Speaker 1: And now it's time for Basis week Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fon tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: Write a story in the Dallas Morning News and every other outlet in the nation. Researchers have found that Dallas and Fort Worth are sinking at a faster pace than other comparatively large cities.
Speaker 3: Dunt, dun, dun. Okay.
Speaker 4: Anytime I hear something like this, I think, I think. Okay, there's been a bunch of digging, like things have been removed from beneath the soil, Like, say it, it's it fracking?
Speaker 3: Is it digging for oil?
Speaker 4: What is happening beneath the Earth's surface that's causing that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What's making this metroplex be a sinkhole? De mayo?
Speaker 4: And it could also be uh water issues? Like are you guys familiar with the town Kyle?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh is that the one that was for sale?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Are they try to get the Kyles there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They always try to get all the Kyles there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's one of the fastest growing cities in America.
Speaker 3: Okay, all of Kyle's which one is it full of? Kyle.
Speaker 4: It's full of Kyle's and people not named Kyle, and they do not have the water reservoirs to support the new people, and so they are frantically trying to figure out how to get enough water to Kyle to support all the people that are moving in. Now that's a good problem to have from the standpoint of Wait, our city is growing, all this money's coming into it. But then at the same time, like, oh my god, we can't handle all these people.
Speaker 3: I was thinking of like coach of town, broken bows like that.
Speaker 4: For a minute. They were like, how are we going to sit? Like there's so many cabins now, Yeah, the infrastructures not what we need. And so getting water from underneath the surface, fracking, all these different kinds of things that are happening underneath the surface can cause that sinking.
Speaker 3: Okay, And how about this.
Speaker 4: I saw a story the other day that big conspiracy that there is a there's there are massive cities beneath the earth surface. Are massive things being built for the uber rich in case there's like a nuclear armageddon or something.
Speaker 3: Have you ever heard that?
Speaker 4: Absolutely uh to call it the Denver Airport.
Speaker 3: Denver Airport.
Speaker 4: I heard that the Adelson's bought the Mavericks to move them to an underground city.
Speaker 3: Okay, and Atlantis, come on, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and a lot of people on local sports talk radio are talking about it and it seems plausible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, this is not.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: What's weird about this is that we're so inland, like Houston is also listed on this. Yeah, they have a legitimate threat of a hurricane hitting them every single year.
Speaker 4: The erosion of coasts are real. But this this article is very clear and here's the money quote from this article. In my opinion, a broader spectrum of major cities are experiencing major a major subsidence at rates that need immediate attention. And then I just thought, there ain't a single one of us who's going to change any of our day habits to help do anything.
Speaker 3: Also, we don't know what to do. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: You know who else is on that list though that's also inland, is Austin and Santonio. In fact, I believe Austin Santonio or shrinking or lowering or whatever that term is, at a rate faster than Dallas is No.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no. They specifically said Austin's not but Austin's on the list. Absolutely, Okay, So it's a Texas thing that's part of it. There is the Gulf of Mexico and what is it called?
Speaker 3: Now, these colors don't run bitch the golf. I think it's called the Gulf of Trump.
Speaker 2: Charlotte's in there, though, it's you know, Detroit is in it. It's sinking a little bit.
Speaker 4: But do you know what else Detroit had didn't they have? Well, no, Flint's not that close. The Detroits have the Detroit I mean. And when it happens inland, what they're concerned about is flooding. Yeah, and that's about and that's what Charlotte is not far from Asheville, and Asheville just got decimated flooding.
Speaker 2: Do you guys remember the story from like twenty eighteen or twenty nineteen, big story that came out about how if the Lake Louisville levees failed, Yes, downtown Dallas could be in trouble in a major flooding event.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I thought about that the minute I saw this headline.
Speaker 4: That making me so nervous, can you see? And we immediately think of Katrina, right, think of my wife because she raises so much.
Speaker 3: Hell she does. Man, you don't want you don't want her levees break? Hey? What is the levee? What's the on a female? Hey?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: For seven eight seven one nine? Someone?
Speaker 4: You want to put that out there before Mother's Day? Yeah, it's Mother's day, dude. Come on, hey, girls, show me your levee break family show man. Damn is it down there? Hey man, I'm just being kevin.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, see, because if beavers are at the damn Yeah. Yeah, So when the water was to come into the city, we're going to blame that on the fracket.
Speaker 4: When the water was to come into the subject the other story that I had were talking there are no other stories.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so we gotta make this go another three minutes. No, no, we don't. I think what we should do.
Speaker 2: I'm a pretty big fan of the Today Game, okay, and I think if we got some of that all okay, that would really do this.
Speaker 4: But I agree, what were some of the other cities on the line. We're going to put the Today Game inside of you next. Don't miss it. It's coming up in just over three minutes. It's coming up on the Beninskin Show. Thank you for listening,