Speaker 1: We're classified as a C tier for now. But these are the two things that came up. This person was talking about something they had heard and were told to. I don't know if this means they were told directly by any Mushetti or they were just like kind of game of telephone. So that's why we're setting this up right. But we have heard some things about the merge and whatnot, so this comes down to braving the Bull DC and Paramount. This was a trending tweet, which again this was a made up. If people see this account called Chaos Crave, there's a fake account. It's not even happening because they were spending a rumor that Michael Johnston, the guy who was the main lead and obsession, that he was in Negotians to play night Wing for Brave and Bold. That that's not true. All this account just makes it up all the time. But this person said, I have no idea if it's true or false. I'm assuming it's definitely false. But I did hear from but this is what he said. I did hear from Muschetti that all the work on Braving the Bull is on her hold until after the merger is settled. And then someone kind of asked for more details, and then he said, I suspect what it's likely is that Mushetti himself doesn't know if he's moving don't Brain the Bowlt until after the mergers finalizes. But he also doesn't also mention if it doesn't pan out him directing the film, he'll just move on to another film. He didn't seem worried. So, Taylor, what do you feel about like, because we've kind of thought about this with shows like Oustie last week we got Jimmy Olsen versus or whatever the people versus Gorilla Grod that's announced, but that doesn't work. There seems to be we've heard some scuttle but that some of these other projects might not be able to get green like we don't know the full capability. It sounds like something with the merger is maybe stopping DC from green lighting some projects right now. Right now we have clay Face coming out, then we've got Mannet tomorrow, and for films wise, we have The Batman, which isn't the DC, but it's still like a DC film right it's going on, and then for TV shows we got Creature Commandos, Mister Miracle and something that the animated stuff and the groad Show. I just I guess, how do I pose this question to you? Like, what do you hmm? Do you think it's Do you think, Okay, here's the best way the merger's happening. Do you think any shit if let's say this story is true, right he told this guy who's like a reporter right now, and let's say he told him. Do you think he's saying that just because he they can't literally announce anything like Hey, we want to get this merger settled and then we're gonna start going on one or on Batman, these big projects. Or do you think it's I don't know if All Mama's filmed, because after the merger things could change. Do you think it's like we're just holding stuff up for money wise, or it's a I don't know what direction paramount he's gonna go.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's absolutely direction. I really do. And I think someone could have said something like if the merger goes through. I think someone probably was loose about it, like, hey, why are we doing another Batman movie with a whole other story when we've already got a Batman already in play?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I think that could be one of the topics of conversation. That's someone even from Paramount through into the into the meeting room, right, And I get it. It makes it makes sense. Why would you start up another Batman thing when you've already got a Batman up and running, right, And I mean that you have to look they were doing. They would have done both at the same time, but clearly one got put on hold. It's funny because before, like before the merger, any of those discussions, James Gunn was leading the charge and it was like, Okay, Batman Part two is gonna come, but it's been delayed, delayed, delayed, Da da da dad. But then the bowl is announced. You know this we're gonna be working on. We've got our Batman. Da da da da da. And now okay, that's been put on hold, and Pattison's Batman is in the works, it's running, it's being made right now. So I just think that's kind of funny. And if if that wasn't the case, then yeah, you'd have both of them. But I really strongly do think it comes down to someone preferring just we've already got established Batman, let's stick with it. It's already this is how much money you know it's making, Like, let's just stick with this one, right.
Speaker 1: But then what do you do with the So in this situation, what do you do if Man Timore's a hit and the DCUs still go on? Because right now, Lantern's fifth biggest HBO was show and the numbers are good, and I'd say most reviews like, obviously some fans of problem, let's well.
Speaker 2: There's the thing turn into a TV show then, But no.
Speaker 1: Way, you can't put Batman on TV after Supergirl.
Speaker 2: I just I feel like someone's looking at that, and I think that's people in suits. They You can say the popularity of Batman versus Supergirl that you can make a case for it, sure, but the people in suits don't see that. They see money. And when you have a DC hero on the big screen it making very bad money, then I think that's gonna set the tone for Okay, this is what we can expect, you know, unless we're kind of look at it like, hey, this is our spider Man. This is gonna be a two billion dollar movie. But I don't think so.
