, that's right. But like, yeah, that's actually a great point because Miranda is essentially the fucking Jeremy Pivot character, right then Emily Blunt would.
Speaker 2: Be Adrian Greed is the only one who didn't make it back. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, which one's Turtle? Does that make Stanley Tucci Turtle?
Speaker 1: No, No, Tucci would be Tucci would be Kevin because he's on top.
Speaker 2: Of ship well, proud colors of the Tucci gang.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, yeah, he's the reason to be to watch the movie. He's so good in the movie. He has the best lines in the movie.
Speaker 2: He really is naturally.
Speaker 1: I like it there, So that's what I would say. Did you have you seen anything this week? Did you see anything that you can recommend? You watch? Apex?
Speaker 2: And you say about so many movies this week, what can you talk about? I can talk about the Abyss.
Speaker 1: But the original Abyss? You saw it again?
Speaker 2: Never saw the Abyss? What? Oh?
Speaker 1: Please your thoughts, Jeff.
Speaker 2: I mean it was good, you know, it wasn't like it wasn't great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd agree, but it was.
Speaker 2: It's a solid movie. I'm glad I saw it. I don't mean, I can't forgive me James Cameron for having gone this long. I'd seen parts of it and stuff like that, sure, just like you know, I also don't know that i'd necessarily seen the Color of Money front to back, but I watched that as well. I'd seen parts of the color. And I don't know if I've seen like the whole thing in one sitting, because it is one of those movies. It was like always on, like TNT.
Speaker 1: Right, I those I think those are comparable films. Those aren't the best films in both of these directors resumes, but they're certainly good to watch.
Speaker 2: It's the link, John, what's the link? Because anybody get it's so obvious.
Speaker 1: Mayor Elizabeth Master Antonio, of course.
Speaker 2: So I went down to Mary Elizabeth mas rabbit Hole this week. Right to those two movies. I watched The January Man.
Speaker 3: Yes, Kevin Kline, her and Kevin Klin.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a very good movie.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't. No, this was the beginning of the end of the end of Kevin Kline.
Speaker 3: Was the January Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you did you watch a civil action, the one with her and Hackman? No, I bro, you you gotta watch that because it's Cacman's her dad and they go toe to toe in a court case. It's fantastic. There's a bunch like.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm just going down to Mary Elizabeth rabbit and it's been a blast. I also started watching I haven't finished because I got interrupted in Sandy's Which one's that one? Denise's big movie?
Speaker 3: Oh, the original one, the first one.
Speaker 2: I don't know that it's his first film, but it definitely put him on the map. And it starts with one of my favorite Radiohead songs. So I'm like, I'm in, I need to get I need to finish that one this weekend. All right, here's what did you send you're watching APEX, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna send you a list here. Class Action, Consenting Adults. You need to see, uh, perfect Storm, Right, she's in Perfect Storm from Boston. Yeah, but those are the movies because she just goes into TV after that. So yeah, I would say that. I'm sure you've seen Roberto Prince of Thieves, the class Action, maybe White Sands. But Consenting Adults is a damn good movie that she's in as well, So I would recommend those for you.
Speaker 2: That was a right, Yes, yes, yes, yes, I dude, I went. I'm telling you, I did my fucking I'm Mary Elizabeth. I'm ready to rub and roll.
Speaker 3: She's the best man I always felt. I always thought it was sad that she.
Speaker 1: Didn't, you know, become even bigger. Goddamn, she's great. In scarface as well.
Speaker 2: Man, she's a goddamn great actress, a tough name.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: True, that's a fair point as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's maybe why Mary Stuart Masterson didn't make it as big either.
Speaker 2: Star name guys, Tom Cruise, Julia Roberts, these are star names.
Speaker 1: Hulk Cogan.
Speaker 3: What's that documentary Hulk Cogan?
Speaker 2: That was excellent?
Speaker 1: I thought it was good too. Yeah, I don't think we talked about it last week, texted about it, but you told me about it, and then I finally watched it over the weekend. Last weekend. I loved it. I couldn't believe how much I loved it. I was so surprised. Yeah, Apex, I'm enjoying Apex. I'm about an hour into Apex.
Speaker 2: Uh what Oh?
Speaker 1: I finished The Dark Wizard I got those early. Highly highly recommend that on HBO. If you guys aren't watching that documentary series about this dude who was a climber, a free soil climb.
Speaker 3: It's it's really moving. It's a fantastic doc.
Speaker 2: You see the trailer today for this Netflix documentary called The Crash.
Speaker 1: No, what is that?
Speaker 2: It's a felt like a girl who like drove her car full speed with two friends in the car into like a wall at one hundred miles per hour and they both died and she walked away.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, right, all right?
Speaker 3: I unfortunately saw that j Lo Brett Goldstein trailer.
Speaker 2: Here's everybody dumping on this trailer. Dude, let me tell you that movie's gonna be a hit, and it looks adorable on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Is gonna be a hit. Of course it is, because you don't problem. You just got to grab the remote, not move your fat ass at all and hit play. Of course it's gonna be a hit on Netflix.
Speaker 2: What's your problem with the movie?
Speaker 1: It's tear. They have no chemistry, and it's and she's not that great of an actress, and when she works with someone who's not that great of it, who's not like on her level. And I don't think Brett's gate. Don't get me wrong, Brett's great. I love him on the British stuff that he does, but this doesn't. This doesn't hold anyway. What was that rom com he did a year or two ago?
Speaker 2: Also, you have chemistry. I think that that that there's something sexy about him and that women like him. There's always gonna be something sexy about Jenny from the Block, and I think that people are looking forward to seeing the two of them.
Speaker 1: Get it on Okay.
Speaker 2: I think that that is gonna do really good numbers on Netflix and people are gonna like it. Okay, that's my prediction. I'm crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't think you're wrong. People love her on Netflix.
Speaker 2: That's why she's doing They're both too likable people.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say. I wouldn't say she's likable. I think there are a lot of people have worked with her. Wouldn't agree with you, Jeff, so you know, you know it is what it is. I like Brett, I like him doing comedies. I just don't find chemistry between the two of them. But you know, who knows.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's maybe it's a good movie. It will see.
