Speaker 1: Welcome to the Cult of Cryptis. Strange encounters of frogs and lizards, dumb my nick children, DoD Man, Bigfoot, Mockman and all their victims. Murray pictures captured by shot witness, ufoes breaking lats of physics, Pictures of aliens.
Speaker 2: Carving the high rogue glyphics.
Speaker 3: This is the bizarre world.
Speaker 4: That we live in.
Speaker 1: So sit back, relax, laugh and listen because we're here to talk about some cryptics. This is Tom Thompson Casinos, the Raptilian from Strange Group Podcast, and we're here I called the Conspiracy to talk about some bizarre and strange things. So strap in for this mild and hilarious ride. Now to the show, everybody. The curtains are open. We're checking tickets at the door. It's about to get strange.
Speaker 5: Everybody. Welcome, Welcome, everybody to another classy Stranger episode. You could say, I do like that name. I think it's uh, it's it fits. I'm one of your hosts of this Crazy Cookie podcast. Tom Kat aka Tom Thompson aka the rap Tillian. Who else do I have in this bitch?
Speaker 2: Reverend Kaiju aka the tap Brillian.
Speaker 5: That's funny.
Speaker 4: You know what the worst part about this is every time I don't have any of these cool aliases, so I'm like, and then I feel like if I come up with something, it's like cringey because it's just like trying to copy and be like, yeah, I have one too, I'm just playing.
Speaker 5: Alder Aaron Aaron is in this bitch. I'll think of an alias for you one day, ye if you. It was funny for Antel one of those for a long time on the podcast. I ran out of names eventually, but we would put I would always call Billy something else. It would be like Billy Zane fucking Billy Nelson, the most ridiculous names. Eventually, like I called them billiards one episode, like and eventually I just made brand esteem because I couldn't think of any more. Like so funny though, but yeah, we all have Billy. This is Billy. He's like, I'm Billy, I'm here. So he's like, you're not the only one that doesn't really have a nickname.
Speaker 4: That doesn't make me feel as bad.
Speaker 5: Then we called Billy old Old wide Eyes is his nickname.
Speaker 2: Old.
Speaker 5: So this is really interesting actually, and you know, for our listeners this you'll be hearing this a little more often. We've connected a lot with Aaron, and we all are becoming a little family, So I want to do more classy Stranger episodes. And this will probably lead into another one after this, and we're not gonna mention it just yet, but it'll be this will lead into other podcasts that we'll be doing. It kind of is gonna gonna creep up towards something even even creepier than this. But let's go to Ireland. We're talking about the Irish Vanishing Triangle. And I've never heard about this at all, and I feel like I've heard about a lot of vanishing triangles. Me and Anton just covered the Michigan fucking Triangle like not that long ago, and people are were really digging that episode because it is weird. How many weird At least this one is is slightly different, though it's not like we're majority of like vanishing triangles or like you know, the Bermuda Triangle, or like the one in Japan and how it's like boats and ships go missing. This is just a bunch of women walking down a road and then they disappear.
Speaker 6: Well, the one in Japan we all know is because of Godzilla, so that's that mystery solved immediately.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I think? For years over here it was always kind of out there, but only maybe in more modern times, probably since like the invention of things like these Netflix true crime things. Now all of a sudden it's like mainstream. Yeah, there's been like two or three books. There was a book recently written by a guy called Barry Commons which was like.
Speaker 5: When Come.
Speaker 4: Went Straight to Number One, and it's like it says it's about Ireland's vanished women and children, but it's basically entirely about the Vanishing Triangle.
Speaker 5: Have you finished it yet?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I've actually read it like two or three times. I was just skimming through it. Again.
Speaker 5: You read a book two or three times, Jesus one one round.
Speaker 4: That's normally. Maybe. I don't know why I became fascinated with this. Maybe because it's so close to home.
Speaker 2: Where are you?
Speaker 5: Because I did see the map of you know, it's right, it's it's kind of on the fringes of like kill Kenny and stuff like that, and where are you?
Speaker 4: I'm in Wexford, so I'm down in like the southeast.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, Because I was looking at a map of it, and it is weird. I was like, I, you know, maybe one day I was tucking at my girlfriend. I was like, you know, it'd be nice if, like, if traveling was free, if we lived more of a utopia. It's a fucking farce, but like the fact that it would be cool if it was just super cheap to travel and you could just be able to because I'd love to go to Ireland and like just climb some fucking mountains and ship and go drink at a pub and get all funs.
Speaker 6: I feel like they'd kick you out tom the moment you set foot on Irish soil.
Speaker 2: They just bee like, get let's get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 5: I have Irish blood in me, so I'd be like, it's me and I'm coming back to my home. I chuck it to my I gotta get.
Speaker 3: Oil.
Speaker 6: He has Irish blood in him, but he's trying to get something more than blood in him in Ireland.
Speaker 5: So yeah, there are some good looking shurans.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that's that's what I said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're going to climb mountains, just make sure you don't go anywhere near the Wicklow Mountains because that's where a lot of these stories.
Speaker 5: See lepra cons are from.
Speaker 4: No, this is where all these stories kind of end up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they're women. Men aren't scared.
Speaker 4: Well do you know what? Right? And we'll get into this a little bit later because I want to kind of focus on this guy and he might actually come up in that future episode you're talking about again. Yes, there is a guy by the name of Larry Murphy. And I will say that over here. The name Larry Murphy has always been kind of like, I don't want to say, used as a joke, but like I suppose me and some of the people I hang out with were a bit sick in the head, so it's like, you know, somebody's leaving a party and they're like walking home alone. We live in like a you know, a pretty large town but not large enough to be like a city, you know, and we would always be like, oh, make sure Larry Murphy doesn't get you.
Speaker 5: So you have like a lore to do with it, almost like oh, Ted Bunny's gonna get you, or fucking if you know Walkee, it's like Jeffrey where the chocolate factory, Jeffrey Dahmer is gonna fucking.
Speaker 4: And and then I suppose one of the women that was potentially involved in this whole triangle actually went missing in Wexford. So that's another part of this old story. Yeah, and Larry Murphy has a lot of tides to Wexford.
Speaker 5: And like we said, we'll get into it. Who knows, it might be a serial killer, but it is strange. Let's say that, like all these women did go missing. It is it is a really weird case. A second, how even to like my girlfriend about how how many people do actually go missing and how just vanish without a trace, nobody knows where they are. But in this case it might have been the cops being lazy like a lot of times, you know, se.
Speaker 2: What do you mean in this case?
Speaker 6: That's like the case more often than not when you have missing people and the less dead as a copter.
Speaker 2: Just like I don't really feel like ial with that.
Speaker 5: And yeah, obviously there's a statistic, right you have, like where you know, women are more likely to obviously disappear and they're more scared to be walking on their own. Men are not necessarily the same. I was watching a little video and this woman talks about how this was close to home and she walks everywhere with like fucking hood overhead and her keys in her hand because this shit like freaked throughout and she was around the area of where this was at.
Speaker 4: So rightly, yeah, and I suppose, you know it'd Being in Ireland in the nineties, we were probably a little bit more. I think sometimes when I see maybe like the American, Canadian, even maybe UK perspective on some of this stuff, it seems to be like, you know what, white didn't to do this, White didn't to do that. It was at a time in Ireland where you know, if you didn't live with your family, not talking to them for maybe a week two weeks wasn't really out of the ordinary. There was no cell phones or very very few in Ireland. You know, you had to walk to a phone box.
Speaker 2: Oh no, kidding in the nineties, yeah, no shit, wow.
Speaker 4: So like it was, and I think that had a pretty big part to play in a lot of this stuff. It was a lot more common for you know, people to go maybe a week or two without seeing each other and you know you would be hit, you know, hitching lifts and stuff like that. It just didn't really, I don't think phase a lot of people now it's a bit strange when like you know, every three months somebody's gone missing in this small area. I mean, Ireland is a pretty small country to start with. But then when you actually candense it down into it, basically the triangle is basically we have different we have like we have different constituencies I you would call so Leinster is basically what covers this entire triangle. So kind of said from like Dublin down a fire is somewhere like Waterford and then across to Wexford and then back up to Dublin. So it kind of forms a triangle. It's a very like it's strange. It's a very large area but also an extremely small area I think for so many people to go missing from.
Speaker 5: Missing yeah, yeah, well let's get into it. The term Ireland's Vanishing Triangle was coined by the Irish media in relation to unexplained disappearances of six women throughout Eastern Ireland during the mid nineteen nineties. The assumed first victim in the Vanishing Triangle is one of Ireland's most famous missing person cases, The American woman of Annie mccarmickmath against mccarnick, who went missing in the spring of nineteen ninety three, for whatever reason, some of the cases in this series obviously garner more attention than others from law enforcement, the media, in the public. By nineteen ninety eight, numerous women had been portedly missing in the Eastern Ireland during the previous five years. When nineteen year old is her name, Deirdre Deirdre Deirdre Jacob, vanished just yards from her home in the summer of nineteen ninety eight, the Irish Police Commissioner Pat Bryan set up an operation to Trace in hope of obviously determining if these six specific cases involving missing women were linked or if say, maybe is serial killer or killers were operating through the Eastern region of Ireland. The number of cases in this series has been a long obviously disputed, as there are possible links to cases going far back as the nineteen eighties, so this is quite prevalent. And they I think it just seemed like a lot of the cases they were like, oh, you know, people fucking people just you know, leave and they go hang out with their friends and then they're gone for two weeks. Okay, bud no.
Speaker 6: But that makes sense if the communication is so scarce that it's like okay, well you know, they just got busy and didn't want to call somebody, So it's not you can just shoot a text and be like, hey, what are you up to?
Speaker 5: Since I don't have to fucking read anything, I'm gonna hit a bomb with them. I just bought this new one. It's cool. It's like, look at it. It's got a little weird fucking shit.
Speaker 2: It's a nifty little bong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like you said you're in sorry, you said you're from Wexford, right, yeah, Okay, I pulled up a map of Ireland just to get a frame of reference to what you're talking about, and you were saying it goes from like Dublin to Arklow to Kilkenny.
Speaker 2: That's what the triangle is. Or is it it's Dublin to Wexford.
