Speaker 1: Welcome to the number one radio health talk show in America, The Doctor Bob Martin Show. Doctor Martin is a chiropractic physician, a board certified clinical nutritionist, and diplomat of the American Academy of Anti Aging Medicine. The information presented on this show is educational in nature. Please consult your personal healthcare provider regarding health issues. You may have got a health related problem or challenge, not feeling well, and you just don't know where to turner what to do. Doctor Bob Martin is here for you and will do his very best to answer your health question. The tone free number to ask Doctor Martin a health question or to make a health related comment is eight hundred six oh six eighty eight twenty two. Eight hundred six oh six eighty eight twenty two. That's eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two. It's the Doctor Bob Martin and self.
Speaker 2: Well. It's been said that with health you have everything you need, and the goal here on this radio health talk show is to extend not only your lifespan, but your health span. There's a difference between lifespan and health span. Lifespan is how long you live before you expire and let's say you pass away at age eighty. Whereas your health span is how healthy you are and how far that spanned in your life. Most people suffer in their health span over the next thirty years, the last thirty years of their life. We want you to be healthy all the way to the end. Leave the stage with blazing guns, as healthy as you can be, dying in your sleep with a smile on your face. That's what health span is about. Welcome to the Doctor, Bob Martin shows me here as my co host. My new co host is doctor Adam Brockman, and he's going to be helping me shortly here with answering questions that you send into the caller hotline phone number of this radio show at eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two. Eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two. And don't forget the only bad health question is the one you're not asking. So do feel free to get as healthy as you can be by seeking out knowledge and information and calling our hotline asking the questions so that doctor Brockman and I can answer it on the air. One eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two. Coming up at this hour, we're going to have for you this week's installment itself at the Health Alternative of the Week, the Health Outrage of the Week. We've also got a product recall to tell you about, and we're gonna squeeze in between all of that the top ten remedies to improve lung function that you have access to. So if you're having any kind of a lung problem, that chronic cough, that mucusset never leaves you know what, that breathing issue out of breath, if any of that's going on, we're gonna tell you about the top ten remedies to help yourself become your own best doctor most of the time. And then we'll finish out the hour with the Health Mystery of the Week. But we're going to begin this hour right out of the gate with something that may surprise some of you, and it has to do with your blood type. Now, you should always know your blood type. Now, when you're married, you have to know your blood type when you at least it was when I got married and my wife and I were going to pro create, we had to know our blood types to make sure that they were compatible for the baby. And so you know your blood type. But as a doctor, of course you know your blood type. I think everybody should know it. So what is your blood type? Are you A type A, type B, type AB? Are you type Oh? Which one do you have? And the reason I asked that question is if you have a certain blood type, you're more likely to develop cancer. That's what the new research just out is suggesting. And why is this important? This is important to know that if we can determine that a specific type of blood type is more susceptible to cancer, it will give you license to become an expert in how to avoid cancer, meaning there are ways to reduce your risk of developing cancer, just like there are ways to reduce your risk of developing heart disease, the common cold, prostate problems, female related problems. You should be an expert in this area knowing your blood type. I know my blood type, and unfortunately, my blood type is type A. You'll understand why I say that as we get into this, those with the blood type A, B or AB could be dramatically more likely to develop some types of deadly cancer. Researchers show I just found out that I am more susceptible to cancer because I have type A blood how about you. Meanwhile, my wife is hit with a sigh of relief because she my wife is type OH blood, so she's somewhat protected from the ultra deadly pancreatic cancer that A, type A, type B and AB blood types are more at risk for a recent study on fifty thousand people found that those blood types, meaning type A, type B or Type A b BL blood have a fifty five percent