Speaker 1: Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the.
Speaker 2: Night, You experienced feelings of dread and your basement erratic?
Speaker 1: You or any of your family ever seen a spook, specter or ghost. If the answer is yes, then don't wait another minute. Pick up your phone and call the professionals ghosts. Our courteous, in efficient staff is on call twenty four hours a day to serve Paul your supernatural elimination needs.
Speaker 2: We're ready to believe you.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, Hey guys. I'm Austin and I'm Mike. Welcome to the fifth episode of A Strange Thing Podcast.
Speaker 4: Big number sinko fife fife boom boom, not sex, not six, not zexs from our number four episode. Yeah, you'll get it if you listen to that. If not, go back and listen to it because it's fun. That's some quality stuff in that That episode had some really cool had.
Speaker 3: Some fun stuff going on it. Five's a good number because it puts us at a new standard in the podcast world. It does.
Speaker 4: Once you hit five, you are now eligible to be streamed on Spotify.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they require five episodes before you can do it, So soon we will be on Spotify along with most other major podcasting platforms.
Speaker 3: Which makes me think of reminding you guys to maybe like subscribe, review us on all of your podcast apps whatever you use. That kind of pushes us up in the podcast world and gives us a little head up so we can keep doing this for a long time. Maybe we really enjoy it. So even if you don't like us, just do it for us. We're nice, Yeah, we're nice guys.
Speaker 4: Just do it.
Speaker 3: We just want to We just want to keep going. We're like Giant Nike.
Speaker 4: Just do it. No, okay, all right? Yeah, but also along with that, don't just do that. Go all the way, go all in Facebook, in Instagram, Instagram. Yeah, we're there on all of them, and we have no followers on Twitter. So if you follow us on Twitter, you will be our first Twitter follower.
Speaker 3: Yep, and we might come up with some good names for our followers. Yeah strangers, Yeah, strange followers, Yeah, something like that. Anyway, like that, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Follow us on your favorite social platforms We're on most of them, and also follow us on your favorite podcasting app.
Speaker 3: But anyway, anyway, we do know what we're talking about today.
Speaker 4: Today we're doing something very strange strange. Oh no way, yeah, yeah, we're doing something strange. We're going to be talking about spooky things in strange places.
Speaker 3: And if you listen to our last episode number four about strange things in the woods, you kind of know what we're talking about. Started off called Milliner's Gate.
Speaker 4: Milliner's Gate Gate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did a little echo by himself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like totally me. It was like synthetic desperate. I thought it sounded really good.
Speaker 3: It sounded great.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, anyway, I just did it again, So if you missed an episode four, you can just started again.
Speaker 3: Yep, anyway, What's Milliner's Gate? You were there?
Speaker 4: I did so on the kickoff we do on an IDL, we do a kickoff. One thing that we say separates us from most podcasts is we go out and actually do an investigation. We kick off things in places where we are going to talk about things in those places.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we means I or you, right in this case, not every situation. Can we both get down there. Like, like we've mentioned probably before, my wife is super duper pregnant.
Speaker 4: About ready to pop, which by the time we do the next podcast, she'll probably have.
Speaker 3: A bait so next time you hear my voice, I'll probably.
Speaker 4: If you ever hear his voice again, because I hardly get him now. I already have busy lives.
Speaker 3: I'm going to try to set up a little area in our house. Yeah, so I don't have to leave.
Speaker 4: He's going to make me go over there because he thinks my life's easier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And a.
Speaker 4: Life is busy, and we work full time jobs and we have families and stuff. But we do this because we like.
Speaker 3: It, right, And and we mentioned once before that my dad, Mike doesn't have a job, but I do.
Speaker 4: I got a job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got a job.
Speaker 4: I know. Back into the realm of the employed, which I am very very thankful for. Ye.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Miller's Gate back to the top.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get back. Let's get back to what we're doing here. So we're talking about spooky things in strange places. And one of the places that we heard about is a place called Milner's Gate, which is a restaurant slash brewery in Twin Falls.
Speaker 3: Idoh, and you might have even seen it on YouTube recently. YouTube The manager there, Brian Brian.
Speaker 4: He's been posting video video on YouTube which we will have links to on our website if you go to episodes look at detail, and we have the links there and actually we might just strain them. We'll just we'll just put them on our page. So p even just click a button right page. Yeah, and then we'll put them on our YouTube because we also have a YouTube channel. Do you know that, boy I did a YouTube channel. There's no video. Well, no, our first IDL is on there.