Speaker 4: That kill Yeah, Well, you see, I suppose if you add in, like a lot of these cases are disputed and and over time now have kind of been disregarded and people say that they aren't part of the Vanish and triangle. But I think if you include like majority of the cases, and there's even more than we'll probably talk about today. Yeah, it goes from Dublin basically to Wexford. Then kind of I would say across as far as like the Waterford area, which would be just.
Speaker 2: Like, oh no, shit, Yeah, that's that's pretty big.
Speaker 6: That's like I take what like a third of the country itself, not counting Northern Ireland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fucking nuts.
Speaker 5: You think if I dressed up like a woman who walked around this area that I would go missing, I would go vanishing, you know, just cross dress a little bit. Are you allowed to say that anymore?
Speaker 4: So, Like in the first case, the most famous one, and I would imagine it's because she's she was an American living in Dublin, is probably why that was the most like looked at. Yeah. The story goes that on the days she was last seen, she she left her apartment and she had I think she had rang somebody, a friend or something like that, or someone she was in college or studium, and she wanted to go and visit the Wicklow Mountains. Now I actually made a note of this for anybody who doesn't have any reference. So the Wicklow Mountains are the largest continuous upland area in the public of Ireland. It's spread across several counties from Dublin wickl Carolina Wexford. The area consists of dense bogland and grass, with only three major passes going through the mountains that are less than two thousand feet So it's it's a hugely popular tourist attraction.
Speaker 2: Like it's gorgeous. I can see why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like and even with Irish people it's it's quite popular. But the area is so dense with like overgrown forestry and different things like that. I just found it really bizarre. And maybe because she was, you know, not as I suppose, maybe privy to that area, but it just it sounded really bizarre to me that she she went to a supermarket or a grocery store at like, I think three forty pm that day and then after that got a bus from where she was out towards the Wicklow Mountains. Me at four pm heading for an area like that seems really really bizarre.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what are you doing there?
Speaker 2: Like, like do people tent camp there and everything?
Speaker 5: Or is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, mostly you can do.
Speaker 4: But I don't think that was I didn't. I couldn't find anywhere that was ever her intention. So when her friend turned down the offer and said she couldn't make it, she decided to get the bus and go anyway, and she didn't bring she didn't bring anything that like indicated that she was like, you know, staying anywhere. So it was just it seems really weird to me that she was making a journey out to someone like that.
Speaker 5: This is not the one that the parents thought were suicidal, right, or is it.
Speaker 4: There's a couple of cases where that kind of comes up, and I don't know if that's just something that people used to like dismiss.
Speaker 5: Or whatever, but yeah, because it's quite possible. Like in one I don't know what woman it was, and they're talking about how her parents thought she was kind of suicidal, but they she gave no indications of like a letter or anything like that. And I was like, sometimes people just do it. They don't think about anything else, and they just go when they get the deed done.
Speaker 6: Well, there are yeah, there are a lot of people that do com to commit suicide who everyone just says that I had no idea. It's like because they've kept it completely bottled up. So it's always possible, but.
Speaker 5: It is weird, Like what drove he to this place? Is there any do you know in this forestry? Is there any other folklore? Like to do with is there any like I don't know, fucking Irish bigfoot sightings or entities or any weird folklore surrounding.
Speaker 4: The forest And it's weird, not that I really know of, to be honest, and like I'm always like, damn, I wish it was we had like a big foot story or something. But honestly, right, and this sounds a little bit, but Larry Murphy is actually like I would consider him like something like that. Yeah, he is like this strange like myth of like you know, I think, after all this happened and we'll see a little bit later something that he done in the Wicklow Mountains that kind of made him infamous and since then, like he's over here and even throughout Europe he's like considered, like you know, an extremely extremely dangerous person, and so much so I would say he's even considered the most dangerous person in Ireland. Or he's alive and in jail or as he no, he's walking around free. And he's lived in multiple areas around Leinster, which would be around that you know area that he grew up, in different places. He's been spotted in Dublin, he's been spotted in Wexford. He's spotted in Waterford.
Speaker 5: And he is said to be a serial killer.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, he's connected to at least four of these. Wow, and you'll see a little bit later. I've done a little bit more digging and there's way too many coincidences and there's way too many strange like he shows up in the background in like other cases somehow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is weird. And considering me and Anton mentioned it right where, it's just like, you know how you don't like people like serial color stuff like that. It's like if you're connected to like two people missing, all right, that's suspicious. But when it's like you're connected to four people, it's just like just gone vanished, missing, don't know where they are. It's like, ah, you if any of us had a connection to one, we would be called in by the cops.
Speaker 6: And oh yeah we're gonna be we're gonna be fucking interrogated, like there's no tomorrow.
Speaker 5: But yeah, fucking weird.
Speaker 6: And like one person, you can almost kind of be like, Okay, well they knew a lot of people or they knew so and so it's not just this one person, but two people. They're just like, hey, what's going on here? Why are you, you know, connected to so many people that are missing?
Speaker 2: So what's the deal? There's just not enough evidence to.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, and like you'll see now after we I'll do a quick run through of some of the cases first and then you'll kind of see after that, then we'll tell you back into him. But like, look, Ireland is a lot smaller obviously than the States, Canada, England, different places like that. But I don't believe that it's small enough for you him to coincidentally be in all these different places and know all these different people and it just happens to be like, oh, yeah, you know, I'm just a guy who likes to kind of travel around the country. It's like, how are you always around like this?
Speaker 2: How do you always hear when something bad happens?
Speaker 6: Like you're either connected or you're a harbinger, in which case, fuck off.
Speaker 4: Y there With this case of Anie McCarrick as well, there was a doorman for a pub in Glenn Collin called Johnny Fox's, and he said that he had seen her there that night with an unknown mail. Nobody ever saw her or the male leave the pub, and nobody's ever come forward. No one's ever identified him. A lot of people think it's a mistaken identity. That night was like wet, windy, like extremely dark, and the area that she got off the bus would have been six kilometers away.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, and you never never rely on people's memories. Yeah, it's been proven time and time again. People's memories suck, especially when it comes to true crime events.
Speaker 6: Well that's why eyewitness accounts are only, you know, half taken into account on short case and stuff. You need actual physical evidence to convict somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, take a picture next time. Just take a picture everywhere you go to take pictures of people. Okay, eventually there'll be a murder around you and you'll be able to be like, this is the guy, this is what you look like. Just yeah, wait, the governments are you doing that? They got cameras everywhere, so we're fine.
Speaker 4: And in recent years, actually there was talk of an IRA killer who apparently was a regular in that pub and he was there that night and he got talking with her. Apparently she was like quite an attractive girl.
Speaker 5: So tell people what the IRA is if they don't know, because there's some Canadians and Americans I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: It's the Irish Republican Army.
Speaker 5: There was beef going on in the nineties, wasn't there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like the eighties, nineties, wasn't it like a long time because it's the whole.
Speaker 2: Northern Ireland England connection, right.
Speaker 4: And like and again this this will sound ridiculous, but I suppose being in a country as small as Ireland, like I will probably I would imagine when this comes out, you're probably Vanish. Well, this will be around. So that's why I had like, and this sounds this might sound ridiculous some people, but I like to be a little bit careful about some topics because the IRA. Some people don't believe that that's the thing, or it's like stuff on like movies whatever. It's really real and a lot of people who were involved in the IRA are now like retired or I want to call it. And they scattered throughout the country. So but are you talking.
Speaker 5: About this You're gonna get a fucking hip put on your head.
Speaker 4: Well, they were, they're essentially this is not my opinion, but they were essentially a terrorist group and done a lot of crazy things. And you know, for a long time, I think it was pitched to the Irish people that it was like they were defending the land and you know, they were like sticking it to the English and they were doing this and they were doing that. And then over time it turned out that a lot of these dudes were like child rapist martyrs, like would just like do loads of crazy ship to people whoever they want to and get away with it. Then over time I think guys kind of like fizzled out of the IRA, but kind of I suppose use their connections and stuff to become like hitman.
Speaker 5: And I know you like you like killing, you like killing right, like you got it. There are certain people right that even join like the army or the military or go to like be rushing to go to war just because they want to get that thrill. And then they start getting used to it was actually in a war setting, and you start getting used to like killing people or you know, then you're like I kind of like this this is my purpose. I'm good at this, and that's.
Speaker 6: Those are the ones that usually go career and volunteer for a bunch of crazy shit. Because those people, honestly, at least in America, more often than not, those people don't come back.
Speaker 2: They end up getting killed in battle.
Speaker 5: Everyone praises the sniper what's his name, Chris whatever, Kyle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not even gonna fucking go into that fucking Nazi.
Speaker 5: I think he's a psycho.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's absolutely. I don't. I just I don't know, man, I'm not I'm not pro war so either.
Speaker 4: So the yeah, apparently, now I don't know how true this is, right, Kobe, just one of those like fucking rumors that people make up. Apparently he had got talking to her. Now, she had no knowledge that this dude had ever been involved in hanging, and they got talking about their lives, and as the drink was flown that there was a possibility that he had slipped something about something he had done or been involved in, and then as a result, somebody there with him had said, you know, no, we need to she needs to go, Like asap.
Speaker 5: I used to know this girl, like I used to know this girl. She's she's she's vanished. But I have nothing to do with it. Don't worry. He's like, you're drunk and you end up like spilling some spilling some beans. You ever see what blood looks like in the pale white moonlight, and it's just like, what.
Speaker 4: Are you talking man now, I like, I don't know. There there is a lot more. I didn't really dig too much into it, but there is a whole backstory about that particular theory. A New York based lawyer, Michael Griffith and a team of private investigators said that they had credible information that led them to believe that Annie was never at the pub and was apparently seen by a woman, Margaret Wogan in Poppy's Cafe in Enna Scary. She said that Annie was with a man with a very square face, and this led authorities to believe, although never having released the information, that this was a man that she had an intimate relationship with while living in Ireland.
Speaker 5: Okay, and there's just nothing else that's it strange.
Speaker 6: It just sounds like someone strung together a theory really quick. And they're like they was fucking.
Speaker 5: Like very are they talking about that serial killer? When they say very square face? Dude, so that's something? Does he have a very square face? When I want what is his name, I'm gonna fucking bring up an image.