Speaker 1: Anything else you saw this week?
Speaker 3: Anything else you were ever to take a look at.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I've so many things. I mean, I watched I can't talk about it. I see I have Lucky Anya Taylor Joy Apple, Okay, Okay, worth watching when it comes out in July.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: People are talking mad love for Margo's Got Money Troubles.
Speaker 1: Did you finish that series?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, I watched it like a couple of months ago. It was terrific and I el Fanning was great. Shall fight for Best Role in Ages? Nickauferman's really good, solid show for Apple, and I think it's gonna do better at the Emmys than the trades are predicting right now.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, wow? Okay, all right, fair point, all right. I do want to ask you about this, but we don't spend too much time on this. What did you think of Seth the Bramovic's pr infused right up here on g read it?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I know it's supposed to on the list, but I did not even see it. Wouldn't have read it even if I.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we won't talk about it, all right. Five.
Speaker 2: I thought it was it just like uh, you know, PR for for Gina.
Speaker 1: Very much so pr for Gina and painted the left as being the reactionaries.
Speaker 3: And the right as not being the reactionaries, which I thought was really stupid.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take it apart probably tomorrow on a live show. If you guys want to watch me take that article apart tomorrow night, I probably will do that. All right, Let's get into some questions here, Jeff, because I got no more topics unless you want to bring something up.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you meet the subject on their level, like you gotta empathize, Like you really shouldn't do an interview with somebody if you can't empathize with them on some level. Or it was empathizer sympathize.
Speaker 1: I think you've got to be well rounded, which is you empathize. But you also question the fact that he didn't ask her at all and wouldn't bring up the tweets that she posted. That's some bullshit, Like, let's have a fucking real conversation. You can still come out with a much more fuller appreciation for the person. I think when everything's just so skewed, anybody can analyze Thath's got an analytical brain and see how skewed it is. So you know, it just was really ridiculous on some levels. We already talked about Apex brother. Both of us liked it. I mean, I'm an hour in.
Speaker 3: I'm liking it so far, so.
Speaker 2: I like it. Did you see hopem John?
Speaker 1: I have not seen. Is that out in theaters now? Hok them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I might go to see it tonight.
Speaker 1: Do you like it?
Speaker 2: I said, I might go see it toname.
Speaker 1: Oh oh you Michael see it? I thought you saw it? Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh is it getting good reviews?
Speaker 2: I don't know, don't, don't horror movies always eight good reviews?
Speaker 1: No, not all of them making two point zero?
Speaker 3: Uh no, this one's got what eighty eight percent right now in Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 2: So okay, eighty eight percent. That's better than jaj Jing Redemption.
Speaker 1: You can't go backwards.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the questions here. We've got twenty questions and we've got some stream lab or some stream labs as well. Please send the man Lenz. Gentlemen, let's get the fifty. Come on, help us out here on the show to come to you every week with this information. And you like hanging out with us. Come on, he's eating ramen, for God's sake. Five hundred and fifty of you hanging out with us. Please send in your love as we go along here, mister noiber sequel title Michael, me too or smooth Criminal.
Speaker 3: I don't think either one of those two are going to be.
Speaker 2: The criminal would be amazing. Michael, beat it, you don't like it? Beat it?
Speaker 1: Your dear enemy, Jeff is the number one best journalist, just ask him. There you go.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say I'm the number one best journalist, but I mean like I'm up there, like I'm ten. There's no room for me on a mask that somewhere.
Speaker 3: Just in the conversation, Just in the conversation.
Speaker 1: Jared El says, if either of you could live in any movie universe, movie TV show, what would it be and who would you be in it? Who? I guess I would be Captain America. Hey, I'm in some of the best films of a franchise. I get to be with Haley atwell uh and uh, people want me to come back all the time. So I would be Chris Evans, Steve Rodgers, Captain America. In the Marvel, I.
Speaker 2: Would be myself and I'd be on the office. I just want a desk at dunder Mifflin. I want to be able to look at when like someone says to Meing's super and just look at John Gerson's gonna be like I wanted to shoot people weird looks. I think I'm an amalgamation of all the characters. I'm like, I'm like Phyllis meets Oscar meets Kevin meets PLoP me I.
Speaker 1: Would I would love to know what part of you as Oscar that is the most ridiculous thing that I can't.
Speaker 2: That's that's pride.
Speaker 1: Don't tell exactly.
Speaker 2: How dare you? That is?
Speaker 1: Office is? Jeff? Forgive the morbid curiosity. But does the Vulte one movie exist? Why didn't Amazon showcase it at cinema? That's a good question.
Speaker 2: Somehow it does exist. Yeah, I mean I told you Amazon MGM going all in on these eighties properties, and they're not all going to hit. And I think if they're gonna learn that the hard way with Masters of the Universe, it's probably wise to only market one giant Eighties you know movie. Like I've got to be like, yeah, we're doing a whole slate of these. Get excited, Like, maybe just tease the first one, see how it goes. You can always sell this movie or you know, drop it on prime video if it's really a disaster.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true. W W Grat says Jeff. You recently moved into a new place, all right, guys, rank these new new home movies Beetlejuice, The Money Pit, The Shining Inside Out, Three Three Irons inside Out, What's three iron.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the iron is. I love that someone thinks that you know what it is, three iron last. Automatically, I'll go the Shining Beetlejuice inside Out the money Pit, three iron, right, three iron? Yeah, uh, I think it's inside out.
Speaker 1: I think it's a Korean film, so I've not seen it either, so I would put that last. But yeah, I probably put the Shining Beetlejuice the money inside out the money Pit. No way, Actually, the Shining inside out Beetlejuice, the money Pit, three iron.
Speaker 2: That's what inside out over Beetlejuice.
Speaker 1: Joey Pether has finally caught a live show. Just want to support. Thank you, Joey, appreciate your brother, Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Good name.
Speaker 1: Message I know, right message, system of call. In nineteen ninety nine, I was spanked with a wooden paddle at a Christian school. Right. These nineteen ninety movies Matrix, The Fight Club or sorry fight Club, Green Mile, American Beauty six cents.
Speaker 3: Goddamn, that's a murderer's role.