higher risk of developing stomach cancer compared to those like my wife, who is very lucky to have type O blood. And those with a blood are also a sixth more likely to get bowel cancer. That's what the study found. Other research conducted on nearly eighteen thousand adults found people with the AB blood type had a forty five percent higher chance of developing liver cancer. Now, why am I saying this. I'm not saying this to scare you out of the GB's out of you. I'm saying this is a call to action. If you know that you have a forty five percent higher chance of developing liver cancer and you have Type A AB blood, why on earth would you drink alcohol? Why on earth would you take acet of metaphine or tilin all every day, which is poisoned to your liver cells. You see where I'm going here. This is called prevention, not to be confused with conventional medicine, which is not prevention. It has fixed stuff when it breaks, crisis management, which we need that system too, but it falls short of being considered healthcare. It's not healthcare. We're doing healthcare right here, right now, on this radio show and others like it. This same study discovered people with type OH blood and AB blood types had about a sixth lower chance of developing pancreatic cancer. The most common blood type in the US happens to be type OH blood like my wife, followed by my blood type, which is Type A. Experts are unsure exactly why blood types are at an increased risk of cancers, particularly those that form in the digestive system. So look, I'm looking at this thing, going, well, I did not know this. I better work on my digestive system. I don't care. I don't care if I don't have a stomach. I'm just going to give my digestive system a lot of love and care every single day, knowing that if I don't, I could fall off that slippery slope of increasing my risk of digestive cancer. Well, one theory is that different blood types produce different immune system responses to threats like bacteria, triggering changes in cells that increase the odds of developing cancer. And so that's where it's at. So you have these blood types, know your blood type. Doctor Brockman, what do you think of this breaking news about how certain blood types are more likely or less likely to develop certain forms of cancer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he gave some good clues into that, especially with the body's immune response to infections. I think a lot of listeners are probably familiar with shortened version H. Pylori helo bacter pylori. It's a bacteria that colonize in the stomach lining and I think a comparison can be drawn between gasric cancer in repeated infections with this bacteria.
Speaker 2: You're right about that. And if I recall, the World Health Organization says that about sixty percent of Americans have H. Pylori infection, he look go back to Pylori. It's a bacterium, ladies and gentlemen, that you can obtain or developed from kissing another person who has it and spreading it to you. Is so commonly in foods like meat foods, animal foods that are undercooked so that you're unable to cook away the bacterium the H. Pylori infection there, or it could be in contaminated water. So when you think the World Health Organization says sixty percent of the world has it, I think to a lesser extent in the United States, since we have greater levels of hygiene and sanitation, thank goodness, than other under develop countries, we're better off in that regard. But you're absolutely right about the H. Pylori and there's ways to check for H. Pylori folks. The most effective way to do that is through saliva testing. We have talked about the Comprehensive Digestive test on this radio program, which measures about twenty five bio markers, including for H. Pylori and other bacterial problems and fungal problems and parasitic infections, which most humans do have to some level. Even though you don't want to think about it or consider it, it happens. So it's best to get out in front of these things by doing proactive lifestyles and certain tests to make sure you're okay, especially if you have what I have, which is type A blood. My wife's in the clear to an extent with her Type O blood, So I'm a little envious there, but glad for her. All Right, when we come back to health Alternative of the Week, then we're gonna go right to your phone calls and questions. I'm doctor Bob martinh welcome you back to this hour of the Doctor Bob Martin Show. With me is doctor Adam Brockman, co host new co host of the show, helping with all the heavy lifting I've been doing for the last twenty nine years. It's about time. My wife said, it's about time you gave up some of that space and let somebody help you out. Husband. Well, I did, and I'm glad and I got the right person for the job. I can tell you that. And over the next months you're gonna learn all about that with doctor Adam Brockman's background and knowledge and his carrying