Speaker 4: Of Larry Murphy. I can't say his name to him. If I might summon him, he comes up behind you. He's a weird looking motherfucker. So I suppose that why you dude looks like trouble. Yeah, he's a freaky dude.
Speaker 2: That says he's a convicted rapist.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so and it's funny thing is what the thing he was convicted of, which we'll get to in a minute, actually has nothing to do with the vanishing triangle.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's really weird. So three months after this, I suppose, in the in you know, the aftermath of this whole whirlwind case of Anni McCarrick, a woman called Eva Brennan went missing. Authorities didn't seem to care as much about this case. Eva was said to be very much a creature of habit and walked from church to her parents' house every Sunday to have dinner. She arrived at her parents' house at around one pm with the intention to have dinner, as they did every single weekend. Apparently, a small argument broke out over something as insignificant and trivial as what they were going to have for dinner that evening between Eva and her siblings. This caused her to leave her parents' house. That following Tuesday, Nobody had seen her, and her parents decided to visit the flat or apartment. The place seemed to be spotless and untouched, while some of her items were missing from the apartment. Her father noted that the jacket that she was wearing in the house in their house on that Sunday was in the apartment, which may indicate that she had returned her before she went missing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, didn't they have to break in? They had to break her window to get in, They asked, some dude, OK, here, how many fucking break this window.
Speaker 4: The road that she had to travel to get home from her parents house was extremely busy road, and the family were all very well known in the area, which is unusual that nobody's seen her from the time she left to head home. Her family later revealed that she saw with bouts of depression from time to time, and this furthered the guardies dismissal of her disappearance and the case in general. There was no DNA or any real investigation for nerdie Mont, and this may have hindered the case.
Speaker 2: No investigation for anything.
Speaker 5: Said, she probably like she was an adult, right, so they didn't like. They just said she just probably left. They always do this. We're like, I know my daughter. It wouldn't leave and do this, and then it's just like the cops, like adults do weird things. It's not a kid. So and this is uh this creepy fun Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I know there's like, you know, the stereotype of the smaller community being the safer community and everything like that.
Speaker 2: But like, is there like a lot of violent crime in Ireland? Is it?
Speaker 6: Is it a thing other than like the politically motivated air quotes on that they.
Speaker 5: Stab each other with potatoes, they use potato guns, they throw potatoes.
Speaker 2: Christ we both reached through the screen and just slappy right now.
Speaker 5: I just want to mention that his eyes, this Larry Murphy character's eyes are very like he's possessed by some sort.
Speaker 6: Of quick He kind of looks like Jigsaw to me, it looks like Jigsavi again before he started losing weight from the cancer.
Speaker 4: He looks like Jigsaw mixed with fucking Palpatine from Star Wars.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so yeah, so what's what's the violent crime situation like in Ireland?
Speaker 4: So I would have probably said for a long time that Ireland is quite a safe and easy going country. But the more I think you dig into these cases, the more you realize that that may not be the case. A lot of older generations now figured that, like, you know, it's finally gotten here. I suppose a lot of times we would look on the news and see like you know, the States and places like that, and they go, all this crazy stuff happens in other countries and not here. You know, you see the Middle East, all this shit going on. Yeah, And I don't think that's the case. I think it's just we were really good at hiding it here, and there was a lot of and I think for the reason of what I just said a second ago about it's quite a small country. It feels a lot of times like everyone's only maybe one or two people away from somebody who's a person away from that person. So I think it's like a lot of people feel like, well, you know that guy apparently her boyfriend was the one who don't say anything. We don't want to be involved. It's another business. We don't want it at our door. That's just yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 6: It at arm's length, just like I don't want anything to do with this.
Speaker 4: It's way more drama and like you know, I mean, even like the the whole thing with the chart here you know, all the priests abuse and the fucking kids three years and what when Yeah, when it seems like it's.
Speaker 6: Almost worse where you guys are than anywhere else. Like you guys kind of got the brunt of it.
Speaker 4: And that's because even when my grandparents were young, you know, something as simple as if you were walking up the sidewalk and it was a priest or remember a clergy walking towards you, didn't matter if there was no it didn't matter if there was like twenty people in a group walking towards them and they were on their own. You would all have to step off onto the road. And like Genifflect and.
Speaker 5: Like bow, I wouldn't be doing that ship what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, they like they had control of And apparently if you had went home and said, like, you know, fucking fat or whatever, you know, grabbed my buttle, like grab my dick or he hit me or something like that, if you went home and told your parents that, they'd beat the shit out of you for yeah, because they thought like that the church can do no wrong. So that's right.
Speaker 5: Father McMurray just didn't my my my pea stick and he did not do that.
Speaker 4: I think that's why maybe only now it's actually common to fruition of how much crime and how many fucking sick motherfuckers are here?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Well wasn't the Irish constitution.
Speaker 6: It was written up by a bunch of a politician and a priest, right or something like that. Yeah, so the church had direct control over it ton of stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, and no wonder.
Speaker 5: You guys like, yeah, because a lot of times, obviously in churchy religious type settings, they're always like, you know, we don't talk about that, keep that quiet, like just they they don't want to see that there's a massive issue withinside this faith, in this thing that they worship, in this place that they go, where these men that specifically maybe chose this job strictly to actually blest kids.
Speaker 6: So okay, here's here's my other question. Was it because I know there was the stereotype here as well, like from when my grandparents were around, which was like, oh, if you don't stop fucking misbehaving, I'm gonna send you to the convent or I'm gonna send you to whatever. Was that like something that you guys had as well, where it was like wayward kids were sent to a reformatory and then became priests or became nuns and stuff, just because I know that the the washing thing is something that you guys had, right, the washrooms or whatever that they would just take in unwed mothers.
Speaker 4: Oh. The the the laundries, the laundries, yes, yeah, Magdalen laundries.
Speaker 2: That that shit is like that's just real fucked up.
Speaker 5: What I want to hear about this. I've never heard about this. Give me a brief.
Speaker 4: So there is there's these things called like I suppose mother and baby homes from years ago, so it would be like see here as well. Like that it was and probably ontil like maybe in the last you know, forty fifty years, it was very like you know, if a young girl got pregnant or anything like that, there was a lot of like shame and like we don't want people to think our family is like lesser than anybody else. So a lot of young girls and newborn babies were sent away to these like I suppose like similar to a convent or a boarding school or something like that. Over the last you know, maybe ten years, they've discovered like there's one in a place called Cheum, which is kind of in the middle of Ireland. And they discover the remains of seven hundred and ninety six dead children.
Speaker 5: Oh the fucked It sounds like Canada with their fucking indigenous schools, the residential schools. That's fucking nuts.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure that place and this is not the only like there's there's like apparently mass graves like all over Ireland and all these fucked up places. And that was one of those things where it was like the idea of being sent there was basically like it wasn't kind of like go somewhere and just kind of start your life over. It was basically like if I'm going there, I'm fucked. Yeah, because we're gonna get Yeah, we're probably gonna be like grape and like beaten and fucking martyred or whatever.
Speaker 5: The priests were that bad, Oh dude, I thought it.
Speaker 2: Was the nuns that were doing most of that ship.
Speaker 6: But I would assume that, yeah, for the priests, they're gonna just let them come in and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of Gerbils around there. I make light of dark situations. I was like laughing about like I'm like, yeah, they fucking diddle kids. But a guy who laugh because I'm uncomfortable and the fact that this does happened.
Speaker 2: So where is this place near?
Speaker 4: So chum is? I can't remember exactly. Let me see. So it's in County Galway.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see goal Away. Oh t u a m Yeah, okay, I see it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So yeah, Like, like like you said earlier, Tom, this Eva Brendan girl that went missing in Waterford. The police basically just went, yeah, look, you did say she was like depressed from time to time. So I think she probably threw herself in the river and.
Speaker 5: Throw yourself in there, You're just like, go for a swim. I's like, I'm just gonna get lost within the rapids.
Speaker 2: Now I love that. That's just the fucking like this should probably just the result on the river. It's fine, it's whatever.
Speaker 4: We're not like the family were like, well, there's no note, there was no like anything to suggest that the suicide was even a thing, and they went, yeah, no, we think so and her family are still adamant that she potentially let someone into her apartment and and that's where it happened because when they got to the apartment and the place was like incredibly spotless and tidy. Some of her stuff was missing, but the jacket that she had been last seen and was there.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: If chloroform just like and then just fucking take him into a van, It's it would be very quick. I've heard stories in Romania about fucking cars pulling up and like gutting someone for their fucking their their organs for the black market, and it happens within seconds.
Speaker 2: Like that seems like an urban legend or an exaggeration.
Speaker 6: I'm sure that organ harvesting does happen, but I think the whole in a matter of seconds outside of a van seems a little bit.
Speaker 5: Do you know I've mentioned that guy on the Reptilian episode. You know how I talked to that reptile expert when I worked in restaurants. He was the pest control guy. Okay, he heard me talking about the Illuminati, and then we started getting talks. He's the one that told me that he's a rep He was a reptile expert in that it would be if your body were to inhabit a soul, or like a body, your soul would in habit of body, it would the best would be a reptile because you'd be able to regrow limbs and all the shit that reptiles were able to do. This same guy said that his wife was on a phone with her friend in I think Romania, and she was working there and she was on the phone with him. She's they're married, and she's at her friend's house or she's having a call with her friend that is in Romania. And she said she was on the phone while this her kid was playing outside, and this van pulled up and they just gutted the boy right in the middle and out in the open, took his and she saw the big bucket. And this guy told me this story, and I don't know if it holds any truth, but and they said the body just dropped and then they got the fuck out of there, and the woman was screaming on the phone to this guy's wife.
Speaker 2: That's pretty fantastic. That's that's horrifying.
Speaker 5: Would this pest control guy lie to me that fucking probably believes in reptilities.
Speaker 6: He's got Dale Gribble syndrome and he was huffing too many fucking lethal chemicals.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: I love that story all right? Back to back, did so again.