Speaker 2: Really, that's a killer lineup. And it changed like it changed, like you want the ratings from when I first saw them or now?
Speaker 1: Sure? Sure, do it do it first?
Speaker 2: And then Now, I mean, I think when I first saw these movies, American Pie, I'm sorry, American Beauty would have been number one. I like the sixth Sense fight Club, the May and Green Mile. Now I think I go the Matrix Fight Club, American Beauty, this sixth Sense Green Mile.
Speaker 1: Wow, I would say Matrix fight Club, sixth Sense, Green Mile, American Beauty.
Speaker 2: That's what I want, the worst of these to you.
Speaker 1: But it's it's it's number five on the five great It's the five of the greatest movies of nineteen and nine. So it's not like it's the worst, but it's.
Speaker 2: The glean Mile's best, the furthest back there really.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I like Gream. I still love Green Mouth. He killed them with they love cartoon. Forty nine thoughts on resident Evil fans upset about the trailer. Look, you're not gonna please fan bases. What are you gonna do? He's trying to do your best. Yeah, babies, babies, And when that movie comes out and the casuals go to see it over and over again, the resident Evil fans can be all upset on their message boards. All they want.
Speaker 2: Who gives a sugar movie. Who movie kidding?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Bajara thirty four to fifty fives.
Speaker 1: Lionsgate execs says Michael was was a three hour and thirty minute script the original Yeah. Yeah, they had said it was a four hour movie. The original cut of the film.
Speaker 2: Probably thirty forty minutes and there's probably another thirty forty minutes they can use. Yeah, have to shoot two thirds of a movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: John Ashford says Evening Jets. Any word on the McConaughey reboot of Mike Hamer? What will it be current or nineteen forties? With this and the Rockford Files, what are the classic cop show would you like to see?
Speaker 2: Again? The idea that either of us is asking our sources whether the Mike Hammer movie will be current or nineteen forties is hilarious. John Ashford, thank you for sending your question. I have not heard a peep on it. I think it's exactly the type of movie that we do not need right now. And yeah, helping what other classic cop show would I like to see? Though? I mean, I love you can't do homicide anymore because with that hour.
Speaker 3: Gone, it's like you can't do it, so agreed, agreed.
Speaker 2: The Cops show. It's not my only vice. Huh.
Speaker 1: Jeff's classic is about ten years earlier than earlier than mine, so I would say, Kojack, I've always loved Kojak. Telly Sabalis. I still watch old episodes of Kojak on Pluto TV because I fucking love Kojak. That's the guy I would love to see. And the ing Rings one is fine, by the way, shout out from both of us, Hoping Rings is okay. He collapsed recently, so yeah, hope he's okay, good, good.
Speaker 2: All right. I have the answer to this, so you're ready, go ahead, fascinating guys, because I want to do you should all go to Google look this up. My answer to this question is then the animated series.
Speaker 1: Cops, the animated series.
Speaker 2: Google it google copsated series? Right now?
Speaker 1: What there was an animated series?
Speaker 2: Has another? Do is Cops the reality? Oh? Okay, okay, okay, But I grew up watching that show Cops, and I had all the action figures and it was like a big deal for me. Wow, Joe, I would love to see that brought back on Netflix somehow. Look it up.
Speaker 1: The nineteen eighty eight animated television series released by d S Animation City. The series focuses on a team of highly trained police officers tasks with protecting the fictional Empire City from a group of gangsters led by the Big Bows.
Speaker 2: Uh shoe.
Speaker 3: Okay, amazing, But they.
Speaker 1: Changed it to Cyber Cops because of the Cops reality show coming out in nineteen eighty nine. So the first season Cops, then they changed it to Cyber Cops after that.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I just remember it as Cops, That's all I remember.
Speaker 3: That, all right, Shadows seven ninetieses.
Speaker 1: Do you guys think Tom Cruise could do Battlefield before Top Gun three would be Jordan film.
Speaker 3: I don't know if Tom Cruise would be in it.
Speaker 2: I'll say this, I'll play this much. Absolutely not. And if you this is legit, this is what the newsletter is about tonight guys. You literally got it. Yeah, my answer is absolutely not. And then you know why riches are read Tonight's newsletter.
Speaker 1: H The Richards aren't Aloha jents. I do a lot of wacky projects, Jeff, you act in film? If so, what I take you as Freddy Krueger painting you guys for fun and the geek Buddies Richards Please DM me the painting.
Speaker 2: Would love and Richard, I will act for you. You can put me in the Freddy Kruger makeup. I used to hide in my brother's closet for wait long wearing my Freddy Krueger mask, and once he would go to bed, I would pop out and scare the absolute shit out of him. It definitely traumatized him. He checks the closet even now as a man in his thirties. You can ad I was that good.
Speaker 1: So oh, you jerk off, You uttered jerk off cartoon forty nine thoughts on reports saying that Paramount will be forty nine point five percent owned by non US investors because of getting WB. Does this mean less female led films like Barbie'll.
Speaker 2: Be wearing a heat job in the next movie.
Speaker 1: Yikes, yikes, Listen, I think it's all dirty as fuck. Forty nine point five percent non for and they're claiming that none of them are on the bord, and then I gonna steer the direction of Paramount. It's bullshit. Of course, they're doing everything possible to push through their nefarious, corrupt shit, and that's what's going on here. So in my opinion, Jeff can project maybe feels differently, but I think it's very obvious.
Speaker 3: What they're doing.
Speaker 2: As long as gas prices keep falling, I'm happy with it. It's not falling, though, the exactly exactly it's terrible out there. I just paid a million dollars for a flight back to Boston.
Speaker 3: Oh it's no good.
Speaker 2: It's no good, all of these, California and Boston.
Speaker 3: It is Quincy. Ryan heard.
Speaker 1: There is also an Erica kirkfilm in extreme development in the vein of Gone Girl, with a hint of Child's play.
Speaker 2: Charlie's no she She keeps complaining that she can't get a date.
Speaker 1: Charlie s Throne does. Yeah, that's nonsense. Especially watching Apex.
Speaker 2: I'm like, he's a tough cookie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she don't play.
