Speaker 1: Where you're watching Chewing the Cud with my Ben Roe and Lee Robinson.
Speaker 2: And I said, if I'm not being diddled by a ghost, why is my heine so cold? Hello, welcome to Chewing the Cud? What but if I am? And why is my my mi's my heine so cold? So cold? So cold? What have you got anyway? Today? I have a story about summer time phenomenon, phenomenon phenomenon before we gate crash a very important birthday party. We even have a game that you can play along with two but on screen now you can say contact details. It's at the cooked on your social media and if you want to catch up with previous episodes, you can always binge us on YouTube look for Chewing the Cud. Have you put a the shelf there? The ghost goost ghost sex? Oh tiny, come on, let's got on with it.
Speaker 3: And you can see the names of people have reached out on social media along the bottom of the screen book. Now we have Lee and this show business.
Speaker 2: James Bond. We have a fan of the James Bond movies. Do you absolutely hate James Bond? Not even like the Camp seventies ones? Oh this will change your mind then Luke Evans, the actor. He has addressed whether or not he could be the first out gay James Bond. Okay, so Daniel Craig, who is the the outgoing James Bond.
Speaker 3: Who is currently James Bond won't be for much longer.
Speaker 2: No, so he's he's about to start in upcoming upcoming drama Queer. He bowed out of the role in twenty twenty one and hasn't been one since.
Speaker 3: Anddemnic got in the way, didn't it. Pandemic got in the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thankfully so. But even before Donald Craig was quitting, rumors have been started about who was going to replace Daniel Craig as James BONDERLA was at one point tip tipped. And then I don't know who this person is. Aaron Taylor Johnson, Okay, do you know him?
Speaker 3: I do know Aaron Taylor Johnson.
Speaker 2: From The Fall, Guy and Guardians of the Galaxies, Will Poulter poulterka Polter and Rocketman's Taron Egerton. I know who that is.
Speaker 3: He've had a cold rim.
Speaker 2: But apparently did I ever find him attractive?
Speaker 3: Not as Elton john.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: Back to youth.
Speaker 2: So, but the number of Queer people potentially in the running is quite slim, but Luke Luke Evans has kind of said, I'm up for it. Cool now, just to remind ourselves and what James Bonds we've had. There's a picture of them more shirtless here.
Speaker 3: Jean Connery.
Speaker 2: Sean Conory had a nice body. I don't know who he was. He was the one that George Laison Bay Roger Moore sucking has got into for the You wouldn't believe Timothy Dalton, he's brossen on yep. Craig, Daniel Craig, Great Ray Daniel Craig, Craig the hottest one. Do you think Donald Craig was the hottest one? A little bit?
Speaker 3: Shan Conory, Oh, it was a good looking guy back in the day.
Speaker 2: But that's many, many many now, isn't he mostly no longer with us anyway? No, he died quite a while ago. Did he really died? Sugar Nott? That's dark. So Luke Evans was saying, I was like, wow, I could have I could have done in a really bad Welsh acts that. So Luke Evans has said, I was like, wow, this is like crazy, this is like crazy that I'm on this list. I took stock that day and thought people could see me as that role, even being a game man, which I thought was great. And it means that we are progressing. So that's him with his with his current partner, current partner sometimes that you know, existing existing the ghost. So he said, if it was offered, it wouldn't turn it down. I've still got some years left in me to do stunts and shoot a gun and wear a tuxedo. I do look quite good in a tux seed. Everybody looks good in a tuxedo. I don't.
Speaker 3: Everyone looks good in a tuxedo compared to not in a tuxed of.
Speaker 2: Greece, in Penguin, out of Batman. Yeah, that's me in a tuxedo.
Speaker 3: I stand by my statement.
Speaker 2: So he said, it's previously expressed and interesting. It's ready to play the character, okay, but there's no confirmation on the way of the other.
Speaker 3: I would quite like him to actually be a gay James Bond, a.
Speaker 2: Gay James Bond, not an actor who is gay playing James Bond, as I.
