Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We kind of knew this was going to happen, right, somebody's had had.
Speaker 3: To roll, I think. So the White House is expected to announce soon the departure of National Security Advisor Mike Waltz and his deputy Alex Wong.
Speaker 1: Is this to save Pete hag Seth because the headlines overnight didn't get any better. There was another report that behind closed doors, Donald Trump is fuming about the hag Seth and about all of the rumors about the Pentagon being chaos and the whole bit. So is this a way to kind of quiet all the hag Seth stuff down.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it if it will. I mean, it may be an attempt to, but I don't know if it does. Necessarily, this is not official, but all the news agencies, major news agencies have been reporting this from sources that security National Security Advisor Mike Waltz is going to be leaving in the coming days. And again, Mike Waltz is the first one to come on scrutiny after he put together that signal chat that inadvertently included Jeffrey Goldberg, one of the editors in chief from the Atlantic magazine. This was of course about the military strike on Hooty targets in Yemen and included some pretty sensitive information about that that also included Marco Rubio and Pete Hegsath, Secretary of Defense, and on and on. But it was the reporter that was involved that really got the questions flowing about whether Mike Waltz was in the right place at the right time. He did admit behind closed doors that it was in fact his phone that somehow started this signal chat and somehow included Jeffrey Goldberg, but Waltz never made an offer about resigning. White House officials were the ones who were kind of debating whether they should ask for it, if they should have the President force it to happen. But the President did not ask Mike Waltz to step down at the time, and in fact signaled his support for Mike Waltz soon by saying recently by calling Mike Walls a good man, saying that he learned a lesson. As of right now, White the President is speaking, there's a national Day of prayer, event that he's holding at the Rose Garden right now, but hasn't mentioned this.
Speaker 1: Names for a replacement have been discussed around the West Wing for weeks, but the plans to remove walls potentially as soon as now, gained steam reportedly in recent weeks. This is according to Let's See. Politico talked to five people who wanted to remain anonymous, too, confirmed that the talks about who to replace him with have been going on for weeks. He would be the first senior level departure in the second Trump administration, the stunning fall. It's been called for the former Member of Congress from Florida, a military veteran as well. It's unclear who would step in to run this NSC. Currently, the leading name is Trump's Special ENVOYE. Steve Whitkoff, who is the guy kind of in charge, the point person when it comes to negotiations with Russia, Aroan and Hamas and Gaza. Other possible contenders include his top policy chief Stephen Miller, National Security Council Senior Director for counter Terrorism Sebastian Gorka, and Trump's Special Envoy for Special Missions A.
Speaker 2: Richard Grennell.
Speaker 1: But we've got diplomatic ties that are not tied in several theaters. Right now, we've got Ukraine and Russia, We've got Israel and Palestine, we could potentially have India and Pakistan. Now is the time to have somebody that is experienced in diplomatic matters dealing with the full plate.
Speaker 3: John Bolton thinking, no, that is President Bolton, to bring him back. There is some report. I mean, we'll find out over the course of the next hours and days exactly what led up to this decision. But again, sources have said that Mike Waltz is going to be out as National Security Advisor very soon. The Laura Lumer connection here can't be dismissed as well. Laura Lumer is this far right balloon headed well, she has no role in the administration other than she's a gadfly who's been in the President's ear of time.
Speaker 2: She has something that he listens to.
Speaker 3: But she was able to convince him to fire several members of the National Security Council and some of the top officials, including the Director of the National Security Agency, General Tim Hawe, because she told Trump he's not loyal to you. She also went after Alex Wong, who again is the Jacke Mike.
Speaker 2: Wols He's Chinese, sir. He is operating for China. Get rid of him.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing about Trump. He likes to fire people. He doesn't need a lot of.
Speaker 3: H reason.
Speaker 1: He doesn't need people rallying around him telling him who to fight. He already wants to fire people. So any added applause in that way, and that's what she's doing.
Speaker 2: She loves it, and he loves it. So it's a yes person.