Speaker 2: She could be Erica Kirk, real easy.
Speaker 1: I don't know, uh, James d Zel officials is could Daniels? Could the Daniels movie go with a female lead? Everything every all at once wrote was written for Jackie chan Father and reworked for a yell mother Emma Stone. Maybe as the lead in the Jane Daniels film. She's wacky enough, Jeff.
Speaker 2: So here's the deal. Like I said last week, I think I thought that, you know, the trades had sort of had they found their man, right the Dan not so sure that's the case anymore. I think a lot of people are passing on this project, and that's because.
Speaker 1: It's not a lead oh okay.
Speaker 2: The leads are the five I think it's like five kids.
Speaker 1: For oh okay, or teenagers.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if it's like a teacher who's with them or whatever, but I'm pretty sure it's like more of a supporting role. And that may have been why Gosling is like happy to work with you guys down the line, but like this is a role here. What do you need me for? Like goodbye?
Speaker 1: That makes sense?
Speaker 3: That makes sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Uh, Drew, Sczzy hot Mike. You what will make more domestic? Spider Man or toy story five? I'm gonna say Spider Man, Jeff, That's tough.
Speaker 3: That's tough.
Speaker 2: I'll go Spider Man two? Why not?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right, Brian O'Neil says, have either of you seen the trailer for the Christopher's Starting Ian McClellan and MICHAELA. Cole It played before the drama and it looks hilarious. What do you think? I did. Yeah, who's this burgh? Right?
Speaker 2: Right? You know, I have to respect everything Stephen makes, but I wasn't in a rush to see this movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I gotta be honest with you, man, I don't know where he's at right now as a creative, Like, I just don't know.
Speaker 3: Where he's at.
Speaker 2: He made two of the best movies of the last year, so.
Speaker 1: Right, but no one saw them. So that's what I'm getting at, Like, you know, at some point, let's get off the let's get off the I just want.
Speaker 3: To make good movies. Train and let's move you over into the franchises.
Speaker 2: Into the franchises. It's no, we don't need doing franchises. I don't get to how many people see his movies. I saw his movies and they are both terrific. Yes, this movie, this will sound bad. I'm not a big michaelic Cole guy. Oh no, I know I'm a terrible racist. Yes, I'm not a I think.
Speaker 1: We're allowed to not like and like any actors we want.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, just anticipating the internet. He only says that about a black woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I mean, am I racist for not liking it?
Speaker 3: Hathaway, That's nonsense.
Speaker 2: No, you're just you just have bad.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying she's not a bad actress. I'm not saying she's a bad actress. Rather, I think she's good. She's good like we work.
Speaker 3: She was great that we work so and team.
Speaker 2: God damn it.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, says Jeff's quote. If you haven't seen it in my newsletter, then don't believe it needs to be a rolling banner.
Speaker 2: On the hotline. That's absolutely true. I mean, how many people are out there reporting on Aquafina's new movie Before the Truth?
Speaker 1: Sonic Fans thirty three says, speaking of jew Well, speaking of Jews and Britain, thoughts and prayers go out to thee to jewsh Oh. I'm sorry, Okay, this is a serious point. I apologize there, Sony fan, speaking of Jews and Briton, thoughts and prayers go out to the two Jewish people who are stabbed in Golders Green. Absolutely, anti Semitism just seems to be happening more and more these days. Anti everything seems to be happening more and more these days. So it's it's very sad and frustrating a world to be in, for sure. Right now.
Speaker 2: Indeed, Uh yeah, bad news out there stay safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, Doug Developer, I recommended I recommend DTF Saint Louis. It's a dark comedy with themes of mental health and depression on middle aged men. I feel it's definitely a Roca show. But I'm not middle aged. I'm only thirty five, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Where this great show though, honestly one of the best shows I've seen all year. Doug, thank you for sending that. IN completely agree with the recommendation. David Harmer on the show.
Speaker 1: I've seen some scenes with Lily carter LINI yeah, I can't wait to see the show. I'm benef we're gonna watch the show's waiting for the lydy outlaw to go out of town.
Speaker 2: I want to buy the missus that lingerie set, sure, whatever she's rocking.
Speaker 1: Robert Sanchez says the odysty should do well, but I have this weird feeling it'll do one hundred and fifty million dollars less than Oppenheimer, especially with Spider Man. Just two weeks later, opinions, Well, didn't it come out that it's gonna be shorter than Oppenheimer. It's only gonna be like two hours and twenty minutes. So that'll be more showings, so which could lead to more money. So what are your thoughts on that show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. I don't know. The cast is bigger, Yeah, the story possibly better known. I don't know that it'll do one hundred and fifty million dollars less. I actually think that the box office may even be healthier. Now, yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna say not one hundred and fifty million less could go under, but I don't know and fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cryptic HD quality is implying the Odyssey is only two hours and twenty minutes after a recent screening. Where the fuck is this being screened? To any who has connections to the Odyssey and the people screening the Odyssey? For the love of Christ, get me a ticket. I want to see this. If they're screening it, I would like to see it. There we let that out, massards the McCall, which movie is your most anticipated passenger? Is God is or back rooms new tradition? I watch Hot Mike Live with hot Cheeto fries and a gallon of water.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will actually give the unconventional answer here and I'll go away.
Speaker 1: That is okay?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: I don't know what either.
Speaker 1: I only know what backrooms is, so I can only answer backrooms. I haven't seen the trailer for a passenger or trailer.
Speaker 2: It's a very good trailer for passenger, but uh, okay, yeah, god is.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll say back rooms. That's just because I only know it.
Speaker 1: Jared says, will you be watching the Man on Fire series? Yes? And The Lord of the Flies four part mini series, both on Netflix. I've seen enough Lord of the Flies adaptations will last me a fucking lifetime, so I won't be seeing that.
Speaker 3: But Man on Fire, yes, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Lord of the Flies is on the list. It's low on the list, but rising higher. Since I'm burning through my pile, I would like to see it. I've always really enjoyed that series Man on Fire. I watched one episode. I didn't I wasn't in a rush to watch any more episodes.
Speaker 3: So okay, okay, yeah, all right, all right, we'll see Sorry.