personality. All right, before we get back to more of your telephone calls and questions, and if you want to join us here with a question about your own health or would like to just make a health related comment, you may do so. That toll free number nationwide is eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two and you can be your own best doctor. We'll tell you how one eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two. And of course, the extension of the radio program is the website doctor Bob dot com, spelling out the word doctor D O C T O R Bob dot com. All right, it is time now, ladies and gentlemen, for the health alternative of the week. All right, so a lot of people right now are suffering with lung conditions. They just can't get over that chronic cough. They've got asthma, emphysemo, COPD, they've got some breathing issues. Now, anytime somebody has a breathing issue, a serious breathing issue and you can't breathe and it's serious, you need to call nine to one one. But for the rest of you who just have that chronic problem, gulready been to the doctor. They're recommending this, that and the other thing, and some toxic drug like musin X or something like that. There are alternatives for you to consider. This week's Health Alternative of the Week is called Mighty Lungs. It's important to maximize your lung health by maintaining a healthy airway, to ensure optimal respiratory health, and to reduce the occurrence of all kinds of conditions you've heard about amphasema, asthma, rhin itis, and to reduce the symptoms associated with allergies which can lead to lung problems. You can move it right from the upper respiratory system to the lower respiratory system. Your lungs deserve a little extra support. They work hard every day for us to help us stay strong and well. But this nutritional formula called Mighty Lungs, accompanied by the name of Gaia, contains a proprietary blend of organic herbs like mullen marshmallow, root, plantain leaf, hawthorn berry, she cassandra berry along with olive leaf extract and holy basil. Now, all of these herbs that I just mentioned have efficacy, which means science has shown them to help with lung conditions. When combined, they become synergistic and even more powerful. Mighty Lungs is the formula the health alternative of the week. It helps to deliver and support the need for you to breathe easy. Also taking certain dietary supplements might be of some benefit to your respiratory system. Vitamin C, vitamin D, magnesium, omega three, zinc, extra selenium may also provide and promote healthy lung function, especially among those people who have those chronic conditions of COPD, chronic constructive pulmonary disease, asthma, epizema, and certain types of cancer. Then, on top of all of this, and this is sort of like a compositive different things to help your lungs. You've got mighty lungs, the formula from gaya herbs. Then you also have the upper respiratory system if it's out of whack, if it goes down, if it becomes challenged, like in your nasal cavity, which is where about eighty to ninety percent of all these infections enter the body through your nostrils. The way you control that, the way you mitigate that, the way you prevent that is you use clear x L eaar nasal spray. One of my favorite things to do, especially if I'm traveling and i know that I'm going to be on a bug ridden, a germ infested microbial zoo of elements on airplanes, clear nasal spray is another great tool when it comes to everything from bad air on an airplane to allergies, to cleansing and moisturizing your nasal passages and keeping them washed from the contaminants and pollen, dust mold that accumulates there. So, to sum it up, clear nasal spray to help you breathe better from your nose and improve the symptoms of chronic sign you siitis or some other nasal problem. And follow that, of course, a nutritious diet, get plenty of physical exercise, avoid smoking. They're the best advice you can give and the best way to take care of your lungs. And you can also tell your allergies to take a hike. Better yet, conquer that next family hike and improve your breathing and enjoy things. So this week's health alternatives of the week include a formulation by Gaya Herbs which is available at most health food stores called Mighty Lungs. And then you have the clear nasal sprays. These are available at natural Grocers, and if you don't happen to have a Natural Grocers in your neighborhood, you can certainly hit their website at natural grocers dot com. Naturalgrocers dot com and look for Just do a product search Mighty Lungs by Guya Herbs g A I A Gya Herbs Mighty Lungs and clear that's x L e A R Rescue nasal spreak. Those combinations are going to keep your lungs very, very happy. All right, Let's go right back to work with your telephone calls and questions at one eight hundred six zero six eight eight two to two. Next up is Andy calling in from Goodyear, Arizona.
