Speaker 1: Hello, and thank you for listening to the Minnesota Goodbye with Jenny Ann Bailey. Hello, Vont just like hates us. He doesn't want to be on it apparently, No, I'm just kidding. On Fridays, he has a ton of work to do. If you don't know this about Vont, he is on a lot of different weekend shows across the country on different radio stations. So he's kind of just trying to get caught up on that because right after the show today we have to jet out of here and get to the Mall of America to do an event. So Bont's like, hey, I don't think I'm going to make it on today, so we'll jump right to the emails. We don't have a ton so if you've been dying to send us an email, now's your opportunity, because we're definitely not going to miss it and we'll definitely read it. So first off, this one comes from someone who says, don't say my name if you want to take this to the radio. But I have a dilemma today and I thought it'd be interesting to hear the squad's feedback to get right to it. I'm in sales in twenty percent of my monthly commission or monthly pay is commission based on a monthly quota. I received my commission check from February this week and I noticed it was much more than I expected. I looked at my pay STOB and it was nearly one thousand dollars more than I should have been paid as if I had maxed out my commission from the month prior, which I did not. I work for a large company and the likelihood of anyone noticing this is very low. I decided to contact my colleague that submits the commission payments to our payroll team. I have worked closely with her for eight plus years and I knew she would guide me in the right direction. She reviewed it with me and confirmed that what she sent to payroll was correct and that the error error was not made by her. She said she didn't have the time or capacity to deal with this and said she would let me decide what to do with it from there and wouldn't say anything if it came up. I feel like I did my part in reaching out to the direct contact on my team. Now, as it stands, should I reach out to my boss slash payroll to correct this or do I let it ride. This wasn't my error, So I don't know if I need to be the one to shed light on this or not. I'm not too concerned about repercussions that they do an audit down the road and need to take it back. But do I ride out this unexpected and delightful bonus it was an error made by a corporate's payroll team, or do I reach out to my boss slash payroll listen person who says to not say your name. You just let it ride?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, I'm honestly like, good for you for saying anything to your direct contact in the first place, because I would have been like, oh, sweet, I guess I did really good this month. But also I'm just dumb, so it wouldn't occur to me that, oh I wasn't meant to get this money. I would have just convinced myself that I was meant to get this money.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you going out and doing like actually talking to someone and being like, I think there's a mistake here. You did your part, you did your due diligence, your moral duty, and I think it's your money now.
Speaker 1: I think your only thing to be concerned about, which you said that you're not concerned about it. If they were to realize their mistake and they need to take the money back, because I'm gonna be honest, iHeart has done that to me before, where they've screwed something up and they're like sorry, or like I ended up covering something for Fallon and they paid Foulon and said to me, so then they were like sorry, Fallon, Like we got to take this money back in your next pay check. So as long as you're not concerned that, like you need that thousand dollars down the road, if they were to take it back, then I think you're totally fine.
Speaker 4: I do have an.
Speaker 1: Example of something that I was in a very similar situation when I was younger. So as you all probably know by now, I used to work at Bubba Gump and I was a host when I started, And when we started, we used to just automatically get a percentage of the servers tips, Like it was just automatically taken out of their tip amount. Versus a lot of restaurants the servers will like choose how much they want to tip the hosts, So it used to just automatically be taken out of the servers and put into our paychecks. And one paycheck I got and it was like four hundred dollars more in tips than I had ever had, And as a host, you really don't make a ton of tips.
Speaker 4: So I was like, WHOA.
Speaker 1: Like I got this paycheck, I was like, no, this isn't right. And but I sat and looked at it, and I was like, well, I don't know what I could done wrong, Like I know that I'm not in the wrong here, but I was concerned about them, being like, we need that money.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I was literally leaving to go on my twenty first birthday trip to Vegas, like in a week after I got that paycheck, and I was like, I'm not saying shit.
Speaker 4: No, they screwed up, and I am like, this is my money.
Speaker 1: If they did screw up or for some reason, maybe the servers had just this phenomenal week of tips. So I ended up getting more in tips. Yeah, but I never said shit.
Speaker 4: And it never came back and hit me in the bud. So there we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't say anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you're good.
Speaker 1: Okay, next email on Wednesday, you guys talked about the mom who wouldn't let one of her children go on vacation with the other side of the child's family. It got me thinking of something I experienced and I want to know your thoughts. My child had a birthday party at a water park hotel. He was turning ten. We invited two friends his same age and four children from our family. Of the four children, one was from one family, a twelve year old boo, and then the other three were another family member's.