Speaker 1: Richard's Arnt personal Faves, F thirteen, Elm Street, Halloween, Pumpkinhead, Wish, Master Child's Play, Leatherfest, leather Face rather or the creatures themselves not films?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Is this about? They're asking us to rank these, I think, or just give it. Give us our favorite.
Speaker 3: Who is F thirteen? I don't know what F thirteen?
Speaker 2: Friday the thirteenth, Oh, Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, my bad, my.
Speaker 2: Bad Street Halloween Child, you didn't pick up on those fucking context clues.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Boot, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would have to say, God, the original Halloween is probably the best movie X best movie is actually the original Child's Play. People will say, you know Texas Chainsaw or even Nightmare elm Street. It's actually Child's Play. The original Child's Play is an incredible movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, fair point, all right, Uh, let me see. Let's take a look. Let's see what else we got here. Blah blah blah, all right, showgun. Do you think I love Boosters will be good? I fucking hope so you don't think so?
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to see it. I'm gonna see it out of respect for Boots. But I hated Sorry to Bother You, and this movie lost rather obnoxious.
Speaker 3: See I like Sorry to Bother You, So maybe I'll like a Boosters. We'll see electric Pickens says.
Speaker 1: With five big studios bidding for Battlefield, they got to ask, where does this leave McCory doing King Conan? Which happens first? If you had to guess, I would imagine Conan, right, because in Battlefield is gonna take a long time to put together? Or do you think they fast tracked this one once the studio locks this down?
Speaker 2: Well, man, never really get me in who's making Who's in a rush to make this movie?
Speaker 1: Because he might die because he mighty So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna saying I want to say, neither of you.
Speaker 1: Oh, Battlefield, I think will happen before King Coda. I just think that makes more sense. There's more money there, Dui champions Jeff. Over the last few weeks, you've dismissed the Phantom as dead eyeps from our grandfather's era. Is Zoro, with its focus on social and economic inequality, belong in the dead IP category?
Speaker 2: No, because latinos only have so much IP franchises for themselves. I don't really see Zoro going away entirely. It's sort of, I don't know, like an enduring myth. Yeah. I mean John's probably better suited to answer it, But no, I think Zorro is far far more relevant than the Phantom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and social and economic inequality is relevant no matter what your political points of views are, because if you are on one side the fence, you think that those people in power have been doing that to you, and if you're on the other side of fence, you think those people when they get in powered doing it to you. So it is relevant, right. It's not a socialist or progressive point of view. It's more a matter of people in powered trying to push down the people who they serve. So there's a lot of universality to that. So Zoro plays or totally, especially if you find a really good Latino actor like they did with Benderris at the time to play it. I think people were excited about seeing that because that was a surprise hit and nobody thought that film was going to make the money it made, and it was really good sequel that Shadow seven ninety Man on fire thoughts and doesn't continue, Yeah, Yah's momentum after wonder Man. Well, Jeff is only seen one episode. I haven't seen any so we can I don't think we can speak on it, Jeff.
Speaker 2: You I'm going to say it does not continue, Okay, just in some of their basis similar views that I've seen out there. I don't think that this thing is oh really over like a new like Reacher or something.
Speaker 1: Damn us aren't good.
Speaker 2: Damn I think that they're mixed, all right, that's a shame.
Speaker 3: Oh two stars on Oh, I no, that's the wait a fucking minute.
Speaker 1: Man on Fire and on Rotten Tomatoes, the Denzel Washington movie is at thirty nine percent with the critics. You cried to be about Michael between the disparity of audiences and critics, and you're not bringing up Man on Fire. That is nonsense. Man on Fire is a fucking excellent movie. Thirty nine percent. What are these people on? Crack?
Speaker 2: It's good. It's a good movie, a fucking.
Speaker 1: Damn good movie. Who are these people? Rex read you bastard? Oh Michael O'Sullivan. Oh yeah, it's all these old fogies. Man, what would they know about a badass black man handling his business? W w grad The Commander has won three Super Bowls. Ranked these trilogies, the Star Wars Trilogy episodes four, two, sixth, The Godfather Trilogy, The Matrix Trilogy, Nolan's Batman Back to the Future.
Speaker 2: Oh this is easy for Godfather, No Star Wars.
Speaker 1: No, Nolan's Batman is first. Oh no, yeah, all three of those movies are damn good. I like that third one. I'll defend that third one. I might do a video essay in that third one. Uh yeah, I would do that one. Then Star Wars, then Godfather, then Matrix, then back to the Future.
Speaker 3: No, I guess back to the Future above Matrix, but that would be mine.
Speaker 2: I will go to Godfather, Star Wars, Nolan, Matrix, back to the Future.
Speaker 1: You do know he's in trilogy, right, you do know that third film? You have to factor in that third Godfather.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nolan Batman Batman Begins is not that great.
Speaker 3: You are an insane person.
Speaker 2: Night. I might rank like first or second on this list of movies, but like overall, you're telling me that trilogy is better than the Godfather trilogy.
Speaker 1: No word, yes, yes, that for third that god I actually watched thirty minutes of the third Godfather film last night with the Lady Outlook. She had no idea Sophia Coppola was in it, and we were watching it was on Pluto TV, were watching it. She's like, oh my god, does she even know that she's saying lines? And I'm like, yeah, exactly. Alan Smithy. Which animal would you rather be eaten by? Why? Shark? Lion? Collin Advance, that's not an animal, pack of rabbit, alley cats or Roseanne.
Speaker 2: I guess I'd rather beaten my Roseanne. That what a way to go. How many people have beaten eaten by sharks and lions?
Speaker 1: A lot?
Speaker 2: Don't you have been eating by Roseanne?
Speaker 1: It I don't taste good.
Speaker 3: Jeff, Oh my god, oh my uh? Probably a lion.
Speaker 1: Probably a lion, James Proctor, great CinemaCon coverage. Geek Buddies is a great show, Thank you are. Super Chat's going to be available on that show as well. But if we go live, James, we just shut up you. We rarely go live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whenever we go live, we do super chats.
Speaker 1: But we don't go live that often on Geek Buddies because those guys' schedules are all over the place. They're always working, so it's hard to lock them down just to do one working.