Speaker 4: My name is Andy. I live in Goodyear, Arizona, and I'm wondering about the benefits of breaking hydrogenated water. How much I should drink if it's useful?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Okay, Andy, thank you for your phone call. You know, I've gotten quite a few phone calls on this lately, people wanting to know they've seen obviously an advertisement or some hype somewhere about hydrogenated water. Is it useful, how much to drink? Well, I've heard good feedback from people who have been using or drinking hydrogenated water. It's pricey, there's no question it's more pricey than regular water, but some people claim it has helped improve multiple aspects of their health and maybe it's just because they're drinking more water, you know, because they have to because they purchased it. But I've heard people say, yeah, I think it's improved my energy, my stamina, I have less pain. So maybe there is some truth in it. I don't know for sure, but hey, Andy, what would go wrong with you just drinking more of this hydrogenated water for maybe thirty days and then see if you notice any positive effects, and if so, continue Doctor Adam Brockman, what say you on this topic, sir doctor Bob.
Speaker 3: It's also been reported that hydrogenated water has any oxidant properties and may reduce inflammation throughout the body. So I think it's worth trying if it fits in your budget.
Speaker 2: Right, the worst it can happen is you separate you from a couple of year hard earned dollars. There any but what happens if your health improves? What's that worth? It's priceless. Right, Let's go to the next phone call. Next up is Janice in Pullman, Washington.
Speaker 6: Janice Pullman, Washington. I take simba statin and it's affecting my short term memory. I'm getting to where I can't remember anything, you know, I'm trying to do during the day and want to know if I can just stop taking it and or do it. Could I cut down half a pill and take that for a while and then none can I quit taking simba st Thank you?
Speaker 2: Okay, Jennis, thank you for your phone call. First of all, you need to talk to your doctor or your pharmacist about stopping the drug. But a lot of people stop these stat and drugs, these cholesterol learning drugs because they do develop symptoms, They do develop muscle pain, or they have memory loss, which is very common. I suggest maybe a new doctor who will find out why you're making excessive cholesterol and maybe start measuring other things that cause the body to make excessive cholesterol beyond your genes, Like maybe you need to find a doctor who's willing to look at you further and measure homocysteine, APO, lipoprotein B, do a cardio sensitive C reactive protein test, or your fibrinogen. These are blood tests that you need to have to determine why your body is making excessive cholesterol and are more important in my opinion than just looking at total cholesterol and LDL and HDL. All right, hope this helps out. Jennis. Thank you for your phone call.
Speaker 7: Everybody's got a fame mistakes, but everybody's got a choice to make.
Speaker 2: Everybody needs to leave the faith. When are you taking yours?
Speaker 8: What are you?
Speaker 2: Info? And I welcome you back to this hour of the Doctor Bob Martin Show. Our special co host is with us, doctor Adam Brockman, waiting in the wings for more information from him on questions coming up. We're going to because of just time and the fact that we're getting a little bit behind on our list of questions to answer, We're going to bypass this week's health alternative of the week and go right to the product recall of the week. Oh, here we go again. Trader Joe's in the news. They just can't stay out of the news as it relates to product problems in those stores. Maybe that's why I don't shop there and won't shop there. Trader Joe's recalling sixty one thousand bottles of sparkling water due to safety hazard and you should throw them out if you've purchased the sparkling water over at Trader Joe's. Throw them out, they say, as soon as possible. The bottles contain a red, white and blue label with jarl Steiner on the front jeral Steiner. No injuries have been reported to date, but the bottles were sold between December twenty twenty four in January twenty twenty five and twelve states including Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, all states at this radio show by the Way broadcasts into They were sold in sold for three dollars each. The company is people to stop using the Sparkling Water bottles and return them to their place of purchase for a full refund. So, if you purchased sparkling water with a red, white and blue label on it anytime recently from Trader Joe's that has the label on that says Gerald G E R O L Steiner s T E I N E R, take it back at your money back and then never go to Trader Joe's ever again. I won't, but that's your choice. All right. Let's get back to work with your telephone calls and your questions. Doctor Brockman. Let's go next to Scott in upstate New York.
