Speaker 1: It's the theme song of MAVs Vice President of Digital Content Mike Marshall here on ninety seven point one the Eagle. Now, we like to give things away and we use that free iHeart app in order to do it, so I hope you have it. If you don't, you're missing out. We're going to take the third person that gives us their name, their phone number, their email address via the talkback feature on the iHeart app, and the answer to the question what medical ailment did Ben suffer from last night? We told you in the first segment we broke it all down. If you can tell us what happened to Ben last night physically slash medically, and you're the third person with your name, your phone number, your email address, you are going to win some tickets to go see something cool.
Speaker 2: What is It?
Speaker 1: Volby the Greatest of All Tours with special guests Hailstorm and the Ghost Inside at the Pavilion Toyota Music Factory on July twenty eighth. Good luck, everybody. We got some Cowboy news to get to in about thirty minutes or so. But right now, you know, before we do the Hollywood Shuffle, I want to ask you guys something right quick. Uh the if you guys ever been to a restaurant at like a small house.
Speaker 2: There's a steak joint in Frisco. I think it's Randy, Yes, yes, oh yeah, it's a legendary Randy's got a hell of a laugh. Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 1: It's boisterous. Yeah, there's a place in Denton. Uh, I hope I'm pronouncing this right. I believe it's pronounced osteria ill muro dude, which I think translates to the restaurant of the wall or something. Okay, But it's like this chef and it's a little house, and it's in Denton. It's probably about five minutes or maybe even less than five minutes from downtown where like east Side and all those joints are. It's right around the court from that. But it's in what used to be a little house, you know. The other like you'll see this like I always thinking about this in rock Wall, like near a town square, there'll be old houses and people will convert them to their insurance office or you know the little CPA, little businesses, those kinds of things. This is just a house that has been converted to a restaurant and it does not seat more than twenty people, I don't think, so it's one of those deals where you have to get reservations on the first Monday of the month and they usually go in thirty seconds for the whole month.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: But apparently the porch the patio seating they do every day, I think, and it's the same thing. If you can get in, you can get in, depending on if they're actually doing the patio that day. I think it's only open four or five days a week, and the menus different every day, what type of food Italian food. It's mostly like they have three courses. Well, no, they'll have four courses, but the main courses like some sort of pasta dish, and then they'll have antipasta, which you say on Italian menus, which basically just means a non pasta starter of some kind, and.
Speaker 2: It's really really good.
Speaker 1: It's like really high end, and they do a new menu every day. I think the reason is now the guy that I was with last night told us this, and he could be wrong. The restaurant people didn't tell us this, but they don't have a freezer or whatever, so they literally go to the market every morning and get what they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Make that day.
Speaker 1: Wow, right, so super fresh. The waitress her name was Blinn, and she was badass. She had smart details about every single thing on the menu, like she could go down the entire menu and describe it perfectly. They had, you know, a really nice wine selection. They had four or five different beers.
Speaker 2: It was cool. But I love little experiences like, yeah, that's so much better than going to Poncho's. Well, what would you compare like this sounds a little bit like the sushi joint that's in the Hope Tell Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's a Macassa whatever, the scratch By sushi it's called.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we went to scratch By Sushi. But there's a lot of macassa kitchens thing right now. Yeah, But it's like you're talking about Bennet's usually twenty people twenty five.
Speaker 2: You know, it's small.
Speaker 1: You know, it's hard to get reservations. It's certainly a trend.
Speaker 2: In the dining world. It's premium.
Speaker 1: The place that I would compare it to that I've been to in Dallas is Nona, which is really good Italian restaurant, or Buddy bl works there.
Speaker 2: Did he really win Waiter of the Year again? Yes, number one waiter in the world, in the world, Okay, okay, I wasn't sure. Yeah, because I knew that he had had it, like nineteen consecutive years, I didn't know he got it again. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think there when he gets to twenty, they're going to retire it and they're just going to call the award the bl Server Riot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, he gets to choose a waiter of his choice, like the waiter of the year, like the man of the Year. Yeah, right, for those who are giving back in the community. Yeah right, yeah, yeah, it's like the Vaulter Payton Yeah for waiters.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But it's bl So you went to a high end Italian joint but didn't go see bl at Nona's what you're said. Didn't invite us and didn't invite us at all. But let me just say I would like to go. I would have gone. I would have had a way better night last night. Yeah, you make a touch right now.
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel high end though, like you know, it's not like it's it's an old house.
Speaker 2: Do they keep it decorated like a house? Like did you just go sit on the couch and like that in your plate as you're watching TV. That would be pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I mean it's been reconfigured for like bathrooms and kitchen and all that, and then there's a little counter when you walk in.
Speaker 2: But I mean, it just felt like being in a little video.
Speaker 1: We were on the patio, but I did go in to go to the bathroom and got to walk in, and I was I very much want to see, all right, how many people are in here?
Speaker 2: Was it weird rocking a deuce in a small house that was also a restaurant, especially just doing it on the floor there in the dining area. Okay, man, come on, man, ud.
Speaker 1: Kids are listening. You brought it up. It was your joke. But no, I would recommend it if you can get in that. That was the other thing. I had no desire to go to Denton last night. I was exhausted because I'd been in Santonio the night before. I flew in, did the show, and then my wife was like, can we please go to this restaurant tonight. We've been trying to get in for months and they just happened to get us in.
Speaker 2: Skin and I were walking. We were in the elevator coming up to the third floor, and cause he's too lazy to walk upstairs, and while we were in that elevator, he was telling that story in this lady. Right at that point when he goes, my wife said, do you want to go to Denton? And this lady goes ha like that, and she didn't get in good show privilege. Yeah, but she was just kind of laughing at him. You know, I think I personally loved Denton.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to go to Denton after flying in from San Antonio and then working and then yeah, and then I had to race home to get her and race out to Denton.
Speaker 2: I thought she was laughing at Hey, that's how relationships are, So you do things for somebody or in a relationship with it they really want to do and we're exhausted. I think that's what she was keen in on.
Speaker 1: And so what happened too is like I think I just got into the station and I was my head was ben and I was tired, and I looked down and my wife was like, I need to know right now we got to go to Denton, right, I need to know now or they're going to kick us out.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, uh, yeah, I want to go to Denton's So bad. Yeah, let's go, honey, I'm in. You're a good man. Though it was it was worth it. It was worth it.
Speaker 1: And now and then when you go, you have to go to East Side right afterwards and get a beer.
Speaker 2: You have no choice. So we got home from Denton last night at like ten forty five. Okay, it's not bad. I mean it's not good. I was already asleep for you. Really, what did you do last night? Christina?
Speaker 4: We watched F one and Severance.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, the movie F one with Brad Pitt.
Speaker 4: No, that's not out yet, dud to Survive is out. We're catching up on the new season. And then Severn. So we watched the weird episode where they're on the outing together. Oh yeah, good one strange, and then I passed out, like I'm done.
Speaker 2: Is that season two that you're talking about? Okay, so you're blazing important one? Right?
Speaker 1: How many have come out so far this year? Because aren't they releasing him?
Speaker 3: Hey, there's two more left?
Speaker 1: Okay, so they oh it's a ten episode, Yeah, they drop them on Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay, dude, I was thinking about this, like it. This show is so good that they have a chance to be one of the greatest shows ever. But we haven't seen how they end it, because like some people don't hit stick the landing, they could totally blow it in because it's so sci fi wild out there, it could be they could fumble far at the ending. Here.
Speaker 1: I got the sense that Ben Stiller was pleased with the ending when he was talking about it on the Camel Show.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: He wasn't talking about.
Speaker 1: The ending specific of the season though I think it's the end of the show.
Speaker 3: No, because they're right in season three, are like, we're not going to make you wait three years.
Speaker 2: Oh, have you seen what he does on social media? No, So he will search severance you don't even copy him or the show, and he'll find people that are pooping on the show. Like some guy goes man, this show, oh sucks. I just watched it on three times fast forward and I don't miss anything. And he responded with it's even better at ten times. Like he does stuff like that. It's awesome. He's just out there.
Speaker 3: He's like the first famous person ever talked to on Twitter, like when is ever started? Yeah, he was one of the first guys on there, and he would comment he would like talk back to you and at that point before everyone's on it, you're very confused, like oh wow, and not let to celebrities. And it turned out to not be that very long, but he was I will never forgear like does nine yeah, doesn't eat maybe?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's when it came out. So some other guys making a new social media thing. The guy not Jack Dorsey, but Jack Dorsey's other guy, the co founder of Twitter, okay, and he's at south By Southwest, and he's like, I've got a new social media platform, but no follover counts. And it's really just to plan like meetups if you're in like the same area. So it looks like it's gonna be a complete failure.
Speaker 2: I that's Oh, it's called Gangbanger. It's called or something like mosey on over gang banger.
Speaker 4: That sounds terrified.
Speaker 2: Do you not want to be on that app?
Speaker 1: I want someone to see if there's an app called gang banger, it's for it's for gang members to make sure they're not in a weird area with other gang members.
Speaker 2: What do you think it was, Christina?
Speaker 4: No, that's totally what I thought it was. Man, You're you're right.
Speaker 2: She's intimidated by gang bangers. Exactly. I am too. Man.
Speaker 1: You pay a lot of times just whatever neighborhood you grow up in, you kind of you have to claim that set that's right. But if that's the wrong gang to being, that's tough for someone like Christina's a good app Yeah, all right, and that's the Hollywood Shuffle. Coming up next the latest Cowboy News and around the sports