Speaker 2: I'm eating rum and that's the.
Speaker 1: Jared lt seventy eight says Matchbox the movie will be the biggest mistake from Apple TV. Thoughts.
Speaker 2: I won't argue with you on that. I don't think that movie is going to do very well.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean we still have ghosted from Apple TV plus right, So I mean that's a low bar.
Speaker 3: That's a low bar. Yeah, do you want champ? I love you both, Thank you?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Shout out to your star Trek Avatar as well. Like Obasin, do you guys think B and D is using AI in the film Brand New Day? Do you think Brandon's Spider Man film is using AI? Maybe? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think we're going to see it more and more in little ways in these big films.
Speaker 2: I think people have been using it for a long time.
Speaker 1: There you go, they're just not telling you. Ronnie be good thoughts on Alignment's Bitcoin film. It uses AI to create all locations and maybe a just performances. Could this become standard practice Hollywood? I don't think it becomes standard practice, Jeff. I think there are directors who might use it, but I think there's still a lot of directors who like the purity of making films.
Speaker 2: Let's see how these movies go, right, Like now, that project I think is still cost seventy million dollars, which is way more than it should cost. He's like you know it would cost one hundred and fifty million if if we didn't have AAI. It's like, why this makes no sense to me? So let's see how these projects do and let's see them have a return before we start anointing AI as the next big savior.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just because it's a tool doesn't mean the tool is going to be used well.
Speaker 1: And the tools are it's always cay See, it's the carpenter who is using the tools that show you if the tools are good or not. You know, Richard's aren't Jeff any t on classic horror films remakes?
Speaker 2: But apparently Corry Burker doesn't want to make the Texas chains On Massacre about a guy with a chainsaw?
Speaker 1: So is that truth? Did he say that this week?
Speaker 2: I think he wants it to be more about more than just a guy with a chainsaw. And it's like, is that what the audience wants? A guy with a chainsaw?
Speaker 3: Do they want symbolism in Texas Chainsaw massacre?
Speaker 2: Like everyone everyone has a big plan for Texas Chainsaw when it's kind of right there in the title, there's no massacre. Give us that and then we'll be happy.
Speaker 1: There is no social commentary to be made on Texas Chainsaw massacre and cut it out. Oh, cut it out, everybody. Oh my god, that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Bike. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Before it goes away, Thank you very mu much for the donation.
Speaker 3: Very kind.
Speaker 1: B K two three says, you guys are the best movie pot out there. Thank you. What is your favorite Tom Cruise performance and what are the chances of it being his first ever Oscar winner for Digger? I think I think there's a very good chance considering what we saw. But Jeff, what do you think here? What's your favorite?
Speaker 2: Here's a chance? Okay, even if the movie isn't great, he does look amazing. Yeah, but it all depends on the competition. So yeah, you know, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh. You know Timmy has paid his dues lately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, taking the hits Dune three.
Speaker 2: Looms large, like you know, if he goes to certain places for that, I think he'll be a mixed there's a bunch of people. I think it's gonna be deep year for Best Actor, But yes, absolutely has the possibility. My favorite Time Cruise performance was it was that the question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, what's your favorite Time Cruise performance performance?
Speaker 2: I mean I really do think that the performance in Jerry mcgwuah was actually quite special.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree with you, man.
Speaker 1: I've been thinking about revisiting that movie for a while now the last few weeks. Uh.
Speaker 3: I mean, Magdoldia I think is his greatest performance.
Speaker 1: But I kind of say that he was robbed for I don't think it was nominated for Top Gun Maverick, And I thought he was excellent in that movie. Those scenes with him and Jennifer Conley, those scenes with him and Val Kilmer, just fucking great acting going on in those scenes. And Tommy rarely does that in those kinds of films, and when he does do with him in those kinds of films, he takes them to the next level. And I think that's probably my most my favorite performance recently is that one.
Speaker 2: For sure. I'll tell you he was rocking the unibrow back in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh man, please look at the teeth, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Like color in my I'm just like, I couldn't take my eyes off of it. And then like I looked up some other movies around this time. I just googled Time Cruise unibrow and it was like legend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of movies where I'm like, whoa, why don't you watch taps and check out his teeth and taps? Yikes? So you know, my man, my man got shaken up by Hollywood and squared away, you know, uh like Disney and any word on Doomsday using it?
Speaker 3: Well, definitely we already commented on that.
Speaker 2: Probably yeah, probably again, I think all these movies are going to be using Ai to some extent to bring cots down. Maybe we won't know how necessarily, but as long as AI isn't the villain, like it wasn't the mission of Osbo movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Quincy Ryan says, Django versus Erica Kirk.
Speaker 2: Yikes, I think Eric there? Sorry Jango, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Depends on if she has her Minis with him or not.
Speaker 1: Gil Castello, what's up, guys? How would you rank these and Hathaway performances? Well, they're all five from three to one. William is a rob, Devil War's product and broke Back Mountain. Why you throw broke Back in there? She's kind of a smaller part.
Speaker 2: Well, none of her best work. I would say, yeah, I would agree with that. I guess i'd go proud of lame is broke back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree with that. I would agree with that. What's her what's her best performance? Would you say Rachel getting married? What's her best?
Speaker 2: She is great and Rachel getting married? I'd have to I don't have to listen in front of me, but she is.
Speaker 1: Uh. I'm on pre singing bamra I hope I'm saying that right, I'm on, I'm on big Fanny both.
Speaker 3: Bless you both for all you do.
Speaker 1: Thank you, same to you, bro Uh. Doug Developer says, oh, ray w Rusini hurts the Pats.
Speaker 2: You needed to because obviously such a good game manage to the super Bowl, no one was expected.
Speaker 1: Oh God, shameless, shameless Patriots standing ovation the fuck.
Speaker 2: So much, platonic friends, I've given playlists too over the last how dare you?
Speaker 1: Oh the season ticket holders giving him a stand and goes, oh, you've suffered so much, Mike.
Speaker 2: The idea that anyone in Boston gives half a shit about the scandal is they don't. Definitely do not.
