Speaker 1: All right, Ross puts something else on for about five okay, running get it during the break? Never mind, why do I do that in the morning, I'm just wandering around having Ross explain Pole stuff to me. No, you know what, I'm thinking about that too. There's so yesterday they aired the Trump rally on CNN, and if you remember, we've talked about this here on the show. Had we went to this big, long stretch where CNN would there'd be a Trump rally and then like Jim Acosta would be standing there and they'd be like duh. And then about forty five seconds in, Trump would say something they disagree with and be like, well, we can't air this propaganda, and then they dip out of that thing. And one of the things that people found a little weird was that the Butler Pa Trump Rally, they were airing that thing in its entirety. Well obviously they didn't air in its entirety because it didn't finish, and so, like you know, whenever you see that change, everyone is so paranoid, and maybe rightfully so in some instances where you're just like, what's up with that? Why why do you just why did you why did this happen to be the Trump rally you didn't cut out of because you know, they didn't shoot him forty five seconds into that thing. He'd been going for a little while. So I noticed yesterday CNN was there in Trump's Ashville rally because all the because I saw the people on not because I watched it, but because uh oh, I did dip in after I was reading this. You had the moonbats on Twitter that were beside themselves for the end, kind advertising all the rest of it. It was a really strange day. And then Ross and I were talking about poles, because that's what you do at six, you know, six o'clock in the morning to get the juices flowing. But you're right, Ross, now that I think about it, this happened in twenty twenty, and basically it's it's like pole release delay, And I don't unders, what do you think the motive is for them slow rolling pole releases, especially ones that show Harris up and ungodly some you think you'd want to get that out there right away.
Speaker 2: I think I know the reason for it, because we went like two weeks without them releasing poles. But recently, like when you see the polls that came out yesterday, these poles that are favorable to Harris and swing states and national polls like by these crazy margins. You realize that the polls they released yesterday were like two weeks old. A lot of these poles were like over two weeks old. Yeah, And the reason for that is they waited to release them because at the same time these these polls released that were favorable to Harris that were two weeks old, they released the Fox News poll came out, there was a ge pole that came out. There was a bunch of them that came out yesterday that showed Trump up nationally bound balance by one or two. So they're waiting on these, right, and then they drop them to average out the rear clear Politics average, so it gives Kamala makes it look like she has the lead nationally when they've been holding Those are old polls, you.
Speaker 1: Know, crazy.
Speaker 2: Then you look at them, you actually go into them and you look at the poles and see how they're balanced. Right, the ones where Trump is up plus one or whatever, they're basic normal leans that you would traditionally see. But the ones where Harris is crazy up. You have some polls yesterday I saw it was Den plus ten ten.
Speaker 1: These are in swing stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people Den plus twenty three. I saw one that was DEM a lean of Den plus thirty?
Speaker 1: Is that in Washington, DC?
Speaker 2: Get this? But now I'm not sure. Not only that, but so you have this poll where it's where it's DEM lean plus thirty and Harris is still only leading by two points. That is catastrophic. But they do it to average for the.
Speaker 1: Average, like the average you know what, that's a you know what that And honestly, that might be the least scummy thing that political campaigns do, you know what I mean. They're just they're just you know, they're kind of working the numbers there, and you know, normally that would be outrageous even a decade ago, you'd be like, well obviously, but people don't care. People want to hear what that final number is. So once they've accomplished what you're talking about by averaging it out, they go, you know, you're allowed to keep that momentum going.
Speaker 2: But the whole thing is fake. She's fake. Her policies are ridiculous, and it's more of this astroturfing to create an illusion that she has this momentum or like you know, there's this big following behind her. That's what it is. It's more propaganda for her campaign to make it look like, hey, look, everybody's behind her. This is the thing that's happening. They did it with Obama in eight but this is like in overdrive. I've never seen the media covering for a candidate like this before, and it's because typically with the candidate, if Biden was a candidate, they would have years of propaganda behind it. They have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time. So they are just blatantly obvious with their propaganda.
Speaker 1: Now, well, don't forget about sexy Daddy, about the coach. Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. They're calling him sexy Daddy on the women. It's it's turned into this porn thing, which is funny because the the impetus for that was this tweet, which was a fake tweet of somebody going, you know, being with jd Vance would be like, uh, you know, your first time and you're crying when you're done, and and uh uh sexy Daddy up in the North, he'd make your tour toes curl like. It was just some of the creepiest stuff, but it was fake it was somebody it was. I think it was the Jarvis dude who did it. And and then all of a sudden, you see these young women who were like, yes, sexy daddy, sexy Daddy to the north, and I just about threw up in my mouth scrolling through that. Go ahead and search it if you want to not eat breakfast though.
Speaker 2: Talking about fake he wasn't even a coach. He was the assistant coach and was fired after his first year. For the day he pretended to be deaf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you can't coach if you're deaf, can't hear the whistle.
Speaker 2: They're acting like he's Luther from from coach, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Man, everybody you know Minnesota State went to Minnesota State University, which is not a thing, although there is a Minnesota State man Cato, but that's a different thing. Yeah. No, And Luther was an idiot. Hayden Fox was the man. He thinks he's telling people he's Hayden Fox, not Luther. Luther was Barney Fife.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't even think he's Luther. He's the other one with Dobber. Oh yeah, God bless him. You know, he's the voice of Patrick on SpongeBob.
Speaker 1: What a career that dude have, Like, can you play a big towering idiot on Coach? Okay, that's done? Can you play a big towering idiot on Oh? Stephen King's the stand right, And it's just he definitely got type cast. But he probably made bank. I have to think he played Lenny at one point, so good for him. You know, the thing he missed out on was Loell in wings. He probably could have done that pretty well. So yeah, anyway, and and and then like they have to pretend too that they're doing they're doing some sort of work. Speaking of Jim Acosta, here's Jim Acosta talking to one of Kamala's spokespeople yesterday. And I'll let you know what the new thing is because I saw Jim McFall McPhail. I call him the former ambassador to Russia and just just one of these these swamp creatures, and he was popping the new narrative, which I'll explain to you here in a moment on on Kamala doing pressers. But here's her spokesman talking to Jim Acosta yesterday.
Speaker 3: Would it kill you guys to have a press conference? Why isn't she had a press conference.
Speaker 1: Oh and by the way, for those people under there who are clearly not fans of CNN, going, well, you know, at least he's doing the right thing. Just divorce yourself of the idea that Jim Acosta is doing this for the reasons that you want her up there, and yours may be selfish, but ultimately they are the right reasons. Meaning we need to hear what this woman has to say, and it has to be in an environment where it's you know, it's a conversation and there's questions being asked and not pre prepared stuff that she can practice in a hotel room, right So, and because you think it will be her undoing if you're against her, that's it's still the same thing. Jim Acosta is doing this for two reasons. One because it's not a heavy enough push to actually do anything and upset the Apple card. But it makes him look like he's a journalist because these cats egos are still bruised from being thrown under the bus over the h You know, Joe Biden can't form sentences. Thing right where it became so apparent that the people surrounding Biden were happy to blame the media for it, and that still cheeses a costa off. So it's ego. So it's ego and kind of ego, but it's not for the reasons like the American public should probably know who they want to get into the And I'll tell you about a conversation I had where I absolutely stumped somebody. Yes, I was very proud of myself, but it wasn't hard. But let's listen to the audio. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Would it kill you, guys to have a press conference? Why hasn't she had a press conference?
Speaker 4: Listen to the vice president government, don't laugh. Have been busy criss crossing this country since the launch of this campaign and adding a governor Walls to the ticket. You saw the ways in which they went to across the battleground states last week, generating rallies of one thousands, ten thousand here, fifteen thousand there.
Speaker 3: But but Michael, you know, a campaign rally is not a press Do you mind if I cut in? I mean, you know, a campaign rally is not our press conference. Why hasn't she had a press conference? She's the vice president, she can handle the questions.
Speaker 5: Why not do it?
Speaker 4: We absolutely are going to do it. You hear her take questions as she's out on the stump, and she's as she said last week, we're going to be having a sit down interview here before the end of the month of what she is going to be focused on and what this campaign is going to be focused on, is communicating directly with the voters that are actually going to decide the pathway to two hundred and seventy electoral votes.
Speaker 1: That's why she.
Speaker 3: Commit to a press conference plus week treat this past week.
Speaker 4: That's why we're doing a bus tour in Pennsylvania as we head into Chicago, and it's why we'll sit down for an interview before the end of the month to make sure that we can have a deep dot conversation about the vision the Kamala Harris has for where she wants to take this country in the contrast that we're going to have with Donald Trump. We're gonna have plenty of opportunities to do.
Speaker 2: That throughout the mic.
Speaker 1: The one interview by the end of the month, this month and the rest of the campaign, don't I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to, you know, belabor this, but one interview before the end of the month.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's not a lot.
Speaker 3: I mean, can you commit to a press conference before the end of the month.
Speaker 4: We will commit to directly engage with the voters. They are actually going to decide this election, and that is going to be a complete with rallies, but sit down interviews with press conferences, okay.