Speaker 3: Don't watch that.
Speaker 4: But we're we are going off channel. We're going on a rabbit trail. So let's get back to Milner's Gate back and back to the top. So we will put those videos up of weird paranormal activity going on in Milner's Gate. Got to check all the doors and you got to hear and she heard like chains rattling right in her here, look right here, and she walked faster in the change badly to follow over her here and started running take out her balls, call run the contact, which is her daughter, and said to her daughter and keep talking, to keep talking, to walk the doors back year and this ghost thing down here is messing with me. And she was just out of it in chains because she heard che rattling like someone was messing like like Yeah, that is really crazy.
Speaker 2: Here here, this used to be the boiler room.
Speaker 4: This hare he did this, Yeah, we call it the boiler room. Still it's uh and now it's a gift to heat the whole building.
Speaker 3: That is really cool. So she was running down this halliway to lock these doors.
Speaker 2: Back year.
Speaker 3: We heard that someone.
Speaker 2: Died in an elevator shaping O.
Speaker 4: That's the only well we are in the elder shot in the floyer.
Speaker 3: So we our topic our title of this episode a strange thing in a strange place. Spooky things in strange places.
Speaker 4: Spooky things.
Speaker 3: So what makes Milner's Gate strange other than the things that are going on?
Speaker 4: Okay, So Milner's Gate history is that it was built in nineteen twenty two as an Elks lodge. This is a very large building in downtown swin Falls, Idaho. Quick sidebar. We won't always stay in Idaho for our stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we might branch out someday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially if we have enough listeners that we could maybe generate just a little bit of revenue so we could go out and do a story about something other than in Idaho. But we're close by so when we do these kickoffs, we can get there really quick and actually do an investigation. Yeah. So Milner's Gate was built in nineteen twenty two, and it was built by the Benevolent and Protective Order of the Elks. That just rolls right off the tongue, isn't it.
Speaker 3: The Benevolent and Protected Order of the ILKs exactly. Sounds like something from the Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so they're a fraternal organization that meets and they're benevolent, which means that they do good things.
Speaker 3: They benevolent.
Speaker 4: They exist to basically help people do good things and enjoy life.
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah, good, good for them. Yeah, and they're Elks.
Speaker 4: They're semi secretive. They are kind of similar to Freemasons, although Freemasonry has a much more diverse and long history and also has a lot of mystery and intrigues surrounding that. There's a lot of conspiracy theories around Freemasonry. But Elks are kind of the are Freemason's light. Yeah, they're like the happy guys of fraternal organizations, secret societies that you know, they're they're happy guys.
Speaker 3: Grown up boy scouts.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, basically, yeah, good guys.
Speaker 3: Also, Elks is a word. It's a double PLURROI learned that from Neil deer Grass Tyson. No, he said that if you say, because you know, a herd of elk, yes, if you were to say elks, yeah, that would mean different kinds of elks, different kinds of elk like Rosevelt or whatever, and then multiple of each. Oh, so you're saying different types of different gotcha? Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: They could also be a possessive like it was the elks.
Speaker 3: Ooh, but the apostrophe.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's not a possessive in this case anyway. Anyway, Yeah, several elks. Yeah. So the Elks in nineteen twenty two built this building that was originally designed to be five stories high.
Speaker 3: Whoa big for that area.
Speaker 4: It is, it's huge, and that time it was all solid masonry and they built it and it was completed in nineteen twenty two when they stopped at floor number two, so they built two floors. It was very nice and they met there and did their things. And for those of you that know anything about Elks, they meet and they also do this kind of ritual where at eleven o'clock they have a moment of silence and remember their fallen brothers, people that were in the fraternity that have passed. There is some negativity about the Elks. I mean they had some initially, like when they first founded, they had some of the same requirements of membership that excluded like minorities and women and a lot of other those things. So it has you know, it's not all you know, beauty and roses and that kind of stuff. It has some darkness. But they've evolved with times and they've changed their requirements and it's an okay deal. But anyway, they built this building and about three years ago there was a grand design to basically go in, get this building and totally revitalize it. When they did that, they had a company that wanted to go in and build a really nice restaurant and bar and that was to be called Milner's Gate.
Speaker 3: And it sounds like they succeeded because they did a really nice restaurant.
