Speaker 1: Make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free new It Improved iHeartRadio app Listen for all your music radio and podcast free never sounded so good.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, I heard a song and it just made me. It made me think of something, So I'm gonna play the song. It's by Ray Wiley Hubbard. Here you'll know the name.
Speaker 3: Check it out.
Speaker 4: Lola's got a can sensy humor. You got a tattoo down her arm. It's up potom Ain't a little mouse? Well a set of habit says snipe.
Speaker 3: Farm, snake farm.
Speaker 4: It just sounds nice to snake farm. Worry muses snake farm. It's a reptile snape farm.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. Maybe you guys aren't like you.
Speaker 2: I immediately went to my brain the snake farm on I thirty five, when you're driving San Antonio.
Speaker 3: That's been there forever right, Yes, animal world in snake farm.
Speaker 2: Here's my question. Have you ever met anyone that's gone to the snake farm? I never have actually been inside it. Yes, like has gone inside to the snake farm? Nope, GB, I'd never.
Speaker 3: No. It's one of those things.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, I've driven through Roswell, New Mexico and didn't stop and look at any alien stuff.
Speaker 3: I would have done that. I would have done it, Honey.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but yeah, I've never been in it, but I'm always curious about the snake farm.
Speaker 1: Me too.
Speaker 5: The fact that it's called a snake farm is the reason I've never been in it and will never go in it.
Speaker 2: Like how big is it? How many different kinds of snakes is there? Just like three snakes in there? Can you touch the snakes?
Speaker 3: Apparently? There's a lot of animals other than snakes. Have a cappy bara there, Oh they do. Yeah, they have zebras there. It's like a full on zoo.
Speaker 5: But the word snake overshadows everything else that they might have to offer there.
Speaker 3: For me, Trisha fears a snake like nobody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can go on field trips there. You can pet the kapybaras. Why do I want to pet a kapy bara?
Speaker 3: I don't know. They have a red roughed lemur there. It's a full on zoo. Doesn't sound like much of a zoo to me. Fanke's ruined it for everybody else there, right.
Speaker 2: Why would you? I don't know, I just found it funny. I was like, I've never met anyone that's actually been to the Snake for jibbi, how do you not go look at the al Roes.
Speaker 3: We got to go back to that, to that you're right there.
Speaker 1: I was working in Colorado at eight summers in a row at recently and then, you know, and I just would blaze there.
Speaker 2: I was just always anxious to get to where I'm going. I guess yeah, i'd have pulled over and checked it out.
Speaker 1: It's driving across Texas in that direction is brutal.
Speaker 3: You're excited to see roswell Man.
Speaker 2: You know. I did the you know court shift that he does fools roll every year, and I did it one year, and I remember driving through New Mexico. But here's what I remember is the roads were horrible. It was all I compared to the Texas Highways. The roads were all bumpy and not well maintained. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Boy, that stretch between Austin and El Paso Fort Stott, did I tend it is literally the self driving tesla's dream.
Speaker 3: Really. Yeah. He just goes straight. Yeah, you don't ever turn your wheel.
Speaker 2: Yeah you don't. You just for hours and hours. You just go straight to El Paso.
Speaker 1: I got pulled over south of Ille Paso going on one of those roads.
Speaker 3: I was going like one hundred and twenty. What got woh? He let me go. He's probably like people out here doing this all the time, dude. Well he he. I was real honest with him.
Speaker 1: He was like, and you know how fat You know, they kind of rope you into admitting guilt, right, yeah, he said, do you know how fast you're going? I was like one hundred and twenty, one hundred and ten. He's he's like, is there a reason you know? And I said, I just got this car from my wife. It's built to go fast. I thought this would be a fun place to do it.
Speaker 3: The officer's the safest place to.
Speaker 1: Try, you laugh kind of. And then he asked, this was a long time ago. He asked, well, what do you do? I said, oh, I do a radio show in Austin. And he had my ID and he went back to his car and he came back to me and he said, yep, I called my brother who lives in Austin to verify who you are. And he says, to say hi to your dad Gary. They worked together, and so he let me go on a warning. He said, look where, he said, the border's right there. Anybody doing anything suspect, we're going to pull over and investigate, We're going to shoot you.
Speaker 2: This is yeah, not a good play. Were you strapped? I wasn't well I drive to that part of Texas.
Speaker 1: I am, yeah, yeah, because you could break down the middle of nowhere to be a target exactly.
Speaker 2: It's it's kind of scary, right because if you do get pulled over with the gun in your car, you got to tell them first thing, is that right?
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, you gotta tell them. Even with the conceal license. I think it's probably good form. It's probably a good idea. Yeah, they probably appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Right. It's like, just so you know, I've got a loaded whatever in the glove box.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're like, thank you very much, hand them your concealed license with your driver's license. Probably exactly. That's that probably makes sense.
Speaker 1: I'll look into that because that makes sense because all you want to you just want to put police officers at ease.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they don't know what they're walking up on. I always roll down all the windows and I put.