Speaker 1: And I by sit down interviews, I'm sure they mean local you know, schmucks like me or they feel like they can maybe control it, but not schmucks like me. They're not going to go on a critical conversation. They're gonna go on I don't know the I was gonna say, they're going to go on that chick show or that dude show on the public radio up in Chicago, but probably not because he's fired. And then the Philadelphia Oh no, she's fired too. But they're gonna find useful idiots like that and they're laughing about it. And so here's the conversation I got into yesterday. This is somebody who's blue, no matter who. Okay, But but while they are mentally impaired in my opinion, and I tell them that because they're in their own little bubble, they would still have conversations. And then when we're done, we cannot want to punch each other in the face. But it's frustrating sometimes, so I said Jimmy fitz Michael McPhail, the former Russian ambassador, So this is what he tweets out yesterday. And then it's funny because you know, these guys, I guess don't realize you can go ahead and like search their other tweets. The paramount objective for Kamala Harris to win the election. If a press conference helps her win, she should do it. If not, she shouldn't. She has no moral obligation to talk to the press. Tone it down. And then I saw that being echoed by a lot of people. So I'm talking. I'm talking to who I'm talking to yesterday, Oh excuse me, and they're already on this bandwagon because I'm like, don't you think it's funny. She's not out there and she's kind of doing the Biden strategy and he's just like, yeah, yeah, But she doesn't have an obligation to do it. She has a very short period of time, so she has to spend most of her time getting out and meeting the people. And I'm like, yeah, but like, can't the people get to know her from the without having to pack up and go to a rally, by the way, can't people who are unable to do that because they're busy or they don't have the financial means even though most of them are free, still financial cost if it's not near you. But if they don't have that, but they have access to TV or the internet, like, that's a great way. Well, you know, it's a weird timeline. I'm like, yeah, but it's a weird timeline because the party created then, so they should they be rewarded for that. And I said, did you why do you hate Trump? Anyway, he goes, you know, the guy comes out and he says racist stuff, man, And I'm like, really, where did he do that? Where? Where did he do Where did he say racist stuff that made you hate? I didn't even get into the tell me what he said is racist? Where did he say racist stuff?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: When he went up the escalator, I'm like, do yead, do you know what that was? Ross? Do you know what that was? The escalator that day when he's with the escalator.
Speaker 2: And he's talking about that, he was when he's talking about criminals and murderers and people coming over record.
Speaker 1: Well, what was the event where it happened.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it his campaign announcement, like, hey, I'm going to be running? Or was it too?
Speaker 1: Who was there at the camp the press? Oh it's weird, huh. Some would say that's a press conference, right, I?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, it was? Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, or where he did the fake news and then he insulted the black reporter from NPR in the Yellow Room of the White House. Do you remember what that event was? Remember what the what what they called that event where all the the press were there at another press conference? Was a press conference? Okay, so literally everything this dude hated about Trump, Oh, and the the fine people. Do you know what that event was? The fine people event? Yeah? I got it as a press conference. I was a press Yeah, I'm good at this game. And so I did this all the third one. He's like, yeah, but it's different, and I'm like, I said, what about the Biden thing too? And because he kind of rolled his eyes, and I said that there's the reason there's a compacted timeline is because of you. It's because of you, or you at least your party, man, And I said, you know the Biden thing. Do you think that they were absolutely why do you think that Why do you think that that was because he wasn't doing press conferences in a traditional manner. He might stand there and awkwardly answer a question. He did yesterday. It didn't go well. But so you think that that was being hidden from you. You think you're in this position where you have to scramble and you think you have it to figure it out because of press conferences or a lack thereof. So why on God's green earth, after you've been lied to once and you think they're a good tool for extracting information so that you can hate on a candidate, if that's what you choose to do, why wouldn't you want a press conference for the person that you're probably going to go vot vote for and let run this country. And the response was because she couldn't be any worse than Trump. And then that was it, and we didn't screaming each other or anything. But he knew he'd been had and there's no logical reason. So right back to emotion. We'll be back. Do you feel bad for me at least completely?
Speaker 2: It's awful. It's like the worst possible news. I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Minnesota, Viking's number ten overall pick, quarterback JJ McCarthy, Michigan. He's out for the season. So Kirk Cousins, we sent him to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Send them, let them go now. So they sent Kirk Cousins to Atlanta. But then they drafted a young quarterback, star quarterback.
Speaker 1: Whatever. Yeah, the guy sounds like the sports car.
Speaker 2: Is there a possibility he could go back to Minnesota.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's not gonna it's not gonna happen. Not right now. We are so screwed. What do you think of the twenty twenty five season? How are you feeling about that?
Speaker 2: Sort of amazing things about the twenty twenty five season. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: We drafted this dude, We drafted this dude knowing that he had some stuff he'd probably have to get worked out that were called fixed issues. And then basically what happened is they let him play. He played okay in the preseason against charge Chargers. Chargers, No he played Chargers or Rams. It is my brain not working. Oh no, the Raiders, I'm sorry, Raiders anyway, played against the Raiders. He was like, he was like eleven for seventeen through two touchdowns. He did throw a pick and it wasn't a pretty one definite young quarterback stuff. But I'm like, okay, I like this. I would have felt what much I would have loved it if we had kept Kirk Cousins and drafted him right, And then you have that mentorship that has served the Packers really well, and so you've seen your division opponent do it, and so you get him in there and the problem is he had that he was going to get a little fix it procedure with a meniscus. Right, So we're talking, you know, joints and you know stuff that I hear joints in the ability to move joints is helpful in football ross. Have you read that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially to be able to move him very quickly. And then they got in there and like, oh, this thing's all busted up. So now we have to do fix it. And when you do that, you're not doing anything for like a year. So we rolled the number ten pick on a dude where we knew there might be some miles or some some issues, like we bought a new used car with factory factory recalls on it, yep. And then it turned out to be worst case scenario. So we don't have him. Do you know? Who are our quarterback? Some of you listening will, especially if you're a Panthers fan. Sam Darnold, I've heard good things have you from his family?
Speaker 2: Maybe not, but I'm trying to stay positive for you.
Speaker 1: And then our backup is Nick Mullins. Nick Mullins, he's not a rookie.
Speaker 2: You do have Justin Jefferson, So whoever it is, they can just throw the ball up and he's out there somewhere he'll help catch it.
Speaker 1: Well, I you know, look, we have him. We got Aaron Jones, Justin Jefferson, Jordan Addison. Jordan Addison, who by the way, has his own injury issues and Justin Jefferson are great pair of receivers. Our tight end is good Hawkinson. So you have these players, especially which with Hawkinson who just got there, you know, a year ago, and then with Addison, who was a rookie last year who was much better than I thought he was going to be and I was happy to be wrong. And you created a situation where don't have a flipping quarterback, so it doesn't matter what you spend on You're right. Justin Jefferson will make some amazing catches, but you still have to get him in his vicinity. And you know, the ability to throw an uncatchable ball for anyone but your receiver because your receiver has hops or whatever they say is that's a skill man. It requires a skilled quarterback to create a situation where a Justin Jefferson or a Stefan Diggs or whoever can make that big catch. You know, it always gets put on the receiver, but a lot of times it's very intentional why they threw there. They used to do this with Randy Moss all the time. They would throw a ball that looks like you're misthrowing the ball. Culpeper would throw a ball that looks like you know, when they're in a they do this in the end zone, you know, when they're in the end zone, and then they just wing one over the head of everybody. Culpeper would throw one of those, but he'd throw it just a little lower and right over Randy Moss in the corner of the end zone, and Randy Moss would elevate his knees to the face mass of his opponents and catch it and catch it. And you have to remember this was, you know, before they changed the rule on a receiver ending up out of bounds from assistance, and and and so it took Culpeper to make that good throw, and it took Randy Moss to make that good catch. So pardon me if I'm not as positive. And who knows, maybe Sam Darnold comes in. It's just like, hey, I figured it all out, guys, and we still have Jaron Hall, which that turned out to just be a doomed experiment.
Speaker 2: He saw a sign during the Bills game this past week in the crowd that was so perfect. Yeah, it's just a dude holding a sign with some you know, magic marker. He wrote on it that said just don't get hurt.
Speaker 1: Oh, and Hawkinson's hurt. By the way, I forgot to mention that to our tight end, so just don't get hurt. It was perfect, dude. We have such low expectations. And this is, by the way, Vikings rookie quarterbacks cursed, man, cursed, absolutely cursed. We took that dude from Louisville who ended up playing Saints and everybody else Teddy Bridgewater and Teddy Bridgewater Louisville looked amazing. In fact, I remember watching when he that game where he destroyed, destroyed State and State had a decent team, and I'm just like, this is and I remember here's why I remember that. So me and doctor Campbell, doctor Kevin Campbell for those of you who know, we step him on the radio all the time. So he got too big for us. Him and I are literally on a golf vacation with some folks, but him and I are in we're in this bar and he's a huge State fan. And so we are in a bar near Teeth of the Dog, which is this big golf resort, and the Dominica is down in the southern part of the Dominican It's a really hard golf place, really beautiful though, a big, all inclusive place all that. And so we go to like the beach bar there, and we're like by the little casino thing they have, and we're like hey. And so he spends fifteen minutes convincing the staff there to figure out how to turn this game on, and they get the game on, and State is getting destroyed so bad by Louisville that people and the Dominicans who know nothing about this game, right, they're not really into it, as they had explained. They they're laughing about they're off to the side kind of chuckling about how bad Campbell's team is getting beat and I've just like and he's He's just like, whatever, let's go not do this. So but yeah, I'm like it was. I don't want to be I don't want to be the guy getting laughed at on a vacation the Dominican Republic because the Minnesota Vikings can't throw a ball, which I know is an extreme example, but I also don't want to be that dude. And I feel like I'm going to be that dude. So man should be an amazing year.
Speaker 2: There's also a lot of drama on the Bill side, though at a lot of Twitter drama, really a lot of drama on the X machine.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is like one of the players sleeping with another player's wife is fighting with the coach.