Speaker 3: Want James Bond to be a roamy, a raving homosexual.
Speaker 2: Wanting to be fisting people left, right and center.
Speaker 3: But because they latantly say that this person that is James Bond is not actually Jesus. It's a name for the agent. So he could be a gay James Bond.
Speaker 2: It could be a black woman, which was touted last year. Was kind of saying that this could be the next James Bond. It's not going to be because James.
Speaker 3: Bond and then the franchise will die and we will all be happy.
Speaker 2: Let's move on to something perhaps a little bit more palatable. Will Young. He's currently on a tour and releasing new album, but he's been talking about kind of his life as a pop star, and he was on a podcast and he was talking about how he went to the Palace to have afternoon tea with the Queen with a number of other celebrities, and the butlers and footmen kept coming up to him and congratulating him and saying, what did you think I was going to say, I.
Speaker 3: Was getting more slatious than you.
Speaker 2: So he was like saying he would call going for lunch with the Queen and noting lots of the butler's working at Booking and Palace were gay men. I think all of the men working at Booking and Palace are gay men. It was quite a big thing. Then you didn't often get a male pop star at the beginning of his career coming out. This has been back in the day. Dead Darius is no longer with us. That's Gareth Gates, so we burk it. Don't know who that lady was. I think she didn't she represent your vision ones, Jessica, Jessica Garlic. I'm not doing the show, but you do the show. Wanted to wanted to? Wanted to? Did you remember a threesome or one at a time a time? Because Gareth Gates take a while to get going, wouldn't he so exact they were coming up to him in secret, and when I came up to him and went under a tablecloth, so they cake kept coming up to him during the lunch and kind of saying fantastic, We're really pleased. So obviously they weren't supposed to do that. And then then I went to the loo and another one was like thank you so much. I mean I could cry. It was amazing. Why was why was he in the loo? Why was I mean Wilsonith obviously gone for a week or a poo. I would do that if I was over writing to the Palace for dinner week go and poo in the toilets. Yeah, so yeah, that's a nice story. So yeah, is this Autumn is on a forty nine date tour for his ninth album, Light It Up. Starts on so the album was is already released as tour starts third September. It starts in Safe End, then Reading York, Leoucestershire, Bright in Glasgow and all that kind of shizzle. There's going to be an intimate evening of music, stories and laughter and will see him head to many areas that he's never had the chance to perform in before final story. Jamie Lee Curtis actor, or as I like to call it, Jamie Lee Cruz in Like A. In Like A, she has revealed that she when she's on a movie set, she asks all the crew members to wear name badges because she's kind of like said that when you're a film on set, you don't always get to know who all the people are, and she thinks it's kind of like a courtesy to the crew. It's almost like a Jamie Lee courtesy. Yeah, so she makes everybody where a name tag, included herself. So yeah, she's saying that there's something really uneven about the position on a set of a movie that all the cast or the crew know the actors' names, she said. She said on the movie. So if we all are working together, we will be wearing name tags so that when we come in I will be able to say good morning and a name without a second thought, because I've learned their names.
Speaker 3: Are you reading the names?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think they wear them forever until they've learned the names and then take them off.
Speaker 3: I'll be changing my name EVERYDLM.
Speaker 2: The name tag we could do so recently and now she's Jamie Lee has recently announced that she's returning with Lindsey Lewhan for Freaky a Friday, which is the sequel to their two thousand and three hit Freaky Friday. What hits You very liberally there? Anyway, I thought that we should do the name tag thing so.
Speaker 3: You can remember what my name is.
Speaker 2: Just pop that on, Just peel the sticker off enough.
Speaker 3: It's not true, it's not true.
Speaker 2: Let's put it on.
Speaker 3: No, not have to read what yours says. Your name is not dominic.
Speaker 2: That's what I'd like to be known as from now on, mister Power bottom. That's the end of this week, showed his news.
Speaker 3: Well thanks for that, Lee, This isn't true, not a power button, just a bit gappy.