Speaker 3: I forgot about this. But when after the whole signal gate thing came out, Mike Waltz went onto Fox News and did an interview, and he didn't do a very good interview. He had a hard time explaining how it was that Jeffrey Goldberg's number was included in that signal chat. Not because I mean maybe part of it is because he doesn't know how it works, but also, how do you even if you are saying you are not in contact and have never spoken with Jeffrey Goldberg, how does his number show up in your phone? And how is it so easily transferred into you making a list in this signal app for a chat group? How does his number even come up? Who were if you were thinking that you were inviting Jeffrey Goldstein, and Jeffrey Goldberg's name came up because it self filled, you know, auto filled your He didn't have any explanation for it, which made the whole thing even worse. And then his deputy, Alex Wong, of course, is the one that is going to be going with him again. President Trump is speaking right now. There's a National Day of Prayer event at the White House Rose Garden, but he hasn't talked about this yet. I'm not sure if he's going to be taking any questions, and if he does, this will be obviously the first question.
Speaker 1: Trump has talked about his tariffs today resulting in fewer and costly are products in the US, saying that kids might have two dolls instead of thirty dolls. Is he being Mommy dearest here and telling you you have too many toys? Or is he saying that Trader joe is the way to go with fewer options. Either there's two dollars to pick from in the store, right like the way it used to be, Like it is a Trader Joe's where you've got one option if you want to buy cinnamon, not seventy six. Or is he saying your kid's not going to have as much to play with because it costs more. Two different ways to take it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: A couple of stories that are going on. Of course, the news that broke just before the show started. It looks as if National Security Advisor Mike Waltz is going to be out. He and a deputy expected to sort of pay the price for the signal app chat that broke in the middle of February.
Speaker 1: Before we get to Trump on China and the tariffs. Sound about your chance at one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars just enter this nationwide on our website.
Speaker 3: When that's when wim.
Speaker 4: Edward now at KFIAM six forty dot com, slash cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, Winning is everything called the winning Attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com Again.
Speaker 3: When is your keyword? It goes on the website an hour from now. We'll give you another shot at one thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: I was listening to John yesterday, John Cobelt, The John Cobelt Show, and I heard him refer to Kamala Harris as doritos Kamala And I texted Deborah Mark and I'm like.
Speaker 2: What is he talking about with the doritos?
Speaker 1: And he's like in Deborah's like, oh, you haven't heard that clip, and she said, I'll have Eric sent it to you.
Speaker 2: He sends it to me.
Speaker 1: And this was a clip from Kamala Harris last It was in March, so two months ago. Now that it is may snuck up on us. Mid March, she was doing a speech about AI in Vegas and she weaves in Nacho.
Speaker 2: Chi to ritos, it is really bad.
Speaker 1: And that coupled with her coming out speech targeting Trump and the tariffs and using the elephants from the San Diego Zoo to highlight her point.
Speaker 2: It's all very bad.
Speaker 1: It's all reminding you how very bad of a presidential candidate she was and how she will be the next governor of California probably.
Speaker 2: Now listen, we'll get a lot of mileage out of it.
Speaker 1: It'll be hilarious if you don't take it seriously, if you do, it's very sad.
Speaker 2: But we'll get into that coming up next.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, Trump says, your kids, well, they make it two dollars instead of thirty.
Speaker 5: Look right now, and I told you before, they're having tremendous difficulty because their factories are not doing business. China, that is, they made a trillion dollars when Biden, the trillion dollars even a trivion.
Speaker 6: One with Biden selling this stuff much of a we don't need.
Speaker 5: You know, somebody said, all the shelves open. Well, maybe the children will have two dolls instead of thirty dollars, you know, and maybe the two dolls will closet a couple of bucks more than they would normally.
Speaker 6: But we're not talking about something that we have to go out of our way. They have ships that are loaded up with stuff, much of which not all of it, but much of which we don't need. And we have to make a fair of you.
Speaker 5: We've been ripped off by every country in the world, but China, I would say, is the leading, the leading one, the leading tendidate for the chief ripper offer.
Speaker 7: Okay, did it, von? I have thirty dolls. It's a lot of dolls, the Chief Ripper offer. Now Kamala Harris talks about Dorito's and is rambling and weird, and he comes up with a term like Chief Ripper Offer. Yeah, I mean it's not great.
Speaker 3: Why are we settling for this? I said this twelve fifteen years ago. Why are we settling for this? We're settling for these We have better people to be our leaders, and we're Chief Ripper offer and I door dashed Doritos.
Speaker 1: Well, And here's what really irks me about both of these people with those things in particular.
Speaker 2: I feel like they think we're dumb asses.
Speaker 1: I think that they think they're speaking our language when they say things they.
Speaker 2: Good just wanted Dorito's or it's the Chief Ripper.
Speaker 1: Offer, like we're all reading at a second grade level, and.