Speaker 4: We've been there and we've eaten there.
Speaker 3: Oh man, the Tuna Tower Tuna Tower before the.
Speaker 4: Sashimi Tower from a heaven and it's huge.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: You get tons of food.
Speaker 3: But he's kind of bummed. So we went there. I don't remember. We were down there for something. We went there as a part few months ago, and I was I wasn't floating in cash like I've never been. Yeah, I was like, I really want to try that sashimi tower, but my wife would kill me if I spent more than a dollar today. So it turns out my dad got it and I shared, and he shared because it was such a good like bag for your buck. It's a big thing. It's awesome.
Speaker 4: But little did we know when we were there that it was haunted by a resident ghost that has been nicknamed since then. But anyway, we're getting way ahead now, we got to back up a little bit. So anyway, this building, lots of history and stuff, was inhabited by the Elks, and then they moved to the second floor, and then they had like other businesses come in on the bottom level, and they had like the library there for a while in like the early nineteen hundreds, and they had some other stuff. And then a few years ago some investors got involved and they thought, hey, we're going to restore this and make it awesome. So they went in and they spent megabucks in going through this entire building. They gutted it. They started in the ground level and they went all the way up. They had to put in new fortifications. They put in a downstairs outside courtyard patio and it's right outside of this ten barrel brand new ten barrel brewing system for a brewery that's also incorporated with the restaurant. The restaurant has three levels. It has the basement area which is the brewer a but they also have a bar, party room, and conference a. Yeah, and then the middle area is the main restaurant area. Then they have like a loft, kind of a loft balcony that's also an eating area out there. We can kind of look down on people. That's from the rich people, snobby people that look down on people. No, not really, but it's everything there is top notch. It's beautiful. They have a full bar system. It's it's beautiful, and they have a lot of beers on tap and now they have their own beers on tap. So just a major call out kudos to Milner's Gate in Twin Falls, Idaho. If anybody is driving through southern Idaho and they want to try a really nice dining and beer brewing experience, that is your place.
Speaker 3: Yep listen to our next episodes next couple and well we'll supply you with a great place to eat, you know, drink, have fun with your friends, and a great place to stay.
Speaker 4: Stay with maybe families. But that's see, we're getting way ahead of ourselves again.
Speaker 3: We always do that. It's so exciting.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so we heard about this place. We know the manager there. His name is Brian, and he's also working with the brewmaster there and learning how to create awesome.
Speaker 3: Beers and his craft owning his craft craft.
Speaker 4: Well, Brian was watching the security tapes one well, he was actually closing up and working and they heard some strange noises. So they went to the room where they have their their security system and we're looking at tapes and they saw some weird stuff and then they had people start seeing a weird apparition, for lack of a better word, a spooky thing. So Brian, when he saw the video, he posted it on YouTube and so we have direct links for that on our website. And okay, let's just say it. Brian's my brother in law, so we have a lot of connections with everybody has that uncle that's like super cool and like yeah.
Speaker 3: He was in like he was like in a band and he like yeah and shit before then he managed it.
Speaker 4: Before he managed a brewery. He managed bands in Idaho.
Speaker 3: He's super cool guy. Yeah, he's a nice guy.
Speaker 4: He has really bad selection of cars, or bad luck selecting cars because he buys.
Speaker 3: They always break. He's got that cool jeep.
Speaker 4: He's got a good selection, just just they break anyway, And so I went down on a whim. I just said, man, we got to do this idel thing. If I wait for Austin, it's gonna be three months because you know, babies, He's gonna have babies. So I called Brian and said, hey, can I just come down. He said, yeah, come down. And it was a Monday night and I was unemployed at the time, so it was okay. Which, by the way, I am now employed. I got a job, so I'm back in the water.
Speaker 3: There's a strange thing. Somebody employing my dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, suckers. I got a great job, and I want to work really hard for these guys. I'm a visual guy.
Speaker 3: Hopefully they listen to this and hear that little sport. Oh yeah, maybe they'll give you a raise.
Speaker 4: Jason. If you hear this, give me a raise.
Speaker 3: But anyway, my boss's name is Jason. Jason. This give me a raise.
Speaker 4: It's our destiny. So I go down to meet with Brian at Milner's Gate in this old Elks ballroom building in downtown Twin Falls that has been totally gone through. It's beautiful, most of it is beautiful. And Brian gave me the full tour. We went from the very deepest darkest corners of the basement to the very top of the roof and attic.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, I want to go up there.