Speaker 4: Kids aged ten, eight, and five.
Speaker 1: We invited everyone to come and swim, eat pizza, and qu hang out. We then also invited the friends of the of her son, and then two family member kids who were twelve and ten to stay the night.
Speaker 4: So to reiterate, there was like a twelve year old boy.
Speaker 1: From the family and then a ten, eight and five year old from a different family that they're all related to. So the family with multiple kids, the ten, eight and five year old would not allow the ten year old to stay overnight if we wouldn't also allow the eight year old.
Speaker 4: To stay two.
Speaker 1: I asked if both of the adults had to do everything with their siblings growing up, and they said no, So I said, your kids don't either. Everyone is welcome to come play, but the invite for the sleepover is just for the ten year old. They chose for none of their kids to stay overnight.
Speaker 2: Boo.
Speaker 1: I wanted to know which you have allowed one kid to stay and not the others?
Speaker 4: All right? That comes from page Oh my god, what is up with people?
Speaker 2: That makes me mad?
Speaker 3: Because like you just like took away a fun experience for your ten year old because you wanted to also unhand your eight year old as well, right, and like ten, I mean especially if the birthday boy is like.
Speaker 1: Twelve, you know, he was trying ten, so same age as a ten year old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like still if everybody's ten and twelve years old and then you have an eight year old, like, yeah, it's only two years, but eight and ten are two very different ages.
Speaker 1: Right, And also it looks like, you know, in total, they were going to have four people sleeping over then, and plus the birthday boy in the family and whatever. You got to think in terms also of like how many beds are there available, like how much space do they actually have for all of the kids and stuff. So no, I don't think you were in the wrong for I think I think that the parents should have let the ten year old sleep over without the eight year old. Yeah, I think that that's a little strange. If you have a different opinion, you're more than welcome to email us and let us know. But yeah, I'm not really I just understanding of that.
Speaker 2: This is like the.
Speaker 3: Because the Disneyland person and then this email. This is like the first time I've heard about like, well, all of my kids need to be involved or none of my kids can be involved. It just seems like such a strange like hill to die on for me when like, I mean, I have one sister, but the only thing we did together was like her eighth birthday party, and I was kind of like forced to not forced to be there, but she had no choice because like what else was I gonna do?
Speaker 2: I'm in the home that the party is being held at.
Speaker 3: But like, other than that, I didn't go do things with my sister all the time. Yeah, because she had her own friends. Like let your kid have his own friends.
Speaker 1: Right, I fully agree. My older sister and I are only a year and a half apart, so we did do a lot together, but we very much had our own friend groups. Like she had her birthday parties. I wasn't even I mean, I was probably around, but I don't think I was that involved in a lot of her stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Next email says, hello, morning show crew. I heard Jenny talk about pearler beads and I had to send some pictures of my favorite projects from the pandemic. My kids and I spent a lot of time making pearler bead projects during COVID. We glued magnets on the back and display them on our magnet board. Have a great day, so scroll show, Bailey, that is that princess speech?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's my thought. That's bowser bowser and nuns toad toad.
Speaker 1: Okay, good call, because I knew it was from like Themorrow people. But I those are cute, freaking pearler beads, so there's no chance she'll ever hear this. But if for some odd reason, Rachel, my sister, you are listening right now, do not let Maddie hear this. It's my niece's birthday party next weekend, and I did get her a pearler bead kid because I was, like, you know, that was fun to do at the age of thirty four with my friends, and I remember doing them as a kid, and I think that's one thing. Like my sister is really good at doing like crafts and artsy stuff with my niece and nephew, so I think that's one thing they don't have, and if they do, I'm going to be surprised. But I think that she'll really like doing that, but my sister will probably fucking hate it because my nephew will get into it and there will be pearler beats all over.
Speaker 2: Helly and you have claimed.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, okay, so we will delete that fun And then one more email of this comes from our good old friend Charise says, Hey, Jenny Bailey and Vant it's Charisse. I am ready to get a girl's opinion about something, but if not wants to throw an opinion, that's fine too. I usually don't care about how I look, but lately I've decided to pay more attention to myself. I recently am trying a new hair color and I'm not sure about it, so I am attaching a picture to get your opinions. It's I'll describe it because obviously you're listening to a podcast and you can't hear or see what we're saying. But it's a reddish brown color, and she is thinking about making it more brown and wants to know what we think. All right, love you guys from Charise Bailey, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: I mean, I love a brown I think because brown. Because okay, Cherise. For the listeners who do not know, Teresa has truly the most beautiful eyes in the history of eyeballs. And so, Teresa, if you're thinking about going more brown, see if you can get like a similar color to your eyes so that they pop.