Speaker 1: What happens if for the budget Clay faces a hit and then One Man of Tomorrow's hit. What if? Because it set this up for you because I don't know if you've kept up on this. What happens was they have to go to trial. I can't remember what it was, but it was like, oh, they could get approved not and it's like, well, we got to do a trial to figure it out. That doesn't happen till March twenty twenty seven, so like, and that's where the trial starts. So I don't think it's going to be like, hey, second week of March they got control of WB But let's let's say, for just to make it easy for some reason, the tro Go is great for Paramount and like March twenty twenty seven, it's it's confirmed, locked and loaded, you're good to go there. So that would mean March, and that's what April, May, June, July Manitomorro is only four months away, so you're not really gonna do anything then. And let's say you get to Mana Tomorrow and let's say you have Superman, Clay Face and Man Tomorrow are hits. So you're talking about the suits. But what if three out of the four movies they've done our hits? What do you do then? With like cause like you're saying, oh, like you gotta keep you maybe don't do the Batman. But at that point, sure, but Batman two is gonna be a hit. But if Paramunt gets it and the like, you know what, keep the DCU going, We're actually happy with this. That's fine. If they do that, then what do you do with Batman? Because you're gonna have to have a Batman eventually, right with Justice League and all the team ups and everything, So you can't and if it's not passing, you have to do that at some point, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then I would say twenty eight remember yet, think that maybe they just have Braving the Bold on hold until after that because they see how much a Batman movie makes in theaters post COVID and everything. Right, I think and see use this as a template and if this character makes a lot of money, then we're gonna go ahead and do Braving the Bold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, I get I get. So you say, if the Batman makes a lot of money, they're just like, we can have you another Batman.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's there, that's kind of their feeler, that's their their test.
Speaker 1: How would you because I saw this going around when the story was going, and I don't know how I feel about this. How would you feel if Passed and did both?
Speaker 2: Well, that would mean that it is part of the DCU, right.
Speaker 1: Well, well, you know, not necessarily, not necessarily right, Like what like they're I'm trying to think of. I feel like in the remember when they started Daredevil and at first it was gonna be like, oh, Charlie Cox is playing a new version of Daredevil, but then they put the Netflix on nudi in some people have said, like, what if you do that where this is like the early years of Batman. I don't like it at all, really because I don't want like that Joker and that stuff going on there, But like, would you be fine of Passing played like a completely different Batman but he's still playing like he's playing two different versions of Batman and different movies. I think there's no way that happens. I don't think he does.
Speaker 2: They don't do that.
Speaker 1: Unless Reeves is really cool with it for some reason. He's like, yeah, sure that sounds good. But here's the before I give my thoughts, Cloud says a full reboot. So Terry, let's say again that situe situation right where you said Okay, they get it. They're a little iffy. Superman's a hit, but let's say super Bowl as he didn't do well, clay Face is fine man and Timorrow does like fine to me. And let's say Gun's gone. Do you think they do a full reboot again where they're gonna go, we're gonna start over and we're gonna get a new Superman, green lantern everything like that, or even without James gunn do they just push forward with these pieces and say, hey, you know, we like corn Sweat, we like Aaron Pierre, but we maybe don't like guns vision with them, so we're gonna kind of pivot like what would you that situation?
Speaker 2: And don't then vision thing. I think they'll look at James gun and think, okay, we got to kind of move this guy off, you know, the table a little bit. He's coming to these meetings. You know, she's she can't take any constructive criticism, keeps wanting to have all these sex scenes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the first one they bring out. They have a dashboard and they're like the sex scene with wives and talking animals, jokes, and he's in the meeting like one at a time. Please. It was so great. I gotta share to you guys, but Pansy could. She became a patron producer, which I didn't plug. Everyone go join Patreon get over sixty episodes of this YERI exclusive ad free early episodes. You can vote on all the polls we do, especially in the next few weeks. We've got lots of content polls for suffered next year, for this year, like it lots of suff flowing. But she was listening to our original episode from January before Lestatt came out, and I say one at a time, in like in a loud way. It's in the first five minutes. I'm gonna shry guy that thread later. But for me, it is the gun vision, Like there's only like if they get it and they go if they're disappointed with the DCU. To me, there's only two things you do. It's okay, it's a football thing where we like the players, but we want a new coach. Gun you're out, someone's in. Right. You could argue though they kind of did that after Snyder when you had like Shazam and Blue Beadle and Birds of Prey, Like they kind of did that right and it didn't really an aquaman. It didn't really work out for them the whole, like just carrying on the same universe with a new coach that didn't work. But I would say, you do that or what I've said before, you just go back to now. And I know DC fans might hate this. From now on, every movie's like The Batman, where it's a one off. It's like the Batman, it's Joker. There's no more connected universe. Because I do think if they were to