Speaker 8: Hey, Bob, this is Scott from upstate New York. By the way, we love your show and we love the great information that you've been putting out there for years. Two years ago, I had a blockage and a small artery off the main ardy in my heart. But at that point they did not stand it because of risks outweighed the rewards because of the art was too small to stend. So at that point they started me on some Life centerprol blood pressure mess and Answer Andrew gus Stanton for cholesterol and some plavix. But at eight months they took me off the plavix, and two years later they want to put me back on the plavix. And I've done stress tests in the meantime. My blood work was very well. The LDLs were good too. So my question is is there any alternative the plavix that I could use and go forward from here? I thank you, Bob and appreciate you answering this question.
Speaker 2: Had a great day, Okay, Scott. We appreciate you for calling in and listening to the program. Thank you for that. In your kind comments, Doctor Brockman, how would you begin with somebody who's in Scott's position, where they've got him in the crosshairs of stinting, which is nothing more than kicking the can down the road. It's a temporary fix if it does anything. Way too many of these stint procedures have been done in the past, and there's been a lot of now controversy in the cardiology arena of medicine about how these stints are temporary and put people at great risk, even though they obviously save lives too. What do you what do you? Where do you begin with a person like Scott from your vantage point.
Speaker 3: Well, doctor Bob, I would start with some supplements. You have to make sure your blood is monitored, so so get some get a blood panel. We want to look at some not only those the important things like cholesterol, but also some of the nutrients that are in there. So need to be a qualified professional to do all of that. But as far as supplements go, I recommend Kyolic's Formula one oh eight. It's available at Finer health food stores and also Vascular Defense by some Nutrition and that's available at sunnutrition dot com spelling it out. Also investigate some O tulation therapy, and most important is to do some cardiovascular exercise. And I hear a lot of times patients will say, oh, well, doctor Brockman, I get enough exercise through walking around at work. It's it's totally different. It needs to be a dedicated twenty to thirty minutes to raise that heart rate and get the benefits of getting that heart pumping. So cardiovascular exercise is going to be important here, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No question about it. And Scott, your atherosclerosis, which is really what you have here, has been developing over decades, decades, probably since you're a child, and then it gets to the point where your doctor finds it or you start having symptoms, and then they find it, and there is a way to reverse this totally reversible. And what I would suggest you look at is a book written by a doctor. Dean Ornish, graduate of Yale Medical School, wrote a book entitled Reversing Heart Disease. It can be done. Nathan Prittican has proved that which he was alive and I interviewed him. I've interviewed doctor Dean orders here on the show in the past. But Nathan Prittigan, a lay person in Santa Barbara, California, proved that you could put people on a low fat diet, give them exercise, lowered their stress, and reverse heart disease. He proved it. He didn't know how it was working, but it was working and saved a lot of people from heart surgery and early death. So and the other thing about this, Scott, your doctor needs to be measuring in your blood inflammatory markers. The smoking gun here with heart disease is not cholesterol. Cholesterol is sort of like an after effect, meaning the cholesterol runs to the area where the inflammation is in your arteries or in your tissues to try to mitigate the problem, to put a liquid fat band aid on it. It's not the problem though, So that's why we got to get away from this, uh, you know, stating only and then and then and then you do the blood thinning agents, the plavix and the eloquists and all of that. Oh good, I mean that's emergency stuff. It's patchwork. It's temporary. It does not get to the heart of the problem or the cause of the problem. The problem is about what you've eaten, what you've smoked, the lack of exercises you know, somewhere in your life, and and maybe the propensity towards the issues genetically set you up. But the lifestyle you lived really was was the trigger of it all. So again get the book Reversing Heart Disease Doctor Dean Ornish, I highly recommend the subtlement. Said Doctor Brockman. Just recited the Kyolic garb formula one O eight or one oh nine. You can get those at any health food store. Been proven at UCLA Medical Center. Coyola garlic has been proven at ucl Medical Center by doctor Boodoff to reverse athleosclerotic plaques in the arteries. You add that to the vascular defense formula by Sun Nutrition at Sunnutrition dot com, and then consider kelation therapy and you're going to have the best of the best of the best. Now, if you're going to do this program, you make sure that your blood is being monitored by a doctor, because if you're on plavix and all of a sudden you start getting better on vascular defense or Kyolic's formula one O eight or one O nine, they may want to take you off the plavix or off of whatever drug they're on, because now you're self sufficient and doing well. Appreciate your phone call, Scott, Stay tuned. We'll be right back.