Speaker 4: This is another really short, I guess synopsis of another case. Some of these cases were kind of really extensive, and then other ones are just kind of thrown in there in the scene to be like, yeah, we don't give a shit. So we're moving on to Amelda Keenan, who went missing on January third, nineteen ninety four. She was supposedly seen walking by the Tower Hotel in Waterford City willout to collect her dole payment, which would be like a social welfare payment. Waterford is actually probably about forty minutes from where I'm at, so she went to the post office to collect this, but it was closed due to being a bank holiday. There are disputes about whether it was actually closed on the day in question, did she even attempt to go and collect the payment as the only person to say this was her fiance, who didn't report her missing as keilty considering that she went out to run some errands and didn't come home. The witness who saw Melda by the Tower Hotel has been called into question also regarding her memory of the entire thing. There's very little information about this case, and it falls in the middle of somewhere between people feeling that it is part of the vanishing trying, while many others don't. The only suspicious person in the case is her partner, Mark Wall. The red flags include him not reporting her missing. Story about the post office may have been made up and he didn't realize that they weren't open that day due to the bank all day. And he is also the only person to report that Amelda had told him not long ago or not long before she disappeared, that she was down and out, which seemed like he was pushing all the time for a suicide story.
Speaker 5: That is weird. He seems super sketchy.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: I just don't know how you just kind of go, yeah, no, I guess it has nothing to do with him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I don't get that or like or at least look for more evidence. But I guess if you really don't have evidence, guy, then his story.
Speaker 4: And shit, yeah, like there's there's I need to be very careful about one of the cases in particular, because it's probably like ten minutes away from her. Oh shit, do you.
Speaker 5: Think that people are gonna fight, like listen to this and then find you.
Speaker 4: You know what? Right? That was a genuine concern because I've been fascinated by this case and I really want to dig into it, and I like for obviously, you know, for entered him and purposes or whatever, but I was actually genuinely fascinated of, like I really want to take a look at this and have a conversation about like what the fuck is the story with this? But then obviously, you know, we have some lighthearted fun and I often worry, like you know, how obviously there's real people involved that are like actually affected, like somebody belonged to them has gotten missing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: So for anybody who does this to I'm not trying to make you know, light of the situation any think, it's just I think it's, like Tom said earlier, sometimes it's easier to maybe process some of this stuff when you're uncomfortable by just kind of being like, yeah.
Speaker 5: Because how crazy.
Speaker 6: Oh No, Humor's a great coping method. I just wish half of Tom's jokes were actually funny.
Speaker 5: Well, it's just it's my weird brain, and I just it's just I'm honest, I tell I know.
Speaker 6: But it's just like every word that pops into that head maybe maybe formulated into a joke before you send it out.
Speaker 5: Maybe this was about yeah, fucking you know, but it is. It is weird too, Rite and the fact that like I never get paranoid like that. It is weird because, like we've said a lot of shit making fun of like we tried to never make fun of the victims, but it's happened, like especially with episodes me and Billy have done just maybe their names or you know. There it's and you gotta tread carefully because we're a dark comedy podcast. We want to try and make light of these situations. But like I've said, when we talked about Chris Watts, that was really recent and it was just it was more disturbing, like where you couldn't really make jokes because how recent it was, and it's like you can make jokes about him and how crazy he was maybe the power of the pussy type of thing. But the thing is it that case strictly like it was like it's too close to home, like new like it just happened, Doc just came out about it. So there is It gets like that when you think about cases that relate to where you're from or around you.
Speaker 6: So I think I think the instance of this is like imagine if the Carlamoka, the Barbie and Ken cases, We're still going on because that's the closest to you what those were still going on, right, But imagine if you were doing this while that was happening, and it's like eventually someone's gonna know somebody who's gonna send them and then it's gonna get back to you.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's what.
Speaker 5: You mean, right, Like, yeah, yeah, it is is. I was gonna say, I know it was was scary, but I did, uh when all him. I did grow up around Calamoka and Papinard, like I was in that same city when I was a kid, So it is it was creepy to talk about it considered.
Speaker 6: But Aaron, like you're saying, you know, you're only two or three people away from everybody knowing everybody, so it's possible that somebody hears this and it gets back to one of them and then it comes.
Speaker 2: Back to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I think maybe maybe in the case of Ireland in general, I don't want to say I don't care, but like I don't feel as concerned. But you know, locally here there's a lot of stuff that's been said or has gone around about the case of filing the Sinus that I don't know some of those people are still around here or I don't know how they feel about it.
Speaker 5: Okay, they're gonna run to their friend, but like, all right, there's this podcast, okay, and he said some shit, and then there's like people knocking at your door screaming in. They're just gonna they're just gonna be saying, give us the address of that Tom person.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go kick his ass. Come fine, you better you beoutter had a spare room if I have to leave the.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: So in November nineteen ninety five, another woman went missing, Jojo Dullard. I've heard this pronounced so many different ways, Jojo Dollard, and no.
Speaker 5: One wants to call her a Dullard, because you know what that is.
Speaker 4: She She had traveled from kill Kenny to Dublin to visit friends, and after missing her bus home, she decided to get a different bus to gil dare Nace to be specific at around ten to fifty pm and hitch the ride to Moon. Once she arrived, this place is still around seventy kilometers from her home, she called her friend. Here we go again now. She called her friend from a payphone in Moon and told her the situation, but then she put down the phone and seemed to walk away from it, only to return moments later and tell her that someone had stopped and she had a lift home. However, however, she never arrived home and has never been seen or heard from since. Did this mystery person cause her harm? Who was the person and what was her intentions? A short time later, a woman similar to JoJo's description was seen leaning into the back door of a dark colored Tiola type car. There were further sightings of a woman similar to her in Castle Darmouth, County kill There, which is five miles from Moon, at around midnight on the same evening. The driver or occupants of this Tyola have never been traced. In twenty twenty one, it was announced that the truck driver had come forward that said he had saw a woman. Now, this is just bizarre to me. He had saw a woman running naked and screaming on the night of the disappearance. He was driving with his boss at the time. So apparently he was only young and he was like not an intern, but he was like the new guy or whatever, and he was driving with his boss in the lorry.
Speaker 5: So his boss saw it too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So apparently his boss got out and attempted to run after, like to see what was up, and she just like bolted. He couldn't catch her, so he got back in and they called the police and they were told, don't worry about it, we'll send a carrot, which is like the Irish thing I think at the time is very casual, like, ah, look whatever, yeah, don't be worrying about it.
Speaker 5: That sounds like a horror movie, Like see a woman running through the forest across the street like naked.
Speaker 2: It gives me Devil's rejects vibes or stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So this is probably the first time now we're going to see from this point on where a lot of this stuff kind of crosses over. So the area that this site apparently took was less than nine kilometers from a site that was searched in the disappearance of Dear Joe Jacob, who went missing a couple of years after this. After this, when they found out about the missing women, they went to make a statement and it was said that the woman they saw couldn't have been Jojo as she was seen in Castle Darmott Afterwards, in twenty twenty, the case was updated from missing persons to a murder investigation. There have been a number of suspects in the case since it happened. Her family felt a man who gave contradicting statements that owned an abandoned farm was the key to finding her. However, as the land was private, a search warrant was never obtained. Fifteen months after the disappearance, a taxi driver came forward with information about something he saw on the night three miles north of Waterford, which was about fifty miles south of where she was last seen. He saw a red car with British number plates and a man urinating beside the car. Suddenly he saw a distressed, barefoot woman run from the rear left hand door. A second man appear and grabbed her by the hair, bear, hugged her and dragged her back to the car.
Speaker 5: That is like some fucking you're right, like Texas chance and mask your style, like just like fucking leather face grabbing the chicken, dragging her into the bad Like that's fucking scared.
Speaker 6: I mean that, but that's also kind of hostily. Human trafficking, yes.
Speaker 2: Very much.
Speaker 5: And the thing is we have it here. But human trafficking, especially child trafficking, shit is is very prevalent in Europe. That's where it takes place because everything is connected.
Speaker 2: So you think about it too that way, you're not.
Speaker 6: It's not as though it's Canada where it's like, oh, we're getting the you know, the RCMP on it, or the States where it's like we're getting jets on it. Man, it's it's like you're talking about a series of countries. You have to get Interpol involved, right if you're gonna try and like prosecute stuff. And I would imagine it's probably the same thing as it is here. If you're not if you don't come from a place of affluence, they're not gonna have the money or the influence to make it happen.
Speaker 2: You're gonna bring it up and someone's gonna be like, well, sorry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, New York c MP is hiding Robert Picton's rear.
Speaker 2: That is crazy.
Speaker 6: The RCMP Robert Picton connection, that's pretty fucking that's pretty fucking interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll have to talk about that. We're gonna do an episode about that. But Aaron, it's fucking weird, you know, Rob picked it is right, the pig farmer, there's a connection to fucking even Trudeau and politicians with in that they could been making people go missing and stuff like that. And it's really strange and the RCNP is trying to cover it up and get rid of all the files right now. So it's fucking weird, strange stuff going on.
Speaker 2: That might just be the connection with a one mister Trudeau y.
Speaker 4: So a criminal gang apparently from the from the traveling community. Oh sure, fucking gypsy caravans were suspected, and one man in his twenties would become a suspect after being convicted of raping a thirteen year old girl in nineteen ninety seven. He would then go on to be known as one of the most evil and violent men in Ireland, having committed crimes against both traveling and settled people, and was also believed to be living in Dundalk around the time Kira Breen went missing in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 5: So this guy was going around like he was going around killing travelers.
Speaker 4: Well, he was going around committing crimes like I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, like are they trying to fight him every time he tried to fucking pull up here?
Speaker 4: And it's funny. I couldn't find this guy's name, but apparently he was living in Dundalk around the time that a girl who goes missing. A little bit later, Kira Breen went missing, and at the minute he's serving a twenty one year sentence for raping a woman in her eighties.
Speaker 5: Hold fuck fuck, that's.
Speaker 2: Like Ramirez, yeah, Ramirez, how old years were?
Speaker 5: Just like all right, today it's a twenty year old. Tomorrow it's an eighty five year old. It's all good.
Speaker 6: I like whatever, Just insert the insert the Rick James cocaine is a hell of a drug.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's true. I gotta get that out. It's fucking weird.