Speaker 1: My wallet on the dash and hands both hands on the steering wheel. Just make it as comfortable as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think cops pick up on that. Yeah, you know we got and it helps, you know. They just at Brutal John that same trip that I was talking about, that that fool's roll thing. Drive to Las Vegas, we got pulled over. We got all the way to Fredericksburg. We got pulled over.
Speaker 3: Wow, didn't make it far.
Speaker 2: And my friend Brian was driving. He has a concealed permit and had a gun in the car and he told the cop and he was super appreciative to know that, and he was very very cool about it. So we started out with the Snake Farm. We went all the way to l Paso, and then we went to Last Cruises. It's just been quite a journey. What do you have to Let's go back to.
Speaker 5: The snake Farm for a second, because I was looking around, like how much ticket prices are?
Speaker 3: Twenty to twenty five bucks?
Speaker 5: Is it weird that you can buy a gift card for the for the snake Farm.
Speaker 3: Like to give someone that wants to go.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess like if we were if if somebody were to give you for your birthday gift card to the Snake Farm.
Speaker 3: Is that weird? It'd make me go hot show hit. That's sue.
Speaker 1: My daughter and I were talking about going to six Flags before it gets too high. Yeah, and I sure want to stop at the stake the Snake Farm, so it might be I might have to report back here soon, all right.
Speaker 3: You know they had they designate a Snake of the month just so you know who is it this month? Trisha, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to find the name of it they've got. I thought it's green.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 5: You can book an alligator Encounter two if you want to, JB. They got all kinds of stuff there. See, my daughter loves stuff like that. We've spent hours at Gatorland in Orlando last year.
Speaker 3: What we do they have there? The just lots it was building that it was building the fifties.
Speaker 1: It is a real action and it. Yeah, you can you can feed them. They're just And they had other animals too, and stuff like that, exotic birds.
Speaker 3: Did she ever own a snake? No, everything but everything but a snake. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We've had every kind of critter you can imagine, but no snakes. I kind of I kind of put my foot down on that one. Support you in that. It's the JB and Sandy shil Thanks for being with us, stick Or it's a good time to be a Longhorn baseball fan, it's a bad time to be an Aggie baseball fan. Stay with us. It's coming up on Austin's eighty station one o three point one. Jamie, you mentioned that you and your daughter might be are kind of trying to sneak down to six Flags in San Antonio before it gets too hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we love ride and rides. It's fun. She loves it more than I do, but I just do it for her.
Speaker 2: Our daughter is there is not a roller coaster made that she's afraid of, and she's been that way since she was little. I mean like I would and ride the Texas Giant in Arlington, Uh, the Wooden roller coaster, and my buddy had to take her. I was like, I don't want to get on that. I had been on roller coasters all day long and we saved the biggest one for last.
Speaker 3: Afraid of them at all?
Speaker 2: No, she was little, and so you said, you know you want to go before it gets too hot. Can we add the list of things to do before it gets too hot.
Speaker 3: Next item, longmorn baseball.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because there is no place hotter on the face of the Earth than the Long than Dish falk Field in late May.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god. Yeah, it is scorching hot.
Speaker 2: And the Longhorns just coming off a sweep of the Aggies three games, sweep, won all the games, and I believe they're ranked number one in the country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did see that, which is awesome. That's cool. That's gotta hang in there.
Speaker 2: Get to the College World Series in Omaha, which if you've never been, is a Blastrician I went.
Speaker 5: It is very fun, but I love it that they won with a home run in the Yeah, like, no doubt we were supposed to.
Speaker 3: Win, right.
Speaker 2: Long run baseball is a blast and they make it to the see I grew up in Omaha going to the College World Series.
Speaker 3: It's a kid And it was always, always, always.
Speaker 2: Better when the Texas Longhorns were in the College World Series, really yeah, because they had this group of fans. They had ring cow bells, and they had crazy and and five and so it's always a better College World Series when they're probably come in and spend a lot of money at the steakhouses and absolutely, which you know, what's kind of said up there is most of those family owned Italian steakhouses are gone. Oh yeah, they're all closed down, and there's a couple of them that are still around, but the way that my family went to is gone.
Speaker 3: Did you ever ever take you there? Piccolos? Yeah, oh you did go there?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, that was it was everybody news when Landry was little.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's right.
Speaker 5: It was cool to be there because you had talked about it so much growing up and you had described the food. And then when I went there with you, and I've been when a couple of times, I was like, it is exactly the way he described it, like how they lay it out on the plate, something special came in a bowl on the side, like it was a.
Speaker 2: Whole said you always got a side of pasta with your steak. Yeah. But Trisia, were you an EMT at Long Worn games? I know you went to a lot of Long Warn games.
Speaker 5: Yes, I was, And it's just ridiculous to say I was an EMT. Absolutely absurd to say that I was an EMT, that I was at the baseball games, at the football games, at the volleyball games, some of the swim meets.