Speaker 2: Maybe we are, Yeah, maybe we are.
Speaker 3: They're putting it at the lowest common denominator because they believe that that's what they Americans are.
Speaker 1: And they've listened with Americans being fed up with the elite. But it is a far cry from Barack Obama's two thousand and eight speeches and his lofty orations to Chief Ripper offer and I want some notcha cheese doritos. Can we have a happy medium of someone not talking to me like I'm a dumb ass, but actually not putting down any sort of intelligence that I may have.
Speaker 2: I mean, is there a happy medium? There should be, because that's where most of us live.
Speaker 3: But but that doesn't bring that.
Speaker 2: Doesn't get elected, but doesn't get elected.
Speaker 3: There's very there's very little energy behind that kind of a truth, truth speaking normal person. You just don't find them, not in politics.
Speaker 2: Not at a high level, not anymore.
Speaker 3: We did say this yesterday when President Trump was talking about this at the cabinet meeting, he did again sort of lay all of the current stock market issues at the feet of the former president. He said, the Biden, this is Biden's stock market. He said, the terroifts will st soon start kicking in, and companies that are starting to move into the USA and record numbers. That is true, I mean, that part of it is true. And he can't you can't ignore that there are companies that are pledging billions of dollars worth of infrastructure build you know, within their company, infrastructure building in the United States to make sure that whatever happens trade war wise, tariff wise, they do have a stronger footprint here in the United States, which was, Uh, that's the way Trump put it. It's the way he positioned it in the first place. And some of that is actually happening now. Is it going to ramp up right away? No? It takes years for MRK, for example, to build their new facility in Delaware wherever they said they were going to be doing it. But it is pointed in the right direction. So if the economy can hang on that long and Americans can deal with the temporary pain that the President is promising it's only going to be temporary, then we'll see.
Speaker 1: Do we have a May poll for this May first to where we can dance around and root for fertility and things of spring, the awakening of nature a week.
Speaker 3: We need a poll.
Speaker 2: We have a poll around here.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised we don't have a pole. Did we not buy a pole during the panda surprise?
Speaker 3: We didn't, But I think that basketball who might double it?
Speaker 1: Oh you're damn right, look at you, resourceful, mister resourceful.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say something inappropriate.
Speaker 3: Coming to the main stage we have. Don't forget a woman in the autumn of her days.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Democrats seem to be getting a little bit more like this. But man, Trump has got the special sauce when it comes to loyalty.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just set off the air.
Speaker 1: If he killed somebody this morning, we came on the air and we said.
Speaker 3: That's probably not a good thing.
Speaker 1: Trump killed somebody this morning, people would call in and be like, you.
Speaker 8: Guys are dumbasses.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he killed someone, So what blind like several people would do that, You know what?
Speaker 1: That is fine. I'm just making mention that that is a thing that exists. You can say nothing like what is it about this particular person where you basically made fun of a term. He used chief ripper offer as a subpar way of communicating that China rips us off and it's like we took your firstborn baby and slapped the s out of it.
Speaker 3: He was struggling for words. He's trying to figure out what he says. He says cheap ripper offer.
Speaker 5: Leading one the leading candidate for the chief ripper off.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a silly way to put it. I understand he's struggling for That's fine. But if I say something like that was a dumb way to say it. I'm not saying the guy is the devil in knic and you just disembowel him. But people think that.
Speaker 2: That relaxed a little bit.
Speaker 3: You don't have to make excuses for the guy. How young are you, knuckleheads? How young are he?
Speaker 9: Smoked? Cheaper is made up back in the day. Man, That was a that was a reference to childhood and stuff like that. Che That doesn't That doesn't sound weird to me at all. I don't know you guys. You guys lived in You guys saw you didn't play outside.
Speaker 3: Why don't you like cheap?
Speaker 1: You didn't have any friends and you never saw the sun.
Speaker 3: Okay, Gary, stop being a Karen. It's good for what.
Speaker 2: Who cares?
Speaker 3: It's a funny way to say it. Lord, it doesn't matter, all right. Kamala Harris speaking God.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't wait for all the Kamala people to come out of the woodwork and tell me that she's a freaking mensa president. You guys, you guys only don't like Kamala because she's black. Yeah, that's it. You know you didn't hear a chorus of that. I got a course of that a few years ago. No, I I want to like Kamala Harris, and I've said that from go. She just did every return gives me a reason to say, how the hell have you been lifted up to this level in American politics or any industry whatsoever. She doesn't make a lot of sense. And here's the thing she's been told, Hey, you didn't make sense there. If you had one outing where you gave a word salad as a response to anything, most people who rise to this level of whatever it is they do, would be hyper focused on fixing that and making sure it never happened again. Hire somebody, bring somebody close. Do you have a coach, have a speechwriter, something. But here we go again.