Speaker 1: If you think Boston gives a shit, you've never met a Boston sports fan in your fucking life. They could give two shits. They want the trophies.
Speaker 3: Wayne Edwards is good evening.
Speaker 1: I liked Michael, but it felt lacking, agreed, more of a tribute than an in depth story. However, the MJ musical actually touches on Michael's darker side, a bit obsessive compulsion and a med's drug addiction. Yeah, Jeff, that's the other element of this that the second film would have to explore is his addiction to drugs, which they kind of into that in Michael when he was getting the when his hair set on fire and they said, I don't want to do any drugs, So they.
Speaker 3: Were kind of laying the groundwork.
Speaker 2: Do you think I mean, Mama say, Mama Sama, makhusa, that's obviously written by a man on drugs. Uh. I would like to see the biopic Delvin is in a darker chapter, but again again, I don't know that his family is looking to go there.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Wayne, Saint Michael. We're talking about exactly, and you're so right Wayne your analysis. I feel the same way, brother, Thank you so much. W Grant is the unspoken dollar savings with AI on a film's back end, Well, I don't even know, Jeff. I mean like they do they save more money on the back end by using AI.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily, because I don't know how many crew members are getting back end deals. I mean, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't I don't really think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Cartoon forty nine just saw Broke Back Mountain for the first time, true classic. It is.
Speaker 2: The end of that movie is devastating. I need to.
Speaker 1: Revisit that one. It's been a few years since I saw that one. I do want to see I do remember liking it. A lot of people think you should have won Best Picture that year, Jeff, See, it's not me. Sl says thoughts on anti woke YouTubers like Critical Drinker, saying with the success of the Michael movie that critics are out of touch sellouts with it getting bad reviews.
Speaker 3: That's my thoughts on that ship, Jeff, you want to say anything on that, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, critics are out of touch, but it's certainly Achel movie is not the movie to have that battle on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And and playing to the crowd. These YouTubers are playing to the crowd. Give me a fucking break with that nonsense. Carlton Banks says, Jeff, I'm curious when you first saw Split. Did you know it was a sequel to Unbreakable.
Speaker 2: When I first signed? Not until the end, right, Yeah, I don't think so, Not until the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I didn't think. I didn't know until the end either.
Speaker 1: It was a great reveal, though Jesus Christ was a great review. Princess, Hey hot Mike. I was an office assistant in junior high and heart someone get paddled by the principle. So rank these high school movies. Paris Bueler, Heaven Help Us, Oh my God, Fast Times, the Ridgemon High, the Breakfast Club, and some kind of Wonderful. I'm gonna guess that Jeff's ever seen heavan El.
Speaker 2: I haven't. I don't even know what that is. Yeah, yeah, yeah, go ahead, Okay, I'll look at it later, but I'm gonna go The Breakfast Club is number one short Harris Mueller, some kind of wonderful and what was the other one?
Speaker 3: Uh ship where is it?
Speaker 1: Uh? Fast Times, Ridgemont.
Speaker 2: High, Fast Times?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay, Uh, I will say the Breakfast Club, Yeah, Ferris Fast Times, some kind of wonderful in Heaven help Us, some kind of wonderful.
Speaker 3: It's always a forgotten Hughes film from the eighties.
Speaker 2: It's so good and I'm surprised you put Fast Times over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just because I have fond memories of Fast Times.
Speaker 2: You know, you are a little bit older. See, it means a little bit less to people like my age because we had Ferris and we had Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm not saying I had some fun to Jennifer Jason Lee's body when I was a kid, but maybe I did. Carlton Banks, Jeff, you remember the hype when you were first breaking the Damon lindelof Star Wars movie news. Do you have any early did you have any early inkling?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow, do you have any early inkling? Hunches on a new scoop that could reach that level of iype? Again, I imagine has to be thrilling when you were hunting a scoop. What is Carlton? Is he like? Is he swinging from your d Is he sleeping with you right now?
Speaker 3: What is going on with this guy?
Speaker 1: Sucking?
Speaker 2: You're you know what's going on with Carleton? But you're welcome to listen. There's enough room for for everyone.
Speaker 1: Uh, the the is there?
Speaker 2: The It depends how big your hands are. I suppose you know, typing up a scoop and your whole body's shaking, and you know, like you're gonna break the fucking Internet with this story once you get it out. I mean, it also depends on like how confident you are, and and if you just have something like totally cold, then yeah, it's uh, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's a great question. Do you get nervous? Like do you get nervous when you have a big scoop? Like, oh shit, I don't know how my life's gonna change. Am I gonna lose connections?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm paranoid for starters that like you know someone's gonna drop it a minute before me or something at that point actually like giving somebody a heads up or trusting somebody or like someone's like, okay, can you put it up in ten minutes? Like how do I know that in eight minutes? It's not going to appear on deadline? So it's yeah, it's just tricky. It depends where it comes from, what the information is all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree with that with for Jeff's Jeff's sake, all right, Rick's tops picks. Hey y'all, Happy Thursday. Thoughts on Butterfly Effect. Both endings are great, although I prefer the theatric enning more. I think a new version could be cool. I like that movie, Jeff Jersey. Butterfly Effect.
Speaker 2: The Ashton Kutcher was okay, but I don't think it needs a remake. I think it's left where it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right. I like Butterfly Effects him and Amy Smart. It was surprisingly good Ashton Kutcher film, and he didn't have that many good films Ashton Kuchers. Reggie Brown ranked these Michael Bay movies Bad Boys, Bad Boys Too, Transformers are getting the Rock. It's fucking so easy for me. I can't even tell you Armageddon, Bad Boys, the Rock. I fucking guess transfer no Transformers, the Rock, and then Bad Boys Too. That's my rank.
Speaker 2: I'll go with The Rock, Bad Boys, Armageddon. There's only two left, Bad Boys, two Transformers. Wow, just a wow. The Rock's definitely number one. Casey Grant, I don't know what John Smoking.
Speaker 3: People love that bullshit?
Speaker 1: That movie. That movie has issues? Richard's art.
Speaker 3: What's a great example of a horror remake? The Evil Dead film was a good remake?