Speaker 3: Did you ever have to like do anything EMT is? So was?
Speaker 5: I was the person who carried the bag for all the stuff that the actual EMT paramedics did to help the people.
Speaker 3: I was. I knew very quickly that I was.
Speaker 5: It was my field because if there was bleeding or vomit, I was out.
Speaker 3: But you went through all like that's exclusive training, right, I went through all the training.
Speaker 5: The guy that I was dating at the time, his parents had the contract with UT to provide the EMT and paramedics support. So yeah, and they taught classes at ACC. So I went through the classes and I was on the payroll and did all the things they supposed to.
Speaker 1: You don't want to hear when you're getting loaded into an ambience that he got certified at ACC.
Speaker 3: ACC is not bad. It's really not bad. No, I'm not. I mean, it's just funny. You just don't tell me just yeah to duke or something like that. Just makes me stop bleeding. Yeah, that's that's all I am. Was the bag holder.
Speaker 2: Hey, not to change gears too much, but Jabe, I know you're always looking for drinks like different waters and stuff.
Speaker 3: To try.
Speaker 2: There's a one Austin based by the way, called Brainwater that I just had that that I just got turned onto and it's really good. They do several different kinds. There's like this one is the Brainwater Active. They've got the one brainwater calm that helps you sleep at night. It's pretty good. You might want to know you're always into that stuff if you want to check it out. Yeah, I just picked up. I got a lecture from my daughter.
Speaker 1: I picked up it was like a carrot ginger juice by the case at Costco.
Speaker 3: She's like, dad says, like, twenty six grams of sugar carrots are super sugary. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I recently found that out.
Speaker 1: I looked. I didn't really look at the numbers. I just looked at the ingredients. I was like, well, this is good. Yeah, my butt.
Speaker 2: Your daughter is a little bit ahead of her time here with the label reading on foods, because she's twenty three.
Speaker 1: She's been that way for I mean since I can remember, definitely the last five years. She's hardcore. Going to the grocery store with her is a two hour event.
Speaker 3: Really. She reads all the labels, so.
Speaker 2: I mean that's very much at the top of people's mind right now. Yeah, the food with what's going on with the red dyes and and all that stuff that they're getting rid of that they should get rid of.
Speaker 1: Potentially, you think people are going to start hoarding coca cola if they want to change, although most Texans know that a coca cola with real cane sugar is so much better. The mexicanokes is so much better than a regular coke. Yeah, so I'm not I'm fine if that happens, But that's going to be an I mean, that's that's a big deal.
Speaker 3: People are going to fight about that one. For sure. They're fine to like go to.
Speaker 5: Their cereals that dyes and their cereals and stuff like that, some things here and there. But I think people are going to freak out when it comes to if they're a regular coke drinker or doctor pepper drinker.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? I guess I missed something. What are they trying to do with coke?
Speaker 1: RFK Junior is talking about putting a ban on the high fruit toast corn syrup.
Speaker 6: Oh well, they made it before that was invented. They can make it, I know. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's actually would be a good thing. You're better off drinking Coca cola with real sugar.
Speaker 5: In it than the corn hypertost corn syrup exactly, or anything with sweeteners.
Speaker 3: The sweeteners are really bad for you too. You got to be careful with that.
Speaker 2: What's that app I use? Yaka yeah, Yuka free Apple. You scan it and tells you if it's good or bad for you, And.
Speaker 1: Well, I've talked to people who've done that, and you end up throwing out most of what's in your pantry.
Speaker 3: If you if you go to the letter, oh yeah, whether it's a good.
Speaker 2: Or bad decision and try to eat that way, Yeah, you're gonna have to clean house. There's just so much money involved that we don't know about, don't you know what I mean? Like, oh it, studies get bought cats. We're going down a bad right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, you guys to decide if you want to drink your Coca colas or yeah, And you know that's part of it too, is like even if it's not a band, you just have to disclose what's really in things, right, and then people can decide if they want it, but they have to understand what it is. Yeah, like I mean, it wasn't until just recently that I knew that hypertostcorn trup's really really bad for you.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that until a couple of years ago. Seed oils, Yeah, that's a really big one. I don't know if I believe that seed oil thing or not. A slip of a guy talking about how it's made. You'll know.
Speaker 5: I thought a dietician put out an article that that the seed oil issue is being way over hyped. I I read an article, but you can read an article for anything on either side if you like true, hardon, very very true.
Speaker 3: We'll do this again tomorrow seven till eight o'clock. Be here for it.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us, you missed out on a whole bunch of fun stuff, including iconic restaurants in Austin and the year that are still open and the year that they opened up. Also a reminder we talked about it earlier. David Sedaris is in town tomorrow night and Thursday night. Trisia Yearwoods in Town tomorrow night, ACL Live at the Moody Theater. Congratulations to the Longhorns, number one in college baseball.