Speaker 2: Stick around because after this it's Mike and the Buzz, no watching, chewing the cord, Widdley and Mike and now we go into the deeper parts of the Internet. But it's Mike and the Buzz.
Speaker 3: If you're on death row, rephrase it, when you're on death row, what's your last meal going to be? Oh so, no, stuffed crust pizza probably not what your last meal will probably be whatever they're serving in the cafeteria. I thought, I thought if you were on death row your last meal, you could choose what it was, would be used to be able to they've stopped it.
Speaker 2: No worse, this is all thanks to one particular prisoner, or one Lawrence Russell Brewer. Oh what did he do well for his last meal? But there he is.
Speaker 3: Okay, basically, his last meal was so awful they've had to say, no one can do this ever again.
Speaker 2: Well, his meal was so awful, so awful? Well, what did he ask for?
Speaker 3: He asked for a bowl of fried opra with ketchup. Okay, okay, two chicken steaks with graving onions, right cheese omelet with beef and halipinos and capscumbs, A triple meat bacon cheeseburger.
Speaker 2: Did you like go out doing massive meat farts? Three for heaters, have not finished? Not finished? Three for heaters.
Speaker 3: Half a loaf of white bread, a fifteen inch meat lover's pizza, A pint of ice cream, peanut butter fudge in three root beers.
Speaker 2: Was he having a banquet? Was he having a little buffet?
Speaker 3: Left it and didn't eat it? He left it and didn't eat it. Just wanted to be an inconvenience. Oh okay, right, And so they went, you know what, this is a punishment. Your last meal is just a privilege.
Speaker 2: Do they make him eat it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: They just said, right, find you.
Speaker 3: Starve everybody else, have whatever's in the canteen that day. Your last meal could be all the other death row. He spoiled it for everybody, spoiled it for all the other deviants and murderers.
Speaker 2: He was a murderer. Was he not a murderer?
Speaker 4: He was?
Speaker 2: He was a murderer. Did not a nice not a nice person.
Speaker 3: I've always said that if I was ever going to be like electric Chad, electric chair, electric Chad.
Speaker 2: I would eat a lot of popcorn kernels. He's like, come out your nose, like, who's popcorn? I think they probably have rules about that kind of stuff. They're just so.
Speaker 3: I said that because people keep requesting these lavish meals and either not eating all of it right or taking so long to eat it that they delay the execution in two weeks.
Speaker 2: Because I've got the meat, shits, leave me alone. They I mean, some people would say, if you've done something evil enough to be put to death, you shouldn't be having a nice meal.
Speaker 3: People should say shouldn't be killing people. Just so you know, that's my preferred But moving on from that story, okay, because that's a bit po down I wasn't it. It was a bit of a downer.
Speaker 2: There's a story about conspiracy theory. Conspiracy theory around the Catholic Church built a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 3: Genterally called Steve Bassett who said that the Catholic Church knows about aliens had evidence. Okay, because you've heard about the Vatican Archives. No, so the Vatican Archives is basically that can keep everything that they can get in their possession and store it okay, so things like forbidden pamphlets and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: That forbidden pamphlets. Ooh, that's some serious stuff. What kind of pamphlets? So things like Galileo's pamphlet to make a Lovely Sunday. Yes, that kind of that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are saying in those archives there's evidence of aliens and of the Catholic Church is in league with them so much that.
Speaker 2: They've even baptized some aliens. They walk amongst us, they do. All used to why are they're gone? Now?
Speaker 3: We don't know because they've got no evidence because they weren't in the archives.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't wouldn't, Ellie, wouldn't aliens be contradictive of the Catholic faith because the Catholic faith believes that Jesus God made the world.
Speaker 3: Which one God or Jesus, because they're two technically different, but yet the same people.
Speaker 2: His dad, God, God made the world seven days of the world. Yeah, but he didn't make aliens though, So there's a little loophole behind that. There always is.