Speaker 2: It has nothing to do with the playing the Bears getting blown out because Josh Allen played half a quarter and the Sega string defenses and had nothing to do about the game. A big drama in in Bill's town here is which zin flavor does Josh Allen prefer?
Speaker 1: Which one?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I saw it all over my timeline I'm like, I'm not clicking that, I don't care. But it's a big news though.
Speaker 1: Play Jim's the little nicotine packets that are kind of like the cocon against.
Speaker 2: It all, Like the young kids, Yeah, they're all into the zen.
Speaker 1: Well that's because those kids can't handle my cocon again. And it was a big deal, Like you've been seeing this in the campaign. I saw some younger people posting about this because apparently, uh Walls in Minnesota taxed it, Like yes, you're sixty percent or something stupid. Yeah, well he attacked. What he did is he essentially extended the tobacco tax to it, because they have a substantial tobacco tax, like any you know, any uh any state where they need some money, and they're like, we'll just tax this the thing, uh, the the people who can least afford it, because we know what's best for them, because that's that's what you're taxing, which is why it's so rich. When they when people talk about having a flat tax, I'm like, no, you can't do that to people who can't afford it. Yeah, but you only believe that I'm preferred products. So I've never tried this in I think or maybe I have. Maybe I you know what I think I did. I think I was his sheets in Hype, the one on high Points south of the airport. There is your headed south on the left side there, and I go in there and there's literally a dude like one of the reps from one of the tobacco companies, and they're handing out free samples, and he noticed I bought a can of Copenhagen and he's like, here, go ahead and try this Chuli's gum. Right, So that's sorry, Just just remember that seed. If you don't know the Cheuli's gum reference, I feel bad for you. You should. You should search it out thirty six or thirty seven times. So do that. We'll be right back.
Speaker 6: Hang on.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's see, that's all I can do. I could just kind of call up fun memories that make me forget about the fact that we are so frigging screwed again and we did this to ourselves. But I'm not gonna bore you the whole show with it, just most of it. Wait, hold on. Normally I don't get into this because it's just I'm not here to promote tobacco on the show. But I like the occasional cigar, and I like the occasional Copenhagen. What are you gonna do about it? And now I got all you little skull wosses. They're like, oh man, here's a Kodiak guy. You know what, if you can't handle it, just say you can't handle it. That's fine. We won't think anything less of I will, but you know, probably the audience won't. If you need to have things that are flavored like cherry and peach and mint so that you could feel it more of a man, that's fine. I'm not here to judge ross. You don't even chew tobacco. But if you had one that tasted like tobacco that a guy chewed, and and work and manliness and a cowboy, you know, just like the entire encompassment of the West and the settling of the West and manifest destiny. If you had one that was that flavor and you had another that was cherry, which one would you think a man would?
Speaker 2: I'm choosing a tumbleweed, yes, ammunition and testosterone flavor.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, not you know, a snow cone so or mint?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Mince nice? Is it more nice than you know? A thousand miles of cattle drive, flanked only by the brightest stars you've ever seen in your life. Because there's no light litter out then out in Lioming. You'll never see you will never see the stars as bright as you can see it atop a mountain in Wyoming. To college is specifically Wyoming, especially the very part where nobody lives, because there's no towns, there's nothing. It's just you and the stars, and it's the brightest thing you've ever seen. While you chew your tobacco. All right, hang on, we'll be right back. Well, oh, I'm oh hello, did I just screw something up? Oh? There we go? No, I'm sorry, all right. I thought my little thing had clipped there, all right, you hear me? Just fine there, So all right Rawson, Oh okay, all right, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, So we're not going to break. We're holding on. I thought literally my thing had clipped off because my next gen just crashed again. So you know why, because the next gen is not able to handle the Western United States and of course the settling of the West, and neither are some of our listeners. And I'm okay with that, all right? Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four you have literally every computer program and screen just shut down on me, and I do not know why.
Speaker 2: See, I'm confused as to what you just said, because I heard the stars shine bright, right, the stars at night shine big and bright deep in the heart of Texas. That's what I heard. Well in the documentary Pewe's Big Adventure. Well, here's what I'll say. They're definitely part of Texas where you're going to get it.
Speaker 1: But as anyone who's ever been in in the very humid, humid, humid months of North Carolina summer and has driven literally up the mountain, right, So you drive up the mountain and you're able to look off you know, the Blue Rich Parkway or you know past Elkin there or whatever, and you look down. You do not you see, you're having to look through the air. And so if there's any disturbance in the air, such as humidity, you can you can tell how many of you, and I'm sure a lot of you have been elevated here in North Carolina looked off off the slope down into the bottom part and you could just see the humidity, and you did that thing with your face that we all do, and you're just like eugh, so glad I'm not down in that, and I'm up here where it's fifteen degrees cooler. So the more air you have to go through, the less clear your picture's going to be. And so as a result, when you get higher up than Texas can provide, you're still going to have a better look at it, plus a lot less humidity. So yes, Texas will get you part of the way there, but you really need a very low humidity and a very high elevation. All right, wait, hold on, if you want to chew pumpkin spice chewing tobacco, sir, you go right ahead, But I just I want you to know where you're gonna end up on the thing on the rankings that were doing here. All right, I'm just sorry. I was waiting to get my literally my next end booted back cup sor you play audio can read email though, all right, dude, that's like what that's twice this week or three? It made me log in like five times the other day. You ross had to beat his computer into submission, and now his phone's not working. Are we having an EMP attack but they're just really bad at it? Or is it because something's going on dude, I don't know if it's with our network or what. All right, you know what it does, and it throws me off. I feel like Joe Biden wandering around at the end of a prepared remarks event yesterday, when he finally stops enough for a question. His staff looks horrified. The question is asked, is asked, and Biden, well, it's all about inflation. And here's Biden's response.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, I told him.
Speaker 1: He said, did we beat inflation? Did we beat in flake? Cause remember he said they beat inflation? They beat what else? Did he eat? Healthcare? You beat every beat everything?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, I told you're gonna have a soft landing.
Speaker 1: We're going to have a soft landing.
Speaker 3: My policies are work and start writing that way, okay?
Speaker 1: Is that right now? Way We're gonna have a soft landing. That's what. No, you didn't. No, you didn't. And in fact, when you went back to the Inflation Reduction Act, you promised they've promised quick relief and then they promised much more relief within six months. Because I can go back and look at this stuff, promised it within six months. None of that has none of that has happened. They can put out all the fudge numbers they want all right where they're including. Look at these price cuts at Walmart. They have all these anywhere. There's a smiley face. Look, prices are going down. Garbage that I see people posting on social media some sort of like anecdotal thing because you got two for one snuggies at Walmart? Did even sell snuggies at Walmart? I don't know, they probably do. The Vikings should should sign ray Gun for our new quarterback because she has moves.
Speaker 2: You've seen the moves man the Pride of Australia, dude.
Speaker 1: Really because I saw some I saw some was that Sky News or whatever Australia. I saw some of the the panels. I saw a little panel discussion, and you would be shocked to learn that there are many within the breakdancing community in Australia who do not feel that way.
Speaker 2: Did you see the video of the person she lost to for like the qualify to go to the Olympics, the second place finisher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the younger pretty yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: The person spinning around their head and like looking like they're a member of Mortal Kombat, just all over the Yeah, it was amazing, Like.
Speaker 1: I was talking. That's what I was talking about. Yeah, yeah, yeah, because this line that we had that we had that audio from the uh the head of the Australian Olympics. You don't got to find it. I have it right here of the Australian Olympics. Is like, we had no choice. She is the best australiallion breakdancer woman that we have. And I remember thinking, and we said it on the radio. I'm like, there's no way that that is possible. There's zero, there's zero chances that that is the best Australian breakdancer woman, breakdancer that you have, that you have access to. Now, Australia doesn't have a huge population. I want to say, in fact, there's less people in Australia than there is in California. I think it's like it's close though, it's like twenty eight to thirty million to like thirty three million or something. But I refuse to believe that this is true.
Speaker 7: I love Rachel and I think that what has occurred on social media with trolls and keyboard warriors and taking those comments and giving them airtime has been really disappointing. She is the best breakdancer female that we have for Australia.