Speaker 9: So sorry, I'm a bust of this number.
Speaker 7: Simoncible one never single days. I don't okay up.
Speaker 2: Today, and I welcome you back to the Doctor Bob Martin Show. Appreciate you tuning into the program and you as you hear people calling into the show, I want you to believe and know and have confidence in that you can do the very same thing by stepping over to your telephone and just for a moment thinking about what's going wrong with your health, how you're not feeling as well as you would like to, and you would like to find out how to get better and how to become your own best doctor. Most of the time, it's that easy, and doctor Brockman and myself will answer your phone call on the air. Simply call this toll free number nationwide eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two one eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two in the website doctor Bob dot com spelling out the word doctor. All right before you go back to your telephone calls and questions. Next up or next is the top ten list of how to improve your lung function. Well, we wanted you to know about ten natural substances that improve respiratory function. Here's a list of ten functional herbal medicines and foods that have been studied for their potential to improve airwave function and respiratory health. So if you or somebody you know has long related challenges and it seems like we all, I'll do at some point in time listen up. Number ten on the list green tea. It contains catechins which are antioxidants and anti inflammatories and can help protect against lung damage. Why do you think all those Japanese men can smoke like chimneys and not have higher lung cancer than anybody else in the world. In fact, they have lower lung cancer than anybody in the United States because they're offsetting it with the green tea. That's number nine number and I don't recommend taking up smoking and drinking green tea, by the way. Number nine on the list garlic. Garlic has nice respiratory reduction of infection and lung health improvement associated with it. Number eight on the list. Eucalyptus oil, number seven. Licorice root in the top ten natural remedies that improve lung function. Number six ginger. Ginger is a potent anti inflammatory and a broncho dilator helps asthma symptoms. It improves lung function. Number five on the list of top ten natural remedies that improve lung function. Shessander berry number four, curcumin number three Mullein mullin is an amazing herb that helps with respiratory inflammation, reduces cough, and thins mucus. Out. Chuck that musin X to the curb. It's poisonous. Number two on the list sarah peptase and the enzyme of proteladic enzyme. And then number one substance which improves respiratory function is black cumin seed oil containing this stuff called thymoquinone, an anti inflammatory that helps reduce symptoms of asthma and other lung functions. Doctor Brockman, do you have anything to add to that, sir.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll just throw a couple other ones out here. Peppermint, it's a great one that relax the muscles of the respiratory track, and it helps improve breathing. Honey with its antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties. And then also you'll probably hear me say this repeatedly, Omega three, fatty acids found in fish oil and flax seed. The anti inflammatory properties these will help improve almost anything throughout the body and especially lun function.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, Okay, great, all right, super. All right, let's get back to work with you the telephone calls and questions. Next up is Dave in Bristol, Tennessee.
Speaker 5: Well that my name is Doug. I'm going for Sorry. My question is about five years ago or something like that. I had a full different placement done at that time. The doctor told me that my my other hit my right hid didn't look so good either, and asked me how I felt. If I felt perfectly fine, well don't worry about it then. But I did wait too long to get the first surgagery done because I stopped doing a lot of things, and eventually I just wasn't. I went from somebody who you know, ran seven miles to day to somebody who I couldn't really even walk a quarter mile. And had I gotten the surgery much earlier, it would have been better. And so right now when my right hand was started to hurt, and it's but it's not. It's not affecting my life, but in a negative way. I haven't reduced the amount of exercise I can do, but I fear that it will. And then the X ray shows that it looks bad. So should I just go ahead and get an everyplace or should is it optimum to wait longer? You know, right now I'm really at the level of this comfort, but I can sense what's coming. So I just wanted to get your sense. And my question is how long? How early can I go ahead and perceive with the surgery? Should I wait till it hurts more than it does right now? Which is really just discomfort but it looks like it's start to get worse because it is different.
Speaker 2: Okay, Doug, thank you for your phone call. First of all, sir, have you considered that it's not normal to have hip joints that wear out unless there is a cause. I know people in their eighties and nineties years of age had no problems with their hip sockers have perfectly healthy hips. I suggest you consider that maybe the imbalances that you have in your feet, knees, hips, or lower back or specific nutritional deficiencies need to be balanced. Have you considered getting a second opinion or a third opinion? Have you had work done by a chiropractor, or a pediatrist or a massage therapist. These are all people who deal with the biomechanics of the body, the imbalances that lead to hip degeneration and socket degeneration. If not, I recommend you do so before considering another bionic artificial hip joint, even though they are really necessary when they are, but they can be avoided if you keep the body in proper balance. Good health to you, sir, Thank you for your phone call. We'll be right back. Just gab and I welcome you or welcome you back to the final segment of the Doctor Bob Martin Show. Thank you so very much for tuning into the program. This is the inaugural of doctor Adam Brockman, now co hosting The Doctor Bob Martin Show. I've needed help for years, and finally somebody was qualified enough to do just that. After screening lots and lots of doctors, we found doctor Adam Brockman and doctor Brockman, we're happy to have you with us and going forward, sir, so thank you for that. Now, Doctor Brockman, I wanted you to comment, since you're an expert in restorative medicine regenerative medicine. See if you can comment on that. Last caller Doug from Bristol, Tennessee, who's you know, already had one hip replacement. Think he's ready to go for the other one, what would you say to him.
Speaker 3: Sir, Yeah, doctor Bob Doug. I say, try conservative treatments before this hip replacement. I have personally treated thousands of patients for this, not only through physical medicine and chiropractic, but also regenitive medicine. I suggest looking into what is known as platelet rich plasma therapy PRP, which is a series of injections that are happened close to that joint, the hip joint in your case, that helps to rebuild and restore damaged tissue and it includes restoring cartilage, and it has little to no side effects. Using your body's own growth factors, which I like to call many stem cells, you will want to You'll definitely want to seek out a qualify provider for this for the best results. This is much safer and more effective than steroid shots which are common for hips in other joints throughout the body knees, shoulders, and doug. If you're curious to learn more about it or you need a qualified provider near you, please email us at contact at doctor Bob dot com. That's contact at doctor spelling out doctor Bob dot com and will gladly set you up with a referral.
Speaker 2: Okay, super good information. All right, let's see if we can squeeze in the health all mystery of the week. Did you ever wonder why you can't remember being a baby? Well, babies are capable of encoding memories, even though mysteriously they can't seem to retrieve them as adults. According to a new study, do you ever wonder what it was like to be a baby, But no matter how hard you try, you can't remember any of the details. Well, it's not that you don't have memories from infancy. It is simply you can't access them later in life. They are mysteriously tucked away, according to new research. A study published in the journal Science examined twenty six infants ranging from well, I don't have time to go through this whole thing, but let me just say this. They looked at their brains with MRI machines, and and they did flash cards to see which part of the brain they were accessing, and lo and behold, what they discovered is that the memories are there, but very few. The memory of being a baby. And some people would like to know what happened at the birth process. They can't remember any of that, I don't remember being a baby at all. I probably my first memory is like maybe age five six. The rest of it's just a total blur. And apparently our brain protects us from that memory because maybe it was traumatic. They don't know for sure, and that's why it qualified as the Health mystery of the week. We're dealing with the brain doctor Adam Brockman. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. We'll talk to you next week.