Speaker 3: There's always a loophole with these these books, which is that he created the world in seven days. This is what he created right one of those days he created the heavens and earth doesn't say that he didn't then go off and day eight, Right, I'm going to build this day. Now, I'm going to do this.
Speaker 2: It just stops a day I've just stopped. So, yeah, there's that loophole. Would you shag an alien depends? Ah, fit big dick. If the alien was fit with a big dick, yeah, probably okay, and they'd been regularly tested and't humanoid?
Speaker 3: You don't an alien. It's not not immoral if it's alien.
Speaker 2: Okay. I think the Pope might be an alien. Okay, thet there based on what I just don't like the cut of his jib.
Speaker 3: He was circumcised anyway. And if likely you believe that the pope's alien, why not share your theories with us. We are at the TV on social media, and that brings us, say nicely to our story of the week. Now a little bit warm at the minute, because it's summer. It is okay, and summer has many.
Speaker 2: Many issue and many an issue, so hey fever suffers snatty, snaughty teery theory heat rash and for those people that are blessed with the penis also gets summer penis Summer penis. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now what this is is basically, your penis goes on the beach holidays, plays a bit of volleyball slashly about the sea.
Speaker 2: You're with me for a little while there, and they went, oh, no, he's being a dickhead. You were recounting the plot of Top Gun. Yeah. So I just had this image of the penis is placed, penis in the same bobbing around that little jellyfish like a lob on.
Speaker 3: So this is the phenomenon.
Speaker 2: Phenomenon, phenomenon.
Speaker 3: Do be doo doo right, when it gets warm, your penis will actually grow, will it. It will not erect, just swell in girth in girth, leisure, leisure grower. So it's as you get warm the blood vessels open up. Of course, that's how your penis works in gorgeous when it gets excited and blood vessels open. So to cool down it will grow, which I thought was quite an ingenious way of cooling down.
Speaker 2: If if penile tissue expands with heat, just is that the same for vagina tissue They do also expand, so they have like a summer badge. They have a meaty flap that's a bit gippy. That so in the summer month. If it's warm, everyone's walking around in massive swallow sexy. Isn't it not really about it? Red bloated beef. I just said about motor boating it. The word beef cuts was the problem you had there? Yeah, but they said, the doctors said, don't worry about it. When the cooler weather hits, it will shoot back down to normal size. What a sad time. Autumn months are sad.
Speaker 3: That's why lots of people wear the gray sweatpants are autumn because they start to see it's drinking because it's no longer and they think we're going to get people to have a look at this'd it before it gets swallow?
Speaker 2: A corn signed, Well, I've learned something today, have you really?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, You've been inspecting people's crotches for years.
Speaker 2: Oh, summer, autumn, winter, and spring. I'm always looking at a grain. And that's all from the buzz this week. Thank you, Mike, Thank you Mike. You clearly aren't suffering from summer penis. Stick Around is a very strong word. What suffering is a very strong word? Ring stick around is coming up? We have you finished? It's me?
Speaker 4: Is it you?
Speaker 2: It's me? I didn't see it. Thank you, Mike. I'm sad to say that he isn't suffering from summer penis. Why are you sad that? Anyway?
Speaker 3: Stick around because coming up next we have a game to play in a game of the week.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, and yes you're watching Chewing the Cord and now we're going to go and play a little game. And this is the man who doesn't have a summer cock. It's Mike Big all year round.
Speaker 3: I'm ginger Annah.
Speaker 5: Day of the week.
Speaker 2: Are you ready for the game, Mike? And what are we playing today?
Speaker 3: We're playing myth or no myth?
Speaker 2: Myth or no myth?
Speaker 3: Myth or no myth?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I've got the word myth and truth written out in front of me.
Speaker 2: Pick al you are, I've got the words myth and truth written out in front of me. Pick a letter, a letter from the alphabet from the words myth or truth? Oh a letter? Oh, I don't know what's happening from and ah you said, okay, okay, health, Okay, the biggest health hazard in a sandstone is suffocation.