Speaker 1: Except for the one that Ross just talked about. And there's videos readily available of somebody doing what looks like breakdancing moves. So you think that her skill set, rather than break dancing, would be better channeled through leading an NFL team on a drive downfield.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, take her out of green, put her in purple. It's Farv all over again. Let's go.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing too. She the last time we saw her, she's wearing Packers colors. So we'd have to do the parade and fly. You know, I told you that they intentionally flew Farv into the far airport, and not because if they because they wanted the pageantry. That's how I just do you understand how how in your face that whole Brett Farvre move was. They flew him into an executive airport in Saint Paul. Now I know what you're saying. You're like, well, yeah, he was flying private jet. You're absolutely correct, and he could have landed at Minneapolis Saint Paul. But Minneapolis Saint Paul Airport is basically across the street from the Viking's headquarters. So and and they could have flown him into an airport called Flying Cloud, which is the other executive airport, which is like five minutes, but they didn't. They flew them into the one on the other side of Saint Paul and it turned into the white Bronco thing. So it was because it takes like forty five minutes to gift from the Saint Paul Executive Airport to that time of day where they were, so they had Brett Farres coming in, they had camera crews waiting for the plane. They had camera crews literally posted along the way, people in their cars because we were wall to wall live radio at that time, and people in their cars would pull over on the side of the highway to stand out, honk and wave, and it was just the squad of vehicles making their way over to what's called Winter Park, which is what the Vikings headquarters it is called. And it was so in your face, screw you. I don't want to have to do all that again with this idiot. But if you think that on a goal line, sneak her doing the kangaroo, we'll get us six, then I don't know, convince me. Probably would tear herminiscus though, So what are you gonna do. All right, let's get to let's get to some not personal stuff. By the way, you some of you Kodak guys are just absolutely broken. It's okay, okay. This is why I've never started this fight on the air. Didn't want to do it. Speaking of flights, all right, hold on, speaking of flights, what a what a clickbaity headline? Here the last Airlines flight makes sudden diversion after Pylot says he's not certified to land. So I don't know if you know this. If you want to land in Wyoming at Jackson, at the JA Airport in Jackson, there is a set there is a specific certification you have to have. Because my entire time growing up on the news constantly was a jet went off the end of the runway in Jackson. It is you have very little air pressure up there. You have a very short final as they say in aviation, but basically your ability to make that final approach there is very short, and the runway was short, and it's because you're in the middle of the mountains. You're in the valley, in the middle of the mountains, surrounded by mountains almost on all sides. It's incredibly hard landing. So the stories run around the Alaska Airlines had a whole plane full of people, but the pilot literally didn't know how to land there, And that's not true. It's not I saw this. Ever, It's not true he was unable to land because some idiot doing paperwork somewhere. The guy who's totally certified to land has landed there a ton of times. Somebody screwed some paperwork up, and I'm just this is more of a thing with the airlines, like, I don't understand how your systems continue to be this screwed up. Sorry, I was just doing some airfare change on some bookings I had and just so frustrating. Man. So they literally made this plane of people fly all the way to Salt Lake City just so they could and then quote changed the crew out. Basically, somebody didn't enter this dude's certifications which had previously been entered. I don't know how it works behind the scenes, but they basically said, yeah, we don't see your name on the list, you can't come in the club. And he's like, you all know me, you know me, and they're like, I'm sorry, rules or rules that if I don't see it in whatever this system or whatever this document is, you can't do it. So they made him fly to made him fly to Utah where he could land I guess, and swap out the planes. And then everyone ran this whole article saying that he wasn't qualified to land, and it makes the pilot look like an idiot, like he knows where he's flying and he knows whether he's allowed to land there. Well, you disrespecting him because somebody in your busy, you know, in your paper room, there is who handles behind the scenes stuff, which is fine, and I'm you know, you gotta be there. You're dealing with government stuff. You got to deal with the FAA. I understand it. But just that the amount of times that they just don't seem to have their crap together. You see all the people that were stuck in the Bahamas coming from Puerto Rico the other day. Ross, would you go to Puerto Rico? Puerto Rico?
Speaker 2: I would not.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: I'm not leaving. It's but you're not leaving now flying over to Oshane, I ain't leaving. I'm not leaving the continental United States.
Speaker 1: Have you ever flown to Florida? I'm not leaving from the way.
Speaker 2: You're not doing it, not going there, and that also should not be a state.
Speaker 1: It's not a state.
Speaker 2: I know it shouldn't be, so you.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't, okay, are you just saying status quo there? You no, I agree with you one thousand percent, but you know so. But it's important to recognize this. You don't need a passport to fly to Puerto Rico. It's the US territory of protect I guess technically you can go there without, just as Puerto Ricans come here to US, right, that's the whole thing. So there are people who when they go to the Bahamas because they don't have passport, or when they want to go to the Caribbean because they don't have a passport. You can go to the Virgin Islands US Virgin Islands, or you can go to Puerto Rico. And the Puerto Rico is generally going to be a cheaper trip. And old Old San Juan is amazing. I would highly recommend at some point you get there. I had very very, very interesting, but once you get out of there then it just gets weird. But Old San Juan's great, and so these people, these folks fly down there and I think they were out of Tampa, or Lando. I can't remember where where they were flying back to. And they they take off from the Bahamas and they are there was some issue where they're just circling, circling, circling. Now I understand that we've had some weather, but this was kind of adjacent to it. It wasn't even that, and so they can't land. They have some issues, so they end up having to land in the Bahamas. They didn't go back to Puerto Rico, which Puerto Rico and the Bahamas are really close from an air travel standpoint. They end up landing in the Bahamas. But because most of them don't have passports, because they weren't technically leaving the US, they locked them in a room there with no food, no nobody, and we're just abandoned by the airline. And it was American too, which is generally who I fly, but it could have been any of them. It was all pull this crap they like, well, they kept telling them, we'll get you another plane. I saw these people that were doing damn near firefest videos. Now, granted they weren't getting chased by wild dogs outside of their hurricane shelter. Tents, but with their mattresses the people had urinated on, because that's a whole thing all on its own. But they basically just locked them in there. Bahamas wouldn't do any They wouldn't even get them food, and they couldn't leave the terminal obviously because they didn't One they didn't have passports, but two even the ones who did couldn't because they didn't come in on a your proof flight plan. So try to put it off on this pilot who obviously didn't do a damn thing wrong. I don't know, just irritated me seeing those headlines all right, coming up? You guys like parades because uh, they like parades in Afghanistan, and believe it or not, they're still holding Michael Brown protests. I'm baffled by this, Like haven't so?
Speaker 2: Then you said the story in prep yesterday, let's see, and I'm you know, I'm doing the doing the prep, putting the packet together, and coming across the story, I'm like, is this old? I'm checking the tables and I'm like this maybe this is, like, you know, in relation to some other story, but it has to be old, right.
Speaker 6: Nope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of times I'll put stories in that are really old, but it's because it's a callback to a news story and I want to have the access in there or access to it, and so Ross has to Ross has to be like the dude who's trying to figure out the Rosetta stone, right, He's like, why is this in here? But no, that's brand spanking new, and uh it's it's not a good look. We'll get to that coming up here on the CaCO Day radio program. All right, So, uh so everyone was playing with the groc yesterday and rendering picture? Did you render? Did you post some photos? I can't remember.
Speaker 2: I tried to, and it was like, there's just epic fails every single time.
Speaker 1: Okay, I saw one where somebody's like I reposted one because I'm just I was getting creeped out by it. And it was like, uh, give me a picture of monkey pocks, which, by the way, here comes the monkey pocks right right in time for the election. So weird, so weird. So anyway, yeah, and that stuff was just creepy. So what what's people? I saw the beef that people had or people mostly who hate Twitter and are like, oh you can you can make pictures like there was a picture somebody made of Donald Trump and Kamala Harris in a helicopter watching the twin towers burn and they're both smiling. There's another one that I saw where they recreated the Crucifixion of Christ, where it's Leonardo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Splinter is the Roman Soldier. So you could get as blasphemous or crazy or just weird as you wanted, and then it wouldn't watermark stuff because as they want, they want everything that you would render watermarked, which would be completely useless if you're using AI to generate actual pictures for like projects and work stuff and not just for fun. So screw you, Pound sand So I saw that objection because they they didn't they couldn't control it, and it was going to be used for fake news, which by the way, the Hairs campaign using fake news. I'll explain that to you. So it's it's very very hypocritical. But now I'm hearing that it would wouldn't render gay couples. Is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I saw they said the gym this morning, So people were trying because he said it'll render anything, or at least attempt to like there doesn't seem to be any limits on it right as a post. Remember what was it the Google AI where like whenever you tried to it wouldn't produce any white people. Remember that, like the Founding Fathers was that Google AI?
Speaker 1: Or what was that? Do you remember? That was chat gpt okay and yeah, and that was the one where they were rendering black Asian Nazi.
Speaker 2: Women right like they show me Nazis during World War two and they were like there was no white people, like they just didn't exist. It was super weird. But the people were trying to test it and they were like, show me a gay couple and it would just be like an attractive man an attractive female. Or somebody was like, hey, show me like Elton John with his with his husband, and it produced, you know, a photo of Elton John with his mother. And it wasn't it was purpose Some people are saying it's purposely not doing that.
Speaker 1: I'm looking I'm on Twitter right now and I'm looking at tons of pictures of rendered gay couples. No idea. Yeah, here is show us a gay couple that's voting for Harris, and show us a gay couple voting for Trump and by the way the gay couple voting for Trump or like fit dudes? Right, you know, you're right? And what you know where this is going? Okay, so you haven't seen it. What do you think the gay couple for Harris looks like.
Speaker 2: A little bit overweight and maybe some colored hair.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously they're multicultural, right, yes, and they're they're much older and much more hippie esque. Yes, yes, so they went they went older. They actually went with a black dude and a white dude, both with like big bushy beards that look like they're about sixty.
Speaker 2: Where it's like two dudes dressed like cats.
Speaker 5: But the.
Speaker 1: Here, let me send you a picture of the Trump couple or the picture hold on, let me just text it to you.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know, I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff I saw at the gymnast morning were just people on the left, like manufacturing some sort of thing.
Speaker 1: It must be. I'm finding this stuff no problem people of Cleary, and whether they did it in response to that, So there's the I don't know why, why why why don't you have your shirt on at the Trump rally? They haven't had a Trump rally? Why don't you you can have your shirt on, dude.
Speaker 2: The best part about a Trump rally, at least the ones I've been to, is the break, the lifting brake in the middle of the speech.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and oil. You still get oiled, right, and then you get oiled and you walk around. You've been in some different ones a Michael Brown Ferguson story. What are we doing? By the way, can you believe it's been ten years? Think about that, It's been ten years since they murdered Michael Brown when he had his hands up. I saw it on CNN. I saw the CNN people with hands up.
Speaker 2: Ross.
