Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to have a guest in a studio, I have Kim from Yonuts.
Speaker 2: Hello, Kim, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: I am doing wonderful.
Speaker 1: Thanks John, I'm excited to chat with you. You guys are doing something fun. First of all, for folks that haven't been to Yonuts, we should explain what you guys do before we tell them about this new thing you're doing.
Speaker 2: But what is Yonuts and how in the world did this end up in Swop Falls.
Speaker 3: Well, Yonnuts is a newer franchise started in twenty nineteen where we do donuts and ice cream and not just separately. We do it together, so you.
Speaker 2: Can also have a separate if you guys just want this, Yes you can.
Speaker 3: You can. We make yep regular donuts.
Speaker 2: Wild and crazy.
Speaker 1: You can get smashed and you can smash a donut with ice cream in the middle. And I don't know how you do it, but it's delicious.
Speaker 3: Yes, you take a donut shell and you cut it in half. We put ice cream in the middle, hot press it so it's hot on the outside, cold on the in size. Cutter in half and just put all the goodies on it. So it's a sweet treat and it's something new and fun.
Speaker 1: I hadn't had that for the first month or so because I say plant safe. I tried the donuts, so its we're good. And I tried the breakfast sandwiches, which are amazing. If you're looking for an amazing breakfast sandwich, get into Ynuts. But then I was in there and you're like, well, you got to have a smash donut, and I finally I was like, okay, I'll take it, and I took it to go because I came back here.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm gonna go there.
Speaker 1: You're like, what four blocks from the station, which is awesome, but I was like, I'm gonna try this thing. And it didn't melt because I ate it so fast, so very good. I don't know why donut plus ice cream equals ecstasy, but that's what it is very addictive to.
Speaker 3: It is good stuff.
Speaker 1: So now that we know what yonnuts is for people that are going, okay, now we're up to speed. You're doing something called Smashy Hour, and that is kind of a new thing, and you guys are the first yonnuts in the world to do this, aren't you.
Speaker 3: We are came up with the idea of how could we do some kind of happy hour for kids, And because everything we do is smashed this and smash that. With our smashed milkshakes and smashed donuts, we thought, why not have Smashy Hour. And what we're doing is Bogo buy one, get one fifty percent off sandwiches and smashed donuts. So this is bring your student ID in between three and five every weekday through the month of September and give us a try.
Speaker 2: I love that. And the thing that's school.
Speaker 1: You're right by Old Gorman, so for them it's like literally around the corner. But for every other school, even if you get to drive across town, so worth it.
Speaker 3: Kids are so busy these days that three to five is probably if they're not already doing sports at that point or other activities, they get out of school and maybe have a second We can be that stop for a quick bite, whether it is quick it is quick sandwich, smash donut, you can have both, you can have two of one. You can do it however you want. You could bring a friend and share.
Speaker 1: Now, if let's say that I have a child that I bring in there and they have a student, ID, do I get something as the adult too?
Speaker 2: Then they let you. Sure, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Wondering where I could get a kid, It's what I'm trying to say here. So no, this is a really neat thing. And again we we an all honesty and just being transparent. You'll hear ads on the radio for Yonauts. They're an advertiser of ours, but Kim and Matt are also friends of ours.
Speaker 2: We've known you guys forever.
Speaker 3: Very long time.
Speaker 1: I remember when your kids were born and now your kids are working at Yonuts right.
Speaker 2: So no, we've known these guys for a long time.
Speaker 1: So super excited when you open the business right up the street from us, because you could have done that anywhere, and it just so happens you're like four blocks away from us, so we could see each other more often, which is awesome.
Speaker 3: Yes, and Soup Falls so far has been very good to us. Of the eighteen stores that Yonas has so far, we've been the number one store ever since we've opened, and we're talking to the other places are Houston, Texas, Vegas, so we're talking the big cities. So they ain't got nothing on us.
Speaker 1: No, So if you've not tried Yonnuts, I encourage you to get in there and try it again. Ice cream and donuts. If you want them together, you can. If you don't want them together, that's okay. You can have just ice cream, you can have just donuts. You have some really good milkshakes, and again, some fun flavors. Everything is so fun.
Speaker 3: Lots of different fun flavors with different cereals, toppings, you name it. We also incorporated a clawcaid. If you've never seen clockcads, it's kind of something that's popping up all over the country. Lots of claw machines and not only can you win the stuff in the claw machines, but you can take those items that you win and trade up for bigger prizes. So kind of a little bit of that carnival effect.
Speaker 1: And this was the first Yonnuts in the world to have that, and now you're going to have that is going to be happening all over the place, isn't it.
Speaker 3: We're working yep on a contract to do. It's going to be called Yo Claws and making that a company wide offering, so hopefully it'll be all throughout.
Speaker 2: How cool is this? It all started in Soup Falls. That's all right.
Speaker 1: We're excited to have Yonnuts in town. And again, I really do. Everything I've had there is so good and we.
Speaker 2: Were so blessed. I even shared this on Facebook.
Speaker 1: We were so blessed to be able to try something that I can't tell you what it is. It's top secret. It's for next month. But we got to come in and try some of this stuff. And I'd posted on there that we're in here trying these combinations and I put hashtag I love my job.
Speaker 2: So my god, this is the best thing ever. Yeah, it's not a bad gig.
Speaker 1: Then, well, Kim, thank you for doing what you do and thanks for being here. And again, smash hour the whole month of September after school three to five, go in with your student. I D buy one, get one half price on donuts and sandwiches, right.
Speaker 3: Smashed donuts and sandwiches.
Speaker 1: There you got it, and there's some really good stuff. Get in there and see them again at Yonnuts just on the corner of like forty first and Kuwanas.
Speaker 2: You'll see them.
Speaker 1: It's in the old building where Zoop used to be, So if you know where that used to be, you know right where they are.
Speaker 3: Yep, the corner of forty first in Kiajuanas and you'll hear Sunny Radio when you walk in the door there you go.
Speaker 1: Stop in and see them today. Thanks, thanks for joining us right here on something you should know and something you should know. Something you should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesis gooldra dot com