Speaker 3: Last night she was at an event up in San Francisco, the Emerge. I think it's called Emerge, and it is designed to help women who want to become politicians, help them campaign, et cetera. So this was her speech last night. They're referring to it as sort of her dipping her toe back into politics for the first time since she got out of the White House.
Speaker 10: So here's the other things I wanted to talk about tonight, and to highlight So, look, some people are describing what's been happening in recent months as absolute chaos, and of course I understand why, and it's certainly true of those tariffs, tariffs that, as I predicted, are clearly inviting a recession. But friends, please let us not be dooped into thinking everything is chaos. I know it may feel that way, but understand what we are, in fact witnessing is a high velocity event.
Speaker 3: She goes on to talk about the potential threat to the economy, Okay, the elephants, but then talked about about the elephants.
Speaker 10: Please allow me, friends, to digress for a moment. Okay, it's kind of dark in here. When I'm asked with show of hands, who saw that video from a couple of weeks ago, the one of the elephants at the San Diego Zoo during the earthquake.
Speaker 2: I'm running for governors are.
Speaker 10: In California, so that scene has been on my mind. What everybody's asked me, what you've been thinking about these days?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 2: That's what's been on your mind.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: One of their favorite part is she says, if you haven't seen it, google it, and then she goes on to describe exactly what's in the video, right.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna describe it to you. This was a fun trolling event that it did not go well wait did it?
Speaker 2: Did we have the rest of the elephant stuff?
Speaker 3: Well? Which part of it?
Speaker 2: Right after that?
Speaker 3: I do have a longer version of let me.
Speaker 2: See you yeah, because she goes digress for a moment.
Speaker 3: Go on there that.
Speaker 10: And as soon as they felt the earth shaking beneath their feet, they got in the circle and stood next to each other to protect the most vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, think about it, an.
Speaker 8: Elephants talking about She's trying to compare the country to the Democrats as elephants and an earthquake circling around to protect the most vulnerable?
Speaker 2: Who gave a green light to this analogy? What are we doing? What's happening? And the seriousness with which she puts.
Speaker 3: That story makes her an unserious.
Speaker 2: It's almost like she's gonna cry. And what did the elephants do as soon as they felt the ground?
Speaker 1: First of all, they started acting before the ground shook, because that's the kind of ability elephants have. They knew the ground was about to shake, just like the Democrats should have known that Trump was gonna win again, should have done something other than elect you as the person to take him on.
Speaker 3: Isn't there a little irony?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, they didn't. Oh wait, they didn't pick her.
Speaker 3: She's talking about elephants that are often the symbol of the Republican Party.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: Caroline Levett, White House Press Secretary, this morning, said, let Kamala speak all she wants.
Speaker 8: Sat on the Kamala Harris point.
Speaker 3: I think I speak for everyone at the White House. We encourage Kamala Harris to continue going out and speaking.
Speaker 2: Do speaking engagements.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, me too, because when we come back, I want to get to the doedo stuff. This was a conference where she appeared last month.
Speaker 2: It was in.
Speaker 1: Vegas, it was on AI and she brought up Jerridos in some sort of reference to innovation. I really can't tell you. You be the judge yourself. Listen to the clip when we come back. I heard it last night, referred to on John's show. Deborah Mark helped me and Erica find the audio, and it is something to behold.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Well, I got one. I gotta play. I gotta play this one.
Speaker 2: Okay, this one, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Okay. What were we talking about? How did we start the show? What do we talk about? When we talked about the two dolls thirty dollars, President was saying, China's been ripping us off. Yes, and he used the term the maybe cheap ripper offer.
Speaker 5: The leading one, the leading ten to day for the chief ripper.
Speaker 3: Offer, funny term, little idiotic. He's the president of the United States. He's stumbled for words. We all do it. That's fine, a little silly. I want more from a president. That's what I want. That's all I want. We're talking about Kamala Harris and whatever word jumbled word salad comes out of her face every once in a while as well.