let's say, let's say Man It to More really disappoints and they let Reees finish his trilogy and then after just like no, and after Dark Night Rise is like, Okay, we're gonna start a new universe. I don't think the audience would be like, don't get me wrong. I guess Matt Reeves like sometimes takes a while, like these can take a while to get made. But I'll say this within the next within the ten years here, I don't know if the audience would be like hype for another DC reboot, you know, like I don't think you can like for a universe. I mean, like you can get New Superman, sure, but to do the whole like oh this is that you gotta watch this and this is connected. I think this is they're one shot for now. You can always do it down the line again. But I don't think you can just reboot and start over. And I think for the most part, even myself, we didn't love Supman. I really like corn Sweat and I like Rachel Bras in hand, So I don't really want to lose those those actors or characters. I just want to And again I'm not even saying Gun should lose his position yet. I think there's some questionable things going on now. But I've always said, like, you gotta wait till manatonmore. You gotta see that, because if that does hit, you can't take them out of the chair because then it's like, okay, well the main piece of the universe is working right. And for the end of Muschetti thing, I think it's a bit of both. I bet it is like, hey, we don't want to go like anything a big budget because we don't know because there's a universe where and paramount with the else and some of the richest people. Maybe when they make that Batman movie, they make it for a lot more money with the with the merged right where if it's just WB maybe they're like, well, we've got to really Like maybe at Paramount they could say, hey, you could make Batman and two other DC movies, where if it's just Warner Bros. They say, hey, you can only make Brain and Bowl this year, like you only go like Latin next year is only we've only had one DC. Well, I guess we've got clay Face, right, but with Superman and then Superman two next year, that's two DC films or two years we're just one DC movie. That's it, right, just one live action one. So it could I think it's that where it is money, where it's like, hey, we do gotta wait. But I do think it is and not even Mouchete. I think just in general I've said that. I even think there's a chance Gun could just walk and say eh, I'm over this or again people we don't. We have no idea how meetings are gonna go. They can meet He can meet with these els and people and be like fuck man, like we don't really job at all, Like this is not gonna work. I'm gonna go and make gardens for I'm gonna do whatever, like and same thing with them. They could be like you know what, even with Manatmore being a hit. They could be like, we don't like these movies, or we don't like how Gun's working, you know. At the end, they too could also be like we don't like each other, but if hey, you're gonna pay me and I'm making you money, that's cool. We really don't know, so I think it is more the direction as far as they don't even know, Like again, people like we've talked about this, but like we should talk about this more. James Gunns contracts up next year, it's not been renewed, so even to me, if like we don't know if James Gun's going past twenty twenty seven, no wonder why Andy would be like, I don't fucking know if I'm freckding Batman, Like he'd like if if the guy that hired you to get the job, and I think we've all had this, if you work at a job and you got hired by somebody, but that person either leaves and gets fired, and if they if you like them in your go to person, it's like, Okay, I'm dealing with a new boss, which sometimes can go good, but then sometimes like you don't have that back and forth, you don't have the history, so it's like, okay, same thing. Let's say Gun gets gone and Andy's still there and they bring in some other guy right offusly Big Dan Linz at Netflix. But let's say they bring him back and now Andy has to go to him, and that doesn't work. So I think it's that because Gun, we don't even know about Gun, so why would we know about Andy. I think that means what brain The Bowl probably wouldn't even be till twenty twenty nine the earliest. Now they're Batman, because it'd be let's say the Court if it goes well, the merger, and I don't want to go well, but for them it goes well, merger settles in March, you have to make a movie, so it's gonna take a whole year. They're never gonna put the two Batman movies out in the same year, right because now The Batman's out in twenty twenty eight, So yeah, we're looking at at least three years till we get the Batman movie. I do think that does heighten the chance so that Batman could be in the DCU, just not the movie. I do think he could be in Man of Tomorrow or something else, because if gun looks at us, say, hey, we can't make a Batman movie till three years, let's at least introduce him somewhere, you know, so we'll see. It sucks. But I'm not that Actually, I won't even say it sucks. I'm fine it sucks for people excited we got the Batman too. I'm seeing these set photos. That's all I need. I don't need to breathe in the bowl, you know that going on? So anything else to add on this?
Speaker 2: No, I got nothing to add Yeah, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: We got a long time again March. So what's that now? We're in August, so September, October, November, December, January, February, March. We still got seven months before this is all gonna be up in the air for seven months at least, could be even more. That trial could go on for months too, but like seven months up in the air, we don't know what's going on. So we will see. So we will be back next week for episode three. Check out the feeds. We've got tons of good stuff going on this week. The Golden Geys episode, a Weekly Geek episode, great Patreon content. I mean, Dylan gonna be talking some GTA this week, Big Juicy GIV week. We're gonna end episode, got the fucking hiccups. I promise you it'll not be boring by