Speaker 4: Man. So four years later, now this is the part where he enters the picture. Four years later, a thirty five year old father of two, Larry Murphy, was arrested after he kidnapped a woman in Carlo and repeatedly raped and attempted to kill her in the Wicklow Mountains before being spotted by two hunters. Larry Murphy would go on to be a huge suspect and a part in many of these cases. Another thing I found out that so this woman had also frequented a pub very very often, apparently where convicted murder David Lawler also drank. He was convicted in nineteen ninety five of raping and murdering a woman by the name of Marilyn Rinn who right David Lawler, who was also a convicted rapist and murder who drank in the same pub all the time as Larry. This woman, oh right, as this woman also happened to be a close friend and distant cousin of none other than Larry Murphy.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's like a team effert thing, like a what's this fuck? And Henry Henry Lee Lucas noticed tool.
Speaker 4: And this was something that in the last like maybe six or eight years, has been looked at more and more that maybe it wasn't just a serial killer. Maybe there was multiple people involved. So there's another guy by the name of Thomas Dalton, who is another cousin of Larry Murphy, who was also arrested and charged for face fucking a woman outside of a kill Kenny nightclub in twenty ten.
Speaker 2: So what so was it assault or was she a willing participant in that?
Speaker 4: She was like apparently she was like out of her mind drunk, and he was like, yeah, I'm gonna fight, so fuck you and you're just gonna Wow.
Speaker 5: That's fucking crazy sounds like all right, that's fun.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is fun.
Speaker 5: That's it's just like all right, and everyone's watching and fucking guys are clapping because guys are assholes, and well, I just reminds me of that eighties like whole like animal house, like we're gonna go steal the girl's panties.
Speaker 2: That wasn't the eighties, that was meant to be the fifties.
Speaker 5: But yes, like either way, we're gonna go fucking steal their panties and sniff them. We're gonna watch them naggy. It's like, all right, that's maybe a bad idea.
Speaker 6: Oh no, you're talking about Revenge of the Nerds, where it's like, yeah, so much everything in this film is you getting away with a sexual assault like that?
Speaker 2: It's fucked up? No, but yeah, I mean you're not wrong.
Speaker 6: That whole meathead thing of dudes drunkides walking out of the bar and they see somebody getting them, you know, a blowjob. They don't know that it's a forceful one, and they're just like, we get him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true. True, Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 4: And he I think there was like multiple charges against him for that and he only got convicted on like the final account and he only got twelve months.
Speaker 5: What the It's just crazy people can get away with that. Ship then you have people that just protest and now they're trying to fil him for ten years.
Speaker 6: I mean, you got you got the you know, the justice system that works like that where it's like, yeah, twelve months and then over here somebody gets caught with a bag of weed in the wrong state and they're doing fucking life.
Speaker 4: It's fucking weird, fucking bizarre.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the states are really fucking bad. We have no we have I take that back.
Speaker 2: In the United States, we have the best justice system that.
Speaker 6: Money can buy. Yeah, if you got the money, you're getting away with it. That's basically what it comes down to.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 5: It's true. It's true. It's very true.
Speaker 7: So she wasn't.
Speaker 4: August twenty third, nineteen ninety six, a twenty five year old woman by the name of Fiona Pender goes missing from her Church Street apartment in Tullamoro, County Athlete. At the time she went missing, she was seven months pregnant. She lived with her boyfriend at the time, John Thompson, having recently moved back from London. At the end of the previous year. Some say that he was reluctant to this plan to move and felt like he let his family down as he helped to keep their vast farmland. John came from lots of money, while Fiona came from a more humble background. Her being out shopping with her mother all day and then getting back to the family home to chat with her parents, She got a taxi home with her mother at around seven pm, who made sure that she got inside safe. The following day, her mother called, but the blinds were down and she assumed that she was just resting. Later that evening, her dad walked past and the blinds were still down and no lights on inside, but he assumed that she was either still tired or maybe out with friends. The last person to have any account of seeing her was her boyfriend John at six am on that Friday morning, when he was leaving to work on the family farm about eight miles away. He told Fiona's parents that he stayed on the farm that night and assumed Fiona was in their house. Now, this is the part I don't understand. So her partner, who she lives with, hadn't heard from her all day, she's heavily pregnant. He miraced like for some reason, conveniently decides that every other night he stays at home, he's going to stay on the family farm that night. But again, cell phone weren't readily available, so it's not like you could just check up on her. However, there were were reports that there was a huge strain on the relationship, from the pregnancy to differing opinions about the farm and living situations. There were reports that have been hard shouting at each other on multiple occasions, but this was never one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: So you know, was pregnant, Yeah, seven months pregnant when she disappeared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fucked up.
Speaker 6: Man, almost ready to pop too, Like seven months, you got two more to go.
Speaker 4: And crazy witnesses came forward with two different sightings. One man said he was leaving again. Now this is fucking like, I don't understand this. One man said he was leaving a pub at two am that night and saw two men bundling a bulky item wrapped in carpet into the back of a large four x four vehicles.
Speaker 6: Much you were found say, there's not much you wrap in carpet other than a body, so that's true, and this kind of ties in with another completely statement that said.
Speaker 4: They saw a four x four driving erradically on a back road near the Sleeve Blue Mountains, which is where Larry Murphy committed that crime, which is about twenty miles from Tullamore. He saw one person inside the car and the only other thing he can remember was there was a sticker on the windscreen saying keep her lit. This person was never found. In April ninety seven, John Thompson, his father, and three sisters were arrested on suspicion of her disappearance, but were released after twelve hours of questioning. They were critical of the GUARDA about this and field they were painted as the culprits without any evidence. The case spanned as far as America, when a woman accused her husband of physical and sexual attacks against her, and apparently one night in a rage, she said I killed that bitch, Fiona Pender, and you'll be.
Speaker 5: Next, and he was in the States.
Speaker 4: She offered the exact locations that he detailed, but it yielded little results. Apparently this man's name was John Thompson.
Speaker 5: That's he had moved to the States. That's really weird. So this guy in an Irishman moved to the States and then he's dating a chick and he's beating her up and being like, you know, I killed that shiit in Ireland and it's just like, you know, that's fucked up. Yep, and that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Never they've done like extensive searches in recent years and and didn't find anything. There was also in the Sleeve Blue Mountains a couple of years back, there was a crucifix found. Right that, This is fucking weird. A crucifix found and honest, someone had carved Fiona Pender buried here and then the a date.
Speaker 5: That's fucking weird.
Speaker 2: What the actual fuck?
Speaker 5: That is creepy? Respect it's a creepy hontage show.
Speaker 6: I'm sure they you know, checked the area and didn't find anything.
Speaker 5: Did they did they dig?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like those mountains and a majority of that area has like literally been torn apart time and time again and just.
Speaker 6: Looking for Do they ever use like sonic technology or anything like that, you know, like the things that like shoot read the ground.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of what they've done in rac years hasn't really been released now that could I feel that that means that they're like, yeah, let's just say, you know, we can't release the information because we didn't do fucking anything.
Speaker 5: That's true. I was gonna I was more on the on the idea that it was an Irish illuminati, that it was kidnapping these women for rituals.
Speaker 2: Of course, that's where your fucking bout mine goes.
Speaker 6: So is it on the still on the conspiracy side of it, But unless on the batshit crazy conspiracy side of it, is Larry like connected to anyone, Does he like have like a distant relative that'sition of power anywhere?
Speaker 4: No, So this is the thing. Before he was caught for that rape and attempted murder, he had no previous convictions. He wasn't known at all to the police, like he was never he wasn't on any file for not even a parking ticket. Crazy, and apparently when they when they came into his house, like he was married with two kids when he done that, when they came to his house the following day, he opened the front door and like they were like, are you Larry Murphy or whatever? And he was like yep, And then he just went apparently went I don't know why, I don't know and then he put his his head in his hands and he was like, I don't know why, I just I he went to go rob her money first, and he was like it just spiraled. One thing led to another and then I don't know. And then he actually said to them, he said, can we go inside and can I get my wife and can we tell her? That's what They went in with him, and he woke his wife up and he was like, yeah, this is I raped the girl last night, blah blah blah, and it seemed like he was going to kind of like, I suppose cooperate with them, And as soon as they got to the police station, he's like, yeah, no, I robbed her, and yeah, okay, I did rape her the first time, but then after that she wanted to make love to me. So we got back into the car and she made love to me. And there was actually fear at one point that a jury might think that it was consensual. And now he had apparently her injuries were absolutely horrific, like he had orally raped her, vaginally raped her, ainly raped her.
Speaker 5: It's vaginally a word here is.
Speaker 4: That's our pronunciation? Vaginally is the Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: It's true. I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 4: On this part for example. More like I would say to Lamore, right, and any any time I ever listened to anyone covered this case, because majority of people who covered this aren't from Ireland, they pronounced it to Lamore, what happened.
Speaker 6: There's literally there's literally a fucking whiskey that's in every bar in the States that's called Dullamore.
Speaker 4: Yeah to la More. Yeah, there's there's a lot of like pronunciations that I heard of some of this stuff, And I'm like, Jesus.
Speaker 5: Christ, oh, you should just cheer me butcher everything. I bet there's some people in some countries just screaming at me.
Speaker 6: It's the number one negative review that we have besides tom as an Ablest.
Speaker 4: I think. Not long after this, another girl went missing. She had went to bed that night, Her mother checked on her at two am, and she was missing from her room. She was seventeen at the time. It was soon discovered that the window opposite the roadway was left open on the latch, which indicated that she snuck out, something her friends would later say that she don't quite often the reason for sneaking out as unknown or who she was meeting. Until news came that the local older man had been seen talking to Kira on several occasions and even hard asking if he could see her later, to which she apparently replied, I'll sneak out when my mom goes to bed. Had also said yeah. Apparently he was like a groovy creep.
Speaker 2: Creep.
Speaker 4: Kira's mother had also said that she had on several occasions gotten rid of him from the front garden trying to chat with her young daughter. The man's name was Leam Muddeling.
Speaker 5: Did you run out with the room?
Speaker 2: Yeahay?
Speaker 5: Or she threw potatoes at him, gone right again?
Speaker 4: Right? This? So this dude Leam Muddlin. They say that he was known as the local creep and this was just kind of a thing like a lot of the teeners, like, you know, he's like the creepy older guy who wants to hang out with young people.
Speaker 2: That's how it was back in the day here too.
Speaker 6: It was like molestation and like that was so common that it was like, oh, don't stay with Uncle Steve for too long by yourself.