Speaker 4: And it was an amazing tour to go all the way through this entire place and look at all these dark areas and stuff. And as he took me through, you know, I was kind of keeping my eyes open for some of the apparitions that people were supposedly seeing, so just as kind of a preview. And we're going to talk more about these individual components later on we start talking about what our apparition and what could these operations be and all.
Speaker 3: That kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: But people there were describing an individual which was in shadow. It was just a shadow type shape that was a male and wearing a hat.
Speaker 3: The hat man, the hat man. The hat Man's are really common. Yeah, quote unquote, shadow person.
Speaker 4: Shadow person, hat man, the shadow person, and it has been seen by three different people at Milner's Gate, at this restaurant bar called Milner's Gate. Ye, so that's pretty weird. I didn't see anything. I was kind of bummed. I'm wondering if I'm kind of like ghost kryptonite, you know, when I don't know, I never seem to find the cool stuff I hear about all the cool stuff, I never see it. I guess that makes me kind of a skeptic. But at the same time, you know, I want to believe. Man, I'm like Fox Molder, Man, I want to believe. Or was that a Skully that wanted to believe? No, Fox Molder wanted to believe.
Speaker 3: I think they both want to believe. I think they just.
Speaker 4: There was some romantic tension with them maybe.
Speaker 3: And she doesn't want to sacrifice her career. You know, she wants to be held as a respectable woman because I feel like in that age, women weren't taken that seriously in that profession. So she was really making sure that she did everything by the books. But deep down she's seen enough to make, you know, to make it wonder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh my gosh, a rabbit hole. So we've got this weird place and we've got these strange sightings and then there are these strange things that are caught on video. And Brian found these strange things and he posted them on YouTube and they kind of went viral.
Speaker 3: He heard some noises yep, and w went to the security camera recorded them on its phone or.
Speaker 4: Whatever, yeah, and then sent them to you know, on YouTube, and then people started hearing about it. Kind of went a little viral. Yeah, So all of a sudden, you know, he was getting contacted by people, and I think he was named on the website as one of the top ten scariest videos for twenty nineteen. Yeah. Cool, so we'll put we'll put some links to those. And I must say one more, one more thing about Milner's Gate. They had some ghost hunters and a medium from I think Salt Lake City come up and walk through the place and do readings and things like that. And they had this box that you could ask questions and you can hear voices out of anyway. This ghost or this apparition or this presence, whatever you want to call it, said his name was James. Yeah. Every once in a while, Brian says, he leaves a little shot of whiskey down for James down in the basement. I don't I don't know, cool can apparition's drinks.
Speaker 3: We should have a little ideal kid down there just for him.
Speaker 4: He might just be enthralled and just listen to them all over and over and over. But eternal torture as part of his damnation he's experiencing. He's locked into this dimension and he can't go away listening to a strange thing all day. I made a rhyme.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got some video and stuff that's all there, and we're gonna get a little more in depth of what I experienced. But this is more high level. We're doing high level today. At about twelve thirty, after the full tour and not seeing anything, then I left and I went to a second.
Speaker 3: Location, Spooky location, Spooky location number two, Spooky.
Speaker 4: Location number two.
Speaker 2: All over this broad land of ours a bit of war. He's being fought against tuberculosis able warriors armed with modern weapons around the firing line. How goes the battle? Come with me on a journey and let's see a lot is being done.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you the pre story just little bit so before I got to Twin Falls. I was driving down there and realizing that I was going to have to drive home like late, yeah, like one in the morning, and after having a beer, probably because I got a sample the wares, Yeah right, and it makes you sleepy, and I was like, I don't want to drive all the way back. And then I remembered about a sanitarium in Gooding, Idaho, which was a tuberculosis hospital. I'm trying to think when it was. Actually I think it was. The hospital itself was built in like nineteen seventeen, and it wasn't originally built as a hospital. It was built as a college. A lot of history, yeah, a lot of history. And then I think the school shut down in like nineteen thirty eight, couldn't quite make it, and there were some other schools that popped up and took over, and then the structure opened back up in the nineteen forties when there was a huge outbreak of tuberculosis in the United States and so they had these tuberculosis hospitals popping up all across the right. Now, this is before they developed the antibiotic that basically would cure you of tuberculosis, and so people were dying and if you had it. A lot of people were going to these sanitariums or these these tuberculosis hospitals and they would go there and they would try to.