Speaker 1: Did you notice the CNN people They had their hands up and none of them were murdered on set when they were doing that stupid thing with their hands up, none of them were murdered. So poor Michael Brown, obviously with his hands up there, this was something totally different. It's not okay now. Granted, investigations didn't yield that to be true. And by the way, those investigations were not just from the local department, the local county, and even a state investigation in Missouri, but also the Justice Department under Eric Holder under Barack Obama. They had I don't even know how how many, how they had time for all the autopsies that were done. Everything there showed that this narrative was not that Michael Brown went in there. Do you remember that that absolute lunatic who put out the Stranger Fruit documentary where he just decided that he put out a documentary using like the surveillance footage from that convenience store as to show and it's completely false to show that the people worked at the store were doing a drug deal with Michael Brown, right, and and he'd go on and people question about it. In his his tactic was to scream at whoever was interviewing him. And it didn't matter whether it was CNN or Fox News. He would just start screaming at him like a lunatic, like some Antifa idiot. But I digress. So we all know what happened. I thought, even if you didn't want to admit it, over ten years, you had to have stumbled upon the truth. But that is not the case. A Ferguson police officer is in serious condition after suffering a substantial brain injury and is fighting for his life today. After protests marking the tenth anniversary of Michael Brown's death devolved into a violent riot because this is now obviously this happened, but now we have the Wednesday report, so that's what we're working off here, and this is going This happened on Saturday, but we didn't know the totality of what was going on. So this is from NBC News affiliate k s d K on the early morning of Saturday, August tenth, our beloved officer Travis Brother. This is the family put a statement out. I'm just reading it because it's the NBC News affiliate did it. On the morning of Saturday, August tenth, our beloved officer Travis Brown suffered a serious physical injury while performing his tour of duty. He is currently in critical condition, surrounded by his loved ones as he bravely fights for his life. We're holding on to hope and trusting in the power of faith to see him through. He's a devoted father. He's more than a police officer. He's a devoted father, son, brother, uncle, godfather, and friend, man of strong faith, an athlete and adventure It's very sad. They absolutely brain this. He'll probably not work as a police officer again, judging by just some of the some of the stuff the Let's see a protester identified as twenty eight year old Elijah Gant, who would have been eighteen at the time. He's twenty eight now, was literally stripped off the top of this officer when he see Brown was unconscious at the scene. Travis Brown the father the police officer, and Gant was on top of him when other officers pulled him off and attempted to aid the fallen officer. Which is an absolute animal. Man, Yep, I'm saying that. Go ahead, call me racist. How do you how do you have enough people in Ferguson that still think this was a bad shoot to put together a riot on par with the pictures that I saw. That's terrifying. Listen, it's not. I mean, I know how, but that's terrifying.
Speaker 2: You every think maybe if the police didn't exist, he wouldn't have had a gun to steal.
Speaker 1: Or or an officer to damn near murder on Saturday? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Would you ever think about me? Maybe if there wasn't private property right, he'd have nothing to steal.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. Or you know what you do? You get rid of the clerks in the at the store trying to stop you with stuff. What are you doing? Let them go in there and loot it, like your downtown should look like that one of those nuke test rains and the ranges in the middle of Nevada in the fifties, right, or like any any movie where like the Raptures already happened. Yeah, but if you do that, then I don't get to watch the clerks beat them with sticks.
Speaker 2: So those are the best clerks, by the way, beat people attempting to rob their stories with giants.
Speaker 1: Stick again, attempting to rob their stories again. For those of you know you've probably seen the video, you should watch the whole video. A lot of people only saw a little clip of this two clerks. They appear to be Middle Eastern. I can't I can't really get a fix on it, but it doesn't matter. They just had enough of this crap. And this dude had rolled in earlier in the day and robbed their store. Well he came back, and he had the audacity the audacity to come back. And I don't know if he sold it from the store or he brought it. He had one of those giant outdoor trash cans, the big hard gray plastic ones with a bag you know what, it was probably from around the pumps. That's probably where he got it now that I think about it. And he's rolling it through the store stealing stuff and these guys come out and just start beating them with these sticks about the legs and the butt and his belly and stuff, and he's just screaming. Is deeply satisfying.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you. If that story had come out of wake Forest, like it was a local if it was a local store it.
Speaker 1: Was between your house and the station, bab, I would go.
Speaker 2: Out of my way to shop there just to support the guys that beat the guy with the giant sticks, the pain.
Speaker 1: Sticks and sticks. Yeah, that's good stuff. So going back to this and Ferguson ten years, ten years and and and it's and it just shows you how pervasive some of this stuff can be when you the media, you the activist. And I'm going to tie this back to what's going on today in the election. The media is so powerful here. The media is so powerful. Look at what they're able to do with Harris. Now, whether you believe the numbers are not, it's it's you know, it's a lot of it's about how you feel and if you feel good, it's about encouraging you that if you feel good and you think others feel good, to make sure that you vote so you're not sitting in the doldrums like you were doing with Biden. That's why their only goal is to control the narrative. And so you do it so effectively that you take Kamala Harris, who everyone thought they knew, and go no, no, no, and you rip her mask off like a Scooby Doo villain, and it's still it's the same person underneath, but you tell everyone that it's different and you're able to get away with that. That's what happened in Ferguson. You have a community that obviously was dealing with a lot of issues, socioeconomic issues. There were trust issues with in policing, you know, and and by the way, some of the policing stuff and some of the corruption that you saw within the policing, it's it's good that some of that was uncovered. But this was not it. This was not it. This was an officer trying to do his job and clearly somebody's reaching for his firearm, which happens a lot. I don't understand why you think that's going to be a good thing. Occasionally they're able to get the gun out, like they got from that female officer not long ago. But yeah, at that point they're going to go into murder you mode. So it's that's what he's trying to do. And it's still inexplicable why he did it. But you have convinced people.
Speaker 5: You have.
Speaker 1: You have given people the opportunity who didn't want to admit the truth to go. We'll see. Ann believes me and MSNBC believes me, so I must be right and then to hold on to it for ten years and show up to a giant of Justice for Michael Brown event with violent protesters, Yeah, this would be like go into a Justice for Juicy Smole event. And there's probably people including Kamala Harris, who was one of the highest profile people who sent a tweet out on behalf of that without having the facts.
Speaker 2: It's not even just the media though. I think even going back just a few years, that could have been this past year. Yeah, I think you had Corey Bush up there that was like, you know, in the chamber saying, you know, hands up, don't shoot. There's still there's still politicians.
Speaker 1: That are oh when I say the media, When I say the media, no, you're right. It's it's that it's activists within the community, right, because if you're an activist who makes your bones over race relations, there's always going to be race relations. We've said it before, right, The last thing, the last thing you could ever admit is that, all right, we're good, and now you're out of a job. And then you started having to pivot to other stuff. It's like, I know that people get mad at me when I when I bring them up as an example. It's like mothers against drunk driving. I use it as an example because they had a very clear thing they wanted to do, and then all of a sudden, when they got a standard guy's blood alcohol content that was lowered to point oh eight, you would have been feasibly out of stuff to do. Not that they're still worn't drunk drivers, but but they were still like, oh no, we have this whole apparatus, so you have to do something. And there's a lot of organizations like that, but you know, wanting people not to drunk drive versus wanting people to believe that the police ro out to murder them, so you better murder them first. Are kind of two different things. One is arguably more injurious. All right, seven forty five Ray stagic, He's oh, on the that's right, I forgot we have Maybe that's what screwed up my stuff this morning. And Rob hanging out. We'll get to your call here in just a moment. Dude, do we got hit with an EMP or we got hit with an EMP or something. I don't know what's going on. Man, Do you ever have a program glitch out on you? I had like three of them all at the same time. I'm like, well, the world's ending. I guess I don't have to do the rest of the show.
Speaker 5: Take the week off.
Speaker 1: All right, Well I'm gonna do that. I'm gonna need some nice weathers, so yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, it's gonna be good the next couple of days. This morning, temperatures are down a bit from twenty four hours ago, by a couple degrees in the triangle, but the Triad a little bit milder, So there is some mild the rare working in from the west, but just about everybody in the little mid sixties to start, and just about everybody in the middle eighties. The safternoon beautiful sunshine. Might see a little cloud tonight. Stars that's the mid sixties, low sixties. As you get further west, as you get into the mountains again, there could be some pleasant upper fifties. Sun should be back tomorrow, middle upper eighties. Some of the new guidance trickling in suggests there could be a shower thunderstorm tomorrow afternoon, and we'll have a chance of some wet weather Saturday, a little better chance on Sunday afternoon, so we'll start to see some wet weather potentially return for the weekend. But I think dry weather and pleasant weather is going to return next week with middle ladies, So okay. See the good news here is we may see the humidity and tempaus come up a little bit, but I don't see anything officially saying we're gonna go ninety plus over the next seven days, so I don't think we're done with that. But over the next seven days, we don't see it. Or nest that will pass to our east may kick up some surf dangerous rip currents over the weekend early next week, but a mess in terms of direct impacts from a hurricane that's forecast to strengthen as we head on through the next twenty four hours to maybe a major hurricane and towards the island of Bermuda and continue to stay out over the open waters of the Atlantica just case. You know, it's a hard target to hit Bermuda, so you know, it is pretty rare.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have that often out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is. But it looks like they may have some hurricane force winds and some extremely heavy rainfall.
Speaker 6: So that's that.
Speaker 5: We'll look to the next system of Right now, the tropical basin pretty quiet after stuff.
Speaker 1: Who's your who's your Cowboys backup quarterback? You know, Dak Prescott your back quarterback?
Speaker 5: I know I want Cooper Rush.
Speaker 1: Okay, can we have one of them? Can we have one of them?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean it's not a bad not a bad option.
Speaker 1: Actually, I mean you saw what happened. You saw what happened to the Vikings quarterback.
Speaker 5: Right I did? I did you know what I meant to say? Sorry about that?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: You didn't. It's okay, okay, no.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do feel right though a little bit. That's gonna be tough for rookie coming out and have that happen to me, that that's your future.
Speaker 1: Well, it was, Oh Jesus, thank you. You should work, You should work in a counseling office or get out of here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, his bedside manner is a great. Wow. That was your whole future. Now you're screwed. You have nothing to live for. Thanks Ray, appreciate that. All right? Seven forty eight your calls next legitimate shoot. Everybody knows that, including the former Barack Obama aeric Holder Justice Department. And they still decide to go ahead and protest and bring a cop so and you know what, I feel like they're gonna be whipping some stuff up. That's just me, that's the little paranoid part of me. He just sees it as between that and the monkey. Let's give them a bunch of stuff where they don't have to question why Kamala won't get near a microphone? Rob what's up?
Speaker 6: Okay? See, this is just the beginning. Do you know how they won in twenty twenty with what I'm gonna call it three hours. They're all gonna come back, and this is just the start of it. The resurgence of COVID riots and racism. That's what we're gonna hear for the next three months. Leading up to this election, and that's how the radical left won in twenty twenty, and they're gonna do it again. This is just gonna get worse.
Speaker 1: Buckle in for the monkey pocks, sir. So here's the deal with at least with COVID. Thanks for the call, Ross, you would appreciate this. At least with COVID if the airborne COVID could only get you if you were standing up all the way. But at once you got under the cloud of COVID, like you sat down in a restaurant, then you were fine. So at least you had a safe zone. Do you know what I mean? You got a place where you could be safe with monkey pocks. I think that safe zone's about midway down your body, so I don't even know. Would you do you have to lay down to eat? It's truly terrifying because yes, the very same idiots, uh you know, doctors who ran the COVID stuff and if you ever question you were kicked off social media are out there posting these big threads about why you need to freak out and why this is it could be airborne, even though that's not how I understand much of the monkey pox transference is happening. Ross. Do you know why do you know how the monkey pox transference seems to be happening at least in the central part of affright.
Speaker 2: I do because we we sort of went over it last time. There was a big monkey box thing going around.
Speaker 1: And what was it? It was restaurants, right, you're getting into restaurants, breathing the air restaurant exactly. Oh okay, all right, but it grow like stores, non essential stores, gyms too, right, probably a gym's you know, So, I mean there's a possibility somebody got it at a gym, maybe out of the parking lot. I don't know, but like, yeah, so we're getting ready to do that thing, Tom, real quick, what's up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm I'm pretty concerned Ksey about Grace Agic.
Speaker 6: His voice sounded very very poor on the on the radio here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sure we need to ask him to step down.
Speaker 1: He might have to been he wouldn't understand, sir, he wouldn't understand there asking him to step down. He'd have to try to do an intervention with the family. Yeah, he's on the Yeah, very sad.
Speaker 6: It was kind of a you know, list or something.
Speaker 1: I think maybe we should just start, you know, a campaign to shut him down. Oh Andy, it is Thursday, and that means we get a chance to chat with our NERD correspondent. Uh stop sing, Hey, what's going on? Hey?
Speaker 8: Good morning, Casey.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah we didn't Did we chat last week? No, we didn't chat last week.
Speaker 8: No we haven't spoken in ages.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, luckily, still people out there being dumb and Country's companies out there making bad decisi So let's go ahead and get to this. And I'm gonna start with the story that we did yesterday. There's a reason people hate lawyers. And I also understand that there's lawyers who have to file stuff because it is the proper legal thing to do. But it's, you know, it's not it's like, do you see that movie with Tom Hanks? What was it a Bridge of Spies? Do you ever see that movie?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Is that a movie about lawyers?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I hear it is so anyway, So, but like it's that whole idea where he's like he's a lawyer, and he's just non he's an insurance lawyer, and then all of a sudden he's kind of thrust in this position and then he starts actually lawyering the case and everybody hates him, but then spoiler alert, it works out in the end and it's a true story kind of, and so like, that's fine, even though people were mad as hell that he was representing the Russian spy that they had arrested in his sixties. So that being said, you can convince me that a lawyer for Disney has to tell a grieving widower that he can't have any money or recompense or anything because he wanted to watch Pippi Longstocking one time a year ago. The absolute absurdity of the terms in service of Disney plus's a service, even with a free trial, could somehow not allow you to execute court rights in the state of Florida. Should you ever visit the Magic Kingdom and have your wife die in an Irish restaurant from probably peanut oil. Is absurd and it is south Parkish, sir. Remember when The Simpsons used to predict stuff? Now South Park does, and that's worse. That's worse itself.
Speaker 8: I remember the south Park the human centipee, the human centipede clause within the iTunes terms of service. But yes, no, I'm getting ready to say goodbye to my teenage daughter. She's about to turn fourteen. And I remember when we signed up for Disney Plus just a couple of years ago because we wanted to watch Star Wars. There was a clause in there that said she had to serve on the log flume at Florida Disney World for at least three years. So yeah, she departs soon. She'll be working there from age fourteen to seventeen.
Speaker 1: And you know what did you did? You have sisters? Do you have sisters?
Speaker 6: I do?
Speaker 5: I have an older scholterh.
Speaker 1: Okay, so maybe you don't appreciate like I do. I was the oldest. I have two younger sisters. You don't want them in the house fourteen to seventeen.
Speaker 8: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: We want them on the log flim.
Speaker 1: You want them, You want them, not in the house. They just they go crazy for a few years. But no, seriously, what a dance because everything that is every time you do something like this and your Disney or your what we saw during COVID, this is a bigger issue for me. You're squandering goodwill and Disney arguably, in my childhood, Disney had probably the most good will of any company. That doesn't mean they weren't doing stuff, but like, yes, don't go with Google's thing that they got rid of that they got rid of. Yes, so, but in reality, I don't understand the motivation there, you.
Speaker 8: Know, I suppose the motivation, to give the best possible interpretation, is that we live in a highly litigious society where, you know, tort lawyers are constantly looking for opportunities to bring sorts of mass litigation against big firms for for most lawsuits, I'll never forget growing up. I think I'm in the early two thousands and hearing about the McDonald's or whatever that was being sued over some lady's coffee being hot and she's spilled it on herself. Like, you know what, that's the kind of stuff that these companies want to fend off.
Speaker 1: Steven, you need to read that. You need to actually look into that story. That woman absolutely should have been paid. They handed they handed her, They prepared the coffee at a time temperature that disintegrated the seal of the cup and handed it to her.
Speaker 5: Okay, it melted, It.
Speaker 1: Melted, It melted. The it melted the cup and the where the lid connected it warped the lid. So not only do you have the cup come apart, you had the lid twist in her hand which she was holding on to. She was holding on to the cup, but also tried to grab the lid. They so what McDonald's did is McDonald's also had a team of PR people out there, going this is absurd. But when you learn the details of it, I don't know. I don't know that she could she got paid millions. I don't even remember what she got. But the absolute uh misinterpretation of that story that was being propelled sticks to this day and until a couple of years ago. I thought the same thing, and I finally sat down and went through it.
Speaker 8: But you know, no fake news on the radio app.
Speaker 1: Oh no, there's lots of fake news, but you know, not not serious stuff. It's mostly the fun stuff. But so I'm sitting there looking at it and whatever they're going to save, or whatever they thought they were going to save paying this widower. So let's say it's five million dollars right for Disney, which is worth what one hundred and eighty billion or two hundred billion, whatever their market cap is, just for their parks, the amount of goodwill you're squandering by me talking about this on the radio with you and everywhere else I saw this reported. That has to be more impactful than five million dollars. If you just get a couple of people going, you know what, f these guys, I'm going to Universal Studios one. You know, one family spends what a house there? It's so damn expensive. It's It's okay.
Speaker 8: I distinctly recall the Piccolo family is seeking fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I mean speaking, they're seeking in excess of fifty thousand, which is what the way that you initially file in Florida. That's not necessarily the number. Florida's so weird, dude, which sucks because you know how many Florida man stories that we do. They have to indicate that they're seeking over fifty over fifty thousand, so set a threshold for it. But they're seeking a lot more because what they're looking for is punitive. They just don't outlay. They don't put it out publicly. Yeah, Florida's a weird state, dude.
Speaker 8: Disney is Disney is holding on to the strands of their public reputation, and at every turn they have these opportunities to try and generate better press for themselves and again not be evil, and they just can't help it. And even when they're doing this with this lawsuit and saying that your Disney plus rights have signed away your opportunity to collect damages in their parks, you know, they're also like adding New Worlds Disney. They're building villains world now in Disney. And it's not that I'm against Disney villains. The villains are great, but I think this is just a moment, like all that we care about these days is to darkness, the bad guys, the horror show. Disney is just losing the magic at every turn.
Speaker 1: Well, and at least they have good villains, because I read this week that Batman doesn't have good villains, so a fundamental change was necessary. We talked about this on Monday, where they have reimagined the the Batman villains and now they're essentially a multicultural seminar of women having coffee whining about their ex husbands. You know, how are we doing this? Man?
Speaker 8: Well, you know I do. I will say that if you kind of go back in the Batman lore, the bit, you know, Harley Quinn, the Joker's Sidekick was a character that was drawn out of thin air and created for Batman later on for kind of creating gender parody. They're like, there are not enough female villains. There's Poison Ivy and Catwoman, so they create the Joker a female sidekick, and Harley Quinn today is iconic. And then you turn around to the new Batman series where they are gender bending the penguin and making the penguin some kind of weird lesbian and a top hat. It sort of just reveals the creative bankruptcy of this industry today, where the only creative act they can possibly think of is not creating a new female villain for the Batman universe, but changing a different one and going back and making a penguin a woman. It's just biarar. It's strange, it's lazy, and I'm pretty sure comic book readers are set up with this stuff well.
Speaker 1: But you know, then the pushback you'll hear as well. There is like Miles Morales, right, I understand the Miles Morales thing, right, because Miles Morales is a different thing, and I think some people were confused who were passive there, like it's its whole thing, and I understand that there's also different versions of the same comic, right, there's different universes. I'm doing a horrible job explaining this, but back me up here. There are different versions of beloved characters like Superman. There's different iterations out there that did they did a Batman where Bruce Wayne, where Bruce Wayne lost all his money because he was part of the one percent. I mean, that was the hot thing to do at the time. Yeah, you know, the occupy Occupy Wall Street was going on, yep, But that's not what's going on here. This is what JJ Abrams is tied in with this too. I mean, that's a pretty big name to decide that they're going to just tell everyone that the Batman villains are bad, so we have to reimagine them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and so, like kind of what you described, there are two very different things, multi verses and different dimensions and different worlds within like Spider Man or Batman, I've always existed. But that's different from criticizing everything that came before you and saying there's a problem with the Batman Lord that I'm going to solve by corrupting the source material. I'm going to go back and fix an error which is penguin should have been a woman.
Speaker 1: Now and Latino lesbian woman.
Speaker 8: In their defense, if you were going to gen nderbend any of the Batman villains and and make them into some weird woman in a top hat, the penguin would probably be your best one, like Danny DeVito. But you know that's uh, it's a lazy storytelling. Missus Freeze, Missus Freeze the wife of mister Freeze, right.
Speaker 1: And also but naked, so even when they're sitting around the house, she always needs a blanket, even if it's eighty out A. Yeah, women can identify her with her. I would argue, and this is this is the very loaded question, but I'm sure you have an answer. I would argue that Batman has the best villains.
Speaker 8: I suppose that's right. I mean, I I think Batman does have the best villains. I've always thought Superman. I've always thought Superman villains were pretty lame. I very much enjoy mister Freeze. The Riddler was my favorite villain growing up. I don't know, I don't know the name of the creature, but I will always remember that giant bat from the animated Batman. Oh yeah, the Jeames shorts, giant bat.
Speaker 1: It's George summer. You live up by DC, don't you.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 1: Like the Washington Post had an article yesterday saying that it's the summer of the Georgs, so feel free to wear them.
Speaker 8: Dude, Brat summer means George summer.
Speaker 1: I guess short summer. Yeah yeah yeah, so uh yeah, no. I think Batman has the best villains and uh and so it's like it's the one that didn't need fixed. You know, arguably you could look at some of the Marvel stuff and and you and it's hard to understand why certain villains haven't emerged. And I think that's that's a fun discussion that fans can have. They're just throwing they're just throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Here. You're not going to be two Face and the Riddler and the Joker. These are iconic from the Bam Powell back in the day sixties Batman series days, and and they've worked in every iteration. Although I will say that Poison Ivy mister Freeze, that one movie, it was pretty bad. But you know, all we don't have to talk about that. No, no, no, no, no, we don't. So all right, so you're on team team that. So my question then becomes is we're sticking with the movies and the and TV stuff? Before I flip over to our last topic, how did they screw up the bad Lands movie so bad? I've been watching reviews on this thing. For those of you who don't know, there's a video game out where the entire video game is just which gun can you get? I'm probably that's probably not fair. But and then they decided or Borderlands. I'm sorry, I said bad Lands, Borderlands, and they decided to do a movie, but then go for a PG thirteen rating so that they minimize the violence of a movie that's all about the or a video game that's all about the guns you can have, And then put in the British actress who's totally miscast, and their Kate Latchet. What the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Why do movie video game adaptions either really really hit or really really miss.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, I think most video game adaptions turned into you movies or television shows. Their main struggle is that all of our experiences playing different games or video games are different. You know, video games are partially a thing that happen in your head. You play the game your way. You have your own story and narratives that you're telling yourself as the video game player, and then when you try to bring these things onto the screen and set the story, that actually undermines the experience of gaming. There is no set story that everybody has shared whenever they play a video game, and even ones that have narrative storylines from beginning to end. And I think that's mainly the problem. Video games provide really good, rich ideas, but if you try to, I don't know, like copy them beat for beat, there's not really much there, and I think people then don't see themselves in.
Speaker 5: It as much.
Speaker 8: I have not watched Borderlands. I was choosing actually last night between watching Borderlands finally or rewatching Game of Thrones, and I chose Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, but there's some that hit. That Mario Brothers movie did really good, the animated one from what like two years ago that did really really well. What would you say is the best adapted real quick, what would you say is the best adapted video game movie or television show? Because right now there's there's some television shows killing it on Amazon that are video game adaptions.
Speaker 8: That's a great question. I think probably the one that's top of mind is the Last of Us. The Last of Us was a good show, you know, copied it in a good way.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well maybe we'll have that bigger discussion on a bigger day. I got just about a minute and a half. So Magic the Gathering. This is the nerdiest story I have in my stag. Magic the Gathering players are upset because they think AI is going to design cards and they want live artist illustration. What and and I don't understand it, So make me understand it in forty five seconds. What are the nerds?
Speaker 8: I'm a Dungeons and Dragons player. I am not a nerd, so I don't know anything about these Magic the Gathering kids. Who are you know, just really the lowest of the lower.
Speaker 1: Do you understand how much you know? How much? If I gotta I gotta do this story, We're not gonna have enough time to get into this. But do you understand that That is the nerdiest possible response to my nerdiest question about my nerdiest article, where you literally understand where you literally you know what it is. It's like Star Wars people making fun of Star trek people.
Speaker 8: I'm a teefling. Teefling barred. I don't know anything about magic the gathering.
Speaker 1: Okay, you get out of here. I'm gonna hit you with the black lotus. You want that, you want the black lotus, I'll bet you don't know. Which is the thing I only learned about from Ross earlier. All right, appreciate it, sir, have a good one. Okay, thanks doing. I got really excited because I was like, I have to talk to Steve, and I'm like, I have some cup of noodles in my cup of noodles drawer, and then I realized I only had the seafood one left, and I can't eat seafood for breakfast. And I don't know why that is, because I like seafood, but seafood flavored noodles not for me. I remember saying that one time and some guy got really offended. He's just like, you know, all over the world they eat seafood for breakfast. If you go to China, if you go to Japan, which by the way, I've been to both of them, and that is true, you can get seafood China. They have a lot of noodles every part of the day, but for breakfast, and I don't know, noodles feel weird. There are a lot of people, but I will say this, and I have traveled. I have traveled literally all over the world. I'm not bragging. I just get really bored and do things. I'm single. I can do that. I don't have kids or a pet, so if I want to go somewhere, I go. I have never been in a country where if you go to a breakfast place that is remotely near where tourists go. Okay, this is important, so if you're near an international airport or you're near a tourist destination that has hotels all that. I have never been anywhere in the world and it doesn't have an American style breakfast or a variation thereof. And I mean that one hundred percent. Malaysia might have had the weirdest breakfast stuff and it was some seafood on there. And then right there is the Americano. If you're in Latin America they call it or the Big American or whatever. The one in Germany was funny because it's it's like it's the stuff we eat for breakfast, but it's supersized because it's playing on the part where Americans are fat and they want four egg options with nine strips of bacon and stuff. It's just crazy. So yeah, yeah, And you know what I would argue, correct me if I'm wrong here. I would argue that if everyone in the world is forced to serve what we want for breakfast, that we win, right, yea completely. Yeah, you're all the conquered people.