Speaker 4: Because this dude was arrested in nineteen ninety nine and then again in twenty fifteen, and he died in police custody in twenty seventeen, and many believed that he was responsible for the murder of Kira breen Strange.
Speaker 5: That is weird.
Speaker 4: So then we'll go really quickly through these one. So next is the is the Wexford case. Fiona Sinnot Sunday, February eighth, nineteen ninety eight, Fiona was enjoying a drink in her local pub, Butlers in Broadway. She called home and asked her brother to join her, which he declined. She seemed adamant that he joined her, but after he mentioned working early the next morning, she didn't put up an argument. Sean Carol, her ex boyfriend and father to her eleven month old daughter, was also drinking and smoking in the pub, but he was alone that night. When she left, she did so with him, and they walked back to her house together, and he says that he slept on the couch and she slept in her room upstairs. The following morning, Fiona told him that she would attend the doctor for a pain in her arm, and he gave her five pounds to get a tax either. He was then collected by his mother and went back to the family home, where their daughter had stayed. The night before. The police noted that the house she rented was spotlessly clean and missing some key items that she would have had. Sometime after this, a local farmer noted that he found some black bags of rubbish on his land that indeed contained items with Fiona's name on them. Thinking this was a case of illegal dumping, he burned the items and only came forward when he heard the news of the missing person's case.
Speaker 5: Didn't mean to do with this, I'm just gonna fucking burn it.
Speaker 4: This led Guardy to believe that someone was attempting to throw him off the trail and make it seem that if she had maybe ran away. There have been several arrest made in the years following her disappearance, and there are many theories about people close to her that may know what happened that night. Jesus again, it's a it's another one of those cases. I think she's kind of been excluded from the triangle they reckon. I think that her ex boyfriend was probably the one to fucking kill her and then his family.
Speaker 5: It is weird, this is all around the same place, but like realistically it could be a couple of different people, boyfriends or something like that. But maybe you know, Larry Murphy or one of these other dudes like the Thompson guy whatever, maybe they killed like two or three of them, and then maybe two or three that we think is part of the same umbrella of killings or well vanishings at least.
Speaker 6: Well, there's always the possibility that while things like that are going on, someone's gonna take advantage of the chaos and be like, well, I'm gonna settle a score, I'm gonna do something, and it's gonna get lumped in with this, and then.
Speaker 5: You know, look what's happening in the Ukraine right now. They gave them guns and guys went down the street and started shooting their fucking neighbor. Like this guy he fucked my wife one time, so I went over I shot up.
Speaker 2: Because he is a less contemporar.
Speaker 6: Example, a lot of scores were settled on nine to eleven because all of the emergency services were occupied, so the documented like a bunch of gang violence during September eleven.
Speaker 5: I never thought about that, but that'd be true, like the purge, Like I was just like, all right, I'm gonna go get my fucking shotgun, and this guy down the block that pissed on my lawn One time he made his dog shit on my lawn and I shot him, So it's like, shit, that's fucking nuts. I didn't think about that.
Speaker 4: The final disappearance then in this and this is another one that Larry Murphy is apparently connected to. So July twenty eighth, nineteen ninety eight, dear jo Jacob went missing. Josh yards from her front door. She had been spotted by over six different people on the streets she lived on, and one even saw her in her driveway. However, she never made it home. What happened? Where did she go? Why she followed? A prisoner who was housed with Larry Murphy came forward and said that Larry confessed to killing her, and searches were conducted, but with no progress. It is also believed that maybe he had work in the area around the time that she went missing. He was a qualified carpenter, so apparently he traveled around a lot. Another man, Rory O'Connor, a convicted double rapist and murder, was interviewed about his friendship was interviewed about his friendship with Larry Murphy, refused to give much away. They had been living together in Amsterdam for some time and were said to keep to themselves, owning a motorbike together that they used to disappear for transport from time to time. So this thing she spotted like walking in her front door, apparently near her front.
Speaker 2: Door fote the black and white edmage of her.
Speaker 4: So there's another little bit here that connects Larry Murphy to us as well. Her grandmother, I think it was, had a shop somewhere and when she died and they went through her stuff, they found paperwork with Larry Murphy's name and phone number on us.
Speaker 2: Oh shit.
Speaker 4: So apparently it turns out that he had done some carpentry work for her at one point. But again it just seems like awful. Coincidentally, he seems to appear in a lot of these things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he really does seem to just pop up whenever something crazy is going on. And like you were saying, it is a small area, but it's probably not that small that you know.
Speaker 2: He just happened to connect all of these.
Speaker 4: In twenty eighteen, a woman by the name of Justine Valdez was kidnapped by forty year old Mark Hennessy. He's now being investigated to see if he had any involvement with the Triangle disappearances. He was shot dead by police and Valdez's body was found dumped in an old mine. So he's only in the last like three or four years he's going to of been pulled into it the sea does he have any connection? Because again, another guy who had no previous convictions, no parking tickets, no speeding tickets, nothing, and then all of a sudden just decides to abduct and murder somebody, trod them in an abandoned mine and then getting a shootout with police.
Speaker 5: You're got a shootout with the police too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they shot him dead, So.
Speaker 5: Why the fuck? It's just like if you have no prior well at least they don't know at least that you have no prior convictions, and you don't seem to have a life of crime or stuff like that, and then all of a sudden you mostly maybe killed this chick. But the thing is, why did he shoot at Like why was her a shootout? If he was innocent?
Speaker 4: And I think the FBI in the last couple of years had been kind of pulled in to look at this, and they were the ones that suggested maybe you should actually start to entertain the idea that maybe these guys weren't completely innocent and all of a sudden just decided randomly to go on like brutally rape and abduct and murder women.
Speaker 5: Like has that happened? This guy's all possessed. Maybe there's a fucking demon in the in the triangle, because like, how like why are all these if it is say different people, and you know, I not a small area, but not a large area. And then this and then you know, this guy fucking murders a woman. Those are in a fucking mind and then shoots out the police, and then you got Larry Murphy's weird ass, the Boogeyman of Ireland. And then uh, you know, it's just it is weird. If it is different people, it is strange.
Speaker 6: You're the one that was found in the field. Was it didn't one of the bodies they said was found in the field. Wasn't that the one who the farmer found her her clothes or whatever? I had the tab pulled up and it's gone now.
Speaker 4: And I know there's another guy in recent years as well, has been pulled into this whole thing. Guy been Namma John Creer. He was suspected as being involved, potentially after he murdered or after it was found out that he murdered a woman called Phyllis Murphy. He murdered her in nineteen seventy nine and after he'd given an alibi, he was given an alibi by a work friend. He was cleared for nearly twenty years before information was given anonymously and DNA testing proved that he was the killer. He denied even knowing her, even though she had baby sat his children on many occasions.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: The Wicklow area where she was found was also close to the Sleeve Boom Mountains, which Larry Murphy was known to have prowled.
Speaker 6: This guy almost sounds like there's a roving gang of rapists that are working like together or something like that.
Speaker 5: I'll get off in the same fashion. That's fucking dear.
Speaker 4: I think the reason as well, and I do believe that Larry Murphy is probably connected to probably four of those cases. The reason being is he I mean, he has what two cousins that have also been convicted of like similar things. He has a best friend who he moved to Amsterdam with, who's a convicted able rapist and murderer. He seems to always like kind of he was living in Spain for a time and I think he was living with some other like ship bag rapist dude, and apparently right now he's working as a carpenter in London.
Speaker 5: That's fucking weird. And it's just like they like it was before really the internet was popping off and shit, like is there like a meeting place. It's just they meet beside a playground and they're like, all right, this is and they give each other looks like they have like a sign, like a fucking hand sign or a face look, and then they're all hanging out and it's weird.
Speaker 4: That's what I don't understand. How to fuck Like, how was he organizing? Like he so he was in prison with this.
Speaker 6: Dude, Well that's how because that's it's in the States is prison. People meet in prison and then they're like just.
Speaker 2: Go for there.
Speaker 4: The guy gets out and moves town stream and then two and a half years later, Larry Murphy gets out in the first place, he goes as Amstram And I'm trying to think of like how to fuck right, say it? He walks out of prison, what's your first move to even get in contact with like yeah, I know, well, like.
Speaker 2: They were probably sending letters back and forth.
Speaker 6: They were probably still they stayed in touch when he was out, and it very well might have been like, hey, I got this spot I'm setting up.
Speaker 2: You're gonna need somewhere to go, just come here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fucking it is weird. And the fact that his family that he had family that like also had obviously sick tendencies, you know what I mean, and like it's fucking really weird. Like the fact that you know, it's it's pretty rare of a family. It's not that rare to have a crazy family member, but then to have like two or three people that are like in your family that are connected to some weird shit or rape or something that it's fucking weird. It's like we're all of them raped and then it's just like, well, now we got to take it out on somebody else, or they were touched or molested or that does happen.
Speaker 4: And again, like where Deirja Jacob, who was like the last woman who disappeared, who's like seriously considered as being involved in this Spanish and triangle, because there is there is actually a lot more just appearances that are may have loose links.
Speaker 5: That I heard about one in twenty twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's ones even more recent than that. That's crazy. But this, dear Ja Jacob one was one of the last, like serious serious ones that were considered. I mean. The the area that they believe Hard to have went missing or potentially been killed in is fifteen kilometers away from a place called Baldon Glass, which is where Larry Murphy grew up.
Speaker 5: It does sound like this guy is the corporate like it does very much sound like this is the it's like the serial killer that they like never caught, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Which is also not far from Moon which is where Jojo Dullard was last seen at that phone box. Oh okay, which is strange. And they have information apparently that leads them to believe that Larry Murphy was traveling through that area on that night. He apparently was working on some building site that was like very close to that area. Again, just all seems a little bit too coincidental that he seems to be around a memory Anton.
Speaker 5: Coincidences don't exist, Okay.
Speaker 2: No, Tom, coincidences very much do exist.
Speaker 5: You everything happens, you're fucking raising. Okay, Yes, everything happens for a reason. Everything is connected, everything, everything is connected. Okay, okay, get it, Okay, probably murdered, fucking because he could have maybe murdered and killed like it. If you're good, you're good, like if you're like maybe he's just like in the he knows that the cops are useless. But the thing is that he just has a method that not many serial killers have is perfected where he can kind of go. But who I who knows though, because how is he not in jail? Like it's just like he seems like the prime suspect.