Speaker 2: Even more, like a kind of a golden brown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be really cool and honestly kind of would like contrast very well, I think, so I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I am.
Speaker 3: Somebody who changes their hair constantly and is never happy with it. So hey, if you're ever thinking should I change my hair, the answer is yes, always do it. Follow your heart, follow your bliss, and change it for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, but however, she did ask if we like it, and I will say that yes, I do like the color that it is right now. Yeah, but if you want to change it to brown, I think that that'll work as well. But we'll move on from that. Since you are listening to a podcast, and you cannot see this picture right now. That's actually it. We're all caught up on emails. If there's something that we've missed that listen love Dave. He's not the most organized, so there's a chance an email has gotten deleted accidentally or we've dismissed it were the week. So if there's something that you haven't heard yet of your email, send it to Ryan Show at.
Speaker 4: Katiewb dot com.
Speaker 1: And Bailey was going to talk about somebody that she saw at a playlast night.
Speaker 3: I'm yes, I was at a play last night. I'm having a cougar moment. So I was at a play last night.
Speaker 2: It was called Secret Warriors at the History Theater. Overall, really great show. It was about like.
Speaker 3: Japanese army men or that were like American Japanese American that were helping during the World War Two.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you can look it up. It's called Secret Warriors at History Theater. Anyway, one of.
Speaker 3: The main two characters was the second he came out, I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh ooh, because he's.
Speaker 3: Real cute and he was such a good actor. It didn't even feel like he was acting. It just felt like the character was on the stage, just existing in his life, and so during intermission, you know, your girl looked up this man. Of course, usually when this happens, if I say like, oh, this guy's hot in this show, I'm going to look him up, they're always gay. This man was not gay. He is dating a woman, but whatever, that's okay. I don't think I was going to approach this man regardless. And then on his Instagram it says graduated UFM twenty twenty three, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh, oh god, so like literally less than two years ago he graduated college.
Speaker 3: And I was flabbergasted, shivered my timbers there, and I felt creepy because I was like, oh, this man's like eleven years younger than me.
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 3: But then I of course continued to creep because at once, like once you're opened on the Instagram page, like I can't stop myself from scrolling and trying to like suss out information from captions. So he is actually nine years younger than me. So he's twenty five, okay, and still fine as hell. I don't want to objectify men, but I did in that moment and throughout the entire show because he was so cute. But is I like, I don't think I would ever seek out someone who is twenty.
Speaker 4: Five years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but my sister always said that she thought, because we always like joke in my family that I'm like a spinster lady, and I'll be like the kooky ant that like comes home with like at a hot new bow every so often, and they'll be like, well, who's this one today? And so then I was thinking, Okay, well maybe I should get on that now, in that era of my life of cougar lady and start bringing home twenty five year olds.
Speaker 1: I think that you should do whatever your heart desires, as long as I mean, there's one there's a difference between like a hot young twenty five year old and also like people are still hot at your age too, people are hot at every age what I hear. Indeed, but I think there's quite a difference between the emotional intelligence of a twenty five year old and a thirty four year old. Yes, that is my only objection to that situation, thank you. Yeah, but I will I will chime in with one quick story. I was girling on Instagram yesterday and saw this message or this video of Steve Irwin's kid.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yes, the one of the pictures of him with the snake around his neck.
Speaker 2: Is his name.
Speaker 1: Stever is the no wait, god, name is Steve. Yeah, so Steverwin's son. And I was like, damn, he's hot. And then I looked him up and he's twenty one. And then I saw twenty one, and then I felt really bad, and I was like, nope, we're going to move on from that, and that'll be the end of this.
Speaker 2: Yes, Robert Irwin is his name. And okay, if you want to look one.
Speaker 3: First of First of all, if you're attracted to men, look up Robert Irwin, your life will be forever changed.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's twenty one.
Speaker 3: And you do feel weird objectifying this, you young man.
Speaker 1: It's a little too young. I definitely thought he was like at least twenty five or older. So then when I saw that, I was like, okay, we're moving on.
Speaker 4: So there, we're.
Speaker 3: Really one of the finest, finest specimens in the history of the freaking world.
Speaker 1: All right, that's going to do it for the Minnesota Goodbye. Send us your emails to Ryan Show at KDIWB dot com.