Speaker 2: And Americans are fanan lazy except when we dominate the Olympics. So shut up and serve me my breakfast.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh you want squid, right, you want the squid, the boiled squid with no Oh sorry, what did you want? Oh you want bacon and sausage and eggs and potatoes. Those are gonna be your staples. Every single country I have ever been in that where you know I've been in I guess long enough to sit there and have to eat breakfast has an American version. And sometimes it's not very good, right, because they've gotta be able to get ingredients. But it's the spirit of it. Just oh the sun never sets on the British Empire. Well, I can't get a ra I can't get rash or bacon everywhere I go, so we win. Sorry, I'm feeling very patriotic this morning. Uh here, you want something that will make you feel good, because Steven was telling me it was all doom and gloom. But it's not. You ready for this. The ringleader of the Portland Antifa, her name is Alyssa eleanor Azar. Do you think they made her ringleader because she's the one that looks the least undateable. That's the only thing she got going for. I think that probably she could clean up and be amid But anyway, so anyway, so she was charged with felony riot, disorderly conduct on the second degree, unlawful use of mace in the second degree. Because here's what happened. A group had put together an event a and this was a voter registration event. This was not a proud boy event. This was a voters registration event that was put together, by the way, by a candidate. Now they go, oh, right wing activists held the voter registration. The voter registration was an event that had been permitted and put together. And clack was a Clackham At Park in Oregon City. They have a park shelter like a lot of parks do, or you rent it like if you go to the what's the big park and carry, because I've been to a couple of political events over there. They had that big shelter over there, and you know, people go in and register it and it was for a local congressional candidate, so it's a voter registration. And yeah, there are a bunch of people hanging around there. Even was some dudes that clearly looked like they were there if Antifusz showed up. But this chick flew in there with a can of bear spray and just doused everybody. And also there were things that ended up other parts of the charging there where she limited the ability of people to go ahead and do things. Remember how we talked about the bridge San Francisco folks who were charged with us taking over the Golden Gate Bridge, and they literally caused somebody who had to have emergency brain surgery to not be able to have it and it worsened the condition. So so the you know, there was all these other things that happen when you do this. Well, guess what, she and her cohorts got the book thrown at him kind of by organ standards arguably. So oh and by the way, they also had explosive devices. I should mention that, or they were near by. I don't know if you've if you've seen this or if you remember this weapons? Do you remember the weapons hides and stuff that they were doing. Who was it Veritas? Who was No? You know it wasn't Yeah it was Veritas. Remember they sent well or no, it was Stephen Crowder. Do you remember what was Stephen Crowder's sidekicks name, not gay whatever. They sent him to Iowa or something, and he showed up and he's like, hey, I also want to be Antifa, and they're like they were showing them where they were hiding, like guns and stuff, so like, you know, this is not your this is not your standard hippie protest. So they were in court and here's the headline, Oregon jury convicts violent Portland Antifa ringleader alyssa Azar of felony with let's see here, actually multiple felonies. They didn't get her on the the mace thing for some reason, even though that's clearly the impetus for this, but they got her with the bigger stuff. So yeah, and then they all started crying, you're the leader of Antifa. You just got convicted for a felony and you started crying, balling her eyes out, like how did this happen to me? And it shows you what larpingness is, doesn't it doesn't that speak to the level of larp that's going on here? You're playing revolutionary. I don't know if you know this about revolutionaries. Ross, maybe you've heard this. Do you know that sometimes revolutionaries end up in jail or worse? Had you heard any of this?
Speaker 2: I have confirmed.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, that's sometimes how that goes. And and actually most of the time that's.
Speaker 2: Kind of how it goes. Times other times you end up on t shirts at hot topic. Yeah, that you live happily ever after?
Speaker 1: Right? Are you? Are you implying that cha Guavera lived happily ever after? I mean he was thirth He wasn't even forty when he died, but.
Speaker 2: It was natural causes though. Really he'd like choked on a breakfast food breakfast or whatever.
Speaker 1: Right, Like, oh, no, he was from where was he from? Venezuela or TRIMBORI was originally from No, Argentina, That's right, he was from Argentina. I just had by the way, you know, it was in Argentina at my hotel do you know what they served for breakfast, Like a bunch of a bunch of Latin breakfast food like plantanos and stuff like that, but Americano. They had the Americano there and it was actually pretty good. No, you'll be shocked to learn that he did not. He did. He did not die of natural causes or a croissant choking. Instead, it was his own violent lifestyle that led to his demise. Because it feels really good when you're eleven a revolutionary and then you get a win under your belt, right, you know what I'm saying, You get you got the W You're like, look what we did with Cuba, and then you know, you keep going through there and trying to trying to keep the streak alive. Unfortunately that that did not pan out from me. He didn't even see his fortieth birthday. But other revolutionaries, even ones who were considered successful until they weren't, a couple of them lived it out. Arguably, Napoleon was a revolutionary. So so anyway, so Chae Gavera's got all the w's going and he decides, hey, I'm gonna go, I'm gonna go screw with Bolivia, and Bolivia is a weird cat. You need to understand that Bolivia was actually a breakaway from Brazil, and then Bolivia started pulling some crap. Then all the other countries got in there, so they had a lot of hard feelings towards Argentina and various others. And the Bolivians captured him, and I can't remember exactly it was gonna. I think he was gonna. He was trying to organize somebody being assassinated, which yeah, shockingly is a thing. So they capture him. Actually, the US wanted him extradited to Panama and we were going to go to work on him, and the Oblivion's are like, you know what, Uh, how about I go ahead and kill him? And then they executed him in Bolivia. So not with a croissant either or plantain. But I believe they asked for I believe what they did is they asked for volunteers. If I remember this story, they asked for volunteers to kill Guevara, and like it turned into a lottery. And then some twenty seven year old got the honor to shoot him because three of his friends had been killed in his little insurgency attack, and they did the thing in front of Guevara, so like, we're going to kill you now. And then they asked all the soldiers. They're like, hey, anybody want to kill him? And and they're like ooh, me me, me, me me, and then they I don't know exactly how they broke it up, but then they figured it out and then they let the dude get drunk and then they brought him out and then he killed. He shot Guivara. So that's how that ended in case you never knew. So with that transition, let's go to Race Sedagic, where we just learned some stuff. So those guys get a little weird, right, Like everybody's like, I want to shoot No, I want to shoot him. They're all fight over it. At that point, you know, you could have let the guy pick and then you go with the dude with the shakiest hand, or do you go with the dude with the straightest hand?
Speaker 5: Uh, if you want him to miss or not?
Speaker 1: Right, Well, but if they miss, they're probably just going to shoot you again. So probably probably you wanted the dude who's not hammered and shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, shockingly, they the first one didn't take because was drunk, so they had to shoot him again and again.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: All right, give us some weather present, yeah.
Speaker 5: President, Yeah, nice, not too bad. You know we've been they have a nice break from the heaton. The humidity, the mid upper nineties are gone for the foreseeable future. And when I say that, I don't think the rest of the summer, at least in the next seven days. They maynage close.
Speaker 8: To ninety by tomorrow and the beginning.
Speaker 5: Of the weekend, but I think most of us will stay in the middle eighties today, mid upper eighties tomorrow. Lots of sunshine around both days, some indications there may be a stray tomorrow afternoon, a shower storm, that is, And then as they get into the weekend, there's some rain chances. Saturday, small chance of an isolated storm, mid upper eighties, and probably more of the same on Sunday, mid upper eighties, with little better chances of afternoon storms. But sunshine early next week returns. I think we're going to get back into sunny weather, low humidity as a front comes through over the weekend. How about load of mid eighties for daytime highs and i't want to load in the sixties. Yeah, I mean had low humidity too. I mean, this really looks like it's gonna be some good stuff today and tomorrow, not bad. The game between stuff Saturday Sunday, Yeah, Sunday especially then early next week looks really nice. The beach is could be a problem early next week with swells kicked up from Ernesto, which four kids become a major hurricane that's wins one fifteen plus probably won't get too much stronger than that, goes into Bermuda, Pitts. Bermuda goes away, stays away from the gust mainland. But it's going to be pretty rough at the beaches for a couple of days early next week.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thank you sir. In fact, nimaron yo, will we will sing your praises? Okay, all right, there you go. Raise magic from the Weather Channel coming up, Jeff Bellinger and boy boy, have I got a new piece of tech for you? Hang on.
Speaker 9: Well, good morning, Casey.
Speaker 3: Some good news.
Speaker 9: For Wall Street. The government reports retail sales were stronger than expected last month. Sales rose one percent in July, auto sales likely accounting for much of that game. Another report from Washington says two hundred and twenty seven thousand workers filed new claims for unemployment benefits last week. That was seven thousand fewer than the prior week, and Walmart posted its quarterly results this morning. The retailers justin per share profit came in at sixty seven cents a share, better than expected, and Walmart raised at sales and profit guidance for the year, saying it's benefiting as consumers look for bargains. So stock market futures are higher right across the board, Casey, The S and P futures are up fifty two points, Nasdaq futures or up two hundred twenty six, and the Dow futures are up three hundred eighty three. So we should do pretty well with our four oh one k's today, Casey.
Speaker 1: Oh good, all right, Well we'll freak out later next week or tomorrow, thank you sir, of course.
Speaker 6: Okay, have a good day.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Jeff Bellinger there from Bloomberg News. Uh, okay. By the way, I actually went in checked to make sure I wasn't giving you inaccurate jaege Era, I was correct for the most part. It actually is far worse than that. Do you know what jege Era's last words were shoot coward for in oblivions. Okay, all right, yeah whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He actually he had an M two carbine and shot him inside a hut and was so drunk he just hit him in the arms and legs for like the first six shots and then another then another person had to come in and put it down. So there you go, that's the accurate. I know it's tough stuff in the morning, but what are you gonna do? Oh? By the way, I thought this was parody at first, but it's not. So you know who the British singer Sam Smith is who came out and now he just wears like you can't you can never unsee the red lingerie. Was that an album cover or just a photo? I don't remember what it was, but like, you can't bleach your eyes enough on that. So he's come out and he has adjusted his sexuality. Are you ready? Sam Smith now claims that he is semi bisexual. You know, ross, Do you want to know what that anyway? Do you know what that is? Some of sexual do you want to know? I guess it's maybe the better question there? Would you want to know what that is?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think I need to know, but for the benefit of the show, Sure, what is it?
Speaker 1: Semi bisexual means you are you are bisexual but only attracted to one gender. So I that sounds straight right, But I think it's if you can't get on the diversity spectrum or the grievance spectrum. If you just say you're straight, so you're you're bisexual but attracted to only one gender, so then you're not bisexual. I don't know, man, things are things are crazy? And speaking of crazy, a Minnesota woman who was driving her boyfriend to couples therapy because they were having some issues. He is under arrest after ready for this. According to her, if you're going to couples therapy, the tradition is to argue incessantly the whole way there, which I guess is probably going to happen in some cases. But she took things a step further because he announced on the way to couple's therapy he was also going to break up with her. So what did she do? She tried to run him over with a car. She allegedly forced him out of the vehicle, scream to get out of the vehicle, then proceeded to do a three point turn floor did in order to run him over. Thankfully, he was able to dodge