Speaker 4: I know, right and like he's in London, I mean, and right now. They started think a while back called Operation Trace, which was they've pulled like six of I suppose the best detectives and different things from around the country together to look at these cases collectively. And as a result of that then they really consider him probably the number one suspect in Annie McCarrick's disappearance, Jojo Dollard and Deardred Jacob and at the minute, I think the Director of Public Prosecutions, which would be like for you guys to be like the DA or whatever they're preparing a file right now to potentially put a case against him for Dear Jacob's murder and have him extradited from the UK. Oh nohit okay, and he's gonna go somewhere else.
Speaker 6: No, if they have the extra item and they get them pulled back, I mean I would imagine what is like bounty hunting out where you guys are?
Speaker 2: Is that a thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It is, but like we don't really ever hear about it.
Speaker 5: I could see the Irish what's the bad hunter in the States?
Speaker 4: Stupid fuck the bounty hunter.
Speaker 2: Dog Dog's a fucking piece of ship.
Speaker 5: Like that guy is such a calm show man.
Speaker 2: It's so stupid. But that's he's not even he is. He's a character.
Speaker 6: He's not like a big, big bounty hunter like I guess he is, but who cares.
Speaker 4: He's actually like do you remember that Gabby petito O case and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when he said he was gonna go look for or whatever like.
Speaker 4: And and he went out there and like you know, whatever they found and then he turns and goes, no, no, no, that's not the case. We have this other suspect and they're completely wrong, and we're going to give her information to the FBI and this and that, and it's like you fucking go back. You've become irrelevant now and you have no TV so you've literally just decided to get in the middle of this case to be like, hey, anyone want to give me a TV show?
Speaker 6: That's exactly what it was. Yeah, it was him grasping at straw. It's been like, please look at me again. It's like everyone's tired of you. You're you were an early two thousands thing.
Speaker 4: Just go away, and like, do you remember he was with that uh, that wife he had, oh god, that like huge, big titted blonde woman. Yes, and she ended up unfortunately she got cancer or whatever and died and he was like all distraught and he done like these interviews with like I don't know, fucking Oprah, doctor Filler or some shit, and he was like, oh, I'm never gonna get over this. And literally, like six months later he was marrying one of her best friends, who literally looks exactly like her.
Speaker 2: The dude is not exactly the picture of mental stability.
Speaker 4: So no, like fucking scumbags as well.
Speaker 6: Everybody in his family looks like they're on meth, like and I know that was Dog's thing before is that he was a meth head, but like they really do all look like a bunch of squeakers because he he had that whole big thing where he went down to Mexico and like pulled back some rapists or something for Mexico, which actually almost caused an international affair with Mexico. Like it was like the Mexican government like contacted the US government was like, what the fuck do you think you're doing, Like because the person he went after like apparently had really heavy cartel ties and stuff too, So it's like Dog.
Speaker 2: Probably should have ended up in a barrel on fire.
Speaker 4: I read his I read his autobiography, and apparently after that they like had this whole big core case that they tried to keep on the quiet. Apparently he nearly went to jail forever because of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he went to prison in Mexico.
Speaker 6: At one point in time, Mexico was like, you're sending him down here for extradition because we want his ass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Ireland doesn't have Bog the bounty hunter, and he's a short.
Speaker 6: Bogun that fucking pun hang your head in shame.
Speaker 5: I'm here to fucking fight our where these circles are.
Speaker 4: He wasn't there for any of that conversation. He was just trying to think of something fun.
Speaker 5: I had it at the very beginning, and I was like, I'm gonna let them talk about dog for a.
Speaker 2: Bit before this episode. Tom, I didn't. I didn't, I know, so I said, at least you didn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been doing.
Speaker 2: The last three episodes we recorded together. Tom's like, so I took like a point five of mushrooms. I was like, fucking asshole.
Speaker 5: It's fun, though.
Speaker 4: So what do we think then, just from here and what we've heard today, what would you say is the most valuable.
Speaker 5: Serial killer which brings us in the next episode. I say a serial killer because there's nothing too mysterious where it's like it's it's a mystery, yes, but it's most likely a physical person.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't think it's a fucking you know, it's a trickster god going around snatching up people.
Speaker 2: I honestly think that. I mean, obviously, Larry Bishop is is most likely Larry Murphy.
Speaker 6: Larry Murphy is is most likely number one suspect, obviously, but I think there might be something to the whole like group effort going on here, like a loose connection of convicted rapist who met each other through prison or through other means or whatever.
Speaker 2: And maybe if they're not.
Speaker 6: All connected, maybe they're helping to cover up for each other or something like that.
Speaker 5: Like you said about like you know, maybe there was two people that took advantage of the situation. Larry Murphy was maybe like four of the victims, and then you know, two other guys were like taking advantage of it. Or it's just like there is a lot of times where other victims will be blamed on a serial killer that got caught that's like I killed like forty people and yeah, it's maybe like ten, like and then they're like, oh, well he probably killed her and he's like, yeah, yeah, I killed her, And then you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people will cop the bodies.
Speaker 6: I mean, if if you've reached a point where you're like, oh, there's no way that I'm gonna you know, either knock at the death penalty where I'm not gonna ever see you know, a fucking see the later day.
Speaker 2: Again, I had to think for a second.
Speaker 6: Then they're gonna be like, yeah, I killed them, I killed fourteen more people, I killed this, I killed that and you know, for for strawberry milkshakes, I'll show you where the bodies are and then they just take them on wild goose chases, like.
Speaker 5: Like Clifford Olson. Man. Clifford Olsen did that. He's like, here if you the cops in Canada paid Clifford Olson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 5: He would just be like, this is where the body is, and they would take him out and he'd have a grand old time and I was able to give money to his family.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 4: And with Larry as well. He when he got convicted of that fucking rape and attempted murder, he was sentenced to fifteen years. I think no, sorry, he was sentenced. I want to say he was sentenced to twenty three years, and then that was reduced to fifteen for some bullshit reason, and then he got out after ten for good behavior. And that was in the year two thousand, right that he was convicted and whatever, And that was before there was something passed in two thousand and one in Ireland. I can't remember exactly what the law itself was, but basically he didn't when he got out of prison, he didn't need to be like registered anywhere or like followed or they didn't need to see where he was going or anything like that.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 4: So that's why he's been allut because a lot of people wonder, like, how does his motherfucker travel all over Europe and just do whatever? Because legally speaking, they don't have need grounds to like stop him once. Yeah, he could just do whatever.
Speaker 5: It's weird. Your justice system sounds just as bad as ours.
Speaker 4: It's fucking it's fucking bizarre. I actually seen him. You guys mentioned about, like, you know, people claiming things just to get stuff or whatever. I can't remember the name of the case, but I was watching something only like a week ago where they had this guy pulled in for some some sort of disappearance and he he basically just kept them giving them like drip feeding them, like false information. He would be like, right, where's my coke, where's my McDonald's. Yeah, they would like bring him ship, and he'd be like, I need a cigarette so I can think. And like he'd done this for like hours on end, and it turns out that he literally had not to do it whatever.
Speaker 2: He just wanted to get free ship from the cops.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was just as smart. He was in there like he was in there for something else and he I think he told somebody in the jay like, oh, I know what happened.
Speaker 5: That's how it's been. It's being sneaky.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: So it's a strange case, that's for sure. Like it's it's it will be you know, good as I have a little serious to do because next I, like I said, I want to getting into the vanishing triangle. It's people missing, it might be kenexed to a serial killer. I would love to, you know, talk about maybe a bunch of different Irish serial killers and see like because you don't really hear about it too often. Obviously, you have more or less the States with the you know it just you know, the the cases that they have and how glorified a lot of serial killers can be in the States. It happens slightly in Canada, but it's nothing like the United States when it comes to the sensationalism of serial killers. And I don't hear I hear some about you know, fucking British people killing fucking people, but I don't hear much about the Irish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we should probably maybe broadened that a little bit and not just serial killers and maybe just martyrs in Ireland because there's there is some cases of serial killers, but there's a lot of like crazy one off martyrs as well.
Speaker 5: That or just yeah we can do that.
Speaker 4: There's there's a there's a pair of sisters called Linda and Shy Mohall that were branded as the Scissor Sisters.
Speaker 5: I feel like I remember that. Did they did they bounce their legs together? Like? Did they?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: They did not? They killed and dismembered their mother's boyfriends.
Speaker 5: With scissors.
Speaker 4: He was killed with a Stanley blade. He was smashed in pieces of a hammer, His head and penis were sliced off and the rest of his corpse was dismembered and dumped in the Royal Canal in Dublin. Spoiled pieces of his legs were spotted floating past the biggest stadium in Ireland, crow Park, and came out afterwards. They were like chopping them up in the bats.
Speaker 6: Of And.
Speaker 5: How old are these these chicks?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure? But if you look up Scissors Sister a case on Google for anybody who's listening, and just click on the images, you'll see these ugly motherfuckers. They look like they're going through sex change.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll bring it up.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna look up Scissor Sisters and it's just gonna take me straight to porn.
Speaker 5: That is weird, and like I want to get into a bunch of this band got pulled up.
Speaker 4: Yeah sisters, Yeah, of course, holy shit.
Speaker 5: You know if if if nobody looks irish, these people definitely look irish. These chicks look like they're irish.
Speaker 6: Like, I'm almost gonna click images, but then I'm worried that when I do that, I'm gonna get all bunch of crime scene photos be.
Speaker 5: Like, oh God, Yeah, that's fucking crazy. They look I'm not gonna say it, but yeah, weird, Go for it, Go for it. Anton's not gonna like this. They kind of look like trands. She looks a little manly, a little butch, both of them a little.
Speaker 4: And I don't even mean that as like a jokey slight, but I'm like, yeah, they look.
Speaker 5: Scary looking though, like they look like they killed somebody, like the gaunt eyes, Like.
Speaker 4: Do you know what's what's mad about that? I would have said at one point in the country here like that would have been considered like you're you're kind of like typical. I don't want to say a woman, but like I suppose like you're common, like kind of trailer trashy.