Speaker 3: You know, rest because you know, modern the medicine at the time was just right perfect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know perfect not yeah, no, the medicine was pretty primal. I mean, I mean it was like it was like nineteen forties.
Speaker 3: They were like, let's put a leach on your nose and put you in the sunlight.
Speaker 4: You know what. The one of the treatments was they would actually puncture your lung with a tube and a lot of times it would collapse lung, so it actually make the condition worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a doc holiday from Yeah, he had it from Tombstone, yep.
Speaker 4: And a lot of people died from it. But they would go to tuberculosis hospitals, which they also called sanitariums. It doesn't mean insane's sanitary place for healing.
Speaker 3: If you need more information on Sana Charums, look up Metallic.
Speaker 4: And it was a tuberculosis hospital from like the nineteen forties all the way through nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 3: In fact, it.
Speaker 4: Was one of the best hospitals that specialized in TB in the entire country during its time.
Speaker 3: Oh cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But it officially closed down in like nineteen seventy six, but it probably waned in like the nineteen sixties as soon as they started getting the antibiotics available. Game over for TB. Right, So anyway, the hospital then kind of closed down and then it was other things, and then it opened back up here, I don't know, maybe ten years ago as a hotel, and it was a haunted hotel. Nice. So on my way down to Milner's game, I decided I'd swing through Gooding, which is a little out of the way, maybe fifteen miles, and I swung through the town and I drove up and I thought, hey, you know, maybe I could stay there. But I didn't know much about it other than I knew that they had done a special on it on the Travel Channel as a haunted building. So I went there and went up to the door, and it was like, there's no office sign or anything like that. So you kind of go up and it's like this old hospital and you open the door, you know, and you go inside and there's nobody around, but there's like a doorbell, and the doorbell is by this one of these weird doors. As you came inside, ring the doorbell, and pretty soon this litt lady comes out, very nice lady, and I said, Hey, I've heard this place is haunted. Can I rent a room? And she kind of laughed, and she told me about that the Travel Channel had been there and they had done a special on it and it had just aired. So I was like, oh, I'm going to check that out, so we have links to that. She also said that in I think it was that next weekend, which would have been two weeks ago, that ghost Hunters was going to be there. Yeah, so they were coming to check out this haunted place as well. Oh Nelly, And she said, you know, normally we don't rent anything on Mondays through Wednesdays because they just don't have enough people and so they don't want to have to staff it.
Speaker 3: But she's on a weekend thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah it is. But she said, you know what, if you want, there won't be any other guests here or anything, but I'll rent your room. No, if you don't mind, Yeah, if you don't mind being all alone and this big hotel by yourself, yeah, I'll rent your room.
Speaker 3: So I said, yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: So she gave me. It was like fifty eight bucks. It was pretty cheap. And I want to tell you, if anybody wants to go stay there. It's actually kind of a neat place. I mean, it's it's creepy, but at the same time, they've got some things that are kind of cool. Like if I was going to go and have like a family reunion and find a place that where I could everybody could sleep, and there's a dining room, there's a movie theater, and there's things like that, this is an awesome place to do it. Oh cool, So anyway, shout out if.
Speaker 3: You want to do that.
Speaker 4: And plus it's got that mystique of like hauntedness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of little yeah backstory, yep.
Speaker 4: So after I left Milner's Gate, I drove and I was disappointed because I didn't see James the Ghost. I drove to Goodie, Idaho, and this is all part of our kickoff. And I go into my room like twelve thirty one in the morning. I've got a little video of me walking in for the first time.
Speaker 3: I'm up the stairs and go.
Speaker 4: Into my room and they'd put the little heater on for me and stuff laid down was wondering if I was going to see something, because the famous apparitions that happened at that place were a white coated, angry elderly.
Speaker 3: Man, oh like a doctor or something.
Speaker 4: Like a doctor or something, or an old dude that died there maybe, and then also a mom and young child. Yeah, and you know, if for any of anybody out that's seen the shining of the two little.
Speaker 3: Girls standing on the hallway.
Speaker 4: This place has that kind of creepy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, creep So I go there in the middle of the night and you walk in on the floorboards and they creak. Yeah, it's every time you take a step. Everything was creaking and making weird noise and kind of looked around a little bit. But I was tired, so I went in and went to bed, and then I had one experience a middle of the night, which I'm going to talk about later me on our other episode, but it was pretty cool, And then woke up at the morning refreshed. I didn't shower though I didn't know how warm the water was going to be because the sink water was very warm, so I didn't want to try the shower water, and got tons of pictures of that place too on our website, go to episodes and then look where it says spooky and strange detail. Oh okay, yeah, so if you click on that, it'll open up and there's like some links and pictures and all that fun stuff and media links. So that was my kickoff for this topic of awesome.
Speaker 3: That's a good kickoff, it is. I like how like one of your first kickoffs was without me.
Speaker 4: I know, it's kind of I was kind of bummed, but at the.
Speaker 3: Same time time, but the soloness of it, I think kind of makes it more.
Speaker 4: I was hoping that if it was, there was some kind of encounter that the whatever that is, we're going to be talking about what causes apparitions, What could they be? You are the ghosts or they demons? Are they aliens?
Speaker 3: Or the yellow he sleep paralysis?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And a really bad dream?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Right? Did you eat the wrong.
Speaker 2: Bed?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So we're going to be talking about those kind of things. But I was kind of hoping that maybe I ate a bad tortilla or mushroom and I was going to have like some kind of experience and and uh, I thought, maybe alone, you're more apt to have experience, And you know, that too. But honestly, I had two notable strange occurrences that happened, one at each place. And I'll talk about this cool when we get into a little bit. Other than that, it was pretty much kind of a boomer as far as like filling my.
Speaker 3: Need to be haunted things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't get haunted, which is weird because like you talk to people, and some people when they talk about hauntings or apparitions or afterlife or ghosts, I mean, they are like full unbelievers. They believe it. I asked Brian, I said, Brian, do you believe this is like a real ghost, this James guy that's haunting Milner's Gate? Is it a real ghost?
Speaker 3: Are you sure?
Speaker 4: You know? What? What do you think? And he goes, oh, you know, before I started working here and experiences stuff, you know, I was maybe ninety percent I believe that there was something, but I wasn't sure ninety percent. He said, Now I'm one hundred and fifty percent sure.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, overachiever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And like the owner of the of the sanitarium, well the University Inn, I think is what they call it now and Gooding she has experienced the encounter of meeting that angry older white guy. Yeah, ghost or apparition or whatever it is. And then three other people experienced the hat Man at Milner's Gate.
Speaker 3: That's a scary one to me. Like those shadow people. Yeah, but we'll get into the whole different types of apparitions and stuff like that. But the hat Man, the shadow people, the what do they call it, the Old Wench or.
Speaker 4: The Yeah, and then they have like the Children of the Black Eyes, and those are shadow people, but they're all kind of connected.
Speaker 3: But the shadow people in your room at night, because so many people have reported the same thing freak me out. I know, I know, and I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: And I also know another guy. His name is Brian. I'm going to try to get him to tell his story because he had a story about hat Man from when he was a little kid.
Speaker 3: Different Brian's scars, Yeah, different, different Brian. Yeah.
Speaker 4: What is it with Brian's and apparitions.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know, But anyway, this Brian had an experience with hat Man when he was a little kid, and it's something that he always remembered, but he never really talked about, but it always stuck in his mind. And then one night he was listening to Coast to Coast AM or one of those stations, some late night scary thing, and they were talking about hat Man, and it clicked. He goes, That's what I saw, right, That's what I saw. And so he wrote a little story and sent it in to this radio program and they actually read it online because it was It's like a big deal to him. He remembers it. So I'd like to get his story on this as well, which begs the question, what are these things? What the heck are these things?
Speaker 3: Who knows? Are there?
Speaker 4: Are they really ghosts? Do people really die? Get caught in between this life and the next?
Speaker 3: You never know?
Speaker 4: Is it like multi dimensional where there's like where the fabric between those two are thin? Like at hell? You know, we just went through Halloween, and that's kind of the history of Halloween. They believe these spirits can cross over at certain times. I mean, is it that kind of thing? Is it mass hallucinations?
Speaker 3: Is it like the energy of the things that have happened on that specific location just consistently manifesting, like the traumatic event just keeps repeating itself right there, right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, and I just read an article two days ago about it said something evil. The perception of evil is caused by people that have a lot of illness and sickness in their culture, So like Africa and yeah, places Millennium, Yeah, where you know, they are trying and they're looking for explanations for bad things happen, and so they personify evil. That's what they believe it's evil. So they think it's more of, you know, a way for people to come to grips with like bad things. So they come up and they manifest them as like well, these are ghosts or these are whatever, but.
Speaker 3: Who knows what it is.
Speaker 4: But it's gonna be fun talking about this stuff because there's so much weird stuff out there, right you know, we're talking about Milner's Gate, we'll talk about the sanitarium, the university in in Goodie, and Idaho. We might talk about Strychner Ranch outside of Twin Falls because it has a long history and there's the murders that took place there.
Speaker 3: Right around where we live. We have the Idaho State State Penitentiary, which we could easily get in there for a day for even tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, And you know that's just the tip of the Iceberg, spooky. These things are everywhere, and for our listeners, you are thinking of your own places right now. You know places where you heard scary, strange things, and that's what we're gonna be talking about. And we want you to share your stories of strange apparitions with us my story at a strange thing dot com type in your story, you'll get some free swag if we use your story, and we'll probably do a special program kind of like we did a Strange Thing in the woods. We're gonna do a spooky thing at a strange place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every few episodes. You know, we don't have a set number, but once we get enough stories backlogged, we'll pick out a few that we really like send those people a little bit of swag. I'm looking at a few of our really cool stickers right now that we just and we'll send you some swag. We'll use your stories and we'll narrate them in whatever way, maybe some minor embellishment for dramatic effect, but the actual sound effects well yeah, sound effects, who knows, more dramatic writing, but we won't change the actual story.
Speaker 4: No, we'll do your story, then we'll tell it the best we can if you're so inclined, you would like to tell your story, record your own voice telling the story, and send us the audio.
Speaker 3: File and maybe we'll use that, which would be awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we could totally cut that in and use that, and that would be so great.
Speaker 3: All right, So next time, let's really break down what each kind of apparition we're dealing with is, what are we seeing at Millner's Gate? What are we seeing at the university in Yeah, that's the plan.
Speaker 4: So we went high level, and now we're going to dig into the specific things that happened and that other people have seen or experienced at these locations, and then we'll throw in a couple extra bonus locations as well, and then we're going to go into at a later date, we're going to go into what are these things?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What are hat people? Yeah?
Speaker 4: What are have people? What in the heck are people? Or And we might not be able to answer it, like we couldn't answer the cattle mulation stuff, but we threw out a bunch of ideas, right, and that's what we're going to do here regurgitated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all over that.
Speaker 4: So we hope we've perked your interest. We hope We've thrown enough out there to get you to want to tune in as we dive into these things. It's going to be a little spooky, but it's also going to be very informative.
Speaker 3: Ye, And it's going to be strange, And we want to remind you we're out there for some of these experiences. You know, we're going to these locations. Yet I wasn't able to go this time on Friday. I'm having a baby. Yeah, you know, we've got that in our calendar. So my dad went down without me. He went and he looked, he poked around, and he had some experiences I did. I think some of them were explainable some of them. One of them was one of them explainable, the other one not so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And one of the explainable ones may or may not be what it was. Yeah. Yeah. And then you think about the symbol of what I saw the next day. That brings in a whole new paradigm.
Speaker 3: That's foreshadowing. That's where you guys aren't on the same pages. I'm not on the same page.
Speaker 4: So but anyway, Yeah, come back, listen to our next episodes. We're gonna get deep dive.
Speaker 3: We've hoped you.
Speaker 4: Enjoyed these little excerpts of people presenting their stories in this episode. We're gonna hear more from them, probably.
Speaker 3: Hopefully next time you hear my voice, I'll be enjoying a tuna tower, a tuna tower, or.
Speaker 4: Changing the diaper and a baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more likely not enjoying a tuna tower.
Speaker 4: No, anyway, until next time, thanks for joining us, and have a great week.
Speaker 3: Ye so join us next time for some cold drinks, some strange conversations, and some spooky, spooky stories.
Speaker 4: Yeah sounds good. Hi guys, this is Mike once more, just jumping in just to let everyone know that last night Austin and his wonderful, beautiful wife Shelby had a bouncing baby boy six pounds seven ounce's good looking kid, lots of hair, and I just gotta say it's such a wonderful, strange thing to watch a new child enter the world. Welcome to the world, baby Bennett. I hope someday you get to do a podcast with your dad. Teeters. Everyone