Speaker 3: Is that myth or no myth?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say that's no myth.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's actually a myth. Oh, I'm not likely to get your hand skin blasted off.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: And another health question, the appendix has no known function in the human body.
Speaker 2: I think that's true. It is true. I don't.
Speaker 3: Well done?
Speaker 2: You well done me? Yeah.
Speaker 3: They'll pick a letter A from the word myth or truth t t okay, work for differentty world. The official color of morning, he's red in Egypt, red sky.
Speaker 2: In the morning, Shepherd's warning, red sky at night, Shepherd's July shop. Just going through the process. Okay, I think sky in the morning, night's red sky. True? It's a myth?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: It's black?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What morning?
Speaker 2: Morning is black in Egypt? Have I slipped through some weird dimension that I'm having like a coma?
Speaker 3: Okay, right, so you know when someone dies and you're very very sad.
Speaker 2: Morning, I'm even morning as in morning. Yeah, because everywhere in the world has an official color for the start of the day. What I thought it was strange. The next question is chad and cheese is naturally orange? Myth or no myth? That is a myth because because the milky is white, it comes out and then they have to add coloring to make it orange. Correct.
Speaker 3: This is not orange.
Speaker 2: That's a yellow eye color. Nice, Like a lot of bodily fluids. When they dry they go yellow color. M Okay, okay, yeah, I don't know what you said. Crime, crime, crime, your current outfit.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: A crime, is correct, It's a crime, full stop.
Speaker 3: Right in America, more women are the victims of domestic violence on Super Bowl Sunday than on any other day of the year.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go true.
Speaker 3: Nope, it's a myth.
Speaker 2: Oh real, I'm sure I thought it was because in the UK. That happened in the UK doing an England match, England lose violence, crime, fine, crimes to increase, not in America where they have guns.
Speaker 3: Next question, Winston Churchill was once prosecuted for burglary.
Speaker 2: Burglary. Yes, not backside burglary, just burglary. Didn't force his wife to take it up the Roman. He didn't do a bit of turd burgling. No, I'm not sure because it was a posh kid, wasn't he He went to like posh schools he was.
Speaker 3: He was a posh kid.
Speaker 2: You're right, I'm going to say yeah, because I think he probably stole something from some of his tuck box or something. Like that when he was a Deaton. No, it's a myth, it's a smith. Mm hmm. Yeah. You know the word why because if we don't pick a letter, what to do with the game why because the letter why? All right? Okay?
Speaker 3: World?
Speaker 2: During World War Two?
Speaker 3: Remember that, don't.
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: During World War Two, the US Army kept blood donated by people of color away from Caucasian people's blood. Is that true or false?
Speaker 2: I'm going to say true because I know there's all the segregation and stuff. How would I'm going to say true?
Speaker 3: It is true, Assoles. I'm so glad the world is a better place now. And the next one.
Speaker 2: Coca Cola is so acidic.
Speaker 3: It's so acidic that it's used by the police for cleaning up blood after traffic accidents.
Speaker 2: Cleaning milk, blood blood. There's some sort of deranged vampire. Oh I love a glass of milk. You mean blood?
Speaker 3: Blood?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the red milk. I know that if you put a tooth in a glass of Coca cola and leave it for a week, it'll dissolve. Okay, not true, but I'm not sure if it will get rid of blood. Blood. So I'm gonna go myth.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that the thing that can dissolve bone, yeah, can't clean up liquid.
Speaker 2: I think it turns it into a froth blood froth.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not used by the police for cleaning up wood.
Speaker 2: It's a myth.
Speaker 3: It's a myth.
Speaker 2: We're getting right, then, you did, but Birdly, pick another letter, E E.
Speaker 3: Crime again.
Speaker 2: Hollywood was founded by a temperance society and had no cry at all until the film companies arrived.
Speaker 3: That myth or no myth.
Speaker 2: I think that's true. It's true. I think I watched a documental ring on it.
Speaker 3: Need to watch it was a cartoon, that's all right, that's what Martial arts star Boostley was killed by Chinese crime bosses for refusing to work on their films.
Speaker 2: I don't think you don't have a heart attack or something. I think that's a myth. Are you sure? Yeah? Okay, it's correct.
Speaker 3: It wasn't it, don't you?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Don't you?
Speaker 2: Next one? Picklet h hitch celebrities your special subject. A playground fight as a child left David Bowie with no vision in his left eye. Blind in his left eye. I know that he had different colored eyes heterochromia. I think that's a miss, he's dead now we'll never know. What does it say on the card a miss? Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And Freddie Mercury was born with six toes on each foot.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmmm, Well he had. He had more teeth than he should know that. I'm not being shady. He literally had more teeth than he should have had, like double teeth, because he stole them from somebody. Or I'm gonna say that's true, saying it's true he had six toes on each foot. Yeah, it's a myth. He had seven college foot seven. He didn't. He had five onege foot like everybody else.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, next letter you life or life or life. The referee for the eighteen seventy eight FA Cup final was named Stephen Bastard.
Speaker 2: With or no, I don't do sport, but I'm going to go with that's truth. It is indeed true because they could then have the show Who's the Bastard in the Black? And it's true, You've guess sping forever. That's the worst swear I've ever said on this show, said last like.
Speaker 3: The first ever England football captain died in eighteen eighty one after a night out.
Speaker 2: Of drinking and dancing of what dancing? Drinking and dancing, I don't care. I don't give a ship one way or the other. It's true. It's true.
Speaker 3: Any more than yeah, I'm bored of owing it for everybody to take the ball and go over cool, stick.
Speaker 2: Around as next Might crash a very special eighteenth birthday party. Welcome back to chewing the cord. And now we see what Might got up to when he found out there was an eighteen year old and free booze in spotlight.
Speaker 5: Just liking with me.
Speaker 4: We're seeking into a party. Daviel's eighteen not supposed to be it. I've britten the poop already. Shush, oh, people, So what does gadeo.
Speaker 2: Mean to you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 6: I mean, obviously great music is played, so it's always vibing in the background, but also just the representation.
Speaker 2: I mean it gets broadcasts around the world on the Internet, and also obviously the av and everything. But it's just to have that representation knowing you're not like alone in not only who you are but your music choices. I just love it, yeah, very much the same.
Speaker 7: I think it's great to be able to share your music with the lgbt Q plus community, not just in the UK but around the world. You know, it's great when those messages come in from people who are listening wherever they are in America, in Australia or here in the UK. I just loved the power that Gadio has to reach out to.
Speaker 2: Support the give.
Speaker 8: Do you know what.
Speaker 9: I came from Brighton when all radio kind of died in that city and Gadea came along in this legty like this exact same month. It took me on board as a presenter and I worked as sales down there. And it's always going to be a way where Gadium is a lot because it's kind of like the voice of a lot of people that I know that listen to it, that don't have a station to call their own, don't they don't have things coming up on their radio stations that support their community or you know, touch on most really heartfelt moments within our community and gay You just delivers every single part of that for them. And that's why it means a lot to me because I'm delivering that at the same time. So as long as I can deliver that across the board, the fantastic.
Speaker 5: I mean, mine's not as exciting as that, But I mean when I moved to Manchester. I mean if someone told me when I moved, i'd find my feet in an LGBTQ plus radio station.
Speaker 10: If you told me at eighty so I was gonna leave school, have a bit of in and out of work, and then Lando I'd be with a great job working for an LGBTQ PUS radio station, I would have been like, Nah, that doesn't exist, that's not real. And then since I've been there, it's just meant so much to me. I think, building an excitement about what the community does and the exciting things that we do do like, it's.
Speaker 2: Just a great place to be.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: So how long have you been with Kadia?
Speaker 11: Well, actually I started with Gadio December two thousand and six, so this year is actually my eighteenth year being involved with Yadio. But yeah, I wasn't there for year what what very first start?
Speaker 8: But what was there for year one?
Speaker 3: So after all that time, what's your favorite memory been?
Speaker 11: Well, I think favorite is the wrong word, but the biggest memory I had from Gadeo was the morning after the arena attack in Manchester. Usually it's christ and Emma at Breakfast. They were literally getting onto a flight from America and then I got the call can you can you step in?
Speaker 2: Can you do the Breakfast show?
Speaker 11: It was meant to be a really fun show from America, bringing like snowing or some bathing and one of the soup live and obviously like completely juxtapose and having to do that the morning after the arena attack was one of the things that just stands in my sort of memory of what radio is all about and what community is all about. Obviously a lot of the LGBTQ persimmunity at that concert because it was Ariana and yeah, just coming together and bringing that to the radio.
Speaker 2: Favorite memory. Do you know what?
Speaker 6: Probably the best times are the ones I can't remember because it's probably been a little drink involved. But I think if I had to pull something just from the top of my brain, I would say that Pride in London, when you go to a pride and you're working and you're going around and you're seeing everybody who's having a lovely time and free to bid themselves and celebrate, but also protest at the same time. Some of the brilliant messages that we can help bring to the air waves They're some of my proudest moments. I think, yeah, i'd say proud this morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Perfect. And so I found another victim, And who are you? I'm Anthony Murphy and I have been with Gadio now for years. I'm seventeen in your earth terms, seventeen years. Ten years.
Speaker 12: Yes, I've been on since we were doing the RSLs, and I've been on Saturdays now regularly for fourteen years.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be fifty and two years time. I was in my thirties when this started. Why does time go?
Speaker 12: It's not that it's going to sound remarkably cheesy.
Speaker 2: I would never do that.
Speaker 12: But every Saturday afternoon is a highlight for me because I did the Request show. So you get requests from literally all over the world, and you realize that I'm a Saturday afternoon request show. I'm a Saturday evening request show, a Saturday morning request show, a Saturday night request show.
Speaker 2: And there are people everywhere.
Speaker 12: Listening to me, opening my gob and reading out what they've said, and usually think to yourself, how am I getting await with this?
Speaker 8: I absolutely love it because I literally said, up a show today is we're celebrating our eighteenth birthday. That being able to just be my true self on air without having to think about, oh it is me going to mention in a boyfriend or males that I might fancy, like Harry Styles on air going to be particularly abrasive to some listens. I don't have to build on myself other than stopping swear is going on out and sometimes that is a struggle when you have certain guests with you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I love it. I get to turn off.
Speaker 8: I burst in the door singing every day and I've only been told off a couple of times by the Big Bossy, And but I blame that on, you know, having a lovely atmosphere where you feel like you can be yourself.
Speaker 2: What's been your favorite memory? Oh, do you know what?
Speaker 8: I absolutely love Pride season, getting out, meeting some of the atback stage and also just being in the parade doing loads of cool stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But the one thing for me that I think was.
Speaker 8: A certain point for Gadio and for my career, and I've worked events previously, was taking on the lead at the Gaia Pride Awards. Being able to pull something like that off with about three months to notice crazy bottom offed it amazing, great night celebrating all the great and good on the Lgbtkeepos community.
Speaker 2: I'm sweating. I'm sweating. I'm so sorry too, sad. It's very warm, it's very wide. I'm perhaps I can't believe you moved the camera. Then yeah, I love that.
Speaker 13: You know what, running a station like GADEO, there's so many ups of Sony downs, and there's so many moments they kind of stand out and oh god, there's so many. And you know, I think about when we did our launch party eighteen years ago. We had Bonnie Tyler there and you know, we had a drag queen that came out and everybody thought, oh, you know, we thought we were here for Bonnie Tyler and it's a drag queen, and then Bonnie came out.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We've done the Gated.