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 5: It looks like, you know, I feel like the especially the blonder one, she looks kind of like an Irish gypsy that you could see her like with her caravan and hanging out and sucking Brad Pitt's dick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's a there's a like, there's a shit a lit of crazy cases like that here.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think Charlie is freaking out. Uh, it's fucking weird and I want to get We'll get into that next time. We'll talk about different serial killers, like I'll maybe get some serial killers and you can get some murders. We'll kind of mash it up a little bit, and you know, because of how close it is to you, obviously, I try to hold back a little bit, a little bit of the jokes, but I think it's gonna be I'm gonna find it interesting to dive into some of the true crime, especially crazy murder cases of Ireland.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I was saying? If I do die as a result of this, are gonna miss him? At least you'll have a cool shel.
Speaker 5: You'll be fine.
Speaker 6: You'll be fine, and then somehow we're both gonna end up murdered because they're gonna, you know, tap people that they have over here.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I'm gonna get murdered by a short ginger man in a couple of months.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Potato, that's.
Speaker 5: A fucking antist joke question.
Speaker 6: Right, because every murder that happens in Canada only happens with a maple leaf or a hockey stick.
Speaker 2: So it's fine, I.
Speaker 5: Get drowned in maple syrup. You get the people used to think Jeffrey Dahmer got a stick up broom shoved up his ass. You're over here, you get a hockey stick just deep inside your ainus.
Speaker 6: No, they just they just stuff a whole thing of maple leaves down your throat and then pour molson down it until you eventually die.
Speaker 4: Very very quickly. Before we wrap this end of the show, I just want to ask about you guys. Obviously don't have to get like super into a pot. From both your opinions, what's like the I suppose missing person or disappearance or vanishing case that like really really sticks every time someone mentioned something like that, is there one that like sticks in your mind? You're like, fuck, I that just seems so bizarre and crazy, and I would love to know.
Speaker 5: Oh I got Alisa Lamb is fucking weird that it'd be like that elevator found in the Yes, the Siso Hotel, Yeah, the Cecil Hotel and me and Billy. That's a fucking throwback to a way older episode. But that shit is weird, and I just like debate if I ever want to do it an episode again, like covering that, but I think we did enough justice. But the at least the Lamb thing is fucking weird. Okay, because Anton got me into Discovery. Plus, I watched the fucking Ghost Adventures where they go to the CISA Hotel and like the footage of it because it brought me back to it recently. Is creepy. She's like looking out the elevator and then how she got into the tank and it closed. That whole entire case sent shivers down my spine, especially when you see the footage and you envision her and how this dead, creepy hotel that Richard Ramirez and Jacket Uniwagger stayed at. And then two serial killers stayed there, and then you have this chicken. Then how haunted and how many people commit suicide there? Like literally somebody jumped from the CISA hotel and then landed on somebody else that killed them. That's how fuck hotel or cecil cecil cecil whatever, what about you, Antonio band?
Speaker 2: Honestly probably the same that one.
Speaker 6: That one's really the one that it's very I mean, there was the case to be made for it just being unchecked severe mental illness and then she just in a paranoid frenzy crawled into a thing and died because there was no way for her.
Speaker 2: To get out.
Speaker 5: But obviously you have the black Dlia too, because yes, she she disappeared, but they found her body.
Speaker 6: But I liked that it's not really a disappearance. But I mean, I guess neither is Lisa lamb By that that's that's category. But I would say the missing four one one shit in the case, yes, And that's the thing that really comes to mind whenever anyone mentions missing people.
Speaker 5: Which we wanted to cover that and go in deeper me and just talking about strange disappearance is way back in the day of the show. But I would like to do more of extensive episode about it, because man, there's the cave system. Shit's weird and it is you know, no, we always say do it not that.
Speaker 4: Well wins, reptile wins.
Speaker 5: It's reptilians. Man, they're fucking episode.
Speaker 6: We can't go through one episode without you mentioning the reptilians coming mercy.
Speaker 5: That was pretty good. I enjoyed this a lot, and it was creepy because it's something I never knew about and.
Speaker 2: Saying like, this is my first time hearing all this stuff because we've talked.
Speaker 5: We know we it's finist too, but we didn't know you because it would have been pretty good to have all four of us on when we did the Irish Mythical Monsters episode for Saint Patti's Day, or when I got horribly drunk watching drunken videos for the Patreon and and there's for the same Fire's Day live show. But like there is, I've always liked, you know, getting in learning about different style cases, especially in countries which maybe I haven't looked into as deeply in Now there's I want it. I'm excited to talk about some some Irish show killers and murders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say that the one thing that still even after doing this and you know, rereading books and listening to podcasts and watching documentaries and doing as much digging as I could, I still feel like a lot of these cases are still like even this book here, it's it's you know, it's quite a stick and it's yeah, it's a three hundred page book, but I don't know, it still feels very just barely on the surface. A lot of the details I don't think, in my opinion, are really details.
Speaker 5: I agree, it's very vague.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like all these cases seem to be very vague and just kind of like, yeah, that's not really yeah. And then even when you go online, there's not really that many COMversations happening or rumors or theories. It's just kind of like, yeah, it's probably Larry Murphy.
Speaker 6: They're either keeping at the information close to the chest or they're just not investigating a lot.
Speaker 4: It seems like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: They don't seem or they don't give a fucking ship, which which happens in every country. Canada has that same thing when it comes to cops. They're lazy and they don't want to or they have ties to it. Who fucking knows. It's a it's a strange, strange case. And uh, it will be exciting to come back to the uh your country, the old Ireland.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, oh god, you have to work on.
Speaker 5: That Ireland going to Ireland.
Speaker 3: Can you give me.
Speaker 5: Your best Cadian.
Speaker 4: Canadian accent? Even like me, like just it.
Speaker 2: Sounds like this very urgo Canadian bird.
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 5: I guess you could go new Fee anybody go down to the potato farm.
Speaker 6: Anybody, I forget you're go new for you just gotta go trailer park boys.
Speaker 2: That's that's the Newfoundland accent.
Speaker 4: This is probably gonna be like it's gonna sound really bad. But a lot of times I can't tell the difference between an American accent and Canadian.
Speaker 2: No, because there's not much. Especially Minnesota and Canada pretty.
Speaker 5: Much the same Minnesota, Minnesota, eh, but you have different places like Texas and stuff and stuff like that where Brooklyn and stuff like that. But if you have like people like Joe Rogan always talks about here's that joke where he's like, uh, He's like, what do you know, everyone's got different accents and stuff like that. You know, he's making fun of a bunch of accents, and he was like, what are you gonna say about fucking co California that we speak clear and concise.
Speaker 6: Like don't They're like, uh, it is y'all fucking California, Like, uh, it's it's the uh the the fucking Californians on Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 2: We here.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm still waiting on your your attempt at a fucking American Canadian accent.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know he's not talking about my attempt at an American accent, because uh, what what I'll do actually is for the next for the next episode we do, I'm gonna have an attempt for both separately.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah you should, yeah, definitely do that. And you even uh yeah, that'd be that'd be a good idea. I'll work on my I have to I have.
Speaker 4: To go and actually listen to a Canadian as you can. I even notice the difference.
Speaker 5: That's sure, there's not there is really not much unless you go certain places of Canada, like uh BC, they have a lot more twang kind of in their voice. It's there is accents around Caada, but unless you go to Quebec, and then we just want to cut them off with a saw they can get their fucking crazy accents out of here. I list all our French listeners all right. That was that was a good show. I enjoyed that. You know, everybody show up there. Ship Obviously you know where to find us w w dot Strange roopodcast dot com, or you know, follow the Instagram at Strange wop Podcast. We have the host heads page on Facebook, but yeah, the website will direct you towards all of that stuff.
Speaker 6: Patreon, shelf Craft on Instagram, Invader digg It, underscore t tv on Twitch.
Speaker 5: In the time that the time this comes out, me and Aaron's episode on the Irish Travelers should be out where you actually can sit with us and you can watch the doc the documentary that we talked about that was a very fucking interesting episode. So shout that that. I'll be on the Patreon soon.
Speaker 4: Another strange folklore myth from Ireland to Travelers Strange yeah www dot class, hardcast dot com for me that that has everything basically to do with the podcast, social media and whatever. And as regards social media, I'm only really active on Instagram and even now I'm like terrible at that sometimes as well, Yes you are. I don't know what what's wrong with my account? I tried to like switch it to a business account and back and like my messages like go into like requests and like disappearance, like the archive filer that's older and stuff, and I'm like, I don't yeah, but yeah www dot class hardcast dot com and on Instagram it's first class horror.
Speaker 5: Yeah enough for everybody out there, stay stick classy stranger. Oh my god, all right, I guess be so watch the skies and watch your butthole.
Speaker 6: Tom's stealing my line just because I want on to shove a potato in his ass?
Speaker 5: Got a potato?
Speaker 3: Mom?
Speaker 2: What's happened here?
Speaker 4: Cast?
Speaker 7: You at the strata sphere, all these back casts trying to make raft book career. I had the laugh, that's the fast you had the scales that's a hare stabbing kill you let their passion, got breath and pails standing next rapping panic attacks where you'd let the scales camera actions.
Speaker 2: That's a pail and not gonna.
Speaker 1: Say you're masking how you feel, acting like you're real.
Speaker 5: You want to jump to me naturally.
Speaker 7: I have to be the grops NATTYMC that knows that the ghost of Anthony Ordaine is in me. The chef mentingly depressed goes being on his way to fame. No shame in me because the truth, so fucking live freak th.
Speaker 5: Chain is they have been in me a gluttony. You are so fucking chee.
Speaker 2: There's nothing to me to say. Fucking po police, you are nothing but shame.
Speaker 3: Go to sleep.
Speaker 2: Trust me you are nine MC.
Speaker 5: I guarantee you sell your soul.
Speaker 7: Were shot at MTV the bell told on the cluck of destiny, and I've su spent energy from balloon in my thoughts chemically unbellanced.
Speaker 2: If you mentioned me, you don't better be saying not. The FMC talent is what I have talents in my back.
Speaker 7: Fine with the birds off the ground, the lion church God is not around.
Speaker 2: The saying is go back to the faces pitch and I know what the matrix is.
Speaker 7: And I knows to escape, and you place your faith in nothing but hatred. So step back and to realize that this says nothing but big ship