Speaker 11: Man, you guys are so petty, petty, petty, petty. I can't believe how petty are He had to talk about Kamala Harris and what she's saying and making fun of what she says. Have you heard Trump talk you days ever talk about that? You guys old, because that's the way he is and that's why he talks all that crap. But for anyone else it could be I'm so perfect and this is stupid. So petty, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Petty is the word he is now part of. Okay, this is so many things. We just spent ten minutes explaining how the term chief ripper offer completely debases the office of the presidency. It's a made up, stupid term, and I don't know. Again, it doesn't even it's not worth spending time on. But we did just to point out that he's better than that.
Speaker 1: We also continually talk about what dumbasses we are. Are the last people to say we are perfect.
Speaker 3: I literally, I literally have a coffee cup that Justin Warsham made for me because of something stupid I said one time. There's a coffee cup up with it says I can't wait to put the pickles up or the Manny's on him pickles.
Speaker 1: We say stupid crap all the time. Here's the here's the thing. I am not running for president.
Speaker 3: No one follows you around everywhere you go with a nuclear football, no one. No one would do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I also love nacho cheese.
Speaker 3: Dorito's Kamala Harris was at this event talking about artificial intelligence in Vegas. This is why John calls her Dorito's Kamala.
Speaker 12: So we did door dash because I wanted Dorito's and it was they were about the red carpet.
Speaker 3: Part was a bombster.
Speaker 12: Nobody wanted to leave to go to the grocery store.
Speaker 10: So it was door dash and I'm and I'm thinking about this about so.
Speaker 12: I was willing to give up whatever might be the trackings of Kamala Harris's particular fondness for nacho cheese Doritos for the.
Speaker 10: Sake of getting a big bag.
Speaker 13: Of Dorito's, as I watched the oscars.
Speaker 3: That's consumer behavior and that's right. But here's the thing, Oh bring it down.
Speaker 2: At what point do we also.
Speaker 10: Uplift and highlight the consumer's right to also expect And.
Speaker 3: You can debate with me if it should be a right. I think it should to.
Speaker 13: Expect that the innovation would also be weighted in terms of solving their everyday problems, which are beyond my craving for Doritos.
Speaker 2: But about whatever.
Speaker 10: And I know the work is happening around you know, the scientific discoveries, for example, to cure long standing diseases. But I'm gonna throw out another one and you all again please get back to me. An information you have I would love it if there would be an investment of resources and solving the affordable housing issue.
Speaker 1: Like, hell, what freaking bullya base to use your term, Let's throw everything in there and just mix it around.
Speaker 2: What the hell is she talking about?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't need cohesion all the time, but a small whiplash prevention systems?
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 3: The Hans devices that all the race car drivers wear now.
Speaker 1: But if you ever heard of anyone referring to themselves in the third person involving their love of doritos and.
Speaker 2: Shannon Farren wanted not Joe GI's.
Speaker 1: Doritos, and she wanted, like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: It hasn't gotten better. I thought it would get better.
Speaker 1: I thought she was maybe stretch toothin not enough sleep. Whirlwind, Suddenly you're the candidate. I gave her so many allowances for like, I get it, Like that could be crazy.
Speaker 2: She's had time to decompress.
Speaker 1: She has her day's earmarked for chardonnay, and then days when she gives a speech, which are few and far between. You got to get it together for those speeches.
Speaker 3: But if one of the criticisms was she wasn't listening to advisors during the campaign, if anybody came to her afterward and said, we've come up with some ideas to strengthen whatever candidacy you have going forward, whether it's you run for president again or you run for governor. One of the things we have to work on is speeches. And here's why, and then show her some examples of people view this as confusing.
Speaker 1: But if that's the outward Kamala Harris, what's the inward Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If that's your best foot forward. If that is your foot forward, what is going on? What work are you doing? Yeah, I don't know. And that's why she's going to have a hard again. I also do no work. But I'm not just running for governor.
Speaker 3: She is going to run for governor. Right, we're pretty all convinced that she's going to even though she hasn't announced that yet, and she has automatically a leg up on whoever she runs against.
Speaker 2: Just the name.
Speaker 3: It's all just to name recognition. Voters in California don't most of much homework.
Speaker 1: Listening to any of this. They're seeing the pretty smile, All right, girls gone Bible? No, No, what lapd cuts? Oh, that's yeah, that's more important.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Apparently, Karen Bass's budget axing calls for the axing of a significant portion of the LAPD's civilian unit. Michael Monks will join us with all the details when we come back to Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap