Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M. Six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Okay, it's time for swamp watch.
Speaker 2: Swamp is horrible.
Speaker 3: The government doesn't gonna make it like a reality TV show.
Speaker 4: A bad noose, always a pleasure to be anywhere from Washington, d C.
Speaker 5: Hey, Joe.
Speaker 4: A town hall too clearly built on a swamp and in so many ways.
Speaker 2: Still a swamp. I have to watching Malarkey boy said, drained the swamp.
Speaker 6: I said, Oh, that's so he keepsh You.
Speaker 1: Know the thing, so the voters that this debate is trying to reach, uh, they say, is a small group of no more than ten percent of the electorate who are largely moderates, who are undecided, or they're soft Democrats or soft Republicans.
Speaker 7: This is research from MSNBC. Right exciting here I'm talking about the pre viewing tonight.
Speaker 1: This was written by a chief strategist for at the time the reelection campaign of George w in two thousand and four, and he says that he did a back of the envelope calculus of how much a debate could affect the race he says, in presidential races, in the final weeks, the goal is to win as many campaign days as possible. And you've heard that before, right, winning the news cycle, winning as many campaign days as possible, and then hopefully by election day, he writes, the campaign has won far more than the opposition, and by the calculus, this debate, he says, is worth around twenty campaign days, nearly a third of the day's remaining in the campaign, and he writes it's for.
Speaker 2: A couple of reasons.
Speaker 1: Number one, voters give far more credibility to what they see and hear in a debate than they do of campaign commercials scripted events. That the debates are seen as more genuine, authentic insight into the candidates.
Speaker 2: Also, number two, the reach of.
Speaker 1: The debate is far larger than any audience you're going to get from these rallies or the commercials, even the scripted events things like that.
Speaker 7: That makes sense, it sure to, especially the credibility factor, because when you watch the commercials, you know they're obviously coming from that person's point of view. When you hear them actually answer a question, say from a debate moderator, seems like it. There's more as he said, credibility. This is Matthew Dowd. By the way, if you follow politician, you might know that name.
Speaker 1: Thank you for finding that, because I did not. So the perception, he writes, of Trump is pretty set in stone among not only his base, but also this key debate voter group. The moderate voter group, he writes, does not like Trump. What they're looking for tonight is a reason to support Harris. They said that Harris needs to give it that comfort to lock in with her this voting block, and that it's not going to be a head level decision by the voters. But we like what we were talking about yesterday, a gut level connection that they get from her at the debate.
Speaker 7: Well, that's what we were talking about early. I mean, who has more to gain or lose? I mean, she has to convince people that she's up to the task of being president. He's already been president, so we kind of know what we're getting with him. So that's why, from my perspective, she has a lot more upside than he does.
Speaker 1: So Dowd wrote three things that she needs to do, things that are crucial for moderate voters to jump into her camp. Number one, he writes, her ability to talk intelligently and passionately about issues like the economy, democracy, freedom's, healthcare, guns, that it's not so much the details, but it's her command.
Speaker 2: It's does she have the gravitas.
Speaker 7: Because that's one of the criticisms with her is that she has to have a teleprompter, she has to have notes. She deteriorates into that term word salad, which I love that term true.
Speaker 2: It's a great term.
Speaker 1: Well, she projects strength. That's what people are looking for. I think that was Biden's problem as you got close to the end recently, right number two. They say she needs to hold him accountable for his words and actions, not only at the debate, but in years prior. That's going to be a problem in my opinion, because he is such a lie lie, lie, lie lie guy, like untruth on truth, on truth whatever. He fudges things, things that he says to believes to be true or not true. But he does it so often that if you turn into just a fact checker, that's not going to be good for you either. If you're spending all your time saying that guy's wrong, you're not really getting that grat.
Speaker 7: That's been one of the criticisms of the hosts and the moderators in the past of the Biden Trump debate and even of the Harris interview, that they don't spend enough time saying no, wait a minute, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: And then number thir three down writes is that if she is perceived as comfort in her own skin, not taking herself too seriously, that these voters will give that credit and they will see it as strength.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't think that's an issue. I mean, she seems perfectly comfortable in her own skin, don't you.
Speaker 1: Think lately she has? Yeah, I don't know how it's going to be. Off the cuff. She has appeared to be uncomfortable in her own skin in some situations, but I think she's done very well at fixing that. All the optic whatever boot camp she was in as they were trying to make this Biden massage, this Biden thing, and Pelosi's working the phones and everything, whatever boot camp she was in with somebody who worked on elocution and body language and the way she comes off where she's smiling but not too big, so she's avoiding the Hillary Clinton school marm type thing that person, and she's.
Speaker 7: Gotten better much better, which says that she's paying attention to her advisors right and learning right, improving and because remember in twenty nineteen, I mean, she got no traction and dropped out. Yeah, and then you know, has not gotten high marks for being vice president, though I'm not sure who ever gets high much from being vice president.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's why they had they brought in Tulci Gabbert to help Trump get rid of because she just eviscerated her from what I remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been reading about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, coming up next, have you we should probably spend a couple of minutes on this Haitian immigrants eating ducks in Ohio story, because it's one of those Hillary Clinton is trafficking children out of the pizza Rhea stories that's getting.
Speaker 8: So much traction. Well, okay, you remember that, I remember that story. I don't know if I would equate the two. I mean that one was one hundred percent made up. This one at least has some origins in fact. Well, they're not eating no, not that out of the neighborhood, that pond, not that part. And we don't know that.
Speaker 2: I do know that, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I know that they're not eating ducks out of the neighborhood pond. Okay, are you buying into the conspiracy.
Speaker 9: I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it's not impossible to imagine.
Speaker 1: Okay, So back to swamp Watch. There are some polls here, so take from them what you will. Like I said, I'm skeptical reading the polling for a couple of reasons. In twenty sixteen and twenty twenty, like you said Phil earlier, a lot of people were reluctant to say they were voting for Trump and then turn around and voted for Trump.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And plus, you know, every election is different. I mean we're in uncharted territory right now, and that we really never had anybody vote for Kamala Harris as the Democratic presidential candidate right after Biden dropped out. She got the nomination by acclamation essentially, So the questions and the answers that are based on the questions, it's all uncharted territory.
Speaker 1: According to the latest New York Times Siena College poll, which is the best funded poll out of all of them, Donald Trump is up forty eight percent to forty seven percent over Kamala Harris. So that is within the margin of error. The margin of error for that one is plus or minus two point eight percentage points, much larger, three times as large as that is.
Speaker 7: That divide, But nobody pays attention to the fine print of these polls a lot of times true. So if it's forty eight to forty seven and the margin of errors plus or minus five percent, then essentially it's you could it could go either way way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The New York Times poll notes that voters believe they need to learn more about Harris while their opinions on Trump are set. And that's what that strategist that talked to MSNBC said as well.
Speaker 2: Right, everyone has their mind made up about Trump.
Speaker 1: They're just kind of waiting for Harris to woo them so that they'll turn out the vote.
Speaker 7: That's why I think it's going to be so fascinating. So there's so many different aspects to it. You know, it's not two seasoned veterans who know each other who've sparred before going at it. It's I think it's first of all, I'm going to make a prediction, okay, and you can hold me through this tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You can chastise me or congratulate me. I would never.
Speaker 7: I say, I believe that Harris is going to score a decisive victory because I don't think that Trump is going to be able to control himself as his handlers want him to and avoid degenerating into name calling.
Speaker 2: And I think that's going to be held against him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can't, he can't. There's nobody's gonna win over with name calling tonight.
Speaker 2: But does he realize that right or does he even care? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But enough about the things that matter. Let's talk about the Haitian immigrants eating the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Ducks, shall we.
Speaker 1: There is a far right theory that is being floated and has weighted pretty heavily on social media among the echo chamber that there are Haitian immigrants in Ohio that are stealing people's pets and animals and eating them cats, ducks from the local pond, and it is catching a lot of traction among the far right conspiracy theorists.
Speaker 7: Well, there are apparently a large number of Haitian immigrants in Springfield, Ohio, right in the where they're legally with the GPS Temporary Protective status there for jobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a Biden program, and that's something that you can fight over right. If they're taking up jobs that people could be using in that community, that's one thing. But to go so far as to say they're eating kids, cats and dogs and ducks is too far. You know, repeated it jd Vance of course, Ohio's jd Vance. And so there's an interesting a quote from a Springfield police officer. We said, people are using this as an opportunity to spread hate or spread fear. We get reports that quote, the Haitians are killing ducks and a lot of our parks, I'll get this one are eating vegetables right out of the aisle in the grocery store.
Speaker 7: And then he goes but then he goes on to say, but we really haven't seen any of that. It's really frustrating as a community. It's not helpful as we try to move forward. Did you see this AI picture of Trump.
Speaker 1: He's got a cat under each arm and he's running away from what appeared to be Haitian immigrants.
Speaker 2: I mean, is that funny?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think Ai. It's what we're dealing with.
Speaker 7: It just this is like how we sort of this is what we've come to, you know, criticizing people for something that doesn't even happen, and using it to fuel divisiveness, hatred, discrimination, pick your favorite word.
Speaker 1: I mean, I liken it to the Hillary Clinton trafficking children and the pizzeria story from twenty sixteen, But it's up there.
Speaker 10: I mean.
Speaker 1: And the fact that people believe this, that's the really sad part. That's like the mentally ill sad part of fake news. That people the number of people that actually believe that Haitians are going to the neighborhood pull ponds and taking ducks out and then just eating them right in front of the children is insane.
Speaker 2: First they cut their heads off, right, Yeah, all right, hold on, I got to pull up a food joke here as.
Speaker 7: I have a really good one, but given out earlier discussions, I can't say it.
Speaker 2: Oh really, why not? Is it dirty?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 2: It has some mature elements to it. Oh, let's let's do it. Can we do it on the food?
Speaker 11: On?
Speaker 12: The food joke has some mature elements? Does it involve a hot dog or a donut?
Speaker 1: Hey, Richie, what where did the spaghetti go to dance? I don't know where the meatball? Oh my god, let's hear the dirty one.
Speaker 6: Is with us?
Speaker 1: Our fork reporter extraordinary and we're talking about funguses today, we're talking about hot dogs, cinnamon to's.
Speaker 2: Where do you want to start, Neil.
Speaker 12: You can't go wrong on this list. It's about eight stories deep and they're all a little bit twisted. I like to do you want to start with the fungus because you mentioned that. Sure, so this is interesting. As you both know, the number comes up a lot with waste, food waste, and food waste is between thirty and forty percent. Now that those can be things that maybe we don't use as much, tops of carrots, banana peels, but also actual byproducts or things that are going that go into making other foods. Right, And this is a fascinating story of science that what they've done is they've taken what we refer to as waste, some of these food wastes, and they've introduced them to a fungus. The fungus grows and ferments and creates a a new byproduct that is actually edible, which is great. Nutritional, which is great, but also it's it renews. It's flavorful and people tend to like it, but it renews that so called waste into a new food product. And the closest I can describe this too from everything I've read about it is that it is like an ingredient that is already used in vegan vegan cheeses called nutritional yeast, which tends to make things taste like cheddar, like cheese. This particular process has been around for thousands of years, I believe in Indonesia, and it's been used to It's used to make soy sauce and things like that. So this could be a new way to squeeze more nutritional value out of things that we would consider waste.
Speaker 2: It's sustainable. There's the big it's green. They love green too, green sustainable.
Speaker 12: So it's pretty fast, fascinating tech. It's already used by sub Michelin starred chefs as it creates this new flavor and texture, and so it's not you know, it's not cheap to produce at this point in this particular way. But this new aspora neurosporo rather is pretty fascinating. They're saying that they're they're messing around with making these sauteed patties that are it doesn't sound sexy, I'm sorry, composed of soy pulp that.
Speaker 1: Has this soy Pulp that's got nothing but sex involved.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Soy Pulp is opening on the Sahara stage at Coachella this year. So it's just it's kind of it's bizarre, but it makes sense. That's how we kind of find new products is sometimes you know that the first person that found booze was by accident. Hey, how can the guy drinking the grapes.
Speaker 2: Is all weird right out?
Speaker 12: And it's funny, you know, because these things just happen it and that's how we've learned about how to preserve and new things.
Speaker 2: How did we find hot dogs? How did we find hot dogs? Let's put this lips and ask to get well, technically, well, they don't the way that sounds as, isn't that what it's made out of? That's a check that fetish page.
Speaker 12: There's a whole dedicated.
Speaker 7: But in the beginning of this piece, it talks about the estimate of the food supply that's wasted in this country and says, thirty to forty Is that a realistic number?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Actually it's closer. It seems so high. It is incredibly high.
Speaker 12: And I don't think we understand how much food waste and how byproducts, whether it's coffee grounds, whether any of these things they do have further uses. Coffee grounds could be used in the garden. As a matter of fact, there's many countries that use banana peels for tea, and we'll use them for other things as well. There we have to get better at using those things because.
Speaker 2: The food supply.
Speaker 7: You don't think of coffee grounds and banana peels, I mean you think of the food.
Speaker 12: Well, there's that as well.
Speaker 1: Hot Dogs are made with the muscles of animal meat. Other parts of the animals, such as the liver and the hearts, may also be used.
Speaker 12: But here's the thing they're not. I've been to plants. I've been to where they manufacture hot dogs. I've been to the coffee plant. First of all, it is the cleanest place you've ever been to in your entire life. You could literally eat off that floor, no joke.
Speaker 2: I would absolutely eat off the floor. Ye are you kidding? I don't care if the floor is dirty.
Speaker 12: Excuse me, where's the bacon red.
Speaker 10: We're in?
Speaker 12: But I will tell you it is. It is clean as you could possibly imagine, and they're using you'd be surprised the high end cuts that are going into those things as well.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: Hot Dogs are increasingly expensive stadiums. They say it'll cost you twenty bucks for a beer and a hot dog. It's Seattle Rams Chargers beer and a hot dog twenty bucks. I'll tell you this, it's not the hot dog that's putting that price all the way up. It's the it's the having people pay for the news nose for beer because they're going to buy a beer, and why not price gouge.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and then you give them the salty dog to make sure they come back for another.
Speaker 6: But the the.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah to hands slower, that's salty dog. Hot Dogs are great hot dogs at a game. It's just it doesn't get back.
Speaker 12: You were the first person I thought of when I read this story, because I'm like you not only with your job, but you're you love sports, so you're constantly going to see them live.
Speaker 1: Yet your brought So what I did the first and first couple seasons that I had this job fill for the Chargers is every stadium I tried out the brought worst. Okay, So we had a four hour pregame, so I had extra time, and so I would make my way into the concourse from the field, get myself abroad, and then I kind of judged the stadium broughts and found the best one. My favorite brought was actually at the Oakland Stadium, which is now not in use, one of the oldest stadiums in the league.
Speaker 2: Had the best brought.
Speaker 1: I mean they had the peppers and the onions and the spicy mustard and a bun that held up.
Speaker 2: It was just it was perfect. But that was my thing. Every stadium I'd get the brought worst.
Speaker 1: And then I realized that that was probably really bad for me, Like I was really overdoing it on the night rates.
Speaker 12: Oh that with your daily bacon, your walking bacon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you just had one a week maybe, Yeah, Well that's turned out to be a little bit too much for it.
Speaker 2: No fun. Yeah that phil one brought a week.
Speaker 7: By the way, where can you get a beer and a hot dog for twenty bucks anymore? Well, that's the point with beer close to twenty bucks? Sure, sure, yeah, but that's the way. Yeah anywhere, that's that's basically a happy meal.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 12: Anyways, everything's so expensive, but keep in mind that you are going to be paying out the the nose for getting a beer with a hot dogs now at any any game.
Speaker 1: All right, Korean cheese, powder fried chicken, all the rage. We'll find out where you can get it. Coming up next, Neil Sevadra is with us for Tasty Tuesday. I noticed that everybody calls it tasty Tuesday right or handles his foody Friday. But I was looking at the television today and I think it was Fox eleven calls it tasty Tuesday.
Speaker 2: A list. Should we change the name of this? Just something to think about.
Speaker 12: Tots Tuesday change potatoes will be like hyper focus. Then we'll know if they steal it.
Speaker 2: But he wants something potato so bad.
Speaker 12: I was going over recipes today and one of them was a hash with potatoes, and I was like, I'm in.
Speaker 2: All right, potatoes and cheese, power fried chicken. When we come back. Deborah Mark has the noose.
Speaker 13: Here's the latest on the fires burning in southern California. More evacuations have been ordered in the San Bernardino County Mountains because of a brush fire that's burned more than twenty six thousand acres. Fire Cruise in Orange County, a're battling a brush fire that's burned more than ninety three hundred acres in Tribuco Canyon, and a fire above Glendora in the Angelus National Forest has now burned more than thirty seven hundred acres.
Speaker 2: And jurors have reached a verdict in the.
Speaker 13: Trial of the man accused of stabbing Brionna Coopper, a UCLE grad student, forty six times in an audio recorded attack at a boutique furniture store in Hancock Park. That verdict is expected to be read soon. Southland weather from KF five sunny heights ranging from the upper seventies to about one.
Speaker 11: Hundred and four.
Speaker 13: This report brought to you by Personal Injury from Owen Patterson and Owen. We have roadwork on the fifteen in Corona.
Speaker 14: Cal Frans busy on the northbound side of the fifteen in the right hand lane. They're working between Elsa Rita Road and Ontario Avenue until four pm. And you have a solid backup to India and truck trail as you try to head to Corona. Now in the backup on the fifteen northbound before Temescal Canyon, hearing about a three vehicle accident taking up the left hand lane very slow. Right now south one on one heading to Downtown from Sunset to the four level, and you're slow through Studio Row in Burbank on the west one thirty four from Buena Vista to the North Hollywood Freeway split Well. Southern California is only airborne traffic reports. I'm Mike Morris.
Speaker 11: This report is sponsored by Robert Half. Nine out of ten hiring managers are having difficulty hiring. Robert Half is here to help their recruiting professionals utilize their award winning AI to connect businesses with highly skilled talent At Robert Half.
Speaker 2: They know talent. Visit Robert Half dot com slash talent today.
Speaker 4: The warm weather is here, which means it is termite swarming season. Call Pacific Coast Termite at eight hundred Pacific for a free home or business inspection. Certain restrictions apply, and even if you don't know you have termites, it's worth the call. And this is before the termite swarm with Pacific Coast Termite that means no termites, no tenting. Call eight hundred Pacific eight hundred Pacific Pacific Coast Termite dot com Pacific.
Speaker 2: Coast Termite Kills Termite.
Speaker 12: The Clean Friendly Way am Co presents bet you didn't know.
Speaker 9: Bet you didn't know that there are lots of things that can make your engine like come on besides your engine. Also, bet you didn't know that Amco's technicians are specially trained to diagnose what's causing your engine like to come on and.
Speaker 2: Fix it no matter what it is.
Speaker 9: Keep your eyes on the road and your ears open for another episode of Amco's Bet you.
Speaker 12: Didn't know doublea MC check engine light on.
Speaker 2: We'll check it for free. Restrictions, limitations and exclusions may apply. Ceemco dot com for complete details. Join Gary and Shannon for.
Speaker 15: A special News and Bruce broadcast at BJ's Restaurant brew House in Soiritos Thursday, September.
Speaker 2: Twelfth from nine am to one pm.
Speaker 15: Be a part of the show, enjoy lunch specials and when DJ's gift cards. DJs is located right across the street from the Critos Mall.
Speaker 16: Hey everybody, this is Josh and Chuck from the Stuff you Should Know podcast. And if you've ever wanted to know about Champagne, Satanism, the Stone Wall Uprising?
Speaker 17: Oh, how about chaos theory, El Nino LSD, Little true crime sprinkled in or maybe something historical like Rosa Parks.
Speaker 16: Yeah, if you want any of that or anything else you can think of, then look no further.
Speaker 2: We have you covered.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 17: Listen to the Stuff you Should Know podcasts on America's number one podcast network iHeart open your free iHeart app and search stuff you should know and start listening.
Speaker 10: Justice for All is such an amazing race to the pledge of allegiance. We've been saying it since we were little kids. I'm Susan Owen, managing partner at Owen, Patterson and Owen. If you've been injured, call Owen, Patterson and Owen eight eight eight OPO winsopolaw dot com.
Speaker 18: We've all heard mortgage rates have finally moved down, So if you've gotten a mortgage in the last two years, contact the Loan Exchange to check on lowering your mortgage payment. Today, the Loan Exchange is offering a thirty year fixed free closer loan at five point six two five percent rate and APR. That's right, there are no closing costs. Wow, you can lower your monthly payment without increasing your loan balance. Isn't it worth a few minutes of your time to find out how much the loan Exchange can lower your payment by the way. If rates go down further next year, you can do the same thing again without any closing costs. Call the Loan Exchange at eight five five seven five to two ninety nine forty four, or go to the Loan Exchange dot com for a free closer thirty year fixed rate and APR of five points sixty two five percent n MLS one sixty three seven five three nine loan subject to credit approval. See website for licensing information, loan terms and conditions, Equal housing lender Call eight five five seven five two ninety nine forty four or fasit the Loan Exchange dot com.
Speaker 3: It's the perfect time for that new dream kitchen because the kitchen store is having its big sale. Find the best place for kitchen cabinets in all of SoCal and the big sale by dialing three ten Kitchen three ten Kitchen and on the web at three ten Kitchen dot com.
Speaker 6: I was a ten year old boy holding the flashlight for my dad while he worked on an air condistri for a customer.
Speaker 2: His name was Duncan Goodrich.
Speaker 6: He didn't talk much, but there's a certain kind of magic that happens when a son holds a flashlight for his father. Dad talked to me while he were That was the first night I held the flashlight for my dad, but it wouldn't be the last. I realized that every time he handed me that flashlight, he was passing the torch. For all your HVAC and plumbing needs, visit us at Ghettle dot com g oe TTL.
Speaker 2: We'll keep you cool, but it's hard to spell. Contractor license one zero four seven seven eight one.
Speaker 5: The More bang Less Buck Menu and Carls Junior feature inner thrifty best four burgers and a lot more all under four dollars, like the Juicy Jarboryld Kelly Junior and a spicy chicken sandwich you just gotta have because you're financially responsible. Diehardburger lover deserved to save the curl Singer More bang Less Buck Menu all under four dollars. Take that inflation your burger rich, big burger, good burger linded time. Participation may vary text on including the restaurant for details.
Speaker 4: Vice President Harris out there mind, Former President Trump, you have to set the record straight.
Speaker 2: Go toe to toe in Philly. The presidential debate.
Speaker 1: Listen tonight at nine eastern on Iheart's twenty four to seven news channel.
Speaker 2: Or search debate on the free iHeartRadio app. Portions of the following program. We're prerecorded. We must keep price controls in check. And inflation goes.
Speaker 4: Up four percent that year, you can only charge an extra four percent.
Speaker 12: God wouldn't you like that?
Speaker 4: With cars and airlines and Disneyland tickets. You cannot argue we're a free market system and the government comes.
Speaker 2: In, you can only charge what inflation is.
Speaker 12: Bill Handle, it's impossible live six to nine am on KFI and on demand anytime on the iHeartRadio App.
Speaker 2: I just wanted you to watch us out slowly and.
Speaker 1: Gary and Shannon KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: And yes, we do have a verdict and it is guilty.
Speaker 1: Just after an hour of deliberations, a little over an hour of deliberations, a jury in downtown LA have convicted the thirty four year old man of first degree murder for stabbing that young UCLA grad student forty six times. It was an audio recorded attack for fighting for her life at a Hancock Park boutique furniture store. He was convicted in that January twenty twenty two attack on Brienna Kupfer. Jurors also found true a special circumstance allegation of murder while lying in wait, along with an allegation he used a knife during the commission of the crime. Trial now moves into a non jury sanity phase that's set to begin in October. He faces a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole if the judge determines he was sane at the time of the trial or the murder.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't you expect that to be done before the trial. Yes, As someone who knows quite a bit about the criminal justice system, I.
Speaker 1: Would think so. But I don't know enough. I know enough to know I don't know everything. Nil Sevedra is with us and we are talking food. And what is this cheese, powder, fried chicken you speak of.
Speaker 12: It sounds magical, It does, doesn't.
Speaker 1: It looks light and fluffy and fun and I just you know, I look at this, I say, I taste sodium when I look at this picture.
Speaker 12: And you want to respond to it like a like a good person, and you want to go, oh, I would never, But then you think about it.
Speaker 2: And you go, I would I wouldn't murder that, right, I would just eat it. Yeah, eat it? Yeah, I actually direct you to look away. Yeah, you go into your shame closet.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you got a shame closet there, Phil where you go and you eat the food.
Speaker 2: Nobody should watch you eat. Yeah, I know what you mean. Yeah, sometimes Gary and I will do this.
Speaker 1: We'll be like at an event or something and we'll have like a commercial break to eat something, and we'll just say to each other, okay, look away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is not going to be something anyone.
Speaker 12: This may be that just for cleanliness. Now, this is Korean cheese powder fried chicken. So imagine this break it down like a fried chicken, wonderfully done, perfectly crunchy fried chicken, but.
Speaker 2: Tossed in.
Speaker 12: The cheese powder that you you would get like with Matt Kraft macaroni and cheese.
Speaker 2: Right, So that's basically what it is. That I just made a box of Kraft mac and cheese.
Speaker 12: Doesn't crack you up That it says feeds a family of four. Yes, and you're like, Hi, I'm a.
Speaker 2: Family of four. It's nice to meet you. I'm chinning.
Speaker 12: Apparently a family of four right here.
Speaker 11: It is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it always gets me.
Speaker 12: So these more and more shops here in the Southland are taking to this and some of the combinations are they're very wonderful. So imagine not only the powdered cheddar or things like that, but they're taking other types of powdered cheese. Maybe it's a blue cheese or mars Capone or these types of things, and they combine them with a cheddar and you get this buttery richness the sharpness of some of the other cheeses cheeses and then depending on when you eat it, like coming out hot, it's going to have one experience. Then if maybe you take it home.
Speaker 2: Or it doesn't seem like it would travel well.
Speaker 12: Well fried chicken to me, I like cold fried chicken, the next stage's would be exactly it might be. It might it might be a different, slightly different texture, but they see the flavors.
Speaker 2: Merry well.
Speaker 12: So BHC restaurant in Korea Town's got this there, there's bb Q Chicken. It's a chain of Korean fried chicken restaurants out of Korea and now have moved here to the United States. So this is becoming a very popular thing. Of course it has you know, internet appeal as well. It is instagram worthy and it looks cool and it's got this Some of them had these bright yellow tones to them.
Speaker 2: But really, when you think about it, we've you've had like cheese popcorn like that.
Speaker 12: So imagine those that crunch that cheese that you know, that together in that chicken, but with chicken. So I'm by the looking Shannon's eyes. She's gonna run by the Vons, grab herself the Kraft Macaroni and cheese, take that little, you know, foil packet out of there, then run by, Oh we got canes down the street and just get a brown paper bag, shake that up, make some magic.
Speaker 2: No, that sounds like too much work. I'll just go to one of these Korean places.
Speaker 12: Too much work. You have never called me with a question about a food item that was simple. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. There's something dirty about.
Speaker 12: Raising lamb right now it's a weeesday.
Speaker 1: There's something dirty about, you know, getting into a Kraft mac and cheese box and then going to another place and getting some fried chicken.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm doing something like doing drugs or something you've done like in an alley sold you call him to consult when you're cooking. Sometimes, yeah, like for such a grocery store.
Speaker 2: Like she'll go, hey, I want to I can't find this. What would I do?
Speaker 12: But it's never something normal. It's always like something exotic. Yeah, like ten tiers up for midday. It just is not something I'm like, really, well, I can google the easy stuff. I need to go to you for the more esoteric questions. And then sometimes you'll get me on like, uh, I would say this, but let me double check it because this is my gut and then go, okay, that was all.
Speaker 2: The self taught knowledge of yours. Oh yeah, for the most part.
Speaker 12: I mean I've been talking to chefs and stuff like that for the last decade and a half. Do you watch like the chef shows on Tip? You used to quite a bit. I don't watch a whole whole lot of TV. But what about the bear? Oh it's fantastic, isn't that great? Chef's friends have told me, and from what I've seen, it's the most accurate. And one of the funny scenes that they say is most accurate is they make these little containers, food containers that they use for storing and the refrigerators, sauces and things like that. And at one point he's sitting I think he's sitting in the back and Carmie is drinking something out of one.
Speaker 2: That is so damn chefy. You have no idea.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 12: And the other thing about chefs, and I was joking with this with a chef the other day, is chefs will go work in a one hundred and ten degree in normal weather line in the kitchen in the back of the house. They're busting their hump. They will make the most beautiful food you've ever seen. They will go home later than anybody else on a workday and get crackers, cheese. They will wrap a hot dog in a paper towel, wet it and then put it in the microwave for your twenty six seconds. Totally that will be their dinner.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's so true, and it's insane, and you're like, holy hell, Wow. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 12: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio Lab