Speaker 13: Pride Awards, which is absolutely highlight went right there in our first year. You know, we've done some really great stuff and you know, all of it is about the people that we're here to serve. You know, we are really lucky to have those radio licenses. We have the FM licenses in Brighton, Manchester and then we serve thirteen cities across the UK, So you know, I feel really privileged and with an amazing team that can I guess take advantage of that and use those licenses to serve you know, LGBTQ plus people across the UK.
Speaker 3: Okay, So having been there since day one, when you think there's now adults out there who have grown up with Gadeo, how does that make you feel?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 13: To know what, I'd like to think that people have been on the journey with us. You know, as you come in here to our party, there's the story of Gadeo and you know, we started off very much as a Manchester radio station and we've changed and we sound really different now. We connect with the community differently. We work with people on a you know, on lots of different levels who are in the Gadeo Academy, which I'm so so proud of two hundred people a year get training in radio and broadcast.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's changed a lot, I guess since we put st.
Speaker 6: I was a Gadar Radio back in the day. I'm that old. I know I don't look it, but I'm that old. And obviously Gadeo took over the licenses from Gadar in London, so I was one of the gaydar lart that was.
Speaker 2: Like, don't forget me. I'd love to do a show for you. And then I ended up working for the sales team at Galeo.
Speaker 6: And I think Ian Wall, he's the director at Gadeo, he'll he'll thet he'll test of this.
Speaker 2: I was awful. I was so awful.
Speaker 3: They're like, do you want to buy an?
Speaker 6: I think no, okay, bye, Like it was so bad of it, so bad in it. So I've got another job elsewhere. But I stayed on as a volunteer at Yaaleo and then yeah, I did Gosh about three and a half years on the afternoon show, and then after that I co hosted the breakfast show with Jesse for about two and a half years, then left three years ago to go and work for another radio station. So yeah, I've been at I feel like I've done my time. I think more people get more from Murder than they do volunteering at Gadeo. But honestly, eight for the best year as well.
Speaker 3: I think it was so much fun, pretty really good, really good night to celebrate GADEA.
Speaker 2: M No, generally it's eighteen years is an achievement.
Speaker 3: Isn't achievement, especially in radio, where you know it comes and goes like that, so eighteen years come to go, but radio it shows like here one minute, gone the next it's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, with the community where they do of course, because it's a community station that's now expanded across the UK. So I think that's brilliant that, you know, even when other radio stations we struggling, they would come in and say, well, don't lose everything. Cool, work with us and expand it. I think it's a brilliant story, especially for the community.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is, Mike, So how did it all start? From the beginning?
Speaker 3: From the beginning, Well, very good is when you learn to read your being with a So Gata started off an RSL, which is like a limited license, okay, and they were at the top of a pub in Manchester just during Pride.
Speaker 2: Just doing a little bit of a show.
Speaker 3: And then they basically expanded and got an actual full time license and then just on FM and then remember Gaydagaida on the internet okay, yeah, the pre grinder Gaida. Yeah, basically they had a radio show with the digital license and they couldn't afford to keep it up anymore. So they expanded by taking that over and it gave them bright and coverage and recently expanding to Leeds and Sheffield and Glasgow. So they are really now all over the UK, you know, and overrated years massive growth.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's good that you know, they give back and do things like the Gado Academy and that they help people expand and grow their creations media.
Speaker 2: Oh that's almost the end of the show though.
Speaker 3: Remember to look for us at the cud TV on social media, and if you want to catch up with previous episodes you can always binge us on YouTube. Just look for you in the CUD.
Speaker 2: Thank you for watching. I will see you again soon. Bye.
Speaker 12: Happy birthday Radio, Happy birthday, Kadeo.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday, Kadio.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday, Kadio.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you're eighteen.
Speaker 2: You can drink because you've not done that yet. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Happy birthday, Gado, Happy birthday.
Speaker 12: Kado, Happy birthday too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Happy birthday to you, Katio, you're eighteen.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday Gado.
Speaker 8: I've had too many proseccos now, Happy birthday Gado.
Speaker 5: Back