Speaker 1: What do you think, Joe?
Speaker 3: What's a good example of a horror reak horror.
Speaker 2: I mean, I like David Gordon Green's Halloween. It wasn't cake, it was technically a legacy sequel, a remake. I mean, I take this chance. I had a good remake with Jessica Biel.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, Yes, yes, I would agree, the Fly the Berry. Sorry the David Curdiberg won considering the original was the nineteen fifties one.
Speaker 3: I think that's a great remake for sure. Did you like to let me in remake?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Kate Fear, that's a good remake. The thing is a great remake because the original is Oh yeah, don of the Dead.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 2: That Snyder is done of the Dead?
Speaker 3: Right, say it correctly? Say it correctly, Casey.
Speaker 2: Grants at points with the Snyder crab.
Speaker 1: Have you ever gotten into any ten episode crime podcast like Serial or Monster? Most of them are better than the actual detectives who worked on the cases.
Speaker 2: No, I don't do crime podcasts. I need to see the blood and the guts in the brain matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't. I don't do crime podcasts only out of jealousy, because I wish I could come up with an idea like that, Because I think i'd be great narrating one of those of my voice, but I don't listen to them that often. I watch a lot of crime documentary series. What I just watched. I watched the one about the dude who married six wives and killed four of them. It's on HBO Max.
Speaker 2: We just watched that one murderer.
Speaker 1: Yes, that one? Yes, you say so, I married an axe murderer. Is that what you said?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Great to all time? Yeah, well the size of that boys melon.
Speaker 1: His heads like spotneck. Do you know why most of those podcasts are better because they're not cops who have forty cases to fucking clear all the time, So they have all this time independent time to spend on one case. Let's do this. Let's turn these crime podcasters into actual detectives who have four or five other cases running concurrently, and let's see how much time they have to solve one case. Like, that's the thing that drives me nuts. People want to go listen. I'm not trying to defend the police or anything, but like, detectives have a lot of constraints on the things that they can and can't do, and they've got a lot of requirements in other cases, Pruss pressure from the top, So it's not the same as a prime crime podcaster with like all this extra time to go and look and hunt these things.
Speaker 2: Please, they don't have to do the paperwork exactly.
Speaker 1: That being said, Yo, going to Shop Murders is coming back with a follow up episode that I just got sent to screen or four today, So I'm gonna watch that and see what the follow up episode is.
Speaker 3: So I'd be curious to see what that is.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's they caught the personal men, mister boy Yankee, thank you, also said sup Jeff the Blob of nineteen eight. Oh yeah, Kevin Dylon Blob nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Jeff calling me the Blob, I was like, technically nineteen eighty four, bitch, that's a.
Speaker 3: Good one too, all right, anymore stream blob? Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: Lecobasin says about Brand New Day, the trailer got a lot of hate for resembling AI.
Speaker 3: I didn't see any of that.
Speaker 1: The film also didn't get a lot of post production time because it wrapped in December.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's.
Speaker 1: Possible because they're already using AI on the film.
Speaker 3: Have you heard about that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I think we addressed that.
Speaker 2: It's such a boring conversation. I didn't care when they used AI on the fucking skeletons in Late Night with the Devil or whatever the fuck is called, right the David DESTMALKI, Oh yeah, graphics, Who gives a shit it?
Speaker 1: Just like.
Speaker 2: I'm so over it?
Speaker 3: Okay, Uh fantastic, says hey Spiller's show. No sorry, uh oh no nothing. That was a different one.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So that's I think that's all the questions we had everybody. So we did hit fifty. Thank you so much, Jeff.
Speaker 1: I think we should oh wait, hold on shadows seven nine. Could street Fighter hit a billion?
Speaker 2: Fuck billion? What a billion dollars?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 2: It could not hit a billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Street Fighter would not hit a billion.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think they'd be happy if they crossed three to four hundred million, or maybe two hundred million.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Jeff, I don't have a lot of experiences.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Is that everything? Yes, that's everything. Let's wrap it up there, Jeff. I know it's a little early, but we should get going. Five hundred and fifteen of you joining me right, joining us right now. I do want to say one thing for Jeff plugs his stuff I've been doing some video essays on the channel to try new things, so I'd like to ask you guys to give this thing a shot. I did a ten it's Michael Jackson songs. Ever, it's a fifteen minute video I put up on the channel.
Speaker 2: Just me.
Speaker 1: You don't see my face, just me count down the top ten curtist Michael Jackson songs in honor of Michael being out. So I just want to plug that for my own channel. Jeff, please let people know where they can find you subscribe.
Speaker 2: Are you seeing the score of this Knicks game? No?
Speaker 1: Who's winning?
Speaker 2: Hot Haskell just said it because I was about to mention it. Oh my not. The score is one hundred and one to forty three.
Speaker 1: Wow, game over, series over, and it's the third quarter and this is in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Who I've never seen anything like that. I gotta tell you, Wonders.
Speaker 3: It's like a woman's basketball.
Speaker 2: Yes. Is Christy point lead? Dude?
Speaker 1: So guys at game six when I missed going third, it's the red wedding and Alta. Let's go Nix and sixers crazy, Jeff, Let people don't if they can find you subscribe to newsletter because I'm gonna take a piss hurry.
Speaker 2: Al right, all right, The in Snider on Twitter, on Instagram, on the TikTok on the top tick yesslider dot com for all your top gun three needs coming at you tonight, and the Incenter dot blogs dot com for my list of movies. John, thanks for having me, Thank you, Thanks for coming soon. Merch coming soon.
Speaker 1: I hope. So I did my part.
Speaker 3: Let's see what what homies got for us.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I said yes, I said yes. So all right, thank you all so much. As for me, follow me at the Rocus says on all social media. Subscribe to the channel, y'all. We're trying to get to that fifty thousand mark. We get always ten to twenty thousand. Please please subscribe. Hit that like button and leave your comments on everything we talked about down below. And if you want to send some love to us, if you're watching later, hit that thanks button you can send some financial love to us as well. All right, much love to y'all, take care of yourselves, have a great week, and we'll talk weekend, and we'll talk to you next time with another brand new episode. A year of the Hot Bike Peace